Speaker 1: Back to back classics to get you through whatever you need to today. Maybe it's a workout, maybe it's chores, Maybe you just need a nap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, By it's Brock and.
Speaker 3: Jeffrey, and we love that you're here.
Speaker 1: We appreciate it so much. We will have a brand new episode this coming Monday.
Speaker 4: But first comments, Christine Nicole said, first time ever commenting because I finally listened to every single Second Date update since the very beginning. I'm a career HMW nanny of seventeen years and while absolutely loving my job, y'all's podcast give me a little extra pep in my step, especially for the four thirty a m.
Speaker 2: Morning.
Speaker 3: Yikes, what is a early morning? You got seventeen year olds now that you're taking care.
Speaker 2: Of getting I reread it. I was like, did I say that? Sorry? She's just been doing it for seventeen days.
Speaker 5: It blows my mind how many people like no more Second Dates than we do? Yeah, I don't more than.
Speaker 6: Maybe fun you listen since before I worked?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, you're his story.
Speaker 1: Yeah really truly, thank you so much for your dedication and your insanity.
Speaker 6: I lets the kids are good today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's get your back to back classics started right now.
Speaker 5: You've probably heard the saying never order Spaghettian meatballs on the first date unless you're one hundred percent sure you're gonna lady in the trumpet.
Speaker 2: Is a good exception.
Speaker 5: I've actually tried that with a chicken nugget once.
Speaker 7: Really, that's very sure.
Speaker 5: It did not work out as sexy as I thought it would in my day. But anyway, look out because there's a brand new food item you should absolutely avoid ordering on any first date or you're probably gonna instantly turn them off. Fortunately, one of our listeners did it, and you're gonna hear what that was in your second date update right after this.
Speaker 8: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning second date updates.
Speaker 5: There's a new trend that's happening right now where people online are posting dating rapped videos.
Speaker 1: Like you're Spotify rapped, but like, wait, how many matches you guys?
Speaker 5: Yeah, like an end of the year recap of their dating life from the past three hundred and sixty five days.
Speaker 2: I feel like that could go really wrong.
Speaker 6: It's like who you swipe on, what you don't like, who you know?
Speaker 5: Yeah, It's just it's like a type of person, yeah, or like the total amount of dates that you tried for the past year, and you're patting yourself on the back again.
Speaker 7: Okay, it's not about the failure.
Speaker 5: And today's caller, Kelly, mentioned in her email that she's dated around a lot over the past year, so our producer asked if she could give us a dating rap for herself.
Speaker 7: All right, so.
Speaker 5: We're gonna hear that in a second. First, Kelly, welcome to the show.
Speaker 9: Hi, thank you, thanks for having.
Speaker 5: Me, Thanks for being on with us. We want to hear about what's your dating rap briefly for us?
Speaker 1: If you can't every time you say rap, I wanted to break down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, don't.
Speaker 7: You don't need this hypo.
Speaker 2: That's what I wanted.
Speaker 5: Just give me.
Speaker 7: I can give you a beat if it would make the wraps.
Speaker 5: Way more for just a quick breakdown. What was your dating life like last year?
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's funny. I wish I could wrap my raps. It was sixteen first dates total, mostly mostly Americans. I had two Australians, one Irish guy, one guy who I don't know what his action was, but I think he may have been homeless also or just.
Speaker 5: Homeless. Accents from Wow, that judgment so that's good. It sounds like you're keeping your options opened. Was there anything more? What did you think about the sixteen guys that you were with? That sounds like that, you know what I meant? The sixteen guys you met separately during the year, how did they go?
Speaker 9: Yeah? You know, like out of the sixteen, six made it to a second date. Out of those six, only three made it to a third.
Speaker 10: Date or more.
Speaker 9: Yeah. Now all the guys two flat out rejected me right after the date. Eight were like new ctual ghostings. Three I rejected and told them it just wasn't going to work. And one block to me like immediately after the date. But I was he was a little suss I think he might have been married.
Speaker 5: Oh oh god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nothing you did wrong there other than go out with him.
Speaker 5: I suppose alexis looking back at her sixteen first dates, how would you grade her overall experience?
Speaker 4: It's not like a good but one sixteenth for being blocked, Like, that's not bad sixteen.
Speaker 2: And it wasn't for something she did exactly, that's a.
Speaker 5: Good aspect, I mean.
Speaker 9: And out of the sixteen, I only had to pay half on like one of them. And I'm really old fashioned, and I prefer the guy to pay. That's just how my mom and dad taught me.
