Speaker 1: You're listening to Comedy Central, from the.
Speaker 2: Most trusted journalists at.
Speaker 3: Comedy Central's America's only sorts for news.
Speaker 4: This is the Daily Joke with.
Speaker 1: Your host's Briny.
Speaker 5: Tlcome with damn show, All right, Chang, we got so much to talk about tonight. Maga throws the party, Donald Trump rules my shopping, and Jordan Klepper frees us his ass off at the inauguration. But you know what, this is day one of the Trump administration, Part two, so let's get into a brand new segment, the second coming of Donald J.
Speaker 6: Trump. I'm Gonna come.
Speaker 5: Yesterday was a momentous day for the country, the ones disgraced president returning to office after four years, ready to enact terrible revenge against his political enemies. But first party time, and what a party it was. Donald Trump got dressed up in a tux to actually fit him for a change, and made his grand entrance in front of a Windows ninety five screensaver. They played YMCA, which is America's new national anthem. I guess while Donald Trump did the presidential jerkoff dance because that's not like a song that has its own extremely famous dance moves.
Speaker 1: Then they brought out a cake with.
Speaker 5: An airplane on it, which is the coolest thing any six year old boy can have.
Speaker 1: And wait, are they giving him an.
Speaker 5: Actual sword to cut the cake? Don't give him a don't give him a sword. Now he's dancing with the sword and it's just a bad idea.
Speaker 1: He really just swung that thing around.
Speaker 5: We were about three inches away from finding out whether Milania is cake.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 5: This was a long night of celebration, and he ended it by thanking everyone who was important to him, starting of course, with the person standing directly in front of him.
Speaker 2: I have a great family, I really do.
Speaker 6: I just look around.
Speaker 1: My son Eric has been so incredible.
Speaker 5: Okay, I thought you were gonna start with Milania, but I'm sure you'll get to her next.
Speaker 2: Then you have whereas May Evoka.
Speaker 7: Have you ever heard of Evaka?
Speaker 1: And Jared?
Speaker 5: Okay, you know what, he's saving the most important person Milania for last. We have different is here someplace and Michael, let's try our great golfer Don and Don and Chloe. Wait, who the fuck is Chloe?
Speaker 1: His wife is standing right there.
Speaker 5: He's just making up new family members and she does not look happy. Okay, I don't know about the Panama Canal, but tonight the Slovenian Canal is closed. Lookay, it wasn't all potting and disrespecting his wife. Okay, he also did some work, like actually a lot of work.
Speaker 1: Yesterday.
Speaker 5: That dude signed over one hundred executive actions. I mean, look at them. He froze the federal hiring bills. Something about genders. Dan he said, Cuba's a state sponsored terrorist. Now he renamed the mountain dishwashers are less efficient. Well, you can do that. Look heah, so many executive actions. They have to like scroll through the tracks like it was an ad for now.
Speaker 1: That's what I call maga.
Speaker 5: And being the show man that he was, Trump wasn't going to sign these behind the desk of a pen and paper like a nerd. Okay, No, he turned this into an arena show at.
Speaker 8: Capitol One Arena in front of a crowd of supporters, Trump putting into motion his Day one actions.
Speaker 5: After President Trump signed the executive orders at a desk that was placed on stage, he had a pile of pins.
Speaker 1: Well, President Trump decided to toss the pins to some of his supporters.
Speaker 5: Wow, whoever caught that pen is so lucky I mean, that is going to be such a cool thing for those guys to show their kids once they get their visitation rights back. And even after, even after he got back to the White House, he just kept signing. I mean, this this guy was so in the zone. He didn't even know what you were signing with.
Speaker 9: Was withdrawing from the World Health organizations?
Speaker 5: Oh oh, he's withdrawing from the World Health Organization like he's hearing the dessert options. No, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll have the terremi, sue and potential measles outbreak with that, you know. I mean, if you could put anything in front of him yesterday, he would have signed it.
Speaker 4: Milania.
