Speaker 1: Welcome to the solid verbal ll that for me.
Speaker 2: I'm a man, I'm for I've heard so many players say, well I want to be happy. You want to be happy for a day?
Speaker 1: Edo steak is that woo woom? And then and Tye, welcome back to the Cliburbal boys and girls. My name is ty Hildebrant, joining me as always in snowy, in wintry yet happy, Chicago, Illinois. Dan Rubinstein, sir, how are you ty?
Speaker 2: Whenever blue tear drops or falling and my emotional stability is leaving me, there's something I can do. I can get on the telephone, Tie and call you up.
Speaker 1: Now. I thought you were doing song lyrics there, but then I it just it registered that call you up, Tie is not something that Taylor Swift song lyrics.
Speaker 2: No, it's song lyrics. I hesitate to go any further because it gets it's to a weird space because those are lyrics from Sexual Healing by mih Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's different.
Speaker 2: But I was just I was listening to the the A Brass Band, I think it's the Hot eight Brass Band, and they do their own version, that New Orleans version of sexual Healing, and it you know the solid toddler's getting into the tuba because it's in one of his books. There's somebody playing a tuba, and so I played him that song because of course that's a song you play your toddler with the tuba New Orleans version of sexual Healing. So I just listened to it, and it's fantastic.
Speaker 1: Tight. It's a great day to be behind a microphone. Are you gonna be a Are you gonna be a tuba?
Speaker 2: Dad?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: But he he responding, He is responding well enough to that, like bomb boom, Mike. I'm a bass guitar at a certain point, Okay, let down that low end.
Speaker 1: Maybe you're with a guitar. You're saying that it's great that you like the tuba and that your musically inclined son. Yes, need a little bit more edge out of you. We're gonna go bass guitar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, lay down a little bit of funk. I might have to have another kid tie just so I can get some percussion going, just to start a family band.
Speaker 1: To start the family band, Yeah, that seems like the move. Well, hello, look we're back here. We hope everyone's staying warm, staying healthy, doing their best to get through this long, cold off season. Here, We've got a fun show this evening. We don't have a whole lot of news that we're gonna get through anything like you normally don't.
Speaker 2: You normally don't determine that until the end when you go look, fun show. No, I'm waiting for the verdict.
Speaker 1: I am reasonably confident that this is gonna be a fun Okay, all right, reasonably confidence. So look, before we get into the brass tacks and down to business here, soliverble dot com is the website going out there if you're just finding us the first time. Numbers I believe are up this offseason, so people are hey looking forward to starting a new here in twenty twenty one. Going out to the website, you can find everything you need to subscribe and listen wherever you get your podcasts again soliverble dot com. You can also sign up for the newsletter, which we haven't sent out a whole lot of recently, but no doubt we'll tick back up and start doing more of that the closer we get to the season. Also important side note, Dan, maybe this is the breaking news. I'm not yelling it because you know why, but thank you, Thank you, buddy. Okay for ballers dot com. That is the url for our Patreon. As it said on the last show, we're trying to do more of the off topic stuff with a regular cadence. It's only available to Patreon subscribers at the current moment. Here is what we are doing on Friday, and we have put together the topic sheet. I am so excited for this show. We are talking about our exploits as young athletes, both in the youth and high school days even up through college and intramural and just pick up sports. So we're talking about our own personal athletic careers out on.
Speaker 2: Patreon I and youth sports and high school sports in general in general. Yeah, not just hours, but that is going to be a feature.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely. So I put a post up on the Patreon Super Secret Patreon board and we started getting some comments, people posting their own stories, their own thoughts on the matter. So I'm really excited to do this show, probably gonna end up being the longer variety. But again, you can only get access to it if you're going out to verballers dot com and sign up to be a Patreon.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna make you turn your camera on is what I'm gonna do. We're gonna have a video version.
Speaker 1: I have a hair situation going on right now. And if I told you about this, all the better. Yeah. I look like I'm in a Beatles cover band right now. Perfect.
Speaker 2: I love it. It's done, it's happening. That's even more reason sold. Okay, Yeah, it's gonna be a fantastic show. We've been sketching this one out for a little bit.
Speaker 1: Now, don't forget to follow along on social media. You know how to get to social media. Follow along there and stay tuned for more info because I have another set of games to play as Navy out on the twitch stream. Nice. Okay, you' been going but it just might work. But it just might work, Dan, What what what are we talking about here? What just so might work?
Speaker 2: So there's I'm trying to draw a line between Obviously we love the phrase hot takes, that's been around for a long time, but that's more about Here is something controversial. Here is something that is out of left field in a way that I'm trying to stir the pot in a delightfully evil way. This is not a hot take show. Sometimes we do hot take show This is not that show. I had a prompt for fans to be homers and to give me something outlandish, preposterous about their team that only a homer could provide. Either positive. It's mostly positive, Like you know, my team's can go eleven and one, we're gonna make the playoffs, and we've got a lot of that. That's fine, but we do have some some negative nancies out there, which is all the same. Homers can be harder on their own team, like you are harder on Notre Dame. Perhaps in the average Notre Dame fan. I am harder perhaps on Oregon, the average Oregon fan, just because we try to look at things in a more holistic We try more holistic viewpoints, and we never want to get ahead over our skis. So we asked for this on both Twitter and Instagram. I believe we've got a ton of responses, a bunch of email, and so we're going to go through this. And even though it's not a hot take, I sent you the Scoville heat unit scale of peppers. You should have the spicy sound available to you. I do have it your soundboard. Yeah, So the twenty fourth this is according to masterclass dot com I don't know who's teaching this masterclass, but the twenty fourth most spicy, the hottest, the twenty fourth with zero Scoville heat units is a bell pepper, your standard bell pepper, red, green, yellow, orange, what have you? And short of pure capsaicin, which is the chemical that provides spice in pepper's that's found in the seeds, the Carolina Reaper at two point two million Scoville heat units is the possible, the highest possible in terms of spice. Jlapano's at ten thousand, Carolina Reaper at two point two million. So we are going to go through this listing of preposterous outlandish homer feelings about the teams we have. We actually have a Homer sound somewhere, don't we When we did our like only homer is allowed serious. That's somewhere I could try concert one, Okay, But we have a document with all sorts of preposterous outlandish feelings. And news wise, the only breaking news I've seen recently is that Illinois and Nebraska are no longer playing in Dublin. They are going to be playing in Champagne.