Speaker 2: Old fashion your cheap. Let's be honest. I mean I know both.
Speaker 9: Yeah, just how it was. And I cried over two guys last year and ended up with zero. SI really well.
Speaker 5: And I do make a lot of women cry when they listen to this show. Oh yeah, we do. So tell me. None of the sixteen guys worked out. But now apparently you say there's a new guy and that's why you reached out to us.
Speaker 9: Yeah, there's a new guy. I was hopeful. I don't know yet. His name is Steve. It was like an online match and it was just a casual date. It was really like less than hour, like a forty minute.
Speaker 2: Oh so you went out with them already.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: We just got Cuban sandwiches from this little sandwich shop and just went to the park and hees ate and talked and we were by this playground with kids running around and.
Speaker 7: What significant in some way? The playground that's my kid.
Speaker 5: No, it's a lot of information coming at us. I mean, there's sandwiches, there's a park, there's a playground, there's children. Does that sound like a good date. First, Like, overall alexis no.
Speaker 6: Kids around, No, but the sandwiches.
Speaker 5: Sandwich is okay.
Speaker 6: Sandwich is okay. Honestly, the playground was empty.
Speaker 4: I'd play on it, but it's a kid.
Speaker 9: That would be a fun date, that would be No. It was really just kind of a lunch date really, because like, the sandwiches are really messy. And at one point he was like, you got something on your face and I was like, oh where, and he was like, you pointed to like my entire lower half and he was like everywhere under your nose, and.
Speaker 1: That means he's paying attention. You know, he's looking at you.
Speaker 2: I'm not even joking.
Speaker 3: When I met my husband, I didn't realize.
Speaker 1: I carried so much food on my face until I met that man, and I was like, he always has something.
Speaker 2: To point out.
Speaker 1: No one else before him ever said anything.
Speaker 5: How the women on this show can spin anything for another You.
Speaker 3: Heard the odds, Jeff, I don't think that's bad.
Speaker 7: I mean, how'd you guys end it?
Speaker 9: After we ate, we were just kind of like, oh, if we had a frisbee, we'd throw it. But we just kind of kind of like picked up a stick and was kind of playing within then.
Speaker 5: Go get it, Go get your date.
Speaker 9: I mean I got no, but it got a little awkward. You know, I was really hoping he'd say, like, you know what, let's grab a drink and proceed to like a nighttime thing. And he's so cute. I'm sure he gets a lot of attention from women on on the app.
Speaker 1: So well, he doesn't sound very good at a date.
Speaker 2: I mean, he didn't even bring a frisbee.
Speaker 6: He didn't even get the sandwich place.
Speaker 2: He went to a park.
Speaker 5: Why is the man in trouble? We're paying for the saying which she's the one that date.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying that I don't think he's getting hit on as much as she thinks because he is not as experienced as he should be.
Speaker 2: A good ride.
Speaker 5: I'm sure it's the man's fault somehow, but let's prove it.
Speaker 1: When we come back.
Speaker 5: We're gonna call Steve for you and try and get you your second date update right after that. Your name is Steve, you better pick on hold on.
Speaker 8: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning second date updates.
Speaker 5: I feel like in the first part we definitely miss something we miss and by we I mean Brook.
Speaker 7: Okay, I know that we were going there.
Speaker 5: Brooke was out of it that even though the guy is the one not calling Kelly back. Yes, and Kelly said herself, he's very good looking and must get a lot of attention on the dating apps. And Kelly's the one that had sandwich pieces all over her face. Brook hurt all of that and says, Nope, the guy is a bad date planner. I bet no women want to go out with you.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't say no women. I just said I don't think that he's as wanted as she thinks. I'm trying to hype her up. Okay, she has something to offer on this table, and he is going to Maybe maybe he was too intimidated by how awesome she is.
Speaker 6: You know, the sandwich all over her face.
Speaker 1: Listen, I've gotten food on my face. It shouldn't stop anything.
Speaker 5: Okay, but no, actually normally yeah, yeah, eat politely once some one of your dates try that. But look, the whole thing is Kelly really liked the guy that she met up with, Steve. They did a casual date in the park with Cuban sandwiches. They tossed a stick back and forth. It was a great time was a little strange. I mean they weren't sure what else to do. It was short though. Yeah, and so now afterwards she's hoping to get one more shot with him because he's been kind of ghosty.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, have you heard from him at all, Kelly?
