Speaker 1: Wow, that's that's gotta go down as one of the most embarrassing, disturbing, disgusting, awful games that the Mets have not only played in twenty twenty six, maybe since nineteen sixty two, which is arguably the worst baseball team to ever exist. Six errors I believe was the official count.
Speaker 2: Six errors, all of them on the infield. Gary told us courtesy of the stats Guy for SNY, this is the first time since nineteen eighty two the Mets made five different arason.
Speaker 1: Since nineteen eighty two or sixteen.
Speaker 2: Sixty two, nineteen sixty two Mets since was calamity of errors. It's one of the worst baseball games ever played. We say it like every single week at this point, and the Mets somehow keep finding ways to drain more wileter out of the pool.
Speaker 1: Like this is. This is baseball team. It's going to make people not like baseball anymore. This is a baseball team that's made me not like watching baseball watching this team. Again, we're in a privileged scenario where this is our job and I'm never I'm not We're not completely serious when we say this, but it is really hard to watch this team play baseball and then have to talk about them simply from the fact that we want to give you guys good con and it's I feel like it's not really that good because it's the same thing over and over again, because this team makes no adjustment, This team makes no changes. There's no inspiration, there's no motivation, there's no nobody's trying their hardest, No one's playing their best. Nobody fritzis Squaver's trying the hardest. Yeah, I think the effort is asked something that most I question mostly but Oky fair, Yeah, that's true. Most it's the quality.
Speaker 2: And as this game kind of went on the late inning, it's like Ron and Garrett got really really specific about the way it was, and you can kind of feel, especially when you're a baseball player of Ron's caliber, and anyone's ever been in a baseball field at any level before, when one team is gripping, ripping, and one team is on their heels, like Ron said, you can feel it. And when they started stealing like wild against Devin Williams in the ninth inning, and the Mets continued to make errors and they're clapping and cheering and having fun, it's the exact same thing that happened two months ago when we were in Chicago, exact same thing.
Speaker 1: This is a team that came.
Speaker 2: In also kinds of reeling, and we just put their season back on track. You just give up twenty runs in a double Heather Dancey Swanson has fifteen fucking RBIs in three games, Like, what, what actually is happening these last two days?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think Gary has summed up really well. Him and Ron were phenomenal in these two games, which it's gotta be such a chore for them to have to announce these games. Also shout out how he rose. Real fucking shame that this is his last season for the New York Mets, because they're sending him out with absolutely no nothing. Sending him out with nothing. There are gonna be some of the worst games that he's ever announced. But Gary towards the end of the game, after Mark Vinto's makes his second era of the game, because again he is a dog shit lousy player, I mean, what do you say at this point? I mean, this is this team is in the depths of despair, can't get starting pitching to hold the other team at bay, struggling with the offense, and now the defense falls apart. Six infield errors unprecedented. I mean, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: The Cubs broadcast when Vianto's made that error. I think it was boogiees can't spell messa, big fat e.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean another quote from Gary in this one, this is the kind of game that causes reevaluations. You can profess all you want about being confident in the team you have, but this is nothing. But this has been nothing short of ugly. And that is a direct shot at David Sturtons, who gave one of the all time worst press conferences this week, basically just saying that this is a good team the same bullshit has been doing. And I get it, that's his m oh, that's the thing he does. But holy shit, is anybody going to ever show any sort of emotion and disdain for the quality of play besides snapping bats over our legs?
Speaker 2: What we got to hear from John Harper to beautiful moment for a Harper's hits. The whole run prevention thing has become a form of satire around the Mets after six errors tonight, and there were a couple of other bad players that were not called heirs.
Speaker 1: This, Yeah, I mean they're Brett bay BASI, well run prevention. Brettey's playing rightfield. He can't deal with guys. He he looked, Okay, that's it's a play that shows you can't play it.
Speaker 2: Two nights ago, I mean last night was Tuesday night. Tuesday night, I played with Wagman in left field.
Speaker 1: God.
Speaker 2: And then also in the first game with double Heather, he had Mark Fienzez the third base for the first time all season. Though, we'll just wave the white flag already when you're playing that guy at third base. We even have the rest of the Harper hits here the after six Ers night and falls on Stearns. Nevertheless, this was the kind of game with seasons spiraling out of control that gets a manager fired. And Mendoza looks and sounds numb to it all at this point. Also, just a quick aside, I love that John Harper never got a blue check mark, so he's still sticking to the character limits. It's with with a dash and they killed the space there. It's MGR for manager.
Speaker 1: That's a real journal right there. Fucking Love John Harper. Love John Harper again, Open invite for John Harper for a personal Harper's hits segment whenever he cares to on the Mets Up podcast. Not sure if he's ever been on Riverside before in his life. Ron Darling also during this game another quote from him, everybody in this organization, from top to bottom, has to be in question. Now. I do wonder if he read my tweet because it was a similar time where I put the Mets have given up. Steve Cohen, David Sterens, Mendoza and the players have given up. They don't care. Neither should I Mets fans. Cityfield should be empty the rest of the season. Cityfield will be empty the rest of the season.
Speaker 2: Like you saw a bit of it Wednesday night, the first game of Double Head. Of course, a Wednesday Day game will be empty besides the Norwegians. Which that was almost just like that's not like a slap in the face. It's honestly, I mean like it was.
Speaker 1: It was fun, but I was like the takeoff Mets fan hat, Yeah, hilarious if I'm a gud of twenty nine other teams in baseball, unbelievably funny. As a Mets fan, depression puts me in a dark place.
Speaker 2: And again deservedly so especially as that game fell apart, just totally jumping around for Nolan McClain to just self destruck that there're time around the batting oiler as he just fastball, fastball, fastball, over and over against still no feel for the breakers. And then when didn't really have a feel for anything for some reason, Luis Torrenz went double fastball to dance by Swanson, which the only pitch the guy could hit. And on top of that, I know, I'm gonna speak out of both sides of my mouth right now for a second, which I like to do from time to time, But of course I did like the idea of Carlos Mendoza trying to push Nolan McClain through that sixth inning and get dance by Swanson to end it, keep it that three runs, while at the same time, every shred of logic in my head was like, this is not the batter from the faces, not time from the face. I know we struck them out twice in this game, but doesn't really matter.
Speaker 1: So the fact that it's a dead season doesn't mean anything.
Speaker 2: The games actually don't matter anymore. We just care about growth and development at this point. Sure, try and get that out for the young man instead. If you're making the best baseball decision possible, that was the wrong one.
Speaker 1: Well, Brooks Raley was up, so he wouldn't have been able to face it. Brob was up. I thought Raley was too. I think I think brossebon w. I think Brosbon at least up at the time. Okay, and then then their least was right. So it's even better that he didn't go to it. I think at that was around three to zero two this afternoon, and consequentially, I think that's the right word. Consequentially, definitely don't think so. Damn. Coincidentally, Yeah, sent the email to my season ticket rep subject canceling my season tickets, wondering how it can go about canceling my season ticket package for next season. The team is horrible. I simply can't keep spending money for this product. And he told me, he goes out, the windows not open yet. You have a thirty day renewal period. You have to know when that is, and that's when you get to cancel it. What a fucking joke of an organization.
