Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Anthony dor Set, Demontree Moore, and Newek Scrugs.
Speaker 4: It's Friday and we are here what the Players Lounges brought to you by Aristocrat, where we have all of the players in the studio today as WBC Podcast studio.
Speaker 5: We have Demontre Moore, by Church, Anthony dor Set, and I am Jesse Holly. As we get together and get ready to break down this game. The Dallas Cowboys are on the road taking on the Chicago Bears. And this this is one of those games the Cowboys coming off the performance that they had last week. And you know, sometimes I get accused of being a hater. And the reason why I want to bring this up topic first and because I want to get your opinion on this as players. When I speak about games and referencing a game like the Cowboys had last week against the New York Giants, the fans excited, exhilarating a game that came down to the wire, and you want it. But when I go and watch it, I think a lot of times I as a player, I know the good that happened, and so I just bank it and I'm always looking at where could I get better? And I think sometimes my analysis comes out that way. They're like, just what we won. I'm like, yeah, but you gave up? Is that just a player thing? I like, how like do you guys look at it that way?
Speaker 6: I look at it that way because when when I was playing, at least like the good players hack shit, I can't wait. But I've always been bad places. I knew exactly where they were to be at on the film breakdown, I knew exactly when we go through this, this is what's gonna happen.
Speaker 7: Like even if I had a pick or two.
Speaker 6: If I got skirt for a touchdown or you know, got broken off in the in the field and missed attack on all that, I'm.
Speaker 7: Like, man, he gonna replay this seventeen times.
Speaker 6: Like so, I always looked at it that way, like the good was great, but that bad that's gonna be in the back of my mind, and that's gonna come to the forefront when we go on for that Monday film session. Like that's always what it is. That's just how it is with players. That's how you look at things like, yeah, it good, like I'm supposed to do that. That's my job to be out there and be dominant. But those those mishaps is what that just always comes to the forefront of your mind.
Speaker 8: And I think that with that being said, you know that that that adds layers to things because you can be successful over here and not successful over there, so you start to like try to pad yourself up more as a team over here, when these little issues over here could turn into big things later on, so you got to address them and be critical of them.
Speaker 9: And so that's where you're coming from.
Speaker 8: Like, of course we understand that because breaking ourselves down. Just like you said, you can make them bomb plays and it doesn't matter how many you have a game, but the thing that's going to bother you the most as a player is the ones.
Speaker 9: That you didn't you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: So like, I totally understand where you're coming from with that, and like if people don't get it, that's just part of the game because we are highly critical and sitting in this chair now, you know, we're not necessarily on the field no more, but we're still players at hard and so that's where we come from with it, and that's I'm sure where you're coming from.
Speaker 10: With so, Demontrey.
Speaker 5: I say all that to say, well, the Cowboys are preparing themselves for this week against the Bears. Are they looking at it like, yo, we had a great win at home. We did da da da da? Or are they looking at it like, man, we got so many more things to take care of. And as a player, how do you approach that from one week to the next.
Speaker 11: Well, me, as a player, I had Then I said, it's like my dad used to teach me. He taught me at the early age. It's never as good as you think it is. It's never as bad. It's always three sides to the story. Yours mind's in the truth. I look at what you did to put yourself in that situation. And so going in after a game, if I made some good plays, it was like, oh, yeah, I did that.
Speaker 12: But I was one of those guys that was like.
Speaker 11: My glass is always half empty, like I made if you put me on the phone, boot, I'm coming out with an enemy like type deal. So when I came in there and dissected the plays. It was like, man, you had a good game. Oh you did this good. But it was like if I did this step better, if I'd have played this technique a little bit solid, like it would have took a good play to be in a great play. And I still have that same mindset today, Like you know, my wife gets on me all the time talking about, hey man, you got to enjoy the roses and this and that and it's a win. It's like, Nah, that wouldn't a win that I needed. I need a better win. And that leads me into this next statement. Knowing eber Flu's playing for him. I know he's going in there. Yeah we got the dub, but the fact that it had to come down and it was on the office, Nah, I wanted to put it on the defense. I want to see how you know, I wanted to be one of those things to where it didn't have to come down to that we shouldn't be.
Speaker 12: I know, he has his goals every week that he does.
Speaker 11: He does the little you remember the tape that they used to do with Mary Nelly with the animals.
Speaker 12: So like what today's a fast Friday?
Speaker 11: You getting that attack tape right now from the good players that have it from the game. But then you also got the other players where it's like this wasn't attacking style. And so going into this game, I know he's telling him, One, you gotta be ready to hunt.
Speaker 12: But two, you got a Chicago team that's hungry right now.
Speaker 11: And we clearly seen it last night with a Miami team that everybody just automatically assumed the Bills is gonna put them out there in the pasture and take them out. And it's like, nah, I hope that is a I know all the good coaches is taken as a learning lesson, like, hey, coming into this week, it's about to be big.
Speaker 5: This is a great This is a great panel of players to have. For the next question, I'm about to ask as the offensive guy, one of the things that you have been that you've heard all week long communication communication, communication, communication, whether that's from the back end, the front end, the linebackers, communication, communication, communication, go around the table. When you hear that we have to be better with our communication one, what does that mean? And then you have coach schottenheiman that came out today and said, you know, we fixed the communication. What is fixing the communication look like from the defensive side of the ball. And I'll start with you, Barry with that because God being on the back end having to make those calls with a lot of the issues out there. So give us break it down to us layman's who don't understand what it means to communicat and how do you fix it when you have a game like you had last week with the Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Defense, I play safety, y'all's basically the quarterback of the secondary back there. Because we had to relate a message to our corners, our nickels, the linebackers. We had to make sure we knew what everybody in front of us was doing. And when I looked at that tape with the Giants, there just wasn't enough. Whether you want to lange, whatever the case may be, you can tell they weren't on the same page. Guys, was just kind of locked in. All right, I got my job. This is exactly what I gotta do. That's not how you communicate as a defense. You gotta make sure my nickel all right, I know this is how you're gonna play it, all right, cool, I'm gonna do.
