Speaker 1: You are listening to the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show. Hey, catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube. And subscribers can watch the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show on Blaze TV. Thanks for watching and listening, and be sure to follow us on social media for more from the whole gang at the Rick Burgess Show. Let's go America. Look at Yellow Creek, Tuscaloosa, Alabama, Mid America. Help is ready, Pensacola. Ready. A Tennessee truck driver say, Hey, I'm with you. I'm rolling. What's up Young Parris, bighead, chunk, locked and ready, Charlestown, Indiana. Nashville the Music City says.
Speaker 2: We're in.
Speaker 1: The Rocket City Huntsville, Alabama. We're in ua W in Pennsylvania. Yeah, the auto workers are in Baby Anniston Army Depot in the Rocket in Jacksonville, Alabama's in What up Up time? Rick's makeup artist at the seven hundred Club is in Thankfully. Today's czky is in Dallas, Texas.
Speaker 3: Is in.
Speaker 1: H Tala, We see you staying in. It's in Mississippi. Glad you're here. Auburn, Alabama. Our Mucci Georgia's that right, Davenport, Kentucky, Crestline Elementary, Geneva, Alabama. Somewhere in Arkansas, Zach the trash Man, I knew you were there. Brother, Another hour, another day, another Rick Burgess show, Speedy, Greg Adler, you already know they're here. Ken Osborne told you that. So we've got a lot to unpack on the program today. I will go ahead and send out a warning because there's two groups of people on part of the show today. You're gonna it's You're gonna be it's. It's gonna be intense. Now if you are like Greg and you are like me and Adler seems to kind of vacillate somewhere in between. On second hand embarrassment, Greg and I can't get enough of it, anything that would make Speedy uncomfortable? Are all those that struggle with secondhand in embarrassment? I can't see it or hear it enough?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Adler? Where are you on it? Does it bother you? Do you enjoy it? Are you just saying I don't really get bothered by it, but I don't really enjoy it either? Where are you on that?
Speaker 5: It's the context, it's case by case.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: So yeah, some really bother you.
Speaker 6: Some really bother me okay, and some I want to soak it in like a sponge.
Speaker 1: Okay. So it's all according to how it's presented. Yes, Speedy, tough day for you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm really not paying attention right now. I'm just acting like it's not happening.
Speaker 1: Okay. So Speedy has a brother of secondhand embarrassment. His name is Andy Blanks. You've heard about him many back during the Rick and Bubby years. He would be on from time to time. We started the Man Church, a lot of you started hearing about Andy because he kind of oversees the curriculum and making sure it gets published, sure all the study guides are done. Uh. He's been in youth ministry for a long long time and then got into men's ministry. Still goes out and speaks for both men's ministry and and youth camps and all that.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: And great teacher, but he really really struggles with second hand embarrassment. He may have it worse than Speedy. It's a small community.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 7: And and those that have it. If you don't know, you just don't know. But those that know, you understand how we feel and you're you're in the you're in the community with us, and and Andy and I, uh, you know, we don't. It's kind of like with Greg, you know, he claims some of his awareness.
Speaker 4: It's a curse.
Speaker 7: You know, it's not fun having it. But please don't think that we enjoy it. You can enjoy a lot of things live shows, people to come, getting up, making speeches, awkward moments. I don't know what that's like to enjoy that, Andy, I don't because I get nervous form. Suddenly you morph your s into you're that person and you feel the way they either should feel or are feeling, but you're not. I could be at a show on the fourth row with my wife just sitting there, nobody's not thinking of me, and somebody's on stage struggling, and I feel like I'm them, and you know, it's just the darnest thing.
Speaker 1: And there he'll he'll even do things like he ranks them, and he says any he said, improvtu singing is a level five. He says, like at a family sumption, a funeral church. Yes, he said, those are all level five. He said, national anthems are level five.
Speaker 7: Yeah, performed and so you have you have different different I guess areas of this. You have performances like Rick just said, and then you have over in another category, awkward moments, you know, like which may be my favorite? Yeah, you like like social awkwardness like today today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like I'm putting those are put in a handle.
Speaker 7: And you see a situation breaking out in a grocery store, in a parking lot and wherever, and at a church, and y'all both lean in and go, I see I want to leave the room.
Speaker 4: So anyway, and you had a moment jokes that go bad?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all thatstanding misunderstanding.
Speaker 7: Oh yes, misunderstanding understanding when someone.
Speaker 1: Is completely wrong as to some type of conflict. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like the Threes company, the sitcom, they would always they would overhear something.
Speaker 4: One would think one thing and it's not what's happening.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 1: I meant to bring this up to y'all, and I didn't know what to do. I really didn't. You talk about a social situation that it's not really in this category, but you're just reminded me of it, of a of a what should I do? And all right, So this happened at one of the airports over the last wherever I've been in the last several days. So there is you know, women will in too when they're gonna fly because it is so miserable. Sometimes women will go just comfort, Okay, I do. I try to be in as comfortable clothing as possible because of the misery you're about to be in. And these were these were yoga type pants. But yet that that you were wearing. No, no, no, I didn't. No, no, I did wear those on the other leg when I this one. No, but this woman and she had a couple of kids with her. She was traveling God lover she was, she was not, she was not lean seeing a few of those and so there was you know, those those were struggling those tights that that bag was full, Okay I was. I was asked since I was in Texas by the person it was these two people less Bradford to you've heard this week and Andy Blanks because I want to make him uncomfortable. Guys, what do I do in this situation? And they were asked, is are you facing something as big as the state of Texas where you are? And I said no, but easily Montana and uh and so and this is gonna bother you. I think speedy. I guess I've missed like this. This might bother you. So she's dealing with her kids, and she's bending over. And you know when people are sitting at their point, they'll just bend over and put their in right in your face. And and so she's bending over dealing with something. And I realized, you can't help it that her pants are torn in the back. Oh no, she's got a hold in the saying bothers.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And and unfortunately she decided to wear I guess big girl thoone and and and she not know that the back had a hole in it. And it had a hole in it. About about this, I'm doing the the size of a nickel, about a nickel. And and I and I was texting. I said, do I say something?
Speaker 4: No, No, you don't say that.
Speaker 1: No, Well, what you want if you had a hole in your pants that everybody could see, you.
Speaker 5: Know, if that's your role in this situation, let me tell you what you do.
Speaker 1: Why would you really think that, Well, maybe she could go in the bathroom and put another pair of pants on her something. What you get it her bag? Rick? What you do is you withdraw and sit back and watch other people as they notice it. That's funny.
Speaker 7: And I say me, you get up and you leave, and as like you got to go to the bathroom, but you really don't, so that would bother you. Yeah, you just leave the area.
Speaker 1: I dropped back into it, you know. Oh, fall back position, Greg, you go back and cover three. Yeah, and I'm just watching. Okay, I got the deep third.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Colly, it's tough.
Speaker 1: So I didn't say anything. And and I just think about how many people for the rest of that trip, a lot of people had to deal with her, So nobody thinks I should have said something. Now you say, ma'am, you have a hole in your pants.
Speaker 4: No, you wouldn't do that.
Speaker 7: That have to come from her husband, somebody traveling with her husband, not a stranger, Not a male telling a female how you got a hole in your What if I told you I'm.
Speaker 1: Looking at your buddy you have a hole in it, couldn't help me.
Speaker 4: We'd just show.
Speaker 1: Let me take a moment to talk to all you out there that are trying to look out for dad coming up this weekend. Hey wives, Hey children, Father's days here. If you're still scrambling for a gift. Don't worry, We'll okay, listen, we got you. Forget the last minute grill, gadget or coffee mug. Dad prefers to buy those for himself because he likes it the way he likes it. What your husband and your dad really wants is something that speaks to who he is and a world that seems to just continue to run down masculinity, traditional values in fatherhood needs a place that still has his back, and that's Blaze TV. That's where they come in. It's where unapologetic conservative voices call out that nonsense and stand up for what's right faith, family, freedom. Right now, you can grab the Father's Day special thirty dollars off an annual subscription when you use the code Dad Dad thirty this week only. It's fast, it's easy, you don't have to wrap. It actually mean something. So if you still giftless, this is your moment to win Father's Day. Think of it as peace of mind. Think of it as firepower for his convictions. So skip the predictable gifts that Dad has to put on a fake face about this Father's Day. Give him something that actually matters. Go to BlazeTV dot com slash Rick and use our code Dad thirty to grab the deal and remind him that he's not alone. So sad, sad, sad, sad. Story hate when there's something sad. But I know that as you're starting your day to day you'll see it. Apparently just while the show is, you know, in real time, we've had a commercial plane crash involving a plane leaving India, Was that right?
Speaker 7: Yeah, London bound plane Boeing seven eighty seven Boeing again about five minutes after the reports are that coming out of India, about five minutes after takeoff. It went down in a residential area. They're seeing at least two hundred and forty four on board.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, there's footage you can see. It's just not flying right.
Speaker 6: It's just low, low, low over a residential area.
Speaker 1: And some made your failure there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yep, Wills, you see.
Speaker 5: The wheels are, wheels are down. He's trying to go up. He's trying to point it up.
Speaker 6: But it is not going He or she I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there is man yeah, and uh you know Boweing. They're just they're they're p their pr right now. It just didn't very good and so so there we go. And so that's just breaking news right now. So yeah, so you're going to you're gonna have that in breaking us today. Sad, sad. You hate to even report that, but I know a lot of you probably are going to start reaching out asking if we can, if we've seen it or not. So so thank you for updating this and we do have that story.
Speaker 6: Uh, and we're getting footage of everything now because everybody has a phone in here.
Speaker 1: Oh you're right. Yeah.
Speaker 6: See here there's the tail section of the plane hanging off the edge of a building and the crowd below is just standing around with their phones up in there because they can't believe it.
Speaker 5: There's a plane hanging off them.
Speaker 1: Good grief, man.
Speaker 6: So it's a big old wheel. I mean, you forget how big it is. So you see it, a person next to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and as all of you pointed out there, it is even you know, after the tragedy, that piece of the plane that was still intact. You can see that the landing gear never came up, right, Yeah.
Speaker 7: Right, right, So so it's almost I don't know, I don't know, it's almost like he was or she with the landing gear still down where theyre going.
Speaker 4: Hey, let's try to land back down. We can't. We can't get up in the air.
