Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: And welcome back to another episode of No Sellings Podcast with your host, Now fuck that with your loaw glasses, Malone. What's crazy is we should have made Mac do it, but I know Mac don't have like, uh.
Speaker 3: No interface no he's doing and then you know he all about his appearance. He's been like, man, I ain't been to the barber, I ain't got my hair done. I got to get my hair braided. Every time I've been about to do something with Mac, it's always been there. I don't have them on the show as far as calling in and stuff like that, but I ain't never been able to get him to sit down. He always got to have it perfect.
Speaker 2: What the best thing about No Silings is we still don't have a visual component outside of the stream. So that's why I always tell people like nobody gonna see you, bro, like I don't really care about the visual component, and it does slow the marketing down for those seilings, you know, maybe especially over this last twelve months, like you know, the type of content we've been making, we probably would have been ten times bigger podcast. But I'll be so much into the visual I've always been more into the visual component than even before I understood what music and hip hop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, especially nowadays, man, because you ask the average person with a podcast, it was the last thing they think about us, the audio. You know when I figured that out, bro, The way I figure and it's a different audience for sure. The way I figured out that there was a different audience is lately I've been just going I might go two or three weeks without putting up a whole video, bro, because you know, we concentrated on this end of the season right now, right and I have people to steal what's going on with the podcast. I ain't seen y'all drop an episode. I was like, don't we put an episode out every week? That's because they not listening to the audio. A lot of people think video is podcasts, Yeah, a TV show.
Speaker 2: Do you think it says something about everybody intellect like going from something you can see to something you can hear to something you have to read.
Speaker 3: I don't know, bro, but I will tell you this. I heard an interesting statistic that some like sixty five percent of people that look at podcasts on YouTube don't even look at it. They listening to it. But YouTube is just a comfortable medium. Yes, they comfortable meeting. But they won't go to Apple or they won't. I wish they would just come to Apple with Spotify.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, that's because you want the business.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like dog, you know, cause it's like, man, you know, you figured, like this shit, some of our episodes be hitting one hundred and fifty twenty thousand people up. Like, man, you know how lick we would be if we had them people in addition to what we're getting already. We shit, we'd be the big boys. But I just think it's that's a conference zone with people. You gotta remember, though, the average person got seven apps on their phone, right, they don't want to download an eighth. They just don't want to sow what they can do with the thing about YouTube, I don't even y'all do have the YouTube app of my phone, but the average person just go to the web interface, you know what I'm saying, and just listen to it like that. They don't really be watching, bro, they listen.
Speaker 2: I ain't really ever said this to you, but I'm really proud of you, man, Like you saw this wave that was going becoming streaming and podcasting back in twenty fifteen, and I still do not truly believe in it from a West Coast perspective, because I think the brothers on the East Coast be a little bit more into learning. Forgive, forgive me to all the homies from the West Coast that I'm not shitting on y'all, But it just feels like the East Coast is war into a different artistic mediums or it's just different because or I can't figure out what it is that makes East Coast podcasting work so much better than West Coast podcast.
Speaker 3: I tell you what it is, ug and this is but for me, being a Midwest Kent right, there's too much stuff going on out here already, right New York. When it gets cold, you can't go nowhere, So they more apt to sit at home and just listen to some stuff, right I would here man, you got cats, man, when the car they playing music, they're not gonna sit up and listen to no podcasts when they hear and then out here, I notice, especially with a lot of people, we really into stuff that's really minute. We like taking stuff and doses.
Speaker 1: Out here. We ain't gonna sit up and watch no whole hour something.
Speaker 3: We're not gonna sit up and listen to none past ten minutes. It's too much going on, man, you.
Speaker 2: Know what, And I can't talk mess about it because that's me, That's what I'm saying. Yeah, I don't I'm everything that I'm guilty of everything we're talking about. I don't really listen to a ton of podcasts, whereas Maria went off on me today.
Speaker 3: Dog we was downstairs, and I'll listen to podcasts. But it's funny. I'm in the urban space, so to speak, with podcasts, but I don't listen to no urban podcasts outside of art the stuff that we produce. Right, I listened to like Joe Rogan, I listened to Ground Zero, I listened to everything else. I'm more into the conspiracy you feel like I'm more into the conspiracy R stuff, right, And she said, but you turn that off every time at night you got that phone on and the day time we got the phone on, because it kind of becomes background music just for your conversation. And really, what she don't understand, Really, I be really just getting research on stuff.
Speaker 1: You know, it's so hard for women to tell you they proud of you. Man.
Speaker 2: My wife has never told me that, bro, Thank you man. I appreciate that. Sorry, but I'm really proud of you, big bro. And I'm not saying this because why you don't say that. I'm just saying you saw this wave happening, and I still can't say I see it on the West, but I can see how much people respect my intellect and my willing is to.
Speaker 3: Pursue It's here, you know, shout out to the homies down the road, man, you know, punning them right, playing ad in them. But they do more of a stream and it's more of a stream thing. But people are starting to get it out here now, and maybe that's what it is in the West. Stas that to remember, man, the precursor all this stuff, it's Lad. Whether people want to give Blad his printator or not. I'm a dude, man, even if I don't care for somebody, and not saying I don't care for Lad, I don't know him well enough to not care for him. But you figured him catch like Alex Alonzo to do what he do with Street TV. Them dudes was the precursor to kind of everything, bro, Yes, especially Vlad. Two thousand, two thousand and six, Vlad had launched his his uh his remember YouTube comes out in two thousand and five. They was in two thousand and five, so.
Speaker 2: Blad would do interviews and there'll be more DVD, you know what I'm saying. And I used to let Vlad come to the set. I took Glad to a couple of hoods.
Speaker 1: You feel me.
Speaker 2: I there's if you go look at some of the earliest Blad TVs, I'm probably within the first twenty you know what I mean. Because I used to let him come to watch. I remember My Home Boys was gonna rob Blad. I was like, we don't do nothing to the Homeboy.
Speaker 1: You feel me?
Speaker 2: Like he was, alright, he used to look out so but I agree. Also, I think it's because we're in Hollywood, so they there's a.
Speaker 1: Lot of.
Speaker 2: We just used to We've been spoiled. Like I've always said this, like hip hop for us, you know what I mean? And I say us because you're a West Coast part You've been on the West Coast longer you've been in the Midwest at this point of your life. But remember, like street urban culture for us was marketed through Hollywood first, like they got this very it is a very shallow version of it with the film colors you know what I mean with the film.
Speaker 1: Boys in the Hood.
Speaker 2: You got a shallow version of it where you was like, this blood and crip thing that you heard about word of mouth is real in Hollywood, which is crazy, right, because Hollywood, when you think about it, made it real for them. They was like, oh, it is blue versus Red. No Sealer's podcast. Gl My big brother still in here, Pete. I called him, but I think he was busy and it is last minute. But we was having a really great conversation with Mac ten and talking about just the history of the West Coast and different artists, and we were having a really great conversation about what really what became the centerpiece of West Coast culture for the rest of the world, for street urban culture out of southern California for the rest of the world. And I was telling Mac so I was explaining this steel right, I was explaining the big bro. I was explaining to him that the first in session of Gang Bang, Gang Bang, it starts in sixty nine with Touki excuse me, with Raymond Washington and crad croduct Rest in Peace to them brothers. TOOKI comes in about a year later, roughly, I understand correctly, you know what I mean? The West Side cripping is born a year later, Compton cripping is born two years later. Inglewood cripping is right around the same time as La cripping. I mean as far us on the West Side. And I was explaining this still like the hip hop street urban culture, like cripping is, has went through stages of culture, right, and it's like the initial version. Remember Crippen started. Tookie and Raymond were both born in fifty three, nineteen fifty three, so cripping is in sixty nine, so you're talking about sixteen seventeen year old kids. They were still emulating the culture before them, the Businessman chain gang, the Avenues Sloughs, in those first black street gangs in Los Angeles. So the leather coats, remember they killed the brother over the leather coat fight, you know, right over the leather coat, hard bottom.
Speaker 1: Shoes, dressing more fancy more and I hate to use the word fancy, but what it was when.
Speaker 3: You see OG's today, Man, if you see Og today, if you see any of the brothers that like in the early late fifties, early sixties, they got the fedora on with the feather in it. Man, they got their hard body, they got some stage. He's on some slacks and the silk shirt. Yeah, and they fresh and they fresh to death.
Speaker 1: Remind me of Ma James. Yeah, in fact so like and again it's like, but Shaw era.
Speaker 2: Of street urban culture is where hip hop is built from. That's the trick right where the generation Ice Tea was way ahead of the curve. Like you could tell the whole world wasn't ready for ice Tea. They had never saw anything like iceed Tea. They never saw nothing like that.
Speaker 3: Did you want to hear something? Ill shout out to the homeboy Pablo. Man, you know, I don't know if he knew this. I was signing the Thump Records for a little bit. No, I don know, Yeah I was. I was saying the Thump Ricords, my A and R was this cat named Pablo, Pablo science Iced Tea. He signed Ice Tea and he said that that was the first artist where as soon as he met him, and before he even heard his music, he knew he was gonna be something.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 3: The dude pulled up to his office in a Porsche and the way, you know, he had this girl with him and he had jewelry on and he just already looked the part.
Speaker 2: So what h And I heard that about Ice before that, But Ice, you could tell like Ice was so far advanced culturally to where hip hop was that the audience he understood it, like the audience couldn't understand what was happening with him. And don't get me wrong, he got his platinum albums, Obviously, he got his hit records, Obviously he got this Hall of Fame, his first battlet of Hall of Fame career. That's that's currently still going. But culturally, right, your generation is the generation that truly culturally built hip hop, right. And I was telling mac ten that's when we keep saying, Matt, we're talking about mac Ten.
Speaker 1: I was telling mac.
