Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This He's Talking Cowboys, stringing live from the Dallas Cowboys World Course.
Speaker 2: At the Star in Frisco Street.
Speaker 3: Six second testcot pisons, he paints touchdown and now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Nick Harris, John Moshoda and Kyle Yeomans go Dallas Cowboy.
Speaker 2: For the tenth time in twenty twenty three. It is a victory Monday.
Speaker 3: Here on Talking Cowboys, as the Dallas Cowboys have now tied things up atop the NFC East ten and three thanks to a thirty three thirteen beat down over those filthy Eagles on Sunday Night Football. Welcome into Talking Cowboys, everybody. I'm Kyle Yeomans with Nick Harris, Isaiah Stanback Chris Beam in the back. Of course, Talking Cowboys is always brought to you by Black Rifle Coffee Company. Gentlemen, it was a beat down of epic proportions at at and T.
Speaker 2: Stadium, fifteen straight home wins.
Speaker 3: It was the eighth time this year that the Dallas Cowboys have won a game by twenty points or more. They are only the fifth team in NFL history to do that.
Speaker 2: Pretty impressive.
Speaker 3: To see the way that this team took care of business on the field Sunday night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely phenomenal. It started from with the defense. The defensive effort was unreal. I mean, allowing six points from that Philadelphia offense throughout the entirety of the game, not allowing them to get in the end zone at least on the offense. That's It's something I couldn't have couldn't have really expected going in. I want to highlight this safety group, like right off the top, I think they were huge, and not only the final effort, but the start of this game. It was Donovan Wilson on the very first drive, ripping it loose and recovering the fumble. Then on the following drives it was jay Ron Curse. I think he had his best day in coverage throughout the season. And then on the offensive side of the ball, it was everybody getting involved, weapons all across. Jack Ferguson had a great day, Ceedee Lamb had a great day. It was just really good to see everybody get involved and from start to finish, Man, this team dominated and even when it kind of felt like Philadelphia had the door open a little bit. It always kind of felt like Dallas was going to close it really quick and twenty point win. I don't think any of us could have imagined that. Maybe Josh on Friday.
Speaker 5: Josh certainly got close. He got close to it, no doubt. I liked it, man, And you talk about the physicality. These guys definitely brought it. You talk about the Safety group. I know that's a group that I was pretty pretty adamant about and kind of on their head a little bit because they seemingly had turned into ghosts.
Speaker 6: But they weren't ghosts in this game.
Speaker 5: It was ghost of Christmas Pass because they showed up in a big way were physical. Gilmore, how about the game that he had. You know, you talk about somebody who's just been doing their job quietly, and all of a sudden he comes out and shows you how to properly respond to an emotionally heightened game. You know, you talk about aj Brown coming out there wolf and doing a bunch of talking, and instead of getting into it with AJ Brown in that regard, he just went out there and just made plays and it was awesome to see him kind of show back up in the limelight in terms of the plays that people are familiar with him making. I don't think he's had those plays to date United States in the forward facing to the general public on this team, but I think he reminded everybody last night just how dominant of a player he is. So it's awesome to see that power from the second, from the secondary, and then offensively, you know, it was good to see them get an effective ground game going.
Speaker 6: That's what I was excited to see.
Speaker 5: Dak took a little bit of a back seat in terms of his stats, but the stats on the on the ground went up against a solid outfit on their front line of the Philadelphia Eagles. So all in all, I loved it. They needed that, they needed that. They not only did they need the victory, they needed it in the manner in which they got it.
Speaker 3: It was one of those wins that it wasn't perfect, but it was.
Speaker 2: It was seamless at the same time. I know perfect and seamless are the same word to a certain extent.
Speaker 3: But Dallas in the first half was as good as Dallas has been all year long, twenty four to six at the halftime break. They scored on every drive offensively, they forced the turnovers from a defensive standpoint and limited the Philadelphia offense.
Speaker 2: Though they did move the ball significantly.
Speaker 3: Philly moved the ball in the first half, but they couldn't finish a drive, they couldn't finish it out, and they had to.
Speaker 2: Settle on two field goals.
Speaker 6: That was it.
Speaker 3: Then in the second half the defense locked down even further. Unfortunately that the Cowboys offense didn't necessarily take off the way that it probably could have. They had to then start settling for field goal and their drives started to stall out. But with the way that they took care of business in the first half, it was enough to get the job done. And there was only one moment in that second half where you said, Okay, this is maybe Philly's window of opportunity, and it was the fumble recovery that was returned for a touchdown by Jordan Davis. After that moment, it was like, Okay, if Philly gets a stop, then they're right back in it.
Speaker 6: But they didn't.
Speaker 3: Dallas went down, kicked the field goal, pushed it back to fourteen, and then after that it was over. So I love the way that they responded from every punch. Philly threw and they didn't throw a ton of them last night, but the way that they responded as a whole. This was a team that in the past we've criticized for not being the bullies, for not setting the tone and instead of backing down from the other bully or backing down from another team that has a bully like record like the Philadelphia Eagles do. They threw the first punches, They were the more physical team all four quarters.
Speaker 2: They set the.
Speaker 3: Tone and they kept that thing rolling all the way through. It was a phenomenal win. And I know Cowboys fans are excited about it. I think I'm I mean, I'm excited about it.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: There's still a long way to go. There's an entire month of football, important football still to be played, but it was an exciting win. We got a text from the eight one to seven here. Uh. He says that his son and this is very fitting because his son's name is Cruise, and I feel like the Cowboys cruised to a victory last night in the way that they won that game. Said He's obsessed with the Cowboys and listens to every podcast and always looks forward to the victory. Monday chant here from talking Cowboys. So it's his birthday today, so it was a birthday victory to.
