Speaker 1: Welcome into the Ravens Press Pass Podcast. The Ravens took down the Pittsburgh Steelers twenty eight to fourteen in the Wildcard Round at M and T Banks Stadium. This was a big time win for the Ravens, who will now advance to the Divisional Round after taking and down their division arrival. After the game, we heard from head coach John Harbaugh.
Speaker 2: All Right, appreciate everybody being here and appreciate the opportunity to to just be a part of something like this.
Speaker 3: You know, it's something more grateful for.
Speaker 2: And I think you guys have earned the chance to playing a big game like this against our arch rival and to play the way they did. Just so proud of I'm so proud of what they did. I think they came out and they understood how to win a football game like this.
Speaker 3: They knew how to win it. It's one thing to know it, it's another thing to execute it and do it. And they did it. And I'm proud of those guys for that.
Speaker 2: What question do you have, John, I know your old school coach, keep down.
Speaker 4: How would you kind of prolish of winning a game kind of like this.
Speaker 5: With one the ground the way you did.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my dad's proud. Jack Carbo's proud right now. You know, he likes he likes to pound the rock. And that's what we did. I mean, Derek Henry was running hard, hard, physical. Lamar started it off. I mean Lamar carried the ball at different times in the first Driver too. I mean you get backed up to talk about good t shirt good, you know, and talk about having faith. You know, the little punt gets bobbled, whatever, they get the ball, We get the ball to five yard line and we go ninety five yards for a touchdown.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 2: You know, whatever adversity your face with, find a way to overcome it. And did it with execution. They did it with physicality. They did it by playing one play at a time, by being poised and uh and just understand it. It's gonna be a long game. It's gonna be a lot of plays, you know, and let's let's try to put as many good plays together as we could. I think it just kind of kept it that simple. So yeah, the Running Game, The Running Game makes it possible.
Speaker 7: I know, you have an appreciation for what Lamar does as much as anyone. You see more of him than anyone, But does he does he teach you anything new about himself with a game like this, like you said, starting open with a bunch of physical run and then just doing what he did without his say flowers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, uh, you know, I think about Lamar.
Speaker 2: I guess the thing that I continue to be amazed with just who he is as a person, you know, I mean, of course, how the plays he makes, and how tough he is. I mean, I mean just you can't get over about how tough he is, how physically tough he is, how mentally tough he is. You know, he's in there running the ball, he's getting hit, and he's taking shots, and he's you know, he gets back up and then he steps up and makes a play, runs around and throws a touchdown pass. I mean, that's that play at the end of the half. That's what we call trigger, and that's basically you hit it or you dirt it, or you throw it out of the back of the end zone, you know, and he runs around and finds a touchdown pass. And I think, I just think in his head, he he knows what eleven seconds is. The clock was going a little faster for me in my mind, you know, I'm like, he throw that thing away. You know, he threw it. It was a touchdown. You know, it's like all he can say is wow. I think I said wow about seven times right there. So you know, glory, glory to God.
Speaker 3: For that one.
Speaker 7: John Early in the game, you go to play where he takes a direct snap, fakes the suite to Jackson, he takes off on a huge game. Has that play been in the book all year?
Speaker 8: Did you put it in this weekend?
Speaker 9: What would you say broadly about Todd Molkin's game tonight?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I just I feel like Todd did a great job. He called the game really well. Uh, he was patient, and but he also had some we had We had a few play actions dialed up and things like that. We had some things we didn't get to too because you were running the ball so well. But that was a play we put in this week to play.
Speaker 3: That went in. Uh.
Speaker 2: And uh, you know it's a little bit off the Tennessee play that they ran against us last year, remember in London, So it was kind of off of that play. It's kind of the idea of it. I just just set it up a little bit differently. But I think the whole offensive staff is doing a great job. Travis Sweitzer was you know, coordinates the run game. George, George Warhap, George gotsee Willie Taggart does a great job with that. I mean, Julu's got those guys blocking out there in the perimeter. It's just a team effort.
Speaker 4: Only your first thirty two plays, you guys have twenty four rush of the time. So is that the plan or is that something gotten old throughout the first time?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I consider pertained that twenty four and thirty two as a plan. You know, there's a lot of people out there real happy about that though.
Speaker 6: Right now.
Speaker 2: And when you can do that, you want to do it, you know, and that's pretty pretty awesome. That's kind of mean, you know, to one thing about Todd I appreciate and and it's really all of our coaches. I think those guys are are great unit together. But whatever it takes, you know, we don't have to do it one certain kind of way. We don't have a particular you know, back system that where we're not like the West Coast system or something like that.
Speaker 3: We're just the Ravens system.
Speaker 2: You know, what's the best offense that we can put together for our players, you know at this time, and they do a great job of that.
Speaker 10: If you are so fortimula though, I mean running the football, stopping the run this time of year.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean absolutely, Jerry. I mean that's that's that's a big part of the for him. And it's football. It's like it's like Jeremies is talking about it. This is Jack harball man. It goes back as that's as old as football. And it's kind of the Ravens way too. I think if you look back and look at Baltimore, you know, since two thousand, they were throwing the ball out first three years, but every year after that it's been it's been it's been run defense, special teams. But Lamar's had a little he's had a little little flavored to that whole thing, hadn't he you know, And we're throwing the ball well too.
