Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by All State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first. Like you know to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States Savings. Ferry terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: This episode is.
Speaker 3: Brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg. Evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirelle Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheadle, Michael Pania, and Bobby Knavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon prime video.
Speaker 2: I missed you. I missed you super adget I was kind of a jerk to you when I first got here. I apologized, and it's all good. Your mom was very mad at me. She was like, you really hurt demands this feeling. I was like, he knows that I didn't. I was rational.
Speaker 4: People story, you know, I apologize. No, it's farm, it's farm. I definitely.
Speaker 5: I mean you did, like in fairness, you did say something about it a couple of times.
Speaker 2: It's all but I mean, but it was also like ninety seconds, pay what. I apologize for that. It was good to see you. I really missed you. Damn it. My hair is a disaster.
Speaker 4: We're just gonna roll with it, kind of like a John Wick thing going on this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know I got it. I gotta get it together. But I almost got my hair cut in Italy, that style that I showed you, I almost got it cut. But because it's like an Italian hair style.
Speaker 5: Can I ask the question, Yeah, how many drinks have you had had when you were thinking about it?
Speaker 2: Oh? I was stone sober. I wasn't stone sober and most of the trip, but in that moment, I was in your mom and I walked down to the guy. But then she didn't trust it. Yeah, it was like she was like, no, you gotta have a black guy cut your hair. I'm like, this is an Italian hairstyle.
Speaker 4: You have to see. I've actually got a funny story about that.
Speaker 5: But you've got to see who gets out of the chair, Like, I feel like you have to watch him cut somebody's hair.
Speaker 4: And you've got a haircut since our last This was not intentional.
Speaker 2: Well, the haircut was intentional. The length of the haircut was not intention of course. Yeah got the hair. It didn't accidentally do like I thought I was an applebee? What are you doing? All right? Welcome in another episode What's Right? Nick Right? The podcast and YouTube show. One special announcement. This is going to be the only place you can get me audio video for at least the rest of this week. I don't know if I'm suposed to say this or not, maybe slightly longer. Now. The internet rumors of the demise of First Things First, not only are they greatly exaggerated, they're flatly wrong. However, we do have an important I can't call announcement, but an important thing that is happening with first things first, it might have to do with where the show is shot from without revealing too much, and because of that, we're going to be off the air temporarily as all those things get going. So if you're watching this, if you're listening to this for at least the rest of this week, maybe a tiny bit bleeding in the next week, this is the place to find me. Plus on Twitter of course, but this is really it. I am so excited. What I'm not going to do is what people do when they come off vacation in media, which is start the show's talking about their vacation. I went to Rome. It was amazing. The history is unlike anything I've ever seen. The rest of that check my Instagram stories. All right, now, we will get the show going the way we always do by discussing what we are not discussing on today's show. Here is what did not make the cut for our return show of What's Right with the Game of Thrones return? That has not made the cut for a number of reasons, most notably I have not yet watched it. That is a show I watched with my wife. My wife just a total soldier nine days in Rome, partying almost every night late into the night, flies back to New York and just goes out. She and her best friend Nicole, who is here with us. They're like, Hey, it's Harlem Day. We're going to a concert. I'm like, you're going to a concert. It was unbelievable Shack calling Steph the best in the world. I don't know that. It's not that. I don't know that I agree with that. I definitely disagree with that. It's Jannest But all these like current rankings, all time rankings, the still of Steph behind KD strike me as a little odd. And the Ravens win an incomprehensible twenty second straight preseason game. I believe in that streak. They are seventeen four and one against the spread. You know what they say, good teams win, great teams cover. We will discuss that on the Gambling Show if the Gambling Show gets rolling when the preseason is still going on, which is unlikely, but it is the type of thing we would discuss on the Gambling Show. Demansey, I don't know if you can tell. I am very excited to be back on the air. Yeah. I have so many takes built up inside of me, like like a chamber. That's overflowing. So let's get going. What are we starting with?
Speaker 4: All right, Deshaun Watson's official suspension.
Speaker 2: All right, so we're starting with just a laugher of a topic going on.
Speaker 4: Official suspension is eleven games.
Speaker 5: Yep, he will be fine five million dollars, but he will be back for the final playoff push yep.
Speaker 4: What's your reaction to this final suspension?
Speaker 2: I think that Listen. As I've said before, and I'll say it very quickly, there was no amount of games that was going to feel right. And by that, I mean if he didn't do it, he should get zero games. If he did it, and you're talking about two dozen plus cases of credibly or credible cases of alleged sexual misconduct, One season is not enough. Two seasons feels like now, I don't know, that's like, you know, a game and a half per accuser. So there was never you were never going to be able to thread the needle. But we always knew six was not enough. From a purely cold perspective, what's best for the NFL and best for the Browns, it was that the suspension ind this year because then the storyline ends this year. If they would have suspended him the entire season. Then the entire saga of Deshaun's return his first game with the Browns is now a story in the vacuum of next offseason when people are looking for things to discuss. I found it odd that they did eleven and not twelve, because that now lets him come back for the Texans game, and so there's gonna be a lot of media attention surrounding that because their twelfth game of the season is the Texans game. I, however, do not believe there will be a playoff push for the Browns. I don't what does their record need to be in order for them to be a credible playoff contender seven and four after eleven games. Some people might say six and five. But the the other element of this, and this is to me the more I guess unique opinion is I think the Browns fans and management are going to look back on this trade as such an absolute football disaster, not just to forget pr forget morality, forget all of those things from a football perspective. Deshaun Watson did not play at all last year. He is now not going to play for the first three months of this year. He is an incredibly talented player. With that said, we have seen a team quarterbacked by Deshaun Watson that had deficiencies in other areas Go four and twelve when he was the quarterback for the full season. So what's my point there? Because they're not going to be able to call it restock their team through the draft the way they would otherwise like to because of the trades and what they gave up for him, because of the time off. Because of all of that, and because the quarterbacking in the AFC is now so overwhelming, I ain't the return on investment from a pure football perspective is not going to be what the Browns wanted. And because he wasn't suspended the full year his kind. If he was suspended the full year, his contract would toll, which means basically, would like freeze in time and what should he should be paid in twenty twenty two, he'd be paid in twenty twenty four, so on and so forth. Because he's coming back this year, that doesn't happen. The contract goes on its regular timeline, So in twenty twenty three, twenty twenty four, twenty twenty five, and twenty twenty six, just quickly. Deshaun Watson has either the highest or the second highest cap hit of any player in the sport all four years. So you don't have your first round picks. You have the most expensive quarterback in the sport who right now now might be the fifth best quarterback in his own conference. And people can say that's that's oh Nick, you're under selling him, Mahomes, Alan, Herbert Burrow, Lamar, there's five. Now. You want to argue Lamar over a couple of those guys, you can, But you also could argue all of those guys over Lamar, and that's before. Some people love Russell Wilson. I'm sorry over Lamoar, Over to Shawn. Some people love Russell Wilson. There's other people that could have been included. So I the if I had to guess, I know I'm stepping on what you were. I just looked at it. You were going to ask me what the record was going to be. My apologies. Like I said, I got a lot of.