Speaker 2: Ten that everything we're known for is built in that era of guys that was born roughly from.
Speaker 1: Sixty seven sixty six. M hm, maybe sixty six to seventy two.
Speaker 3: You know what, bro I would probably say, sixty eight to seventy two, sixty six sixty six, you know what, you gotta give it.
Speaker 2: That maybe pushing it because I would imagine Tracy is the first version is the first version of it. Shout, shout out, to the big umy trad D forgive me. Trad D is like the first version of y'all shit. Yeah, And trad D is probably sixty six. I think Trady was born in sixty six or sixty seven.
Speaker 3: Trade D is an animal. Trade D does it as good as it's supposed to be done, as good as it can be done.
Speaker 1: He's very underrated. Maybe sixty five. You think trad D sixty five?
Speaker 2: No, no, I'm thinking it may be sixty five. Hold on, let me make a car real quick. Let me see something.
Speaker 1: Not a good question.
Speaker 2: This is this is why it's dope to have these cultural conversations. I'm calling pluck, calling my holder on me. That pretty much raised me and the Shenanigans for the most part, worrying. Watch that with you, baby, Hey, real quick, I got you on my podcast. What use which era? Your Your era is the beginning era of guys wearing dickies?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Or is it the guys after y'all? It got to be your guy. It got to be sixty five to seventy two. Guys born between sixty five and seventy two.
Speaker 4: Why do you say that?
Speaker 2: Because tooking them the guys born in fifty three. They wasn't really into dickies, right. They're more like hard bottoms, leather jackets, really nice hats, really nice hats. Like when I would see pictures and then I'm thinking about Moon, right, and I'm like, I've seen pictures of Moon. Moon was more fresh, you know what I mean, like kind of and I mean he might have had that baller swag.
Speaker 1: But I think your era.
Speaker 2: The reason I was saying this is because I was telling Mac ten y'all era defined street urban culture or cripping the way the way the rest of the world knew it, not the era before y'all.
Speaker 1: Now that yeah, they were crips before y'all.
Speaker 2: But when people think Pendleton, when people think dickies all stars like taking that type of chief stuff and making the fly, that's Yall era.
Speaker 5: One.
Speaker 1: Yeah, That's what I'm saying. So it had to be yall era.
Speaker 2: So I'm thinking people born between sixty five and seventy two, yeah, because we was all following y'all. So the guys seventy three to let's say eighty, we all following y'all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, probably started probably about seventy nine eight.
Speaker 2: Do you remember you remember you remember you remember fattening them wearing dickies like that like when they was younger.
Speaker 1: Uh, they did. They dressed more like five ones fresh yeah, corroys uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and fat is more like like fifty eight. Huh like fifty nine like fast like Ice Ta yeah, because that's who we remind me of.
Speaker 1: Ice team, Like that's his fresh. You probably started really started going hard. Uh tell about seventy eight, That's what I thought.
Speaker 2: All right, I mean, and I'm gonna call you once were done, all right, you get what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Still, it's like.
Speaker 2: It was the kids coming up right, that's probably fourteen and fifteen that made dickies a thing.
Speaker 3: And they had to because I'm gonna tell you, bro in Ohio, we was wearing dickies, right, but I'm gonna tell you what it was. You people had a tendency to where they popped soul clothes, right, you feel what I'm saying. So Pops he might have ten Dickie suits at work, you know what I'm saying. That he worked downtown on the plant right as he getting new Dickie suits. I don't know if they got them through the job or whatever, because I know Pops will come home, but like ten fifteen new Dickie suits, Right, I got the old stuff that school clothes, you feel what I'm saying. Yeah, So we was wearing Dickies back then, bro, And it wasn't a text more so it was you did not identify people wearing Dickies as gangsters, but it was more a hood thing.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I always tell a lot of people, anybody that listened culturally, that a lot of the stuff comes from the Midwest, Like it's all warehouse, it's all factory stuff, and people took that stuff and made it fresh. And Dickies itself, you know, that ain't really what the culture is about. It's the crease and the cuff in the dickies, if that makes sense. Like it ain't Chucks by themselves. Everybody, I would imagine most poor kids around the country, you know what I mean, wore Chucks, but you know you did the fat laces. That's when it became a West Coast thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, La Man in eighty eight, right, everybody in Long Beast is wearing Dickies, dog T shirt Dickies.
Speaker 1: It was like a uniform, you know, or a wife beater.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and winter time of Pendleton penalty, know what I'm saying, The penalty and the Beanie Penleman Beanie and some looks.
Speaker 1: So, y'all generation is the generation that made that happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of stuff came up in my generation. I like to call us the crack generation.
Speaker 2: Well, because remember that that started empowering. You know, money, give you a bigger voice, Oh yeah, for sure, make you feel good about yourself too. I told you what my biggest influence was. I came to California to play football, though, but I think even more so, I came out here to become like Ice T. I saw him.
Speaker 3: That album cover did something to me because I remember the homeboy letting me hear and I heard six in the Morning, right, and I listened to the whole album. We just stood outside on his stoop listening to the whole album. And I looked at that album covered. Man, how he had he was with his homeboy man, and he had a bad brad man and this, you know, I'm like, that's his money, man, and you know he a ball. I'm listening to it. I'm like, man, I'm gonna go out there, man, I'm gonna get me a bad like Scott Man, I'm gonna get me a bank roll. I'm gonna get me a page and a silk suit like you got. I'm I don't know, man, I got a green silk suit.
Speaker 1: Dog. I'm still trying to find that silk suit to this day. Dog. A silk suit. Yeah, silk suit dog. Now, that's for sure Baby Boomers.
Speaker 2: So gen X, that's the exact gen gen X is sixty five to eighty. Yeah, you're right outside of culturally, that was the most culturally rich era when it comes to street urban culture as far as the black space, right, that is where yo, that's where New York. That's where the teams come from. That's where the lingo, the son be kid, that's where that culture comes.
Speaker 1: From, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: And if you think about it, that is what the world knows everybody from people born in that era, the culture that they that they really kind of created and defined. Even though Crippen was started by the baby boomers, right, it wasn't really.
Speaker 1: What it was until jen Next got their hands on it. For sure.
Speaker 2: It's probably again because dope became a thing in the eighties, so then the money, you know, could could shine a light on it.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm gonna tell you what dope did more than anything else. G didn't nobody have nothing, especially like in Ohio. Man, when they shut them factories down, a lot of people's pops lost jobs.
Speaker 1: You know, we asked you a question. You told me that before. You told me. You know your uh uh, your.
Speaker 2: Mom, husband and your pops that raised you, not necessarily your uh your other pops.
Speaker 1: That you know daddies. Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, forgive me, You're forgive me. You're right, uh, Willie. Now you're telling me Will lost his job? What year was that.
Speaker 3: Will lost his remember? Proudly? Yeah, I do remember. I do remember eighty eighty four. Was he one of the last people before the factories? Like do you remember the first person? You remember that he was one of the last people because they started the year before laying people off slowly. Then if you came like a thing and they were, yeah, they were what it was. Wouln't nobody get a phone call at home like or you're fired or letter in the mail. No, you just show up for work with your lunch box and they call you. Hey, you look at your board to see where you're going that day. We need y'all over there, you see a group of people come. You hear some people and they gone, you know what I mean. My post was one of the last people in the building. He actually helped, you know, take some of the machinery apart. And I think, man, they had told him if he moved to Detroit. I think there was a it was a time. I remember we was talking about moving to Detroit for a minute, and I don't know what happened to it is we had just bought a house over there, So I don't know if economically would have made since because my mama she was going to school, she was going to I think Cleveland, if I'm not correct me if I'm wrong, either, Kyle, she was one of Cleveland state dog to get her stuff for because she was a dietitian. And it's like our life had kind of changed broad for the better. Once she got a job as a dietitian. She was over the whole like she was over the whole like Cleveland clinic. Right, she was on the whole Cleveland clinic, right over the whole cleanic Cleveland clinic. And that was a good job, right because I remember her and her homegrew on the phone.
Speaker 1: Believe it or not.
Speaker 3: She was making I think eighteen dollars an hour, and back then that was like life changing money. And my pops had always had a gig though, because he was a dude that was always fixing on the raggedy ass car, fixing somebody's refixed rate because you remember the hood, we don't buy new stuff.
Speaker 2: Refrigerator break, You fixed that motherfucker. Well that's the cornerstone of culture, you know what I'm saying. Culture, Like most people don't know, Like Italian people called like what we call spaghetti sauce, they call that gravy. Gravy, yeah right, they and talking to Pete, shout out to Peak telling me that the inception of it is taking the old vegetables that was going bad or had just went bad, and all the spoiled stuff. Putting it in a pot is how they got spaghetti sauce.
Speaker 3: Yeah, put some posta in it, you know, because it was cheap. You know what I'm saying, feeling You ever noticed now you eat spaghetti and you get full, because that's what it was.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: And so my pops, when he lost his job, yeah, impacted this. But my pops was always a hupster. My Pops always had a bank roll and a cigarette and a cigar in his mouth.
Speaker 1: One pocket.
Speaker 3: He had a bank roll, he had a cigar in his mouth, and the twenty two in his waist. That's what he was.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying to.
Speaker 2: My big brother, Camel just popped on the pot. We don't really have a We don't really have a visual component to no selings because I'm so overtly production productive, consign when it comes to what I put out visually. But this is all audio. So to bring you up the speed, big bro. He was talking to mac Ten and I was telling mac Ten. We were talking specifically about where Dre was at culturally, right, and I was saying, Dre, doctor Dre grew up at a time that Compton wasn't quite the Compton that everybody celebrated. That's he didn't grow up in that era and celebrated may not be the right word, but the era that everybody knows of Compton, right, Doctor Dre grew up in Compton. Doctor Dre is a baby boomer generation wise, right, he's the last of the baby boomer boomers in sixty three. So it's like sometimes when I think like he struggles when he talks to me about culture, how you feel about certain things is because culturally, he didn't grow up in the era that defined what we see hip hop as when especially when it comes to the West coast, right, it's like their era was more emulating the avenues, the businessmen. You know, even at last he is right, like the original crips like Tooki and Raymond are baby boomers, right, they are leather jackets, nice hats, hard bottom shoes, five oh ones, you know, like they looked at that as fresh.