Speaker 2: I was thinking it during this game, where I just like put myself in your shoes for a second. The fact that you kind of got backed into renewing your season tickets accidentally not doing so.
Speaker 1: Willing, I would be I'd be calling lawyers. Yeah, I mean, it's probably just gonna cost me more money at that point, Like, yeah, but where's her boys, Samy? Where's her boy Sammy?
Speaker 2: But you would help you out of the goodness of his heart because of how principles, just the fact of having to watch this team play more games.
Speaker 1: You said, you don't even want to go tomorrow. We have plans to go. You're like, I'm down. No, Yeah, I've listed my tickets on Sea Geek four. I believe what is considered to be one of the lowest ticket prices on the entire platform for the lower level. Doesn't matter where you're sitting. It could be what happened, I wouldna say one dollar, Oh no, well that's not it. I still need to make some of my money back that I spent on this fucking loser organization. But yeah, I mean, like it is pretty cool. Everybody in the organization seems to have no clue what's going on, because I did ask for clarification of when that thirty day renewal window was. Uh, Crickets absolute Crickets no answer, So I guess I guess I'm probably gonna end up buying season tickets next year because nobody has a fucking answer in this entire organization. Which which of the six ers tonight was your favorite? M favored as in like that's hilarious, or favorite as in like the one that's vote scream one of the fuck the most emotion out of you. I mean, every time Mark Viantos does anything, it does cause me to want to put a hole in the wall. But Marcus Simeon's errors today, both of them combined, he is in the territory of like Roger Sedanio, Aaron Hileman, Luis Castillo for me, of all all time, leagal Alamar, Yeah, Roberto Almar something about second base for the Mets when they trade for somebody who's been a good second baseman. He is playing worse than Luis Castillo. Ever, did I actually think he's playing significantly worse than Roberto Alomar did As a Met. He's gonna go down as one of the worst single player acquisitions in the David Stearns era. And he acquired Ryan Helsley last year. He acquired Cedric Mullins. Those guys were also useless. Like Roberto Alomar. We talked about that two thousand and three, two thousand and two stretch with the Mets. He has like a fifteen or twenty five point better ops than Marcus Simeon, and he at least played good defense. He at least had a positive war that year. Marcus Sumen is a useless player and he cannot be in the starting lineup tomorrow. You cannot allow that to happen. Him and Mark Viento's must sit the entire game. Yeah, at least now with Recio was activated. If I'm not mistake or he's not rehab assignments when we're be honest, I don't know when Mariso comes back.
Speaker 2: If he's not back again, that happened in between the double header, might have missed that one. Just play him at second base, Like this is a failure to play me at second base?
Speaker 1: You I'll show up to play second, Sam from softball? I mean maybe not Sam. I mean Leo. Leo could play second. Leo could definitely play second. We know Codam play second.
Speaker 2: Clay can't play second, and Klay's listening. Oh, I don't know closeness anymore.
Speaker 1: Adam.
Speaker 2: I'd like Adam could play second, but he can't be in line up anymore. So it's a failure on David Stearn's for acquiring him. And then he also reflects Portland Cross Mendoza for him still playing every single day. And again we want to talk about Marcus Samian's comments after the game.
Speaker 1: As well, because those really made you feel something. I think that now we're on different sides of the track here for this one where Marcus Uman's comments after the game, I think are that of Mark Vientos, where it felt like there was blame his errors and not necessarily a look inward at himself and understanding that I'm Marcus Simeon have to be better. I want to hear these words from Marcus Simon after the game. I have to make that play. I should have made that play. I didn't and it won't happen again. But Marcus Simeon instead on the pop up that happened down the right field line, the wind wind was a little funky, said, I drifted and the wind was a little funky today, which took his eye off the ball. Cool way to take accountability for that one. Marcus blamed the wind because it was so windy in New York City today, big windy day, of course, pretty windy. It was fine. He's a professional baseball player, man, I fucking play. Yeah, I agree with you on that, but I'm just saying like that, that's the problem. Him and Mendoza both made the same excuse of that. When he clanked the ball going up the middle and then made just a god awful throw, He's like, oh, you know, I tried to rush it and I made a bad throw, and I just need to be better at that. No, it needs to not happen. There is not a being better at it. It needs to stop because if you are a major league baseball player, these are rootine plays that you make. I think there's I think almost anybody. It put you in you at second base, honestly, fuck it? Why not?
Speaker 3: You know why you're enjoying this minute because we're happy, Krats. We're happy because we're wearing Mac Weldon.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm six foot five and nobody can give me tall clothing, but mack Weldon allows me to have it. So I don't really have to care about how I look, and I still look good because I don't put a lot of time into what I do to pick out my clothes. Mack Weldon takes care.
Speaker 1: Of it for me.
Speaker 3: Classic always in style made from the world's most comfortable performance materials. Summer gets sweaty, don't let unnecessary sweat spots emerge. Mack Weldon's air Knit X fabric helps you out. Their lightest fabric is fused with nylon mesh for maximum airflow. Skip the midday wardrobe changes. The barely there feel also keeps you feeling more dry and fresh. Don't sweat the heat this summer feel as effortlessly.
Speaker 1: Cool as you look.
Speaker 3: With Mack Weldon. Go to Mackweldon dot com and get twenty percent off your first order of one hundred and twenty five bucks or more with promo code foul. That's mackwe l d o n dot com code f ou l.
Speaker 2: He's too good at defender and center field, but I'm sure he'd be much better than Marcus Aime in second base.
Speaker 1: He's just Marcus Simon right now. Has proved to be one of the.
Speaker 2: Least valuable players in baseball. And all he asked Marcus Simon was to be.
Speaker 1: A non value player, just be average zero would be a huge win. Just don't hurt the team.
Speaker 2: And it is ironic that I mean he's still not hitting well, he's hitting better, still not well. Boba Schett's completely flipped the switch. He Boba Sheet's on pace for over twenty home runs, almost one hundred RPIs at this point.
Speaker 1: Fucking stumbled into that take. I mean, he's unbelievably hot. Also made a great play at third base that I just did it was an error. Well, also the overcharge at bunt, I see, that was insane. That was that was that was just like a funny play. Like I was watching that, like, oh, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: I got to the privilege of hearing Howie be just so shocked when that one happened on the radio. I'm trying to listen to more Howie because again I feel I feel so bad for him that he's going out with this team, this stomach horrible baseball team. And again he's announced so many horrible Mets teams, and he's quite good at it. He keeps that very fun, very entertaining. Keith Radt does an amazing as well, but especially you can hear from him today. You heard from Gary and Ron, Like we said, the life just trained from them. To watch this baseball team, it makes you said at the top, not like the sport anymore. We're going to turn baseball fans away just as a byproduct of what this Mets team has put.
