Speaker 1: Hey guys, this is executive producer Anna and I am here to present the third favorite episode of this year that me and producer Becca chose as our fave, and that is the cole Ist Schola episode. So we love this episode and wanted to re release it for you guys to listen to because Cole had such a great year with O Mary and we're just such huge fans of theirs, So we really hope you guys enjoy listening to.
Speaker 2: This podcast again.
Speaker 1: And yeah, we cannot wait for this new year to bring you, guys all new guests and wonderful episodes of Lost Culturistas. And new episodes start releasing next week on Wednesday, so stay tuned for that and enjoy this episode of Cola Scola on Lost Culturistas. Thanks, Happy holidays.
Speaker 2: Look, may oh, I see you my mind. Look over there is that culture. Yes, goodness, wow, lost Culture digs calling. I just gave parents to the camera. It was involuntary. Well we do praise God. Praise God. By the way, just so everyone knows moving forward, this is officially a Christian judaeo Christian podcast. M M. If you have anything to say negative about the Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ old or Missy Missy, Yeah, you had a really tragic energy coming in. Not tragic energy, but you were a little ornery. You know what. I actually, as I was walking here today, I was like, am I gonna show up as my bitchy self today? Or I gonna am I gonna put up a front? No, but I'm choosing to be authentic today and say I'm in a bitchy mood because of two things. And you know when two things go wrong and then everything else is the third thing?
Speaker 3: We know for the domino effect to happen, Now, go on, dominoes have to fall, uh huh. Or one has to fall, one has to knock into the second. That's actually really culture number eight. For the to fall, one has to fall into the second. Not so tell us what happened?
Speaker 2: Well, the first thing was today I was coming back into New York City. Well, by the way, thank you so much from Long Island, New York. Because it was, of course the day of Mother's Mother's Day. I spent the day with Katrina and Co. And I came back in today and was going to open my AirPods. Classic comedy. They fell out onto the train tracks and would you believe there actually was a moment where I was like, can I go on the train tracks and get my air pods? And I said, can you imagine that type of death for me? Third rail? And then you were going to get railed tonight? Okay. So then the second thing was I get a text like, immediately after the air pods are gone, I did not hop on the track that says my Dick appointments that I had to cancel. And I wanted to discuss the reason that he gave. We don't know the reason. It were about to get the big no, and I said, the snake is eating its own tail in the gay community when it comes to reasons for canceling on Dick appointments. Heard them all, this is when I've used having an emergency with his closest friend. I said, you know what, just say that your friend needs you. When you said closest friend, that's what that was the tell. I'm having an emergency with my closest friend and they really need me. Dot dot dot really wanted to hang out, wondering about later or maybe when you get back to New York. This is fine, this is not a big deal. I'm just saying I've used that excuse. I'm not sure what the better excuse would be. Excuse.
Speaker 4: Those are two severe words that are used in proximity to each other.
Speaker 2: That is suspicious, emergency, closest emergency, and closest friend. Like, it's not just something came up. An emergency came up. Now it's just a friend. No, the closest friend. So what I'm saying is we need to come up with a new especially, we need new excuses, and I would love to brainstorm today. Yeah, with our noted queer guests, one of the biggest queers. That's going to be really fun to be to them. Definitely, But I think that I really needed the dick after the AirPods went away. I was already excited about it. You know who wants to fuck you? My dad. We can't talk about it. No, actually, don't tell me what I can't talk about. I'm in a bad one.
Speaker 3: It is comfortable with you talking about your father being attracted to me.
Speaker 2: So Bowen has been sort of hitting the gym, and you better get comfortable with lost Coach becoming the poster children for sex because we're working so hard in the gym. I went to Berry's today. But this isn't about me. This is about bo My dad said, when you did the Mother's Day bit with your mom, who was perfect, very very sweet, my dad goes, Bowen looks fucking great, and he's saying fuck more than ever. Boone looks fucking great. It looks been in the fucking gym, fucking looking toned, big arms. You don't have to know anything. Okay, don't piss me off. Go ahead, calm yourself down. You're out of control. This is just is this what they call transferends. I'm getting what that means, what I'm getting on He rubs himself. I'm getting transferends. This is a despicious day, auspicious day.
Speaker 3: We have our guests joining us, backed by popular demand.
Speaker 2: Literally they beg, they beg us to do.
Speaker 3: They beg and pleating it wasn't the right time, and this is the right time, because guess what, it's day one of their much deserved time off before previews begin for Oh Mary on broad Way.
Speaker 2: You get bigger than Broadway. You don't know Broadway. There's no way up, there's not any bigger stage. A lot of people have been asking, do you I swear to God. This is This is a conversation I have constantly with people in the community. How do you think they'll make it bigger and better? I don't think they have to. See that's every individual than bigger and better. Shut up, I said, it's shutter. It's all already big and good. It's already big and better, bigger and better. Look, I'm so happy that you have I see now I'm pissed off. We're so angry. What do you what else do you want? It is?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry and I and I said this. I had the privilege of going opening night at the Lucial Hotel. I walked out of that saying, that is the funniest comedy play ever written, ever produced, ever performed.
Speaker 2: Why do we want more? Stop it? Let me sell you something.
Speaker 4: Certainly stop it with that that colonial attitude.
Speaker 2: Certainly the best thing that's been at the Lucille Hortel. Say hey, all right, let's not the best thing. Let's be at the luci everything before it. What about the Lyceum? I see them more like I see them all. I see them all flop at the Lyceum. I see every There's been no good theater. There's been There's been nothing salt until now. And we were all talking about that. Actually, right before we got on Mike, we were all saying how they decade. Well, Colon came in and they said, thank god I decided to do the show. Not since what show? Has there not been good made? There's been anything good on stage since name and Sarah Justica Parker agrees.
Speaker 4: Agrees June twenty sixth, previous begin twelve weeks. I see him.
Speaker 2: Only give this person a fucking break. Please give Conrad Rickamore a goddamn brain. No, I say, continue to work them. Yeah, he needs to stay busy. Keep the voices at Bay. Crazy people every want to make James scovery one in the show is insane thing, and the people backstage are even crazier. Hannah solo solo, fucking god, Hannah and Peter squawking, oh my god, selling their little bobbles, selling their bobbles backstage, trying the best they can to get on stage. Good luck. I say, this one's never getting sick.
Speaker 3: Have fun with the little marbles and spilling them all over the floor. This one is never going to trip.
Speaker 2: This one's never getting sick, and you're going to see the Bloomers spoiling the show. Yeah, I'm spoiling the show. Well here's a spoiler. It's incredible, and so is our guests. And when I say they beg I mean the audience begs. The audience literally begs us to have callback because they don't like our other episode. They get they get furious. It's okay, what can you do in our polarizing flop era? And it ends today with our guests the One and Only God. Don't talk when we're talking. Don't talk when we're talking. That was rude. You don't you have enough stage? You are trying to get me ruined?
Speaker 4: Yeah, how so I never said I never said that there's never been any good theater.
Speaker 2: Do they gonna believe you know me? Or you well, you're.
Speaker 4: Gonna get me in trouble because I'm part of the community. Now that's I love every show that's ever been written, that's ever been performed.
Speaker 2: What are the top three shows?
Speaker 4: Top three shows of all time? Yeah, oh Mary, we're no our town, our town, Thornton, My town Thornton and the town. Oh I love Blake Lively. Was so Blake Lively come back to Broadway?
Speaker 2: Blake I would like to see that.
Speaker 4: My god, absolutely, Arianna come back to Broadway.
Speaker 3: So Cole would do this bit in the day where they pretend to be like, how about you tell it, I butcher this, I just it's a character that's like all my other characters.
Speaker 2: It's just crazy woman, crazy, crazy woman.
Speaker 4: All she cares about is getting Ariana Grande back on Broadway.
Speaker 2: So you're in the right place, You're in the right rect line. Well, no, Arianna, this this is all set up to say.
Speaker 4: First day on set of Wicked, m my friend Colo, there's this bit where they pretend to be this old woman, this theater going woman who all she wants, she goes to every show, but all she wants Arianna come back to broad We missed your sweetheart. Get on this side of the footlights again. I see you at the shows.
Speaker 2: Jesus, do something besides geez, Come on, j R. B Come on. You said that before coming on the My too, jr. Is all the same.
Speaker 4: No, No, you are getting show.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine what you just did? I have in my mouth. I was I was getting mucus up. Oh my god, we need to start this over. Let's start this. We need to start this over.
Speaker 4: I think the listeners need to know that I've been doing eight shows a week for a long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now, explain is tired? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Now, what's the pre show ritual? Grether's past, Steeles, Adam Mizer?
Speaker 2: What do you do? I do? I vocal steam.
Speaker 4: I meet with Tony Russian Rob.
Speaker 2: God, he's good. God, he's good. People forget, forget people forget.
Speaker 5: How good he is.
Speaker 2: Community.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, for sure, But I don't want to forget about the dick appointment excuses.
Speaker 2: What's what's your sort of whole read on that situation?
Speaker 4: You know what I think? Just saying I need to reschedule. Yeah, I need to reschedule because it's so anxiety inducing because then you have to be like, oh no, I hope your friend's okay, and then you're an asshole.
Speaker 2: If now I'm worried.
Speaker 4: About this friend, close closest friend, what kind of emergency?
Speaker 2: It is not for nothing, but if it's a real emergency, we might not be able to reschedule. You're going to be grieving. Yeah, you with your closest friend. How do you know Thursday is going to work? You don't know that with your closest and emergency with your closest friend.
Speaker 4: You know anything, You can't plan out anything, text them tomorrow.
Speaker 2: How's your friend doing? Well? I think I might you know what, how's your friend doing? It's like it was the kind of thing where it was like it went a little bit beyond like disappointment because of how far it went in the in the sexting, and even there even was some verbal there were some voice messages sent back and forth. Do y'all do that gay culture is gay courting.
Speaker 3: Gay courtship is over promising, under delivering, constantly over promising, under delivering.
Speaker 4: Don't you think my mind went to the Olympics. My mind went to carry Strouss.
Speaker 2: Around the corner. You're going, you're going.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll be there because I have to promote the show.
Speaker 2: Right in July, Yeah, twelve weeks. When when does that end?
Speaker 4: I can't help help us six seven carry the one, carry the one.
Speaker 2: When you came up in the same community, we came up in the We both came up in the community. Carry the one at the same time. I don't know anymore.
Speaker 4: In Paris, I'll be in Paris for the Olympics promoting Oh Mary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you think they know who she is? Being that she's I'm reading in my notes a former First Lady of the United States.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, I think a lot of people forget. Yeah, well people forget?