Speaker 1: And y'all era, right.
Speaker 2: Which would be Gen X sixty five to nineteen eighty, that really became the phenomenon around the world. Now, they created the titles to it, and they gave it an attitude. But the thing that became a cultural phenomenon, a renaissance to say, in art and different things through the music, is the era that y'all created. How y'all took what they were doing and then they went to the next level. Now I'm not associating you. I keep trying to tell people this. They struggle to understand this. The thing that's happened in La is not It doesn't belong to gangs gangs are just a group of people. So you see the movement. But dickies is a common street thing. Dickies with a crease and chucks our standard for everybody that was poor living in this street or coach your lifestyle. It doesn't gangs didn't come up and say, hey, this is our uniform. It didn't make this. It just became something that everybody poor in the ghetto would do. And then gangs are just a movement of it. So people seeing a lot of people doing it. But Cam who you know, you wouldn't consider nowhere near a gang member, even though I would, right, But he.
Speaker 1: Dressed the same way. It's just how people dress.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: It was the movement of people. It's like, okay, this is what's fresh if you don't got a bunch of money. And to people who add that start getting money. Do you know all the illegal means that became opportunities in the eighties, You feel me They was wearing it too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It was just about, like you said, being fresh on a budget, you know, looking looking fresh as you can with and and like like with T shirts and khakis and all that. This it's just about being clean.
Speaker 1: You know. We prided ourselves and being looking clean, looking fresh.
Speaker 5: Even if you have money, you wasn't You wasn't trying to wear We didn't really I don't even know. We knew about no Rodale drive type clothes that ain't that was like disco clothes to us something. So we wasn't really trying to even dress like that. It was more, like you said, just looking as fresh as you can on a on a budget, which turned out to be like soldier, you know, it just it just looked I mean, I don't know, because it used to be straight legs, tight jeans. It wasn't like these leotard like like skin like what they're doing now. But they used to have like sassoon and was fitted. Yeah, it was fitted. It was it was straight leg you know what I'm saying. But it just was about being fresh. You just clean. Your shoes had to be clean. Everything had to be new. So that's even if it was kind of cheap, you know, we were still looking for for name brand cheek, name brand Pumas or or Nikes or something.
Speaker 1: They just had to be fresh. That's my favorite word. Clean. Long was that shit clean? You know what I mean? So like.
Speaker 2: I always try to explain this to people culturally, right, like culture, you know, especially in America, really always ninety ninety five percent of the time come from poor people because everybody else can adopt tradition, like'll they'll do something to celebrate something, but they have the option to do everything versus where like is it fair to say like there was a standard, like like here's the standard like where y'all grew up right in North Section, whereas like this is the standard of being clean.
Speaker 5: Yeah, clean as the majority is poor. So it's still about the majority the masses are poor. So how clean can you be on the lower class you know level? That was our status that you know, no matter where you go, Like cleanliness is golly next to goliness. The girls like if your shoes is clean, the girls like, if your your outfit is clean, you just had to be clean.
Speaker 1: You just had to be clean.
Speaker 3: Clean, had your stuff stark stuffing, see a little bit off subject. It closed in eighty two. It made me look at it dog Fisher Body. That's where my pops worked at Fisher Body. It was General Motors shut down. The eighty two seventeen hundred jobs lost.
Speaker 2: What if you look you look at the Midwest, Black Midwest, I call it black Midwest America or black Middle America. When they took away those factories, you know what I mean, and not took away that's probably not a fair word. When they decided to pursue cheap labor. You know who was the president who like it had to be some tax laws to make them rich.
Speaker 3: White people say, we didn't go pay these Reagan, that was Riggan back then, wasn't.
Speaker 5: The camp Yeah, that was Ford Gerald Ford and Carter and Reagan and stuff like that and what and what in the eighties.
Speaker 1: Early eighties, so we were talking.
Speaker 5: About these was with Jimmy Carter, Jimmy Carter, Jimmy Carter and then Ronald Reagan.
Speaker 1: The reason Jimmy.
Speaker 3: Jimmy Carter was decent. I think what it was g was the pursuit of cheap labor man because I remember, oh, you know he talked against them company shutting down. But man, it really impacted the neighborhood. Is like you said, seventeen hundred jobs, damn it. The whole hood worked there.
Speaker 2: But that's the same thing happened to Detroit at a higher thing in the bigger city. I mean, and again the reason I was saying that is because it's like when I listened, I watched this shout out to the homie cav.
Speaker 1: Mac from SIXAU.
Speaker 2: He got this really great channel cab Mac videos, and it's like to me, like being a crib is one thing, but understanding what crippen is about from his essence, so you could write it the way you want it is more important than everything you knew.
Speaker 1: Here, Bro, we should get Millie Mail to come here.
Speaker 2: He man, Yeah, but this ain't that kind of conversation. Male is supposed to come up here too. But the reason I'm saying that is because how could you say you're a crip and you don't know who the first crip is?
Speaker 1: How could you say you're a crip or say cousin you don't know where it comes from? You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Don't get me wrong, It's innate, but eventually, like as a man, right, you want to study your family, Like wait a minute, what is this? Like I would ask pluck questions that you gotta be like, let me call on them older niggas.
Speaker 1: I question, why do crips call each other cubs? It's a dude named James. That was his name. James Cuz James Cus Robinson. That's that's crazy.
Speaker 2: When you laughing, remember these as kids. It's not somebody asked me the other day. They said glasses. So you're saying being a crip is not the most negative thing. I'm like, being a crip is standard where he comes from. It is not negative or positive. They got way more negative shit, and they got way The only positive group of black people I've ever came into contact with is not like a shout out to the brothers that that after Greek attorneities at school. But I wouldn't consider them because they too extra and boogie and they don't let all the other brothers in the only organization. And I'm not saying it because he's here. Y'all heard me say this before. Is the nation is lone. They only want her to take the worst brother and make him the best brother. That's the only thing can make you good a great for a long time across the country. Yeah, if you got to start with a nigga at here, you ain't really special. Anybody could clean up a nigga in college.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Forgive me all my the Greek brothers that listen to this podcast. But you know what I mean, Like the nigga at six, you take him to ten.
Speaker 1: You got some jobs. Nigga at usc nigga, I bet you could clean him up. How the fuck you get here?
Speaker 2: But shout out to pair Cod, shout out to Elijah Muhammad, shout out to shout out to that that pegging order of taking niggas that's at one.
Speaker 1: How you taking nigga from one to ten? You know what I'm saying. But if you take somebody from one to.
Speaker 2: Think about You've seen your whole life outside of being a brother from the community. But you ain't never been no no, no drug addict or no alcoholic to no. Really, I'm sure you didn't tried some once or twice in your life growing up. But think about the type of brothers. This thing that cleaned up that we call the nation Islam.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: You know what's crazy? See you ever know this man, when you have a homie go to prison right from the neighborhood. All the brothers that found Islam in prison came home when they stayed out of prison, Brothers that didn't seem like find Islam. It was a high level of recidive vision. They all went back. I think, man, the Nation of Islam has done a great job with reforming black men and black men in this country.
Speaker 1: Man, that's what I just said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said I wouldn't consider I wouldn't consider cripping anti Nation of Islam. I think it's like standard, you know what I mean. It's like you could be good or bad the game. You could be either one and can't nobody stop you. Now, I do know one or two organizations. You can't be nothing but bad, like they not going.
Speaker 1: For nothing good.
Speaker 2: And I think there's this belief when it comes to game banging that's pushing you to be bad.
Speaker 1: And it's not.
Speaker 2: I'll give I'll give my older homies a lot of credit. I'll give older homies out my whole section, whether it's from Pj's car for anybody mona red Boy shout out to allder homies, older homies. I know, Uh, if you're gonna be a great student, they're gonna push you that way. If you're gonna be a great athlete, they gonna push you that way.
Speaker 1: If I if I.
Speaker 2: Had my mind then, if I have my mind now, back then they would have paid for me to go to college, like the same thing that made me start selling dope for a time, that pursuit. I could have went to Pluck Moon Man and say, hey, man, I got accepted to a ZUSA Pacific. I can't, like, I don't know how to do scholarships. You know, my mom is prison at this time. I don't know how to fill out these papers. Man, could y'all cover my first year? I'm telling you still, people could say I'm crazy.
Speaker 1: They would have paid for it.
Speaker 3: I don't doubt that, man, because you know what, I think that standard almost man in every black community. We kind of encouraged. We kind of encouraged tailor in the neighborhoods. I know, I played football. They made sure I kind of stayed the course. You feel what I'm saying. They made sure I kind of stayed the course. Like you know, you had some homies that boxed. They made sure they stayed at the course. They made sure they was in the gym doing their thing.
Speaker 1: You had.
Speaker 3: The music wasn't around yet, but anything positive somebody was doing it was very much encouraged. Now, if the homie that boxed, he might have been the front line dude in the neighborhood too. If it's going down. He definitely getting called the dough. I had size, so I was called to go. But once I started playing for the vill it was like, no, don't call him, let him go. You know he might be something one day. Because you proud of your community, man, everybody else you see how I ain't. Man, I've been in the West Coast longer than I was in Cleveland. Man.
Speaker 1: You see, I'm still proud of Cleveland. I always go hold with the land down. That's what poverty do. It give you pride and some shit that's crazy. You'd be like, I'm proud.
