Speaker 1: Welcome in friendos to leaning off on Fantasy pros. I am Chris Welsh and joining me today is all of the energy. It is going to hit you like a ton of bricks. He is mister energy. Mister Michael Govier is in the house, sitting in the co host seat with me.
Speaker 2: What's up, Michael Welsh?
Speaker 3: How you doing? My friend?
Speaker 4: We cut it closer this morning, but it's morning for you. We've hitting noon on the East Coast, and I'm feeling good.
Speaker 3: I'm ready to rock. I want to talk baseball with you.
Speaker 4: And I don't think there's anything else I'd rather be doing right now. Maybe taking a nap, but I can always do that later because you're come first.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in the chat, I said top of the morning to everybody, or as we would say on the West coast, good afternoon, because it's nine am here you guys over on your East coast, you're having lunch and you're doing all that type of stuff. I don't want to touch any food you guys are having all of that. Yeah, And as Kobe I was mentioning cutting a little short, it was about twenty seconds before.
Speaker 2: But I believe you just moved. I believe you just moved to Did you move to the Canada? Did I hear you?
Speaker 3: Know you?
Speaker 4: Usually those of you that know me, if you've never seen me before, honey, how you doing. But those that have seen my show, the plots of podcast or seen me elsewhere, Ah, he's got top notched background. So I always make sure I got the green screen rolling with quality lighting because that's just what I do. But I am doing my very first show ever from the great country known as Canada.
Speaker 3: It's right, I am in Canada right now.
Speaker 2: Wow, you're from the Canada right now.
Speaker 1: Also, big news if you guys don't follow Michael on Twitter, MJ Govier Michael, it was just announced yesterday that is joining FTN. So he's got his own podcast, a Plaza podcast, but also going to be over with FTN. So congratulations, my friend. I think you're going to be doing a bunch of football content. So the baseball people will boo and hiss at you here.
Speaker 2: But I don't know, you'll probably have some baseball content in there.
Speaker 3: No, baseball is very much a part of it. It is.
Speaker 4: That's like I'm doing college football stuff as well, but baseball was the main thing to our main man's lad Settler. He really wants to grow the baseball product there and we're all about baseball there, so that will definitely be a focus there.
Speaker 1: You go, Well, Michael and I are going to go through all the motions with you, as we've had a star studded lineup the entire week of everybody from Mike Kurlin to Nick Pollock to the debut of the Wonky Penguin.
Speaker 2: I hope you guys have been injoying it.
Speaker 1: But let's get into baseball and we've got all the things under the sun. And number one, the Los Angeles Angels hit seven solo home runs last night, two by Otani, and they lost eight to seven. Magnificent. That's a piece of artwork right there, Mike. I have a couple notes here. These are both from Kodify and I found these fascinating. Sho Heo Tani became the first Angel ever to hit multiple home runs in three differ differ games that the team lost in one season. Codify then doubled down the most multi homer games that resulted in losses in twenty twenty two. Shoho Tani is the leader with three. As I just mentioned there, were thirty six other batters that had one. I don't know if you've looked at the show. Have you looked at the show sheet yet?
Speaker 3: I certainly have. Yes.
Speaker 2: All right, then you know because.
Speaker 1: Number two on that list Kyle Schwarber. So Kyle Schwarber had two that multi homers that resulted in losses. Thirty six other show HEO Tani three. That is a spectacle that I think is hard to defeat and also brings up a question to me, Michael, we have spent so much time on this show throughout the season, me and PS and PA talking about Shoho Tani and the MVP odds.
Speaker 2: Do you think things like.
Speaker 1: These are going to swing the pendulum back? You know, we had Judge and then we had Tani come in like a fury take over the lead. I'm actually gonna go, look, I haven't see what the odds are, but do you think I'm not sure where you stand on the MVP race in the al in general if it is Aaron Judges Shohio Tani. But is this the type of stuff that you think that is gonna make him fall off of this lead?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Boy?
Speaker 4: I thought Judge would tank second half. In fact, at Fantrax. We did these quick hitter fun clickbaity posts, So, hey, who is the guy who's gonna fall apart as an outfielder or who's the hitter?
Speaker 3: You're fading in the second half?
Speaker 4: And I chose Aaron Judge as a hitter to fade just because he was so good that I couldn't believe he could continue that pace. Sometimes that's all it is to me. I just think when a player does something so poorly, they're not gonna be as bad as they looked either. You know, I never believe it'll go for that long. But Judge continue to kick it in the second half. But what Otani has done is so legendary. And I've been sticking with Otani to win the MVP no matter what, because he is two in one.