Speaker 12: This all right.
Speaker 6: Street safety sean safety. That's how we're gonna play. I'm gonna lean to this corner. I need you to be deep, like in that Cover four situation. I think it was the first baby Neighbor's touchdown. I made the acrobatic catch. They was in cover four. Now f it's the cover four I know from eber Flus there was three by one. You know, Donald was that that quarter safety. He's responsible for that three.
Speaker 12: On the other side.
Speaker 6: Correct, So we used to always say, look, there's three by one, poach, poach, poach, which means I'm going over to that three. If he goes vertical, if he don't do anything vertical, then I may I may be able to free up and come help you. But Diggs on the backside, you gotta play this like you ain't got no help.
Speaker 7: You gotta make sure you on top, like you give up a hook, give up a.
Speaker 6: Slant, give up a dig, But make sure you on top, all right, because I may be there, but I may not be there, or likely I won't cause if that number three goes vertical, now it didn't happen that way. And you know this is kind of slept off, but that's the communication we're talking about you got to make sure you know the strengths and weaknesses of your.
Speaker 7: Defense and cover three, you know the seams are under attack, all right, once again it was three by one.
Speaker 6: You can't be lining up in the middle of the field when you got three opposing receivers up there. Like, you gotta make sure you're alignment is correct, your assignment is correct, and you make sure you communicate. And you don't only know your job, you gotta know everybody's job and know how they're gonna play it. That's how the best defenses work and that's how you limit explosive plays.
Speaker 7: And I just didn't see enough last week. Yeah, a lot of sec.
Speaker 8: That's the truth though, you know, being in safety and being the quarterback, like there's pre snap reason, it's pre staped conversations too, and everything that's going on. So when we breaking the huddle, like Barry said, you know, it's it's our duty to let everybody know what what what what personnel is in the game to down the distance and everything. And now if I'm seeing any thing from from alignment that we've already recognized, like I'm calling it out just like with that cover for like, yeah, now initially what I'm gonna do. If I'm that backside safety, I'm line up over here to make it look like he got a little bit more help anyway, you know what I'm saying. I'm just not gonna line up in the middle and just leave him out to drive to begin there.
Speaker 9: But that's part of the communication thing.
Speaker 8: And and as the guys get more familiar with playing with each other, you know, because there's been a number of injuries. Like I can just remember being in situation with Charles Wooshson and it could be.
Speaker 9: Covered for it, and he'd be like, hey, just just go.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying, And like, like I'm were already knowing that pre snap, so we know how to how.
Speaker 9: To make it look and how to go play away from it at the same time.
Speaker 8: And so it's just those little things and those little nuances in the game that actually give you it a competitive advantage before the play starts.
Speaker 11: Yeah, okay, I mean, so y'all two said y'all are safeties, right or former safeties. Y'all is a quarterback of the defense, Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 12: Man, Well that's news to me.
Speaker 11: I feel like the middle linebacker would say that they're the quarterback.
Speaker 12: I feel like y'all. I feel like y'all. I feel like y'all are more.
Speaker 11: As a center is like y'all call out the class protection like that.
Speaker 12: You know it's the second.
Speaker 11: Most import It's still important, but I mean it's the second boat. The linebacker know everybody. You know, when y'all be waved on me, I let y'all spell, I let y'all. I'm just saying. As a safety, you're saying that you got to know everybody's spot. There ain't been a time. It's been a couple of times with safeties and came down and said, ad more to know that. But as a middle linebacker, you know everybody on there as a center on the offense, if they doing that, they not calling to play.
Speaker 12: They call the pass protection. They the big dogs, they number two.
Speaker 11: So I'm I'm just saying, I don't be hearing y'all way back there, the little guys, but just me, just me.
Speaker 12: But you know, I'm just a simple d lineman. You know, I'm just here to do my part.
Speaker 11: So you know, back can't help the front front end HLP the back, but you know, just the quarterback of the So give it, give.
Speaker 5: The responsibility because right we're talking about being in the regild.
Speaker 12: No figure it out.
Speaker 9: The safety come down and tell you selling the game.
Speaker 7: You ain't gonna do it.
Speaker 11: Oh no, I'm gonna do it. So like how often is that happening?
Speaker 9: So it happens.
Speaker 8: So like the only person in the huddle that gets the car to play to you as the only person's gonna.
Speaker 9: Get the talk.
Speaker 12: No, no, no, nothing.
Speaker 11: But I'm just saying, majority of the time, you we all know it's it's the middle linebackers, it's Shawan, the ray Lewis.
Speaker 12: Is Hey they talking to that guys and hey, hey guys back there. What y'all say it is? What's the past cover? What's the formation? Cool?
Speaker 11: Okay, let me make sure the d line in is straight. Ain't no way you in a three by one? You saying you got somebody that's about to burn your jets off. You're about to come all the way from ten yards deep and say, hey, d n you not lined up in the right shade. I need you to slide over and do this unless it's a blitzing and pertaining to y'all.
Speaker 9: All I gotta do is let the lineback. You know, if I see you can't.
Speaker 12: Don't.
Speaker 2: That's why he tails the land backers.
Speaker 12: That's why I'm asking. I just wanted that get I just learned something new, That's why I'm asking. I just want to start.