Speaker 2: Give him a quick shut out.
Speaker 3: Now, Offense, Defense, Special Teams. We've talked about complimentary football a lot. Which one impressed you the most.
Speaker 2: In the way that they got the job done.
Speaker 8: Last, it would have to be a defense.
Speaker 2: A defense, wait what do you look?
Speaker 6: Look?
Speaker 8: Look? Special Teams was phenomenal.
Speaker 4: I and Brandon Aubrey man Gosh, I can't say enough about the guy and talking to him after the game, he had had a quote where he said, my wildest dreams have come true. Like it's when three years ago when he was spending every off moment that he had as a software engineer kicking at random high school fields just to prepare for these type of moments.
Speaker 8: It's definitely paying off for him. And it's so good to.
Speaker 4: See a guy who's truly humble and a guy who's a psycho path about the process, and you love to see that type of competitor, especially with himself, And that's that's kind of how it is with kickers. You know, they have to have that competitive fire within them because if they don't, then two three miss kicks in a row, you're on a different team or you're out of a job. So I mean, I have to give it to Brandon Aubrey being able to come into this league and be able to do that, but I have to give it to the defense. The defense on all three levels, I feel like, really played well. We talked about containing the pocket with Jalen Hurstson. Did he get out outside of the pocket a couple of times, absolutely, But when you can limit him in the way that they did, especially on third down, absolutely huge. Dan Quinn was phenomenal in calling specific blitzes on third down. I remember those one specifically where he sent Donovan Wilson just right up the middle through the a gap on a third down and it just forced Jalen Hurst to throw a pass that he wasn't even it wasn't even in the range of DeVante Smith that he was trying to get it to. There were a couple of other third down blitzes that were just really timely and worked out. You look at that second level, Marquis Bell and Demone Clark, they were all over the field, Marquise Bell forcing another fumble, and then in the Secondarieste Fond Gilmore had his best day as a Dallas cowboy deron Blanet. It feels like he didn't even call his name last night because he was not being thrown to, which honestly surprised me coming out of that Seattle game. I figured they would test him early and often, but they didn't. And then, like I already mentioned, that safety group had its best day of the season as well.
Speaker 8: Got to give it to the defense.
Speaker 4: When you can limit an Eagles offense like that to only six points and put together one of those type of performances and only keep them on the field for twenty three minutes in the game, got to give it to them.
Speaker 5: I don't disagree with you, however, yes, I know you do.
Speaker 6: The defense played exceptional.
Speaker 5: You knew that your defense was capable of this, and they brought it and they needed to bring it. You talk about, you know, there's the two teams that Dallas's face this year there where it was just gonna be physically brutal, right forty nine ers in Philadelphia Eagles. Eagles got him last time they needed some get back. They came back and were a more physical team against an already physical team and that was awesome. So knowing that, you again that's that that goes to the point that I made about how they won. Right, You dominated them, not only just skill wise, but physically.
Speaker 6: You beat the crap out of them.
Speaker 5: So that gives you a bode of confidence if you ever have to face those guys again. That's awesome. I am more impressive. As impressed as I am about the defense, you know they're capable of that, right. I'm really impressed by Gilmore specifically because I haven't seen that physicality out of Gilmour before. I know he's a really good player, I know he could cover, I know he's a ballhawk. I had never seen him play that far, and that was what I was most impressed by defensively in that regard. But I have to give it to Brandon Aubrey. And the reason why I give it to Brandon Aubrey is because as good as he's been, as consistent as he's been, as reliable as he's been, I don't believe that this team knew from the game aspect that he was capable of consistently making long kicks. I think that you knew that about him in practice, but putting him in a game situation, this first year guy had an opportunity you put him out there. This dude hit a sixty yarder. He had what a fifty nine yarder and a fifty yarder right forty five? Okay, you got to be kidding me. Yeah, So, I don't think. I hope people understand how much of a weapon that is, especially as you get go through the rest of this tough schedule and start trying to creep towards the playoffs. You now know, at least in a controlled element environment right inside of a dome or whatever you want to call it. Okay, at and T Stadium where there's no win, you don't have to worry about all those different outside elements.
Speaker 6: You know that if you get to the forty yard line you have a chance to score. Yep. That is huge from the from the play caller's perspective.
Speaker 5: Because now that there's no question mark we asked we want six, I could take a little bit more risk because I know that we still there's a high probability that we're still gonna walk away with points.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 5: I could get a little bit more, a little bit more aggressive with my play calling once I get to the forty because I know that at least we're gonna walk away with three at least, that's the thinking, right and you learn that about your team last night Brandon Aubrey for thirty five thirty in all that stuff had been good. Now when I get to the forty boom, put three in the bag. And that's the mentality that office of coordinators have, and that's how they address play calling.
Speaker 4: The second question he was asked yesterday in the locker room was Hey, that's that's sixty yarder.
Speaker 8: It was it.
Speaker 4: It looks pretty deep. Do you think you could hit a seventy yarder? And he said absolutely, if they asked me to do it, I could do it.
Speaker 3: And then I believe the follow up question was where do you feel comfortable kicking a field goal?
Speaker 2: And he's said, yeah, sixty eight, sixty seven, no big deal. All of us in the studio were like, wait, what.
Speaker 6: Did he just say?
Speaker 8: What do he came out there for the forty five yarder? I was like, Oh, that's a chip shot.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 5: I mean, like from Dak's perspective, that changes how Dak approaches this game right, like everything about it.
