Speaker 1: With Robinhood, not only can you trade individual stocks and ETFs, you can also seamlessly buy and sell crypto at low costs. Trade all in one place. Get started now on robin Hood.
Speaker 2: Trading Crypto involved significant risk. Crypto trading is offered through an account with the Probatehood Crypto LC. Robin Hunt Crypto is licensed to engage in virtual currency business activity by the New York State Department of Financial Services. Crypto Health thro robin huid cryptos not FDFC insured or SIPC protected. Investing involves risk, including loss of principal securities. Trading is offered through an account with robin Hood Financial LLC member SIPC, a registered broker dealer.
Speaker 3: Eyl University is the biggest online platform for education, but it's much much more. It's actually a community. Our private Facebook group has over eight thousand members and twenty infinity groups. The students teach themselves just as much as the professors do. We have weekly webinars. We have over one hundred past webinars. You get access to MG the mortgage Guy's real estate blueprint. You get access to monthly financial planning calls with yours Truly, you get access to our monthly group chat, investment calls, and much much more. So go to e y l University dot com right now and take advantage of our limited offer blowout sales sixty five percent off of the annual membership Eyo University dot com.
Speaker 4: Right now, my graduates from my school being forced back drop bag drop Mike, drop backdrop drop.
Speaker 5: Yo, big homie, I want to ask you one question before y'all get started.
Speaker 6: Dealing with the biggest.
Speaker 5: You didn't seen a level of success that I can only dream of. Empower people that I can only dream of. This start from somebody like you. This is what you inspire for me to go out empower my community. In one definition from from the bossons standpoint, what recession proof mean to you and your words from what you've seen experience in the game.
Speaker 7: Recession proof to me, that defines success. Whatever you do, it means you're successful. And I want to keep as simple as possible. Success begins with self. That begins with yourself. You gotta be a man of your word, because the motherfucker that's your right hand man right now that you losing with may come work with Rose and I may get money with him. So we can't beat those type of entrepreneurs or bosses. That's gonna continue running through different individuals. We gotta build. They gotta trust us. You understand. I'm invest in my team. I want it to be cool for us to work hard. Fuck that on our off day. Let's get flying, go have a meeting, nigguh heavy.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 7: Let's enjoy this today. We hustling, but we go enjoy this today.
Speaker 6: Recession proof, y'all. Let's get to it. Do it.
Speaker 3: First and foremost, First and foremost, man, I gotta say this off the rip. I fuck with Rick Ross because he's teaching wealth. That's off the rep. Man R I pter nipsey R, I p the d m X. All right, Kobe definitely gotta pay pay our respects before all our fallen soldiers.
Speaker 9: So Rose, I want to get right into this.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 9: You need no introduction.
Speaker 3: What you've been able to accomplish phenomena as far as you know, starting from the rap game and transition into being on a Magic Johnson level.
Speaker 9: That's how I really look at you with the promise.
Speaker 3: So I appreciate it, man, No, No, I appreciate you, bro.
Speaker 9: So I want to start at the beginning.
Speaker 3: I want to start at the beginning because shots out boy jim Jones.
Speaker 9: We interviewed Jimmy and he said he was.
Speaker 3: An A and R at Warner and he said he was spent a lot of time in Miami, and he told Kevin Louds, He's like, Yo, it's this kid Rick Ross out there.
Speaker 9: He got a single that's burning up the streets.
Speaker 3: And Kevin did some research and Jimmy was like, well, he wont a million dollars to sign on. Kevin like, I ain't giving him a million. He said, you need to. He said, no, you need to. So how did that start? As far as building that momentum seven forty five, white on white, building it in the streets and then coming in the game with if I'm not mistaking a million dollar bidding war just off the rhetic.
Speaker 7: That was just me, you know, putting that groundwork in as an underground artist, you know, writing for others. And it took me time to get on. But I also that time that it took me to get on, I also understood my value and I knew it that patience of me having what's gonna be worth And that's what it was. All the time that I was dropping mixtapes back to back to back.
Speaker 6: Shit was really preparing me.
Speaker 7: So once I got that one smash record, every damn hustling, that changed the fucking forecast for Rose. And I told him right off the rip, before I fly anywhere to talk to somebody, it's got to be seven figures on the table straight up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's crazy you say patience because I just left rap Snack's office.
Speaker 9: That was with my guy James and.
Speaker 3: Wise and yeah, talking about it, he was like family, He's extremely patient.
Speaker 9: He said that. He was like, Rose has extreme patience.
Speaker 3: Talk about that as far as because from my understanding, you was rapping for ten years before you actually made any money.
Speaker 7: Right I was. I was writing there, I was writing for others and rapping for myself longer than the decade before I ever made a coin. So I understand that we done all went years without having shit. So we understand what patience is because believe it or not, that counts as your patients towards whatever you're working for right now. And so that's exactly what I did. Fuck it, I'm gonna be patient. And once we got in a position of power, my negotiation was a little different. It was a little different. I understood my heights, I understood my lows, understood what I had to work on, and I brought it to the table and I sat down and shit, here we are still winning.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 10: One of the illest things I heard you say was, before you can be a.