Speaker 1: Now it's a chance to opt it, the prenup. Go go, go go. But you know, but you know what, I'm not going to be shitting on President Trump.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, sure he pulled out of the Who who are those guys? What what are the odds that's ever going to be a pandemic requiring global cooperation? So I'm going to go to President Trump as an open mind. You know, he won the election, which means he's a great guy. Who's right, So I'm sure.
Speaker 1: His executive orders are reasonable.
Speaker 3: Trump pulled the US out of the Paris Climate Accords.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, look he I know that sounds bad for these woke liberals, but like does it really matter. You know, one year in next year, one out that would have been doing the hokey pokey these guys like twelve years.
Speaker 1: They didn't even put us in a group chat anymore.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 5: Also, newsflash, Paris a quote, Yo, we're not going to reach the mission goals anyway.
Speaker 1: Okay, this world is over.
Speaker 5: Such an excuse to go to Paris, which overrated. Okay, so fine, he's taking us out of anything that involves the rest of the world. Okay, I'm sure there's other executive orders that aren't any words.
Speaker 10: Among the many executive orders President Trump signed on Monday was this one pausing the TikTok band for seventy five days. He says the United States should broker a deal to own half of the platform.
Speaker 6: I think the.
Speaker 1: US should be entitled to get half of TikTok.
Speaker 11: And congratulations TikTok as a good partner.
Speaker 1: Say yo.
Speaker 5: He brought back TikTok just as my brain was regaining its higher order functions.
Speaker 1: I mean, oh my god, that was close. Now.
Speaker 5: If you remember, TikTok was originally banned because everyone thinks it gives China too much influence over Americans. And to be fair, before I started using TikTok, I was a white guy from Iowa. Okay. But the point, the point is the people have spoken, Okay, we want China to change our brains. What absolute idiot even thought of banning it in the first place.
Speaker 2: We're looking at TikTok. We may be banning TikTok.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, thank you President Trump for saving us from that guy. What I'm saying is all these executive orders on bad Okay, I mean, what else is he doing?
Speaker 3: And Trump is going to trump it's an executive order to end their right citizenship. It's a constitutional right that those born on American soil or US citizens, regardless of their parents immigration status.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, that does sound like a me change, but right citizenship has been in the Constitution of over one hundred years. But on the other hand, should you just be a US citizen just because you were born here? I mean, I think all citizens should have to prove that they're truly American by taking a quiz on American history.
Speaker 1: And failing it that.
Speaker 5: If your score, if your score is above sixty, you're going back to as y'all whatever shithole country as educational standards. And to be fair, nothing too extreme so far. I mean, it sounds like there's a campaign Trump that says things to win, and then there's a President Trump who rules more moderately.
Speaker 12: Overnight, with the stroke of a pen, President Trump issuing sweeping pardons to nearly all of the rioters charged for their actions on January.
Speaker 1: Sixth, So this is January sixth.
Speaker 12: Trump even granting clemency to the more than six hundred people charged with assaulting or resisting law enforcement.
Speaker 5: Okay, Look, freeing violent criminals from prison seems less moderate and more like something Bain did. Okay, but you know what, if you know your history in that situation, Batman fixed it. Okay, So concerns over blown. And look, these guys have been in prison for like two whole months already.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm sure they've learned that.
Speaker 13: Lesson Jacob Chancelly, we know him as also the QAnon Shaman. He put out something on social media where he said, I got a pardon baby, thank you, President Trump. Now I'm gonna buy some mother fn guns.
Speaker 1: See he learned his lesson.
Speaker 5: For more on the J six pardons, we go live the senior legal correspondent Josh Johnson. Josh, Josh, Josh, where the hell are you?
Speaker 8: I'm going to bank, you silly goose. Everyone get all the brown I'm quiet.
Speaker 1: Josh, Josh. Are you robbing a bank? Of course not. This is a bank robbery. Get on the floor.
Speaker 5: Okay, it definitely looks like you're robbing a bank.
Speaker 8: Sure, it looks like I'm robbing a bank because I'm in a bank, holding a gun.
Speaker 4: Demanding money from tellers who are crying, and.
Speaker 8: We'll see what happens if they do not come up out of this money. All right, But I'm wearing a maga hat, and as the JA six parton's clearly established, you can't be wearing a maga hat and doing a crime at the same time.