Speaker 10: Offensive side of the You don't have off. We just line up with a quarterback, say go and line up.
Speaker 11: I mean, we do that too, but I was just asking, you know, but quickly.
Speaker 10: What I do want to know is when you know.
Speaker 5: That your your defense is going to be primarily a zone defense, and you understand and know that these guys have these air that they have to get to, does your mentality change of knowing that I help them by getting pressure on the quarterback?
Speaker 12: Like how does?
Speaker 11: How did you wholeheartedly when I know that it's a zone defense, I know that I need to hit it a lot faster then versus it being man to man.
Speaker 12: If it's man. For example, when.
Speaker 11: I was in Seattle, you had Camp Chancellor back there, Earl Thomas, all those guys you knew man to man. It's like, Hey, I'm gonna go out there and try to hit my fast ball, but I know I can.
Speaker 12: They gonna be.
Speaker 11: Like it's man and man coverage. They're gonna be locked down a little bit more versus where it's a zone, you got those certain windows that if you don't hit it the right way, if I don't get there fast enough, say they go do that and they run in that gap, you might get caught increased in the window. So for me, when I hear zones or like zone blitzes, really is a d lineman.
Speaker 12: Let's be honest. Later in my playing career, when I was around.
Speaker 11: Good vests, that's when I knew the difference between zone blitzes.
Speaker 12: At the beginning, it was like just go.
Speaker 11: But like when you're around those good defensive alignments, they'll tell you, like, hey, you know, first of all, you only got three seconds.
Speaker 12: Now this is a zone blitz.
Speaker 11: I might want to try to get there in two seconds or if not, then guess what I might get that window. But guess now that I'm what I'm gonna do to help them out is because it's a zone.
Speaker 12: I'm a pass rush, but I know I'm not gonna get there fast.
Speaker 11: I'm gonna put my hands up and just get in the window to block it and make it more cloudy.
Speaker 5: If that makes sense, I got you. Well, let's take a break when we come back from the break. What I want to discuss amongst the defensive players is playing up against a guy like Ben Johnson who does a lot of the emotions and shifts and the personnels. How does that confuse or make life more difficult for the guys and defensive side of the ball. And how can the Cowboys put themselves in better position to succeed against this type of offense which they kind of suffered doing so in the past and other teams. So we'll discuss that and more. This is the Players Lounge, Stay with us, will be right back. Hey there, Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 13: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys Them casino games developed by Aristocrat, a Brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred Gambler that's onwent eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 2: It's the official men's skincare brand of the.
Speaker 13: Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and Right Now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liftball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com Slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 14: Crown Royal and the Dallas Cowboys are bringing back the Royal Rig for season two. See it in action at at and T Stadium on Thanksgiving Day where the Dallas Cowboys take on the Kansas City Chiefs, and around Dallas on November twenty sixth and November twenty eighth. Visit Crownrooyal dot com. Where else the Royal Rig is stopping this NFL season. That's Crownrooyal dot com. Please drink responsively.
Speaker 15: Returning for the twenty twenty five NFL season, Boss reunites with the Dallas Cowboys that drop the next chapter of their iconic collaboration. The Boss Cowboys collection fuses fashion and football, once again, capturing the fearless spirit of what it means to be your own boss, just in time for kickoff. Gear up and standout styles that show your team pride with a bold edge. Available now at NFL shop dot com, Slash Hugo, Boss Hugo, Boss dot com and Boss retail stores. Hashtag be your Own Boss.
Speaker 16: To the Players Loud.
Speaker 12: We are back. Let me get this.
Speaker 11: The countdown to game days starts with the Rally Days presented by Sea. Get behind the scenes, look at at and T Stadium, met the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders, alumnis like us up here, play games, win prizes and more. Get your tickets today at AT and T dot com Slash Rally Day CB you ain't.
Speaker 12: Working people and what you said?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and welcome back to the Players Lounge.
Speaker 10: As we continue this in depth.
Speaker 5: In conversation, the Cowboys taking on the Chicago Bears in Shottown this Sunday three thirty. The Cowboys coming off of thrilling victory last week over the New York Football Giants, the Chicago Bears. Chicago Bears are desperate football team. They're trying to find their way. New head coach Ben Johnson is in there with the number one overall pick Williams in his second year at quarterback. And what I want to talk about is when you look at what they want to do offensively, Ben Johnson, when he spent his time with the Detroit Lions, you saw a lot of twelve personnel right, one back, two tight ends, two wide receivers. You saw some twenty one personnel, two back, one tight end, two wide receivers. They'll go you some eleven personnel, one back, one tight end, three wide receivers. But what you're going to get a healthy dose up shifts, motions, some more shifts, personnel changes.
Speaker 10: Right, always having to keep you on your toes.
Speaker 5: And a part of that is they want to get the defense to give the signs for the offense, but also confuse.
Speaker 10: The defense when you have to go.
Speaker 5: When you look at the Cowboys over the last couple of years, the team that they struggled against teams like Green Bay, Lafleur, right when Ben Johnson was with Detroit, how that always was a struggle.
Speaker 10: McVeigh Shanahan.
Speaker 5: All the teams have the movements has been historically a different a co proposition for the Cowboys defense to handle. As defenders coming into this game, how much does that movement, those shift, those those personnel changes, Anthony, make life more difficult for defenders.
Speaker 8: It can definitely make things more difficult because you know, like we have coverages based off of formations of course, and then once the formation changes, you know, you may.
Speaker 9: Have a double coverage everybody.
Speaker 8: And we talked about communication just a second ago, right, so now we have to have some clear communication when formations change, we changed to different coverage and.
Speaker 9: That stuff starts to happen.