Speaker 4: Takes build up.
Speaker 2: I'm ready to go. I think that the if you look at the Browns through the first eleven games, what are to me games they're definitely losing. To me, They're definitely losing to the Chargers, to the Ravens, to the Bengals, to the Bills, right to the Bucks. That's five. Those aren't definite losses. Say say in those five games they go one and four, then they the There are other games are Panthers, Jets, Steelers, Patriots, Dolphins. So even if they they're not gonna sweep those with Jacobe at quarterback. So yeah, I mean, I think six and five is the best they can hope for. And I don't think Deshaun is gonna come back after nearly two years off and and just be awesome. There's gonna be some russ there's gonna be all that. So I don't think it will be a playoff push. I think the Browns fans are already upset with this. I think they're gonna get more upset. Okay, we good to move on. Let's move on. Let's do it.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: Social social media lit up after Giants rookie Cavon Thibodeau was Wow.
Speaker 2: Well done, well done. You've really gotten good at that.
Speaker 4: I mean, we're in Houston, Papado, I know the d A, the d e A.
Speaker 2: Uh oh, you're right, but also you've just gotten really good. You also didn't call them Thibodeaux. No, you did a great job.
Speaker 5: Okay, he will go ahead, he says, He's okay, But it looks like a dirty play.
Speaker 2: What do you think of the situation? Yeah, listen, I think that that play. This is one of those I'm gonna use a very tortured metaphor here. Okay, but just follow me for a moment. If you have too much to drink and you drive into a stop sign and the person you were at dinner with had the exact same amount of drinks as you did, the exact same weight, they have the exact same level of intoxication, and they drive into a bus stop with people standing there, your penalties are going to obviously be greatly different, even though your crimes were the same. It's because the result. We are judging the result rather than the action. This, to me is a vintage example of judging the result. And I'm not trying to compare the block to drunk driving, point being that block happens a dozen times again. The re the on that play, and I'm not trying to get to x's and o's nerdy football, but on that play, the tight ends job is to come across seal, that outside linebacker or that pass rusher, that rushing player, and to do that, they often go low. Football is an inherently dangerous game with the league has decided and I know it bothers the players sometimes, but the league is rightfully decided we are going to penalize you for going high. So and the players know we don't want you to come at our you know, basically knee down. But now all of a sudden, the strike zone area is shrinking, and if the if you're gonna get the penalty for going high, you're gonna air on the side of low. Addition, if you watch the play Thibodeau again, I want to get two x's and no's on it doesn't play it great. You see that play happen all the time in football. And what you see is I remember guys used to do this to JJ Wat all the time. And what Watt was unbelievable at was keeping his hips parallel. Correct what you're and put his hands down, keep it, get his hands there, keep his hip parallel to the sideline, have his hands ready, and when the guy comes, he almost would propel off the guy around him. Thibodeau at the last second turns the other way, turns to where instead of facing the sideline, he's facing the end line and the guy and the guy by the way seemed to be aiming at his hip and it slid down and hit him in the knee. So I did not think it was a dirty play. I think it was an unfortunate play, an inherently violent game. I also think this play and the reaction to this play is further evidence that social media is making everyone lose their minds, and it is of all the concerns I have for the few. Again, this going to seem hyperbolic, I don't mean it too for the future of civilized society and our ability to communicate, discuss, and interact with each other. The reaction to this is another check in the column of we might be screwed because nobody wants to operate in anywhere in the gray. It was the my colleague emmanuelaccho Is, I think the I don't know if he was the first one who tweeted out, but his tweet seems we will let's get the most attention. Called it not only a dirty play, but a cowardly play. You then had people lining up either saying, yep, the guy who threw that block is a dirty player, guys trying to make a football team. And then on the other hand, you had guys lining up on the other side saying, it's not even gray area. It is as clean. It's the only way to play that when the answer probably is yeah, I deally he goes six inches higher, and ideally Thibodeau plays it a little smarter and ideally nobody gets banged up there. But people are just so adamant. And the other thing is and this is not my original opinion, but it's one I espouse a lot because I heard it seven years ago and it struck me as so smart about one of the issues that we have in this country politically now. But it's now spilled over and everything, which is people get tied to opinions the way talk show hosts used to so in the past, before you everyone had their own audience, you could think and believe something, get new information and change your opinion, and the only people who knew you changed your opinion were your closest friends and family.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: But now that everyone has an audience, everyone gets tied to a take and they feel like they have to defend that take even when new evidence comes around. And so if you saw Acho's tweet and you're like, listen, I didn't play football. I don't know he played football. He says this is dirty. So you fire off a tweet that guy should be suspended for the year. It's a dirty player. I'd cut him. And then you see seven other former football players say, hey, I did play like Ajo played. I disagree with him. In a normal world, you may be like, oh, I was basing my opinion on someone else's opinion because of their experience. Now there's more people with other experience. Give me theirs I can come to. But now you're tied to it. Nobody wants to admit they're wrong. So now they're like, Nope, you're wrong. Jeff Schwartz, you're wrong, Mark Schlereth, you guys, And so it just becomes up. People need to be more like science. Yeah, there you go, that's a good line. I agree, evolve with new evidence. And the other thing is this, folks. As we've learned from the Draymond Green media experience, not everyone is prepared to deal with the take backlash and to learn the way I have learned over almost twenty years of doing this, how to wiggle out of your worst opinions, how to find a way a little sleight of hand and be like, oh look over here, and you're now you're free and clear. So instead they're just arguing and cursing and yelling. All right, what's next?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Next? Is Tom Brady?
Speaker 5: Oh you miss some training camp, dude, there's a lot of training camp issues.
Speaker 2: He left training camp before I left for Rome, and he got back today, which is we're recording on Monday. He missed a lot of training. Hey man, he's freaking Tom Brady. Okay, go ahead, training camp.
Speaker 5: Yeah, however you returned to practice practice Monday morning.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: Some people think.