Speaker 3: Can I can I be honest and say you were on Seth it was perfect Seth Myers, who a friend of the community. Yeah, and little too friendly. I think, total gig guy. He's arriving at that. Let him cook, let him, let him come out, let him cook, let him come Let terms Right, So you said on his show that you did almost no research because and I think this is so smart, because you would have written jokes that were like, well, that's going to get a laugh because.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I got a lot of people it's been annoying, no know, like just two people being like, oh, this person does no research and now they get to play on Broadway.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 4: Actually, wow, you don't understand to understand decades of work that went into this play. Yes, and this has been yeah, fifteen years, fifteen, eighteen, nineteen.
Speaker 2: Oh God, carry the one, please car someone else carry the one? Yeah, the one? Someone else carry it? Carry at their point? Are you at home? So why do you think she was so crazy? Mary? Yeah? What do you think it was? I have no idea.
Speaker 4: She was a s circle that woman she was. She was kind of silly. Yeah, she's just a silly little girl, right. She liked to have fun with her friends shopping and yeah, you know, an aide kind of tied her down. Yeah. Oh that's my worst nightmare if I were a cabaret singer. So the character of Mary, and I think Mary was a cabaret star. Yes, yeah, it doesn't work out married this guy he's president, and then you're like, I would go crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is among us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've talked a lot to Michelle about this Obama. Yeah, you know, because she really wanted to sing. Really, she's really been wanting to sing. What stopped her bad voice?
Speaker 2: You know? They released a picture of Michelle Obama the other day. She was really high, high. She was having fun, like a resort or something. Well, I look, and they're going to get me in trouble with more than one community tonight. Okay, the DC community. We're gonna be able to go down and do it at the Lincoln then bye, bye, bye gone. Thanks a lot of reactions to the Tony Nams this year, there's too many.
Speaker 4: I actually should be one award, Yeah for the whole show, for the whole show with how many nominations, just.
Speaker 2: Like two you should be down to like two people. Oh that's good. I love. It's even more heartbreaking.
Speaker 4: It should be Hillary versus Trump. Yeah, and god yeah. And Trump would be a better actor, wouldn't he. I mean Hillary depends on the show, right.
Speaker 2: You're actually right?
Speaker 3: Well, helly, we can produce stuff. Trump could produce stuff, but Hillary couldn't. Do you know, like Angels in America, whereas Trump could. Trump will be an amazing, amazing I mean he knew him him, that's his mentor. I think he'd be a good what's his name? Prior Trump? Prior Trump dazzles as pride.
Speaker 2: Can you see it? I can see it because better Prior dazzles the word Trump over angels.
Speaker 4: That's where we're going. Yeah, I mean that's what's gonna happen. Make Angels in America great again?
Speaker 2: Wow? Oh my title of that, Make Angels in America great again?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Trump, where dazzles has prior, Trump dazzles has prior. You have to say it in that voice.
Speaker 3: Now we're in hot water with the Kushner community, okay, and the Mike Nichols community.
Speaker 2: That's okay. No, they would love it. Hey, Hey, their checks are clearing. Yeah, absolutely true. Which you don't want to put butts in season? Put Trump on Broadway where all scared to say it? Put Trump on Broadway. If you want to say around the boards, I'm saying, I'm saying, why are we so afraid of talent? What it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think America is too afraid I know of Yeah, that's why we're in this That's why we're in this mess.
Speaker 2: If we just put him on Broadway, this is honestly not not an answer.
Speaker 4: If I were to go to him right now, yeah and say, yeah, look if you drop about my twelve weeks, oh Mary, would you do that? No, not at all. I don't care who it would say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's really noble.
Speaker 4: This is my time, it's my year.
Speaker 2: Of course, it is. Thank you. I don't want you to give up. Thank you. I do think we could recast some of your castmates, a let's get them out of there, put Trump and put Trump in Yeah, sorry Scully, Yeah, Trump would be a great Mary's teacher. Yeah, because honestly, Trump would get the same reaction as James when he walks out. Just walks out in the audience and goes, oh fuck yeah, and then sorry, can we cuss? I forget? No, this is Judeo Christian, but that is something the whole religion is like, it's fake.
Speaker 4: How did you find that out?
Speaker 2: It's about control? Okay? Anyway, as I put my coffee all over myself.
Speaker 3: You know, I went to the museum the other day. I brought my mom to the Brooklyn Museum.
Speaker 2: Lovely.
Speaker 4: Ratulations by the way, thank you. You've been meaning to get there for years. I learned something hard together.
Speaker 3: Most most empires last three four hundred years. Yeah, we're due, We're done.
Speaker 4: I think we think so. You know what what podcast I love? Yes, are the Kelsey brothers. The Kelsey brothers who are the Kelsey brothers, Travis and tramas his brother, and they have a podcast and they're actually very charming on No, they're great.
Speaker 2: They actually they actually oh wait, that's how I first heard.
Speaker 4: I don't think so, honey, because they started, they started, they started, and then you guys kind of the first.
Speaker 2: Time gay people have taken from straight straight. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: This podcast calls fall of Civilization. Oh and every episode is wake Up, Wake Up. Every episode is a New civiliz like you wanted them on.
Speaker 2: Now they're here and they're talking about the fall civilization and yeah they're being a didact Roman Britain.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the fallow Roman Britain, the Bronze Age collapse.
Speaker 3: As in like when Britain was Roman. Yes, yes, and like how that fell apart.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, you know. It's fascinating.
Speaker 4: It's really interesting stuff. And I think I think people don't realize.
Speaker 2: Like, but here's the thing about history.
Speaker 3: I get annoyed when people are like, we're doomed to repeat the mistakes, and like, I think we're doomed no matter what, even if we do know the history.
Speaker 2: That's just how not me. No, no, congrat thank you. Can I tell this story? Col You can.
Speaker 4: Tell it, but you better be careful. I don't know what story you're talking about.
Speaker 3: I basically had a little mental breakdown over the summer.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that was hilarious. We were all laughing about it.
Speaker 3: I remember was screaming on fire, on fire, I go to Amsterdam. You were in against at the time, you were Agains at the time. I was supposed to my close friends going to be an Amsterdam. You said maybe I'll come see you yeah.
Speaker 2: I said, I.
Speaker 3: Will pay for a hotel room if you come and hang out with me. And you were so kind to do that kind.
Speaker 2: I was in Ghent. Everyone's yeah you can.
Speaker 3: And then we had a lovely day together and we were in the park. Yeah was it you or me? We were just like, we should go see a play tonight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't remember. I can't God, I can't remember who it was. And you guys, we're like, let's go see lay Miss.
Speaker 3: And then we looked up tickets for that night, bought two tickets to lay Miss, sat in the mezzanine.
Speaker 2: All in Dutch, in Dutch and the eliest.
Speaker 3: Not bad, bad language, bad, young and hilarious songs in Dutch.
Speaker 2: No, that's generous. Thank you. Did any song survive the language? I mean, one day More was pretty cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it course those harmony, the harmony.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's good. That was great. That was really good. That was too good. John right here, Trump look out, I'm coming for you. Hey, Donald Trump, I'm coming for you. Baby.
Speaker 4: It was a lovely time. It was one of the worst days of my life, well for me, it was.
Speaker 2: It was, it was.
Speaker 4: It was incredible. Thank you for being there watching lames in Dutch. It was going to the opera, you know exactly.
Speaker 2: Now, did y'all sort of do a post mortem after? What do you mean?
Speaker 4: We just couldn't. We were so moved. Were just all we could do is walk?
Speaker 2: Just a beautiful city for that type of thing. Oh yeah, be careful, lightly, tread much lighter. Sorry, I'm just feeling reeling from from this, from the subway, from the AirPods, the there's gonna be no dick in my butt tonight. I think there's still time. There's still time. I did think about getting like on the apps, and you'm like.
Speaker 4: Who, Yeah, no, Samantha Who, Christina Apple, Christina Applegate, who I share a birthday with? So please please be careful, Please be careful. That must be world, Please be careful.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, me, Joe DiMaggio, Christina Applegate. That's pretty good. That's really that's a really good trade. Yeah, day over, day over. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, what are the hopes and dreams for this time off you have before the previews start?
Speaker 2: I want to get back to me. Yeah, I believed that. I'm sorry you, thank you. Don't don't let this change. Well, I think what's happening is what don't let this success change you. I think that one thing that everyone's been talking about in the group thread that you're not in is that you've changed you and you've become a big big Yeah. Sorry, you went to the met gala. That actually happened. And if you think I'm not going to ask about it and who you sat next to, you didn't? You didn't.
Speaker 3: I don't think correct. You're just going.
Speaker 2: To step on that water. Well, I'm not going to forget the question, and you're going to run out of water at some point. At some point you're going to have to come up for air boom, oh not that, and you asked for them to come back. Can we please? No, we don't have to talk about it. No, I was going to stay you. Look.
Speaker 4: Can we talk about the abuse Maria Carey precious?
Speaker 2: Oh you batched every infection? Yeah? Can we talk about in your household? I'm talking about what did you say? Talking about repeated? I'm sort of making it up now, but really, Mariah was never better at acting than that moment around it? Can I tell you something? Watch? Can I just throw it out there anyway? Watch Glitter again? It's not bad.
Speaker 4: I've never seen it do yourself a favor.
Speaker 2: I will have movies. You have a lot of time off, so you know what you gotta watch. And this is one's real suggestion. One's not watch Glitter lo l that's the bit you really should watch. The idea of you both of them. I was. I loved it, and that man is made out of milk.
Speaker 3: Well, Matt's theories that he's AI. Now do you like him any better now that you've seen his film?
Speaker 2: So get this. I'm not convinced he's not a I. You don't, but I am a big fan, and I think if Nick Gallaxy is a I, then we need to just cut fran loose and start doing the AI thing. Because if Nick Gallaxyn is AI, which is still my theory, then I think that's it.
Speaker 3: Let him take our jobs. Yeah, we're not look in them anyway, sweetheart. He's made out of milk. Explain, go on look at him.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, that makes imagine taking a bite out of his cheek.
Speaker 2: Actually, I think you could. He is milk duddish. Yeah, and I say this in a very like horny way. And he's very attractive. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I have a theory that people's assholes are the same color as their lips. I think you're wrong. I'm not gonna I'm gonna tell you you're wrong. So brown, don't presume the brown, don't presume the don't presume that's actually we're the coaster number eight. Don't presume.
