Speaker 1: Hey guys, Saga and Crystal here.
Speaker 2: Independent media just played a truly massive role in this election, and we are so excited about what that means for the future of the show.
Speaker 3: This is the only place where you can find honest perspectives from the left and the right that simply does not exist anywhere else.
Speaker 2: So if that is something that's important to you, please go to Breakingpoints dot com. Become a member today and you'll get access to our full shows, unedited, ad free, and all put together for you every morning in your inbox.
Speaker 3: We need your help to build the future of independent news media and we hope to see you at Breakingpoints dot com. Good morning, everybody, Happy Monday. Have an amazing show for everybody today. What do we have, Crystal?
Speaker 2: Indeed, we do a lot of interesting things that are happening in the world. So what the hell is going on in New Jersey? It's an evergreen question, really, But this morning we'll be exploring specifically with regards to these drones that people are reporting. Reporters have seen them. The US government is not answering any questions, so we will evaluate some of the various theories that are out there. We also have some updates on Luigimanngioni and Cardibal Fox News segment where they're literally calling for Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren to resign from the Senate because of their comments expressing why people feel so much anger at the healthcare industry. Joe Biden issued a raft of pardons and one of them in particular is truly horrible. Break that down for you. We also have an update on Nancy Pelosi. She injured herself pretty significantly in a fall overseas. Why the hell are our nation's leaders so damn old? That is another question we will explore yet again. I think you've actually done some of the best commentary on those particular questions, so we can revisit some of that ABC News settling with Trump giving his presidential library fifteen million dollars to settle this defamation case. It's kind of a wild turn of events, so we'll break down what may be going on there. I'm taking a look at Trump's plans for a massive giveaway to crypto billionaires and the Man, the Myth, the Legend. Scott Wharton is going to be here to talk about his new book on Ukraine. Provoked really excited for that conversation and looking forward.
Speaker 1: To that one.
Speaker 3: He's like an encyclopedic encyclopedia knowledge is incredible. True, guys should see that book too. We have I think we have a copy around here somewhere. I was slipping through. The text size is so tiny and it's still like eight hundred pages.
Speaker 2: It's just incredible, unbelievable number of footnotes, and I just have the feeling that he's the type of guy who could just sit down and write it without even looking up.
Speaker 4: It's just all in there in the noggin.
Speaker 1: So let's help.
Speaker 3: Let's help Scott sell some books and want have links down definitscription. Thank you to everybody bringing subscribers. Really appreciate you, especially in the holiday season so you can become one breaking points dot com.
Speaker 1: We appreciate your support.
Speaker 3: We've got big plans in the new year, lots of meetings and things happening around here, and I think that you guys will really enjoy that.
Speaker 1: So if you want to be a fan.
Speaker 4: Specifically for premium subscribers, yes, we are.
Speaker 1: Of course came through.
Speaker 3: They're number one always on the list. Although you know, if you're not a premium describer, it's fine for those of you who can't afford it or just be able want to be able to watch for free, just help us out, like and subscribe on YouTube, or if you're listening to this on the podcast, share it with somebody.
Speaker 1: Really really helps us in the algorithm. In growth.
Speaker 3: We've had an explosion of organic growth actually on our podcast ever since the election, which is amazing. Most news organizations, which we'll talk about maybe tomorrow, are significantly declining in their ratings and others, but we have actually seen an explosion of interest. It gives me a lot of hope and a.
Speaker 1: Lot of hearts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's actually kind of fascinating who has prospered post election and who has fallen off. It's a very very mixed picture. But we're proud to be one of those news organizations that people are trusting in the aftermath of the election to make sense of the world. So thank you guys as always for that. And with that, let's get to New Jersey.
Speaker 1: New Jersey.
Speaker 3: As we brought you all the news on Thursday, the mystery was beginning and it certainly, it certainly had reached what I thought was the peak. And then even more drones began to appear even more lies from the United States government. Wanted to start it off with a friend of the show, Rich McHugh's report from News Nation. Rich, for those who don't remember, previously worked at NBC News with Ronan Farrow. He was one of the reporters who helped blow open the Harvey Weinstein investigation, as well as a lot of other stories that were buried actually by NBC News. He is a absolute straight down the line shooter reporter and here is his report on the New Jersey drones. You can see that he himself was skeptical going in, but this is what he had to say.
Speaker 1: Let's take a listen.
Speaker 5: I gotta be honest here. You know, when this story first came out a few weeks ago, as a resident of New Jersey, as a journalist, I didn't pay it much credence. I thought it would turn out to be a bunch of pranksters and this would all be over by now. The experience I had last night, however, changed the way I feel about this story completely. What I saw was more sophistic hid than I ever imagined.
Speaker 4: Take a look.
Speaker 5: One, two, three, four, at least five lights, six lights. I didn't believe what I was seeing. But what was I seeing? We're here in Central Jersey. We've been looking for the past hour. I think we've seen about forty or fifty of these drones. In fact, there's one over my shoulder right there, One after another after another. These drones appeared in the night sky. If you look real close, they look like fixed wing aircraft about eight to ten feet wide, colorful white blinking lights.
Speaker 1: That is not a plane.
Speaker 5: Definitely not an airplane. But what was it? Hours earlier, I was invited to join the Ocean County Sheriff Department. They launched their own drones to see if they could intercept the mysterious aircraft New Jersey residents have been reporting in recent weeks. The department says these mystery drones evade detection because they don't give off heat like regular drones. Why do you think that is? We don't know. It's just something that we haven't you know, it's not something that we've had our hands on.
Speaker 1: It's not something that we've experienced.
Speaker 5: Something they hadn't experienced until now. One of their officers called nine to one one after seeing fifty of them come off the ocean Advice.
Speaker 6: After we made contact with that officer that there were fifty that came off the ocean, fifty five zero. That was my reaction. Also, there were fifty that were coming off the ocean.
Speaker 1: And this is a sworn officer, a sworn officer.
Speaker 6: Yes, we contacted State Lease, We contacted the FPI, We contacted the coast Guard, at which point the coast Guard went out with their boat and they reported seeing thirteen following their boat. And then the coast Guard also advised that they went over them about three hundred feet and had a wingspan of about eight feet.
Speaker 3: So there you go all the hallmarks you might say, of a UFO full blown UFO siding. So I want to note a couple of characteristics. Number one, heat signature. That's one that has been well known all the way going back to David Fraverer and his initial encounter with the tic tack UFO. You also note that this is over the ocean that then comes on land. Three is one that happens what near a United States military installation. On Thursday Chrystal, we confirmed via a statement from the Naval Air Station Naval State Earl that there had been a confirmed siding over that And yet despite all of this we are told by our government absolutely nothing to see here. I'm again just going to show people the images you can decide for yourself. Some they say are commercial aircraft or fixed wing aircraft, small planes. Let's take a view. Actually here we have some of these images. Here's one from Flanders, New Jersey, December third, twenty twenty four. One of this is one of the early sidings. You can see lights there in the sky. All the images that we've pulled, by the way, are from the Associated Press and others that have been vetted.
Speaker 1: This one is particularly interesting.
Speaker 3: You can see that glowing or I will note for some of those who see the glowing kind of circular nature, some of that can sometimes be ascribed to a camera effect as it tries to lock in on the lights. But the lights themselves and the number of drones, lights in the sky and others being observed simply just do not comport with any traditional explanation of a private plane or a small plane or commercial aircraft and others. Keep in mind, all of those can be tracked very easily if anybody has I live near an airports, I do this Sometimes I open up my app and I just look up in the sky, and I can say, oh, that's American Airlines two three two coming from Orlando, or like oh that's small plane coming from you know wherever. It's actually a fun thing to do if you live near the airport, Yeah, it's fun. You know where the best place to do it is. Palm Springs are somewhere with totally clear skies. You could see everything that is up there. But my point is that in with all this, none of these you know, have ascribed tail numbers or others. They can't explain this one away, and yet they are doing everything they're damnedest. While the locals are freaking out, while the state police, while the governor and others are saying we have a full blown crisis on our head, the FEDS are the ones who are telling us absolutely nothing to see here at all, Crystal.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, their instinct is always, in every circumstance, extreme secrecy. But they want to say like, oh, it's nothing to worry about. And then it's like, okay, well if you can't tell us what it is, yeah, how can you assure us that it's nothing to worry about? If John Kirby at the podium, this man is very schooled in lying and obfuscating all the time about all topics. Here he is getting asked about these I don't know why exactly we're calling the drones.