Speaker 9: So Josh feel this was a signature game for your offensive line as well. I mean, we know the talent on the other side of the wall.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: So, I mean that that's a you know, that's a really good football team. That's a very physical defense, that's a tough defensive line. Their linebackers are down here and we know Patrick Roberts is a great player. Their guys on the edge are just a nightmare to deal with. They were crashing the ends off the edge was very physical, and we were able to control the edges for the run game as much as anything. And how about our tackles in the pass game. It wasn't like we were chipping all the time when we were passing, and I thought our tackles did a great job. You know, their offense came in the second half. You know, they made some plays. Now, they hit us on three third downs that you know, they found the weakness and the coverage and we didn't play it quite perfectly. We got to chase perfection and play those things a little better. But they made those plays. And then I mean those throws up the sideline, they were just great throws and great catches. You know, those were well covered plays and they were they made him that's a really good football team and that's a it's a really good win for us.
Speaker 11: Talked about you know earlier and that we talked about how you sometimes it was too hyped or too antsy in these games, in these playoff games. What have you seen from him that's been different? In that regard because he I mean, he looked very much obviously in control against.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like he's kind of been that way all year, But but he is, he is very much in control. It's probably a great way to say he's he's got a great hand on the game plan. But I think when the when the play starts, he's just he's seeing things. You know, he's he's he's uh, he's got a good grasp of the coverage. He sees the coverage. I think he keeps it kind of simple in terms of what he's looking for. You know, he studies a lot of tape and just seeing it field really well.
Speaker 10: John, you may mentioned of Pittsburghs making the plays they did when they had that ninety eight yard touchdown drive.
Speaker 8: How impressed were you with the offense?
Speaker 10: I think Lamar was even sacked on that first down play. But you score a touchdown in four plays, I mean they had to be demoralizing for them trying.
Speaker 8: To get that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you talking about two minute drive.
Speaker 10: No, no, in the third quarter when when they went ninety eight yards and then you guys score a touchdown on four plays?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah. The answer, Yeah, I mean I didn't expect it. I mean, I didn't expect you know, he kind of trying to figure out you no math in your head, and what do we need to do? And then our offense just marches right down the field and you Lamar drives it, and the guys made plays. I mean, how about Tyland Wallace made a play, you know, to convert that was we were second in first twenty second and twenty you know, and then and Lamar finds him.
Speaker 3: He sees the.
Speaker 2: Field like Brian's talking about, and Tyler gets open and makes the play, and Lamar put Dotson right there and he gets up a field. Just guys are making plays. Bait had a few huge plays. Mark had some big plays. Isaiah likely early in the game, you know where he swung the ball like that and I was screaming to put it away. You know, guys got more yards, got out of bounds. I mean, just everybody's kind of stepping up. It's just it's a real team effort.
Speaker 5: Tell me so that there were captain patches on the raymis Jersey. Believe it's the first time you've done that. Team history went into that decision, and for the six specific guys that you picked for that.
Speaker 3: Look went into them right.
Speaker 2: Well, for the guys we picked, it was a team vote and uh and uh and there and then we also have two we had two game captains, which was Tyler and Kyle this week, and the idea was, you know, these guys, I think our leadership has been really It's not that it's been great every year, but this year the leadership has been really outstanding.
Speaker 3: It's been really something.
Speaker 2: I think they've been locked in in a real kind of special way, and it was just an opportunity to acknowledge that. Probably I kind of wanted to put the patch on Lamar for sure, and Rokwan and some other guys. You know, Mark guys you got but they all got the votes, and we decided to go ahead and do it.
Speaker 3: And I think it's well deserved.
Speaker 12: Today the Broncos beat the Bills.
Speaker 8: You have a home game here next week. Do you do you get involved.
Speaker 3: In in that or do you just, oh, you've been root for him?
Speaker 2: You know, I can always root for a home game, And I think it bears note in the Our fans tonight were unbelievable and our stadium was incredible.
Speaker 3: I mean, it was a fun stadium.
Speaker 2: I gotta tell you, I took a moment a couple times to kind of look around and see what was going on. I mean, the lights come out. You notice that right when they put the lights out, and.
Speaker 3: That ray Lewis comes out of the end zone and does the dance. I mean I heard the song.
Speaker 2: I'm like, it kind of sounds familiar, you know, here and here it comes right out of the tunnel. And I just think our fans were just really right on point. It was loud out there. It was hard for them to communicate when they started chating. Then v P where we were trying to close the game out, you know. But uh but then uh, once we closed the game out, they got it going again. It was our Our fans were phenomenal. So if that happens and they get an opportunity to do it again, that'd be great.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 3: If not, we'll go to Buffalo and and we'll be ready to play. All right, Thanks, thank you.
Speaker 1: Next, we heard from quarterback Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 11: Mark, how did it feel to beat the Steelers kind of in that really kind of physical fashion out there?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 14: I it, to be honest, it's really not about it still, as you know, it's just I was just winning in the playoffs, so it's just a it's just great to win.
Speaker 13: Lamar hitting the back.
Speaker 8: On one of the plays and getting treatment.
