Speaker 1: Official Jets podcast is presented by Went Bad Betting. It's the team sport but together it went back. Eric Allen here at One Jets Drive, joined by Jets running back Briest Hall. How are you doing on this Tuesday.
Speaker 2: That's a good victory Tuesday.
Speaker 3: I'll get the day off and we just just come and do some treatment, chill out, go home and probably play some video games and lay in the bed.
Speaker 2: So you know, it's always a good day.
Speaker 4: So what video games are you playing?
Speaker 2: Madden?
Speaker 3: And then I get on Fortnite and Call of Duty with my friends, but I suck, so they I just get on there, so you know, let them have some entertainment when they watched me like die and stuff like that, so you know. But I've always been a sports game guy, so that's my thing.
Speaker 1: Who is your team when you're playing with madd Is it the Jets that you're making?
Speaker 3: Yes, I play with the Jets, okay, or otherwise I just do kind of like a random team thing. So play with who I can play with.
Speaker 1: Whoever ball distributions far or is pre saw when you're running the show is offensive coordinator?
Speaker 4: What are you doing?
Speaker 3: I'm going to run the ball till you stop it. Yeah. Yeah, I want to run it till you stop it. And then I'm a pretty good oc myself, so I can can get some good routes going.
Speaker 1: Are you taking yourself out of the game or no? I mean, how many touches of pre sall.
Speaker 2: Get twenty at least twenty at the least yeah.
Speaker 1: How do you divide it up as far as runs too receptions?
Speaker 2: It just depends if I'm open.
Speaker 3: I'm giving myself the ball every time, but I like to if I pass, I like it to pass it deep, So you know.
Speaker 4: So what is your offensive philosophy? Though?
Speaker 3: Okay, so this is how much I play. I have my own custom playbook. Yeah yeah, and so I run probably three or four formations, and I make all my adjustments out of each formation, so it looks like I'm running the same stuff every play, but it's always.
Speaker 4: Different personnel packages.
Speaker 2: What do you like to do? Eleven twelve? That's it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Really no, thirteen.
Speaker 3: Nah, sometimes sometimes twenty one, but that's it. Eleven twelve, twenty one.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 4: What about defensive philosophy?
Speaker 2: Big nickel? Okay, dime in three four three four? Huh? What do you like about that stops the run. It's easy to stop the run.
Speaker 1: And so in the other two games you talked about before with Fortnite and what else call of Duty. Okay, so when I was growing up, I was the sport game. Yeah, so Madden's up my alley, but Fortnite called Duty. Tell me about the challenges and what you like about those.
Speaker 3: Games, Like a combat game, you know, kind of like a cat mouse type of thing, and basically trying not to get killed. You're trying not to get got basically, and unfortunately for me, I'm not good at not getting got in that game, so it usually does it end up well for me.
Speaker 4: Okay, So what the.
Speaker 1: Heck happened in the second half Sunday at thirty point offensive Barrage.
Speaker 3: Uh, we kind of just, you know, it felt like we were shooting ourselves in the foot. In the first half, we were moving the ball, you know, up and down. We just shot ourselves in the foot with penalties and dumb mistakes. In the second half, we just kind of locked in a little bit more defense got us the ball back into our thing.
Speaker 4: Did you think it was only a matter of time?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I did, just knowing the potential we have you know, I think that we do have the potential to be a very good offense, and we already have a very good defense. So if we helped them out just that much, then you know, we could go anywhere we want.
Speaker 4: Did you kind of feel like the dam broke there?
Speaker 1: When Kyby gets into the end zone, It's like, okay, we can relax a little bit now.
Speaker 3: Uh nah, It was kind of a surprise. It was kind of funny because like he was like the last person, like it was the most simple route. So I was like, there's no way they just let him open on like a little shallow drag route and believe it, it was wide open and he walks in. I was like, Wow, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: It's crazy season high for you in terms of receiving yards. How much do you enjoy getting the rock out of the backfield.
Speaker 3: I'm the type of person I just want the ball just as long as no matter where. It's just get me to get me the ball in some space and I'm fine. So it was good. You know, they were dropping off and linebackers were packing the back a lot, and you know, Zach was throwing me the balls, making the first one miss and just getting good yards.