Speaker 1: And we just made fun of that game, didn't we. We said it was a classic Irish man.
Speaker 2: Classic Irish premium European city moved back to a premium eastern central Illinois city. So take that. Danville, Illinois Champagne has this one.
Speaker 1: So okay, again, we're talking about things that are so crazy. Maybe they're good enough to work, maybe not. We will be grading them on a spiciness scale. Yeah, correct thing. Do you want to start off with one of your own?
Speaker 2: Sure, give me one of your Oregon You want me to talk about Mike Oregon. Yes, preposterous, outlandish thing. Oregon's going to go eight in four, which is a pretty big step back. I don't think they're going to miss a bowl game. It seems outlandish to say, because they've been putting together pretty crazy impressive recruiting classes. But quarterback has unsettled enough working in a new defensive coordinator. The offensive line was somewhat shaky at times last year, and it's hard to look too far into twenty twenty results and trends, but I'm down right now on Oregon's chances of repeating and winning the Pac Twelve for a third consecutive season. So with Ohio State in the non conference, some tough road games, it's not fully preposterous, outlandish, but I could see things going kind of haywire this year as things sort of point to twenty twenty two for Oregon.
Speaker 1: Okay, eight and four, I mean it's hard to get too high up on that Scoville heat index.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it's not too spicy with.
Speaker 1: Eight and four. What if I told you Notre Dame is going to go eleven to one? Okay, I mean they just went undefeated, right, they just went undefeated. A lot of turnover though, and obviously Jack Collin leads them to an eleven to one record. I don't see. Here's the thing. I looked over the roster and I feel like they're okay in the line. I feel like they found their running back in Kiren Willyiams. I feel like receiver has to get better again. Some turnover on defense that is problematic, But I feel like they've recruited pretty well. Like the schedule is very workable. As we said, a couple of shows ago at Florida State to open the year will be a challenge. Tough to go to Tallahassee. They've got a neutral site game in Chicago, so maybe you'll go to this one against Wisconsin end of September, they're at Virginia Tech. They've obviously got the USC game, They've got Sam Hall in North Carolina. But there's no like Clemson on this ruck.
Speaker 2: Give me a preposterous direction, though, because this and I understand that Oregon was downsort of this year and won the PAC twelve. But is Notre Dame going to? Which direction do they dramatically move in? Are they getting over a playoff hump or are they going nowhere near the playoffs? What is more likely?
Speaker 1: In your view?
Speaker 2: Well, there goes some foam off my walls in an outlandish direction.
Speaker 1: I think it's it's a good question. I think it's if I'm if I'm sticking to my guns here, I say eleven and one and not looking anywhere good enough to be in the playoff.
Speaker 2: I think it goes the other way. I think I mean, just in I think Notre Dame could also go eight in four.
Speaker 1: Oh for sure. I think that's more likely. And I think I think in terms of your your heat index, this is definitely spicier than we're can go to eight in four because Notre Dame does have turnover and I don't think it's that widely assumed that they're going to win eleven games this coming year.
Speaker 2: Here here are the list of teams that I think it's realistic that they're competitive with Notre Dame because they've improved this year with the benefit of a fuller but certainly not full off season. Spring football is going to be different, summer workouts different, and hopefully fall camp is something familiar. But Florida State, Wisconsin, Cincinnati, Virginia Tech.
Speaker 1: We'll see.
Speaker 2: With Virginia Tech, it's a proximer promiser team USC North Carolina, Navy, Virginia, Georgia Tech. I don't think Stanford is realistically improving to any Georgie dramatic competitive place. That's a good number of teams who could give a greener Notre Dame team trouble, right, Keaton Slovas, Sam Howell, Grammarts, Mackenzie Milton to come on, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Think four is more.
Speaker 2: I think a four is more likely than playoff flirtation by a considerable margin.
Speaker 1: For it's definitely more likely. Yeah, And all I'm saying is I could see him going eleven to one and not really looking the part. But I think the schedule's work. So you pick your year. Yeah, that's my that's my prediction, my outlining, avishly spicy claim eleven to one not okay, So I'm going to give you like eight times before the start of the year, but at time of recording here mid February, I'll go to I'll go with that one.
Speaker 2: I think we're in the eight thousand Chipotle Wahio range wise. Okay, so we're not there, not a lot of spice to what we've been talking about with our teams. Should we go to some listeners, please?
Speaker 1: Okay? I love this one.
Speaker 2: The Miami Hurricanes will lose only one regular season game in twenty twenty one. They will run the vast majority of their starters. They returned Derek King, the entire offensive line, pay no attention to what the offensive line is able to do most of the defense, and everyone on offense outside of Brevn Jordan was very good at tight end. Manny keeps winning the off season, we'll have to translate to wins. So it's from Orrin Greno Miami eleven and one. You don't even really need to look at their schedule because then we're just getting too far in the way of talking about Notre Dame. In the way we looked at their schedule, but Miami, do you when you watch them near the end of last year, We're like, Okay, this team is pretty close to putting it all together, and they can with a couple of breaks, they're gonna have a crazy good season.
Speaker 1: Wow, he's saying one loss. Huh. Yeah, that's spicy. It's getting hot in here.
Speaker 2: I think there's too many questions, but I in terms of spice and how much I would love to taste it. They opened with Alabama, to be clear. Otherwise I'm not gonna go through game by game. Not a lot of obvious killers.
Speaker 1: On this schedule.
Speaker 2: So I'm I'm gonna say it's spicy.
Speaker 1: But you can eat it.
Speaker 2: You you'll you'll sleep, You'll be okay in the morning. So I'm gonna say it's a Serrano twenty three thousand Scoville heat units.
Speaker 1: Twenty three thousand school heat.
Speaker 2: It's twenty number seventeen of twenty four on this list.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna go Santaka Dan, which is a bit oh fifty thousand Scoville heat units, tied with Tabasco. There we go.