Speaker 4: I guess because of their size, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well because of their movement patterns too, in the way that they're flying. You're right, I mean calling it a drone or whatever is kind of it kind of caught on. I don't really know why. I guess people assumed they were drones in the beginning. You're right, I mean, UFO is the is literally the correct terminology.
Speaker 2: But in any case, let's take a listen to John Kirby trying to reassure us but also trying to give us absolutely no information.
Speaker 7: If the President, as commander in chief, believed, based on the information that he'd been given, that there was a national security threat at play here, or even a public safety threat at play here, he would issue the appropriate directives to not only law enforcement, but perhaps even the military if that was needed. I want to go back to something I said at the top. There has been no evidence of any of this activity in or near restricted spaces.
Speaker 8: What the senator said in the letter, They said, in fact, that they've been observed maneuvering their critical infrastructure, sensitive locations, including reservoirs and military installations, and sided a concern from law enforcement about public safety threats because a MEDEVAC helicopter was prevented from transporting a seriously interpatient for care because of the presence of these drones.
Speaker 7: I stand by my opening statement.
Speaker 1: Can you make that make more sense?
Speaker 8: Because I think people in New York and New Jersey see drones assizement SUV over their house every night and think that that doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 7: Surely I understand why people would be looking at this and being concerned about it. We're concerned about it too, which is why we have the Department of Homeland Security and the FBI, my goodness looking at this, and we're taking it seriously.
Speaker 1: My goodness, my goodness. I like that.
Speaker 4: Ladies that are day. She's like, well, make it make more sense. You's like, basically not.
Speaker 1: It's a total lie.
Speaker 3: As I just said, the Naval station themselves confirmed the drone siding. Furthermore, let's put this one up there on the screen. This broke yesterday from the war Zone AX outlet. They do tremendous work over there. Drone incur this is all the way in Ohio. Right Patterson Air Force Base was closed on Friday night after the detection quote of small aerial systems that were spotted over right Patterson. You can even listen to some of the audio. We didn't have time to put it in here, but it is astounding. They say, drones quote ranging in sizes and configurations, swarmed the base.
Speaker 1: Quote.
Speaker 3: Our units are working with local authorities to ensure the safety of base, personnel, facility, and assets.
Speaker 1: I mean we have also.
Speaker 3: Had reports in Florida as far away, I mean literally all over the country. All of them same thing have in common, which is yes, they're overpopulation, but many of them are United States military installations. Here we have new Jersey state senator who has been briefed on some of the information, accusing the federal government of a full blown cover up.
Speaker 1: Let's take a listen.
Speaker 9: You know, this started as some questions and now it's reached the point of almost insanity. You think about a United States senator who has to go out with the local police to look for drones. That's where a United States senator is getting information. We had a briefing from the state police, the colonel and the State police. He was frustrated he had no idea where these drones are coming from. Not only did I call for a limited state of emergency and the FAA shutting down the airspace for drones, but also having the Department of Defense come in and answer questions. If the Department of Defense doesn't know where the origins are for these so called drones, then we're in trouble. So my guess is there is information, but they're holding it back. And now what you have is panic. Originally some questions, Now you have serious, serious concerns, and at the next point somebody's going to do something stupid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we are in ol blown panic mode.
Speaker 3: Now people are even shooting at him, apparently in some jurisdictions, even though authorities are like, please don't do that.
Speaker 1: Let's put this one up there on the screen.
Speaker 3: Donald Trump, President elect, says, quote mystery drone sidings all over the country. Can this really be happening without our government's knowledge? I don't think so, or I says, I don't think so. Let the public know and now otherwise.
Speaker 1: Shot them down.
Speaker 3: So you can see that's clearly wrote that. Definitely wrote that one himself. You know, it's funny if you think back to the Kirby one and he's like if the president of the United States thought, I'm like, well, does he think anything?
Speaker 1: That's just one right?
Speaker 3: Does he literal brain power to be able to think anything? Who's in charge of this situation? So look, that's really what we know right now. I mean again, at this point, sure, people are panicked. They're looking up at this guy, probably more sore than normal, and they may be reporting some that are you know, fixed wing aircraft, commercial aircraft, et cetera.
Speaker 1: But but, and I think this is the key.
Speaker 3: You cannot, as rich laid out there, as the state police and others have shown, there have been too many now encounters, you know, pictures, videos, reports from the state and local authorities to just wash this one away. Yeah, the FEDS they just tell us there's nothing to worry about here. I just don't believe them. I mean, look, we have two options. Either it's them or they have no idea. I'm in the no idea camp. I think that they don't want to panic people. They just simply have no clue what the hell is happening. And that again, this is exactly like other UFO sidings in the past, where They just hope that the public moves on. I mean, this has this has a lot of character. There was a swarm in Belgium in the nineteen nineties. This is very similar. There've been similar incidents that happened near San Diego, that's where the tic Tac incident occurred. There have been incidents like I just said in Wright Patterson that has now happened. But New Jersey is the most high profile. I think, probably just because it's the most.
Speaker 2: Populated off the coast of Virginia beach too, the coast of Virginia be Oh yeah, another significant And anyone want to tell.
Speaker 1: Me what's in Virginia exactly? Thank you.
Speaker 3: It's like, you know, it doesn't take a genius to figure some of this stuff out, and yet they continue to tell us that there's nothing to see. And so look, if it is a government program, I mean, first of all, that's kind of interesting, extraordinary you were able to develop a drone with no heat signature and to be able to evade all of these other state and local technology possible possible, Right, I don't have that much faith in our government. The other option is that we just don't know. It could be a foreign adversary. They claim it's not you know, and others. I guess theoretically it could be China, Russia, or it's just simply completely unexplained. But I mean, the truth is is that they are it's a full blown cover up. They're basically pumpany information fullies. I guess the good news is that the state and the local authorities are so freaked out because they have so many they have to deal with the actual people.
Speaker 1: They're continuing to pressure the government.
Speaker 2: So it seems like, and you can tell me if there are any additional theories out there, we can just run through the theories. So theory number one that people are just having like MASSESTERI imagining things I agree with, you can basically rule that out. I do think some like the Maryland governor, for examples, like oh my god, I saw them. People were like, that's literally a consolation.
Speaker 1: Relax.
Speaker 2: There are some of that going on, certainly, as people are taking in this news, looking up at the sky, seeing things that they just aren't normally paying attention to. They're like, oh my god, I saw on. There is some of that going on. But the fact that you have people like Rich McHugh, Michael Tracy also was not one to you know, just randomly imagine things or you know, launch into some sort of hysteria. Gives me enough confidence there is something going on here. And the fact, you know, you talk to those local police officer sheriffs that are saying that they're seeing things as well. Okay, I don't think it's all just people imagining things. The possibility that to me has the most merit is that it's the US government, which is would explain how they could be like, it's nothing to worry about. But also we're not going to tell you what it is. I mean, their instinct is always secrecy. They keep things secret even when they shouldn't keep them secret. So if they have some sort of technological development that they don't want people to be in on, like, it's plausible to me that that's what's going on. There's one theory that's floating out there that they're doing some sort of search for nuclear material or a dirty bomb or something like that. That's one of the Internet theories that's out there for why there's so many of them in this sort of like grid like pattern, et cetera. So that's one possibility that I think has some merit. Another possibility is that it's a foreign government. I think that's less likely because if it was a foreign adversary, they would be much more aggressively trying to deal with the situation. And I don't think they would be like if this was some sort of you know, Chinese, Russian, Iranian attack, as one congressman floated that Jeff Andrew dude from a New Jersey floated like, I think they would, that information would be would be provided to the American public, and I also think that they would be aggressively trying to make sure that the problem was dealt with. So maybe, but I think to me that's less likely. Another theory that's been floated is that basically there's been too much like eat the rich talk out there, and this is some sort of a sigh up to distract people from you haven't seen that one. Maybe that's in left wing Twitter, I don't know, but.