Speaker 5: That he missed all of this so he could go on audition for the Massinger. Okay, whatever, that is his off.
Speaker 2: Okay, by the way, that might be Fox's highest rated television shows.
Speaker 5: No, I kind of I know it. It was like, honestly, a part of my persona.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, you know what. You're right about that, and it is it is a part of the demand's a brain. I don't watch the Masked Singer. What are you talking about? But great show America should watch it. Go ahead.
Speaker 5: His offensive line has become very injured over the postseason. With all this weird news, are you still fading the Bucks?
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, I'm still fading the Bucks first of all. Second of all, let me talk about the Brady thing for a moment. Okay. Everyone's gonna ask for Nick to crush Tom Brady. They expect me to crush Tom. There is one athlete in the world who has earned the level of deference due to longevity and excellence that Bradys wonder. Check your Bengo card. It's Lebron. Okay. If I am being honest, if Lebron was mysteriously gone from training camp for ten days, would I say bad teammate not doing it, or would I say, guys, he's been in the league twenty years. If he needs Simon needs time, I'd say the latter, not the former. So if I would cut Lebron the slack, I'm gonna cut Brady the slack. Okay. That's first of all. With that said, this is me giving myself an out on that opinion. If I decide I want to crush Tom Brady and okay, okay, if he did this to go on the masked Singer, I take everything I just said back, you can't do if you did this because hey, I told my wife I was retiring. Retiring, she scheduled a family vacation. Okay. I then told her I was coming back, and part of the negotiation was all still go, and she was like, it's the middle of training camp, baby, I'm telling you I'll still go. We'll work it out. Then I'm fine with that. Right then, It's not that to me is there are a lot of reasons if it is to go on the mass singer. Even if you might be like, if he's gonna miss time, what does it matter what he's doing. I just think it's such a bad look for the team and for makeing. It's if Lebron use the same example mistraining camp, but then we found it was because he was on Dancing with the Stars. I think people be like, dude, what are you doing now? To the actual bucks. Yeah, I think they're screwed. I think they are screwed now screwed.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, I feel like that's huge.
Speaker 2: I think will listen, We'll see if he can have a resurgence. The last you know, his last year in Atlanta was mediocre, last season in Tennessee was bad. We'll see how healthy is. But the listen, they're in such a bad division that they'll still be a playoff team. I would expect that. But the one place that Brady is most vulnerable his whole career is not if you can get pressure from the edge, because he's so smart and can get the ball out so fast, even the best edge guys usually can't get to him in time. It's if you can get pressure up the middle. I'm not breaking news here. Both guards of both his starting guards left the team this afice his starting center. Who was the guy? And that's our clock. But there's gonna be a long show because I have all these extra takes built up in me and I wasn't on TV today. His starting center, who was the guy? If you remember when Brady unretired, he called and he got the contract extension. Ryan Jensen Jenten out for the year this weekend, one of the guards they brought in or that was going to replace one of the starting guards Stinny. He's now out for the year, so sat and it is at the worst spot on the team. The Ryan Jensen injury, I said it when it happened. Aside from Brady, I think it's the single worst injury Tampa could have suffered a bigger deal than even Mike Evans getting hurt because Brady can work with other receivers that you lose arguably the best center in football. So I think that's a big problem. I do think Brady flirting with retirement, flirting with other teams now missing training camp. While I'm not going to crush him for it, is an indication that he maybe isn't as one hundred percent dialed in as he has been in the past, which is understandable. Guy's gonna be forty five years old. All of those are reasons to fade the Bucks now. I want to pull up their schedule real quick. Is that a reason that I think they're not gonna win the Division? Of course not because I don't believe in the Saints. The Panthers are the Panthers, and the Falcons might be the worst team in football. But could the Bucks start off one in three? Put this as a promo for the gambling show, make this prop bet. I would if you set the over under on the Bucks wins after four weeks at one and a half, I would bet the under. If you set the over under on Bucks wins after four weeks at two where I get a push if they go to and two and I will lose at three and one or four and zero, I would hammer the under. Week one, they're at Dallas. Week two they're at New Orleans. Again. I don't love New Orleans, but New Orleans is the one team in football who's beat Brady up throughout the last He's one and three against them in the regular season. Since you went to Tampa Week three home for the Packers, Week four home for the Chiefs, it then gets incredibly soft after that, with the exception of a two week stretch for the the Ravens and the Rams. So I don't think they're gonna I think they'll make the playoffs. I don't think they're gonna have any chance of a one seed, and I don't think they're gonna have any type of playoff success. But because of that division, I still believe in them that they're gonna have a successful year. All Right, what's next? So I'll bet the under one and three. I got it, Yeah, you got it a gambling expert. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So of course Lebron's extension made it to the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, still talking about it. Go ahead.
Speaker 5: Ron and the Lakers have agreed on a new contract. The two year extension includes a twenty twenty four or twenty twenty five season player option. Yeah, that of course is when Bronni could potentially be in the league.
Speaker 2: You said he shouldn't do a deal early. Yep.
Speaker 5: Do you think he resigned just to solidify the player option in two in the twenty twenty four to twenty five seasons.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think you would have resigned without it. But I don't think because he would have had the ultimate player option a year from now, which is free agency, and he could have then just signed a one year deal anywhere. I was shocked by this news. To be clear, I made it very clear that I thought there was no upside to Lebron resigning. The only upside is, oh, if he suffers a career ending injury. That way he gets the ninety seven million. And with respect to ninety seven million dollars, that's not moving the needle for Lebron. I know he is trying to buy a team, so every dollar matter is because you need billions, and he's at a little over a billion plus. But still the financial security I do not believe was the reason he did it, I believe, And the other part of it was I thought there was a chance, even if you want to stay with the Lake, he would do it for less the reason.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 5: What were you going to say, no, no, no, I think because you were saying that he didn't do it for the money. I think I thought you were going to go on to say that he did it because Kyrie Irving is going to the Lakers.