Speaker 2: I go to watch I draw it around. I'd be like, man, I'm proud. I go hang out, go to the Peace store, I go get me something. I'll be standing outside like I'm in Beverly fucking Hills. Yeah, I'll be like what's up And they'd be like, what's up, Jim, And I'd be like, what's up with y'all? And well, I stop at Ace High like I love it. You know, it's something to be proud of it. Some people think of it as negative. Like I was trying to explain this to somebody, they'd be like, well, why is people I was on spaces and they said, why, why is your people proud to go to jail. I'm like, they're not proud they went to jail. They are proud that they were accountable enough to not tell on nobody and they survived this traumatic experience without their family. And you could tell that white man had never heard nothing like that. And I'm like, even if they can't articulate it, I'm telling you the source of pride. Now, there are some crazy people that can do their own thing, but I'm telling.
Speaker 1: You, I think they was proud to go through jail, not go to jail.
Speaker 3: No, No, I've heard a few people brag about being this yet man, he was only on the level one. He wasn't on a level two yard like me. I don't heard people say that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's because they're saying, like, it's more traumatic in these spaces that I survived.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what you go through, it's about what you went through, not not not the fact that I'm proud to go to jail.
Speaker 1: I'm proud that I went through jail. I went through that right of passage, that manhood that.
Speaker 3: That I've even heard of. Man, the where I've heard a few homies say that when they was kids, they kind of couldn't wait to go to jail because that was like a right of passage all almost. And I think that's crazy.
Speaker 2: We programmed, but that's not a pro It's an ignorant mind that don't quite understanding what people. People are proud of being put in a situation. I would never judge a kid that he's ignorant and think that's what it's about.
Speaker 1: He don't know, you know what I mean. It's a kid.
Speaker 2: But when you get grown, that ain't some shit. Once you pass twenty, you be saying, once you get past twenty, you do not be like, yeah, I need to go to jail when you're a kid, yeah, you kind of. Your father is there, your mother's there, friends went there, so you be like, shit, well if I'm gonna go through it, I'm gonna go through it.
Speaker 1: Like you don't. You know, you're not conceding what the cost is.
Speaker 2: And it's not a fault, you know, I mean, it's just these environments were raised in where you know, people go there and you see people get a lot of respect.
Speaker 1: But now I'm giving you why the respect is the respect?
Speaker 2: The respect is because you could have told you could have chosen a less accountable path to deal with this, and you could have shamed yourself. You could have figured out a way to not have that accountability. Like, there's a couple of things that it's fair to say. Like it's fair to say Karen on if you don't take care of your kids. It's kind of found that.
Speaker 3: Like if people know you have kids, you don't take your kids, people look at you look crazy. You don't want to be known as no dead be that's universal. I don't even mess with people. I don't even miss associated with dudes who don't take care of their kids.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying I think these are things that when we have these cultural conversations, they're not talked about. I think people think that there's some kind of pride and just killing people. Like if you just around killing people, that's cool. It's not like if if you're a soldier and everybody see you a soldier in this army and y'all worn with that other army. Yeah, there's a pride in how you you live your soldier life. It is a respect for you if you out there in the middle of this war that you, your community and this other community have going on poverty makes your world shrink. I mean, like one thing I realized I could say this honestly, like growing up in our session, it make your world shrink, like shout out told Livia rest of sou My mom made sure I've seen a million things. She did not let me just be stuck in company watch I was. I had already went to Beverly Hills because she's a registered nurse, you know what I mean, doing home care for termally ill patience. I watched young gay white men, rich white young gay men dying of AIDS in the eighties. And I'm talking about real age, not the New age where everybody survived and his medicine. I'm talking about when age used to leave legions on your skin. What did it look like, g silver dollars, the size of silver dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, it was it was you know what I mean. I had AIDS first hit the community.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: I had a cousin that died of age.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: She got it because her husband was animophiliac and he got it from Kaiser. It was funny. It ain't funny, it was crazy.
Speaker 3: Is her husband is still alive and she died I think in ninety five ninety six, her husband still like they has a new family, that kids and everything, no trace to virus in his body. They sue Kyser gave them three million dollars, which I thought was a crime. I was like, three million dollars, y'all have ruined their life. It really messed with her, like she refused treatment and everything. She couldn't just get past it, you know. But her husband, he had whatever he did man. Actually, Kim, I think he might have joined the nation, m change his everything, man and just wanted to live, you know. Tried to get her to make some change. She wasn't having it.
Speaker 1: I don't want to make this a commercial for the nation. I'm not saying this because you're here. You know me. You know I don't do I don't give nothing, big bro. I love you you.
Speaker 2: My heart is soul nod. But I ain't telling you nothing extra or somebody don't believe man with them brothers is able.
Speaker 1: What they know about food and stuff matters. And it's crazy. How I remember I was asking Kim on the like how.
Speaker 2: Did they do it? He like glasses, They do it through your diet, and I thought that was so crazy, Like how are you gonna fix everything through y'all.
Speaker 1: He ain't lying like you would think. How we eat in them communities.
Speaker 2: It is not the source of a lot of our It is the source probably of about eighty percent of our problem.
Speaker 1: More than that. Ninety ninety up ninety plus ninety plus.
Speaker 3: About this, Think about this. When you went to next Delhi, that was the corner liquor store in my neighborhood. You know, Deli's back then had the actual deli department that where you can go get a dollars worth of bolognay, dollars worth of sauce meat and all that they sold. Pigs eating the jar. It's probably been sitting in the jar for a whole year or whatever, you know.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying, And people still ask here for mile on Wilmington and the larger pig feet.
Speaker 5: You know, you're eating all that.
Speaker 1: Type of stuff. I don't even know what sauce meat was to this day, both but I know it tasted good. Was some crackit kill That house sounds meat. So what I want to tell me?
Speaker 2: What I want to ask you, big bro. It's gonna be an odd question for you, but you're the right person to ask all right.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Obviously we still got to deal with the level of poverty, right, limited resources, the oppression. Right, Where do you think culturally things went wrong? Now this is gonna sound crazy because it's such a broad question. Obviously you can have the traditional white but or they should have never sold judge. But you understand how poor people get. They can't see the future, they can't see the curve.
Speaker 1: They didn't know what was gonna be what.
Speaker 2: But not having today's mind, but put yourself back in you know, when you're you know, fourteen to fifteen in the mid eighty sometimes right, Or do you think something went wrong like culturally for this La Street urban culture.
Speaker 5: I think it was always wrong because of the lack of information education, you know that like trades and all that.
Speaker 1: Once they start getting rid of.
Speaker 5: Know self self sufficient, you know, stuff to make us self sufficient where we can actually make a living for ourselves.
Speaker 1: So not not how we were targeted, because I you know, I'm a more specific. So where did we choose to go wrong? Is that what you mean? I think.
Speaker 2: If one thing that we was like because you you saw it, you saw's happened you all some of these things happen they you saw the cultural things happen. So you're a part of the choice, not game game banging is pre pre you is Boomer era, right.
Speaker 1: This this Jenet come out.
Speaker 2: Where do you feel like, Yeah, we could have made the right, We should have made the left when we made the right right here culturally.
Speaker 1: That we had we had control, not not the things that happened to us, but that we had control. Not making this a commercial for the nation.
Speaker 5: But you know in the in the sixties when when the black consciousness and unity was really going strong and we was we was you know, separating so to speak, meaning building our own like how we had pressure out of slavery with Rosewood and Black Wall Street, like we was getting back to that through the nation. But then you know, it was a it was a new agenda of uh drugs and free pre se x like in the seventies. There's a lot of stuff that the the so called governmental aspects of the government of FBI or jager Hoover that they started offering to us in the form of welfare and wick and whatever.
Speaker 1: You know, they saw. So you saw that, Yeah, so you can remember a time when that wasn't wait a minute, yeah, you might be to remember a time that wasn't a thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I remember real black family structures, you know what I'm saying. I remember, you know when there was it was jobs, you know what I'm saying, especially like you know, like in Detroit, detail Like you know, all our grandparents if you if you fifty or fifty years old or older, I'm fifty five, then you remember either your parents or your especially your grandparents, all all the grandfathers, you know what I'm saying, had had like industry jobs or you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: They knew a trade, They knew how to provide for their family.
Speaker 5: Even if they had three and four families across town, they were still providing for them. But it wasn't until the government changed the script and started playing you know, that whole integration thing and equal equal opportunity, and they made it look like it was a good thing. So we could abandon doing for self and you know, abandon your own community, you know, black unity and black economics and black education. We wanted to be a part of American the American dream, and we bid at that. So the nation was pushing separation. But then the government and they little minions and agents was pushing integration.
Speaker 1: Which is kind of like, that's Martin Luther King sixty seven, I've been to the mountaintop. Yeah.
Speaker 5: But then that's why they got rid of him, because he said, I fear that I integrated my people into.
Speaker 1: A burning house, and I ain't with that no more, and then they got rid of him.
Speaker 2: It's my favorite Martin Luther King's speech. Yeah, that church right before he died in Memphis. The speech is called I've been to the mountaintop.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So he became the number one anti such and such too. After that he got like I think a week huh, then he got knocked off like a week. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And that's right after he met with about a month after or maybe a few weeks after he met with Donado Elijah Muhammad, and they came to agreement, and you know, yeah, there's pictures with them shaking hands and sitting down, and you know, they wanted to know what they was talking about, and you know, Martin Luther King wouldn't tell them, you know, even though they was evedropping, but they wouldn't tell the public. And right after that he had that I haven't I mean, I've been to the mountaintop. I might not get there with you. But I'm not fearing any man and all that that's after you, you Muhammad. Yeah. So after that, they offered, you know, they threw money and fame and positions and all of that at at our community. And you know, it looked like the nation failed because nineteen seventy five, you know, the unrealizing Mohamad departed, looked like he was dead and the nation fell.
