Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. No Cowboys. This He's Talking Cowboys, screening live.
Speaker 3: From the Dallas Cowboys World Colors.
Speaker 2: At the Star in Frisco. Streaks second, Let's Got ten, takes twenty touchdown.
Speaker 4: And now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Nick Harris, John Mashoda, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 2: It's a Talking Tuesday edition of Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys. Live from the s WBC studios at the Star in Frisco. We have Isaiah Standback, Nick Harris, John Matchoda. I'm Kyle Yeomans. Glad you're with us here on this Tuesday. We are taking your text messages and your phone calls. Eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven is the phone line. That's eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven, and then the text line is eight one seven two nine zero three two nine eight.
Speaker 5: I say, was already feeling silly. He just started laughing for no reason. Maybe don't I don't even know what I'm laughing at.
Speaker 4: Kyle knows that I'm a very observant human.
Speaker 2: You're very observant.
Speaker 4: So yesterday you had a you had on the forty burger polo. Today he has on a forty burger polo.
Speaker 2: I put it on my chest because I say it with the chest. I actually when I when I was looking through my closet, which by the way, is an absolute wreck right now because we're still moving into the house and we don't have a washer or a dryer, so we've had to go to the laundromat.
Speaker 4: You know, there's one that does it all in one.
Speaker 2: I don't have that type of money, dude, What are.
Speaker 4: You talking about? You guys here that fans donate that to Kyle.
Speaker 2: Stop, No, not doing that either.
Speaker 1: They're donating stuff. I'll take one of these, a one.
Speaker 2: Actually, we get it installed tomorrow so it'll be much better and I can kind of organize this stuff. But all my Cowboys polos are in one spot right now and they're all just kind of like stuffed and folded and stuff. So I was taking off the polo off of the hangar and I saw this, and I was like, Oh, I was like, I've got to do it. Just based off of what you said yesterday about Nick Harris is polo, So I brought it.
Speaker 4: Are you a wire hanger guy? Plastic film?
Speaker 2: So I'm a I don't give a flip what the hanger is. I do not care. Give me something to hang it on and I'll hang it on there. My wife is the Felt. She loves the Felt one with the flat grip.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's what she likes.
Speaker 6: He said, flip. He's a little more PG today.
Speaker 2: I did get a text message yesterday. That's unfortunate. Isaiah's daughter who's watching We love you Sky. All right, let's talk about the Cowboys and the Jets coming up this week before we take the phone calls. Things changing a little bit. Huh, John, whenever you go back and you look at what happened last night, no more Aaron Rodgers and Achilles injury. We wish the best for his recovery, but partially a bummer. It is a bummer for the Cowboys because I wanted to see them go up against Aaron Rodgers and see see this defense tested against the best, and Aaron Rodgers has been one of the best throughout his career.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was very clear for the game. Michael Parsons did as well. Nobody even aske him about the Jets, and he offered up multiple times about wanting to face Aaron Rodgers next week. So yeah, that's not gonna happen, And yeah it's disappointing.
Speaker 1: And when I'm watching games like that.
Speaker 7: I'm always like, should I tweet this out right now because they're playing the Cowboys next? Am I going to point out that this looks like that he's definitely not going to play in this game. But at the same time, I'm just like, I kind of want to leave it alone because people are obviously pretty sensitive at the moment, and I don't want it to be look like I'm just looking.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, this is going to help the Cowboys, but obviously.
Speaker 7: A lot of other people don't care about that and post that stuff. So it's like, I mean, it is whatever, but it is when you see anybody having to get the card out, you know that's not great.
Speaker 1: And and I know this.
Speaker 7: Isn't a Aaron Rodgers, but I will say there was a part of me when we left the stadium Sunday night that I was like, oh, it looks like the Cowboys got out of here without any like notable injuries, which if you follow the other stadiums. Met life is very high on the list of ones that people are concerned about with the playing surface, and so I thought about that when I was leaving, and then I don't know that I can't sit there and say that injury was because of the surface or whatever, but it is one of those that I just know that there's been a lot of talk about that being and just the fact of the weather that the Cowboys played in Sunday night on that surface. To leave there without any notable injuries, I mean, that's that's a huge one out of itself. But yeah, I guess Zach Wilson's gonna have to be the guy for them, and it'll be interesting to see how they handle that because there's some, you know, some notable talent on that team that they're not in a rebuild. So if he's struggling, I find it hard to believe they're just going to stand pad and be like, well, we're just going to work with Zach through throughout the end of the season.
Speaker 5: So yeah, it's a really good team. We did it out right after the game last night, Aaron Rodgers or not, it's gonna be a really good team that comes into at and t on Sunday. But talking about the Rodgers injury, you could see it whenever his calf just ballooned. That's that's typically a telltale sign of you know, an achilles injury. So hoping he can recover, just because that team is so much fun and a lot of hype going into the year, and I think they probably would have had their way with Buffalo if he was if he was fully healthy last night. But you know what can Zach Wilson bring to the table? I think it's going to be They're gonna kind of have to rework a lot of things. You know that their playbook is not going to be the same. You know, he's going to be a more of a short to intermediate guy. They're going to try to, you know, get those methodical drives. The defense is gonna be on the field for a long time. They have a really established running game with Breeze Hall and Dalvin Cook. Both of those guys looked good at times last night, Breeze Hall especially. I think he was over one hundred yards on his first two carries. So that they're gonna have to come to play. I think the the run.
Speaker 6: Defense is going to be especially tested on Sunday.
Speaker 7: Garret Wilson's No Slouch Garret Wilson Show has shown that you don't need to.
Speaker 1: Throw to They got that guy, He'll be okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you felt the inn at least from the lead up of that game Monday Night Football Prime Time. It was at MetLife of course nine to eleven in the celebration pregame, but it was the buzz around Aaron Rodgers and what he was doing coming out of the tunnel and just the hope that he brought. That was going to be very similar to the buzz in the lead up of this game, just because the Bills are a very good opponent and the Jets are a very good team, and then the Cowboys doing what they did in Week one, Week two at AT and T Stadium was going to have a very similar buzz whether it was a three to twenty five game or not. That's what I was anticipating. That buzz may not be the same level, but it should be very close at least in the locker room, because you cannot let up against this Jets team. You saw it last night. They can find a way to win a game even without Rogers in the full.
