Speaker 1: Do I remove Darlin Deep Speedways Peas Doll.
Speaker 2: From the Baptist Health Studio. This inside the Baptist Health Training Complex. This is Drivetime with Travis Wingfield.
Speaker 1: Please go my havans in the playoffs?
Speaker 2: What is up?
Speaker 3: Dolphins? And welcome to the Draft Time Podcast. I am your host, Travis Wingfield. And on today's show, a jam packed episode of fun. When we're gonna talk to Dolphins offensive tackle Zach Seeler. I'm gonna welcome in Kyle Krabs and we'll sandwich the week fifteen NFL picks between those things from the Baptist Health Studios inside the Baptist Health Training Complex.
Speaker 2: This is the Draft Time Podcast. Hey Da, what's up, guys?
Speaker 3: And welcome into the Baptist Health Studios for another episode of Dolphins HQ slash Drive Time.
Speaker 2: My guest today, No no, no? Then Sacks Seilers what I call him? But Zach? What's up?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: How are you doing today?
Speaker 4: Good? Hey?
Speaker 2: You guys doing not too bad? Man? So my first question is Week fourteen.
Speaker 3: Right, you've played a lot of snaps every year, really up to this point of your career, you play was it eighty percent of the snaps? Pretty much every single game. What's that process like for you to go through a week and get ready to play that workload every single week at that position where it's so demanded.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it starts as soon as that last games over. It starts right away. I mean, actually this year we're fortunately we got cold Plunge in the house, so we hit that every day as much as I can hot tub and then just really kind of standing on my what is underlooked I think, and we can overlook nutrition. A lot of people will kind of go with boots or this or that, all these different gadgets, and sometimes it's as simple as just hey, sweets can cause inflammation, stuff can cause like water and just eating healthy and that's my biggest thing that's to focus on during the weeks.
Speaker 2: So my nighttime ice cream is not doing me a favor.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what though. That might be my weakness too. Adding to chocolate chip cookies just too good. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: So the cold Plunch couldn't fit in the RV back in the day that I'm guessing.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, I don't think I got some inflatable zone.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, you might be able to make that work. So office, big win over the New York Jets. You guys get some some late game really all three phase. The defense pushes the Jets back for that field goal Malik, the big kick return two, and the offense goes on the field. What was that like for you guys in a situation where you kind of had to have that game to make all those big plays take us in the kind of feeling of the team after that big win.
Speaker 4: Man, it was great to be able to go through those highs and lows to the entire game and then to come at the end of the game with that kind of momentum. I'm really starting with saying on that punt we had from Jake Bailey and just just go out there and just stop them right there, and then the defense to go out and get the three and out or whatever for one first down, and then the offense to go drive the field. It was just awesome to have that kind of just all three phases firing all cylinders at the end of the game and ready to roll that. We just got to make sure we harness that and just emulate that every week from here on out.
Speaker 3: What was your message to the guys on that drive, because you get the you know, they have the big completion Blazaard that gets them into field goal range. Then you go TfL from Benito, you have the big sack, and then Kendall makes the play where they get Adams out of bounce, which I feelsn't got a bounce.
Speaker 2: We probably have a chance twenty seconds off the clock correct at least.
Speaker 3: Right What was the chat in that huddle before those plays, because that's a spot where teams could like, you know, what, was us, We're gonna lose another tight game.
Speaker 2: You guys stepped up and made plays right there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's it's it's I mean, I talk them with a walk. It was literally, it's, hey, look we need three plays. We just need to make three plays. They're in field goal range. We either try to knock them out of it by getting some TFLs and get some negative plays, or we can get this clock stopped. And that's what we made sure we did, and we're thankful we were able to make those plays and do that. And even then the game wasn't over. I mean then you had to go out there and do the kickoff and then the offense had to go drive the field. So it was just one third part of the the finish of that game to will to take it to overtime.
Speaker 3: Have you guys gotten to the point now where it's like two has the ball weight you kind of feel like we're in good hands right here.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's been great, man. It's just seeing that offense click and how they're rolling, the technicality between him and or just I guess the precision and are more sos I'm looking forward him, the receivers, O line run everybody Johnny and those It's just everyone's just clicking like that at the end of the game. Is just awesome to.