Speaker 3: He is both sides of the Oriel.
Speaker 4: Cookie, you know, and you get the fun, You get all of it with Otan.
Speaker 5: It's so incredible that even my words of me getting louder and getting more passionate about it still will not tell you or allow me to express how incredible it is what Otani does as a pitcher who's dominant and a hitter who's dominant.
Speaker 4: It's amazing. I'm staying with Otani all the way. I don't care what the yards are. He's gonna win the MVP unless unless Judge hits a really high home run mark that we haven't seen in a minute, and that might be the only thing that changes it. But otherwise it's Otani's game.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, pretty much what he's doing.
Speaker 3: Bye bye, Yeah, well that's true. Yeah, he is.
Speaker 2: Exactly what he's doing.
Speaker 1: So I looked at the odds, we're back into just fun land here on DraftKings.
Speaker 2: Is just what I happen to pull up. Aaron Judge is the.
Speaker 1: Current favorite at minus one seventy five and Otani is now plus three point fifty. So this is swam the last week and a half where you're getting three and a half to one back on your odds on Atani because the struggles are real. The offensive output is kind of tapered back a little bit. Pitching has been okay, but you haven't seen the dominant performances.
Speaker 2: And it also what I think it's.
Speaker 1: Very interesting is it shows the market where Otani is the leader when he is doing unhuman like things. When he has four straight games of ten strikeouts, he immediately jumps back. But as soon as that goes away, as soon as he becomes human again and he struggles on any point, it immediately is going back to Judge. Now where the vote ends up.
Speaker 2: Going is going to be really interesting.
Speaker 1: But for the first time, I do kind of wonder if Judge hits sixty and Otani keeps kind of struggling with this Angels team that's falling apart, would voters really turn it over at this point just out of like I mentioned this very early on, because we just can't do it.
Speaker 2: We just can't keep giving it to this guy for the next.
Speaker 1: Five or ten years. The odds have jumped. If you're still an Atani believer, three and a half is a pretty good number that you guys can still get on if you would like two and you know, I'm a little bit curious. I'm gonna text Joe, I'm gonna we'll get to check it next week if he's turned anything about that. A couple other headline pieces, Edwin Diez gets a six out save versus the Mets as they beat their I'm sorry as they beat with the Mets. They beat the Brave six to four, and we had that note there yesterday about he could have the highest k per nine in all of baseball, which is a Bonker's number. This and we've got a question or a thing that's gonna come up here in just a tiny bit, Justin Verlander pitched six innings, giving up zero runs, two hits, one walk, five strikeouts. He reached the one and thirty innings mark, which triggered a twenty five million dollar player option for twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: Go Via.
Speaker 2: You know, I was.
Speaker 1: Looking at a lot of just the pitcher numbers, and as I've done my redraft ranks here, one of the things that stood out to me is I feel like I want to be weird about Verlander, Like I don't want to put him like crazy high.
Speaker 2: But when you look at the fifteen win total of the sub to.
Speaker 1: Era on the season, how high is verse as far as ranks go, rest the season sps like you get Jacob de gromdback Sandyo. I mean him and Sanio Contray the only two guys with the sub to era right now. You know Verlander, he's older, He's on a great team, is it? It is obviously trustworthy, But where does he sit on the pantheon of other SPS right now.
Speaker 4: Coming out of the All Star Gate. There in the second half, I did some show. I can't remember what it is.
Speaker 3: I'm so busy, I have so many shows.
Speaker 4: To do, guys, sir, I can't remember where I was. But there was talk about, hey, Verlander, is this fluke?
Speaker 3: Was this real? Are you fading him? The second half?
Speaker 4: And I was buying him all the way back to the preseason. I didn't get enough shares because his stock started to really rise too quickly, and I was like, ah, I was getting a little too high. But when he was around EIGHTYP one hundred earlier in the draft season, I was all for it because as a Tigers fan, I've seen this guy in his mechanics and his delivery, and they're so effortless. They're so smooth that even though yes, he's thirty nine, he's coming off to you. I wasn't worried about it, Chris, I really wasn't, because this guy takes care of himself too, and due to those natural mechanics. I just felt that the way things are now, you could pitch in your forties and it's happened in the past. Nolan Ryan was a fluke, obviously, but I'm buying Verlander.
