Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: We did it. We made it to a Thursday. It's draft day, it's draft night. And apparently there are a lot of people in Green Bay who don't have jobs because they're all here today. They're all here today. They're all here today, all the people in Green Bay. There a lot of kids skipping school, but people were lined up four in the morning to get in here for some reason to witness this program. But the gang's all here. The king of comedy, Fritzi, you got Marv Seaton, Paulie, yours truly the back room guys, and we learned something this morning. Fritzy is a diehard Bronco fan, Honey, a real die you're gonna.
Speaker 3: Do this that's just not necessary.
Speaker 2: It's not necessary. I'm gonna let the audience decide if it's not necessary. We're looking at draft scenarios, we're talking about possibilities of where somebody's going to go. And then Fritzi, who's ay once again a lifelong Bronco fan, doesn't realize the Broncos have a first round draft pick. So we have a board right behind Seaton and Paulie, all of the teams there and Todd looks over. He goes, Broncos don't have a first round draft pick.
Speaker 4: Something looked off there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I was like, I think that after the Russell Wilson deal, for the next ten years, they don't have a first round pick. I was just so upset with the way that all played out in Denver. I just thought that for the next few years at least, they have nothing better than a second round pick. But I checked after I made that comment publicly, when I should have just.
Speaker 2: Do you look at drafts to see where your Broncos are, what they're doing.
Speaker 4: You found out if they were picking in the top five or top ten.
Speaker 2: You have a first round pick time, okay, but nun till twenty Okay. Do you want to just admit you're wrong? We move on. I was wrong, Okay, I did not know.
Speaker 4: I thought there was maybe a second round pick.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think the issue, apps perhaps, okay, was the way in which it was framed when Todd had said it, say, I don't know if that's supposed to represent the draft order, but it's not correct. Yes, okay, what's the problem. Broncos don't have a pick for one? Okay, here we go. Yeah, that's that's a problem.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I probably should have just said the Broncos are first round. Packtor. What I should have done anything? I should have just checked the draft order and I would have seen it.
Speaker 2: I mean, it is your team, right.
Speaker 4: It is. And I've been rid of him since nineteen.
Speaker 2: Se if I asked Packer fans, where do the Packers draft in the first round?
Speaker 4: There was no i'mn't here anybody yelling the number.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think there was a twenty three, twenty three? Okay, check that. Make sure they're right. They are. Okay, See, they know where their team is.
Speaker 4: It's very easy quickly google things up.
Speaker 2: That's what they did. They were prepared because they thought I was going to ask them, so they wanted to be prepared, unlike you.
Speaker 5: That was poor. That was poor by man. I should have looked it up. A we're making comment of seat in center. I think that's wrong there. I don't know why the Bronco's up there. They don't go to a second.
Speaker 3: Somebody here thinks that's right, but it's wrong.
Speaker 4: Okay, does anybody check the board of the lights and the camera.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the program, already in progress. Here this first down. We're brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the program. You get autograph cards, memorabilia cards, rare inserts, start a continue collection now Panini America dot Net. Stat of the Day brought to you was always by Panini America, the official trading cards of the program. We'll talk to Drew Brees. You'll join us coming up in about fifteen minutes from now. Kurt Warner stops by, and then a couple of great draft analysts, Matt Miller from the Mothership, Daniel Jeremiah from NFL Network. We're still waiting for trades. I've been told there will be trades. I've been told that there are a couple of teams who want to go up into the top five. I was told Ashton Gent is the guy that some teams might be circling. Once again. As Peter Schrager said on the Mothership yesterday, it's okay to admit you don't know what's going to happen. And that's his job as a draft analyst. I'm just a host. I try to get information when I can. Talking to people yesterday, and it feels like everybody thinks that it's going to go a little bit chalk there to start. It'll be Cam Wore, then it'll be Travis Hunter than Abdul Carter. I'm still not sold on the Giants and the Patriots just staying there not doing anything. I think if you're the Giants, you need to make a splash in some way. But I don't know if Jacksonville at five takes Ashton genty, I don't know if somebody's going to go up and get somebody. It usually happens every single year.