Speaker 3: See that touchdown and two point conversion had to be so tied, like it had to be perfectly timed up, and they both were big plays in that game. So I mentioned the sack that was your sixteenth of the last two years, six this year, ten last year. Did you know that you have the second most sacks among defensive tackles in the leagues in the beginning of last year.
Speaker 4: I heard that this morning. I did not as of last night or until I heard that this morning, And I think it just honestly just a huge blessing God being to gift me with be able to stay healthy. I mean, we all know it's a huge part of this game, and be able to be out there and make those plays, it's just an awesome experience. Able to do that for myself and the team and Bill make those big plays in those last few minute drives and really taken close out the game.
Speaker 3: It seems like whether maybe I'm on social media too much. Mike wuld say that I am, But I always see like, oh, Zack Sealer so underrated. It's like he has the second most sacks, a monk like Chris Jones is behind you in the stat Like the guy that everyone says is the best defensive tackle in football has less sacks than Zach Sealer. So I always see this comment wry about how you're the most underrated player in the league, and I was curious, do you hear that? Have you heard that from obviously not friends and family, but have you heard it from just the discourse, And what's your kind of take on that.
Speaker 4: Over the years, I've heard it, and honestly, early on it was a chip on my shoulder. I'm like, you know what, good, Okay, I can make that work and I still love to have that there, and I still love to think, Okay, hey, I still haven't done I still have improved, and that's what I kind of helped motivate myself, besides my name, besides doing it for the family and doing it for the Dolphins. But honestly, i'd love to think that now I'm kind of making that statement where it's like, hey, look, it's not like that anymore. And I know I'm a serious competitor in the league and I can go out there and make those impactful plays at the most meaningful moments.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're scoring playoff touchdowns. You're running over the Titans quarterback on the goal line last year after a pick like it's pretty hard to go too the radar when you make that many splash plays. Speaking of splash players, you play alongside of a guy who's done it for sixteen seventeen years now in koalas Campbell, and he mentions you all the time you talk about him and how much you guys have helped each other. How did that click so quickly for guys that got together in the first year and all of a sudden, you guys play off each.
Speaker 2: Other so well.
Speaker 4: It's honestly, especially when they're playing in there like that, it's it's a relationship. I mean, not to make it weird, but like it's, hey man, how do you see the game? It's taking that extra time, that extra tape and like what are you thinking here? And then I'm like, this is how I see it. I want to be able to see it from your lens. That's something and Christian had going four years in a row. Was hey, really three years? At first you were kind of just figuring things out ourselves, but once we kind of got that rhythm going, it was like, Okay, this is how I know he's gonna play it. I need to play it like this now without talking, without that unspoken word out there. And that's what kalayis and I with him being such a veteran of me being more on that veteran side of things nowadays, is being able to get that going asap and not taking a year or two and be able to make that happen right now.
Speaker 2: So you guys were able to build that within the first season together.
Speaker 3: Like, so you is that you said, it's not a spoken bond, like you kind of just feel off of each other.
Speaker 4: During the game, so you know, it's a it's a ton of talking and sitting down and watching tape and that Okay, hey they're doing this here. I think I'm gonna do this. I'll probably play it like this. Okay, Yeah, I can do this to help you out there or help work off you here. But then when you're out there, you're not sitting there talking like, hey, if this comes here, you've already talked those talks and you already know what's going to happen, and you can be proactive.
Speaker 2: It seems to really show up in the pass rush games. You I call the stunts.
Speaker 3: You guys, ron Like, you got so much production off those twists and those those pickstons, right, that's a pretty big part of it too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we love doing that, and I think it helps us up frontward. It makes a cleaner makes it cleaner for us as rushers, and we can play off each other very well. And having guys that are unselfless, because you know, sometimes you're just a sacrificial lamb in those games and sometimes you're the one that comes free. So it's just how the chips fall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's fun to watch the way you guys work together and under coach Clark of course, the one that kind of puts all together. You know, he's been here since I got here, so he's kind of one of my guys.
Speaker 2: And you as well.
Speaker 3: Just tell us a little bit about coach Clark. What's something maybe we don't know about him in terms of how he leads and motivates. And I know he's a little bit loud. You can hear h much training camp in the practices, but yeah, tell us about coach Clark a little bit.
