Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about Charlemagne the God HM shout out Charlomagne the God Show. So it's what do you think of Charlemagne's prediction that media companies are dying in this era and there will eventually only be two main streaming companies that will remain after the collapse.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is something him.
Speaker 5: And show has talked about on Brilliant Idiots, and I posted it this past weekend. Going back to the actors strike, I think one of the things that is not talked about enough and that they brought up is that the profitability is not there how everyone thinks. I know Joe, when he was in the spotiations, he asked a brilliant question that never got answered, which was what is the value of a stream? And Spotify never gave that answer for a multitude of reasons. I think a lot of these companies are in a bad position because they are not as profitable and they just spend too much money on content, Like it's a horrible model to make a show for one hundred million dollars and expected to make the money back fourteen dollars or nine dollars at a time.
Speaker 4: I don't know if there will be two.
Speaker 5: Players only, but I think there will be a big four, as there is in most businesses. I think it'll eventually just be Apple, Netflix, Hulu and maybe one player.
Speaker 4: But like this proliferation of a whole bunch of streaming apps.
Speaker 5: The margins are not there, and we see it as reflective in Disney wanting to get rid of ESPN that're making Leus Star Wars content. They want to get rid of Marvel. So if you're telling me that the best media brand in American history is selling off arguably one of the best sports brands, the best cartoon brand, and the best sci fi brand, you can't tell me the Spotify is fucking crushing it.
Speaker 4: It's impossible.
Speaker 5: And it's a conversation that, like we've had before, and I always ask the question if I was given one point two billion dollars to build a podcast division and the only hit I got out of it was Joe Rogan and Will Smith did twelve episodes and Megan and Harry did fifteen episodes and then they just walked off. How Rick Ross did on eighty five South, what would I be called? And it was just some kind of blunder for Daniel at Spotify. And I don't have any issue with day. I think he's an amazing CEO. But I think the truth is going to be told and maybe a year or two about the majority of these media companies, and I keep saying that. I ask you guys, as Charlotte Maine, that's Joe shows how many people may are making a million.
Speaker 4: Dollars more from podcasting or media. Not many.
Speaker 5: If the numbers were so insane that a talent was drawn in forty and fifty million dollars a year from that show, it'll be easy to pay him a million dollars. The reason why there aren't a lot of making a million dollars plus in the space.
Speaker 4: Is because they don't draw that much value.
Speaker 5: And I think we're seeing it as scale as we are in a recession that they will not announce the most media properties are not doing as well as we think.
Speaker 2: Uh Man, that was well said. That was well said.
Speaker 6: He's onto something and he's pretty accurate when when I looked at it from in terms of it's like the jay Z line, less is more right. So when we watched Bob Iger speak, if you read it between the lines, he's telling you the same thing. Less is morse when he's saying like, yes, Pixar, we've missed. If we're gonna be honest, we've missed on a bunch of movies. We're gonna cut back on making those movies. Right, we had Star Wars and you know, Lucas Films put out the Knee Jones movie.
Speaker 2: It didn't hit like we thought.
Speaker 4: I didn't even know it came out.
Speaker 2: It didn't hit like they thought it would. All right, well we've got to scale back.
Speaker 6: But I think the Marvel thing is the biggest one because it was like, Okay, the movies did so well, and that was leading up to the pandemic. But then they started putting out shows that nobody watched. So we have to cut back. The problem is that Disney's won. But I mean all these streaming services Netflix, even to a certain extent, they're they're accumulating debt with no real concrete strategy of how to accumulate more revenue.
Speaker 2: And that's that's the real issue, right.
Speaker 6: So like when when Ires talking about, hey, yeah we have ESPN, but you know these contracts that we have with these leagues, they cost billions. How are we going to pay for it? How do we keep them and paid for it? And so reading between that is like, now, who is the company that is going to partner to purchase ESPN to have those rights, because I'm sure they'll I'm sure Disney will want to stay involved in it somehow, right because they own ABC and they caick and broadcast nationally. So who becomes that Does it become an apple to say, okay, we'll partner, we'll we'll take the sports division, we'll take ESPN and we'll figure this out. Or and this was an interesting one and I didn't even think of it. What if a company like Fanatics decides that we are now your sports partner. They already have the merchandising, yes, but they don't have the network to do TV.
Speaker 2: But what if you can bomb both of them?