Speaker 9: I haven't. And now I'm nervous because I was really slobby. Maybe I was I grossed him out.
Speaker 10: I don't know, I was drunk.
Speaker 1: The mason that you had going into that sandwich is what it.
Speaker 8: Is really good understanding.
Speaker 5: If you could do that to a sandwich, just imagine what.
Speaker 1: Else you could that is, right, Jeffrey, we are here to hype.
Speaker 5: Sandwich. Yeah it's disgusting, all right, that's not what he says. But here we go with Doll's number. We'll see what he has to say. Let's do it. Hey, we're looking for Steve speaking and Hey Steve, I said we because you're on the radio right now with Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 11: How you doing man, Uh, you're from the radio.
Speaker 2: And podcasts podcast.
Speaker 5: To Yeah, yeah, we got a good podcast.
Speaker 1: We are multifaceted here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're in the future with our entertainment, but we're focused on you, right now because one of our listeners went on a date with you the other day and really had a good time. He wants to see you again, but that hasn't quite happened yet, and she's not sure why. Her name's Kelly ah Man. Okay, Okay, oh Man.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, it's.
Speaker 5: The fact that you're not reaching out for another date is kind of hinting that you're not interested. But we're not sure if that's true or not. We want to know what you think about Kelly.
Speaker 11: Uh, she's very nice, Like, Kelly's cool, but you know, I just don't think it's going to work out.
Speaker 7: Okay, is there is there a reason?
Speaker 1: I mean, did you went into it thinking that it could work out?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean definitely, But you know, like we got some food and then we went to the park and it just it started to get a little weird. But like, you know, I don't want to blow up a spot, like I don't even know you guys.
Speaker 5: So see, we didn't hear anything like weird. She said she had like some food or something on her face, but nothing stood out to be weird.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's weird to him, you know, like maybe it's weird to him to have a female have food all over their face.
Speaker 11: No, no, actually I thought that was kind of cute.
Speaker 7: See I thought you guys turn off.
Speaker 5: What was the issue? You said it was weird?
Speaker 11: Yeah yeah, I'm like, so, you know, we were sitting on the bench, were chilling, and there's like a playground, you know, that's in this park that we're in, and oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she randomly mentioned that to us too.
Speaker 11: Yeah yeah, and she so there's like a bunch of kids playing, and all of a sudden, she points and she's like, oh my god, look imagine if will we had that many kids and those were all our kids running around and there were like either like eight ten kids playing on the playground.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, So she was describing a nightmare, right, Like that's how she meant, like, imagine how chaotic.
Speaker 2: Our life would be.
Speaker 11: She sounded thrilled.
Speaker 7: Oh thrilled.
Speaker 5: Okay, so that's a red flag to you. That's a lot.
Speaker 11: Yeah yeah, I mean, like I've known you for like twenty minutes and now now we're having eight kids together.
Speaker 7: Yeah Okay.
Speaker 1: In her defense, I will say it sounds like maybe she was just trying to fill the void, like maybe there was like an odd because she said like it kind of died at the end your guys' date. Maybe she was just trying to, like I say dumb things.
Speaker 5: Could you understand that point of view, maybe, Steve, I mean I guess I could.
Speaker 11: But she started getting like really into it. Oh, she was like naming them.
Speaker 12: Oh.
Speaker 11: There was like another one we were saying where she wasn't feeling one of the kids and she was like, he's not playing nice. You would put him for an option.
Speaker 5: Okay, she's obviously kidding. Well, that should be a positive for you because you don't want.
Speaker 7: That many, you would only have seven.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 3: She'd say she was a good mother, just a mother.
Speaker 5: Okay, but that it sounds like it was all that conversation kind of scared you. Was too much for you joking or no?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean you know, yeah, but if she was joking, maybe you could work it out.
Speaker 5: Yeah. And there's a perfect person to find out whether or not it was a joke. That's Kelly, who's on the other line right now waiting to talk to you. Wait a yeah, Kelly and her seven children say hi.
Speaker 2: Oh did she give another one up for adoption or wed out of six?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Ever since she heard that Kelly there.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Steve, it's Kelly. I am I like fuming, I'm so offended. Yes, because and you know what this is why and how I realized why I had sixteen unsuccessful dates last year. It's because they were all like you, Steve, like emotionally an intellectual.
Speaker 7: Why are you upset?
Speaker 2: Why are you so mad?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Because, my god, Brooke, you were totally right, Steve. You stock a planning a date.
Speaker 3: I'm just trying to hype you up, not tear it down.
