Speaker 1: A couple controversies from the weekend. We'll go with number one and I'll start with Dylan Marlow. And Dylan had the song.
Speaker 2: Hooding Boys back Home and bear No Song. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So he was playing a festival in Wisconsin and he was playing, and then I think Jake go and played and somebody else played after that. It's still daylight and the TikTok video just shows a massive security guard with a beard and he's got his hand grabbing Dylan Marlow's shirt and twisting it so that Dylan Marlow doesn't run away, and he's walking him out of the festival. And I saw it and I think Dylan's a great dude, and I thought brilliant, brilliant because it was going so viral on TikTok and we're supposed to believe that Dylan Marlow got kicked out of a festival that he played himself. So we were playing golf yesterday and we texted him and it was true. It was real, And so then he took the video down because it got so controversial. This security guard looked like I told douche back because he grabbed another man by the shirt, twisted and like walked him out Dylan Marlow had just played the show and they like kicked him out of like the sound booth area, and so he takes the video down and then I have his explanation as to what happened here, and this is Dylan Marlo.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, just a.
Speaker 3: Little quick backstory. Me and Dave. We're watching Jake's set from in front of house, just trying to stay out of the way. And front of house was like this tower, so there's like second story, first story of the of the booth, and so we're up up top watching and probably for ten or twelve minutes, this dude comes up and he says, uh, you know, we can't be there. So we were like very It started off very politely, you know, We're like, hey, we have these I still have my wristband on, like these are all access. So we kind of went back back and forth of like trying to explain to him that we had just played and we were trying to just watch Jake set stay out of the way, and he kept telling us like or I asked, somewhere else we could go then that will be out of the way, and kept saying the pit. But if we go in the pit during the middle of the day. It's kind to probably caused a little bit of a scene just because we just got off stage and we're in the same clothes. So last thing I want to do is try to make a scene during Jaco and set, because that, to me, is disrespectful during his set. So uh, after that, there was definitely a few heated words exchange to that guy. I just for what I believe in, what I'm trying to, like, get out there push the message. This isn't like the message I'm trying to push for myself or to anybody.
Speaker 1: And so it's like, you know what, And I went to church and I thought about it, and I took the video down. But this dude, the security guy, looks like a total douchebag. Now, you don't grab another adult man like that, especially one that has every credential. What happened was from this is me taking all my experiences around this type of guy who gets a little bit of power and then all of a sudden is the balancer of the whole festival. This is what I think happened based on experiences I've seen. The security guy goes, hey, you guys got to get out of there. Dylan goes, we don't because we have backstage passes. Well, security guys embarrassed because he just said to one of the artists, you got to get out of there, and also is like a big mask he'll do with a big beard, and he's like, I said get out of there. And Dylan's like, oh, we don't have to get out of here. So security guard now he's going to be like, Okay, I'm gonna get you out of here. Even though he knows he's wrong, he still wants to enforce the rule that he said because he's the guy with the power, not the person who's up. And so he grabs him by the shirt and other people have it up and you can hear as Jaco wants play, he's like Dylan Marlowe as the security guys walking him out.
Speaker 2: Dylan wasn't drunk or anything.
Speaker 1: Seems like that security guy seem like the biggest douchebag in the world who got a little bit of power and was using it and abusing it.
Speaker 2: I would have taken it down if I was Dylan.
Speaker 1: I thought it was such a good thing to post, meaning I thought it was a bit.
Speaker 4: Oh that's why you said brilliant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she thought it was brilliant.
Speaker 1: I thought because George Bursch, who sings Zoo listens Cowboys songs. I was with him playing golf yesterday and he was like, you said that Dylan thing on TikTok, and I was like, yeah, brilliant. He goes, man, I wish I was good at that. I said that was awesome, Like, who knew that would catch on? And so he texted him. He's like, no, wasn't it. He goes, and I'm taking it down And then he posted that after he took it down.
Speaker 5: Wow, I love the we he said he went to church. Yeah, thought about it, take it down.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: That kind of guy, that security guard. I hate that kind of guy. You got a little bit of power. It's like the guy working outside the club, got a little bit of power. Don't let it go to your head.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wonder what was up with that.
Speaker 2: He was like a jack dude too, with the big beard.
Speaker 4: You know, why can't you just say, oh, you've got all your credentials? Cool? Sorry my bad.
Speaker 1: He had him all on. He had his wristband on still because he was in his bus when he was doing that. Yeah, it's infuriate, infuriating, in fury in my tooth is still gone, dude, dentist vacation.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, I infuriating.
Speaker 4: I didn't hear anything.
Speaker 1: Sometimes this morning would do the child infuriating. I do this and maybe you don't hear it, but I do hear it. Yeah, Okay, that's one controversy. The second one, so Josh Ross has I guess this song just went number one.
Speaker 2: He has a song single again. Are you familiar with the amy.
Speaker 4: Yes, but I cannot sing it to you right now because all I have in my head is seares to them boys back Home.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough, single again, single logat whatever. It's number one song this week. So the guy's from Canada. He's a Canadian guy. I don't know him. So I don't know him at all. I don't know him FM Man on the Moon. So I'm gonna say this one. I don't know him, the Man on the Moon. So Josh Ross gets up on stage and I understand his sentiment. But he gets up on stage at a festival and I'm gonna just play you his clip from the festival. It's him and he grabs an American flag, go ahead, fun fat, real quick.
Speaker 2: I'm Canadian.
Speaker 5: You want to know the bess fun fact is I move to the bed.
Speaker 2: In the worlds you with F, you with F.
Speaker 1: So I think if he were able to go back and say it again, I think he would say, I'm from Canada. I love Canada, but I really love this country too, USA, because he was like a big deal in Canada and they supported him forever, and now he comes to America and it's like, this is.
Speaker 2: My favorite country.