Speaker 5: Okay, waity, How does the hat change the fact that you have a gun aimed at people's heads without the hat, I'm robbing a bank with the hat, I'm peacefully protesting a rigged financial system.
Speaker 1: Sondra, I've been very clear. I want the lollipops too, the great once.
Speaker 8: Okay, Sorry, Ronnie Multicast, Josh Hat or no hat, the police, I'm gonna you, and if they do, I'm a political hostage, much like these people who I'm currently holding hostage.
Speaker 1: All right, Sondra, the little pans with the chain, all of it.
Speaker 6: In the bag.
Speaker 1: How many times do I have to tell you? Okay, oh my god, Josh, did your gun just go off?
Speaker 8: That was my bad? I mean, these triggers are so thanky, you just touch them and they go off.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, I think you're in big trouble now.
Speaker 4: I mean I.
Speaker 1: Would be if I didn't have a second hat.
Speaker 5: Okay, look say some of those hous for me, Josh Johnson, everybody was.
Speaker 6: When we come back.
Speaker 1: Jordan Klepper went to an inauguration zone.
Speaker 14: Go away, look about her guardy shot.
Speaker 5: Don Trump was inaugurate yesterday and where Donald Trump goes John and Klipper is not far behind.
Speaker 1: And another edition of Fingers the Pulse.
Speaker 11: The trop coronation was a weekend full of the usual pump and circumstance, and strangely, a victory rally celebration the day before the actual celebration celebration. So I added to our nation's frozen Capital to witness the festivities.
Speaker 1: The golden Age of America has arrived. Not only are we excited here in the US, but the world is excited.
Speaker 6: We're excited to get rid of the old administration. You know, just wipe the slate clean. You do that with like don't dance moves or something.
Speaker 2: No, we do that with crypton Ai.
Speaker 11: But it wasn't all fun and games. Troupe was elected to deal with serious issues.
Speaker 7: But I think the top of America is a good idea of good name jess.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, and why start there? I mean New Mexico, that's horseshit. Yeah.
Speaker 9: People are coming out in support of more nationalists governments and making sure that we can actually support our people, not globalist elites.
Speaker 6: Stay out globeless delites.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, that is exactly what we want.
Speaker 6: Are you can saying zeke elon musk up there.
Speaker 9: I am and Maggie. Isn't just for one kind of people. We are for the American people and everybody that that encompasses.
Speaker 11: I think you're gonna need everybody to get together to push out these globalless elites.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, let's get the registment in the world from so that we're.
Speaker 4: Gonna come in here and do it.
Speaker 6: We agree we want to see him do day one.
Speaker 1: Well, I want to see him part in everybody from January sixth. I want the free are January sixth prisoners right away?
Speaker 6: I hope that happens right away. We pardon all of them?
Speaker 5: Yes, all of them?
Speaker 6: Really?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 6: Do you pardon everybody from January sixth? I think the majority of the people should be, honestly, But this guy who's still the podium, should he be pardoning?
Speaker 15: Yes?
Speaker 5: For sure?
Speaker 11: Ye who have they grabbed a little Snickers bar or a total of them American democracy and walked out the door.
Speaker 6: Huh? This guy should get a gun outside the capitol? Should he be pardoned? I don't think he should shot again. I know a different situation there.
Speaker 4: Old fashioned.
Speaker 11: This guy with a gun shooting the gun outside the capitol.
Speaker 1: The most definitely he should not be parted.
Speaker 2: And there are two point one million people there.
Speaker 1: They didn't all storm the capitol. None of them were armed, well some were armed.
Speaker 11: This guy, this guy with a gun outside the capitol said he a partner.
Speaker 1: Did he shoot the gun? Is that a real gun or was that a fake gun?
Speaker 6: He shot the gun up in the air.
Speaker 11: Yes, yes he should because.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think he should be. Pardon what because I don't think he should be.
Speaker 1: Uh, I don't think he's I think he should.
Speaker 15: Be part of Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 11: What about this guy spraying a bear spray at the police of defense?