Speaker 2: No, that's not the color of my Let me see mine. No wait, no, wait, wait, wait, hold on, Okay, that's going to be the picture. Okay, we all just took a picture of our beautiful lips, and I don't know. Your holes can't be that color. I can't see it. Yes, you care, squat over your phone. You've never taken a picture of your boody hole. No, cold, you've seen it. I've not seen Cole's hole. I've seen a gorgeous shot on a close friends of Cole's amazing ass. Oh sure, well, an amazing ass photo. I mean it's easy. It catches the light so perfectly. It's hard to take it bad. Now, give give yourself some credit.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, I'll give myself a little credit.
Speaker 2: The close friends, I don't remember that.
Speaker 4: It's not the close friends. It's it's it's another thing. It's another thing, it's another secret, third thing. Oh, it's it's a fin st.
Speaker 2: I had a horn. I guess I still do. I mean, is it done? What?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: I don't really maintain mine neither. I think I took six pictures during like the torniest time of the pandemic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, we have to be we have to forgive ourselves for everything we did in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, truly, like all my clothes.
Speaker 4: Especially elected Joe Biden, especially Biden. We should have given Trump another chance.
Speaker 2: We're giving him a chance on the you're right, you're right now. I think o'mary would be the perfect show for him. I think he would be so good as Mary in a way.
Speaker 4: Okay, wait, let's really actually dreamcast Trump in something. So you're saying, oh Mary gypsy, heartbreaking, heart breaking, haunting.
Speaker 2: Why did I do it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Get me, no, no no no no no no no no, I'm gonna have to leave follow me in the background. That else, it's an original character. It's an original character. Listen, there's a Ronald dumb Ronald, there's a Patty sized hole shaped hole and Broadway. Yeah, and he could fill that out appeal to Patty now to return to Broadway.
Speaker 4: Is called the roommate Her and Me a Pharaoh at the booth theater.
Speaker 2: You're hitting. She was just being like dramatic about the quitting. You're kidding, You're kidding. We love her, I love her to death.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, sorry, you think women aren't allowed to change their minds?
Speaker 2: Or wait what, what's this? What I'm saying is what you said before you got on an episode, which is that women are crazy, hysterical and can't make up their minds. That's what you said. I am going to kill you, no air, no dick, Why should I keep living? Yeah? Yeah, great color for you and they're popping And you did that on purpose? Did I did? I did?
Speaker 4: You're a warm tone. Well, this is the other thing that I wanted to talk about. Okay, color theory. I really want to see one of those color theory people that was. But the things are thinking, I'm obsessed with me and Claudia oh Doherty. Yes, love Claudia, sweetheart, great legends, go to bed.
Speaker 2: Yeah we really sorry.
Speaker 4: People are probably like angry, my hoarse voice, but we really wanted to see there's this woman in La who does the color theory thing, who was the wardrobe supervisor on The Nanny.
Speaker 2: Oh my, well she has many Emmys. She knows what she's doing.
Speaker 4: She knows what she's doing. But then we looked and the prices were like, yeah, literally, like can buy half a ticket to Oh Mary for that. Oh it was like one thousand dollars per session, or maybe it was.
Speaker 3: Like there's eight there's someone who does that. He right in New York City. I know that you live. Did they design costumes for the Nanny?
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know what to tell. Have you ever had that done? No? I want you So. I was just watching an a SMR video you last night, of course where they do it. Of course you were. I don't even think what that stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he does blued all over ill. That's classically olive tone. But I think that may seem neutral. So that means you can wear you.
Speaker 2: Want to know, this is the truth. I actually came here today and I was gonna wear a yellow shirt. I was gonna actually follow up on the tailor Tomlinson episode yes, where I said that I bought a yellow shirt in a museum and I never wear it because why would I actually put it on today to wear it to this It looked at myself and said, this is not my color.
Speaker 4: But you don't know if it's like, oh, it's the cool undertones, it's the blue undertones of the yellow that don't suit you. You probably do have a good yellow. You probably can, I.
Speaker 2: Say, when I'm a little bit more tan, which is happening. It's in process. I can do yellow, but this was not. We are not there yet at this juncture.
Speaker 3: And then the step beyond that is like are you a cool yellow or a warm yellow?
Speaker 2: Right? And I would never know what this is, so I guess I have to do this test.
Speaker 4: This is why it's dangerous to be like for us, yeah, because we don't know what we're talking about, and so for us to just sort of pause at all of these I'm yellow, I'm blue, I'm dangerous.
Speaker 2: You're so good with color. We've all seen the Apartment, thank you? Not all? Well, it was in the pages. Oh what was that?
Speaker 4: Remember it was in a magazine apartment therapy, I think you're thinking of, or in the New York Post or I don't remember.
Speaker 2: I really don't remember a really good relationship with the Post.
Speaker 4: Yeah I do, yeah, well the show. Look, the Post has always been very good to me. And what's your favorite review you've gotten? Probably the long one because they said everything. No, they they went there. They talked about the play. Me, yes, like everything that you can imagine.
Speaker 2: The play me everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh my god, I'm thinking about it right now.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like you can't wait to get back up there?
Speaker 4: I am excited for a break. But healthy, healthy, thank you. I think health is important. That's one of the reasons I wanted to come on here, because I don't the play is doing fine. We don't need the press, okay.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about health, okay.
Speaker 4: Because as queer people in the community, we're not healthy. We have a different relationship from our upbringings to health that invariably does affect circumstances and basically like human rights.
Speaker 2: So well, when one of us is sick.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, oh my god, Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. Should oh my god be the title of app We've got a lot of great I don't think so. I actually don't think so.
Speaker 2: I don't think, but thank you.
Speaker 4: I mean I think health is wealth. At the end of the jet would know, my god, we're on this and we're back on the go. We're back on this again.
Speaker 2: We're back on this.
Speaker 3: Guys, I'm going through a tough time, are you. Let's talk about it. Let's go there, we'll be right back. We'll be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 2: So actually, probably we'll put it a break.
Speaker 4: Before the break, Bowen was going to open up to us about what he's going through.
Speaker 2: I would love for them, Oh my god, amazing what everyone would be so much? What happened? Hillary Clinton? What happened?
Speaker 3: By the way, what say what you want about Hillary? And I will It's a great title for a book, just in general, can be about any It could be a cookbook and it doesn't have Hillary doesn't have to write it. It can be anyone can write any book, can call it what Happened? And it would be great. What before? I want to hear about the pain you're going through? Now you have to cast Hillary and Trump in a show together? Oh night, Mother night, Mother's good?
Speaker 2: That's good? Who's mother? Though? I think mother is Trump?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a two hander, a two hander Waiting for good?
Speaker 2: Waiting for Good would be not What about Chuck a Lot? Yeah? The movie? What about Amalie the musical which I did a reading of, so be careful. I'm with Pippa.
Speaker 4: No, then it was Rachel Lee Cook, Lee Cook because it was gonna we wanted to do like a sort of cheese all that. Emily sort of like, what about this sister story? Sister told them, Yeah, it's sort of like how you know Detroit is a sister city of like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Minneapolis, Minneapolis, Detroit, Ye, twin.
Speaker 3: City, twin city. Sister cities do be random. Yeah, they're like Shanghai and Des Moines. Yeah, it's funny. I find it amusing.
Speaker 2: What is New York City sister city? Couldn't tell you. I couldn't tell you all. I couldn't tell you. You know what I draw these cities. Wish yeah, wish. Well, you know what I just realized. No, the second city, I'm telling you, the second city is called that because it's like known as like a second city. You didn't know that, No, And I then I understood why there was also one in Toronto, famously also a second second Sorry I left Toronto.
Speaker 4: If I had to live in another city that wasn't New York, it would be Toronto. Really Toronto, very cute gays.
Speaker 2: All the second cities have.
Speaker 4: Case they do Chicago and Toronto. I would say San Francisco.
Speaker 2: That's not a second city. It is if you're like consultants, I actually do. I'm looking for a consultant for what. I don't want to say a bad word, but one time a psychic told me that the community is very upset. This is a different one. O. You said that my my husband is wearing a suit. Well, that could be anything your husband could. It's the Charlotte in it's psychic. It's it's it's made up.
Speaker 4: It's suit, a hazmat suit to get that dirty hole. Hey, et night, Chinese.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's my that's my people. That's Chinese broccoli.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not actually Chinese, is it.
Speaker 2: It was very very racist of you to say, even more racist than what you were saying right before you got on. You came in here and you were saying a whole bloat of racist Chinese broccoli. Is that what the bats were eating in the wet market? That's you said?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I did say that. I did say that. I was saying that while I was peeing to myself. Yeah, and I was bone was right there, right there, and I was being what was that guy's name, Larry something, hm hmm. The guy who was cruising the bat Larry Craig, We.
Speaker 3: Should I think enough time has passed. And that guy, you know, his whole life was did he die?
Speaker 2: I think he had. He is dead at this point.
Speaker 4: Let's call bathroom cruising as a closeted man, Larry Craig, Larry craiging, have you ever hooked up in a bathroom?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yes? And by the way, because I realized that I'm sorry about this. We were doing our episode with Do It Lipa, and you were telling the story times you have told you before, but I did redirect the conversation in an irresponsible, annoying and Verry Matt Rogers coated way. And so I want you to take the floor. Tell us about how you had sex and Madrid Airport bathroom. That's the story. Okay, haven't have you?
Speaker 4: No, I don't think I could hygienic get hard. Yeah, I don't think I could do that in a bathroom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because the smells are because of the awareness of other people's proximity. I think growing up gay. Sorry, no, go there, just to go there. I just we'll be right back. I want what's best for everyone. Well, on second, yeah, we're back, okay, and will you were crying.
Speaker 4: I'm I don't know, I don't I just don't think I can know sure.
Speaker 3: Ideal place for an encounter probably country.
Speaker 2: I want a country.
Speaker 4: Okay, time of day, I'm gonna say Canada. I'm gonna say Toronto, Toronto, a hotel room in Toronto.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're being stupid. We did not actually ask you to expand on Toronto.
Speaker 2: What do you love about it? What? What makes it an adeal place?
Speaker 4: It's not trying to be New York. God, no, this is my impression of Toronto. Hey, we're not New York. We've got a couple of restaurants. Have fun. Yep, let us know.
Speaker 2: If you need anything, bring your kids, don't don't actually don't bring you whatever. It's it's six of one. Yeah, we got a quote unquote beach. It's just can I tell you something? Don't ever sleep ever wake up? There needs to be a gay lake and there really is. There is that's actually real culture Number two. There is at that is one of the gayest lakes.