Speaker 2: It looks like it's a Japanese pepper. The Santaka Santa. I mean it sounds Japanese.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah, I mean I think you're right about that, But they're there are also some land mines on this schedule. Open the year neutral cider, like you said, against Alabama, there's a road tilt at North Carolina. North Carolina loses a ton, but they still have Sam Howell, so I'm I'm hesitant to really pencil that one in as a win. They're at Pitt, which weird things happen at Pitt, They're at Florida State, and they've got Virginia Tech. So the back half of their schedule it toughens up. Really. In the beginning part of the year, it's just Alabama and you know, well, I guess Michigan State and Apps date. But it still feels like the latter half is where the land mines are. So I don't see eleven and one. I think that's a very spicy take, but I appreciate the optimism.
Speaker 2: Let's say, with what and we don't need to go game by game again, this is not the point of this exercise, but let's say Miami comes very close to fulfilling its potential in terms of talent level and in terms of the sum being greater than its parts injury.
Speaker 1: Luck perhaps.
Speaker 2: You could see eleven and one like that is with that is if you're looking in binoculars and I.
Speaker 1: Could see it. Yeah, I could see that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there are a number of teams on this schedule with clear bright flaws. I can see it in the horizon tie. I can definitely see it, which is why I only went with Serrano. But I appreciate your Santaka.
Speaker 1: I just Miami's in that category with Texas where it's like we're don't hold your breath waiting for them to get quote unquote back because it never seems to happen. So I will believe this one. When I say I'm rooting for this, by the way, I really am, because I think the ACC needs more competition to make you more ancisse. Yeah, but I just ooh, eleven and one.
Speaker 2: That's yeah, the pieces they lose on defense, it's not my favorite. Well two hots, those ends really, I mean they've recruited well, but those.
Speaker 1: Defensive ends were special. If they go eleven and one, Deerik King's probably one of the Heisman and it.
Speaker 2: Probably means he has the best surgeon America. Well, I don't know if it was doctor James Andrews, but it's going to take a minute, I think for him to really feel comfortable and get back to his playmaking self. Next, you want to go to the next spice level.
Speaker 1: Eric, Eric, Yeah, the Washington Huskies will win the Pac twelve, go to the Rose Bowl. They have the best defense in the conference. They would have beaten Oregon last year if COVID had not canceled the game. And they are getting their five star Heward in to start at quarterback to help raise the offense. So, okay, this is putting a lot of faith in Jimmy Lake, right. We didn't see a full season out of Jimmy Lake.
Speaker 2: But yeah, the defensive coordinator Bob Gregory from an internal hire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there's a lot of new there. You know, the PAC twelve better than any Buddy Dan? Yeah?
Speaker 2: What is the ayah?
Speaker 1: What is maybe not better than Yogi Roth, but everybody else. You're up there? Sure? What is the landscape just in the PAC twelve North? Is it conducive to the Husky's going on a run like this? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well, here here's who the Huskies have at home in the North Oregon. Washington State, cal They've got the threats al all at Husky Stadium. It's an amazing schedule for Washington. Now they mentioned are the Eric mentions, it's Sam Heward. It's a lot to depend on a true freshman. Dylan Morris was okay, But again, where are the threats coming from in the conference?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 2: The schedule is incredible. It's Colorado, Oregon State, Stanford, Arizona on the road, and they have Michigan in the non conference. They're they're coming to the Midwest to ann Arbor, but just feels within. I don't even think it's that spicy. Washington's defense should be good. They developed a couple of really interesting pass rushers. They've got a great secondary really like I think it's Trent McDuffie just should be a first round talent. Elijah Moulden's all over the place, So definite talent on that team. And my problem with Washington is they definitely don't have Winter Wonders. They don't definitely don't have game changes at receiver and running back to me, so I think there is a lower B plus level cap. But I think Washington State just suspended Jaden Dolaura. I mean they brought in a transfer, and I just I Washington set up nicely to win the North, and I think the North largely just wins the conference. So yeah, I actually think it's like a holapeno take. I don't think it's that spicy. Washington should be pretty good in a conference that doesn't have a lot of pretty good right now. Ten thousand Scoville heat units.
Speaker 1: Ten thousand Schoolville heat units. What kind of pepper is that? Halopenio? Hallopenia? You're every day?
Speaker 2: You know you want to pickle? Do you want you want to dice it up and throw it and you want to make a popper.
Speaker 1: Out of it? I just it's good, but pepper? How do I say number sixteen Chile day r bol arbol bowl?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Our bowl is fine?
Speaker 2: Say that one more time, Chile d arbol Okay, I can't say so. The accent is on the A, which means you got to hit the A a little bit harder.
Speaker 1: Bowl. Yeah. I don't feel confident about that, but no, I'll go I'll go number sixteen here with thirty thousand.
Speaker 2: I means say hues audible does okay?
Speaker 1: Audible? Yeah? Next question?
Speaker 2: Wait, so why why is it so spicy? To you, why is it so much spicier to me? What is your doubt about why?
Speaker 1: Well, I get the law. No, I don't really have doubt about it. I get I get what you're saying. I think it's based in logic. Maybe it's just a semantic thing for me as I'm looking at this question, Washington winning the Pac twelve and going to the Rose Bowl just feels like I don't feel like I don't feel like they should be that good. Okay, And I don't know why, but I have a hard time believing that they're.
Speaker 2: Gonna Is it John Donovan hangover?
Speaker 1: It is a little bit okay, it's a little bit of John Donovan. I also feel like Oregon is still the team to beat.
Speaker 2: Defense should be pretty strong, it should be pretty strong.
Speaker 1: And they return.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's a lot of receiver talent, the running backs are all back. They're pretty deep there. It's just an Anthony Brown belief system, I guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And to that point, I think there's any time you've got that level of new Like I understand Anthony Brown kind of be a new star. But he's seen Anthony Brown at Oregon, We've seen him elsewhere. We kind of know what he's about. I'm all about five star quarterbacks. I'm all about Sam Heward, but we just haven't seen him play sure, So that's my cause for pause. My pet charity.
Speaker 2: By the way, if you are not a believer in Washington, you might have to be a believer. And Jar Guarantano, who is going to be likely starting at Wazoo. Next topic, Next topic, Okay, let's go to I like this one.
