Speaker 1: Transmitting, hey, thanks for being here. More in studio money, Tracy Lawrence coming up, nineties country.
Speaker 2: Superstar o'bi in studio.
Speaker 1: I have the top ten most popular TV shows right now, right this second, and so you're basically just trusting these streamers that give you accurate data, which I don't have to. But top ten, number ten, I don't know it. It's called Eric Limited Series on Netflix. A puppeteer clings to his missing Sun's drawings, convinced that if he can get Eric on TV, his Sun will soon come. Oh that's interesting.
Speaker 3: I started that a while ago, now that you say it, and I didn't even make it through episode one.
Speaker 1: But oh, you have to have anything a full episode?
Speaker 2: Yeah, why did you watch it?
Speaker 1: Okay, save it for Tuesday reviews Day, all right, save it Tuesday reviews Day.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: I like the concept. I saw a like the trailer the intro to some show on Netflix about superheroes and London. I love superheroes, and like they do have these now they're called like, I don't know almost My wife has had enough of me watching superhero stuff and so we didn't watch it. But it apparently got such great reviews on Rotten Tomatoes that they like released it nationally. Anybody know what I'm talking about? No, yeah, British show.
Speaker 2: Have you seen it? You watch a show.
Speaker 1: I saw the trailer for it, but I haven't started eating.
Speaker 2: The kids like eating.
Speaker 1: It goes super fast. Yeah, okay, Well I don't know a thing about it, so we suck. Number nine in the Mole season two on Netflix. I remember the old mold Anderson Cooper. I don't watch any games. Yeah, I don't watch any games. Dark Matter season one on Apple. Awesome already reviewed this. I don't need to say it for Tuesday Reviews Day. It's so good. It's about this dude who's a scientist, but then he's a teacher and he's just teaching living his life and it's like other dimensions.
Speaker 2: Oh man, oh boy.
Speaker 1: It's the number eight overall. His name is Jason. He is abducted into an alternate version of his life. It's amazing. My wife and I loved it. Okay, I loved it, and she could stand Number seven Your Honor Season one. I watched this on Showtime back in again, like twenty twenty. I watched it like two episodes of quit.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 5: I finished the whole thing. It's awesome.
Speaker 1: Okay, I should I give it a chance again. Brian Cranston is a judge, a respected son. Judge's son is involved in a hit and run. Then he I'm gonna read the rest of the preview right here.
Speaker 2: But that's just.
Speaker 5: Good at the end.
Speaker 1: Number six House of Dragon, We're in the middle of this. It's excellent.
Speaker 2: Is that Hulu?
Speaker 1: That is on Max?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Is that you and the Game of Thrones prequel? It is a plus? Love it. Number five Presumed Innocent on Apple. It's not over yet, so I can't do Tuesday reviewesday. It's a plus plus.
Speaker 2: Oh my good.
Speaker 1: Jake Jillenhall is in it. A horrific murder, upends the Chicago prosecuting attorney's life in office, and one of their own is suspected of leaving the crime.
Speaker 2: It's awesome.
Speaker 1: The Boys on Amazon, it's a plus. Amazing you like that one. I've loved all four seasons. It's so good. Not over. The Bear is at number three. I watched the first season The Bear never went back.
Speaker 5: It's so good.
Speaker 2: I even liked it. I just never never went back to season two.
Speaker 5: I did, and it's good.
Speaker 1: The Bear season three is the number three.
Speaker 5: Oh is it out? Season three out?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: When did that happen?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Sometimes four today? Yeah, you know, sometime before the second right here. Number two is that show I was talking about, super Cell on Netflix. That's the one in South London. A group of normal people suddenly developed superpowers and the only apparent connection between them is that all of them are black and they all deal with the impact of their powers on their daily lives. One man must bring them together super Cell, super Cell, oh, super Us, super Sell. And then finally number one is Star Wars the Acolyte season Disney Plus.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's it. That's a hater and I didn't watch it, but you gave it a hater and and that's not fair and you didn't watch it, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not nice.
Speaker 1: So that's the number one show, most popular show right now? Morgan, You watching that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am.
Speaker 1: It's a it's a good one.
Speaker 7: I don't know that it beats Mandalorian.
Speaker 5: For me, but it is really good.
Speaker 1: Still in the middle of it, Yeah, it's still happening each each episode can put it on Tuesday or Tuesday then nope, not yet. Okay, those are your top ten TV shows right now? Are you guys in the middle of things that are good?
Speaker 8: No, it's the Challenge Battle for a new Champion. It ended like a month ago, but I'm still behind all.
Speaker 2: Right, keeps up today on who Wins that.
Speaker 5: I'm watching that show.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's Cowboy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He talked about that on Tuesday or Tuesday last week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm still working on it.
Speaker 1: I did see where the Cowboys are worth, like, you know, eight billion or whatever, and the whole story was the cheerleaders make like four hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, there's that all the air. It's something Bobby's mailbag.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hello, Bobby Bones. My boyfriend and I have been together for about a year. He tells me all the time he loves me, and I usually respond in kind, but I don't think I really love him. It would be uncomfortable to not return his affections, so I go along. Just because I don't think I love him doesn't mean I don't enjoy spending time with him, and I could learn to love him. Is it wrong of me to continue dating him knowing he loves me and I don't love him back? Signed simply Sarah the answer is no, it is not wrong. A lot of times in relationship somebody loves him the person first, and the other person doesn't love back. Hey, manya love your boy here. I only love one back, the one I'm with now. The only person I ever told I love you too my wife now, and I kind of kid that's true. But anytime I say your boy, you know I'm kidding. I don't usually talk like that, but I would say, if you see potential in the relationship, you definitely can stay with him. I think where you messed up was saying it back whenever you didn't mean it. Very awkward for me because it was said to me a couple of times, and I'd never set it back.
Speaker 5: But we say together, What did you say in those moments?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Thank you? Well, there's nothing else to say. What you don't say.
Speaker 1: Well, if they're like, oh I love you, oh awkward, I don't love you back, but let's say together, you can't do that.
Speaker 5: I also don't know that thank you is the right response either.
Speaker 1: But but but at the time it felt the kindest way to say I don't love you, and I probably never will.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess the inflection would be important. To thank you, like, was it like thank you, I thank you, or was it.
Speaker 1: Like no, no questioning, not san Diego, It wasn't. It wasn't that. It was like, oh I think I love you. Oh man, thank you so much, thank you. I'm not saying it wasn't awkward. I felt like winning an award, like I'm doing this speech. I like think everybody got me here today, but I didn't, so I never said it. So I would say the issue is and it's not so much of an issue. I think can keep going along with it. But if you feel like there is no potential for you to actually love this person, you owe it to them to break up with them. It feels uncomfortable, it won't be good for them or you, but that's what you owe. You owe if you don't see potential or the possibility of loving this person, to cut them so they can go ahead and start anew and find somebody that will love them back. But you're good. No need to also go back and be like, hey, I've been lying about loving you, but I want to stay together because as soon as you go, I've been lying about loving yet you're probably not standing together.
Speaker 2: But do you keep telling them that you love them, and.
Speaker 1: Why not you've already you're already doing it, really you can. Practical answer is might as well. You know bell's already been wrong. Kind of hard to unring a bell unless you're going to trash the bell, So keep at it. But as soon as you don't. By the way, this is not philosophically the best answer, but this is all practicality. I try to speak in practicality terms. So if you think there's a future hanging there, as soon as you don't see there's a future, get out, because it's not about you, it's about them. Be fair to them. That's what I'm saying, simply, Sarah, I appreciate that I feel good about my advice. Good luck, good luck.
Speaker 2: Yes, close up, we got your gammail and.
Speaker 8: We laid it on your Now let's find the clothes, Bobby fail By.
Speaker 1: Here's a voicemail we got yesterday.
Speaker 4: I'm wondering, I got a random call from someone claiming to be jelly Roll.
Speaker 2: How can I verify that.
Speaker 4: This is actually jelly roll? Which he did a lot of chrobing, which I wasn't really interested in doing. Yes, for so much information that I'm really thinking it's not him. How can you help me verify the this of him?
Speaker 1: I can verify for you it it's not him. I don't know anything about it, but it's not him. That's not Jelly Roll.
Speaker 2: He's not going to call you.
Speaker 1: Jelly Roll's not calling you. If you don't have a past relationship with Jelly Roll where you have called each other. He's not calling you. He's not asking you for any money. He doesn't need it now. But it's not And there are so many of these stories. A seventy five year old Journey fan in Cleveland, Ohio Journey jes a small town Girl Know that song. This seventy five year old fan was scammed out of one hundred and twenty two thousand dollars by somebody posing to Steve Perry. According to w KYC, the woman responded to a Facebook message from someone claiming to be the band's former lead singer. The fake mister Perry needed a woman in his life. The next several months, woman sent the Perry imposter seventy two thousand dollars in wire transfers to various persons in various different states designated by Perry finger quotes, and then gift cards that equaled up to fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: See, I see believe in Steve Perry a little bit because he's been out of the spotlight. No stop never man, he's broke. No, but he's hot right now.
