Speaker 1: The volume. What's up, everybody, Welcome back to the Draymond Green Show with My Dog VD.
Speaker 2: What was hattening? Brother? What's something like? Yeah, what's happening?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: Welcome back, Welcome.
Speaker 1: Back, appreciate you my brother. Good All Star week How you feeling? How you feeling? It was great man, All Star Weekend and the Bay was everything.
Speaker 2: It was lit great Off Star weekend.
Speaker 1: I think it showed people with the Bay is capable of got away for a few days with the fan god been like to actually feeling great bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, it was good to be back All Star Weekend. It was cool.
Speaker 3: Glad that I was able to host a dunk contest that was fun, you know, celebrity game.
Speaker 2: Uh damn, y'all.
Speaker 3: I should have won the skills challenge. We should have ben I blew man, I blew it. We could have had a clean sweep. I thought Buddy was going to three point shootout. You know, he came out hot. But shout out to Tyler Herro, shout out to all the people won.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: There was a lot of controversy, you know, in the media of All Star Weekend, but for overall, you know, the Bay had a vibe.
Speaker 2: You know, all the Jeeves came out run TMC.
Speaker 3: You know, even though we believe Boys was out, So you know, it was definitely a vibe.
Speaker 2: And shout out to the Bay Area for putting out great weekend.
Speaker 1: Everybody's just out having a good time, great time like old time.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That was that was the thing of beauty. I feel really bad for Moses Moody man. Moses put on for us. I costed Moses skills awful skills up, bro, I feel awful. I practice switch you next time. The first got away from it because I had been going through it, boy, and I hadn't, like, you know, having practice stuff. I hadn't struggled with that pass. So you know, I'm just flowing through right, So I had never thought about, like, yo, I lost my coup. I got rattle.
Speaker 2: I do that first miss and I'm like, aha, I run back. I was rattled, you know.
Speaker 1: I run to the next door to shoot the child and knocked all the balls over. I was rattled at that point, Bro, I was just like, ah, I cos mos.
Speaker 3: Focus man. He was trying to go too fast, That's what happened. He was trying to be cool, and you thought Okay, I'm about to go through this like a breeze.
Speaker 1: Man, I got a rattle. I got so ride out of the eyes over. Oh wow, that was crazy, but that was fun. I definitely thought Buddy was going to uh take the three point contests. Yeah, but like you said, shout out to Tyner Hero.
Speaker 2: That was dope.
Speaker 1: Yeah but yeah, man, So you know, I'm just moving on. Get back to the start of this season.
Speaker 3: I know the season season back in Man playoffs now is playoff fever. Y'all got the first winning for the Kigs. You guarantee the championship. Yeah, it was a nice blowout. Everybody came out, you know, you play well, State, Steph came out bullying, you know, Moses, Buddy shooting the ball.
Speaker 2: Well. You know, how did they feel.
Speaker 3: To pick up where y'all left off heading into an All Star weekend?
Speaker 1: It was great because I think, you know, with the exception of that Dallas game, we have been playing really well last four or five games, and you know, uh, with the exception of that Dollars game, everything was good. And you know, going into the All Star break, to go get that win a Houston was big. And then to come out of All star breaking role like that. Again, it's a Kings team who you know, we've had our back and forth over the last few years, and just to go in there and get that win like that with everybody playing well, complete team win.
Speaker 2: How you feel about that? Guarantee you on that.
Speaker 1: I believe that we got the pieces to do it. And like I said, I know what that look and feel like you know what I'm saying. So it's a lot of people like, oh man, how he gonna say that that ain't done it?
Speaker 2: What d they say? How you gonna talk about how to do it? They never did it?
Speaker 1: Like you got all these people out here talking about what I said, how I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 2: But you did it before and over over and over and over, and I know where to look and feel like I have one thousand percent wholeheartedly stand all ten toes down on everything I said.
Speaker 1: We winning that, and I look forward to all the people that running duck and high and then not even acknowledge that.
Speaker 2: Yo, this man said this one.
Speaker 1: They were the thing about me BD is I talked shit when we down twenty. I don't really necessarily talk when we're up twenty. I talk when we're down twenty now unless you've been like barking. Of course, I'm talking when we're up twenty, but I talk when we down twenty, right, That's what I like to talk.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. So when you're the underdog, we're twenty eight and twenty seven. I said what I said.
Speaker 1: I ain't saying you know, when when when everybody else get the clear picture? I said that when we was twenty eight and twenty seven, and I meant it, and I stand on it, And so I'm looking forward to letting that play out. HOLLI may, but I'm excited as hell about this team.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I'm excited too, because you know, in our little group chats with the hummies, I keep telling them, y'all got a different identity.
Speaker 2: And you know, even in the King's.
