Speaker 1: All from Daniel.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, what's up?
Speaker 1: While?
Speaker 2: Yeah, who's who? Dis?
Speaker 1: No way?
Speaker 2: This is Daniel new phone? Who dis you know that I do? I have heard that this is Daniel.
Speaker 1: Huh. Yeah, I didn't even get a call screen. Or is that new?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 2: Have we spoken before, Daniel?
Speaker 1: We have not.
Speaker 2: Oh, well, what's up?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: Is there anything that you wanted to talk about or you just want to free ball it. I'm down to free ball it, but I'm also doing to talk about stuff.
Speaker 1: I've called you thousands and thousands of times, and this is the first time I've gotten thirty. And that's crazy.
Speaker 2: That's that's sweet, man. I got in those thousands and thousands of times you've called me, like I have to imagine I have to imagine you called a thousand times for you had something in mind that was just such a ruminating thought on your mind you had to I.
Speaker 1: Mean, it changes like every day when I call you. Like when I first started calling you early twenty twenty, I was playing No Man Sky and I always wanted to tell you that I played as a gek, which was like the race that I played as. And I didn't know if you knew that was a race on there.
Speaker 2: No I didn't, but that's I heard. The game sucks.
Speaker 1: It does, it's it's a big time suck. But currently I'm living in a house of wayward children while their parents are in jail, and I thought that would be interesting to tell you.
Speaker 2: Dude, what the hell is a wayward child?
Speaker 1: I looked it up that way. I had an answer for you when I knew you would ask that it's a kid that is hard to manage, like unruly, they don't like to listen to direction, stuff like that. But yeah, my cousin's mom is in jail currently, and since then she's been inviting all of her friends to live here, which has grown to six to ten depending on the night. They're all out of high school and just you know, drinking and partying all night. So that's fun.
Speaker 2: Now, why are what's your relation to these kids? Why are you in this house?
Speaker 1: So I moved here after a breakup, and my aunt wasn't in jail when she's when I first got here, but as soon as I got here, she got into some legal trouble and went to jail. So it's my cousins. I live with my two cousins and I'm basically quote unquote the man of the house while she's in jail. But yeah, are my cousins.
Speaker 2: You should pitch this to HBO. This actually sounds pretty good.
Speaker 1: There would be a boring show because all they do is hit their vapes and stare at their phones in the same room. I've walked into a room and they'll all be eight to ten kids will be staring at their phone, not speaking to you each other while like wild music blasts.
Speaker 2: It's funny, right, Euphoria makes it look like everyone's like talking to each other and stuff. But what you described is a little bit more accurate. But you could call it the wayward cousins, which would be an interesting name for something anyway. All right, so it's you. So it's you in a room with and your aunts in jail. So it's so you literally are the like only adult in the house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I work a full time job, so I'm really home. But when I am home, it's there's just a bunch of kids in and out of a kitchen making hamburgers or ramen noodles. I'm drinking twisted teas and asking to hit each other's nicotine.
Speaker 2: And what's the deal with this? Are you like do you have custody of these kids? Are you like their primary Like, do they put you down as their emergency contact when they do the field trips and shit?
Speaker 1: My oldest cousins she's seventeen, so I mean technically I don't I don't know how it works legally, but she she is able to be on her own. Grandparents who live in the same neighborhood have legal custody because this isn't the first time that my aunt's been in legal trouble, so they have like emergency custody over them in the event that something happened to my aunt. So they they're they're around, you know, they buy the groceries and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: So if you get too high, they have legal The grandparents have legal custody over you. Over over there, I wish that.
Speaker 1: Was an option. I get drug tested at my job so I can't smoke currently, which is a huge bummer.
Speaker 2: But all right, So the older cousin is all right, So this two of them, one is seventeen and holds the other one she's fifteen. Okay, all right, are they like now? Now when you say way, that's what's gonna ask. Now when you say way, word like, all right, they're they're aren't they're well, where where are the parents? Uh?
Speaker 1: The dad he lives in the same city, but he's he's got a different wife and kids of his own, and my cousins don't really want to keep too much contact with him unless they need to. And then he's the mom's in jail.
Speaker 2: So yeah, okay, so the dad abandoned the family the mom. The mom is in jail.
Speaker 1: I see it the other way around. The kids kind of abandoned the dad because when when their mom went to jail, the dad wanted them to come live with him, but the kids don't like his wife, so they they'd rather be in a house with me, who they see as like the cool guardian. Because I really don't care as long as they don't wake me up in the middle of the night. I don't really tell them what to do, as long as the house is clean for the most part, the dishes are done, I kind of stay in my room. Why they they're able to do whatever they want.
Speaker 2: So they so they're estranged from their dad just because they don't like his wife. Did the wife like do anything or she just looks weird?
Speaker 1: No, she did what honestly, any parent or me should have done or should do.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: They suggested that they that they wanted. The oldest one drop out of high school and doesn't work or anything. So they suggested that she, you know, get her ged and go get a job. And she's almost a goroaphobic, meaning like she is afraid to leave the house. She doesn't like being a car, so she's, uh, it's a it's a laundry list of things that go with.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I'm like, is this dad like a just a guy who abandoned his family or you or you think he's a good guy.