Speaker 9: He's making money right now. There's no need, he doesn't need money. No, Steve Perry's good too. That's a lot, lot, lot, lot of money this. This person probably wasn't telling their family they were giving until I got to such a point one hundred and twenty two thousand dollars. So I'm assuming there's you know, wire transfers going boom, boom boom up to seventy two thousand, and then this fifty eight thousand gift cards. It's probably just trickling, and you never let them know because one you believe it, and two when you don't, you're embarrassed, and you don't tell anybody while it's happening.
Speaker 1: Probably, but you got to be telling some of your dating Steve Perry yet because he said doom, it's secret. There's one about Vince Gill, oh, where some woman ended up giving a fake Vince Gill like either thirty or three hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, both suck. Oh I just saw the story.
Speaker 1: But they believed that Vince Gill was looking for somebody falling for this. But the people that you're saying that too aren't listening to this show for the most part, because these ah, I'm kidding, it's it's the same.
Speaker 10: It's not.
Speaker 2: But I would say most people.
Speaker 1: Though, are older and vulnerable. The made up victim, the made up victim of the Vince Gills scam one of three hundred and fifty thousand dollars. Vince needed help, and the scammer had virtually taken all the mom's money and given it to events apparently vents, not the real vents.
Speaker 2: These are so sad.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's vulnerable folks, and it's a numbers game because we're like, none of our friends would fall for that. But if they do it to a thousand people and they get one a bunch of gift cards to PF chains.
Speaker 8: I mean, this is why eventually we're gonna have to get off social media because we're gonna be those old people.
Speaker 2: And we're gonna fall for this stuff.
Speaker 8: Oh I thought I said, we're gonna be the scammers, Like you know what this Carrie Undoy is gonna come calling and be like, you know.
Speaker 2: What, I'm all in. I'm all in.
Speaker 1: So to end as a note, unless there's a blue check mark, it does not matter. Don't fall for like the blue squiggly or the blue circle or the other ways you could pay if it does not have the blue check mark. And that doesn't even come on Twitter, but the blue check mark on Instagram or Facebook. Do not give them money. You can pay for a blue check mark on on Twitter. Now Twitter's kind of rotten disease land at this point. But if they have a blue check mark, it's not the real person. It's not me. There have been people that have given my fake agents or fake managers two and three thousand dollars, not three hundred and fifty, but two in three thousand.
Speaker 2: Dollars, And what do they say, Bobby needs money? Like, oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: And there have been times where like Scuba and I talked about it. I was like, I'll just give them two thousand dollars because I feel bad. And then it's like, you can't do that because what if they're scamming you?
Speaker 2: Oh, oh, gotta worry about that now. And then yes, the reverse scam. But everybody just be aware.
Speaker 10: It's time for the good news.
Speaker 2: Ready. On a hot day in Asheville, North Carolina, man is walking down the street. He sees a box on the side of the road. He goes, that's weird. Normally I'll just walk by not even think about it. But something told him to check the box. So he goes to the box, opens it up. There's four puppies in there, so hot, it looks like they're like, let me put the pup so it looks like they're not in good shape. He grabs the box takes them to a local shelter. The shelter takes them. Sure enough, Yes, they suffered from severe hydration, upper respiratory infection. But that was a few weeks ago. And now the four pops they've been renamed Clubs, Diamonds, Spades, and hearts because they're lucky to be found by this guy and they're ready to be adopted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm looking at him here. The fact that someone always leave them in a box. I hate that person. I don't really hate. I have a lot of hate in my heart. I hold a grudge though, I like that, but I don't hate the person. For a long time. Yeah, just a couple people. I got like two grudges that still exist. One's that old morning show in Austin that I hate. Another one's artist. But other than that, all good, right.
Speaker 2: Still still grudges on them.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, I hold a grudge all day. I died only two though I've eliminated ninety percent of the grudges.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: But I don't hate anybody. And even if any of those people can to me, I would help them. What about this guy, whoever this is, I hate you. You did this to dogs in a box on a hot day and just left them. And to the guy who discovered the dogs. I don't know why you stopt and you don't either, but I'm so glad you did.
Speaker 2: He said something told him intuition. He said, what's in the box? That's what he said. He found out.
Speaker 1: He's like, yeah, puppies, great job. I hope people adopt them. That's cool. That's a good story. I'm glad you shared it. That is what it's all about.
Speaker 10: That was telling me something good.
Speaker 11: Fun.
Speaker 1: The most fun fact I could possibly find is this one. The root and root beer is referring to the root of the sassafras tree which made root beer root which, by the way, they can't use sassafras and root beer anymore because the FDA bandit for having potentially dangerous chemical compounds. So the original root beer could kill you.
Speaker 2: What is sassafras?
Speaker 1: That sounds of no idea, but it sounds like something from the fifties in the South. Yeah, sassafras, I like it. But that's the root, the sassafras root in root beer. Amy.
Speaker 3: Human teeth are the only part of a body that can't heal themselves.
Speaker 1: Think about this. I've had a lot of cavities, and none of them have just fixed themselves. I think I've had like twenty seven cavities.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's a lot.
Speaker 1: I think every tooth was a cavity when I first started going to the dentists in my twenties. But yeah, that's a lot.
Speaker 5: I've had one.
Speaker 1: But I've given a lot of mentorship in root canals. I'm an expert. If there's something like, you're an expert in it without actually having the actual knowledge of it. It's sitting through a root canal. I think I've had like twelve twelve brou canals. How many are in there?
Speaker 5: I've never.
Speaker 1: I think I've had twelve of them. But that's funny. A teeth, I guess, of the part of the body that we can see.
Speaker 5: That's I think if you break a bone.
Speaker 2: That's why hockey players don't have teeth because they lost it.
Speaker 1: Well, no, but you can also get new ones putting. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Over the last ten years, one third of all divorce lawyers filings contained one word.
Speaker 1: Oh, let me guess. Over the last ten years, I would say cheating, cheating.
Speaker 2: No Facebook?
Speaker 1: Oh, Facebook, yeah, because they probably used it to cheat.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, Facebook, Something happened on Facebook. Facebook? This Facebook? That one third of filings over the last ten years.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 1: How they got busted. They left their account open on their computer, Like why is Jimmy pokin you?
Speaker 3: They were selling something on Facebook Marketplace and met up with the person and they're like, oh.
Speaker 1: Hey, I've been thinking about using Facebook Marketplace to sell my Bronco.
Speaker 6: Would that be weird?
Speaker 3: I see cars on there all the time. I actually I saw a cool Bronco on there the other day. I know Winnebago and Earstream. I see lots of cool vintage things on there.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, I didn't feel weird about selling something substantial on Facebook.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but people go there for all kinds of things.
Speaker 3: I mean, you could probably list it multiple places, and that's just one outlet.
Speaker 5: You never know.
Speaker 1: I want to sell it to somebody though, that has like an uncle that's a king of Dubai and promises me like riches.
Speaker 2: That's pretty easy. Yeah, y'all want to find one of those people. Eddie so Slots. You know, the animal, the real slow animal. They can hold their breath up to forty minutes. Wow, forty minutes. That's why they'd have to do that. They stand a water at all for a long period of time. Now they hang on trees, they go into world.
Speaker 1: Why they would have to develop that as a survival mechanism or even a skill, because usually that is passed down through generations.
Speaker 2: It's funny you say water though, because dolphins they can hold their breath up to ten minutes, which is nothing.
Speaker 1: They have to come up every Oh yeah, I thought they'd be lowered longer than that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ten minutes down and that's when you see their little fin come up because they got to breathe through their blowhole.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they're a mammal. A whales of mammal how long can a whale stay down?
Speaker 2: And I don't have that info. I have nipples. Can you mote me? Morgan?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 7: There used to be twenty seven letters in the alphabet, so ampersand followed z in the alphabet.
Speaker 5: It signified the word.
Speaker 7: And as for how it would be recited, it was rstuv, wxyz and per se and so like they change it from am person and to ampersand.
Speaker 2: Wow, mind blowing. That a lot of words to get through.
Speaker 1: But the ampersand by the way, is that and sign that's like the circle, like the one thing we don't know it's how to draw it. We could we do a different one. We do like the three with the comeback, but the amper sand is it goes to the guy sitting with a table, little table in front of them. Okay, everybody familiar with the ampersand yeah, that means and so the original Now it's just the shortened term of that and word.