Speaker 1: So it wasn't no no leader quote unquote leadership of.
Speaker 5: That, you know, going on no more. So everybody went their own ways and that's that was the beginning of the end as far as us choosing the wrong choices as a as a community.
Speaker 1: So when we lost the feeling of us, yeah to be we wanted to be a part of y'all. Yeah, I mean freshing. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So it was black was everything that's James Brown everything, black consciousness.
Speaker 1: That was all you know, from the influence of.
Speaker 5: Donad Reelijah Muhammad and the Nation events, like everybody was down with the nation.
Speaker 1: Even that's what Jesse Jackson all that was this nation time?
Speaker 5: What time is it?
Speaker 1: Nation time? Nation time? Like everybody was riding with the nation.
Speaker 5: They didn't necessarily claim to be Muslim, but they was all sympathizer, they were all supporters, They was all on that page.
Speaker 1: But it was It wasn't until it looked like the Nation.
Speaker 5: Fell when Unu Realija Muhammad de party in nineteen seventy five.
Speaker 1: Then everything went to shit show and they started offering people opportunities, naming stars, and at that same time they swapped out Black Consciousness for the startup.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and keep in mind it is jag Hoover atbi co, intil Pro and CIA all the way in the mix. So because right after that, the spin off after that was basically the Panther Party, you know what I'm saying, right, you know, that was actually right you know, late sixties, mid sixty late sixties, after Malcolm X got assassinated.
Speaker 1: So those of us that wasn't with that.
Speaker 5: Necessarily spiritual discipline and that discipline and not picking up arms, you know, guns and all that and self defense like that, they you know, they did the Nation, I mean, the Black Panther thing. So that was very easily infiltrated by you know, by the coin tailpro and that's how they wiped them out. But it all, it all went down after the Elijah Muhammad departed, so.
Speaker 1: Damn yeah. So you've really seen a birth of like welfare to some degree. Oh yeah, absolutely, And what it did to our women's mind, what it did to our.
Speaker 5: The males respect and self esteem, what it did to for the disrespect of children towards the fathers. You know what I'm saying. Because everybody was like, well, I'm gonna go along with this program. I gotta stay out. I gotta stay out the way. It can't make it look like I'm living here with the with the with my children, my own women and my children. So it turned into a three Z old four grab. It was like a three or old four. We thought we was finessing the system, but we was just finessing our own man who our own family structure.
Speaker 1: So this is kind of what gave too much power to gaining. Absolutely absolutely, because.
Speaker 2: You know, the thinking about it, seventy five is when it really boomed boom. It didn't really boom to the eighties, but when it starts splitting up, it start being kind of what we see it today. Ass that's around the same time, that's whenzing Mom had passed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, he didn't pass you know that he departed from among us.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So but it was that green light that the enemy, that the you know, the enemy aspect of this government, you know, pushed the line real hard and went after us on the full cointael pro program and started gassing our women up and offering them you know, women's lib.
Speaker 1: And and you know, equality and this and that.
Speaker 5: So that's like, uh yeah, the concept of just like in uh, if you into the Bible in Genesis, the snake came at Eve. He ain't come at Adam. The snake knew to get at Eve because Eve is naturally under the authority of her man, you know what I'm saying. So, and I'm inspiring insight, jealousy or envy of your your your natural black authority.
Speaker 1: And you could be equal with God. You know, you ain't got to be under God. You ain't got to be under that your man. You can be equal with your man. So they start pushing that and using their.
Speaker 5: Dollars in their media and all of that to gas our women up like we don't need them, okay, And that was the beginning of the end, and that that instilled the disrespect and the disregard and the children for you know, for the black man, for they, you know, So we grew up single, you know, in single mama households.
Speaker 1: Already know nothing about already black man problems.
Speaker 5: So that's why you know, niggas rebuilding and went to gangs and the homies and hanging out and all.
Speaker 1: That, because we was taught a disrespect or even a hatred for for our our viles for black men. Yeah, still you remember you you right there with cameras that do you remember kind of welfare because you would have to be really young, But do you remember welfare becoming a thing like where it ran rampant in Cleveland? Because I would imagine the version was always around.
Speaker 2: The version of Cleveland I saw is not the version of Cleveland. We was joking the other day, but I was thinking, the version of Cleveland I saw is not always the version of Cleveland you grew up with. Like that version of Cleveland probably started happening as you start coming into your teenage years, the one that that felt like it was a despair, where like there was no way the factory wasn't around to keep all the businesses open so everybody could have money support the local businesses. So you probably saw that happen because I can't imagine Cleveland was like that in the sixties or in the seventies, like the version I saw that felt like all the businesses were closed and all this.
Speaker 3: You know what, Cleveland always had an element of griminess to it, but it wasn't as grimy as it was when the plants and stuff got shut shut down and people start, you know, losing jobs and stuff. But I'm gonna tell you where it really got bad when when crack hit the community. We always had a heroin problem, right, but it seemed like it's that kind of dissipated the crack stuff, you know, the crack came in and uh, I remember that.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: We had generations of people that was on welfare, man, and everybody kind ofknew. But everybody, everybody in every household was spending food stamps store somehow somewhere, even if they wasn't on welfare, you was, you know, your mama go buy some food stamps from somebody. So, yeah, people have bought food stamps, that's right. That's in the eighties. Shoot, yeah, in the eighties. Yeah, Because I remember, man, my mama, well, how at one of her friends and I think she give her one hundred dollars and we mess around to get one hundred and eighty dollars in food stamp for something. And I know, I hated when my mama sent me to the store of food stamp.
Speaker 1: So I remember that girl.
Speaker 3: Man, Yeah, I remember my mama sent me to the store one day, man, and she pulled like some twenties out her purse and then she when they got them food stamp, said go up here and get me this, you know, a.
Speaker 1: Half pound in this, some of this and that. And I was like, dang.
Speaker 5: And this girl.
Speaker 3: She was following me around the store. It seemed like, man, So I'm moved in one line, then I moved to other. She was behind me and this lady. The thing was like, this lady, the thing was like, don't be embarrassed to spend these food stamps all out. I was so embarrassed.
Speaker 5: Man, I can't remember the movie. You remember the movie Claudine, right with James L. Jones Rest in Peace and Diane Carroll Claudine g oh Man, that's a classic.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I'm just now getting into movies from the seventies and sixties. I've never in my life really got into movies from the seventies and sixties till probably over the last two years.
Speaker 5: Tonight, when you get off, watch the movie Claudein with James Jo Jones and Diane Carroll. That's nineteen seventy four. Nineteen seventy four. That's talking about.
Speaker 2: We said, Diane Carroll, you know what I automatically think about, and it's probably not right, but I think of money talk when Chris Tucker was talking about the Italian singer that married Diane Carroll.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, but that's her because she was BOSD. She used to being back. They talked about like but on the movie Claudine to let you know, that's the beginning of of you know, that was in the b exploitation film era, but that was telling you the cultural where the cultural you know, went to that whole welfare system and how you couldn't have a man in the house.
Speaker 1: Watch the movie.
Speaker 5: Clauding Everybody that's that's that's watching this, go check out the movie Clauding In.
Speaker 1: And that's the beginning of it. That's the mid early mid seventies. That's when that.
Speaker 5: That's when the whole culture changed. You know what I'm saying, into that whole welfare system, depending on the government.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: So here's here's odd question. Now, you you would have for sure been a kid, you would have been not even a teenager.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. How did this is gonna be odd? Forgive me, I don't know. How did watch change? You know what I mean? When cracking?
Speaker 2: What was it like before versus you starting to now see different homies, different people's parents becoming You've seen the environment change, what like, how did that change happen versus when you was.
Speaker 1: Growing up to then? Yeah, a teenager, it was pride. It was pride.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about righteous pride. It was Black pride, it was consciousness. It was education. Like back then, white schools and and even compon schools like Willard Brook and Centennial and all of that, they was known for, like especially like Willerbrook Middle School, they was known for.
Speaker 1: Being like the highest rank you know, educational.
Speaker 5: You know, like because white people used to live there, you know what I'm saying. So, so it was still it was still honorable. It was still like like highly ranked in the whole state, you know what I'm saying. So it was a lot of brilliant you know, students and teachers and all of that that was in these schools mark them and and you know, so the quality was up, the quality the quality of of of pride and the quality.
Speaker 1: Of health and family and community and shit.
Speaker 5: It was it was fresh off the black you know, the civil rights or not civil rights, but you know, the black consciousness moving civil rights.
Speaker 2: That's it's not that far so, right when civil rights movement is mid sixties, late sixties. Yeah, yeah, sixties, the whole sixties. So it's fresh off of that. Yeah, after that, we stresh off of that.
Speaker 5: So some people it's going a non violent way trying to integrate, but other people is trying to stay separated and build. But still that was all based on black consciousness, you know what I'm saying. But once the dope came in, you know, it really has started with in my opinion, it started with the the free love like you know what I'm saying, you know, like soul trained, like they start working on the culture through huh yeah, a black hippie life. Yeah, the hippies is the drug. It's free love, free sex, and free love. In the seventies, the Age of Aquarius, the age of the Quers. Now that's when soul trained. You know, you start seeing more mini skirts and you know, seeing freaking and all that kind of stuff. So the Hollywood and the media started promoting more moral, more party three behavior, Yeah, promiscuous behavior, and it was looking like it was getting rewarded, and it was what we was always fascinated about doing anyway, So they was hyping our our immorality. They was promoting our immorality and rewarding us for it. And then, like I say, you had all the blaxploitation films like Nolamite and all of that. So media had a huge part to do with our degeneration. We got programmed, we got his wife's called programming. We got programmed and rewarded at the same time, and next thing, you know, everybody was doing it.