Speaker 1: This one.
Speaker 2: I believe it's from Ed Clemson. Ed is a Clemson fan and he is looking into the tea leaves and saying, Clemson.
Speaker 1: Clampson clip will fall off a cliff.
Speaker 2: WHOA No, Well, he's talking about how the defense was exposed and how there were game changers on offense that were proven obviously Trevor Lawrence Travis CTN and that the ACC, I suppose is catching up. Quarterback is certainly getting better in the ACC. There are more threats on the outside, better coaches, and the ability to sustain an amazing quarterback every year in college football might be too much to ask. In Dju's first full season as a.
Speaker 1: Starter, Clemson will fall off a cliff. Yep, Damn. Ed's bringing the Scoville heat units. Here is this like a Trinidad Marugo scorpion with whoa two million, nine and thirty one Scovill heat units. I'm not up that high. Come. I think I'm gonna go.
Speaker 2: Ghost pepper with this the but Jokia, China, Bhutan, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's gotta be at least over a million Scovil heat units.
Speaker 2: I think the ghost pepper is above a million, right, yes, yes, found in India. Yeah, I'm gonna go ghost Pepper with this one because I like talking about seeing ghosts.
Speaker 1: That's good falling off a cliff, though, falling off a cliff, I find that very hard to believe in a conference that we just talked about. There aren't a whole lot of killers in the ACC. Clemson stands to benefit from that now they do play Georgia. They do first week of the year will be a marquee matchup for sure. But then the rest of the way, who's the next best team on the schedule?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Maybe at pitt Or home against Florida State, at Louisville, at South Carolina. To close out the year, they should presumably run through the remainder of these teams. Their hardest game is Week one, so I find it very hard to believe that that's even possible, given the schedule, and given the talent that we know is already there.
Speaker 2: So this is their real given this schedule, what is their floor? So falling off a cliff is relative to how high their floor? Their floor is eleven and one Dan their floor, it's eleven and one. It's eleven one. They couldn't possibly do worse in one hundred universes simulating one hundred seasons every second. They couldn't do worse than eleven and one.
Speaker 1: Ten and two at worst. Where's the other loss coming from? They're not losing to these teams.
Speaker 2: First of all, Yukon got a ton of rest by not playing.
Speaker 1: That's true. Who's beating them seriously on this schedule? Georgia and.
Speaker 2: Some combination of at NC State, at Pitt Florida State, at NC State.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I believe it. Baby, Come on, man, you're not a Devon Leary? Did deve Otay? I like Devin Leary. I'm not a devote.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's one of those. I mean, there is okay at Pitt Florida State at Leisville to take Florida State seriously without knowing McKenzie Milton's health is kind of silly. But those are three games in a row two point which are on the road that I don't know, especially later on in the season. Maybe djus beat up a little bit.
Speaker 1: How many of these teams could they beat legitimately be eat without a real quarterback just starting somebody back there who was a high school quarterback can kind of throw but mostly runs the wildcat? Could they go eight four?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well they lose. They lose to anybody who has a really smart defensive coordinator, head coach combination. So they probably lose to pit They probably lose to Boston College. Uh with the Jeff Hafley, I get it. Maybe Georgia Tech, although the defense is still has a ways to go, certainly to Georgia. Uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, somewhere on there. Eight and four man, this is this ed. You know what, props to you? That's gonna win the entire spiciest, that's gonna be the spiciest. What did I say? What did I say? I'm looking at this? You said something with a scorpion Trinidad Marugo ruga scorpion two million, two million shoes. I'm just gonna call them shoes.
Speaker 2: Have you had have you yeah, Scoville heat units. Have you had any sort of uh pepper that originates in the Caribbean.
Speaker 1: I did when we were down in Jamaica.
Speaker 2: Scotch bonnets are big, Scottie bonbonds, Scotch bond had I had a couple, and I don't think I don't think it's clear to me whether or not you're actually allowed to import them. Okay, but I've had it a couple times. I think I shot an easy call when I was doing that series in New York and I went to a Caribbean influence restaurant and had some wings with Scotch bonnet sauce, and the chef alluded to the fact that he's got a guy in terms of trying and.
Speaker 1: You need a guy for the Scotch bonnet, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for Scotch bonnets, and they pack a wall up tie. I know you can handle your heat, but these, whooh, it's a lot. I mean, I had no. It's not that I really like handling the heat.
Speaker 1: I don't prefer the spiciest variety of pepper, okay, but I have it runs in the family. Let's put it that way. My family members could tolerate the heat I just don't prefer.
Speaker 2: It if you were like you just won't go out of your way, like if a place is like we've got atomic devil.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no devil t twings.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, So where would you mass max out? Knowing hallapeno is at a ten thousand here at number eighteen, where would you what is a stretch goal on this list?
Speaker 1: Stretch goal? That's a great question. I don't I'm certain that I've eaten peppers that are hotter than this.
Speaker 2: You've probably done a hobbin arrow. I'm pretty sure I've done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm pretty sure I've done a hobby narrow, and a hobbin nio has the same as a Jamaican hot pepper per the scale.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but hobin arrows are tough, man, That's a it's a tough ask.
Speaker 1: I'm not really looking to crack into the top five here, Dan, Okay, you're not going half a mil you're yeah, I think three fifty is probably enough for me. Three fifty is like I'm getting sweaty three fifty as I'm looking for something like milk that can dilute the burn. Three fifty is probably some sort of bathroom episode which we don't have to talk about on this here, no Go Go Dee podcast. But no, I mean, do you how hot have you gone?