Speaker 8: But then at the same time, you know, like like you said, it gives the offense.
Speaker 9: A clue of what we're actually running to as well.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 8: So with that being said, you know, like you want to have and like what we seen last week was the lack of communication. This week, you want to try to get back to the simplicity part of the of the game. But at the same time, having this a team coming in at emotions like this, it doesn't allow you.
Speaker 9: To necessarily get back there.
Speaker 8: So the comfort that you know the guys are gonna have in this week is not gonna be a lot as far as when it gets down to just making a coverage call, because with the motion, you're gonna be in cover to one second and then you go to cover four, you go to cover three. So the whole thing with that is just making sure that as you start to watch the film, you start to understand that, Okay, what the tendencies are from the motion and what the tendencies are from the original formation. What's gonna lead to the next one. But it's gonna be tough and the guys gonna have to communicate big time.
Speaker 12: This week.
Speaker 5: One of the things with Caleb Williams is the guy who's up front on the defensive line, very mobile quarter mind and you hear things like, hey, you have to have rush lane integrity, right, you have to maintain your outside leverage. You can't get you can't get nosy, so demontrait. When you're playing a guy, they shift, they motion, they have all these different things.
Speaker 10: And on top of that, you're dealing with a mobile quarterback.
Speaker 5: What is the mindset, What is the coaching techniques and tips for when you're having to keep a guy in the pocket, and how are you able to be aggressive but also smart in how you rush this kind of quarterback.
Speaker 11: That comes with preparation. What they say, proper preparation prevents his poor performance. When you go out there and you know your assignment, you know what you're doing. It's second nature as far as that, and what makes you a little scared about this weekend going into it. You got a whole new guy in Jadeveon Clowney that's never played for Matt Eberflus and coming in here and learning new scheme. So that's one thing that's going against you. After that, they're gonna tell you, Like I know, the good d line coaches, the great ones I've been around, they always circle before the season start, Hey we got this guy this week, we got this guy. Well, guess what, Kayler Williams is right up there with that mobile quarterback. So they've been saying that past rushing takeerty is gonna be a key. We're gonna have to get there, but we're gonna have to corral him. And for the Cowboys it's going to be a bigger emphasis because the last two weeks wherever they've been getting killed at on the edges, losing contained. You see what Russell Wilson was able to do people while it was time to take him out to the pasture, and then all of a sudden he come out there and throw for over four of them things. And now you got a young guy that's gonna do this, who actually throws better outside of the pocket. Coach is gonna put an emphasis on it. I would be interested to see because I know back in the day, we used to have this thing where we broke it down every time we played Kyler Murray that Kyler, if I'm not mistaken, he's not really good throwing to his left. If I'm not mistaken, coming out, he would have to throw across his body. Well, we did certain blists to where we would force him out and I could be wrong if be left right, but we will just force feed him to make him go over there to try to scramble, have to reset to gather itself, and by that time somebody should be hitting him. So you're gonna have all those different things going on this weekend, and I'm just interested to see if you have the talent on the edges to make it, to make it match up with the schematics, because we know Kenny and Osa and all those guys in the middle have been shutting things down. But now it's on the edge, and if you let him get on the edge, you let the Bears into it.
Speaker 12: But if you keep him in the part right.
Speaker 11: There, they Caleb has shown to have happy feet back there. He's still a young quarterback. He's gonna be moving his feet and not looking down, healing. I think it will be a lights out day for the Cowboys if they have pass rushing integrity. But if you don't, you let them get that confident, you're gonna have a snowball effect and then the Bears might be rolling off until they first win Perry.
Speaker 5: When you know, you you there's always these defensive markers. You know, they got him on the board, want to keep it back under a hunter yard. They're want to pass with over two hundred and that know allow no touchdowns.
Speaker 10: YadA, YadA, YadA.
Speaker 5: But when you come into a situation he's saying we got to give up something, right, Like, what are the one things that you're trying to shut down? First, you're trying to shut down Swift in that running game and Caleb scrambling, or you're saying, you know, we gotta shut down this thing in the air, Like like what is the approach from that aspect on the defense when you're looking at this game and saying, man, the record may say one thing, but you got room. M doonsay, you got Zakiyahs, you got dj Moore was one of my favorite RECEPIVS League. Of course, Caleb William that live arm. But Swift is a good running back as well.
Speaker 10: Back there.
Speaker 5: So what is the mindset of a defense, like how how are you approaching to shut this offense down?
Speaker 6: Well, for me, if I'm on this particular defense this year, I'm saying to myself, we got to limit the explosives.
Speaker 7: We got to make sure we keep everything.
Speaker 12: In front of us.
Speaker 6: When you say explosive, I'm thinking for me, fifteen yards and above like those to me or explosive players.
Speaker 12: Twelve twelve you said fifteen, Y're like twelve. On the run?
Speaker 11: Yeah the run, we got a run for sure, you know, d looking at us seven you messed up. Yeah, that's how the run with that more speaking on the past, we got to make sure we keep everything in front of us, because when we looked at this defense, they've done a decent job so far against the run. You know, Saquon Barkley, you know, scatter your Boys Scatterboo in New York.
Speaker 6: They did a decent job with that, but what hurt them was the explosive Russell Wilson back there saying, you know what, I'm gonna just throw this moon ball up and let my receivers do work. So to me, I'm saying, we got to keep everything in front of us. Not only that, we gotta to find a way since we can't just generate pressure with four players out We can't force the quarterback to get all swirly with just four players out there.
Speaker 7: We gotta force this.
Speaker 6: Gotta play from the pocket because what my man Caleb does is he's a great backyard football player. He's gonna be able to scramble around, extend the plays and so far as kind of bitting them in the butt a little bit when he's trying to extend plays and go for the deep ball.
