Speaker 1: The Clippers are still searching for their first win with James Harden, while Philadelphia post the Beard is absolutely thriving, especially Tyrese Maxi. The Bucks and the Pelicans both mired in their own struggles. And then we got surprises galore at the top of the Western Conference, Minnesota, Dallas, Houston all rolling at this early juncture of the season. We get into all of that now here on this League Uncut.
Speaker 2: Welcome to this League Uncut. Can you rule of twenty four hour NBA news?
Speaker 1: This's you, Chris Hans.
Speaker 2: It's time, work's time, it's some time. This League Uncut is underway and on fire. This should be a good one.
Speaker 1: Welcome in everyone to the latest edition of This League Uncut. Mark Stein here with Chris Haynes. We are taping on a Sunday night, so it's Monday morning that this is actually this podcast has made its way to your phone. Crazy Sunday night, Crazy good Sunday night in the NBA. I know Sundays are supposed to belong exclusively to the NFL, but I think hoop junkies like us and everybody listening, it was hard to know where to look on this Sunday night there were so many games and so many interesting outcomes. The Warriors are losing at home to Minnesota as we speak, that's late in the fourth quarter. Is that going to be another huge win for the Timberwolves. The MAVs went to New Orleans and rung up one hundred thirty six points after scoring one hundred and forty four against the Clippers. The high octane Pacers, and I don't know how many times we've said that over the years, they go to Philly and lose Tyrese Maxi fifty points on the same Just mere hours after the Clippers. In James Harden's home debut, the Clippers lose at home to the one in eight Memphis Grizzlies. The Houston Rockets people beat the Denver Nuggets, dealing the defending champions just their second loss this season. Miami comes back from a zillion points down to beat Victor Wen Minyama and Co. In San Antonio. The thunder go to Phoenix and get a win. The Suns still can't get all their guys on the floor injury issues there. Devin Booker didn't play tonight and Bradley Beal appeared to be ailing as well. So I mean, there are a zillion different places that we can dig in here again, I mean, this is a robust Sunday night schedule. Chris Haynes, I suspect knows where I want to begin, and it's where we began multiple recent episodes. The Clippers. Okay, they lost their first three games with Harden. Those were all on the road. They went to Madison Square, Garden lost to the Knicks. They went to Brooklyn for a hardened reunion game against the Nets. Lost, That came to Dallas and the Mavericks hit them with an absolute offensive. Haymaker, Okay, fine, those are all on the road. This was again James Harden's home debut, and they lose to Memphis one in eight. Memphis goes in there and gets a one oh five one oh one win. Is it fair? Chris Haynes too? Is it already a crisis in Clipperland? An Owen four start to the James Harden era and he he he doesn't look like he is in peak shape. I think it's fair to say. I mean, Tyleru, I mean, what would you say to ty Lou if he asked your advice? Right now?
Speaker 3: All right? So the first question I'll answer, is this a crisis. It's hard for me to label anything a crisis this early in the season, but it is alarming. And what would I say to ty Lou. There's a lot of cooks in the kitchen, particularly when you're talking about that starting lineup, and I think it's fair.
Speaker 1: It's got a change, right, and they can't keep doing this.
Speaker 3: I don't think you can. I do not think you can. And yes, you know I say that, and I say, it's still early. You know, sometimes you want to give teams time to jail, and give rotations and mixtures time to jail. But you know, look what Darvin Ham did early. He he did this. Darvin Ham, remember he sat rest towards the early part of the season last season with wrestled with the Lakers, put him on the bench. Didn't call it a the motion, called it a realignment. And now he did it again the same time, same time a year later, did with Austin Reeves last game and Austin came out and played phenomenally, probably his best basketball all season off the bench. So there, you know, it depends on the type of team you have. If there if there's championship expectations, then the urgency, more urgency there. And as it pertains to the Clippers, you know they have championship aspirations, and so I think ty Lu will probably have to make a realignment somewhere. I just don't see them gelling. And then when it comes to James Harden, yes he's not in peak shape. He's he's a really good shape, but there's one thing. It's one thing to be in really good shape and then to be in NBA game shape mid season. Fo him, he's not there, He's working his way in. I can pretty much guess that if there's going to be a shakeup in that start lineup, it won't be with Harden. I could pretty certainly guess that. So I just don't know the timeframe that Tyler has, but I'll be able to ask him that question pretty soon. I'm traveling tomorrow to Denver. I have the Nuggets Clippers game Tuesday night, so.