Speaker 7: All of that is why I don't understand if you ever meet somebody that's a big sports fan who isn't superstitious, because.
Speaker 2: There just is.
Speaker 7: Whenever you think that you have it all, like just be calm about it, because it can easily just drop off so fast, Like I mean, how hype they were going in that season, all the build up like that. Like that's why I don't get into the whole like talking a lot of trash going in when you're I'm saying, a fan, when you're a player, you have an impact in the game and.
Speaker 1: Stuff like that.
Speaker 7: But I'm just very superstitious about anything like that. Honestly, it probably comes back. The best way to describe it is that Jerry Jones says all the time about, you know, working in the NFL, it's like holding two handfuls of jello, Like you think that you have it. As soon as you think that everything's cool, something happens like that, you know, and you just and to be honest, to go win a Super Bowl, you're gonna have to have a lot of things bounce your way to begin with. But yeah, how quickly it is something like second third series, It's like he's running out with the American flag. Everybody's pumped. Place is going crazy. A couple plays boom done, four plays in and just cameraman just turned into just panning too. The crowd, just getting crowd shots of upset Jets fans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, MRI, I converbs torn Achilles versus the Bills out for the season. You've torn your achilles, Isaiah. Want to get your input. What is that recovery process like for especially somebody that's turning forty in December like Aaron Rodgers and I've got I've got a way to relay this back to the boys. I'll ask that secondly, but let's start with just the Achilles injury as a generality.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it just sucks. So prayers up to Aaron Rodgers for sure. It's a bad mind space to be in. It just is you put so much work in to get yourself prepared and something like that that's not preventable. There's nothing that he could have done training wise, it could have been better. There's none of those things, right, It's just it's just happens. It happened to me, it happened to Bury Church. Yep. You know, it just it sucks. It sucks for them, you know, they built this entire year pretty much around him. You know, they have a lot writing on him this year. He bet on himself in a major way this year, and for something that you can't control to happen to you, that's it's the worst thing in the world. So now he has a I think it took me about seven months to get back from my achilles tear. It's it's it's a lot of hard work. It's a lot of hard work, man. You know, you start off from ground zero. They you go get your surgery. You're in a cash you're on crutches. Then you work your way off of that. You're in boot. You know, you're in a walking boot. Then you start learning how to move your toes again and how to flex your ankle. I mean it sucks, you know, it really sucks. You're as far removed from normalcy as possible. And now he has to just turn into a cheerleader for his team and probably hopefully try to provide some wisdom for that quarterback room.
Speaker 7: I mean, Kobe Bryant is probably one of the most athletic human beings that I've ever walked the earth, and I just looked it up to be I wanted to be accurate on this. He was thirty four when that happened to him, and now he still played some seasons after that, and I mean Hack's last game was incredible, But at forty Aaron Rodgers is definitely not that athletic.
Speaker 1: It's going to be it's.
Speaker 7: Gonna be a big, uphill climb to get back from that whole deal.
Speaker 4: I mean, the good thing is I know, for me specifically, I guess that's what I could speak to. I came back bigger, faster, stronger, Okay, Right, So if you have a dog mindset and you have the resources, which we obviously know he does for sure, you know, it really just comes down to does he want to come back? Right? And anything that I I do know about Aaron Rodgers, He's about as competitive as it gets. And he also looks for all forms of alternative medicine. So I'm sure he's gonna be up on the game in terms of trying to make sure that he has all the different treatment types possible to come back. I would. I would if I'm not a betting man, but if I was a bet money, he would probably come back from this sooner than most people would. So prayers up for him, but obviously it changes things a ton for the Cowboys. Now your entire game plan is I would assume it's different now for Dan Quinn because from my perspective, if I'm Dan Queen playing against Aaron Rodgers, I need to heat him up. I need to heat him up. Even though you're front for his absolute dogs, I still need to find a way to heat him up because I have to make him uncomfortable. When Aaron Rodgers is uncomfortable, you at least get him out of pocket, get him a little flustered. He could he may throw a couple up to you. Now, because Zach Wilson, I'm gonna sit back. I'm let my front four go eat. I'm gonna make this dude find a way to find a hole somewhere in my defense and see if he could be accurate, because his history says he can't.
Speaker 5: I'm shifting my focus to the running game one hundred per Those are the guys that'll beat the Cowboys on Sunday if they do. Curious during your Achilles recovery, how were darkness retreats for you?
Speaker 4: Did?
Speaker 6: Did they help at all?
Speaker 4: I didn't have any darkness, but I tell you I went to some dark places, man, I could tell you. I can tell you that it is. It's a bad place to be. So I hope that everybody is super empathetic to Aaron Rodgers. I know there's a lot of people who don't really care for him, and you know how, he's an individual. I respect the crap out of him for being an individual and being a self thinker. He doesn't go with the rest of the people. I'm that same type of person, so I have a lot of respect for him in that regard. So it's a tough place for him to be right now.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I just watching him for so long because I mean, he always owned the Lions and just seeing him as much as he played, I always thought, I always and I still do, think of Aaron Rodgers as wearing like the old school football helmet, wearing the shoulder pads that look like they're probably for a kicker, doesn't.
Speaker 1: I mean, he looks like the least pas added up.
Speaker 7: Player up until maybe and I'll tell you what, Brandon Cooks does not look like he was very much patting either. But it just to see him go down like that, just in my head, I was like, oh, No, he'll be back. He'll come back out there like they're probably just it's probably an ankle thing. They'll retape him up, like I'm just the only other time I can think of him going down like that was the Anthony bar hit, which that ended up leading to some rule changes because of that. But yeah, you just assume, oh no, no, he's gonna come out of that tent, he'll be back out there, or that it's going to be like a couple of week things or something like that.
Speaker 4: And then I knew it immediately. Yeah, I knew immediately. And I honestly, you know, people might say be a software. I wish they would stop showing the replay, honestly, just out of respect of him, because I can't even watch the replay without having flashbacks. And it doesn't hurt when it happens, It doesn't hurt. There's no pain. All the nerves are torn like, there's no pain at all. You didn't see him crying, Graymason. None.