Speaker 1: Anyway, you're now in full blown.
Speaker 2: Like lu like Luigi MANGIOI this is an attempt to change the conversation for Luigi Mangione and healthcare CEO being murdered on the streets of New York. And so this is like a distraction tactic. That's one idea that's out there. And then the other one, obviously is that it is aliens. And you know, look, I'm a bit of a skeptic, not that I don't think that there's things that exist out there, but it's just that would be the most extraordinary obviously explanation, and so I'm gonna have to see a lot more before that's the one.
Speaker 4: That I jumped.
Speaker 1: Let's run through, right, So innocent government.
Speaker 4: I miss any that's pretty much.
Speaker 1: A project, rightbeam.
Speaker 3: That's the other one, which is which is which is what basically this idea of like you bring in UFOs and you create AO.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a siop.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's a fun thing, but it's more about for to invite government control.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 3: So everyone says, oh, well, we're just testing things. Yeah, you're going to test an experimental aircraft over a massive populated center. No, we have the entire state of Nevada is owned by the federal government. Basically, we have the Mahave, you have you know, so many different testing grounds where us no population centers.
Speaker 1: That would never happen specifically.
Speaker 3: Because of this, look at all of the history of experimental weapons technology do they do it over majorly populated centers.
Speaker 1: No, okay, so we can rule that one.
Speaker 2: Well, but do you what about the one they're searching for something, so they're not just testing the technology is actually being used for some purpose or The other theory that I softloaded is that the test is to see whether how people are going to react and whether there is going to be some sort of like a mass chaotic page.
Speaker 3: Theoretically possible for that to happen, you and have to believe in some like hyper functional part of the United States government which is like somehow not able to leak in one of the most extraordinary domestic syops in modern history, and it just seems unbelievable, Like, I guess theoretically possible with an extremely small team, but especially in the modern era, like how would that happen?
Speaker 1: The second is that just.
Speaker 4: Think all the explanations seem under right, right exactly.
Speaker 3: That's my point for how to open the mind. So then number three is this whole dirty bomb theory. I mean again, you know, if we have to think about what that looks like. By the way, all of the dirty bomb plans and all this and I went and look it's all published by NYPD and others because this is a theoretical possibility that major populated centers have been having to deal with since two thousand and one.
Speaker 1: This does not fit with any of the.
Speaker 3: Established search patterns or whatever of what they would normally do. Now, I guess theoretically they wouldn't tell us, but I mean, at this point we've had almost twenty years to contend with what that would look like for what you know, even radiation, et cetera. Also, if there really was a true threat like that, they would just evacuate the area or they would issue some sort of a guidance to the public. Well, there's risk ends of millions of people's.
Speaker 2: Lives, and we've seen in the I mean we've seen in the past both here with nuclear fallout and also in you know, Soviet USSR. There's such a desire to keep a lid on any situation and deal with it before the public knows anything.
Speaker 4: That to me, it's not crazy.
Speaker 2: That if they're the US government is concerned about some significantly like dangerous situation, rather than sparking a mass panic, they want to try to like keep the lid on it. And yeah, I think they're willing to risk people's lives at times, So it's not again all to me. All of the possibilities are far fetched and unbelievable, but like, that's what we have to work with. All a range of possibilities that are all relatively far fetched. So I'm trying to grasp onto the one that is the least far fetched.
Speaker 3: Let me also say, what was it the foreign government one? So well, okay, this is easy. That's actually the easiest one to be able to rule out, not based on having the technology.
Speaker 1: It's theoretically possible.
Speaker 3: China and Russia would have more advanced drone technology than US, but drones have to fly from somewhere. No, they can't just fly from the Russian mainland or the Chinese mainland, which means they would have to come.
Speaker 1: Off of a ship.
Speaker 3: Commercial satellite technology is widely available to literally all of US news organizations and others can buy it straight from any of these companies. I could go out and buy it if I and it was like, hey, give me a shot.
Speaker 1: Of the Atlantic Ocean or whatever. It'd be easily found.
Speaker 3: So in all of these categories, you know, there's just none of them stand up any weight. I guess the only again, I think there's only two. I think it's extraterrestrial or it's the United States government secret program. The secret gut program just doesn't fit to me because of all the things I just laid out about so called testing, et cetera, or their quote unquote searching for something, you know, trying to not exert to uh, you know, have mass panic. Again, it's possible, but at this point in time, like, what could we really even be talking about, you know, in terms of what you know? The dirty PALMD thing is the one I've seen circulating a lot BI there's no evidence for that. It was just a random person on Twitter who put it out there. I mean, I get that it sounds appealing, but I guess part of what you're talking about is that, yes.
Speaker 1: All of these sound genuinely unbelievable.
Speaker 3: And that is why I think the FED should just tell us if they really have no clue. That should be like, look, we don't know, we don't know what it is. I literally have no clue what it is. Give us high resolution technology. Another thing this is a tell to in terms of the FEDS, where I think they're afraid is that they haven't activated in any US military assets. US North Command has basically been like we've been advised not to assist. We've not asked to be able to do anything.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: You know another thing that we learned, remember whenever it came out, you know, with the sea about that Titanic submarine and how America actually knew that all those guys died.
Speaker 1: After like a day, like literally the day of Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's another one, because they knew because they have exactly we have the entire sea basically wired with sonar and all of this other listening technology. Like our tech for all those place is extremely good, like and if they were detecting any of that stuff, we would know.
Speaker 1: I think they're terrified because they have no clue.
Speaker 2: Our tech is so good that we have a mass operation of drones.
Speaker 4: So I mean without what is it that doesn't give out heat? His signature?
Speaker 3: But I've talked about is I've talked about this before with the so okay, if that's true, then that means that an extraordinary part of engineering, of systems, of material engineering and all this has been classified from inception to date. I talked about this with the atomic bomb. The atomic bomb, theoretically it was possible, but.
Speaker 2: However, if the government knows about aliens, that would also require a mass, government wide cover up, so it also would require but you, I mean, based on your previous commentary, it seems like you do think that they know about some of these things that are going on, and that would also require an extraordinary, multi decades long cover up. So you know, it doesn't seem any less plausible to me that they're able to cover up this whatever this particular technological advancement is and whatever they're out there doing. You know the fact, I think it is telling to your point that there hasn't been some sort of military marshaled response. They haven't as local politicians have called for.
Speaker 4: Them to do.
Speaker 2: They haven't issued a state of emergency. They haven't shut down the skies for drone, you know, for use of other commercial or civilian drones. And so to me, that is a tell that either it's US and they know it, or you know your theory that it's extraterrestrial. I just think there is that is such an extraordinary and implausible explanation that it requires a lot more evidence than just seeing things that are unexplained in the US government acting where because the US government always acts weird and secretive, even about things that it shouldn't be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I totally agree, and I take your point on the quote unquote UFO cover up. Part of what makes it so extraordinary and annoying is that everything is about obfuscation, it's about terrifying, it's about nobody knows anything. They just know that it's not other things, and so it's not that complicated. Also, I would say that the United States government of the nineteen forties, which initially covered up Roswell and everything, was a very, very competent government that set up a program which literally could not exist today. So we can go that will take forever to go through. But my point of just why, I think that at the very least we can all agree that there's a full blown cover up. Let's please put a eight up on the screen. The new Jersey Governor Phil Murphy is saying quote rest residence deserved more concrete information on mystery drones. He sent a letter to President Biden on Thursday, urging the President to continue to direct federal agencies to find the origin of the unmanned aircraft systems.
Speaker 1: Quote.
Speaker 3: While I'm sincerely grateful for administration's leadership and addressing this concerning issue, it has become apparent that more resources are needed to fully understand what is behind this activity.
Speaker 1: He continues to.
Speaker 3: Put out tweets and others him looking at just one from last night where he spent the night actually with the FBI and with others who were in New Jersey to quote discuss drone FBI investigation into recent drone sightings quote, we are ready to assist the federal government in getting to the bottom of this. So clearly he's mounting a pressure campaign on the FEDS to try and get them to send more resources. I don't know if any of this will be successful. I think they'll just continue to try and to wait it out. But it is just it's truly extraordinary. It really is about what's happening here, and you know, it just gives me even less faith, I guess, in the government than ever before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is. It is certainly extraordinary.