Speaker 1: He's a good guy. Now he's a good guy. My dad's friends with him, they're you know, he's kind of like my uncle once removed. I guess because he he's not really around to hang out or anything like that. But he's a good guy. He's just like I said, he's got his own kids, and those kids actually want to see him versus his daughters who don't want to see him.
Speaker 2: All right, And what's the mom and the mom? Okay, so the mom, oh, oh, oh your aunt is I got I got mom? I thought there was I thought the aunt. I thought there was an aunt and a mom, and I confused, Yeah, aunt is okay, mom is the aunt? Is their mom? And what what I mean? You don't have to tell me any you know, you don't actually you actually don't have to engage in this conversation. All you can just hang up, but if you want to what did what did she do? Why is she in jail?
Speaker 1: Her ex wife? I don't know if they're even ex wife at this point. They think they're still legally married. She violated a restraining order that she had on her by trying to contact her about their daughter that they had together, and that led to her ex wife going to law enforcement and trying to get her in as much trouble as possible, which worked, I guess, well for almost four months now.
Speaker 2: All right, so your your aunt is lesbian? Yes, and she had it.
Speaker 1: Oh man, that's a story right there. It's not even a story. It's just a really weird scenario.
Speaker 2: That's well, that's really weird because like, I don't think lesbians can have accidental children, Dude, there would have to be a lot of uh in an accident dialed emails for that to happen.
Speaker 1: My aunt got my cousin to donate his sperm to his or to her ex wife, so that because she wanted she wanted the child to have our DNA, our blood. So technically the child is my cousin's daughter. It's it's really that's what I'm saying. It's it's almost incest like. But you know that he donated the sperm to her wife, who isn't related to us at all. But I told him from the beginning not to do it because I knew something like this was gonna happen. They were going to get divorced, or they were gonna split up, or something was gonna happen. And now he's just got this uh DNA child that we we we can't even see in our family. The ex wife won't let us see her. But yeah, you know the all right, that's just running around the world.
Speaker 2: All right, go no further. What's your name again?
Speaker 1: Daniel?
Speaker 2: All right, Daniel're gonna do this very slowly, Okay, all right, I'm gonna I'm gonna here's I'm gonna try to explain it, and then you stop me when I'm wrong. Yeah, your cousin, who is your aunt's ex husband? Bins?
Speaker 1: Uh, my aunt, My aunt is one of four sisters.
Speaker 2: It's one of four sisters, got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so one of her sister's children is my cousin.
Speaker 2: Okay, so your cousin from another aunt, ye is it?
Speaker 1: Guy?
Speaker 2: And he jizzed in a cup and used it to impregnate your aunt's ex wife.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean not directly impregnator, but yeah, ages in a cup and then probably gave it to someone who uh inmated her.
Speaker 2: Okay. So so so it's a little it's so it feels a little bit ancestral, but it's kind of not because it's like, yeah, it's your aunt family DNA going into her ex wife's vagina.
Speaker 1: Right on paper, it's it's definitely not incest, but from like you know, word of mouth, it definitely sounds a little ancestry, is Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean when you just when you just kind of put it all together, when you when you slow it down, it makes sense. But when you say it impregnated my aunt, it's yeah, it sounds a little incesty. Okay, Now why did why? Why did? Why was there a restraining order?
Speaker 1: There was a a physical interaction that got because they were split up when I moved in and then the ex wife came back to the house to get some of her stuff and that cause, like I guess she was grabbing stuff that wasn't so that caused my aunt to get physical with her. And then cut to like a week later, my aunt pulled out the ex wife's roommate out of a car on the on like the road and like assaulted her, like beat her ass. And so that that's why she's in jail. But the restraining order is because I mean, anyone can go get a restraining order on anybody. You know, I could, I don't know you, but I can, you know, go get a restraining order on you. And you know, we would say it would be hard to explain that I want to get a restraining order on a random get go that I don't actually know.
Speaker 2: But this all you know what this is all sounding a fairy away word for sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 2: So now all right, So the the the cousins, the fifteen and sixteen year olds, they don't they don't like the dad because the wife is telling it, because the dad's wife is telling them that to like get a job and stuff.
Speaker 1: Get a job, yep.
Speaker 2: And do they like the mom? Are they like? Yeah, Mom's badass because she fights ladies.
Speaker 1: Like their mom. Uh, she's considered the cool mom. She's considered the cool aunt of the family. She's you know, smoking weed, she does mushrooms in the woods. Uh. She works from home. So she's just constantly high. Like she's she's considered the cool aunt. But she's at the same time, she's considered the uh uh what's the word she's she's not present with their children. She doesn't make her kids do anything. You know, I'm not judging her parenting style, but like your kids should definitely like have some kind of direction or and.
Speaker 2: So okay, so and she went to jail and she just called you in to clean up.
Speaker 1: I moved here. I moved here from a different town, a different city after a breakup, and I was living with my grandparents, like I said, in the same neighbor as my aunt and cousins. And then after this happened, I moved in with my cousins to Linda helping hand to be the adult in the air in the house.