Speaker 5: What happened?
Speaker 9: Listen, if you even had like an ounce of a sense of humor, like you would get that I was obviously joking, and I would for you to actually think that I was serious, like, oh my god, like you must be a narcissist.
Speaker 11: But you would think I would reach you.
Speaker 9: For forty minutes and suddenly want to have your babies.
Speaker 5: All right, well, all right, okay, I think we're I think we're going down a path we don't need to go down any farther we were. You weren't happy with Steve's response. There, Steve, are you there?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Yeah, you're here barely, but I'm still here.
Speaker 5: Would you like to respond to any of the allegations just against you.
Speaker 1: I thought you guys were all gonna have a big laugh about how it was a miscommunication, Steve.
Speaker 9: Bottom line, you planned a boring date and now I'm paying a price for it.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's nut, Steve. You see your data.
Speaker 9: Being and I'm not going to go for just the looks like I thought you were super.
Speaker 2: Cute too much.
Speaker 13: What kind of radio show is this?
Speaker 11: You just trash, dude.
Speaker 5: It depends on how many drinks Brooks.
Speaker 1: I was just trying to make her feel better about you not calling her, and now I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think that this was already happening and I didn't realize it.
Speaker 11: You know, you don't have to tear somebody else down just to try to make somebody else feel.
Speaker 3: Batter That's a good life lesson, Steve.
Speaker 2: I agree with you, all right. I wasn't trying to tear you down. I don't know, just I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't think you said anything wrong, Steve.
Speaker 5: Those are thoughts that should have happened before you said the terrible thing.
Speaker 11: It is, well me either, I'm just being on it.
Speaker 5: Okay, everybody be honest with everybody. This is a good chance to have Steve admit that maybe he didn't plan the best first date. Yeah he did, Okay, okay, And maybe Kelly didn't make the best conversation trying to invent an entire family of eight twenty minutes into the conversation.
Speaker 9: That Kelly owned that, Well, I'm sorry that I was so bored. I had to use my freaking imagination.
Speaker 5: Okay, that was an apology.
Speaker 1: You could have imagined the kids in like a sweatshop or something like that wouldn't have been a red flag.
Speaker 5: Brook's trying to get her business planned. So Steve, if you're hearing what I'm here, and then you probably see the same thing as me, which is potential for true love. And that's why we would be delighted to send you out on another date that we would pay for. Yeah, I don't same day messy sandwiches and all. Put it on our tabkay, adoption fees Brook is going to cover that.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 5: Sure, what do you say?
Speaker 11: No, no, no, I'm not going out with her yet. I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 9: You went on.
Speaker 11: Sixteen failed dates like what? Like this? This woman is out there for me, only one her though only it's about to be two.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sorry for someone will get your humor someday.
Speaker 10: Yeah, No, it's okay, Brooke.
Speaker 9: You know you're absolutely right. This guy knows nothing about planning and you should absolutely own this.
Speaker 5: God girls, if you hope for all women, congratulations not what I meant, Brook and.
Speaker 8: Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: That call was a great example of the power that Brooks words have with our listeners.
Speaker 2: I don't know what what went so wrong.
Speaker 7: I really don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know how I went from trying to hype somebody up, like I don't.
Speaker 5: Know, you weren't typing anybody up though you were pushing the guy down, trying to because he played out. At the end of the first part, Brook could have said, Okay, you guys did like a sweet little date in a park out in nature. He got you a meal. You guys spent time talking and getting to know each other.
Speaker 1: She was feeling self conscious because she's like, this is a really hot guy and he's probably got tons of girls.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, nah, the guy doesn't even bring a frisbee to a date.
Speaker 7: He doesn't know anything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you call the guy boring because he didn't book a midnight laser light show with free drugs or whatever types of dates that you're into, and look what happened. She immediately hopped onto Brooks opinion, blew up into a tirade against every man who's ever let her down. Ever, it's a good reminder that we and when I say we, I mean you again, Brooke, then we need to stay open minded. If it's not your ideal cup of tea first date idea doesn't mean other people can enjoy it.
Speaker 1: I just was trying to make her feel better, jeff How many times do I have to tell you that.
Speaker 5: Don't It's not worth it let other people feel sad.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I got to a fast food burger place with a bogo hoop on on a first date.
Speaker 7: And still gone out with the guy again.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 5: Everybody says low as Brooks are and your dating life couldn't possibly be bad. We're just saying we can try and help you with your date life. Email the show if you ever need help. We'll call that person who wasn't calling.