Speaker 2: No, he stood right back up. He was in the huddle and then he had to sit back down.
Speaker 4: But you know why he sat back down. He sat back down because the reality set in for him as to what happened when I tore Mindes. I literally stopped in the middle of my route when I tore mine, and I just took my helmet off and threw it and was pissed. I knew I hadn't thot about Achilles, not one time before that, but that was in my contract year. Everything that I worked for was gone at that point in time, and not just the reality of what just happened set in and you literally just stare off into space. You hear noise around you, people talking to you, but you don't hear it, you know what I mean. You're just like so much is going through your mind, Like what's going on? Am I going to come back from this? How long is it going to take me to come back? Do I have another chance?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 4: What's everything looked like for me? Like his mind is going on thousand So when he was in that cart, when he was on the ground, when you laid back on the ground, I felt for him when he was on that cart, I've had that same look in my eye before. It was just like I'm physically here, but I'm not here.
Speaker 7: Yeah, to defend the TV people just a little bit. Okay, So when Kevin Durant had it happen. He's wearing shorts and you can see real quick how the impact it had on his achilles. It was kind of tough, like you had to really zoom in to see it, because I wanted to see a couple of replays because I was like, what is it? What didn't Yeah, because in regular speed, I was like, oh, he just rolled his ankle or something like that, you know, And so maybe that's why they were showing more of them.
Speaker 2: But I will say from a production standpoint, just being in trucks and doing that, that part of the TV copy is to provide viewership with the insight to what is happening in the game, and at least in this case, not in every case. I mean, if a star player goes down, you're going to show it. If one of the other guys goes down, Let's say John Stevens, for example, in the Seattle game, whenever he tore his achilles an unfortunate break for the Cowboys, we showed it one time and he really didn't get a good look out of it, and it was about it. But if it's Aaron Rodgers and it's the main storyline, that's the storyline not only for the game, but now for the entire Jets season, So it's going to be showed over and over. I agree with you, it's not ideal.
Speaker 4: It is just I mean, if it was a ball stick it out the leg, then they would exactly from his perspective, it's exact same.
Speaker 8: Yea.
Speaker 2: Now, how could this change things? And I said, I had a way to relate this back to the Cowboys other than the Week two matchup. Donovan Wilson is going through a calf injury and a calf recovery right now. Aaron Rodgers had a calf injury and a calf recovery and training camp as well that kept him out for some time through the preseason.
Speaker 1: That the same thing with Kevin Durant.
Speaker 2: Same thing with Youavin Durant. There's been notoriety around that before. Now Aaron Rodgers it was his right calf and it was the left achilles that ended up getting injured last. But it's it all kind of overstimulates and it kind of goes back and forth. Does that change anything from the training staff standpoint when you're looking and dealing with Donovan Wilson and his recovery Because we heard from Jerry Jones this morning. Some guys on the cusp of returning, does this tap the brakes a little bit?
Speaker 4: I think in reality yes. I think if you asked them they would say probably no. But I think, yeah, how can it not? How can it not when you have so many examples of people before you that have That's what wisdom is, right, being able to see something that that's taking place with somebody else and being able to digest that information and make any adjustments off of that to ensure that you don't run into those same pitfalls. So knowing that Aaron Rodgers had a cap string on his opposing legue, knowing that he didn't have many reps on it going into full speed, and I think the mindset is starting to change around the league. There's been a lot of injuries in this first week tons of preseason. Yeah, so I think the mindset is going to change for a lot of teams going to next preseason in terms of what guy, what it should look like, for guys who are starters, what should they play. I'm starting to think that people are starting to say yes, because the wear and tear, you can't expect me to go you know, seventy five eighty percent in practice, you know, call it that majority of time and then all of a sudden, all right, turn the lights one hundred binders pour you know it's not You're starting to see that's not realistic.
Speaker 7: I'd be pretty nervous though, if I'm just using him as Aaron Rodgers an example, because i mean just the start of the game, it did not look good in terms of him having any time back there. So I'm just thinking if you throw him out there for the preseason and this is a preseason game, that just happened, and it's going to be even more scrutiny of.
Speaker 1: Why was Aaron Rodgers even out there? He shouldn't have been out there behind this offensive line.
Speaker 4: You know, it's all the same to me, his preseason injury, first game. I mean, it doesn't matter, you know. I mean the end of the day, you'd losing a player.
Speaker 5: Yeah, talking about Donovan Wilson, you would have to think that they'd feel a lot more comfortable giving him.
Speaker 6: As much time as he needs.
Speaker 5: Though, after Sunday with Marquees spill and juan Ye Thomas, how they performed, even Blie Cooker picked up a couple of Donovan's typical typical responsibilities and did well with it. So if he's not ready for this week, man, let him show. But if he's ready, let's go. And that's what it sounds like. It sounds like he's ready to go. Yeah, but yeah, if he's not, like, shoot, give him that time.
Speaker 4: Would you give him extra week even if he said he's ready, if you determine.
Speaker 6: He was ready going on there?
Speaker 5: You know, I gotta understand the day to day if I can't speak on that, but if it's a situation where he's even like any hesitant whatsoever, yeah, give him that extra week.
Speaker 6: We got fit seventeen more weeks to play, probably.
Speaker 2: And we've talked about it on this show a number of times. But Brett Brown and amazing the entire training staff over there. They know what they're doing, and they're as good as say you will. They are as good as it gets. I think at that point you trust what they're doing and trust when they're throwing those guys out there.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we're taking your calls. It's a talking Tuesday eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven. If you don't want to give us a call, you want to shoot us a text message eight one seven two nine zero three two nine eight. We're talking about the Cowboys. Forty to Zering went over the Giants. We're going into week two against the Jets without Aaron Rodgers. Everything on the table. When we come back with more talking cowboys.
Speaker 9: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheatah Savannah. Todd believed the big cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 3: Five G requires compatable planning device. Five G may not be available in your areas. Att dot com slash BYG for you for details.