Speaker 3: All day long. I'm not fading him, and I think he's.
Speaker 4: I think he's right there, Top twelve starting pitcher rest of season. The Astros are competing big time World Series aspirations.
Speaker 3: They need him.
Speaker 4: He wants those opportunities. He's always been a clutch pitcher. I loved when he would destroy the Yankees back in the day when he was a Tiger in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Those were some of my favorite moments ever.
Speaker 2: Used to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's amazing, So I'm all about it. Top twelve easy, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And the better way to have asked that question is really like where does he sit? That would have pay on a better way for me to phrase it, because it's like, obviously we're in and everything like that.
Speaker 2: It's just like when I was doing my ranks.
Speaker 1: You've got your top two tiers, which I think are quite to like roughly your top ten overall sps.
Speaker 2: But like the grouping I have him in is out. You know what, Let's do this real quick. Let' see if you can do it really quick.
Speaker 1: Al Contra, de gram Otanizer and Verlander, those are five. I have those five in a grouping. How would you rank those. I actually just gave everybody that's that is my current setup before I released my Redraft rank update. But al Contra, de Gram, Otani Verlander that is my five of that grouping.
Speaker 2: How would you how would you rank those.
Speaker 4: Contra? I think I'm going al contra one. Okay, he's my guy, He's to be more my guy. Now I'll start saying everyone's my guy. By the end of the show, it'll be kind of ridiculous, will be nobody left.
Speaker 3: But it's a contra.
Speaker 4: Schurzer Otani de Gram and then yeah, yeah, I think, Yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: And Verlander fifteen wins currently over on the betting odds here too, he is the lead over McClanahan and it's minus one thirty four Cy Young plus two hund two to one with Shane McClanahan. The more that I look at it, you have a sub, I don't think anything else matters, Caper nine anything. If you have close to twenty wins and you've got a sub to Era, you're just gonna take it home. And that's where he's at. So you know, Joe is gonna be absolutely unreal. Thank god, he's not here to have to listen.
Speaker 2: To that a fun thing. In the NL.
Speaker 1: The gap is quite a bit larger, al Contra minus two thirty with Burns at plus.
Speaker 2: Seven fifty, so seven and a half. So that has been.
Speaker 1: All but locked up. As far as the UH, the betting market goes, Wow.
Speaker 4: It's crazy, are that against Burns? Burns fallen that much this year? I mean, I know he hasn't been as dominant as he was.
Speaker 3: Recently, but he's still really good, isn't he.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, but but I don't. That's not a marker of him not being good.
Speaker 1: It's just a it's just a dictation that al Contra is so much better than everybody else in.
Speaker 2: The NL that it's not remotely close.
Speaker 1: As far as the top ten pitchers on ERA, you've got four coming from the NL, and number two is al Contra with a one eight eight ERA. Corvin Burns has got a two four nine. Burns doesn't have the wins al Contra does. He doesn't have close to the innings. What he does have is the strikeouts. So you have a two and a half ERA with the strikeouts, but al Contras in the double he's got double Digi's on the wins and he's got a Supreme Era four to two war I think, which is highest of any pitcher currently.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 1: Is double digit's gone double digit's and Corvin Burns a three, so he's almost got a one and a half higher war than him. So that's why the market is just so done and over and it's al contra big time injury front, Kyle Tucker was scratched from Thursday's lineup speaking the Astros with an illness, but he should be returning this weekend. Actually, i' gonna get this one out of the way. Cole calhountin day al fine. Clayton Kershaw left Thursday's start the fifth inning with back tightness. He's gonna undergo test on Friday, LBA. The trade deadlines for Fantasy might just they'll be looming. Can you trust Clayton Kershaw for the rest of this year? Would you be in any way okay to buy? And if you owned, would you be getting out as.
Speaker 2: Quick as possible?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Out. Don't want him, don't have him, I don't. I don't have a single share. I don't roster him in any league. I can't trust him. He's been he's been alright, you know, he does what he does still, but the injury, especially when you hear the back, Chris, you know that's bad news. We know the back history with that man in LA, so I'm not wanting to do anything with him, especially down the stretch.
Speaker 3: I try to sell.
Speaker 4: If somebody's like, hey, I believe in him, go make a move, even if it's half priced.
Speaker 3: Get out of it now.