Speaker 5: But it used to mean and per se.
Speaker 2: And I'm glad they fix.
Speaker 1: That because that had been terrible. W x y and z am per se and I just didn't fit with the song. You know the smell of your home when you come back from a trip, is what it smells like to guests that come to your house all the time. You just get used to it and you're gone so long that when you come home you smell it again.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I've had that before him and like, this is not a good smell really that.
Speaker 5: Because they give it a dog like animals. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's when I've noticed sometimes something is wrong, and I've been like when.
Speaker 2: You leaving and coming back this, Yeah, if.
Speaker 5: You've left for a while and then you come back and you're like, nothing's not right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my wife cares about that stuff, like the smell of the house, like with candles and flowers and stuff. I never cared.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, but you I mean, and there's some things that are gonna mask it. But then there also it could be an indicator that there's a root problem that you could get rid of and then you don't have to worry about that odor.
Speaker 1: I don't like that because that might be the root problem and just to get rid of me that is no good.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Each eminem takes up to sixteen hours to make each single eminem. Now they don't make them one at a time, or they would take forever. But it does take sixteen hours to make an eminem when they make a bunch of them.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: So that's pretty crazy. That's fun fun, No, it's just so crazy, it's fun fun. Right. This is Cali from upstate New York.
Speaker 12: Morning Studio, hoping you could give my little sister and best friend, Riley, who listens to you in Savannah, Georgia, a big birthday shout out. We're both huge fans and longtime listeners. I even got her a cameo by Ray this year for a birthday. We just love you, guys and appreciate you. It's super hard living so far away to talking about your show and how much you crack us up. Keep for from touch almost daily. Thank you for all the joy you've spread, and hopefully we'll get to meet you guys someday.
Speaker 1: Have a great one, Riley have birthday.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 1: And also, how about that Ray, they buy a cameo from.
Speaker 2: You, rock bottom price of twenty nine dollars.
Speaker 1: That's what you're charging right down lowest ever, just trying to generate more coming in. How many a day do you get now?
Speaker 2: Ooh?
Speaker 1: Week one? Oh, we're really struggling. Huh so a day would be point two. Well, if it's seven, it wouldn't be Yeah, Raymond, what do they search for a cameo if they want to buy one from you? Bobby Bone Show, Raymundo. I see, I don't liked it. My name is in that for him. I liked it. You do it. I'm happy to say, Raymondo is like cameo. But if you ever show something you shouldn't show or say something, They're like and on cameo Bobby Bone Show, Raymundo, and I'm like, I don't want to be in that. I'll just put iHeartMedia ray Mundo. I wouldn't do that anymore. Gosh, just keep it how it is, Just keep it how it is. Rock bottom price twenty nine dollars A happy birthday to appreciate.
Speaker 10: That pile of stories.
Speaker 3: USA Today did a bigger write off on how a lot of gen Zers are hitting the tattoo regret stage of their life.
Speaker 5: As gen Z.
Speaker 3: By the way, you were born in between nineteen ninety seven and twenty twelve, so they're like late twenties, they're starting to get married and they're like, oh, these tattoos, they're clashing with what I'm want to wear at my wedding.
Speaker 1: Well in about seven years, those marriage regrets will fall in as well. Right now, we're at the tattoo stage, then the marriage.
Speaker 5: It's been trending on TikTok. We all go through it.
Speaker 3: Millennials went through it with like barbed wire things and infinity signs.
Speaker 1: And I'm pretty happy with my direction with my tattoos. Meaning everything I did is very block letter like it will not It's not a style, so I don't think it can go out of style, like want all this here. It's all just straight blocks.
Speaker 3: Right like gen X has, you know, tramps, stamp regret, but like you didn't do anything trendy.
Speaker 1: Like you Yeah, this is a special Times New Roman the barb wire, yeah, tiger, Okay, what else?
Speaker 3: I have some unethical parenting hacks that either are brilliant or oh, let's go.
Speaker 5: You shouldn't do.
Speaker 3: This, okay, changing the time on the clock to make your kids go to bed like it's really seven, but yeah, just change the clock to eight.
Speaker 5: And you're like, oh, book, kids, look it's eight, let's go to bed.
Speaker 1: I guess my question is how do you change a clock? Because everything's on phone.
Speaker 5: Some people still have digital but are they going to.
Speaker 1: Believe that there's a phone anywhere near an iPad?
Speaker 5: It happends on how old they are.
Speaker 1: It's okay, so two year old, we got okay, go ahead.
Speaker 3: When the ice cream truck plays the music, oh, that actually means.
Speaker 5: They're out of ice cream.
Speaker 1: Good one.
Speaker 3: I've heard that someone got their kid to read by turning on subtitles on the TV and they said they went up for reading levels, but subtitles were always on and they're like, you have to read along. A guy's parents told him that he was allergic to alcohol, and then finally when he was older, they said, oh, yeah, we just what you're drinking in high school.
Speaker 1: If I forgot to tell him he wasn't they probably forgot dy even told him that he was. And then he's twenty seven. Now I don't drink.
Speaker 2: Why did you never drink? Clark, Well, you told me how's allergic?
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Then you have to decide do we tell him now or do we just let him live?
Speaker 3: And the my only one that I just really like, when the batteries and allowed annoying toy die, they tell him, oh, they don't make those batteries anymore.
Speaker 1: That's a good one, and you just throw out, okay.
Speaker 5: What else higher education is losing ground?
Speaker 3: Uh, just this whole poll was taken and we don't have a lot of confidence in higher education or we're just finding that it's not as necessary as it used to be.
Speaker 1: I agree. I think it is one avenue. It is not the only avenue and is not always the best avenue to go to college.
Speaker 3: And in about a month a lot of people are going to be embarking on college, So now's the time to make your decision.
Speaker 2: No pressure. You're really rushing there with that.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, but it really is doesn't have to be for everybody. My daughter's starting to consider college now that she's seventeen. She's gonna be a junior, and I don't really want her to be thinking about it, but a lot of kids at school, she's like, everybody's talking about it and they're trying to figure out where they're going to go and what they're going to do.
Speaker 5: And I'm just like, uh, slow down.
Speaker 1: Well if well, no, I think it's time. If it wants to do that, she's got to start ap pplaying it is.
Speaker 3: But I saidn't say that out loud. In my mind, I'm like, oh, slow down.
Speaker 1: You didn't stay in your mind.
Speaker 2: You said it out loud, so we thought it was out loud.
Speaker 1: I would say that depending on what kind of work you want to go into, you aren't going to be a lawyer without going to school. There are certain jobs you have to have school, but there are certain jobs to be like, you should go to school. You can just get started. But education they can't take away from you unless you're lunch box. He didn't quite finish this. They didn't quite give it to him. Yeah, Yeah, Amy's at it.
Speaker 5: I'm Amy. That's my pile.
Speaker 10: That was Amy's pile of stories.
Speaker 1: If you're listening to the show and you're in Portland, we're going to do something on Tuesday of next week. Eddie and I are coming up to Portland and we're going to do a podcast in the evening. If you want to come to this, go to ninety eight seventh Bull dot com.
Speaker 10: It's time for the good News unbox.
Speaker 8: Will Remington is a truck driver in Oklahoma and he's on his usual route and he sees this camper parked on the side of the road, kind of in the trees. It's not usually there and He's like, huh.
Speaker 2: That's weird.
Speaker 8: Does this route and he's driving back the other way and now he sees the camper covered in a tarp.
Speaker 2: He's like that that's not right.
Speaker 8: So he flies down the police officers like, hey, there's this camper that's not usually there.
Speaker 1: Looks very suspicious. The cop goes to investigate.
Speaker 8: The guy that is in the camper is out dehydrated, clinging to life.
Speaker 1: Okay, but why we thought it was like where I'm from, it make a mess. I thought that really would have been. I'd been like, I'm not calling, I'm not going anywhere near that.
Speaker 8: Well, he was trying to hide from the police, but he just became overwhelmed by the elements.
Speaker 1: And so they saved his life. But he got arrested. Overwhelm by the elements. He's in a campert. I guess it's hot. He doesn't have an That's the good news is that he got caught, but also that they saved him. Yeah, but they also saved him. So you see something, say something.
Speaker 2: Because and he was hanging out a life.
Speaker 5: Life so elements. He's talking about the weather.
Speaker 3: He's not talking about elements like you're saying, like.
Speaker 1: It's just a normal day. Okay.
Speaker 3: He uses code words for drugs sometimes, and I'm like element.
Speaker 1: He was in poor conditions, sweating and without Waller.
Speaker 4: News.
Speaker 10: That's what it's all about, was telling me something good.
Speaker 2: The Friday Morning conversation with Tracy Lawrence, Tracey were talking about you before you came in.