Speaker 4: But I'm saying there needs to be like lake house culture for gay people.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The Germany Pavilion, I'm so mad. The most relaxing place on our the Germany Pavilion and Epcot. Go there, bring a beach chair, have a sour crowd and fucking pills. Pills, and that's where I'm going to be all June.
Speaker 4: Okay for Reactation Yang, Yeah, well for Pride festivities, Epcot.
Speaker 2: Well, Trump's going on in the first week of Broadway. Yeah, because Cole is still going to be an Epcot col We keep trying to get you to come to Disney with us. Well we don't. Yes, you never have. Well would you do it? No? You don't like it being growing up? Okay, we're back. You just hate it on principle. That's not true. You can say BDS, Wow, I don't like you two together. It's too much. I know, I know too much, too much.
Speaker 4: Calm down, I agree, yea, No, I bet I would like it.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, you don't have to say that. I think you would, because I think you'd see the irony in the whole thing.
Speaker 4: John Early and I once went to Disneyland.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that.
Speaker 4: It wasn't why but Splash Mountain was fun and I wish we both wish we would have.
Speaker 2: Just like cut, you can't anymore because they've renamed it. Princess Tati's by you dip. It's the same, you still splash, very much the same, but they've taken out everything that you love, which was the racism. And you were saying that before you got on the mic, and they replaced it with Princess Tana, because that's how you correct the wrongs of the hills of the world. Again.
Speaker 4: I said this when I was peeing to myself as a joke and we were both Larry Craig, and we were both Larry Craig. Look, I was looking for sex with closeted men. Of course I was going to say that stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course you were trying to attract people. Yes, these Please don't get it twisted. I don't ever want to get it twisted. Can I say something? I can't think of anything more embarrassing than getting it twisted a lot of other embarrassing things, truly, but like, what's more embarrassing than getting it twisted? Do you? First of all, ouch? How do you feel? Just generally a lot better now? Honestly, I was not in a good mood and now I really am. Okay, I'm very happy. Do you think you're gonna have s e X with someone else. Can I tell you something? No, I did the thing. Sorry, I did the thing. We'll be right back. I did the thing where I over scheduled myself on dates this week. So it's actually I'm going to reveal, okay that my guy canceled tonight because I'm going on three dates this week with three different men. Sorry. Everyone, I'm actually trying to find a partner actively. I would like that for myself. I have recently discovered about myself that I would like to be in a relationship. You're ready. I don't think I am either ready. And it's two different right, yeah, yeah, someday soon. What do you Yeah, what do you? What do you think it'll take? I think you too. Have to stop being friends. Yeah, everyone's so intimidated by him. True story. It's just like I say, no, no, he's creative. I go, no, No, he's great, he's easy, he's gonna love you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then I go and then oh, mother in law over here, nothing's good enough for her son.
Speaker 2: The last two guys I've dated have been like, I'm nervous to me bowen, and I was like, don't be nervous. He's my best friend and the kind and the best person ever.
Speaker 4: I was nervous to meet you. Yeah, when did you meet forty years ago?
Speaker 2: Forty years ago? Well, y'all did all of Europe together?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was eighty four four and Berlin was East and west, Oh my god, and we didn't know which was witch and so I was trying to buy jeans and they I said, we don't tell those here. It was. That was good, hilarious misunderstanding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you were. You were just saying before, but you missed Germany the way it was, that's what you were saying.
Speaker 4: And you gave a specific year too. God, we missed you.
Speaker 2: It's it's a fucking show. And thank you? Do you mean actually genuine there for a second said missed you? Yeah, we did maybe say that though, I'm sorry, I'm embarrassed. Do you not like to say hi to people after the show? I love it? I love it? Yes? Good, okay, because we didn't like go backstage or anything. Well, there's not a backstage at the Hortel. Oh it's a theater moment.
Speaker 4: It's like you have to come into the everyone.
Speaker 2: Clears out and the notables sort of stay behind.
Speaker 3: And yeah, yeah, the friends, the friends can I reveal at this point that the the opening night party at the hotel Run probably Run was at Houston Hall, which is a pretty very straight in the sports on the sports on the screen, And I thought that was kind of the perfect, perfect touch.
Speaker 4: I didn't see it the same way as you.
Speaker 2: Oh you were stressed out. You didn't like it.
Speaker 4: I thought, change the channel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally want to listen to you when you said that.
Speaker 4: I didn't say it to anyone. I just felt you thought it.
Speaker 2: But it's a big was your biggest that was your first and biggest mistake.
Speaker 4: You know what would be to just play at a bar? Yeah what QVC.
Speaker 2: I grew much. I should be playing qvcree. Yeah, and that would drive business, which is what you have you care about?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the economy, absolutely jobs, bringing jobs back to America, all these companies.
Speaker 2: There's nothing more American than QVC is actually culture number ninety yeah eight, there's nothing nothing more American than QBC.
Speaker 4: Because it's a conversation piece. You can talk about it. You don't have to pay attention. It's not like right, oh well now mama me is on. So I guess I'm gonna watch it, which is what I do. No, there is no through line to follow with TV sne No.
Speaker 2: Actually, in fact, there is the absence of that completely, which is why it's so great. Peak behind the curtain to when I shot. I love that for you the people that had to play, the on air people. You just have to be always talking. Yeah you literally it was. It's actually so funny when you watch because they end up saying some crazy things, sometimes just words together in like a soup that truly are just like and look at this diamond pendit now. I love this for graduations, for funerals, for you know, and and my mother had a pendant and I always remember my mother, especially now today because Janine is going to turn around and you can see the penda from the back. It's like nonsense, gobbledeep. It doesn't matter, it doesn't matter, it's nothing, but it is everything.
Speaker 3: And if you can watch it on mute and it still looks like things are happening, that is the mark of success, that which I love. And it gives you moments like the planet moon.
Speaker 4: And yeah, the planet moon, Liza. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, you know what's really wild is like actually they do watch second by second to see if the sales are going up and down, and it does correlate to like how charming they're being. Like, Like, at any given time, there are a million plus people watching this channel and gauging second by second whether they're buying something or not, to the point where like it actually corresponds with a I guess salesman flopping or not.
Speaker 4: I love the economy, you said, I love the economy. Yeah, I love inflation. Keeping up with those prices.
Speaker 2: Yeah, keeping up with the price.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got to keep up with those prices. Yeah, raise them a little bit and then give us something to aspire to.
Speaker 2: You know? Was that the big conversation at the met gala?
Speaker 4: Can I get some water?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, no, no, don't anything you like? Your job?
Speaker 4: Is my lawyer here?
Speaker 2: No? Your lawyer's not here? Who's your lawyer? You want to shut him out? Yeah? Good, Elizabeth.
Speaker 4: I bet she rocks, Elsbeth, Elsbeth, Elsbeth.
Speaker 2: Have you seen all the commercials for that show?
Speaker 4: Elsbeth, No, but I really want to watch the show. It's supposed to be good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I didn't watch The Good Fight. Neither I should. Christine's mad at you? She is? Have you met her? Christ were talking about? No, she's mad at me.
Speaker 4: Right, well, I think we can because of all that stuff you made up about me what I said, like.
Speaker 2: I didn't make anything else. It's so funny that you try to come here on what is our show? Uh huh, because even though we made a joke about you hosting it in interesting?
Speaker 4: That's really interesting? Is it interesting? It's interesting? I n C H T R S T E E ed Got it interesting?
Speaker 2: Got it? Got it? I think that.
Speaker 3: Archie Punjabi is having a moment again. Thoughts where under the bridge?
Speaker 2: We'll be right back and we're back. Wait? What is she talked about York under the Bridge? Though I didn't go to bridge? Oh you didn't?
Speaker 4: Did you go to the York under the Bridge? They were working? Did what did she do? A concert?
Speaker 2: She did an slash set under the cabridge Cambridge, But I think they called the cabridge to sort of insinuate that use under the bridge, which I find to be there was an iconic sober person. What do you think of that?
Speaker 4: I'm disturbed? Yeah, well, carefully the table is making noise, is.
Speaker 2: Shaking, he's humping, he's like a dog.
Speaker 4: Don't think gay pop and drugs go together? I actually agree I think let's just like put a let's put a pause on it. Let's put a pause on it until I figure it out what's going on. I need to get in there. No, like I'm busy with my show right now. But like if you drums, places absolutely come fall. I want to, like, I just want to open it up, open the community up, and like, look at it cool.
Speaker 3: If you were to put out like a missive to the community across the world and say stop it with the drugs for like a.
Speaker 2: Month, people would do it. I don't think they would.
Speaker 4: I think they would love drugs so much. I'm going to do it in October. Well, then I'm gonna do it in October.
Speaker 2: Was there a favorite drug back in the day? Just weird?
Speaker 4: Yeah, just baking, just baking, waking up and baking. Wait, it's we call it wake bake and we were really fun.
Speaker 2: Waken bake sucks.
Speaker 3: It was awful. It's a really bad I'm sorry if you're awaken baker. No, I just know awful. It was like, no, yeah, it is. It's a it's a.
Speaker 2: Huge alarm bell moment. Yeah. Once it becomes waken bake, that's when you have to stop and take uh, huh A second, it's recess, and I guess that's what we're saying to all the gay community. Who's really the biggest problem within the gay community is marijuana. Marijuana use is out of control in the gay community. These gays are too stoned. Yeah, they am out. Have you noticed that Taylor Swift has started to talk about weed a lot in her music?
Speaker 4: Has she yes in herre like.
Speaker 2: The Tortured Posts Department is an album about a chaotic, manic relationship, and she references like always being she was with someone that was always stoned. My friends smell like weed, et cetera. Y. Yeah, you know what I mean, Like there's a red You know what do you like to read? I don't know, because you have. I don't like pot at all. You know what I say. I don't care what pot marijuana. It's all pretty bad. It's all bad. I think reef is funny because it's stupid green flower yet never flower.
Speaker 4: Yeah, bowen, go to bed. I've never seen you do that bed. Your tongue fell out of your mouth.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm sexual. You are a sexual?
Speaker 4: Rimming the air every you know what I stopped? Yeah, I got yeah, Jardia, I had like six months. I was like, oh, I guess my stomach's just weird. Now this is a great story. You'll want to put this in the book, okay.
Speaker 2: And it's coming up right after the break Hi.
Speaker 4: I went to a dietician for my acid reflux and they ran all these tests and they said, here, you need to poop in this jar and mail it in. I said, no questions, absolutely, I'll do that.
