Speaker 1: Second date, up date, Where did you have the worst first date of your life? Oh that's a big question.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: For Brook, it was at a Chucky Cheese when she got ditched in the ballpit by your cousin's scooter. He said he was coming back with pizza for both of them, but nope, she got out and found him in the arcade playing whack a mole with himself.
Speaker 1: Well, hey, how old were you?
Speaker 4: Don't judge? I started young, Okay.
Speaker 3: One of our listeners, Henry, says he had his worst first date happened recently at a carnival.
Speaker 4: Oh same, I mean, very similar to my experience.
Speaker 1: So we'll hear about that. Henry. Welcome to the show man, hey.
Speaker 2: Man, thanks for having me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, no, it wasn't.
Speaker 2: It wasn't the ballpit.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well we'll get into the details of what happened at the carnival, but first tell us about the girl that you went out with.
Speaker 2: Who she is Kylie? And she is freaking gorgeous.
Speaker 1: Yeah right.
Speaker 6: I was like, is there ugly Kylie out the ugly Kylie's text in to seven to reveal yourself.
Speaker 1: We need to know that you're out there. But she's gorgeous.
Speaker 2: She was gorgeous.
Speaker 5: Man. So we met on the dating app, okay, and they show up and you think they're not really going to be as gorgeous as they were in the photos, but she was so right off the bat.
Speaker 2: I'm like, it's gonna be good.
Speaker 4: Okay. So that makes you excited, not nervous, oh.
Speaker 2: Totally, I mean the average nerves, But I'm excited.
Speaker 1: So what did you guys do together with the carnival?
Speaker 5: So I figured neither of us had been to a carnival since we're kids, and let's go be kids, let's go play.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a date idea.
Speaker 7: I mean it's open to a lot of like funny moments and also romantic moments.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that's exactly what both of us thought until we get there. And I don't know, you remember clearly the carnivals from when you were a kid, But all of the people that work there are.
Speaker 2: Kind of they look sad, They kind of look like they're in prison.
Speaker 4: I actually noticed that as a child as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got to get on their level.
Speaker 4: It's not an easy job. Doesn't seem like a fun job, no, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, carnies have a stereotipy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean why would that ruin your date? Though?
Speaker 5: Well, it's just a weird environment when you're trying to be on this first date and you're throwing baseball at a milk jug that being run by some strung out neighborhood Cracklet Wow, that was a lot of.
Speaker 1: I use this milk because apply twenty minutes ago. You at least smile over there while I'm winning this giant Teddy Bear.
Speaker 5: Please, yeah, come on, man, I mean I'm paying you money, so put on the show.
Speaker 1: Actually, don't smile because I'm going to see all the teeth that you're missing.
Speaker 4: I mean, did you say stuff like that about these people while.
Speaker 2: You're on the date or not?
Speaker 8: Of course.
Speaker 5: We're kidding.
Speaker 4: That would be like the number one reason calling.
Speaker 5: Yeah, honestly, the date was incredible, Like we got cotton candy. We're doing all these rides and so this is where it goes bad. Okay, you know you have to get tickets to go on the rides. Most rides are five tickets per ride, and sum are kin right, And at the end of the night were left with three tickets and we're like, all right, well, what are you gonna do with three tickets. And there's this one rankty looking ride left that only costs.
Speaker 2: Three tickets called.
Speaker 5: The Circle the Seven Seas upside down Pirate Ship.
Speaker 7: Oh, the big pirate ships that go around in a circle, like where it goes back.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Okay, So you're strapped in and you're both facing each other and it's flipping over itself. Okay, and I'm a pretty skinny guy, so maybe I didn't tighten it up enough, but I started to slide through.
Speaker 4: Oh no, Oh my god, that's actually scary.
Speaker 2: It was terrifying.
Speaker 5: I fell out of my seat onto her and it's still flipping and they don't see this.
Speaker 2: They don't stop the ride. No, not really, I mean, my spirit.
Speaker 4: Was she injured?
Speaker 7: I just imagine you like slamming into her as it slips over.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm sure you wanted to slam into her at some point in the night, but not.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 5: She I was able to kind of keep my hands, so I'm just bouncing at her and she's screaming and I'm screaming.
Speaker 8: Horrible.
Speaker 5: The worst part of it was when it finally stopped. The carnival dude opens the cage door and I can falling and rolling out of it, and she just starts walking and I'm like, the whole night was great until now. So I'm I'm trying to apologize. And I hear one of these dudes say, well, that was full off.
Speaker 4: That is terrible.
Speaker 3: It happens a lot to them or something pretty emasculating for that to happen in front of your date.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And just the fact that I couldn't hold myself in my seat. I felt like a little kid.