Speaker 9: Uh, how'd be back and how did it effect you doing the game?
Speaker 13: I'm good.
Speaker 14: Uh, it really didn't fit me at all, to be honest with you, just.
Speaker 13: A little gnad, but I'm good. Nothing to worry about.
Speaker 8: Did you wrap it where you take get on it and stuff during.
Speaker 13: The game, Yeah, I was rapping with heat Pat, Yeah.
Speaker 5: L Mar.
Speaker 10: How about the game plans away?
Speaker 15: You guys were able to just run the ball down their throats for four quarters.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 14: That shout out to the Austin line, you know, shout out to travel with the game plan s and Derek. Can't take nothing away from Derek and he's just that guy.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 14: Off the line got great penetration, kept kept blocking those guys, great defense in front, great linebackers. What our guys were just hunger, you know, Uh, we know what's at state for us, and they got it done, got a job done.
Speaker 5: When why were you surprised by the way that the Steelers defense was playing the Reid option players that they were just having their line backer dive in and go after her your whatever your running back was, and they were just allowing you to kind of keep it on the outside.
Speaker 14: What was the kind of your thoughts on that They really wasn't uh letting me keep it outside. Uh, they had a guy they were squeeze scraping. They had a guy running for Derek and a guy wrapping around for me. But we just playing football. You know, sometime as you win, sometimes you're losing. Those guys had opportunities whatever Wan what he won. We had opportunities what we won. You know, so just cat and mouse game, are you?
Speaker 7: You said earlier sometimes when the playoff games passed, you.
Speaker 12: Felt antsy at the start of 'em.
Speaker 7: You look pretty controlled out there, obviously, get out to a twenty one nothing lead. I mean, was there anything different for you in your prep or or early in the game that help you guys execute.
Speaker 8: The way you wanted?
Speaker 14: I mean you just aksed me an answered it kind of the same. But nah, you know, uh, I was just chilled. You know, I wasn't I'm not not gonna I was eager throughout the whole week like it need to hurry up and become Saturday. Like, But you know when the day came. I was just cool throughout the day. I didn't get on the phone. I didn't wanna talk. My mom called me. I said, I wanna talk like like, you know, no disrespect, never disrespect. But I don't wanna talk like I'm just ready for the game, like let me get to the game.
Speaker 13: I want to play around smile like no.
Speaker 14: It was just that type of thing, and that's what it's gonna be every each and every time.
Speaker 10: More.
Speaker 16: Wh I saw the act couple times when you get off Derek you were able to off the side to actually watch him run.
Speaker 8: What what is what's it like to when you're on the field seeing Derrick Henry run like that?
Speaker 14: It looked like a movie club, like you know when like i'm'a give f M cars.
Speaker 13: You watch the movie Cars a little bit too order to watch cars. But anyway, for kids, y'alls. And I was a kid when I watched kid. I was a kid when I watched cars. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 14: But yeah, M you know when uh when uh light and McQueen just flying flashing past, and then it's like that's how Derek looked when he was running pass and.
Speaker 13: All those guys just it look, it looked like a movie.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 14: I'm not gonna lie to you, but so I'd rather be watching it than being on the oppositide of the ball.
Speaker 13: I know that no more hardly think.
Speaker 7: It does for the confidence of the offense to have such a sharp day offensively in the playoff game.
Speaker 14: It means we need to do that each and every time. You know, great preparation, great practicing. Gods just locked down uh as when to go home mentality, and our guys just showing that each and every down. You know, at least one play at the time. Things didn't go out a way all the time out there. You know, we y'all stop had penalties, had to get s we got we lost yards like five ten yards sometimes, but our guys just stayed with it. And that's that what happens in playoff games. You gotta just stay locked in your carry.
Speaker 4: The ball as many times as you did that, especially in.
Speaker 6: The early portion of the game.
Speaker 14: To be honest, I I wasn't you know, but it's football. You never know what had happened during the game, so you just gotta be prepared.
Speaker 12: Lamar.
Speaker 11: You talked about how this season, how they having Derek has made your job easier when you have him in these playoff environments, in these types of games, when he can sort of do what he he did out there tonight, how would you describe that.
Speaker 13: I don't I really don't know.
Speaker 14: It's I believe it's just self explanatory, like that guy is just a record.
Speaker 13: That guy just a god.
Speaker 14: Like I don't know, I can't find the word to say, man like I believe everyone sees it, like I can just hand the ball off he ten yards, twenty yards, thirty yards and I'm just chilling, you know. So now when they attack and him, then I go and it's like, I'm I'm fresh, you know, just making my job a lot easier.
Speaker 8: We just pick it back off of each other.
Speaker 7: Light nam M queen, Then which car are you? M?
Speaker 14: No, I didn't say he was like the McQueen. I said, it's light watching light to McQueen, he just flashing past. I'm no car man, I'm just chilling watching the show.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 7: Lamar So saw many of these games with the Steelers specifically, have have swung on turnovers and uh, you know, it's been one of the criticisms of your performance in the playoffs. How do you feel about not giving them the opportunities and and you know being strong on the on the turnover front.
Speaker 13: Well, that's just something we preached.
