Speaker 1: This is he said a Yavi Ho with Eric Winter and Rosalind Santev.
Speaker 2: Okay, welcome to another episode of he said. Well this is he said, he said, or this is just he said. I guess I had he said, he said, Yester. Or last week, I should say, with Richard T. Jones, that was such a fun episode.
Speaker 1: I'm so thankful Richard for you being a part of that our podcast last week and jumping in for lunch with the rookies. Our new version are offshoot of he said. Adeo. Now it's just gonna be me. Roz is still gone. She's gonna be gone until end of August, directing her first movie, and she was acting in a movie as well with Wanda Sykes, and now she's in prep. So she is, I mean so busy. I've barely you know, I've spoken to her quite a bit. This is maybe one of the most challenging times that we've been a part of, where she's not only gone, but she's so busy and I've been so busy that our communication hasn't been the best. But we are. We are making it work, and we are telling ourselves we need to start, you know, communicating better, because it's tough when couples have to travel for long periods of time. I am telling you, in this business, it's any in any industry, it's not easy having that time of part. But we make it work. And like I said, Richard Fielding great last week, we'll get to more rookie guests on in the upcoming weeks. Thank you everybody for sending in so many great questions for me to talk about on this episode. I'd also like to start by talking a little bit about Palm Republic. You know, I've had such great support from everybody buying bottles, pre orders, et cetera, et cetera. Let me tell you, starting a business with great people around me, it's still when you're ever you're launching a company for the first time and first production runs. It has been so tricky, but thank you everybody for patiently waiting for your bottles. Everything has landed at our warehouse and everything's going to be shipping out for those early orders this week, So you will be getting your Palm Republic this week, and everybody else's orders will be up to speed now that we've had our big production run finally settled. It has been such a blast to see the fan support. I mean people doing amazing artwork about Palm Republic, sending in their favorite rum drink recipes that I've been putting up some of my social media. I appreciate you all so much and truly supporting this endeavor of mind has meant the world, so thank you. And we're going to be in market here in Florida. Everything's landing there as well. Our sales team is on the ground pushing it through everywhere there and like I said, some exciting placements in California too, so things are moving. Our merch is about to launch as well. It's also at the warehouse, so our merch is going to be on the website very soon. You can start getting hats, shirts, we have some cool swim trunks, are working on bracelets. There's some great stuff coming, so thank you everybody for that. I will also now jump into some questions. Let's see, let me tell you. Let me start talking about obviously a lot of questions that come in here about the Rookie, and I get asked off and it was my favorite moment on the Rookie and it is so hard to put that into one moment when you've been doing something for now what's going on? Seven seasons we have had. We have such a blast as a cast. I say this all the time. We truly all get along so well. We are going to be going to Comic Con in a couple of weeks. That's always a great time. Anytime we get together as a group, we have laughs. We have a lot of fun filming. I've had so many key moments as Bradford that people ask, you know, what's a specific one. Anytime Bradford gets great character development, I love it. I love playing it. I know a lot of people were extremely you know, upset when Tim and Lucy broke up, but even those things, as as an actor, being able to play moments like that is what makes it fun. You know a lot of people blur the lines between the acting side and the personal side of things. And I know that it's tough when you're so invested in the show. It hurts and it hits hard when your favorite couple's on a show break up. But I think when you look at this situation, it is fun to see this development play out because it's real life. You know, these two are working on themselves or Bradford in particular has a lot of baggage. So those are my favorite moments. I would say in general is when Bradford gets to dive into his past, we have to learn more about him, and I as an actor, get to explore more of what makes Tim Bradford Tim Bradford to tell you the truth. Back to the Rum, which is another question that just came in, was about when is it going to be sold internationally? Hopefully, you know soon. It's going to take some time for us to grow out internationally. We are, you know, obviously focused on initially expanding in the US, getting into Canada, and then we would like to also spread overseas and get there as well. But all that takes takes time. So it is a big goal of mine and something that I want to have happen for sure. You know, without a doubt it'll happen. It's just going to take take time and patience on my end and everybody else. You'll you'll get your Palm Republic, I promise you. Going back to Roz, I'm gonna jump all over with these questions because the questions are you know, I better to cover all aspects of my life here. But my first impression of Roz was how beautiful. She