Speaker 2: This really would be a cool show, Like there would be there'd be a cool scene where like you go to meet at a diner with the with the with the dad and you're like and the dad's wife is like, why won't they just like I can imagine different actors playing all these people. You're like this the dad kind of I mean, I know he's dead, but your dad, the dad could be like James Gandolphine.
Speaker 1: Did you say the dad is dead?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, no, the dad's not No. I said he's the I said James Gandolphini is dead. But I don't know. The dad might be dead. I don't know you and this could all be a lie. But how old are you? I'm twenty eight, You're twenty eight? Okay? So are you? Just like taking are you?
Speaker 1: Are you?
Speaker 2: Is any part of you? Like fuck this? I don't want to deal with this, or you're you're really.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay. They wake me up almost They wake me up almost every night between eleven o'clock and two o'clock in the morning, being loud, and I try to I don't try. I do, I don't. I don't leave my room to yell at them because I don't want to be seen as like a bad guy. So I'll text my cousin and be like, hey, it's too late, and you turn it down, and nine times out of ten she'll do it. Instantly and like, oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't realize we'll being that loud. So it's not that big of a problem. But I'm counting down in the day until i leave this this city. I got a hundred.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is where I was going to ask, and this is not. And look, the answer could be love for these two, you're for your cousins or whatever the fuck.
Speaker 3: But.
Speaker 2: What is stopping you from getting out of the air? What is what is stopping you from getting out of there?
Speaker 1: Money mostly, and then somewhere to go. So I'm saving up money as much as possible. I'm in the next six months, I plan to have at least twelve grand saved up. My savings is laughable. And then in the next six months, my best friend's moving to Kansas City and he offered for me to come with him, and it's illegal to smoke there, and I can get a job and smoke with no problem. So that's that's the plan, the plan, so I got.
Speaker 2: The see. See. Another reason this would be a great TV show is because our main character has this great goal that you can really root for, which is that he wants to move to Kansas City and get high.
Speaker 1: I don't ask for much. I want a very simple life.
Speaker 2: I would absolutely root for you in trying to fix this family so you can move to Kansas City and get high and what the only thing stopping you is so let me all right, So I guess let's let's say you did have twelve thousand dollars and like, I mean, what are these kids they're like it's they're not like little kids, you know, they're fucking yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's twenty one.
Speaker 2: It's totally totally not your problem at all. It's the I mean, it's it's it's it's these the fucking parents. But does any part is it, like, is any part of you? Like like, when you leave, is any party You're gonna be like a ship? You know. I hope. I wish I could help to those kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, they're my family and I love them, but I I've already come to the realization that there's not a lot that I can do or that like whatever I say, I don't think they would like take in and use that and you know, change their life around. So I'm I've already I'm comfortable with our relationship and when I leave, like, yeah, I'll miss them and stuff like that. But they're gonna be fine, or they're gonna hopefully my aunt at a jail by then. If not, then you know, my grandparents will step in and start taking care of them more. I don't know, but it's like you said, it's not it's not really my problem. I'm doing what I can right now.
Speaker 2: What's your mom's do.
Speaker 1: My mom lives in Virginia and she's retired military with her husband who's current military. There. Uh, picture perfect family, my stepdad and her.
Speaker 2: Why don't you.
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 2: Like fucking I got it right.
Speaker 1: I got a job here working at an animal shelter that pays really really well, and I love it for the most part. And so the job that I have, which I probably could transfer to another animal shelter that's probably not that hard to do. But I don't have to pay rent here. I don't have to. I got very small amount of bills, so I'm in a position to where I can save up and plan, you know, six months down the road. And like I said, I just got out of a relation, a four year relationship, and so moving here was kind of like an escape. I was living with her, so I was like I gotta I gotta leave the city. So like here, I'm not being pressed by my parents. I'm more or less on my own other than, like you said, the Euphoria kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you also get the benefit of every once in a while one of the kids will let you take a little hit of their vape, which is nice.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, I mean I don't. I'll never buy cigarettes or vapes again. But that's because I don't have to. If I just want to hit someone's vape, I go out.
Speaker 2: You don't ask everyone. As long as you as long as you have a bunch of high schoolers hanging out in your house, you never have to my share threts again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I don't feel bad about it because I'm not hanging out with the kids, so it's like, you know, I'm not. I'm just kinda there. If I was hanging out with these are my friends, and I'd be like, all right, this is a little this is kind of weird.
Speaker 2: Well you're really you're really living it up, man. Congratulations. I hope you live. I hope, I expe I hope if I ever come to Kansas City, I want to get high there too and be like, yeah, I'm living that guy who I talk to living his dream right now.
Speaker 1: Know, once I'm able to like plan for like going to shows and stuff like that, I'm definitely gonna try to go to one of your shows. And I'll go in a purple a purple lizard outfit, so you know it's me and.
Speaker 2: I've tried to find that. You're not gonna be able to find.
Speaker 1: That really okay, by the.
Speaker 2: Way, By the way, by the way, I'll know it's you. I can tell what you look like already.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: Thanks, Okay, one question you have, who would you have played me in my show? If you know what I look like? Who would you have me play?