Speaker 10: Black Rifle Coffee Company serves premium coffee to people who love America. When you drink Black Rifle Coffee, you are directly supporting veterans, law enforcement, and first responders in your community. Black Rifles expert roasters love coffee almost as much as Texas loves football, so it makes sense that America's coffee partner with America's team. Go online at Black Riflecoffee dot com and fuel up with the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys. That's Black Riflecoffee dot Com. To fuel up today, Cowboys fans. After that move, We've just coined the term rowdy replay. Let's roll back the table.
Speaker 11: Okay, there's our mascot Rowdy cheering on the boys. And now he's on his phone on his Bank of America Mobile banking app.
Speaker 2: Staying on top of his finances with his virtual financial assistant Erica.
Speaker 11: Bank of America's digital tools are so impressive. Cowboys fans just can't stop banking. Learn more at Bank of America dot com. Slash can't stop Banking.
Speaker 2: Evericay, it's only available in the English language. Must download the latest version of the mobile banking app, only available on so White mobile message Dad rais maylie remember fbic.
Speaker 12: Welcome back into Dear Doctor, the show where I answer Life's questions with an ice cold can of doctor pepper. Sheila, let's hear from my next caller, would you, dear doctor.
Speaker 13: My friend supported me during a tough time. But what's the right gift that says thanks for being a soldier?
Speaker 2: To cry out?
Speaker 12: Okay, this one's easy, I say, give her a delicious Doctor Pepper. Nothing says thanks good better than one of a kind soda. Yes, any Doctor Pepper flavor will do. Now, just a reminder that I don't need to be a real doctor to know that Doctor Pepper is the one you deserve.
Speaker 10: Better.
Speaker 2: To the Talking Cowboys, Welcome back to Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys. This segment is brought to you by Invisi Line, the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys. Isaiah Nick John, myself, Kyle Yeomans. Let's go to the phone lines eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven. We've got Dano and Florida. Dano. You're on Talking Cowboys. How's it going good? How you guys doing doing great? What's on your mind?
Speaker 8: Great? A couple of statements and then a question, Uh, hey, I'm feeling a lot better about the offensive line. The way that a number seventy one, the guy we got from the Jets. Yes, I thought he played very well. I think Bath is a stud in the making. I think I think in a couple of years he's going to remind a lot of people of a young Zat Martin and and the kid Richardson. I like, you know, I thought he played well in the preseason. He showed some I thought some good feat so. And I thought our offensive line played really really well on Sunday against the you know, a stout giant defensive line. Uh So, I'm feeling like our all our old line is going to be okay. The second thing I wanted to mention is I think Mike McCarthy doesn't get enough credit for how he's changed the culture. I think he's really gotten into Jerry's ear big time. And I think you're seeing Mike McCarthy really asserting, you know, his professionalism, his his proficiency in the game. And and Jerry I think has given him an ear. And lastly, Rico, Rico dal that's what he played really well. I want to see you guys see him getting more carries. So that's it. I hope you guys are well.
Speaker 14: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I appreciate the call as always. And and dan O brings great talking points every time, and he's got a couple there. Let's start with the offensive line. I agree. I didn't think True Modoga did anything over the top, and Nick, you and I have talked about this a little bit. But he did his job. He came in and he filled the hole.
Speaker 4: TJ. Bass.
Speaker 2: I've always been very high on TJ. Bass. I don't know if I would compare him to a young Zach Martin just quite yet, but the possibility is there for the undrafted man out of Oregon.
Speaker 6: I'll compare TJ.
Speaker 5: Bass to a young Terrence Steele just because of their similar paths, how they've how they've been to be thrown into the fire early on. Not as much as Terrence Steele, but I mean he had reps in his very first game. I think we mentioned it yesterday, but whenever Chuma went down with I think it was an ipoke and he was just kind of tending to it.
Speaker 4: TJ.
Speaker 5: Bass was running onto the field before the trainers even running on into the field, so like he's ready to go.
Speaker 6: But yeah, Chuma meant he did his job. We were just talking about it before the show.
Speaker 2: He did his job.
Speaker 5: That's all you can ask for I'm really excited to see if he's going to be the reliable option moving forward, because it's not gonna be the last time in injury pops up, But is he.
Speaker 6: Going to be the reliable guy in game two, game three, whenever he needs to come in?
Speaker 2: And it was against a nice defensive front from the Giants. It's not like they were playing anybody that's under valued on that defensive front. They played a good defensive front from New York and they did it, did their job. Just going topic by topic, he talked about Mike McCarthy not getting enough credit in terms of building the culture. I'll start with John on this one, but I felt like we hit it yesterday that the culture is there. It has been built since he got there in twenty twenty. It's a complete turn around and it feels like they're this team has fun playing football. What you couldn't always say about the Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, I don't think that the previous head coach had a bad culture.
Speaker 2: I think that's not saying that all.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I know you're not, but.
Speaker 7: But it's tough, like well one there's I definitely don't think Mike Mike McCarthy gets enough credit, that's for sure, But when it comes to like the culture of the team and stuff like that, I think he's a big part of it. But I also think having there's a lot of key pieces player wise that are battle tests that have gone through it. Looking at like the two people behind you and Zach Martin and Dak Prescott, and I think there's a lot of key players on this roster that that help you, you know, be in that position as well to where you can really you have a lot of leadership within. You don't have to be this raw rock coach that's uh, that's doing a lot like you see in a lot of these behind the scenes with a lot of coaches. He doesn't have to do that here and he and he knows he doesn't, and to be honest, that's not really like him. That would be probably out of character. So I think him just being himself and just being a steadying force for them, I think that that's been huge. But there's so many things with Mike McCarthy that he does that I don't think he gets enough credit for. And when I see, you know, these top rankings of these coaches lists and stuff like that, and I feel like he gets glossed over because they think that Aaron Rodgers just handed him a super Bowl or something, and that's that's not the case.
Speaker 1: But no, he's been He's been huge for them for sure.
Speaker 7: And I think I could tie in Mike McCarthy with the offensive line question at the beginning.
Speaker 1: I think, you know, as long as you're gonna have.
Speaker 7: A few of those guys not go down because obviously there's gonna be issues and things like that. I think since he's been head coach, they've done a pretty good job when they've had to put in somebody else to try and kind of fit a game plan with that crew and not really leave anybody on an island. And I think that that really helped in this game as well. So yeah, I mean, I don't think the offensive line it's time to panic. I'm just where they are. You're just like if they were to suffer any type of significant injury, there's just not a lot behind it where you feel confident.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you think about Mike McCarthy, And then how did you feel Rico Dawdle played in Week one?