was. You know, I saw her at an event. We've talked about this many times, and I said, I'm just going to go hit on that girl. I'm very direct when I you know, i've seen someone in the past and I want to talk to somebody, I just go talk to him. No pickup lines, none of that. I just saw a beautiful girl and I said, you know what, she looks fun. I want to go talk to her, asked her if she if I could buy her drink. She doesn't drink, which is a story of our lives to this day. We're so opposite in many ways. So it made my you know, me making a move was an uphill battle. She was also in a relationship, so that was very challenging. But I really respected the way she handled that and I was shut down immediately and I was told there's no chance, and I respected that and totally let it be. And I didn't see her again for I think three months, four months before we ever interacted again, when she was on the outs in her relationship and I was still in touch with one of her friends, and that's how we reconnected months later. So when something's meant to be, it's meant to be, but you don't force it. You don't push it, which has always been something important to me. I would never force a situation Otherwise it's not a genuine situation. It's not real, it's not gonna last. And it was destiny. It was meant to be. You know how it played out. I had someone, you know, a couple people have asked about Sebby and tennis. It's funny. She played in her first tournament back this week and I was so well behaved. Let me tell you that. Well my week, I wasn't well behaved. Her and I got in a huge argument about work ethic and everything that comes with tennis, and I realized again I love my daughter more than I love this sport, and I need to let Sabella realize her potential on her own, or if she never realizes it, it's okay. She I truly not just as as her dad. But I know from the coaches how much potential she has. But for any young, you know, student athlete, myself was included in this. I you know, I probably could have been better than I was if I would have listened more and I would have taken you know, I'd been more coachable. But I was fairly coachable as a kid, but as a kid's going through all this change in life and becoming a teenager and everything that goes on, it is tough to get them to listen to their parents, especially when it comes to coaching. So I've realized I need to step back, let the coaches coach, and Sebbi will be the best version of herself on her own as a tennis player, and she will reach her highest potential. So she did not do as well in this tournament, was the first one back in six weeks, which was tough. You know, when you don't play that often, you know, compete, I should say that often. She's been training getting back from injury, so that was an eye opener for her, and she came to me for advice, which is how it should be when she comes to me. I'm able to give it, but I shouldn't force it on her. And I think, you know, going to this question, would I ever play a tournament with her? I would definitely play a tournament with her. We've talked about playing pickleball for fun. At tennis. I would be a waste on her team. She would need somebody better than me, and tennis I'm okay. I used to be better. I haven't played in years, but it would be fun just to partner with her and do something like that pickleball. But she'd yell at me the whole time, saying pick it up, pick it up, come on, because she's very competitive. So I wouldn't want to slow down the team. I definitely would not, but that's something that would be fun to do at some point in time. I have a message here from Switzerland which is amazing. Eric. If you were to lose your memory, what is one thing you would want your loved ones to remind you about. Oh, that's tough. I think I would if I was ever lose my memory, I'd want to be reminded of my family over and over, my kids, because that would break my heart not having the memories of them, of things that I have done with them, or you know. That's why Alzheimer's is such a sad sad you know, illness, a disease. It's terrible. I have friends that their parents have lived through all Alzheimer's and dementia, and it's it's brutal to go through that on both sides of it. So I yeah, great question, tough one to think about for sure when it comes to my acting, you know, whether it's film or TV. For me, my favorite kind of scenes to film would probably be comedy. I think comedy is just a blast because I love to laugh in general. So when I've done comedies, I'm it's like always laughter on set. Everybody's screwing around, everybody's joking. The improvisation that comes in those scenes. Sometimes, like when I was doing Harold and Kumar, Oh my god, we would have We had a blast. Cal Penn and John Show were so funny and they would improvise all the time, and just being around that energy was so incredible to feel. So I love doing comedy and I would love I love action. Action is a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I don't mind playing anything, but I think comedy brings me a lot of joy as far as okay, So other questions are quick questions. What is my favorite number and why I've always said my favorite number is seven. I don't know exactly why. Obviously, I think seven is a lot of people's lucky number. But my birthday is seven seventeen seventy six, or a lot of sevens in my birthday. I believe I was born around seven in the morning as well, so that's probably one of