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I was looking at some of these draft day trades, and you know, I always go back to when the Kansas City Chiefs got Patrick Mahomes because Houston traded the twenty fifth overall pick in twenty eighteen, that was a first round pick to move up to twelve to take Deshaun Watson. Well, Kansas City gave up the twenty seventh overall pick and a third rounder and then first round pick in twenty eighteen to move up to number ten to take Patrick Mahomes. Well, we've had Sean Payton on the show and he said they were going after Mahomes. If Mahomes was there, that they were going to take him. Well, they had Drew Brees at the time, which would have been interesting. Drewel join us. I'm gonna ask him if he knew anything about that, But Sean Payton said he wanted Patrick Mahomes. Now, the Bears traded up in the same draft to get Mitchell Trubisky, and he was a Pro Bowl quarterback. He was ish. He was a Pro Bowl ish quarterback. But Chicago gave up a third round pick, fourth round pick, third round pick. They moved up to from third to second overall. Because everybody apparently wanted Mitchell Trubisky, they had to go up there and get him. So that's the other quarterback who was There were three quarterbacks traded for in that first round. Here's another one I forgot all about. The Atlanta Falcons traded to get Julio Jones, and they gave up a whole lot to get Julio Jones. This is twenty eleven. They sent their first, second and fourth round picks to Cleveland, along with their first and fourth round picks the following year, and they moved from twenty seven up to six, and then they took Julio Jones, who's probably a Hall of Famer. The Patriots when they had that draft day trade. I think it was a fourth round pick for Randy Moss. The Steelers they selected Troy Palomalu, and you know, they traded up to get Palomlu, and they didn't give up too much a third and a sixth round pick for a guy who'll be a Hall of famer. The Steelers traded for Jerome Bettis. Now he was with the La Rams for three years. And after that they give up a second round pick and a fourth round pick to get Jerome Bettis, who's a Hall of famer. The Chiefs traded to select Tony Gonzalez, who's you know, it's weird to say you're underrated at fifteen thousand receiving yards in thirteen hundred receptions. And also you have a child with Jeff Bezos, his fiance, so you can incorporate that into his entire resume. No, you did, but yeah, he was. He dated Lauren Sanchez for a while as well. We give you the full package here, okay, just say package get it Amazon. Yeah, Oh a political Seahawks traded to select Walter Jones, hall of famer. Chargers in the Giants swap quarterbacks. That was Eli Manning and Phil Rivers, and I think that worked out. I think both are Hall of famish. Eli's going to be Hall of Famer. Philip Rivers hall of Famer.
Speaker 6: Stats wise, not accomplishment wise.
Speaker 2: Okay, So no, okay, his numbers are better than Eli's. Yes, not a Hall of Famer. I don't know. Maybe I could ask Drew Brees' Phil because the Chargers had Drew and then they drafted Philip Rivers. The Buccaneers traded up to get Derek Brooks Hall of Famer. Cowboys traded to take EMMITTT. Smith. I forgot about this as well, so they get him on a draft day trade. They sent a third round pick to the Steelers. They move up from twenty first to seventeenth, and they took Emmitt Smith and then Jerry Rice. The forty nine Ers traded to get Jerry Rice. I don't remember that one either, but greatest wide receiver, one of the greatest players of all time. So it's a draft day deal. Bill Walsh loved Jerry Rice Mississippi Valley State. They needed to move up from twenty eighth to sixteenth overall, so they made a trade with the Patriots. They sent a second third round pick to New England. They got a third round pick in return, and San Francisco moved up to take Jerry Rice, which might be the greatest draft day trade of all time. Yes, if you're going to grade them, I don't know if one if you're talking about, you know, here's the greatest receiver of all time. You didn't give up an awful lot to get it, Yes, Poe, I guess you could go back to Drew Brees.
Speaker 6: Two thousand and one, the Atlanta Falcons went from five to one to get Michael Vick. So by going down in the draft of five, the Chargers drafted Ladanian Thomason first ballot Hall of Famer at five, and then the first pick of round two they drafted Drew Brees, which I know he had a few good years in San Diego, very good years. But as far as what you got for that trade, that's an all timer.
Speaker 2: You got two Hall of Famers, Yeah, Ladanian, Tomlinson and then Drew Wow. Yeah. But you know what, at the time, I mean, Michael Vick was considered a sure thing. He was changing the position he had been unbelievable Virginia Tech. It just I view Michael Vick the way I do Kyler Murray. I think the game came real easy to them, and then they didn't put in the time that would take them from being really good to great or a Hall of Famer. But Vic at his moments where you know, then when he got out of prison, Tony Dungeee goes to Andy Reid and said, hey, would you take Michael Vick because you know, Tony visited Michael in prison. You know, I've documented this that we went to a prison with Michael Vick and Tony Dungee and talked to kids in Tampa and the Tampa area, and so Tony was mentoring Michael and then Andy Reid took him in Philadelphia and gave him a second chance. So these Draft day deals, they do happen, maybe nothing to this magnitude, but as of right now, it's pretty quiet on the Western front. So we'll talk to Drew Brees coming up. Poll question, Today's seaton is going to be. By the way, Celtic's up two oh in the Magic Cabs up two to oh in the heat, and Jimmy Butler got hurt and the Warriors loss to the Rockets last night, So Draft time night tonight. Fifteen players will be in attendance, and so far no trades.
Speaker 3: So what do we have, Seaton, Well, I got a couple here from the towb I'm gonna filter out the ones that I think he's gonna getripped for. No, no, no, you know what I'm sticking up for Todd today.
Speaker 2: No, No, that's not good content.
Speaker 3: Yes it is.
Speaker 2: No, it's not.
Speaker 3: I'm just being am I being the antagonist or the protagonist. I'm just trying to like counteract. So it's not all.
