Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and jettating and now he Armstrong and Getty. The percentage of US adults who say they consume alcohol has fall into fifty four percent, the lowest in ninety years. But Gallup says the poll has a margin of era of plus or minus two. Kamala Harris's.
Speaker 1: That's really interesting. Americans are consuming alcohol at the lowest rate in ninety years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, why for any things? I think there are other substances available now they're legal, Plus that this is just the trend line among younger people than a number of different theories floated for as to why. Nobody's really sure. It's not great for your health, but the world. But you compare it with where we are.
Speaker 1: Emotionally, it seems like people are less happy, more angry. The world is in more turmoil than it has been in the past. SOO, you are drinking less?
Speaker 2: Well, maybe you know the whole I'm a social drinker thing always seemed odd to me as a guy who prefers to drink alone, muttering angly in the dark. But I think for a lot of humanity, people drink more when they're together and having fun. Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's stunning, though, I mean, I mean that's a notable number.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, it's astounding.
Speaker 1: It's not the This is the lowest level of this since twenty twenty one. I mean, that's wort, it's ute, whatever.
Speaker 2: But ninety years Yeah, okay, so big day to day.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you followed Friday. I did closely all day long. I was mostly disappointed. I have been talked down somewhat by a variety of pundits from being on the on the edge of jumping off a building over.
Speaker 2: The way on Friday.
Speaker 1: What are we discussing the whole Trump putin Zolensky, Ukraine, Russia.
Speaker 2: Thank ah, and the red carpet, the warm handshake, et cetera.
Speaker 1: I personally hated the warm handshake in the red carpet and the ride in the car. I'm being told by some of the smart people I like that that is meaningless pageantry. Trump was trying to shmooz him and get his way. It didn't work, but ultimately doesn't mean anything. That's probably true, and then nothing nothing concrete that we're aware of came out of Friday, which I'm being told is and is probably true, wasn an unrealistic expectation. Trump shouldn't have set any expectation for that. It's the opening salvo of what could.
Speaker 2: Be a long negotiation.
Speaker 1: So but now today you got all the European leaders for the most part coming to the White House today. That's never happened before, and Zolensky's going to be there. Let me read from a couple of different publications about what's going on. So here's the Associated Press's version. Today's meeting will likely be very tough for Zelenski. An official close to the ongoing talk said that official spoke on a condition of man and nimity to speak openly about the thinking within Ukraine and between allies. Zelensky needs to prevent a scenario in which he gets blamed for blocking peace talks by rejecting Putin's maximalist demand on the don Bass.
Speaker 2: The official said.
Speaker 1: It is a demand that Zelensky has said many times he'll never accept because it's unconstitutional. His constitutional doesn't allow him to accept it even if he wanted to, and could create a launching pad for future Russian attacks. If confronted with pressure to accept Putin's demands, Zolensky.
Speaker 2: Would very likely have to revert to a.
Speaker 1: Skill he has demonstrated time and time again diplomatic tact. I mean, leadership is seeking a trilateral meeting with Zelensky, Trump, and Putin to discuss sensitive matters, including territorial issues. So that is the concern that, Well, let me get to Trump's truth social that he put out overnight in case you didn't hear it. President Zelensky and Ukraine can end the war with Russia almost immediately if he wants to, or he can continue to fight. So if Trump hits him with that right off the bat, Look, you can end this thing now if you want to, and then just like leave it there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the same way that every victim of an aggressor can end it if they want to, by surrendering, by letting the aggressor have what they want. Let him gobble up your country, let them rape.
Speaker 1: You, let them steal from you, let them whatever it's going to be.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, Hey, Ukraine, lie back and enjoy it. I find that despicable. That's ridiculous. Why hasn't he said that of Putin? Hey, Putin. You could end the fighting right now. Why don't you? Why'd you invade your neighbor based on your fantasies, your covid eer of fantasies of you know, restoring this Soviet empire. Great. No, I think.
Speaker 1: The response from Trump Rubio would be and it's not because Russia's got something on him, or he loves authoritarian leaders, or he wants to be like Putin and be a dictator.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's the of that.
Speaker 1: I think it just might be he just sees in deals how it's gonna turn out, whether you like it or not. Who's got the leverage, who's got the power. Putin doesn't have to under any circumstances, whereas Zelensky kind of has.