Speaker 7: I don't know, and that's sad.
Speaker 6: It is, but two hundred and forty two passengers were on board. It is a y'all might have already said this A seven eighty seven. Yes, that's a that's your big boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, you know, if you're doing international, you know you're not going to see small planes. Yeah, I mean, that's that's that's always gonna be a big plane because of the distance and the room needed for the you know, for people to fly that long. Oh yeah, So so just just hate it. And I just hate hate when those stories come in. But but there we go. So other other things that are going on today that are much lighter. I walked to the studio today and when I come in, Speedy and Greg are informing me that Aaron Rodgers is already being a drama queen. And yep, the Steelers might be surprised. Yeah, yeah, this is not what I expected to hear. Aaron Rodgers says he's excited to start his new journey with the Pittsburgh Steelers, but he's already complaining. His complain ain't. He hates his helmet. You know, we just commented that he kind of wears almost I say throwback, not really, but yeah, a lot of the helmets have come a long way. He's not in one of the newer ones. He must prefer the old type.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looked like he had it in the picture I saw. Yeah, that evidently is not the one he wanted. Well, I think the problem is what we're going to find here. He got the face mask he wanted. He's still doing the old school chin strap, but the helmet itself is going to have to be whichever brand the team has to deal with. He says, I can't stand the helmet. He said, I'm no longer allowed to wear the is it shut sc Hutt model that he usually sport it throughout his career. He said, I wore that brand for twenty years, and now for some reason, the NFL has decided, okay not just the Steelers, that it didn't pass the safety standard. Okay, so they don't have the one. He's right, normally that's as close as they can get. The why feed back, I don't know same, So so anyway, Yeah, the.
Speaker 6: His helmet is his. His packers helmet is very smooth, like an egg.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the same with the Jets.
Speaker 6: And then this, uh, this Steelers helmet, it's got like fence and slits up top and.
Speaker 4: All that that.
Speaker 7: That would be a tough one of the mark because I mean, you want the latest in technology because of the safety features I'm sure they offer. But you know, I think as a as an NFL guy, you want that helmet feeling good and looking good and all that.
Speaker 1: Helmets have evolved, and the particular one he used to wear is no longer on that list.
Speaker 4: Yeah they yeah, they just continued it.
Speaker 1: Then, am I saying that brand?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Is it shut? Yeah? He wore the Air XP pro Q eleven l t D. Wow. When I was coaching in the league football, that's what all their helmets were so wearing little leg him. Yeah, I just kidding. They've always made Yeah, And he said in that and when he was still wearing it for the Jets only Joe Flacco, uh, Tom and more Stead and Nick Folk hadded on nobody else in them. But with that own, do you just not like the way it looks? Because if you own you, I mean you you you shouldn't didn't like a big difference.
Speaker 4: You didn't like it.
Speaker 6: Maybe the padding is in a different alignment in that alone, and after wearing a helmet, it's probably he's probably got padding, you know, trenches in his head from all where it pushes on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 6: By the way, there's these streamers that play video games for hours and hours and they wear these headsets because it's that you know, that's how you get talking here and all that stuff. When you're streaming and there's streamer head they're shaving their head and realizing they have a divot in the top of their head where their headphones.
Speaker 5: I think I think ours are. It's like our band is thicker.
Speaker 6: Some of these gaming headsets are kind of trying to be cool and fancy, and it's a thin band on top and they've got a trench on the top of their head.
Speaker 1: Sot. By the way, his new wife still remains a mystery. They say, you still won't tell them aout who she is. And their city also wants the old helmet she does. Yeah, so he said. The NFL says safety's the top priority, and the new helmet technology gets developed, older models are becoming obsolete. You can't wear it, so they said, he's going to have to just get acclimated to the new year. Bottom of the hour, we'll be back. This is the Rick Burgess Show. Lots to discuss. Yesterday's Wednesday Bible study archive is now available if you missed it yesterday Joke chapter seventeen. I think that's available today on our YouTube channel and our podcast channel. Of course it was out, you know, about an hour after we were done. But if you didn't catch it, uh, just a little reminder for you today. Okay, So look, we've we've been clear, and yeah, you have to watch the Burgess Brothers because sometimes if we're negative on something, we'll forget and be negative about it, even when you're talking about somebody's earthly death and that brings up Brian Wilson. Oh yeah, okay, we're all on record. I'm sorry you too that we're not all that crazy about the Beach Boy catalog. Okay. I appreciate what they did and they're extremely talented, but I'm just I just don't sit down and listen to them. I thought you weren't big on beach music.
Speaker 5: I'm not big on This is from you.
Speaker 1: And there it is. I didn't want to say it and you just said it. You want to go ahead and get a George straight line in.
Speaker 6: If if the song says something about toes in the sand that my toes better be in the sand, I'm probably not going to listen to it.
Speaker 1: What about and you listen to the Beach Boys when you're not at the beach? Well, I it's good in USA. It's good kid music, good kid music. Brian Gibson was considered to be a genius. Yeah he was. He's like one of the most.
Speaker 5: But it's up.
Speaker 1: He was out there.
Speaker 7: When did I never gave them enough?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 4: When did that documentary come out? We talked about it.
Speaker 1: Then there was a movie I watched like it was a series and you know his dad was a handle.
Speaker 7: This was the documentary about how how you know they had something going and then that that style was kind of dying down and they kind of revamped, you know how how I mean their music, the band, everything, and then they focus more on writing and talking.
Speaker 1: About the documentary on what many people believe in all genres of music as far as just genius. And you're speaking about the album pet sounds great. That's when Brian Wilson went off in the studio and created things, and he never came back.
Speaker 7: Remember he wouldn't tour too amazed how many songs they wrote, though, Yeah he was.
Speaker 1: He was the genius behind harmonies. They had great harmony. He was the driving for great harmonies. And hey, don't forget he was deaf in one ear because his old man slapped on it inside the head Beethoven. Can I can I jump into that for a minute, because guys, let's just think about it. It's the norm. There's a lot of super successful people who had really crap evil dads who drove them, but they drove them to success. Now they all ended up being mentally, you know, scarred by Michael. Yeah, they scarred their kids. But they do get their kids into very successful career.
Speaker 4: Yes they do.
Speaker 5: I mean kids do well very financially. They're not mentally, not mentally.
Speaker 1: Not spiritually, no matter of fact, it destroys their real life. But while they're professional, wow.
Speaker 5: The bank account for a while there looks great, right.
Speaker 1: They basically end up losing their minds extremely wealthy. Yeah, and that thing I saw, I say, I think I've seen the documentary in the movie or a series wherever it was. He just got so obsessed with everything being perfect. Yes, and he remember he wouldn't leave his house and yeah they wait on. Oh yeah, lay in the bed as a matter of fact to me, and he kept piping out them songs to me, just the look. I don't mean anything about music, but the look to me, Brian Wilson when everybody was very concerned about him, and Jim Morrison, when everybody was very concerned about him, they looked exactly the.
Speaker 4: Same Elvis a little bit.
Speaker 1: They put on all that weight, they grew very long beards. Yeah you know, you know, and so you could throw in there too, just without without the beard.
Speaker 5: Remember, boy was he swollen.
Speaker 1: Their dad sold their catalog for like five hundred thousand and ended up being worth oh so much. Well, just like you remember, I came back from when I went to see you know, my oldest son and migion dollar quartet. I mean, Sam Phillips sold Elvis to RCA because he was just in a buying for forty grand. I think RCIA got the better end of the Yeah, good now that was that was, you know, fifties forty grand. Yeah, I mean, but still right, that's amazing. But well a lot of songs, no lot I just don't like the beach world of them. Now do I like good vibrations.
Speaker 5: It's a great song. It is, it is serving us.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't it be nice? It's not too bad. No, I hate Cocobo. I would go get it. I would kill Cocobo. That was a that was late because it was to that Tom Cruise movie. I hate that song. I mean the worst one though, wreck in the.
Speaker 6: Downs, that's another kind of weird down.
Speaker 1: Brian wanted just to feel weird.
Speaker 4: Yes, I will say this.
Speaker 7: You know, there's a lot of artists that come out with their Christmas songs and they can't quite pull it off. And then there's some that it's like, okay, that's just part of part of your Christmas. You're gonna walk into somewhere At Beach Boys Christmas, they kind of pulled a lot of those songs off.
Speaker 5: Yes they did.
Speaker 4: They did.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, but good I'm sorry you walk into Rick looks like he smelled something back.
Speaker 4: I know, but it just is what it is.
Speaker 1: I meant about I forgot about. I'm not barbar.
Speaker 5: They slap the Beach Boys slapped.
Speaker 2: Don't like it?
Speaker 4: What's that mean? You just sang it like I mean you're smiling.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying, I'm not listening to Beach Boys Christmas music. Oh look the album cover. We're at the beach, but we have Santa hats on.
Speaker 4: No doing that, No, I.
Speaker 7: Said, I said, you walk into a store and there on in the in the in the house music, and just like that's just part of it.
Speaker 1: They're going to be in the rotation, textingation, reminding us if you look at the true history, Charles Manson helped them write some songs.
Speaker 5: There's a little bit of that.
Speaker 1: He's in there. It did happen. Him and Dennis hung out for a little bit. That probably not not you talk about being in this was the handle. Oh yeah, Dennis, of course, he was the coolest one there was by father. Could don't forget. He had a song he sang what I think it was a hit? It was and the women went nuts because it was only one that looked like, hey, maybe he could he could be fun. Yeah, the rest of them a little geeky. Yeah, he was hanging out with Charles Manson. Probably not a good, not good about an inner circle of friends. But Dennis was around it, but not a good, not a good not good at picking friends, and he drowned. I think in the ocean. Thanks Greg, Thank yeah, you're ok. You're right. I don't think Charles Man did anything to do with it. He drowned indirectly, Greg. Yeah, yeah, Greg, he was a surfer.
Speaker 5: Maybe he was thirty nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks Greg, That's how old I am. By the way he was singing bar there were there was foot of him singing from behind the kit that whatever hit that was in. Remember he also would go outfront and singing and they one of the other boys would sit that behind the kit. They could do it all right, was it?
Speaker 4: Greg?
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 5: Forever River song?
Speaker 4: I don't know love remember me?
Speaker 1: We don't know?
Speaker 6: I don't okay, Sorry, I'm sorry about Bob.