Speaker 3: Game, you can see just the way Steph, the way Steph playing is different, the way Jimmy playing is that everybody is taking the game to another level. And you look at Pie, you look at Moses, you look at Buddy, look at all these dudes. Now now they can be comfortable in they skin right, and they don't have to do more than what they have been asked all year.
Speaker 2: Now they can get back to being, you know, super dynamic.
Speaker 3: I even saw a video where Jimmy is drawing up a player and he's describing something to you and Pod. You know, like what was y'all cooking up? But just to see that chemistry, like walk me through that moment, man, you.
Speaker 2: Know, those moments are great.
Speaker 1: I told y'all, Jimmy is an over communicator, you know what I'm saying, Like he Jimmy gonna come to you before something ever happened, like if this happened, we're gonna do this, and I'll be honest with you. I see how people can get tired of Jimmy because if you're not a basketball here, like if you don't love this shit and you over communicate like Jimmy, not every tea, I mean not every iron cross, every tea, losers will get frustrated with that.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like if you.
Speaker 1: Don't, if you don't love, eat, breathe this shit and more importantly winning, you can get frustrated with that.
Speaker 2: So I can see in two weeks to three.
Speaker 1: Weeks, whatever it's been, how someone can get frustrated with Jimmy. Yep, because most people aren't winners. And so the things that he's doing, like when I tell you to me, it's music to my ears to talk basketball with somebody that know the basketball game like Jimmy, and listen and learn, you know, from somebody who know the game like Jimmy, it's music to my ears.
Speaker 2: Him over communicating the way he does.
Speaker 1: But like I said, for somebody who got one foot in, one foot out that don't really love it, because let's face it, that's seventy percent of the league like that don't really love it, don't really care whether they win or they lose.
Speaker 2: I can see how you get shell shocked and be afraid of that.
Speaker 1: In that moment, Jimmy is drawing up showing to display like because obviously with our team, a lot of denials, you know what I'm saying, there's a lot of traps trying to take stuff out the game, and all these things. He was showing us a different way to run a set, to open up some like, to get him in a certain position that's going.
Speaker 2: To open it up.
Speaker 1: He like, So if they take it away this way, if you just come out this side and do that, that's gonna put this guy here.
Speaker 2: And I got him sealed. You know what I'm saying, It's just different.
Speaker 1: Stuff like that that Jimmy, Man, he dialed in on it, and like he's such a crazy target.
Speaker 2: I threw a terrible pass high as hell yesterday.
Speaker 1: Goes back like this to get it, body going opposit away, he goes body going this way.
Speaker 2: He go back.
Speaker 1: I'll go back this way, get the ball, comes down with a full strat turn around Jay over tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Like he just such an incredible target. Man.
Speaker 1: But no, Jimmy is he a leader and he knows his stuff.
Speaker 2: Man, so he teaching and everybody know he knows stuff, you know what I'm saying. So, like I said, this isn't a situation.
Speaker 1: Where he gotta come come somewhere, earn respect, to earn a voice. Like no, No, we all know who Jimmy Butler is.
Speaker 2: And so you walk in, you walk through that door. I respect it given.
Speaker 1: And he coaching guys up and he teaches, and I'm enjoying learning from him, you know what I'm saying, Just different things and how he see the game.
Speaker 2: And because it can only help me be better, you know what I'm saying. Obviously it's helping our team be better.
Speaker 1: Before we die more into this episode. Wanted to let y'all know what me and my dog covering the MBD got a couple of questions about Oscar big Old.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, for sure, I do. I know everybody wants to talk about what the superstars.
Speaker 1: Into the potential one on one contest weekend and doesn't matter who the next face of the league is. It does matter, but we'll get into that. But before we do, don't forget the script. Subscribe to make sure you catch all the episodes. Don't miss nothing.
Speaker 3: Also, I will tell y'all who I think my five most dangerous teams to watch for the rest of the season, all of the show on all social media platforms at Draymond's Show, so you don't miss none of these great announcements. Now let's get into it. Well out of Draymond said so much. You know, who cares what Draymond says? It doesn't mean anything. You know, people, this is what I mean. You know, I mean if one guy can say this, and one guy can say that the game is the game is what it is. People either like the game or they don't. And I think people enjoy the game, especially if their team can win. And you look at the basketball, it might be boring him because if he's not past the ball of carrier, what is he doing?
Speaker 2: You're great.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not to single that out because I think he knows how to play basketball, but he's passed his ball to carry more than anyone ever ever seen than basketball, and so it means a lot. So you know, it might be boring to him at times because what he's doing, maybe it is born. When he's out there, you're not getting, you're not shooting, you're not shooting a lot, and he's not guarding a lot, so it's boring.