Speaker 2: Oh? You know that guy a mer from college humor?
Speaker 1: No, I okay, I'll look him up as soon as I get off the phone with you. And I don't know if I'm going to be like, uh like like you said, I don't know if that's gonna be a compliment or not.
Speaker 2: So I think you look like.
Speaker 1: All right, Well we'll find out what that means.
Speaker 2: What's your name again, Daniel? Daniel? Is anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 1: Keep calling? Don't give up, because, like I said, I've called you thousands of times and super super happy they finally got to talk to you. Uh. I want to give a shout out to my best friend Chavitz. That's not his real name, but that's what I call him. But I'm gonna tell him to watch this or listen to it, and.
Speaker 2: Chavis, your friend move in with you.
Speaker 1: Oh he he will. I really appreciate talking to you, man, I'm a big fan. I've literally listened to you since the beginning. Yeah, you're great the help man, You're big.
Speaker 2: Help Thanks man. Thanks man. I'm gonna manifest you move into Kansas City and get hot. I'm gonna manifest everyone listening to this moving to if everyone listening to this just formed a big commune in Kansas City where you can probably buy a plot of land for you know, what, if if all the if, all the people, dude, if all the people who listen to this podcast each can try we did one dollar, we could buy a plot of land in in Kansas City and just live on it and get high. We don't even have to build a house. We can just make a little tent or something. It doesn't rain. The tent city, tent City, tent City in Kansas Gecko Tent City in Kansas City, Missouri. All right, I take care, man.
Speaker 1: You could thank you so much.
Speaker 2: That place would smell like shit. No offense. Hello, Hi, who is this?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 2: This is Jade. Tell me, tell me what's up? Jade? What is it you wanted to talk about today? On the on the Stupid Gecko Podcast.
Speaker 4: On the Stupid Gecko Podcast. Okay, so recently my life has kind of been slipped upside down. I was kicked out by my partner like two weeks ago, and kind of I'm just figuring it out. He like financially supported me and everything, so I kind of just I'm here trying to find a job. I'm living with a friend and like rediscovering myself. It's pretty crazy and scary.
Speaker 2: Okay, how old are you? I'm twenty four, you're twenty four? Okay? How long were you with this guy you were living with?
Speaker 4: We've been together for like five years but only married for two.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: How how long had had he been financially supporting you for?
Speaker 4: For the entire time?
Speaker 2: So he'd been financially supporting you since you were nineteen?
Speaker 4: Pretty much? Yeah, I was in school and in a really bad family situation, and so he kind of like let me move in and let me use his car and all of these things. While I was finishing my degrees, and I, as someone who was coming from like a very unstable background, I was like, yes, this sounds great, give me a break from like feeling stressed and like finally feeling secure.
Speaker 2: And what what did you study in school?
Speaker 4: I studied social work.
Speaker 2: Did he pay your tuition or did you go into debt for that? No?
Speaker 4: I did not. I definitely have a lot of student loans.
Speaker 2: Okay, did you graduate, Yes.
Speaker 4: I have a bachelor' seen a master's degree.
Speaker 2: When when did you get your master's degree?
Speaker 4: I got my master's degree when I was twenty one.
Speaker 2: Okay, And so did you get a For the past three years, have you had had a job at all?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 4: I had. I actually was working as a therapist and burnt out really fast because I was not really taking care of myself and I was coming right from school and I was kind of jumping into this position where I had like zero guidance, and so I kind of had a big breakdown in like January of twenty twenty one, and my mental health kind of went down. The drain, and I just was trying to recover for like an entire year, and then recently I've just been working part time.
Speaker 2: What are you doing part time?
Speaker 4: I'm a nanny?
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, that's yeah, that's like that's the purest form of social work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, for sure. I definitely like I can still use it on my resume that I've been giving to everyone and putting out there and it still looks good, like it's still so what.
Speaker 2: What what went What went wrong? That's a tongue twister. What went wrong? What went wrong with your partners?
Speaker 4: Well? I kind of decided to blow up our marriage by speaking to someone else just in a grab for attention, and he found out about it.
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 4: I didn't sleep with anyone, but I was definitely like messaging this person on like social media and like just flirting with them. I it was not really like anything to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So he found out about that and was very upset. But I would say that our relationship was kind of going down the drain for a while and we probably shouldn't have like even gotten married.
Speaker 2: Well, it sounds like you felt like you weren't getting adequate enough attention from him. And it was causing you to want to seek attention elsewhere.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure, and define why was it? Thought, but I take accountability of my actions.
Speaker 2: Why was it going downhill? Even before that?
Speaker 4: I think just based upon like the relationship that we had and how I was completely like codependent on him and he was very completely codependent on me in a lot of ways, and we just didn't really have our own identities at all.
Speaker 2: Mhm. It sounds I was going to say this. I honestly was thinking this from the very beginning. When you said he was financially supporting you. I mean, it sounds like it's absolutely for the best that you guys are not doing your thing anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, look, especially if he was, I mean, I I don't know, man, I guess I get it. If you it sounds like you came from a rougher family background, Yeah for sure.