Speaker 2: And you know, I have ruled out that it's just like nothing and people are imagining things, so.
Speaker 1: It's just not possibly on Yeah, at this point, it's just not possible.
Speaker 2: You got any faith in your man coming in revealing any of those classified information?
Speaker 4: Trump?
Speaker 3: Who oh, Trump well, first of all, wouldn't call him my man. But do I have any faith in Donald Trump?
Speaker 1: Maybe? I mean there's a bigger question.
Speaker 4: Don't really reveal anything last time.
Speaker 3: The question is is it even up to Donald Trump? Is it even something that's in his repertoire or his like of options.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I mean, I don't.
Speaker 3: Think that's the way that the system has been able to live for so long.
Speaker 1: But I could be wrong.
Speaker 3: I certainly hope. So you know, you could try, maybe you can get one percent. Even one percent would be amazing to be able to get any out of this. At the very least. What he could do is continue the public rhetoric. He's got an interest.
Speaker 1: You know, he has a.
Speaker 3: House in New Jersey, in Bedminster where they've apparently had sightings before. And one of the ways he can easily reel it out too, is that there's an FAA guidance so that you're not allowed to fly anything.
Speaker 2: I'd pretty in the married, Oh absolutely, especially with some of these theories about like oh, there's a secret dirty bomb and they're like, okay, I don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, And that's another reason that the FED should just tell people what's happening because people are gonna freak out.
Speaker 1: You know, you're gonna have mass panic. And I don't know, I'm.
Speaker 4: Surprised there's not actually more right now.
Speaker 2: People just seem to find it sort of like intriguing, Yes that's right, versus like really scary.
Speaker 3: Well, if we see anymore, you know, you were only like one incident away or something like that from really igniting something really bad.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I think it could be. I think at the very least, stay tuned.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go ahead and get to you some updates with regards to Luigi Mangioni and the media reaction, in particular this extraordinary segment on Fox Business where they took great issue with the comments that both Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren have made, basically saying, listen, of course, murder is wrong.
Speaker 4: We all know that.
Speaker 2: However, you have to understand the public reaction and how they see the healthcare system as itself being violent, cruel and evil. In response this Fox Business, I guess what is Joe Conca a contributor there?
Speaker 1: Conca, Yeah, a media.
Speaker 2: Contributor anyway, media critic, whatever, analyst was brought on to call for their resignation over these comments.
Speaker 4: Let's take a listen.
Speaker 10: This absolutely makes my blood boil, Liz, and I'm sure that's true of anyone saying and sob who advocates a civil society. These are including Elizabeth Warren. Bernie Sanders has had the same sentiment. Two US senators that we're talking about. They've been in office for decades and they think that shooting a father of two boys a husband in the back like a coward on the street, like this six ' sixth person Luigi Mangioni did last week. They're saying that what Brian Thompson, the CEO, had it coming somehow. Both should resign from the Senate for this rhetoric. They are begging copycat killers to come along and start taking out other CEOs or anybody in a position of power whom they disagree with or whose industry they disagree with. Every Democrat on Capitol Hill should be asked that they support or condemn this ridiculous, reckless rhetoric. The same kind of rhetoric, Liz, by the way, that Democrats used that nearly got Donald Trump killed twice, including once on national television. I mean, look, I thought that Obamacare was supposed to bring down the cost of healthcare and premiums, and the opposite has happened. Are we going to hear criticism from Elizabeth Warren about the architect of Obamacare or the president it was named after. Doubtful. Liz Warren and Bernie Sanders should be shamed into oblivion for this, as should every member of the media. By the way, that is turning this lunatic into a sex symbol. It's nauseating as a father, as a human being, so to state.
Speaker 2: The obvious analysis of the public reaction is not the same thing as advocacy for murder, quite clearly. Number two, hilarious for Republicans to parol Clutch over violent rhetoric when, of course Donald Trump was out there like calling for the military to be turned on his political enemies. Number three, the idea of SACA, the Bernie Sanders in particular, but also Elizabeth Warren haven't been critical of Obamacare is kind of preposterous. And number four, there's a later part in the segment, which it was like a five minute segment, so we don't want to play the whole club is just too long where he starts going off on AOC two and He's like, why don't these people offer solutions. It's like they literally have been offering You may not like their solutions, but medicare feral is a solution that they have been pushing for Bernie Sanders in particular, for probably literally.
Speaker 4: Decades at this point.
Speaker 2: So whole thing is just fake outrage over you know, what, has been a mass reaction against the healthcare industry in the wake of the killing.
Speaker 1: So I think there has been a mass reaction.
Speaker 3: I think what I'm begining, I guess I'm just starting to get skeptical that this is okay. Having lived through some leftist you know, justifications for violence and others, there generally seems to be an overestimation of quote unquote how much the public is with you. So just because something is viral on TikTok or elsewhere. I mean, BLM was violent, viral on not TikTok, social media or whatever at the time, but people publicly turn against it. So I'm not saying that the quote unquote rage and all of that isn't there. But I also am a little bit skeptical that people are full blown like, yeah, I'm actually like genuinely happy that this person has been killed.
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't. I'm not saying that.
Speaker 3: Okay, but you know there's but I mean, for example, there's this theory, like you just laid out, that people are like crying out for universal health care. But you know, if you look at the statistics, I mean, the vast majority of people are quote okay with their own health care plan or coverage.
Speaker 1: I don't agree with that. I think youro healthcare plan, coverage and et cetera is way too expensive, is bad?
Speaker 3: People mostly have affinity for their doctors. I mean a lot a small portion of the US public, some thirty to forty million, is genuinely like destroyed by the US healthcare system. I think those are the people who probably have been speaking out against this. But I also don't think we should overstate the case of like what all this is like.
Speaker 1: If the people truly.
Speaker 3: Cried out for universal health care, I think they would get it. And I just genuinely don't think that.
Speaker 2: You think you live in a democratic system where people get what they want they support it popularly, because that has not been my experience. I mean, if you think back even to the twenty twenty primary, right, Bernie Sanders is running on Medicare for all. Yeah, every poll showed that majority, large majorities of Democratic voters, even in states like Mississippi, supported Medicare for all over maintaining the current system. However, they backed Joe Biden, yes, because they were convinced that he was the only person who could be Donald Trump, and they were convinced by the electability argument. There was recent pulling i think from Gallup that showed the highest level in recent years of people saying that they believe it should be the government's responsibility to provide.
Speaker 4: For universal health care same as all though.
Speaker 2: And that's but I'm not saying exactly, but I mean that is a commitment to this should be a human right. Healthcare should be a right and not a privilege. And I do think even if you look at the polling in this election, neither candidate ran on healthcare. I mean outside of like, oh, we're going to lower a few prescription drug prices or whatever that was it, healthcare has been completely excised from the national political conversation up until this moment.
Speaker 4: But even with that being the.
Speaker 2: Case, with neither political party really pushing the issue, you still had people ranking healthcare reform as one of their top issues. It clearly is a system that causes a great deal of pain. Now you're right, do you want to take what happens on Twitter as always real life?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: But the fact that you had this same reaction across every single platform, I think definitely tells you that there is some there there. And there was actually polling that came out we didn't include it in this segment, but some pretty extraordinary polling, especially of young people, where Luigi Mangioni the killer has a higher approval rating than healthcare in the United States, health insurance companies and Brian Thompson, who's the slave and CEO.
Speaker 3: But this is part of the problem with the cherry picking stats like thirteen Congress has a thirteen percent approval rating. Ninety percent of people approve of their member of Congress, right. So the point is is that it's complicated in terms of how it actually manifes.
Speaker 4: You think people are actually satisfied with Congress.
Speaker 3: I think people like their congressmen or delude themselves into thinking that their particular congressman is the good one and it's all the other bad ones that are the wa It's like doctors. I've talked about this before. Everyone loves their doctor. Nobody wants to talk about why our doctors are wildly overpaid. Sorry docs, I know you'll crucify me for that one. Compared to every other developed country in the world, Like, this is the thing is that if you actually dig into it and you look all right, even coming back to the universal health care point like you just talked about, the government has responsibility. That's not the same thing as a single payer system. Right now, if you look at faith in our medical system, public health, and others, after you've just gone through COVID, how could you want the government to take over universal health care? That's insane considering the amount of bullshit that they talked and lied to us for over five years. So anything, America has become way more libertarian, But whenever it comes.