Speaker 6: That's a pardon? Yeah, that's a tough one.
Speaker 1: Was that from the same day?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's genuine.
Speaker 11: January sixth the most photographed crime in human history.
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, well you can show me eight million more. I'm pro pardon Wow, where was this at January sixth?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Have you not seen this image?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: I have not seen that any of these images, some of them, but not these really maybe the ones.
Speaker 1: Maybe the media that I'm following is not all, is not showing these what what we could.
Speaker 6: Be could be? What one media? The powers old conservatives? Did you watch Conjenuary six hearings?
Speaker 5: No? I didn't know.
Speaker 6: Okay, so this is new So that's my fault. I should have been better informed.
Speaker 11: Yes, I will say that's a refreshing thing to hear. In the end, it didn't matter because Trump just part of this guy and fifteen hundred of his friends.
Speaker 6: But this weekend is about joy. One thing you're most excited about seeing today Donald Trump at five o'clock. That's it.
Speaker 1: Garbage truck.
Speaker 7: Okay, the truck.
Speaker 3: Yes, this garbage truck, the mag of garbage truck that went viral during the campaign, who reportedly hit the streets during the inauguration day per hey, and.
Speaker 11: These full grown adults who voted for the president were really really pumped the garbage truck.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 11: No, I didn't know that the garbage truck is here.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I did hear that. I did hear it was common. Yeah, that's what I'm talking about about. The garbage truck is here.
Speaker 1: Have you heard about that?
Speaker 5: No, the one that Trump's sat in.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 11: People were hyped to celebrate a new chapter in America, but as Inauguration Day arrived, there was a wrinkle.
Speaker 4: The ceremonies have been moved inside.
Speaker 11: And it meant thousands of MAGA faithful were left to aimlessly wonder the empty National Mall, sparsely attended as of No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a little calm.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm kind of surprised that how small the crowd is.
Speaker 6: Is that disappointing?
Speaker 1: Uh, yeah, because I would have liked to have seen a little bit more.
Speaker 6: And I think it's kind of the perfect metaphor.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, I guess so heathn Side hanging out with a billionaire as well.
Speaker 6: All his supporters are outside in the cold. Yeah, but I think that MAGA is a tough crowd anyway. They're prepared to be left in the cold.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Expectation has definitely changed.
Speaker 7: We had planned on being here. We were really excited for the parade.
Speaker 6: Have you thought of trying to get inside the rotenda?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: Not really.
Speaker 7: I feel like that one's gonna be a little tough for us today.
Speaker 11: Really for you guys, I mean, judge by your climb the walls, or judge judge by your outfit.
Speaker 6: Take you just a break a window?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean I personally probably wouldn't break a window.
Speaker 7: That would really hurt my hand, especially in the cold.
Speaker 6: It was the vibe likes here right now, very relaxed. It is relaxed, somber almost. I mean, what died the free Press.
Speaker 4: I don't think anything died.
Speaker 1: I think we're I think we're all just kind of relaxed.
Speaker 11: I'm sorry, turn around slowly, slowly, don't spook it is that is?
Speaker 15: That?
Speaker 6: Is that the garbage truck?
Speaker 11: I don't know I've got something, and I think it's gonna break.
Speaker 6: A smell of your faces. Really, you know what's gonna be here today? What the garbage truck?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, we can't leave, we can't go home.
Speaker 1: We have to stay well, And you say yourself, you don't know.
Speaker 6: I know, I saw one.
Speaker 1: I saw one today.
Speaker 4: I saw it pass by.
Speaker 6: You don't know if it was the garbage.
Speaker 4: No, I don't know if it was the one.
Speaker 6: Regardless, you're seem excited by it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm married.
Speaker 6: I love your pjs. By the way, thank you.
Speaker 11: I think we know who's gonna run in twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Jordan.
Speaker 5: When we come back, Stephanie su will be joining me on the show, so don't go away.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Day Show.
Speaker 5: My guest tonight is an Academy Award nominated actor who starts in the Peacock original comedy series Laid Please welcome my good friend Stephanie Soon.
Speaker 14: Whoa, I love you, dude.