Speaker 4: If you're in a head to head situation where you need a lock in a roster to make a playoff push, I don't think you could trust Kershaw right now.
Speaker 3: He won't be there for you.
Speaker 4: And you're gonna need pictures that you can rely on post trade deadline because it'll be no more moves for you to make. You'll only be able to rely on the waiver wire. Depending how big or small your league is, it could be, you know, difficult to find someone that's gonna be useful.
Speaker 2: What's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Really interesting is if this team a decides to go to a six man rotation.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm gonna be really curious about.
Speaker 1: They're gonna go back to stretching them out and b if Kershawn's out, what is the full move that they do because you have Dustin May who's getting close. Dustin May, I think, is going to have to rehab starts more. I don't know if he's gonna go full games. I think they would limit his innings the rest of this year.
Speaker 2: Coming off of TJ.
Speaker 1: You've got Walker Buehler that is in the wings here a little bit, and then you've got Bobby Miller. Bobby Miller top prospect they ended up not trading, who has been phenomenal this year. I do think in the short term Bobby Miller could be an option as I'm looking through this, because Dustin May is probably still a week and a half before he comes back, and Bueller's a little bit more. But when you get those guys back healthy, I think this team moves to a six man rotation. Bueller on the back end and Dustin May plays a bullpen roll. And what you can do is they could piggyback and they could limit Kershaw's innings, or.
Speaker 2: They could just hold him back a little bit.
Speaker 1: So I still have some trust in Kershaw, but it's not in that I'm gonna get full, big, deep games where I'm gonna get a bunch of starts the rest of the way through. I think it's gonna be relatively short termed. I think the Dodgers are gonna start manipulating on the back half of the year to make sure everything's okay because they have so much depth. Like I said, yeah, you literally have what team wouldn't kill to get Walker, Bueller, Dustin May, and Bobby Miller into a rotation. And these are like at this point would be six, seven and eight for them.
Speaker 4: So can we trust Bueler laugh? Are you confident that he's gonna be ready to roll?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, But see that's the thing is I think with all of these guys, they're gonna eat It's gonna they're gonna eat each other up. Like Buehler, you don't want to go and have one hundred you know, uh any any pitch games. You don't want to one hundred pitch games. You don't want to have Dustin May go deep. You're probably not gonna want to have Kurshaw go deep. So I think you could have guys piggybacking on each other six men rotation to lower them. They're just gonna monopolize each other, which is the So could you maximize it if you were in a league that had like maybe minimal starts per week or minimal innings per week. I actually think that Kershaw could still have some value in that if you're if you're in that limit when he's out there. But the problem is is I just don't know how trustworthy it's going to be. And uh, he's not a trade four. I don't know if I would completely trade off of just for like seventy cents on the dollar, but I would look to move off of him. But you're gonna probably have to wait till he returns and that that pass. That's that's the trick here. He might allow for bus grade.
Speaker 2: Deadlines are done.
Speaker 3: Yeah for the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got a trivia question, and I'm gonna throw it out to everybody and then we're gonna.
Speaker 2: Keep moving here.
Speaker 1: So talking about this era, run two players currently in Major League Baseball qualified pictures have an under two ERA. One of those is as old as me, thirty nine years old.
Speaker 2: Here's your trivia question.
Speaker 1: Who are the only pitchers in the al NL modern era since nineteen to post an ELRA under two that qualifies for the league lead at the age thirty nine or older. That's weird how they say that at age thirty nine or older. I will give you guys the answer here in a little bit go via. You can't answer because he has the sheet. But again the question is just since two thousand, thirty nine years or older, who has had.
Speaker 2: A sub to era. There are two pitchers.
Speaker 1: That qualify on that. Justin Ferlander is doing it currently. He will not qualify for this answer. Love to know what you guys think, and I will give you all of those. This day in Baseball, nineteen twenty nine, radio station Katie Ka An announcer Harold Arlind provided the first broadcast of a Major League game ever. First broadcast nineteen twenty nine. Do you ever get like where I see him? Like your brain just fries? You're like, oh, they were broadcasting games in nineteen twenty one, Like I can't even fathom the broad Okay, oh right.
Speaker 4: Well I bet I want to help you out here because you said nineteen twenty nine, twice twenty one.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's what I thought, all right. I want to be clear, Yeah I do.
Speaker 2: In nineteen twenty one, I apologize either way.
Speaker 1: In the nineteen twenties, the thought of anybody like sitting in there like.