Speaker 7: But we've seen if the quarterback has time against this Cowboys team.
Speaker 10: Man, he can exploit it.
Speaker 7: So for me, you gotta force this.
Speaker 6: Gotta play from the pocket, and if he wants to dump it down all day, you can.
Speaker 7: Rally and tackle that.
Speaker 6: You can rally and tackle that, and you live because you can live with them driving the ball eighty yards. It's those two plays eighty five yards. You know, to us, those are demoralizing plays. From a defensive standpoint.
Speaker 5: You hear a coach say, simulate pressure. We can simulate pressure. We can simulate pressure. What does it look like? What does it mean? How do you from a defensive standpoint, how how does a team who doesn't necessarily, you know, you don't have your all world pass rusher anymore, be out of there? That's a that's a force multiply. But when you hear, when I hear, when the fans here, we can generate pressure or simulate pressure, What does it mean?
Speaker 10: What does it look like? What does it come from?
Speaker 8: Gonna come from a multitude of places. It's not just gonna come from the front four. So, like what we're gonna have to do is we're gonna have to get creative. Like he's talked about earlier, his own blitzes. We're also gonna have to do some man blitzes too as well. It's gonna come from different packages. If it just can't come out of the base package, you might have to bring some nickel, some diamond, But we're gonna have to create some advantages and some some mismatches in that situation where we actually can make some pressure besides just using our front four.
Speaker 12: I don't think. I don't think it's gonna be as many man pressures though as you think it's goun for viewers when we say man pressure and stuff.
Speaker 11: I know sometimes we're all former players. We get the terminology. A man pressure means that that back end everybody is gonna be there's an extra guy there, but everybody's gonna have to hold their guys man a man. When I say they're not gonna be able, or at least I would think that they wouldn't be doing a lot of man We placed a man last week and we've seen the doors got blown off. We don't have the speed to do that, and we don't have a Michael Parson that is gonna get there in two point five seconds or have one of the fastest get off.
Speaker 12: So when you do a man pressure, typically there's a.
Speaker 11: Little more coverage just gonna go through that versus what you get your zone pressure. At least in my opinion, I feel like, hey, you go, you got your own.
Speaker 12: Everybody go sit back there.
Speaker 11: It's not as stressful on a the dbs, and we've already seen that the stress that we put on the dB so far you're getting three hundred plus, you're getting four hundred plus. Like and so for me, as if I was in a defensive mindset, back to what Bear was saying and a short thing scheme of things, I'm gonna make Caleb Williams beat me. He's a second year player, that's not proven, but yes, he does excel in playing backyard football, throwing off the run, and honestly, I think he throws better off the scramble and outside of that, make him sit back there and have to do a payment and approach and really beat you when it comes to that, and also giving your d d's time to sit back there to go get these turnovers that we need because sitting up here trying to press somebody and then playing bell out coverage.
Speaker 12: We've seen what happened when Traylon did.
Speaker 11: He played, he got beat off the line, and then he got beat by miligal neighbors.
Speaker 12: You've seen elam over there.
Speaker 11: He wasn't even playing press, and I think that was just miscommunication.
Speaker 12: But all of a sudden he blinked and the guy was.
Speaker 8: Hey, man, Like we say, is it talent or is it technique? And we've already said they got the talent in the backside, it's just bad technique. And if you're watching what you're doing, you're you're as a DV. We understand, you know, it's it's opening the gate. They're just turning everything into a foot race. There's there's, there's and then on top of that, like we talked about earlier, the lack of pressure anyway, So with that being said, it's gonna be tough.
Speaker 11: With all those determining factors and what we know right now, like I said, Barry said that it's gonna be communication.
Speaker 12: As far as what it takes to beat them.
Speaker 11: Me, I would say it would take I'm gonna make Cable Williams be then if he.
Speaker 12: Beats me, then god, god, god darn it. You just welcome just up to the league, because right now you haven't showed me that.
Speaker 11: What would you say, is gonna be the X Factor's gonna be the schematics.
Speaker 12: Is it gonna be players.
Speaker 8: Or it's gonna right now, it's gonna boil down to boat, you know, like we haven't seen the Cowboys play a strong game on the back end and so what that's gonna bore down to, it's gonna boil down to people making up their minds and actually come to play outside of the fact that whatever they call, we got to play what they call.
Speaker 12: When you say cowboys, a you're talking about the decent talking, I would say necessarily defense because I feel like the office.
Speaker 9: Has been playing That's all we're talking about all.
Speaker 12: The way up.
Speaker 6: I mean, when you would you forego and I'm gonna bring this to you as well, would you forego disguise to make sure your players are in the position to win. Being that said, we saw and I keep harping on my dog, but Donald in the positions where, let me make it, he's not a he's not a deep player, and he's more of that in the box player. Now, if you just throw him in the box, whether it's covered, three, down load, all that good stuff, it's easy for the offenses to decipher that, like, oh no, he's right, he's down here.
Speaker 7: I know what the deal is. So does that make it?
Speaker 6: Does that make it that much easier for offenses when your safeties aren't interchangeable and you can't just hang back and play right left.
Speaker 5: Brother, when you line up and we know where you're gonna be at you right there, he's gonna drop down, like we know, we know, we're like bet and now that thing is coming and it's it's it's so quick, right, it's one, two, three, boom ball is out and everybody knows it.
Speaker 10: Everybody knows it.
Speaker 5: So we're getting to a spot or we're getting to that open spot and it's it's foot bob And now the gods have top know that. So they're like, hey, now it goes from let me get a lesser player running that to yo motion out there to make that CD lamb this time.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 11: But but as as dvs, because he said they're gonna they're gonna attack it.