Speaker 11: CEO, you have to be a worker.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you have to be a worker.
Speaker 10: And that says a lot because the grind you're talking about the ten years, nobody ever sees that.
Speaker 11: But where did you get that mindset from?
Speaker 10: And was that in the early ages of your development or did that come with music?
Speaker 7: I believe that really came up growing up right here in Miami. You understand, as a youngster, before they let you, you know, doing all change, you gotta wash the car first. Before they let you work on this cil. You gotta cut the grasshurst you know what I'm saying. And ship I began hands on, still hands on. I still cut my own grass right now till this day. If I got time, I'm gonna.
Speaker 10: Do it now. I saw that John did right right. And when we're talking, we're not talking about the every day long. We talk about the biggest of state, the state of Georgia in the east coach and.
Speaker 6: The east fact, I just got it right.
Speaker 10: So you out on the John Dere cutting all that long.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, yeah, actually me in four or five of my homieshot, yeah, yeah, I got it. I got a couple of homies, shout out that ko in the whole squad. But we get out there, we smoke us one and we all get on our own tractors and go about our day. But the beautiful thing about it is the time that I get to sit by myself, reflect by myself. I think about my plans, I plot, strategize and so on and so forth, you know what I mean, and ship. By the time I in that for the day, I'm ready to make some business calls.
Speaker 6: Step I game up some kind of way.
Speaker 3: So you said I started at the call wash you was actually washing.
Speaker 6: Cars without a doubt.
Speaker 9: How did that?
Speaker 3: Does that still keep your grounded remembering humble beginnings? Right, even once had a job point tall on the roof.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah yeah without that Yeah, and that was all facts, And still to this day that still makes me the hustler that I am, regardless of the position we in, because I'm much further than I could have ever fathomed. And I think that was the word to use for that. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, but on some on some real ship, I'm much further than I could have ever imagined, you understand. And I'm still getting up every day and going at it like weing got ship, because to me, that's what represents a true hustler.
Speaker 10: Your mindset has always been different. I mean from the early stage. I remember, I think it was on the Deep End Wrap album you said I won't fail, but a lot of men will. And I was like, Oh, that's a bar because you know you're in a surrounding that isn't promising, but you know that I'm.
Speaker 11: Gonna make it out.
Speaker 10: And then later in your career you said, in a room full of failures, I feel out of place. Right, So you had that premonition for a while. How did it develop like that?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 7: It's just what you gotta do as being a boss, being a CEO. And I want to make this note, your life is the most important position you'll ever have as a CEO.
Speaker 6: You the CEO of your life.
Speaker 7: You understand, and so for me, I always understood at an early age, I wasn't the smartest at the room when the teachers asked the question. I would have loved to been a young brother that had every answer, and I would have gave it to him. But I didn't, you understand, So I had to sit in the back, crack jokes and do everything else. But I understood what I did have, what's passion, and that's what separated me from everybody else when I played football. My passion I wanted to practice to a day when all my other homies was, Man, I'm tired, I'm ready to go home, watch cartoons. Fuck cartoons. Man, let's do this shit again. And that same passion still drive me to this day. You understand, it's Sunday. Let's still turn up after this. We're doing some more shit tonight. It ain't just about the money, it's about the brand. That's where patients come into play once again, the bill of brand. Man, you gotta put ten years on that shit. Of course you could make some money before then, whatever, whatever, But that's the kind of mind frame you gotta have when you're thinking about astronomical numbers.
Speaker 6: I think that was the word for that. Let's two.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this as far as because we like to do like deep dives in the business and all of that.
Speaker 9: And you see over eleven.
Speaker 3: Hundred people here that's interested in learning about business. So I want to break down the businesses first. I want to start with music. So you come in and you was hot off the rip. You sold one hundred I think one hundred and eighty seven thousand.
Speaker 6: Your first record week, right.
Speaker 3: But the reason why I bring that up is because it's not like I don't think your first record on gold or platinum. But you started a record label Mayback Music, and everybody knows Meek.
Speaker 9: Mill Valet that story.
Speaker 3: So how did you have the leverage to create a label even though, like I guess, you wasn't a commercial start yet at that time.
Speaker 7: What I did was I understood once again, I understand my stress and I understand my weaknesses. That's just like if I'm sitting in this crowd today, I would try to make sure I connected with the most smallfuckers in the crowd, meaning exchange numbers, introduce to myself, and do it in the boss manner. And that's what I did as soon as I got in depth JAM business. As soon as I got into the office, I made sure I bonded with the motherfuckers that had strengths in the areas. I was weekend, Oh, how we get to this? How we continue to own this? This is what we need. Okay, this is what I want to do. Let's sit down and let's build something together. You understand, And that's how you begin to educate yourself. So what usually would have took another artist five years to learn on his own, you know, I put somebody right by my side and got the game from and you know, sixteen months later I introduced may By Music.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 10: So that's interesting because one of the things I think people haven't given you credit for this, and I've heard you say before, is that when you signed your deal, you didn't spend a dollar get in by jewelry, get in buy a card.
Speaker 11: Well, the seven forty five, I'm sure it came before that.