Speaker 4: Became man, He's an amazing coach. He's really helped step my game up over the years. And I'll tell anyone coming in here. I tell all those guys you can ask the new guys out here. A few weeks ago. I'm like, look, he's gonna make you mad what he does. He's gonna find what makes you mad. He's know what to push that button, and he's gonna push it just to make you more mad, to get you, to motivate you. And when he's doing that, I'm like, it's like, hey, look his technique. He knows what he's teaching, he knows what he's doing. He's so almost overcoached to a point where like you basically were not practicing to practice, you're practicing until you can't do it wrong. And that's something we really focus on every day with all of our individual drills, with all our reps, and and he focuses on and we don't. We don't ever fall fall back or relent. It's like, hey, look like today, that's just slow day. Let's take it. He's a not like we're gonna get after it. Make sure we're doing this right.
Speaker 3: So he must, he must really kind of fall back on you to be the conduit for the rest of the room because you convey that message to the players, like, look, he's doing this for your best interest.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Absolutely, he knows that. He knows like, look, if you don't have your players on your side, they're not gonna they're not gonna do as the coaches are saying, and they're not going to do this. So it's a two way street, and it's it's it's working with him and us working together to make those practices meaningful.
Speaker 3: What's the mindset here coming up for a big game and Houston got a road trip here ahead, a chance to get back to five hundred for the first time since Week two. What's your the teams team's mindset going into this game?
Speaker 4: Man it's one more game. It's one more game. It's playoffs. For us, it's it's go out there, study the tape, do extra get the extra body work, the clean eating, all that stuff we kind of talked about before, and the extra time in the tape room to really take it. These are guys that we don't play often. Man. Well, I guess we have the last couple of years, but they're not typically on the schedule. And to be able to take it to these guys and to adjust to how they play the game and how they how we can play and play them at best.
Speaker 3: Looking forward to it should be a fun one. Two more questions here for you real quick. First year as a father playing in the league. How has that changed your approach to football and life? Everything changes?
Speaker 4: Ye, it does. Man, It's been such a blessing. He is just as the little terror is the best way possible. Man. I know, but you know, I've I started waking up earlier to actually do the plunge and stuff in the mornings, and I just had to do that that much earlier now. But it's kind of cool with the time we come in and able to he wakes up at like six point thirty on them dot. So it's really special that I can go in there. I'll wake him up, I'll get him out of his crib, you know'll change him, kind of play with him about ten minutes before coming in, and it's just such a rejuvenating feeling, Like this just shows you's like, hey, this is why I'm doing this, like for him, for my family and everything really had those moments with him were special. So it's been it's been awesome.
Speaker 3: It's the stress reducers play with your kids. Yeah, it takes with all the stress of life. Everything is just good after that, absolutely right. It's great to hear one more thing for you right here. We just had my cause my CLEAs this past week. Sealer's Safe Haven was the organization that you represented. Obviously your namesake there, tell us about that little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, it's uh, my wife and I started about two years ago, three years ago when we first kind of brought into in the light, and our biggest focus is really trying to get kids outdoors. I think a lot of times now we get so stuck inside, still stuck on our phone, so stuck in all these different things, and I mean, man, we were meant to be outside so I think just getting kids outdoors and trying to spark an interest with somebody where maybe they didn't have that opportunity. Now, So we go outside, We go see animals or birds, trees, whatever, go hiking, just enjoy God's nature. I mean, how he built this earth is just it's a really big passion of ours. So that's what the Foundation focus on, is getting kids outdoors. We did some stuff with the seminoles last year. We're doing some stuff in Missouri now where my wife's from, and hopefully we take some to Michigan and Tennessee as well, where we just kind of keep spreading out and just really just focus on getting another generation outside.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I love that. My rule as a kid was the street light comes on, you have to go inside. So I was outside all day after school, every single day.
Speaker 1: I love to hear that.
Speaker 3: Zach great stuff, Zacxi their Dolphins defensive tackle six sacks this year, sixteen sacks the last two years at second the National Football League among defensive tackles.
Speaker 2: Zachie Theer, appreciate your.