Speaker 2: To take it.
Speaker 1: It's not and as Marco Rubio kept saying on the Sunday Shows yesterday, you might you might not find this palatable. It's not moral, you might not like it, it's unfair, it's all of those things.
Speaker 2: But it's just where we are. Yeah. I just I wish they would go ahead and say we are not willing to help Ukraine enough to turn the tide. I guess everybody can tell it. Neither you see that. Well, no, I don't think so. Well, we'll see what comes out of these meetings, because Europe is talking very tough, and I hear you snickering, and you should be friends. Europe is talking about well, you know what, I've got some of the quotes in front of me. But no, they're they're making very strong statements about we're with Ukraine, we're not capitulating, we're not giving away land.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I et cetera. I'm informed heavily by my people. I like listening to on the London Telegraph podcast constantly berating their European allies, including their own country, for not stepping up more over the last three years with money, equipment, maybe troops whatever. They've had three years to be like the Central Force. Again, I go back to that quote from what's his name from Poland? Why are we the five hundred million counting on the three hundred million to protect us against one hundred and fifty million?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah, And some of these quotes are tough talk. I mean, like your Gale, Georgia Maloney of Italy said, after three and a half years in which Russia demanded nothing less than the capitulation of Ukraine quote today finally glimmers of dialogue were happening, in part because of a stalemate in the war, which she attributed in part to the United support that the West has given Ukraine. Quote. The unity of the West, from my point of view, is also the instrument we have to build peace and ensure justice, adding that Italy stood by Ukraine since the beginning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, rhetorically, but yeah, so you know, I had this quote, you can.
Speaker 2: Hit Pootin over the head with those words ow ow stop well, or they can't.
Speaker 1: So I had this quote last week from somebody commenting on the situation of Europe.
Speaker 2: There are those that can but won't.
Speaker 1: There's those who want to but can't. I'd put her in that category, and then they're those who can't those that can't and won't. I mean, so Italy just isn't a strong enough country. So she's kind of talking big with Germany's money or the United States's weapon han.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, seriously, what's Italy gonna do? Sweetheart?
Speaker 1: A little more from a reporting Washington Post.
Speaker 2: This is pretty interesting.
Speaker 1: The US is hoping that a trilateral meeting with Trump, Putin, and Zelensky will take place this week, according to White House official.
Speaker 2: So you thought that was a big deal last week.
Speaker 1: How about Zulensky, Trump and Putin together this week somewhere? And then finally the Wall Street Journal on a possible US role and a post piece deal in Ukraine.
Speaker 2: Such a role, military.
Speaker 1: Analysts say, wouldn't need to involve US boots on the ground in Ukraine, but could include indirect support such as having US Air Force fighters stationed right outside Ukraine at the ready, providing European forces with US made air defense systems, flying drones over Ukraine, et cetera, et cetera. So the idea that there are some European boots on the ground, and we got our planes and drones and everything right on the border ready to go at any moment, ready to go, but will they be used.
Speaker 2: Vlad Putin is a strategic genius. He will invent provocations, fake incursions, and remove any moral clarity from the West striking back at him. In the scenario you've described, We'll have our stuff at the ready, but we won't dare use it because the facts on the ground are unclear. Not wanting to escalate the Trump administration, blah blah blah, I just I got a very bad feeling about this. There's only one thing that Putin understands. That's force. But if you're not willing to use that force or generate that force, or collect it or whatever, then you know, let's stop pretending, right, Putin might let's just go ahead and surrender.
Speaker 1: This whole time, Putin might have been calculated on the fact that, if it came down to it, NATO isn't going to go to war with Russia to protect Ukraine m hm.
Speaker 2: The end, and he'll have the rest of Ukraine as much as he wants. You know, in a while he's old, he might not get there. But well, you're taking a dim view of things. Yeah, I'm just a realist. Oh cold, wake up and smell the cold coffee.
Speaker 1: Yeah well, well, well, I'd be shocked if we don't know the end of the day, either by something Trump says or a statement by Europe. I have a feeling that European leaders are not going to feel the need to uh dance around this at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: What do you think.