Speaker 2: So it was a good, good game play for sure.
Speaker 1: How much your team's playing you differently now, because I think it's like six of the last eight games where you've had at least five receptions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a lot different.
Speaker 3: You know, when we're in twelve and twenty one, you know, the box iss not a lot of space in there, and it's been hard. You know, we've had a lot of injuries up front and everything like that, just dealing with that, and we've had to like plug and play guys, mismatch guys and stuff like that, so it's been hard for them to get it like a real good rhythm and you know, build that with each other. So I'm just trying my best to just to work with what I have and when I do have my chances to get the rock, just trying to make the right plays.
Speaker 1: You guys got out of eleven a little bit more, I'd say, yeah on Sundays, don't you think Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think so, just because the past game started to open up a little more, and then you know, they they kind of were getting worried about me out of the backfields, and then they opened up Garrett and Conkering a lot of those guys a lot, So it was good just to see how everybody could contribute.
Speaker 1: Man, you are a bruiser out there in the open field. It feels like every week there is an opposing dB, whether it be a cornerback or safety coming trying to make a tackle. In a lot of times, these guys are staying down on the ground. Yeah, so what's the thought process when, hey, you get the rock and no linebackers by you, and you know, a d one on one or one on two with a couple of dB.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I've never been like a like a super always power guy. Like you know, my game's real finess and I real good at making guys miss. But when I have to, you know, throw it in there, then I will. So, you know, it just just depends on what the situation is. You know, if I'm one on one, I'm gonna make you miss every time. But if we're in a small space, I need to go, you know, get those and I'm going to put my shoulder down and you know, if they want to tackle me, they do, and you know they might have to deal with the consequences.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you recently actually got fined.
Speaker 1: I know a lot of people came to your defense and said, hey, listen, he's.
Speaker 4: Just playing football. Yeah, so I.
Speaker 1: Don't want you to get fined again for what happened, but can you speak to the fact that, hey, listen, I'm just trying to make some yards stap.
Speaker 2: In here, Yeah exactly. You know.
Speaker 3: It was just a simple check down and I was running. And what's crazy. What was crazy to me is that the dB he ducked his head before I even got there. And I'm like, okay, like if he's putting his shoulder down and I'm going to have to, I'm going to have to or he's just gonna, you know, hit me in my legs or something. So it's crazy because like I saw the whole thing trending on Twitter before my agent even texted me about it, so I was like, uh, they got to be playing. And then right as I saw it on Twitter, she texted me and I was like, wow, this is this is like that's terrible. But you know, I got faith in like the NFLPA and my agent and everybody that we're gonna get it handled.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: The postgame locker room, the reaction after a five game losing streak and you guys finally get one what was it feeling.
Speaker 3: Like NFL good? You know, still not satisfied. I still think we probably left about you know, ten to fourteen points out there, and we still got to get our run game going. You know, at the end of the season, you know, you're only going to go as far as your run game goes, and you have to have a good run game to to you know, to get get far in these playoffs and everything and get far into at the end of the season. So I'm just waiting for, you know, us to get better up front. I'm waiting for the backs. We got to get better every weekend.
Speaker 2: Hope. We got to get this run game going.
Speaker 4: Man, how hard is it for you? You don't make excuses, but rhythm.
Speaker 1: You're talking about nine offensive line combinations in the last games. Yeah, that's an hurdle, you know, so for you as a back, And can you speak to the importance of flow and rhythm and blocking styles up front?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's very important, especially you know when you when you got new guys and all the time you don't really know what you're gonna get. You don't know like what you're gonna have to react to. And for those guys, I feel bad for them because it's like, Okay, this guy's hurt, this guy's hurt, Okay, we gotta try this guy out in this spot, put this guy over here. And you know, there guys are getting put in positions I never really played before. They didn't play all training camp, and they're not really comfortable that. So they got to know, go against guys who were making one hundred million dollars a year and you know, are been playing that position their whole life. So I definitely feel for them too. But you know, we all we try not to make excuses and we just try to do our one eleventh every play.
Speaker 2: But it's hard. It's difficult, for sure.