Speaker 6: As an offensive player and an offensive play caller.
Speaker 5: It gives you so much confidence to know that you have points in the bag. Like, we don't have to go from the twenty five all the way down to the twenty to try to make points. We can go from the twenty five to the forty while we're talking about, you know, get game fifty yards, give me, give me five first down, give me four first down, shoot, and we can score points as major for any team, especially as you get into these highly competitive games where every possession matters. And that what I believe is the most valuable thing that came out of last night, because you now know what you have from that third of the game. You know what your offense is capable of, you know what your defense is capable of. Now you know what the heck you have as a kicker, and that is a huge advantage.
Speaker 4: I wish I could attribute this properly, but somebody did say last night, someone in the media, that Brandon Aubrey is the second.
Speaker 8: Best offensive weapon on this team behind CD Lamb.
Speaker 2: I did see. I saw that from Derek Eagleton on Twitter.
Speaker 4: It was Derek. Okay, it was Derek Awesome. Yeah, shout out to Derek. I think that's uh.
Speaker 2: I agree with that.
Speaker 8: I think that's very honest.
Speaker 4: The only thing I struggle with is DAK, But I don't know I like it for the sake of this argument, c D.
Speaker 2: Brandon, I get it, Dak is but everything runs their deck.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's probably the given here at all at all times for the quarterback.
Speaker 2: But outside of C. D. Lamb and Dak.
Speaker 3: I mean, name another player that has been as automatic as Brandon Aubrey and there's you can't.
Speaker 4: You can't name one thirty for thirty to start his NFL career field goal attempts.
Speaker 6: I have to do a thirty for thirty of this race.
Speaker 3: Six h nine texted that says ESPN needs to do a thirty for thirty on Brandon Aubrey.
Speaker 4: So he's the first kicker in NFL history to have two fifty nine plus yard field goals in the same game.
Speaker 3: So well, we'll try and do a deep blue before ESPN even gets access. We'll make a documentary on this side of it. If it continues the way that he's been.
Speaker 5: I mean, you're asking for four first downs, that's all you. I mean, you know, I'm saying from when you step on the field of his touchback, because it is a touchback because of these crazy starting at the twenty five, right, you're asking for four first downs. He's give me four first downs. You can make that at one play. You can make that end two. I don't care how many plays it takes you, Right, just move the chains down forty yards and we're good.
Speaker 4: I mean, really, only three yeah, really, only three just to give them thirty five yards.
Speaker 6: That's crazy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's it's wild. It's wild.
Speaker 3: And the more impressive part about it is the fact that he's a rookie. This is this is his first year, like Nick talked about a second ago.
Speaker 2: Is the fact that he went into training camp and could.
Speaker 3: Have very easily lost that job, wouldn't even be here, has not had I mean, and he's completely.
Speaker 2: Taking advantage of the opportunity.
Speaker 3: It's it's incredible what he's been doing in the way that they've continued to step up their game from a special team standpoint has been phenomenal to see how that has rolled in the right direction.
Speaker 2: Back to the offensive side of the foot ball.
Speaker 3: What part of the offense impressed you the most in the way that they were able to take care of business last night?
Speaker 6: Running game? Yeah, yeah, the running game.
Speaker 5: I mean, there weren't any like big splash runs outside of Cavante turpens. But I think the fact that you were able to control the line of scrimmage, I think that was so important for those guys, especially against his opponent, because they're I mean, outside of the Philadelphia Eagles, this isn't a There isn't another outside of Philadelphia Eagles and the forty nine ers. There aren't any other defensive lines that I'm like, you know what, you should probably be worried about these guys, right, you know what I'm saying. And even with the forty nine ers, the forty nine ers more so, I'm more concerned about their pass rush than their run stopping ability, even though they got some dogs in there.
Speaker 6: But Philadelphia is a team that you think about.
Speaker 5: If you're going to say there's a team you can't run against based upon personnel, it's the Philadelphia, you know, Eagles.
Speaker 6: And for Dallas to go out there.
Speaker 5: And move these guys off the ball the way they did, you saw it on film, You saw the forty nine ers did you saw some of the success that other teams have had, and you went out there and it's one thing to see it as another thing guy actually put it in, execute, put a game plan in and executed, and move these big boys off the ball. Fletcher Cox, the big Baby, Davis freaking Jalen Carter.
Speaker 6: Like all these guys.
Speaker 5: Being able to move these guys into the second level and get your guys with a four point three yard average on thirty plus carries.
Speaker 6: That's huge.
Speaker 5: That's the type of bully ball that you have to have going into the playoffs. I'm just telling you, as the elements change, you're gonna have one game next week, that or this week that you're it's gonna be coodas all is goosebumps right, It's gonna be coodesc out there. You need to be able to have the confidence to turn around, hand the ball off and be able to move guys off the line of scrimmage. From the offensive play calling perspective, If you have that, I guarantee you you will see a better version of DAK And I'm saying that ten times over, because once these guys have that ability where they get this turn around and hand.
Speaker 6: It off, this offense is going to explode.
Speaker 5: Not saying that they haven't already, but I guarantee you haven't seen the best version of it until these guys get that confidence on front.