Speaker 4: It's not your flight. Yeah, it's gravity's fault. It's that, you know, Harness's fault. It's not your fault a girl.
Speaker 3: To r something, well, it is kind of his fault for choosing the worst ride in the park.
Speaker 7: On the on the ferris wheel so you can promly kiss on the top.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: You said that she walked away after that was done, Like, how did it?
Speaker 1: How did that night end?
Speaker 2: We drove home in Thailand. I could tell that she didn't want to talk about it.
Speaker 4: YI, So you don't think it's like a red flag that she wasn't crying.
Speaker 5: I mean, I would have liked for her to say something, but honestly, I think she might have been in shock, just as much as I was.
Speaker 3: All Right, well, let's find out maybe she's had a chance to calm down a little bit and process what happened. We're gonna call her and get your second date update. Find out why she's not calling you back right after this.
Speaker 2: All right? Thanks? All right?
Speaker 1: Hold on second date update.
Speaker 3: We're in the middle of a second date update with Henry, who went on a date to the carnival with a cutie named Kylie. They were having a really good time together, minus all the sad looking carnival workers who were totally bumming him out, but the guy The worst part happened on the final ride of the night, when Henry slipped out of the restraints mid ride and got rattled around the cage. Luckily he's okay, but the mood was definitely killed after that. Even the guy working the ride laughed when he stepped out, saying that was funny. So, Henry, how bad are you gonna feel?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 3: If you find out Kylie hooked up with that tweaker operating the ride. We've heard weird things happen on the show. Hopefully that's not the case.
Speaker 1: No one was thinking that, Jeff, I just thought it.
Speaker 4: I think it's an option.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hope that's not the case. I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have gone home with that guy.
Speaker 3: Okay, are you sure, because I know Brooke would have a job.
Speaker 4: My name is Brooke. I'm not Kylie probably was in to me.
Speaker 2: She was into me, for sure.
Speaker 1: And on the bright side, you you cheered up a sad carnival worker for just a few minutes. That's a good thing.
Speaker 7: Slapstick comedy, still funny.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're good for him, but keep in mind I almost died in his age of death.
Speaker 4: But almost.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sounds like.
Speaker 4: You have. Have you texted with her at all? Or has this been no communication?
Speaker 5: There's been zero communication. I texted one hoping she would respond, and she has not.
Speaker 1: Well, hopefully, let's get the communication back on track. Here. We're going to call her now and see what she has to say.
Speaker 6: Here we go, Hello, Hi, is this kylieh idea? Who's this?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: You mean you can't tell?
Speaker 4: Okay, she doesn't find it funny.
Speaker 1: She tries to listen to our show.
Speaker 3: Bro I thought maybe a second time might work, But now we're uh, we're a morning show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 8: Okay, hey, Kylie, Hi.
Speaker 1: Everybody's here, My co host Brook Jose, Alexis.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 8: There's like what four people?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh man, hot and good at maths. I like you, Kylie.
Speaker 1: We hear you're quite the catch. Who told you that one of our listeners, Henry, who you went out on a date with the other night.
Speaker 8: Oh god? What exactly is this about?
Speaker 3: This is about a segment that we do called a second Date Update, and we're hoping to get some answers for why after you guys went to the carnival together, there's been no communication between you two.
Speaker 8: Did he tell you about the carnival?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Most of it sounded really fun. Yeah, the first great time.
Speaker 1: First ninety five percent of the night went really smooth.
Speaker 4: Would you agree with that assessment?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Maybe ninety four percent.
Speaker 1: Okay, sorry, I don't argue with the math wiz, but that's good.
Speaker 4: I mean that's a pretty good percentage for a date.
Speaker 8: The best part was the waffle chee. I'll say you that right now.
Speaker 4: I think you can get more attractive, Kylie.
Speaker 2: Did you have a turkey leg?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Actually, don't answer that.
Speaker 1: Let's not get into the food. I'm gonna ask all food questions.
Speaker 3: I mean what, we're on a mission right now to try and get some answers for why you're not calling Henry back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this is what we know.
Speaker 3: The part that went bad, according to Henry was when you did the Last the Night, like the pirate ship called Circle the Seven Seas.
Speaker 8: The children's ride, Well aren't they.
Speaker 7: He described it as like you were locked into a cage and you're both facing each other and then you flip, like the cage flips upside down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a different ride than it sounded pretty intense.
Speaker 8: No, that's it. But it was a children's ride.
Speaker 4: What do you mean it like a teenage child or like a small child, like when.
Speaker 1: They had a small small roller coasters that don't really do much kind of kid ride.