Speaker 2: Take my poop. Take hey, you take it.
Speaker 4: And what they what they make you do is like put a bag like a little you tape basically a piece of paper onto your toilet ste oh, yes, yes, and you poop onto that paper and then they give you a little scooper yep to. I hope everyone at home is eating a nice big chocolate cake right now, and you scoop the poop and you put it into a little cup and you mail that in.
Speaker 2: Yeah to, I think the government, the government, and what do you what do you think they do with the cup? They they made clean?
Speaker 4: Mama again, I hope you're eating chocolate cake.
Speaker 2: Eating chocolate cake right now. It's poop, it's poop. Is it poop? And is it poop? Okay? So then I came out so well.
Speaker 4: Then I met with a dietician and she goes, have you been camping recently? And I was like, no, I haven't been camping since I was twelve. What what kind of weird question is that? And she was like, you have this parasite that is common with people who've maybe been camping drinking contaminated.
Speaker 2: Water or from and does she get there set? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, And then I was like, oh and then, but so the process of confirming that you have jaradia in order to get the antibiotics is there's like mailing in your poop. Yeah, And I'm like, I don't want to be mailing my poop, Like I'm leaving that behind. I said, no more, no more, twenty four, I'm not mailing my poop anyhow, I said, New Year knew me, no poop.
Speaker 2: I am not going to that mailbox with the jar of poop. Now, that's completely insane. Yeah. Yeah, well I've had it before and it hasn't stopped me. Yeah, but it was horrible And I got it on Fire Island and you saw me. Yeah, it was bad. It was not good. You you like watched him. Yeah, we shared a room. No, but I but I watched you get your ass? Was I really you? No, you didn't. Don't tell them that. I don't want to think about us like that.
Speaker 4: No, I was insinuating that you were watching him have like explosive diary.
Speaker 2: Oh, I thought you were intinuing that I was watching him that funny house. Are sharing the bed? When were we sharing the bed when I had to keep getting up? Yes, we were, and we also shared the bed.
Speaker 3: The only only only time I've ever and it was bad, like we both had like growing up moments. And the only time I ever blocked out, oh, from the fourth of July, where like they found my wallet on the boardwalk and it was amunity effort.
Speaker 2: Tokay, the only time you ever blacked out? Good for you? Really, I would say, so, I didn't really ever black out in college or high school. Hmmm, you sound like you don't believe me. No, I'm trying to go through the rolodex in my mind to think of times I've seen Bowen Yang sloppy.
Speaker 3: It was so scary because I've never like had like a black box in the memory of like, Oh, I don't remember what happened.
Speaker 2: Well, we got your back, the wallet got me back. The wallet and thank god because a lot of.
Speaker 4: I hope everybody's credit because this goes back to what I was saying about health.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were saying that right before we got on. You were saying you hope COVID comes back. Yeah, yeah, stronger because like it like a gay Yeah, it over promised delivered. You think COVID under delivered compared to what compared to what compared to what?
Speaker 4: That's a really good season two fee. I mean you be specific. I know.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I guess compared to difficult people. Okay, are you? Yes? Yeah? Did you find something ever? Come on, You're right, I shouldn't even go there. Did you ever find something since Downton Abbey that you liked as much? Yes? What Gilded Age?
Speaker 7: I was always like Sideline, Like I was sideline, We're going.
Speaker 4: To take a break and not come back. We're back, We're back. The Waltons.
Speaker 2: I don't think I know that. Is that about the Walton family? Yeah? No, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 4: They're a family named the Waltons, and it's not like the Walmart Waltons.
Speaker 2: Because you were saying before you came that you love Walmart and the family that that I love how I love their business model, Like why why is that controversial to say, like they're doing very well?
Speaker 4: Why are there on Broadway? Why shouldn't I be proud of them? And yes, they're funding O Mary on Broadway. Yeah, and I'm very proud of them. Yeah, Like, let's what they're doing is legal? Yes, like, yeah, they're cutting corners, they're underpaying, Like it's legal. If you have a problem with them, take it up with your president. Joe Biden, the one you both wanted so bad.
Speaker 2: We did We really did, Yeah, we really did it.
Speaker 4: I didn't, I wrote, I wrote in. I wrote in, uh uh. Judy Garletic, Yeah, where is she?
Speaker 2: She will be hitting trail will she's she was like, I have been wanted to be on this podcast.
Speaker 4: She's like, I want to talk about health and the gay.
Speaker 2: I bet she does.
Speaker 4: Jardia. My husband has jardia. You can't get rid of it, Jared Jared.
Speaker 2: Hey, Cush, we can't give him a cool name. No, that's not cool. That's not cool. Jake Cush, Cush, well even Cush terrible we name. Yeah, we don't like that. Gonja what about Gonjo?
Speaker 3: No, it's bad, but we really haven't come up with something good.
Speaker 2: Molly's Molly, I think funny. Who has Reef? I love it? Let's go smoke Reefer. You love it that Matt says it in a fun Wayriefer, Let's smoke a Reefer. I got Jared be saying it, not Kushner, Jared Fried, j Fried Reefer.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at you like I'm.
Speaker 2: Not sure, Like I'm a crazy guy. You're a crazy guy. I you love what I like kissing Jay every night?
Speaker 4: You tell us, yes, wait, we share a leading man, romantic lead.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. My brain not what it used to be. It's okay. I think it's getting all the time. I think you're getting smarter every day and stronger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I gotta say, well, I love to read. I'm reading books again.
Speaker 2: We're taking a European trip and Bowen described the desire to read, and I thought that that sounded so boring.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would go for depression.
Speaker 3: It was so it was really good for the bad moment that last summer. M hm was I I was probably even boring you to death with it. I was just like, I've been reading a lot.
Speaker 4: No, the thing is like you actually and this is the scary part. You did not seem different at all.
Speaker 2: That is terris because.
Speaker 3: The bad moment was like in London and I was like, I have to go somewhere. I can't be like, I can't be here for I'm sorry. I keep shaking the table. And then by this by the time I was in another place and I was among friends or a friend.
Speaker 2: Was like, this is much better.
Speaker 4: So you were lying or wait what are you saying? Yeah, you were lying.
Speaker 2: I was lying by the time you got this is not real and and you were saying that we'll be sorry.
Speaker 4: Uh now we're back. No, you really didn't seem that terrifying. That's terrifying. Do you talk to anyone?
Speaker 2: No? Yeah, yeah, Are you both in therapy like for real? Yes? With each other? With each other? You know what I just started doing what E M d R controversial? Is it controversial? Controversial? Well, I can't wait to hear everyone's opinion on it. I can't say. What I really cannot wait for is for everyone in our beloved community to tell me, yeah, how I should be doing it.
Speaker 3: Well No, but I and I didn't mean to undercut what is controversial about it?
Speaker 2: That killed John Bennett.
Speaker 3: It was E m DR that did it. Yeah, wait, why is controversial? I think it's just I think it's a relatively new form of therapy.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's like there's a lot of deband it killed John Bennet. Wow, it's a comedy podcast, then be funny. Ship God, you said before you came on here, you killed her? So what the fuck? Oh my god? In the burping? What was that? The parents?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, the guy that that killed his wife? What's it called that documentary? And then he was, oh, drink the drink? No, no, it's not the drinks. Or was the murder in Boston?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, that guy that like he he killed his wife. Huh.
Speaker 4: And then he was like in a bathroom on a live mic going he and he's like, of course I killed him.
Speaker 2: Oh have you guys seen what Jennifer did? No, what's what Jennifer Did's on Netflex. It's like, truly the most.
Speaker 4: It hits hard because it hits close to home for me because it is this Asian girl who felt so pressured by her parents to succeed that.
Speaker 2: She killed them. Killed. So that hit home for you. That's what you just said on the mic. It wasn't like Cole who said all the nasty thing. No, this is on Mike.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, no, not that I relate to her killing her wanting to kill her parents, or killing her parents. It is this thing of like she must have felt like.
Speaker 2: It's like, y'all, if things did not go a certain way, like I would have been, I would have killed So I would have like been like that kind of like you're saying, you get it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you could have seen yourself going down. No, not killing her parents, but oh my god, this is so crazy.
Speaker 2: That's I watched the Mother's Day episode that I s and now the other night that said, oh, look but one's mom. That could have turned out really different. I'm saying, I'm like, my life turned out. It was so many things aligning and it was this. No, I think what you're saying is very kagent. I think this is good. I think you're not saying I wanted to kill You're saying you understand the circumstances in which this girl did. You're saying you identify with, sympathize with, and trust her. I need to be president. Yeah, you want to comp on Broadway acting and this girl president. What Jennifer did was slay.
Speaker 3: She was like a compuls that she lied about like going to school because like her parents late, like it was.
Speaker 2: It was so crazy. I love liars. I do have to tell you. Last night I watched the Lisa ren A Lifetime movie Mommy Meaness. You gotta get into it. It's good. It's based on a true story. It's about a mother who terrorizes her daughter to like control her by texting her like horrible, vicious things from several burner phones. This is based on the story. And Rena is just like, well, I don't understand what's happening, like what was she and she goes in the goes in her closet, sits down on her computer and just and she so good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the soaps really like get people like Julianne Morcules, Meg Ryan came from soaps.
Speaker 2: Who else there's this's like a famous Oh, Margot Robbie was Australian Neighbors. Yeah, uh uh huh that what it's called neighbors. And I believe Chris Hemsworth was also on that, and maybe even Kylie Minogue back in the day. Kylie Minogue was definitely on a soap back and shout out to Kylie Minogue. Just saw her in Vegas.
Speaker 4: That was a great congrats by the way, I rolled him right back. Okay, Yeah, isn't that's any Frankel in a Last Time movie?
Speaker 2: She is. And it's another thing where it's like I have a daughter and it's weird. It's they really are pivoting to like it's me against my daughter a lot. And you know what was was so about this movie was like it literally just ends with these a we're gonna spoiler alert. She just like gets caught and she doesn't even like change. She's just like, well, I did it because I want us to be close friends. And the daughter's like, you're a fucking crazy person. She goes to jail for two days, gets out, and then the daughter moves out. That's it. There's like, no, there's no campy fight, there's no anything.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's Gypsy, it's Gypsy. It's Trump and Gypsy. Yeah, I think I think we found it right off the bat. It is Trump and Gypsy.
Speaker 2: What are it gonna be? It's just kind of giving, Like what's that bear?
Speaker 8: You'll it's kind of giving. Yeah, everybody loves Raby. That's really good. Yeah, that's what can you do? Patty Heaton.