Speaker 2: Well okay, Todd, Todd brings this on himself.
Speaker 3: We're quick to run through that door. Well, yeah, that door only needs to be cracked up, but a little bit for us to bust wide open.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: So the one that I was gonna say is NFL Draft Day is awesome, over hyped or just a Thursday late in April. There's no reason to be that negative.
Speaker 2: Okay. Did you see what he talked about with Green Bay? Uh? Oh? Now do you want to give the Green Bay items there? Todd?
Speaker 5: I could, Paulie suggested, I probably don't go in that direction rightfully.
Speaker 6: So what I saw his stand up bit that he had Bay, I don't know if it's gonna help him in town here.
Speaker 2: I think it's good content. There you go, you're just having fun.
Speaker 4: I got the idea.
Speaker 5: I went to a Nikki Glazer concert a couple months ago, and at the end, I don't know if she does I guess she does it in every city she goes to.
Speaker 2: And people laugh.
Speaker 5: She rips the she kind of teases the city that she's performing and find some questionable things about it, and it kind of pokes at the very end of her concert. She did that when I saw her in Hartford, she did a bunch of things about it.
Speaker 2: Chanced the crowd. If they want to hear your Green Bay jokes.
Speaker 4: You guys want to hear a few of these. And this is all tongue in cheek. It's not meant to be mean. It's not meant to be mean. It's just like for fun.
Speaker 2: It's not mean.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll just say, if it's a stand up thing, and we do have microphones out there, we could and it's in a stage. If I'm not mistaken, we I mean, can we get an impromptu stand up set? Maybe we can't do it in this segment exactly.
Speaker 2: But okay, how about after Drew Brees. Then we're gonna have Fritzie go out there in front of the green Bay audience.
Speaker 6: Yes, so Fritzie has to follow a Hall of Famer with eighty thousand year it's passing.
Speaker 2: Yes, you got great, Yes, and then you'll go out there and you'll do your stand up act in front of the folks here, and I.
Speaker 4: Feel like a big set up for failure a little bit, that's.
Speaker 2: Correct, Yes, of course, are you new to this show?
Speaker 4: A little bit?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: I should have known better.
Speaker 2: So what's the pole question today?
Speaker 3: Well, let's see, I'm gonna run through these from the t O dub. When looking for a place to settle down, I prefer big city or a small town, Okay, appropriate, appropriate.
Speaker 2: Nice, nice.
Speaker 4: It's not a shot to anything.
Speaker 2: No, no, No one said that because I lived in New York and l A.
Speaker 5: And then you come to Green Bay, and there's obviously differences. Things that are good, things are bad. So I just wanted to make sure it's not that's not a shot at green Bay that I'm asking about big city or smaller.
Speaker 3: Which I would say this is would then maybe be a smaller city, but definitely not a small town.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it has a town field. Yeah, yeah, but it's it's a city.
Speaker 3: When consuming large amounts of barbecue, I prefer a huge plate with my one favorite item, or a small sam platter with several different things. Okay, okay, corn bread with barbecue a must or unnecessary kind of dry if you ask me. Dang.
Speaker 5: I was initially excited about the corn bread, and not that the place we went to was bad, but I guess in general, I just realized, unless you dip it in gravy or pour something on, it's kind of a dry.
Speaker 4: I don't know, it's it's like it's like drier.
Speaker 5: Than sponge cake corn bread a little bit. I know it goes well with barbecue, but I don't know what I was expecting. But I was expecting something a little softer and mushier.
Speaker 3: And you should have looked down, like you, man, there's this place that they sometimes they do like apple butter with it or something. You ever have that, dang man, that's good.
Speaker 2: Okay. Todd's right across from me as we're eating last night, and.
Speaker 5: I felt like I ordered the wrong thing based on what you and poly got. I should have went with what I didn't get. Yeah, because there was that I went all in on burnt I know, I know you guys had like a little nine different things when you're playing, Like I should have.
Speaker 2: Got to a sample platter. Yeah, that was awesome, Like you just sampled, just sampled.
Speaker 5: After the eleventh burnt in, I'm like, you know what, maybe I wouldn't have mind a little brisket and.
Speaker 4: A little sausage or chicken or pulled pork something with this.
Speaker 2: And what he was eating probably didn't sit well with him. As we stop and we got some beer before we went back. Uh and uh. Todd said, I thought we were going directly back to the apart to the hotel. I said, no, we were getting some beer.
Speaker 4: The guy stopped at a supermarket.
Speaker 5: There was a smoke shop, and there was like at least three stops.
Speaker 4: I'm like, guys, I just had barbecue and I got some gas fit issues.
Speaker 2: We went. We went to a smoke shop because I wanted to smoke a cigar, and then we and then all of a sudden we stopped to get beer, and Todd goes, do we have any other stops? I thought we were going directly to the hotel.
Speaker 5: I went in there and they're like employees only I didn't even have to say anything, just the expression of this and the way I walked in.
Speaker 4: They're like employees, only.