Speaker 2: I've done the Scotch bond in the hobbanaro, but nothing hotter than that. And that it was like in a salsa. It's not like I was taking a bite of it or eating a pure of it on lacquered onto some wings. And I had a hobbanaro salsa in Mexico at a place, a taco place, and you're supposed to have the hobbinaro with this type of taco, a hobbanaro salsa, because it's a very fatty cut of pork. And I saw the future time. I was seeing waves on your shot. Yeah, I was seeing ghosts. So all right, let's get let's get spicy with another with another outlandish, preposterous claim, Thank you very much. Georgia will beat Alabama twice this year freshman quarter Okay, SEC Championship game, college football playoff. Okay, we've talked about JT. Danielsalked about him a little bit, but I want to talk about Kirby Smart. I want to talk about I guess Dan Lanning and George Pickens and what this offense would need to do if Alabama is anywhere near where they've been these past few years with mac Jones and Tua. That does Georgia have the firepower? So we're talking Stetson Bennett plus something beyond Stetson Bennett, which wasn't great for four quarters, but they were there. Do you see Georgia being able to score forty five plus presumably what you'll need to score to beat Alabama for the foreseeable future twice this year? How preposterous and outlandish is that claim?
Speaker 1: So what did I put the Clemson one at? I said two million special Yeah, Scoville heat units. Yeah. I kind of put this one up there, maybe at like Devil's tongue level that was three. Okay, this one does not strike me as being too far fetched. Alabama was incredible this year, and you're probably sick of us saying this if you're not an Alabama fan. But had the best recruiting class, the best recorded recruiting class, so they did well. They always do well. But I just I feel like, first off, I'm biased when it comes to Georgia because I have a thing for Georgia football. You know this. I also like JT. Daniels an awful lot, maybe more so than most. It's tough for me to kind of see past that, but I do feel like we saw the better version of the Georgia offense down the stretch last season. And if in fact JT. Daniels comes back healthy, they got a ton of talent around him, we know the line's going to be solid as always. It's not too far fetched to me that Georgia comes out gunning and they just score a ton of points. That that's that, that's an ability of that offense. So twice is twice is what makes it a stretch. I feel yeah, I feel confident. Three hundred thousand special heat units. Give me, give me the Devil's that's pretty hot. That's pretty spicy. It's spicy, it's spicy. I think it's mostly spicy because we're saying that they need to do it twice. But I feel like George has got it in them that they've certainly got the talent level they could at least do it once.
Speaker 2: I have this as a Trinidad scorpion, butch T one point four million.
Speaker 1: Wow, no faith.
Speaker 2: It's not that I'm yee of little faith, which I guess doesn't make sense because I can't be ye. Beating Alabama twice seems kind of like a non starter to me. Beating beating Nick Saban twice in a season. I don't know how many teams have attempted it because of the the unlikelihood of the ability to play Alabama twice, But I do remember Alabama losing nine to six to LSU and then subsequently not letting them pass the fifty in the National Championship came let alone score a point, different offenses, different time whatever, different defenses. That was an all time, all time, all time Alabama defense. I just think it's it just feels too impossible to me, So I look agree. Ever, in Georgia football, I am we agree.
Speaker 1: On that component. We agree that the real spiciness here is in the beating them twice bit. What if I reframed the question, what if I said level of spiciness for beating Alabama once?
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean, let me scroll down like Chipotle.
Speaker 1: So it's doable. It's just twice is what makes it hard for you to believe. I can sympathize with that. I can relate. By the way, we'll post this article in the notes of this here show if you want to get a look at the Skulvill heat index for yourself.
Speaker 2: Chipotle smoked Tulapano, by the way, not a standalone pepper, but gets its own classification. Some of these are smoked and dried out versions of other peppers should be pointed out. Okay, next take that you find to be preposterous or outlandish. I mean, our friend Dan Klobocar is saying, Purdue, We'll start out two and zero after squeaking by Oregon State and Yukon followed by ten straight losses.
Speaker 1: Bell Pepper, Bell.
Speaker 2: Frigid, like the pipes beneath this house I'm renting. I see fridgid. Not a lot of heat here.
Speaker 1: You go from Miller time of the second year coaches in the SEC. Mike Leach in Mississippi State have the best year. The offense showed promise by the end of twenty twenty, and his teams have always made big jumps offensively in year two. Zach Garnett was great with a young defense in twenty twenty, and they should be even better this season. So what say you?
Speaker 2: So you're saying better than Lane and Ole miss.
Speaker 1: Better than Eli Drinkwitz I guess.
Speaker 2: Eli Drinkwitz better than Sam Pittman at Arkansas. The problem with Mississippi State is, yes, the lows were pretty low, but as a program, they've been pretty good lately, so the jump won't feel as pronounced. But yeah, I think I'm okay with this. I think I'm okay. I don't think it's all that spicy. I don't think there's a ton of you don't think there is this preposterous outlandish though. The thing to doubt is where that locker room is, because it did not seem by all accounts to be that pleasant a place. And so if there's not a belief in Mike Leach in that system, or there's still you know, you have this awkward point whenever there's a new coach, especially one who brings out a lot of emotions like Mike Leach does, where you start getting factions his guys hold over Dan Mullen, guys. I wonder what that that locker room, and that what that culture is like, because sometimes that takes a lot of time to work out. And year two, or technically year one, because it's year one for every new coach if they started out last year, I I'm concerned about that, but given the defense given you know, Jayden Wally, my guy, I don't know if you have the sound ready for you, but there's elements that makes me think that this could be.
Speaker 1: A pretty fun team. Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Sorry it was so no, it's okay, I'm trying to catch you. So yeah, I'm gonna say I'll go to Basco fifty k not crazy spy.
Speaker 1: Now, this doesn't feel spicy at all to me. It doesn't feel spicy at all to me, like an Anaheim Poblano. Let me pull it back up here, give me.
Speaker 2: A pap We'll go Chipottele eight thousand. Okay, all right, fair enough, so a little bit of a kick, but not too bad. Arizona State per one, longtime listener, Arizona State fan, a young talented roster is now just a talented roster that might return twenty one starters from a year ago. Got to win those clunkers though, Arizona State winning the PAC twelve. The common road splits, but Asu experience quarterback. They've got a good mix of sort of cagey veteran coaches and younger recruiter types.
Speaker 1: I there's a lot of spice there Dan, there's a considerable amount of spice on this one.