Speaker 4: Just yeah, I feel like I've I'm not trying to like make myself sound like a victim or anything, but I definitely like I feel like I struggled my whole life in a lot of ways.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not about it's not about you know, a label of victim or perpetrateor or anything like that. It's just is life. Yeah, Okay, so do you still talk to this guy or when's the last time?
Speaker 4: So yeah, So it was like last Monday or a few Mondays ago, he kicked me out. I went to my best friend's house where I'm staying, and he decided like immediately that we were going to get a divorced without speaking to me, and had almost like signed all the paperwork, and then we went and sat down and talked and talked and talked and talked and talked for hours and hours and hours and kind of came to the conclusion that we are just going to be separated for a month and have no contact.
Speaker 2: Okay, how long ago is that?
Speaker 4: That was only about a week ago, and it's definitely been like pretty hard. I didn't realize that I was like such a co dependent person until I like had to not see my person.
Speaker 2: So you guys decided that you were going to get separate, so you're legally what legally separated, and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I'm not going to talk for a month. Yeah, just to kind of find ourselves and figure out like what we actually want in the relationship, because it was like we're not blind in some ways.
Speaker 2: Do you anticipate that you're going to want to get back together with this guy or even that he will want to get back together with you.
Speaker 4: I don't know, and that is I guess. I know that you don't give couples advice or relationship advice, but I mean possibly, just like discussing this could help me process if I want to or if I want to just like cut it off clean. I'm just not really sure. And it feels like every day away from him is super different, where like I'm struggling crying all day and then like the next day, I'm like, I'm an independent boss, bitched, I can do this. I just like, you know, I don't know, hustling and stuff. So it just like changes every day. But I think that where we left was that he needed to figure out if he could trust me again, and I needed to figure out what I needed in a relationship.
Speaker 2: That sounds f I mean, look, man, I have my thought. I don't like telling the whole like, oh, I don't know if you give a relationship advice thing. I just you know, I've realized I've actually been doing a lot and this is kind of genius on my behalf is I'll say I don't like telling people what to do, which is true, but then I'll tell people what to do and also sometimes kind of enjoy doing that.
Speaker 4: That's okay, I'm here for it.
Speaker 2: This is why I call it pretty genius. It's pretty genius. I mean, I know, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I try to get through this podcast without telling people what to do as much as possible. But like, I mean, dude, all right, what's your what's your dream? What's your name again, Jade? What's your dream in life? Jade?
Speaker 4: And that is something that I don't know at all. I used to think that it was helping people, okay, and I feel like maybe in my future it is, but I think I was very much too giving of myself and so, like you now, I'm focusing on like what fills me up. I think my dream is maybe like being a musician, but I've never really like believed that I could do that.
Speaker 2: All right, So I mean a few thoughts, and I'm sure these are all things you've thought about before. Is your boyfriend is wondering whether or not he can trust you, which is a good thing for him to be wondering, because you know, if you really like him. You understand that he does deserve to be with somebody that he can trust, and in that understanding, would understand that you might not be the best person for him at this time and all, so that a relationship and also he might he's not probably not the best person for you if the relationship was so unsatisfying for you that you felt the need to, you know, find attention in other places. Yeah, at first glance, not really knowing a lot about you, not really knowing a lot about him, this seems like it was a good thing for both of you, guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I agree for sure.
Speaker 2: Okay, So and and look, people are emotional and make stupid decisions plenty, and so I'm not going to say that you're undeserving of love or happiness ever again for the rest of your life at the age of twenty four. But you're in a moment right now where I think you should focus on yourself. I mean, you've been with this guy who's it's been financially supporting you for six years, just six years, right, five years?
Speaker 4: Six years whatever, Yeah, it's like five coming on, it's a long time.
Speaker 2: It's like you're you're gonna be a lot it's gonna it'll be it's gonna be difficult. It's a difficult transition, but I think you'll be a lot happier if you go on the journey of building a genuine agency in your own life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, for sure. Yeah, I agree with everything that you're saying. I think my emotions just like getting the way, and same with him, Like when we're together, he's like, I just weird, like still in love, but also just like it doesn't feel like we're compatible because yeah, like I said, like I don't know if we even like should have gone through with marriage or any of those things like that.
Speaker 2: I mean, here's the thing, and here's the thing. I genuinely believe that different things make and this is why this is my this is why I don't like telling people what to do. Is because different things make different people happy. They just do for some there are there are I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who got married when they were twenty one and they're still together at at thirty two and are really happy. And there's also plenty of people out there that got married at twenty one and are just fucking absolutely miserable. And so and I don't know the difference between those two couples. I don't know what that X factor is. So some things that work for some people don't work for other people. But I mean, in talking to you specifically, I think like it seems as though you didn't get that much of a chance to develop yourself as as a person on your own.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And also it wasn't like you were stoked in this relationship. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I definitely feel like at least the last like nine months have been not great in that relationship, and there were like multiple times that I asked for what I needed and did not get that. So I definitely also feel like I don't know if I could enter back into that because I feel like I've also like grieved the relationship in the last like eight months. Okay, so I felt all of those emotions.