Speaker 1: On the field this season. I hate this team. I absolutely hate this team. I like I'm hate watching at this point. I absolutely despise the twenty twenty six New York Mets. I have no interest in, truthfully, how this team does the rest of the year outside of like our guys doing the thing that we hope of the young players. That's what I'm watching for everybody else. And I love Lindor still, I know he had a bet rough game today, but first get back. There's a few guys that are absolved from this. Francisco Lindor, the two young guys in Ewing and Benjuan Soto of course, and Wasscar Brosebon. Watscar Brosebon, can't forget him? And Francis s Guabra's ball announced since he came back from the al absolutely crushing.
Speaker 2: Also, it is funny that this entire rotation was only held up by one tooth picked out as Christian Scott second.
Speaker 1: The second Christian Scott gets injured, no one can pitch anymore. This is a thing that we've now seen from multiple years with this rotation, where one little thing happens and they do just crumble. And I wonder what the pressure is that they're putting on themselves. I wonder what's being told to them from the coaching staff. I wonder what's happening. The Mets have a major culture problem. That's a clear and obvious problem. And I don't think it's Francisco Lindoor Juan Soto, which is what everybody wants you to believe going into the offseason, that those two were the problem. I think that actually everything else in the organization is the problem. Those two are the least of your problems. You have to be so fucking stupid to think that those guys could be the issue.
Speaker 2: Here's another quote from Gary Cohen. I mean, what do you say at this point? I mean, this team is in the depth of despair, can't get starting pitching to hold the other team at Bay, struggling with their offense. Now the defense falls apart six infield errors, unprecedented. I read that one y, You read that exact one.
Speaker 1: The first quote I read. I thought you read the other one about rock Bottom. I didn't read the rock Bottom one. You could take that one, Okay, I'll have to find that one now. I thought, God's all I mean. This team makes me not feel anymore. It makes me feel hate.
Speaker 2: I'm like, so while my gig at NBC Sports Role of the World, I get four or five baseball games a few nights a week, and I write notes on them in recaps, and they always give me the Mets games. I've always asked for the Mets games to be like, yeah, give me the Mets games. I know more about this team. I'm always watching them anually, like I might go to the bed other and be like, I can I get a break from the Mets, please. I would love to have Knights, because you watch other teams play baseball and you're like, wow, they're doing things that the Mets can't do. Even the Cubs in this series, even very seemingly inocuous play late in this game where the Mets who's something dropped down a bunch or there was a Swiss swing, but Carson Bench had the drib layers right in front of the plate. Ewing was on second and Bashett was on first, I think, but Sheett was on first, someone was on first, whatever it was. Carson Kelly comes up throwing, throws a strike to second base, gets not the lead runner, but gets an out, takes guy at scoring position. You're like, wow, so baseball, Yeah, could you imagine playing baseball?
Speaker 1: It's nice? Like again, the players have been about as bad as you could have ever imagined, truthfully, like this. The players need to play better. The managers can't do much when the players are playing this poorly. The front office brought these guys in. They're just to blame too. But the Mets don't play fundamentally sound baseball. They don't play clean baseball. There's nothing that they do on a daily basis that is relatively redeeming or even a tip of the cap right spot to anybody on the coaching staff, which makes me believe, like, what what is going on every single day here? What are they doing? How are they preparing? Why has there not been a change now, not even in the personnel, by the way, Why has there not being a change in how we prepare?
Speaker 2: And that's also a reflection of how everyone Mendoza and the players speak to the media after the game.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: The symptom of that is kind of what we've talked about with the challenges over the course of the season, like how is this something that's not changed yet we weirdly use them in very not advantageous situations. You even feel that when you have a guy like I mean, it's not fair to him, but like as Nolan McLain regressing the way he has and now going on six weeks with a few nice stars sprinkled in the middle, this looked like it was going to be a great start in Wednesday afternoon right until it wasn't. Like it just doesn't feel good ever consistently and again we've still getting to a spot where like Mark Fanto is still hitting fourth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is insane, Like you're.
Speaker 2: Playing some of the worst baseball in the entire league, yet you still have not I guess because of injuries and all this stuff, no one else take the spot. You're you have flashes being the least valuable player in baseball points this year.
Speaker 1: You want absolutely there's nothing that he can do. Well again him home run this game? Great? Whoops he fucking do but yeah he got You know, this is Mark Vanto special he goes, I'm gonna be dog shit in the field, but I will hit a home run every once in a while to make you feel something. I just got.
Speaker 2: I kep running out of superlatives from which I hate this team. They make me so upset, so angry, and even like in the first game of this series to watch Pa.
Speaker 1: Oh, God just destroy us.
Speaker 2: NBA player such a great baseball player, one of the best baseball players in the entire league.
Speaker 1: He leads League of War right now by a lot. But that makes I mean, he's a lot. He's phenomenal in center field, He's run the base as well. He's so damn good. What a fucking shame we don't have that guy.
Speaker 2: How We and Gary both mentioned in the first game like this is one of the best players in baseball, Like we're gonna think about that.
Speaker 1: Trade for a very, very, very long time and have that happened? I mean, just the like, even looking at these lineups, I I don't really think Brett Batty can continue to be in the lineup nearly as much as he is right now. It's either him or Mark Simon. I would I would choose him over Simeon, I guess, but maybe he he doesn't play his bad second base. I think that's what we're getting to. Now, who's gonna make more outs at second base? Marcus Simmy doesn't even turn a particularly good double play. So Mauricio was activated option triple A. By the way, don't want him on the major league roster. Don't have enough, don't have enough major league players. We're fucking rostering. I mean, like even it pays me a sace but like the m J. Malend like it's gotta be with him. We've seen wag him double play. Yeah, in the mist playing left field. Jared Young should be playing every day. Think about where we are. He's a seven thirty four OPS. I thought his ops was a thousand because of how bad this team was.
Speaker 2: I mean, Jared jungki a really tough week and a half before we hit that home run the first game today and again like trying. That's what the rest of this year is going to be about, finding any pauses, any possible way we can. It's all going to be about aj Ewing, who had one of his best games as a pro that was awesome that we have to totally gloss over on Wednesday night because of how bad this team was in the lineup against a solid left handed pitcher and showed that Imanaga hit the long long home run, had another double, it drew another walk, like he was all over the place, had a fantastic baseball game.
Speaker 1: I think he has the third highest OPS on the team. I think it goes Soto, Alva, Alvarez, an aj Ewing. Yeah, as if as one of them seeing right now, he definitely does. It's good. It's good. That's good. Our twenty one year olds come up and it's like, I'll show you guys how to play baseball.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you would have told me in March aging we have the third highest OPS in the team in June, I'd be like, holy.
Speaker 1: Shit, what wow? Have we lost the game? That's what I would have said, Not have we won.
Speaker 2: So again, it's about continued growth. For Carson Bench just played awesome. He didn't have I mean particularly good game. He also Carson Bench and Ron mentioned this too. He gets a little too overzealous with his arm and what he can do with it. Yes, and when Ron says that something he's gonna learn as a young players that you know you have a great arm, you want to show off how good your arm is they also know that, and their game planning for your arm they know that too. So it's not really like in college or times in the minor leagues you can kind of sneak up on a team be like who's that with the cannon right field? It's like, oh no, that was page that was like the third line of the sheet we got like preparing for the game today, even like watching guy like Pedro Ramirez Rook who's gotten a cup of coffee in the big leagues torment us both sides of the ball stealing bases ad Well first two stone bases his career late in the game, as they would just let them steal non stop against our relievers. Like it is teams where the get right spot for other teams in the league right now. And you thought it was it was a series where like oh, you know, like the last two episodes ago, we were like, wow, this is actually we could turn this thing around.