Speaker 2: It's not that's okay, okay.
Speaker 4: He was not happy about the stops lost.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, and I was like, we pull into the parking lot and he runs into the Uh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, get away right to the elevator. I almost took the stairs. The elevator was taken too long.
Speaker 2: All right, So do we have a full question first hour?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 3: Well, we could, you know, sometimes we like to do this from time to time, but we could do a based off of our guests. Whose career do you want?
Speaker 2: Oh? That one? So Drew Brees or Kurt Warner?
Speaker 3: Oh no, I was going Matt Miller or Daniel Jeremiah, that old question analyst on analysts. Okay, really get him. Maybe we could do Drew Brees and Kurt Warner if you want it.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's gonna be awkward. I'm taking Drew Brees' career first hour. You might take Kurt Warner's career second hour. When he joins us, yeah, no, we're not doing all right? All right? Let me let me let me take a break. Todd Broncos have a first John Draft pick.
Speaker 4: I heard they go twentieth. Is that true?
Speaker 2: All right, we'll take a break here. Just getting started. Drew Brees joins us next year on the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live draft coverage. Yep, we're the first pick the biggest names that know about every player and every team. You've got it right here, God listen ass Fox NFL insider Jay Glazer, former New York Jets general manager Joe Douglas, College Football Hall of Famer and former number two overall pick, LaVar Eringtech and Fox Sports lead college football reporter Jemmy Tap delivered a pick.
Speaker 2: Fine pick covering good at the next Nightday.
Speaker 1: Night, Fox Draft Night Live lives right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: We have our play of the day coming up. We'll get to phone calls as well. Age seven to seven three DP Show operator Tyler is sitting by. Say good morning to those watching on Peacock and it's our streaming partner. Thank you for downloading the app. We'll talk to Drew Brees here in a moment. The According to DraftKings, the over under for total qbs taken in the first round is minus one sixty five. It was minus one twenty yesterday. The question is how far do some of these quarterbacks slide? But Daniel Jeremiah, who we spoke to yesterday, he said that it's a certainty that the Browns are taking Travis Hunter. Daniel Jeremiah will join us coming up in the final hour at the program. Uh, let's see anything else that we need to mention. Settling in on a poll question, Todd will do his stand up back for the folks of Green Bay. We'll see if they find his humor. Yeah, be careful what you asked for. That's all I'm going to say. He's Drew Brees joining us on behalf of a state line. He greened the Glass Distillery straight from Wisconsin Farms, promoting the back to back San Francisco World Spirit Competition double gold winner state Line Coffee Liqueur. We say hello to Drew Brees.
Speaker 7: Alright, all right, so what's up, guys? How we doing?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 7: I brought some for you for later.
Speaker 2: All right, there you go. Oh well, I've got an autograph here, ready to go.
Speaker 7: With you for the morning and coffee the course for the draft.
Speaker 2: R to DP. Don't get hammered through breed fair enough there. When I say NFL Draft, first thing that comes to mind is what.
Speaker 7: Well, probably probably my own draft experience. You know, that it's a it's a it's become an even crazier time, I think for these guys, just because there's so much there's so much hype leading into it, you know, with the way that the media encircles it, and also the fact that we've dedicated now the first round to kind of a primetime slot, you know, and so everybody descends on a town like Green Bay, which I love the fact that we have a chance to come and highlight some of the great you know, venues and meccas of football.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 7: Draft, Uh, you know, I was it was. It was in New York. So this is two thousand and one. I chose not to go. I just wanted to stay in West Lafayette at Purdue at my wife, my brother, our dog, and we just fried up some fish and and watch the draft. But uh, and it wasn't. It wasn't because look, there was a lot of speculation. I think for me, I hoped I would go in the first round. I think it was about ten or twelve teams that I thought were strong possibilities, with the Miami Dolphins sitting at pick number twenty six, where I basically had gotten a guarantee from my head coach Joe Tiller. He said, Hey, one of my best friends is a scout for the Dolphins. If you're there at twenty six, they're taking you, right. So I kind of had that as like my stop. I stopped at like, Hey, no matter what happens, Hey, I got Jacksonville, here, I got Kansas City, got this, I got that. Twenty six comes, you know, I'm just walked over to the phone. You know, Dolphins are gonna call. And they didn't call. They drafted Jamar Fletcher Wisconsin, who picked me off about three times in college. I was like, ah, it's probably a good pick. And then obviously fell to the second round and was drafted by the San Diego Chargers, which was the greatest thing that could have happened to me because I had a chance to go play with Doug Flutie Ladani and Thomason Lorenzo O'Neil, junior seal, Rodney Harrison, some of the greatest in my opinion, ever played the game at their positions and also get coached by Marty Schottenheimer.
Speaker 2: But okay, you probably played with the chip on your shoulder. Do I'm guessing? Oh yeah, played it with a chip on your shoulder in the NFL.
Speaker 7: That's been a lifetime thing.
Speaker 2: Do you still have a chip on your shoulder?