Speaker 4: Why do Kelsey Grammar and I get ostracized for being Republicans?
Speaker 2: Uh huh, it's actually a really good question. Why why. It's just their beliefs. It's just their beliefs. Will be right back and we're back. We would you host a talk show? Yes, because I I feel like Broadway is over. Well it's over, but I feel like there is something that you got to be. You guys got to be careful because this is my community. Now you're right Broadway is I think for you? Is this fair to say? It's like the goal? It is?
Speaker 4: It was always the goal. Yeah, the secret dream in the back of my mind was always like, that's so cool, Well how do I get to Broadway? Yeah, this could not have happened. Everyone thinks I'm joking. No, no, no, I don't think, oh fuck you.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, Oh I don't mean.
Speaker 3: Because because I remember you saying this to me. It's the last and then Lestener we're talking about it afterwards, We're like, oh, that's so cool, like it's it's amazing.
Speaker 4: Like I feel like I thought every gay person was always just secretly like wanting to be on Broadway.
Speaker 2: Don't you think a little bit have that dream, not quite as much as you guys, but I think yes, I've like had like the flash of the fans.
Speaker 3: Will no no, no, no, no no no. For for me, it's just like I don't think that's like Fross.
Speaker 2: Nixon that actually would be good. I'm Nixon, I think so. I think you have a better Nixon.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, better than your Trump.
Speaker 2: Who is that? I can't wait? It's sort of like who is It's like you doing fallon doing, but it's like a cartoon villain, like like, I can't it's not Jafar, It's it's almost Jafar. To get back on track.
Speaker 4: It's very cool that you're doing Broadway and is the fantasy to stay there for the rest of your life? I would like to keep working in theater.
Speaker 2: Why just twelve weeks.
Speaker 4: I work with a numerologist who she's very powerful. This woman, her shoulders are so broad.
Speaker 2: Do you think it's because of the numerology.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's got this kind of sexy kind of Oh yeah, she's got this sexy gate. She just walks real bow legged. Yeah, and I love her. And she said twelve.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: She looked at me and she said, twelve is it actually the.
Speaker 2: Goal for you, like, because I saw you talking about this on Stradio Lab like someone else would do it.
Speaker 4: I would love for someone else to play Mary. Really yeah?
Speaker 2: And do you would you want like some like a list person to drop in or and I.
Speaker 4: Don't care as long as they're like I would want them to be like good, right, yeah? Yeah, my dream is tied up spurgess. Oh, like in a way that almost would make me be like, wait, maybe you're too good, don't don't it wouldn't. It wouldn't be that be different, That's what I was gonna say.
Speaker 2: But that would be good.
Speaker 4: And it's like thrilling, but like, yeah, imagine, imagine totally yeah yeah, and I can picture how Titus this wig would be different too, like the stupid curls.
Speaker 2: Have you had so many conversations with people where they they cast it at you? No? Really, no, why do you want to start? Sure? I mean, frankly, you'd be great. No, yeah, no, I wouldn't. But you don't think i'd be good as Mary?
Speaker 4: Hey, No, I'm thinking I think you'd be a good Mary's teacher. Yeah, you have you have you have the skull if I had to cast you in the show.
Speaker 2: It would be as I had to. If I had gun to my head leading manun to my head, I would just tell them to shoot. But I would.
Speaker 4: Say, I can't cast Matt in this show. I would say, just shooting.
Speaker 2: But no, don't actually feel bad for me. That makes it real, you monster, don't be like this is my friend breaking down, crying, weeping. God damn it. Well, I really are driving us apart.
Speaker 7: I really.
Speaker 4: I was thinking, if Bowen's Mary, then I would want you to be Mary's teacher.
Speaker 2: I think, I'd think.
Speaker 4: But I can also see a world where you're Mary and your aide I would love to see. I think I'm better casts Abe. You put all your little Asian guys as Abe, don't you. Yeah you were saying earlier, Yeah, yeah, I do not to put her, not because of Titus, and it's like such a within that circle. But like I think, for Howse, I was just gonna say, like, I mean, oh my God, wouldn't Sedares want to do it?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? God be amazing.
Speaker 4: But I would love to write plays. I would love to keep writing plays and other people to be in. I mean, what's very cool is that I think it's like, at this point, you just get to do anything and everything. I don't know, can we be They is really amazing, that's true. The industries are really amazing right now. Everyone's really excited and everyone is happy earnestly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, one deserves it more. Yeah, nobody deserves it more. Fuck no, because I'm not joining this you this is you are not the host of this podcast, my podcast. And sometimes it gets earnest thanks.
Speaker 4: I think that word thought. Yeah, deserve deserve Oh sure, because we all deserve. Of course, everyone deserves.
Speaker 2: You. You are you are sister, you never had whatever, you know, You're our idol. Stop it. I mean, it is perfect. It's also I mean, watching.
Speaker 4: The show, it's the best thing that's ever happened to me in my whole life, this show being produced. And I'm trying to like soak up everything that's that's happening right now because i know soon my turn will be over. And that's fine. All our turn We all get a turn. Then we get to the back of the line and we wait and we wait and we wait, and then we get our turn.
Speaker 2: Well, you got to get fast passed. This is why you need to go to every line.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, fine, I'll go to Epcot honestly, one day, one day, next time we're on like one of our eight day trips.
Speaker 2: Here's why I wouldn't go.
Speaker 4: I don't want to be on a plane about it. I don't want to take a plane about it, you know. But I don't want to go to the airport, get on a plane, be at the airport, get my luggage all for Epcot. Like if I was in shore wherever, where is it? Orlando exactly? And I if I was in Orlando, I would love mary down in Orlando. Yes, yes, liars, both of you smell it. I smell it seeping out of your pores.
Speaker 2: The lies.
Speaker 4: But the weed, the weed, the marijuana, the pot, YouTube pot smokers. I've had enough of YouTube pot smokers.
Speaker 2: I've had enough of us.
Speaker 4: But I would I would go to Epcot if I was in Orlando already, all right, Okay, so we just have to figure out a way to trap me in Orlando, entrapment central Florida. I did do it, We can do it. What's that face for?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know if I could do it. I don't know about like really Florida in general. The hell of a drug. But yeah, you do have to kind of go there to go to Disney World. So that's I guess where we're rubbing it. It's just it's the plane, correct, the airports. You don't like to fly. I don't like it.
Speaker 4: It's very scary because growing up there, Okay, I just like.
Speaker 2: I never got to soar and to be that high. Like it's like, m.
Speaker 7: Everything it reminds me of like what I didn't get growing up. And I'm sorry, I have to go poop.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back. Are you pooping a lot? I do poop a lot. That's good, Yeah, you poo a lot. I'm a vegan mm hmm.
Speaker 3: So all of this really supports the idea that I've had, which is that coal not to actually earnestly get on health.
Speaker 4: But I find you to be very healthy. Thank you for saying that. Overall, it's one of my main initiatives going to Broadway. Make Broadway healthy again, bring healthy back, bring health back to Broadway. People think, oh, capitalism's ruining theater because ticket prices are I think we eat right, mm hmm. We get the good eight hours of sleep we need. Finances will catch up. Do you clean well because you eat like don't sleep well. You don't sleep well. I stay up every night till five am. Seriously, tell me what time do you get up? If I'm on my own, I'll wake up at like if I have nowhere today?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Three? Really, So you're nocturnal.
Speaker 4: Nocturnal always happen?
Speaker 2: Does that bother you that you don't see the morning? Yes? What do we do? I don't know? Birding? Birding, birding?
Speaker 4: Like when oh you want to like go like look at the bird. I've thought about that because I need a hobby. It's actually, do you bird? I've started to have an app.
Speaker 2: I have an app.
Speaker 3: Merlin is the one that the Cornell Institute of Ornithology or whatever, like they have a department.
Speaker 4: Oh, they're really problematic. Actually because you're the.
Speaker 2: President, you were saying before, you're gonna and it's been your mission, Yeah, to problematize, to kill the birds, kill the beds. Very well.
Speaker 4: I mean it's interesting because that's that feeds into my I don't think.
Speaker 2: Oh you sang that song at Queer's Live I did means a lot to me again that we should do it again. It means a lot to me that you came to the show. Thank you what if we did Queers live at like Radio City Music Hall. Yeah, let's do it, do it? They offered, Actually, we're offered a show this other thing maybe we should do Maybe we should do that. That's fun, that could be really fun or Orlando, and then that's what we get. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you can get me to Orlando for a gig, I'll go to Applicot with you. Okay, but really quickly I've gone burning for oh yeah, for for just like and for curiosity.
Speaker 2: So much fun. Where do you go?
Speaker 3: The parks Prospect Park at Vale of cashmir so literally like historic cruising spot, but it is the best spot for birding.
Speaker 2: It's so funny. Sure, yeah, peckers. I was just looking for a bird thing. I know. I've got Chardia. This character is a caricature. It's so fun. Get a nice pair of binoculars and then you go, you go in the mornings and it's all how much were they? How much were they?
Speaker 4: The binoculars I actually got.
Speaker 3: I'm at a mid price, like I mean, they do go crazy, got like eighty bucks.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, they're expensive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I bought one for eighty bucks. And then but then you go there it's all these old women, but the the activity itself is free, and the old women there compared to boomer how about that generational you can't okay. And then in a group, well, there's it seems like there's there's a lot of walks. There's like a queer birding group, and there's like you know, like whatever, like different beer birding group, queer birding groups already redund but and then there's like all these guys with cameras. But it's it's like nice, it's like you get all types and it's free guys.
Speaker 2: God, that makes me so horny.
Speaker 4: I love guys with camera Oh my god.
Speaker 3: And it's it's just four different people telling you, like there's this scarlet tanneger today. Oh, like they're they're like pointing it out to you, or it's like they're politely being like, do you see there's a there's a nutatch today.
Speaker 2: It's so sweet. It's very stating.
Speaker 3: I heard, I heard, and then no, no, no it's not, and then and then I'm sorry. Looking at a bird up close in the binoculars in three D space as the lights hitting it, it is like incredible.
Speaker 4: And that sounds more healthy than and like gambling totally. But it's the same. It feeds the same, and it feeds the same. I like, I want to I want to win, I want to catch. Yes the thing and it's like all you're doing is looking at a bird.
Speaker 2: You're looking at a bird, and then you think, oh, is that gonna hurt exactly? It's maybe the race. They want their privacy. It's one of those things. It's one of those.