Speaker 1: Now I'm my favorite country America, USA. We all love America, but you didn't have to piss off your home too. You literally could have said, you guys know, I'm Canadian, but man, living in America has been awesome. I like to shout out to all you guys because America rules USA. Instead, he's like, I'm now the greatest country in the world.
Speaker 2: Now we feel that way.
Speaker 1: But if your home country built you and like supported you and made you a star there first, and then you use that to propel yourself to come down here, and then you're like that country sucks compared to this country, there's just a better way to say that. Even if you felt that way. So now that you know he's Canadian. And this was at the Tailgate and Tall Boys Festival in Bloomington, Indiana. And this is just weeks before he's going to perform in Ottawa's Canada Day celebrations.
Speaker 2: Oh man, play it again. Fun fact, real quick, I'm Canadian.
Speaker 5: You want to know the best fun fact is.
Speaker 1: That the best.
Speaker 3: You with you? We that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he went hard, he went too hard. He didn't have to do that.
Speaker 1: I think America's best country in the world. But you can do both. You can say both. You didn't have to be like, I'm from Canada, but now I live in the best country in the world.
Speaker 2: Because you've got to go back home, like I wouldn't be.
Speaker 1: Here in Tennessee and be like, you know what, I moved Tennessee, but I'm from Arkansas. But Tennessee's the best freaking state ever. And then go back to Arkansas and feel like I'm gonna love me the same. I do have his apology. Would you like to hear his apology? Yes, because his apology is what made me go check out.
Speaker 2: The real story is.
Speaker 1: What's funny is that I didn't even know this was an issue until I saw his apology, and then on the bottom of tak talk where it tells you, you know whatever they're saying it said Josh Ross on stage.
Speaker 2: Like hating Canada or something like that. Here we go, here's an apology.
Speaker 6: Let me turn Hey, guys, I just wanted to jump on here and address the clip that's been going around from my performance at tail getting Tall Boys. I'm sorry to anybody who's offended by what.
Speaker 1: Oh, you can't be I'm sorry anybody who's offended. That's not a real sorry. You don't have to apologize, by the way, you can just not apologize. That's so I'm not even demanding an apology. I just thought it was kind of awkward. But if you ever go I'm sorry to anyone who was offended, that means you're not really that sorry. Like it's me going to my wife being like, eh, I'm sorry that hurt your feelings. No, because I'm sorry that hurt her feelings. I'm not sorry for what I did. There's no remorse for what I did. I'm sorry for how you took it. It's what that's saying.
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 6: I'm grateful I get the tour all over the world and I feel like I'm always representing Canada. No matter where I go.
Speaker 2: Raise in Canada, but been.
Speaker 6: Living in Nashville for the last five plus years.
Speaker 2: Half my family lives in Canada. The other half is here in the US.
Speaker 6: And I'm as proud of establishing myself in the US as i am being Canadian. Both sides were not communicated in the clip that you guys were seeing, and I'm sorry that that wasn't clear.
Speaker 2: Both sides were not communicated in the clip.
Speaker 5: You were saying.
Speaker 4: Did he say more at the festival? Liked he?
Speaker 2: I just want to do this apology for him. This is what he should have done. First of all, if you don't apologize, I don't apologize. Who cares?
Speaker 1: Like this is gonna go away in five seconds? Anyway, this is not real life. It doesn't matter. But if you're gonna apologize, this is how you do it. Hey, Josh Raw's here. I got up on stage and I was like, I'm from Canada, but this is the best country ever. First of all, America is awesome. It is an awesome country. But also I didn't mean to disrespect my home. I was just saying crap up on stage. You get caught up in the moment. I love Canada and I love my new home in the United States, So sorry about that.
Speaker 5: That's the apology, because honestly, I was thinking that, like, did he just get caught up on the in the moment and start pandering to the.
Speaker 1: Crowd, because they're all absolutely that could have been it. That's what I thought too, because he's like pumped in the crowd yelling he's just get his first number one. That's why that apology, if you're going to do one. I don't think anybody needs anology for everything. It needs to be different. It needs to be like, I just got caught up. Yeah, I love I love it here the USA. But also I didn't mean to say about Canada. I don't that came out wrong. Obviously I love home. So first of all, I'm not apologizing. If I'm him, it's gonna go away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you drew a more attention to it, like for example, you wouldn't even you hadn't seen the stage and drew you to the escape stage one.
Speaker 1: So I don't think he meant what he said. I think he just got caught up. But his if you were offended, I'm sorry. That's not you saying you're sorry for what you did. That's I'm sorry that you took it in a way that was offensive to your hilarious. Also, this isn't this is nothing. This is nothing. Nobody cares, not in a bad way or a good way. But if I were him, my advice would be, don't getrapped up in it. Move on because everybody's gonna forget about it in six hours anyway. And if you feel like apologizing for real, apologize for real. If you don't move on, who cares? It doesn't matter. Everything's irrelevant.
Speaker 4: Like I'm trying to think of my favorite artists at the time, were to go to Canada, be like, you know some fact, I'm from America.
Speaker 2: But Canada, I don't.
Speaker 4: Okay, another fun fact, I moved to the greatest country ever Canada, Canada. I don't know that. I'm gonna be like, well, I'm never listening to their music.
Speaker 2: Are they playing Amy Fest next week?
Speaker 4: The true true that he's going to come back? I guess, I don't know.
Speaker 2: There's just a lot of crap happening in the world that matters.
Speaker 1: This doesn't matter. I think he got caught up. I don't think he loves America more than Canada. I think Canada's home, and he loves America. Now he's having success here. Let the guy live. But if you're going to apologize, just generally speaking, if you're going to apologize, really apologize or just don't. I don't give a crap either way, because there's stuff that I do. Sometimes I'm like, ah, I'm kind of sorry about that, but not enough. So then I don't because nobody cares. You're just going to relight the switch sometimes. But the apology is, oh, I got caught up, sorry about that.
Speaker 2: I don't actually mean that. That's it. Five second long. My bad. That's on me. That's on me. Big dog here takes that one, big dog takes.