Speaker 1: I can't wait for the next one. Today is gonna be good, but I really can't wait for the next one because I love when you get to go on the road, you get to see the Clippers, you get to see the Nuggets, and you get to come back here and tell us everything you heard I mean, but look, I'll be honest with you. I was alarmed for the Clippers after Friday Night's game in Dallas, and as I mentioned the last time we got together, I was so I mean, I really needed two of me on Friday night because I had TV duties on the Pelicans Rockets broadcast, and that meant that I couldn't go see the Clippers when they were in my city, and I really wanted to go see them, not expecting a game like that. And the MAVs hit them with a thirty five to four knockout punch in the first half and rang up one hundred and forty four points. And after the game, tylu said, quote, We're just not big enough, And that quote just jumped off the page to me, because the Mavericks are high optane and when Luka Doncic and Kyrie Irving are clicking like they have, especially these last two games, the MAVs can put up a lot of points. And this is exactly the blueprint. This is the way for the Mavericks to succeed is to just be a crazy scoring team. But the MAVs are super small. The MAVs on Wednesday night without Derek Lively got pounded for seventy two points in the paint, and the MAVs have had trouble points in the paint all season. They've been at the bottom of the lead. And so for the Clippers to come away from that, for tylu to come away from that game lamenting how small his team is. And obviously they've lost Mason Plumley, and definitely they really only have Zoobotch now as a you know, certifiable center. They're gonna have to go out and get somebody else, and they just, man, they don't have a ton of assets to go do that. So I mean, I I don't think it's too soon for crisis talking. Like I said, I and you'll have a much better handle after you see these guys in person. I can't wait. I can't wait to hear what you see and what you hear, because I mean, just I knew it was gonna take a minute, but I I mean, I just I never thought they were gonna struggle like this. I mean this Memphis. Memphis has been an absolute mess with no John Morant and no Brandon Clark and no Steven Adams and you know, one and eight start and Taylor Jenkins went off on the rest the other night, just got fine. I mean, I like you would have thought Memphis at home is the perfect way for the Clippers to start building something here. And and now they got Denver.
Speaker 3: And and I think they're big. They're big. Issue is definitely their biggs, But I think it extends beyond just a center. You know, they're they're small all across the board. You know, even with Paul George and Kawhi Leonard, you're asking one of those two to play the power forward position. And you know, just face it, these are all perimeter players, all of them. And I know the NBA, the way the NBA is going right now, positionless basketball. You could just put five guys out there on the court, but you're still at a disadvantage even if you have one big in there. You're you're asking people to do things that they're not accustomed to doing on a routine basis, And so you know they have problems in that regard. But you know, really right now is just a cohesion situation? You don't you know, is there too much of a redundancy in talent? You know, these are all things that we're going to I guess five I mean, there's probably enough to see that we found out that there's too much of redundancy, So I think there definitely has to be a change. Now what that change is, I'm not sure, but I just don't know if they can get by with that starting five.