Speaker 14: Uh we preached that the second time we played 'em, you know, cause we played 'em f earlier this year when we played 'em in Pittsburgh, we had the fumbles interception. You know, it's like those guys got in the momentum and they putting points on the board, field goals here and there, and it's like our momentum just died. So going into the next the second game we played him, it's like, we don't turn the ball over. We got a chance, you know, and we did that. We had a chance the first time. On the second time tonight, same thing. Don't turn the ball over, keep the ball in our possession.
Speaker 13: We did that. See the results O Mark tonight.
Speaker 17: You guys talk about say being out how you hut you wasn't for everyone?
Speaker 11: All the weapons are office to step up today.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's see the Sam's time.
Speaker 3: And why we got to do it too.
Speaker 14: I mean some guys were just waiting the opportunity to get out there and show the rail where they capable of. You know, some guys been here a long time. Uh Taling you know he's been here for a while, got there and made some splash plays for us. Uh kept the job going. Ah a critical second and long like second and twenty. That was crazy and Ti Tyland caught the ball, got yacked, you know that was great for him.
Speaker 13: Got Anthony Miller.
Speaker 14: Getting in, uh catching Crutcher, Uh first downs, making things happen, getting A's closer if it's third and or whatever. You know, our got Just and Steven Sims, you know, got in and had that long run. Gods just wanna play, and god just wanna win. And if you over here, you better wanna win. You know, would you if you.
Speaker 4: Amount of boxing stuff you guys run and how many times you got from the ball you guys ever studied film of White Service Cabinet School's Army leaving.
Speaker 13: Air Force FA Uh, well, I don't know.
Speaker 14: Uh talk to Trive about that. That's our run game coordinator, So you gotta talk to Trive.
Speaker 3: I don't dar you.
Speaker 12: You're gonna be rooted for the Broncos.
Speaker 3: And how do you feel about nobody?
Speaker 6: How do you feel about put.
Speaker 12: On the road if if the Broncos don't win.
Speaker 14: I'm not room for nobody. It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter. We've been on the rule all season. You know, we we ready. I believe our guys ready, but it starts Monday. We don't know who we playing right.
Speaker 1: Now, podium. We also heard from defensive lineman Now I'm the Matabik who had a pair of sacks in the wind?
Speaker 15: What was the life watching Lamar and go motion on that play that ended up with wildcat run to Derreck ran.
Speaker 13: This is a Lamar due.
Speaker 18: I've seen the multiple times and practice and just to see in the game that's when everybody sees it.
Speaker 12: In live motion.
Speaker 18: It's just just amazing. Just great quarterback and got my size in.
Speaker 9: Terms of law chained to this whole playoff run. Was it very important to you guys, not just to win, but to play well and be doctable?
Speaker 18: Yeah, for sure. In the locker room, we was just talking about, like on defense, like start fast, like start real fast, like pull with them early. You know, I feel like that's what we did in the first half. And you know, in the second half was just about finishing, just finishing, and you know they caught you know, some moon balls here and there, but I feel like we finished round the.
Speaker 5: End, I'll be speaking about that first half was dominant just to very statistical bash cause what really transpired on those couple of successions that were different from the other ones that we were successful.
Speaker 18: On, Uh, everybody just doing their job, you know, people making plays, doctor making plays, m M me G. Going in there and being disruptive. You know, everybody just doing their thing, doing the one to eleven. And I feel like everybody just came together at the end and we got to do now due.
Speaker 12: How would you give sact yourself and fast rush at Ford Sat?
Speaker 8: How important think it is?
Speaker 13: Would you guys to continue that pressure off.
Speaker 18: Quarterbacks and huge especially the playoffs, you know, stopping the offensive momentum, you know, keep keeping them off of you know, their schedule, you know, and just being disruptive every play. That's just the goal and that's what we're trying to do.
Speaker 11: How would you describe the ascension the defense has been on the second half of the season and your level of confidence at this point in the year.
Speaker 8: They're just trusting the guys in the locker room.
Speaker 18: You know, there's a lot of people giving us flat earlier in the year, and you know, it's just about us at the end of the day, we told each other that it's about us. So we you know, we made some corrections, you know what I mean, and people start playing a high level and we're just just getting on the row. We're just gonna keep going and start some practice one day.
Speaker 19: So good.
Speaker 1: In locker room today we heard from a running back Derek Henry, who scored a pair of touchdowns and really was the driver of this offense.
Speaker 8: You know, football as a whole team win the game for you guys in the ground.
Speaker 5: The team almost threat keep dealing early on you gutu get doing the.
Speaker 8: Check something like that. He look, I told you on the phone phone doing my job, which you never played.
Speaker 6: Credits at offne really great job tight ends, Sis fell back blocking for me and all to have.
Speaker 7: Sis doesn't have to say what doesn't saying about this offense that you guys are or something like that.
Speaker 8: You got what'd you say about the offense?
Speaker 6: We gotta make this stuffs bads me give credit.
Speaker 8: I say give credit the guys.
Speaker 6: That bad man and.
Speaker 1: Early this game, Lamar playing was running a lot. How did that affect things? Or baby open up holes and attract some of the defense in his directions.
Speaker 6: I just think Lamar was seeing it. We were doing a great job of up pulling and making plays and getting the most out of out of the play got into the.