Speaker 2: What is it that you wanted to Are there any things I'm besides just having sex with other people that you wanted to do while you were in a relationship that you didn't do or haven't done.
Speaker 4: Yeah for sure, Yeah, for sure. I mean just in general, like my I guess we could say like ex partner now, he was like he's pretty like introverted, like homebody kind of thing. It like I was definitely like the person who was like playful and like let loose and I just like sometimes don't want to frolic in a fucking field and he's looking over down for that ever, it's like I want to have fun in my relationship and not always like be serious or be the one initiating that fun. That was definitely like a big thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, uh, what what are some like manifesting What are some ways that you can now manifest that in your life? And I'm by manifest I mean like things you can do that are manifestations of your outgoingness, you know, like do you want to do you want to travel places? Do you want to go to the club? I don't know, just and anything at all that devolves putting yourself out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think just like letting my I found that I have. I come from a back room with like a lot of religion and stuff, and so I feel like I have a lot of just comfort, just like being in my body and moving my body. So I've actually been getting into dancing, which is like not like me, I don't like that, but now I do because I'm discovering like it's okay to move your body and it's okay to be comfortable in your body, and you don't have to do like hiding that and it's not like an inherently like sexualized thing. So definitely that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you know, do you know the macarena?
Speaker 4: No, I don't.
Speaker 2: Nobody's ever sexual. I don't think the macarena. I think is probably one of the least sexual dances that exist in the uh in the in the dance lexicon. But anyway, what else anything else?
Speaker 4: I want to start riding horses again, and something that I did when I was a kid.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I.
Speaker 4: Can afford it, because course they're so expensive, but like, I just want to do it once just to like, I don't know, going back and like doing things that I used to love and just kind of have not done anymore. Same with like music stuff, Like I literally have a keyboard, I just don't use it. So I guess doing all of these things that I've wanted to do for so long.
Speaker 2: Well, so then it sounds like you it sounds like just leave this guy alone and go figure out your own life.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, And that's the advice I've definitely been getting I again think it's just like really hard with emotions and like especially if he like decides he wants to work it out and he's willing to like work on these things that I've been asking for for like the whole relationship, Like I'm I want to be with that person, like because that.
Speaker 2: Is his I don't know, you know, I don't know if the look if the guy can't I'm trying to think about this. I mean, if the guy came to te back to you and was like, hey, I know there's been some problems and I want to work it out. I don't I don't know. I don't know this. This is why I'm not going to tell you what to do because okay, and listen, here's the thing. People are listening to this are gonna be like, you know, fuck you. But and then another person's going to comment under the person who wrote fuck you. Then they're gonna write noble fuck you. And everyone's gonna argue. But at the end at the but at the end of the day, not me or anyone listening to that knows what's gonna make you or this guy happy. Yes, but I got a hunch that you guys should just go live your own fucking lives.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, for sure. And then like we did an accident, will check in like one weekend where like he called me and I was like, oh no, it isn't an emergency, and he's like, I'm doing really well, and I was like, that's good. I like to hear that. So yeah, maybe you're right. Maybe that's like a sign that like he's doing well, I'm doing well, Like we can both do well, just separately.
Speaker 2: What's your name again, Jade? Jade? Is there any else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 4: I don't know. Just listen to your gut instincts and be.
Speaker 3: True to yourself.
Speaker 2: I have a good night, Jane.
Speaker 4: Thanks you do.
Speaker 2: For some reason, whenever I ask people, uh, if there's anything else they want to say, they always end with advice. Why I why not? Like I want a good next Hey, if you're listening to this and you ever call in and you ever hear me, say, do you have anything else you want to say to the people of the computer, don't do it. Don't don't give any advice, say something, do something cool, like even just like a give me like a go Ravens or something. I don't know. There's too much advice on this show. Uh more post call thoughts. Uh Look, people listening to this are gonna have their ideas of no, you shouldn't do this, and you shouldn't do that, and I have my ideas of that as well. But I think the one thing, after talking to so many different people and both onto this show and in real life, is that you just is exactly what I said. Different things make different people happy, and people's brain chemistries are wired differently, and I sort of think that, you know, if I'm on the phone with somebody and I'm talking to them for a long time, I can, you know, you can get an idea of maybe how they are wired, and once you have that information, form an idea of what might work well for them based on the information you have about them as a person. But then also you got you got people who are being like, well, no, they're brainwashed, and sometimes they are and sometimes they are. And I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't know anything. All right, Hey guys, it's Lyle here. I'm about to do some ad reads. But if you're a premium member of the podcast, you will not hear them. Premium members, or gek Legends, as I like to call them, get access to every episode of this podcast ad free. They also get bonus episodes, recordings for my live shows, members only streams, and they support my ability to keep doing this show for a long time, do it in cooler, more interesting places, and also eat food, which is important. If any of that sounds cool to you, you can go to Therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com to become a gek Legend, or find the link in the episode description. All right, let's do some ads.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 2: Who's this?
Speaker 3: Justin?
Speaker 2: Justin? What's going on?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: It's going alright? I actually feel pretty good right now in this moment. Dude, it's okay if it's not. But is there anything in particular you want to talk about?