Speaker 2: So I think you need to be so so solid along the lines to avoid dropping a clunker. And I'm not there yet with Arizona State. Yeah, well, I don't think the depth is quite there. I don't think the playmakers are quite there. And I like Jayden and Daniels a good deal, but he has had what was was the UCLA game. They had a wreck of a game this year. That's what concerns me. Yeah, Jade Daniels was not particularly good that game, so that that is the concern to me. Losing a game like that at home, not getting to twenty points. I'm not, I can't, I'm not. I'm not fully there. So in terms of spiciness without there being a team I love in the South, although I'm getting pretty high on UCLA at the moment, I'm going to say moderate spice. I'm gonna say moderate. I'll go in that Chile Day Audible territory at thirty.
Speaker 1: K Chile de Arbol.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's a pretty open division, a pretty open conference, and I just I believe in every team in that in the South is going to drop a clunker and a half, so ASU has some legal room winning the PAC twelve. I mean, how many good quarter good legitimately known good quarterbacks are there in the PAC twelve.
Speaker 1: Now, look, yeah, you're right. I mean Keaton Slovs. Keaton Slovis, I think is the obvious answer.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I love, love love Keton Slovas after watching him in the PAC twelve championship game.
Speaker 1: I don't know. So they have they haven't actually set the PAC twelve schedule yet, correct, right, But we know the Homan Roads, but we know the Homan Road splits, and and that's sort of my point. There's a road game in here at Utah Road Gaming, here at Washington Road Gaming here against UCLA, depending when that when that game is played, that could be an interesting setup. There's a road game against BYU without Zach Wilson, who some apparently like better than Trevor Lawrence, which is we could talk about that later. So it's not the easiest schedule. But to your point, like I don't know, the PAC twelve South feels like it's winnable because we don't know what we're gonna get at USC never feels like we know. And if as you can get everything in a row. It stands to reason dated at least be in the conversation. But the clunker element of this is what scares me. There's clunker potential with the schedule and how many how many shoes did you go shoes? I think about thirty k? Thirty k feels right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I went back to the Chile.
Speaker 1: Thank you. That's pretty close. The roads.
Speaker 2: The road games are not great at Oregon State, at UCLA, Utah, at Washington and then BA.
Speaker 1: That's there are four and a half losable.
Speaker 2: Games on this schedule, bare minimum losable, not that they will lose, but envisionable. So yeah, I think it's I think there's a good amount of spice, so it's just not crazy amount of spice.
Speaker 1: Andrew Penn State will win nine games this season, which is in a wild prediction.
Speaker 2: But the catch we've got David going ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see this, but they're diametrically opposed with what I'm about to say next. Okay, so Andrew is saying that the catch here is that Christian Veyo will be the starting quarterback, not Sean Clifford. Clifford has hit his ceiling, has been coached by multiple offensive coordinators and hasn't improved. He is not the future. David says that Penn State will go ten and two on the back of Sean Clifford, who's going to step up his game, become a great quarterback, get help from the new offensive coordinator in a complete offseason, and Johan Dotson, who is coming back. So okay, two ways skin that cat. I don't think either prediction is too far off base. So I think Penn State's got a lot of talent. Okay. The quarterback situation, though, I think we're just David, We're gonna have to agree to disagree. I agree with Andrew and this one. It's it okay, certainly not a full and normal off season by any stretch.
Speaker 2: Last these are meant to be outlandish, by the way. This is understanding, David, or for Andrew chiming in.
Speaker 1: To say, I've been thinking this the whole time. No, no, no positive important disclaimer, important disclaimer, David, this one's for you. Thank you, Thank you for writing in, for supporting the show. I appreciate it. The level of spice. Show me pull up Penn State schedule, YEP, I have it. What's it look like?
Speaker 2: Academic calendar or football football football. Please, Okay, it's making sure. Well, they do have Auburn and it's an Auburn team going through changes having Neal coach. But yeah, it is, you know, a talented Auburn team and opening they're at Wisconsin is certainly tricky. We just don't know what to expect out of the Badgers. But that's a quality program. We'll see what they look like in terms of a depth chart, spring fall, summer, injuries, whatever. Indiana is nice to have at home Iowa on the road, they're either losing that game seventeen sixteen or winning that game seventeen sixteen. Just how it works time right, Take this points, take those points, take them and run. You know, the stretch in the Halloween early November, like it's.
Speaker 1: Ten and two is doable. You could do ten this.
Speaker 2: I mean the quarterbacks on Penn State schedule that whoever vo or Sean Clifford have to match point for point are as follows.
Speaker 1: C. J. Stroud Ohio State or Jack Miller, whoever ends up starting. That's it.
Speaker 2: Unless you're a big believer in Kade McNamara. I know it's Kate what I like? Got hey, thank you? Yeah, I mean it's sort of it has a feeling of Penn State can win something ugly against both Wisconsin and Auburn, and if you want a pencil in losses at Iowa and at Ohio State with a toss up decent situation against Michigan, there is an element to Penn State needing to hold, serve and just tread water and that they can get a couple of breaks and get to ten and two.
Speaker 1: I feel like ten and two is doable. Certainly nine and three is doable.
Speaker 2: I also think ten and two and six and six are on equal footing.
Speaker 1: Yeah where I just the reason that David is spicier is because of the Sean Clifford comment, and it's definitely wishful thinking. I just do not see that. I do not see that at all at all. I think it's more I think Andrews is more likely and therefore has less spice. David. I like you going for it here with Seawan Clifford, but I'm out on them. So many how many quarterbacks?
Speaker 2: And I mean we can deep dive this at some point or who knows, or people can just tell us, like how many quarterbacks maintain a high level and grow with three coordinators in three years, No exactly exactly what it's Ricky, Ronnie, it's Kirk Shraka and now Mike, you're sick like is that a People pointed to that as the issue about Josh Rosen developing and obviously had a terrible offensive money UCLA, but putting it all together, starting from scratch three straight years, no matter what Sean Clifford's ceiling is, I it's just such an impossible ask to me.
Speaker 1: Ten wins with Sean Clifford is a Carolina cayenne one hundred and twenty five thousand Scovill heat units. Okay, doing nine and three with their freshman stud I'm gonna go back to the chili de orbull at thirty thousand. Still feels like a little bit just like saying that I can't say it that's the problem. Still feels like a little bit of a stretch. But I think it's definitely more workable and not that spicy. In the grand scheme, Peter Minnesota will win the Big ten okay O line gets two starters back who opted out, and of course Tanner Morgan Big ten running Back of the Year returns Okay, new kicker and punter Okay, bunch of defensive studs coming in will win the West because I'm disillusioned the whole thing, versus Ohio State because their new quarterback stinks. This is outlandish, preposterous thing, by the way, So okay, I like it.