Speaker 3: And there gets to the back like the.
Speaker 2: Thought of like the old timey radio with baseball. Can't like one hundred years, that's so cool.
Speaker 4: Katie Ka was always something that stood in my mind because it was the first radio station that went live period. And yeah, it was the station at the time, and baseball was on it and people were sitting in like no air conditioning, there was no minimal amenities.
Speaker 3: It was dusty. Oh man, wow.
Speaker 2: It's right around prohibition too, was probably no, oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was even Yeah, we got bootlegging, we got a shy lah boof and Tom Hardy and his boys a running liquor across Virginia lines back in the day.
Speaker 1: Philly and Murphy over on across the Pond with the peaky blinders.
Speaker 2: Oh peaky freakin' we do know.
Speaker 1: It just didn't get into the twenties, like thinking of all of that stuff, like that they would all wear like suits. It would be something that you would be like really important, like we're we're on like a live broadcast for a big corporation talking fantasy and wearing T shirts and hoodies, and like they would go through a baseball game and they're wearing suits and cumber buns and they're just like.
Speaker 2: Well, welcome to the game. Welcome to the game.
Speaker 3: Let's hair shay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did have one person get one of the answers correct, and let's see dad.
Speaker 2: That was Wonkee Wonky came in. Roger Clemens is one of them.
Speaker 1: He had a one in seven era in two thousand and five at the age of forty two. But I don't see anybody. Some good guesses in here. You have sashel Page which was in there. No, this is since nineteen ninety. Like I'm sorry, nineteen hundred, nineteen hundred. I've been this last couple of days. I've been such a mushmouth of uh just jumbling words.
Speaker 2: But nineteen hundred.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I love you. But you said nineteen ninety the first time.
Speaker 1: I'll give people a little bit more here nineteen hundred, so it's I won't give you quite the answer. Yeah you got a little bit longer, but I mean the truth. You know, you're going a little bit deeper. So obviously I screwed that up.
Speaker 2: But we had all right, Dicky guesses Kershaw.
Speaker 1: So nineteen hundreds was the full one, and we'll come back to it.
Speaker 2: Let's go through some stat heroes.
Speaker 1: Clayton Kershaw, he went six, struck out five, giving up only I'm sorry, Justin Verlander kershawsk in my brain. I'm telling you, dude, yesterday I called may Or Nate. I did this on our secret show. I jumbled every single word to another degree. Just I'm gonna slow it down, Justin Verlander. Six innings, five strikeouts. Jose Kintana we really liked yesterday as a play, went six, gave up one and run struck out seven. We had Nick Pollock on yesterday and he did tweet out that he was a little worried about where that change up was going and all over the place. Maybe something that the Cardinals can continuously work through, but that was someone I really liked. Jeffrey Springs six innings, six strikeouts, and I believe he was one of the top k props on the market. I think it was four and a half and he got to six. Sonny Gray struck out five and five innings and Chris Bovic six with six strikeouts, tour and runs, four hits, go Ba. What was your favorite move of the trade deadline for pitchers?
Speaker 2: Did you love Kitana? Did you love Molly?
Speaker 1: I mean, there were a lot of really good moves as far as fantasy value, Kitana was one of those really sneaky ones in my mind, and I think he's gonna be a really good cheap play. Of all of them, he's one of them that's actually like out there and available, I think for some people in leagues. But what was your favorite impactful fantasy pitcher move from the deadline?
Speaker 4: You know, when Katana was moved from the Pirates to the Cardinals, I thought, eh, well that's underwhelming because I wasn't buying Kinana this year. I've had a lot of people DM me, hit me up, Hey Katana, shuld pick him up, sh.
Speaker 3: I roll this, And I just was like, what, No, this isn't real. I don't like what I I know.
Speaker 4: When he was a Pirate, I didn't believe it. But now he's a Cardinal. The Cardinals, they get a lot out of their pitching, especially they're starting pitching most of the time Jordan Hicks has had injuries. There's always exceptions, but gosh, that's not my favorite deal. But maybe it is going to be the most under the radar.
Speaker 3: Hey, that's a smooth move.
Speaker 4: Because when I was on the trade deadline show that you were on the other day with Joe Urco for Sports Ethos.
Speaker 3: There was a lot of talk about, boy, the Cardinals really are not doing much here.