Speaker 2: Well, you're almost right. I believe that the discussions were between Rich Rich, Paul, Rob Blink and Lebron were this, guys, what are we going to do to make this team better? All the media reports are you won't trade those future draft picks to bring in Kyrie, or if Kyrie ends up not being available, I think he will be do something something else. And I think what Rob Blinka said is, well, we can't trade our entire future if we think Lebron might leave in eight months, that would be poor management. If you guys commit to us that we have at a minimum, instead of one more year of Lebron, a minimum of two more year years of Lebron, because that's all this guarantees because of the player option, then we will commit to you if the right trades available, the twenty seven and the twenty nine first round picks are on the board. Does that make sense because that's the only reason I could I could come up with as to why Lebron would agree to this is that they told him, if you agree to this, then we will go all in on year twenty for you, which I don't think Lakers will win the title, and as presidently concer, they can't win the title. But if in Lebron's twentieth season, he not only passes Kaream up Little Jabbar in all time scoring, which is going to happen midway through this year, but does it while playing at an all NBA level, which he obviously did last year, and somehow the team were to win the title, and it's the title that breaks the tide with the Celtics for most titles in franchise history. If that all were to happen, then the goat debate becomes afterthought. Then it becomes can you believe people were still arguing about so? But they can't. They do not have enough to win the title this year unless they add a true difference maker, which they're not going to be able to do without getting rid of one or maybe both those future picks. All right, that's a big media block. We might haven't even longer b block. This might be the longest show we've ever done. But that's fine. I'm excited to be back. Take quick break, come back. I said I wouldn't even talk about the vacation, and I'm not. But what I guess I am briefly here. What I am gonna say is anybody that is interested in history, I cannot imagine. Now. I've never been to Greece and I haven't been to Egypt, so those would be the only and I guess, you know what, also parts of China. I guess those would be the mount Rushmore of historical places to visit, along with Rome. But the youngest buildings in world are one hundred and fifty years. The oldest are more than two thousand. And the scale of what these people were doing two thousand years ago. Everyone talked about the costume and the costumes unbelievable. The pantheon. I cannot put into words how jaw dropping it is. And the other thing that I did, Nicole, you know, your mom's best friend who was with us, pointed this out and it was my mom I think also mentioned it. The part that's impossible to conceptualize is how many goddamn sculptors lived in one place, because every every building the front of it has these perfectly done marble sculptures, and it's like, how how many? How many of these people had this talent? It is. It is as as remarkable a place as I've ever been to in my life. I also say this quickly, uh, and I'm Italian and I hate say it. The food was unbelievable. I thought the food in Barcelona was better. Okay, I thought Barcelona was the best food city I've ever been to. Rome is a close second, but history wise, nothing comes close. All right, are you ready to go? I'm ready to go. All right, what are we we're starting? What are we starting with? Here? We're gonna start.
Speaker 4: We talked a little bit about this yesterday. So I took an uber.
Speaker 2: Oh good, I'm glad. This would be a good little ramp before you get back to the sports. Go ahead.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you displayed some distaste for that, not for you taking the uber? No, No, of course, no, no nothing, okay, sorry, let me go into the So I took a uber yesterday, and for the first time I noticed that they had like an option on there, or that I could pick if I wanted to have a conversation, I could change the temperature and everything. Yeah, but the one that stood out was picking either to have a conversation or that have there be no talking. Yeah, and I I had never noticed that until yesterday. You said it's been there for a while, but it seemed like you sort of had a problem.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, you hadn't noticed it until yesterday because I think you were accidentally taking expensive ubers, and you because I don't think it's an Because here's why this is so outrageous for a number of reasons. Let me make sure I'm right about this. For first of all, I do not believe it to be an option on Uber x so the cheapest Uber. If I were to get an Uber right now, I'm not going to actually get it, but I but I do that. Yeah, it's not an option. But if you do, like Uber black Suv, oh, it is an option. Okay, at least on my phone. Wow. So, first of all, it's saying if you're you know, paying extra will give you some perks. Choosing the temperature seems totally reasonable right, especially by the way, if you are paying extra. If you're paying extra, you're like, you know what, paying a lot of money for this ride. I would like it to be right like a private driver. If I'm going to pay a price of a private drive, I'd like it to be where the car is, the exact temperature I would like. And it also asks you do you have bags you need help with? So the driver knows to get out?
Speaker 6: You know what?
Speaker 2: Fine, you want to pay for that, no problem. The fact that there is an option that the driver sees on am I allowed to speak to this person is such an indictment on our inability as humans to interact with each other. By the way, I am not saying you have an obligation to talk to people. The take is not you must talk to your Uber drivers at all the time. Maybe you have a business call to make, maybe you just got terrible family news, Maybe you're just exhausted. Maybe you're the way I was when I would be in studio for first things first and some time i'd take the train sometimes take an uber back and I had just talked for three straight hours, and the last thing I want to do is have a conversation there, it is reasonable to be like, I don't want to talk right now, but it doesn't need to be clicked through on an app. Have a moment with another human being. Hey, thanks for the ride, no problem. Guys start chatting, respond to him and sir, I'm not trying to be rude. I've got a phone call to make. Sir, I'm not trying to be rude. I'm exhausted, and then that's it. But to have it be a button so I theoretically the point is I won't even have to look this guy in the eye. I'll never have to speak to him. It's so, it is, and it further tries to draw the line in the gig economy amongst people who use the gig economy and people who service the gig economy. It's the same I understood on the door dash and seamless stuff.
Speaker 4: The no contact delivery.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if it was a health issue, But now people who are going to nightclubs maskless or doing it so they don't have to talk, so they don't have to interact with another human being. It's it is again. Our society is framed and it's hanging by a few threads of social norms and politeness, and we are just hacking away at those because you want to click a stupid button. So your Uber driver doesn't say so you live in New York, are you're visiting? Like, oh, I can't have that interaction, like, don't subject me to having to speak with another human being. It's dark, right, it's dark. It's outrageous. I hate that they added it. I think it's an indictment on everyone and anyone who uses that feature. I judge you again, I do not judge you. Tell your Uber driver. Matt uses it right now. Matt uses it. Our producer, Matt uses it. Matt's a bad six weeks from being an Uber driver. He uses it all right, oh himself and say, no chance, I got real. I got real frisky there when I say it's bad, six weeks away from that being his only job. My apologies, Matt. I was so shocked that you would use that.