Speaker 8: Great John blocking.
Speaker 6: But for it to open up and you know, well it does that week with a weak out so to the great job?
Speaker 3: How much?
Speaker 12: How much do long touchdown around you kind of thumping your.
Speaker 6: Chest and see the fans after that walk round, just talk about the environment and what you saw. I mean, that's nothing, I'm shot is expected, you know, don hard fans, great fans on best fans in the league, best fans in the league. As a packed out house.
Speaker 13: There showing love back to the fans.
Speaker 6: They brought that intense energy and they were allowed and they were locked in.
Speaker 12: My guess all I said, whether work.
Speaker 6: It seems like guys kind of want to talk to their loves where you gotta play, whether it's cold or I'm down one hundred and sixty degrees, you gotta play so they don't undue whether it's cold, whatever, whatever.
Speaker 7: What did you see from Lamar in prep for this week, especially with the playoff states on line and how he started that game?
Speaker 20: What do you mean what I see for them just like in terms of his prep on his intensity, this approach is the same. I was like, you know, it's at states. Like I said, you know, one week each and every week. So we're gonna focus on what we need to do to EXEQ on all three phases play coming with football to.
Speaker 6: Give ourselves a chance to be the want that He's gonna do what he does each and every day a practice. So he shows up a day danger you wouldn't even at times he didn't.
Speaker 11: Defenders went to the long you all carrier, guy who.
Speaker 13: Didn't didn't have the falls were.
Speaker 11: How difficult does that mean?
Speaker 8: How difficult does that make you.
Speaker 6: Know, trying to defend you? Yeah? I mean when I get too ahead of ourselves and throw off the walls about how great we are, stay level headed, enjoy enjoyed this one your film, so we can get better at technical then move on to the next one.
Speaker 8: It's a great win today, Wright did a great job. Like I said, enjoy this or recognition.
Speaker 6: Kark, You've got a lot of special moments, a.
Speaker 8: Lot of big wins this season.
Speaker 21: Sure you came here for moments like this to actually come in here today and win a playoff game.
Speaker 8: Now with this team, how much did today mean to you to be a part of it?
Speaker 6: We said when the playoff game, like, I ain't want none proby.
Speaker 8: Specifically with the Ravens.
Speaker 6: No, it's a great team win, you know, especially it's a division opponent. You know how impartments right ways such as.
Speaker 12: Organization and the battles they had throughout the year.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I was playing playing the third time. You know, it's always gonna be tough, but hands out everybody on the team to execute teammates and thin coach SI gets heated.
Speaker 10: Derek, what did it mean to you to be voted one of the captain patches that you guys did this week?
Speaker 3: Pet in your first year in your.
Speaker 8: Team, you guys think, Yeah, I was a little shock.
Speaker 6: I voted for Lamar and Mark and I definitely appreciate my teammates for you know, seeing me as somebody.
Speaker 8: As a leader the capital.
Speaker 6: He's seen me in my first year. That's all I want to do. When I came and Sorr, he just heard my teammates respect. I really appreciate the tun.
Speaker 1: We also heard from tight end Isaiah likely.
Speaker 22: Say y' all the time his post his vocus will get shot more, I mean and That's how he preached it. He don't care how it looks on at that ship.
Speaker 8: As long as there's a w in that come.
Speaker 7: He said he didn't want to talk anything to day. It wasn't taking a phone calls you. He's any different conduct from him today than the other playoffs.
Speaker 22: Really just you know that the tunnel vision is just you know, understand that we got for him. You know, we're gonna celebrate this win. You know today said watch it tomorrow, and then you know, went on to whoever we got just Steppe ut out the same comps and the years and Mark you know, you's to the team Steppe up in the offense, she had every now to get the team next year. I mean that, you know, that's what you want the offense.
Speaker 8: You wanted him.
Speaker 22: You know how your playmakers make plays, I mean days, you know, a great affort to our offense. You know, one of the most supposed to players we have, really one of the most supposed plays in the league.
Speaker 8: But I tell everybody all the.
Speaker 22: Time, like you don't never know where in the FoST play's gonna come by the offense.
Speaker 8: And I feel like, you know that feels it.
Speaker 3: Today, you guys are the number one regis on team in the league.
Speaker 8: You guys were three for three today.
Speaker 12: Can you talk about what you do good in that?
Speaker 3: Getting that jone?
Speaker 19: Uh?
Speaker 22: Having d h Lamar in the backfield and then I mean, I feel like that just makes everybody on the perimeter's job easy when you know the defensive focused on you know, Derek in the backfield Lamar being able to keep it making both players whether it's uh run or pass, and then you know having them, you know, seeing the best looks to get it open.
Speaker 12: What's your advantage point when Derek Havin breaks away or.
Speaker 1: What plus yards on that play?
Speaker 19: Oh?
Speaker 22: You if you ever watched me on film, when I ever see Dereck Henry brike, I always put my hand up like I cause I'm assuming it's a touchdown. So like then in my mind, I'd be like, ah, he got alright, let me go head back to the huddle, cause I'm already looking sideline seeing if the field go leaduon is coming on?
Speaker 21: And how about Famarea.