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: Good that all day?
Speaker 5: How about good vibration?
Speaker 4: This is just great song.
Speaker 1: Are we okay? Are we okay? With the two daughters that came out of the Beach Boys, Wilson Phillips, Actually only Wilson Phillips was from the Mama's in Napapas. How about this year on American Idol, her daughter tried out, made it to Hollywood. We didn't get past.
Speaker 5: That, okay, didn't know that about Wilson Phillips didn't know. I didn't know about the Beach Boys connection.
Speaker 1: To wils part is from Mama's in napapas well.
Speaker 5: Hold on for one more, Dad.
Speaker 1: You know why you didn't know that because you didn't like the Beach Boys, even though you're pretending to.
Speaker 6: Now, No, no, it's honestly it is good kid music. I wouldn't listen to it by myself. I'd listen to like some cool Pantera.
Speaker 1: I appreciate what they've done. I mean, of course, now now that they had no they had no issue. They had no issue with tampering with the memories. Oh no, no, especially especially the least talented cousin. Yeah, who's the lead singer?
Speaker 5: This one one was still alive. It Wilson Phillips music video. It's so bad. They're like on a mountain.
Speaker 1: Don't have the Phillips part right. It's a guy from the Mama's in the Pope. It's exactly right. Yeah, Oh wow, John something Phillips or something like that. Did you just call him?
Speaker 5: Papa did not know Wilson Phillips is a NEPO band.
Speaker 1: What does that even mean?
Speaker 5: Nepotism?
Speaker 4: Baby child?
Speaker 1: Kind of like the job here Oh, I got it.
Speaker 5: Nepotism.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, if you're like Tom Hanks, his son is a nepo kid or whatever, like that's a that's an internet term.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've heard of it and e po as a nepotism.
Speaker 1: What if they actually were really talented.
Speaker 5: Your parents are famous.
Speaker 6: It's it's hard to get get that neo label off of you if if you're if your parents are famous and you go into the same field.
Speaker 1: Well, here's what I've noticed with most of that, other than the Lakers, that's the only exception is that many times neo kid, many times the the parents get them the opportunity, but ultimately they survive, whether they're any good or not. Yeah, in the end, that's yeah, may get the early shot that Yeah, I talk about I talk about it all the time. I say, hey, with friends our family, I'll say I might can help get you an interview, but I can't get you the job. You're gonna have to be good enough to get the job.
Speaker 6: Eventually it catches up to you. Yeah, you might even get a couple of big roles. You've seen that, but then it's like, well they're not that good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So Brian Wilson Music icon. I don't. I don't dispute that brilliant in many ways, little off as is the norm, and of course overbearing father who scarred him. Music icon pretty pretty much the same thing you hear about every successful brothers or sisters group. There's always the overbearing parent that scars him for life. But they're radically success. But the results but in life that really Yeah, yeah he died. I said what we started all this was talking. I didn't realize that.
Speaker 5: I missed.
Speaker 1: It was the whole second. I didn't know that's why.
Speaker 5: We were I thought we were just talking about the beatle of the Beach Boys.
Speaker 1: Are the fact the fact, yeah he's dead, dead in eighty two, Yes he's.
Speaker 5: All that changes this entire conversation.
Speaker 1: You didn't know that was.
Speaker 5: You thought we were talking about the Beach Boys and in beach music.
Speaker 7: Now you're really going like did you were you concerned why we brought them up?
Speaker 6: If you talk about the most I mean we talked about We talk about random stuff all the time on this show.
Speaker 1: But the lead sentence was Brian Wilson, Dad at eighty two, I.
Speaker 6: Was googling something. Maybe thought I know I was working this sound. I was pulling the sound down.
Speaker 1: By the way, he's trying to make himself fit. By the way, this whole conversation had no when it comes to worship bands, Are you an EPO kid?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, absolutely, absolutely yes. And I've had to shed that reputation, you know, and you better do good. If your dad got you to game.
Speaker 1: But you tried to shed that reputation in ways, maybe that weren't a good idea. Well, that's true. It's okay. Your your parents are actually wonderful people. Be more like them.
Speaker 5: This is about that's true.
Speaker 6: It's about Brian Wilson being daddy' all didn't know that, but I brought the news.
Speaker 1: So by the way you have his beard. Boy, I'm excited about this. You know, I'm starting to get a little handier, well, starting to a little more handiwork around the house, and I want to talk to all of you that are hard working folks like me about brunt. Now, I'm gonna go ahead and tell you this. We've all been through this hunting, We've been through this working.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: You know, when you have work boots on, are doing a little work, you know wherever, and let's face it, they're not They're not very comfortable.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 1: You know sometimes you just struggle with with you know, blisters and you have to break them in. Well, not anymore. Uh, let me tell you they're Marin boots. These are lightweight, waterproof, slip, slip and oil resistant. Uh. Somehow with all these benefits, still very comfortable, like wearing you know, an old pair of you know, just your your sneakers. There's no break in time, no listeners. As I said that, the boots are built for real work and built the last over half a million people have made the switch and not surprised. And look, they don't just make a durable work boot, They've reinvented comfort for the hardest working folks out there. For a limited time, you get ten dollars off at brunt by its b r u NT by using the code Rick at checkout. So if you want to see this incredible array of working gear, go to brunt workgear dot com. You're gonna love this. Use the code Rick and you're all set even better. Brunt Lets you try all their products on the job, and all their products have free shipping. Now after the purchase, they're going to ask you where you heard about it. So support our show Okay, tell them we sent you. You're ready for God to get the best that you're gonna love this stuff brunt workwear dot com and you use the code Rick. And by the way, you're welcome. Thank you for your emails. If you want to be considered to be on the show, you got to put Hay Birge Hay Burge in there. And if you want to remain anonymous, make sure that, I mean, you can't tell me enough. This emailer has told me I'm gonna do one out of then I'll get to that one. I would like to remain anonymous. And this this person that means don't say their name. Oh they put that big and bold right there at the top. Okay, so that was easy for me to see.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I was trying to do a little better yesterday, Birge. I went to try a new gym, got my workout done, went to the locker room. I'm trying to do a little better. They have lockers with combination locks built in the locker. You set the code, then you close it like a hotel safe. I went to get a shower and was getting things out of the locker, and as I was taking the workout, clothes off and getting things for my shower. My elbow accidentally closed the locker and apparently twisted the lock, now changing the combination. Oh no, I put my combination in nothing. So there I am with nothing on but a pair of sandals close locked in. Oh my goodness, I have no way of contacting the front desk. Oh you're naked. I'm just stuck here naked. I had to wait for someone else to walk in. That was working out also, I just had to wait. And then there I stand, neked, and I awkwardly asked them if they could go to the front desk for me to get a key to open the locker. I think this is the definition of being in a bye I mean, you can't even have your clothes. He can't have nothing.
Speaker 4: That would be awful. I mean that would be awful to me.
Speaker 1: So his phone's in there. The rest of he needs to cover himself is in there. All his guide is him showers, So you don't get you you know that nasty fungus in a in a public shower. He's just standing there going with now because I can't walk out into the gym, say, I can't get my I gotta wait on it just a person, and think about that poor person. They didn't want to have a naked person talking to him. Yeah, say, I don't know, hey, before hey, before you saying thing. I know I'm naked, I'm not creepy. I can't get back in my locker. I know, just if you could help me, I can't walk out there right when that comes into Just for the person's sake, do you turn around, because it seems like usually the backside is less offensive than the front side. Talk over your shoulder to them. Man, I'm stuck here. You know you don't think you don't want to give him frontel.
Speaker 7: I think I got I think I got one leg up.
Speaker 4: I think I think I'm.
Speaker 1: Like one leg.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm on the bench like this.
Speaker 1: I'm like, Ah, he didn't have a towel or anything. Apparently not.
Speaker 7: You got to try to find a towel something, or maybe it was hanging in there, and he, just like you said, he accidentally hit it.
Speaker 4: Well, towls.
Speaker 1: I was taking work off, that's it. So he came out and they're now sweaty. I guess you could put them back on. I was taking workout clothes off and getting things for the shower.
Speaker 7: So I guess the tow we had got locked in the Yeah, you're right, though, I go to the little towel dispenser and grab about a foot of it.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this. Let's say everything's locked but the tiwe would you put the towel around yourself and walk out in the middle of the place.
Speaker 7: I would, I think, yeah, I think about it. I would like to have a little bit about Craig showing ye. I stick my head out and go, hello.
Speaker 5: Do you cover your face? Do you cover your body?
Speaker 6: Cause you could just walk out, cover your face, walk out and nobody knows.
Speaker 1: Is you sure?
Speaker 5: Who was it?
Speaker 1: We don't know right face was covered, we can identify. I mean, if you can get us a naked.
Speaker 5: Bit trip you did have a Roy Orbison tattoo, won't hurt her.
Speaker 1: From the from the dumbest criminals ever. Uh, this comes from Haybird hay Burge. Uh. I want you to look at this. They send me this post. Adler's got it from someone called Uh it looks like from Tim Smith. Okay, and uh and everybody sitting this around So multie camera was stolen, looking my game camera was stolen from our property in mount Olive walking their dogs on my proper for these people. They took the camera home, set it up in their bedroom. Easy. We have been getting tons of pictures because these idiots have no idea. Every picture they take is sent to my phone. If you know these people, I want my camera back and more or more problems with these bandits and their dogs. So they're getting on his property. Look, they steal his game camera and they don't realize and they're playing with it and they don't realize that everything they're taking is now going to his phone. He sees them multi mobile. Look yeah, so hey looking good, Hey looking good. Let me tell you something. If they keep using that in their bedroom, watch out. This guy is gonna have a case or being traumatized.
Speaker 4: Spaghett.
Speaker 1: Nobody wants to see mom and that's Getty Strapp. What do they do? Oh that's a dog. Now that's a dog. Now they're taking pictures looking night vision and they're walking these dogs own his property with no permission. They still his game camera. Don't realize every picture is going back to They've got you. I meant so if any of you know who these idiots are, uh, we need to get we need to get tim is uh his camera back?
Speaker 6: Yes, thank you multi Mobile for that info. Please look on the wall behind them. They have that saying that, like life is not about the amount of breasts we take, for the amount of moments to take our breath away.
Speaker 5: And I just love the fact that you can see that in their house.