Speaker 4: You're such a hard nose runner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you don't know what's actually happening up front net split second. Can you talk about being patient but at the same time wanting to hit the hole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. You want.
Speaker 3: You want to be as a patient as possible to set up your blocks. But it's just it's just different.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: The most I can tell guys like turn on the tape and then you'll you kind of see what I'm going through, because you know, people can make all these assumptions or Oh he's not good. Oh he's coming off his A c L. He's not that he's lost a step, and this, that and the third. But it's just like, you know, you can't really, you know, pay attention to what other people gotta say. Just got to, you know, play your game and you know, stay true to what you do the little things right, and you know your natural talent will take over naturally.
Speaker 4: How frustrating? Has it better for you?
Speaker 3: It's been really frustrating because I do wholeheartedly. I know I'm the top three running back in this league, and I haven't always gotten a show with uh this season, and you know, I show flashes of it every now and then, but I feel like I can do it on this on a seventeen game basis, and you know, it's it's been real. It's been tough this season, but everybody knows that when I get the ball, I can make plays whenever I touch it. So you know, as long as they know that everybody respects my game is fine.
Speaker 1: How is your body right now physically at this point of the year because you dealt with some ankle stuff, yeah, last week and kind of limited practice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when I perform, it feels good.
Speaker 3: You know, just taking some time off of practice and stuff that kind of helped me out a lot, just to have me focus on like just focus even more on our game plan, locking on that and sit back and watch guys, and then it just helped me be prepared for Sunday. You know, if you're not practicing, you got to you get chances to pay that much more attention to what the game plan is and everything like that. So it's been good. But you know, coming off my knee and everything like that, I've actually been surprised with how much like I've been able to, you know, just stay stay consistent, stay healthy, and being the lineup every week has been good. I'm still getting stronger every week, still get more confidence with it, and you know, I feel like i'm pretty much I'm probably about ninety five percent right now, and you know, it's just getting better every week.
Speaker 2: So I'm happy with that.
Speaker 4: That's interesting. So you you are getting stronger each week, you feel that.
Speaker 2: Huh can you speak to it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, just from game one. You know, it's just with the whole rehab process. It's different because you're not so much preparing for football. I'm just prepared I'm just really getting my knees stronger. You know, I'm trying to get it stronger enough for me to play and for me to be able to cut and do everything. But you know, I'm not like I'm not specifically just conditioning and you know, always doing all the football stuff. You know, I only had about like two or three weeks of training camp, so I had to play in the first game. So it's like, Okay, I gotta hurry up and try to get in shape for this. And then come game one, you know, I look good, but it still wasn't like up to my standard and everything like that. And then the coaches are doing right by me by you know, not letting me get twenty carries a game at the beginning of the season and let me work my way into everything and to where now you know, I feel like, you know, whatever it takes for me to help the team win the game, I could do that.
Speaker 1: What was the reaction like, as far as the document theory is concerned, maybe downstairs inside the locker room and also from the fans.
Speaker 3: It was good for the guys to see, you know, how hard I worked and you know, not only my dedication to the game, and to myself, but my dedication to try to get back to help the team and everything like that. You know, everybody knows I was here the whole off season pretty much, you know, by myself. It was just me, Abt and Makai pretty much, and you know, we were in the training room every day just trying to get better. But it was It's just been a blessing so far, because not a lot of guys can say they come back and have a pretty good season and still you can say they look they look the same after having a knee injury like I did. So you know, I just leave it all the God. You know, I'm blessed.
Speaker 1: You don't played everything throughout throughout it though, but that's a major injury.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then I remember Salad talking about in training camp that he's back to twenty miles for hour on the tread. And then that first play I think in camp, I think Aaron threw it to you over the middle and then you're dancing in the nzone a couple of seconds later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the little things like that, you know, you take for granted. But at that point, you know, I still wasn't even fully comfortable, you know, playing football. Yet you know, I was just getting back and still trying to get comfortable cutting off my knee and everything like that, and still was a little hesitant. But it's just it's this little stuff like that. Those reps, you know, help you build your confidence. And with me coming back to practice, I had to go through a whole mental barrier of consistently you know, cutting and doing football stuff every day and dealing with Okay, this is how my need, this is how sore my knee is gonna be after practice every day, and this is how I'm gonna have to take care of it, and you know, do all this little stuff because it takes about like three hours two three hours before practice for me to you know, get everything ready to get myself warmed up when I was first coming back. Now I can just more so just take my little hour hour and a half and get ready and be fine. But it was definitely a long process for sure.