Speaker 1: And what makes it tough is they started the season well. I mean, it looked like things were clicking, and man, they have just taken a massive step back and again, just you know, to rub salt in the wound, I mean tonight, I mean, Tyrese Maxi didn't just score fifty points for Philly in this track meet win over Indiana. After the game, Joe l Embiid, the reigning MVP of the National Basketball Association, tweets the franchise referring to Tyrese Maxey amazing that you know, Maxie is rolling to this degree. And you know the Sixers, you know, I'm you know, throw me on the list too. I'm one of those know it alls who said we're not gonna be able to judge this trade until we see what Philly does with the trade assets they got from the Clippers. But in the space of a week, the Sixers are already forcing us to revise that position because on an addition by subtraction basis, this team looks like a cloud has been lifted with the uncertainty of Harden's future now gone. And Tyrese Maxie was already playing great. But man, he just he just he looks better every game. I mean, he is really making I mean, the guy is going to be an All Star. And so Joe l Embiid looks very, very happy. I think that's safe to say.
Speaker 3: Embid told me multiple times right before they traded James Harden that they're a better team with him than without him. The way they're rolling, I don't know if that is accurate to say.
Speaker 1: And that was what he was supposed to say when Harden is still on thee.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, I agree. I mean, start, he could have said, you know, listen, you know, I'm I'm just going to play the game and whatever happens happens, and I have to, you know, I have to live with the results. He could have said something like that. But but yeah, definitely, you know, he played the PC row. But the way that I didn't think. I didn't think they would be this good off the bat right now. I definitely did think that Tyree's had another level that he can take it, and he's definitely doing that. But I still didn't you know, again, we were talking about Boston and Milwaukee, and we felt like Philadelphia, you know, fell down a peg because there was no movement. There was, there was some inactivity and look at look at what's going on right now. So you know, you have to give props and credit to the Sixers players for standing in the fight and just continuing to believe and work because right now they're they're looking like a real presence in the Eastern Conference.
Speaker 1: And look, we should interject here just an incredibly sad story over the weekend that Philly is confronted with now, sad, scary, and just awful that Kelly Oubray playing so well for the Sixers. In the words officially from the Philadelphia Police Department, Oubray was struck in the upper chest area by a vehicle on Saturday night, traveling at a high rate of speed. According to the Philadelphia Police Department, that car fled the scene. Ubray has sustained broken ribs injuries as well to his hip and his leg, and obviously he's going to be out indefinitely, And I mean that is just a terrible situation anyway you look at it. But Ubra, you could make the case that he has been the most productive out of that whole group. And again that you know, all those guys have had had their moments here in the early season. So we'll have to see how Philly copes with that terrible situation, and our best wishes and hopes that Kelly Eubra can re recover from that awful situation as quickly as possible, because that that was very sad news on Saturday night. I want to try to shift. Now, let's look at it another team that you know very well. Milwaukee still very up in down. The Bucks got hammered by Orlando on Saturday night. Give me your latest read on what we're hearing and seeing out of Milwaukee.
Speaker 3: I told you they've been they've been struggling all year. The wins that they've they've gotten haven't been well played wins. They got it done at the end. Three of their five wins have been dame time games where he has come through in the fourth and blitzed the defense and willed the team the victory. But you know they lost the last two. If Dame out with a calf injury. He will spoke to him this morning. He will be playing. He will return Monday. So it's a tough situation. I mean, I think there's problems on both ends of the ball. Offensively, you know they're it's taking some time, and we knew that was going to happen. I did in the last game that Dame and Giannis played together. It was the game that I believe Janni's got he got kicked out, he got ejected. I want to say that was against Detroit that he got ejected after receiving two technicals. I saw some good chemistry between Dame and Giannis, Like I saw them like really looking for each other, doing the extra passes. So you know that there is there is reason to be excited about that duo and them figuring it out offensively as a whole. There still