Speaker 5: Feet if he were to have used it, he would. He told me the exact situation that he would have used it in. Yeah, and I definitely I understood.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna go ahead and say there's one person on our show that I think uses it. Gabe of course, lives in a palace by the has a gorgeous you know wife who I think look at him? You know, I said, I don't want to look at your house.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 2: You guys look at Gabe's background. They look at those paintings, look at the architecture, even the recess life. I mean, look at this. I mean this is that. Again. I didn't say Gabe would do it. I just said I use beautiful wife. Beautiful wife. Hello, uh the And I don't want to say by the way, we're off the rails and we'll get back to the sports quickly, or we'll quickly back to the sports. Funny story about when I met Gabe. Gabe and I worked together for like a year. And I'm not going to say Gabe's wife's name because it's not the public's business. But it's a it's a it's a name that could be a guy's or a girl's name, and it's I would say, it's more typically a guy's name, at least when I hear it that, I think of that. And Gabe mentioned her and I'd known him for like a year, and I'm like, man, I had no idea Gabe was gay. I was like this is like I was like, not that I didn't even care one way or the other, but usually you have like shot someone for a while, you get a feeling about it, and I and then I thought that for like another six months, and then I met her and I'm like, oh, it makes a little more sense. Now it's like, oh, okay, no. But so again, the point that I was making is I don't think anyone on this show would do it. But if I was having a draft and it was one person on the show, we have confirmation clicked the don't look me in the eyes petty uber driver. Yeah, definitely, it's not gonna be Nick. It's not gonna be Matt, it's not gonna be Victor. It's not gonna be on our amazing intern not intern. I apologize an amazing producer Kara who last night, uh found your screw win through podcast. Yeah, in the middle of Sunday night, working extra hours, Dave Gabe's drinking Sharton ad by the beach. All right, let's all right, let's get to the actual show.
Speaker 4: Sorry about that, Go ahead, all right, So back to the sports.
Speaker 5: Uh huh, you interrupted your vacation to make a tweet about Katie and Kyrie, you said, well, you think that the NBA twenty twenty two is Christmas schedule means that they will no longer.
Speaker 2: Be in Brooklyn.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: The last The latest rumor is that the Jalen Brown package is still the best offer on the table.
Speaker 2: Can you believe there's also a rumor now that the Grizzlies might be involved? There was a Ladies from very early this morning. Sham said that the Grizzlies might be involved, trying to include their picks. But go ahead, yep, picks.
Speaker 5: Can you believe you're still talking about Katie after his whole checkmate move.
Speaker 2: Oh no, of course I'm gonna keep talking about this because I think it's about the Nets. Sorry, Katie, No, listen, this is going to drag on. But Katie is going to get what he wants. He is going to get traded. There is no question in my mind that he is going to get traded. And there are three teams that from the very beginning, I said, and this is one of the things that frustrates me about sports media, will be totally candid. I ain't there are I ain't that some of the best sports media is barber shop talk. Right, The type of debate you have of the barber shop. But the distinguishing factor is supposed to be that those of us with a platform, okay, have a responsibility to be informed on what isn't isn't realistic. So the barbershop talk like all time greatest hypothetical things, whatever it is. When it comes to could Team X trade for player, why there is a level of I would not to be too extreme responsibility to actually tell the audience, well, here's what isn't is impossible. And there were three teams from the first day Katie demanded a trade that I said could check every box of what the Nets want back, and I'd be shocked if they don't get involved. Those three teams were the New Orleans Pelicans who were involved, the Boston Celtics, who are heavily involved, and the Memphis Grizzlies. And nobody was talking about the Pelicans. Now they are and now Shamsay and the Grizzlies are involved, because those were the three teams that could include a young All Star Ish player. Jaron Jackson, Jalen Brown, Brandon Ingram had their own picks and extra picks to include in the deal, and their young player was making enough money that you could make the salaries work. It's what the Miami trade never was going to be able to work because Bam couldn't be a part of the Sun's trade. Was the only chance that I was with eighton was what they wanted. Once he resigned, it was gone. The Warriors trade to me, financially and players wise, you could make that work. But it would just have been shocking if Katie would have signed up for them. So those to me, if I were those three teams, those are the I would be making calls to the nets, and by were the nets, I'd be like, these are the three teams that we should be keyed in on more than anything. And so yeah, I listen. I think that eventually this trade happens. I think it probably is to Boston. I made it very clear that I think the Pelicans are the right move. The problem for the Grizzlies, and I said it was Jaron Jackson Junior just had knee surgery, So how much does that hurt his value? Okay, we've got a lot more do this second, so let's just keep rolling, go ahead a.
Speaker 5: Lot more, and it's time for I think we've played this game one time maybe likely, maybe or what.
Speaker 2: It Okay, So Demandy's gonna lay out of a situation, and then I'm going to tell you it's likely this, it might be that, or what if it's this? All right, go ahead.
Speaker 5: UFC president Dana White claimed he was close to brokering a deal for the Raiders for Tom Brady and Gronk to go there before they signed with the Bucks. Gronk said it really did happen, but Joe Grudens John Gruden mixed the deal. Apparently Brady was already looking at houses in Vegas with BT. Do you think Brady was actually going to Vegas?
Speaker 2: Oh, I think it's likely. This is totally true. I think that it also then poor Derek Carr. But you remember Brady went on the shop and I don't know if it was Maverick or lebron some one of them asked him about it might have been pr and he said that there was a team out there that I thought was interesting me and then said they wanted to stick with their quarterback. And I said, you're gonna choose that mother over me?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 2: And that, and I don't think he was saying.
Speaker 4: A and B.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, connect the dots right, And I don't think he was saying it. The tone in my voice was probably a little misleading. I don't think he was saying it like that guy is a bad guy. He was saying it like I'm Tom Brady and he's not newly the player. I am right. It doesn't shock me at all that John Gruden would not want anyone on his team that is a bigger celebrity than him. Let's not get it twisted about why John Gruden didn't do this. It was not because he thought Derek Carr was better than Tom Brady. It was because the Raiders' success was going to have to be because of the brilliance of John Gruden. And it the he would cut off his nose to spite his face in that regard, like that's who he is. And so it doesn't shock me at all that he nixed it. And it what is a little interesting is it shows Brady was interested in coming to Mahomes's division. That is an interesting element of it that I know. But I think when he went to Tampa, a lot of us myself include, were like, well, yeah, they have this roster and these things a good coach. But it also is such a soft division. Carolina was a mess, Atlanta was trending down, and everyone knew that Drew Brees was going to retire very soon. So it's like, oh, you go from the AFC East, which is always easy, to this place, and you're going to be able to run. But we now know that he was thinking about Miami, which stays in the AFC East, go against New England, wanting to go to the Raiders, and I think that was a that would be the ultimate like all time goat checkmate, right, because keep in mind he hadn't, yes, he had beaten Mahomes in that playoff game with New England. However, the previous year, Mahomes had won the Super Bowl. Right, the playoff game against New England with the Chiefs went to overtime, Mahomes played great. He hadn't beaten Mahomes in a Super Bowl yet that was which was his new ultimate check thing. That the Bucks chief Super Bowl that year's first year in Tampa. It would have been an ultimate Oh, I'm going to the division of the guy that a lot on the media saying one day could be the goat, and I'm going to just start winning it. So I find the whole thing interesting. I'm not surprised that Gruden Nix did all right, what's next?