Speaker 2: I thought those comments were very interested.
Speaker 1: The Big Old is eighty six years old. So if you think I'm going to come on here and disrespect because there was disrespect.
Speaker 2: On that ain't how I roll. Now.
Speaker 1: I'm never going to disrespect one of the pioneers of the game because he shared that opinion. Because, quite frankly, being great at something when it's skill involved doesn't necessarily mean the knowledge matches the greatness of that skill. And I think in basketball that's oftentimes misconstrued, where you see a guy with great skill and you're like, yo, that guy got great skill in turn. You give that guy respect because of the skill, but the knowledge ain't really there, and so that happens all the.
Speaker 2: Time in what we do that's not here nor there. What I do know is I know this game is good as.
Speaker 1: Most I know this game through and through and feel like I can sit at the table with anyone and talk this game. So I know I'm stellar in that department. So I have no problems there. It was when speaking of a big O though, because I'm gonna really speak about the big O. As I said the eighty six years old. If you think disrespect is coming, no chance. We want to enjoy our last year as we got with our pioneers. The time we do have left with them, We're gonna enjoy that. So you know, I'm gonna enjoy these last years and what He's done for this game. When you talk about player free agency, man moves the Goal Fouler lawsuit that ran over the course of four to five years that he won. That is one of the main reasons players salaries went up, So I thank you.
Speaker 2: That is one of the main reasons can move around.
Speaker 1: The free agency. I have not moved around in free agency. I haven't taken advantage of that. But I thank you because that is something that has helped this league, my counterparts, myself, so we thank you. You know, when we start talking about knowing the game and how you think the game, I'm not sure what idiot wouldn't want to pass Steph Curry the ball when he's the greatest shooter.
Speaker 2: Of all times.
Speaker 1: I don't really take that personal. Certain games, I'm gonna look form even more than your accustomed to me looking formed, because why wouldn't I It opens up things for everyone else. Steph Curry is obviously Steph Curry. He's really him, you know what I'm saying, And so quite honestly, big old I get a lot of pleasure out of passing the ball.
Speaker 2: I actually find a rhythm through passing. I enjoy that.
Speaker 1: Always been that way my whole life, even at the time of my life when I was predominantly a scorer, because you know, we all was that at some point in our careers.
Speaker 2: So I always been the past first guy. Just how I played the game.
Speaker 1: For a guy that averaged eleven assists, you were also passing the ball. You cannot quite average eleven assists and not pass the ball. In the year that Big Old one championship when he was starting to age. You were passing the ball to Korea. I'm doing jabbar himself. Not quite sure where that did come from. I was also extremely surprised bed because during the skills challenge that I blew, I saw him on the sideline and I got up on my seat.
Speaker 2: I went and say hello, and he's like, man, you still they're doing it? Keep on going. Love watching you play, man, I just love watching you play. You keep going. And so to hear him say that, and then the next morning he completely flip and go opposite. I was a little surprised by it, I must say, because it wasn't quite that same energy when I saw him. By the way, if he told me right in my face, like hey, we don't care what you say. You you just passed Steph Curry, I'll be like, all right, big respect, that's your opinion. Quite honestly, at eighty six, I'm pretty.
Speaker 1: Sure Big O and watching many our games, Bigga go sound asleep by the time we play at night, Like.
Speaker 2: He sound asleep, Bro, you gotta stop. There's a zero percent, ya, Big Old. Don't we love me, Big No, we love know for sure. In there.
Speaker 3: It was a hot take, and you've got to think about it sometimes you gotta think about it, like, you know, we.
Speaker 2: All in church here what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: We see people in church, right, you know you're going to act a certain way when you get out of church.
Speaker 2: That's where you go get hot, you know. And it was just a hot take, man, it was a very hot take. He said, I ain't guard nobody. That's how I know Big O ain't watching the game. He said, I ain't guard nobody.
Speaker 1: Bigg O can't be watching the game. Lastly, BD, check this out.
Speaker 2: Big O is a corner stone.
Speaker 1: Is a one time NBA Champion, one time NBA Most Valuable Player, twelve time NBA All Star, and if I'm not mistaken, I think he played twelve seasons, three time All Star m v P, nine time First Team NBA, two times second team NBA Rookie of the Year, six time Assistant Leader.
Speaker 2: Come on, that's the same. That's the saor Dicon. Listen, that's the yes he is.
Speaker 1: And he got the respect from me, which is out why I ain't crushing him. How I will crush somebody else. I ain't gonna crush big Oh. He got the I got my respect. Nonetheless, I ain't trying to make myself out to be bigger, old, none of that.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna tell you last thing I'm gonna say about big O b D.