Speaker 10: That's before why on White seven forty five?
Speaker 11: That came befored he didn't buy Julie.
Speaker 10: Like I said, you said, I'm gonna save until I know the next best move. And so when you signed, in your mind you're thinking already I'm going to create a label.
Speaker 11: Was that the next best move? That's what you were thinking of?
Speaker 7: I know, most definitely that was you know, in the forecast me being the CEO. You know, the time that I will put into music that was enough for me to share with possibly ten different artists. The amount of beats that I listened to in one night, the average artists won't listen to in three months, you know what I'm saying. I could sit there for twelve hours and listening to instrumentals, listen to beats, and go back and forth.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: So I knew I would be a huge assistance to the right artist, you know, the young dudes with the right passion, you know. And I was blessed to come across a young Wille of course, a Meek Mill. And you know I came across other artists as well. And you know, something nobody ever taught me was that, you know, you may come across some motherfuckers with the talent, but they may not have the passion. So that's just like being a CEO. You gotta make sure you bringing somebody to the table who got the passion.
Speaker 6: They gotta want to win more than you.
Speaker 7: The coach can't want the player to win more than the player. Du shit ain't gonna happen. And that was something nobody never taught me. That was something I had to learn them own.
Speaker 10: So when you step in depth Jam's building, are they gravitating towards you because they see the hungers. It's like when you're meeting like the Leos and the Kevin Lows.
Speaker 11: They like this guy's special. This is bigger than music.
Speaker 6: I believe they did.
Speaker 7: Shout out to La Red jay Z, DJ Kellen was my n R at the time, Shout out the ev everybody that I had around me.
Speaker 6: They saw how I.
Speaker 7: Was on go you understand Rose released part of Miami six months later, I was ready to put out another album, pushing to the Living.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: It's almost like the label couldn't keep up with me. By the time I put out Triller, I was ready for Deepening Rap. After Deepening Rap, I was ready to put out another mixtape because they.
Speaker 6: Couldn't keep up.
Speaker 11: We had that argument all the time.
Speaker 6: Rich Favor that was the mixtape for my favorite.
Speaker 11: We always had an argument, like who was my favorite? Is tef one? Though he always says deep in the rap.
Speaker 3: Deep in wrap, that won't change it for change the game a lot. Let me ask you this, how do you what's your process? As far as finding. All right, Meek mill is a global icon superstar right now? But did you know that off the rep What made you want to invest in somebody like me who's from Philly and you know, not somebody like homegrown Miami whatever like? Was it his buzz already in the streets of Philly? Was it his energy? What did you see in him that you thought he was gonna be a star?
Speaker 6: Well? Really, with me, it wasn't his buzz. It was you know.
Speaker 7: Once I was introduced to him and I got in the studio with him, I understood his talent. Spending a week with him, I understood his story, I understood his heart, and of course I felt that at that point, let's go, let's let's do this.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: I understood homie vision and he took it to another level.
Speaker 9: Did you did you foresee him being who he is now?
Speaker 6: I did.
Speaker 7: I made a record called Tupackets back and one time for the legend Tupact. No way was I saying, you know?
Speaker 9: Absolutely?
Speaker 7: But I knew Meek had a story to tell the way pop did, and I knew that was special.
Speaker 9: Let me ask you this. I want to go on music a little bit more.
Speaker 3: You have a unique here for beats. I remember, naw, it's called you the very white of our generation. Like it's it's a different vibe, like you know what I'm saying, especially coming from the South, so we're from New York. And like the first Southern artist that I really got into his music was t I because I could understand I can relate to him, like he had a fade. He was you could tell you from the South, but he had a New York swag too, and I kind of felt like you were the same way. Like coming from Miami, all we heard before that was trick Daddy and like that kind of.
Speaker 9: Music, which was dope.
Speaker 3: But you came on something just made back music, some VASACEI linen shirt, like you came with the whole swag like that.
Speaker 9: Where that vibe come from the beat.
Speaker 11: Don't forget this and we just got this because he left us. But he was part of the ball head and beer crew, and now he left us.
Speaker 6: I'm not I ain't saying you are.
Speaker 9: I'm saying I am.
Speaker 11: He was Scott's crazy shout to my brother's wallowing Gilly. We're still part of the team.
Speaker 6: It's still beer gang for like here we go.
Speaker 7: But as far as the flavor in the style growing up in Miami, it's always been universal. You understand, Miami always been high fashion, big money. We always love the ballet's as a youngsters, you know, youngsters, I saw the hustles with the Sway ballets, whatever it is. It was always the flies. It was always universal. So if you was in from New York City flying Miami, it always fit. Webb, you was from Atlanta, Webb, it was from So you know, I just made sure I stuck to the script. You know what I'm saying. As far as the jewels, the way we roll, the way the hustlers got around, you know what I'm saying, I just stuck to the script.
Speaker 6: I gotta give it to the ones before me.
Speaker 7: They always did it big. Big boys out here, always did it big. So you know that was the only way rose they could do it.
Speaker 6: Just do it.
Speaker 3: Big' Let's get into this conversation jet doc, right, so if anybody watches, we.