Speaker 1: Obviously as a person, I really like you, But then we're fans of forever.
Speaker 6: What do you what?
Speaker 1: What is your best song? What's your what's the such a vague question, what's your best song?
Speaker 11: You know, there's a lot of ways to look at that. I'd say, personally, for me, I'll see it now. It is one of my favorite songs to sing. But Toime March's own is the best written song that I have. But Peton and Birmingham might have been the most impacting song that I had.
Speaker 1: Although the wrong it's Alibi's you wonder the answer? It's Alibi.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: All those are great songs. But Amy and I were talking because we were talking about you coming in, and we were playing some eclips of stuff, and when that hook and Alibi's hits.
Speaker 6: Oh what a good record that was.
Speaker 11: E's a great kid too, Just that the movement of it was very special. You know, a lot of people don't realize that Tracy Bird cut that on his debut record and it got bumped from the album. He had been singing that song at the club. He was like it playing at Cutters for years and they'd been playing that song in the club for a long time. And so his fans were mad at me because they thought I stole his song, the people that knew him from back home in Beaumont, so when that song came out, but they didn't hook it. I mean, we strod just cut a great record.
Speaker 1: On that thing. Did you ever hear his version of it, like the net studio version?
Speaker 11: I never heard it, But he's actually got on stage and sing it with me a few times.
Speaker 1: Oh that's cool.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 1: It's cool back in the day. How did the fans get mad at you if there wasn't social media to yell?
Speaker 11: Oh, they just you know, they're very protective of their artists that they attached to, especially people that had been following him when he was before you got to Nashville. He cut that first record, the fans that were that went with him way back, But.
Speaker 1: How would you know because they couldn't like send you a comment on instagramh.
Speaker 2: Okay, the Paul Revere.
Speaker 6: But back then I did meet and greets overnight and.
Speaker 1: People would say that too.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I can't believe you stole his song.
Speaker 1: That's funny. Yeah, okay, let's do Time marches On. Then you say best written song. I think that song is like a work of art.
Speaker 6: If you really look.
Speaker 11: At the message of that song, it's it's talking about multiple generations of a family. To paint that picture and really get all of that imagery across in three and a half minutes. Bobby Braddock wrote that by itself, I mean it's a masterful piece of work.
Speaker 1: Still kind of holds up, you know how sometimes you can watch a TV show and it doesn't hold up. Or though we won from like the late nineties, you're like, man, this would still be good today. That song still kind of holds up and makes you feel the way you felt even back then as well, without a doubt, where does that go on your set? Last Time marches On almost right at the end, right before Birmingham.
Speaker 6: They're my last two numbers.
Speaker 1: Man, if your voice is tired and you get to that key change, I'm paying me a Birmingham.
Speaker 6: You know it's weird.
Speaker 11: Though I can have problems with other songs that are in the lower keys, I never have a problem with Birmingham.
Speaker 1: You're going out doing the headline stuff. Now, you just finished some Riley Green shows?
Speaker 6: Right? How was that awesome?
Speaker 11: Riley's great, And I didn't realize how massive his career is. He's drawing huge crowds.
Speaker 1: Right, He's killing it.
Speaker 6: He's killing it.
Speaker 1: How were his fans with you? Were they super? Were they awesome?
Speaker 6: They were great?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Absolutely, I don't have the abs he does.
Speaker 1: But your headline towards Tracy Laurnce dot com if you guys want to get tickets tonight you're in Louisville.
Speaker 2: What do you start the show with.
Speaker 11: There's a song called Maid in America that I wrote a few years ago that I'm kind of kicking things off with. I like to kind of set the tone for, you know, just what I feel about this country and just kind of get everybody excited about what the ninth holes. I don't do a whole lot of patriotic stuff, but I like to start my show with it.
Speaker 1: Out here in it is the new EP that's out now. Yes, And so you have six songs on this. You know, when you make new music and you've had so many massive songs, you're kind of competing with yourself.
Speaker 11: And I think about that when I'm going into cut stuff. I look for things that I can plug into the show that are a little bit different, that don't stay on top of what things I already have. Because the hardest thing about you know, when you're not really working radio like what we used to do back in the nineties, when you're just using social media to prop a song up, is feeling how well it impacts. Some things do impact still, so I'm moving things through my set list all the time, so I try to put them in spots where they don't kind of step on anything else that I have. But I do think about all that stuff when I cut a new record.
Speaker 1: When you make a set list, do you think about I don't need to put two slow songs back to back because in the crowd will fall asleep.
Speaker 11: It depends on what those songs are. Some songs can you can put anything around them in the hold of any time. But I don't like to do too many new songs back to back. I like to scatter them through so I can just a lot of times, I won't even tell the crowd they're a new song. I just kind of play them and let them pass and then move on to something else. But I don't like to leave them laying around.
Speaker 6: I would not.
Speaker 11: I wouldn't go in and do three songs off a new project that nobody knows.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't do all those back that.
Speaker 1: Good for you for caring about the fans, because I've been to shows with major acts and then they played like three or four new ones, and listen, I understand as a creator, we want to do the new stuff we've done as well, without a doubt. However, people have hate good money to come and hear the songs they love as well. And I've told this story. I went to a concert once one of my favorite bands. They never played a hit. They played their entire new record, and I was like, I feel jipped.
Speaker 11: Yeah, And I look at that from the fans perspective too. I don't want to be that artist. And I'm blissed that I always had creative control over the things that I cut, so I don't feel like I have to go back and say, God, I wish I hadn't cut that.
Speaker 1: Song about the record label making you cut songs.
Speaker 11: The only song that that and I had to negotiate for it. I didn't really love Texas Tornado, but I didn't really love it, but I negotiated a deal with Rick Blackburn.
Speaker 6: At the time.
Speaker 11: I said, I'll cut Texas Tornado, but I wanted to start producing my own stuff. I said, if if this works out, well, so let It opened the door for me to do Renegade, Rebels and Rogues, which opened the door on the next project for me to do co production stuff on my record, which kind of got me in the studio more.
Speaker 1: Hey, mister savvy, mister shark tank over here makings.
Speaker 6: They had a tamage when you can baby, Yeah, No, you're right.
Speaker 1: You're a hometown. Do you consider forming Arkansas your hometown? I do tell everybody what Foreman's like if they were to drive into Foreman.
Speaker 11: Well, living in Arkansas, you know there's not a lot there Foreman. When I grew up there, it was there was eleven hundred people in the census.
Speaker 1: We used to play forman in sports. Did you rid something from a mountain pine? We had seven hundred people and so equal size, very small towns. But I know forman. Well, so what was you drive in?
Speaker 8: Is there?
Speaker 1: You don't have a Walmart, do you?
Speaker 6: Oh? No, we had. We do have a Dollar General.
Speaker 1: Now we do have a Dollar General too.
Speaker 11: We don't even have a we don't have any even have a red light. We have a four way stop.
Speaker 1: We have the same. No red light and a four way stop were the same.
Speaker 6: Nothing. There's nothing there.
Speaker 1: What was foreman like for you as a kid?
Speaker 6: You know it was?
Speaker 11: It was great. It was great growing up in a small town. We were the former Alligators, so our mascot was the Gators. So we had this little cafe called the gator In, and you would when you went downtown on the weekends, everybody'd meet at the gator In, Say where were going to gather up tonight? So we had three gravel pits, we had the rice field, we had the Catholic cemetery. So we'd go to these places and build a fire and just kind of hang out and do our things. So we always picked a different place every every weekend where everybody'd go hang out. But there was really nothing else to do. Bad enough, we all started drinking very early. I mean, well there's nothing else to do or as part of the culture it is.
Speaker 1: And people that come from big cities that I know now, they're always lived around a big city. They don't understand going to a field. It's because that's.
Speaker 11: All there was nothing else was going to And we didn't have enough money to ride around all night. I mean, because I was gas. That was gas money. I mean I might get five dollars a weekend. Of course, five dollars lasted a lot longer back then too.
Speaker 1: What kind of jobs you have back then?
Speaker 11: I worked pretty much all through high school at a construction company, and so when we didn't have jobs going on, I'd mow the yards of the owner owner's yard and or take up keep up stuff at the shop. But we did everything, I mean, remodel houses, work up, you know, commercial projects and different things, build houses and stuff.
Speaker 6: So I worked there for like four years all the way.
Speaker 5: Could you build a house right now?
Speaker 11: I don't think I could. I can, I can do little projects, but I don't. You know, there's a lot about that stuff that I don't really want to do.
Speaker 1: What's your specialty as far as non music specialty.
Speaker 11: My non music specialty I like doing woodwork. I've done a little welding, I've done a little bit of electrical work.
Speaker 1: What kind of welding introduce you? Like take welding or did you do.