Speaker 6: Now it becomes interesting. And so we talked about Michael Woman all the time. We've watched the networth of his company grow. We watched a girl from two billion to six billion. Now I think it's evaluated like twenty eight billion. What if they now decide to partner because they already have licensing deals with all the leagues for the merchandising. Now, what if we package the lyrigandizing with the TV rights?
Speaker 2: That becomes super interesting.
Speaker 5: Great, you got a crystal ball. Great minds thinking like you know, when they had that party. The first thing I thought, this looks like the title rollout from ten years ago. How do you get jay z lebron meek, little baby getting hug from behind Paul's right to get all those people in the same room at the same time. You think they was there just to drink do s. I'm like, damn, this looks like the title rollout but better. And Jay's already infiltrated and took over sports. Robinson could know you come up with me, he told y'all ten years ago. Good put out the book A hole and say, Okay, what would be best? Find a way for your talent to be on TV that you own or network that you own all the time.
Speaker 4: I think it would be the next evolution.
Speaker 5: So I definitely agree while everything is in recession, and the other issue we don't have enough people that want to be consumers when everybody wants to be a star.
Speaker 3: Well, I think that also, it's a new age of media. I think, like, who's really watching movies at a fast paced these days? Like people? I know some people are still to watch movies, but the vast majority I'm I'm on my phone, I'm not really watching movies. So many movies come out on Netflix that I've never seen, or they come out on these weird streaming services to tube not ain't even to be But I mean, let's just be honest. Have you ever watched anything on Apple Plus? Shot to Steph Curry's documentary just came up? But I have to know it just is what it is.
Speaker 4: I watched one interview with Oprah on there.
Speaker 3: I've never watched one thing on Apple Plus. I probably watched two things on Hulu.
Speaker 4: Is on Apple Plus or No?
Speaker 2: You know you said you don't consume TV.
Speaker 3: Though, but I'm just saying I don't know anybody. I'm still I'm in the loop. Nobody's watching Apple Plus.
Speaker 2: People are watching Apple Plus. You don't consume it.
Speaker 3: But we're gonna be honest. So we're just gonna be people.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna tell you no, honest, honestly our people is it Netflix?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: But people are consuming the contest. Do you know anybody that watches Apple Plus on a regular you know me?
Speaker 6: No, that's not that's not a fair assessment. I know you, you know me, I've watched content on that.
Speaker 4: Everybody is fudging the numbers and streaming.
Speaker 2: That's true too.
Speaker 3: It's not passing the eye text.
Speaker 2: Both things are not passing it. Both things are true.
Speaker 3: It's not passing, Like you said, just get cost money to produce these things. There's movies, these documentaries. He shows it costs money to produce. It's going on on these these streamings services that's behind a paywall. At least on YouTube you can see numbers. They might be inflated, but at least you can see the numbers. Like Revolt. I'm not sure how many people actually watch Revault on TV, but you can see the numbers on YouTube. Drink Champs, Tony Yayo's just three million views in three days, like shout out to Revolt. As so Reliability Season three comes out shameless pluck. But all I'm saying is that I think it's just a new age of media and I think low costing content. This is why you know, high quality, this is why, this is why the podcast scene has really taken off. It's low costing content. It's easy to produce, it's easy to put out. And I think that you know, content has become like music. Before music meant a lot, and you had an album and you would sit with that album for six months. Now Gunna comes out with a song and then Takashi six nine comes out with a song with Kodak Black three days later. It's just this is so disposable. It's so disposable. That's how content is. Content is like Drake doesn't interview in bed with the TikTok girl, and then Elliott Wilson he's going back and forth with Drake the next week. It's just like it's just like you got it. It's so disposable, like the content and Dames Dame dash warned does shout the Dane when Dame on the Breakfast Club ten years ago, and he was very insightful conversation that he had and that's when he was he was telling Mvy then like yo, you don't own this, and then MVY was like, I own I own a stock in the company. I don't even think the company's publicly trade. I'm not sure he owned stocks. Yeah, it was that was difficult. That's difficult for him to do. But it was just a difficult thing. But the thing about it is that the thing about it is that you have to you have to read the tea leaves.
Speaker 2: This is true.
Speaker 3: You have to read the tea leaves. And Charlemagne was smart enough to read the tea leaves. He started not only his podcast, that he's done, but he starts to black.
Speaker 6: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association member FDIC.
Speaker 2: Erness What's Up?
Speaker 6: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square? We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless, whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl, don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right, leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: So that podcast network, right, this makes sense because now you go into the lane of where media is headed. So it'll be interesting to see where where media plays over the next ten years. But I just feel like a lot of peoples wasting a lot of money these streaming services. Nobody's watching them. And yeah, it's just it's not a good business model.