Speaker 4: Time, Thank you, ck you, I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: He really is the man nicest guy you can possibly imagine. Let's go ahead and take our first break right there. Come back on the other side, do the week fifteen picks, and we'll finish it out with Kyle Crabs and Segment three Drive Time Podcast your host Travis Wingfield, brought to you by Auto Nation. Important week in the National Football League for your Miami Dolphins are going to have to find a victory and they could possibly get some huge, huge help this week weekend. Things are far from over again. If the Dolphins find their way to four and oh, they will find their way to the postseason most likely. In fact, I would guarantee it. What was that Men's warehouse commercial? You gotta like the way you look, I guarantee it.
Speaker 4: You're gonna like the way you look? I guarantee it.
Speaker 3: All right, So let's go ahead and make our Week fifteen picks ten and three and Week fourteen back on the winning side of things. I also had a miscalculation on my numbers. I had given myself three additional losses compared to what I actually had, And that is why I don't do live math on the air, because I had to go back over my notepad that has all my picks all season long for the last like five years, and find out where the error was. It was back in like week nine. Got that fixed. The record is one forty nine and fifty nine. There are, let's see, two hundred and eight games in the bag. We have sixty four games left to go. It's a seventy one point six percent win percentage.
Speaker 2: Cue the music.
Speaker 3: We picked the Rams over the Niners on Thursday night.
Speaker 2: Did that game win? We don't know.
Speaker 3: We'll find out last night. I guess you guys already heard me. Take the Texans over the Dolphins. I just have to see it before I believe it. In a big game, in a big spot, the Chiefs over the Browns. The Chiefs are gonna get picked off at some point. It could be this week. If it's Jamis Winston, you know good Jamis, they will do it. If it's bad Jamis, it'll be absolutely blown up in the Chiefs favor there.
Speaker 2: I'll take the Bengals over the Titans.
Speaker 3: Although the Bengals against the Cowboys did not inspire confidence in my prediction they would run the table when they were four and seven. Was stupid because they looked like crap against the Cowboys after getting ran roughshot on the Pittsburgh Dealers. A're gonna win this one though, over the punchless Titans. I'll take the Commanders, excuse me, over the Saints when they go back home to Jayden Daniel's stomping grounds or last year stomping grounds at LSU.
Speaker 2: I'll take the Ravens over the Giants.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: These are some runaway games, aren't they.
Speaker 3: I'll take the Cowboys over the Panthers, even though I'm pretty sure that's gonna be a popular pick for the Panthers there. But just because the Panthers have come close doesn't mean they know how to win yet. And Dallas, as bad as they are, I think can fluster Bryce Young and get a victory in that pointless game that doesn't matter at all in the NFL landscape. I'll take the Jets over the Jags. Just give me a couple of Jets wins here in the next couple of weeks to make that draft pick fall down a little bit, and then, yeah, I kind of hope they do remove Aaron Rodgers from the lineup in that Week eighteen game if it matters for us. Otherwise, I couldn't care less. I'll take the Colt over the Broncos. I'm gonna pick Indianapolis here because I think that their game translates better into poor weather. In fact, why don't we go ahead and do what I like to do on the air and go live weather report Denver on the weather app. Is it going to be snowy? I mean, Richardson's going to be scattershot either way. It's not going to be snowy, but it's going to be very cold down in the twenties. And actually, man, Denver weather's so weird. It has a high of fifty four that day and a low of twenty eight. I know that the low means nighttime temperature, so just going to be cold, no precipitation there. But I still like Anthony Richard sim in those elements to be a better player than bow Knicks, who I still nix is better than I thought he was gonna be. But I think you've seen his ceiling and I think he's gonna be one of those guys where you get more tape on him, and I don't think there's like a second curve ball for him to adjust and you know, make an evolution in his career, because well that already occurred because you played sixty games in college and you're twenty five years old as a rookie, so I don't think it's gonna happen for you in the NFL. I think we've seen his peak already at the stage of his career. I'll take the Bills over the Lions in what is probably a Super Bowl preview at this point. I know Buffalo couldn't get a stop against the Rams last week, but that Rams offense is pretty dang good. The Lions, I feel like if they're going to lose a game to the rest of the way, it's probably this one.
Speaker 2: So give me Buffalo in a huge huge.