Speaker 1: Well, I love the fact. I mean they have something like that. But I guess somewhere along the way they said, but stealing is cool.
Speaker 5: But let's do that.
Speaker 1: It's cool. Yeah, these cameras are not inexpensive.
Speaker 5: No, and y'all are too old to be fooling around that. Did I steal key chain?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: I was element you learned your lesson. I beat you to it, great because.
Speaker 1: I knew you were going to bring you a hang it.
Speaker 5: But my goodness, your lesson.
Speaker 4: I learned my lesson whole year.
Speaker 1: Hey bird, Hey Burge, I need clarification. On the left lane, I do not stay in the left lane. I was driving the left lane and was going five over the speed limit and was passing cars, but there was a small gap between the cars and was going and it was going faster and faster than the cars in the right lane. Then a car came up really fast behind me and quickly passed me in the right lane, cut in behind me, you know, to the right. He found a gap and cut me off getting back in the left lane, then put his arm out the window and motion for me to get over in the right lane. My question is, was I wrong since I was passing cars, I was going to get over after passing the slower cars.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: If you're still got momentum and you're passing cars and right now that everybody that you could get over behind is going slower than you, you're free to be out there. Yeah, you're passing. Yeah, keep rolling to it. Now once you get to the part where there's no more cars, get over. Speaking, was that you up on him?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: No, but I saw you do. I can understand this.
Speaker 7: I think if what what the way he described it is there in the right lane, there might have been a really big gap and he went ahead and stayed because because he is going to end up catching up. But instead he could have just like, would you like to see him just gap slide over for like five seconds and then come right back and then pass the guy on the right.
Speaker 1: Pay attention to your rearview mirror. Yeah, if somebody's going faster than you and you've got a gap, Get in the gap, get back out past it.
Speaker 7: If you don't technically, the guy probably was a little bit impatient, you know, and I have worked itself out, but I get what he's saying, because you never know why somebody's driving fast. They might have an emergency or something. That's what great things.
Speaker 1: As much as I want to be sympathetic to our to our listener, there, I could see myself being that other car if there's a large gap. It's you know, I wouldn't motion or anything like that, but you might. I might, but no, I only motion to the really slow people that are defiantly out. Yeah. Yeah, but I don't know. This is just one of those things where he said, I'm gonna stay out here to I get all the way pass the scare of cars. The guy behind you said, I don't like our pace. You had a chance to get on and let me buy. Then you can get back out and pass the rest of them. Right, And if the gap was big enough, he probably should have done that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, just because it don't take but a couple of seconds and you can get right back.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, we'll be back. We got more to do today, and then we'll keep you updated on the stories of the day still to come. We'll walk into the second hand embarrassment community and we'll get a story.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 1: I know it's gonna be a tough for Speedy. I think more of the Rick Burgess show coming up right after this.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Like, I have something on jac that I want to talk about so bad, but I can't.
Speaker 1: Oh no, so he's already given you you can't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it would be a little awkward.
Speaker 1: So I had somebody on the text Nation ask us about what scent of mando? Okay, okay, here's one that that I really like right here, And of course Adlie loves it because it's aluminum free seventy two hour odor control. This is just a deodorant I think I can reapply before seventy two saying it would work. So let's say, let me tell you what's right here. And this is the one that Greg raved about. So I started trying it. It's good. This is the scent mount Fuji.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got it.
Speaker 1: It can't beat Mount Food, Mountain Fuji and the now bourbon leather. Yeah, I know you'd like that. I like pro sport. Greg totally misunderstood the uh the bourbon. I was eaven it like a pop say, I don't want to bring this up. I don't because he's gonna think I'm ganging up on it. But I'm sorting the whole story, this thing that people. I'd never understood what they meant when they were saying speedy with his th hs, but I finally heard it. You did. Yeah, before the story he said they want to thank you. He said, I'd never heard it because I've been defending him, but I never heard it. But I actually just heard it from started that Yes, when he started about woman the email, he said, I said they want to thank you. Think I never understand he said thank. I thought it was thank you, thank you, thank thank. I never understand what they was. Think thank there must be every time. So it's like the.
Speaker 7: Because you're just playing, I'd like, you've never even noticed it.
Speaker 1: Thank Is that what's like? Swank? Thank thank thank thank.
Speaker 4: You, thank you?
Speaker 1: Okay, I missed saying I was getting zank you. I thought, think that's what I thought. So am I supposed to spit on everybody? Think I'm just saying everywhere? Good? Whether it's not that noticeable. But I'm just saying I can't we didn't know, we didn't know, we never heard people were talking.
Speaker 7: But you're not in on this. You've never heard it.
Speaker 1: I think you're cool.
Speaker 4: How long we've been together.
Speaker 1: I never heard it. I never I never heard it. Can't bring it up, and I never heard it till just now.
Speaker 5: I heard heard it. I heard it for years and years and years. But it's not a big deal. It's not a look I have.
Speaker 4: But I think you're not a friend.
Speaker 1: I thought we were workplaces.
Speaker 5: I think you're awesome. I think you're the best.
Speaker 1: Okay and special speech. Hey, I think they're woven together. I'm not saying you're gonna thankful this is here, great, thank you Coach Burgess, thank you Pop.
Speaker 5: See, this is it's not a big deal.
Speaker 4: He can ride with me because he can't say thank you.
Speaker 1: That didn't happen.
Speaker 4: That what you're gonna say?
Speaker 5: Sorry, this is the Rick Burgess show.
Speaker 1: This actually was included in in an email. L uh that you know Trump was at the Kennedy Center, Yeah last night? Was he was he going in to see Lai MIA's What was that? What was going on there? Because somebody mentioned somebody mentioned Lama's. What was going on with the kid Kennedy Center last I don't know it was a black tie. Then I just saw people asking him, like, what was his favorite Broadway play when he was in New York? What's the first one he remembers going to?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 1: Shockingly it was Cats? And then and then they asked the first lady. She said Phantom of the Opera. So I thought, well, why are they asking him about plays? And then somebody said something about La Millah's and I.
Speaker 7: Say, this is these are things that y'all don't pick up on. Yeah, having second hand, Yeah, okay, the first lady, right, she's not involved with the questions, so she has to stand there awkwardly that kind and see, we pick up on things like that. And then Trump goes into answers, which can kind of be long winded. And so now she's sitting there going, now what do I do? I mean, I'm just standing here, you know, shifting my weight from foot to foot, and I don't know what to do. Oh, but this was a great response, and I know you'll be proud of our president.
Speaker 1: Everybody said, Rick, I got so many emails about this. Rick you have to be proud of our president. And I thought we had gotten another trade deal done. I didn't know he had correctly used this phrase, yeah China about it almost have a deal with China. He just talked about that. But then he said, you know, they asked him about people who were boycotting and actors who were boycotting Trump and everything he's doing, and he will answer that question.
Speaker 4: So here we go.
Speaker 7: It is it's been reported that some actors maybe boycotting.
Speaker 9: I couldn't care less, honestly.
Speaker 4: It is all I do is run the country.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 9: The economic numbers you saw them today. They're setting records personally, eighty eight million dollars in tariffs in two months, far beyond what anybody expected. There's no inflation. People are happy, people are wealthy. The country is getting back to strength again. That's what I care about, and we're gonna have a safe country. We're not going to have what would have happened to do us? Says you remember, right, if I wasn't there, if I didn't act quickly on that, Los Angeles would be burning to the ground right now.
Speaker 1: Thanks, So he used couldn't care less perfectly, he did. He did so what do you think about less? Yeah, what about actors or the boy cott? You I couldn't care less. I care about the state of the country. He was talking and you hit one of one of them. They're talking about the tariffs. But I saw him saying, he said, you know, you're talking over one hundred and fifty countries, so it's not going to happen overnight. But he says, we everybody is wanting to make a deal, and we're and we we think we have a deal with China and we think we're good there. So if you're someone who's been watching the stock market, you know that if that news gets solidified, that that'll be that'll be good news for you. So so there we go. So so also some some other things that if you remember this this goes back to two thousand and seven three three b and if you remember, you know Biden, and I know some of it was because he lost control of himself as far as his cognitive skills. But politicians, you know, try to they hope that we won't remember things they've said in the past. So this whole thing now about current left us standing up for the sanctuary cities and people who are here illegally, even criminals, How dare us send them back? All of us, as we've said on the show, had been very confused by the waving of the Mexican flag by illegals. It doesn't make I don't even understand that, because I've always said, if they wanted their protests to be maybe embraced more, you wave the American flag saying I don't want to be sent back. I came here for a better life. Y'all are mean. But what you're doing is you're waving a flag that you that you fled from and you don't want to be sent back to. And that's very confusing to us, because then that makes us feel like burning Americ Yeah, and you're burning the American flag and you're waving the Mexican flag, but you left there and came here.
Speaker 4: M hm.
Speaker 5: I love Mexico. Don't send me there.
Speaker 1: Yeah much. I don't even know what that means. But so here's Biden on this topic of sanctuary cities. Who would have ever thought that politicians can be inconsistent? Here he is, in two thousand and seven being asked, if he were president, would he allow sanctuary cities to exist?
Speaker 11: Would you allow these cities to ignore the federal law regarding the reporting of illegal immigrants and in fact provide sanctuary to these immigrants.
Speaker 3: The reason that cities ignored the federal law is the fact that there is no funding at the federal level to provide for the kind of enforcement at the federal level you need. Pick up the New York Times a day. There's a city not far across the river from my state that imposed the similar sanctions, and what they found out is as a consequence of that, their city went in the dumps in, the dumpster stores started closing, everything started to happen, and they changed the policy. Part of the problem is you have to have a federal government that can enforce laws. This administration has been fundamentally derelict in not funding any of the requirements or you needed even enforce the existence.
Speaker 11: Senator Biden, yes or no? Would you allow the cities to ignore the federal law?
Speaker 1: No Ah. Well, by the way, look that was just two thousand and seven. Look how much together more together he was, and we were being told there was nothing wrong with him. Here's Bernie Sanders three A twenty fifteen. Bernie Sanders were getting even closer to twenty twenty five is now ten years ago. Bernie Sanders says that open borders is actually a right wing proposal. Huh, the leftists are not for open borders. So here here goes Bernie in twenty fifteen.
Speaker 12: In cop open that's a Coke Brothers proposal. The idea, of course, I mean that's a right wing proposal which says, essentially there is no United States.