Speaker 3: Hobbies where I'm like, why the fuck do people get into this? And then you do it once and you're like, oh, I get it.
Speaker 4: I promised, And it seems like it would be something fun to add to traveling, Like if you're traveling and you're like, ooh, I'm going to see what kind of birds they have here?
Speaker 2: A big yellow, a big yellow. Oh the big yellow. Oh.
Speaker 3: I I went to Canada and I saw all the big yellow I'm genuinely excited to do that. Yeah, when I go.
Speaker 2: This will loop back around to activity I can't do because of color blindness. No, I am color blind as well. You actually are. I am, don't.
Speaker 4: I can't tells the difference between green and brown a lot of the time.
Speaker 2: Neither can I. Yeah, it's your red green colored one right, And so.
Speaker 4: When I was a kid, I would color the tree.
Speaker 2: Sorry, okay, I.
Speaker 7: Would color the trunks of the trees green and the leaves brown, and I would get points knocked up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Mine is two and there were only.
Speaker 4: There's only yeah, like ten points.
Speaker 2: My sister I used to think she had green hair all my life, Yeah, because she had brown hair and it looked green to me. And I thought peanut butter was green. I probably still do, to be honest. Blue and purple and peacha possible. Sometimes weird ones like orange.
Speaker 4: Have you ever worn those glasses?
Speaker 2: Yes, but they're a scam. I never tried them.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, like, oh, that would have been a fun thing for us to do today, But they're a scam.
Speaker 2: Honestly, my you did a secret Sanna and my one friend got me those colors, those glasses, and it ended up being like I put them on, and I'm like, well, if this is what everyone sees normally, it's hell yeah. And I just thought, because you know, they're like those red glasses, I just saw like red, like I didn't see anything, no new.
Speaker 4: I wonder if they bought the cheap ones or something. I mean, certainly who is this friend? Name them Chrish like like Chris, you cheap bastard.
Speaker 2: But also he got me a like a set though at the same time it wasn't the only gift he got me, like a like a shirt, was it like a So.
Speaker 4: You're a spoiled little your daddy's brat y.
Speaker 2: Yes, always have been, always will be. Yeah, never will change, will brat. I love a brat.
Speaker 3: It's so fun. Mary's kind of a brat. I love, yeah, brat, brat total I'm a brat. I know that about you. Yeah, they demanded a very nice hotel room.
Speaker 2: Did the Amsterdam and I gave it? Yeah, the sofa tel. Did we get breakfast the next day? We did? We did? Yeah, great breakfast. I rest there. I think maybe my favorite city that I've been as breakfast is Amsterdam. London's great kid naming cities. Well, I like, I forgot the rest. I loved BRUEs actually Tucky.
Speaker 4: I like California, Atlantic Ocean.
Speaker 2: It's time for I don't think so, honey. Before our friend really embarrassed him. I'm in a cave. I'm doing a thing with a cup a cave. It's a visual medium. You look silly. We got cameras since you've last been on No this is I don't think so, honey. One thing hasn't changed, one thing hasn't changed. We still do this goddamn segment. Okay, I don't think so. Money. We ran against something in pop culture that's not so great to us, and I had an experience this weekend, and I would like to talk about.
Speaker 3: Okay, tough, tough couple of days for my girl. This is Matt Rodgers. I don't think so many as time starts now, I don't.
Speaker 2: Think so, honey. If you show up to a theme party and you don't have anything on that's the theme maybe and it's no, did I tell you something? Stop it? Okay, because I haven't even been in I hadn't even been doing that for ten seconds, and you sided with all of them, and that says a lot about what's gonna happen going forward. You're gonna side with them outside of this dynamic, and I agree with Cole. I'm sick of us because if you're going to keep doing this, I'm second into my I don't think so. When I'm doing a really good one that no one's ever talked about before, which is that the theme party. People should dress the theme, and you undermine me. Just sit there and count down how much time I have left during my time? How about that? I'm sick of you at a theme party. Say the theme is New Year's Eve. I want to see a couple of hats and glasses please for Christ's sake, because I show up. If you do that again, we're gonna have a huge problem. This podcast is over. I agree, I don't think so, honey it now wait? Hold on? Was is the theme was the theme New Year's Eve? Because it was Tom Kny's birthday party held at the house of Tom Nye and Matt Whitaker, and they had a New Year's Eve themed thirtieth birthday for Thomas. And I show up and I don't know if that everyone is too cool, but no one was doing the theme. And I looked silly in a white jacket, fun glasses, yea, and it looks silly and I'm I'm the only one dressed for the theme. And then I get looked at once over by everyone and I'm like, it's the theme.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't like to see If it's a party and gay guys are there and they once over, you give me a break get out.
Speaker 2: It's like, I'm dressed perfect and y'all just look like you put a flannel on and rolled out of bed. You're on your way to Animal afterwards. I get everyone wants to look their best for Animal. The Sip and Twirl of Brooklyn. I want to apologize to you. That would be I think I'm really sorry mhm if you were offended.
Speaker 3: You there, Well, I'm really sorry for interrupting you. I didn't mean to No, that's okay, are right, And I don't mean to bring it past you know what, Oh my god that I interrupted.
Speaker 2: Equivalent injustices. You know what happens is Cole what Sometimes I get over caffeinated for the podcast and I get excited, and especially when we have a guest that I'm really excited to talk to and really like into. Yeah, I will often do the most disabled can I tell you, I don't mind.
Speaker 3: And people seem to think that I have a problem with you, like kind of like getting over enthusiastic, and it's like that's what I love and I really don't care.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's called a podcast.
Speaker 2: Bit when they go and I'm like, why are you infantalizing Bowen? Like I'm just like like I'm a child to them. It seems like it's like Bowen Yang. If Bowen Yang ever thought that I would out of pocket. I have heard it, and I would hear it and I would think that that's something we.
Speaker 4: Shared and loves wearing diapers.
Speaker 3: We were talking about this yesterday, me Josh Sharp, Max Whitert at a party and we were saying that people, we just want to try one day where we're an adult diapers, just to see what it's like, because the models on adult diapers are just the way they cast models for adult diapers is so amazing because.
Speaker 4: It is these well I've been in those rooms. Oh yeah, well and you never booked, right, But it's people who and this is why you didn't book.
Speaker 2: It's because it's people who look happy, healthy.
Speaker 4: And now you look better, but back then you brought you probably looked really gone, drinking and trying to get work as a diaper model. And that was my low, that was my rock bottom.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 4: Hungover, you know, lost my phone, lost my wallet. I would show up to these castings put on that diaper. It's you know, me and Geena Davis. That's for the not for the same spot, and she's you know.
Speaker 2: The Picture of health, the Picture of Health Academy Award winner, can be very believable in the diaper.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, you know. Yeah, But then of course neither of us got it, because that's how this fucked up industry.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I gotta say it. Well, I have to sell you something. She booked it. They just they replaced her with the coke bear. They put the coke bear over her.
Speaker 3: The cocaine bear. Yeah, yes, from Elizabeth Banks's movie. But can I tell you something? What now with this play? World's your oyster?
Speaker 2: It really is you? Thank you? Wait, you really? But you want to wear it? Like?
Speaker 4: Would you wear the diaper like in life? Like under your pants in life? Like just walk around just to walk around peepee?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah for sure. If you're gonna wear it, you might as well use it. If I pop though, I think I would pee, I would think myself, but I don't know if I'd poop on myself.
Speaker 4: We just want to try one night at the club. Listeners are gonna hate this episode.
Speaker 2: It's so much poop.
Speaker 4: I just telling I'm telling you guys right now, I have to say.
Speaker 2: It would be right in line with how they felt about our other episodes recently. So that's actually okay, all right, I think I have something I don't think that's great. And this is not three missed calls. Oh oh god, that's a little disconcerting. You know what I mean? I can wait? Okay, Well, where are they from? I'll never know because it's like random numbers. It always gives me a little bit of anxiety. Okay, this is I don't think so, honey, and it's time stress. Now, I don't think so honey. Pills You want me to put what where in my mouth?
Speaker 3: Here's what my mouth is for smiling, saying a nice compliment to a friend.
Speaker 2: You look amazing today, both of you. How are you gonna get better when you get sick?
Speaker 4: Suckin' fucking rimming? Not first swallowing a little rock. That might not make me better, It might actually make me feel worse. This mouth is exit, oh learning, that's right. Nothing goes in if I have my drathers, if my perfect days, if nothing goes into my mouth, if only stuff comes out like a funny joke, a word vomit, I'll.
Speaker 3: Say it, just kidding. I need to eat. But pills make everything a vaccine. Or actually, I would love a micro trip in me if it may, If you could just download a cure to the brain, was perfect.
Speaker 2: Seems like that was polarizing. Let me tell you something. I'm gonna get emotional. Go there. If you get sick, you better take pills. Because I know it's been very tense between us today. But if you anything ever happened to you, I would not be able to continue on. And I'm not gonna let cool between us. I really have we by the way we now know he eats with his buttholes with his mouth. Oh yeah, I'm trying to desperately out here.
Speaker 4: Ok okay, okay, worming that the as let's warm up our bodies, actually relax, roll our shoulders, little warm ups, be forever, show I do. That's good. Has taught me a lot about that's a pro. He's a he's a pro about like protecting. And yeah he's not even like actively teaching me. I'm just like watching him going cool.
Speaker 2: Here's how you do? Cut? Cow? That was so mean?
Speaker 4: That was so mean, Matt, Yeah, cow, that's that's a that's a tagalog. Yike, you better cut that. You better cut that? Can I say in a real way yes, what happened.
Speaker 2: With your Lies? Love at the Tony's Really? Thank you? Isn't that weird? Thank you?
Speaker 4: It was so good. I guess an overcrowded season, was it though? Or I just like a lot of shows. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It was yo, and then I was like when I saw that it got almost nothing, I was like, oh, maybe it wasn't eligible. Maybe that was last year and then it was eligible.
Speaker 4: But you know it's like summer movies, how they are like less likely to get oscars. Like people didn't remember it. Yeah, I guess, or I don't know. That's the only explanation.
Speaker 2: Like it just was like totally blanked across the ward pretty much. I was like, that's so surprising. Yeah, so this is actually going to be cool as schools. And they said that it has to do with feed the birds, tep int the bag, something.
Speaker 3: Along those another Mary, Yeah, very interesting. Well this is coold schools. I don't think so, honey, And their time starts now, I don't think so, honey. The scene in Mary Poppins where they go to that bank. The movie is six hours.
Speaker 2: Long, it is.