Speaker 3: Actually doesn't really matter, right, I mean, Buffalo actually needs to win to stay tight with the Chiefs for that first overall seed, because man, if the Chiefs go into Week eight team and we have to have them beat the Broncos, I don't want to see it be Blaine Gabber in that game. I'll take the Cardinals over the Patriots, although the Cardinals are tail spinning right now, nose diving after a really good month of October into November. There, I'll take the Bucks over the Chargers. This is the hardest game to pick for me this week. The Chargers aren't a good team like they You can't have Lad McConkie be your number one receiver with Quinton Johnston and Josh Palmer. They're all like decent players, right, But it's just like you're not going to compete against teams that have Mike Evans and guys that can you know, Bucky Irvin although I think he's hurt, but either way, will shoot. Josh JK. Dobbins went down. Their whole offense went down too. I mean, the only way they scored in that KC game was to run the football. I just think that the Bucks can score enough points even on a good Chargers defense. They need Baker to play clean and you know, and basically prevent the Chargers from getting their takeaway because its a long way they can really beat teams is that they went on defense. I'll take the Bucks on the road in Los Angeles. Give me the Packers over the Seahawks. I think the Seahawks have been kind of on a magic carpet ride, and the Packers, I think are going to do what they did last year and get red hot and win a bunch of games down the stretch. They've already begun that with wins over the Niners, Bears, and your Miami Dolphins. I'll take And what the hell are these primetime games? What are we doing Bears and Vikings? Why why Flores is gonna tear Kayler Williams's head off in that game. I'll take the Falcons over the Raiders on Monday Night. What's the point of doing flex scheduling if you're gonna keep Falcons and Raiders on Monday Night one week after you kept Bengals and Cowboys. We're gonna look back at week fourteen and fifteen in like early April and be like, I wish we had those Monday night games back. I didn't watch the game on Monday, did you. I don't care about Cowboys and Bengals. I'd there's so much content out there. I'm not gonna watch pointless football on primetime football. So that's my rant, Falcons over the Raiders in that one. Those are the Week fifteen picks to take our last break right there. Come back on the other side and welcome to Kyle Krabs. That's an ext Draft Time podcast, your host Travis Wingfield, brought to you by AutoNation. We do not have college football this weekend outside of Army and Navy, which is a fun game to watch. But that does not mean we will not have Kyle krabs Well coming into the show as we do every single Friday. Kyle, my friend, how are you And what is your Army Navy tradition if you have one?
Speaker 1: So I wish I made it a tradition, but I went one year, very very cool. It was maybe twenty to twenty fifteen, twenty sixteen Army Navy, which everyone was in Philadelphia and it went to like the last play of the game on a Hail Mary, and somebody in the box was like, man, I hope it doesn't go to overtime so I can go home. And I just can't imagine being in the box hoping for not watching more football, not watching overtime football. And when the college football season is done the way that it is here, I try to make it a habit to appreciate every opportunity to watch football. So my Army Navy tradition is to watch the game enthusiastically despite the fact that it doesn't have a lot, a bunch of pro prospects or anything like that.
Speaker 3: Does that answer surprise anybody from our great Kyle Krabs here. It shouldn't, Kyle. I want to get into college stuff here with you real quick. But first, you know, you inspired me to ask a question to both Mike and Tua on Wednesday from your film review, and I saw it too, but I like the way you broke it down, obviously, and so I brought it up to Tua, and I really liked the way he answered the question. But it was basically, you know, the way he was able to change the launch point on the touchdown pass to Tyreek Hill against what was a six man pressure, and Tua had talked about in his answer how they saw that same rep in practice and they took the outside guy and let the inside go go free, which obviously produces more a sack in those situations most likely.
Speaker 2: And it just kind of got.