Speaker 3: Crats mint mobile plans still just fifteen bucks a month and.
Speaker 4: You're getting a ton from that fifteen dollars.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: And we've talked about this for a while. It hasn't changed. It's still all there for you. I'm talking about unlimited talk, text and data, fast, reliable coverage on the nation's largest five G network, oh and an award winning care team. Mint Mobile has it all for fifteen bucks a month. You can even bring your current phone and your number. Choose from three, six, or twelve month plans. Say goodbye to a monthly bill. Ditch overpriced wireless with mint Mobile. To get your new wireless plan for just fifteen bucks a month, go to mintmobile dot com slash territory. That's mintmobile dot com slash territory. Cut your wireless bill to fifteen bucks a month. At mintmobile dot com slash territory. Forty five dollars upfront payment required equivalent to fifteen bucks a month. New customers on first three month plan only. Speed slower above forty gigabytes on unlimited plan. Additional taxi fees and restrictions apply. See mint mobile for details.
Speaker 1: Well, that's a that's a shame on me for thinking that we could ever turn this around, and honestly, going back to last season, shame on me. You're right, James, the Mets did have a target on their back, but for a very different reason. Teams can't wait to play the Mets because they're like, we're just gonna We're gonna get hot. It's gonna start a hot streak.
Speaker 2: If this took this Cubs team, they wish they could play the Mets for one hundred six two gas because they would probably win one hundred and fifty.
Speaker 1: Of them, I think, every team besides what we took a series from the Giants, I think, and even then they might want to play us just because that will distract from the mess that's their organization right now. Yeah, more or less.
Speaker 2: But that's the other thing too, that's scary about this, and like it it's naturalized. Fans and the announcers do this, and the players, of course, the manager does this where it's like, you know, we're close, we have a very talented locker room. We rip off a hot streaker right back in this thing. And logically that makes sense. And we said that to you guys two episodes ago, and we were like, yeah, if this team ever could rip off again, I'm speaking pure hypotheticals right now.
Speaker 1: Yes, it will not happen. It's over.
Speaker 2: This team sucks so badly. But again, logically, you're like, oh, yeah, win a out of ten buff seven row, right, back in it good. This team does not make even close to enough winning plays in a daily basis to actually feel like they can ever win three four baseball games in a row, four out of five the way between pitching, hitting, defense, It would be a miracle to win a series right now.
Speaker 1: It is fascinating to watch how few winning plays that this team does make, because even bad baseball teams will stumble into winning plays. You see it all the time because it happens against the Mets. This is a team, and we've talked about this now for a couple of years. It's not a team that goes out and tries to take a win. They don't try and take it by any means. This is a team that hoping that the win falls in their lap. And I think again that kind of starts from the ownership, front office, manager down to the players. There is a culture that has been built in the New York Mets organization that is very complacent, that is not holding anybody accountable. It's been years now of this. It's not even just the David Stearns era. It's not just the Will Ponko era. Whatever it's gonna be. There is a lack of accountability in this organization from top to bottom. It is a culture nightmare. And I thought that that was gonna truthfully, I thought that was gonna be one of those things that we didn't have to talk about anymore.
Speaker 2: And I think that also reflects on us as fans too, And I think that we all naturally once again everything changed. With Steve Cohen, We're like, yep, yes we did it, Demon Slade, We're back. And then also especially with David Stearns coming in and then going to the NLCS and then signing Juan so you're like, holy shit, we're going to have fun forever. And we all kind of made the mistake of being born on their base feeling like that we hit a triple We all did that, We all did that collectively. And I do think also a lot more people came into the Mets or came back to the Mets during the twenty twenty four run. It was like, this is the most fun thing ever, and then you signed one. So though the fact that you can logically do those things back to back and then have this happen, it's it's to this level of catastrophe is insane. Even even more superlatives just to go on from the second game, a double heather on Wednesday. How many hits combined the top five hitters in the Cubs lineup had any game you lost ten to five?
Speaker 1: Uh? Well, I know that the Mets, I think, had one less hit than the Cubs in that game, So I'm gonna say that they had two. The top five hitters in the Cups lineup had one hit. It's good. It was Peko Armstrong and it was a single. Nice. Nice, that's good.
Speaker 2: All the everything came from Nico Horner, Carson, Kelly, Pedro, Miras, Dansby Swanson six through nine in.
Speaker 1: The lineup, and Nico Horner has five extra base hits in three games.
Speaker 2: Do you remember when I told you in confidence a few days ago Nico Horner is one of three two qualified players not to have a barrel since May. I think he has like seven this series. He has like seven doubles in this series. Unbelievable and more sourperlos about this game. He's a curacy of the SNY stats department. Did a great job at the end of this game. First time all season a team had four home runs, their opponent had zero home runs and lost the game.
Speaker 1: Nice good. So you can't. You can't again, Mets can't stumble into wins.
Speaker 2: And it was the first time a team made I think they said, hit four home runs and made five errors since like a Brewer seam.
Speaker 1: In the eighties. Oh my god, we're doing.
Speaker 2: And then again the comparison, making five errors all in the infield, first time since the nineteen sixty two Mets. The fact that there is ever ever a chance to be compared to the nineteen sixty two Mets, you gotta shut the fucking door. Besides, like saying that they both played in Queens, Yeah, beside.
Speaker 1: The same area. No wait, they did polo grounds. Besides, they played in the exact same state. That's it, not even the same goddamn island. It's six errors. Six errors in one game. I've never seen that number before. And there were two other plays that could have been errors. Brett Baty dove into that wall.
Speaker 2: It was like at the end of softball when we're winning by a lot and everyone switched the positions for fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like, why.
Speaker 2: You don't play outfield? What are you doing out here? Like the fact that that's even still happening. I just can't even believe how far this has all falled, and that the entire and this this got quoted last podcast I think got taken out in social media, but like, oh it did. Yeah, yeah, the fact that the last era of homegrown players have all really flopped on their faces and we're still I will not quit for Cis Grovers ever, he still does things other baseball players can't do. But the fact of Baby and Vento's turning into the trade.
Speaker 1: Cubs are acquiring David Peterson from the New York Mets. Shut the absolute fuck up? Is he gonna pitch tomorrow against us? Oh? He's gonna He's gonna be awesome. He's gonna pitch against the Mets tomorrow?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: This cow? Is this real? What the fuck? This is absolutely insane? What hold on? We're gonna We're gonna live talk and tweet while we do this. I just I mean, I just tweeted this reel.
Speaker 2: This is how honestly that's lame to make a trade with the team that just did this to you?
Speaker 1: There he is he due to pitch tomorrow? Was he supposed to pitch for us tomorrow? I mean, I know Freddy's pitching tomorrow. Freddy's pitching tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's I'll tell you the last time he pitched, so I'm sure he's fresh because the Cubs are out of guys, which is again makes this series so much worse.