Speaker 4: But anybody it would make use the global poor richer.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't it going.
Speaker 12: To make everybody in American port that you're doing away with with the concept of the nation state. And I don't think there's any country in the world which leaves in that. If you believe in a nation state, or in a country called the United States or UK, or then mark them any other country. You have an obligation, in my view, to do everything we can to help poor people. What right wing people in this country would love is an open border policy. Bring in all kinds of people who work for two or three dollars an hour. That would be great for them. I don't believe in that. I think we have to raise wages in this country. I think we have to do everything that we can to create the millions of jobs. You know what youth unemployment in the United States of America today. If you're a white kid, high school graduate thirty three percent, a Hispanic thirty six percent, African American fifty one percent, you think we should open the borders and bring in a lot of low wage workers. What do you think maybe we should try to get jobs for those kids. So I think, from a moral responsibility, we've got to do work with the rest of the industrialized world to address the problems of international poverty. But you don't do that by making people in this country even poorer.
Speaker 5: Is that a no?
Speaker 1: You sure it's not a good? Great?
Speaker 5: How wild is that? I? How wild is that?
Speaker 1: I thought? I just heard Bernie say, you can't have a country with wide open borders. You're not a sovereign country anymore. And all that does is hurt people in your own country because cheap labor pours in and it's immoral. Bernie Sanders ten years ago, Joe Biden, you know, eighteen years ago.
Speaker 6: And don't forget Bill Clinton deported eight hundred thousand people, George W. Bush two million, Barack Obama three million people, and in his first term Trump only deported about a million people.
Speaker 1: When we come back. Secondhand embarrassment takes the center stage, the very place it never wants to being in the real world, broadcasting from it back to you on various platforms, both live and archived. However, you're here, We're glad that you are here. Speedy, Greg Adler, all here, and we welcome to the show this hour one. Andy Blanks, Hey, Andy, Hello, happy to be here. Gus not well, well, not in this moment.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I mean there's there could have been.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's better circumstances to be to be dragged out for it.
Speaker 4: Right now, I'm willing to share my pain with you guys.
Speaker 1: No, so so those of you that may be new, because we are picking up new people all the time. And I would even say, based on what I've seen out there on the road, uh, Andy is uh with Ironhill Press, that is the publisher of all things Man Church, all of the devotionals, all of the curriculum, all published by iron Hill, and then individual resources as well. That's what I say in the form of devotions and but this was the first time that we stepped out on let's do a full link book, and we stepped out with with men Don't Run in the rain. We felt like we had a pretty good topic old Bill Burgess that so we figured that's pretty good content. Uh, and the the we were right, no surprise, really, we're a little surprised that it happened as quick as it's happening, and how quickly it's I think the surprise for me has been how quickly, you know, you see the the influence of the show, and you go, okay, well we got that. But but even outside how quickly it's got outside of those I don't want to use the word barriers, because with all the streaming stuff, we can even have the show anywhere now. But but it's gone beyond the norm. You know. You you start seeing at the beginning, there's Alabama, there's Florida, there's Tennessee, there's Georgia, there's Mississippi, you know, Missouri, and you're like, yeah, all that Indiana. But then all of a sudden, you start seeing Washington State, you tak California, New York, you know, and you're like, okay, New Hampshire and you're like, okay, so where's all that coming from? You know, And it's starting to kind of even pick up a life of its own and this was even before the pr from other sources other than us really has just started, right, you know, seven hundred Club just happened, but this was all happening before that. These you know, Art of Manliness, which wow, what a podcast. I love the conversation I got to have with Bred that one. You know, they're all you know, how do you make them unique on every platform when it's the same topic. But on that one we even got deeper into the life application and all that, and they've all been great, but so we have been blown away by the first thirty days of them. We are, We're at thirty days and it's been crazy. So thank you for everything that you've done. Thank you for was it twenty eighteen.
Speaker 2: Earlier in that twenty sixteen twenty started talking about.
Speaker 1: It twenty sixteen we started having a discussion about Men's Ministry and the struggles that I was having with Men's Ministry on the equipping part and trying to put together a strategy, and we decided that that was the first time that anyone had ever asked me to write anything, you know, the old Rick and Bubba books. We were in interviewed by ghostwriters and you were like, well, if we took a forty day devotional could you write twenty days?
Speaker 4: And did great?
Speaker 1: And you said you would write the other twenty and I said, well, I'll try, and we started that and that was the first ever forty day devotional called how to be a Man to Pursue a Christ under Masculinity. And since then it's been one resource after another. And now we've tried a full link the book.
Speaker 2: Well and listen up to two things. One, y'all's dad. What a legend of a man. I mean, so part of that is his content and the way he lived his life.
Speaker 4: What a great job you did?
Speaker 2: And I mean I get asked this question, and so we're going to put it to rest right here, right Did Rick write this book?
Speaker 1: I asked?
Speaker 2: And you know the answers. You know, Adler of course wrote it.
Speaker 1: And Rick, No, great job, great job, I knew it.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: I mean, Rick, you've written everything that we've ever done together. You've written, and you know, I've watched you grow. I've been in publishing for twenty three twenty four years. I've watched you grow as a writer. And so I think the timing of this book made sense because it's kind of on your journey too. I mean you started with a devotional that we did together, and then you know, you've got two devotional books you've done completely on your own that were excellent, and I think getting to this point with this book, it was like, now's the time for you to really step out.
Speaker 4: So I know you like to say that Sherry is the writer, and she is.
Speaker 2: What a gifted writer she is. Man, you, I mean you crushed this book. I mean I helped with commas and periods and all that, but I'm trying to get Greg and Speedy to write there their memoirs.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and think about you missing missed Adler. Think about when he finally writes his he says, let me too, it's like to be pummeled every day by these people. That's right. Yeah, And I'm going to write this on behalf all of you that stepped into places where all everybody ever does is give you a hard time. Yeah.
Speaker 5: The name of my book is going to be called the Whipping Boy.
Speaker 1: How about what you got today for you? But but but on this yeah, but on this topic. Adler actually can speak to this because when he first started working for for the the former company Rick and bubb incorporated. We were behaving the way that Greg and I behaved growing up, which we thought was super normal. And it was one Eddie Van Adler that had to announce to Greg and to me, this is not normal. This is not normal behavior. And he would say I was not. This is not what happened in our home. No, okay, you tell me.
Speaker 4: The Adler household was a little bit different than the Burden.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's funny. I can see Michael and Linda being just like coach Burd you know.
Speaker 4: What, you know what?
Speaker 1: And I'm not just saying this. Dad absolutely adored Michael and Linda Adler. Well, he every time he would come to church with me, he would just he loved him.
Speaker 5: That is very kind.
Speaker 1: Yeah and so yeah, yeah, what nothing. When he starts his book and to get it started, he's gonna thank everybody.
Speaker 4: Well, the problem Speedy's book is that we're a Christian publisher. Something of what we do. The profanity that's.
Speaker 2: We were saying, just bleep it out.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Sorry, that love blood. I thought we were together.
Speaker 2: I know they were, just I got drafted with your own panic.
Speaker 1: But no, it's because a lot of you don't know the conversation I've mentioned it in some other podcasts, but now Andy's actually here. We were meeting for lunch because you know, y'all know this. We do this every day for a living, every day for a living. And we even talked about this in the book, as Andy Andrews taught me to say, I always say, you know, I said in my book, but anyway about this, nobody cares what you did last year. So in our world, everybody says, hey, good show yesterday, and I do another one tomorrow, good show today. Now what are you doing tomorrow? Hey, good good, good good year? Now what are you and now? And in your world it is we have resources, and everybody who uses the resources, which were completely grateful for, there's a lot of them that use everything that is put out and they go, so, what's next? So we have to have these what's next meetings all the time, and it's never we're done there, y'all go, that's right, and you can let some of it sit for a while, but you got to keep, you know, put stuff out. And you and I were having the conversation what we thought was going to be a conversation about the next devotional and we had one in mind, and still do. We can always go back to that one and and I forget how it transitioned, but but I tell how did it transition?
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, we're talking about I'm trying to. I'm trying to. I help you out on the front end.
Speaker 2: That's kind of my role front end, and then at the end deciding versus brainstorming what we're going to talk abo.
Speaker 4: Then I'll come in the end and polish it up whatever.
Speaker 2: So we're talking about, hey, we need to start selecting these verses for this new devotional, this forty day diversional or thirty day whatever. And I can see in your face, you know how you talk to somebody and you can tell you're not there's something going on. Yeah, a little crease and you're right between your eyes and I'm like, something's going on here. He's not vibing with this. So I talk a little bit more, and you said, well, I'm gonna hold you right there. Maybe maybe what if we did something different? I said, you know, okay, And you pitched the idea for the men Don't Run the rain book, which we talked about before, and I said, you know, maybe now is that time. Maybe we'll see maybe we said, well, the issue is I'm already six chapters then, and then I was reminded once again with a sight to work with Rick.
Speaker 4: I'm like, okay, here we go.
Speaker 1: It's on.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well that was your intuition and listening to the Lord's leading, and I mean it turned out to be God, what a what a good decision.
Speaker 1: Well, it's uh, yeah, we've been I mean I wouldn't say, well, I guess I can say I'm not surprised that people enjoy Dad, as we're sharing him with everybody now who never got to be influenced by him. I am a little surprised how quickly and how fast it's being consumed. Yeah, so thanks for update on that, and we'll be back and we'll talk about what happened to Andy on the road right after this. Andy blanks our guest with Iron Hill Press. He of course is uh just one of one of my favorites. Uh. Of course a marine served our country with the Marines, And of course I don't say former. I learned that, thank you very much. A yes, it's a simplified yeah. So anyway, all right, Soreene. All right, so Andy, you struggle with secondhand embarrassment. I've seen I've seen things with you. I've seen I've seen some big ones.
Speaker 4: You've you've precipitate.
Speaker 2: I mean You's the problem with you all too, is that they send people to us, put us in the.
Speaker 1: He's pointing at rick ingreg You speak, of course of Ed the Bathroom Prophet.
Speaker 4: Gosh, I don't know how you still nearly so they think it's facing me a little bit. Oh they love it. Yes, it makes their day.
Speaker 2: They go find you and go, hey, I want you to do what you just did to me, Go do it to Speedy and Andy and it just.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they send people over on you.