Speaker 12: They see it there.
Speaker 11: But I've been to some dB some defensive rooms where coaches is like, man one, we're getting out of we don't have the proper communication that's going on.
Speaker 12: We're getting out of spot. Man if it like if they offense know what's coming, let them know what's coming.
Speaker 11: Let's play it right here so we can be comfortable, so we can play faster. Because most importantly, it's about who plays the game the fastest and that the best. So it's DB's would y'all say that, hey, after what has happened. If you're on the Cowboys right now these first two weeks, are you still disguising it and saying, coach trust us, we're gonna get it right this week. Or are you gonna say, coach scrap that, we gotta go there. I want it from both of y'all.
Speaker 6: I'm saying you gotta steal disguise unless you had a hell of a pass rush.
Speaker 7: Like, if you had a pass rush, then I'm like, right, what we is?
Speaker 6: We know the ball got to come out quick, but since they don't have that at least as of right now, you gotta at least buy that defensive line of extra tick an extra second by disguise and en forcing a quarterback to think post snap.
Speaker 10: Let's take I agree, No.
Speaker 8: I'm just piggybacking. He's definitely right. You got to stay in that disguise.
Speaker 11: All right.
Speaker 10: Let's take our final break.
Speaker 5: When we come back, we'll make our game picks, and then we'll have the picks four Cowboys Bears game.
Speaker 7: I'm like six and zer.
Speaker 12: Right down. I'm up there.
Speaker 17: Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through whether you're maxing out overhead presses, pushing through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Kid.
Speaker 9: Hey, they're Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 13: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a Brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred Gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 18: It's game day and raising caves. If you want to order like a champ, It's action off the field. You need to focus on. The Only play you're running is chicken. So what condo are you picking? Make it a perfect season. We've got tailgates of hand battered cook to order, chicken fingers and cane sauce, and jugs of freshly made tea and lemonade, all available.
Speaker 7: To order online are on our app.
Speaker 18: This season is about to be unbeatable, raising Caines chicken fingers, one.
Speaker 19: Love, Hey Cowboy for his Keith Davis here forming Cowboys Savany.
Speaker 10: Pete Davis whif of the alzol.
Speaker 19: We know what separates Champtons from the rest. Making the right move at the right moment. The blockchain dot Com. That's never been easy. The Cowboys became America's team by Strike Bowl when it mattered most. Now it's your turn, evsts like your icub with blockchain dot Com. Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys today to get started and learn more. That's blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys.
Speaker 16: To the players line.
Speaker 12: Are you a Cowboys super fan?
Speaker 11: The search is on for the twenty twenty five Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan. Now through September twenty ninth. Nominate extraordinary NFL fans dynamic duo game changers who reped the Cowboys would probably turn every game day into an unforgettable adventure.
Speaker 12: You could be sent to Super Bowl sixty.
Speaker 11: Enter to win at NFL dot com slash Fan of the Year to day.
Speaker 10: Yes, who do you become when you get that reading your.
Speaker 12: Jake State Park?
Speaker 7: You kill that.
Speaker 10: Coming soon you come when you when the lights turned red? You got that.
Speaker 2: Switch up?
Speaker 10: De Montree Moore you.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 10: Love listen. That's for the job that you want. You talk for the job that you.
Speaker 11: Want me some good voice actor read over to anybody. Everybody, come talk to me. Richter Carre Gaming, I see you out there, yes, sir.
Speaker 12: And.
Speaker 7: This is like that.
Speaker 5: I am Jesse Holly. We're closing in. The Cowboys heading out tomorrow to shot Town the showdown in Shottown. The Cowboys looking to advance to two and one on the season, taking on a very very desperate, desperate Chicago's Bears team. They're playing them at home. The weather should be a little bit of a factor in this. I told you it's supposed to be thunderstor.
Speaker 12: Y'all on the grass fields. It will account.
Speaker 5: Light rain on Sunday, but I'm not the weather man. I'm just telling you what the weather people.
Speaker 12: What they say. Get it out the mud. You don't know, that's ay feel We.
Speaker 10: Will see how that takes place.
Speaker 5: Now, Chris, I'm gonna throw it to you because I'm not as well versed on the picking of the games that you guys do here on the players lounge.
Speaker 2: All right, good, we'll do our picks. Okay, We're gonna go through a couple of picks here. First of all, let's go to the standings. How about that Barry Church went six and four last week?
Speaker 20: Congratulations, Anthony dor said six and four last week.
Speaker 2: Newis Grass is not here he did go six and four, okay, and so we got tied for first place.
Speaker 20: Demontre Demontre de Montre Secretary, you three and seven?
Speaker 2: Last three and seven.
Speaker 12: I didn't answer one.
Speaker 21: Whyause it was said to you.
Speaker 2: You didn't answer it seven, no.
Speaker 11: Matter what I'm telling you.
Speaker 20: So we will start the picks for thee So we're not here all day, all right, So let's go to the first pick, and we're gonna go Houston is playing at Jacksonville.
Speaker 2: And we know who.
Speaker 6: Dude, Okay, Texas, you start with me.
Speaker 19: Me.
Speaker 10: Man't been playing. They haven't been playing.
Speaker 5: I don't ever since Bobby Schlowan they got rid of Bobby Slogan. That office just hasn't been the same. That quarterback hasn't been the same. So I'm gonna go with Jacksonville. I'm gonna go with Jackson. Dude, I'm gonna throw give me, give me nineteen fourteen, Duvall.
Speaker 6: Is this an afternoon like at one o'clock? It doesn't matter, it does that Son?
Speaker 12: Was this a one o'clock? You know it is?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Give me give me?