Speaker 1: If I would if Putin lays it on Zelensky, Hey, look, thanks for wearing a jacket, but you don't have the cards either.
Speaker 2: Truman, I mean Trump.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if Trump says to Zelensky, look, thanks for wearing a jacket, but you don't have the cards, you could end this today.
Speaker 2: What is wrong with you?
Speaker 1: Do you think Europe will come out and say no, no, no, no, no, wa ain't happen it.
Speaker 2: Well, if they did accept it, that would be a complete reversal of what they've been saying. I would be surprised if Trump said, you know, we're not going to support you anymore. There's no point. It's just more people dying. You've got a surrender. I suppose it's possible Europe would spin it and try to build up the security guarantees as rhetorically as high as they can make them sound. I don't know, I truly don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, Marco said Marco Rubio, the Secretary of State, said yesterday that Russia had twenty thousand dead last month, twenty thousand in a month. But as he said, they've got a lot more meat to feed into the meat grinder than Ukraine. Does I mean that's some hard gold reality.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is. And actually I appreciate that play as sixty one on Michael, If you would Mark go here and what it's going to take to stop the fighting.
Speaker 3: If we're being honest and serious here is both sides are going to have to give, and both sides should expect to get something from this, and that's a very difficult thing to do. It's very difficult because Ukraine obviously feels you know, harmed, and rightfully so, because they were invaded, and the Russian side because they feel like they've got momentum in the battlefield and frankly don't care, don't seem to care very much about how many Russian soldiers die in this endeavor.
Speaker 2: They just turned through it.
Speaker 1: Mh.
Speaker 2: The only thing that's going to appease Russia is giving them more than they currently hold on the battlefield. Otherwise, why would they accept it unless their manpower and financial problems are even worse than we realize.
Speaker 1: That's a tough reality. Putin should say that out loud. Why would I quit unless I'm going to get more than I've gotten now, because I can get it on my own.
Speaker 2: Well, right and the requirements that you know, people have tried it out so far for Putin to accept the deal giving up that critical corridor of defensive cities that would render Ukraine defenseless, so they can't accept that deal.
Speaker 1: It's so hard to break out of the headspace of what's right and what's wrong sometimes and just settle into what is sure. And it's all kinds of wrong that Putin took chunks of Ukraine and might get to keep it and this and that. But who's gonna stop him? Are you gonna stop him? Well, then shut up if you're not. The European leaders are arriving at the White House now and it's gonna be quite a day.
Speaker 2: More on the waista here? What's going on with that song? That Bruce Bringsteen's song?
Speaker 1: Wait, guys here, little girl at your daddy home?
Speaker 2: Do you go and leave you all alone?
Speaker 1: I just got all I say is why am I hearing this in a Chipotle? That's not an appropriate things?
Speaker 4: Not?
Speaker 2: Oh my, that's okay.
Speaker 1: I have noticed my kids and I run remember this the other day? What was the first restaurant that decided we should have music playing all the time? We were at like a chain breakfast place. The other day, I have a little breakfast there's music.
Speaker 2: Playing the fairly decent volume like most places. Who's the first to decide that? And why you know there's been the tinkling piano background music, like your classy joints forever, or somebody playing in the corner or what have you. I don't know. It's it's everywhere, though it's retails. The stores have pop music cranking all the time because it makes people happier, I guess, and less likely to cuss out the help. I don't know.
Speaker 1: If you go into a store, like if you're in the gap and there's not music playing, would you be weirded out? Feel kind of dead and not?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I yeah, I'm in a weird minority in the world of golf, having a speaker in the cart listening to music the whole way around the golf court. Really more guys that I know are thumbs up than down by far.
Speaker 1: Wow, So I haven't played golf in twenty years or something like that, But that would have been unheard of back when I played.
Speaker 3: Dan.
Speaker 1: The idea of music blessing out of anything, well, it's.
Speaker 2: Generally not blasting at you know, unless you're I don't know, at a public course, so where nobody cares. But it's it a reasonable volume. I don't can it, But I'm in the minority.
Speaker 1: Huh people want that all the time.
Speaker 2: Huh is it just needing input? I don't know. I generally when I listen to music, I'm listening to music, not as background music. But you know, you know, teach their own generally.