Speaker 1: They didn't even stand up for me.
Speaker 5: They're coming on the show, your show. Yeah, yeah, it's great to see you. I haven't seen so long this show. You just did you filmed it well like two years ago.
Speaker 7: No Last Deer Closer. We shot it really fast in Vancouver.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what I remember when you shot it, because you turned down my pilot to do the show.
Speaker 15: Okay, allegedly, but I don't remember this.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, well that means you didn't even see your reps turned down?
Speaker 7: Are blockading?
Speaker 5: Yeah from me, But it looks like you made the right choice because my pilot to get picked up in your show.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: It's a great show. It's super funny. We actually were in like three projects.
Speaker 15: Every single movie slash TV show where there is one Asian person, you're in it.
Speaker 1: You're the next person.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I think you just prove that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I pride myself on being that. Yes, please call me if you have more than one Asian in your things.
Speaker 15: I do have a funny story about shortcomings, but this was not going to be my surprise. Oh okay, okay, my funny story about shortcomings.
Speaker 1: She's the thing we did together is the first clip he.
Speaker 7: Didn't show, the part where we smooch. We do smooch, which I.
Speaker 15: Know after Randall would go cut, Ronnie would be like, what would you mean we would like we would like smooch and then Randall would be like cut, and he'd be.
Speaker 5: Like yeah, yeah. As soon as the directors says cut, my job is done. Woman, I'm not women linger in the in the kissing like once yeah, once the love scene, once the darkness has cut, I'm like, I'm out married.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 7: No, I respected it, like I really respect this. Man.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't be weird if I didn't stop though it, right, I know. Yeah, but that's like an acting like I don't know as to take away. When you get out of the scene, I'm like, no, I'm my direction dies noting me to.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 7: This is a good pivot to my surprise, which is that over.
Speaker 15: The holiday I watched a new comedy special and it was so funny.
Speaker 14: Shot out.
Speaker 5: Wait, this is your surprise that you watch my comedy special on Netflix.
Speaker 15: No, it's not well because you know, people here come and talk about their stuff.
Speaker 7: But I want to shower you.
Speaker 5: That's okay, I get enough attention on this show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's wise of you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thanks for coming to the When I was on tour with Oh Wait, you never came a single time.
Speaker 7: This is a roast.
Speaker 15: We miss We always miss each other geographically because you were doing an outlastic, and then I was in New York, and then you were in New York, and then.
Speaker 1: I was in No, I don't take it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm on the mailing list.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wow. But thanks for watching it. Thanks so funny.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it.
Speaker 7: It brought me a lot of joy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you have to talk. They'll talk about me, dude. I love that She's like, I have a surprise for you.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to tell you what it is. I'm going to say it on air. And a surprise was promoting my special. I don't think you know what surprise is.
Speaker 15: No, it's embarrassing you in front of your loving fans.
Speaker 1: Okay, everyone here is loving it.
Speaker 4: I promise you.
Speaker 5: The comment section is hating this episode. Tell Us about, tell Us Aboutlaatee, Tellus about Lady.
Speaker 1: Okay. Yeah.
Speaker 15: Laide is a dark comedy rom com. It's about a woman in her thirties, Rubiya, who's having a hard time finding love and she starts to find out that everyone she's ever slept with is dying in mysterious ways in.
Speaker 7: The order that she slept with them. So she has to be like, am I the problem?
Speaker 15: And sort of that's the umbrella of her sort of like love quest, search of warning all her previous lovers and then getting tangled in some triangles along the way.
Speaker 4: Just to be clear, I mean, it's not like the dying of STD.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, it's not that.
Speaker 1: It's not that.
Speaker 15: No, that obviously the it's a comedy, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I mean that's the that's that's the allegory, but it's not. It's not actually people dying of gonorrhea.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh you can't dive.
Speaker 7: No, no, I'm not.
Speaker 4: I would have known.
Speaker 15: You just lost your chance in the comments, like.
Speaker 5: Because it's it's kind of like final destination a little bit. When people die, it's always like some weird yeah left Field and.
Speaker 1: I watched it.