Speaker 2: To health you want big pharmaceuticals talking about what I want with this motive, and health insurance with a for profit motive. I mean, if you just look at our system compared to Listen, I'm not saying that every other country with universal health care where it's perfect and nobody has any complaints, but the cost is lower, the care is better, and people live longer. Agree, Like, it's very clear, And is it a universal sentiment in favor, No, of course not. But there's I think it's pretty undeniable at this point that this moment has struck a chord with people because so many Americans have had some horrible experience with the healthcare system and do experience it's as effectively.
Speaker 4: Cruel and terrible and inhuman.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just at its core, like putting profits over actually caring for people when they're ill, making sure they get what they need. That is an immoral system that we have set up. And yes, I think that millions and millions of Americans experience it as such, and that's why they're reacting to it so to you know, just like dismiss that, and I just don't.
Speaker 4: I just don't agree.
Speaker 1: I'm not dismissing it. I'm just not. I don't want to overstate it.
Speaker 3: I think there's it's trending and it's cool right now to talk about Luisi Imanji and I get Look, it's funny, all right. Like as somebody who's been on four chand since literally a teenager, I understand dark humor, et cetera. It doesn't bother me all right. Like if anything, I'm laughing right there with you. But I'm not going to overstate the case as some sort of like mass social movement. I just think it's a lot more multifaceted than a lot of people who want quote unquote universal healthcare believe trusting government is an all time low trust and institutions.
Speaker 1: I mean, the vaccine rate is now basic like following.
Speaker 3: I think the flu shot had the lowest uptick literally ever in modern American history. The number of people who are produsing personal exemption and are outwardly flouting government guidance is higher than ever. I don't even think any of that is necessarily a bad thing, because people are asking questions for themselves.
Speaker 1: Look like Medica but that's not.
Speaker 3: But yeah, okay, old people like when Medicare pays their bills, but they don't like whenever they get told what to do.
Speaker 2: But that's what But that's what Medicare comes down for all would be.
Speaker 4: Is It's not that's what Medicare for all.
Speaker 2: That's the proposal for Medicare for all is just to expand Medicare already a very popular program, and Bernie's plan specifically would just continuously lower the age until you have everyone covered by Medicare, much lower administrative costs, much better outcomes, you know, in line with what many other countries have done. So it's not like you're going to be going to like your government issued doctor. Although I will also say that the VA healthcare system is also much better than the private healthcare.
Speaker 3: You certainly listen. I don't disagree about health outcomes, et cetera. I just don't think we live in a society that can tolerate this right now. I mean I can talk about Japan all day long, but tolerate that can tolerate like literal government administration, rationing, and so in Canada and the UK, these are baked in social programs from World War II onwards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people too, they love they love Medicare again and social security. They like universal programs are very popular.
Speaker 3: They like it when the government pays their bills. They don't necessarily like it whenever they're being told what to do or in their rational care or whenever we had what was it There was huge COVID outbreaks and a lot of these medicare.
Speaker 4: So what do you think that the best solution would be?
Speaker 3: So, if you ask me about solution, I think we should have universal coverage, not necessarily single pair. I think there's certainly every American should have access to low cost health care, but a lot of people will not like what it takes.
Speaker 4: Together, like a public option.
Speaker 1: I'm not really sure.
Speaker 3: I mean, really it's about democratic because the point is is that we need to have sure that people have coverage. We also need to break up and destroy a lot of the cost vectors, which is private equity hospitals, which is doctors, the American Medical Association. The fact that our people are getting five times more salary than the average doctor in Europe, it's outrageous.
Speaker 2: I feel like there's a treatment of the American people as if they're this static entity that have their minds made up and we just have to like analyze what that is. And in reality, people are very like their minds change and they're persuadable, and you know, when an event occurs that causes them to think about the healthcare system differently, they change their minds and they open their minds to new possibilities. I mean, you know, previously in the early Obama era, for example, the idea of something like medicare for all, I mean that wasn't even on the table. Now there is large and potentially majority. Certainly some polls have shown majority support for Medicare for all. So I just think, you know, you can't just treat the American people like this is what they think, and that's that you also have to make the case for what you think would be a better solution to try to persuade people, especially in a moment of an opening right that right now, like we're having right now that previously didn't exist, I mean under the Kamalin Trump and that campaign and what was being discussed there, Like this conversation wasn't even on the table, and now it is. And so I think potentially what you're reacting to is, yes, the fact that a lot of leftists who have long said this system is immoral and horrible and we should not have a for profit system are using this opening where there is a national conversation happening about healthcare to suggest an alternative. Ye, there is absolutely that is going on. But I think that's a pause. I think that should be that's an appropriate conversation to have in this moment, rather than hey, maybe the solution is like murdering healthcare CEOs, which is obviously preposterous saying, yes, we understand why you're angry at this system. Here is a solution that would be much more effective, has been tried in other countries, would save money and would save lives. I think that's the leftist conversation that's going on here outside of just shit posting.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, Yeah, and there is a lot.
Speaker 3: First of all, there is a boomer tendency right and left to take seriously shit posts which are obviously a joke. So again, as everybody who's grew up on four Chan, it doesn't bother me, and I'm not reacting to any of it at all.
Speaker 4: You don't think bernieh resigned, No, I do not think.
Speaker 3: And by the way, I'm fine with analy I'm fine with the intellectual analysis of quote unquote justification of violence, because that's all of history is about thinking about why we have certain extreme reactions.
Speaker 1: Sometimes in the.
Speaker 3: Case of Luigi Cocks and what totally October I could think. But forever, I mean, you know, any killing January sixth, right, how many conversation we have here on this show. I remember talking about that guy who died of a heart attack, who voted for Barack Obama in Alabama and was a union worker who literally died of a heart attack while storming the Capitol on January sixth.
Speaker 1: How does that happen?
Speaker 3: It's an interesting sociological story, which obviously has major societal implications. So I don't object to any of that. I'm just what I am like looking at is this theory of like, oh, like healthcare itself is the answer, and politically it just has a bad track record. I mean, if you look at Obamacare destroyed in the midterms twenty ten, Trump then gets destroyed in twenty eighteen when he tries to repeal Obamacare. The general thesis to me, it seems to me, is when you screw with the healthcare system, people are pissed. I mean that doesn't mean that the system itself is good. But I keep coming back to that Congress thing where people say that they're outraged. But when you actually want to change something, or if they actually want to vote for something different, they never do it. I mean, so if you look at their actual voting.
Speaker 11: Patterns are different, like why they keep the whiplash back and forth. That's to the presidential parties, like there clearly has been We live in an era where people are consistently voting for change and never really getting the change that they ultimately want. I mean, you know, Obamacare is an interesting example because, yeah, people were dissatisfied with certain aspects of it, in my opinion, especially you know, if a single pair wasn't on the table, then at least having a public option there would have made the bill much more effected, much more popular in the short term. But even Obamacare, as imperfect as it is, over time it has been clear to people it did make some improvements, which is why when Trump tried to take it away, there was this mass reaction against going backwards in our healthcare system.
Speaker 4: So in any case, like I said.
Speaker 2: I'm not claiming that everyone in the country support suddenly supports Medicare for all. What I am saying is that when you have an opening in the conversation that wasn't there before, of course makes sense for people to put forward their ideas. For Hey, instead of having vigilante violence, how about we reform the system in this way so that we have less cruelty sickness, illness, bankruptcy, and death. This is an idea that could accomplish that, and try to push the conversation for it, because ultimately you know, otherwise there is no real change.
Speaker 3: Again, first, I don't even really disagree in terms of the sociological annalysis. I guess it's just one of the comments on the general politics of it. I'll tell you what doesn't help the general politics of it and gives a left disappoint Let's put this up there on the screen. Corporate America quote gets more reclusive following CEO's killings and fear in the c suite. After night, Healthcare CEO is gunned down, and now all of a sudden, you know, public officials and others are talking about Actually, this is my exact prediction.