Speaker 2: M I always say, like, that's the same thing with Game ban Like most people didn't know what it was, and they gave you this kind of like Colored had fifteen minutes of gang banging in the movie, right in a two hour movie about police. But somehow this movie influenced a bunch of that's scary when you.
Speaker 5: Think it's called colors. You know, Game Bangin't had nothing to do with colors, especially it's called Color. The movie called colors like blue and red.
Speaker 1: Yes, but that's how people think s.
Speaker 2: One of the hardest thing to do is each other brothers that grew up other ghettos around this country.
Speaker 1: That it's not about blue and red.
Speaker 2: It's almost like, I'm like, y'all cannot think that it would be this dumb, whereas like, oh he's wearing red, I'm going to kill him. It's like it means something way more and way deeper, like there's something happening here. But they like nau Gio Crips that the crazy problem, like the crips, And it's like, bro, I don't even know that era of what you're talking about when you say the crips, right like you saw that. Matter of fact, you probably don't remember that version of the crips the time. You could probably consciously see the split happening amongst these people. They was already separated, like Carver, you know, teen Mona was already a thing by that point. I don't think none of us is even y'all generation, right, remember the crips. Like that's how probably still thought about it, coming from Cleveland, where it's like, oh, the crips.
Speaker 1: Then he came to Long Beach and was like, Okay, now these dudes are separate.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't even think I don't even remember when they start really saying crips because they were just saying cuz.
Speaker 1: Like you know what I'm saying, We were saying cuz. We weren't saying crips like we crip. That was the thing.
Speaker 3: When I first came out here, I noticed everybody along Beach State wasn't even their name. Everybody was cuzed because fat cuz skinny cuz.
Speaker 1: Yeah they were. We wouldn't even say that this this crip like nigga, this crip like it was like this this cuzcuz mo. We just like cozmo, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah back, So yeah, so it turned into something else because of the media. The media, I'm telling you, I can't underestimate the cultural influences that or the trends or whatever that the media co intail pro these these you know, I ain't gonna say Rainbow or small cap or whatever. But whoever it is controlled that owns and controls the Hollywood, whoever created Hollywood, them the ones that made us, the buffoons and the sambos and the big eye watermelon eating like that that made us, you know, like we had bones in our nose swinging in Africa and we were savage. It's whoever controlled the media is what who programs the you know the minds of the people. So if they want us to paint a certain narrative, narrative, they're gonna do it through their media.
Speaker 1: And that's that's what been happening.
Speaker 5: Colors was absolutely never how we looked at that, you know, but just saying and this ain't no difs to iced tea, salute ice tea. You know what I'm saying, that's my g But but he was more telling them what they wanted to hear, like like.
Speaker 1: You know, based off the film. Yeah, with a little nuance. Well, I would say, because you know, I'm I'm I was there, so to speak.
Speaker 5: So I would say, like Robert Townsend movie with Chen Ivy, Hollywood scheff right, more more, jives more more more, you know, some some stupid trivial like blue and blue and red your colors it's about colors.
Speaker 2: They ain't got it, so you just you just given colors. The song Colors ain't really about colors, but but it's called colors. The fact that it's called colors. That's the biggest programming right there, because now that's the title of it. And now the low Now yeah, that's the definition of that. That's the definition of gang banging to them, Now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they like Colors.
Speaker 2: You know what's funny when when I listen to how great that song is, and you right, the title does kind of give the misleading that this is when you listen to the words of how brilliant has written him describing the plights of to me, your generation, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like this is the mind state of the of the people going through the most, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Whereas like brother god like because you know their mother wasn't on crack ice tea and the moms ice t is born in fifty eight, so they're they're from So he was really to me describing the plight of the following generation.
Speaker 1: I agree. Get me, when I came out here, she didn't want me to come. Seeah, I agree with with that. But just the fact, like I said, the title and the hook.
Speaker 5: So no matter what he was saying, he's still programming the unknown, those that don't know because people that really was banging or whatever, they're just gonna go along with like they know he wasn't banged out like that. So but but you said us colors like you're drilling that ship into their head.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: You know what's a you know what's a a great modern version of that song. And I tell people all the time, gangs is PREADI.
Speaker 1: Coolio, yeah, coolie.
Speaker 2: I love how they described the life of that to me, a person that's in way too deep because colors the person in extremely deep, you know what I mean? My brother got shot, my mama's my brother got my mom is on crack like that is a deep life to be in.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It blows my mind. Man, sometimes when I think about it, and I wish I could have saw to watch.
Speaker 5: You saw even with with a with a ice teeth saying, uh, the gangs in l A will never die. Just multiply like that's that's that's programming. That is actually a you know what do you call hypnotic hypnotic suggestions?
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: And it was just so profound. Listen to this, man, I am a nightmare walking cyclepath talking king of my jungle, just against this talking living life like a fire cracker, quick as my fuse vendettas of death black the colors like shoes red or blue because of blood. It's just don't matter. Sucker died for your life with my shotgun scatters the games in LA would never die.
Speaker 1: Just what's crazy is the shotgun?
Speaker 2: That cheap ass gun that was like their gun too, Like I'll be I was reading the book that Tiki wrote, Blu Rays Black Redemption, and they loved him a shotgun?
Speaker 1: But is that is that really?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 1: Is that verse really accurate? Or is that is that Hollywood?
Speaker 5: I think let me, let me, let me lay this, let me let me show you something, because this is what you've been saying all the time, g about how that's not gang that's not gang life, that's not gang bang, that's we're not the nightmares, We're not the you know what I'm saying that if anything, that's talking about the slave masters and how they get down and how they live.
Speaker 1: Because we we want peace, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: We warriors, but we ain't out there stalking like like that's the twenty four seven.
Speaker 1: That's a that's a pure monster. That's like minister society.
Speaker 5: That justifies, that justifies to get the government is sending the National Guardian and wiping us all out in everybody I heard.
Speaker 3: Being a cat coming from Ohio Kim. When I heard this and saw the movie, I remember I was coming to California and my mom didn't want me to go. She was dead saying, she said, they got them crips out there and they're crazy and they're doing this. You go out there with the kill And I was like, Mama, I don't think it's gonna be like that had this image in her mind and it was just gonna be crips walking down the street and it was just gonna be you got on read'na blew your brains up.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 2: Here's something I asked you and you can remember this, and I never asked this in my life. When did watch Shrink? That might be something you could kind of remember. It's close because you wasn't like Watts got really small, but Wats had to be big because I would always read stories where they said Sam Cook died and watched and Sam Cook died like figure Row in like ninety seven.
Speaker 5: So all of that, Yeah, South parts of South Central and Compton was all still considered Watts, right, WATS was a was a.
Speaker 1: It's like a movement. It's a movement. Yeah, it was a movement.
Speaker 5: It had to do with the consciousness, you know what I'm saying of that little part of south central LA. It really wasn't rooted around the projects.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. It is now like it is now. And it also had to do with you know, with the pol tics politics.
Speaker 5: Even right now now they call you know, like they split it up and say this is Willardbrook and this is.
Speaker 1: Such and such, and you know what I'm saying, and this is but.
Speaker 5: How how like I said, from Compton like before it was the one ten Freeway because all of that is where black black you know, actors or black entertainers or you know where like up Central Boulevard and and uh, I mean it's not the central uh from from Avalon, Yeah, from Central all the way like like athen Yeah, yeah, Athens Park all the way up to uh like going all the way towards downtown LA. Like all of that was was considered you know, black affluent. You know, so like low Bottoms was considered like the low so all of that was considered Watts you know what I'm saying, wats was like you said, it was a movement, you know what I'm saying, the consciousness movement, and that really kind of sparked because of the riots, because of the you know, the the rebellion of standing up against the police, because it was already you know, that's what the gangs even started, the cribs, and the and the and the brown berets. Everybody was trying to get their organizations together, a brotherhood to defend them against racist white folks and racist police.
Speaker 1: So Watts had the gold star based off of the sixty three.
Speaker 5: Riots exactly, so everybody wanted to be from Watch, everything was Watts.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Everything that that that that shared that mentality in the surrounding districts or whatever was just considered Watts.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: Then they got, like I said, the politicians political. Then they started drawing out, you know, the literal borders, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Even though it was that, but you know, it just meant something else, just like it's people out of town claiming chickshaw or claiming neighborhood or whatever.
Speaker 1: Like That's how it was around here. Like everybody was like Watch with the three, you know, the Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, even if you're in Compton, even if you some some people, even if they in Long Beach, wherever, wherever black people were.
Speaker 1: That was like the mecca of Los Angeles black consciousness.
Speaker 2: Oh so this is before yeah, because I was realizing black people couldn't really live on the West Side like that for long.
Speaker 5: Nah, you couldn't like that kind is more like a thing in the sixties. Yeah, so Watch was like Harlem. Watch was like the Harlem for Harlem is to New York.
Speaker 3: I knows had the best breakfast place, man, I hey you that man, My boy took me over there. I forget the name of that place, but I had a really good breakfast over there. Y'all know Wat's coffee House.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't remember that when I was younger. Like that, you're talking about women on women, you talk about.
Speaker 2: Talking about the coffee house. It's over the one hundred and third. Oh, I don't really remember that place when I was younger. It was really I got older though, but I don't really want I had some like pancakes over there, man, that really, Like, I want to ask you one.
Speaker 1: Thing, cam like culture, that's culture.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: The nineties was the height against the rep right, and you were sorting the whole thing.
Speaker 1: You know what, you know this peak?
Speaker 3: Right? What was the climate like in LA then? Was it a lot of banging going on? Because I was out here, but I wasn't a part of I was in Long Beach playing football, you know, I really seldom left Long Beach. How was l A Was it a little bit more turnking than it was now?
Speaker 5: Absolutely, like at the early nineties, by the time the nineties here it was, it was at the peak, like eighty four eighty five is when it started climbing.
