Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio news. Good morning, I'm Nathan Hager and I'm Karen Moscow. Here are the stories we're following today.
Speaker 2: Karen, let's begin this morning with the latest in the presidential race. Kamala Harris has taken her bid to court conservative voters to Fox News. The Vice President promised her presidency would not be a second Joe Biden administration.
Speaker 3: Like every new president that comes in to office, I will bring my life experiences, my professional experiences, and fresh and new ideas.
Speaker 2: Vice President Harris's interview with Fox anchor Brett Bayer turned testee almost from the first question, when he asked whether she regretted reversing former President Donald Trump's border policies.
Speaker 3: The first bill, practically within hours of taking the oath, was a bill to fix our immigration system this, ma'am.
Speaker 4: It was called the US Citizen Citizenship Act of two thousand exactly one, essentially but half way a citizenship.
Speaker 3: Yes, math finished, math finished, responding.
Speaker 5: For you here.
Speaker 2: Kamala Harris's Fox News interview capped off a day where she appeared in suburban Philadelphia with dozens of Republican officials who have endorsed her campaign well Nathan.
Speaker 6: Former President Trump meanwhile held a town hall with Latino voters on this Spanish language Univision network. One voter asked if Trump really believed that Haitian migrants in Springfield, Ohio have eaten people's pets.
Speaker 4: This was just reported. I was just saying what was reported. That's been reported. Uh, and eating other things too that they're not supposed to be. But this is all I do is report. I have not. I was there, I'm going to be there, and we're going to take a look, and I'll give you a full report what I do.
Speaker 6: Donald Trump was also asked about his role in the Capitol riot on January sixth. The former president said nothing was done wrong that day.
Speaker 4: Ashley Babbitt was killed. Nobody was killed. There were no guns down there. We didn't have guns. The others had guns.
Speaker 6: Trump has ignored other deaths in the days and weeks after the insurrection, and when asked about any mistakes from his first term, Trump suggested his only error was hiring certain people in his administration.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, Karen billionaire investor stand drucken Miller says, if the markets are any indication, Donald Trump will win the election, drug and Miller spoke with Bloomberg Shinali Bassic.
Speaker 8: I remember how right the market was on Ronald Reagan in nineteen eighty despite what the Punins were saying. And I must say, in the last twelve days, the market and the inside of the market is very convinced Trump is going to win. You can see it in the bank stocks, you can see it in crypto.
Speaker 2: Stan Drucken Miller says he won't vote for either Harris or Trump. He calls Trump a blowhard, while he says a Harris presidency would be bad for business.
Speaker 6: Well, let's get to the latest developments in the Middle East now, Nathan USB two South bombers have struck weapons storage sites linked to Hoothy rebels and Yemen. It's the latest effort to blunt attacks by the around Back group. That ever, royal commercial shipping in the Red Sea. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin says the use of the B two bombers was intended to send a message. Despite numerous strikes by Israel and US, and the US on the who the Easy allies have so far been unable to halt its attacks.
Speaker 2: Well, let's turn to markets now. Karen futures are pointed higher ahead of yesterday's small cap let rally on Wall Street.
Speaker 9: Of course, it was after that rally.
Speaker 2: The Russell two thousand index of smaller firms closed at its highest level in almost three years. This morning. NASTAQ futures are getting a lift after Taiwan's Semiconductor raised its revenue outlook for the year, easing concerns about global chip demand and the sustainability of an AI hardware.
Speaker 6: Boom Well earnings continue to be a focus for the markets here, Nathan. Today, Netflix will lead nearly a dozen companies reporting. We get a preview from Bloomberg's Tom Busby.
Speaker 10: Investors are expecting even more gains in subscriber growth thanks to that successful password crackdown, and more growth in advertising revenue as the streaming giant airs more live events like the two NFL games it'll streaming for the first time on Christmas Day this year. Bloomberg consensus calls for subscriber ads a four point four to seven million revenue of nine point seven eight billion dollars and Ernix per share of five dollars twelve cents. Tom Buzzby Bloomberg Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, Tom, thank you well. Bank results, led by Morgan Stanley, have hited out of the park, but one popular consultant says the best days may be over for the big financial firms. In its annual State of the Industry report, Mackenzie warns that higher profits enjoyed by global banks over the last two years could prove fleeting. It predicts headwinds or gathering steam led by lower interest rates and flagging loan demand.
Speaker 6: Well, Nathan, is a busy morning on the economic front. We will get the latest reading on retail sales, jobless claims, and industrial production. Ian Shepherdson, editor in chief at Pantheon and Macroeconomics, says despite this morning's readings, the Fed should keep on cutting rates.
Speaker 7: This obsession that the markets have and sadly some people at the Fed half with the latest data, just draws me nuts. You know, whatever you do due to policy now makes no difference to the economy for at least a year, and the data on not telling you anything about the current stance of policy. They're telling you about the stance of policy twelve to eighteen months ago, and since then it's become significantly tighter.