Speaker 3: Me thinking about you know, you've i feel like you've always been very fair with Tua with how you've evaluated his game, But lately I've I've noticed a lot more conviction in belief in him from you, and I'm curious where that comes from. How much this growth has I suppose maybe changed not just your opinion of Tua's maybe ceiling, but the way everyone looks at this guy around the league, Cause I feel like right now, man, all the talk that's you know, used to be out there about Tua that was still negative, it's it's kind of going a I mean, there's the same accounts are doing it that you know, maybe for attention or for for clicks, but it's hard to find guys that don't see it with this guy anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the the most common theme amongst successful, highly successful NFL quarterbacks is confidence. It's not a physical trade. It's it's not arm strength. It's not ability to shrug off two edge rushers who got free runs in the pocket and then throw the ball fifty yards. It's not any of the physical attributes. We've seen quarterbacks of every shape, size, and skill set that have come into the league and been highly successful quarterbacks. And the common theme is confidence. And I just feel like watching Tua Tongue aloa this year with the amount of confidence that he exudes. And you've kind of heard like those that have been in the building alluding to that the last couple of years as being where he's continued to take steps forward, forward, forward, forward. I think you're seeing it in the public eye more the way that he broke down the question that you asked him about exactly what happened, and the recall of this happened, and this happened in practice with we had this protection and the way that they sorted it out and the coverage that we got. And you see so much of that in the public eye. You see it at the line of scrimmage. You see it with the way he quickly gets to the right reads and eliminates certain progressions to be in the right spot to start with his eyes in the right place based on the coverage shell that you're getting. What the content thing that he just did with Keith Lee this week, I thought was another great example of that, him talking about all the things you have to manage and process and that's part of the maturation of a quarterback in the NFL. And I think you've seen the fruits of that bore this year for Tua in a way that makes it really hard unless you're just gonna be unabashedly biased for whatever personal reason you have to be that to sit here and continue to cast out about who he is as a player.
Speaker 3: Well, a blue check mark on X does come with monetization rewards. If you get enough engagement, and he is certainly a lightning rod for that. And to your point about the Keith Lee video, if I was good enough at doing this type of stuff I would have so many of these cooked up already. When he comes down the slide with the styrofoam like takeaway container full of the two Prime drinks whatever that whatever drinks were in their Gator raye twitch, there are so many opportunities there for like another two touchdowns he opens up the case. I don't know, there's so many things you can do with that Dolphins win as a w comes out of the styrofoam container. I'd love to see somebody more talented than me in that regard cook some of that stuff up. Kyle, how do you think, because we've had this discussion before too, I think even before, like you know, this concussion this season and the comeback where that's when to me like he took his game to a different level starting with that Arizona Buffalo game, the two losses. But how do you feel like his skill set, you know, is maybe even more valuable in a landscape that the NFL just does not want teams going deep anymore. They want to put the roof on the top of the defense, and this guy is so adept in the quick game and the processing. I kind of feel like the way the game is transitioning more towards that he might be even more valuab valuable because of where he does thrive in the short and quick game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the cycles of the NFL, it's certainly in a lot of too high presentation. I think this is the highest amount of Cover two that has been called in a season by all NFL teams since at least twenty twenty. I think Cover three is at the lowest point it's been since at least twenty nineteen. So I mean that one high versus two high shell. And look, maybe the Dolphins are single handedly responsible for this, because if you look at individual opponent frequency of cover two called the Dolphins, I think they have like three of the top six individual games this season of highest percentage of Cover two that's been called against him this season. So you put out on tape for two years the explosive playability with the speed, and you have to adapt or die, and you've seen the offense stylistically adapt with more complimentary players, and he's at the point now where I feel like if you want to live in the world where you're going to give him two high shelves and a lot of Cover two and a lot of Tampa two which you've seen a lot of, and a lot of Drop eight trying to flood zones and force him make quick decisions. He'll make quick decisions if you want to pressure him. You know, that's where I think you see the still see the ability to hit guys against main coverage and pressure situation on time and move the launch point in the process like he did on the touchdown pass and they got I had a situational fourth down in the low red zone. So it's all part of just like building out your skill set. And I think that's really where he's at and the strengths of it. So long as he makes good decisions to protect him himself, I think you're going to play well in any number of situations or whatever the coverage trends are across the league and hopefully for a long long time. And you know, back to the detractor comment real quick, like the thing I see now is all he's a screen marcher. He threw two screens on the game winning drive. It's like did we just forget what happened last year like we always did, was throw the ball last two Like the last two years, he was like number one and twenty plus yard area or throws for like completion percentage over expectation and passer rating at just just yeah. And you know who else is a little a dot Patrick Mahomes yeahs of all time could not bring myself to care less about super efficient passing offenses and being able to move the ball and score a lot of points.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whoa, whoa? What was me right? You have a great offense.
Speaker 3: Let's let's go ahead and get back into the college game here, because that's why I always have you on the show here every single Friday. But we don't have any games this week besides the aforementioned Army and Navy game. Let's go ahead and start with this, Kyle, because for as long as I can remember, it was always Shrine Bowl was ahead of the Senior Bowl. They would play it at the Tropicana Field, and I loved the aesthetic of that game and that that dump of a building, and you would kind of get like a graduation portion of that game to the Senior Bowl from guys that perform really well, but now the game is out in Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: If I'm not mistaken, it's the.