Speaker 8: You back brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Ladies, I have a question, why aren't there more of you getting locked up in magical towers and getting tied up to train tracks and getting slowly lowered into vats of boiling lava. Yeah, frankly, you're not giving men enough opportunities to step up and become heroes.
Speaker 3: For you, Alexis, why aren't you more helpless?
Speaker 6: I know, I'll take all my friends off by my friends right now.
Speaker 5: Making us look bad. But recently one of our listeners had not one, but two opportunities to be a knight and shining armor right in front of his date, and he could not believe his luck. So why is she completely ignoring him after his impressive display of heroism Because.
Speaker 2: She's already saved. She doesn't need him anymore.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll put yourself into danger again, girl. Okay, all right, we're gonna try to find out what happened in your second date update. Right after this.
Speaker 8: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning second date updates.
Speaker 5: We got an email from one of our listeners who says he's been living his life by a dating philosophy that's been circulating on the internet now for about two decades. For decades, it's called the Tow of Steve, that is Tao of Steve. And I've not heard anything about this, but according to him, it involves three basic rules that men must live by. Number one, be desireless.
Speaker 1: Number two nobody wants you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm good at that one. I'm not sure. I guess we'll find out. Number two is be excellent and number three be gone. And if you can live by all three of those rules as a man, you will become irresistible to any woman on earth, even married women. Brooks, So look out. Maybe get your ear plugs ready before we talk to him.
Speaker 2: I love those gone boys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're gonna learn more in a second. First, let's say hello to Bobby, who needs our spiritual guidance today. Bobby, welcome to the show.
Speaker 13: Hey, guys, how you doing.
Speaker 1: I wanted you to be Steve, the originator of all of this, but barely you're Bobby.
Speaker 2: That works too.
Speaker 13: Oh it can't be everything. I guess all the time. I'm doing my best here, I'm doing my best.
Speaker 2: Isn't isn't calling our show?
Speaker 1: Breaking rules one in three already.
Speaker 13: Of your expect Yeah, you guys are on to me. But it's a desperate situation.
Speaker 9: I need you.
Speaker 2: That's rule number four. Be desperate. Jeffer just didn't get to it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So tell us who's this woman that's making you go against everything you believe in. Her name is Tory.
Speaker 13: She's super hot and she's super nice and we just had an amazing day and like, I don't know, normally a woman would respond to all these philosophical things I've done, but it's completely backfiring on me.
Speaker 14: Now, because if you're excited about someone and it's like the first time you've ever felt this way, like lean into it, Like life's too short to be desireless.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you could tell sometimes if someone's like purposely waiting till you try to.
Speaker 5: Do it, Like, yeah, next thing, you know, you end up on this show and you hit your rock bottom. So wow, Bobby, tell us, how did you get to this point? Like, tell us about your date with Tori?
Speaker 2: How did you know her? Is it an online thing or no?
Speaker 13: No, I met her at a bar. I just kind of bumped into her. And it had to be desirefull in the beginning, and then you be desire less.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's how it works.
Speaker 5: Okay, it makes sense.
Speaker 13: I'm in the phase between desireless and be excellent. And uh, we're waiting outside the restaurant because it's like a popular place, you know. Okay, so I had my opportunity to be just come upon me.
Speaker 10: It was awesome.
Speaker 5: What are you excellent at?
Speaker 11: Friend?
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm excited what this opportunity was.
Speaker 5: What happened?
Speaker 13: So this foreign family, I'm not sure where they were from. I didn't speak whatever language they like. Vaguely I can tell they're looking for a specific museum, like a really famous ranger.
Speaker 1: Okay, so they're like tourists in the area and they need some help.
Speaker 13: Yeah, exactly. Okay, they weren't understanding my directions, so I was just like with my fingers, I was like, I will walk you there, you know, like little like walking man fingers.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 1: Most people would pull out Google Translate on their phone.
Speaker 6: And pull it up on their phone on Google Maps.
Speaker 13: Yeah but okay, yeah, but Google Maps is an excellent I want.
Speaker 1: To be You're gonna leave your date standing in front of the restaurant while you walk this family?
Speaker 13: Absolutely not. I took her with me.
Speaker 5: So now you're demonstrating that you're a guy who's willing to help strangers. You know your way around the neighborhood generally a lot of excellent quality.
Speaker 2: You know what a museum is, yes, you know exactly.
Speaker 5: So did you go straight to the bedroom from the museum? Did you have to do more?