Speaker 12: How about say Jackson? No problem?
Speaker 7: Me give me duvall? Twenty one ten?
Speaker 11: Man, give me the Texans. Shout out to my more Gerard Johnson down there coaching. They gonna get it right down there. Demico Ryan, Yes, sir, I'm talking about a smacking twenty three to Chevin Taine.
Speaker 12: Okay, m this this, this, this is Texas.
Speaker 2: I'm riding solo divisions, you know they.
Speaker 8: But I'm gonna I'm gonna go with Demiko Ryans and the Texans trying to get that thing back on track.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 8: I want to actually want to see if they could try to rectify some of the stuff that's been going.
Speaker 9: On in the past two weeks. I know they're gonna be down there in Duval.
Speaker 8: I understand, and I know what Jacksonville is trying to do too as well.
Speaker 12: But like I gotta explain all that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, okay, here, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 8: Ah man, I'm gonna go twenty four seventeen Texans.
Speaker 11: Ab You didn't even have to say that. All you have to say was Demico been there, man, since he been there. They start off all to and they go to the playoffs. They got they got one.
Speaker 9: They got one of my favorite corners down there.
Speaker 12: They go.
Speaker 6: Yeah Stanley, Yeah, next game where you go to is Pittsburgh at New England.
Speaker 2: The Bird, the Bird for the Bird.
Speaker 9: Let me get this Firstburg got New England.
Speaker 12: Patriots got Patriots Drake May. That boy has been lighting up rather than I'm going.
Speaker 11: You said against the Steelers, I'm going twenty one for no no, no no, uh, Drake been putting up numbers. I'm gonna go twenty seven to fourteen.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna go. I'll take my boy, go heels, Drake May.
Speaker 5: Patriots over Pittsburgh fourteen to nine.
Speaker 6: Yes, give me the Burg all day, man. A couple of mistakes cast him last week. But give me the Burg seventeen fourteen.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm going Pittsburgh to getting Pittsburgh twenty one, twenty one eighteen.
Speaker 12: I can't wait for that to be a high scoring game and I will be all right.
Speaker 20: Next game we got got the Rams are going to.
Speaker 6: The Eagles, and oh we want to start this one because that's a game right.
Speaker 12: There, I started. I want the Rams.
Speaker 11: I like what the Rams defense is doing. That boy be Young is out there hunting. I got the Rams twenty for twenty one.
Speaker 7: It's in Philly.
Speaker 11: In Philly, twenty four to twenty one is gonna be a tight one game.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna go ahead and go with Philly on this man and taking Philly. I'm gonna go twenty eight seventeen Philly.
Speaker 5: Philly can't score enough points. One of my favorite offensive coordinators in this league.
Speaker 10: It's McVeigh. I love me a McVeigh run offense.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 5: And those guys are suffering on the back end and all the movement that they do. Give me Rams, Give me the Rams twenty four to twenty one.
Speaker 9: I forgot who they have back there.
Speaker 12: You know they got Dori Jackson. Burts me over there.
Speaker 6: Give me man, that's gonna be a gag. Give me Philly, though, Sekwan gonna take over on this one.
Speaker 7: Give me Philly d twenty one, twenty one, twenty twenty one.
Speaker 20: All right, next game we got going back to the NFC East. Las Vegas is traveling to Washington. Washington has a backup quarterback.
Speaker 6: This week, Mariota Mariota, Yeah, yeah, old was with the Raiders.
Speaker 10: Vegas is goo juice?
Speaker 16: Where is I like that?
Speaker 12: One?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 11: Give me the Raiders, man, Gino and Pete Carroll. Man, Man, stop stop with this disrespect.
Speaker 2: You're picking with your man.
Speaker 12: You got a back, You got a backup quarterback going in there.
Speaker 5: You got to You got a Mario who's been starting this league for a long time. He just so happened to behind come behind a high draft pick. Give me in Washington twenty four to twelve, and.
Speaker 6: With you give me the Commanders, let me get them.
Speaker 7: Seventeen fourteen, you stole my number.
Speaker 11: I promise you, I promise you. I got the Raiders and it's just flip the opposite way. Seventeen fourteen. Give me Gino, what y'all, I don't care what you're talking about.
Speaker 12: Yea.
Speaker 8: I tried to go with my heart last week instead of going with my brain. So I'm gonna go ahead, go with my brain this week. I got the Commanders. Give me the comm and there's twenty four to twenty four to twelve.
Speaker 20: Man, all right, my next game I got for you, guys, Denver at the Chargers.
Speaker 2: That's a good game too.
Speaker 6: My boy herb man, you know, my boy Urban balling too.
Speaker 7: Man, give me, give me Urban the Chargers. Man, give me Urban the Chargers scaredy eight, you're scared of the coach twenty eight twenty one, twenty eight twenty one.
Speaker 10: Yeah. I've always been like a low key Herbert fan. I do.
Speaker 5: I like I like it. I like him as a player, like all his attributes.
Speaker 2: And then the church is the president of the fan. Call over to him. He can probably get a stamp for you.
Speaker 5: And then of course they're started running back as also tarhel too.
Speaker 6: Give me there's a lot of tar Hills out there.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be this might be that, this might be the game of the week. Actually, these two teams are really good. But give me the Chargers twenty four seventeen.
Speaker 9: Which got traight.
Speaker 11: I got the I got the boy down there, Sean Payton, big boat Nicks is coming to town. Twenty eight twenty one.
Speaker 8: Now remember ri with charges, what they've been doing this year, and so I'm gonna go charges, give me hold of give me twenty eight No, no, no, give me.