Speaker 7: Jackson extending that play which went to jumps fout what she told us.
Speaker 1: And you a proud what would you get in at?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 22: That just shows you you know that a two playuarterback. I mean he shows your MVP MV three for real who he is every every snap, every down, you know, whether you know that's the difference between three and seven, and I feel like when you have a mom back there, you're gonna get seven, nine, ten, ten out of ten times.
Speaker 7: Has there been a recipient on a lot of those plays that Justice he'll scored on where it just feels like the play is going on forever.
Speaker 13: What's kind of your mentality as a receiver when Lamar just feels like he's running back around back there forever.
Speaker 8: I really just try to get his attention.
Speaker 22: I mean, obviously trying to get open at eye contact with your quarterback and really just understand that you know, the play is not over to l's on the ground and I haven't seen nobody that's been able to get him when on one back there. So really just you know, always trying to remain open and really just try to, you know, make a play for him.
Speaker 1: So that Dragon wasn't really looking like any clearly looking to early in the game, he was running a lot, you know, out of that kind of accept the tone for the offense.
Speaker 22: Team and at it showed them that you know they're gonna have to play him as well. I mean, you're not only gonna have to focus on uh DH back there in the backfield that you're gonna have to account for eight. And he showed them like he wasn't gonna slide. He was going to take as much contact and take as much yards as they were gonna give him.
Speaker 7: Also, that drive before the half, it seemed like it wasn't going where it then Steelers called the timeout.
Speaker 8: Did that influence you, guys?
Speaker 7: Does that make you feel like, hey, we got to make something out of this once a Steelers started calling timeouts.
Speaker 8: And then we get the ball back.
Speaker 22: I mean, the whole objective every time the officers out there is to score points. I mean I feel like, you know, having them call time out, you know, we got good rest, we got good you know, breathers for everybody. You know, we were able to get a good play call in and really.
Speaker 8: Just go from there with the mentality into education out.
Speaker 22: I say, just be one to know. I mean that's the same aspect that we have every week. Never obviously like try to make a game more than what it is, but understand that the main objective is to you want to know.
Speaker 8: Be where your feet are and show your talent.
Speaker 15: When when Todd's and a, I guess in a groove calling place for you guys, what is that like in the huddle when they're coming in and like a thirteen play, thirteen run drive that type of thing like when he's in his band kind of calm.
Speaker 8: Place for you.
Speaker 15: How does that field I guess for you guys.
Speaker 22: As an all times, I mean it's just great momentum. I mean you see the offense having fun. I mean whether it's run or pass, I mean, it just gives the defense.
Speaker 8: An option to never be right.
Speaker 22: And I feel like that's just you know, kudos to him, and then the offense are really just executing the plays.
Speaker 1: Next, we heard from center Tyler Linderbaum, who had a huge role in establishing this dominant ground game.
Speaker 5: Let's say just the physical.
Speaker 23: Yeah, just proud of the part of the guys, proud of the unit, proud of the backs, proud of them are you know O line And you know that was we knew they were going to try to come in and stop the run, especially after last game, and just proud of the guys to just continue to stay after it, you know, keep moving forward and you know those two fourteen play drives.
Speaker 12: In the in the first first half. We're critical and kind of set the temple right away with how we wanted to play this game. It's proud of you guys take an offensive line.
Speaker 8: To have those kinds of drives to a ten moving guys in that for ways.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's a that's alignment's dream right there, being efficient moving ball forward and having those long drives because we want them to get as tired as possible, you know when it gets to that third and fourth quarter, but we can really start running ball. So just proudly the guys. Could you feel in getting tired, No, I didn't. You know, they're great, They're great. You know, they got great players. I think anytime you you run the ball that effectively, you know it's gonna work. Yeah, we got the best you know, we got the best job in the world, you know, blocking for Lamar and Derrick Henrys. So just proud of these guys, proud of the team, proud of what we're able to accomplish today. But you know we got we got a little time to enjoy this and you work past them next week. I'm excited to see who's playing.
Speaker 13: Your guys.
Speaker 21: Rushing yards total today, I think it's either seventh or eighth most in a playoff game in NFL history for any team.
Speaker 12: And when you hear something like that, what does.
Speaker 8: That mean to you? Guys?
Speaker 12: Yes, it's you know, just proud of the guys to do it against a team like that.
Speaker 8: You know, just just speaks volumes.
Speaker 12: And you know how we're prepared this week, how the coach prepared, how you know, how we took on the check, should be able to you know, run the ball because we know they were trying to stop the run. So just just overall proud of the guys, and you know, moving on to next week.
Speaker 21: And in terms of the emotions right now, how much of it is, yes we won, we want a game in the playoffs, and how much of it.
Speaker 12: Is this isn't the ultimate goaling? Yeah, I mean, shoot, you gotta take one one game out of time. You want to know, We want to know, and we've got next week we gotta go want to know again. So just gotta keep moving forward, and you know, we gotta prepare butts off this week for whoever we're playing. We know it's gonna be a good team. But it's a good start. Take us into a thirteen play drive where you go to the huddle each time and you're running it every time down to kind of that feel like for an one. Yeah, just kind of set the tempo right away. You know what what kind of game we want it to be. You know, credit to the backs, you know, credit to the rest of bill Lion tight ends and receivers for balking. You know, it takes everyone to have a especially have a have a rushing day like this. It's it's not just one or two single.