Speaker 1: But once nineteen ninety hit that that was all bad. It was all bad.
Speaker 5: The full programming had kicked in. The full programming had kicked in.
Speaker 1: I remember that still. I remember that like crazy. I remember being ten in it, being active, Like I remember how crazy it was. And again like remember this is crack money. You can't have a war unless you can finance a war.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so like remember gang bag has started in sixty nine and he's telling you it's not really fully active until roughly twenty some years later, right, because they couldn't finance a war, like, none of them dudes, if gang bags, if crips, starts in sixty nine, right, and mind you blood remember, bloods are not like they're more like a conglomerate of different groups that existed before crips. Right on, the boys that's before crips, the chain gang which became the families before crips, Brims, all of these different things at the park, boys, Piru, street boys. These are before gangs, like the way we see games. So from what I've been able to really decipher is the guys and communities that could they could fight off this uprising of young dudes you know, called the cryps coming to their neighborhood. Those guys kind of got with each other. And that's what you know is bloods like Grims, you know Bonnie and the boys. You know, the families, which is you know, Chang gang like all of these things them was before crips. I know for sure, the Chang Gang at this park boys Bonnie on his day before crips, like their groups, and then they became bloods later.
Speaker 5: Just think of the coen tail pro aspect of that. Why would we need to form other groups against other black men?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: That's why I always look at I always look at knowing what happened to the panthers, knowing what happened to Malcolm in the nation that once that was dissolved and what that looked like that was destroyed, then they gonna they're gonna implement that throughout every little organization of black people, you know, in the country, any and the inner cities like that, especially, says and they warriors. They got a lot of pent up energy and testosterone. They know it's time to fight against the enemy, but they don't know what enemy they're supposed to fight.
Speaker 1: That's why I.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't take That's why I wouldn't take the job because I always felt like like like a like a regular forgive me, and you know.
Speaker 1: This could be one of the things that be a problem. But just scientifically speaking, like.
Speaker 2: A regular vaccine was built off taking a weakened virus and checking in your body and your body formulating the correct white blood cells and all the right stuff to fight it off. It's another thing to take a vaccine that's built on the synthetic representation of the protein, so it's a fake version of the protein that your he won't have to fight anything off, but it formulates the warriors like Camp and if it's warriors, mm hm, they may. That's how my mind always processed why I didn't want to take that. Yeah, well you know you right, bro, it's not I'm not I can't and mathematically speaking, but.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's you Have you ever heard of m k ultra? Yeah, mind control?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you think about this. I learned new stuff every day because I you know, I read a lot to do a lot of research on this stuff. Right, Charles Manson, Whitey Bulger, like Charles Manson in particular, you know, they practiced mk ultra on him, right, he was meant to go out and facilitate to start a race war or something like that. Man, And that was a real thing. You ever heard of that camp?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I heard a lot of a lot about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. He was really like like even Whitey Boulger, like you know, white Boulger, anybody that would listen, he would tell her, Man, I wasn't really a criminal until they start doing that stuff with me in prison, you know, and making me and I do stuff, and I don't remember.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you know, uh you know you remember you know Dion stayed on aswerk. Yeah, yeah, I know a couple of you talking about from from from the park, Yeah, LaToya, Yeah, so they her son Mike. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, he used to tell me his experience, and I think they used to do something to him. Absolutely, not not the prisoners, but the police. No, No, absolutely, he was a cooper. But like the way he talked about jail, I could tell what had nothing to do with the other inmates. It was like like medicine or they did something. Absolutely is real. G Yeah, I mean I don't I'm not saying it's really false. I'm just saying that's how he talked about it. Like he talked about it like they mess with his mind or something.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, absolutely they do.
Speaker 5: And especially if you if you're going in that that that sector, like you're having you know, psychological issues, then you you basically open yourself up to be a lab rat.
Speaker 2: Here's a question, because I ain't gonna we ain't gonna drag this thing out. Here's a question that I had to start.
Speaker 1: Every day.
Speaker 2: Poverty is kind of being segregated. Where were right where Back back when I was younger, back when y'all was younger, we could be poor together.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had our problem, but we could be poor together, right, and that poverty together is where we get that culture from in general.
Speaker 1: Right, we we all come together, we all create these movements, and we're together.
Speaker 2: And now what they're doing with poverty is they're making it spread out, like they pushed it into different.
Speaker 1: Places where you don't have a community. Like they's stripping us of community in the form, in the form of selfishness. They inspire you to go for selfie.
Speaker 5: You know, like you said, we used to be together and if one of us is starving, didn't have no clothes and no shoes, no eggs or whatever, then you know, we're covered down and we'll get through it together, as opposed to now they checking this. You know, theyne programmed us to go for self, not for for kind, not for go for self and kind, but go for your individual self at the expense of your other people. In other words, y'all, y'all stay together as long as y'all can, y'all be poor and struggling and help each other while y'all poor. But as soon as one of them get the opportunity to go get some or they hand pick one of y'all and and you know, and isolate you and give you something.
Speaker 1: Then they gonna take that and just go for.
Speaker 5: Self, and then that's gonna inspire the envy and the anger of the masses that you came from. So now there against each other. Now it's a it's a it's a gap against you know, people that used to be down with.
Speaker 2: Like they talked about the trick Baby, that little clip where the liberals and conservatives was arguing and they were saying.
Speaker 1: That, like, uh, what about playing for you? H what it's called trick Baby?
Speaker 2: It's that same era of film. You heard this to me, time to play for you. But it's that it talks about that same exact thing. Here, it is right here.
Speaker 1: Listenly lifted the mop power. It's you liberals who have lifted the mop power. You conservatives make a mistake.
Speaker 4: You can't afford the strangle hoping Without hope, people become dangerous.
Speaker 1: You liberals have left them in our society. You give them job political job. Boy, you missed the point. Only the smart ones we move up. That makes it even worse. Oh, you know, we have to move them up.
Speaker 4: If we leave a smart one in the ghetto, he might develop into a leader against us. But then we raise him up into white society. We neutralize. He feels compelled to try to act like us, his identity and his racial anger. If he hasn't, he becomes alien to his brothers. They realized he sold them out, and they grow to hate him. He becomes to them and safe for us. No thank you in fact, and his love for the creature comforts except for his color.
Speaker 1: He's become one of us.
Speaker 2: Man, I ain't never seen that or heard that, but he absolutely right that before it's called trick baby, Nah, I ain't never seen that clip.
Speaker 1: The clip is.
Speaker 2: Crazy, and I always remember it because everybody around me gets so mad. They feel like I'm against money, and it's like everybody feels like I have more opportunities. They're like last man, this person, like this person. I'm like, I'm not selling nothing out and that's so hard for people to get.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 2: Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Satan came to me or I knew the nigga was Satan, but I'm saying it's not that. But you can't get me to compromise nothing of disrespecting my section feel me for a dollar, And that could be because I ain't never you know, I've had I've never been poor or or what people like as poor as other people. I've been broke, like the fist took everything from my mom twice. I've had everything took it for me twice as a kid. But I've also had enough to realize it ain't worth in any goddamn way.
Speaker 1: Can I play something on that note? I know you know you don't like to make waves or nothing like that, but you know making waves just breaking? Uh? Damn? Where is this that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What you think about this? Damn? Where is that? Hold on? Second? All right? Still? What they are you doing? If I'm glad people can't see you on this podcast? You're looking down? No, I was. I was looking at some on the phone reading the text. Mister bro.
Speaker 3: Which one of you jigbo ass niggas gonna be the first one to do.
Speaker 1: Did you? Uncle Tom asked niggas for sure? Which one are you niggas gonna do it first?
Speaker 2: H So let me tell you my thoughts on that. I'm gonna well had that conversation. Yeah, I've seen that. I've seen that funny.
Speaker 1: So that right there?
Speaker 5: Like how if you say with trick baby, somebody, you know that's what that's our brother, we love him. That's you doing one good roast deserving another. He's literally roasting. I'm an roast whichever when you jiggaboo or with you, you know what I'm saying, I.
Speaker 1: Don't you know. I'll be honest, big bro. I don't know why you felt like that the first time. I mean, we know that. I mean, but that's something we got. We gotta talk about it.
Speaker 5: You still using your influence to shame and to clown those of us that might have a different political viewpoint or like like a And that's my point.
Speaker 1: So like, I'm good with Dog being clown right for for actually talking shit about politicians. You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I know he's talking about us. Who who might want to vote for a particular politician?
Speaker 1: Oh no, that's what I was telling. Somebody defend Snoop Dogg from your time.
Speaker 2: I'm ana defend him too, But I'm a defenda. I don't act like I just defend Dog. I'm probably Dog's hardest critical but I'm also honest. I've always said this. I didn't know when he was You are a cryopologist. Gee, I'm not a crypt apologist.
Speaker 1: Was just who you are?
Speaker 2: You were crips, loyalty for your people, that's not true. I talk bad about crips and bloods and white people equally.
Speaker 1: If you do for ship. I'm talking.
Speaker 2: I said this when that first happened, when I saw that, when that first came out, I'm like, why do we care which one of these white people win or which from these parts? These all the people ain't doing right by black people. I don't care if you do business one none of them, because none of them is righteous. The last one that probably was all right was JFK. He ain't get a chance to even be righteous. So again I always felt like his position even like to me, I felt like he got pressured by Black America into that stance.
Speaker 3: He messed with.
Speaker 1: Dude, But what that wasn't a trick baby example, a trick baby like one.
Speaker 4: Of us, he said.
Speaker 2: As far as people lifting him up, it could be. I mean, I don't think the culture is going to turn on him, because the culture don't hate Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: What's the culture?
Speaker 2: Our culture specific street arvy culture based out of southern California.
Speaker 1: I would I have to disagree.