the reasons why I've stuck with seven for so many years. I don't know if it's a great answer. It's a common lucky number. I should just pick a random one. I should just pick like I don't know four. I don't know a lot of people have a lucky number four. But I'll just keep seven for now. Let's see. Do I watch edits of the Rookie. No, we don't get to see anything. This is an interesting question, actually, you know, I personally don't always like to watch myself on screen. Rosland's different. She loves to watch the stuff that she's done. I will end up watching it, but I often critique a lot of it, which makes me comfortable because there's things I either think I would have done differently, or I know I did differently and they didn't take that in the edit. So we don't get to see the edit. We film, we shoot, we do, you know, maybe a few takes on my coverage, and then we wait. We don't see anything until it airs. And it's tough because when you're doing a show, especially on network television where there are commercials, there is a you know, a solid cutoff time that has to be made for every episode, and when they do that to fit in the commercial time. When they do that, they have to tighten up so many scenes. And sometimes you're lucky and they let your scene breathe, and sometimes you're unlucky and they take a lot of air out of those scenes. For me, when you're acting, so many moments in a scene are between the lines. You know. It can be in the look, it can be in the pauses, it can be it's just those thoughts that are going on. And often with network television, it's about pace, pace, pace. They want to keep it up because they don't want to feel like it gets too slow, especially on a show like ours, where it is a lot about the pace of our show. So when I see myself act, I've had so many times where I look and I go, man, I know I took a longer pause than that, but they take the air out to tighten the scene up, and to me, it loses some of the intention of the scene. Now it's a preference that's acting. You know, somebody else might watch it and not know that at all or know the difference. But for me, I know when I feel like it could have been better based on my performance. But that's also selfish because it's coming from my perspective and not the big picture, which is why it's hard as a director and editor to put that final product out there, you know, because you have to pick and choose what you're gonna lose or keep. What advice would you give your daughter if she had trouble loving herself? That's that's a great question. That is something that I've actually thought about and makes me so nervous. I hope my daughter never lacks love for herself, although I know as a teenager you're gonna go through tough moments and you're gonna get picked on at times. People are going to try and tell you otherwise about yourself, and you have to believe in yourself and love yourself no matter what anybody says about you, no matter what you're feeling or experiencing or feeling down. So I always try to lift her up, you know. Sometimes I see these great quotes, funny enough on social media, and I send them, I take pictures of them, and I send them to her so she can see them or think about things in a different way, or she finds little quotes funny enough that are uplifting, and I think that's a big part of what I try to do with her and Dylan all the time, is just make them feel secure in themselves and lift them up and know that they are loved and that they should always take care and love themselves first. And I think just constantly reassuring them how worthy they are everything they've done and accomplished, and believing in themselves. So very very mindful about something like that and something I want to keep pushing, you know, her direction as well as my sons. What three words would use to describe yourself and three words would you use to describe your character and the rookie I've said this funny enough. I think on some rookie interviews, I would describe Bradford and myself both as loyal. I would describe them both as hard working. Although Bradford is a bit more firm, I'm also firm, but I'm not firm in his way. I think I have a bit more love in my firmness when I try to put something out there and make a point or teach or educate. I think Bradford is a hard ass in the sense that you either do it his way, or you quit, you're out. So he lacks a little bit of that love and empathy for the situation that somebody might be going through, but he also is doing it with a different intention. I have never been responsible to teach someone how to do a job that potentially is life or death. That is how Bradford sees his job as a training officer is I'm making sure someone understands the stakes and the gravity of the job that they're in. And it is not a job that I would take lightly or think is easy by any means. So I think we have a lot in common, and there are some words I would definitely used to describe both of us, but I think that's sort of the one of the big differentiators of those words. Favorite thing about raz I have a lot. I have a lot. But I know one I've I've told her and I've talked about many times is just how I I I appreciate so much how hard she is, how how hard she works at getting what she wants. And she also has an incredible sense of philanthropy and community service and giving back to people and and and and her country and everything like that. Just people around her She's