Speaker 4: Rico ran hard. Rico ran hard. I think he did well with the opportunities that were given to him. I like the utilization of all four guys in the backfield. I say all four because Turp was obviously a running back in this game. First touchdown he did, guess, I mean I saw that. I just got to throw that sprinkle. Huh, the one in there, I need to get a carry.
Speaker 6: It definitely did not touch the ball, but he had a couple of nice blocks.
Speaker 2: He did have a good block.
Speaker 4: He did have a good I'm looking at the right now in terms of the McCarthy credit, I mean, yeah, he's not looking for credit. No, he's not looking for credit.
Speaker 2: He's looking for one thing.
Speaker 4: He wants something that's shiny, and that's all he cares about. Anything else on that mission, not accomplished what you say.
Speaker 5: I want to touch on the doubt o part really quick, just because we were talking to off its coordinator Brian Schottenheimer yesterday and he was asked how much of the offensive playbook were they able to kind of keep inside because you know, they out to a big lead, didn't really have to open up the pass.
Speaker 6: Game that much. They went to their weather playing almost immediately. So how much is.
Speaker 5: Still you know in I guess in the book, and he had said that there's quite a bit like it worked out for him basically, And I started thinking about that, and I went back and watched the offense. So, Okay, what did they show ric o'dowdell and duce Vaughan having the same amount of carries? I mean, that's attributed to the game getting out to a really big lead, Deuce being able to come in and get those get those extra carries that who probably wouldn't have had. But is Rico Doubtle going to be more of that five six seven carry guy or the ten eleven twelve touch type guy. That That's something that I think is still unopened, which is very fascinating going into week two too, because Mike McCarthy has said a lot that the first four weeks everything is almost fifty five percent unscouted, and it gets down to maybe thirty five percent once you get into those latter weeks of the opening season. So are they going into week two with like an eighty five percent unscouted look, I mean that that would be huge.
Speaker 2: I would imagine, yeah, it would be. It would be tough to to have a game like that and be forty to nothing and still keep everything in. That's just how perfect it went for the Cowboys to kind of get to that point and say, Okay, we haven't actually shown a whole lot, but we still won by forty points in the opening week. All right, second caller, Nigel and Arizona. You're on Talking Cowboy. What's going on?
Speaker 4: Nigel?
Speaker 14: What's happening guys? Thanks for having me on. I got kind of some questions here. Maybe you guys can do some eating like Zeke used to, kind of a two part question. One, I haven't heard much on what's going on with Tyler Smith?
Speaker 15: Two?
Speaker 14: How would you compare the Giants old line versus the jets O line?
Speaker 11: And three?
Speaker 14: Ferguson you think it was the weather, the drops there or I didn't see much a shoemaker any think maybe we'll see more again?
Speaker 2: All right, what do you think about that? Appreciate the call, Nigel. Let's let's start with John. John talked about the I guess the early parts of that game. Well, how did you feel like that went for them?
Speaker 1: Are you talking about with the first question?
Speaker 7: Yeah, tight ends, I thought, I mean, there's obviously the drops that's going to stand out, you know, but there were definitely some plays in that game where I thought they're blocking was pretty impressive.
Speaker 1: But yeah, there were there were certainly some drops there, and I would.
Speaker 7: Say so when I watched the game, I think of one just being there and how awful the weather was, so you have to factor that in. But then the other thing is is kind of going back to Isaiah's point of not playing in the preseason when you don't really have any reps, I just think that you're I don't know, I think you're hoping for a lot that there's not going to be any miscues, drop passes, things like that when you're not really playing against another opponent for such a long period of time. And so, yeah, there were definitely four or five drops in that game, and you know, Hendershott had one that should have been a touchdown.
Speaker 1: Ferguson had a couple.
Speaker 7: In terms of Schoonmaker, yeah, I just think that he was a little bit behind because of the injury, but ultimately he'll get caught up. And I think they have, you know, three really good quality tight ends that they obviously feel really confident in putting them.
Speaker 1: In the game.
Speaker 7: It's not like they just threw them all out there. And you know, some of those packages late in the game when it was already in hand. I mean, they were doing it pretty early. So I would say with with them, I just they got to get the reps, and they will get the reps. I mean that's one of the parts of moving on from Dalton Schultz is it's, yeah, you don't have that established veteran, but you're also going to get work for some guys that you think can handle that role. And that the one thing you said about the Tyler Smith thing, there hasn't been We're gonna know a lot more this week. I mean, Jerry said on the radio this morning that you know, all those guys him, Donovan, Jordan Lewis are all close, but they'll know more going through this this week of practice. But I'm he was close last week, but why push it? And so I don't think he's far off. But the thing you battle with there though, is it just you know, kind of like the calf thing. It's like you put him back out there with the hamstring and all of a sudden he makes it worse. And then you factor in that Chumadoga looked okay, maybe buys you another week type thing. Maybe you know, you get him a chance to get a little bit healthier. But I don't think that as of today, Like if instead of us sitting here, it was you know, Britt, Mike McCarthy and Jerry, I don't think they would tell you definitively one way or the other.
Speaker 2: No, No, probably not.
Speaker 5: Still a lot of time. I wanted to talk on the Giants and the Jets offensive lines. The difference between those two. I think it is a similar approach. I mean just kind of looking from last night, it took the Jets a couple drives to really settle in. You know, not only with the drive that Rogers was out there, but you know, Zach was kind of having to move around for the first couple drives. I need to go back and really give it a full rewatch because I was at like Buffalo Wild Wings watching with like four people last night, so maybe not the best take, but I did see them quite a bit in the pres wings stop, Yeah, wingstop, it was wingstop, you're right. But the Jets offensive line the interior, I think there's gonna be some opportunities for Hankins and Mazie, those guys right there and then off the edge too. I think there's gonna be opportunities for this past rush nevertheless.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I mean you're looking at it just off of initial viewing. We haven't done our deep dive for film study yet, but that offensive line had trouble with the Bills front. The Bills front is different than the Dallas front and the fact that there's a couple guys on the defensive line, but it's a lot of really good linebackers that are able to fly to the ball. Dallas has good on both They have guys that can fly to the football on both levels of that. So, from a challenge standpoint, do you feel like the Jets are better, at least just on initial viewing, the Jets are better equipped to take down the Cowboys front seven or than the Giants were or vice versa. It's hard to say that anybody could have a worse outing than the Giants.