needs, still needs a lot of work, but defensively has really been the issue they have yet to I would say, fine, I don't want to put it on one player because it should be a team effort. But you know they they did. Coach Adrian Griffin did kind of go back to Brook Lopez being in the drop coverage where he's more comfortable at but perimeter. Guys are having like close to career nights playing against the Bucks. And I let me say this, don Bucks fans, I could say, I ain't even gonna say Bucks fans, Alex Caruso over there in Chicago will be, uh will be a great addition to the Bucks. Will be a great addition. And I know, I know a lot of people feel that way a Caruso. You know, listen, I have to look more into that. I haven't spoken to anybody with the Bucks, so I don't want to say I'm just throwing that out there, because I've seen a lot of Bucks fans mentioning his name, you know, depending you know, the Bulls. We got to see what they're gonna do, because I think they're gonna ultimately have to make a decision of what they're gonna do with Levine DeMar Darroz. Are they going to keep this thing intact or they're gonna blow it up? And then if they do choose to blow it up. Is wild Chicago trade a good talent in Cruso to a division rival. You know, maybe it doesn't really matter because they're not in the thick of of anything in the standings, So maybe they do. Maybe I don't know, but you know, that's something to keep an eye on down the road. But uh, Milwaukee definitely lacks top tier perimeter defenders right now and that's really hurting them bad. But you know, like when you talk about Giannis and Dame Stein like they they still need time, they still need time. But I think Dame is shown already in three of those five wins. You know, he he was the signature Dame Time, had the signature Dame Time moments in those those those periods. But you know, he has yet to find his outside shot on a consistent basis, which I think he'll get there. He didn't really have an offseason.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm not worried about them offensively, They're gonna they're gonna figure.
Speaker 3: Out the defense.
Speaker 1: They're too I mean, these guys are too good, not too but the defense, I mean, look, if you know Alex Caruso, the line will be long if the Bulls ever decide to trade him, because I mean we're talking about one of the best on ball defenders in the league on a very reasonable contract, and so yes, I'm sure if Chicago got to that point they would want to trade him. Anywhere but Milwaukee or somewhere in the division. But I mean, look, Yanna said it Saturday night lost to Orlando. Quote, we have to take it up a notch. This is not who we are. This is not the Milwaukee Bucks. We gotta guard people. And I mean, I I didn't think they would slip defensively this much. I mean, obviously, Drew Holliday is a fantastic another one of the league's best on ball defenders. But with all the other defenders, they have so many defensive minded players there. I didn't think the Bucks would suffer this much post Drew. But I mean when Yanna says it like that, I mean you can't say it much louder. I mean, they gotta figure out the defense to get it to the point of being decent.
Speaker 3: And that's all to getting decent, that's all. Again, this is a team that was tops in defensive is fishing over the last few years, and so it's there is that the schemes. You know, there are a few new players, but you know, like this is it shouldn't be like this. It shouldn't be like this, So they have to figure it out. They got to figure it out.
Speaker 1: One more team, I think we should mention when we're talking about alarm bells ringing, and then we got to start talking about some of the good stuff because they're like, as we're doing this pod, Minnesota, just one at Golden State. I mean, so the Wolves have been just a tremendous story in this first ten game slice of the season. But you know, again attention grabbing quotes, Jannis does not have the quote of the weekend, not anymore. Not after tonight. New Orleans, after a four and one start, is now four and six. The Pels have a zillion injury concerns, as we seem to say every season. I mean I did their you know, I was on studio duty for their game against Houston. I mean no CJ. McCollum, no Herb Jones, no Trey Murphy, no Jose Alvarado. I know I'm leaving somebody out. I don't have my full list in front of me, but there was there were five major injuries for that game, even though they had Zion and Brandon Ingram back. But tonight at home, New Orleans loses one thirty six four to Dallas, and Zion Williamson made a statement that I promise you will be all over the place today Monday, after this pod drops quote. Last year, we had a team meeting and we brought up some things I can do better, especially with buying into the program right now. It's tough. I'm taking a little bit of a back seat right now. I'm trusting the process. I'm trying my best to buy