Speaker 9: Got the biggest stock show. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, shout to jet Doc.
Speaker 12: We got sound for jet Doc, went sound for jet Doc.
Speaker 9: So we got a stock show called Market Mondays. We talked about stocks in Teledoc.
Speaker 3: Yes, so that whole industry of virtual medicine is going through the roof right now. Pill Pack, Amazon's involved, they say, Apples actually bout thet. So from my understanding, you put a million dollar investment in the jet doc.
Speaker 9: Anybody doesn't know who jet doc.
Speaker 3: Jet doc is an online health company where you get virtual doctor visits and a subscription based looks like ten to twenty dollars a month. And this is a whole big thing, and it's really big, especially for black men, because it's like a lot of people don't go to the doctors.
Speaker 9: Because they don't have health insurance. You don't need health insurance for.
Speaker 6: That, right, you don't need health insurance.
Speaker 3: It's a low amount, right as far as actually the access to see the doctor's.
Speaker 6: Virtual right right over the phone, and as.
Speaker 9: Far as the trust.
Speaker 3: But prop got Rose in Rose, We trust trust talk about can you break that down a little bit as far as how you why you wanted to get involved in And it's a black sea oh by the way as well.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, shout out to Tommy Duncan black CEO real real sure, yes, sure, he's real successful. All of his prior you know, ventures huge success. But you know, first and foremost everybody know Rose, No, I'd have been through my own health scarce. So with myself, it's all about, you know, doing as much as we can for ourselves, for our people and the ones around us. Okay, So jet Doc presented itself and for me, what really caught my eye was, for one, the amount of money. You could say, it's so many people that can't afford healthcare. They can't afford going to the doctor. It can't afford, you know, fulfilling.
Speaker 6: These expensive prescriptions.
Speaker 7: So jet doc can cut all that, you know, more than half man. You know, So if you're a CEO of a company, you could get your employees jet doc, you know, healthcare for less than ten to twenty dollars a month, not three hundred dollars, not four hundred dollars. And that's how so many people of our color don't have healthcare. And a lot of times, by the time we go visit a doctor, it's much too late. We got to prepare for the worst, when a lot of times we just need to you know, address it as early as possible, you understand, and let's live, let's enjoy life.
Speaker 11: Oh so there's a common theme.
Speaker 10: Right, you said your health concerns led you to invest in Jet Doc.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 10: I want to talk about Wingstop though, because I heard you know Wingstop and Checks. Everybody has known you love and Pepper is is your wing of choice?
Speaker 11: Good choice by that?
Speaker 10: Yeah, so there's a common theme where you invest in things that you consume.
Speaker 11: Can you talk about the points of that?
Speaker 7: Of course I could go straight to that. Well for myself, if I love it, I want to do it. I want to do it, you know, based on my heart. You understand. I have said this before. I was off of a seven figure advance for smoking cigarettes doing cigarette ass.
Speaker 6: I don't smoke squares. I can't do that.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm flattered. I appreciate it, but I can't do that. So for me, the reason why I could become partners with the brands I become partners with is it's got to be something that I genuinely love. I gotta genuinely fuck with it. I wanted Wingstop. I bought my first franchise. I knew nothing about the business. I knew nothing about becoming a franchiseee. I knew nothing of nothing. I knew none of that I just knew. I wanted to pick a chickup that I liked one day music, Yo, you like chicken wings, that's yeah, and put up in there. And you know I wanted to sit down eating on the way out.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: Mentioned to her, Oh yeah, you know this my shit, you know, And that's all I really wanted, you understand.
Speaker 6: So I got a salute.
Speaker 7: Charlie Morrison, the CEO at Wingstomp, he let me in. He let me buy one. The energy was dope. I love limon pepper wings. I bought two. I bought three. I bought four. Shout out to my mom, my sister. I put all this person on them. We got the ten, we got the fifteen, We got the twenty.
Speaker 6: Shout out to my mom and my sister. You going got the twenty five going.
Speaker 7: Shout out to my mama and my sister. You know what I'm saying, because you know, they just support me. They won't tell me I put the burden on them.
Speaker 6: But what I'm telling you.
Speaker 7: Is this, I did it because I loved it, and I learned it as I went. I learned as I went. You understanding. Once again, I networked with people I got. She exchanged phone numbers with other dudes out in Cali who had twenty restaurants, this and that. How you manage this, how you deal with this, how you keep up with the finances, how you do this? And I learned it as we win and we're still here.
Speaker 9: When did you get involved in in wink style?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 7: I'm not even sure, like five years ago. No, it was more than five years ago. It was more than five It was much more than five years ago. We much are we over a decade? Then we over a decade?
Speaker 9: Then you invest in stocks at all?
Speaker 6: I do? I do.
Speaker 7: I got a little bit, you know what I'm saying. But I'm gonna tell you this right, my mama taught me.
Speaker 6: She said Will. She called me my real name. She say, Will. You can't let these people play with your money.