Speaker 6: So you agreeing with what all you're saying, He's saying the same exact thing. Less, it's more like, we messed this up. How are we going to fix this? Here's how we've got to stop doing this.
Speaker 2: This isn't making any money. We overshot this.
Speaker 6: There's nobody's watching she hok, no disrespect, but nobody's watching it. Right, You can put out there, nobody's watching it.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: It used to be like, hey, if we create these characters.
Speaker 6: Then they do well in the endgame and then we can give them their own individual series.
Speaker 2: And that might have.
Speaker 6: Worked for one or two, but some of these characters there's no investment in them.
Speaker 2: Right then they put it It.
Speaker 6: Didn't work on the streaming, so they put it on ABC and start you started seeing Agent Shield on.
Speaker 2: What is that it's going?
Speaker 6: Because nobody there's no investment there, so they overdid it so less it's more.
Speaker 4: And of course when you didn't watch the Agent Child, No, absolutely no, this show is terrible, shout who's on the show.
Speaker 5: But but like when you are not having it's too many suits in the creative business that is not looking to make great creative and of course, like you have to judge a business like how can it thrive? And and an economy when people don't have a surplus of money. In twenty eighteen, twenty nineteen, twenty twenty, up until March, everyone thought everything was fine. Always calibrate to see, okay, great, how well will things do if the market drives up and people don't have as much money?
Speaker 4: Number two?
Speaker 5: Once again, like Rashata said, the costs for these shows with you damn high, so like you have to find everything is a hedge fund business. Like as soon as I saw Pat McAfee get brought over the ESPN, I'm like, I wonder how much the betting will go up because he's a player that can call things on the fly in real time, that can make people money. As soon as I saw Romo say hey, this is the play they're going to run and people start betting on it, that's the head truck business.
Speaker 4: It's all about risk to reward.
Speaker 5: Like if I paid ten dollars for content, can I get one hundred dollars out of it? It's really hard to make up a three hundred million dollar movie fifteen dollars or seven dollars at a time.
Speaker 4: It's stamn near impossible to do. So.
Speaker 3: Hollywood is a place where there is a tremendous amount of waste. It's a bad business model. They waste money. There's too many people with their hands in the pot, they take too long, there's too many gatekeepers, and that's what they don't strike now. Like technology is going to replace job no matter how, no matter what they try to do with the strike and try to put the language in. You can't. You can't erase AI. It's here to stay. So the whole idea of Hollywood is fading away. It's actually it's a bad business model that's dying. And the student they realize that the better off they'll be, they're trying to save. They're trying to save the golden age of Hollywood. It's over Lea through a weapon.
Speaker 2: Movie.
Speaker 3: It's no, I'm saying that that's never gonna happen like those are.
Speaker 2: It's over like they're trying to do it.
Speaker 3: They trying to do. How much money they spent like something, how much money they spend on Barbie? Huge that budget is it's not passing the eye test? Did one fifty five? They spent a billion. They spent a lot, a lot, they spent a lot.
Speaker 6: And if anybody's looking at Mattel, which owns Barbie, and twenty percent of the revenue from Motel comes from Barbie's merchandising, and may tease the stock just for you watch.
Speaker 2: They spent a lot, they spend a lot.
Speaker 3: I don't, I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm just a common sense person. I think they will.
Speaker 5: Spend one fifty on marketing and they made one fifty five first at least one fifty on marketing.
Speaker 3: I think they spent more, but that's not that's not even the actor. That's just domestic. That's just domestic. I think they're losing money on it. That's my whole point. We'll see, well, I don't know, I'm not one hundred.
Speaker 6: But even if it as well, right, let's say it does well, there's only been one billion dollar movie and we can't even count that well, we can't count there's only been one billion dollar movie.
Speaker 2: This year for all the markets and all the movies. You know what it is?
Speaker 4: What's that?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: Back the.
Speaker 2: Mario Brothers.
Speaker 6: Bro Mario Brothers is the only movie this year, but they can count Avatar because it came out in December, So Mary Brothers is the only one that's done a billion dollars.
Speaker 2: Even if this does, it doesn't. It's not a fair assessment.
Speaker 6: Of what the movie situation looks like because it's one. It's one out of how four or five movies comes come out a week.
Speaker 2: We don't go to see any of them. The model is different.