Speaker 1: When Ed the Bathroom Prophet did his rap for me, I said, there's one man that needs to hear this bright and that is one Andy Blanks. He's standing over by the tree and he thinks everything's okay.
Speaker 2: Talked about this before, but that right there when Ed did the extended fifteen minute wrap as a as a white man, I don't know what to do when he's rapping to me, and so I kind of start dancing a little bit.
Speaker 4: I mean you find.
Speaker 2: Yourselfe yeah, I mean like it was one of the worst moments of my life.
Speaker 1: It almost bothered me and that's how it was.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 1: You always say you'll say the news to me if it gets back. You'll usually throw out.
Speaker 2: Core temperature arising, and you've talked about Hey, I'm a little sweaty right now thinking about Ed. Okay, it's a little heat heat under the under the arms.
Speaker 4: I'm not joking, I know.
Speaker 1: So you're on the road, you're speaking and tell us what happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I texted y'all two about this this weekend because things happen. And we are speaking at a youth camp. Wonderful youth camp. Been a great week, great, great time together. We're in a meeting with youth pastors kind of before the night session. So I'm with our worship leader for the week, actually a young guy and a young lady who are great, and we're done with this meeting, and so we're going to walk over to the chapel the sanctuary to get ready for the night.
Speaker 4: And so.
Speaker 2: I'm walking over and I actually they kind of get out in front of me. I stopped and talked to a huge, huge fan of the show, shout out to Serge. He was there and loves the Rick Burgers show. And so I actually get kind of talking to him, and and so I kind of lose these the worship leaders.
Speaker 4: They get ahead of me.
Speaker 2: So I walk in, walk in the sanctuary, and when you walk in the lobby, the green room.
Speaker 4: This is important. The green room is.
Speaker 2: Kind of a tight hallway down the you walk down this corridor, they don't have like a true green room, So we kind of converted the hallway to a green room.
Speaker 1: And those who don't know, green room just means a place where you go get snacks if you're the part of the whole, the whole prison favorite the camp that week, the favorite place where they hang out.
Speaker 7: If your wife has catering, that's my favorite.
Speaker 4: Yeah seven pound, Yeah, yeah, that's Rich picks.
Speaker 1: We do have that recipe. And Rich picks the green room cinnamon cake. We go ahead.
Speaker 4: It's Bey's favorite.
Speaker 2: So I walk in the lobby and I and I'm I'm heading down and taking a left to head down this tight passageway. And I see this woman is now talking to the two worship leaders that were with me in this meeting, and.
Speaker 4: And Speedy can relate to this.
Speaker 2: I see the conversation in my secondand embarrassment radar against the ping.
Speaker 4: I can tell my body posture placement. Yes you read all that you got you got? Yes, yes, I know into it. Oh well yeah, oh yeah yeah it reads opposite ru. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I can tell they're very close, you know, close talker. I can tell, so I and so what I do, what anybody in our situation will do. I begin to find a way to avoid this. Right in the Marines, we don't leave anybody behind. I will leave someone behind. I will leave you in an awkward situation to prevent social you will.
Speaker 4: Take a phone call like.
Speaker 2: Thinking yeah, yeahs trying to get away, but I can't.
Speaker 4: I mean, I have to go this way. So I even do I even do one of these. I'm trying to like.
Speaker 2: Duck my head and gonna see and Brett the worship leader, he knows.
Speaker 1: He grabs me.
Speaker 4: You need to.
Speaker 2: She wants to talk to And so I stepped next to them, and and and and she immediately and you know she's too close. Just sweet sweet woman, very nice, older lady. I need about of arm's length and she's within that.
Speaker 1: Is she is she to your decrease in your arms, she is, she is here, We're here.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's all right. Close.
Speaker 7: So if you needed readers to read something you would need readers to see her clearly.
Speaker 2: And sweet, very kind, because that's the issue, right, I mean, when we talk about things like this, I know I'm the problem.
Speaker 4: It's not the pert I me. It's me, right edge case.
Speaker 1: Maybe problem.
Speaker 2: But so she looks at me and Brett says, hey, Andy, she's got something she wants to tell you. Cue me up, and so she says hey. She says, hey, one thing I would like to do for you. Being a camp camp pastor this week preaching to us, I want to do something. I would like to give you a massage.
Speaker 4: I would like to give you a massage.
Speaker 1: If your buddies are good at this. They've told her how much.
Speaker 2: And this they have all been an elaborate setup. I mean what I mean, but I don't know how to convey this. But she wasn't insinuating like hey, like like next week, come to see.
Speaker 4: Me up now around she's like warming up for hand. I mean, she's you know, and she actually says where are you? Where are you? Where's your room? Like where are you?
Speaker 2: I want to do you spend a hard week? I want to give you massage? And I start cratering. I mean, I start folding in on myself.
Speaker 4: I'm trying. I'm a big guy. I'm trying to get smart.
Speaker 1: I can't go anywhere.
Speaker 4: I'm sweaty.
Speaker 2: I can I can feel the core temperature has risen, and so I I panic and my wife gets so upset with me because I don't exit gracefully right.
Speaker 4: I don't know how to extricate myself.
Speaker 2: I just go and so I literally just look at this woman. I go, we're late for a meeting. We have to go.
Speaker 1: Did you just walk off?
Speaker 4: Oh? You so I have to leave. So so that was round one.
Speaker 7: So you left her standing?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I just walked off. And the funny thing is in a dark hall? Is it lit? It's lid at this point this point, is there music going on? Activity?
Speaker 1: Before?
Speaker 4: We did have a meeting go to.
Speaker 7: So she when you left her, she didn't have anywhere to go.
Speaker 4: She just kind of just walks off. I guess I just bailed out. Pull the rip cord warming her.
Speaker 2: I'm out, she was warming it up, and so then, you know, then begins the joking. You know, we begin to joke about that, and bless the heart, I know she meant well, but I you know, we're having fun with it. I'm like, I mean Brett's like you think she's she has oil or lotion? I mean, which way we go with it?
Speaker 4: Like does she have a toiwel?
Speaker 2: And where joking? And you know, the female worship player, she was the most uncomfortable. She's like, I can't believe I said nine nine years this. She meant, well, but we're joking, having a good time. So we have our meeting.
Speaker 4: Service starts, and boy, what a service. I mean it is. The Lord moved.
Speaker 2: It was a powerful night. Worships incredible. We end up having like two times of response. I mean, like twenty kids come to Jesus for the first time. We have just spirit. The Lord broke out. It's incredible, It's wonderful. So I'm walking and stopped it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna come back. So you have been you know what this person represents. They've made that very clear. Oh yeah, and that is that they give massages to the speakers. She would like to like, that's her getting right here, right here in this place, over right here. Okay, and you you you successfully have escaped. Yes, you've done the service. Two hours have passed, two hours and watch the Lord move. Yeah, oh yeah, so you're on a spiritual high.
Speaker 4: Absolutely mountains.
Speaker 5: I've heard of laying hands on people.
Speaker 1: This is ridiculous. Yeah, when we come back, what happened next takes it to a whole new level. Stay close, and he suffers from secondhand embarrassment. He's here representing all of you who do Speedy does as well. Both of them probably some of the worst cases I've ever personally diagnosed or scene. So Andy's told us a story that he's speaking at a youth camp and has been approached by an older lady who says that she likes to serve as well and wants to take care of all working the camp, including the speaker and the teacher for the week, and what she would like to do for Andy is to give him a massage at least.
Speaker 4: Stressed that, wait, he's an older lady. How old? I'm terrible at this, but I mean maybe sixty, mid sixties. Maybe, Wow, maybe he's older.
Speaker 1: Thanks, I'm sixty.
Speaker 4: I know. Well, do you think older than you? Think close?
Speaker 1: Older than me?
Speaker 4: Maybe closer to seventy or closer to six. Gosh, I got to say sixty seven, she's closer. Yeah, sixty seven, let's.
Speaker 1: Go there would you be open to even a seventy maybe. Okay, so let me get a hol of shelberries. Okay, that's only ten years older than me. Okay, all right. So so now you you you've walked away because you you're terrible ever sitting away.
Speaker 4: Ye some time has been bothers.
Speaker 1: Your wife, she wish you would leave these situations a little smoother. You can't. It's almost like you're fleeing.
Speaker 4: That's it. That's it. You're running away. You're just getting out of the situation.
Speaker 1: You run. Yeah, you just run, all right. So now you've you think, okay, I've handled that. But here's the problem. And I don't want to get on you, but I'm just teaching. If you don't get a handle on this fleeing, you've never closed it.
Speaker 4: There's no closure.
Speaker 1: There's no closure when you flee. Okay. So, and I think we've learned that the hard way, haven't we, sir. So Anyway, so you you've preached, The Lord has moved, people have come forward, were watching you. People just say I'm now I repent and I'm devoting to Jesus. We refer to that as a mountaintop. You said you're coming off and there really is a coming down from being filled with the Holy Spirit, and what happened.
Speaker 4: I'm sweating.
Speaker 2: I mean, like it's been that kind of night, like I mean, we've we've been all over the stage. I mean, it's it's been.
Speaker 1: A big night and totally immersed in that moment too.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, when you're up there, when you're preaching, nothing else is going on, so you're in that moment, big night, you know. And so I'm leaving. I'm coming off the stage. The worship band has done incredible job all week. They're firing it up. Big moment, So I walk off the stage. And again, the green room is not a room, the room with the sacks and drinks and all that for the band and everybody else.
Speaker 4: It's a hallway.
Speaker 2: And we know this from doing Man Church. The hallways right behind the stage. So you got to keep the lights off. I mean, you can't have lights spilling out on coming to the stage. So we got some pipe and drape up you know where I and you know how that is. You kind of step through the curtain and you can't kind of sometimes find your way. So I'm fighting back through the curtains and coming off the stage, I got my mic on, I'm starting to get my mic off, and I walk into this dark hallway, this green room, and I begin to go to the left, kind of towards where the food and the seats are, and I see somebody, a figure in the dark, and there's no one else around, guys like, I mean.
Speaker 4: It, it's just it's just me, right, because everybody's out watching what's happened in the room.
Speaker 2: And so I turn left and I begin to see this figure and I'm still kind of in the moment, so I start taking my and I look up and I realize.
Speaker 4: It's it's Massagy. I mean, she's there.