Speaker 1: When I was playing golf, I love the fact that it was just so silent out there.
Speaker 2: I know, the birds chirping and the sounds of I know, that's like my favorite part of it. But again, I'm in the minority. I had to accept it. But it's it's kind of annoying in a couple of different ways in that you know, you maybe you're in this cart and the other guys are over there another cart, they're fifty yards away, and you find what you think is their ball there in the rough. You say titleist four, and they're like, what titleist four?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: There's a titleist four right here? Is it yours? Because you got to talk over the music, You gotta yell over the music, and or they're talking way louder than they think they are, because it's sure over the music as you're trying to hit a shot. But again, I'm in the minority. It's fine, yeah you are, you're on the older end. It's not like I'm on the receiving end of Putin's attacks on Ukraine, for instance. I try to keep my woes in perspective. So I used up all my time.
Speaker 1: I was going to talk about how I was in the emergency vet with my dog pretty much all night Saturday night, like the entire night, oh, from midnight until four. Then I came home for forty five minutes and went back at six, So it's basically a Pomona. Everything was fine, but I got no sleep.
Speaker 2: Anyhow.
Speaker 1: We got more news of the day and a bunch of other stuff to catch you up on Stayer.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 1: We had to break the news that Zelensky is not gonna wear a jacket. He's gonna show up in his military outfit anyway. Who knows what that's true or not, although our executive producer hands and said, I predict Zelensky will exit the limo in an Uncle Sam costume, followed by four aids, each of whom is dressed as a president on Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 2: Wow, that could be effective. Trump does enjoy pageantry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well, I say that was some pageantry on Friday, Holy Cow, including the B two bombers flying overhead right as they shook hands and we're getting ready to walk off.
Speaker 2: That was something B two and F thirty five. So I think it was most advanced fighter.
Speaker 1: Most badass planes on planet Earth, flying right o our head.
Speaker 2: But like like you said earlier, I don't think that has any effect on potin like, I know you have planes. I know how many planes in which ones? I know?
Speaker 1: Oh, that's right, You're a powerful military effort.
Speaker 2: God, dang it, Maybe I better rethink everything I've done. Trump Trump with his you know, we're a great power. They're a great power pretty much number one and number two. China's thinking, wait, what right? No, Russia is a midget with one giant muscular arm. As I've said before, they're nuclear armaments. That's it there. They're an economic midget. They're a military midget unless you're an even smaller country next door. Is that a thing?
Speaker 1: Little people that have one big strong arm.
Speaker 2: In this case, it is. It's the one and only Trump one. Trump just truthed this out. I've settled six wars in six months. It's one of them a possible nuclear disaster. And yet I have to read and listen to the wall Street Journal and many other who truly don't have a clue tell me everything that I am doing wrong on the Russia Ukraine mess. That is Sleepy Joe Biden's war, not mine. I'm only here to stop it, not to prosecute it any further. It would never have happened if I was president.
Speaker 1: I know exactly what I'm doing, and I don't need the advice of people who have been working on all these conflicts for years. We're not able to stop them. They are stupid people with no common sense, intelligence or understanding, and they only make the current Russia Ukraine disaster more difficult to fix. Despite all of my lightweight and very jealous critics, I'll get it done.
Speaker 2: I always do. President Donald J. Trump, we will see. We'll know more at the end of the day. I'm not sure those kind.
Speaker 1: Of statements have any positive effect on anything. But Marco Rubio said he was on every single talk show yesterday as a Secretary of State, and he said a couple of different times, Look, we don't even have to do this.
Speaker 2: It's not our war.
Speaker 1: We're just trying to help end of war because lots of people are dying if it doesn't work out. Americans' lives won't be changed at all. We'll go back to living our lives, whether it ends or whether it doesn't. He said that a couple of different times.
Speaker 2: That's the whole it's happening over there. It doesn't matter to us. Argument that's been made several times throughout history, World War One and World War Two in particular. Yeah, well, well in the Cold War to a large extent. I mean, why do we care if the Communists take all over all of East Asia? Because we do according to you know, people who hold that point of view Domino theory. Yeah, I don't. I look, that's fine, he can make that argument, but it's not like it's an original and groundbreaking argument. This is a European problem. If har Hitler has a claim to the Sudatean land, that's their problem, you know, and look it being you know, that situation being that way then is not proof that this situation is analogous. I'm not saying it is, But Marco Rubio can't claim that it's automatically obviously not either. So this is some breaking ish news too.