Speaker 7: If you buy something, you gotta be able to touch it. I said, what you mean, Mama, you gotta have an address. I'll never forget that you dig. And so what I did was that's what I basically put my money in. You know what I'm saying, Real estate, franchise and shit that I could pull up and actually see standing on a corner straight up and down. But in the last couple of years, I got some people that I'm real cool with, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: They, you know, made a.
Speaker 7: Few investments, Bitcoin, etcetera, etcetera, a few more things, and you know, I can't let everybody had the whole party to themselves, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: So I slid a little something.
Speaker 3: The reason why I asked you that because I was throwing some research and wingstop stock was twenty.
Speaker 10: Ernest, what's up? You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, or seats of digital tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow It's not just about payments, It's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, But understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 13: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christine nom the United States Secretary of Home Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you were here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right.
Speaker 10: Leave now.
Speaker 13: Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 6: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: Five dollars five years ago and it's one hundred and thirty seven today, So that's a four hundred and forty eight percent a creek.
Speaker 9: So I would have.
Speaker 3: To do the biggest I would have to think that Rose definitely helped boost the company's stop.
Speaker 9: Brought the stock up for sure, We'll say so.
Speaker 7: I would think, yeah, you know what, once we got we got in the franchise side, you know, we most definitely would wing stop, you know, sit on that side as well.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, what's the process of getting like the franchise is it like I know what the McDonald's is like. You gotta pay like a million dollars just to get the thing, and then you got to go through the training and.
Speaker 9: All that because you have to go through that too.
Speaker 3: It was like since you Rick Ross, it's kind of like a little different as far as you're getting a franchise.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm straight up.
Speaker 7: That's why I continue to give my sister and my mother they props, you know what I'm saying. They went, they got college degrees, they both you know, college educated, you know what I'm saying. And so I make sure I stress this as much as possible. We gotta start with the ones around us and the ones that love us most, because a lot of times we could be looking for somebody to help us do something when the motherfucker you need is right next to you. And that's what I did, you know what I mean. And I'm blessed. I trust my sister and my mom. I tell them what the ideas. I tell them what the players, and they they pull it off. They executed. So all the times they had to go to the course, you know this Sinati, You know I gave them them hugs before the love your mom. They and they pulled it off for me. So you know, fortunate for me. That's why I'm able to have my hands on so many things, is because they take the stress off. I let them know to play and the idea and they executed.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you a question about so early a Lisia is a we have a whole platform a business, and a lot of people say, don't work with family, but we only work with family. Everybody that's employed is the people that we grew up with, are friends or actually like family, and it's worked out for us. You spoke about that very eloquently before, where you say, like you don't have to give your mom money, you don't have to give your sister money.
Speaker 9: No, you don't want it like that.
Speaker 3: You put them in a position and now they actually are running businesses and they have income coming in. So now not only do they have something to do, because like you get somebody money but they just bore it at home all day like they actually running a business. But then also the stimulating your economy, you stimulate their economy. And you was like, if you're giving people money, it's only so long before you get jammed up.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 7: I'm a firm believer that if somebody don't want it themselves, regardless of how much you give them, they ain't gonna have shit, no way. I'm fortunate. My mother's a self made millionaire. My sister she has a car lot, she does a bunch of other shit. She's a millionaire herself, you understand. So if you're dealing with somebody that you can't trust, you just got to take it for what it is.
Speaker 6: You know, I'm blessed. I could trust my family.
Speaker 7: I could trust my sister, I trust my mother, And that's what the play is. And they know that's how it is. We like the mob like that, you know what I'm saying, And that's that's just how it goes. And I believe you gotta have some type of understanding with somebody to really excel like that. You gotta have somebody you could call into your office and really have those real genuine talks with to take this ship over because a lot of times, being an entrepreneur and a boss, you're gonna hit some potholes and some stumbles. That's gonna test everything. Y'all level did, tests everything y'all lever built anything y'all lever dreamed of, and you gotta be prepared.
Speaker 10: For that equally as impressive as the wingstop. And is uh your venture into the spirits industry. And so I'm interested to find how'd you enter into this Bellot Roads because this is like one of our favorite champaigns. You said you set the care back is the uh, we're gonna need another one very few. So, so how was that process and who walked you through it? And talk about that a little bit?
Speaker 6: Well for me?
Speaker 7: For me in the Bellair Road situation, it was real genuine. I was actually introduced to bell Air by DJ Clue New York City Findings.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: We had a party one night in New York City and want to say it was greenhouse or something.
Speaker 6: Walk into like a.
Speaker 7: Falling trees and leaves on the I was like, yo, I was in the zone, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: And I had some bell there that night.
Speaker 7: I never forget In the following morning, I called him and asked him, like, Yo, what's up with that? I need some more of that, you know what I mean? And it was just a genuine vibe. He was like, Yo, they just building their thing, give me the contact. Let me let them know I love it. I don't even want nothing. I just want to let them know. This is what it is, and this is what I want to. Let a lot of people know that. A lot of times, to actually build on whatever it is you do, you got to really really just strategize and do it out of love. It's a lot of people that come to my dms Rosey, what you do this for me?
Speaker 6: Now, I ain't even mad.