Speaker 1: The fact that the Cubs Edward Corbrega carved off the field on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Should we crushed showtza like Javier Asad has nothing.
Speaker 1: I love Javia Sad. The guy has nothing. But tomorrow be David Peterson's.
Speaker 2: There's theresay Peterson pitches that Monday. Oh my gosh, I'll what would we take for David Peterson?
Speaker 1: A bag of balls?
Speaker 2: Oh, a diet PEPSI, diet coke. And I wouldn't even I don't even know if i'd give a die coke for David Peterson?
Speaker 1: What is this? Bye bye Peterson? Oh my gosh, Lifetyle, you you talk? I got a tweet? Okay, you got a tweet. I gotta talk. I mean, I guess we'll we'll wait and see. I don't even know what I want to say, because that just completely threw me for a loop, that David Peterson just got traded. Not because he's good, we know that, but the Mets just took off out Koda Sanga from their rotation, so he's out of the bullpen, and then they the guy who we have even talked about Sanga. It's been twenty six minutes. Twenty six minutes we're just talking about we're talking about narrative right now. We haven't even talked about necessarily gameplay. Twenty twenty nine runs in three games. You know, let's make a tray. You know what you want to know why I fucking hated what Marcus Simeon had to say after the game. I'm bringing it back to my boy, Dalton Rushing. Love Dalton Rushing. Dalton Rushing had a weird scenario with Show Hey Tonight, Show Show Hey Tanaka. I almost called him Show Hey Otani tonight, where Otani wanted to challenge pitches. Dalton Rushing was fighting with him to say no. This was this whole back and forth blah blah blah. Show Tany was like, guy was right, you were wrong, Dalton Rushing after the game, two reporters, I'm a grown man. It's a pretty tough pill to swallow. It's embarrassing what happened tonight. Both sides of the ball. It wasn't a great showing. That's simple. We can't even fucking do that. This is a dude, who's what Dalton Rushing I mean because he's a Dodgers prospect, so he might be thirty, but Dalton Rushing, I've is twenty Come on, it's loading twenty five years old, and he already has more accountability and confidence in himself and honestly just respect for his teammates that he can take accountability and say bad on my part tonight, bad on my part. Nobody on the fucking Mets can do that.
Speaker 2: Also very funny that again, it's hard easy to have a leader, I mean, get that team show. Hey, Tony kind of brought him out to the mound and told him get you gotta get yourself together here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like we're not in the same page and you gotta do this. Do do something like that.
Speaker 2: Someone calling somebody out, someone calding somebody accountable.
Speaker 1: Like it's just it feels.
Speaker 2: Like the mess just kind of play baseball then leave and go home. Doesn't feel like they have a motivation to play baseball together. To be all on the same page for a moment like this is just I'm out. It's nice that we're actually gonna sell, thank god, because I felt like possibly Steve Cohen could have kept this thing tight if we were even within like five games. Now you can just trade every single thing that is a nailed to the ground and just let loose every single player. Don't don't really care what you get back. You're probably not gonna get back much good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, we're probably gonna do a more in depth video on the Mets and who they realistically probably will trade. But the two young guys in the outfield aren't going anywhere. Francisco Alvarez isn't going anywhere, and Noel McLain's not going anywhere, and Wan So too, and Francisco lindor otherwise, if anybody call comes calling for I think any other player on the active roster, you probably don't even have to think about the trade and what you're getting back too much. It might just start over.
Speaker 5: This episode is brought to you by FanDuel Baseball Fans. The MLB season is in full swing and FanDuel is giving you a chance to call your shot with daily dingers. Joining the action is easy. Just make your free pick on who's hitting a home run in their game, and if You're right, You'll get a profit boost to use on your next bet for a chance at extra winnings. It's just another reason why FanDuel is the home of home runs. So are you ready to play your game? Head over to FanDuel dot com slash podcast to get started. That's FanDuel dot com slash podcast. To opt in for daily dingers, make your free pick on who's hitting a homer playball swing for the fences on FanDuel, an official partner of Major League Baseball. No purchase necessary, opt in required. Bonus issued as non withdrawable profit boost tokens. Restrictions apply, including any token expiration and max wayt see terms at sportsbook dot FanDuel dot com. Gambling problem caller tax one eight hundred gambler and that.
Speaker 2: Kind of what this feels like you start over. And that's also one of the shames of this season too. And again I've told you guys, we owe you a prospect report that will come in the next few weeks that there haven't really been many incredible results down there. It's always still not out of spot yet where we can backfill with your organization in terms of players coming up from the minor leagues, and as why you have to sign more of these reclamation projects retread and again, you should always be trying to sign those guys if you trust in your development.
Speaker 1: Yes, I guess the Mets still do.
Speaker 2: You should be bringing in Wagonman's and melendezes and Jared Young's.
Speaker 1: They should be given a look. They shouldn't get as many played appearances as they are at.
Speaker 2: It's my point right now where it's like Adriwewing showed you like this much and you're like major league player and he's doing great at it, Like I love the the I think it was a baseball perspective or maybe his Baseball America.
Speaker 1: I think it was baseball perspectives.
Speaker 2: Basically, sat Ryan Cliffers had like the worst month of anyone that was ever considered something like a top prospect, like with like a sixty percent strikeout rate, and it's like, you're not there's no backfill right now, There's no one else to come up and like do anything, even like Jonathan Pintaro. It sucks that he has to keep wearing these That was a fat pitch for that second home und Dansy Swanson.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be honest, I don't think I don't think he's got what it takes to be a major league pitcher in terms of stuff, not like the stuff. I think he command is worse than the stuff. But every time he gets into a game, he gets annihilated. He doesn't really have like a clean, clean outing. He gets fucking he gets his tits lit like hey, sport, get out there and do and then come in for the worst and the worst case possible. Snario, you gotta show me a little more, gotta see a little bit more. But I mean that's what we have the rest of the season for Jonathan Bintaro has an open audition hopefully the rest of the season to show he's a major league pitcher. Jonathan Batar is gonna have lots of chances to show he's a major league pitcher. So when we trade man, some of the names that we're gonna see the rest of the year. I can't wait to see Kevin Parada make his debut there this year. See Nick Morbi though, Jared Leva, wan Bey is gonna get a look. Jose Rojas, Our King Andy Bondias are gonna play big time, big time down the stretch. Ray Kessinger the way he's gonna play second base, Christian Arroyo, Jackson Kloff, Zach Short sad before the fun's gonna start. I mean last time with dh Dfai, Zach Short. Remember what happened after that? Yeah, I mean grey. Did you see one of our bench coaches is Syracuse by the way, John Negowski? Oh really? Hey? How old? Is that guy? Not important to what we're now we're gonna get. We're gonna see Robert Stock at some point this season. That'll be nice. Fuck. Yeah, we'd better see Jeffrey On. That will get me back in the ballpark.
Speaker 2: Jeffrion, Ben Simon, Ryan Lambert. I like to see all of those guys. Remember ad Red Alsale, is he pitching?
Speaker 1: His pitching? It can't be worse than what we got. I mean, Bullpen's actually still great. Bullpen's still money.