so good at thinking about other people and making sure that they are taken care of, and it's one of the things I love the most about her, to be honest, and I wish I was better at that. It's something that I am mindful about, but I think she's just, you know, quite a bit more aware of that than I am, and she does such a great job with it, So it's inspiring to me to want to be better, especially in those areas. Who breaks character the easiest, There's no question to me. It's Richard t I think we talked about that funny enough on the last episode. But I think Richard breaks a lot, and we can get Richard to break. I've broken. I mean, there has been points in time where I've been so bad where I'm I can't get it together. I'm laughing like tears in my eyes and have to cut and have to stop because I just can't get it together to make the take, and We've had to pause and take a beat and walk away and come back. So I've had my moments as well, But I think Richard is one that we can make break quite often. Okay, so this is from Monique. She finds multi tis asking to be difficult, but I'm doing it all the time. What advice would you have for someone who needs to be a better multitasker. You know, I do think I multitask fairly well. There's good and bad to that. Let me tell you my brain feel. I feel like it never stops and it can be overwhelming at times. So I think when someone has trouble multitasking, I don't know what the formula is to be better at it, but I think just trying to compartmentalize very well, and I'm very good at following back up on things, So I don't you know, if you're multitasking, you spread yourself too thin. You can be forgetful and not complete the task on various ones, and so you'd get a lesser product on what you're trying to accomplish. Right, So for me, it's about coming back around, coming back around, and making sure each sort of T is crossed and I is dotted, you know, with what I'm trying to do at the same time. But I do think it's important to multitask. I think if you're trying to be successful, you need to be moving and shaking in a lot of different ways. You know, if you're being a parent and you're also working. It's you're always multitasking you don't even realize it. Or if you're not a parent, you still could have your friends and you're in your job and you're trying to create, you know, do more with your job and get ahead in certain ways. So I think it's an important thing to do, and I think it's about spreading that focus around and following through and following back up on what you're doing. That's about the best advice I could give when it comes to that. I love shooting more on location, I would say, I mean I like both, but on location is a lot of fun. We get to see a lot of Los Angeles, which places I'm from here, but places I've never even gotten to experience. So being able to be all over the city from the beach to the airport to downtown on a regular basis, we see different parts that really highlight the city in a lot of ways. So I enjoy being out on location, I really do. But I think our sets are fantastic, and I actually love the air conditioning of being on set because it's hot right now and we are cooking in uniform every time we're on location. We have a big location tomorrow. We're going to be you know, dealing with a house and you know, bad guys in the house, and we're gonna be outside all day and I think it's going to be ninety seven degrees with my vest on and everything else. It's a lot, but it's fun. It's fun. If you ever given a choice to play live action Disney movie, which one would you like to be cast in? Oh, that's a good question. That's a tough one. I don't I don't know if I could ever, if I ever did a live action I think I'd love to do a kid's live action movie, to be honest. I mean superhero movies are cool, Like you know, that'd be fun to do as well. But having kids, if I could do something in a live action space surrounded, you know, around the kids space, I think that would be really fun. That my kids would get such a kick out of it. I mean they love super hero stuff too, But that could be that could be a fun, fun thing to do for Disney in particular. Let's see, let's see, are there any cast inside jokes you can share with us. I don't know if we have a specific I mean I guess one which we talked about it again on the last podcast was that we always have a one up nature with Richard and I that it's whatever I get, he wants it times two. And I always try to get things and make sure I get them and that Richard doesn't get them or finds out that I have it before he gets it. And that's ongoing all the time. I mean, if there is something special at Crafty, I make sure I get it and that Richard sees that I have it, and then I make sure that the pas tell him that they're out so he can't get any It's just an ongoing joke that we I always try to mess with Richard and he wants to one up me as well, which is what makes it fun, to be honest. Do I have hope for the Chamford storyline. I believe that that storyline is going to be a fun one to watch. I think we're going to learn a lot about who they are as individuals. We're going to watch Bradford grow and improve, and I think, you know, if and I assume there will be a point where he works his way back to her, I think watching him prove himself back to her again is going to be very exciting to play and exciting to watch because I think he did what he did to her. She didn't deserve