Speaker 4: This is the problem.
Speaker 2: Love them both. He needs apologize for his apology. Now, that's the thing. Now he needs to apologize for his apology. He should apologize for his apology. That's funny. Imax is the Odyssey.
Speaker 1: The tickets sell out in about an hour a year before its release, and now tickets are selling for four hundred dollars. What and so the person who's doing the homer, yeah, the iliad you're familiar with that?
Speaker 2: Did you have to read them?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't know what's about.
Speaker 1: But Christopher Nolan's doing the movie. Christopher Nolan of The Dark Knight, Christopher Nolan of.
Speaker 7: The Dream movie inception Interstellar Interstellar Shimer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, The Odyssey is set for release. Tickets to the Imax version of the film one on sal Soldo quickly. Nolan's version of the classic Greek myths during Matt Damon as the eternal hero Odysseus, is being shot entirely on Imax film cameras, a first for a commercial feature. Within an hour hour of going on cell, ninety five percent of seats were snapped up. Now they're showing up on third party resellers for as much as four hundred bucks.
Speaker 7: What do you think, Mike, Yeah, I tried to get one. They're sold out, but there's only one showtime right now. And the reason it's so like interesting is because Oppenheimer was only filmed like twenty five percent in Imax. So the entire time this movie is gonna be huge like I in Oppenheimer, only like the bomb scene was an Imax, like fully Imax. So this is the whole movie, all big, entire time was f one filmed Imax, not the whole thing like Imax film is like the best quality you can get. There's only like twenty theaters in the world that you can go see like that, oddly enough, ones right here downtown.
Speaker 1: The last time I went to an IMAX movie was the Old Museum in Austin, not old but the museum, the Bobble Museum.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Texas Texas History Museum is a bubble. Yeah, babble like Texas Museum.
Speaker 2: We're going to the museum.
Speaker 1: And they had a humongous Imax the year and I like watched a movie there, but I haven't been to imax, And.
Speaker 7: The one you watch probably like shorter, right because whenever like those big Imax movies where you're like, oh, you're immersive completely underseas either like ten minutes because it's so expensive a film like that.
Speaker 2: Oh, I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: So you're telling me the movie wasn't all big screen. It was mostly big screen with like pops of it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Would they ever show though the movie just on Imax screen and make it massive?
Speaker 7: Sometimes they stretch it, But if you watch it, if you watch certain movies, you'll see it go different ratios. You'll see it go like kind of wide screen, then kind of full and go kind of back. But for this time. It's the entire screen the whole time.
Speaker 5: So the sale the tickets that were sold is probably just like the first week or something, or.
Speaker 7: The first showing, first showing, like one PM, good pr for the movie.
Speaker 1: What I would have done is bought all the tickets for the first showing when I put them out if I'm the movie company, and then go they're all sold out, and then get the new story. But then who goes to it? No, it doesn't matter. It's the first showing. Who gives a crap? But no one shows up because you bought them. Now they'll end up being able to be sold back. Yeah, but you do this and you buy them all so you can have the new story if they're all bought.
Speaker 2: It's like there are bands at times.
Speaker 1: If they know, like an A and R person is going to come and watch them, they will sell out their entire arena and then pay people to come as extras because you can hire extras through companies. And then an ar person gets there and sees the crowd so high and like, oh my god. It's harder to do it now because that's been something that has been now discovered that people do.
Speaker 4: Do The people that are I guess, filling the seats if they're being hired to be there, do they Are they allowed to say that at any point?
Speaker 2: I don't think you really talk.
Speaker 4: I guess it doesn't really map. I guess it's just like, oh.
Speaker 1: Hey, who are you gonna tell that's gonna be affected by it because the whole room is full of either ticket buyers or those people, and then like an A and R person And it's not like they're going to go for that one A and R person to be like, we bought tickets here.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I was just thinking. People make videos on TikTok and be like, hey, I went to this. It was totally full, looked sold out. But guess what half of us are paid people to be there?
Speaker 1: Oh I think the bands end up doing that because they they won't only I know about it. Are bands telling the story about how they did that? Oh, okay, in order so I don't know. But the bands are like, yeah, we paid for a room to be filled, and that we knew there were people coming to watch us, like a showcase, and so we paid. It looked like people were buying a bunch of tickets, but that's happened. Even in the nineties, artists used to go and buy all their albums from store regionally to show sales. It was kind of an investment. So they go and buy a bunch of CDs at the best Buy and that town that best Buy would report, Man, I think three doors Down did this. We sold that at three doors Down CDs and so people would be like, dang, three doors Down is really selling well in this market. We should They should be played on the radio, even though they have a record deal. They get played on the radio next thing, you know, Like it's all an investment up and game in the system, but in illegal way. And I'm all for game in the system, but you know what, all those times I've gained the system, I'd like to apologize for everybody that's.
Speaker 2: Been offended by it.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry you offended them.
Speaker 1: That CEO from the Coldplay kiss cam did resign. This happened on Friday, Wow, And so my thought is they made him resign. But I don't think somebody's personal life that's not illegal should affect their job.
Speaker 4: I wonder if it was because she was in the car. Are they allowed to date ceo allowed to day hr?
Speaker 1: They never said they weren't, so they never said I it's the divorce and the embarrassing part of it from what I read, because I thought the same thing. There was a rule that said you couldn't date in the office. I never saw that, and I looked at through four different articles. The company issued a statement emphasizing its commitment to accountability and confirm the co founder, Pete de Joy, will serve as interim CEO during the strip the search for a permanent replacement. Our leaders are expected to set the standard. Astronomer said they did not meet those expectations. See it never says anything about company handbook, guidelines and a company handbook. My assumption would be the board got together, they were humiliated because the name of the company was out there and said you must resign. I think if you're not doing anything illegal, I don't think that should really affect your work if you're good at your job, unless you have a front facing job, meaning if you're like us, for example, we can embarrass our company because people know who we are.