Speaker 1: How do you get to the point where you do trust it? It is there their point where you said, you know what, I'm good right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, honestly it was not till the first game because I didn't get hit really all of training can they didn't let anybody do you know hit me too much? So, you know, it was like, okay, a few times in training can By fall on the ground.
Speaker 2: And everybody'd be like, oh, is he good? And I was like, yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 3: And then the first game, you know, I was, you know, just like I said, I haven't I hadn't been hitting in the first carry. I get a big, big game and I'm like, Okay, I'm good. I'm back.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm good.
Speaker 3: And so then I get hit and the hits aren't hurting me or anything like that, and after the game, I'm like, Okay, my knee is not terribly sore, so I know I'm good. And but at the beginning of the season, I was wearing like a like a little like patella strap for my knee. And then after about like five games, I was like, Okay, I don't need this anymore. And then the Raiders game, I jump try to jump over somebody off my knee. So it's like all those little barriers help help you on your mind. You're like, okay, I'm good. Like, guess I don't have to worry about this anymore.
Speaker 5: Jets fans, We're in our final push and the clock is ticking. Win Bet is giving you a golden opportunity to win VIP prizes for the twenty twenty three seas. The win Bet Green Room is the most exclusive space at the stadium with all inclusive food and beverage, lower level seats, and appearances by Jets, legends and celebrities. New Jersey customers, all you need to do is wager at least one hundred dollars on win BET's sports book or casino. For New York customers, all you need to do is wager at least one hundred dollars on win BET's the sports book. The best part you get an entry for every one hundred dollars you wager.
Speaker 1: What's going through your mind on that first carry where you get a chunk play and you're taking a hand off from Aaron Rodgers. Do you have time in the couple seconds after that snap, after you go out of bounce where you're like, hey man, we're gonna be something special this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was actually just making fun of them, uh, because I always try to think I'm the best player on the field, And I told him, I was like, if it's dry outside, you might be the best player, but if it's wet and rainy. I'm probably the best player out here. He was like, Okay, you might be. So we always joke about that, but you know, after a big game like that coming off my knee, I'm like, okay, I'm still that dude. Like and now I was just ready to, you know, just start the season with him and see how much I can learn from him and grow with him just with little parts of the game, especially within the past game, to see how I can help him out a lot more. Unfortunately, he got injured and everything, but it's gonna be good to see him come back, and it's been good to see his recovery process too.
Speaker 1: What's it like, Kevin then back in the building And what do you tell people when they say, Hey, what's this dude all about?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's uh, he's a real good person. We're pretty much lockermates. So me and him have had a lot of, you know, deep conversations and we talk a lot, and it's just been really good to get to know him, know how he thinks, and talk to him about football and just pick his mind about like the type of stuff he wants, what he likes to do.
Speaker 2: When he sees certain looks and stuff.
Speaker 3: Like that, and then get to know him on a personal level to where I can actually say he's a friend. It's been it's definitely been good, and it's just to be around a person like him, it makes you realize as like how unique somebody could be in this world.
Speaker 2: Because he's definitely a unique person.
Speaker 1: What's the biggest misconception about Rogers And you said he's unique?
Speaker 4: What makes him unique?
Speaker 3: Uh, just the way he thinks and the way he like, like the way he goes about stuff, the way he sees life in certain aspects, and the way like when you talk to him and he explains you why he is the way he is with some stuff is just it's like, Okay, this dude's different, Like he's a real he's a real cool dude for sure.
Speaker 1: You and Garrett, he talked about this after the game, right then you and Garrett go back and forth and who's the best player on offense? Right?