Speaker 4: It was it was super funny.
Speaker 2: I got you.
Speaker 5: I'm not just saying it. It's super funny. It's very watchable. It's that very watchable. You're you're braid in it, uh, you know every time everything I watch you in it's like you're you're you're so talented, You've got comedic timing out the wazoo. Uh, but you come out like you come from this like experimental theater background.
Speaker 4: I do so, like, how did you.
Speaker 5: Get it to this place where you can you know, you're nominated for like Academy Awards for realism really is am acting, but you come from this, I don't know what you're doing experiment in New York.
Speaker 15: It's a lot of like rolling around on the floor, you know, And it's a lot of like like just you know what I'm saying. It's like shapes, you know what I mean, just like abstractions. Yeah, it's weird, it is weird, but it's also you know what it is actually what I think about it. I mean there's like clowning involved to where people do like mask work or like clowning work. It's it's just like big art space. Actually it's not like things are maybe not as mainstream. But I actually think the thing that Experimental.
Speaker 7: Theater gave me was permission.
Speaker 15: To be like a full artist and be like fearless. And I think, you know, when we were first starting out, I just like that space was not available in a mainstream way for me.
Speaker 5: Oh for you yeah, what was not available like.
Speaker 15: The well, there was no joy ride, there was no everything everywhere you know, there was like you mean sixteen candles.
Speaker 5: You know, you mean, look, there's no look, there's no jobs, there's no.
Speaker 6: Look of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So you mean you went to experimental theater because you couldn't get a job, or because you wanted to do it.
Speaker 15: I think because I wanted to like fully do what I was capable of doing.
Speaker 5: Right, pure honest in that way, that's what it was. Surprised when my first menu, I was like, Oh, she's like a legitimate actor like artists like for me, I like I tell dick jokes in bobs.
Speaker 7: That's an art form too.
Speaker 1: It is, but it's not like it's art. It's not really odd.
Speaker 5: It's like I'm like this close, I'm like just whipping my dick out.
Speaker 1: I mean, like I'm in a bod. Yeah, I guess it is. I guess it is. I guess I guess bad stand up comedy is experimental.
Speaker 15: Theater in a way, honestly, I did. I did do comedy. I was like in the sketch world, and the reason why I decided to not continue down that path.
Speaker 7: Was because the hours are so crazy. You have to stay awake so late.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like she.
Speaker 7: At an early age, I was like, how does one start at midnight.
Speaker 4: Like, how is mentally ill because we're starting late?
Speaker 5: And then we'll just not sleeping and then we'll just and then and then did you consciously get out of experimental theater because you are like I'm done with it, or like I'm it's time to get a real job.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 15: I actually there was a there was a casting director who like sort of discovered me and put me into a table read of the first ever potential maybe one day this will be SpongeBob Musical on Broadway.
Speaker 7: SpongeBob the Musical on Broadway.
Speaker 15: So it was like when they were first developing it and they just needed extra like honestly non equity actors because.
Speaker 7: I was not in the union.
Speaker 15: They needed to hire some extra people to do funny voices.
Speaker 4: Gage.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I was scabbing and then and I stuck with that for like five years. It was just this two hour table read in the Viacom building, and they kept asking me back and that sort of helped me transition into doing theater sort of full time.
Speaker 4: Oh so it wasn't even it wasn't mounted. It was just the table read for five years.
Speaker 15: Yeah, Well, we did like a table read and then we developing shops developing.
Speaker 5: But it wasn't even stage. You were just developing it for like five years.
Speaker 15: Then in the last few years we did like out of town blah blah blah, and then got a call one day that was like, we're going to Broadway, do you want to come?
Speaker 7: And I was like, okay, yeah, So it was kind of it wasn't.
Speaker 15: Ever like a conscious choice to leave experimental.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Look, we all have different paths. But what's interesting about that.
Speaker 5: I'm always like, I'm always interested in the people who just like pursue passions without thought of money. Yeah, you know, because I feel like you want, even you're doing experimental theater, like you definitely want trying to get famous.
Speaker 7: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 1: You were just like trying to get like these shapes out of your body.