Speaker 13: Well, you know, if you have the chance to be excellent twice, let's do it twice. And luckily for your boy here, he was excellent twice in one night.
Speaker 5: Whoa at the museum? So many directions back to the restaurant?
Speaker 2: Wow, what did you do the second time?
Speaker 13: So second time we're having dinner. Dinner is like pretty much finishing up, and you could just tell like someone dined and dash, someone hadn't paid their billh yeah, like the waiters were all huddling together and stuff, and like it was an expensive bill.
Speaker 8: It was a big deal.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I took care of the bill and I tipped the waiter, just kind of nonchalant.
Speaker 5: Like, oh wow, super nice bro.
Speaker 1: I thought you're going to go to hero mode and tackle the dining and dasher, but you just took care of it.
Speaker 13: I mean, I think tackling the dining and dasher is cool, but it's even cooler to be nonchalo.
Speaker 5: How do you be nonchalant after just going over and paying someone else's bill? Like, what do you say to Torri when you come back to the table.
Speaker 13: Well, the thing is you say nothing, and you wait for her to question you what was that?
Speaker 9: And then you.
Speaker 1: Reveal, wow, did she fall into that ploy?
Speaker 10: She was like, what was that?
Speaker 13: I was like, I just took care of it.
Speaker 5: A little shoulder shrug.
Speaker 1: No, biggie, no, while you're checking your bake, stage me to make sure it doesn't bounce.
Speaker 10: These things.
Speaker 13: These are investments.
Speaker 5: Okay, you are investing though, because you know she's gonna think about little things.
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly, it's a gentleman thing to do.
Speaker 5: We're all impressed. Did it work on Tory?
Speaker 13: If you had asked me in the moment, I was like, couldn't be better. I walked her home, we hugged, I gave her a peck on the cheeks, said, we talked, dude. And then it turns out she goned me.
Speaker 7: Oh no, yeah, the gonner got gone.
Speaker 13: You never hit me up.
Speaker 1: How long did you wait before you contacted her after the date?
Speaker 13: Well, I mean, like, according to the rules I live by and trying to be gone, So I was trying to be gone for a while.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just that's your answer right there.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you think she thought she got ghosts?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 6: You don't hear from someone after a first date, you're not yea.
Speaker 5: So maybe your rules are playing against you if you're sticking to them.
Speaker 13: Yeah, but like after like four or five days, I just couldn't take it anymore and I just started texting her and I was absolutely desireful, not excellent, and I was pregnant.
Speaker 8: Man, she broke you.
Speaker 5: I tell you, Steve would be so disappointed in your behavior when.
Speaker 1: I tell myself I'm going to eat healthy and then what do you know, a whole box of oreos ends up.
Speaker 2: In my mouth.
Speaker 5: And now you're reaching out to us, which I think breaks your first rule of like be desireless, because now you're asking a radio show to show how much you want to hang out.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean all the rules are out of the window at this point. I want Tori so bad.
Speaker 5: We're throwing every rule that we know out the window. When we come back and call Tory for you and try to get her to agree to abide by the tow of Bobby and give you one more chance with your second date update right after this hold on.
Speaker 8: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning. Second date updates.
Speaker 5: You know you're in a good place when you find yourself abandoning your entire belief system to score a date with a woman. I've abandoned my belief six times since I got to work today. Oh, and it feels great.
Speaker 1: I don't know we could call a dating strategy your belief system.
Speaker 2: That he's a little dramatic.
Speaker 5: Well, that's what Bobby says. He told us he used to live by a dating philosophy called the taw of Steve, which, if you didn't hear, it's basically three rules about demonstrating your value while also not coming across as desperate or too available. Okay, so he's stuck to those very strictly until he met Tory Yeah, and said, screw it, Tory's way too hot. I need to know why she's not calling me back right now.
Speaker 1: I mean he lasted four days until he started incessantly texting her.
Speaker 7: Exactly yeah, with no response.
Speaker 5: Now, Bobby, I'm assuming you don't want us to tell Tory about your mantra and the rules that you follow, unless how you already told her, did you?
Speaker 13: No? No, No, I didn't tell her my philosophy. Don't tell her, that's part of it.
Speaker 5: You don't say it.
Speaker 4: But also, do you assume most singles out there try to do the same general thing, play hard to get, not be too available.
Speaker 7: It's pretty com be excellent.
Speaker 13: Yeah yeah, yeah, but like this is my secret sauce. Tell them the secret sauce.