Speaker 6: Like MiG welding stuff? Just wire welding and stuff.
Speaker 1: I know I burn myself a lot.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but I haven't done it so long. You really got a step on top of that stuff to run true beads. I mean as it'd be it. I'd have to practice to get my skill set back. It's been a long time.
Speaker 2: You fish much?
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 11: I actually fish in just a few weeks ago. I just got a back off a snapper trip. My face is a little burner right now.
Speaker 1: Oh it's good, yell little color.
Speaker 6: I got a little color on my face. Yeah, yeah, my nose, my noses peeling.
Speaker 1: How about a ten on your body? What do you got like?
Speaker 11: I got a dad ton. I try to keep these shirts on most of the time.
Speaker 1: These long sleep so it doesn't do that.
Speaker 11: Absolutely. Yeah, I don't want to get burned. My face got a little bit too much.
Speaker 1: When you put this record out, this this CP that came out and there are six songs, like how many songs do you go through and select of the six?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Do you have twelve thirteen or do you just find the best six and going to cut them.
Speaker 11: My system is different now than what it used to be. I used to spend months and months. I would go through thousands of songs looking for stuff, and then write a lot and try to come I had a cull process where I would be making mixtapes and cul things down and see what I burned out on and I would remove it this time. I mean, I found really good songs early on, but I have such a great well of writers, and I know a lot of the younger writers too. I cut one of earnest songs. But I got to the point that I was I found my first song is I could use one? That was one of the first demos. I mean, I think it literally was the first thing that I played that I got in This's is Gonna be Easy?
Speaker 6: It was great.
Speaker 11: And then then I kind of hit a spot and so I called Bobby Pinson, and I called Ernest, and I call people that I knew and said, send me the best song that you got that you think will be from me. And that was basically what I did.
Speaker 1: So the project came out in June, bout a month or so ago. Have you and you've played some of these, do you want you go out and plan for the first time? Does it kind of reset you on which songs?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Wow, I think people like this one the best because you can actually play in front of people.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but it's so hard. You know, Sometimes a really good deep lyric that you really have to listen to a few times, it's hard to gauge what people feel about it when they just hear it in passing for the first time. Sometimes songs you need to sit with them for a little bit. A good party song that you can get the crowd rolling. Those are all grow but sometimes they don't impact the same So it's really hard for me to gauge. But I think we were dropping a single every six weeks through this process. So I would plug the new one in into the slot in my sex because I only got forty five minutes with Riley, so I didn't have a lot of time to play around. So I did a couple of medleys of above songs in my set, and then I had one spot that I would plug.
Speaker 6: The new one in.
Speaker 11: As we were going through the release process of everything that we're doing, and then I really don't know how to gauge that with the crowd. We just kind of have to take feedback that we get from socials to kind of feel what people like.
Speaker 1: When did you feel like you were good at singing? Was it in church? And getting the feedback from But again I would sing in church. I was terrible, So I was also getting the positive feedback. But I knew I couldn't be a singer. Yeah, but a lot of church playing and singing right.
Speaker 11: Early early on. Yeah, I didn't really like church music that much. It didn't land in the right key for me. There were things about church music the literal key, like the singing key. Oftentimes it was a little painful, so I would just do it in a lower register or something. But it was never something I cared about now. When I was in kindergarten. I remember this in my little kindergarten class. I remember for the holidays, they had a teacher had done four or five boards, and she broke the class up into the little groups where they're four or five in each one, and we had the parents come in for parents to Day and we were singing.
Speaker 6: Holiday songs and all this. Well, they put.
Speaker 11: Me on every board in Kindergary all her and so I knew I could hear pitch and I could sing in tune when I was very young. But about twelve or thirteen, I really started getting into Merle Haggard and George Strait was just coming out. So that was really when I started connecting with it on a true level, where I really started saying, I think I might want to do this for a living.
Speaker 6: This might be what I want out of life.
Speaker 1: Could your parents sing or they play instruments?
Speaker 11: No, I didn't grow up in that kind of family. I mean really, there was not a lot of music in our house. Dad didn't ever even listen to the radio in the car. I mean, it was just something that was inside of me.
Speaker 1: How does a guy from former Arkansas ever think he can make it as a national recording artist.
Speaker 11: I have no idea, because everybody thought I was absolutely insane and I didn't know. I mean, nobody, nobody gets out of foreign arc. I mean, especially back then, you don't even know what exists in the world. I just dreamed it. I wanted it so bad.
Speaker 1: What did you see that made you dream it? Like? What was it where you're like I want that? Like was it you're watching TNN? Was it your you know what wasn't just the radio, you know the radio?
Speaker 11: And uh, when I learned to play a few chords on the guitar, the girls like the way it sounded. You know, that always has a lot to do with it. I just I just wanted it so bad. It just seemed to give me an identity. I wasn't a great athlete. I played a little baseball in high school, but I wasn't very big, so I couldn't take the hits in football. Uh, and and so it gave me something that was different than everybody else.
Speaker 1: Had when you moved to town. Who were your musical heroes at that age? When you moved to Nashville, you got'm tattooed on you?
Speaker 6: George Straight, George Jones, Keith Whitley, Merle.
Speaker 1: Hackard, and how many of them? Did you get to spend time with?
Speaker 6: Every one of them? But Keith Keith died the year before it came down.
Speaker 1: So like, did you get to know Lai at all?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Loaurie and I are very close and her kids.
Speaker 1: Laurie Morgan, by the way, sorry, so kind of you know, as close as you could have.
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 11: Absolutely, yeah, you know, and Keith was a bigger inspiration for me. But I spent the most time with Jones. I was a bigger Haggard fan than I was with Jones. But Jones was the first tour that I was on ninety two. When I went out with Jones for a couple of years and I got very close to George.
Speaker 1: Was he crazy or was he wild and crazy then or was it as the calmed down?
Speaker 11: No, he wasn't Georgia kind of you know when I was around him. I think he still took a nip every now and then, but George wasn't drinking the way that he used to. He had kind of got it all under control, and Nancy had kind of put the the tight grip on him a little bit. But I mean, he was the sweet old grandfather to me. I spent a lot of time at George. One of my favorite memories. It was about three years before George passed and we had gone to Fireside, a studio, and I think Fireside's gone now, but Nancy had put some charity project together and she wanted meeting George to do do it together. And I'd gone in and done my part of the song, and George was there and he came in and George was having trouble. He couldn't see, he couldn't see the lyric, and he couldn't hear the pitch anymore, and he asked me to come in the booth with him and I would sing the line for him and help him go through the whole thing.
Speaker 6: And I looked back at that.
Speaker 11: It's such a fine thing because I got to share something very special with Jones at a time when he was frill and he was struggling that I don't think anybody else got a chance to.
Speaker 6: Dude. I got to do something with him that nobody ever got to do.
Speaker 1: And the fact that he would be vulnerable enough to trust to you absolutely because he could have asked anybody to do that.
Speaker 6: It was very special for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's really cool.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 1: It was the jam that I feel like sometimes isn't brought up on. It's like, this song was great the older George Jones, I don't need use your rocking chair. Oh yeah, you're Jared Taal or you medicare still got a knee on in my veins And that song was awesome.
Speaker 11: It was awesome, and you got to think too, And this inspires me a lot as I've had the ups and downs in my career. You know, George, at that time in the early nineties when everything was taken off, the young country movement was hitting, radio stations were changing. Four mats you had in eighty nine. You had, you know, Garth and Chestnut and Alan Jackson, Travis Trutt and Vince Gill and you had that whole bridge and it was new.
Speaker 6: Everything was changed.
Speaker 11: And I came to town right after that, and so you had all these guys like Whalen and Merle and all that. They were angry that all of a sudden they had done on the charts for thirty or forty years and now they were getting the records played and they were mad, and they were mad at us. I mean, they blamed all of us for it. And I saw George take a different perspective. I saw George cut rocking chair, and I saw him take me on tour and Mark Chestnut on tour, and I got to spend time with him, and he looked at it from a completely different perspective, and he had a whole nother career at that time that none of the rest of him really did. And it made me realize that sometimes you just got to get out of your own way and realize that things change. You can either grab a hold and be a part of it, or you can just get out of the way.
Speaker 1: And what's amazing about what you just said. And it's not exactly the same because George was older than you are now, but you're talking about Ernest and these guy you're doing the same thing.
Speaker 11: Absolutely love the podcasts and the things that I do to build relationships with all of these younger artists. I'm putting myself in a situation where I can. I can have relationships with this generation of artists that I wouldn't have any other way, and I treasure it. I love I've made a lot of friends that way. I'm not put off by it, and I'm not jealous of it. I'm proud for their success and they're having success that we never had. I mean, it's amazing how bigg A format is now.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna show you a picture here. This is you in a very very very young Jason al Dean. Oh yeah, what the heck is this picture? He looks twelve? Do you? You probably don't remember the pictaking of it, but I mean, what what was this even doing. Do you know what where he was doing? I know, I know he was a huge fan of mine. He's told to meet and greet probably that's crazy.