Speaker 3: I haven't done the film study dive yet. I'll do that this afternoon. But the way that Tony Pollard and Rico Dowdele were seeing the field, to the cuts, the vision, the awareness, I mean, it looked like they were both running with confidence, and part of that goes to the offensive line. There were holes to run through at times, and it didn't break for the big play. You didn't have the massive gain, you didn't have the twenty plus yard gain. I mean it was it was twenty two from Turpin on the end around, and then you had Dowdle with nine yards and Pollard with eleven. That was the longest out ever out of all of their runs. I loved the way they todd the rock. Plus they got Tony Pollard involved in the passing game too. Titus career high with seven receptions. Last time he did that was back in Week two against the Jets. So they're finding a way to utilize these guys more.
Speaker 2: I'm with you, though, I still don't think they've unlocked the full potential of this ground.
Speaker 6: Game, but they're growing. Right. You talk about Tony Pollter.
Speaker 5: We I know we talked about in the pregame show, Tony Pollard for the majority of the season had how many touches the game twelve? That was his number, right, But at the last three games is creeping up right. We talked about it and going towards twenty right, and the last night on the show we said, you guys have twenty touches. I think he had what twenty three somewhere around there touches last night. That is important for his confidence. You talk about how these guys were seeing the field, Kyle. Just to give everybody understanding what Kyle's referencing here, there was times where the play was was drawn up to go.
Speaker 6: A certain direction.
Speaker 5: Let's go ahead and say there was one play that was actually designed to go to the right, and I remember.
Speaker 2: Kyle's They were flowed down and one yeah, Kyle's.
Speaker 6: Oh that was a nice counter and I was like, that's that encounter.
Speaker 2: And then when they showed the replay, the entire blocking scheme was headed that direction. Not supposed to be accounting it was dive right.
Speaker 6: It was dive right.
Speaker 5: But because of his vision, he recognized that, hey, these linebackers not only has the D line kind of all went to that direction. The linebackers have overflowed, right, They free flowed to that direction. So guess what now, just because that's the design of the play doesn't mean that's where I'm gonna go. I have the vision and the awareness and the understanding of the blocking scheme to see that if I go backside, it's on me, right, it's on me all because there's nothing that structurally that sound that should be back there for me to be able to go through. But guess what it is because of the linebackers and what they did. So how does that affect things going forward? Well, now, going forward, teams are going to see that on film. Okay, you think about back in the day Treel Davis right in his own scheme, half of his dog on big players came off of what cutbacks have them came off of cutbacks. He pushed the ball front side and his own scheme. They want to free flow, the linebackers want to get in and get caught in the wash. He takes a little peek, uses his perferal vision and he cuts backside right. And there's plenty of backs that have done this in the past, but with Tony Pouler's explosiveness to be able to see the field that way.
Speaker 6: Now as a linebacker, I can't. I can't go front side.
Speaker 5: I can't fully commit to one side of the field because this dude might expose me on the backside.
Speaker 6: So what does that now allowed for you to do?
Speaker 5: Well, if that second level is now playing cautious and they're trying to play both sides right, playing the right side and the left side of the center just in case, now all of a sudden, that front side, where the player is actually designed starts opening up more and more. So from that vision standpoint, it's huge. And not only one of them was doing it, of them were doing it right.
Speaker 3: Rico and Tony the four to three four here disagrees a little bit. They said a few times running back vision wasn't great. They made the wrong cuts right into an eagle player going straight into the ground.
Speaker 2: That's part of running the football twenty times.
Speaker 3: I mean, whenever you can make the right cut, nine times out of ten, you're gonna have one cut where you go right another ground.
Speaker 2: That's part of it.
Speaker 3: There were cuts that should have been stopped for losses, that should have been stopped for no gain on multiple occasions from both Pollard and doubtle that they turned it into something more, and they turned it into a better run. There was more confidence in the way that they toted the rock last night, especially in the first half, than there.
Speaker 2: Was at any point in the rest of the regular season so far.
Speaker 4: And I think a lot of credit has to go up front as well. They're starting to pave those running lanes up front. And I have to give Tyler Piati's credit because I know that was a guy that we looked at early in the season was like, you have to be better in the run, in the run game, and I think he's starting to stack that now with with Tyler Smith next to him on his left, Sack Martin next to him on the right, these guys are creating those holes up up the middle. And you know, I think back to Tony Pollard and what he was able to do to do last season and I actually did kind of a deep dive on it last weekend, and there was a lot of action that he had between the tackles. It's not entirely different from what he's doing now. Obviously the volume is much more now and he's taken on that lead back roll, but most of his success was between the tackles. It was, you know, screaming in between those defensive linemen and bouncing around from a linebacker as the offensive line got to the second level. And we're starting to see that a little bit. We're starting to see him break away for those fifteen twenty yard type runs where you know, you see that little bit of explosion from Tony Pollard. I think his day is coming, and I think it's coming next Sunday.
Speaker 2: You think so, I think so.
Speaker 4: Nineteenth, nineteenth best rush defense in the league. They need this running game to be really, really strong next week. I know we'll dive into it this week, but I think Tony Pollard has his day next week.
Speaker 3: All right, when we take our first break or when we come back from our first we're going to continue talking about this win.
Speaker 2: Thirty three thirteen.
Speaker 3: Defensive side of the ball was fantastic. But which element defensive line, second level or the second dary did their job the best and how much does that build your confidence moving into this final month of the regular season.
Speaker 2: We're talking Cowboys.
Speaker 9: Right after this, Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheatah Savannah. Todd believed the big cat repellent he bought online, was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 7: Five G requires compatible plan and device. Five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com slash five G for you for details.
Speaker 10: Black Rifle Coffee Company sirs premium coffee to people who love America. When you drink Black Rifle Coffee, you are directly supporting veterans, law enforce, horseman and first responders in your community. Black Rifles expert roasters love coffee almost as much as Texas loves football, so it makes sense that America's coffee partner with America's team.