Speaker 4: I think the Giants have a better old line holistically than the Jets.
Speaker 2: That's scary for the Jets, Wil.
Speaker 7: I mean, that was the talk going in the season that how was Aaron Rodgers going to stay healthy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, they didn't have o line that they felt great about. And then obviously you saw that in the game. So yeah, I think that Dallas's defensive front should be relatively eager to play this game.
Speaker 5: From what I saw, Makai becked and settled in really nice as the game went on, So I guess he's back. That would be fun for them at least. I think that that could be a challenge for I guess that would be de Marcus Lawrence.
Speaker 7: I promise you the Giants are surprised, still to this day off of how dominant that Cowboys offensive line was against them. I mean, they've been invested some serious picks there there. They really tried to turn their thing around. So yeah, did they think it was going to be one of the best offensive lines immediately? No, But there's no way that they thought they would get manhandled the way that they did Week one like that. So I just feel like a lot of people probably watching that game think, well, the Giants probably have the worst offensive line in the league, and that's not the case at all. There's definitely way worse offensive lines. It just they played terribly and maybe it just the Cowboys defensive line.
Speaker 1: Is that loaded?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right, when we come back in our second or our final segment, we're going to go overseas. We've got Philipe in France on the line. We love our guy Philippe. We'll talk to him in a couple moments. The segment was brought to you by the Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan. We'll be back with more talking Cowboys.
Speaker 9: Right after this, Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheata Savannah. Todd believed the big cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. The good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 3: Five G requires compatible planning device. Five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com slash by G for you for details.
Speaker 10: Black Rifle Coffee Company serves premium coffee to people who love America. When you drink Black Rifle Coffee, you are directly supporting veterans, law enforcement, and first responders in your community. Black Rifles expert roasters love coffee almost as much as Texas loves football, so it makes sense that America's coffee partner with America's team.
Speaker 2: Go online at Black.
Speaker 10: Riflecoffee dot com and fuel up with the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: That's Black Riflecoffee dot Com. To fuel up today, Cowboys fans. After that move, We've just coined the term rowdy replay. Let's roll back the table.
Speaker 11: Okay, there's our mascot Rowdy cheering on the boys. And now he's on his phone on his Bank of America Mobile bank.
Speaker 2: You staying on top of his finances with his virtual financial assist in Erica.
Speaker 11: Bank of America's digital tools are so impressive. Cowboys fans just can't stop banking. Learn more at Bank of America dot com. Slash can't stop Banking Everica.
Speaker 2: It is only available in the English language. Must download the latest version of the mobile banking app. Only available on select mobile devices. Message in dat raigy apply number FBIC.
Speaker 12: Welcome back into Dear Doctor, the show where I answer Life's questions with an ice cold can of doctor Pepper.
Speaker 7: Sheila.
Speaker 12: Let's hear from my next caller, Would you, dear doctor.
Speaker 13: My friend supported me during a tough time. But what's the right gift that says thanks for being a soldier to cry out?
Speaker 12: Okay, this one's easy, I say, give her a delicious Doctor Pepper. Nothing says thanks good better than one of a kind soda. Yes, any Doctor Pepper flavor will do now, just to remind her that I don't need to be a real doctor to know that Doctor Pepper is the one you deserve.
Speaker 2: To Talking Cowboys, this portion and of Talking Cowboys is to you buy Quaker Oats, a super trusted super food. Quaker Oats, the official oatmeal sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company. Talking Cowboys, we've got Isaiah stand back, John Machoda, Nick Harris, Chris Beam in the back, and we've got on the phone line one of our favorites from across the pond, Philipe in France. Philip, you're on Talking Cowboys again for the first time this year. How's it going, Bud?
Speaker 15: I'm doing great?
Speaker 11: Are you?
Speaker 2: How are you doing doing great? What's on your mind?
Speaker 15: Okay? Happy first Happy Victoria Tuesday? And Nick and John, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you, thank you for that little bit of love.
Speaker 15: Yeah, let's Friday. Yes, you asked who will score the first touchdown for the Cowboys? Uh, Twitt eat Friday that the first Cowboys tod would be a pick six, but by Blend was it was just this again, you're one off.
Speaker 2: You're a one off.
Speaker 15: That was.
Speaker 2: That's that's impressive.
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah, I got My question is what what are your evaluations of Massie with the few opportunities he got on two? Uh so I think that's all. But uh two linemen flat on the back, So I think we got something there. Take care, bye bye, have a great day.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. I appreciate you as always calling from across the pond. Those international calls out up, you know how that goes.
Speaker 6: He made Isaiah cry, that's awesome.
Speaker 4: Made Yeah.
Speaker 2: What did you think about Massie Smith and his debut? Up and down rookie debut? I'll give my opinion on a second, what did you think?
Speaker 4: That's what I expected? This is what I expected. He's he's he's a he's a true Rocky and he's not a I don't care where he was drafted. I mean I know most people do. Right, He's playing a tough position and he has bad habits that he has to break that don't work in the NFL. So it's going to take some time for him to learn unlearn those bad habits and pick up some good ones. There's gonna be times where he's able to throw some guys out the club just because he is strong, and I think that's what he might be alluding to on that particular play where he threw him on his throw the guys on her back. But other than that, there were some times where he was vertical again, got turned again like he did in the preseason. So good and bad. You know, he'll he'll get his get his critiques, get his grades, and he'll he'll learn from it.