Speaker 1: He got upset at me if he actually read my comments. It was talking about the game is boring, and it was talking about the game is boring because I actually said that. We played the Lakers maybe a week or two ago, and when we played there, it was a chess match with Brin, Like every play you're trying to figure something else out. And that's how the game used to be when I came in, and I love that. But now there's no vets in the NBA no more. They got rid of all the vets, so you don't play those chess matches no more. The reality is sometimes it's just who can hit the most shots at a certain time.
Speaker 2: We lost to Utah.
Speaker 1: We lost the Utah couple a week or two, a week before break or whatever it was.
Speaker 2: We were sixteen point. They scored twenty points. Look, Utah is the worst.
Speaker 1: Team in the league, I think by record, If not by record, they're close to it by record, right, Like, they scored twenty points in three minutes and we didn't play bad defense. They scored. Tweet that is the new NBA. Our commissioner. Everybody get mad at me, like I said something crazy. Our commissitioner two months ago just was talking about correcting the three point problem, right like I'm working on correcting the three point issue. Our commissioner said that to me, that was along those same lines, because that's a law on what I was saying, right like, you don't get to think in the game anymore.
Speaker 2: So I was really surprised.
Speaker 1: And how I know Big o'b sleep watching the game, don't not watching the games, because he also just heard somebody say Draymond said the games moore and didn't have any context, because if he had context, I'm more so actually applauding the way that it used to be some actually applauding him in his error more is anything. And so you know, I just tell Big go make sure or whoever you know keeping him up to date on his things is actually keep giving him context because you know, big old Big on eighty six, man, we love.
Speaker 4: Big one, who's scoring big in the NBA this season. You are all the new ways to get in on the action of DraftKings Arts Book, an official sports betting partner of the NBA Slams. Dishing the ball, cleaning the glass, get behind your favorite players. Prop bets you can make on DraftKings. It's fun the home of NBA player props. If you're ready to place your first bet, make it really simple. Pick how many points your favorite players going to score? Go to Draft Kings Sports Book. They have an app, download it make your pick. If you're a first timer, here's something special new Draft Kings customers. All you have to do is bet five bucks, get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets instantly. So take it to the rack with DraftKings sports Book, Every point Counts. Download their app takes ninety seconds. Use the code column cli n to get one hundred and fifty bones in bonus bets betting just five only on DraftKings.
Speaker 2: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 5: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler In New York call eight seven seven eight ope and Y, or text hope and Y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one and over. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario New customers only. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Wins four additional terms and responsible gaming resources see dkang dot co slash audio.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Another moment during the All Star weekend, Charles Barkley play your generation of basketball for messing up the All Star Game quote. I'm going to disagree with Draymond a lot. They messed the game up. His generation messed the game up. We're doing every type of trick to make the weekend excited.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts? So what check is talking about?
Speaker 1: I think doing every type of trick is the problem, which was my point that we're doing every trick. But this is about a basketball game, and basketball game is simply what a basketball game because we play at thirty two, it's basketball on a three hour telecast. But it was supposed to be a basketball game. And so my world is, actually, let's just play a basketball game. Let's make this East versus West and maybe make that mean something. You know what I'm saying like, hey, can we get back to that, then you make that mean something, right, But I also think like the basketball is so much more nuanced today than it was twenty years ago. That is, with anything that develops over the course of twenty years, right, there's going to be more nuanced because you just learn more, right, Like coaches get smarter, players get trickier, defensive adjustments get like all that stuff.
Speaker 2: It grows.
Speaker 1: And so in saying that, people want to see an incredible basketball game, but there's no real practice to practice for the fans. You should have, of course, shots, you should lay ups. You have to put guys in position to approach this like they approach real games. In turn, you may have to extend the All Star break because you can't punish those guys for being All Stars and they don't get a break. But at the same time, you probably need a couple days in real practice. If you want a real game, you need guys getting ready for the game like they get ready to prepare for a real game, shooting times, all of this. You don't get all of that stuff before an All Star game. You take pictures, you know what I'm saying. So it's you do start lineups it's all a show. But then you want premier operating systems, that is players, You want premier operating systems operating at their highest capability, and you just booted up the processor, don't.
Speaker 2: I don't even think it's that, Mike. You just want people to play defense.
Speaker 3: Everybody saying uh, they saying all kind of shit. All it is is a commitment to playing some type of defense and to stop a basket like where. But it's also if everybody is an offensive player, right it's in the All Star Game, then you're not gonna have a real game because everybody it's a showcase.
Speaker 2: They just gonna dunk, you know what I mean. And they're gonna dunk.
Speaker 3: There's gonna be threes, it's gonna be half course shots, and nobody's gonna play defense. When are you gonna reward the defensive guys, the guys who hold down the fort because they gonna come into the All Star Game playing defense if they play. If people play a little bit of defense, then you can't help but get competitive if you're playing defense.