Speaker 7: At you, that's cool, but a lot of times for me to separate you from any of the other motherfuckers that I feel don't have a vis guess what the first thing I'm looking for? Okay, if I was doing this, you know what I would have did first. I would have posted one of Rick ross albums first. This is what I want you to do, because guess what I'm gonna do and let me know you got a vision. I'm gonna fuck with you. This is what I've done with brands time and time again. I did it with bel Air just out of love, genuinely supported bel Air. I did it in the last few months on my story with Rap Snacks and James Lindsey. I got on the fucking Instagram and just said, Yo, I just had some of these rap snacks. They taste good as hell. I want my face on the bag. I can't play basketball, I can't play baseball, but I want to be.
Speaker 6: On a bag.
Speaker 7: And guess what I showed love for maybe ninety days in a row. And I sat down and we had a business meeting and we the deal one time for rap snacks James Linden.
Speaker 9: James shout the wise intelligence.
Speaker 7: So all I'm just telling you is, let's be strategic at whatever it is you're doing. Before you reach out to somebody, do something in their favor, bring something to the table. That's what you gotta do to be respected as a boss. And that's what I did. I wanted to get to know how the spirits work. I'm Ricky Rose exactly. You understand I don't. I'm not looking for a job, but what I want to do is look for knowledge. So I met the CEO, Brett and in exchange for the knowledge he shared with me. Let me sit in on the on the business meetings, on the calls, on this and that.
Speaker 6: Yo, I'm gonna show us some love. I enjoy it.
Speaker 7: And guess what in the future, I know anything I want to know to be able to do anything I want to do.
Speaker 6: But right now it's just out of love, genuine Here.
Speaker 10: We gotta text that we officially bail their boys.
Speaker 3: Shout the letter like that, shout the lett strike me as an extremely humble person and also a knowledge, a sponge of knowledge. Diddy, I believe you Sawday's management company right a lot from Diddy. You spoke about the president that of bellet how important speak to these people? How important is it to just a lot of time? You feel like you already? Rick Ross, You're a boss, like you know what I'm saying. But how important is it to just understand that there's always something else to learn and you can always learn from somebody?
Speaker 7: Okay, first and first, you got to ask yourself first and foremost, how much do you want to know? How much do you want to learn? And be straight up and down with yourself. I'm the biggest boss far as I'm concerned. Ricky Rose. But I'm still the student of the game. I still want to learn something right now, straight up and down. And when I'm around the big homies, who got something to share with me? Or regardless, it could be somebody that's sweeping the floor in the background. If you got something to share with me, Rose, I want to hear it.
Speaker 6: I want it. Yeah, I could never have too much of that.
Speaker 7: And so once again, that's the passionateg it.
Speaker 6: Bring some to the table.
Speaker 7: If you're a boss, if you're an executive, go out your way, make that phone call later today, call somebody that you know you ain't call. Usually thank them for whatever they did, have them go to that next level.
Speaker 6: Reward them.
Speaker 11: Yeah, one of the best pieces of business advice.
Speaker 10: And I want you, Agatt, to speak to the over twelve hundred people out of he you said, knowing what not to do is as equally as important as knowing what to do. And so in business, what are some things that you've learned or you experienced over your career of not to do this?
Speaker 7: Well, me being a boss, one of the first things I know not to do is I don't slammer one of my teammates with the rest of the team. Were not gonna huddle weapon na. If it's a problem, we'll discuss that, and then we're gonna bring it to the table and address it in an honorable way. Even if for Mark fucker may not like the results, were gonna do it in an honorable way. So once again, yeah, so once again my teammates, that's with me. The dudes that's sacrificing not only they time, they life, Whatever it is we're doing, they know they're.
Speaker 6: Doing it for a genuine cause.
Speaker 7: And like I say, the same person you have next to you that may only goddamn help you reach fifty percent of your goals under my direction, may help me reach one hundred percent.
Speaker 6: Now what can we do to change that?
Speaker 7: What we got to do is make sure we learn and understand how to bring the best out of everybody that surround us.
Speaker 3: Have you ever thought about like audio, like you're like you like when you talk, it's like you're one of the great narrators. It's like, what's the guy, what's the black actor? The Morgan Freeman?
Speaker 9: Like a moment like a Morgan Freeman.
Speaker 3: Yo, you're gifted, man, you really got talent with that.
Speaker 6: Man, I'm gonna be honest. I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 7: I spoke with somebody about that before, but I told him right now, I'm not interested.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: I just want to continue to connect with the young entrepreneurs who hit me through my social media platform, and that's basically the only ones I talked to. I wasn't doing this before the pandemic, but I understood once the pandemic the game change. We got to communicate differently. Now the ship I want I wake up walking barefoot in the morning, and shit, having barefoot.
Speaker 3: I want to ask you, so, you had one of the most legendary business moves in the last couple of years with coming to America too. Obviously everybody knows what's film at your house, but yeah, that's Princess Amulda. But you actually you actually caught a bag off of that right right, right right? Can you talk about that a little bit?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it wasn't just for.
Speaker 3: Sure, like what you mean, like you you told it, like I'm saying, like people would have been like a lot of people are just been like, yo.