in right now. So when one of your star players says something like that, again, that is going to be a topic that I suspect will be all over the place as this new NBA week begins, because yeah, New Orleans is, to put it mildly, going through it. But again, I don't want to just laser in on teams that are struggling, because there are some, I mean, there's some really interesting I don't know if we can use the term success stories because again we're basically ten games into the season, but I mean the Houston Rockets. The Houston Rockets have won six games in a row after an zero to three start. I watched it close with my own eyes Friday night as they came back on New Orleans for a rally and a good home win over the Pels. I mean, Dylan Brooks was in foul trouble that whole game, and then in the fourth quarter he gave both Brandon Ingram and Zion Williamson fits in that fourth quarter. I mean, Dylan Brooks, Fred van Vliet with two just dagger threes late in that one, and Ime Udoka. The impact that all of the newcomers, the new voices, the coach and the two vets are making it clearly seems to be having a great effect. And then Alpria and Shengoon has been a revelation offensively. You know he always last year was you know, he's Jokic light. I mean he in his own right, the guy has just become must see offensively, and you know, the Rockets have been really, really feisty ends. You know, six in a row. Man is that tied with Minnesota for the longest active win streak in the Western Conference at six wins in a row Philly, I Philly could be nine and oh they almost won opening night the game in Milwaukee that you were at. But eight in a row, Philly has the longest winning streak in the league period. And then Dallas, you know, the Mavericks have not played the toughest schedule on Earth, but again, these last two games, especially ringing up two hundred and eighty points. Luka Doncic and kay Re Irving. They are clicking. They are hushing the naysayers as a duo with the way they're playing off each other. For all the skepticism after the way this season started, with the long trip abroad and coming back with both Luca and Kyrie carrying injuries, I didn't expect an eight and two start, no matter who they were playing. And it's the second best start now in franchise history. And they're cautiously optimistic that they're onto something. I know, I don't know. We got to get some Texas games on your schedule, mister haynes See. I mean, you're gonna have to come to The Spurs are only three and seven, but they got Victor Wemanyama, so the Spurs or must see win or lose. And then you got Dallas and Houston doing some some newsy stuff. We need to get you here.
Speaker 3: I'm in Dallas exactly a month from exactly a month from today. They're December twelfth, it would be that will be the Lakers at the Mavericks.
Speaker 1: I'm putting it in my calendar.
Speaker 3: And as luck would have it, you'd probably be on the road somewhere. I know how you are. No, no, no, no, no Lakers Mariage.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not missing that, especially if you're coming here Lake show in town. No chance I missed Tuesday night. Get to watch you walk around in one of your fancy I'm sure you'll have a new suit for that one.
Speaker 3: I will. I will. You're you're accurate, I will. I love Dallas. I love Dallas. I don't get there too often, so yeah, I love Dallas.
Speaker 1: What do you love about it?
Speaker 3: What do you love about the prices? That's what I love the prices. Yes, I've tried to get my wife to move to move to Texas for the logos. Man.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's one city. Big is one city big enough for the both of us.
Speaker 3: We can have this time. We'll make do. We'll make do, man, I know we do.
Speaker 1: If we were, if we were in the same city, would we like would we meet in the same have to do pods like face to face? Yet it would make it easy.
Speaker 3: For sure, for sure, stein would be I mean, your wife, I know you, I know it's what I know you.
Speaker 1: I know I know you, I mean I know you. Guys, are you know you're in the Sacramento mansion. You haven't been there that long, but maybe you should put that up for sale. We won't tell anybody about the fire, alarm and move here.
Speaker 3: You're talking to the wrong person. I tried to when we were looking for a house. I tried to tell them, listen, baby, our dollar will go a long long way in Texas. She did not care. She wanted to stay in California. So we had to settle for a shock here in the Sacramento area. When I was a shock, we had to settle for it.
Speaker 1: So there's nothing nothing, It's nothing but gorgeous. Everything is fantastic over there except the fire.
Speaker 3: Well, there's a reason why you left California to be over there, and and you stayed there.
Speaker 1: Well, hey, it's the same reason I moved here, got married, and missus Stein says, we live here here you go, there you go.