Speaker 5: I think we need to be reminded again of who Mazzy Smith was as a prospect. He was this guy that was coming in with all of these crazy traits and insane athleticism, you know, strength that's world class, and it was always going to take time from day one. It was going to take time to get him going. And it's you're not going to see that in your one. You're not going to see that in game one. But from what we can't expect from game one from him, I think I think he lived up to what we should expect. Yeah, you know, he showed his strength. He got pushed back a couple of times. But again, that's the learning curve for him. Honestly, you would hope to see that as the season goes on. You would hope to see that he gets as many learning opportunities as possible so that in year two, year three, or four he's able to learn from those he has that experience in his belt. I'm not taking anything I see from Mazzie Smith this year too seriously. I'm taking it all with a grain of salt. Yeah, just because I know that that learning curve is still happening. He's still in like second grade with dan Quinn right now, So I'm not worried about it.
Speaker 7: Man if Osa and Hankins can keep playing like they're playing and they can stay healthy, then Mazzie can kind of just work in when he does, and you don't put that whole like first round pressure on a guy like in a way, if you know you being like that John Michael Schmidt, they're expecting.
Speaker 1: You to come in at the Giants and just you have to ball now. We need to off the line is great. We need you to be really good immediately.
Speaker 2: By Jaalen Tolbert, last year wide receiver.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 4: Question for you guys, do you guys expect more this year out of Mazie or out a schoolmaker.
Speaker 6: Scooting?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: For me?
Speaker 7: For me it's Mazi, But but but I could see Schoonmaker just I guess with Mazi, my thing is that I do think he has a lot of the physical ability and things like that that if if he can clean some of that up, I could see.
Speaker 1: Him making an impact.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Maybe not the same way that Schoonmaker would, But I just because of Schoomaker coming in, you know, kind of being behind it with the with the injury, I just feel like he's that number three tight end and I guess he can get up to two. I just don't see him jumping Ferguson this year, but maybe he doesn't need to. Maybe if he's the number two tight end, that's a bigger impact than Mazi.
Speaker 2: But do you yeah, do you see Mazzi jumping Jonathan Hankins for the for the nose tackles bottom any point this year? I think it's more likely than Schoonmaker jumping Ferguson.
Speaker 4: But I agree with you.
Speaker 2: I think you're gonna see a rotation between those guys, and if Hankins especially plays the way that he did, I don't think you're going to see any movement up front there. It's not like Mazzie played a ton of snaps. He played seventeen snaps. He had a tackle, and he also had a hurry, so he was productive in the seventeen snaps. For a defensive tackle, that's about what you can ask for. He can ask for a couple stops, ask for a couple of pressures, and then maybe you force a fumble or you do something big there to create a turnover. He didn't do anything over the top, but it wasn't like he was necessarily poor in his first game. That's kind of my point is it's up and down. He's a rookie, let it, let it grow, let it build, and he's in a position that's not the flashiest as a rookie either. It's not like Michael Parson's coming off the edge and he's got thirteen sacks.
Speaker 7: Like.
Speaker 4: It's different.
Speaker 2: It's a little bit different, So maybe you can tap the brakes a couple times on Mazzie Smith and seeing him, I tweeted out the other day Cowboys win forty to nothing. Join us on postgame whatever. It was game night, and the first reply on there made me roll my eyes a little bit. I didn't see Mazi out there much. You just won forty to nothing, like enjoy it a little bit. Cowboys fans enjoy it. But that is just a little bit.
Speaker 1: That is a natural fan type thing.
Speaker 2: It totally do is I do it all? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I do, I do too.
Speaker 7: Uh. I thought Felipe was gonna say he had no IgG ben agny as the score first touchdown.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: I don't believe you. I don't believe you. Yeah, blame pick six's pretty good.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 2: It was very close. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: Going into our previews this week, of course, tomorrow will preview the Cowboys defense versus well the new look Jets offense, and then on Thursday we'll preview the Cowboys offense versus the Jets defense. What's one matchup you're looking forward to the most.
Speaker 4: In this week?
Speaker 2: Going going into this week two matchup with New York CD in sauce, Yeah, you think they'll match up against each other a little bit.
Speaker 4: I think they will get I mean, it's gonna be CD or be Cooks. It's gonna be one of those two. But I'm looking forward to CD. I think CD will be up for this challenge. I think he is that type of competitor. He likes to talk, like to have the snotty nose. Sometimes hot Sauce gives you a snotty nose. So I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think that's easy to me.
Speaker 7: That's if there's tiers like that, exactly, if there's tears to it. My number one at the top tier is is definitely Sauce Gardner against C d.
Speaker 14: Lamb.
Speaker 1: That will be against each other.
Speaker 7: But then since you said that, I'll go with whoever, whether it's Digs, Gilmour both, whoever is on Garrett Wilson, that'll be entertained too, But not as much as I think Sauce and CD. I just I think that would I mean, if I'm coaching the Jets, I would think that I'd want to put Sauce on CD as much as possible. I mean, I just look at if you can somehow neutralize him and potentially take him away. I think any team would love to be able to do that to this Cowboys offense because that's absolutely your number one option that you want to get the ball to with CD Lamb. I mean you just look at It's not like he had ten catches or anything. They came, but when he was touching the ball, I mean, it's big plays. Like if you can neutralize that that that would mean a lot more, I feel like, to the overall chances of winning the game.
Speaker 4: But Sauce didn't even have the three interceptions last night.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 2: What's it?
Speaker 7: Was it?
Speaker 2: Jordan Whitehead, the safety that had three picks for the for the Jets last night. He's coming for you, Trayvon. He's coming for that.
Speaker 4: Eleven center in his contract last night alone. Yeah, no doubt he did know he did two bonus Wow. Good for him for he had three in his contract that he had one night. Good for him.
Speaker 12: Him.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite matchup?
Speaker 5: Both of those two were definitely mine, But I'll pick a different one just just for fun. Whoever takes on the challenge of Breeze Hall, because not only did he look great in the running game last night, but when Zach Wilson came in, he was gonna have him and Dalvin Cook were having to take on some responsibilities in the receiving game. And you would be a fool to think that they're not going to try to integrate those running backs as much as they can in the receiving game with the way that defensive line is going to put pressure on them. So the running games, yes, but more specifically, how are they going to attack, you know, handling.
Speaker 6: Those guys in the receiving game.
Speaker 4: Who are you more afraid of a Breeze or.