Speaker 9: This is just for the look.
Speaker 7: Yeah, No, that ain't why we hustling. That ain't why we grinding is this is a business and you got to execute your business. So what you got to realize is, you know, I'm from Miami. I love being in Miami, and I love Atlanta. It's a lot of big business going on in Atlanta. I believe it's more films in production in Atlanta than it is in Cali because of the tax breaks, et cetera that's going on in Georgia. And so you got to understand when when somebody like coming to America to Eddie Murphy and Paramount Films is putting together these films. These are a hundred million dollar budgets, and when they decide for your state to be, you know, the location for forty percent of the film, you gotta understand what's going on. So you know, right off the rip, man, I gotta say salute to Eddie Murphy.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: We did some good business and that's what it's about. And I did that with a lot of my automobiles.
Speaker 6: It's a lot of.
Speaker 7: Things going on. And ship Rose want the paper, Rose want the money. If it's about getting money, let's do it in the honorable fashion. Then let's get it on.
Speaker 10: And we can't We're not gonna pretend like you weren't in the movie. We definitely got you in the movie. And oh yeah, I recall you acting. That's the that's the negotiator.
Speaker 7: I ain't pressing nobody to give me a little cavio you. I just let him know I could work my accent being around my head.
Speaker 6: Shit, Homies, I can't mess me.
Speaker 11: It's acting something you want to keep pursuing. I remember you in a few series.
Speaker 10: So is that something that down the line as we grow businesses, acting something you want to continue to pursue.
Speaker 7: You know, I feel like, you know, the last few conversations I've been having with a few homies, I think you know, you never know you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: You never know, you never know? You know?
Speaker 7: Am I gonna really go in audition? Rose may missed all, But if y'all work something out with me, I may make that happen.
Speaker 10: I want to talk about a business vesual that you said you didn't do. You said the cigarette smoking, But I know cookies is something that you're invested in, and so cookies is coming to.
Speaker 6: Miami, Cookies is coming to mind.
Speaker 11: You're invested in that because that shout out to Burn.
Speaker 10: Can you talk about that because I know some people who have been to the store in Cali.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and it's incredible.
Speaker 6: It's amazing.
Speaker 11: He talking about what's coming to my cookies.
Speaker 7: Cookies is the number one man, It's the number one strand when it comes to cannabis. You know what I'm saying, y'all know I'm you know, I love to smoke. I love to do it.
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 7: It's also you know, you know, it also helps me with my seizure situation. So y'all could make sure y'all put that in there too.
Speaker 6: You do it for me. See, we're just purposes on you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: But what I did was I created a partnership with Burning. We sat down, I created Collins APF. You know what I'm saying, cannabis, and we created a partnership. We launched early last year. It was a huge success. Pink Rose, Lemon Pepper, you know, the other strands we sell out, you know, first few minutes in the stores, and the end of this year it's gonna be another few strands going on. But once again, that's something that I love. Spirits, cannabis. These are all multi billion dollar industries that I love. Why would I keep myself from getting money with the shit I love?
Speaker 6: So make sure this is what you do when you sit.
Speaker 7: Down and you at home, you look at everything that's going on around you that's getting money, and you find a way to put yourself in the middle of it.
Speaker 6: But be a plus.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this if we can, a lot of time we speak to like entertainers and athletes and people always asking like their favorite highlights of.
Speaker 9: Their career, like Lebron dunking over Terry's tricks and Terry shout to Jason Terry. I wanted, I want, I want to act.
Speaker 3: I want to ask you what's your favorite highlight in business? What's the thing that you're most proud of your like you like damn, I'm really finessed that situation crazy, Like, what's your favorite business highlight for your career?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 7: I got a few, you know what I'm saying. I got a few.
Speaker 6: I can't, I can't.
Speaker 7: You know, I'm thankful, you know what I'm saying. That's one thing that you know, they'll let you know. I'm grateful whatever it is. For my very first franchise when we cracked twenty five.
Speaker 6: As we continue to grow.
Speaker 7: You know, being a franchise e was something I never could you know, fathom that was the perfect word for that. And you know, here we are, you know, a part of so many successful brands. It could have been album number ten. You know, that's where everything drive from my music and my passion for the music that I make. Album number ten most definitely was you know you in the club and you know that tier run down. You gotta ease that motherfucker, you know what I'm saying, And it's just all the love you getting in the fans that's been there, you know since oh six. So you know, maybe cracking that album number ten may have been to one for Rose.
Speaker 3: Can we go overside for a few minutes? You got a couple of minutes. I think they said listen to it, brother, all right at this.
Speaker 11: That album mode.
Speaker 10: So in my mind I got I got a you go, you go, you go, because I'm I'm thinking about music.
Speaker 1: Guy.
Speaker 3: Well, since we I wanted to ask them in real estate question. All right, real estate, so everybody knows you got to be in the Holy Feelds property deeply discounted, and I believe you just brought another property in Miami from ballplayer?
Speaker 9: Would you get Martin? Start of mind?
Speaker 6: Correct?
Speaker 9: But you're buying these products.