Speaker 1: I was like, the only thing that's going to come out of this is that there's going.
Speaker 3: To be security guys out there, former Navy seals and others who are going to be printing money off of the quote unquote fear in the c suite, people taking down their websites like Bill Burr talked about as well. So this is obviously the ironic reaction is instead of talking about health care practices or whatever is that, of course they turn to, oh, well, we need to make sure that our CEOs and our executives are better protected against all.
Speaker 2: Of The other reaction has been to try to criminalize criticizing health insurance companies. Yes, what's going on in Florida with this woman who was arrested as being charged for inciting terrorism and threatening terrorism? I mean, completely insane for you know, repeating that I always get it wrong, like deny defend a Poe, repeating what Luigi Mangioni had on his bullets to some call center employee and say you all are going to be next, not even saying like listen.
Speaker 4: Threats have to be credible and specific.
Speaker 2: Okay, lots of people are out there, probably you and I just don't really look getting death threats on Twitter and all kinds of other places all day long, and unless it's incredibly specific and credible.
Speaker 4: It is not illegal.
Speaker 2: The idea that what this woman said is illegal is utterly preposterous.
Speaker 1: To post bail, do we know?
Speaker 6: Ye?
Speaker 1: She was even one hundred.
Speaker 2: Thousands confinement now, but there was some rumors online that they had dropped the charges. Her family is updated and said that they have not dropped the charges. They are still pursuing. This completely utterly insane. I talked to Ken Clippenstein, who has been doing incredible and reporting that the mainstream media has not touched on this whole situation, and he has been discussing how there have been you know, multiple people from within the national security apparatus, including incoming.
Speaker 4: Effectively terrors aresb.
Speaker 2: Gorka, who wants to use this as a pretext for additional crackdowns on quote unquote anti capitalist extremists extremism. So yeah, I mean that's if you don't reform and you have an increasingly unequal and cruel system, that is the other pathway is basically like security state crackdown, which is of course something that we have experienced over years and years of that increasing ratcheting up of the surveillance and civil liberties like going going away endlessly for the past I don't know how many years. So that is the other reaction we've seen here. And then this was hilarious. Kathy Hochl, Governor of New York, who is just utterly apathetic and unimpressive and every way you can imagine put this up on the screen. She's apparently according I like the way that Luke Goldswein puts this. Kathy Hockel is holding a therapy session with one hundred and seventy five corporate representative CEOs to calm the nerves of the New York City business elite in the wake of Brian Thompson's killing quote. Demonization of corporate executives is not new, said Kathy Wild, CEO and president of the Partnership for New York, who is leading this outreach meeting. So you know, this is her response, rather than trying to push for sort of any sort of healthcare reform, it's to hold the hands of these corporate CEOs. And you know, I expect that would be the immediate Democratic Party response. You have plenty of people out there who are not sounding like Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren, who are you know, are not trying to understand why people are so angry at a system that is so unjust barbaric and cool.
Speaker 3: Well, in this case, the state of New York literally runs on rich people and on conferences.
Speaker 1: Like their entire tax revenue.
Speaker 3: I think it's like fifty percent of their tax revenue is paid by a fifty individual something.
Speaker 1: Really well, yeah, it's insane in New.
Speaker 4: York City, some Gilded age stuff.
Speaker 3: It's literally it's and that's why these are non functional places. Places like San Francisco and New York. If you lose a single individual, that's why they're their whole. Like idea of taxation and the way that it works was great as long as you have like a moat around business. And that's why you need to reassure because what was that you know, what was Brian Thompson headed to from his hotel his shareholder conference, right, So like there you go. So without that and the hotels and the money and the ability of extreme the extremely basically the global elite to converge on New York City for business, they have nothing going for them period. Yeah, they just have their high social services. So it explains, you know, and these.
Speaker 4: Are their friends, these are their donors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly the way it works.
Speaker 2: One more piece here that I just wanted to flag. I will say, you know, I'm not like, you know, I'm skeptical of a lot of conspiracy the theories, but I am a little bit suspicious of the official narrative of how Luigi Mangioni was ultimately apprehended. In any case, Wall Street Journal had this piece saying that the way that they were able to apprehend him was this mix of new technology, advanced surveillance tech and.
Speaker 4: Old school sleuthing.
Speaker 2: The official narrative here is that they used all of this incredible surveillance architecture within New York City to be able to capture that one image of Luigi Mangioni with his mask down at the hostel. Then they put that out to the public. And by the way, speaking of rich people, this is a Tish. She's one of the a member of the you know, wealthy multi billionaire Tish family, owners of the Lower which, yeah, I learned that in this article. I was wondering because I noted the last name. They're part owners of the Giants. Anyway, very storied, wealthy, extremely wealthy New York family are in any case, so she is the NYPD commissioner, which is interesting and of itself. So anyway, there theory is okay, they or their story is, they got this picture, they put it onto the public, and then some random person in McDonald's is able to spot Luigi Maanngioni based on that photo call in a tip. The police are there minutes later and find the murder weapon, the manifesto, the bullets, et cetera. And that's how they're able to bring him to justice.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It just seems I know that they were getting hundreds, if not thousands of tips into this hotline. Is it really probable that this one tip they would act on so immediately.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I find that a little bit hard to believe. And some people were pointing out online that McDonald's kiosks do have cameras and some sort of like, you know, facial recognition technology at these McDonald's kiosks, and wondering whether there was some ability to use this private surveillance tech by the public officials, which would obviously be you know, extraordinary violation of privacy rights, et cetera. So just putting that out there that, you know, to keep an eye on the official story about how this or individual was apprhanded.
Speaker 1: They suspected it, then they checked the camera, and then they exactly right.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean, you get very much.
Speaker 3: I mean I said, it's not outside the realm of possibility. I've involuntarily been face scanned at airports where they don't even check your ID in some cases if you fly through a major airport like Washington, Dulles or elsewhere. Sometimes TSA is doing these pilot programs where you don't even hand the TSA agent your ID. They just scan your face and it pops on your boarding pass. And when you're bored in international flights these days, it's a it's a game.
Speaker 1: Like when you.
Speaker 3: Board, the default is that you're boarding by face by face scan.
Speaker 1: It's creepy.
Speaker 3: Nobody ever consented to, at least I don't remember checking a specific thing. I mean maybe even if it's a farce, just scan the boarding pass. It makes me feel better as opposed to like twenty three E.
Speaker 4: You're like, WHOA, that is creepy.
Speaker 1: I mean it is.
Speaker 3: And that's a private company, right, and then you think about the TSA and all that is there. I've pretty much given it all up after enrolled. I don't know, I'm enrollment to Global Entry and all of these other things voluntarily just so I don't get detained for three hours waiting in line. But that's another way the government gets you on a lot of these programs. You know, forty five million people have TSA pre check now, which means that their fingerprints are on file, that their you know, face and and others are inside of a government database.
Speaker 1: What are you going to do?
Speaker 3: What the alternative is they're like, screw you, wait in line. Oh you're going to miss your flight. You know, That's that's how they get you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's phones that can be you know, that's a position by the cops and Alexa devices and surveillance camera. That is one thing you realized too in the story about following this when it was a man hunt, just how many cameras are recording you.
Speaker 3: That's why I didn't think you would ever get away with it. I was like, there's just no way these days. I mean, they can track everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, but you know, I do think if he had immediately boarded a flight to another country before they had because they said.
Speaker 4: They didn't have a name, they didn't have really anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah until that photo didn't even come out until the next day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, his biggest mistake was not just getting on the train to JFK and going to I don't know, Zimbabwe or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he probably thought that they would have had his face ideed more quickly than that being able to apprehend him at Therapore, or maybe he wanted to get gone.
Speaker 4: I mean, I do think that's a possibility.
Speaker 3: We had the manifesto, the gun and the exactly which was done.
Speaker 2: And he had ditched the backpack with the monopoly money. So you'd been ditching things along the way, seemingly kind of intentionally. So why didn't you ditch the murder weapon in the manifold whatever? Who knows what's going on in his mind. But anyway, those the latest updates we have for you there. As Joe Biden reaches the end of his time in office, there have been, of course a lot of discussion about pardons once he has already given link to his son, and we had a whole new raft of pardons that I'll get into momentarily, but also question of whether or not he should and whether he will issue preemptive pardons for people who may be threatened by retribution from Donald Trump. Bernie Sanders weighed in on this question and said he was in favor of pardons for members of the January sixth Committee.