Speaker 8: People.
Speaker 12: It's it's it's a whole unit.
Speaker 15: What's said in the huddle during a thirteen straight run dry just.
Speaker 12: Keep yeah, just keep moving ball forward. Men keep wearing them down. And I mean the fore tired they're they're even more tired.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 8: So that was kind of our mentality.
Speaker 1: That's a picture of this offense. But going into this game was running as much part of the game players. It kind of what they gave you, what was working.
Speaker 12: Shoot, you know, just I think you know, whenever we come in the game, if we can run the ball like that, you know, that's our we want that to be a kind of our game plan. But you know, whatever the defense gives us. You know, they certainly try to stop the run, and you know stopped us. Had a few you know drives weak you know, couldn't convert. But at the end of the day, you know, just proud of the guys, proud of what we're.
Speaker 8: Able to do.
Speaker 12: And I guess a good defense like that, you know, just speaks volumes of everyone in the job that they.
Speaker 8: Did their day.
Speaker 12: How much of it just Derek Henry is just different. I mean, the things he's able to do, you know, and like we said, those long drives, like he wears on people. He's a tough guy to take down, fast, physical running back. And I was just saying, we got the best job in the world blocking for Derek Henry and Lamar Jackson. So it'd be a it'd be a discredit to go out there and not try to block as hard as we can for for guys like that post.
Speaker 17: Game about going ahead into the division around and.
Speaker 12: Not knowing who playing yet. Yeah, I mean, just enjoy this one. But you know, we gotta we got a bigger picture of mine, you know, I want to know each week, you know, we're at that point in the season to where you know, keep moving on, keep winning that.
Speaker 1: Game does just flow of the game you're able to wonder.
Speaker 8: Ye, it's huge.
Speaker 12: Like I said, is credit to everyone doing their jobs, you know, being physical. You know, just proud of the guys that'd be able to do that. And you know, I mean three hundred yards rushing that's hard. That's hard to come by, especially you know with the defense like that.
Speaker 8: So just part of the guys.
Speaker 1: This is kind of a mentality thing, you know, as an offensive line to be able to go up there's your rival, really physical defense to go and we have that gun perform.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's got to be. I mean, they know what we're trying to do. We know we're trying to get done. And we talked all week it's a rock fight, so it's gonna be a physical, physical game and I think we saw that and you know, just just proud of the guys how we responded, how we prepared this week, and how we came out and performed.
Speaker 5: Given what the you know conversation was with you guys and the Steelers losing seven of eight like a month ago and now beating them and winning today, does that kind of make this any sweeter?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean any you know, anytime you get it, and we played them twice it was one one, you know, so this is, you know, the rubber match. So excited, excited to get this win. It's a good it's a good, well coached group, and you know, we're just gonna enjoy this one and then see who we got tomorrow and then start planning for them.
Speaker 8: Would be walking tomorrow. Oh yeah, for sure. Yeah, so excited.
Speaker 1: We also heard from veteran linebacker Rokwan Smith.
Speaker 19: See uh weighs anything compared to what a lot of individuals on this team has been through in their life, not just football. So I think when you just and then at the adversity we faced throughout this season, early on in the season with the crities and different things like that, but at the end of the day, it's all noise and it's about.
Speaker 8: Adversity and pressure.
Speaker 19: Pressure the burst pipes will make diamonds, and like I said, last year went the diamond making business.
Speaker 8: So we're on our way and we just getting started to.
Speaker 22: Take out the Steelers twice, not only for the AFC North knock around for good for the season coming in.
Speaker 8: All we heard about is eight of nine they.
Speaker 19: Had won the court, you guys on this last Yeah, and all that is is top and the game is played for a reason and it's very simple. I think I remember my guy Peeky saying it was I think the last time we played was a hat and T shirt. But I guess he'd get a T shirt he got on and he'll be in cowboy somewhere, but he still might got much love.
Speaker 16: Ray was here and Helloi and Trell sucks in a lot of ways to you just kind of feel like a vintage Raven's performance with what you did offensively on the ground and how aggressive you guys were on defense.
Speaker 19: Absolutely, I feel like a lot of respect for those guys. Seeing Ray out there, man, that turned me up. And then Helloi at the at the corn toss, it was pretty awesome just seeing him, told him much respect, got a lot of respect, which I got to play behind a guy like him, but got a lot of beasts in front of me as well though, And yeah, it was it was pretty sweet, just you know, seeing those guys out there, and that's what it's about in the playoffs, playing tough, stingy defense.
Speaker 8: Obviously they got a couple.
Speaker 19: Of plays with like back and then just being able to run the ball. And when you can do that, you impose your will on another man. And it's just like, hey, I'm doing this, you gotta take it. And that's what it was tough for the third time. They have to show different disguises for a third time.
Speaker 8: It's not that tough.
Speaker 19: At the end of the day, it's very simple. Is they know what we're gonna do. We know what they're gonna do. It's about made the best man win. Mone no mon no, Hey, I'm doing this.