Speaker 1: I agree with that, but I also think that is also part of preparation, Like what is the preparation for the game, Like if I haven't prepared for a game, guess what I'm gonna do. Bed, I'm gonna take a few shots. Like guys, like you're gonna take some shots, you go, but you ain't about to sit down and move and like you ain't doing all of that. But offense is it's up to you, right, Like you're dictating where you're trying to get where you're trying to go.
Speaker 2: That's a different thing. Yeah, but it's like they don't you just gotta take it personal? Right? What's to take personal? Steph versus Kyrie? That ain't personal enough for you?
Speaker 3: Like I'm not just gonna let Steph shoot a three on me, or if I'm Kyrie, just let uh or if I'm Steph, let's Kyrie just shoot a three. I want to see it, like if they take a little bit of challenge, like you know what, you're not scoring on me, whether it's Joker or Winby, Like, yo, I'm not I'm not letting him score on me.
Speaker 2: That's the personal in the instagram. Brother, Don't nobody want to get it.
Speaker 1: Nobody want to get embarrassed during the instagram.
Speaker 2: You know what, it ain't gonna be no one on one. I agree, it ain't gonna be no one on one man. It's the best players in the world. Nobody can guard nobody.
Speaker 3: But at the same time, in the All Star Game, like if Kobe, if Kobe, go me right, I'm trying to go at Kobe.
Speaker 2: He not trying to let me get off.
Speaker 1: All the casuals on Instagram that's sitting sit behind their computers and talk jump about people that's talking about, oh we want to see a great game. Well, your nasty habits on Instagram has ruined it because no one wants to get embarrassed.
Speaker 2: So for everybody go out there and be cool and yeah, it is what it is. It's just a defense. I think it's just a defensive challenge.
Speaker 3: Since guaranteeing the chip, the comments in the media have y'all viewed as underdogs. You've been an underdog, You've been the lead dog within the four championships.
Speaker 2: Which one is better for you? Underdog?
Speaker 1: Everybody calling you out, that's always better. I've been an underdog my whole life, Like that was my story coming up. When you win as an underdog with people telling you you can, you know when everybody jump on the bandwagon, Oh they gonna win it's like yeah, like get out out of here, like hey, band wagoners. But when you ain't got nobody on the bandwagon that you go win Allow twenty fifteen, Allow twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: When you go do that them the phone ones, this is.
Speaker 1: When you're like, oh, man, like wow, like shut out, Like that's underdog for sure.
Speaker 2: Any day.
Speaker 3: Talk about the importance of starting the second half of the season, Well, you know, the Warriors twenty six games left, currently in ninth in the West. The next four games you have the Mavericks at home, Hornets at home, Magic away, six Ers away. Talk to the fans about how important it is to get off to a good second back end of a All Star game.
Speaker 2: I think it's very important, especially in the place that we're in.
Speaker 1: You know, we let some games get away early that we talked about that we shouldn't have.
Speaker 2: But we are where we.
Speaker 1: Are, and so for us, it's important to get off to a good start because.
Speaker 2: Every game count. We in playoff mode. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: We gotta we gotta approach these next twenty six like the playoffs. We want to give ourselves the best position is possible when it comes from seeding and to my knowledge from what I've heard, I think we're only maybe three games out of six or something like that. I don't know that to be certain. But because I don't, I don't follow the status. I just the way I approached it. Win every game you can and check at the end, like I think, you know, if we win every game that we can and check out the end, I think that'll leave us in a pretty good position.
Speaker 2: And so that's kind of how I approach it.
Speaker 1: But it's important to get off to a good start because you got to build on that.
Speaker 2: And you know, you you it's you're.
Speaker 1: You're establishing now you know, the season going waves as you know, and now you're establishing life. And this is the team we need to be in order to reach our art to the goal right and you feel more of a you know, you feel more of a sense of urgency those last twenty six games because you can see that light at the end of the tunnel. Man, I don't think people understand BD how I feel. You look up and they say game eleven of eighty two, like you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. You can't even see the All Star break at the at the end of the tunnel. And so you know, twenty six games, you pass the All Star break, you rejuvenated. Now you come back and you're like, all right, we can see that light at the end of the tunnel. We know what we're playing and working for. And I think, you know, that's why it's important for us, you know, to get off to a great start to these next four Yeah, you know it's going to be going on the road trip. I think it's also a good road trip for us. Like it'll be a tough road trip for sure, but I think it's some some winnable games that we can go take and we need to make sure we're taking care of our business and going to do that.
Speaker 2: I like the taking one game at a.