Speaker 2: I love the heat. We had somebody else talk about PJ. Fleck is gonna raise his profile to such a point where he's gonna have a sixty minutes segment in mid December. Yeah, Mike Leech treatment, Yes, I like it.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 2: I think it's more likely that PJ fleckets on sixty minutes than Minnesota wins the Big Ten.
Speaker 1: Oh for sure.
Speaker 2: So for sure, in terms of spice, Minnesota winning what I still consider to be a outside of one team wide open conference. Well, okay, so let's let's let's talk about Minnesota winning the West door stepping it totally. That's not spicy at all. Now, I have I harbor a little bit of.
Speaker 1: Resentment because I was all in on Minnesota last year and they stink, and they took a ton of money, probably out of the pockets of the same verballers sending in some of these outlandishly spicy predictions. Yeah, so it's gonna take me a little bit a moment to get over that. But I do feel like, as I do seemingly every year, that the Big Ten West is pretty wide open. That to me is not the spicy part. The spicier parts obviously winning the conference championship game. That is this as spicy as it was a year ago when Justin Fields was a quarterback for Ohio State.
Speaker 2: Yes, we're also coming off of a disastrous Minnesota season.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so you can't get over it either.
Speaker 2: No, I can't at all, though, I mean I maintain that could you could blaze a path for a number of teams in the Big Ten to doorstep and the way that Indiana did perhaps where develop a couple receivers quarterback is sort of just well, maybe not excellent. A playmaker gets things done, And I definitely think a full season, perhaps a full year of whatever spring football looks like, summer and fall camp, and regularity to listen to and or tolerate PJ flex Ted talks every day all year long to buy in and believe will give minutes so to an advantage in a way that other teams may not need. So I'm gonna say there is noticeable spice, a bird's eye chili two twenty five k Scoville heat units. But you can get hotter here. You can definitely get hotter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could definitely get hotter. I don't think it's spicy because that.
Speaker 2: Offense was kind of a nightmare last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like they are unanswered questions with Tanner Morgan correct their unanswered questions about the Big ten East, plenty of them. So this is less spicy to me than it was a year ago. It will take me a moment to get over what I saw in Minnesota last year, which I just did not see coming. Thought they were going to be a heck of a lot better and they weren't. Yeah, how many heat units did you go to? Twenty five to twenty five? Five to twenty five? I'll go, oh man, there's really not much in between the bird's eye chili and tabasco, is there? No, I'm gonna go Carolina Cayen in again on Twlana Cayen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, seven points against Iowa last year, seventeen against Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you this, is it more likely that PJ. Fleck gets on sixty minutes because of football or because of some non football like charity that he's spearheading.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it'll be because something happens during a game, like he himself tackles a streaker. Okay, like there's something that raises his profile beyond sports, where he's involved in some sort of viral video or he breaks up a bank robbery so that.
Speaker 1: But it's not gonna be football related, is my point.
Speaker 2: Well, it'll introduce people to his football wackiness. So yeah, I think it'll involve football. But there's gonna be something, some element of his personality that uh that transcends.
Speaker 1: There needs to be that twist, though, There needs to be. I always thought the way that he wears a tie could be a nice entry point, but no one ever seems to play into that.
Speaker 2: Big tie not you know, the cleats thing too, is great he and Harbaugh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that. Ready to go out there. Okay, let's do like one or two more, Dan.
Speaker 2: All right, give me something out landish.
Speaker 1: I want to go.
Speaker 2: To but but but we had a few. Iowa State is going to make the playoff.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Shore. Let's do that one.
Speaker 2: Okay, Iowa State playoff team returning a time, Iowa State's returning starters go undefeated. Mm hmm, okay, okay, I'm assuming Nate does not believe that Texas will be back.
Speaker 1: Is that fair to say?
Speaker 2: It's fair to say it's uh, Northern Iowa LV in the non conference Northern Iowa Iowa UNLV.
Speaker 1: Excuse me.
Speaker 2: With the the Syhawk Trophy being decided in Aames.
Speaker 1: We've also got road games against Baylor, against Kansas State, West Virginia Tech's Tech, and Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it's it's it's a tough maybe slightly even, but pretty tough. So if we're talking about Iowa State in terms of they're a clear Big twelve contender, they're in the championship game last year, so they are on the road taking on their biggest threat, their biggest roadblock, without again not going game for game. But I think there is a good to very good shot that this happened.
Speaker 1: I feel pretty good about this one. Actually, I feel pretty good.
Speaker 2: Getting over Beating Oklahoma twice is near impossible. As we saw last year. It was still relatively close in the championship game though, for sure, But Iowa State to get over that hump, we're gonna have to match the probably a pretty improved and that's kind of scary to think about Spencer Rattler with a full off season at the Helm. So ah, their weakness was against the pass last year and it's not an amazing matchup, and they they're just they're not an explosive team. That's what worries me. That they could play a pretty good game like the way that they beat Texas scares me. Trailing a pretty good team the entire time and closing it out strong. It's not the best recipe for running the table, which Iowa State is probably going to have to do for people to believe in them on a playoff level. So I think there's considerable spice, just not overwhelming spice. So once again I'm gonna go up to I'll go Red Savina Hobanaro Red five eighty K.
Speaker 1: Five eighty K. So wow, you said you didn't think it was crazy, and then you went five eighty K.
Speaker 2: Well, if I'm saying just absolutely outlandis bonkers, I'm going over a mill. So I'm not there, but I think it's significant just because I still see a dud of a brock party half somewhere.