Speaker 2: Go online at.
Speaker 10: Black Riflecoffee dot com and fuel up with the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys. That's Black Riflecoffee dot com. To fuel up today, Cowboys fans. After that move, We've just coined the term rowdy replay. Let's roll back the table.
Speaker 11: Okay, there's our mascot, rowdy cheering on the boys. And now he's on his phone on his Bank of America Mobile Banking.
Speaker 3: App, staying on top of his finances with his virtual financial assistant Erica.
Speaker 11: Bank of America's digital tools are so impressive, Cowboys fans just can't stop banking. Learn more at Bank of America dot com. Slash can't stop Banking.
Speaker 3: Evericay, it's only available in the English language. Must download the latest version of the mobile banking app. Only available on so like mobile devices. Message dat rags, apply a number fbic.
Speaker 12: Welcome back into Dear Doctor, the show where I answer life's questions with an ice cold can of doctor pepper. Sheila, let's hear from my next caller.
Speaker 2: Would you there, doctor?
Speaker 9: My friend supported me.
Speaker 7: We are in a tough time.
Speaker 1: But what's the right gift that says thanks for being a soldier?
Speaker 9: To cry out?
Speaker 12: Okay, this one's easy, I say, give her a delicious doctor pepper. Nothing says thanks good better than one of a kind soda. Yes, any doctor Pepper flavor will do. Now, Just a reminder that I don't need to be a real doctor to know that Doctor Pepper is the one you deserve.
Speaker 3: To Talking Cowboys. Back here on Talking Cowboys. This portion of the show is brought to you by Quakeerotes, a super trusted super food Quakeroates, the official oatmeal sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Back here with Isaiah stand back, Nick Harris, Chris Beam in the back.
Speaker 2: I'm Kyle Yeomans. We do not have a show tomorrow. There's no show tomorrow.
Speaker 3: We will be serving in the community with the Salvation Army and continuing to Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's a good thing. It's a bad thing that we don't have a show.
Speaker 5: I want to talk to the people, and I want to serve to people, to talking Tuesdays.
Speaker 2: Maybe we'll find a way to get up here.
Speaker 3: Who knows, but right now we are scheduled to not have a show tomorrow. So I'm trying to get through some of these text messages and kind.
Speaker 6: Of talk to the people.
Speaker 3: Text question, Yeah, text in the questions, give us a give us a text.
Speaker 2: We're probably not.
Speaker 3: Going to take any calls today, but we will we will answer your text message. This one from the eight to h six, He keeps saying, m V. Prescott I want to throw out a shout out to his buddies, to Fort D. Nasty and Ryan Teddy, and then I mean, just you talk about m V Prescott, did he look like MV Prescott last night? The way that he helped lead that team to a win twenty four of thirty nine passing.
Speaker 5: It was gonna be hard for him to do better than he did last time in Week nine. I mean, that Week ninth performance was out of his world. Three seventy four, three touchdowns, zero interceptions, you know, no turnovers. That was gonna be hard to double up. So I think he did what was necessary to get his team to a victory last night, but it's not going to show up in the stat line.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mario from South Texas says, do you think Shaq Leonard is regretting choosing the wrong team?
Speaker 8: That's funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, two tackles night, we'll see heem got beat by twenty.
Speaker 4: So Yeah, I saw him on the field pre game, and Tony Dungee had actually come up to him right as I was kind of walking by and checking him out, And yeah, I think it's gonna take a little bit for him get used to being on that defense. He didn't get in I don't think until late in the second quarter and only had two tackles. Wasn't super efficient and Dallas attacked him in the past game as soon as he came on.
Speaker 2: The field, so it's known they made a point. This is yeah, they made a point.
Speaker 3: This question nine one four asked what did you think of Terrence Steel overall last night?
Speaker 2: That's Steve and New York.
Speaker 4: That's another one I need to give credit to. He did give up a sack to Hisan Reddick, but when you could you look at it on paper compared to what he gave up in the last game against Philadelphia, it's the four sacks and the twelve pressures. Got to give my props to Terrence steel Man. I saw his high school get absolutely obliterated on Saturday afternoon in the States in my finals. But he bounced back on Sunday and proved the Steel name right. So shout out to Terrence Steel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, really nice job by by Steele. What did you think about the offensive line as a whole?
Speaker 5: Offense line is a whole did relatively well. There's definitely some penalties that that were giving up and a couple of pressures pressure, but you're facing a really good defensive line, So I mean, that's I mean, you have to give credit for credits.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 5: You're not gonna win every single battle, you know, and unfortunately, some of your losses are gonna come at the expense of either a sack of pressure or you know, some some penalties. And that's just the reality when you're facing a great opponent on the defensive front.
Speaker 6: So overall, I was glad.
Speaker 5: To see them improve from their last outing versus that outfit, and I think it's gonna help them going forward in these next games.
Speaker 3: Uh, how big of a loss could Jonathan Hankins be? That's from the eight four five.
Speaker 5: I'm praying, I'm praying that he's that he's okay. That would be a tremendous loss. Tremendous is one of the reasons why I was kind of beating the table run the trade deadline to go out there and get a get a big run stopper, because if that was to present itself this situation that we're now in with him, you know, injured, not knowing what the injury is.
Speaker 6: But it put it exposes a weakness in your team.
Speaker 5: Obviously, you still will who diga Zola and Nevill Gallamore, guys like that who've been playing well.
Speaker 6: But it's not a Jonathan Hankins.