Speaker 1: Time, absolutely, right, Absolutely, you can't look past nobody in the NBA, especially these days where everybody's scoring. I told you top gave us twenty points, put up twenty points in third in three minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah you got. You gotta grab a couple of makeup games too, that you get that got away from you. So you gotta make sure you win the.
Speaker 3: Ones you supposed to win, and then you gotta grab the one you gotta grab the games that you're not supposed to win.
Speaker 2: Absolutely move around the league a little bit.
Speaker 1: The biggest news coming out of All Star Break around the league is Victor Winbyama will be out for the rest of the season due to deep vein from bosis.
Speaker 2: In his right shoulder.
Speaker 1: That is blood claudie, some form of blood claudia in his right shoulder number one. Whoever was the trainer that figured that out to even send that for testa my hat kudos because that's serious.
Speaker 2: You're talking about blood claudes and that's life threatening.
Speaker 1: You know other players that's going through this, Chris Bosh this end the Chris Boss career at thirty two. Sark Thompson h this end of this rookie season early. He just got back maybe a month and a half two months ago from and also some form of it. LaMarcus Aldridge dealt with towards the end of his career which kind of shut LA down as well. I don't know if it was this exact thing, but I know some for some form of blood clotting that slowed LA down and ultimately forced him into retirement as well. And so really sending sending my love and well wishes to Vic, because that is something that like he has to be aware of that for the rest of his career. Like you know, we all hope and believe and think that he's going to make a full recovery. But in making a full recovery, that's blood clotting. That's what then you know, you can't he can't necessarily get on blood thinners because then it make you bruise easily and it doesn't allow you to heal properly as far as basketball goes. And so it's a tough, tricky thing, man, and it's something that he could possibly deal with even once getting passing.
Speaker 2: And so just sending our love and well wished uh to Vic and dealing with this big prayers, Big prayers.
Speaker 1: Sounds like there's a lot of interests, uh from players like Kyrie James Gianni's Dang.
Speaker 2: KD kind of down played it, but KD love playing ones. KD played ones every day anyway. Uh.
Speaker 1: As far as the one on one tournament during the NBA All Star weekend next year, it would be unrifled in one.
Speaker 2: This year the FISA Collier won that one. Uh.
Speaker 1: Do you think you ultimately get the best players to participate.
Speaker 2: In the one on one game. I think they would do it.
Speaker 3: I think Giannis would win though, yeah, yeah, I think Giannis will win.
Speaker 2: Whoever can play defense, is it a triple limit? You can't. You can't have a million triples with NBA players.
Speaker 3: Now you can have five, you can you can do three dribbles, five dribbles. Like, none of those little guards can stop Yannis. But Gianna's got defense right, so he can pretty much affect They shot you should get like you should get a six second shot shot clock running down, Man, I.
Speaker 2: Tell you five.
Speaker 1: I was about to say six seconds. And on one on one it's a long time reguard.
Speaker 3: Somebody one on one NBA man, it should be catching all five four, three two one, it should be five seconds. It'd be dove to see, you know, Kyrie Hard and all these dudes go at each other where you know, incredible uh one on one players in the game itself to do that for Hassal weekend, I'd love to see something like that. Shout out to Unrival for doing it on the feast of Colliers. She brought out the bag right then she played defense too. If you got some offense and defense and you're a big man.
Speaker 2: I like I like, Yeah, it's chances.
Speaker 1: I'm taking KD because KD can check anybody, and Kate can score better than I like KD too. I got yeah, I got the role. K uh Yeah, k can guard anybody. He shoot over everybody. Polo ben Terra Paulo can play, for sure. Polo can play. That's that's a fact. And he's from Seattle. They got the ones and James Harden. If he gets rolling, ain't nobody gonna be able to stop him.
Speaker 2: That's a fact. But you just said you got to play defense, right, But I said, if he gets ain't yard this year, Jeff veg Honey guard this year. Yeah yeah, he o he O.
Speaker 3: He's serious, He's serious, he focused, he got the Cliffers rolling. Chris Hayes reported that SGA will represent himself for all all court decisions. That means he's up for a three hundred million dollar contract this summer. Enjoins Joel Embiid as another player representing himself.
Speaker 2: I know what you think, what do you think about this move? Listen?
Speaker 1: I think I saw that this can save him twelve million dollars an age of fees.
Speaker 2: Listen, twelve million dollars, say there's a lot of money.
Speaker 1: I just would warn him be very careful of how much money you could be costing yourself, because there's things in the contract that great representation know. You know, great representation knows that you should have in your contract. Now, a lot of guys ain't never had great representation and they don't really know the capabilities and possibilities of a contract is what could be in there and what should be in there, And so I think a lot of people make the mistake alike, he gonna get to three forty five or whatever number is, He gonna get that anyway, so what doesn't matter, And the reality is it's the fine print. You know, there's a lot of things that goes into a contract that it's more than just the dollar amount that on that one receives. So and saying that, I think, you know, make sure that he's getting all that he can out of that contract. That's just not about what the end dollar amount is. She can do that and say twelve million dollars.