Speaker 6: Now they got thirty days to put it on, but you brought up something with the Pat McAfee thing, because Disney is losing money, right, and it's cost.
Speaker 2: Him a lot of money.
Speaker 6: There's a free agent out there that they keep saying is coming to the network. Oh baby, what do you think Shannon Sharper is worth.
Speaker 4: The real number?
Speaker 2: What's the what do you think the real number?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 6: Because this toss Even Steve Mana says that, like, you know, he wants to bring him to the show. If Pat McAfee is five years eighty five million.
Speaker 3: But Steven A. Smith got like twelve million, so under pay.
Speaker 4: He's under paid.
Speaker 2: Even he's under paid.
Speaker 3: To work, like to work seven days a week, going to Utah, going.
Speaker 5: To for real, they got him do a little cross games and shit, he's running around the running around the globe for I am good Ya Jesus, somebody go Stephen A. Smith on the show.
Speaker 6: We ain't going back to so Lake now man So, uh no, it's gonna be interested to see I'm interested in seeing that, especially when you hear the CEO of the company saying that, Yo, we're losing money. In fact, we got to figure out how we're gonna get this twenty seven billion to get Hulu because that's on the ticket before the end of the year. Then we got to figure out how we're going to pay flats to seventy one million for the search flight deal.
Speaker 3: I mean, like, where are we getting the money? Disney plus too much, they got too much going on.
Speaker 2: I think they're gonna combine Hulo and that was one of the plans, he said.
Speaker 4: And I don't know when what happened, and that's cut you off. But I think one billion.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, seventy one billion, that million.
Speaker 4: Jesus. And guess what.
Speaker 5: Here's a model that I think would be really amazing. Shoot a fifteen million dollar movie. Bring it to me. I'll give you forty sixty percent of the revenue and we keep forty. And if they incentivize mister Beast to do it because he's doing these big ass productions, I think YouTube can end up being one of the biggest movie producers in the next ten years.
Speaker 4: They have a batter. Here's their model.
Speaker 5: I'll pay you after this shit works.
Speaker 4: Not bad, good idea.
Speaker 5: It's only a one percent chance of failure. The way the Hollywood has been doing it. Any accountant will tell you that that is an upside down business. Mind you're running negative, like even if you had a string of like now Marvel and the Rocket isn't working. I knew the movie industry was in trouble when they started talking bad about the Black Adam.
Speaker 4: Flop and wanted to get the Rock out of DC.
Speaker 5: I said, if he can't make their franchise work and him a superman, are not getting it, not getting along.
Speaker 4: It's over with.
Speaker 5: Here's a novel, idea, build something that people want, monetize it after or the creators. Put your own money up and bring it up.
Speaker 2: Actually, there's only a few franchises that work.
Speaker 6: DC's it's a struggle that fast and furious that I but it's just one franchise that.
Speaker 2: They just keep doing over and over and over again. People love it. But that's yeah, just make the product and we'll pay you.
Speaker 3: It's like success. Like the same thing will corporate is the same thing with government. They're all stupid and they're added touch, and they're all the only the only white men, and it's a it's a small demographic of the society that's making rules for everything and they're completely out of touch. Rite the check for investmentest that's a perfect example. If you I don't know why Investvest doesn't have ten million dollars in corporate sponsorships because they're out of touch of what's going on. You get twenty thousand people to come to learn about financial literacy, what else in the world has that actually ever happened? And we got to kind of golden back and forth with pitch decks and because they are out of touch when real mean and it's controlled by a small minority of white men who don't even know what earning leisure is. This is this is what music. This is why the music sounds like it sounds, this is why the content has produced how it is. And it's the same thing over and over again. They're wasting money and they don't know what's what's happening with culture society, and they keep just striking out, and they get afforded luxuries to keep striking out, and they get rehired. They get fired from one company, and then they get hired at another company. And it's a whole network of nonsense and it's been happening forever.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was powered and he's accurate.
Speaker 5: Anyone who thinks this is just as right when I say, hey, we don't have twenty five productive companies, or like why do you guys always talk about Apple and Microsoft because Dura sell is not a great company, so sorry, Like most of the companies that we love are not even here. Samsung is not an American property, Like there's a real we have so much inefficiency and like you said in schooling bureaucracy, government corporate like like the bloat is too much and then it's a slow erosion of our economy as a result. But then the biggest companies could go to other countries that they help build but won't help build us here.
Speaker 4: But what do I know if I made you money?
Speaker 5: Please put yes and chat media businesses are in trouble.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Charlie Man.