Speaker 5: I would have to I think the culture is evolving now and becoming more conscious like it was, and it's holding us accountable more than what than it ever did before.
Speaker 1: That's what I think.
Speaker 2: I definitely don't believe that, but I think they're trying to you know what I'm saying, because I don't think that y'all the people that raise y'all like all, like you know, they were smarter forgive me.
Speaker 1: So the culture, the culture, the culture is not.
Speaker 5: Like even if the culture is being manipulated and influenced by the enemy, they already have been put a battery in the cultures.
Speaker 1: Back to hate the Orange man, right.
Speaker 2: Because because growing up and again I don't want to make this a thing for Trump like Trump, look, you really should like no politicians, especially when I'm talking about reparations and making the right wrong. That's the first time you can't believe in the American system. If the oldest mistake they've ever made, they haven't apologized and came out and repaired that relationship.
Speaker 3: Facts talk about reparations, they haven't even a politicized or acknowledge.
Speaker 1: Right there, That's how I see it right now, dog like in growing up.
Speaker 2: First off, before we get the dog growing up, Trump was a black celebrity my whole life right. I know that's a very odd thing to say. But Trump was only popular in black fold still when I was little. I've never seen the white people. Trump was severe lyrics like. But before that, I'm saying Trump was on Oprah. Trump gave Walter Payton, like the first million dollar contract for football, Walter Payton under herschel Walker herschel Walker Trump, you know what I mean. Trump was with uh, Jesse Jackson, gave him some money.
Speaker 1: Trump was all with Rosa Parks, Muhammad Ali, you name it. Trump was I don't even know that.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying what I remember. Obviously in the eighties he was a black celebrity. Still my whole life. Now again, he's a white man, and I'm sure he asked forgive me Trump.
Speaker 1: I know, you listen this pot probably you know he's racists.
Speaker 2: Every other white man. They don't have no choice. They've been in this country. They've been programmed for years, so they're going to have.
Speaker 5: According to his actions, he was a little less racist than any white president before him.
Speaker 1: True, true, he's he's.
Speaker 5: That's the part that gets me, Like you're saying, I'm fascinated to how did y'all get the emotional hate battery in your back, calling him super racist, winning he ain't did nothing racist compare compared to all of the presidents, including Obama before him.
Speaker 1: Sure, which which I think real presidents are. It's a tough job. Let's just say that. I'm about this job. Tough job.
Speaker 2: You won't make a dumb it and none of them apologize or repair the relationship.
Speaker 1: So that's the problem.
Speaker 2: But again Trump, and this is not a Trump commercial. I'm not saying love for Trump. It's not I'm not saying believe it Trump. I'm telling you my whole life, black people love Trump.
Speaker 1: And then one day.
Speaker 2: I can't tell you today, but I had to be in my thirties when it's happened. Trump became like a regular white man and black people. Now, how it happened is a different story, but I'm telling you that. So even when Snoop was saying it the first time, even when the Homies put out the song saying fuck him, I didn't quite understand what was happening.
Speaker 1: But anybody tell me shit about white people, that's good with me. I'm sorry, not not if you being manipulated.
Speaker 5: Right, So this is the manipulation, and I'm not gonna get this page flagged and all of that.
Speaker 1: But there's a.
Speaker 5: Super deception came in when when when Trump was running for president, this is where it all went left against him. And that have to do with Gentiles and the and the J word. Right, so the oldest beef in the world, you know, old Haffield and McCoy. You know what I'm saying, big brother versus little brother.
Speaker 1: But you know, it had to do with with.
Speaker 5: Doude not going along with the program, with the program and those those people from the j side of the game. Considering the deception is they they don't consider themselves white.
Speaker 1: So that's the deception. They want to say that they are a different race, that that's not white.
Speaker 5: And then they want to use their influence and their money and their media to try to side up with the with the blacks and say that we're we're suffered like you we're.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So now the enemy is now the enemy is white supremacy. Like wait, wait minute, you're you're white. Yes, no, we're not white, we're Jays, you know what I'm saying. So, and we got the money. They get mad at me. I'm like, bro, you're white. Yeah, and we got the money though. We got the money in the media to back up your black organizations. But you have to embrace us as being something other than white. We're not white, We're one of you.
Speaker 1: So I got it right.
Speaker 2: So again, so with Dog, I never agreed with him saying it the first time. I never agreed with him saying it the first time. It was more like, really, like, do these people like ain't these people all kind of like okay?
Speaker 1: And they were cool.
Speaker 2: He was at his rose before he said that, right, He was at his rose right, So I'm like, huh. So I always thought to myself, you might regret saying that now. I didn't think Dog would get in no trouble. I thought it could be a moment like this, Well you look up one day you'll be like, wait a minute, I got some money.
Speaker 1: And I need to be in cahoots with other people who got some money.
Speaker 5: But that's cool if it wouldn't have went to the violent suggestion way, right. So if you if you're doing videos with a blicky you know what I'm saying, and got a stunt, you know, somebody that's playing him you know what I'm saying, and then he actually, you know, winds up getting down there, Domed, you know what I'm saying, And then Trump is not gonna take it like that. He's not gonna take it as entertainment. He knows the power of media and influence.
Speaker 1: He knows the power of.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because that's how you that's how you stir the people up in outrage. You use media, you use artists, you use actors, you use athletes, and say that this person is hitler and he needs to be tooken out and he needs to be such a setting people actually try to take him out.
Speaker 1: You think that dude is gonna forget that?
Speaker 5: You think you know you you you you say and were cool and I'm gonna perform at your such and such as making dug for like, forget that. You know what I'm saying. It's not gonna go like that. He Trump is one of them, real dude. His name is Don for a reason that he's wanted, really one of them dudes for.
Speaker 1: Queen's New York.
Speaker 5: But he's a he owns casinos and even Queen we ain't got to know, you know what I'm saying, Queen's guy.
Speaker 1: So you know what that means, you know how he's.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's in he's in Dubai, he's in Russia, he got casino, he got he got that type of business all around the world. So you know, you can't be in that business, let alone be a boss in that business unless you were a real boss in that type of world. He's not playing. He's from the same camp that that you know, did what they did with JFK. The only one that's you know, that's the the op. Now. The bigger op is is them small caps that you know have an influence over the government or the like then and Yahoo situation. So it's way bigger than these ninja rappers that should have kept their mouth shut. That's what I'm saying. My point is you should have just stayed out of that.
Speaker 2: But you we can't go back in time now, but I think you got it coming. Every bit of criticism he had for one and not for all the rest of them, right almost something. So that's why I like, even when I saw it, somebody was like this, you ain't gonna comment or it's just coach. I'm like, this don't got nothing to do with culture. This is somebody put their foot in their mouth and now they about to look crazy. So I'm sure next time. You understand, I shouldn't say that.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not gonna be the next time. And that's part of you know, when when Grace is up or quote unquote end of the world.
Speaker 5: Certain certain things, you know, even like the final Call, the final Call, don't last forever.
Speaker 1: It's named that.
Speaker 5: The Nation of Islam newspaper is named that for a reason. Final, final, final call.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: So everybody gonna be less, everybody gonna be examples in one way or the other. So but these people, like the Bible say, I ain't gonna get into that, but woe, you know, woe to the inhabitors of the earth and the sea, because you know, the devil coming down on you, having great wrath because he know he got but a short time. And you know they already drew first first blazer on on Trump. So I don't think he's coming back to the ain't for sure coming back. Well, he's like he's like the political Christ of America.
Speaker 1: He comes back.
Speaker 5: He raised, he was rolled, he rolls shit, and he's back. And he's not coming back to hug nobody and to love nobody. He's coming back to deal with the people that try to crucify it. That's what I think if you was to ask me.
Speaker 1: It would be very mafia fitting mafia.
Speaker 2: But at the end of the day, Dog said that, and that's what somebody said to me. I'm like, bro, like he got to deal with putting his foot in his mouth. I didn't agree when he said it first. Thing, like, I wouldn't have said that minus the fear. Just the's all white people, there's all presidents and this one particularly, you couldn't have felt this way three years ago because you just did his roast like you would have Like imagine like somebody going to Hitler's roast and then you're talking about you was.
Speaker 1: At his roast, boy, Like, what's happening? Right?
Speaker 5: And I'm just gonna say, and I'm not happy about this, but this is something that you know, we we we give warnings and hopefully you know, our people, our brothers and sisters that that that's in harm's way, would would try to come towards the towards the nation.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. But rest in peace, Nip.
Speaker 5: But the most popular song at that time was the F T P F Donald Trump F Donald. So you know, the only one that's left, I believe is YG right, So brother, young brother YG like trust and believe you know you next on the list, I believe.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So there's no amount of blooding or street tough guys stuff that you know, because this this man don't he don't play that.
Speaker 1: So it's just something, you know what I'm saying. I would to get out in front of that there Lonzo in the Jungles last scene on you.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, whenever you do something that bold and that blatant and it and it takes off it because you know, the the handlers, those those uh, those those j's is making sure it takes off. You know, Ja's making sure that song go viral. And since it was just Nip and him, right, it wasn't nobody else on that song, was it. Yeah, then you know that's that's even more then than Snoop. You know, that's even more of a you know, he he want to he want to call you to the carpet even more than Snoop. So I would, I Wouldnybody that you know that that have an ear or got YG's here probably need to really counsel him on how to maneuver.
Speaker 1: Right now, stay low, Yeah, Yeah, and just get what you know.
Speaker 5: Get some wise council, some wise spiritual counsel on how to how to maneuver because uh, Orange Man is coming for sure.
Speaker 2: Sure you're right, they're looking out for tuning into the No Salers podcast. Please do us a favorite, subscribe, rate Commonist Share. This episode was recorded right here on the West coast of the USA. They produced about the Black Effect podcast network and not hard radio.
Speaker 1: Yeah,