Speaker 8: You stop it. You're doing this, I'm gonna stop it. And that's what it is. It's just that Sai and hey showed that today. How much do you like to see the offense that?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 8: I love to see that. You know.
Speaker 19: I got a lot of respect for d Hen what he's done throughout his career, and then this year, man, I think he's just getting started. And then what Lamar is able to do as well through the air or on the ground like you pick your paws, and so got a lot of respect for those guys. And then the old line those guys leaving leading away. So we're just getting started, man. This is an appetize to what we got on the menu.
Speaker 5: This is the first time I believed in Frinchs's history that the teams had captain Badgers on their jerseys, the first six to ever received that.
Speaker 7: Just what did that mean to you?
Speaker 5: And for your teammates to be the ones that voted for you to be one of those six?
Speaker 8: Yeah, man, that's that's that's an honor, truth be told.
Speaker 19: And like you know, to have your teammate your peers view you as a captain and a guy as a leader and stuff.
Speaker 8: So it's big time. I got a lot of respect for the guys.
Speaker 19: And I'll never sell the guy's shorts and always lay it on the line for those guys despite not just talk but actually go out and do it. And so when you're a guy like that, guys tend to follow and guys get behind you. But that's what it's all about, you know. And there's a lot of other leaders in here as well, despite the six that were named or what to see on their chests, but there's a lot of other really good captains and really good leaders on this team.
Speaker 8: So but I'm grateful for that. And you know, we're just getting started.
Speaker 5: That this is the leadership on this team this year. Is just more unique than make it in seasons pass. But what if you thought about that, what do you think is different or amplified with this team and the leadership that it hasn't walked room?
Speaker 19: Yeah, No, leadership is what it's all about. There's a lot of really good leaders throughout this team. Guys that are willing to lay it down on the line for each other regardless of the circumstances, regardless of the circumstances, and being selfless and and just laying it all on the line regardless of what somebody need. If that takes hey, me doing this on this place to let another guy come free, willing to do that, and guys don't pout or do anything about that. So when you got guys like that man who are very selfless, it's it's very good and it's a great way to build a team.
Speaker 8: And I think we're just getting started.
Speaker 12: Thanks, thank you.
Speaker 1: And lastly, today we heard from running back Justice Hill who had a big touchdown right before the half.
Speaker 8: That's our identity.
Speaker 17: We will always want to established a good run game, and our coaches do a great job dolling up great schemes and it's just ouray job to go out there and run it and so there. Man, he played amazing as he always does, and uh, it was a great team with Can you talk about.
Speaker 12: Those three long drives that really was the difference.
Speaker 8: In the game.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean there was just long drives.
Speaker 17: You know, we was able to chip away and then when they're on the field that long, I mean you kind of get exhausted. And so we were able to wear him down and get the ball and the en zone.
Speaker 8: Touchdown before half.
Speaker 17: I mean, anytime you get some points on the board and in the playoff game, it's big time. So uh, it's definitely nice, especially since we got the ball back after that. I wish we would have came out and to it right after that, but you know, they played to play some good ball in the third quarter.
Speaker 8: But uh, it was just a good win overall.
Speaker 3: And you feel like you were were actually wearing them down.
Speaker 8: Could you feel that?
Speaker 17: Oh yeah, I mean, look, I don't know, I'm not gonna say nothing there, but we just went out there and executed on offense. Ve old line did an amazing job handling all their their fronts and the obviously they got a talented team and so just overall, man, it was a great team.
Speaker 1: Within Uh you fretched out cast. Did you have any sense of all the the marrow was doing back behind?
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 17: I actually wasn't even supposed to get out. I was supposed to just be blocking. But I was like, man, it just take it so long, Like I see all this grass over here. We just slide on over and he was still moving around the pocket and he was able to see me. So yeah, Uh it was just a good play overall. Uh, A good play on him to just being able to see me. So it was just improv Yeah, that was just yeah, that was just improv two seconds left on the clock, so.
Speaker 13: We had to ask you to get back out there.
Speaker 8: And Uh, how did it feel begging out?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 17: Yeah, man, I mean anytime you miss some time and you watching the guys go, man, you kind of miss it. And obviously I just wanted to heal up, make sure I was ready to go when I come out here, and so it was like a little anxious feeling just trying to harry up and hurry up and get back out there on the field and just counting down the days. And so it was just nice to finally go back out there and help the team win.
Speaker 1: What does it say that we need to be able to go out there and put up with kind of performance on the ground, specifically all the rs you guys racked.
Speaker 7: Up on the ground.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 17: I mean that's our identity, that's what we build our team on, that's what our coaches preach. And if you can't run the ball, man, especially here in the playoffs, it's gonna be a tough goal. So we were able to come out establish that and go continue to build on them.
Speaker 8: What's the message now postgame for you guys going into the division round not.
Speaker 17: Knowing who you're playing yet, prepare like we always do. Don't get too too high, don't get too low. It's just ball, and we're just gonna continue to do and prepare like it is. And so whoever we play, we'll be ready for them and we'll get out in there and get another day.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Ravens Press Pass podcast, make sure you hit subscribe. Also head over to the Lounge podcast feed and subscribe there as well. Thanks for listening. We will talk with you again.
Speaker 22: Sep