Speaker 4: Okay, go ahead?
Speaker 2: Oh wait, I didn't do it. Sorry, I didn't do the segment. I didn't do it right. So it's likely that this is exactly true. But maybe that Dana White is overstating his own importance in this, which is something Dana White is on brand for him. But what if Brady had gone there? Then you know what doesn't happen? If the Chiefs and the Raiders play in the playoffs, the Chiefs offensive line is not as banged up as it was in the Super Bowl. Mahomes kicks his ass, Mahomes wins back to back, and Brady and all of a sudden, like whoa that go? Well, Mahomes on his tail are retired? Yeah, who knows?
Speaker 4: And that's what if?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go. Sorry, I forgot how this segment worked. All right, what's next?
Speaker 5: Packer's head coach Matt Lafleur yep uh said quarterback Jordan Love is light years ahead of where he was last year. This undoubtedly offended Aaron Rodgers. He does tend to get a little sensitive. What was Matt Laflour Lafleur. Well, this, that one's weird. Matt mcflir, Matt Matt mufflir, laffloor floor.
Speaker 2: The reason it's weird is because you're adding, you're right, what was Matt Lafleur going for? There you go? There we go? Uh? First, he was going for his guys. You know I've been the coach of this team. We win thirteen games every year? Can people pronounce my name? Right? That's what he's going for, all right, It's likely he is simply trying to build up a bit of trade value for Jordan Love. It is likely that he simply wants Jordan Love to have some type of trade value if somebody's quarterback goes down, so they can recoup that pick. Because Love, with Rogers signing this new extension, Love's rookie contracts are gonna expire before he ever sees the field. Okay, so that's what's likely. But maybe, but maybe Jordan Love actually is light years ahead of where he was now. I think he threw I was in Rome, but I think he threw three picks in one of these preseason.
Speaker 4: Games, light years ahead of Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 2: No, light years of where he was last year, not where I don't.
Speaker 4: Really understand why.
Speaker 2: Aaron Rodgers. Okay, but what if I agree with you there by the way, But what if this is not actually anything more than what a coach would normally do to try to build up his players. And because of Aaron Rodgers' own history here, we are reading too much into the impact it would have. With that said I you know, in years past, I would have thought, yeah, this might piss off Aaron. But Aaron, not the new Ayahuasca. I'm here for love. Aaron. Aaron has really convinced me that that that he's experimenting with hallucinogens has changed the way he looks at the world. I believe that I have heard it from him. Why are you laughing at me? No?
Speaker 4: Man, it's just you know what I mean, you're just saying that. I feel like you're just saying the guys he's high.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's high right now. But okay, let's just do this quickly here. Once upon a time you oh jesus, no, just wait a moment. Don't get mad at me here, you don't get mad at me here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, exactly what you're about to start talking about ahead we're doing it quickly.
Speaker 2: We'll do it quickly once upon a time demands with some friends in a safe, controlled environment what I would call micro doos some not ayahuasca, but similar. This isn't the schlitterbond thing you were talking about noone else. And I saw you the next day and you were a more call it, open and loving person than I had seen you in a very long time. And it clearly that experience had opened your eyes in your heart to something. And since then I watched a whole show called Seven Perfect Strangers about micro dosing psilocybin, and now that show's about like seeing dead people kind of. But there is some science behind these types of drugs activating part of your brain that then has lasting effects long after you're high. That's all I'm saying. I wasn't trying to put your business out in the street. I'm just saying I had some first hand experience with it, plus research about it, plus the contemporary pop culture anou love it, plus Aaron Rodgers. I do think. So I guess the what if? What if we all should go to Peru and take ayahuasca? That's the what if? All right?
Speaker 5: What's the next after a very eventful offseason. Zach Wilson got hurt in the first game of the preseason. Yeah, after a bad rookie season, He's already gonna miss time in his second season. What does the future hold for Zach Wilson on and off the field?
Speaker 2: All right? Before I answered, can we get Gabe back on the show? Or did he leave because I insulted him so much? If Gabe's back on the show, I would love to get Gabe our you know, resident Jets fan, his take on this, because I have a I want to see where you're at, Gabe on Zach first, you know, if I may, what was your optimism Zach Wilson before this preseason started, and what was your reaction to the injury?
Speaker 6: You said that Matt has about six bad weeks before uber is his only option, and I would have said Zach's number was about three. So I've never been believed. I'm still not a believer.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, So this is my concern. I had real questions about Zach Wilson coming out of college. I also, and this isn't exactly how probabilities work, but in my head they kind of do. I look at last year's draft class. I'm like, Okay, I believe Trevor Lawrence is going to be a star. He hasn't shown it yet, but I believe in that Trey Lance, we haven't seen anything yet. I think he's going to be good. Mac Jones at the very least is going to be competent. Right, There is no There's never been a draft class in history where all of the first round picks when you have that many of them hit and there's always at least one when there's three plus first round quarterbacks, huge bust. Right like with the year that Lamar went thirty two and Baker went one, and Josh Allen went sixth or seventh. Josh Rosen's mixed in there, and Mark Sanchez, not Mark Sanchez, the other Jets quarterback, the Sam pardon me, Sam Donald's mixed in there. Justin Fields has his work cut out for him. But Zach Wilson was the one that I was most confident this isn't gonna work, partially and partially because I didn't believe in Zach, and partially because some guys just go to the wrong team and their snake bit and it's just bad luck. Starting the rookie is second year off with a significant injury where he's going to miss time is the most devastating possible outcome for Jets fans. So it's likely that the Jets are again in the quarterback market two years from now that this year they're like, Ay, he started off hurt and whatever, and he had some flashes, and next year they give him one more shot and they're done with him. Similar with Donald's. Okay, that's likely. But maybe he escaped injury and significant injury and because he had some moments last year, he puts it together and has a promising season. I think that's incredibly unlikely. But what if Zach Wilson, I do not believe this is gonna happen, takes the embarrassment of this summer with the thing involving cougar's and his mom's friend and all of that, and then the injury and uses it all to have the most improbable great season we've seen from a young quarterback in a decade. That's not gonna happen. I'm sorry, Jets fans, it's gonna be a long another decade.
Speaker 4: Okay, next, leave it leave that an open take.
Speaker 2: Yeah you chet.