Speaker 11: Now he's told me that he had my poster on his wall when he was in high school.
Speaker 6: I was like, dude, I had fair faucet on.
Speaker 1: With here's a picture you and George that had pulled off what is do you know what when this was? Because it could have been at any point.
Speaker 11: You know that was that jacket out there is from the tour because it's got the Redman Tobacco logo on it, so that would have been ninety two.
Speaker 6: Somewhere. And I used to give him excuse my hell about that jacket. He always wheelers Jack saw.
Speaker 11: That friend on him and I like to give him heart turn by his wardenrobe selections.
Speaker 1: So everybody go to a Tracy show Tracy Lawrence dot com and he's got I mean, I have your whole tor scout. You're on the road doing a bunch of show.
Speaker 6: We work a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, I know you are a lot.
Speaker 1: Like do you enjoy it?
Speaker 6: Do you like I do?
Speaker 11: I've learned over the years, I've taken a lot more time off this year than I have in the past. I mean, I took several weeks, So I'll try to take a week off every month or six weeks. I do what, go to the beach house, go on vacation with the fans. We've been I mean with my wife Fan.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's no that I've I started traveling more.
Speaker 11: I mean we've We've taken a couple of trips to Italy with the kids, and I'm trying to spend more time in Europe and we're just doing I'm taking for my family because I neglected a lot when they were younger. I missed a lot of birthdays, a lot of dance recitals, a lot of t ball.
Speaker 6: I missed a lot of that.
Speaker 11: And I'm trying to trying to spend more time slow in the pace, down a little bit, and I really don't want to run.
Speaker 6: That hard like I used to.
Speaker 1: Isn't traveling odd in that we grew up very similarly. You didn't go out of the state, much less out of the country. I was always scared to death by what I see on TV. Oh yeah, And now that I've gotten older and have had a pretty successful career, I've gone to a few places and it is like bizarre and amazing. But I was never in that let's travel have vacations culture, which I am now and like, I'm kind of jealous I didn't get to do it. But I'm also like a twelve year old when I go to places now where I'm like, this is crazy. Like we went to Italy. I was like, I can't believe I'm in another country. It is, isn't it wild?
Speaker 6: Awesome?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And I thought it was like that's like places you go on movies, like traveling is weird and people are awesome.
Speaker 2: People are awesome everywhere.
Speaker 6: You get what you give.
Speaker 11: That's true if you're gracious and you don't if you bring your American ideology with you're and you're really elastic and loud and obnoxious, you're off putting to people. And so I try to teach my kids when we travel to be very gracious and respect and appreciate other cultures. You know, you might not like it, but at least try try the food, try the cuisine, be nice to people.
Speaker 6: And it comes back to you.
Speaker 1: Will you tell me the Bluebird story? You're playing the Bluebird and you get seen by somebody, call no, No, that wasn't.
Speaker 11: A bloombird, so it was the bluebird is in the mix, but that's so misconstrued. When I first got to town, I started doing every little music competition that I could do. All the little clubs had little gems and stuff where you could get up and I'd win one hundred bucks here and there. Well, I met some people and wound up over in Kentucky at a thing called Live at Libby's, which was a supper club kind of an opry style of music hall that broadcast every Saturday night back from Kentucky Internashville. And so they would have their first hour where you would do a couple of songs with the house band, and then they had their headliner, and they had a Georgia Jones impersonator and a giant cast impersonator, and you.
Speaker 4: Know the deal.
Speaker 11: Well, i'd started performing on that show in December of ninety when I got to town. I got town in September, and some folks had come over from Atlantic, some management guys with some executives from Atlantic Records that came to see somebody else on that show, and they liked me better. And in January I wound up hooking up of these guys they became my managers. I did a showcase at the Bluebird in January. Rick Blackburn from Atlantic agreed to sign me in January. I got hooked up with James Stroud in May of ninety one. We cut sticks and stones. So it all happened to a lot of seven month window. It was very fast for me.
Speaker 1: That would have happened so fast, and looking back, it was wonderful, but I wouldn't have trusted it would happen so fast. I'd have been like, there's no way this can be real.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 11: I've never heard of it happening fast for anybody because I didn't know anybody when I got it. I never knocked on a door. I didn't go to labels, I didn't pitch the demal, I never did any of that stuff.
Speaker 1: And I guess probably to you, it was just normal. It's all you knew. You didn't really know. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 11: I'd always believe that it was destiny, you know, it's like it was supposed to happen.
Speaker 6: I really believed it was. I just kind of went with it.
Speaker 2: What's up with the podcast?
Speaker 6: Podcasts are doing great.
Speaker 11: Uh, I've had to take a couple of months off because I was touring so heavy.
Speaker 6: But we're getting back in the groove with it right now.
Speaker 1: What's the name of it, t L's Roadhouse, t O t t Lait no way, t t l s t L's that's what I thought. I think he said t was like, no different.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a twine L Roadhouse.
Speaker 1: T L's Roadhouse. You guys can search that and what do you what do you do on the podcast?
Speaker 11: You know, it's basically I've I've had a lot of TikTokers. I've had a few actors, some comedians, a lot of younger artists in the business. And my whole premise is really just to find the common ground that we share. You know, even though we all are are very passionate, we have a lot of the same likes, but there's a lot of difference between all of us, and every journey is different for everybody that comes to down we all take a different path. So it's just it's just a conversation about trying to find the things that we have in common and the things it make us different. But it's it's been very good. It's been very entertaining for me. I enjoy I enjoy talking to new people.
Speaker 1: Where do you record it.
Speaker 6: I've been doing it in the front lounge of my bus. That's cool. And I've done some video.
Speaker 1: I've done some of it on the road.
Speaker 11: But it's it's easier when I have a bus pad where I park all my coaches and all my stuff there at the house. So it's easier when I can set everything up and do two days at a time, and I'll do four or five artists in two days because I have to pack everything back up when we do a podcast, I have to set everything up every time.
Speaker 1: You enjoy that I do.
Speaker 6: That's cool. I get a lot.
Speaker 1: Don't make any money on that yet.
Speaker 6: No, we did.
Speaker 2: We did talk, Tracy.
Speaker 6: We did talk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so check out the podcast. The music's been out for a month or so. And then Tracy Laurrence dot com and go watch Tracy do a show.
Speaker 6: Please.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Tracy's awesome.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, you're a razorback fan.
Speaker 6: I am. Yeah. Baseball season was hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know you. I'm just setting it up here. I'm also a massive basic back basal all that's suck.
Speaker 2: It's all.
Speaker 1: It's been a rough year. It's all the way around. So I have a few friends that are razorback fans. And so I have this helmet here and I'm gonna have a bunch of us razorbackers sign this helmet. Cool, and then I'm gonna auction off for nil so we can have better players. Okay, so we used to just sign up. We're done here absolutely, because then we're gonna pay for better players legally it's worth it. Well, yes, that's right. Uh, Tracy really appreciate you. You guys, go to Tracy's Instagram. The real Tracy Lawrence. Do not follow the fake Tracy Lawrence. There's a bunch of them, or even at the fake Tracy Lawrence. That's a fraud.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: The new EP is out. It's called out Here in it and check out the podcast and go watch Tracy Live, Tracy Lawrence dot Com.
Speaker 2: Tracy.
Speaker 1: As a person, I'm a fan, and as a fan, I'm a fan.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there is Tracy Lawrence. Everybody next you, Thank you much.
Speaker 13: Wake up, wake up in the Marne and turn the radio and the dogs lunchbox.
Speaker 2: Morget too.
Speaker 13: Steve Bred have it trying to put you through. Fuck, he's running his wigs. Next bit, the Bobby is on the box.
Speaker 2: So you knowing this.
Speaker 1: The Bobby Ball, it's signed for Easy trivia, Amy, You're rough first. Country music is the category. What artist is famous for Chattahoochee Alan Jackson, correct Lunchbox. What artist is known for nine to five?
Speaker 2: Uh, Dolly Parton? Correct?
Speaker 1: Easy trivia, Eddie. What artist is known for The Gambler Kenny Rogers?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 1: Morgan. What's the name of the venue in Nashville known as the Mother Church of Country music? Rymen Autorium is correct? It's easy trivia. That one may not be easy unless you live in Nashville, but it's super easy. Let's see who can last the longest. The scoreboard is Amy with three points and she's the current champion. Eddie with two, Morgan with two. Lunchbox zero. Easy trivia. The category is sports. And if you miss it, you'll hear.