Speaker 1: Sources tell Newsmax that Putin has dropped his objection to teaching the Ukrainian language in Ukraine. Well, how kind of you to allow a country to teach their children their language. That's very nice, Vita, because he was demanding that only Russian part of his deal.
Speaker 2: Now, this has got to.
Speaker 1: Be in the realm of you ask for some things you're not going to get, just you can give on those and hang on to the things you care about.
Speaker 2: But one of his asks was, you know, I get all the don Bass.
Speaker 1: You're not NATO and everybody needs to speak Russian in Ukraine.
Speaker 2: Well, we don't teach English. Well, we have English classes, but we teach you how to be transgender during them in this country. So we've already given that up. Uh.
Speaker 1: He says, differences to be worked out on how to define and implement a ceasefire. Okay, Russian security guarantees for Ukraine, allowing NATO to come to Ukraine's defense if Russia violates it. Wow, did they actually agree to that? Did Putin drop that or say that's okay? Security guarantees for Well, I guess we'll hear about that today.
Speaker 2: Probably Satan is in the details, friends, and I would just assume until proven otherwise that what Putin is calculating is all right, what do I have to agree to to get the US to announce they're through with this m and then we let the desk settle for a couple of months. I re constitute my forces, et cetera. I invent a couple of precur or you know, pretexts for attacks, and then I continue on with my mission in the same way I did. And Trump is not going to rally America at a war. It won't happen.
Speaker 1: By the way I throw this out. I've mentioned it before in the Bob Woodward book about the last year of the Biden administration. Bob Woodward says, Joe Biden gets off the phone with Putin, realizes the invasion is going to happen. There's nothing he can do to stop it, and he's cussing Barack Obama. This is Barack's fault. Brock f this all up by not responding at all when Russia went into Crimea. So even Joe Biden thinks, that's what's got to all this going is there is no response to going into.
Speaker 2: Crimea, right, right, you know, Trump way overplays the whole listen ever would have happened when I was president hand I mean, shut up You've said it a million times. On the other hand, he has a point in that we the United States signal to Putin over and over again. You can pretty much do what you want. And now that Putin has pretty much done what he wanted. Uh, Trump's supposed to end it or fight Putin bravely or something. And I get that he resents or thinks it's lacking in context when, for instance, the Wall Street Journal criticizes the way he's going about it. Yeah, and I don't like the way he's going about it either. But Trump has a point, and I hate that. So Jimmy Carter did this and Barack Obama does this where there were no wars that started under my administration. I'm very proud of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you let people get away with stuff that then the next Republican president had to deal with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's weak, sauce man. Different thing.
Speaker 1: I just came across on the Twitter from Buyern New York or the Washington Examiner. This topic that we were really into last week probably will be again tomorrow. After the initial anti Trump reflects about DC crime, more and more voices are conceding that he was right about the crime in Washington.
Speaker 2: D c.
Speaker 1: Wall Street Journal reporting on people unhappy that the anti crime effort has not yet reached their neighborhoods. So yeah, there was a big low back for like forty eight hours of crime is down in DC. But then more and more people Maureen Dowd in the New York Times over the weekend saying, look, I live in Washington, d C.
Speaker 2: It's very, very scary, right well, and it's hilarious that the argument is morphed from he can't do this. It's totalitarianism when the federal government has the responsibility of administering Washington, d C. And d C is like granted some autonomy when Congress thinks it's appropriate. So the fallback is the Feds are in charge of d C. That's not you know, d C governing itself is not a right, it's a privilege. So that hole is the narrative blew up. The whole crime is actually down, blew up because the police have been openly faking the statistics for a very long time, and anybody of conscience who lives there says, yeah, it's dangerous and scary as hell. But now the narrative is switched to well, they're they're not policing all neighborhoods and some minority neighborhoods there they don't have the National Guard. They're enough. Okay, you people, you're ridiculous. All right, we'll put him in what neighborhood do you want? What scary, predominantly black, crime ridden neighborhood where the National Guard isn't yet? You name it New York Times, and we'll send plenty of guardsmen there too.