Speaker 2: People don't know that dude, Yeah he is a CEO.
Speaker 4: Yeah, astronomer.
Speaker 2: I didn't know what it was. When they said astronomer, I literally thought he was in a Stronomer for for six hours. I was like wow, I was like, what a gig? Yeah, Astronomy away.
Speaker 5: But now we know that Astronomer is a tech company because of that, and now a segment that's so amy, she has her own theme song, hit.
Speaker 4: It Amy all the time, Amy all the time.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay.
Speaker 4: Here are seven things that neuroscience says we should be telling ourselves every day to live our best lives.
Speaker 2: Let's see if I tell myself anything like this number.
Speaker 4: Seven, today is a new opportunity.
Speaker 2: When do I say that? Like when I wake up?
Speaker 4: I mean sure, when you wake up, or if you're facing a challenge, or the day before was a kind of a struggle day, like you'd be like, today's a new opportunity. What this does It activates our brain's hope and goal motivation circuits.
Speaker 1: Mostly when I wake up, I do this. Oh that's all? Oh god, here waking up?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: Next one, my presence matters.
Speaker 2: I kind of feel like my presence doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: See, you need not tell yourself that you need I not you need not you.
Speaker 1: This is like the belly goat gruff, like you shall not cross the bridge Okay.
Speaker 4: Then you for you definitely need to say my presence matters over and over and over because you need to rewire that.
Speaker 2: Okay, number five.
Speaker 4: My thoughts are not facts. This helps with emotional regulation because a lot of times our thoughts get in the driver's seat, and really our thoughts should be in the passenger seat.
Speaker 1: What should be in the driver's seat? Uh, like exactly?
Speaker 4: No, I know, but well, more of your rational brain. Like sometimes if you get too emotional or you lead with your exact feeling in that moment or emotion and you don't pause, like that part of you that pauses that's in the driver's seat. I don't know what we call that part.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't have any emotion like that. I'm never led by emotion.
Speaker 4: Uh do you think sometimes you are when you give like silent treatment?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I think I understand. I can get more done if I just shut that bow off.
Speaker 4: See that that sounds like that sound that's like a thing you that's your survival mode.
Speaker 2: No, okay, yeah, stand off, I thought all the time. Okay, go ahead, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Okay. Another thing you should say to yourself to live your best life is mistakes or how I grow.
Speaker 1: I feel like you have to say that after you make mistakes to kind of justify the mistake.
Speaker 4: Right, sure, I mean you've said something similar. I mean you have a whole book about it. Fail until you don't like your failures are part of your growth.
Speaker 3: M hm.
Speaker 1: I feel like having that mindset is good if you have a pre if you're always making it after, I feel like it's an excuse so long as you go into it with that mindset, like, look, almost screw it. This is I'm taking on something big and for me to get better at it, There's going to be some times that I go backward sometimes that it doesn't work out, sometimes that I just gain a little one.
Speaker 2: I want to gain a lot.
Speaker 1: I feel like though, every time if I were to crash you out, I'd be like, well, you know what, crashes are just part of it. I feel like I would know I was making excuses for myself.
Speaker 2: Do that makes sense?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it makes sense, But it also makes sense that you could remind yourself mistakes are how I grow, and like have a growth mindset, So like the little asterisk, there would be like I'm saying this, but I'm not using it as an excuse. I'm using it so that I don't get stuck in this failure, and then I'll continue trying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the problem is then i'd go double asterisk. That's probably an excuse that I just did that. I'd probably put a second ASTERI there.
Speaker 4: What about this next one? And do you ever say to yourself? I am enough?
Speaker 1: Now I feel like I'm never enough? Actually, right, you ask me the question.
Speaker 4: I know, but let's focus on that one. Okay, this one, this one is what you also need to say, because this will help you with the other ones. I can change my brain.
Speaker 2: I do believe that.
Speaker 4: Okay, good, good, good. So you know that you could be enough, You know that you could be enough, and you could know that your presence matters.
Speaker 1: I don't think anything matters, is the problem. It's not just my presence. This world's gonna come and go, and a million years are gonna go by, and nobody's heck, three hundre years gona by, nobody'snna be anything we ever did.
Speaker 4: So that sounds like an excuse to me.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I just feel like we put too much value in things that don't matter, and really the things that matter are either the things that are super important, close to us, intimate to us. We value things that don't matter at all, like so much so when reality nothing matters.
Speaker 2: That's how I feel.
Speaker 1: Nothing matters, and that should give you the courage and the strength to go and do whatever you want, try whatever you want because nothing matters, so have about it, go get it. That should give you all the confidence in the world this Since nothing matters, it doesn't matter if you screw up, just attack.
Speaker 4: Were you talking about like new things people are trying. I'm not talking about relationships.
Speaker 1: I feel like nothing matters so much that you shouldn't be you shouldn't be ashamed if it doesn't work.
Speaker 4: Right, Okay, but it's good to know you believe in neuroplasticity because that is what is happening with I can change my brain.
Speaker 2: On that one.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, we're moving to the final one.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: I am safe right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no chance.
Speaker 4: Do you ever feel safe?
Speaker 1: When I put my head under the pillow and put the pillow right, I can't see any light.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I feel safe.
Speaker 4: M Okay, Well you can tell yourself that, you can tell you.
Speaker 1: But then I know my body is still vulnerable to an attacker even though my head has a pillow over it.
Speaker 2: But like, right now we're all here, we'll protect.
Speaker 4: You'd be like, I'm safe.
Speaker 2: Protect me.
Speaker 1: I would be all you guys have. If a murderer came in, I wouldn't none of you guys would.
Speaker 5: But if the murder is trying to kill you, not us.
Speaker 1: You don't think you guys are run like yeah, right, you guys are run like little tinkerbells. We want you to feel safe now, No, no, okay, I feel you.