Speaker 5: I think it's admirable that as a plan, because mine is just drink a lot and hope for the best. So in a better spot than a lot of people.
Speaker 2: And we've all seen you after you drink a lot. It's not.
Speaker 5: What she's a crier to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's exactly right.
Speaker 5: Let's call Tory. We'll see what she has to say. Why she's not calling you back. Hopefully she picks up, and I'm dialing your number right now here we go pick up for us?
Speaker 10: How is she? Hello?
Speaker 5: Hey, we're looking to speak with toy.
Speaker 10: Can I ask you's calling?
Speaker 5: Yes? You can. We're a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 7: Hey, Torri also here.
Speaker 10: I'm sorry, what's going on?
Speaker 5: We're doing a segment on our show called the Second Date Update where we're trying to help out one of our listeners get in touch with you after you already went on one day with him.
Speaker 10: It's just like some internet thing or no.
Speaker 5: No, it's much more disgraceful.
Speaker 7: It's a radio thing, yeah, but it's also a podcast.
Speaker 5: Focus on the radio part. That's the cool bit of this, because we're just trying to get some answers for Bobby about why you're not hanging out again or even talking to him at all.
Speaker 1: I mean, it was a date, okay, I mean you could see. It's probably pretty obvious that it's driving him nuts not knowing why you're not calling because.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, it's kind of just felt like I was on a date with someone who was giving attention to everyone and everything else except me.
Speaker 1: Why do you say that?
Speaker 10: Even when we first got to the restaurant, we were waiting and he offered to show some people that were lost the way to the museum. But that's nice, Yeah, but I was starving and we lost our reservation, so we had to wait another thirty minutes.
Speaker 5: No, because you were gone.
Speaker 1: Oh I could see that happening actually, And I'm sorry, not only that if she's in heels, like it's not comfortable to walk.
Speaker 5: Okay, So you don't value helping people, you value material.
Speaker 7: Things like, don't come at her like that.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm trying to understand where your thought processes.
Speaker 10: I mean that was just one part of the date. Like, even when we were inside he would compliment the weight staff, But how dare he never once complimented me in Oh.
Speaker 5: That's important, like the focus of the whole night. Told the weight staff to compliment you for going to do it directly, it's so beautiful? Could you also relay that to her?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they didn't compliment you, because I mean he gushed about you to us, about and lovely and nice you were. He never said anything like that to you.
Speaker 10: No, I mean even when I was in the middle of a story. I was telling him about my vacation to Europe, and he got up in the middle of it and went and picked up a nap and somebody else dropped at another table.
Speaker 5: He's almost like, it's gonna sound funny. He's almost like too nice.
Speaker 6: Guys, you think she cares about things that she does.
Speaker 4: Like, guys think girls are impressed by those things, not just listening to them, you know.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And like even at the end, he held the door up in for someone else and then went out behind them, not holding the door for me.
Speaker 2: And didn't what the heck do you think? Here's the thing?
Speaker 1: Obviously he's a kind person. Do you think that he was just nervous and maybe that's why those things didn't happen for you.
Speaker 10: He didn't seem nervous, and he was super nice, polite talking with everyone else.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, But a lot of times guys don't want to, like, seem too desperate in front of a girl and won't say the thing that they're feeling because it don't make them seem you know, beta, which is a thing that it's a complex that guys.
Speaker 1: Have and that's why they slam doors in their face.
Speaker 5: Is But maybe he was just in his own head too much and we should probably ask him about it, because Bobby is waiting on the other line wanting to compliment you profusely.
Speaker 10: I'm sorry, what Yeah, he's.
Speaker 5: Been listening to this call, Bobby.
Speaker 12: You're there a coming in high little smooth lit there, Bobby, anything you want to say to her?
Speaker 13: Tory, you didn't like all those excellent things I did set you up there?
Speaker 10: I mean, what was the point of me being there if you weren't going to give any attention or participate in the date at all.
Speaker 13: I mean, you didn't really give me a lot of attention After the date you know, I gave you a lot of texts and calls and stuff.
Speaker 10: Why would I do that give attention to someone who clearly didn't have the time of day for me.
Speaker 13: No, uh, that's that's really that's for you.
Speaker 5: That's not it.
Speaker 13: Okay. So basically, Bobby, wait, wait, hold on, are you sure you want to do this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just like apologize.
Speaker 5: And compliment her.
Speaker 13: Yeah, but like you guys want me to lie there, I don't want to lie there. I gotta be honest.