Speaker 1: So you talk yourself into it being spicier than you initially thought.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's a California pepper. I don't know how California spice relates to I was stayed football at this moment. I'll try to make a comparison that's tenuous at best, but yeah, that's where I am right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I m hm, undefeated is what he's saying. They're going to go undefeated. I think you went really spicy with this. Okay, I'm gonna say Bird's eye chili two twenty five. K. I don't think it's likely, but I also think that the Big twelve is upside down enough that something crazy like this could happen. So I would stayed on a sun Belt losing streak, sun Belt losing streak, Yes, okay, two twenty five. I don't think it's crazy. We're we're in vicinity here, Final one. You get the pink.
Speaker 2: Let's go, let's go something big here. Florida State wins nine games this year. Good quarterback play for the first time since Frenchy. I imagine that's DeAndre frances Wah. I was a freshman. Another step forward with an O line under a coach at Wlkins ends that can apply pressure, which helps the secondary. A full off season with the coach as a team that is committed. So do you think that this team, this program has shed everything that weighed it down from the end of Jimbo and the Willie Taggart era.
Speaker 1: Probably not. But here's what we're getting there. I think they're getting there. They're getting there. Yeah, No, it's I think going in a better direction. The problem here is that in looking at the schedule, Notre Dame, Clemson in Florida are on the schedule, which should I think should be losses, which leads virtually no wiggle room moving forward. We've got Miami, We've got NC State road tilt against North Carolina. It seems like every team has a road tilt against the North Carolina. They don't play any road games themselves. Nine and three, no wiggle room. I could get behind that. I think I could get behind that. Dan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Miami, Clemson, Florida, Notre Dame. It's four games, so they have to go one in three at bare minimum, and then beat up Jacksonville State, Wake, Louisville, Syracuse, UMass, NC State, Miami, BC.
Speaker 1: I could get behind this. I think, Yeah, your voice is too high. I know it happens.
Speaker 2: I think it's too big of a leap so in terms of how preposterous and spicy and outlandish it is.
Speaker 1: Ah, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 2: Let's go with the Naga viper one point three mil I appreciate the heat. It's too hot for me. Ooh, by the way, do you know why you're supposed to drink milk and not water if your mouth is on fire?
Speaker 1: I feel like I heard this once, but I can't recall the answer.
Speaker 2: There's no fat in water. Fat whatever globules or molecules or some mules, it coats the mouth, and thus it prevents the burning sensation, at least in a way that water doesn't. So if you really wanted to go big, you'd go like half in half or buttermilk or something, right, if you really wanted to prevent against severe mouth burn. But that's why water doesn't do much, doesn't code anything.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go Scotch bond it here, three fifty.
Speaker 2: Scotty bonbond Okay, So we didn't go full Carolina Reaper. I'm a little bit disappointed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna go Scotty bonbond here. Okay. I I think I've been higher on Florida state than most the last two seasons and it's probably not going to Chane. I do feel like they're getting closer to shedding all that baggage.
Speaker 2: To me, Florida State competing and being legit dangerous in the ACC will need two recruiting classes that really work out from Mike Norvell and falling backwards into three to five guys in the transfer portal that fill and need immediately and are exactly what they needed and wanted whatever. So I think more time is needed. But I think the pursuit of quarterbacks, both on the transfer market and on the recruiting trail, we saw it with Chubba Party and now Mackenzie Milton. Even if Mackenzie Milton is seventy eight and a half percent of what he was, that's a passing improvement.
Speaker 1: That's still better than James Blackman.
Speaker 2: That's noticeable. Yeah, I'm Jordan Travis. So yeah, the trajectory is there. The trajectory is there, a little too much heat for me.
Speaker 1: And I'm going to post this scale again so that people can please do their own homework right in solidverbo at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: Let us know and tell us the hottest pepper that you've consumed. Yeah, please do and how you dealt with it.
Speaker 1: We're I think, probably more interested in that. When I took my anniversary trip up to Niagara Falls, my one year anniversary trip that I told you about. When Kate and I went up there, we stopped somewhere at Upstate New York, and I don't know why, but I was in the mood to just get, like, as an appetizer, one of those plates of nachos, you know, and they said, do you want the peppers on it? I said sure. It was one of those situations where I was I was smearing sour cream on my tongue to try and get the burnout. It was definitely hotter than a normal jalapeno. That was probably the hottest thing I've ever experienced in my life.
Speaker 2: Was it a green pepper on nachos?
Speaker 1: I think it was?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, a serrano is more than twice Torano's at Chili Day. Audible, your new favorite. Those are red, so I'm not sure what green. Hobb and narrows are kind of neon orange, and I could see them on nachos, but it would if you had Hobby Narow nachos. The men you would almost assuredly say something.
Speaker 1: To give you like a flashing red warning of sorts. Yeah, the Devil's tongue.
Speaker 2: This is so Yeah, it would have its own section, its own spotlight within the menu. Maybe they were just probably serranos.
Speaker 1: Maybe they were just they.
Speaker 2: Went heavy seed. Maybe they went heavy seed with the halopanio.
Speaker 1: It could be because I've I eat hallo opinions all the time. It's not a big deal that I can take. But I've never experienced quite this level of heat.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm trying to think the hottest At a couple of Asian restaurants. Indian restaurants, there have been surprise chilis in a curry and a sauce and you get one of those where the sauce itself is spiced nice. Everything has played well together, but then you get that surprise pepper and you need a minute or seven. That's what That's what has got me in the past. We have the Hobbenaro in Mexico on the taco that one I remember specifically. I was there with Bill Barnwell. Actually he can attest to how delicious it was, but also that's a the the woman we were with down there, she was like, look, I know you like salsa, but we're talking treat it like an eye dropper type situation. Okay, and we did, we did, We followed the directions and still it was.
Speaker 1: An eruption eruption. All right. Well that's all I have. Thank you so much to everyone out there for that one show. Listen, fun show, Dan, good show, good answer. Thank you. Sliverwa at gmail dot com right in look for us on social media. And if you want to partake in the madness, that will be our show talking about youth, high school, college, you name it, sports. I'm excited about that show.
Speaker 2: Speaking of fun showman it see your dumb hair.
Speaker 1: It's really dumb right now, it's really bad. He love it's so bad. Okay for that, go there, Dan Rubistive for myself, Tie Hildebrant. We will talk to you all soon, hopefully the end of this week, if not definitely the start of next. My name is Ty Hildebrandt, Space Solid Peace.