Speaker 5: Holmgren appeared to injure his ankle after attempting to defend Lebron on a layup. Yeah, this is the guy who's supposed to be a generational defensive prospect.
Speaker 2: Is this a big deal? Okay, it's it's not. It's likely that this is just bad luck. Okay, it's And I know everyone expects me to crush chat here. It's likely this is at a gym with a slippery floor because they ended up canceling the game midway through. Lebron is two hundred and seventy five pounds. It's not like the thing is this, It's like, Oh, if Lebron does that to him, think of think of what. There's not a lot of other guys in the league that they are going to do that. It's likely there's just bad luck. But maybe it is absolutely a sign of what I am concerned about, which is the guy's biggest strength right now. This moment is supposed to be his defense. And yes, he is going to be able to get to block shots from places other guys can't. But when it comes to guys bodying into him, he is going to he is going to cause such little resistance and it is going to have such a little ill effect on their ability to finish as long as they can handle the contact and knock him away. But maybe this is a sign. And but what if.
Speaker 4: What if he gets freaking jecked?
Speaker 2: Okay, well that's not what I was gonna say. I don't know. Sure, let me my take on the chet Homer and body size things very clear. There's two options. Neither's great. One is this guy who was a potential number one pick of the draft, was one of the top high school players in the country, has just chosen not to gain weight. That's an indictment on work ethic. Everyone says that's not true. The other option is he really wants to gain weight, he knows it's his biggest weakness, maybe only weakness, and can't do it. That's even more concerning the If you got a kid in school who's getting DS on all his tests and it's because he's playing video games all night, that's one thing. If you have a kid in school who every time you come home is studying and every time you had all his homework done, and he's asking you for help he's getting DS on tests, you got a different type of problem there, and so and so like it's almost the working hard and not succeeding is a problem that what if I was going to say is what if and this is the biggest concern, has to drastically adjust the way he plays in a way he's not comfortable with because he can't sustain the contact because he will get hurt or banged up or Nixon bruises where other guys wouldn't. So he can't play free the way he wants to and instead has to change things. That's the most biggest concern. So, yeah, I don't think this is what I thought was a bigger deal. Was the guy who will never play a minute in the NBA. I don't remember Kenny Lofton something I think was his name, Ken Junior Senior one of them. Yeah, it was some, but he wasn't the kid of the baseball player with the name Kenny Lofton. That guy bodying Jet Lebron does that to a lot of people. But it is a concern, all right, what's last now?
Speaker 5: Lamar Jackson said he is putting a week one a week one deadline on contract negotiations with Baltimore. Apparently, the Ravens have already made a huge offer, at least one and John Harball said the deal will get done when it gets done.
Speaker 4: Why is it taking so long?
Speaker 2: Well, I think much. It's likely that the Deshaun Watson contract is screwed things up for everyone trying to get deals done, similar to how the Rudy Gobert trade has screwed up the NBA trade markets. When Rudy Gobert goes for five first round picks, if you're trading Donovan Mitchell, you want six. If you're trading Kevin Durant, you want seven. Guy is when Deshaun Watson, it's a fully guaranteed deal. Lamar says, uh, I've won so many playoff games, Sshaan Watson. I have a league MVP. I have no off field concern I'm not on a second team. Why would I not get a fully deal. The Ravens understandably don't want to give him a fully guaranteed deal. I love Lamar. I wouldn't want to give fully guaranteed deal. The guy needs to hire an agent, of course, so it's likely that this doesn't get done, and it doesn't get done because he doesn't have someone telling him. Lamar, We've got to do a cost benefit analysis here. Yes, you might be right in principle that if Deshaun got this, you should get more. But they're offering you reportedly more than Kyler got in total money and guarantees. Okay, Is it worth fighting for the principle of this other thing rather than locking in what will be lifetime financial security of one hundred plus million dollars. You haven't made that much money yet. I understanding he's got good endorsements. I think he was the first round picker who was the last pick of the first round. And I don't know how Lamar spends his day to day life. I know this as someone that buys some expensive jewelry. Lamar has spent a lot of money on jewelry, okay, and that if you have one hundred million guaranteed, that's not an issue at all. If you have eight million guaranteed on a five year Let me see what Lamar's rookie contract was, So, Lamar, I'm gonna look it up real quick, apologize for not having in front of me. So Lamar's initial contract with the Ravens was four years, nine million bucks. This year he's going to make twenty three million, okay, So that twenty three million is guaranteed and that that obviously takes care of a lot of the things. But you can go through that. Absolutely, you can go through twenty million as a pro athlete easy. I would be telling him, lock in the one hundred plus million. It's a good franchise. They built it around you do all this. It's likely if he had an agent this would have been done right. But maybe even if he didn't have an agent, he would or even if he had an agent, he'd be saying, no, I want I am the next guy up. I'm better than the other guys who've gotten paid. You're going to pay me that. And where Lamar does have some leverages, they've built the team around his particular skill set so much that if they lose him, they are so screwed, more so than other teams will lose their If you have just a traditional quarterback, you built a traditional team. Who's that guy? You still need a quarterback? But it's different in this. But what if he is able to do what Dak did, which is play out the deal, get franchised or I'm sorry, better example than what Dak did, what Kirk Cousins did, which is get franchise tagged twice and then have never be able to be franchise tagged again, which has allowed Cousins to sign the greatest contracts in the NFL history get for a player of his caliber. So there is a chance if Lamar stays healthy, then he will have played this exactly right and will make more money than anybody ever because he'll always take short, fully guaranteed deals, keep hitting free ency as a quarterback. No one else, no one will be able to franchise tag again. But it is. I'm a gambler, and that's a risk I wouldn't be willing to take. Okay, I told you today's show is going to go long. This is going to be our longest show ever. We have a final block where there's an allegation of theft that must be addressed. We'll do it next. We'll trade all right, welcome back in final segment. What's right? Nick? Right? I'm glad we went along today because allowed us to be recording right. When Baker Mayfield was officially announced the starting quarterback for the Carolina Panthers, this to me is actually not a huge story. There was any Once the Panthers traded for him, he was the starter, and it's not because Baker's some unimpeachably great quarterback. It's because Sam Donald over the last two years has been the single worst quarterback in football. Sam Donald of the last two years is ranked forty fourth or worse amongst starting quarterbacks in every major category. There's only thirty two teams. Okay, so Donald was never going to be the starter. Baker was going to be the starter. So Baker's the starter. I'm glad we got that in there. Now. I want to discuss something because I got a tweet last night