Speaker 7: No? I mean, look, it's uh, I'm more about proving the people who believe in you're right as opposed to proven the others wrong. At the end of the day, I've always felt like playing the quarterback position at six feet tall. You know, Look, I don't know what it's like to play it at six', five, right you, know so so to hear all of, THAT i, mean, LOOK i heard that coming out of high. School you, know six foot one hundred and seventy. Pounds you, know you're not the prototype. Guy you, know we're not going to recruit. You but that's Why Doug flutie was such an inspiration me and such a mentor for. Me you, know he was the starting quarterback WHEN i got to The San Diego, chargers and it Was he's probably one of the biggest influences on my, career.
Speaker 2: And he made you feel.
Speaker 3: Tall, Look flutie Was mahomes Before mahomes.
Speaker 7: EXACTLY i was the tallest guy in the quarterback room in two thousand and. One it Was Doug flutie at five to. Nine he'll tell you five ten and a. Half he's full of. It it's five to, nine all. Right and Then Dave, dickinson who was A cfl, legend came, down played a couple of years in THE nfl and now he's he's the head coach in THE. Cfl. Still so those are the two other guys in the. Room double d was five ten and a half and then SO i was six. Foot so we were the six foot in. Underclub we were not not real imposing walking out winning any pregame, competitions walking around on the. Field but May i'll tell you what Fluty flutie could sling.
Speaker 2: It he he he was ahead of his. Time could you imagine him playing now where they would have encouraged him to Be Doug flutie At Boston, college.
Speaker 7: He would he'd be one of the most celebrated quarterbacks. Ever, YEAH i mean he. Was he was throwing back shoulders before everybody was throwing back. Shoulders the guy would back pedal a seven step drop from under. Center when's the last time you saw? That, well they, don't they. Don't theyn't take we don't take snaps under center. Anymore what AM i talking? About but, no he, was he. Was he was well ahead of his time and in my, opinion one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time that will never get the credit he.
Speaker 2: Does but do you think we should go back to under center because it does give more deception with and play, action and you, know when you're in the, gun it just seems like we're taking away a little mystery that maybe you could incorporate or. Reincorporate you DO i?
Speaker 7: THINK i think if you, talked if you talk to running, backs you know the only. Way first, off being under center gives you really a two way threat in the run, game right because the back is in what we call the home positions right behind the. Quarterback so we can go, right he go, left he can go inside and go. Outside the minute you go in, shotgun what does the back? Do, well he has to offset one. DIRECTION a lot of times defenses set their, front set their defense based on where the back is, aligned because typically he's going to come across the quarterback in order to take the, handoff and then THE qb will have some sort OF rpo, read, Hey i'm reading the defensive. End if he, Crashes i'm pulling it Or i'm au dishing it out. Here so it tells the defense a lot about where the ball is going to be. Run the only way to combat that is to put the back in, pistol which is directly behind. You, well the back has a hard time seeing when he's directly behind the, quarterback, Right so there's, some there's, some and your passing game isn't as good because the back involved in protection has a hard time getting around you to pick up a blitzing linebacker that might be his. Responsibility so that's why like being under, Center yes it stresses the. Defense, yes it really helps with play. Action watch the reactional. Linebackers when you go under center and all of a sudden you give some sort of playfake, man they have to react to, it and you open up a lot of kind of the deeper intermediate. Stuff so LIKE i, watch you, know last year The Pittsburgh steelers With Russell. WILSON i think that's one of his great strengths go under, center and they want to run the, ball run the, ball play great, defense all play, action and then Let russ chuck. It and they were really successful doing. That Sean payton likes doing. That you watch the evolution of The broncos offense throughout the year With Bo. NICKS i Think bo got more and more comfortable going under. Center it helped the run, game it helped the play, action and therefore it helped their.
Speaker 2: Team do you want to be a quarterbacks?
Speaker 4: COACH i MEAN i am.
Speaker 7: ANYWAY i MEAN i coach kids throughout the, year a mentor kids throughout the. Year, no how, come, well it's it more so all the all the other THINGS i could. Do look BECAUSE i can still get the same thing, accomplished but without you, know, dedicated dedicated to one. TEAM i MEAN i have the chance to mentor and coach a lot of.
Speaker 2: Guys i'm talking To Drew, brees The hall Of. Famer you, know when you start to look at the draft and then we tend to build you up and then we tear you. Down so Should Or. Sanders he's going to be taken a top five, pick and then all of a, sudden then he has a bad interview or holds onto the ball too, long like it's just kind of, nitpicking you know that that do you understand the whole philosophy of. That we can't just say somebody is really, good it's really, good but because that's not GOOD tv to just, say, man that guy's, great can't. Miss all you.
Speaker 7: Need is one guy to love, you or one team or one coach or one. Scout you, know just in the history of, sports you, know how often have we heard, that you, know with certain guys for whatever, reason all these other teams just didn't see it or didn't believe. It and yet there's that one person on that one TEAM i want to coach on that one, team or that one scout who just stands up on the table for the guy and it's, Like i'm telling you he's got, Something we got. It we got to take, him and then the rest is. History and that's that's All Shador sanders.