Speaker 10: This sound You've been boo.
Speaker 1: Don't be boned? Amy. What sport is Muhammad Ali known for boxing? Correct Lunchbox. What sport is played on a diamond shaped field?
Speaker 2: Baseball? Correct? Eddie?
Speaker 1: What sport involves touchdowns?
Speaker 2: Football? Correct? Morgan?
Speaker 1: And what sport would you do a slam dunk? Basketball?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 1: Easy trivia. The category is nineties movies. What nineteen ninety three film is about dinosaurs brought back to life through cloning? Amy, Jassic Park.
Speaker 2: Correct Lunchbox, in which.
Speaker 1: Nineteen ninety nine film does Bruce Willis play a child psychologist who helps a boy who sees dead people.
Speaker 2: Oh, the Sixth Sense?
Speaker 1: Correct Eddie, which nineteen ninety seven science fiction film stars Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones as agents dealing with extraterrestrial life on Earth.
Speaker 2: Men in Black, Correct Morgan, in which.
Speaker 1: Nineteen ninety five film is Mill Gibson play a Scottish warrior named William Wallace. Mmm in which nineteen ninety.
Speaker 5: Five film, Yeah, I think it's Braveheart.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 1: The category is the two thousands Amy. What popular video game three letter console name was released by Nintendo in two thousand and six? What popular video game known by its three letter console name Okay was released by Nintendo in two thousand and six?
Speaker 2: We correct? WLA.
Speaker 1: Do you guys know that?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I didn't know if it was, Oh you did?
Speaker 5: I was in PS and then PS five is popular?
Speaker 10: Right now?
Speaker 2: Is Lunchbox?
Speaker 1: Which two thousand and nine film directed by James Cameron became the highest grossing film of all time.
Speaker 2: Avatar.
Speaker 1: Correct, I thought that was Tatanic. Good job. Dang, that's crazy, But two thousand and nine, I guess would be there the ninety good job. I just blurted out Titanic though too. Yeah, probably Eddie. Which TV show premiering in two thousand and four features survivors of a plane crash on a mysterious island.
Speaker 2: Lost good.
Speaker 1: In the category of two thousands, Morgan, what artist released the hit single I'm on Tonight Send my Hipstone Lie in two thousand and six? Everybody's still in. Nobody's been boned yet. The category of superheroes, Amy, who is the god of Thunder and an Avenger M.
Speaker 2: Four?
Speaker 1: Correct Lunchbox. What superhero has an indestructible shield made of vibranium?
Speaker 2: Captain America?
Speaker 1: Correct Eddie? Who is the Amazonian Princess? That's a member of the Justice League. What Amazonian Princess and member of the Justice League. That's the Amazon Oh, well, this is America's so wonder Woman.
Speaker 2: Correct Morgan.
Speaker 1: What's the name of the superhero team led by Cyclops and Professor X the X Men?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 1: Wow, A little bit harder easy trivia wait down With superheroes, the category is grammar oops. Amy. What is the term for a word the names a person, place, thing, or idea noun? Correct, lunchbox. What is the term for a word that describes an action or a state of being actions adjective? Incorrect?
Speaker 2: Bone?
Speaker 10: You've been an action?
Speaker 8: Is a verb?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 1: You've been boned?
Speaker 2: Eddie?
Speaker 1: What do you call a word that describes a noun that's an adjective? Correct? Morgan. What's the term for a noun that represents a specific name of a person, place, or thing. The term for a noun that represents a specific person, place, or thing and is capitalized.
Speaker 5: A term for a noun that.
Speaker 1: Represents a specific name of a person, place, or thing.
Speaker 5: Why is this hurting?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, she's holding her.
Speaker 1: Head as it's hurting her brain.
Speaker 5: It's really hurting it. I don't know. Oh was it proper?
Speaker 1: It is proper?
Speaker 4: It is not.
Speaker 5: So proper. Would be Bobby, but pronoun would be him her good? And then lunch Truck says to me again, that was a verb. I tried to remember.
Speaker 1: Two people were made, Amy and Eddie.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 1: The category is nineties music. Amy, what song by Whitney Houston became a massive hit in nineteen ninety two, was featured in the Bodyguard. I Will Always Love You, Correct Eddie. What band released the song Losing My Religion in nineteen ninety one. Ri Em correct Amy, Isaac Taylor and Zach were three members of What, famous nineties pop group Isaac Taylor and Zach Hanson. Correct Eddie. What artist released Jagged Little Pill in nineteen ninety five. Alanis Morissett Correct competition TV shows Amy? What TV Competition has celebrity contest and singing while wearing elaborate outfits.
Speaker 5: The masked singer correct Eddie.
Speaker 1: What singing Competition features the judges turning their chairs for contestants the voice correct One more category about a sudden death health two questions each Amy. Which organ is responsible for filtering and cleaning the blood?
Speaker 5: The blood? Oh, it's between two.
Speaker 3: I don't want to say which other one I'm thinking of, because what's that in this question?
Speaker 5: The blood.
Speaker 1: Lever Incorrect? It's the kidney.
Speaker 2: Some mom bones kidney give it to me, Eddie.
Speaker 1: What's the vitamin known as the sunshine vitamin.
Speaker 2: AH for the wind? I immediately want to go to sea because I feel like that bottle at the store has the sun on it.
Speaker 1: The oranges, D what I do?
Speaker 2: It's ede last question? Whout three three hit him?
Speaker 1: This is a bizarre story, and I promise you I am not exaggerating at all. In our bathroom, the men's bathroom, there are two stand up journals against a wall, only two, and a tiny sink, and there are two sit down toilets right behind the two journals, very doors with doors. It's a very tiny room. And so I was walking into the bathroom and I might leave the show once every three days to go to the bathroom. I rarely go pee or the other one. But I walk in and Eddie's leaving, and that was it. So I walk up to lunchbox and he's peeing next to me. I'm like, hey, man, your peace stream is really weak. And I kid.
Speaker 2: Exactly, I mean, why are you coming, Eddie? What happened? Five minutes before that? I was in the bath them too, And I got there though when he was walking in and he goes, oh, man, I got a piece so bad. I'm thinking, Okay, he's gonna be there for a while because there's a lot's gonna come out. Dide I heard trickle trickle, lu Are you okay? Dude, like, that's a slow stream.
Speaker 5: So because it's so slow, it takes them a long time.
Speaker 1: So you promise everybody promises that lunchbox. Well, then like three minutes time, both of us hit you with the dude, your stream is weak? Are you okay?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 2: Both of you guys hee me with the stream talk?
Speaker 1: Did you think we had like talked about it outside.
Speaker 8: I was like Edie must have tipped him off on the outside, Hey, say something about his stream, talk about his stream, comment on his stream.
Speaker 2: I don't know, bones, I didn't know that you experienced the same thing though, Yes, so.
Speaker 5: Sometimes it's different. So maybe that was just that moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe it was just a bad experience.
Speaker 1: It's like mister burns a pink. It was not very strong the cent old man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, release the hend. Are you okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I think I'm okay. Maybe I just didn't have a lot stored up. Maybe I thought I had more uh in there than.
Speaker 1: I Well, that also is not okay. No, No, it's all like a bladder infection.
Speaker 3: No no, no, I'm saying like, if you feel like you have to pee and then you can't pee, it's a no no, no.
Speaker 1: I could pee there people coming out. You have all those like red bumps around it.
Speaker 8: Who no, and some of it may be shingles. I don't know, but I haven't gotten no doctor anyway.
Speaker 1: I the stream was weak. My stream is strong.
Speaker 2: Some always weak though, No, no, no, no, just that day and.
Speaker 8: Maybe it was just a bad, bad trip. Maybe I maybe I had gone a little bit earlier and we had a break. It's all like, maybe you would know if you went earlier. Now you're just creating scenarios all to say that it was so weak, Amy.
Speaker 2: It was kind of like when you turn.
Speaker 1: A water foster off and it just drips, like after you take a bath and you turn it off.
Speaker 5: It's do y'all compare streams?
Speaker 2: Stream is like never streams?
Speaker 5: Do you want a more powerful stream? Does it mean something?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Amy is healthy. It's like if you go outside of the crickets are chirping and then all of a sudden they just stop. You're like, WHOA, something's weird.
Speaker 1: Remember the day that all of those one of those bugs has died, And you're like, wow, that feels weird. I said, what, let's watch the streams sound like exactly? His p was so weak.
Speaker 2: I looked over to make sure you're still alive.
Speaker 8: Amy Google week pe and s's a big deal.
Speaker 2: Oh, I googled it. It's a big deal. Let's say prostate cancer. No, everything's cancer with you. That's what I saw on Google.
Speaker 1: Man, you guys have a rash all over his midsection.