Speaker 4: I don't think this statement alone. It calms your amygdala and it activates your parasympathic parasympathetic nervous system, and that is exactly what you need in these moments like Bobby, when you're feeling like shutting down or doing different things like you're you're being reactionary, but in your own safe way. It doesn't mean that you can't grow out of that, like I do think that you.
Speaker 2: I don't want to grow out of it.
Speaker 4: You don't want to grow out of like silent treatment.
Speaker 2: No hum, okay, why would I write?
Speaker 1: I can grinte anything I want to grow out of because I think my brain can change. But I have tools and weapons to do things at high level and I think I can block things out there.
Speaker 4: That's interesting.
Speaker 2: You call it weapons, tools and weapons both. Yeah, yeah, and.
Speaker 1: Especially if there are other people attached to me and I need to eliminate something for the greater sake of everyone involved, no problem.
Speaker 2: I can cut anything for the greater, greater good.
Speaker 4: Huh. Okay, I'm not to tell myself I'm safe right now. I am safe right now, my presence matter.
Speaker 2: Are we ever really safe?
Speaker 1: Think about if somebody really wanted to murder you, think, get in your house right now and kill you have no problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I don't feel like there's ever real safety either.
Speaker 5: I mean, Lunchbol's got me with a water gun, like I didn't even see him coming.
Speaker 2: There's there is.
Speaker 1: There's never real safety unless you're in a bunker. But then you know what's going to get you cancer, yeah, or lack of oxygen. Yes, that there's never a real safety. I don't believe in safety really, but you've the feeling of safe is which is talking I think be said.
Speaker 4: But I also think that this isn't referring to murders and robberies alone, like it's also referring to some people just don't feel even safe. Being vulnerable and opening up to other people and even feeling safe with their partner. And I don't mean like physically or any type of abuse obviously that's a totally different thing, but just feeling safe to be themselves and not have this guard up and use weapons that they Oh.
Speaker 1: I think that's different than because I wasn't talking about that. I'm talking about just general safety.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't feel safe from from death period. Yeah, I don't ever.
Speaker 4: That this is a mantra that you say for a murderer, you know, when you're going you can't change that, Like it's literally for like, do you feel safe with people?
Speaker 2: I feel safe with my wife?
Speaker 4: Okay, that's great.
Speaker 1: You that's why I don't fart on her because you feel safe?
Speaker 2: Yeah, around her?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I feel so safe, I won't fart on her because I know I don't even like.
Speaker 2: That is your fart a weapon? It could be.
Speaker 1: Like I feel so safe that I don't need to prove how safe I am, and I will respectfully not fart on her.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, don't you know seven things neuroscience says you could tell yourself daily to live your best life.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of saying stuff back though in the morning or if we just what are I just gonna work on one of those which one I will not be murdered as not the fos to day in the morning, wake up and go I will not be murdered today. Yeah, I'm yeah, I'm not a big, big believer and you could ever be think about if the gun. What's hilarious to me are these people who are like, and again I have guns, but like, I gotta get my guns in case the government turns on us.
Speaker 2: Brot. We got bees in Japan.
Speaker 1: They can now go in your house and be freaking cameras and drones that are the size of birds that can blow you up. Like there is no safety. There is a the false thought that I'm physically safe. Y'all right, get you a little bunker hide out and then you know it gets you lupus oh every time. Yeah, I'll send you autoimmune starts ripping on you. That's right, Amy, thank you for that. That's a really uplifting segment.
Speaker 4: We just did it.
Speaker 1: Apparently physical appearance doesn't matter as much to dater's as much as financial stability. Now, this whole thing was the New York Post, so basically, it's they don't care how good you look as long as you have some money. I mean your thoughts on that, just surface wise.
Speaker 4: I think there has to be we talk about this all the time, that there has to be some sort of physical attraction. There also is attraction in safety if you don't have your own money for whatever reason, but you got to be physically attracted.
Speaker 1: Did you see the guy who got on tender and he swiped like a million times and got one date, and they he tells the story, no one would match with him. And he's not like super ugly, He's not ugly at all.
Speaker 2: He's just a normal dude. He's even got a fish in one of his pictures. Oh that's cool, and women like that.
Speaker 1: I thought he just looks like a normal dude, must low go tee, you know, probably ten to fifteen pounds overweight, like normal, not that tall, probably five to seven or five eight. And he's like, I had to swipe almost a million times. He said, I matched with occasional people, but they never they always stood me up, and he finally got one date.
Speaker 2: That's him right there. Look, Oh, normal looking dude. Hey is his name? Twenty six years old? Oh, wipe forever.
Speaker 1: One date, I need to look at his page, though he probably have the right stuff up on his page. So, according to a new survey of two thousand gen z and millennial Americans, dater say several traits are more important than physical appearance. What traits are more important physical appearance? Financial stability is one of them. They put that ahead of looks what else you got there?
Speaker 4: Amy, kindness, compassion, good communicator, empathetic?
Speaker 2: Wow, how do you know all that? Though? For at the beginning, I guess would be my question, Well, I guess.
Speaker 4: Those are all traits you need to get to know. So like, are these traits on paper that you don't can't verify? For tue, is that what we're looking for? Because traits on paper might be just like, I mean, success can look a lot of different ways. Is not just financial, But it's like are they motivated? Are they hardworking? Do they have a good work ethic? Do they care about family?
Speaker 1: I feel like this whole thing is about how it's very it feels very female.
Speaker 2: Dudes just want a hot.
Speaker 1: Chick and then they work backward Like it starts there, like what's the hottest chick I can get? And then I'll figure everything else out after. Because we are cape men. Women I feel like want other things first. It's great if they also look hot and there has to be something there. They don't want to vomit while they're making out with you, but there's got to be something there.
Speaker 4: Like we want sense of humor, we want.
Speaker 1: Like, we want all that too, Guys. She's got to be hot first, and I'm talking about guys just general across the board, guys.