Speaker 2: Needs but If shador Wasn't Dion, sun, like does it help him or does it hurt?
Speaker 7: Him, well, Look i've never seen more, hype never seen more hype in an off season than than what kind of has Encircled Shador sanders And Travis, hunter you, know and SO i think obviously a lot of that has come from you know what What prime has brought To colorado and kind of this process through the off season for those. Guys but also it's, look it's it's the way that they kind of build the lead up to the.
Speaker 2: Draft.
Speaker 7: NOW i mean there's more coverage on, this and there's more talk on, this there's more analysis on this than there ever has. Been and, look these, guys these guys are great. Players now it's just a matter of where they.
Speaker 2: Go, well they're looking for a. HEADLINE i, mean we're in the entertainment. Business what can we? Sell what's? Controversial Shodoor, Sanders Travis. Hunter the only controversy is is he going to be a wide? Receiver is he going to be a defensive? Back can he be? Both? Well do you think that he can be both in THE nfl at the same.
Speaker 7: TIME i, mean that's that's really that's really, difficult just the sheer number of, STAPs, snaps the physicality of the.
Speaker 2: Game but would you want your wide receiver playing defensive?
Speaker 7: Back? Game, no what you?
Speaker 2: Want would you want your defensive back playing wide?
Speaker 7: Receiver defensive coaches would say, no BUT i MEAN i think the probably the greater reality is you, know if if obviously having an elite, CORNER i, know just from my, perspective like a lot of the, times the the, uh the thing that you would find as a weakness in a defense, is, hey there's that ONE dB right That i'm trying to. Attack and in a lot of, cases, man you could be so sound at the other ten, positions but the minute you've got the one guy that you found to pick on that that can make a huge difference in your success in the. Game so if he him playing defense helps fill one of those gaps or voids or weaknesses on a defense, man that's where he's gonna. Play and then you supplement him on offense for specialty type. Stuff but, LOOK i MEAN i was amazed at what the guy did in college playing one hundred and forty fifty sixty snaps a. GAME i, mean that's, crazy you, know and as a as a twenty year old, kid it's. Doable as a twenty, five twenty, eight, YEAH i, mean at some, point you, know, hey he's going to be relegated to one side of the ball with contributions potentially on the other. SIDE i think the most realistic thing, Is, man he's A he either comes out and, says, Man i'm just playing, receiver or he's gonna PLAY dB and then he's gonna supplement a little bit On.
Speaker 2: Yeah but we're in the, Show Hey otani world, Now so NOW i get a two way. Guy marketing people are going to come out and see. Him he's the guy who can't miss in this. Draft the unicorn with, THIS i never understand that there's there's gonna be a couple Of hall Of famers in this. Draft it feels, like but we'll take our chances on. Quarterbacks so if You're, tennessee would you Take Travis hunter because he can't miss and he gives you that two way he gives you That otani? Effect or do you take a chance On Cam?
Speaker 7: Moore ask ask me ten years from.
Speaker 2: That when you get when you would go in the film, session would you guys, go that's the guy we're picking on On, sunday like collectively? Okay so absolutely? Yeah and what was his?
Speaker 7: Name you, know it's like we want to Take i'll give an. Example, man we were playing The we were playing The chargers twenty twenty On monday, night, football and, man we been struggling throughout the. GAME i, IRONICALLY i LITERALLY i tore my planner fascia in my foot in. Pregame this is the dumbest thing, ever, Right, so like all of a, SUDDEN i went from being able to move really well to not being able to move at. All it's just totally relegated to the. Pocket so Is Monday Night football twenty twenty at our. Place we get down seventeen, points we're kind of chipping our way. Back but it's just one of these like we're slugging it out and we're not doing much on, offense and they just had a great defensive plan for. Us, well one of their elite corners went out like early fourth quarter and they brought in their backup, guy And i'm, like, dude that's all we. Needed i'm just gonna sit here and throw it at this dude every single. Time and sure enough we. Did we end up going on two scoring. Drives we win the game in. Overtime but, literally if that doesn't, happen we probably don't win the. Game but it's just like there's a lot of, these you, know you're just kind of in real. Time what's happened in the, game and all of a sudden they lose a, guy or all of a sudden something happens that just changes the scheme or gives you a matchup that you like and you exploit.
Speaker 2: It you were, WATCHING i think during the commercial, break my guys were playing. Pickleball do you want to break down what you saw with.
Speaker 7: First it's possibly the worst example of middle aged athleticism that I've i've ever seen.
Speaker 2: It but you're saying, Possibly you're not saying definitively.
Speaker 7: No i'm sure there's, worse but but it was now.
Speaker 4: It was were they?
Speaker 2: Cheating was there?
Speaker 7: Cheating there was a lack of knowledge of the tools on a few. Occasions so the. Kitchen were you guys informed about the kitchen heard of?