Speaker 3: So, like we teach real estate, it's like, you know, you get the stressed properties, low market value, right, So how are you getting because you're getting like mansions, Well you're getting a deep discount. Everything you need to get you need to get on a discount.
Speaker 9: And how you evaluating that way? It's like, all right, this.
Speaker 3: Is the time for me to get this five million dollar crib for three million later.
Speaker 7: So really it's just that's being prepared as a boss. You could be prepared or you could be ill prepared. Having capital keeps you in a position where you prepared when something presents itself somebody in another situation, you could capitalize on it. That's what it's all about. I'm in a position where some shit come across from me. Five minutes later, I'm at the realist. I'm at the I'm at the property. I'm meeting with the realtor. The realtor don't know I know the owner. I'm talking with the realtor. She's a beautiful young lady. She helping me out. I'm looking at the house. Ten minutes later, I told her it's mine.
Speaker 6: And she looking like, what do you mean it's mine? Baby? Like a ball, she says, So if it's yours.
Speaker 7: With baby, she's going to do your loan. Do you want it in the box? Baby? It's mine, thank you. And that's straight up how I go keeping your capital and keep you in a position of power. When something that's worth ten million come up and it's they selling it for four million, buy it. It's gonna be worth money. I've never lost money with real estate. I never have.
Speaker 3: Well, there you have it, ladies and gentlemen. I believe that we got the hard stop. But Drake, the album is the album coming.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 7: Shout out to Drizzy Drake. Y'all make some noise for Drizzy Drake.
Speaker 11: Stepping on my kicks or get you fucked up?
Speaker 7: Yeah, big time one time for Drizzy Drake. Me and my brother we most definitely had a conversation discussing us, you know, putting the project together and you know the way we would do it, and you know, of course there's nothing in concrete, but we had to speak on it because that's something that's been in the a F for many years now with Yolo et cetera, and you know, the way we vibe, the way we connect. It's always been, you know, just some smooth player shit. You know what I'm saying straight up, And I always liked that line right there.
Speaker 11: I had to tell that to my try to step up my new niggas.
Speaker 3: I said, we appreciate you, bro what you had more time man. But first of all, I want to say thank you because you might not even realize that you really was one of the major inspirations for this financial literacy movement.
Speaker 9: You deemed dash jay Z.
Speaker 3: A couple of other people like watching your moves, you know what I'm saying, Like us as hip hop fans, like we didn't have talent to rap, but we watched your business moves and we got a lot of inspiration and motivation from the things that you was doing outside of the world of entertainment. So first and foremost, thank you for that.
Speaker 11: Yes, sir, Yes, sir, Yes sir.
Speaker 6: That's amazing.
Speaker 9: That's amazing man.
Speaker 7: For everybody that share today, I just want you to know when you when you speaking with your business partners, your colleagues, when you speaking on your dreams, make sure the look that's in your eyes are different from when you talking about anything else.
Speaker 6: Make sure the look that's in your eyes.
Speaker 7: When you talking about your fucking dreams, it's different from any other time you talking about any of that other ship.
Speaker 6: Man. Thank you' all for having me Roseanne, Rose Rose.
Speaker 9: I appreciate you, jam thank you.
Speaker 11: Can we just I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna do a pick back.
Speaker 14: Yeah, every damn hustling, hustling, hustling, hustling, hustling.
Speaker 8: That's that's sling.
Speaker 6: Hustling. That's it. That's sling.
Speaker 8: Hustling every DAYN hustling every day. I hustling every DAYN hustling every day, hustling every DAYN hustling every day. I hustling every damn every damn every DAYN.
Speaker 14: Hustling every day, hustling every DAYN hustling every damn hustling every damn hustling every DAYN hustling every damn hustling.
Speaker 12: Reply reply reply, Who the fuck is they you're talking with? Out the fucking boss, say a bony pile?
Speaker 6: Why on white?
Speaker 9: That's rigging row.
Speaker 12: I cut him part, I cut him boll I cut him fast. I keep him coming back, we keep him coming back.
Speaker 6: I'm in the distribution.
Speaker 9: I'm like ant Landing.
Speaker 12: I got no futher fucker's pie across the act lanted. I know palm, no Doriega, the real Doriega.
Speaker 6: He hear me a hundred papers.
Speaker 12: I ain't petty data. We find a whole day. See must of my homies.
Speaker 7: Take in this dinner.
Speaker 12: O heay my room peg my money right, I'm bon a petty show you what up running like when they snatch black? I cried for one hundred times. He got a hundred parties serving a hundred.
Speaker 6: Mussels run see.
Speaker 14: Day every muscling, every day.
Speaker 15: We never steal, but we beat a hard whipp it, real hard. Whipp whipp it real hard. Going to job, read the music on. We ain't stopped writing hard. We ain't stop it right there can.
Speaker 9: Tell you you're going turn that ship up.
Speaker 7: Kids.
Speaker 6: Oh go my bunny stuff. Steve were talking about money right.
Speaker 4: My graduates from my school being forced back drop bags drop, Mike, drop back drop drop.
Speaker 16: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday? How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use indeed stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites with indeed sponsored jobs. Your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen. Just go to indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need