Speaker 3: Well? Nothing, nothing in particular. Just been listening to the stream and this is the first time I caught alive. One figured i'd call in.
Speaker 2: Well do you say? Your name is Jason?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Justin? Okay, But you know what, I'm not. I'm not even gonna I'm not gonna try anymore. Just Jay, What's what are you doing right now? What did you do today?
Speaker 3: What did I do today? I went to work today and took a nap, took a good nap today, and it's been about it.
Speaker 2: What do you do for?
Speaker 3: What do you do today?
Speaker 2: I'm a plumber, You're a plumber. What doll I do? Let's see what the fuck did I do today? I woke up, I edited something, I spent a lot of time setting up my little super cast page thing. I ate some chicken and rice. I had deep existential thoughts about if I need to change the way that I live every day, and then I abandoned those thoughts because they would have required me to overhaul my brain chemistry and habitual nature to make a change, which is too intimidating a task to even begin to face.
Speaker 1: And I.
Speaker 2: Looked at Reddit instead and saw that Timothy Shalome and Kylie Jenner are now dating, and that me and me looking at that image is a part of my life forever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, it's a shame when things like that come up and then you're just kind of stuck with that burned into your brain.
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, what's the last image that you feel like you saw that really burned in your brain? Oh?
Speaker 3: My wife, he's watching the vander Pump Show, and it drives me absolutely insane. So every rules, yeah, I just yeah, I can't see that kind of stuff. Just yeah to me, it's brain rot, you.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah, yeah, my just I think my sister used to watch it. My fam My sister and my dad are both very into reality TV. But I've never been a fan. What what was the latest thing you saw on vander Pump Rules.
Speaker 3: It was like some dudes he's like talking with the lady about some wine or some shit like that, and I said, can you turn there's ship off? And she goes to be a little nicer about it.
Speaker 2: That's that's That's an episode of that is exactly what an episode of vander Pump Rules is like, is some lady is talking to some fucking guy about some wine. But yet but you know it's funny is when I think about these kinds of things, is I would never, like you would, I would never watch that show. And I'm not saying that like to be cool, because like, I would never watch that show, but I respect it because thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands of people do watch that show, do find enjoyment in it, And that's actually abuse. That's actually inspiring to me, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, there's there's certain shows in that that realm that I would watch, but that is one that I just can't get behind. You know, back in the day a Jersey Shore, I definitely found myself watching episodes, but this vander Pump it is just not something I can get behind.
Speaker 2: What shows do you watch?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, we've been going for a little wholesome lately, and I've been watching some Ted Lasso, you know, try and uplift my mood and you know, just get some nice, nice wholesome feels in What is Ted?
Speaker 2: I keep seeing it? What the hell is Ted?
Speaker 3: Last?
Speaker 2: So? I know it's got that guy in it who's in stuff.
Speaker 3: It's it's a guy who's just kind of like a just a good old guy who was a football coach and then he went to coach soccer overseas and someone really likes him because he's just, you know, an American football coach and knows nothing about soccer and just a lot of like cheesy, feel good type stuff in it.
Speaker 2: You know, Okay, is there? Should I watch it?
Speaker 3: And it was good right off the bat. I'm slowly fading out of it, though I don't know if that's what I'm getting stuck back in the scrolling on my home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, scrolling on your phone is compelling. Scrolling on your phone is compelling. I was thinking about that. I might have talked about this before. But I have a friend who told me that he will watch TikTok intentionally, which all which blew my mind. And what okay, And what I mean by that is when you TV. I'm trying to go like, I'm trying to get behind, like, what's the difference betwet teens spending time watching TV and spending time scrolling through TikTok? And I think it's about the intention because you sit down, you pick ted Lasso and you sit and you watch and it's like you, You're it feels like you when you're watching it, you like made that decision to sit down and watch it. Whereas you find yourself on TikTok learning the details about with the Shallomet and Kylie Jenner and you're you're now, you're now, you're in this loop that you didn't even you're not even you're not behind the wheel of this. But I had a friend who said they'll watch TikTok until he'll be like, I'm blocking out an hour to sit down and watch TikTok? Who the fuck does that? You could? That actually could be productive. You could sit there. You could sit there and take notes. You could take note. There's like people there actually is a lot. I mean, there's a lot of bullshit then you know, Candy Crush, Family Guy clip shit. But this is people talking about valuable stuff on there. And if you actually, if you sat there and like whatever, took notes or something, you actually probably learn something. But that's not how that works really.
Speaker 3: No, Well, I guess it depends on the type of scroll and you're doing. I don't normally whip out a notepacket paper when I'm getting some deep scrolling in. Yeah, that'd be But if I did, I could be really gathering some some good information.
Speaker 2: Okay, you watched Ted last, I just watch I just watched like Family Guy in south.
Speaker 3: Park, little the classics there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't remember. I don't remember the last time I got it. I really got deep into, uh, like a drama series or something. There's this one TV one TV.
Speaker 3: Show usually just rewatching old shows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wait, what are you? What are you rewatching?
Speaker 3: I'd go to for me, he's always Entourage. Entourage is just a classic that I could just throw on. Gotta get back in.