Speaker 4: It seemed like it was, and that was right before the Jordan Montgomery trade, just to be clear, to give you a chronological view of what was happening. But I think, by uh, I think the best pitcher trade are the most enjoyable, one most introtriguing. One that I find interesting is probably Riise el Iglesias to Atlanta, because I did not see that one coming, because particularly to Atlanta, because Aja Mentor for the most part, has been really really good this year. I know Kelly Jansen has been up and down. He said the heart thing was there too. It's always going to be there, and they've got a lot of arms of that pen that they could rely on. But if Ryce Elle is not closing, will he be happy? Because you know, Mike Kurlin pointed this out to me after the deadline. Rizella had been verbal in the past about the fact that he didn't like not being the closer and if he's not in the headspace where it's good for him, that's gonna be a waste of time for the Braves.
Speaker 3: So I find that to be the most.
Speaker 4: Interesting, intriguing one that want I'll be watching the most.
Speaker 1: King Tana had ten swing and misses that in that one of the two double head kept getting screwed up. I was looking at the matchups forgot they had the double header yesterday in our infamous battle of home run calls. Bull crap we had yesterday. But King Tana had ten swing and misses, a beautiful forty three percent whiff rate on the curveball yesterday twenty.
Speaker 2: Four on the fastball.
Speaker 1: He had an uptick of almost a mild pro hour on the fastball and the sinker, and he registered only one of his pitches over a thirty csw but it was a curveball, which he threw thirty one percent of the time, so really hitting his points. Great defense offense behind him. King Tana is just a.
Speaker 2: Great second half guy. That's cheaper than any of the other big names like Malley and stuff. They're not out there.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give the answer before I get too far ahead, since I had screwed up. Oh and I see someone got it right here, Sables Goggles got it Cy Young, That is correct the two modern era. I did say that when I originally set up, but then I screwed up and said nineteen ninety. But the modern era of pitchers with an under two era that are thirty nine years or older.
Speaker 2: Cy Young had.
Speaker 1: A one nine to nine era in nineteen oh seven at forty and a one two six at nineteen oh eight at forty one years old. So Cy Young, Roger Clemens your answers to that trivia question. So good job to everybody was able to get that is very, very deep appreciable.
Speaker 3: Went to Michigan, by the way, just that's why I was doing this, So.
Speaker 2: Okay, I forgot you're a Michigan guy.
Speaker 1: On the Hitters, the big positive Hitter Front show you Tani we talked about he had two bombs going three for five. Ryan McMahon had a homer with five RBI, Seth Brown two for two of the homer. Tyler Naquin Now with the Mets, he had two homers two RBIs. Yes, they're getting a lot out of their new acquisitions and Vogolbach and Naquin I was very critical of like everything that they were willing to do and trying to do. And then it was kind of a whimper of Vogelbach and Taylor Naquin. But they're getting a lot out of these guys right now.
Speaker 3: You will be mistaken.
Speaker 4: My friend Tyler Naquin is gonna be that move that is not that big, but it's gonna be so clutch. I see him already as a series MVP. Seriously, he's gonna be the NLCS MVP. He'll come out and do what he does because he's so streaky and when he gets rolling, he can match the ball and he might usurp a job there flat out. I know eduard O Escobar is gonna have his role reduced a bit here. There's opportunity for Niquin to just be a starter. I actually held on to him in a twelve team league despite the trade, even though I was bummed when I initially saw the deal, I thought about it and I said, you know what, I like this offense. I like Naquin. I'm not bailing here, so I'm hanging in there, and I think you guys would be wise to do the same good stuff.
Speaker 1: On the couple other big positive Ramon Lariano didn't get traded at a homer four RBIs, Brandon Lao had a bomb with three RBIs Hoskins homer Salvi Homer, Maldonado Homer.
Speaker 2: Some stat zeros. Kyle Wright gave up.
Speaker 1: Four homers unfortunately six earned runs in his last start. Joe Musgrove big extension, not break out a big output four and two thirds, six earned runs, six strikeouts. Jason junk got lit up a spinel lit up five earned runs. Paul Blackburn, I know Mike Mayer wherever he is right now, is excited four and runs in five, and Poli sack as well. On the hitter front, Sea Suzuki in the doubleheader had four strikeouts, going one for seven. Trent Grisham, Matt Chapman, Hapscope Yelich, and Tim Anderson all with three strikeouts. Tim Anderson with an zero for five performance. No bueno, Hey, friends, how about some home run calls and an updated home run leader board. Bam right there, that is what I was talking about yesterday. We have got a race going. Would you look at that? Dee Blum and High Cobby with thirty seven bombs tied at the top Night King of the North thirty six. Mike Mayer is right on their tails. You've got a whole bunch of other guys in here that are chomping just biting at the ankles trying to get up on the board.