Speaker 5: Dalvin after last night, Breeze? But before last night I would have told you Dalvin, But after the man, Breeze looked great. Less look you had to think before he got hurt last year, he was one of only two guys that had four hundred rushing yards and two under your stats guy four hundred rushing yards and two hundred receiving yards through this first seven weeks, him and McCaffrey. So like that, he's he's going to be a threat out of the backfield. I worry about him more out of the backfield than Dalvin, And I would have told you that yesterday too. But as far as running downhill and being physical, that's more Dalvin's bag. But that's a scary one two points year. That's a nasty one two punch.
Speaker 2: I'm interested to see how dmount Clark rebounds because in my initial film study, I didn't think to moan Clark. He didn't have to do a whole lot, but he didn't have his best game. I had one tackle, and I was curious, so I went to Pro Football Focus and looked at their grade. They had a thirty nine run grade run defense grade. For d'mont Clark. I think he's going to see a step up. He's better than that in terms of run defense. And he once again didn't have to do much, but in the times that he did, he didn't necessarily look great, uh playing against the run. So I'm excited to see him rebound before we get out of here.
Speaker 7: One other one real quick, Yeah, Quinnin Williams, just because of the fact that they're coming off of a team that you know, we had talked a lot about the defensive tackles over there, and they really didn't wreck the game like they possibly have the ability to for the Giants, and so Quentnin Williams another one for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so dub yeah, you dub q do qu versus that's about to say. I didn't think he went to Washington.
Speaker 4: Out of one hundred snaps, what's the what who wins the most? Zach Martin? Cute up, Zach Martin Martin? It's not even what is it is? Eighty twenty, It's it's like.
Speaker 2: Ninety five five. Yeah, Shannon Gross knocking on the glass five? Yeah? Uh, John, we didn't get a chance to give you our smelly stick Grab the helmet, man, Yeah, grab the helmet it Yeah, I grab it.
Speaker 4: So okay.
Speaker 2: Smelly stickers are like helmet stickers. Give us your player of the game yesterday. He can pick one, any any one of them, and you got to give us your player of the game. You have two days with the sticker, specifically from two days ago.
Speaker 5: I missed that part yesterday about tying it in with the sticker that you did an okay job.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just picked a random A great cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a great all right.
Speaker 1: You could have given me a heads up on this.
Speaker 2: Sorry, we just assumed you watched the show yesterday. That's what it was. I was definitely missed an airport just said what Nick missed the spot with the sticker. I mean like like tying it in.
Speaker 4: He was way off.
Speaker 2: He admitted it. Yeah, he'll be better next week.
Speaker 4: People was like, no, I'm doubling.
Speaker 2: Damn, I am doubling. Does too much work in the back for him to not tie it in with the grapes.
Speaker 6: Tough debut for the kid.
Speaker 7: I'm trying to think of which one of these need some help. I'm trying to think which one would would best fit Michaeh Parsons.
Speaker 2: Oh, Micah, you already had Mike. We already like you can do two for one.
Speaker 7: That's these are like to these are too happy for like defensive player.
Speaker 4: Tell them we have mic on there, we have dan Quinn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or you could tell me how you guys have have Micah dan Quinn?
Speaker 4: Uh the other ones osa osa osa and then Beam chose Dicks Dicks, so you got somebody else.
Speaker 1: Jeez.
Speaker 2: Thanks, We really did put we did put them on the spot here. This is terrible.
Speaker 7: I mean, well, you put me on the spot and then you take away like the most.
Speaker 4: All four of the guys there were seven sacks. We'll be better about this next five forced fumbles.
Speaker 5: M hm.
Speaker 6: Zach Martin had a ninety three great interception.
Speaker 7: And I'm I'm I get all that. I'm just a lot of this goes back to Micah for me on a lot of those sacks. Yeah, you put my seven guys on Michaeh Parsons.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: It does open things other things up.
Speaker 5: While you do think the Osa sack was it was Micah, it was You see Micah just taking two guys and pushing them out the club like it's.
Speaker 6: It's and then here comes around the corner.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Osa is about to get a payday and he's gonna have to give some of it to Micah.
Speaker 1: When I walked in here the package, I'm not supposed to open it.
Speaker 4: No you can't.
Speaker 1: No, I did not think. I just this doughnut looks good, So I'm just going with that.
Speaker 12: Sweet.
Speaker 7: I did not think when I was watching the game that Marquis Bell played as well as he did when I was watching it in the press box. But I was telling Nick when I got back here and got a chance to watch it over again, I could not believe how many times like he really he stood out. And I guess it also as the factor in is like your expectations, like I thought he would be able to play and make someone of an impact I did not think he would play on the level that he did week one, and that's probably probably also my fault, because when a guy's undrafted sometimes I'm like, yeah, what are you really going to expect from that?
Speaker 1: But I thought he was really impressive. So I'll give him. Who was the other ones that you gave him to?
Speaker 2: So we gave him the digs Parsons, Osa and dan Quinn and I've got one.
Speaker 1: I just thought it looked good.
Speaker 2: He's the icing on the doughnut of a sweet perform moments from the defense, Marquise Bell sprules it on top.
Speaker 7: That has maybe the best defense in the NFL. And I think that they're pretty nasty and there's nothing in here that symbolizes their defense.
Speaker 4: That hard candy.
Speaker 7: You might want to hard need to get some more. That's something that actually like some monsters and things like that. Maybe maybe maybe some animals that.
Speaker 4: Hard candy doesn't. Your grandma's little little about twenty.
Speaker 2: Seven years old, that looks like.
Speaker 1: That she gives you that she gives you at church.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna find some halloweens scratching bottom of the person. I'm gonna find some animals scratches, sniffs, from John Lions. Yeah, yeah, tons of lions. Lean on there, Leon, My online shopping account is going to be filled with smelly stickers here over the next week. Trying to get ready for next week. All right, when we come back tomorrow nine am Central Time, we'll be back at the regular time. Appreciate you sticking with us here for a lunchtime episode, but we will preview the Cowboys defense. Micah Parsons and the Doughnut on top. Marquise Bell getting things done against the New York Jets. Sack Wilson at quarterback for Isaiah stanback, John Matchoda, Nick Harris, Chris pave in the back. I'm Kyle Yeoman saying so long. We'll see you tomorrow with more Talking Cowboys. This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.