Speaker 5: I was trying to get the shape, trying to get the shaped out, and then dude, you got enough shapes out that you got nominated for an Oscar.
Speaker 1: I know, it was crazy. It was so crazy.
Speaker 5: You're yeah, so like when you're how was the Oscar for those of us who were never.
Speaker 1: Like, what, what was it?
Speaker 5: Like? I, as a show business professional, there's the art and then there's the business side. So when I watch people like who are up for Oscars, the business side of me knows the show side of me admires the artists, and the business side of me is like, Oh, they're going to do a law of campaigning. It's gonna be like a presidential campaign. Did you Did you feel that way when you were up for the Oscars?
Speaker 15: And well, honestly, you know, it was like because we got to do it together with Michelle Key and the Daniels, with Jamie, like it felt like a bunch of friends being like, we're going to stand in this light together. But also before I decided to do Late, before I decided to do Late, you to know my pilot, I.
Speaker 7: Allegedly turned on your pilot.
Speaker 15: Oops, and or I didn't see it. I'm really bad at texting and email.
Speaker 5: If I was coming off of Oscar nomination, I wouldn't do a pilot either. So, by the way, I don't even know. I'm just joking and blaming you for it, but I actually.
Speaker 15: Don't feel like I saw it.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 15: So I ran into Ali Wong on the airplane before I signed on too laid, and she was on her way to the Gotham Awards for her performance in Beef, and she was like, it was the first award of award season and she was like, what is like award season, Like like I don't know. I feel like like I don't want to stand in the light, you know. And I was like, you were amazing, and you deserve to like stand and own all the effort that you've put in for all these years to get to where you are.
Speaker 7: And and she won, and she won.
Speaker 15: But then also then at the tail end of that conversation we like talked about ort season. Then I was like, I was like, hey, have you ever heard of like you? She's worked with the Na Khan and Nanacha directed her comedy specials.
Speaker 7: And I was like, what do you think of k also worked?
Speaker 15: Yes, well you are in if there's an Asian person, Ronnie was there.
Speaker 4: I was in Young Rock. Yeah, it was like this cowboy as.
Speaker 1: Cowboy Asian.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I knew that right, and that's what the pilot was about anyway. But is our showrunner, one of our showrunners and the director of Laid And I was like, what do you think of Na Khan? And Ali was like I would recommend any person to work with her if they got the chance, And after that flight, I was like, I'm going to do.
Speaker 4: Laid sold Yeah.
Speaker 7: Late, And was that an underwhelming story?
Speaker 1: It wasn't that.
Speaker 5: It was like I always ask you about about your oscar experience, then you you turned it into talking about how Ali it's awesome.
Speaker 4: So it was a it was a nice deflection.
Speaker 15: I mean yeah, it was like, yeah, it's really well. You know when you when you do something you care about, it feels less crazy to like stand stand behind show up and like stand behind it. And that movie changed so many people's lives that it was like, thank you, But I was like, it's not even just for me, It's for every single person who's like watching and sees themselves a part of this.
Speaker 1: So no, Stefanie, you're the best.
Speaker 4: You're the best.
Speaker 5: Thanks, Thanks for coming on the show, Thank you for being a friend, thank you for sharing your twer.
Speaker 1: I love the Boss, I love doing stuff with you.
Speaker 5: Everybody Late, it's streaming now, I'm Keeykocks.
Speaker 1: Definitely sue everybody take a quick break. Every right back.
Speaker 2: That thoughts over tonight now here it is your moment of that.
Speaker 7: Mister president, What did you think of the sermon?
Speaker 5: What did you think?
Speaker 1: So you like it if you find it exciting.
Speaker 13: Not too exciting, was it. I didn't think it was a good show.
Speaker 4: Just now.
Speaker 10: Thank you very much, thank you Press, thank you pros much, thank you too much.
Speaker 5: Better. Explore more shows from the Daily Show podcast universe by searching The Daily Show wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Watch The Daily Show week nights at eleven ten.
Speaker 3: Central on Comedy Central, and stream full episodes anytime on Paramount
Speaker 1: Plus Paramount Podcasts