Speaker 5: There is not another Jonathan Hankins on this current roster, somebody who has that impact that he has.
Speaker 3: And they highlighted him a bit last night, but the Bonzie Smith, the first couple of snaps didn't go his way. He fought back, he battled back, saw a little bit more time last night because he needed to see some more time.
Speaker 5: Uh, there's there's just not a not It hasn't been as effective. There's not another Johnathan Hankins on his team. And that's the reason why I was hoping that at the trade deadline they would have added to that room.
Speaker 6: They didn't. Somebody else has to step up. Now we'll see what the injury is.
Speaker 4: The fact that Nevill Gallimore and Mazzi basically split snaps after Hankins came out yesterday leads me to believe there's not a ton of confidence and what's behind Jonathan Hankins there?
Speaker 8: But quick update there, it's a high ankle sprain.
Speaker 4: We'll know more from Mike McCarthy today as far as a timeline, but they're inspecting him two to four.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they're expecting him to be back for the playoffs.
Speaker 3: You think, especially for an offensivesnef there's not a severity of the spring, but high ankle sprains are.
Speaker 6: They're bad.
Speaker 4: They bad to the account the size as well, Like that's that's gonna be a tougher injury to overcome and how how important that ankle is. Expect him to be back for the playoffs, but I don't expect anything before then.
Speaker 8: First thing I think about is Miami.
Speaker 3: But is it the Denzel Washington meme when he's got the papers on the table and he slams the table down.
Speaker 8: That's me right now. That's what It was a physical game.
Speaker 4: I mean, there was a lot of guys who went down had to be tended to by the training staff. But it seems like Jonathan Hankins is really the only one that is going to be a long term deal and that will affect them in the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: Billy from grand View says, I can finally see the stamp that our head coach has made on this program.
Speaker 2: Great Cowboys victory last night. I think he deserves a ton of credit.
Speaker 4: Grandview High School mascot do you know what it is, Zebras, let's go test me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I'll have to have to give it to Mike McCarthy as well. I mean, he he he.
Speaker 4: Took a lot of criticism before the bye week, and I think it was just right. I heard this offense. It wasdale. It was yeah, four and two at the buy, specifically at the bio, but the offense was stale. It couldn't convert in the red zone. There are a lot of things that worked and getting the ball down the field, the running game was inefficient, and now we're looking up ten weeks later and all cylinders are firing. I really can't point to one big area of concern on this offense right now. Maybe the running game at times, but I still have a lot of confidence about where that is heading and where it's going. Aside from that, I don't have any issues. This has really been a phenomenal effort by this offense. It's the number one scoring offensive league. Dak Prescott is at the front of the MVP conversation. I mean, no matter what ends up happening the rest of the way, you have to give Mike McCarthy credit for what he's done on the OFFENSI side of the ball this season.
Speaker 5: Yeah, only thing I highlighted, same thing we did last week. It was just the penalties. You know, you just have to we have to do away with those penalties. And that's on both sides of the ball. But offensively, knowing how important it is for this team to be able to score points and keep the momentum in that regard that the defense plays off of what offense is doing. And if the offense is shooting themselves in the foot because of penalties, right, whether it be holding calls or whatever, my my, you know, fall star penalties, it's gonna, it's gonna.
Speaker 6: It could hurt you. It could hurt you.
Speaker 5: To me, I mean, you talk about making a big play and all of a sudden, now instead of it being you know, first down and now all of a sudden, it's first and twenty Like those things matter. Those things matter in a major way. So I would like to see that dwindled down to none, to where you're just not shooting yourself in the foot, you know, rather than not watch Harlem Knights. But you know, outside of that, I feel good about where this offense is going.
Speaker 2: Well, they moved in the right direction. In that category.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they had nine penalties for one hundred and twenty seven yards against Seattle, and they had seven penalties for sixty yard like, so it was half the yard is cut the penalties down.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's good. I'm with it.
Speaker 5: I'll take right slow process, but it's still progress.
Speaker 2: It's working out, it's progress. It's progressed.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: I asked before.
Speaker 3: We went into the the break, which level of the defense impressed you the most. I know y'all have talked about there's a couple questions about it on the text line here about who impressed you between the defensive line, second level.
Speaker 2: Secondary, Which one was secondary? I thought the secondary may.
Speaker 6: Safety best game as a whole as a whole.
Speaker 5: I mean I could point out individual guys, but the secondary as a whole play really well. I think Deron Bland had a nice bounce back game as well. He showed that that was just a spoof that that would happened last week. You know, they just they played physical. You could tell that it was a point of emphasis from in their meeting rooms to go out there and hit the crap out of these cats, you know, punch the ball, hit them, you know, you know rally to the ball. You know, do whatever you can to ensure that these guys feel you. There were multiple receivers on the Philadelphia Eagles that took some time to get up. You know, throughout the game, they weren't just popping up and running back to the huddle. These guys were having to think about dang it ain't hurting that. Yeah, I'm gonna feel that one tomorrow and take the little slow time getting up.
Speaker 6: And you see that.
Speaker 5: As a defender, you see that, and then you rally together and you want to hit them again. You know, it's a violent game. You know, you you don't want to injure anybody, but you want everybody to feel you for the week to come.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I love Devontae Smith.
Speaker 4: I think he's a huge weapon for them, But man, that hit that he took from Elie Cooker on that third down that forced in completion, and he took a couple of more throughout that night. That's that's what you gotta do against. So a weapon like that, you know, he's one hundred and sixty five pounds. You got to be able to put that that weight on him and let him feel it.