Speaker 5: And then you've got to make sure she's not like, yeah, crazy.
Speaker 1: She can only be as crazy right one notch blow how hot she is, like, the hot has still got to be a little above the crazy.
Speaker 4: That whole crazy hot matrix.
Speaker 1: They put at potential's partner's kindness and emotional maturity up there, as well as financial stability ahead of looks.
Speaker 2: This has got to be just women getting pulled.
Speaker 5: If you're doing a dating app profile, can you write kind everything? Amy said, yeah, but I believe that if someone wrote all of that, let me prove my emotional maturity to your love family.
Speaker 4: Eddie, I thought you were saying, like, can you put that that's what you're seeking, But yeah, it would be kind of weird if that's what you put what you are. You're like the guy empathetic, like the guy.
Speaker 5: That couldn't get any matches, Like could he write like hie.
Speaker 2: I promise, I'm kind?
Speaker 1: And have you ever dated a guy an ugly guy?
Speaker 2: Have you ever dated an ugly guy?
Speaker 4: Well, not to me and not not ugly to me?
Speaker 5: I know of what were you thought? Like where you were just like he's not really that good looking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like physically doesn't do it, but other traits are there, and I want to give that a shot to see if I find him more attractive.
Speaker 4: Then I don't.
Speaker 8: Ah, No, I feel like her computer, like it's well spinning right now. I think there's our computer you can't get to the next I will.
Speaker 4: Say this like I did go on a Hinge date, but and I knew within the first five minutes that his pictures looked very different than he did in person and that it wasn't gonna work. But I don't know if it's just because his pictures were so deceiving and I'm like what the or if like he was also shorter than I thought, And then I don't know, just our personalities weren't really clicking, but which came first there, because like, would I have liked his personality more if I'd walked in and it matched more of what he presented online? Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Would he have been.
Speaker 1: Able to be so funny and kind to talk you out of thinking he was ugly?
Speaker 4: I don't. I don't want to use the word ugly, but I don't know that it would have I would have. I don't think we would have made it to that point. I mean he would have to like that stuff would have had to present quick, so he needed to be hot. Yeah, because I think our day ended up lasting about forty five minutes.
Speaker 2: WHOA you stayed forty five minutes?
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, but I supposed to do leave, but I had I had a work event to go to. I I lined up.
Speaker 6: Ye.
Speaker 4: No, I really, this is what I would do because I hated getting ready, and so if I was going to go do anything, I would always schedule something when I had something else because I'd be getting ready anyways. So boom. It takes care of having to get ready more than you want to, and then also you have an out in case you need it. So in this case, it was a win win for me.
Speaker 2: Did he hit you out? Like, hey, do you think I'm ugly?
Speaker 4: He did hit me up asking me out again. No, he didn't say yo. He's like, hey, I had a great time. I love to go out again. And I replied with a very mature I think I've been shared with you all. My response, like I tried to give a very like thoughtful rate up my friends because I hadn't. I hadn't had been in this situation before where I was sort of saying no, I would not like to go out again over text, and I wanted to be very mature and transparent, so I said that and he never replied back. He didn't even double tap it with a thumbs up or a hart.
Speaker 2: He just got cut off.
Speaker 4: Trying to well, that's fine, okay.
Speaker 2: If he wants to not fine, listen to how much.
Speaker 4: Because I'm not done with the story.
Speaker 2: You're still agger about it?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, I'm not. I'm letting you know that. He didn't reply, which I was like, okay, that's fine. But then six or seven months later he replied, okay, that's cool.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: That was that was a hey, I'm just going to reappear in case you have reconsidered.
Speaker 4: Oh, I just didn't. And then I didn't reply to that because I'm like, what, why? Why? I know it was very bizarre.
Speaker 2: He was still thinking about her.
Speaker 1: I would imagine. I want to play the scenario in my head. Either she came across something on a social media page, he heard her on the radio, or something made him think of her and then thought, huh, let me reply and say got it to see if she has reconsidered, because it gives her an opening to come back if she wants to.
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: That would be did he know you were on the radio? Aavy?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well I didn't think he did, but those are the worst I had those. Then I did, then I could Then I did you know.
Speaker 2: He lied about it?
Speaker 4: I don't know if he lied about it.
Speaker 2: It wasn't your hinge picture like you intro a micro on the cave, not at all in the background.
Speaker 4: No, And I didn't even list my profession anything like, I didn't say media, I didn't say entertained. I just like literally left that part blank. So there was nothing. But I was able to figure some stuff out, So that's fine.
Speaker 2: Rush over that. What do you mean I was just able to figure some stuff out?
Speaker 4: I can't remember exactly what it was. But you know, Bobby, you know, like you said, I've been there, Like it's just you. You're like, oh, okay, I can't remember exactly what detail led me to know that he knew, And if I really really were to think about it, I think it had something to do with you.
Speaker 1: Like Bobby, what's Bobby really like?
Speaker 2: Is that what he asked you?
Speaker 4: I feel like I had it do with Arkansas like sports.
Speaker 2: But everybody's grunting. We don't know even know what that means. But you know, I kind of like him. Now I'm up for him. I'm like, no, I think he's a great dude.
Speaker 4: Bobby's like, wait a second, or Razor bags?
Speaker 2: So where was that?
Speaker 1: So you found out that he wasn't being honest of what he already knew about you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that part didn't. I was already not interested, so it was okay. I just was like, oh, and I didn't. I didn't make it a big deal like oh you listen or you know who we are. I just was like, oh, interesting, it's.
Speaker 1: Not even that because I think that's fine. It's being honest about it.
Speaker 4: Right because my my current boyfriend, like he listened to the show.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna have another boyfriend after him?
Speaker 4: Maybe because this one's current.
Speaker 2: My current boyfriend.
Speaker 4: I haven't had any other since.
Speaker 2: Have you guys seen that TikTok trend?