Speaker 1: Same thing in Arlington now, oh it moved yeah, okay, yeah, Texas, all right, so that makes sense.
Speaker 2: And then if it's the same weekend as Senior bull.
Speaker 1: Or yeah, so the game, the Senior Bowl game is on the Saturday, the last Saturday, and the Shrine Game is like three days beforehand, on that Thursday, two days beforehand on that Thursday. So they're right on top of each other. So they want to compete. The Shrine Bowl wants to compete with the Senior Bowl.
Speaker 3: I'm curious how you think that could impact All Star weekend and how scouting absorbs All Star weekend because we've already seen basically the entire Colorado Buffalo draft contingency is going to the Shrine Bowl.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the competition is good for everyone. I think that's the first thing. I think the intensity of having it be a good thing to have more exposure and more time on task. And now the fact that they're starting to open up some of these All Star events to non graduated players with diplomas, like you can be an underclassman or not have your degree. And now start to participate in some of these games as well. The best thing that you can do is a player from a pre draft process standpoint is have as much exposure as you possibly can to NFL personnel and decision makers and scouts and those who are responsible for putting evaluation on you to get you in the league in the right spot to give you the best chance to be successful. So the increased I think profile of that is a good thing. And you know how Jim and Eric, who run those two events effectively put together their teams. You know that they've got great people around them. I know people want staffs for both of those events, and I am here for all competition that forces you as an event to be better because I know there's focus on like player quality of experience. And it used to be just like the Combine where we'd sit here and we'd run you through the meat grinder with six am to ten pm with meetings and workouts and bench press and we do that for four days and then you got to go out and do your on field testing and we want to see if we could break you. And it's less about that more and it's more there's more player resources that are forwarded to the players at these events, and you still get some of that at the combine, but you don't get it double dipped with some of the craziness that you used to. I think one of the best things that's come out of all of this is both events that have kind of done away with like public weigh ins, which you know, and that could be a very young, comfortable thing for a player to walk up on stage and look out into the audience and you see all these eyes looking at you, and you're wearing some spandex bottom half and that's it to step one and get your height and weight taken and your ring span take Like it's this kind of ridiculous stuff. So doing away with things like that, making it a better experience for the players, that more exposure, I think that's where the biggest win happens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you sold me, man, I don't No one needs that meat market. I mean it's ridiculous. That's a great point. Never need to see that for anybody, And I feel bad for anybody that had to experience doing that. How about this draft, man, because as we put a bow on the regular season in college football, you know, I think the quarterback, how you feel about the quarterback position kind of, I suppose projects how people view this draft class. I'm curious where you think this class stands up from years past, where you think the strongest positions are, and just kind of I guess give us the lay of the land of what this draft looks like to you as we sit here on December thirteenth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think some of the best positions in this class or positions that maybe aren't necessarily your most stereotypical premium positions. I really like this safety class a lot. I like Malachi Starks from Georgia. I'll have two other players at safety in the top thirty two, and that's Xavier Wats from Notre Dame. He's got twelve interceptions the last two years. And that's Kamari Ramsey from USC who's a retort sophomore transferred over from UCLA. You get your eyes on those players and it's very easy to like the skill sets that they bring to the table. I think this is a loaded group of pass rushers, guys on the edge, some guys they can play on the interior. I think the defensive interior is not quite as deep as what the edge group is, but the defensive front has a lot of good quality options. I don't think it's a great quarterback class. I don't think it's a great wide receiver class. I think it's a really compelling running back and tight end class. Like all of the non traditional premium positions are where I think there's above average to significantly above average quality options in this class, and I think that will be really fascinating to see. Every year the league kind of tells you something they think about that with how they choose to spend in free agency, right, Like, look at all the teams last year that spent crazy on guards in free agency, and you know there was some tackles, but into your offensive line. You look at a lot of the guys that got drafted on Day two early Day three, the vast majority of those guys like didn't win starting jobs this year across the league. So really fascinating to see. How Like, I don't think it's a great tackle class. I think most of the tackles that are up at the top of the class either have questions. Whether that's Will Campbell, who I think is a guard, whether that's Josh Simmons at Ohio State who's coming off of a torn acl whether that's Cameron Williams who's a super young and inexperienced player. There's just a lot of holes and resumes at that spot that has med a little apprehensive to buy all the way in on that.