Speaker 8: MALIEK. Cooker was doing it. Donovan Wilson was doing it. Jayon Curse.
Speaker 4: I feel like again had his best day in coverage as a Dallas cowboy.
Speaker 8: I mean it was. It was a huge, huge adding for those safeties.
Speaker 4: And then when you factor in Gilmore and Bland as well, then you know, there you go. And it feels like Jordan Lewis's name wasn't called last night that often too. It was a great problem, great problem. RDI J says, can Parsons get a holding call?
Speaker 6: Please?
Speaker 2: Held all day long?
Speaker 6: Yeah? He was. Yeah.
Speaker 8: I don't understand it.
Speaker 2: I really don't.
Speaker 8: It's he's only been called for two holding penalties.
Speaker 3: Maybe he has to do the Philadelphia Eagles defensive line pirouettes.
Speaker 2: He's spinning Fleer Cox. Yeah, the Fletcher Cox. Just look at me. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just wonder, like, do you Jerry Jones called out the officials and in his game availability yesterday, he'll be getting a call today. I'm sure, but yeah, but it's just I mean, it's it's it's I don't know. If you're Michael Parsons, I don't know what you can do other than in the offseason go meet with somebody and be like what am I doing wrong?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 8: What is what is happening?
Speaker 4: Because I see at least three a game, at least three a game on Michael Parsons, So I don't know, it's weird. It's a weird thing. I haven't seen anything like this before, have you?
Speaker 6: No, I haven't. But you know, just keep doing what you're doing. You control the controllables.
Speaker 5: Let you know, double j and arrested the crew you know here in the executive offices.
Speaker 6: Let them handle the other aspects, Let them handle.
Speaker 5: The legalities and the communication with the league, because he's going to get those calls. Those calls will come through when you need them most. He just has to continue to play the same way.
Speaker 2: And he has continued to play the same way.
Speaker 3: Had a big sack and a late down scenario last night, forcing a field goal, forcing them back. The pressures were there. I'm excited to see what those numbers look like today. But for the most part, the fact that this defense can still rely on that pass rush.
Speaker 2: There are times this year where they haven't.
Speaker 3: Been as relentless, they haven't been as effective, but man, when they are, it is a game changer. And I felt like the second half against Seattle first half, they weren't very effective. Second half they turned it on against Seattle and it changed the entire game, changed the entire flow of that football game. This time, they were effective all four quarters and it changed the way the game was played, and it kept Jalen Hurts off balance. We had the stats everything coming into it saying that Jalen Hurts was not very good under pressure this season, and Dallas got after him, put pressure on him. So lots of great text messages, lots of great conversations throughout. Let's take our second break. When we come back, it's time for smelly stickers. Here for talking cowboys. Send us your smelly sticker vote on the text line at the moment and we'll see if we can get the fans represented in there as well.
Speaker 2: More talking cowboys.
Speaker 1: Right after this, they say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports.
Speaker 6: Turf Equipment.
Speaker 1: United agon Turf, the official Lagonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit Unitedagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 10: Are you ready to take coffee off your grocery list forever? Black Rifle Coffee Club is here to help. As a Coffee Club member, you'll get your favorite coffees, roasted package and ship to your door free of charge on your preferred schedule. Set it, forget it, and never run low on coffee again. Members also get exclusive deals on coffee products and discounts from partner brands. Ease your mind and let Black Rifle worry about your coffee supply. Go to Black Riflecoffee dot com to join the coffee Club Today.
Speaker 3: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 9: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 7: Five G requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com slash five G for you for details.
Speaker 3: To Talking Cowboys back here on Top Fucking Cowboys. This segment is brought to you by invisil Line, the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys Smelly Sticker time. The text line is eight eight eight eight five to five. Oh wait no, that's the phone line.
Speaker 6: Sorry.
Speaker 2: Eight one seven two nine zero three two nine.
Speaker 3: Eight is the podcast text line eight one seven two nine zero three two nine eight. If you've never texted in, this would be a great time to do it. Texter, pop in with your smelly sticker. Vote will calculate him as we go along. Smelly stickers are our players of the game. Before we do that, Nick, you you noticed a bit of a trend from the defensive line. We were just talking about the pressure and then what they put on Jalen Hurts a little bit of a change from that d line.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think they found something in the second half of that game in Week nine and flipping Michael Parsons into Marcus Lawrence. So Michael Parsons lined up against Jordan Mailata back in Week nine, the left tackle for the Philadelphia Eagles UH thirteen one on one matchups, and Parsons was only able to generate one pressure, whereas on the other side to Marcus Lawrence wasn't that effective in the game lined up against Lane Johnson, the right tackle for the Philadelphia Eagles. So they flipped those guys in the second half of that last game, and we saw a lot of those matchups in the second half of that game, and they found success. They came out from the gates last night with that matchup Parsons on Lane Johnson and Lawrence on my Latta and both of those guys had an awesome night. And obviously the highlight is Michael Parson's driving Lane Johnson right into the back of Jalen Hurts enforcing that sack. That was huge. Not many people do that to Lane Johnson. So yeah, it was kind of to your point on the past rush unit. I think that was a big, big catalyst towards that.
Speaker 2: It really was.
Speaker 3: An impressive game all the way across the board, all three phases, which is gonna make these smelly sticker player of the games very very tough.
Speaker 2: Nick. We'll let you start this one on No, not me?
Speaker 4: Why I always start? No, you don't, I'm I start every week.
Speaker 6: Trying to find it here, Kyle, how about you first call?