Speaker 9: Like it was only two or three feet off the ground, Like we only had like three tickets left to thin, and you know it's not going to be a good ride with three tickets left.
Speaker 4: Oh, so it wasn't a scary ride.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're picturing something enormous that was like forty feet off the ground, tossing you.
Speaker 1: All over the place.
Speaker 7: I thought it was like the zippers that meets that ship things, right, almost.
Speaker 4: A fairish wheel sizer.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: No, it was like six to nine year olds thing.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, was there a cage in restraints?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 9: There was restraints, but I mean he wasn't even He's too big for them, Like they couldn't even get attached to him because.
Speaker 8: It didn't fist.
Speaker 7: Wait, that's not fair, like you guys went on the ride together and the restraints didn't fit him.
Speaker 4: I mean it sounded like it was a scary experience from what you're describing.
Speaker 8: You're talking about an adult ride. This was not an adult ride. This was a child's ride, moving like two miles an hour, fairly two feet off the ground. We were tilted at the.
Speaker 4: Most, tilted at the most.
Speaker 1: Wow wow.
Speaker 9: And then suddenly he slipped out and randomly falls on me.
Speaker 4: Oh now, I get it. That is a bad line.
Speaker 3: Obviously a miscommunication here. Either he's not telling us the whole truth.
Speaker 4: That's the one I'm leaning towards, Jeff towards that one.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, let's take his restraints off from the phone line and bring him on, because I need to tell you, Kylie. Henry's on the other line listening this entire time and wants to talk to you, Henry.
Speaker 1: Henry, Uh, yeah, what do you have to say for yourself?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that dude kind of embarrassing, man.
Speaker 1: I mean, dude, you didn't tell us it was a children's ride that you got hurt on.
Speaker 4: I felt bad for you.
Speaker 2: You didn't ask me if it was a kid's ride or not.
Speaker 5: It was scary to me.
Speaker 1: The way you described it made it sound like this enormous crazy experience.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I apologize to her.
Speaker 5: You you guys go in this little bitty cage that you hardly fit in and get fun in circles like that sounds.
Speaker 4: Scary to me.
Speaker 9: Bro in circles, we were tilted to the left.
Speaker 8: Barely degree angle.
Speaker 2: I have a bad equilibrium.
Speaker 3: Maybe a carnival isn't a great idea for someone with a horrible equilibrium.
Speaker 2: I have heard.
Speaker 7: I like how you were calling all the Carneyes creepy, and it turns out that you were the creepy.
Speaker 4: I see why they laughed.
Speaker 5: Now, Yeah, okay, you guys are kind of getting mean over here because I thought that y'all were trying to help me out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you were being honest. I mean, you have to admit you just used it as a way to get close to her.
Speaker 5: Look, I can see how you all would have heard this and thought that I was blowing it out of proportion. But everyone experiences things differently, and people get scared of different things.
Speaker 4: All right, Yes, so you're sticking to that you were scared.
Speaker 6: I was, you were.
Speaker 8: I was.
Speaker 9: If you were so scared, why did you say you wanted to.
Speaker 8: Do it again?
Speaker 1: You wanted to go again.
Speaker 8: But I wasn't going to go out like that.
Speaker 2: I wanted to prove that I'm tough and I'm a man.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get I'm gonna get right back on that children's ride and show those five year olds.
Speaker 4: Boss, you want to see me till to the left.
Speaker 2: I'll go back to the well. She she didn't want to get back on the ride.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kylie, Why wouldn't you givehim another chance to reclaim his manhood?
Speaker 9: Oh god, I would have if he was crying more than a seven year old who got off the part beside of us.
Speaker 4: He was actually scared this whole time. I thought it was a ploy to get close to you.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Yeah, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Sometimes when I land on top of people, I cry too, And that's totally okay. And that's why I would love to.
Speaker 3: Offer to send you to on another date, to someplace with no rides, maybe just a restaurant, and we'll pay for it.
Speaker 1: Kylie, what do you say?
Speaker 9: I mean, you guys would save a lot of money because he'd probably order off the kids menu.
Speaker 8: I like, I don't think so, I think.
Speaker 2: I Come on, Kylie, it'll be fun.
Speaker 8: Your definition of fun is not mine.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, well fine, then I don't. I didn't. I didn't want to either, soh.
Speaker 1: Kylie, he showed you. Oh I can't believe you're rejecting this man.
Speaker 7: Yeah, if he's tall enough to ride the ride, then what he may still cry?
Speaker 2: I wasn't even crying that much.
Speaker 1: Okay, here was a manly level of crying. Jeffrey in the morning.