Speaker 1: So it's uh Saturday afternoon and Henry tells me that pugsito are pug and his face is all swollen. So I come overlook. So I come over to look at it, and I said, looks like it always.
Speaker 2: Looks to me.
Speaker 1: And he said, no, it's all swollen up.
Speaker 2: See you around here.
Speaker 1: And I said, I thought that's what his face always looked like.
Speaker 2: I didn't really see it.
Speaker 1: But then later Henry says, look at his neck now, and his neck was giant, So that was noticeable, like he had this big.
Speaker 2: Bull giant his neck. Oh boy.
Speaker 1: And so I call the animal hospital that we usually use, which was just about to close on Saturday, and said, this is what happened.
Speaker 2: They said, he's been outside.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course he has a sounds like a beasting or something like that, an allergic reaction to a beasting probably or along those lines. And so give him a ben and drill and everything like that. If he throws up or collapses, though, you're gonna need to get him to the uh, you know, emergency vat right away.
Speaker 2: Me too, is just if I throw up or collapse, get me to a doctor.
Speaker 1: Collapses is difficult, difficult with a dog because they spend I don't know if you have if your dog does this, but they spend a lot of time just lying about.
Speaker 2: So what does a collapse look.
Speaker 1: Like when you spend ninety percent of your life lying there? But anyway, at one point he does he does start throwing up. And this is late night, so he starts throwing up. So I thought, okay, so he's got still got this giant neck and he's thrown up. They told me specifically, if this happens, I gotta go. So I call up the emergency VET. I tell him what's going on. They said, yeah, you better come in, and so I get there at like twelve thirty in the morning on a Saturday night.
Speaker 2: Tell him myself.
Speaker 1: Instead of being bothered by this, she should be thankful that this is happening on a Saturday night and not a Tuesday night or some other night where you'd be having to go to work.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah. I was trying to make lemon nade out of lemons.
Speaker 1: But so we go and we get there, and like every appointment for everything you ever do in your life, it takes like ninety times longer than you think it's going to do. As I'm driving to the vet, I thought the zoo is like fifteen miles away. I could be the zoo in no time handle this old situation. But a lot of you didn't like that from last week.
Speaker 2: So I, oh, went.
Speaker 1: Ahead, lions right, No Katie, no Jack, no Vet, this direction, zoo, this direction.
Speaker 2: I mean, I came to a fork in the road.
Speaker 1: But but I went ahead and went to the vet, and I passed on all all the tests.
Speaker 2: I passed on all the tests.
Speaker 1: We all know how that works if you've ever taken you know, say, we could do this test, we could do an ultrasound, and then we could you know, do nine different kinds of blood tests and everything like that. Next thing, you know, you walk out with a five thousand dollars bill. I just said, note all the tests after they declared that probably okay.
Speaker 2: I mean, looking at him, everything's gonna.
Speaker 1: Be okay, and okay, So I'm just I.
Speaker 2: Passed on all the tests with some concern. But I ended up being there all night long. Brought him home at six thirty in the morning.
Speaker 1: Just waiting for him to be seen, or what combination of waiting to be seen and waiting to see if he's going to stabilize, and you know, just all those kind of things. But I got out of there with a decent sized bill. I happened to live next to the best emergency vet clinic in the world. Oprah brings her pets here, Celebrities fly in with their animals. Kardashians bring their pets here to this particular vet clinic, and they know they're that and they charge accordingly. So it's very easy to get very expensive, very quickly.
Speaker 2: But everything. So, what was wrong with him? I think it was just a beasting or whatever. I think that's that's funny. My sister had a similar situation over the weekend. She thought it was a beasting, but it was an abscessed tooth really in her hound. I said no to the test. I know a lot of you disagree. You say yes to all the tests.
Speaker 1: And you know that's up to you, and they're like my tests, they're like my kids.
Speaker 2: You say, that's fine, you do you all do me.
Speaker 1: We're gonna finish strong next to here.
Speaker 2: So we are not a breaking news show.