Speaker 3: Fine, I'll go first, guys that I'm just gonna make this easy on you guys because I'm gonna take the easiest one. H So this is a this is a happy peach. But he looks he's got like a smirk on his face. He looks like he's satisfied, and he's holding up just the number one.
Speaker 2: That's what he's holding up. And the reason why I chose.
Speaker 3: This peach specifically is because he is holding up that number one. There is only one player in the history of the NFL to hit thirty straight kicks to start his career. And there's only one player in the history of the NFL to hit a fifty nine yarder and a sixty yarder in the same single game, and that's Brandon Aubrey. He gets the first smelly sticker. He was fantastic last night, and he continues to prove the doubters wrong. That's what the smirk is for. He's saying, not so fast. I'm Brandon Aubrey, butter Aubrey, and he's been obramatic all year long.
Speaker 8: Bang what you did there?
Speaker 4: Bang?
Speaker 6: I'm going to break the rules a little bit Hereaborce what is that? I can't break the rules?
Speaker 2: I mean you can, but come on, what are you doing?
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go with these three bananas here, three of them. There's three banana you guys, see these three bananas right here.
Speaker 2: That's how many kids I'm having.
Speaker 6: That's exactly right, you.
Speaker 8: That was trauma?
Speaker 6: What else? What else came in threes? Yesterday?
Speaker 8: Fields?
Speaker 6: Field goals? What else?
Speaker 8: The safety unit.
Speaker 6: What else.
Speaker 8: Force fumbles?
Speaker 5: Ah, three forced fumbles, good things, good scenes coming three.
Speaker 6: So I'm not gonna highlight one player. I'm not gonna highlight just a secondary.
Speaker 5: I'm highlighting this defense collectively for forcing three turtles because.
Speaker 6: We knew that this team likes to cough the ball up. No pun intended. Yeh, that's what I'm saying. So these are three bananas for the three balls that they coughed up. Thank you.
Speaker 4: A quick couple of quick notes on that I had asked Stefan Gilmour after the game. I said, was there an emphasis going into the week on ripping the ball? Because it felt like every single time that they had an opportunity to go for the ball, they were attacking it, punching and trying to rip at it. And he said Coach Quinn told them earlier in the week that the ball is going to be a live go for it.
Speaker 8: Be aggressive and you'll grab it.
Speaker 4: And if you remember the last time these two teams played a Week nine, they were able to force three fumbles and all three bounced right back into the hands of the Eagles. This time, all three bounce back into the hands of the Cowboys. That's that's definitely a difference maker whenever you're looking at it on paper. So yeah, cool stuff there. So, uh my, my little smelly sticker here this I don't even know what this fruit is?
Speaker 8: You know, is this like a raspberry?
Speaker 2: That looks yeah, that's a raspberry.
Speaker 6: I think it's definitely a raspberry.
Speaker 8: What color shade of red would you say this is?
Speaker 4: It's like a it's like a it's like a dark crimson, you know, sure who else has this this kind of like shade of red?
Speaker 8: Right here?
Speaker 4: The University of South Carolina where Stefan Gilmore what's college? That was really stretching stretched, but uh yeah, Stefan Gilmour nine tackles, one forced fumble, great coverage on AJ Brown all uh all night had his best game as a Dallas Cowboy. Have to give him credit. Trayvon Diggs was in the locker room after the game and was giving him credit as well.
Speaker 8: Super awesome to see. So shout out to fan Gilmore.
Speaker 3: We've got some really good smelly sticker uh submissions votes so far.
Speaker 2: This one is onion for Jake Ferguson.
Speaker 3: He's giving everybody that's guarded him problems and making him cry when he's cut them down nice.
Speaker 8: I like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was, actually I was looking for one. I don't think we have one.
Speaker 3: Uh, smelly sticker for Gilmore, not even close for me. You got that one from uh Brandon.
Speaker 2: Aubrey's got a ton of them.
Speaker 3: Uh, here's another one, Iceberg for smelly sticker for fergu Berg and Aubrey because both are cold and smooth as ice.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 2: I like that, well done, getting creative.
Speaker 6: I like it.
Speaker 2: Another Gilmore submission.
Speaker 3: Old man may not have the speed he once did, but he had the best game of his season.
Speaker 2: I don't know he showed he showed it off.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 2: It appears that the fans have chosen Jake Ferguson. So I'll let you guys help me out here. Which one do you feel like best describes Jake Ferguson?
Speaker 6: Here?
Speaker 3: Is there is there something? Oh, there's a leaping pineapple that's gotta.
Speaker 6: Be it freaking to your friend me?
Speaker 2: That is it? It's this is this one right here as a hurtling pineapple?
Speaker 6: Perfect?
Speaker 8: Can you put it like over the star somewhere? Is that possible? Like hurtling over the top of the star.
Speaker 2: I don't know. We've got a got a lot of snake stickers on this thing. I've been winning a lot of games. There you go right there for Jake Ferguson.
Speaker 3: Represented by the fans. He he gets at least five to six.
Speaker 2: Now seven votes in here on the text line.
Speaker 3: So Jake Ferguson smelly sticker will get John Machoda's later in the week as well. But that's gonna do it for us here on Talking Cowboys on this victory Monday. Hope you guys had as much fun as we did breaking this one down. We'll be back on Wednesday. No show tomorrow because we will be out in the community serving, serving alongside the Salvation Army, so we'll have fun doing that. We will be back on Wednesday for Nick Harris, Isaiah Stanback, Chris Beam in the backup yoman saying so long from Talking Cowboys they took down those Eagles thirty three thirteen. This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 11: Cowboy