Speaker 1: Because it's a current wife thing, what you do is you the husband's doing anything to camera and their wife's in and it's like and look this is me, it's my current wife.
Speaker 2: And then they just keep going. That's what it reminded me of, what Amy.
Speaker 4: So, Yeah, So it doesn't matter that he was a listener. I think it's just there was a lot of things that were just little like, Okay, this is not going to work. So we'd never We hang out for like forty five minutes and I never saw him again.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for sharing that with us.
Speaker 4: Amy, You're welcome.
Speaker 2: Long Eddie. What's happening?
Speaker 5: My wife texted me this morning said that the neighbors started working on their roof at six thirty in the morning. She's like it, whop the whole family up, Like, I guess they're getting their roof redone and they've got five workers out there bump bump, bump bump and talking like ere throw the shingles over here.
Speaker 2: That is loud. The talking's Yeah, that's singed at.
Speaker 5: Six thirty in the morning on a weekday. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: What's the rule.
Speaker 4: Gosh, it's summer and it's so hot. I could see why they want to start working early. And it's it's just a couple of days, Like it's this song. It takes to put a roof on.
Speaker 5: Usually they could do that one day. I think that's why they have the five dude it's repair. It's repair, Yeah, five dudes one day. But and I get it's hot. I do get it's hot, But six thirty in the morning is early.
Speaker 1: Six thirty feels a little aggressive, especially if they don't know what's coming. Like I would think it would be up to your neighbors to let everybody know. Put a note on the door. Hey it's gonna be one day or two days and they're going to start early, like they should have let you guys know that if because that's too early.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it would seven be okay, I mean on paper, seven sounds.
Speaker 4: I mean if it's it's if it's a during the school year, your kids would be up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that doesn't mean everybody has to be up. I would say eight o'clock is universally accepted that sun gets That sounds pretty hot today.
Speaker 2: I'm not arguing ice droop houses. There's no argument from me.
Speaker 5: But but it's amy. It's not like they quit at noon, like they keep going all the way like five o'clock. It's an all day thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, well then yeah, not start at eight and go till seven o'clock.
Speaker 5: Hey, you start at two and then you can go into the nice little sunset.
Speaker 2: Now you can't be dark. So what what are the what are the rules then?
Speaker 1: For a loud people working on the house, what would you make them if you were the leader of the world.
Speaker 5: I think a week day you got to start, and I mean, let's go business hours man, nine am, oh hours until when when the sun goes down. You have until the sun goes down to do your work.
Speaker 1: So I fall into a bit of that, except I think when the sun comes up you can work, and when the sun goes down you have to stop working.
Speaker 4: So six thirty you can be working suns up if this is the.
Speaker 2: Sun all the way up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hey, when the rooster crows.
Speaker 1: I think six thirty is too early, though, so I'm gonna go seven thirty, seven thirty to dark are the hours that I would allow people to work unless you leave a note and everybody's like, cool, have at it you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think something in like the seventy eight eight timeframe, which should be Okay, the.
Speaker 2: Heat is a thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you can't have different rules for different parts of the country. If I'm the supreme leaders, the whole country has to fall under one rule.
Speaker 2: But you don't know how long they're gonna do it.
Speaker 5: No, I mean they're done. I think they're done to today because the when they did, because they worked on our roof one time and it was like a six hour deal, came in, all worked and then they were done six hours.
Speaker 2: What about the weekend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know if someone starts mowing their yard at seven am on the weekend, that.
Speaker 5: Might be ten am.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's that's am.
Speaker 5: You got to sleep in on Saturdays.
Speaker 2: A supreme later.
Speaker 1: I think I make it eight thirty on the weekend, so it's.
Speaker 5: Just an hour. Yeah, our difference.
Speaker 2: A supreme later, Yes, I make it one hour difference on the weekends.
Speaker 1: But I think you have to stop it dark. What about neighbors playing loud music? When do you get annoyed and call the cops.
Speaker 5: If it's so loud, are you talking about in the morning?
Speaker 2: How are they?
Speaker 5: Can you play morning or night?
Speaker 4: I get annoyed when I'm trying to.
Speaker 1: Go to sleep exactly, So whindo neighbors have to like chill out and not play music.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think like if it's a weekend.
Speaker 2: Ten, oh, weekday nine.
Speaker 4: That would be nice.
Speaker 2: I can go with that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would say week day ten, weekend midnight. Yes, I agree with that.
Speaker 2: Dang party animals.
Speaker 5: Hey, we were all there once to do we have people over, put some music on.
Speaker 2: You're not living in an apartment complex.
Speaker 5: Right, banging the broomstick on the sun?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're your neighbors. Your neighbors are playing music out. You're okay with that until midnight on the weekends. Yeah, Oh, I feel like I would be a cranky if someone's until midnight.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'd be tough.
Speaker 5: But it's like you said about you know, the roof neighbor, like, just send a little note, Hey, we're gonna have people over, maybe playing a little boom boom boom till midnight.
Speaker 2: I hope you're cool with that.
Speaker 4: Hope you're cool with that in this or not?
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 5: Don't you always invite them too, like, hey, you're always walking to come over as well.
Speaker 2: Yep, I don't think.
Speaker 1: I don't think I could cuss A supreme leader doesn't lie that ten pm on weekends, nine pm on weeknights.
Speaker 2: I let us know how that goes, Okay, I mean win you Son's.
Speaker 4: Birthday August tenth, and is.
Speaker 2: He like Ray Mundo. Does he have a birthday list? Yes?
Speaker 4: He has been working on a birthday list for a while. Now.
Speaker 2: Did anybody start buying Raymunda's birthday list stuff?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Or did we all just move on from that? I'm buying that. I moved on, but it's to have.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I did think about going and buying him that thing at West Elm, that six foot tall plant. I promise you I thought about it, but then I thought, how am I going to even transport it. I don't have a trunk.
Speaker 4: Maybe they deliver it, ship it to his home.
Speaker 5: You really want to give him a gift, They probably deliver.