Speaker 2: But yesterday was the slow day.
Speaker 1: I think we only had one person on the front here board actually get a Homer Trey Turner. I was incorrect, but you know, what the hell did I even have yesterday? After all that stupid cardinal drama. Can't do doubleheader d So I went with Matt Olsen. He didn't hit anything, even though Goldie did hit one. But what does that matter because our dear friend Nick Pollock nailed it with Mooki Betts, so we got that on the board. So good luck today with your home run calls. Let's do a few little bets here go via and I'm gonna throw some out. Tell me if you like any of them.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: This is by our friends over at bet MGM, which yes, you guys can see.
Speaker 3: It right below.
Speaker 1: If you use the promo code leading Off right over, it's like under Govie.
Speaker 2: Just go check them out.
Speaker 1: Under leading Off use a promo code, you can get a one thousand dollars free risk free bet over at bet MGM. And they got some pretty good odds over there as well on a lot of their props, So go and check them out today, download the app, go to the website, doesn't matter, just use promo code leading off the top two bets on the Betting Pros cheat sheet. If you guys, go and go betty pros dot com. Check out the mlbprop cheat sheet, which I think even if you don't use it, it is such a cool tool because it's going to identify their projectional differences that you can then go and study.
Speaker 2: I've been saying that for a long time.
Speaker 1: But they're top two bets of the day for total bases mookie bets. They've got at one and a half on DraftKings. It's a little bit, not a ton of juice. It's almost even money minus one fifteen. They got to projected over three mookie bets total bases. Who's our home run called yesterday? And I Anderson on strikeouts, but it's because it's low. It's only three and a half versus the Mets, and it's minus one ten on DraftKings.
Speaker 2: He's projected at five. My two that I dig. But I gotta tell you, I am ice cold. I could not be cold.
Speaker 1: I am Bobby Drake, I am the Iceman. Just go against me. You should for the last two weeks. I could not be colder. Horrible decision. Just bet against me, and maybe you're gonna play out. I don't know when it'll change. Maybe it's today, it was not yesterday. Outside of the goldie home run call Tyler Malley, I like on strikeouts he has at five and a half. They project him just a tiny bit over, but it's big plus money at one twenty with his new team with Minnesota going up against Toronto, which can get strikeout happy.
Speaker 2: And then I like the Schwarbs.
Speaker 1: Kyle Schwarber total bases is also plus money today. These are both on the sugar House going up against Josiah Gray. He's leading off projected three total bases one and a half. Those are my two favorite Schwarber and Malley. You saw the other two from betting pros. What do you think, Michael or any of these you dig?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I like the Ian Anderson call because I think he's gonna be much better in the second half. We saw a nice performance recently. I think he had nine k's in that outing where he's like.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, look at that.
Speaker 4: He mixed more of his he changed out pitch, mixed a bit, and I was like, Okay, this is good because I've been hoping that Ian Anderson would stay true to himself from last year. He was now a dominant strikeout picture. Last year, I think it was a hair under ninek's per nine.
Speaker 3: But I like that prop. I'm all about that. Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Do that one, Donnie.
Speaker 1: I can promise you next week, the Princess Tiara will return.
Speaker 2: I don't have Joe's crown.
Speaker 1: My Princess Tiari is here, not in the mood to do it today, but I will bring it back next week.
Speaker 2: I promise Wonky as well.
Speaker 1: And at the end, I'm going to tell you we got the schedule up for next week of all of our great guests. We're going to get into more of a regular schedule for everybody. But the Princess Tiara will return, Donnie. So don't you worry, my friend. Thank God, Thank God. Right quick DFS stuff. Just letting you guys know some interesting numbers. Frama Valdez nine to nine on DK, Eric Lawer eight thousand, and Tyler Miley eight point seven. If you're looking for some pictures on Fandel Framber's ten to four, Eric Lawer's nine to seven, and some the only implied run totals over today. You got three teams Philly, Houston, and Milwaukee if you want to take advantage.