Speaker 2: Bullpen's great this year triple A. Adbert has a seven point five walked per nine and six.
Speaker 1: D that's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's just the whole thing is really bad right now. And again, like there is there is the built an excuse that this organization was in bad shape. When David starts to go over and I'm gonna tell you, guys, right now. This might be disappointing for something to hear. He's not going to get fired.
Speaker 1: There's a zero percent chance he gets fired.
Speaker 4: Zero.
Speaker 1: There's a there's a higher percent chance that me and you get hired to take his job than there is for him to be fired. I agree with that, and I do think that if you're ever going to fire Carlos Mendoza, today would probably be the day.
Speaker 2: Probably beat tomorrow and then we get to we get to sneak another episode out there. But like that would be fun talk about, but also not his fault. He also, as John Harper said, looks numb to it all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he's he's uh, he's got that same stupid fucking face I've been saying he has for the last year. I would God, team Llans is Terry Collins, pep talk right about now. Oh, it's schedule, the tweet schedule the.
Speaker 2: Tweet in turn, And ironically, I do think that this Mets team and it won't happen because that's not the locker room or clubhouse or culture has been built. This team probably doesn't need a bit of an ould school kick kicking in the as manager and I've said, I said this back in May when the season fell apart, we believe for half a second. Now, of course it's so over, it's not even funny. All we want to see right now for the Mets, this is gonna sound very sad. All we want to see is like a Pittsburgh Pirate second half from last here.
Speaker 1: That's so sad.
Speaker 2: You bring an interim manager who you're giving a shot to see if the team rallies around him.
Speaker 1: Who's no island won't just won't happen.
Speaker 2: The Mets case, but the Pirates case, a little bit more lower schools, a little bit more of a hard ass, and Don Kelly, and you just kind of see if you can play from that point forward better than five hundred baseball.
Speaker 1: I want to start hard ass. I don't want like a stupidest. I don't want to go to two tools like we're not bringing Clint Hurtle lot of I definitely don't want Wally Bachman. I gotta say it to his face, but I want someone who again is gonna hold these guys accountable, because when you do look at this roster, there are actually, out loud, truthfully, very few players on this team that are above being like reamed out if you look at this roster right now, not even like reamed out like they're adults. Yelling adults is always weird, but like guys who basically can kind of do whatever they want. And I think us, me and you and also but not I'm not saying whatever they want, but in terms of like performance, you just expect that it's going to bounce back at some point. Like Francisco Lindoor, Juan Soto. Those guys hard. We know they're gonna do their job. Lindor's been horrible, but he's also been hurt, so whatever, it doesn't really matter. Soto has been incredible. But like everybody else on this team shouldn't have a guaranteed job at all, and it feels like they all think that they do, especially the fucking asshole plays first. But also Jared, you if you say one more with about Jared, not Jared y, I would never say that, Jared, I'd never say that.
Speaker 2: Sorry about Canada today, but yes, that was rough, But it does kind of feel like that's the culture that was built from top down. Steve Cohen, Davis Terns Carlston knows. It seems like there's an idea within this team within this clubhouse, like the players first is. Yes, he's a player's first manager. These players are allowed to kind of do what they want. It kind of seems like again, not that I'm saying he's a good thing or a bad thing, but it kind of seems like Francisco Lindor was like involved in his rehab, stant with playing games around New York as much as possible. And the yeah again I think him coming back quickly with a desperation move and without a doubt it doesn't have his timing left. But like that was weird to be like, I'm gonna play games ser because the game Binghamton, then gonna do simulate games in New York. We'll mostly we see guys kind of go down the floor. They've also most guys have houses in Floyda Lindora's base here. So again, not gonna pull that thread that thread too strictly, but does feel like these guys kind of get to do what they want. Well, taken by the Tommy fam quote from few years ago. Again, team, but it was like, oh, this is a team that doesn't work.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think about the Adam Outoveno quotes that he said this offseason. I think I think about even what code I Sega said after the game, where he was like, I the Metsicans send him now, I prefer not to be I prefer you bitch anything like a major league baseball pitcher. I think he has something in his contract that says that he has the right. It's good, that's great. I'm glad that we signed him to that contract because we just get to see him get his tits led every five days. It's also just there's still so much junk in this organization.
Speaker 2: Again, like those first three years, it was three different general managers. It was the Bucks Show Walter experience after Louis Rojas, like and again, it's so much worse now, but like it's just it's never even gotten kind of better. Like it feels like the miracle twenty twenty four was like a curse on this team, a mega curse made them believe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this it felt like that stupid giant season that really sunk them when they won that in stupid playoff game over the Vikings, the only team worst than to reached the playoffs the last like ten years in the NFL, and they won, You're like, oh, this is weird. Yeah, with Daniel Joes just went off and you're like, yeah, but you guys still definitely suck. Suck.
Speaker 2: And again, that mess team that made that run definitely sucked. Yes, and it seems like a lot of people involved probably also kind of sucked.
Speaker 1: And now we'll just keep doing it and going on and on and on, and we just decoded this angle for a second. Yeah, but first I do need to remind you, James that we do have the best food in baseball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, best food, absolutely, best food, best entertainment, all that.
Speaker 1: We have a purple seat, the purple seat to commemorate, commemorate a season where we finished fourth. Show up with my toolbox tomorrow. Just get rid of that thing. I'm gonna take it home, not to steal it, to incinerate bir We honestly Grimace sacrifice. They gotta bring Grimace to the game, burn him on the field, take a big McDonald's m nail Grimace to it. This is bad at so many levels. Don't clip this one, don't clip that, don't clip that one. They definitely but besides what you just said, we crucified Grimace. Let's go ahead and human sacrifice of Grimace. But he's the human grimas what is he? I got jump scared because there's been Grimace ads during the World Cup. Oh that he just sneaks up out of nowhere and just go ah. But I do think we might have to kill Grimace, like physically. You know what I'm excited for. I'm borrowing a car this week. I can't wait to listen WFN. I might, I might call in, I might tune in. I'm up early in the morning to drop off DC at the bus early. I might. I might be w F A N from eight o'clock in the morning to listen. I want.
Speaker 2: I want to do w f AN, but I'm scared we're gonna have people calling in doing crazy shit.
Speaker 1: I think there's gonna be some speech if we Yeah, you can't do that.
Speaker 2: I want to get some way to get you guys involved against you and mail bag, voicemail, something crazy but short. If you do give him under forty five seconds your first time, long time call that sanga?
Speaker 1: How was there more to talk about? He's so bad?
Speaker 2: Also, like the first inning, I was like, oh shit, this is cool. Fastball's confidence in the strike zone.
Speaker 1: This is awesome. And then I don't know what happened. In between the first and second inning, he get scared? Did he get upset? This is code eitch. You're so far away from the microphone right now, he looks to the heavens for answers. That's how you know the guy has no fucking clue what's happening. I've never seen so much, so confused, look to the sky in such disbelief of everything that's going on around him. For almost the entire game, every pitch he looks up like, what what is happening? How am I here?