Speaker 9: They're gonna be chargers. They're putting up some numbers too, so give me pass charges. Thirty two, thirty two, twenty four.
Speaker 7: See what Dandy Downs did to them boys last week?
Speaker 12: Exactly? You think they have to happen? All right?
Speaker 2: I always put this one in here for church.
Speaker 20: We got call of duty versus the San Francisco forty niners.
Speaker 7: Give me call of duty, Give me call of duty.
Speaker 12: San fran ain't.
Speaker 6: Ain't got a lot of people out there right now. They hurting call of duties too. And oh you know we got off the got off the sticks, so.
Speaker 7: Yeah, let me get call of duty. Twenty four twenty one.
Speaker 10: Colin is always weird to me. He's always been a.
Speaker 2: Little yeah yeah. College.
Speaker 21: They put that in his contract, man, you know, so now you know, except man.
Speaker 8: Boy, this this this is up because they ain't neither one of these on my rated for real, right right off, for real.
Speaker 9: But I'm gonna go.
Speaker 12: Uh, I'll go.
Speaker 9: I'll go Arizona because I know, I know, I know, pretty hurt right.
Speaker 7: Now, right zones in there.
Speaker 12: So I'm.
Speaker 9: Arizona. Got my man James Connor.
Speaker 12: Is there is it in Arizona?
Speaker 2: Is at San Francisco?
Speaker 12: Yeah, you got, I'm.
Speaker 5: Going with Then there's anything, thank you, anybody that can get a backup quarterback ready to go exactly how And plus Colin Murray, he's coming off a little bit of controversy. Colin Murray is a little bit of a of a of a brick with a P in front of it, you know. He he uh, he did a little thing the other day where he had uh he did a little photo shoot and the dogs.
Speaker 12: Yeah he said, he said, brick with a P.
Speaker 10: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. He had a vic jersey on.
Speaker 2: Like the white.
Speaker 12: I get it, I know.
Speaker 10: And Colin knew exactly what he knew what he was kind of knew exactly what I was doing.
Speaker 12: I mean, he got his little bow. Wow. You remember when he was on the.
Speaker 5: He said, give me the Niners, give me the Niners seventeen to fourteen.
Speaker 11: Okay, And I got the Niners too, y'all doing this disrespect. Y'all seen Matt go in there and get him a dub against the Saints last week.
Speaker 12: Stick back to get two of them in the row.
Speaker 11: Let's go nine ers a Z I got twenty one, nineteen nine ers.
Speaker 12: Let's go next one up, give me.
Speaker 20: Something we got the fighting Dan Campbell's against This is probably the game of the week. Fighting Dan Campbell's at Baltimore.
Speaker 11: I'm working it all because you know why the great legend Derry Aggie, Dan Campbells. They read, Hey, they energize it. Kevin Shepard's down there, sec ball.
Speaker 12: Let's go.
Speaker 11: We there, Detroit over the Ravens thirty one to twenty five.
Speaker 6: It's in Baltimore, right, that's correct. Yeah, y'all seen last time they went out.
Speaker 7: I'm going give me Baltimore everyon.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna be so low on this one.
Speaker 7: Thirty five seventeen.
Speaker 5: You can talk conferences all you want. The quarterback for the Baltimore Ravens went to Louis VI. I's a acc school too.
Speaker 2: Time.
Speaker 10: Give me two times VP out there and in Baltimore. When they when they do them, when they do the wire whistle, what's my boy name?
Speaker 5: In the WII they call Omar the Omar whistle. I got Baltimore, I got Baltimore, thirty.
Speaker 8: Lions twenty four, I got Baltimore. Give me Baltimore twenty eight. Give me Lions twenty one.
Speaker 12: The great words of zero all.
Speaker 2: I gotta all right, last one. Cowboys at Chicago.
Speaker 10: Cowboys at Chicago.
Speaker 5: This game to me. I gave it to on the last yow. I'll give you guys the same little tidbit.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 5: Can you tell me who was the NFC Offensive Player of the Week in Week one?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 7: I know this one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, whoever playing the Chicago Bears McCarthy got McCarthy.
Speaker 12: I wanted, I wanted. I wanted them to get the naxt.
Speaker 5: Errick Golf was the play officer Player of the Week when they played. Yeah, I can tell you coming into this game, the NFC Officer Player the Week is probably gonna be Dak Prescott. I do think this game will be a shootout. I think the team who has the ball last will win this game.
Speaker 7: Close.
Speaker 5: I think the Cowboys will have the balls last. Dak Prescott would do what he does and he will need it, just won't be on the leg of Brendan Aubrey. Gonna be down four. He's gonna march down the field, score touchdown.
Speaker 12: Give me the.
Speaker 5: Cowboys thirty one, Cowboys thirty one, Chicago twenty seven.
Speaker 8: I'm going downas Cowboys to give me the Cowboys. I'm gonna go Cowboys twenty four. I'm gonna go to Chicago twelve.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well me give me, give me the Cowboys. I don't think it's gonna be particularly close. No, give me thirty four to thirty one. Cowboys thirty four, thirty one. Give me Cowboys thirty one Chicago seventeen.
Speaker 12: Got Cowboys thirty one Chicago. Yeah. I think y'all know what it's gonna be.
Speaker 7: I hope it's the right one one one.
Speaker 11: Score game. I think Cowboys are gonna go out there. It's gonna I think there's gonna be tight for those first two quarters. I think the third quarter is where we're gonna see that like separation start to come. Heah, we got to to score thirty one Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Is all right, and that's we'll do it right there for the players Lounge, thank you all for being here, for Church de.
Speaker 10: Montree, for Anthony Door Second. I am Jesse Holly. This is the players Lounge.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.