Speaker 5: We say, compliment her, that's a lie, go for it. Then clear your chest, man, then go for it.
Speaker 10: Bobby, what do you have to tell me? But can you hurry up? But got things to do?
Speaker 13: Okay, Okay, So like I live by these these philosophical rules, all of which you don't really need to know about. But basically, like I was, I was trying to demonstrate value and be excellent for you two other people. You know. Maybe it came off as like I do care about you, but I was like trying to do these things to show you what I'm capable of, like my potential and stuff.
Speaker 5: I can pick up a napkin so fast, yes.
Speaker 13: Yeah, exactly, I can pick up a napkin so fast.
Speaker 10: Yeah, right now, I don't even know what you're talking about. Right now, Like, all you have to do is ask me questions and listen and compliment.
Speaker 7: That is a lot to ask for.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that is the thing is complimenting kind of goes against the philosophy that he believes in.
Speaker 3: So well, that would be part of being excellent.
Speaker 5: No, i'd be breaking desireless.
Speaker 7: But yeah, but you do that.
Speaker 1: He said after the first eight See, this is the whole thing with rules, Like they get so complicated. Why don't you just be a normal human and have a good conversation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's get rid of laws too, Jeff, that doesn't no structure.
Speaker 13: I think I know what she's talking about. I think she just doesn't like people who do good things.
Speaker 7: Here's a question, Tory.
Speaker 1: If he would have done those things for the other people well, and also listened and complimented you and asked you questions, how would you have felt?
Speaker 10: I mean, it would have been better, But I'm not sure why he needed to focus on everything else except our date. But I can't.
Speaker 13: I can't do all those things. I was already tired doing the other stuff.
Speaker 2: It's a lot, man, So it's one or the other. Fore you you're either.
Speaker 5: Fully thinking, strategizing, or you're doing nothing.
Speaker 2: He's not a multitasker.
Speaker 13: Yeah, like, I'm sorry for being excellent.
Speaker 7: That's not the apology that she stepped in before that.
Speaker 5: But the one thing that he is focused on right now, Tori, his only focus is getting another date with you. That is why he reached out to a radio show to get a hold of you and arrange a second meetup. And we would pay for it if you're willing to give him a second chance.
Speaker 10: I think I'm good. I don't want to be with someone who just likes to grandstand.
Speaker 5: But remember, Bobby's not good, he's excellent, So you could level up.
Speaker 1: I mean now he knows right like now, the expectations of what you're looking for out there, Like you might.
Speaker 3: As well give him a chance to make that happen.
Speaker 2: Don't you think.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'm listening out. Look, you're hot, and I'll pick up your napkin and like you want me to ask you questions? What are you doing next Friday? Let's get dinner.
Speaker 2: That was actually the smoothest thing he's ever done.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Tory, what do you think I'm gonna pass.
Speaker 10: We did our best, honestly, he just he came on way too strong at the end.
Speaker 15: And oh, Bobby, you're back to square one, dude.
Speaker 13: These rules just like don't work for some people, like I'm desireless, doesn't work, I'm desireful, it doesn't work. I'm excellent, I'm too excellent, I'm gone, I'm too gone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, welcome to dating women, buddy. It's gonna be a long road.
Speaker 4: Nobody said too excellent but yourself.
Speaker 8: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: You know, after thousands of second date calls, I'm starting to notice a trend. Sometimes men don't listen very good.
Speaker 2: Wait are you just now hearing that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm thousands. I don't know if anybody saw this, but even when guys get here like beating over the head with good information, sometimes it just doesn't register for guys. We're also sometimes information doesn't register.
Speaker 2: Like it's hard to sometimes change right?
Speaker 7: What this guy?
Speaker 10: Sorry?
Speaker 5: What were you saying?
Speaker 1: This guy was so like stuck on his plan that when it was the problem, he couldn't like he could ship pivot?
Speaker 5: What is Brooks saying? I don't know. Next time you get angry at a man for not listening. Maybe turn your attention to God from making us that way.
Speaker 7: It's I see, it's it's God's fault.
Speaker 5: Thanks a lot God.
Speaker 7: God's fault put us in a bad.
Speaker 5: Spot over here, But we can put you into a good spot in your dating life. If you want some help with that. At least we'll try email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back, and two out of the.
Speaker 2: Four of us will actually hear what you said.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, maybe on a good day. I'm just happy to be here. Go check out all of our second Day podcast wherever you get yours at Brook and Jeffrey