Speaker 2: Remember we were excited that we got that the option got taken off so we could knopt out after three years, and now we have first next year, he's on the books again, fifteen million dollars.
Speaker 1: That has ever been interleague trade? Can we trade him back to Japan and take anybody that they've got he has?
Speaker 2: There's a ten team, no tradeless. This fire works my neighborhood right now. If they're celebrating David Peterson getting trades, they bust me. The twenty twenty eight option kicksands. The player has Tommy John surgery on right elbow that keeps Miney out for one hundred and thirty days. The option price increases two million dollars with a cy Young Award.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's got boths before.
Speaker 2: I just he I couldn't believe that he threw those fastballs, and he looks so good, and all of a sudden he came back out and there's no one but nothing else in strikes tenn Era that's like almost two A ten year ray is almost impossible. A ten ray over thirty inning that is absolutely unfathomable, while also.
Speaker 1: Striking out more than a guy in in It doesn't make any sense. He's walking like fourteen percent of the hithers he faces like it's he has an eighty percent he has an eightieth percentile with rate, and he has a ten era. Dude, they only have three hard hit balls. I know, and and I still have. All these things should tell you got to have a little face I have. I have less than zero faith. What's less than zero? Was it the Dansby home run? Then Nico Horner the Grand Slam?
Speaker 2: Nico Horne's on second base, he can't even turn around and just put his hands up in the air and started slowly walking to third.
Speaker 1: Getting this Cup season back on track too is just such an absolute punch in the stomach like I, oh, I was for our bets. Great. I mean those are never gonna hit those sadly. Yeah, no, that's true. They're just mester raight. David Pearson's the Cubs to happen like we get anything funny. I mean, who cares at this point? Now, I just want to know what it is so I can at least like obsess over who it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I means yeah right, Petro Mirror, j Jed Horror, whoa.
Speaker 1: Interesting Lindora. I didn't see these comments. I felt like mania could have gone a little longer, and I added at least fifteen pitches. We're better than what we showed today. Hopefully tomorrow we come back to turn the page and play the way we're capable of playing again.
Speaker 2: Those comments also sucked too. Those comments are like, that's kind shitting I'm in doza.
Speaker 1: A little bit, a little bit of both, and also at the same time, it's like, play the way we're capable of playing, guys, this is this is the team you are. There is no capability. The capabilities have been hit halfway through the season game since the eightieth game this season, because it's been gone for two months. Maybe that's what it is. Yeah, that's because he's playing. Also, it's just so funny. I saw this hard second the door comes back. It's crazy these guys. Actually, you actually can't make that up. No man code. I though, I think, I think I think we gave him all he needed to give him. What else can we talk about with players? I mean, I guess the mania thing is also the door.
Speaker 2: Maybe taking shots at the rest of the infield that like semi and error, kind of opened the floodgates.
Speaker 1: That whole inning. If he hated Jeff McNeil and how he played second base, he's gotta absolutely hate Mark Simeon's guts.
Speaker 2: I mean, Jeff Kil's gonna get thedfa too. Maybe we'll bring him back satisfy the fans. Last thing I want to talk about.
Speaker 1: Last thing. Last thing. Oh I noticed Peter Alonzo Chance Alonzo Chance. That is rough. That's that's a rock bottom moment right there. Seriously insane.
Speaker 2: Also because like plans is back would be thirty seven and forty three. He's having a great year now, he's totally back like all those fine, he's totally good and he's doing exactly what we always expected.
Speaker 1: Peter Alonzo to do. This is I wish Peter A. Lonzo was still on this team. I know you wish Peter Alonzo was still on this team. This is not anti Peter a Lonzo on the New York Mets. No, it's this team would still be absolutely horrible with him. They'd be terrible.
Speaker 2: We again, we'd still be under five hundred. We'd still be a bad baseball closer to the Marlins. We'd be closer to the Nationals too. Yeah, we're also playing unbelievable baseball so hot right now.
Speaker 1: Well, all it took was them getting swept by us, and they went with you know what, the Marlin said, we gotta make changes. Things have to change around here. We just got swept by the Mets.
Speaker 2: Due you just the mess just may tray with the team that scored twenty nine runs on them in three days, we could send them a pitcher.
Speaker 1: MT's have given up fifty runs in five games.
Speaker 2: David Starian has probably been asking every single team in the league if they want David Peterson for the last four or five months.
Speaker 1: I can't believe a team took them. It took Edward Cabrera basically being done for the season. The Cubs like, I guess it's funny. Two second, four, they'll get in on it. Game one. How quickly does David Peters to get DFA from the Cubs? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean, but do they have no pitching left? He might not Again, McNeil's gonna get dfayed from the athletic point. Cole Mathis, Cole Mathis, Let's see if we get something. Let's see Cole Mathis. He is hurt currently goouse.
Speaker 1: He's twenty three, went to the College of Charleston's second round pick in twenty twenty four. He's on the seventh seven day two girl, I don't know what that means. He's right right handed. Wait he frustrated in college? Oh he hits two right basement little yeah, a little bit of power. Maybe we could do a little prospects of on search. See what that eggit villa is. He's got ten home runs in twelve doubles in thirty nine games at low and high. A call him up? He can't. How much worse could he be than Mark Vieto's truthful? See that was the saying before. Does not even people call up anybody? Jt O. Schwartz, You're it's your time. JT. I don't know if he's in the organization anymore. Is his name JT. O. Schwartz today? JT. Schwartz.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, it was insane common. I can't even find Cole Mathis on prospects.
Speaker 1: Are you have triple A clicked? Maybe? Yeah? I do a good point. I'm trying to see, just for fun, who are some names that I would like to see play any positions over some of the guys on this team.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, I just I mean, it'd be like more beat up. We saw him, we tried that again, get bad. Let him just play again, Jerry Andy Bonyez.
Speaker 1: Outfield is the least of her worry. When Wansone's healthy. We have three good outfielders and they're gonna be here together for a very long time. Absolutely locked up there. It's just like, I mean, Ronnie Maurizio should be starting second base tomorrow. Yeah, at this point, I mean, let's also think like how.
Speaker 2: You got three years at a total of now again, not pro rade for this year if you want to pro Wade for this year, thirteen million left this year, twenty six million next year, ten million the year after that. So you got about fifty million dollars left to Marcus Enti and Steve Cohen has a chance to.
Speaker 1: Do something really cool, which is put his money where his mouth is and just be like, we'll eat you to not to not play baseball anymore.
Speaker 2: Uh, Cole mathis his low A didn't have stack cast data. Oh of course, So we got got good contact rate, swing rate, very low swing rate, unbelievably low swing right.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's good.
Speaker 2: And then even we get the same stuff at hya more of the same A contact first, right handed, first basement.
Speaker 1: Cool. Well, he is at home runs in thirty nine games. He has twenty two extra basins in thirty nine games. We'll take it. We'll take it. Don't look at his age, to the to the level.
Speaker 3: No, this is.