Speaker 2: That's cool. You know what I watched recently this is kind of I watched the pilot of Curb Your Enthusiasm where he stand up. Yeah, the pilot, the one where he's putting on a stand up special. It's pretty good. There's this one TV show it's not even really it's not even really like a TV show, but this is one TV show that I've been showing everyone, like, every time I meet a new person, I'll show it to them. I found it's a It's the coolest thing I've ever seen. It's called Off the Air. I don't know if I've talked about it on here before, but it's on HBO Max. It's an adult swim show and it's this like compilation of video art. It's all centered around one theme, so there be there'll be like a color episode, and you know, ten different artists make videos about color and they're kind of collaged together. It's like, if you're an adult swim fan, it's like the coolest adult swim thing. Ude.
Speaker 3: Adult swim was one of those things for me. Like as a kid when you throw that on late night, it was like, all right, we're getting into some shit right now, Like Robot Chicken comes out around twelve to thirty, shit hitting the fan.
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a great It's a It used to come on at like four o'clock in the morning, but check that out off the air, it's on YouTube, it's on HBO. But I'm all right, sore, are you going to get a divorce?
Speaker 3: Dude? I've been only married two months now, so probably not yet, you know, going to try and ride this out for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I almost. I'm wondering. I'm like, it's two months too soon to get a divorce? Or are you kind of cutting it off? I don't think it gets.
Speaker 3: Headline on that. You know, you just kind of know like you're either in or you're out.
Speaker 2: Do how do you feel to feel in?
Speaker 3: I'm in, you know. I think that's why I went through the whole, you know, marriage process. I think that was kind of like the testament to me being in.
Speaker 2: You know, were you one hundred percent sure? I was a.
Speaker 3: Thousand percent sure, but you know, after ten years, you know it was it was the right decision. To be made.
Speaker 2: That's fucking cool man. How old are you?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: I also biased at all. You know. I have the view of, hey, yes, I want to be with this girl for the rest of my life. But I don't fully agree with I think marriage is or or what it is now. It's not about just being with that person. It's a whole money grab from all these people, like, oh, you got to buy this ring, you gotta buy that ring, you gotta rent this place, you got to spend all this money. You know, crazy craziness.
Speaker 2: But is your wife? Is your wife into that? Does your wife? Does your wife want like a real dream wedding and a nice ring and just does she like nice things?
Speaker 3: Well, it wasn't about that, like the nice ring and stuff.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say.
Speaker 3: I would say it was more just you know, having that special day together with us and our family. You know. I think that's that's the which. You know, that part I did enjoy, But all this time and effort leading up to it, boom gone like that. Yeah, happy face, the day is over.
Speaker 2: You seem happy? Sort of?
Speaker 3: I am. I'm pretty happy most of the time, but that comes with a certain days, you know, marriage or not. I think that's just a personal thing I deal with. How old are you, man, I'm twenty nine.
Speaker 2: Twenty okay cool?
Speaker 3: How old are you? Cool? Cool?
Speaker 2: I'm twenty five, okay cool.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that's uh, that's about it. You know, I've been dealing with life and you know, taking it, taking it day by day, you know what I mean, trying to make the most of each day.
Speaker 2: That's cool. Did you what did you? Did you?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: I allow to see this before we go. Do you do you feel like you made the most of this day?
Speaker 3: Uh? Well, it took like a three hour nap, so I would say no. But I was kept feeling pretty sick. I think I got a chest infection. I went to a concert and I think I got sick there.
Speaker 2: What concert.
Speaker 1: Was?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 2: Let me guess, guess, Let me guess. I was gonna ask. Was it? Was it a ted Lasso concert?
Speaker 3: No, it was about a ted Lasso concert. It was some forty one simple plan in the offspring. It was sick?
Speaker 2: Well, what was it worth getting sick?
Speaker 3: Oh? I went with my brothers and it was badass. What if you both? What? What if I die? Well, I'll die with a great memory of being at a concert with my brothers.
Speaker 2: I like this fucking guy. I like this fucking guy. What's I like this guy? Justin? Yeah, okay, all right, see I remember your name. See that's that's actually that that's you want to hear the truth, Justin. I'll only tell I'm actually gonna cut off the broadcast and well, I'll just tell you this. I if I like you, I'll remember your name.
Speaker 3: Hey, I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: No, I'm kidding.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: You don't like me, I get it, man, It's all good, dude, I don't. I'm still deciding if I like you. I guess too.
Speaker 2: Well, Jason is going to say to the people of the computer before we.
Speaker 3: Go, live every day like it's your last, because you never know if you're gonna die.
Speaker 2: What did you your wife just yet?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I just heard your wife yell something.
Speaker 3: What did you say?
Speaker 2: What your wife just yelled something?
Speaker 3: What you said you took a dapth today like I'm living every day like my last.
Speaker 2: That's cool, all right. You take take care of Justin.
Speaker 3: Go go go kill a bird, all right, man, have a good one, dude.
Speaker 2: Take care.
Speaker 3: The rep can goes on the line, taking your phone calls every.
Speaker 2: Night the repcon goes to and his night's teaching you cloud in the middle of your life. But he's not really an expert.