Speaker 3: That's interesting because I remember Chris Greer a couple of years back talking about like having a two year snapshot of the draft and being privy to what's coming down the pipeline, and that almost kind of tracks to the Patrick Paul selection when we didn't need a left tackle last year, but you get him in the pipeline, you get him developed to take over for Toron Armstead in the future where there's maybe a bit of a weaker interior offensive line class to come back this year, maybe it's better this time around. So I think that kind of tracks too, which the positions you rattle off and like you to your point, we'll see you know, so much can change between now in March and then to April off the draft, but it seems like those are some positions Miami could be needing when the season comes to an end. Here, So really interesting stuff there. Let's go ahead and close with this, Kyle. We have the college football Playoff It's been much bandied about. I would love to have seen Alabama and Miami in the playoff.
Speaker 2: We will now get that.
Speaker 3: I want to see Cam Warden, Jayaln Milroll play a big important football games, but it's not gonna happen. Which matchups in the first round for you are most intriguing from a scouting perspective, Kyle.
Speaker 1: Can I can I go off the board and go with a couple of non playoff.
Speaker 2: Are they gonna play?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 1: Well, we know the pop Tar Bowl? All the Kynes guys are gonna play. They are they already? Yeah? Cam Cam came out and said he was gonna play. All the Colorado guys said that they were gonna playp Tar Bowl.
Speaker 2: Is that what's called?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 1: I thought that was just like the like the pop like you know the pop Tark. There is something like pop Tart Bowl. Yes, they have the best mascot in all football. I mean, well, I don't know if you saw it with the pop talk that that went down in the toaster for the halftime show.
Speaker 2: Who's the best part about the whole Bull season?
Speaker 1: The UH South Carolina Illinois matchup in the Citrus Bowl on New Year's Eve is one that I really like. There's some young talent that's not draft eligible. South Carolina has a quarterback, Leonora Sellers, who is a freak athlete. He's got some Anthony Richardson jeans to him as a player that they also South Carolina has the Bronco ne Girsky Award winner this year, a Canard, another one of those edge rushers who are impressive in this draft class. They also have Dylan Stewart, the freshman phenom that they have there. So that's a group of talent that if they play, and not all of them will play, but if they do play and they make the decision to play, that's a bowl matchup that I find particularly compelling. I don't think we can thumb our nose at Alabama Michigan and the rely Quest Bowl. You'll get some showcase of talent in that group. Obviously, Michigan from a defensive standpoint, you've already had Mason Graham who's declared for the draft. But Alabama from trench guys and guys that have been long tenured guys there, maybe they're looking to end their tenure on a high note and get a win against Michigan. That's a new year's Eve Bowl as well. I think there's some really interesting matchups with teams that have a lot of talent that you probably won't get all of them, but I'd be so prized if everybody opted out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, looking forward to that. I think we'll have you on next time around. We'll do the we'll do the playoff games. We'll circle back to that and get into those when they get closer. That's going to be next weekend to the game, start this weekend the bowl games.
Speaker 1: Imagine me not knowing anything other than the Dolphins play the Texans.
Speaker 3: He is at Kyle Krabs on social. Gotta remember that new at at Kyle Krabs, host of the Lockdown Dolphins podcast and Lockdown NFL Scouting offer, author of Touchdown Miami substack, and he is the NFL Draft lead for the thirty third team. Kyle, you said it all once again, Thank you as always, and we will see you next week.
Speaker 1: Thanks Travis.
Speaker 3: And there he goes, and there we go on a busy Friday edition of the Draft Time podcast. You all please be sure to subscribe to the show, leave us a rating, leave us a review, Go ahead and give me a follow on social at Wingfield NFL, and the team at Miami Dolphins. Check out the Fish Tank podcast Seth and Juice to Jamie Nails. Episode was again Nails. Check out the YouTube channel. The Zach Sealer on HQ episode is live right now, so go ahead and tap into that, and last but not least, Miami Dolphins dot Com until next time.
Speaker 2: Finn's Up. Caroline Cameron Daddy is Chronicle