Speaker 1: How did they keep making it worse? The way, the reason they keep making it worse, and truthfully, it's because they don't have good baseball players. The players are bad that the roster that was put together, even even we should have been more prepared for injuries, this team was not clearly considering what we've done. And what's funny is one of the main injuries was losing our center fielder and the guy that steps In has been phenomenal. So actually, yeah, best thing, best thing that could have happened. Yeah, but the guy's playing first base got nothing. The guy playing second base is less than nothing. He's horrible. He's put Brandon Nimo at second base at this point, I would have preferred that. Do you think I would preferred that? I think I would a part. Do you think that we're gonna get a Steve con press conference soon?
Speaker 2: Because remember this happened twenty twenty three and around this time of year, right before they sold. Steve Cohen felt like he had to tell us that we were selling. You think we get that again because the sterns press conference again frustrated, gotta stick with it.
Speaker 1: That was two days ago. That was one day ago.
Speaker 2: I mean, you've lost three baseball games since then, twenty nine to what eight nine.
Speaker 1: It's just it's so bad. He owes the Mets fans something, he owes some sort of press conference. Can't keep just hiding behind the casino thing right now, which is insane for us to say. The last time that Steve Cohen has tweeted, by the way, before a reply, I'm gonna look at hiplies. No. His last physical tweet with it not being a reply was April twenty third. The Mets had beat the Minnesota Twins ten to eight that day to fall to nine and sixteen, and he said, that's a big boy moment from bo great to see. That was the last tweet. Green Shoots was April fifteenth. Okay, that's actually the last any sort of correspondence we've heard from Steve Cohen was in April twenty third. April twenty third, nine, so they were what again, nine and sixteen? My bad, they have gone. They have thirty four wins, so that's twenty twenty five and twenty five and thirty.
Speaker 2: How did Mets actually get something legitimate for David Peterson?
Speaker 1: I don't know. This is from Eric Logenhagen to Fangrafts.
Speaker 2: A two way star is underclassman the College of Charleston Matthis offers feel to hit in a slugger's frame, a reputation booed by blistering performance on the Cape. I saw him lost eleven home run thirty eleven home runs to the Cape. Coyley, that's not a joke, that's what bet. How the hell did we actually get a player.
Speaker 1: That could be like Major League death for David Peterson. He's like the guy is that prospects like as old as wan soda. That's good. Is fine with him? I'm messing with him. Oh my god, I've got a series. Mets need to play more extra inning games seven and five and extras this year.
Speaker 2: I don't want play any more extra inning games. I don't want one extra inning of Mets baseball the rest of the season.
Speaker 1: Nine innings. Can't do it extra great. Tomorrow's at the halfway point. After tomorrow, we're going down the mountain.
Speaker 2: So bad.
Speaker 1: I don't even we have to. We gotta think of in the second half, because you're gonna have to go to some games. We're gonna have to think of it. I have to.
Speaker 2: I guess you don't have to, but you're probably gonna wind up. So I'm gonna wind up going to some too. That still like going to the ballpark, even though it's the worst baseball team ever. I we gotta think of some bits, some stupid shit to do in that ballpark. We gotta think of something funny. Yeah, some games, some something again, extravagant meals we should do. Maybe we could set this up for the dog days of August I'd love to set up a med stup pot luck in city Field.
Speaker 1: That would be nice. We take over a.
Speaker 2: Section in the upper deck and everyone just brings some food from home, classic Mets stuff, fashion, and then we just we just had we have a shindig in City Field of everything that we brought in ourselves.
Speaker 1: It's either that or like, I also love the idea of like, we all know we're gonna meet in this section at one point, and everyone's got row tissery chicken. Yeah, that ro tissery chicken. Everyone just brings their own rotissary chicken. Yeah, that's good too.
Speaker 2: And again I said this, I've flowed this few years ago, but was denied by the people at the time.
Speaker 1: Some kind of bullshit scavenger hunt. Just totally let people loose in city Field. Feels like we might get in trouble for that one.
Speaker 2: Why don't actually run, but like find something like that'ssten I'm in but find the Eddy George Jersey and city Field one of your the most disgusting stat that I've seen. Yeah, God, that's are fifth in attendance in the National League, one of one of the best attended teams in all of the National League. And this is one of the worst products that anybody's put out in baseball this season.
Speaker 1: Fans rock, you guys rock listening to this. New York Mets fans are the fucking best. It's a real shame that this team can't even match the fan base for one tenth of an iota. David Peters's career FIP is three point nine to one. Something's wrought, phips, broken, bad stacks. I'm out. I'm out on FIP. I'll never use it again. Oh my god. Last Prazowski said, they've basically fits with the Cubs.
Speaker 2: Look for not white handed, yep, yep, Jack a soft towser, cut fastball, and then they're gonna teach him a sweeper.
Speaker 1: Well, you've seen the cut fastball. It's not good. Oh my gosh, this is so funny. This is really I can't believe that happened live. That's awesome. Anything else, Yeah, no, I mean maybe think HORRII Block has ever come back. He was running at City Field. I don't know what that means, but he was running. I saw Luis Robert sitting on the bench. That's something, will say. Also, just another Steve Quohen tweet again, kind of chirped the fans back on April seventh for only claiming fifty eight percent of the free tickets that were given because of the weird change of time for the doubleheader thing. Mets were seven and four at the time. They can you can do the math there. They've lost forty games and I believe they've won twenty seven. I missed the next You think Earlying Holland could be he'd be nice in the Mets. I'd love to see him play second base. I would love to see him try and throw a baseball. It's gotta be either so smooth or it's good, or it's going to look like those like new robots, you know, those robots that like walk around trying to like learn how to be humans. It's gonna look like that. Possibly.
Speaker 2: I want to I want to see last thing, just to make it just a twist the knife on you guys, will please do? I want to see how much Dansby Swanson's races ops since.
Speaker 1: Arriving in City Field. Well, he was at ninety four today by the end of the day. I believe if fan grafts, yes, oh ops, I'm a WRC plus I see it. I'm so used to you giving me WRC plus only he was a six to seventeen ops before the series began, and after the second game of the series he was at philibuster, Philibuster, Philibuster, philibuster.
Speaker 2: He was at six eighty eight, a seventy one point OPS race after seventy seven games played this season, so almost up to his career average.
Speaker 1: Unfathomable. It's fifteen RBIs and three games for Dansby Swanson. Guess what, So in the last seven days he has fifteen RBIs right in this series so far? Yeah, it is last fifteen games, he has eighteen RBIs. How about this one? In his last thirty games he has nineteen RBIs. But those count these games, I know, That's what I'm saying. In his last thirty games prior to the Mets series, he had four RBIs and I think a home run. Can I say something crazy?
Speaker 2: From June sixteenth through May nineteenth, he had one RBI toad to whole time.
Speaker 1: God James Swanson strikes again against the Mets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said today, it's like the chip Chipper Jones's ghost takes over his by like the Holy Spirit when he plays the Mets.
Speaker 1: Even if he leaves the fucking Braves. Still can't get away from it. Oh I hate this team. I hate this team so much that's just let's call it. Yeah. Oh perfect timing camera went off. Thank you guys for listening, Thanks for watching. I'm not even doing the subscribe. You know what to do. Fifty minutes and you love us. We'll see you later. Bye, Thanks guys. I can't even say let's go Mets