Speaker 2: He good, you get it.
Speaker 1: But you know, and I always say, I don't think Elon Musk is reading the legal on his deals that he do, right, you know what I'm saying, I don't think it's gotta get a good tad.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. I don't think uh, I don't foresee that.
Speaker 1: Uh Jack Dorsey read all illegal when he sold Twitter for forty four billion Elon Musk, I personally don't think that that's the case, and so uh me personally, I want to find great representation like those guys do that.
Speaker 2: GA represent themself.
Speaker 3: You know, you just gotta build the right council right, build the right counsel, build the right team, build the right advisors, have all your checks and balances, and just hire somebody who.
Speaker 2: Have strategic know how.
Speaker 3: Also on the hills of All Star Weekend, out of all the commotion and the media, was my man ant Man saying, I'm capable of being that guy, but I don't want to be that guy. Many I don't want to be the face of the league. He said, Winby should be the face of the league. What makes someone the face of the league?
Speaker 2: Man? What makes someone the face of the league? Number One, you.
Speaker 1: Got the game. You gotta have the game first and foremost. You can be as you can be, as clean cut as you want. A great The biggest steward of the game you want to be. If you don't got the game, the match, you cannot be the face of the NBA. You must be generational. You must have elite ability. That is number one. Number two, you must represent the league in a positive manner, a positive light when you look at the logo, that is what matters most. This is a multi billion dollar corporation and how you represent that logo on and off the basketball court matters.
Speaker 2: You cannot be the face of the.
Speaker 1: NBA if you don't win, because the NBA cannot market you in the biggest moments. If you don't win or have never been a winner, and so you must win. That must happen in order for you to be the face of the NBA. We've seen a numerous amount of guys start getting that hype and a little push and little market and push, and if they don't win, it goes to hell because we can't market you, we can't show you on the biggest stage. That does not work for being the face of the NBA and saying all of those things to hear it. Man say, I am capable of being that guy, but I don't want to be.
Speaker 2: I agree with him.
Speaker 1: He is capable of being that guy from basketball standpoint, talent standpoint, he.
Speaker 2: Got all of that to be that, though he.
Speaker 1: Has to go win, he has to continue to elevate his aim to another level, like take that next step, and he gotta be better with his interviews off the course stuff, how he presents himself, I think, and that's what he when he's.
Speaker 2: Saying I don't want to be that guy. Those things would show that.
Speaker 1: But regardless of all of that, I'm and man's what twenty three, twenty four, Uh, if you're going to be that right now is the time that you have to be build and that you can't start trying to be that at twenty seven, And so my thing would just be I hope he understands that the opportunity that's in front of him and know that it doesn't come back around like a shot out of here, and once that shot is gone, it don't come back around.
Speaker 2: So I hope it is.
Speaker 1: I hope that a man understands that, and it's not making a decision at twenty three that at twenty seven, twenty eight, twenty nine he's going to regret ye and saying that I saw what Mello said, and I also want you to try to understand something by no means is this any disrespect.
Speaker 2: Mello is the OG, that's my OG. Never would disrespect him.
Speaker 1: But I saw what Melo said publicly, so I'm going to say this publicly and then I'm gonna hit Mello and let him know I said this publicly because that is my OG. Melo was talking about man. He says some things along the lines of you don't get to pick which he's right. But I felt like Mello was going at a man a little bit. And when I look back at mello career, because I was a huge Mellow fan watching him while I was growing up, the way he scored the basketball, Mello had to clean some things up on his way through the league.
Speaker 2: Mello had a bad rap.
Speaker 1: Melos talked about this person publicly before when he said the NBA is the FBI, and he said David Stern called him into the office and start saying all these things.
Speaker 2: He was like, yo.
Speaker 1: So Mello has spoke about this publicly before, which is why I feel comfortable publicly saying this. Melo struggled a bit coming in early, was not on that right jectory to become the face of the league. Had the talent, but other things wasn't quite matching up right in order to become that face of league. So my thing the mellow would be and maybe he has because I know Melo real one, call at Man, guide him to these things, share your experiences with him, help him understand that you had that opportunity too, and maybe some of the things that you could have been doing cast you that opportunity. If it did, I don't know for certain that it did, but if it did, but I would just say call him guy him. And the reason I say that is because it ain't many of them guys that's like one of the.