Speaker 2: They'll ship that thing from West Elm to Raise House.
Speaker 4: Yes, I would just order it. You could go order in person, or you could order it online and.
Speaker 2: Have it Ray text me your address.
Speaker 1: Okay, I will send you because I was near the mall and Ray came into my mind because Ray, if you missed the segment, Ray gave us a birthday list and it was like six hundred our sunglasses. It was like a cam Ward signed jersey. Those are like five or six hundred bucks. And then it was this six foot tall banana tree. I looked at it online and.
Speaker 2: Then I thought, there's no way I can fit that in my car. So for your birthday, I will ship you that tree. Yeah, just text me your address.
Speaker 5: And how old is Raid turning?
Speaker 2: Forty? Okay?
Speaker 5: And Amy's son.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, he's gonna be fifteen.
Speaker 2: Fifteen fifteen. Yeah, what's his list?
Speaker 4: Well, he has, you know, new track shoes like stuff like that, some new shirts that he wants, and then he just added up a day.
Speaker 5: Nice Hey, those are easy to just put on.
Speaker 4: No, no, he doesn't want that kind No, no, no, on.
Speaker 2: Our top of the line built in. Yes.
Speaker 4: Well, we went to this restaurant when we were on vacation, and I guess he's been thinking about it ever since then because in the bathroom they had like the most amazing toilets ever, so much so he disappeared like three different times.
Speaker 2: Dinner in the world. I'd sit on a front word, I'd sit on a backward. I was sitting anywhere. I think square, Sir, I'll take off my birthday dude, No, that is not no guys. No.
Speaker 4: He came back and we're a dinner. I mean, we have like thirteen people in our party. We have this huge table and Stevenson comes back and our waiter is there trying to get everybody's order, and Stevenson just stops and was like, excuse me, sir, and the waiters like yes, and He's like, I just have to tell you your your bidday is ten out of ten. That was the best experience of my life. Like that, the seat is warm, it does just like all kinds of stuff and sure enough. So then everybody from the table had to go experience it. And then everybody goes and they come back and they're like sure enough. Like that toilet, it's not just that it was a bid day, it's just like a smart toilet that was just epic and awesome, like the light.
Speaker 2: So he wants the whole toilet.
Speaker 4: He was the whole shebang, which I'm sure I have no idea how much of the toilets are but thousands of dollars, I imagine. So I've already told him, you're not getting this bidet for your birthday. Ye just takes me as a dress, Bobby, you want to ship it to him?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: I think I might want one than that, Like if he's moved by it, I think I need one of these. They are game changers, a good bide. It's crazy that we in America don't think this is something that is kneed down toilets.
Speaker 2: Because you're like, oh, I'm getting sprayed in the butt with water. You're a cleaner, You're way cleaner.
Speaker 5: Question though, how do you dry off?
Speaker 2: They have the dress in them? Oh a dryer? Sometimes I go just for the dry Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I think for this toilet experience in general, like it wasn't just that it has the water and the like, the toilet was just insane, you know how?
Speaker 2: And you're not going to get him one of those just looks.
Speaker 4: Really sleek and cool too. No, I'm not no, what am I going to do uninstalled, like rip out the toilet that's in his bathroom?
Speaker 5: Will you get someone to do that?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: If you loved him, if okay, sorry, that's just like not going to be a gift for his fifteenth birthday.
Speaker 2: Did you ask the restaurant which one it was?
Speaker 4: It would be epic? No. I guess I could call just so that we could.
Speaker 2: Yeah, call because I'm curious. Will you just call and ask them what the toilet is?
Speaker 1: Yes, because I'm curious to know, just to quench my thirst of what was so awesome that everybody from the table had to go do it?
Speaker 2: Okay, because that feels like it must be a heck of an experience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like if you can see a good movie, you go on a good roller coaster, you let your friends know a B day, Now, that must be a fantastic B day.
Speaker 4: I mean to come back and say ten out of ten best of the waiters of my life.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: Later regards to the chef on your bedet, I mean, what was your story?
Speaker 2: By the way, before we get out of.
Speaker 4: Here, the gen Z stare like give it to me. Well, it's just something that people are assigning to anyone ages thirteen to twenty eight right now is considered gen Z. And I guess they have this stare that they give people like when you ask them like, how's it going, or you try to engage in conversation. They don't really know how to do it because they have this stare like millennials some of us, you know, like we've got things assigned to us like avocado toast, and they have the gen z stare. I guess it's a look they give. And I feel like my daughter does have it sometimes. She's eighteen, so she's.
Speaker 2: Right confused with human interaction.
Speaker 4: I think it's just sometimes like how do we communicate face to face?
Speaker 5: I was reading that because like they were kind of they started working during COVID and they had to work from home, that they kind of their social life kind of got stunned, which I guess it happened to all of us, but with them a little more because they were in the growth.
Speaker 2: The professionally growth dunted.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's almost like saying hi to them?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 4: Also in the article I read, which was from the Washington Post, that it's like an inconvenience, Like you're inconveniencing them. They have to stop and be like, uh, what.
Speaker 2: Do I do here?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What am I do here?
Speaker 4: So it's got a name that's called So if you encounter that with anyone ages thirteen to twenty eight. You are encountering the gin zy stair.
Speaker 2: There you go. We will end on that. Thank you. Guys.
Speaker 1: We have a new episode of twenty five Whistles up today. We'll be up quarterback for Vanderbilt. Diego Pavia is on with us for like forty five minutes.
Speaker 4: Diego, what.
Speaker 2: What was that?
Speaker 4: That was weird?
Speaker 2: I don't want to there was nothing to play.
Speaker 4: I know, I like his Diego Pablo. Yeah, no, oh, Diego Pavia. He's still got a good name.
Speaker 2: Yeah he's a quarterback.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's strange.
Speaker 1: All right, check out twenty five Whistles today. We'll see you guys tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye, everybody.