Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Carol Masser along with Tim Stanevik. Let's get to some stocks on the move on this Thursday. Bloomberg News Equities reporter Avalon Pernel is in the house. How are you very good?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 4: Always fun to be here.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you. We'd like to have a little bit of a party when we're in here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mark's not really partying today. Is going on with the stocks that you're at?
Speaker 4: Very true. We could go and start off with Meta Platforms at Sticker, Meta falling about eight point one percent for an party, very much not a party because in today drops since October, and that's after Meta and Google were found liable in the first social media addiction trial. Analysts are saying that the Landmark decision could point to ongoing risk, understandably so for both companies as they continue to fight thousands, potentially of these similar claims.
Speaker 3: That's interesting because they didn't go down that much yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this happened before two o'clock yesterday, so the market was still open. And we didn't see a big reaction, but I guess now analysts are coming out with sort of their how they view things.
Speaker 4: Carol.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know earlier today it was down at only five point six percent. That was a session low. Now down eight percent.
Speaker 3: Wow, I'm just going to throw this out, No idea there's a connection. But there is a story on the Bloomberg about Mark Zuckerberg, of course, of Meta Platforms meeting Senate Majority leader John Thune. According to a person familiar with this schedule. So I don't know exactly what that means. We know these tech execs and heads.
Speaker 2: Have been up.
Speaker 1: It looks like they're meeting right now. According to PBS, Mark Zuckerberg arrived at Centert Thune's office at two twenty two today.
Speaker 3: Just thrown it in, you know, little a little ad in there for you. Okay, So Meta definitely down a lot. Valero Energy I saw this one actually rallying.
Speaker 4: Yes, you were absolutely correct. It is up about five point eight percent to hit a record high. That's after we reported that Valero's Port Arthur refinery could restart some units as soon as next week after an explosion shut down the plant on Monday. Also important to note that energy stocks as a whole continue to arise as the attacks continue in the Middle East, and President Trump saying earlier that Iron should get serious about getting to the discussions table before it's too late. So we'll keep an eye out for that as well.
Speaker 3: Definitely an awperformer, though when you look at those energy names, let's go to something. Actually, I feel like you should bring it in because you actually brought this to my attention.
Speaker 1: To Jack Daniels. Yeah, let's talk a little about the parent company of Jack Daniels. You find him in Louisville, Kentucky.
Speaker 4: Brown formam absolutely correct. That is ticker BF slash B gaining about eight point one percent for its biggest injury day jump since last March. That's after Bloomberg reports that the French beverages company Perno Richard, is exploring a potential acquisition of the owner of Jack Daniels Whiskey. Important to note though, that the Brown family has the majority of voting control and has rejected previous attempts to purchase the companies. But we all know there's been a lot of weakness in alcohol and beverages just in general, so maybe that could make the deal more likely obviously unclear.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people not drinking though.
Speaker 2: The stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.