Speaker 3: Like I told you. Some some people at my gym brought brought up my saying last episode, I told you, there you go. Stein. You're you're you're proving my point. Marriage is like soccer or football. If you would have called that, you're mostly taking al's and ties. That's what you're mostly taking al's and ties. Man like, if you get a win, cherished that win. But it's it's pretty much l's and ties.
Speaker 1: So at the gym you heard about that.
Speaker 3: People actually they brought that up. Yeah, yeah, they do that. You know, I thought a.
Speaker 1: Little little did they little did they know that on this show besides NBA breakdowns, they were going to get marriage.
Speaker 3: We do a little bit of it all, you know, Stein, stephen A. I don't know if you've been watching stephen A's content over on his podcast, Stein, I don't know if you, but you know he ventures out.
Speaker 1: I've heard, I've heard, I've heard, Well, he come on our podcast. Why can't he come on our podcast?
Speaker 3: I don't see why he could. Why we should?
Speaker 1: I mean we'll offer I mean, maybe he will offer him the same trade we offered Draymond Green. And that was the other thing Friday, because I couldn't go to the Clipper game, I was gonna I was gonna face to face offer Paul George the same trade that we offered Draymond Green. Come on our podcast and then we'll come on your podcasts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe that trade, maybe that trade offer is not as appealing as I think heide.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know if that's appealing. I think I think he'll be more in line with give doing us a favor. I don't know if we could do him a favor at this point. But Stein, but say say he say he because you know Stein again, he's he's touching on he touches. He touches on a lot on his podcast. What if he says Stein, he will come on our podcast. But we can't talk sports. We gotta talk current matters of the world. Are you willing to go down that road? Stan? Yeah? All right, Steve stephen A He was asked a question. I believe it was his last episode, his question question.
Speaker 1: I heard what it was, you want to go down that road?
Speaker 3: Start? What I'm saying is if we bring my brother stephen A. Smith. Oh. What I'm saying is we gotta be prepared to go down that road. So it's not a matter if I prepare. Are you prepared? Stan?
Speaker 1: I've done I've done enough TV with him to know that I gotta be ready. That's fine. We got to reach out. We got to reach out to him again and see if we can get him done to make a visit to this humble little pause.
Speaker 3: So should we should we end?
Speaker 1: I do have some breaking news. I have answers to questions. And it's funny. I think producer Ryan just I think he wants to change the name of this pod to only Ties and Losses. He loves that. He loves that every time you bring this up. But but this is, this is not it's not breaking news in the strictest sense. It's it's not the kind of breaking news that's going to get NBA Twitter excited, but it is. It is legit. It is going to be a legit disclosure that I'm excited to share with you. Uh important, sorry, sorry, let me let me, let me get it here. It's important information. I finally, and I want to profusely thank our friend Kletus Lewis from the Detroit Pistons, who who did the legwork here, because if you remember, Sar Thompson and the Detroit Pistons came to Dallas in the exhibition season, and I promised you and Ryan that I was going to track him down and ask him directly. Mister thoms young, mister Thompson, do you and your brother Aman Thompson, do you guys, are you guys aware of the nineteen eighties brit pop band the Thompson Twins. Are you familiar with their work? Do you know anything about him? Have you at least heard of them? Because an old man like me, who was a child of the eighties, if I hear Thompson Twins, I mean you think of that group. Maybe you don't because you know you're I don't know what ten fifteen years younger than me. I can't somewhere between ten and fifteen years younger. But if you were, if you were in your fifties and you heard Thompson Twins, I promise you that you would you would say, yeah, you know, I remember that. I remember that group. And both you and Ryan doubted that young Asar, Tom and his brother were aware of the Thompson Twins from the eighties, and I have since now confirmed with mister Lewis from the Pistons, Yes, the Thompson Twins are aware of the Thompson Twins. And Asar told Cletus yes, at one point in the not too distant past, he was doing some googling on his brother and himself and learned all about learned all about the the nineteen eighties Thompson twins, so we can put that mystery aside, and yeah, we now have the answer that you and Ryan were so desperate for. Just a few weeks ago.