Speaker 6: Macrowagan. I'm Sean shepherd Since says due to industrial strife at Boeing and Hurricane Milton, the October jobs report is more uncertain than usual.
Speaker 2: In Europe this morning, Karen, the European Central Bank is widely expected to cut interest rates for a second are a second consecutive meeting, just five weeks after its last production. Analysts pulled by Bloomberg unanimously predict a quarter point ECB reduction to three and a quarter percent.
Speaker 6: And it's time over for look at some of the other stories making news in New York and around the world. And for that we're joined by Bloomberg's Michael Barr. Michael, good Morning, Good morning, Karen.
Speaker 11: A Georgia judge has declared that seven new election rules recently passed by the state Election board are illegal, unconstitutional, and void. Fulton County Superior Court Judge Thomas Cox issued the order yesterday after holding a hearing on challenges to the rules. The rules that Cox invalidated include three that had gotten a lot of attention. One require that the number of ballots be handcounted after the close of poles, and two that had to do with the certification of election results. The family of the Menendez brothers are supporting the prison release of the two men who shot and killed their parents in Beverly Hills in nineteen eighty nine. Nearly two dozen family members of Eric and Lyle Menendez say they now believe the brothers were victims and were molested by their father. They also say that the murders were not in cold blood, but instead the then young men were in fear for their lives. Lyle and Eric's attorney, Mark Gerrigos.
Speaker 12: It corroborates what the family members said was the very uncomfortable rule in that house that you could not go down the hallway if Jose was with one of boys.
Speaker 11: It is now up to the Los Angeles County DA whether he will recommend their release from prison. The music industry is in mourning. Former One Direction singer Liam Payne was found dead and Buenos Aires at just thirty one years old. Buenos Aires police say that Payne fell from the third floor of a hotel balcony. After the band split in twenty fifteen, Pain embarked on a solo career. Authorities are investigating the circumstances of his death. President Biden, former Presidents Obama and Clinton, and members of the Kennedy family attended a memorial service for Ethel Kennedy at the Cathedral of Saint Matthew the Apostle in Washington. Former President Clinton she was.
Speaker 4: An amazing fireball of continuous energy. It was wonderful to be around her.
Speaker 11: The widow of Robert F. Kennedy was ninety six when she died a week ago. The Biden administration says it has marked a new milestone and the president effort to forgive student moans. Biden announced today that he has approved four point five billion dollars in student debt cancelation for around sixty thousand public servants. The administration says the total number of workers who have received relief exceeded one million since Biden took office. Global News twenty four hours a day and whenever you wanted with Bloomberg News. Now, I'm Michael Barr, and this is Bloomberg Kron.
Speaker 6: All right, Michael Barr, thank you. It's time now for the Bloomberg scores update. It's brought to you by Tri State Outie. And here's John stash Hour.
Speaker 13: John, Good morning, Good Morning care second time and now three NLCS games where Mets bats were quiet managed only four hits all singles. The Dodgers scratched across a couple of runs second and in Key k Hernandez a a two run omer the sixth and two innings later, two on for show.
Speaker 9: A for Sersay Tory Ride, dood Oo, Tony's.
Speaker 10: Boy, it is gone, come on into the second death.
Speaker 13: Seven Sports called Max Munsey homer to the ninth. Dodgers, who won game won nine to nothing, took Game three eight nothing, leaving Mets manager Carlos Mendoza down to one and asked about possible lineup changes for Game four.
Speaker 5: So the guys that are even there, got us students point, you know, and I'm pretty confidence that don't come true, you know. And yeah, you're playing playoff and when you're facing a pitching stuff like that, it's gonna be it's gonna be hard. At times, were creating traffic.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: I like the fact that, you know, we getting guys on base, just haven't been able to come up with a big hit.
Speaker 13: Game four. Tonight, after Game three of the ALCS in Cleveland, Yankees up to nothing going with Clark Schmid. Matthew Boyd for The Guardian, speaking of game three's WNBA Finals at Minnesota, the Liberty, who blew an eighteen point lead in Game one. This time came from fifteen down beat the Links eighty to seventy seven on a Sabrina Younescue thirty foot shot with one second left. Liberty can win the first championship in two. Mystery Tomorrow day Afternoons that Giants tackle Andrew Thomas will be out a while m MRI results. He needs surgery on his foot. Thomas done for the year. Giants Sunday hosts Philadelphia The Return on Saquon Barkley. He said he has no hate for his former team, still talk with many of his former teammates. Barkley said he hopes the fans don't woo him. The newest jet, DeVante Adams. We'll see at least some plain times Sunday night in Pittsburgh John's Dash The We're Bloomberg Sports Karen.
Speaker 9: Coast to coast on Bloomberg Radio, nationwide on Sirius XM, and around the world on Bloomberg dot Com and the Bloomberg Business app. This is Bloomberg Daybreak. Good morning, I'm Nathan Hager. Kamala Harris is promising to be the change candidate with less than three weeks to go until the election, the Vice President made an appeal to conservative voters in an interview on Fox News that.