and the tweet read let me find it because it was sent to me, and then I sent it to our crew, so I want to give credit. Uh. This is from Zijan Kahn on Twitter at Bill Simmons had a segment on his podcast today playing the defense attorney for Kevin Durant, looking forward to hearing what Nick Wright has saved out that on his next show of What's Right. So I sent that to our group and Kara, who I inaccurately called an intern earlier. I apologize. I don't know why I did it. It's probably it would be totally honest, probably my own latent, you know, need sexism somewhere in my brain. I didn't mean to do that. Care I apologized, Kara did an amazing job, and within a half hour texted the group I found it. Thirty minutes into the episode, he said, it's a new segment. I'm calling defense attorney and lays out the case for another thirty minutes and close out his argument by addressing the jerky. So now we can take the full shot. As you can see, we on this show have been doing something called Nick Wright Public Defender for a couple months now. We have props, bang, the gabble demands, he's wearing a wig, we have a gabbl we have all of it. So the question is do I think Bill Simmons stole this idea? And now, in a meta version of sports media breaking the fifth wall, I am going to play Nick Wright Public Defender defending Bill Simmons, Bill Simmons Defense Attorney. Segment, Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, is a very simple case. This is a case of reputation, history and an incredibly crowded media landscape. Does my client, mister Simmons, acknowledge that it is very clear we have video evidence that the prosecution is shown you that yes, there's another podcast called What's Right with Nick Right that does a segment that is essentially exactly what my client did. Yes, there is, and the prosecution also showed you that my client, Bill Simmons follows Nick Right on social media. And the prosecution also showed you that my client, Bill Simmons has a longstanding, very close relationship with a man named Kevin Wilds, who is one of Nick Wright's co hosts on television, and they have built what appears to be a very compelling, but superficial and totally speculative case that my client, a man who sold a media company for over one hundred million dollars, a man who is universally acknowledged as the first major successful sports podcaster in the world, and a man whose podcast is still the most listened to sports podcast in the world, stole something. As opposed to the far more likely explanation, which is that two smart people had similar ideas and were unaware of what the other person was doing. My client, Bill Simmons, is running a company, running an empire, some would say, And while he testified that he does have affection and holds Nick Wright in high regard, is it fair to say he possibly does not have the What's Right show on his daily podcast listens. Is it possible that, much like we have demonstrated, Nick Wright once upon a time was accused of stealing a catchphrase about the Brooklyn Nets, calling them the Bitcoin of the NBA, an idea and NFT. Nick Wright was accused of stealing that from actually another friend of Bill Simmons, won Dave Jacoby. And what prosecution didn't tell you is Nick and mister Jacoby discussed that after the fact, and mister Jacoby totally took Nick at his word that the exact thing that happened here happened there. Two smart creative people had similar ideas. Now there is a third party that is the connective tissue between Nick allegedly stealing from Jacoby and Bill allegedly stealing from Nick. That person does happen to be Kevin Wilds, who has worked with all parties, his friends with All Parties, produced a television show for Dave Jacoby, is on Bill Simmons podcast, and works with Nick Wright. So is it further possible that in relationships discussions that Kevin Wilde's unintentionally unknowingly seeded ideas or thoughts into the brains of Nick Wright, Dave Jacoby, Bill Simmons just in passing references that similar to the movie Inception, which you know the accuser, Nick Wright has a very you know, maybe asked him after the show media about seeing the inception with his son, a young son, Demonse, and what Nick Write's mental state was at the time. See if you want to believe that he is the most upstanding member of the community, but we don't. We're not here to defame him. We're here to defend or thank you that inceptioned ideas into brains. Or is it possible that it's just hey as fun and funny as the Nick Wright public defender bit is, it's not exactly reinventing the wheel, it's just defending an unpopular take and giving it a name.
Speaker 5: Okay, so there's there's often sense that he missed the public defender segments.
Speaker 2: I would say, it's overwhelming your honor, and we have submitted inde evidence Bill Simmons phone, and you can you can scrape the metadata and what you will see, what you will not see. Pardon me is a subscription to the What's Right Show. We know that hurts nick rights feelings. Who thinks the entire world is subscribed to it. My client, unfortunately, is not. So while the two segments are incredibly similar, there was no theft here. This was just two smart people who had the same idea. Your honor, I rest my case, bang the gabble. I think people are shocked that that was my That's the route I took there. That's what I truly believe. I do know't the Simmons ain't stealing nothing from me. This is and by the way, I couldn't. Now I will, I will after doing a full defensive Bill, I will make him a little angry. I did this morning. Try to listen to it, and I made it. Carras said it was thirty minutes. I got through the first twenty two minutes of it, and I love Bill's podcast. But then in his defensive Kevin Durant, he tried to make a case that Katie going to the Warriors was similar to Lebron going back to the Caves who had just had the number one pick three or four years. So I turned it off. I was like, I can't do with the Lebron slander. Bill. I can't. But I don't think he stole anything from me. All right, Shit, to wrap the show. Should I tell the Inception story or not? Oh? Since I already referenced in a drug use story from you, should I tell it?
Speaker 4: I was about to say it, Hey man, you might as well.
Speaker 2: All right, if people of this podcast over an hour long, if people made it here, they deserve this. What your did Inception come out? I gotta look it up. Twenty No, gotta be or twenty ten. Twenty ten? Okay, So your mom and I are just dating at the time, we're not even engaged. We live in Kansas City. Yeah, and I really want and this was back when I smoked weed and I really wanted to see Inception. So twenty ten, you were eleven years Yeah, eleven years old, and there was a movie theater walking distance from our apartment in Kansas City. So Demanse and I walk to see Inception and we get there and we get there early, buy food, and I'm like, oh, I got to use the bathroom and I went outside. I smoked a little weed because I'm about to see Inceptions. Yeah, I'm there with the base from the movie ends and it's hard to follow if you're an adult. He's eleven and we I'm like, did you like it. He was like, that was I think the worst and me just ripped. I was just slabbering. Me just ripped. I'm like, really, I thought it was unbelievable. And mon say, obviously at the time, had no idea. And then I told you the truth about this a few years ago.
Speaker 5: Man, because I could have stayed at home, dude, Like, I was, no, Man, you gonna go in there and get faded and have me watch this freaking Star trek Ass movie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like, what the hell am I doing here right now?
Speaker 2: Man? That was not my proudest moment. Oh god. I was twenty five. I didn't really know what I was doing. I was trying to make it work. Uh, And I you know, again, I'm not that super proud of it, but it is what it is, and that movie was unbelievable. Was unbelievable. We'll talk to you guys on Thursday.