Speaker 2: She's there in the dark, and she's kind of kind of looking around, and I this is the moment where a speedy I said, I thought of you in this moment of duress, because a normal person might would have gone up to her and.
Speaker 4: Just said, you know, hey, how are you?
Speaker 2: You know, hey, hey, you know I'm gonna need a minute, or hey no, but I just panic, and so instead of walking towards her, I take a right, and I'm now walking.
Speaker 4: Towards an area where no one's been. It's off limits. There's roadcases. I mean I'm back behind your going to a dead end. I'm running, Yeah, I'm running, and you're running away from her.
Speaker 7: Yes, I'm fleeting, but you've acted like you don't see her.
Speaker 4: She she was.
Speaker 2: Her head was turning back to where we would have made contact. And that's when I made the decision I'm out, Okay, So I now pivot and I walk pretty rapidly towards it.
Speaker 4: And I have no destination, right, I'm just running.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just fight or fly in a dark hall in a dark hallway, the band's playing, and I get to the end of this little corridor, little tight, little fit, and I end up in what's.
Speaker 4: Basically like a utility classt.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've run out of I have run out of real estate. Nowhere to go therooms, yeah yeah, yeah, empty year cases. And I think to myself, I have two choices. I can walk back and deal with this like a normal human being, or I'm just going to hide here and I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: How long do you think you're gonna hide?
Speaker 4: Well, that's not a question, though.
Speaker 2: The question is just I have I have removed myself from the embarrassing situation.
Speaker 7: I miss Massagy, She's not coming to you.
Speaker 4: Know she's not. She is, she doesn't know where.
Speaker 1: You're too old nowhere, I am, she's too old.
Speaker 2: I'm sitting in this little room and I begin to text people for help. I begin to text uh, people who are in charge of this hostage. I am, and I say hey, Because I had made the guy who was in charge of camp, I'd made him aware of the previous request, I just say, hey, something happened to me a little earlier.
Speaker 4: You know, so he knew.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I said, hey, I'm I'm now trapped. I said, I'm the massage. The massage justice now back with me, and I can't leave. She's blocking you and he and I called out the S O S. But I mean, in that moment of extreme duress, I thought about you, and I thought speed.
Speaker 4: He's the only one who would understand the.
Speaker 7: Did you once say it is a marine, Yeah, you should have called for air support.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I feel like I called for fire. I was hiding out in the buck or whatever.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I want to get in the mind of the second hand bridge my person. Okay, so you don't really care about the awkward moment when somebody has to do what you can't do, and tell somebody this is off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let somebody else do that.
Speaker 1: I know, are you okay with that? Is it bother you think about that scenario?
Speaker 2: No, I'm so crippled by the by the syndrome. You know that at that point, I just I'm glad that somebody else is taking.
Speaker 1: Care of you know, you just want the problem off of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I mean I handle other problems in my life very effectively, but when it comes to that these moments, I just I'm done.
Speaker 1: I have nothing that you don't do well in socially awkward moments.
Speaker 2: You know, the problem is that the fifteen years of doing life with you is you create socially awkward moments for me. Oh, so that you observe you and less both. I mean, y'all just want to watch it.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: We are surrounded with buch people that don't have this.
Speaker 6: Some people just want to watch the world burn, and some people just want to watch the world.
Speaker 1: Burn and Andy. Unfortunately, that's why there was There's been some parents and they've been convincing us that their child can see the national anthem and they'd like to do it. And that's why I told them to come today and there we have them, and she's just as cute as she can be. She's about she's going to go and allow that she's gonna get.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I could send your faces to y'all. I think I would leave leaf.
Speaker 7: And he tried this one. Okay, I'm I'm with you, and I hate awkward situations. And I know where you were on the front end of this. You were thinking, I'll walk away and the problem will take care of herself. She'll realize, hey, that was a bad idea, and then afterwards there she is, and you want out of it. This one here, being his handler, he puts me in situations that he didn't want to deal with, and so I have to go tell them, Hey, I have to be that person. It says no, And I'm in an awkward situation and I hate every second of it.
Speaker 1: So what happened? Did did somebody get rid of her? What happened? Did she's massage anybody?
Speaker 4: Did she go away? She did?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 4: I think? I think I found out that there was somebody.
Speaker 1: Who Charity massage, who took.
Speaker 4: Her up on. I don't know the details.
Speaker 1: I know this person.
Speaker 4: You don't know this person because.
Speaker 1: I didn't shoulders that appreciate.
Speaker 2: Me, and I think, I mean we were talking because as we were kind of joking about it after the initial I noticed somebody was on staff was acting a little funny, you know, be a little quiet, and I was looking at him like this. And Brett, the worship player, picked up on two and he said, how was that massage?
Speaker 4: And the guy said, it wasn't bad.
Speaker 1: I know in this case has strong thumbs. In this case, she is the massage hands in feet of Jesus.
Speaker 4: She would like to be.
Speaker 1: But did you have to get an all clear like.
Speaker 4: Ring into her as we were leaving the camp?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: And she said, she said, hey, I never got the chance to do that for you, And I said, I know, and I said, thank you for offering.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, why did you.
Speaker 1: Stop it or did you even act like that? I know, I'm sorry, I miss.
Speaker 2: I'm normally that guy, you know, But I was worried that if I said it then she'd have been like.
Speaker 1: Got like the man. I still think. I just still don't think you've done. I don't think you're out of this.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not. If I see her again, it's it's still on the table.
Speaker 1: Right, you haven't stopped and just said, hey, just show you know I appreciate your gifts.
Speaker 4: We never had that moment.
Speaker 7: You still open, So you I gotta take Did somebody take a massage for you?
Speaker 4: Let's go back to that. Somebody said she's give a massage today. Just go and just go ahead with.
Speaker 1: Me, somebody the greater love. Then you take the massage for you.
Speaker 4: Brother, that's right, no massage left behind?
Speaker 1: Right right? You hit in a utility clauset. That's not a wake up call for you.
Speaker 2: No, I feel like I did well. I feel like I got myself out of situation. It's now filed in as a possible solution for future achro moment.
Speaker 1: Find a closet, the closet and nobody. You went in a closet and you text for help and it but it worked.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, you've done that.
Speaker 1: You can't say that. I sure have. It's a different situation. You remember that one, all right? Yeah, so you just can't say, hey, this is just not my thing, this is inappropriate.
Speaker 4: That's part of the syndrome. Baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't want to get out of this part of the syndrome.
Speaker 4: No, you want to get away. We want to get out of.
Speaker 1: It we come back. One last thing from Andy, a little something called mistaken Identity. We also another one that's that's not easy. We'll be right back. So we know that Larry quest is. It's something that there's a lot of anticipation for. We We actually had an emailer that they even sent us something that I think we have to and I think you agree with me speed that they're they're pretty accurate that we think that. You know, we do a lot of things on this show that are very tongue in cheek.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: And I've noticed that that sometimes people they don't get tongue in cheek. Have you noticed that, Oh yeah, there's a certain group. Yeah, they don't. Ever, they don't realize that what we just said that that the tongue was firmly in the cheek, and hey, man, you know what I mean. And and you're like, you did realize that you didn't realize that was a tongue in cheek coming, how did you think? Yeah? Oh no, you think you are man, it's tongue in cheek. Man, we're just joking around, lighting up Francis. But and then there's people that it's not that they don't know when we're kidding and when we're serious and they take what we're saying is like, hey, that's that's on sometimes. And they said they think Larry struggles from that a little bit. And maybe Carolyn, like when we were kidding around about going over there on Father's Day weekend, that was a joke and they thought they thought they thought we were coming. So we are going to go see them because we must and would We told him we would. What we're down to is this, if we send Speedy, Greg and Adler, that's that's a bigger undertaking and and and is it as funny as all of us Speedy Greg Rick back at Master Control and we do it completely Speedy adventured like we did with Vicky Quest back on the Rick and Bubba Show, Larry Quest and we send Speedy on his own and then he goes over, he spend spends the night, and then he gets up and we're in in Larry and Carolyn's house, live on the ear uh, and we're all getting Speedy to give us a tour of the patch collection and all that. Which one of those do you, as the audience, would find more hilarious. There's the they go over for a weekend because that's the way that's gonna work.
Speaker 4: Get there.
Speaker 1: They document it, We try to put it, we try to play it back. We maybe do some episode we put on the YouTube channel. We document the trip there, they document it there. Or do you like the Hey baby, its Speedy's on his way. He's going and he gets over there, and then Speedy's live from Larry and Carolyn's ext on the show.
Speaker 7: I have a few questions. Okay, yeah, go ahead, if if I go by myself, so I know I'm eating dinner, cannot wait. I understand she's a great cook, no doubt.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 7: And we have just a fabulous dinner. Yeah. And do I have to spend the night there in their house.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, that's not even up for debate.
Speaker 5: Oh, this couch looks comfortable. This couch looks comfortable here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've been there with the patches. You can look at the patches and you know, people count sheep count patches until you fall asleep.
Speaker 5: And that cattle share the couch with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that cattle tigger will come up at his tail right on your face.
Speaker 7: Can I ask another question? You know, I like I like to take showers. I mean, I like to feel free.
Speaker 1: You can't get in their show. Absolutely, he is getting in it. How can I mean? That's rude. What's he gonna do? Leave one ogn now? No, people don't do that. Their bounce flushes.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, what is wrong?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you are there now that if you eat a big meal, that's also a.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Guys, he had the Titans thing. You know, you never know?
Speaker 1: So I can't use their bathroom? Yes you can, you can and you will.
Speaker 5: Awkward you can?
Speaker 1: And how many bathrooms do you think they got? You think there's one? You get off by yourself because that's what I gotta do. Yeah, I'm like that anam has to walk off in the woods. I can't be around.
Speaker 4: Up.
Speaker 1: You ain't like a dog and bowls up in the front yard much activing around me. Tense.
Speaker 4: I can't get it. I can't go.
Speaker 1: So I don't. I hate speedy going by hisself, But people are I mean, I'm talking about for the travel because you.
Speaker 7: Say that when you return, I'm gonna I'm gonna pull think about it again.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna call you out.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna call you out on something because this is what you would say, is what I'm gonna say, oh, you don't care.
Speaker 4: You're just saying that you don't care.
Speaker 1: I really did, now, don't you When you return VICKI to go get her. You had people with you, right, and then everybody suddenly was busy. I have done you like that. I wouldn't.