Speaker 7: I have it from the Urology Care Foundation, so I think that's legit. It says for men, the most common cause of this issue is b p H, basically meaning the bladder is not emptying properly, so you may have some roasted out b p.
Speaker 3: H benign prostatic hyperpleasia.
Speaker 1: He definitely has that.
Speaker 2: That's prostatic.
Speaker 1: I remember saying next time, that's the hyperplasia I've ever heard it.
Speaker 5: He could also simply have weak bladder muscles.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's definitely. I mean he's pretty weird.
Speaker 5: Or he could have n s D.
Speaker 1: No, is that a non surgical.
Speaker 5: It's a nervous system disease.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: But worried about you so much so that Eddie and I did not talk about it at all. We both paid next to it. We were like, your p is really weak, man, do you?
Speaker 2: No? Not is something worth worse than NSD?
Speaker 10: No STD, no SD, no.
Speaker 3: Single no, no, I'm saying no to that, and that an STD can cause urine flow.
Speaker 1: You do have dots all over your section?
Speaker 2: That's going on? Moms?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Why do I have dribbling?
Speaker 1: Dribble? Part probably watching a basketball game?
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh I know he has a partially obstructed you.
Speaker 2: What could be in the partial?
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, why is this so funny to me?
Speaker 1: It's not you, it's right and the guys that's going to feel bad for him so much so that I was like, are you okay? Your peace stream feels okay?
Speaker 5: As men age your prostate in large, that could be a problem.
Speaker 2: Well, rooting for you, buddy, Yeah, good luck dude.
Speaker 1: If that checked out, man, I could No, that's not overactive bladder?
Speaker 5: What color is?
Speaker 1: Because I didn't look at his urines? No, no, don't be crazy, We didn't look, did you know? You know why they call people pissed poor. The root of that is back hundreds of years ago, the very poor people they would sell their urine to. What they would sell their urine to like dye rugs, animal pelts, rugs, and so that meant they were so poor. They call that pissed poor.
Speaker 2: That's so sad. That's good.
Speaker 1: That's but he's so poor that he has to pee and sell it. Well, he doesn't really peat.
Speaker 5: Oh, lunchbox needs to do exercise.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go am he's too deep in.
Speaker 5: No, No, he needs to tighten his pelvic floor muscles and strong.
Speaker 10: Bobby Bone show.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 8: This story comes us from Indian River County, Florida. A twenty seven year old man. I went to a local golf course, found a golf cart, drove it away, Yeah, stolen. How am I going to sell this? Puts it on Facebook marketplaces? Hey, I'll meet you at the Sheriff's office to sell it.
Speaker 4: What is that?
Speaker 5: Just convenient for him?
Speaker 1: Is that on the corner by his house in.
Speaker 2: The parking lot? Not sure?
Speaker 1: And police came out and say, hey, man, what's going on here?
Speaker 2: Why are we selling stuff?
Speaker 1: I can never put this guy in jail. Something's wrong with him, like, something's nuts to that. That is your it's not working.
Speaker 8: He's a bonehead, no more than a medical Just go across the street to the walgreens man like that.
Speaker 2: There's something not right.
Speaker 6: He did not go to jail.
Speaker 1: Starry, you go to the doctor, You go to a lot. Somebody that's sells something stolen in the sheriff's office parking lot. That is automatic. If you don't go to jail, we work on it unless Yeah, no one less he was. Maybe he's worried he's gonna get robbed. That's a great point, like, no one will rob you in the sheriff no lot but.
Speaker 2: The sheriff though, and then the shaff he got nervous. Park a lot can be big, right, Yeah, maybe it's big.
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 8: He just was in the sheriff's parting a lot of shrits, like what are we doing out here? And then they busted him for a stolen golf cart?
Speaker 1: Is that so smart or is it so dumb? How's it smart if it works and he doesn't get robbed, right, he went to somewhere protected.
Speaker 2: If he's able to pull it off and actually sell it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like, why would they think I'm doing something.
Speaker 2: Exactly if I do it?
Speaker 1: Yes, Well it didn't work out. No, he got busted. This guy's an idiot, but it could have been so smart. Okay, I'm lunchboxed. That's your bonehead story of the day.
Speaker 2: Eddie was up, so I went to my doctor's office and the lady that runs the front desk is a big fan of the show. And I was leaving one day and she said, hey, would you do me a huge favor? Like, I'm so embarrassed to ask, but I have two of Bobby's books. Would you mind taking into Bobby and get him signed? And I was like, yeah, no problem, And then I didn't even think about it, like, well, I should probably ask Bobby, like is that all right? Like does that make you weird? Like if I brought you some books of a random person, like, hey, that's not weird.
Speaker 1: If you were like, hey, man, I'm a big fan, will you sign, I'd be like, you're in my house all the time, so you're not in my house anymore weird?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I already have all that. No, no, that's not true.
Speaker 1: When I wrote everybody listening, I like, tell you a very brief story. My wife, Oh, it's first time we've heard this. Yes, she's the one that donated it.
Speaker 2: I know that for sure.
Speaker 5: Matt, you know he said that you probably blocked it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this is a story.
Speaker 2: I have written two books.
Speaker 1: I've been very fortunate they've both been New York Times bestsellers. Flex but the first one was called bare Bones. I'm not lonely.
Speaker 2: If you're reading this book, it was basically my life story.
Speaker 1: The second one was called fail until you Don't Fight, Grind Repeat, basically kind of my theory on how to be successful if you're not giving a lot of God gifted talents or money. So I wrote those books, and I knew that it wasn't like a really cool gift to be like, here's my book, go read it. But it was just kind of like a ceremonial thing, like, hey, I really appreciate you guys a support. So here's a book. I wrote each of you a little note in there, and here you go. And that was it. A listener goes, hey, how was it the.
Speaker 2: It's like a thrift shot thrift shop.
Speaker 1: And found this book that you wrote to Eddie and we're like, I wonder if it's the same Eddie.
Speaker 2: We looked at it.
Speaker 1: It was like, dear Eddie, thanks for being my best Mexican. It was like a super specific thing. Still, yes, at the thrift store, somebody donated the book that I gave him. Didn't expect him to read it, but it was kind of like a gift of a thank you, and he was like, I didn't do it.
Speaker 2: I didn't do it. And I was shocked when I heard that call come in. So I went home and asked my wife, and she said, I don't know. Like I take a lot of stuff to the to goodwill, it could be that could have been in there. But why would she throw out my book anyway? I think she just grabbed a pile of books that we had.
Speaker 1: My book and a pile of books because I gave it to you as a special thing.
Speaker 2: Oh, because I put it in the shelf where all my books were. And she used to write the whole book shop, and she threw it. She took my Jimmy Buffett book, all my books, lunchbox Eddie.
Speaker 1: Eddie says all his books. Eddie's read like two books in his life.
Speaker 2: So let's not like there's a lot of books. That's a good point. But I've been gifted lots of books that I don't read.
Speaker 5: We even know the books he's read.
Speaker 3: It was Matthew McConaughey's day Light and then the one about the convicted guy Jerie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that was a good book man. Yeah, did jim Jimmy Buffett Pirate Looks for forty that's a good one.
Speaker 1: Did you ever read the book that I signed for you? No?
Speaker 2: No, I know it.
Speaker 1: Why would I read that, Amy, I'm not putting you out of the gun here.
Speaker 5: Oh but I read it.
Speaker 1: Okay, You're welcome.
Speaker 2: I've read I've read it three times.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate Okay, No, did I know you? Why would I read that? Okay?
Speaker 1: I will sign whatever books, but I'm not doing it for you. I'm doing it for her, for her, for down. You have already broken the trust in the signing book relationship. But I'm happy to do it. Not really that weird unless it's for you. We appreciate everybody being here. Thank you so much. As we leave for the weekend, let me recommend not only do you listen to this podcast, but this show if you missed any of it. We're on for one hundred hours. It feels like Amy also has a really good podcast called four Things with Amy Brown. Amy, what are you talking about on the episode?
Speaker 3: My guest is Ken Coleman, and he is a co host with Dave Ramsey and then he also has his show as part of the Ramsey Family.
Speaker 5: But we're talking about how.
Speaker 3: Being unhappy at work can affect your mental health, and he can help you find clarity on how to get through that and not be completely miserable, but also finding your purpose, like if you would like to make a transition and how to work that job but transition into the next and finding your true passion and there. I had a listener email too about finances, like taking them over the first time for the first time, and he has some really good tips for her.
Speaker 5: So we cover a lot of different things.
Speaker 1: For things to be specific, check that out Four Things with Amy Brown. Yeah, you have the weekend. You're looking for a new podcast, go check it out. You guys have a great weekend. We will see you Monday.
Speaker 2: Come out Bobby Boom's Show.