Speaker 4: Let's take listen to that.
Speaker 12: We know the White is considering potential preemptive pardons of those who've clashed with President elect Trump in light of what the President elect said to me that yes, he does think that members of the January sixth Committee should.
Speaker 4: Go to jail.
Speaker 12: Do you think that mister Biden should issue preemptive pardons for the entire January sixth committee.
Speaker 13: Well, I think he might want to consider that very seriously. Look, that is an outrageous statement. This is what authoritarianism is all about. Us with dictatorship is all about. You do not arrest elected officials who disagree with you, who undertake an investigation, so all of us, And I would tell you Christ and I think there are a lot of Republicans. You just heard Lindsey Graham make that statement. I think that idea of Trump is not going to go very far. It is so quite outrageous, so kind of interesting.
Speaker 2: He on the one hand says, like, yes, I think he considered that, should consider that. On the other hand, he says, I don't think a lot of these ideas are going to go very far the action as we could move on to.
Speaker 1: This, I just think it's kind of cringe.
Speaker 3: But I mean, like, look, maybe will happen, maybe not, I don't know. I mean, like you said, I find it genuinely unbelievable. It also just gets to the Biden theory of pardons.
Speaker 1: Of which I've been thinking about.
Speaker 3: Which you also floated. Look, I don't agree with pardoning people on the death penalty. But I understand the like moral and philosophical case. But considering that his people who've been pardoned so far are his son and then a bunch of crooks who are about to get to people who should rot in hell for the rest of their lives. While probably what most people would consider like non violent offenses or whatever, are people genuinely deserving of clemency, especially if you're a democratic, your leftist, or you said you're gonna pardon all these people, when you allow those people you know to continue to be in prison, I'm just very interested that elected lawmakers are the ones that are consideration. My son is the very first person I pardon is my son. Then I will follow with commutations.
Speaker 4: Kind of wild, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: So it's like, oh, so we're worried about the elected officials, the sons and corrupt budges, but not others. Now, look, I'm not a leniency person in general, but if that's your framework, you got to see a lot of corruption here.
Speaker 1: So that's what I would say to Berniesham.
Speaker 2: So so I think it makes sense given the threats against like people who were just on the January sixth committee whatever. I think it's reasonable to issue preemptive pardons there. But let's go and talk about what Biden has actually done already, because it is kind of well, let's put this up on the screen. So he issued a raft of some fifteen hundred's historic clemency package for fifteen hundred convicted criminals who the White House said, quote, deserve a second chance. Most of these commutations were for people who had been released during COVID.
Speaker 4: There was an effort, this was actually under Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: To alleviate some of the pressure in federal prisons and help stop this bread which was really quite significant within the prison system. So people who were non violent, who I think were towards the end of their terms were sent home to some sort of home imprisonment. And these fifteen hundred people were part of that program. And apparently in this mix of fifteen hundred people, one of the individuals who was pardoned is just one of the most despicable criminals you can possibly imagine. This judge who was in cahoots with the builders of these private juvenile detention facilities. That was part of a scheme to sentence kids as young as like eight years old to juvenile detention, some of whom ultimately several of whom ultimately committed suicide in these facilities because the conditions were so horrible and their lives were so horrible and so tortured. They called this man I remember covering this case. It was the Kids for Cash was what they called him. And there was another judge that was in cahoots with him, and he was one of the people that was pardoned as part of this. The headline here from CNN they say, victims of major public coruption cases in Pennsylvania and Illino are angry President Joe Biden grant and clemency this week to two convicted officials. So in addition to this crooked Pennsylvania judge, there was also what they describe as a notorious Illinois fraudster who had been convicted. Rita Crundwell is her name. She'd been convicted of a fifty four million dollar embezzlement scheme, believed to be the largest municipal fraud in US history.
Speaker 4: But just so you understand.
Speaker 2: How horrific this was the situation with the judge his partner in crime, like I said, ordered children as young as eight to juvenile detention.
Speaker 4: Many of them.
Speaker 2: First time offenders would be for things like petty theft, jaywalking, truancy, smoking on school grounds, other minor infractions. The judge often ordered you he had found delinquent to be immediately shackled, handcuffed, taken away without giving them a chance to put up a defense or even say goodbye to their families. The mother of one of these children who died by suicide after spending time in one of these facilities since she was shocked and hurt after learning of Biden's decision to commute the rest of Conahan's sentence. And to your point, Sager, you know, think of some of the people whose sentences you could commute. I mean, Joe Biden claims to be against the death penalty. You have significant number of federal inmates on death row. He could commute their sentences. You know, to life in prison hasn't done that. Let's put this up on the screen. You have Leonard Peltier who was convicted. He is a Native American activist who was convicted in the seventies, has been in prison for forty four years, is elderly. The original conviction would not hold up to scrutiny today. There was basically, no evidence that he committed the crime that they accused him of committing, no sign that he's, you know, planning to pardon Leonard Peltil. The pressure continues and members of Congress have been pushing him to go in this direction. Next one up on the screen, Julian Assange. Not in prison anymore, but he is still being urged to also pardon Assage and clear him of his charge, just to send a message on media freedom. Jim McGovern a Democrat from Massachusetts, and Thomas Massey, libertarian Republican from Kentucky.
Speaker 4: They both wrote to the President.
Speaker 2: With a bipartisan request to pardon Julian Massange earlier in November.
Speaker 4: Another one up on the screen.
Speaker 2: Someone we've had on this show, Stephen Donziger, who stood up to Chevron and was prosecuted and persecuted for doing such. There are thirty four members of Congress who were calling on Joe Biden to pardon Stephen Donziger. He was jailed directly by Chevron lawyers. Many experts call it the nation's first corporate prosecution. And again he prioritarized pardoning his own son and pardoning this crooked, horrible judge kids for cash judge over any of these much more deserving and wrongfully imprisoned individuals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, look, I mean again, presidential pardon is crazy, and it's funny that whenever they get to use it, nine out of ten times they do what their monarchical predecessors always did, which is pardon their friends and oligarchical allies. Eventually they will throw some crumbs or whatever to the people with a few things like this, but it's really I mean, the cash for kids one just makes no discussing.
Speaker 2: And look, I think what happened is they just didn't look into it. There was just like mass pardons for all these people.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: But because remember under Trump they had this whole there's no pardons process and all of this.
Speaker 1: They so they have a process there there is.
Speaker 3: No way a pardon gets to the President of the United States desk under this administration, where they were not aware.
Speaker 1: At least incompetence is very well, maybe incompetence, but.
Speaker 2: What means signative zience as chief of staff has been an utter disaster, and so it would not surprise me. Obviously Joe Biden's brain is cooked, like he's not looking and.
Speaker 1: So he's just signing whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, whether it's like whether it's actually they affirmatively wanted this guy to be released, or it's incompetence, it doesn't lessen how disgusting it is that this person was was included in the fifteen hundred who received pardons.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 3: And that's kind of the point, is that if you look at some of the people who they do pardon and who they do, you know, I just can't get over that the very perverse person is his own son. You know, it's all about him. Then it's about the people work for him. Then it's about rich Pete donors or you know, all these other people who've got strings and all these other things.
Speaker 1: And then eventually maybe we'll get to the.
Speaker 3: People who have no power whatsoever. But that's the story. That is literally the story of pardons. I think the whole thing is completely.
Speaker 4: It's a very selfish individual.
Speaker 3: That means, one of the most selfish men to ever occupy the Oval office, which sounds crazy, but it is. If you look at the decisions, every single one of them is true. The most important decision he ever had to make was whether he was going to run again, which requires self knowledge and he literally, in his own words, decided to doom the country to fascism. According to him, be referred to salvage his own ego. I cannot, I literally cannot think of a more selfish act. It's crazy, absolutely crazy.