Speaker 2: Are you a big DFS guy? I never remember, goviare you?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: Actually, I'll be doing like daily picks for Baseball Props on FTN, so that's gonna be something I'll be doing on the RAG, which I haven't been posting publicly, but I do dabble a bit. But I was DFS heavy last year, learned a lot of harsh lessons. I even bade like a two hundred dollar subscription for some website. I was so in im like all right, I'm gonna pay this and I'm gonna be the DFS master. And there was one night I remember very much, in particular Alex Kiroloff and Alejandro Kirk. This was last year when they were still playing in Danied in the Blue Jays, and they each had double dong nights and I started both of them, and I was.
Speaker 3: Like, oh my god, this is my big moment. I played in like a bigger tame alive. I know I was playing in a bigger GPP too.
Speaker 4: I could have won like a thirty thousand dollars prize and I still didn't even place.
Speaker 3: It was very sad, and that's how I remember my DF experience.
Speaker 4: Baseball is brutal DFS, big, big NFL DFS, gouy, but baseball it's a lot more challenging.
Speaker 1: In my opinion, it's a rough go home run calls for the night. Oh would you look at this mayor? Me and him are on the same one. I want to point out to the crowd that I put my home run call before him.
Speaker 2: I'm going with Kyle Schwarber today, who I talked about, got a couple.
Speaker 1: Of bombs as far as history goes more at bats at the leadoff spot. Gimme, gimme Kyle Schwarber, and Mike Maher is doing the same thing.
Speaker 2: Not that I was going to catch him.
Speaker 1: I though, did pick up two homers this week. The wonkiest of Penguins is going with Jordan Alvarez. Michael Gobi, Do you have a home run call today? We did have two of the four guests this week I think have had and hit home run calls. So would you like to make it an over five hundred for the guest spot this week?
Speaker 4: I absolutelyely would love to make a home run call here.
Speaker 3: And that's vlyball de bla Phil. This one is god.
Speaker 4: See there's my home run call. I'm hilarious. But how about I know, I don't know how I do it. It's incredible. I'm going with Patrick Wisdom today against the returning Edward Crabera coming off the il first start.
Speaker 3: Is he healthy? Will he be good?
Speaker 4: Max Meyer only lasted ten pitches, so we'll see. But I think at Wrigley, I don't know how much the wind is blown. I would like to know that, but that's my call. Patty Wisdom. He crushes the baseball and he's gonna go yambo today.
Speaker 2: I think I had some personal issues that he was gone as well.
Speaker 1: Michael Govie on Twitter Mjgovier Any last things to plug? Like I said, you're gonna be over at FTN coming here now, so probably just follow the Twitter. You can check out the Plazo podcast. Anything else to plug?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, we got a free discord. It's fun too. You guys have home run calls. That's a great idea. I wish I had thought of that myself, but we still have a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: We do have a channel dedicated exclusively to the movie Heat, also a movie. It was just so stupid. We haven't own channel exclusively for people who love Russell Crow.
Speaker 4: So there's also baseball stuff mixed into the Discord's free check it out. It's all pinned at the top of the plaza podcast Twitter, two l's, two z's that's how you know how to find it. And Yes, FTN network, I'm going strong. There'll be some football stuff tonight too. Me and Blatt Seddler doing a live football thing tonight at eleven thirty pm. If you're interested in the football side of things, Beat the Gut tonight at eleven thirty.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: Fun stuff friends. I'm gonna go reset. My brain for the week unbelievable. I mean, like we started pretty strong and then my brain just shut.
Speaker 2: Down at the back half of the week.
Speaker 1: But we are gonna reset and we got a strong one coming up next week. We've got Wonky back. I think Kelly is gonna be on pretty much all Wednesdays. Bubba is gonna be my Tuesday guy. We got a couple new faces in there. Chris Clegg I think is our Friday guy. He'll be coming on. Schefter who I've actually never even chatted with, will be on Monday, and David Mendelssohn. Mindy is gonna be on with me on Thursday, not the regular schedule, but we're gonna get into a regular schedule next week with a bunch of great guests, so hopefully you guys are gonna come and hang out.
Speaker 2: Thank you for putting up with me all week.
Speaker 1: I think this is week one in the books without Joe Pi Zapia, but hopefully I did you right. Outside of my completely shutting down friends, have a fantastic weekend. We'll be back next week to do it all over again.
Speaker 2: It's leading off. That's Govie. I'm Welsh Peace friends.
Speaker 3: Bye bye,