Speaker 4: That scene comes in at hour five. It takes up another hour, they get a song, the men get a song, and I understand the point of that scene is to be boring, to show like, oh they need Mary Poppins.
Speaker 2: This is boring thirty seconds you know what?
Speaker 4: Thematically? How that scene have no music?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You know right, it's Mary brings the music in and for that matter, no music before she comes in either. Okay, yeah, except for maybe the children to show that they want music. You know, because when was the last time you watched Mary Poppins.
Speaker 2: I watched the returns. No, but this isn't.
Speaker 4: I haven't watched it because you're scared of that bank scene.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. And that's when you're so right, And can I tell you something?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the whole arc of Mary Poppins. That movie is like not to bring drugs in again. It is like it's all a calm down after they go to to super califradulistic.
Speaker 2: Pot come down. It's pot comes.
Speaker 4: It's like that classic man.
Speaker 5: You're coming down off of feeling and you're like shaking and shapes sucks and you get the and you're like your teeth hurt and you're like, oh my god, why did I smoke all that?
Speaker 2: Pot drug, Wake and bag all right, Wake and bacon fly in. Yeah, that classic was like stupid. And Mary Poppins is so fucking dumb crazy you were saying before, just like every woman you said that before. Mary Poppins is so dumb, just like every crazy, hysterical woman. Now, so.
Speaker 4: Julian Andrews drag Julian Andrews can fuck.
Speaker 2: Can fuck? I bet you know what's crazy what she has fucked. And you know you think about Julie Andrews and you don't think about sucking. But and not everyone has seen Victor Vittoria. But her career after Sound of Music was I need to like let go of.
Speaker 4: I think she made a movie with Blake Edwards where she was like topless.
Speaker 2: Several movies right after. And there's a lot of subtext in Princess Diaries about how she's an informaniac.
Speaker 4: I don't think so, honey. Can I coin a phrase? I don't think so, honey. That was the Kelsey Now now it's done.
Speaker 2: Now it's done now, and now I just feel silly about the whole lot on Can I say something though? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think today this podcast and you guys are back, Thank you so much, like I was.
Speaker 2: A lot of people are period. I'm not even kidding. A lot of people are going to say.
Speaker 4: You guys are back, and I want you to be friends. Earlier I wanted you guys to not be friends.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you something? There's nothing you could have said that would have come between us? Really? Wow, that really made me scared? Really really, what do you know? Well? Should I? Yeah, that's that's the dichotomy bo and don't me? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I know, No, I really just I'm I was worried and now I'm not.
Speaker 2: You're welcome. I hope that this episode inspired confidence, and I hope it inspired period period and I hope it inspired Yeah, go see what Wicked?
Speaker 4: Oh Mary, go see Wicked the movie and oh Mary on Broadway?
Speaker 2: How do you think Wicked the movie is going to be Pretendy's not here?
Speaker 4: Oh I can't wait. I really can't. And I've never seen it on stage.
Speaker 2: You've never seen it on.
Speaker 4: I know, I I know, I would, I know, I would.
Speaker 2: You gotta go, you gotta go.
Speaker 4: It's that thing where I forget that.
Speaker 2: Can just go. Oh yeah, yeah, absolutely can just go.
Speaker 4: In fact, I'm like I don't have tickets, like, oh you get ticket, you get tick.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say you should go tonight, but it's Monday and famously dark.
Speaker 4: But oh Mary will not be talk on Monday in the summer. Wow, perfect, Then what are you dark? Then Sundays? You did tell me that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh, like no, Conrad's like very very, very very religious.
Speaker 2: I'm kidding. I was like trying to search my mind. I remember if that was true. It's deeply not. He's such a heathen.
Speaker 4: He is he believes in like up ending all social norms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, chaos. Yeah, this is a Judaeo Christian podcast, by the way, so we have to sort of float away from that.
Speaker 3: You did inspire me to go see Hello Delity by myself?
Speaker 2: Wait where?
Speaker 3: Because when when Bernardette was oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yes, yeah, I think you know, I had a conversation.
Speaker 2: It was like I gotta go myself. I couldn't afford it. At the time. It was it was like I could not get tickets and couldn't afford it, And I feel so fucking crazy that I didn't.
Speaker 4: I feel that way about Patty and gipsy id tickets at the time.
Speaker 2: You know what's weird. I saw a Mattine it and At the time, I was like she was marking and I felt crazy thinking that, but like I think she was, well, I'm Laura.
Speaker 4: An apt crush show is I can't imagine doing that fight times.
Speaker 2: See, and that's why I don't go to Matine's and it's it's no shade, and I'm sure everyone does. But I also think that the performers know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: When I play I see it on a Thursday night, Yeah great.
Speaker 2: Why do you think Thursday night is the best?
Speaker 4: I am always like, oh, weekends, that's too many shows. They might be tired. Tuesday they're just coming back. Yeah. Wednesday sometimes they have a matinee and then they have an evening show and they's amazing perfect. So Thursday is right before that weekend show. They've had enough time to, you know, Wednesday, having done several weeks off. Brobably, when do you feel strongest? It doesn't matter, It doesn't matter. It really doesn't matter. Like some days I'm like, oh my god, that Sunday matinee was amazing. Some days I'm like, oh, Friday night.
Speaker 2: It really is. Like so then that's how Patty was. I mean, listen, yeah, it's Patty. I don't need to be convinced at all. Like I was just like, oh, I think because I was with my family, I think, and at the time, like always, but we were being sort of like, you know, cognizant about how much we were spending on it. They were like, oh, let's go to a Wednesday mane or whatever it was. And I remember leaving being like, oh, I wish that that could have lived up to what my little gay brain made it, which was absolute, roaring performance of a lifetime at all times.
Speaker 4: And it should have been the audience too.
Speaker 2: It absolutely could have.
Speaker 3: Patty, we love you, one of the best to we we love you, we want you to live, a line that we quote all the time from Waiting for Go. Yeah, good one, Goky, we love you, we want you to live.
Speaker 2: It's so funny.
Speaker 4: Catherine O'Hare would be a great Mary. Oh my god, Oh my god, Wood Parker, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I mean, but she's also in white Lotus right now. No she's not. Oh she was fired. Oh, oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: Chaotic behavior. Oh no, personal differences.
Speaker 7: You're kidding, guys, I'm kidding, okay, April.
Speaker 2: Fool you know what I love to say. What you're kidding, You're kidding, You're kidding. Oh my god, you are you kidding? You can do it so many different ways. No, I'm auditioning for you because I really want you to want to cast me in the show. You want me to catch you want me to want you as Mary. No, that's not what I say. No, I don't want that, and I don't think i'm right for it. Oh yes, I think, yes, you are as me as Abe and whatever. Husband, No, I'm not going to say it. Cool.
Speaker 4: Whenever I get auditions, I'm always thinking like, oh, gidding, click should get this?
Speaker 2: Oh Matt Roger City is all the time. Yeah, but actually less as of late. As of late, I'm kind of like, hey, I'm in not bad, Like I actually have a big audition this week, and I actually think. No, I don't think there's anyone that that could be.
Speaker 4: That could be, But I don't think you will get that one. No, it's too soon, it's too you're not ready, it's too big and I only just started. Yeah, well, listener, you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you.
Speaker 2: Sure, Queen, we.
Speaker 4: Are three neo you mean No? I love being. I love being.
Speaker 2: This is Broadway, baby. You watch your back or you wash your mouth. You know what, I'm actually you know what, I'm actually at work. I'm upset for you because we Actually no, I'm not because you're gonna have Sundays off. Yeah, this is a real thing. You have to go see the sunset Boulevard with the culture singer. Wait, is that coming here? Yes?
Speaker 4: Oh, let's go, let's go, Let's go Sundays.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, I went in the West End. It was so great. She is perfect in it, the like concept that they went for Jamie Lloyd. Really everyone like it's an all queer cast, right. I wish that were so right just because they were. They were gorge It's all queer cast, right, you you're kidding. It's Queer's Live. It's what I was talking. It's like a fully like queer crew.
Speaker 4: All everyone on the team is queer. Is a mabb what's a sign mail of birth?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 4: But something I do want to say is I need everyone to buy tickets to Bernadette Peters on Fire Island.
Speaker 2: That happens, that's happening.
Speaker 4: I need everyone to buy tickets so that they add a Sunday shows a Saturday and but I think maybe a lot is sold out.
Speaker 2: It's on a Saturday in June.
Speaker 4: Or that's what they did for Patty last year, was that they sold out so quickly that they just said, I.
Speaker 2: Need to know.
Speaker 4: Waybe Bernadette wouldn't want to add a second show, but I would, but I'm dying.
Speaker 2: This is look to look to the camera like make your make your please mom a day at a day she was talking to me.
Speaker 4: At a day of Bernette Peters on Fire Island.
Speaker 2: Growing up. Yeah, that would be amazing. I mean we saw twice. I saw both nights were there that weekend. I don't know how who got me in.
Speaker 4: I bought the ticket for the second night, the first night tickets.
Speaker 2: I need to know what day it's happening, because you gotta go. Well, Boonen's working all of June, but I'm going to be there. What people's court. Yeah, oh, you would be great as like a judge on one of those shows. Well he's not very fair. He barely even let me get me through my own things.
Speaker 4: But you have to be more entertaining than fair, right, you're so right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And if there's entertaining, yeah, as in making you know, dishes, he's gonna show his butt in a movie.
Speaker 3: I've been going to. You're gonna see squat ass squats and hip thrusts.
Speaker 4: I've never seen my buttthole and keep it because of the hair, because of the hair, and but just it's the color is The producers are puking, by the way. All the producers are puking, by the way.
Speaker 2: All fired. We have to end the episode.
Speaker 4: I believe. But I just wanted to read a book.
Speaker 2: For you guys instead of instead of us ending every episode with the song, can you end the episode with an excerpt from a book? Yeah, okay mmmm.
Speaker 4: Success is counted sweetest by those who ne'er succeed to comprehend. A nectar requires sorest need not one of all the purple hosts who took the flag today can tell the definition So clear of Victor A as he defeated dying on Who's forbidden ear the distant strains of triumph ring agonized and cleared. That was Jake ha Rowling, Yes, speaking about trans races.
Speaker 2: Bye bye bye A Lot of Culture.
Speaker 3: Racis is the production by Will Ferrel's Big Money Players in iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Podcasts, created and hosted by Matt Rogers and Bowen Yang executive produced by Anna Hasnier and Hans Soni, Produced by Becka Ramos, edited mixed by Doug Bamimni for Board, and our music is by Henry Murski