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 7: Okay, okay loosely all? Right barbecue in the, kitchen good feet in the, kitchen taking a ball of the?
Speaker 4: Air?
Speaker 2: Bad? Right And todd is suffering from planner fan shatis right, now he played through. THAT i mean just saying you played in AN nfl. Game he played.
Speaker 5: Pickleball in the middle of the pickleball, match it stepped really hard on my left foot chasing a ball WHILE i.
Speaker 7: Was in the kitchen doesn't necessarily require a ton of. MOBILITY i, mean let's just let's just look at the demographic that plays a lot of pick a, Ball, Like i've gotten my butt kicked by plenty of seventy five year olds out there that aren't moving real, good but they got some quick.
Speaker 2: Twitch uh the state, Line how did you get involved with?
Speaker 7: This so they're A, Madison wisconsin based. Distillery great friends of. Mine they make incredible. Spirits that's one of the absolute. Best the Coffee liqueur a double gold winner at The San Francisco World Spirits competition two years in a. Row double gold means blind taste. Tests thirty two out of thirty two judges said that was the best coffee Lik cour in the. World so it's fantastic. Product, well it's good to see.
Speaker 2: You last, TIME i think it Was miami when you kind of just walked. ON i just.
Speaker 7: POPPED i just popped in a.
Speaker 2: Home it was. Great that was all, Right, no it's always.
Speaker 7: Great we guys had some awesome barbecue. Backstays we were reminiscent about.
Speaker 2: That, Yeah Trager Treger. Barbecue there where's the, trade where's Uh? Friday we bring Our Tragger's. Friday oh, okay Meat. Friday, SORRY i might have to stick around with that or just walk.
Speaker 7: ON i picked the wrong.
Speaker 2: Day do you have any good memories of Blambeau. FIELD i.
Speaker 7: Do she we Played we played here in six second game of the. Year so this is you, know the beginning of The Sean payton, era you, know not knowing what kind of a team we were gonna. Have obviously the coming back to you, know after Post katrina, year so magical. Season we ended up going going down thirteen points to these guys in the first quarter three, turnovers two of them were. Mine ended up coming back and beating, them you, know in the fourth, quarter and so that was kind of a, HUGE i think moral victory for, us just feeling like, we you, know gaining. Momentum and then the next game was The monday night football, game returning to The dome at least in black, punt so that was a big win for. Us twenty, eleven we came and played them here and that was The thursday night football game after they had won The Super. Bowl and that was a bit of a juggernaut. Contest, uh it was a. SHOOTOUT i Think aaron AND i both threw for four hundred yards and we Beat they beat, us but they we had a goal line stand right at the end where we're going to we're gonna jump in and tie. It we hand it to Mark ingram and then they just stop us right right at the goal. Line so we get beat and then they finished fifteen and one that. Year we were thirteen and. Three BUT i thought we were the two best teams in the league that.
Speaker 2: Year, YEAH i was here for that. Game that was not a controversial, ending was.
Speaker 7: It it was just, no not at, all just a hard fought. Game we drove down with about fifty two seconds left to try to tie it and send it to, ot But aaron played lights.
Speaker 2: Out you.
Speaker 7: KNOW i felt like we, Played we played pretty well and it was just one of those heavyweight.
Speaker 2: Matches best quarterback performance you ever witnessed.
Speaker 7: Man the first one that came to mind WAS i played Against Peyton manning and The colts in two thousand and four in the game Where peyton Broke Dan marino's single season touchdown, mark so he threw touchdown number forty nine back When dan had the record at forty, eight and we were we played first first of, all we were heavy underdogs in this.
Speaker 4: GAME i was with The.
Speaker 7: Chargers we come play The colts and we just. Play we play so lights, out so lights, out and we're Beating we're we're winning by seven going into the final drive And peyton this is the this is the game where it gets to fourth down And peyton sends the punt team off the field the first time that. Happens, no this isn't an overtime. Yet, okay but they beat us in overtime thirty four to thirty. One BUT i think we're winning thirty one twenty, four two minutes and something. Left it's one of those questionable, like, ah do we punt?
Speaker 8: It do?
Speaker 7: We but they're deep in their, territory you. Know dongee sends the punt team that he sends them, back you, know and then and then rips a back shoulder To Reggie wayne on our. Sideline it was one of those LIKE i saw it, coming you, know and then yet there's still there's nothing you can do about, it mainly Because i'm a quarterback And i'm on the. Sideline i'm not PLAYING. Tv BUT i knew it's. COMING i was, like that's WHERE i would have gone rips the back shoulder Of Reggie way boot boot methodical down the. Field and Then Brandon stokely is in the slot over here and we're in cover, two so two high, safeties and he looks over here and he gives this signal to this left. Side and this is like the universal singer for smash and a smash combination is hitch with a. Corner but he was doing it so emphatically That i'm, like, ah something's up. Here he wants the safety to see smash. Smash so the safety over plays the corner And stokely runs up and gives it a, nod crosses the safety's. Face peyton hits him right in the. Chest touchdown ties the, game touchdown number forty, nine and then they get the ball in. Overtime go right down the, field kick a, field go and beat. Us so just just a hole, send send them off the. FIELD i got this coach back shoulder Red wayne smash smash right and gets a stow tea and beats. US i was, Like Peyton, manning.