Speaker 4: What are those conversations?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Nah, really, we just kind of just got each other up during the game, Like if he makes he makes a play, like we'll always just be joking and stuff in the huddle, you know, cause for us we're kind of like the biggest jokesters on offense. You know, you can never take the game too serious because then it becomes a job and not a game. So me and him just just try to have fun to keep everybody, you know, just level and like not taking it too serious. So whenever he makes it play, I hype him up. Whenever I make it play, he hypes me up. And then if we need to make a play, we both look at each other and like, all right, come on, let's go. So it's it's one of those things. And that's why I feel like with me and him, like as long as we have the support around us that me and him could you know, win us a game, and me and him, could you know, really do great things in this league because helps me out just as much as.
Speaker 2: I help him out.
Speaker 4: Who typically starts the talking back and forth.
Speaker 3: It just depends. It depends on who's making it, who makes the first play. And then before the game I always tap him up and give him a hug and everything like that, so I know that he's going battle for me and I'm goinging battle for him every week.
Speaker 1: What's that running back room like with you and Dalvin? And is he joining the ranks this year.
Speaker 3: It's honestly kind of crazy because we're all so like laid back in nonchalant, so it like brings it makes us like even closer. You know, Dolvin's real easy going, I'm really laid back. He's he's easy going as well. And then our coach, coach Embury, he's he's from Cali. He has that whole Cali like too cool for school vibe. And then coach Leon Washington, who was real laid back and easy going as well, and then him and Dalvin already had ties together because of Florida State and everything like that. And so it's it's just been cool to be with those guys and talk to Dolvin and Izzy and see how Izzy's gotten better, and for me to talk to Dovin about the knee and then talk to him about certain looks and blitzes and you know how stuff's been for him in his career and everything.
Speaker 2: So it's been good. For sure, I've getting a real good relationship with them.
Speaker 1: I think it's been very cool because there's a good professional respect there because I don't know if a lot of guys in their second years would be like, oh my god, hey, come on in and whatever and things like that, but that was never your attitude exactly.
Speaker 3: And it's been good for me because we have that like friendly competition with each other to where we push each other to be better and do better. But it's also a mutual respect thing with all of us to where like we know that we're all good and we know that we all can make plays. So it's like, whoever has a hot hand, just go. Like we're so confident in each other that whoever's whoever's getting the ball, we're not worried about it, just like, let's just ball and let's do our thing.
Speaker 4: Is his future look like you think.
Speaker 3: Uh, he's gonna be really good. You know, he's really fast. Uh and he's it's weird because he's not as big as me, but he's kind of built like me in a way. So watching the way he moves, the way he does certain stuff, everybody always says like he kind of looks like me. He kind of looks like me doing stuff. And it's been cool just to be around him and uh, just pick his brain and see how he is, see what his mentality is like and everything like that. And he has that you know, whole New York vibe to him with the whole slang and accent and everything. So it's been cool to be around him too.
Speaker 4: Is he in your ear or are you more going to him?
Speaker 3: We're actually pretty close. We talk a lot. We we both, you know, engage in conversation with each other. With both we're not scared to start conversations conversation with each other. So you know, we talk every day. You know, we're in running back meetings and stuff every day. And then when we're on the field, we're always joking around, playing catch and during the game, he's always giving me feedback on what he sees, and I'm talking to him about certain stuff, and you know, he's been starting to play a little more, so I've definitely been in his ear a lot.
Speaker 4: Were you happy with Zach?
Speaker 1: Just the way he responded after everything that took place. He's an emergency third quarterback for a pair of weeks.
Speaker 4: He's name starter.
Speaker 1: There's a report out there that he's reluctant to go back in the lineup. I think he had messages for you guys before that. But just as a guy who's been his teammate, who's lining up between those white lines with him the way he responded out there against you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I probably have the most respect for him, just as much respect for him as anyone on the team. You know, just to see the way he's handled himself and handled things, just because of all the adversity he's gone through, and just to see how things have gone for him. You know, he's he's had the most ups and the most downs, and he always says stays level. So to just to see how he is, and to see his true love of the game for football, and his dedication to us, because he's he's playing playing the games for us, and and to see how competitive he is. It's just that's a that's a real good dude there. Me and him have gotten close over the last year, and you know now in team meetings I'm sitting next to him joking around with them and stuff like that, and being next to him in the huddle every play and in the backfield every play. We've definitely getted a good relationship.
Speaker 4: Did you sense.