Speaker 2: Ones, like you don't come around them often.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Melo is a steward, one of the OG's, pioneer of Team USA basketball and it becoming what has become at Man, it's kind of taken over those rings. Guide him and show him what that means. So I think that would be my only thing on it. At Man struggling a little been in different areas this year as a guy who struggled. I can't be a guy sit up here and throw darts about that. I know how hard it is, but I do think he's capable of being that guy from a talent standpoint, you know it is it does have to be something that you want because it requires you to do so much more than just play basketball.
Speaker 2: When you look at Lebro, when you look at KD when he won the championships, right when you go through the history of being a champion and being the man on the championship team, you ain't got no choice. Look at Jason Tatum Boston win it again. He's the face of the league.
Speaker 3: Right when Mellow was coming up little a little different, Melo had to fight to get a face to be one of the faces of the league because miss Kobe, it's Dunk and it's you know, it's all kind of legacy that precede him, you know, and so for ant Man, there's a lot of legacy that precede him. But Melo was trying to take them people out and mechelan to try to take them out, and by him saying I don't want to be that guy, Like to me, it's saying, well, what do you want to be? Like how far do you want to take it? What do you need to take it there? Because if you don't want to be that guy, then somebody else is going to come along on this sushi boat of incredibly talented kids and say, you know.
Speaker 2: What, I'll take it. I'll take it right, I'll take it, and I'll take my.
Speaker 3: Game to the next level of the next level until I win the championship. And I think that's what it's really about, when you got somebody like him and his talent.
Speaker 2: I agree with that. I definitely agree with that. It's touchy, man. Once you lose it, it's tough it. Don't boom arangue back to you, buddy.
Speaker 1: Before we get out of here. Man, I got five on it. Sorry, segment, I got five on it. This time, BD will pick five of the most dangerous teams during the final stretch of the NBA season. These are teams that he feels, if they catch fire, would be a real threat to win the NBA Championship.
Speaker 3: Who you got, bed, All right, I'm going to my standards list right now. I got Cleveland, I got Boston. Then when I come over to the Western Conference, I got Denver, I got the Clippers, and I have the Golden State Warriors at number five. Any of those teams get hot, and the West is gonna be problems.
Speaker 2: I agree in December.
Speaker 3: Hot right now, I'm taking Cleveland and Boston because their pace and their style of play in the Eastern Conference, I don't feel like any team can really keep up with their pace and their style right their ball movement, the way they shoot the three, the way they create one on one mismatches, the way they play for each other, the way four or five or six guys on the team can beat you. Cleveland and Boston or are to me the mirror images of each other. When I go to the West and I talk about Denver, I think Denver is starting to get back to championship pedigree. They have some fatigue, right they missed, you know, they missed the finals.
Speaker 2: They didn't have a great playoffs last year.
Speaker 3: Now with Russ, they got another force, they got another like source of energy, Jamal Murray coming back, Eric Gordon shooting the ball well like they have a chemistry, and I felt like if they are somewhere around four three or four where they can have some home court advantage in the first couple rounds, they're gonna be dangerous. The Los Angeles Clippers. The beard, the beard is all grown up. It's a full grown beard. It's a boufont Beard, the beard with the claw.
Speaker 2: You know, Norman Powell. You look at Zubac.
Speaker 3: The Clippers are playing defense and I think people underestimate them on the defensive end, and then offensively, you know with Kawhi, you know, with Zubac, the way he's playing, with Norman Pou And then my my X factor for the Clippers is Ben Simmons. Get Ben Simmons comfortable. Get Ben Simmons playing, you know, aggressive at a high frequency. Clippers are dangerous. And then number five, the Warriors. I just like what this new Warrior look like, this new Warrior energy. You know, this new Warrior team, everybody in their roles kaminga coming back. I just feel like you you now are where you were at the beginning of the year, but you're a much better team. You're much solid team, reliable down the stretch, getting free throws down the stretch. Steph Curry, Ernie from three or now Buddy Hell, you know, Moses Pod people filling in to they to their natural positions with a Jimmy Butler there and Draymond Green with Winby out with a d out. Jaymon Green is the front runner for Defensive Player of the Year.
Speaker 2: So that gotta happen.
Speaker 1: That's definitely gonna happen. Now, I need to put that together with with me going out and opened.
Speaker 2: It up here, open it up, let me try to put one up.
Speaker 3: I want to guarantee Draymond Green is gonna be the defensive player of the year.
Speaker 2: Let's put the rest of that together. Let's do it. Man. No, that's that's fire. I like those teams.
Speaker 1: I think, uh, you know, each one of those teams can definitely have a chance coming down the stretch.
Speaker 2: So we'll see y'all know my guarantee. That's a wrap.
Speaker 1: In this episode of The Draymond Green Show with My Dog the Legend, Baron Davis bed we out Love Peace.
Speaker 2: The volume
Speaker 1: H