Speaker 2: Check, me great to see. You good luck with state. Line it's grain to glass distillery right here In, wisconsin and back to Back San Francisco World Spirit competition double gold winner with The State Line Coffee. Liquor He's Drew. Brees we'll come back with our play of the day after.
Speaker 1: This be sure to catch the live edition Of The Dan Patrick show weekdays at nine Am eastern six Am pacific On Fox Sports radio and The iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: Wap oh My god.
Speaker 2: Of The.
Speaker 7: DAY i got.
Speaker 2: It this is the play of the.
Speaker 7: Day check this.
Speaker 8: Out twenty three and eight For Jalen brown answering the, Bell joseph ex post the, Ball Jalen brown stocks in the, Way jamen racing With Big Carol's jamler get there, first apply through the. Air why man, Slam it's Been Jlen brown's. Night hid Out Tom Amos Les celtics out there.
Speaker 2: Logs this law that's courtesy of The Sports. Hub Jalen brown the First celtic other Than Jason tatum to post great numbers thirty, six ten and five in a playoff game Since Paul pierce did. So that's your play of The, day brought to you By Rapid, radios the official walkie talkie of THE Dp. Show push To talk NATIONWIDE lte coverage and there's no subscriptions. Required business, owners stay connected with your employees anywhere up to two hundred on one Radio Rapid radio and totally one hundred percent private rapid, radios dot com up to sixty percent off and free. SHIPPING i love when you talk to some of these, players certainly. Quarterbacks their memories are. Incredible so he's telling you this, play he's you, know it's really detailed of thinking back on this moment With Peyton manning and What peyton did with the you, know the gesture of, smash you, know and then you you go over and. Above So drew going, no, no, no that's way too, much way too much. Smash, here they're doing something different, here and it turns out that's exactly What peyton was. Doing yes.
Speaker 3: See that's kind of an interesting thing about football, too is that you can be a quarterback standing on the sideline and be, like oh, crap we just lost it before the play was even before the ball was even. Snapped, ah we just.
Speaker 2: Lost speaking of, Lost todd is on the other side of the, room And todd came in and he, goes, HEY i have some funny things to say about the city Of Green, Bay AND i, go, well why don't we do a stand up with. You, So, Todd, todd why didn't you do your stand up act For Green? Bay how were we doing?
Speaker 4: Today?
Speaker 2: GUYS i, KNOW.
Speaker 5: I know a lot of you have been online since like two three in the, morning so we appreciate the.
Speaker 4: Support, now these are kind of.
Speaker 5: Jokes they're meant to be fun and not to mean, spirited so hopefully you'll take it with a grain of salt to. SOMEONE i lived In New, york IN la and getting my bearings In Green, bay so no WHEN i.
Speaker 4: Want to get a thing of this just for.
Speaker 5: Fun trip advisor has a list of the fifteen best things to do In Green.
Speaker 4: Bay seems a bit ambitious to. ME i saw Lambeau. FIELD i Think i'm.
Speaker 5: Good i'll pass on The Botanical, Gardens David Buster's National Railroad, museum and even Packer Land. Glass, again guess with just having fun. Here BUT i actually Love Green. Bay but, WELL i can't find Good chinese sweet that's. POTENTIAL i moved To Green bay and just learned from my gastroentrologists And i'm lactose.
Speaker 4: Intolerance with this.
Speaker 5: Aversion to dairy, PRODUCTS i GUESS i have to move.
Speaker 4: NOW i can't possibly stay living in it here right.
Speaker 5: Day is it wrong THAT i prefer a bag of cheese doodles over cheese. Kurds is that a problem for. Anybody i'm gonna go cheese. DOODLES i can't have the fried fruit and upsets. ME i ordered a frozen tundra at The Dairy queen down the. Road they weren't particularly amused by. That they gotta get a set in here with these. PEOPLE i don't think they have a frozen.
Speaker 4: Time IF i.
Speaker 5: Desire inhumane freezing, Temperatures i'd probably set up Shopping alaska at The North pole.
Speaker 4: Instead i'm, sorry, guys barely GOT i need some. Support that's more of a heck o in the natural. Level No Major League, BASEBALL nba OR.
Speaker 5: Nhl but, hey there's always the SINGLE A, rockers the indoor Football blizzard, team and oh, yeah that four and twenty eeth college groups team With Doug Gottlieb Go phoenix, said, okay last, one last. One when staying In Green, bay there's The legacy hotel and then basically a park.
Speaker 4: Bench let's be, honest here a.
Speaker 7: Legacy i'm staying in my, place