Speaker 1: It early on in that game? Or is a point in the third quarter where it was like, yo.
Speaker 4: He is playing free here, he is letting it rip.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I sensed it early on, you know, just seeing how well the old line was playing early on, and seeing how much time he had, you know, and just seeing, you know, how confident he was with everything. And I can tell when when Zach's on, you know, he's making those pocket passes, he's making those he's taking those whiskey throws and making them and with the most confidence. And when he's on, he's on. So it's been cool to see that.
Speaker 2: For sure, you.
Speaker 1: Played with a really good quarterback in college. So people are asking me, why did I always state ever loose pre saw in the backfield probably forty a quarterback.
Speaker 3: It's you know, not a lot of kids want to go go to Iowa and play football, so it's it's definitely hard to get some of the higher recruits and stuff there. But you know, playing with a guy like Brock and you know, be in his roommate for a few years, he's definitely a great dude. And you know, it's like being around guys like him made me a better person just seeing the way he carries himself and the way he goes about his faith with God and everything like that, and see how could have a person he is, how wholehearted he is and wholesome and how he lives for other people, and he's willing to just give, give, give, give, and not need to receive anything. You know, being around guys like that have definitely rubbed off on me. And just him being a year older than me and everything like that, he was kind of like my mentor. He kind of, you know, just took me and helped me grow throughout my freshman year of college.
Speaker 2: And everything like that. Was it was definitely cool to know him.
Speaker 1: Did you know, like at that point, you know what, he's gonna be a pro quarterback. I know, I'm gonna be able to play in the National Football League, I'm going to excel on a professional level, or or at that point you're just having fun and you're attacking the days and you're being cyclones.
Speaker 3: I knew Broc was like that when he got thrown in a game his freshman year and like he became like Brock Purty then like then, seeing you know how he dealt with ups and downs, and he still remained to be the same person. You know, he takes his wins the same way as he takes his losses. I Mean, he's real humble, and that's why I always knew that he'd be he'd be a solid quarterback. And not saying that I knew he'd be like going this crazy now, but I knew that he'd be in the league and he'd stick around for a long time, just because of the way he is, his competitive spirit and everything like that. And you know, he's always been one of those dudes that I know if he had the right pieces around him, then he's gonna do everything he needs to do.
Speaker 2: Like there's no question about that.
Speaker 4: When you guys were played Madden, what teams were you picking back then? And who was winning those games?
Speaker 2: Who would I pick?
Speaker 3: Honestly, I just played with anybody, And yeah, we both play with anybody. We were both so competitive, Like if I won, I'd like to mess with him and try to give him a hug or like dap him up, and he'd like be ready to like wrestle. He'd be like trying to kick me out his stuff. Yeah, we were like so competitive with everything when we when we were in college, and that's what made our friendship so tight. And that's why I knew, like every Saturday that he was going to battle for me and I was gonna battle for him.
Speaker 2: So that's why we're so close today.
Speaker 1: How much do you keep up with with State because I'm doing the pre and postgame show each week with Anthony Back on Rocket Back. Yeah, Big twelve Freshman of the Year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's funny because we always make fun fun of Brock because Roco and Brock a kind of like built the same and everything, and uh, you know, they're almost like a spending image of each other as far as body type. But you know, I definitely see some similarities in them too, and I pay a lot of attention. I would stay football and basketball. They're just men, just be I would buy like thirty So that was that was great. But you know, being at a school like that is different from other schools because we built a real brotherhood and it's it's deeper than football. So I definitely will always have ties back there.
Speaker 1: Miami. This week return matchup. What do you take out of what happened a few weeks ago? And also do you like the chess match that goes to chess match that goes into Okay, we just lined up against them a couple of weeks ago, Let's see how things are gonna be different.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do, because I feel like we put our worst product of football out and I feel like they gave us everything they got. So I'm definitely confident with what the chess match would be like this game, and you know, we might be down some players, but they're also down some players, so it's going to be like just who's who's more battle tests and everything like that, so it's definitely gonna be a dogfight.
Speaker 4: Did you watch the game last night?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What were your thoughts?
Speaker 2: It was crazy? That was crazy.