Speaker 3: May be very clear, my presidency will not be a continuation with Joe Biden's presidency.
Speaker 2: For more on the state of the race, in this final stretcher, you're joined by Bloomberg News Senior editor Bill Ferries. Bill, good morning. Interesting to hear the Vice president try to distance herself from President Biden when almost from the beginning of this interview the Vice President was defending the Biden Harris administration's record on immigration.
Speaker 9: Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it was a very fiery, testy interview there on Fox News for the Vice president. She took a lot of very direct questions right off the bat about the about the administration's record on immigration, and of course she she's you know, said that there was an immigration proposal that the President Trump had a role in in vetoing over the last year. But you know, took some very hard questions about well, what was going on before that since she took office. Brett Baar asking her whether she, you know, needed to apologize to to people whose family members or friends had been killed by undocumented migrants. Who were in the country at the time, asked to explain why she said the border was secure when during the interview she said that it's a broken immigration system. So it was some very pointed questions. And I think each side, whether people are on the Harris side or on the Trump side, I think they're going to hear what they wanted to in that. But it was one of the most direct exchanges we've seen the Vice president take in this short campaign.
Speaker 2: Given that idea that people are going to hear what they want to hear in an exchange like that, I mean, how important is it for Vice President Harris to go ahead with this strategy that we seem to be seeing from her of trying to court conservative voters and broaden her tent when we do see this race in poll after poll showing things really airtight.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's so hard to know what could possibly move the needle at this point, given how tight the race is and all the drama we've seen in this whole election cycle, including two attempted assassination attempts. Listen, I think, you know, I think the Vice president is trying to make a pitch toward more conservative folks out there Republicans who are still perhaps never Trumpers, maybe people who supported Trump the first time around but aren't so sure. We saw some of that, and we saw some of that in a presentation the former President Trump had on Univision where he actually faced one voter who said, Hey, I'm a Republican, I'm no longer registered. I want to give you the opportunity to win back my vote and went on to press former President Trump very directly as well about the events of January sixth and the storming of the Capitol and what he said, you know, the president did and didn't do that day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, interesting as well to see former President Trump engaged in a similar strategy here of possibly trying to reach out beyond his own base with this town hall with Latino voters, but at the same time he's still kind of refusing to back down on some of this rhetoric around Haitian migrants and eating people's pets, these widely debunked claims.
Speaker 11: Bill.
Speaker 14: Yeah, so we know that there has been a little bit of more support from Latino voters, particularly men, to the Trump campaign than we've seen in previous elections, and he's trying to build on that. I think but you're right, he still kind of holds onto these things that are, from what we can see in polls and surveys, kind of a turnoff for a lot of voters. This idea that in Springfield, Ohio, as you said, that Haitian immigrants are eating their pets. It's hard to see how that is in the end a winning strategy. But both candidates trying to find a way to expand that core group of support. You know, it's anywhere from forty eight percent to fifty one percent in these different states, and you know it's going to be and potentially some of these states a matter of a few thousand votes separating whoever gets the electoral votes from someone who doesn't. So it's a very tight race in both sides trying to see what they can get at the margins.
Speaker 2: In our last minute, Bill, let's talk about geopolitics. Are we starting to see signs of more direct engagement now from the US in the Middle East with this report that B two stealth bombers have gone after Hoothy weapons sites in Yemen.
Speaker 14: Yeah, pretty dramatic show of power from the US military and the Biden administration overnight with these B two stealth bombers doing a round trip from white Men Air Force Base in Missouri all the way to Yemen. These are, you know, these are some of the highest technology weapons the US has in its arsenal. They were targeting missiles, weapons components, and other deeply buried ammunition that the Huti rebels there are belief to have. We don't know if this is some kind of a softening up targets ahead of Israeli reprisal against Iran, but it's definitely seems to be a new stage in this conflict, in a new way of the US trying to flex some of its military might.
Speaker 6: This is Bloomberg Daybreak, your morning podcast on the stories making news from Wall Street to Washington and beyond.
Speaker 2: Look for us on your podcast feed by six am Eastern each morning, on Apple, Spotify, or anywhere else you listen.
Speaker 6: You can also listen live each morning starting at five am Wall Street time on Bloomberg eleven three to zero in New York, Bloomberg ninety nine to one in Washington, Bloomberg ninety two nine in Boston, and nationwide on serious XM Channel one twenty one plus.
Speaker 2: Listen coast to coast on the Bloomberg Business app Now with Apple CarPlay and Android auto interfaces.
Speaker 6: And don't forget to subscribe to Bloomberg News Now. It's the latest news whenever you want it in five minutes or less. Search Bloomberg News Now and your favorite podcast platform to stay informed all day long. I'm Karen Moscow.
Speaker 2: And I'm Nathan Hager. Join us again tomorrow morning for all the news you need to start your day right here on Bloomberg Daybreak.
Speaker 7: The