Speaker 1: Obviously people listen to it in podcast form or different time zones or whatever. But Zelensky's about to arrive at the White House, and I do want to see if he's wearing a suit or not. And I want to see if Trump says anything to him if he's not wearing a suit, because I can't imagine Trump not making a comment. If Zelensky shows up again in his military outfit, I find that horror. Fine, of course it's horrifying. Of course, it's horrifying that this matter is it matters at all. What would you do, though, your Zelensky? Would you show up in a suit?
Speaker 2: I don't know, absolutely see why you would. But if look, he considers himself the commander in chief and he wears a military garb all the time, I suppose i'd show up in that.
Speaker 1: I don't know, because if you show up in the suit, it is a one hundred percent. I do what you want me to do on your terms. Yeah, that's the worst way to present it. The other way to present it would be, this is the most powerful military on earth that I'm asking for help. I'm gonna be as polite as I possibly can be and respectful to try to get what I want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not wrong. It's a tough one. You want to hear. Here's here, what the hell moment of this story? The first Lady, Melania Trump, who is a very attractive and b knows at least four more languages than I do, has written a letter to Vladimir Putin asking him to stop the killing for the sake of the children. Yeah, hand delivered on Friday. I guess, really, why don't you just write a letter to dogs and ask him to stop barking? I mean, I mean, that's sweet in a way. It's lovely in a way, and a complete idiotic waste of time in another way. Why I don't understand. I didn't react to it was almost counterproductive to me to go to an evil murderer and beg them to stop murdering. That's worse than nothing.
Speaker 1: I didn't react to that story with a heartfell of hate, as you apparently have. But you're starting to convince me that perhaps because I'm trying to pick somebody else. I hate to use Hitler. Everybody uses Hitler all the time as.
Speaker 2: An exig won't use Hitler. But what I'm going to write a letter to hit earlier.
Speaker 1: Hey, this whole murdering jewice thing, I think it's terrible.
Speaker 2: You should stop. Would make me look silly, right, Yeah, exactly, Well, and imploring him as a fellow parent to protect the innocence of children, I'm sure. And again it's a lovely impulse and she seems like a lovely gal.
Speaker 1: I got a new angle on that. But maybe I'll make that my final thought.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, we have kidnapped fifty thousand children, We've killed thousands of others. Are you sure you're writing this letter to me? He's thinking, is this addressed to the wrong guy?
Speaker 4: It is now my incredible privilege to present final thoughts with He's moron arms wrong and Getty.
Speaker 1: Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap up the show for the day. There is our technical director, Michael Angelo Michael, what's your final thought about this? Zelenski doesn't show up with a suit. He shows up with something that's actually stained, like with ketchup and mustard and h you know, he's just eaten. All right, all right, all right, do better next time? Okay, Wow, terrible Wow. I give that a D minus. Katie Green, what's your father? So times? Get ready? One grade? I just want to let Jack know I'm very proud of him for not taking pug Seed up to the zoo. Just couldn't cross my mind. I know it did. One of the problem solves. You do that though, I mean it's effective. Jack.
Speaker 1: Final thought for us, I think the most charitable view is Malania did this just because it got out in the news the way it got out and draws attention to the fact that Rushes snatched a lot of children, which.
Speaker 2: Is not as big a story as it probably should be. You know what that is clever Because I'm reading some of the verbiage of it. It's completely wasted on putin, I mean, like horribly wasted, but it's rather beautifully written about children and the quiet dreams that they share in their hearts and the melody of a child's laughter. And the rest of it. It's gorgeous writing. So she's model writer.
Speaker 1: First lady behemoth breeder apparently Armstrong enormous son. Yes, I'm trying to Getty wrapping up, but other grueling four our work there.
Speaker 2: Send Barron in to defeat the Russian forces single handedly. So many people to think, so little time. God, Armstrong and Getty dot com. Drop us a note mail bag at Armstrong and Getty dot com. She's will have so much news tomorrow.
Speaker 1: See then, God bless America.
Speaker 5: We want to thank you all for listening to the Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 2: All the major leaders are in DC and tomorrow will let you know.
Speaker 5: If the Lynsky wore a suit in there, the big decision that would made.
Speaker 2: Be sure to tune in tomorrow because.
Speaker 5: Talking that's a Jack and Joe getting paid. The Armstrong and Getty shoe, the conscious of the nation.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jetty