Speaker 1: Well, there was two games on, but I've referred to the Miami to see game where the Titans said the man come back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's how you know, the games that rover into the clock strikes zero, that's the definition of it. So you know, you always try to play four quarters of a football game and you never, like I said, the Nick game's never over in to the clock strikes zero.
Speaker 1: Right now, I think playoff possibilities. People say, well, maybe percentages wise, you guys are less than one percent. But inside the locker room where you kind of like make this thing interesting, let's just we're on a one game win streak right now.
Speaker 4: Let's make it too and let's keep on extending this.
Speaker 3: Though we haven't really been talking that much about the playoffs. I know, when you look around the league, you know, our record is just as good, if not better than a lot of teams, and we might be one game under a lot of teams as well. So all it takes is a few wins, a few losses and stuff like that. So we're not so much worried about that. We're just worried about getting better every week right now, and whatever happens happens.
Speaker 1: Is someone who's so dynamic with the ball in his hands, what do you think about the season, Tyreek? It is having on pace for two thousand yards receiving.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: He's definitely probably going to get that two thousand. He's a great player. Hopefully he doesn't get it versus us, but no, you know, it's been cool to watch him. I've been watching him since I was in high school, so to see, you know, what he does when he gets the ball on any part of the field, it's just like, Okay, hopefully he doesn't score anything, and.
Speaker 2: You know, he's just a real great player.
Speaker 1: I think you guys are best equipped to match up with him more than anybody in the National Footall League. When you're throwing out those cornerbacks with saw us in DJ and Michael Carter the second right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like those.
Speaker 3: I like our whole uh you know, back back guys versus versus anybody. I think, you know, if we got to play a game full of man and man, I feel like rdb's are gonna win nine times out of ten.
Speaker 1: So, Holiday season, what do you got planned? Because you guys got your heads down. You got a game on Christmas Eve? But what is gonna what is it gonna look like for you next weekend? Because he got the game against Washington Christmas Eve. But as far as families concerned, I don't know.
Speaker 3: To be honest, you know, I usually spoil you know, everybody for Christmas and everything like that. So I'm looking forward to having a lot of my family up here and be at the game and stuff and just enjoying them a little before and after the game.
Speaker 2: So it's gonna be good.
Speaker 1: But you don't know what you're gonna do just yet. But you can't break it right here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have no idea, but you always do something. Yeah, we always do something.
Speaker 4: Okay, what about your teammates? How does that work?
Speaker 3: We got a secret Santa for all our position rooms, So it's gonna be fun.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be fun spending limit. I can't tell you that.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's fair.
Speaker 3: It's a hefty price, but I can't tell you.
Speaker 1: And anybody who knows you around the facility knows that, Hey, you're a binge watcher of certain shows, maybe programs, things like that. What's on tap for you? Or what do you win right now?
Speaker 3: I wish I could say Outer Banks, because that's my favorite show, but that doesn't come out to like March or April ish Okay, But right now I'm watching Power. It's a very good show and it's based pretty much in New York. And they got a few spin off shows that I've been watching, but that's that's been for the most part, that's been my main show I'm watching right now.
Speaker 4: What do you think?
Speaker 3: I think the spinoffs are better than the main show right now, and I'm really enjoying them. Every character is great, I like for me and shows and stuff. I look at the little things. I look at the way they addressed the characters. I like to, you know, dissect these characters like I want to know, like why they are the way they are, Like what made them like that? And everything like that. So that's that's what makes that show really unique to me.
Speaker 1: Have you ever had any interaction with former Jets running back Thomas Jones because he's doing acting himself.
Speaker 4: He's a director and he's a producer as well.
Speaker 2: I have not, but since he said, we got to hook you up because.
Speaker 1: The thing that I was thinking about when you were talking about Outer Banks, would Breecee Hall ever be interested in making a cameo on one of these shows?
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely, yes I would. It's my favorite show out easily, that Power whatever, easily.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, we're gonna link you up with Thomas Jones. But then because he's not involved with Outer Banks, but there's a number of productions that he's involved in.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I had to know.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: I'm looking forward to that.
Speaker 4: But Bries, appreciate your time all this.
Speaker 2: Thank you appreciation. M