Speaker 6: All right, So far on YouTube, they're saying, I say, send Speedy and Greg.
Speaker 1: Oh, so that's.
Speaker 6: Convenient for me, because that means I'm not going, let's see send Speedy only the rest of the guys would be overload, and it would be easier for Larry and Carolyn to overpower Speedy by himself.
Speaker 5: I added that far. I added that far.
Speaker 7: So here, so y'all are saying, I go over there, yep. It takes about five hours to get there, yep. And then I get there at dinner time. I have dinner with them.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 7: And I can't just hey man sell in the morning, go back to a hotel and then come back. I've got to sit around and.
Speaker 1: You gotta live in that house. You got to be among what's happening there. You got to use their shower, use their bed or couch, and use their bathroom. Yes.
Speaker 7: Oh, so I'm trying of worked this out in my mind. So there's a point where I go, hey, good night, and I'm going into their room, getting into their spare bedroom.
Speaker 1: Yes, of course a cat looking at me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then Larry's gonna walk through.
Speaker 6: He's like, I'm just going to get a midnight snack. Larry is in the chat, by the way, for anybody that doesn't know who are what we're talking about. Larry and Carolyn, very sweet couple that live in uh Dublin, Georgia. Larry collects patches and they're just fans of the show. That's that's all we're talking about. Larry is in our chat right now and he says I want all all of them to come. Oh, just Speedy and Greg to come, is what Larry says.
Speaker 1: What about.
Speaker 4: Adler?
Speaker 7: What about you let me borrow your van and I can sleep in the van.
Speaker 5: Nope, that's like taking the ring away from Gollum. So that's my press. It's that van is my precious, buddy.
Speaker 7: What about my shower, I'm gonna say, I'm gonna shower in there.
Speaker 1: Yes, what do you think? They don't you think what's weird about showering? It's just a shower.
Speaker 5: What if we drove there and drove back.
Speaker 1: That's weird though. All right, we'll be back. We'll take your phone calls shower.
Speaker 5: So just like twenty hours, this is the.
Speaker 4: Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: We go to you, America. Come on here, come on, here's the number you heard it from Ken Osborn eight eight eight six, big a vox lines are open. We go unscreen phone calls and we'll chat with you. You've heard what we were talking about. We've now put that out to you and we want to get your feedback. Some people are hollering, comrades do the whole show from there, and a lot of folks you're saying.
Speaker 7: What I'm hearing is, you know, treated almost like the seven hundred Love. They really want to meet you. You could just go and then we'll we'll do the show and you comrades in like you did seventy seven hundred club.
Speaker 5: That'd be great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me sell you prove you can do it. Yeah, are y'all familiar with the three letters d O A.
Speaker 4: Sha?
Speaker 1: What's that meanad on a rival? It ain't happening that. Don't even put that on the table. Rick, That just a little little small what I'm getting new?
Speaker 5: I mean, you're gonna do.
Speaker 1: He's got to stay back here safely and make sure everybody knows what's going on.
Speaker 4: Well, we can do that while you go.
Speaker 1: That's kind. I'll handle it my pillow dot com slash big box. Let me burdr show dot com under the sponsors button. Well you knew this was gonna bring Larry Larry Larry up. Do you want to hear Larry's feedback? Did you'd rather hear others first?
Speaker 7: This is this is the only thing is I to respect to them from doing what we need to do what we say we're going to do, and that is give them, give them some time.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 7: Carolyn, she's worried about making sure she's head uh and uh. And so that's the only reason why I kind of won't enclosure. So we can give him a date.
Speaker 1: And give him a date. Here's who's coming that, Well, that's that's why. Will you know speed, We've already talked about this, and then I won't dog sled shirts there?
Speaker 10: Yes, Karen, Chad, it doesn't matter who comes over. We have a bed, pleasant right of bed. Here.
Speaker 5: Here's caron.
Speaker 1: Carolyn, what's the sleep morning, what's the sleeping situation? How many folks.
Speaker 8: Okay, the sleeping situation from one person is a private room with the queen's eyes bed and a private bathroom with a soaker tub and shower.
Speaker 5: Came we all do it.
Speaker 8: It's fine. But if three come, one, one has got to sleep on the sofa, which is a queen size, fairly comfortable mattress.
Speaker 1: He's going to sleep in.
Speaker 4: Sweet.
Speaker 7: Part of the deal is we all have to sleep inside. You don't, you don't get to pass.
Speaker 8: Or if you don't want to sleep on the sofa bed, you can sleep in the same bed.
Speaker 1: That Look, that's what he wants to do. Listen the first time, Greg.
Speaker 10: That's it, Rick, Yes, we do what we would like. You have another grass photo about three of you.
Speaker 1: Well, we got so, Larr, here's what I'm wondering here. Let me just throw let me just throw this out here, Larr, Carolyn. Let's let's you know, we're broadcasting here from the real world. If we go with three or four, it's much more complicated and it's going to take longer to find the perfect uh scenario for everyone being able to go. If we just go stealth, If we just go stealth and we send one Calvin speedy Wilburn. That happens pretty quick. That's not near as complicated. So I'm just throwing that out there now if time it really isn't of the essence. There is no timeline on this. Uh. You know, we could fight, we could call uh, but you know it's you know, if all of us go over there, then there's gonna be a bit of a wrestling match for that one guest bedroom where the private bathroom. Yeah.
Speaker 10: The thing is, we would for all that you to come over that way. You often see the pole collection great well.
Speaker 1: And and let me tell you this, Larry, some of us have been kept awake at night because we haven't seen it yet.
Speaker 8: So that.
Speaker 4: Carolyn gets it, Larry does.
Speaker 1: I've realized Carolyn understands. Tongue in cheek, Larry doesn't right right, right.
Speaker 7: See, all Larry wants to do is Larry wants to make sure all of y'all say that everybody.
Speaker 4: Sets our eyes on those paths.
Speaker 5: I want to see a great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, go ahead, Larry.
Speaker 4: That's why you should.
Speaker 10: Cat one is in Cali. But it's right cal Let's cat Tiger, and Tiger is a taggy cat and he is a terrorist.
Speaker 1: Let's guys, this isn't winning me over. Was just telling him listen, like me, wake up.
Speaker 4: He's letting me you know, Carol.
Speaker 1: Rick loves to sleep with cat. No, I'm an anti kadok. I'm an anti kadok.
Speaker 4: Cat.
Speaker 1: I don't like cats.
Speaker 10: They make him Yes, Greg, Yeah, there is a Christmas tree in the bedroom.
Speaker 4: That's gonna be a camera in between him. Limbs just now looking at me, going.
Speaker 1: All right now the audience is trying to say, let's milk the most out of it, to go now, to go later, you guys, we don't have time to be driving over doublin.
Speaker 7: I mean, yeah, hey, it's a long trail fall, it's a long trail far so long? And what what is there? Is there a day that's best for y'all during the week? Is there things that y'all have to do?
Speaker 4: Or like, what's y'all?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 8: We're flexible, we're flexible.
Speaker 1: Did y'all ever see the movie The Book of Eli. No, No, that's concerning Okay, there's.
Speaker 5: A cannibal couple Rick in that movie.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, they're the sweetest couple.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Larry and Carolyn, you know that we're just having fun when we go Oh, they're probably cereal.
Speaker 4: You know we're kidding Ryan.
Speaker 10: Oh, I know that, we know that for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if y'all being crazy killers, I mean it's only like maybe sixty yeah, you know, I mean it's not that high.
Speaker 7: So we're watching video right now from Channel thirteen. So, uh, is that where I'll be sleeping?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 10: That that couch turn of it, that's.
Speaker 1: Right right, and those things sleep great. Did they have a shot at the bedroom anywhere on this Oh, here's the couch right here, that's the.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, Larry, I'm here, Yes, go ahead.
Speaker 10: But we would love to meet you and your wife.
Speaker 8: That's what I was.
Speaker 7: We were thinking you could just fly over there with Sherry and do the show and then we'll would you red Okay, we'll do that, Larry, I can't.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait to Sherry and I get some vacation time, because that's exactly where we want to go, and we'll we'll we'll we'll go like for a three day weekend. I'm just caring. I'm just laughing at interesting. The one thing that I do want to know before Speedy gets over there, don't you, Larry, you don't do you? I mean, because this is a concern. Like, let's say that somebody ends up on the couch. Okay, have you ever sat on the couch with no pants on?
Speaker 5: That girl?
Speaker 1: Laugh?
Speaker 4: Has it ever touched the I'm I'm panicking. I know what to do.
Speaker 1: I got me robed arms, Larry, did you say that from both of us? Larry? Did you do you smoke in the house, the Black and Mouth.
Speaker 5: House, so you'll be at home spreading.
Speaker 8: I would talk to him about that and pray for him about it.
Speaker 7: He's kind of hand shiny. Oh, I'm not gonna smell like smoke coming home like I've been clubbing.
Speaker 1: That's fine, Larry. I had planned on coming over that deal with I don't like that one. I planned on getting shared and coming over there for the fourth of July. But I'm actually gonna be m sing at the American Village. Their firework shows, so you work on ye?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Hey, straight up? Is the house. Let's just be we're being real right here you go? So is it really gonna like stop me up? Is it like heavy smoke smelling there?
Speaker 5: No, we're just talking.
Speaker 4: We're talking.
Speaker 8: He only smokes about to.
Speaker 5: A day day, Larry.
Speaker 4: It's not around the food.
Speaker 1: Larry, you got to stop smoking and you need to stop that, Larry.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you either do it outside.
Speaker 1: Oh now it's he just shifts.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what's up, Larr.
Speaker 10: Yes, we do have a parking spot for your van all picked out.
Speaker 8: Yeah, all right, tell you fifty times.
Speaker 1: Stop smoking those black and mids.
Speaker 7: Hey, I'll be in touch within the next day or so, and let y'all know exactly when we're coming.
Speaker 1: Hey, Rick, here from the all new Rick Burgess Show. Speedy, Greg Adler and I will gather right here again tomorrow. The vox seats will be full another Burgess ball battle, we break down the stories of the day, and we hope you'll join us on the Rick Burgers Show right here tomorrow. You just heard the Daily Best of The Rick Burgess Show. Catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube. And subscribers can watch the Daily Best of The Rick Burgers Show on Blaze TV.