Speaker 2: All right, we have an update on our gerontocracy. So Nancy Pelosi is apparently in the hospital or wasn't the hospital suffered a fall while she was overseas in Luxembourg. We can put up this statement on the screen. It's from Ian Craig, or her spokesperson, while traveling with a bipartisan congressional delegation in Luxembourg, Speaker Amrita Nancy Pelosi sustained an injury during an official engagement, was admitted to the hospital for evaluation. Say, she's currently receiving excellent treatment from doctors and medical professionals, continues to work. Regrets she's unable to remain to attend the remainder of the Codell engagements.
Speaker 4: Blah blah.
Speaker 2: So significant injury here that was sustained by her, And my understanding is what she ended up having to have a hip replacement.
Speaker 4: Is that what happened or.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen it yet. Yeah, looking for the same thing. But you know that's no joke when you're how old is she? She's eighty something. She is eighty four years old. Hip replacement is not a joke. Fall is one of the leading causes or contributors to death of people who are over the age of seventy. By the way, that's a good reason to always try and stay in shape, because it's very difficult whenever you lose muscle mass, nos, especially to rec after a situation like this, it can often lead to degradation.
Speaker 1: I hope for the best, and I hope she's okay, but it is.
Speaker 3: It is just it's sad because it just highlights that these people cling to power no matter what.
Speaker 1: You're eighty four years old, you're worth over.
Speaker 3: One hundred million dollars right at your ostensibly.
Speaker 4: Not all well earned.
Speaker 3: The speak yeah, yeah, totally well well deserved. You know, it's listen, meritocracy, right.
Speaker 2: I just pray it is a hip replacement. She had to have a hip replacement here in Luxembourg, so significant fault.
Speaker 1: You're in a foreign country.
Speaker 3: You know, this is not a you know, in terms of all these things you're subjecting yourself to and you're doing it at this point for what you lost, the signature achievement of the Pelosi you know leaders. Everyone says she's one of the greatest leaders of all time. It's like, well, you know, not when you put it up against Rayburn and some of the other great speakers of the House. But just objectively, like, look at the course of the Democratic Party under her. You had Barack Obama, and they were all jazzed and excited for that, and they got blown out in twenty ten. They brief returned to power as a bulwark against Trump to resign him to the dust bin of history. As you'll all recall and then project, over the last twelve years, the political project has been a failure.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: It has led now to again the rise of Donald Trump into no House majority. So people can say that you've been such a great accomplishment and wielder of power, etc.
Speaker 1: Like I just I don't see any of that at all at this point.
Speaker 3: If anything, it's just time you gotta go, just go home, retire in peace.
Speaker 2: Even if we think of her chest move with regard to I, she was instrumental and getting Biden good right move obviously should have been done long before then, so there could actually be a Democratic primary process. But okay, you got Joe Biden out, but then she didn't have the stones or the savvy to make sure there would be some sort of a process so that it wouldn't be Kamala Harris and Joe Biden endorses Kamala and reportedly Pelosi and Obama both wanted to have some sort of an open process that result in a candidate other than Kamala Harris, but they.
Speaker 4: Didn't have the.
Speaker 2: Savvy, the stones, the boldness, the whatever was required in order to push for that open process so that there would be a better chance for Democrats to unite behind a stronger candidate than Kamala Harris. Because they were all well aware of what her weaknesses were. And so even in this that you consider to be like your your core mission here to defeat Donald Trump, and I think she did take that very seriously, she's unable to actually fully execute and complete that job. The other thing to note about Nancy Pelissi right now is aoc is has been working and apparently pretty successfully, working behind the scenes to become ranking member on the House Oversight Committee, which is quite significant. Whatever you think of AOC, she has done a good job in past questioning of officials and holding them to account, and obviously as young and one of the younger faces of the party, et cetera, et cetera, AOC has also done so much to suck up to the establishment wing of the party and make herself acceptable to them, et cetera, et cetera. But I guess Nancy BLOWSI has never forgiven the fact that AOC protested outside of her office when she was on her way into Congress, and so she apparently is working behind the scenes to thwart AOC's bid to be ranking member on the House Oversight Committee and put in Jerry Connelly. He's just like a you know, he's actually from northern Virginia here. He represents Fairfax County, very standard issue establishment friendly Democrat, and so she's working to push his bid into AOC. So it just shows you, even in her dottage, she is still one of the major power players in Washington, DC. And it's not just Democrats who suffer from this problem. Emily and Ryan did a great job last week reporting on Mitch McConnell's increasingly infirm condition. Emily exclusively was able to get this picture of Mitch in a wheelchair being wheeled through Ronald Reagan National Airport, so suffer to fall? Was that just last week that that happened as well, And so you know, once again you have a very elderly individual who was trying to hold on to power. He apparently part of why he wants to stay in his position. We can put this up on the screen is to make sure that aid continues to flow to Ukraine. Scott Horten may have more to say about that later in the show, but you know, this is a trend in American society. Ken Klippenstein had a good piece on his substack, which you all should subscribe to you if you're able with a chart showing how the average age of a member of members of Congress has been getting older and older and older. We can put that chart up on the screen. I think we have that for you as well. Look at that percentage of Congress over the age of seventy. Look at the way that skyrockets like that is insane and soccer. I always think you made the best point, which is that this really in a fundamental sense, reflects a failure of democracy. That's what allows these people to basically rig the system to circumvent any sort of real democratic process and just hold on to power forever. And literally some of them literally die in office, like Diane Feinstein, and there was a I believe what was a Republican last year who also died while he was in office, some eighty some years old.
Speaker 4: Like that's insane, insane.
Speaker 2: That they hold on to power until they are literally taking their last dying breath.
Speaker 1: I agree. I also though it comes back to our healthcare thing.
Speaker 3: I've just increasingly resigned where it's true they resigned the system, rig the system and all that.
Speaker 1: But people just seem to excuse it.
Speaker 3: I don't understand the chuck rat, Like he's like ninety two years old. McConnell got reelected, so did Pelosi.
Speaker 1: It's nuts. She's up every two years and they're like, yeah, we're cool with this. I don't get it.
Speaker 3: I just don't understand why people continue to prop this thing up. And I mean, on their end, I do with McConnell. I mean, it's literally a joke. He has a new peace out this morning in foreign affairs, the price American retreat, Why Washington must reject isolationism and embrace primacy. It's like, yeah, how's that im primacy going in Iraq, bro and in Syria. So I'm sure it worked out really well, but this is it also shows to the things that they hang on and that they cling to, and what four are so just ridiculous. They're not hanging on to the bitter end just to make sure that Kentucky is great again or is revitalized. They're doing it so the city of Kiev can be revitalized. So look, sometimes a talking point, but it is genuinely true. They do actually care more about Ukraine, about NATO and all these other places than they do about you.
Speaker 1: And those are the people that continue to elect it. So I just don't know what to do about it.
Speaker 4: Just a last thought on that point.
Speaker 2: So in Kentucky in particular, Mitch McConnell is not liked, like they hit very unpopular, yes, and so you do ask, well, okay, well why does he continue to get re elected? And I mean it is a sort of anti democratic process where Kentucky's a red state now, so they don't want to vote for a Democrat. So when he gets into a general election contest versus also, Democrats put up terrible canons like Amy McGrath but whatever, he's very likely to get elected, but he has that Republican Party on Lucke in the state, so that he is not really challenged in a Republican primary. So it is a circumventing of democracy. And then in the case of Nancy Pelosi in San Francisco, you know, first of all, all the money in the world, right, wealthy woman herself and probably the most prolific fund raiser in the Democratic Party. I'm sure Mitch McConnell's no slouch in the Republican Party in terms of raising funds as well. But then in addition, she refused to do any sort of democratic debate visa her challengers in the Democratic primary, where again it's a situation where it's a blue, very blue area. You're not going to have a Republican succeed in that district. So the whole game is in the Democratic primary, and so again it's really there's a real failure of a democratic process there.
Speaker 4: I mean, you saw the same thing with.
Speaker 2: Diane Feinstein where she's able to hold on and so you know, literally like didn't even literally didn't even know where she was. Also, because they've locked having any sort of a democratic debate and the powers that be lined up behind her and you know, short circuited the progressive challenger who was you know, making the case that we should go in a different direction. And so a lot of these things do come down to basic failures of democracy and show that erosion of real ability to you know, effectuate change and have any kind of real choice within this current locked in system.