Speaker 3: Producer Ryan just said that it is indeed a shocking upset. It is, but Producer Ryan, we should have known. We're in the Internet days, we should know. I would have thought that maybe his parents knew about it, and they as their sons were climbing up the basketball rankings as prep stars, that you know, they would think about, Oh, Thompson twins, Tompson twel oh, we remember. I thought the parents might have put him up on game. But of course the Internet did it. The Internet gave it away. So I should have thought, you know, maybe maybe that's my best.
Speaker 1: Because it's just like I It's just like I said, if there was a world famous Chris Haynes from before you were born, you would probably have come across it somehow, some way. If there was a world famous Ryan Music before producer Ryan was born, he would have known. He would have known about that story. And so I'm that's why I was sure. I was certain that this was gonna be the response, and frankly, I wanted to shout out of sar Thompson anyway, because he's really been playing well here in his rookie season in Detroit. Right, the Pistons struggling, but sixteen more rebounds for Thompson tonight in a loss to Chicago, blocking two shots of game, double digit rebounder playing nearly thirty two minutes a game as a rookie, really off to a promising start with the Pistons.
Speaker 3: Well, let me tell you this guy. I think I've talked about it before, but I still get hate tweets and hate dms from people thinking I'm Chris Hayes, Chris Hayes, the political commentary, even though our tone and our skin is totally different, totally different, you know, heyes, you know his his last time is Hayes. No end, I'm Hayes. But they still come at me. I'm like, hold on, and I would understand that if my Twitter picture didn't actually have a photo. There's my big black face in that photo right there, you clear as day. And if that didn't give it away, with my face and complexion did give it away, there's a bio right there that says NBA insider, t n T Sideline reporter. So I don't know people you know, people do want to do the bare minimum. They look for whoever name looks similar to the person that they hate at that time, and they'll send you like I get Steinn. I'm telling you, man, I get some of the most hateful. Like I'm I'm like, i almost feel bad for Chris Hayes because I'm catching the strays that he will ordinarily get. Now you have to wonder, like, god, man, like what is he really getting in this DMS or in his mention? So, Chris Hayes, you're hey, budd, you know I feel for you because I see what you're getting on a limited basis.
Speaker 1: But remember last year, didn't he tweet some NBA stuff at you and you guys were you guys said like somehow you had to do. You guys were gonna do a pod together so it could be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said that whatever he watches a game that I'm reporting on, they'll say, okay, now we're going to Chris Haynes on the court, and he saying just like an anxiety attack because he's like, hold on, they going to me. I'm at home, Like what so I get I definitely get that. I've heard that a few times, but uh, yeah, so I've never I've never met him. Seems to be a cool guy. You know, politics is that's a different beast over there. Different beasts.
Speaker 1: So Tuesday night, who you work with? Who will be who will be throwing it to Chris Haynes on Tuesday night?
Speaker 3: Tuesday Night, it will be let me see that is Clippers Denver. It will be Oh, Kevin Harlem, Reggie Miller, myself, nice.
Speaker 1: All right man, Clippers Denver, the Denver Nuggets defending champion Denver Nuggets. Can the Clippers really get their first win of the James Harden era against Nicola Jokicchenko?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 1: Is that feasible? Is that possible? The good new news is the next time Chris Haynes and I get together for a podcast, we will have that answer and presumably lots more discussion about the clips, about those defending champs, about all manner of NBA storylines and developments. Please remember, if you haven't already rate review, subscribe to This League Uncut wherever you get your podcasts, whether that's Apple, Spotify, any other provider. Thanks for being with us, and don't worry, Chris and I will be back very soon with the next episode.
Speaker 2: This League uncut, and that'll do it for us. See you next time This League Uncut is and iHeartRadio production Chris Haynes and Mark Stein, I di