Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data. Let's take a look at some of the stocks on the move today.
Speaker 1: We're joined by bloombergs Isabell Lee Isabelle.
Speaker 2: What are you looking at?
Speaker 1: Caterpillar? So we have the stock seeing some pressure. Now it's edging slightly lower by just two tenths of one percent. So here's another company that presented dual outcomes. So first, Caterpillar said they expect slightly lower sales this year if tariffs remain in place and the economy dips into a recession in the second half. So this guidance came in line with previous expectations. The second one is without tariff, so the company said profit would be at the top end of that range, would sales little change from last year. So for the quarter, the company posted earnings that fell short of estimates. So Caterpillar is a bell weather for the health of the economy. I mean, it's uncertainty to really just cost some angst in Wall Street, because if you're struggling to forecast what demand might look like for the rest of the year, and you're a heavy equipment equipment maker, then that just makes it harder for the rest of us.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, Starbucks down seven percent, but well off the loads.
Speaker 1: Of the session in an overnight trading as well. Everyone. Since we got that consumer data, the spending done and income data, things have been recovering a bit, recovering a bit. I think the word for Starbucks is really progress. So we have the CEO saying that the coffee chain is making progress and reviving growth, but of course flagging sales in the latest quarter is really adding to the pressure. We have the new Wish CEO, Brian Nicol saying, point black, the results were disappointing, but he said under the hood, we're seeing progress and we know that. Ever since he took the helm in September last year, he's made some changes. He's streamlined the menu. He's made sure that there won't be any long lines, especially if you order in store, because I think for a while it was the people ordering online that we're getting their priority. But still a fun fact or not so fun fact is from September last year to now, the stock has edged lower by fifteen percent, but still maybe it's too early to judge. We have Morgan Stanley, Ram and Jimsuisquihana, though cutting their price.
Speaker 2: Targets double short mocha.
Speaker 1: That's my that's your favorite? Was there like chocolate sauce on that? Yes? I think basically hot chocolate with a couple of shots espresso.
Speaker 2: It's basically how about you? Do you have a go to order as well?
Speaker 1: I like Cafe Mocha. So I know some people they like to snub Starbucks, but I like Starbucks because all over the world it tastes the same. Yes, I get it tastes the same. Yes, yea, no matter where you are. That's if I do something.
Speaker 2: I'll do that all right?
Speaker 1: Uh Snap Snap shares are edging lower by sixteen percent, that's them sins at least August, so they narrowly beat revenue estimates, but they declined to issue a sales forecast, so again, like many others, they cite macroeconomic headwinds and the acts again in Wall Street, was evident. We have Morgan Stanley saying that their decision to pull their guidance this early speaks to how business is slightly in worse shape than previously thought. So that's a little bit of a strong word there. We have Goggenheimer and James City cutting their price targets. But it's not just snap. I mean many companies are really just struggling how to make sense of this environment. Porsche warned of shrinking profit margins. Jet Bluepool that's full your outlook in GM with your earnings guidance so to becoming a trend.
Speaker 2: The Stockmovers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.