the way he ended it, the way he broke up. But I think he's dealing with so much internally that he can't be the best version of himself for her. So I think watching him get stronger and build off of his failures and then finding a way back to her in order to rectify what he's done, I think, and making it, you know, just making her understand it was done for the reasons that were you know, needed for his growth will be fun, a fun storyline to build on. So yeah, i'd say, Jennifer fans, you know, keep your hope alive. I wouldn't. I wouldn't turn your back. And I think stay positive. My workout routine these days, and I do try to work out at least four days a week probably, but it's nothing like it was a long time ago. I mean, I am just trying to stay in shape, stay healthy. You know, Rozin and I are so up to speed on you know, following different regimens and protocols for our overall health and less about just you know, the looks of fitness physically, we are very mindful about what we eat and staying in the natural space with food and vitamins, et cetera, et cetera. And I try to get some cardio in at least three four times a week on the bike and some weights just to stay in shape. But that's my bigger goal is just to try to try to be healthy for my kids down the road so I can be around as long as possible. That's my goal with fitness. But I tell people all the time, listen to me. Working out, even if I can get something in is great for my mind, and it makes me stay positive and gets my energy up. And I always have a better day when I can start the day doing something versus if I'm just lazy. It's much harder for me to be motivated, and I also need to be I'm a guy that has to work out or do something in the first half of the day because the second half of the day is really tough for me. I'm probably not going to the gym or probably not working out if I didn't get it done by noon. But if I can get it done, you know, two o'clock would probably be my cutoff in that regard. Do I have a favorite scene that I've taped on The Rookie. I kind of alluded to this before. It's generally scenes that I've done regarding Tim's backstory for me. So, I mean, I had great scenes with my dad. I had, you know, the Lucy and the barrel was a great moment for Bradford. Stuff with my ex wife was a lot of fun. Yeah, those are some of my favorite moments on the show. Favorite scene ever in my career. I don't know if I could pick a single scene in my whole career, but there were projects of mine that I will always remember. I mean, when I did a pilot called Viva Laughlin that was it went to series for two episodes that we were canceled. I had to sing, I had to dance. I did so many things I've never done before. That show did not make it far at all, but it was a show I'll always remember. Hugh Jackman was in the show. Was so great to work with him. I had great moments in The Ugly Truth that I loved doing as well. I mean, there's been there's been plenty of memorable scenes I've done in my career, but I don't think I can pick a single a single scene, favorite thing I've done with my family that I will never forget. I will say, I mean there again, there have been many, many memories that we've built that I will never forget. Going to Spain and taking my kids to Europe for the first time was incredible for me. For them to see the world like that because they had never been overseas and we're you know, obviously it would be going more throughout their lives, but that was a big experience that we got to share together. And I don't that's a tough one, that is that is a tough one to just nail a favorite moment with the kids. But I would say Dylan's birth was an incredible moment for Sabella, even at that age. Was just so so cool to see that play out for her and be a part of it and you know, share that as a family, all of us together was so great. I almost miss I almost miss Dylan's birth. I was shooting a TV show, The Good Doctor, and he was due, he was ready to go, and I was going to be traveling back and forth and production had to make it work for me to try to get back in time for that to happen. I'll never forget Roslyn had to drive herself to the hospital. I had to jump on a plane fly back from Canada. I got taken from the car service at the airport to the hospital. We basically met right away at the hospital and she was in the labor So it was a gift that that worked out and I was able to make his birth. So yeah, that is uh. That's the first episode of me answering a lot of your listener questions. I hope that that was enjoyable. Its first time for me doing that and being on the spot. But we will have more to come. Like I said, we'll get some more rookie lunches as well. Thank you for listening, and if you have something you want to talk about, please send it to our dms at he said AADIHO or email us at ericanroz at iHeartRadio dot com. Also make sure, if you haven't started to follow us at Palm republic Rum, check out our ig tiktoks, all our social xs, Facebook, Palm republic Rum, and then also check out the website palmrepublic Rum dot com. Until next time, see ya, thanks for listening. Don't forget to write us a review. And tell us what you think.
Speaker 3: If you want to follow us on Instagram, checks out at he said jav Orson as an email Eric and Ross at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 3: JAB is part of iHeartRadio's My ULTUDA podcast network.
Speaker 1: See you next time.
Speaker 2: Bye,