Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably shakee d I am Jaselle Bryant.
Speaker 1: What's what's up? I'm Robin Dixon. Thank you for being here with us once again.
Speaker 3: Okay, so wait is this two hundred? What episode is this?
Speaker 1: Is this?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I think we're creeping up on two hundred. Wow, which is like, you know a thing.
Speaker 1: I'm sure this is the This is the longest job I've ever had, but it's yeah, it is.
Speaker 3: Oh no, oh Potomac.
Speaker 1: It is the longest job I've ever read. But after Potomac, this is the longest job I've ever had.
Speaker 3: Yes, no, it's it's it's a good thing. It's a good thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, So we're trying to figure out what episode this is because I have no clue neither.
Speaker 3: This is episode no, no, no, no, no on five Okay, this one eighty five?
Speaker 2: Its slow down, I know, I know, because once we get to two hundred, it's like then we've arrived.
Speaker 3: Then we've arrived.
Speaker 1: Yes, not one hundred hundred least because it's like one hundred could be a fluke.
Speaker 3: Two hundred episodes. It's like serious, that's consistent. Yeah. Anyway, how you feeling?
Speaker 1: I feel good?
Speaker 3: You do? Yes, you got a shady moment?
Speaker 1: I do so the other day? All right, so I'm telling on myself like it's it's me.
Speaker 3: Robin, it's always you. I know how a mess? Okay, okay, what happened?
Speaker 4: Mess?
Speaker 3: What happened? What happened? The other day?
Speaker 1: I'm in my son, Carter's room, my younger son, and I was just like, Robin, you are soft up in shady.
Speaker 3: What why?
Speaker 1: My child, for the past maybe four or five months, I don't know how long, has been sleeping on a mattress on the floor.
Speaker 3: What why?
Speaker 1: So the bed he had was too small, well it was it was a day bed. So again it was too small. So it's like a twin size too small. But Corey slammed tackled one of his friends into the bed and then the.
Speaker 3: Frame bent right, okay, lovely.
Speaker 1: So for a minute Carter was sleeping on a mattress on a bed frame, a bent bed frame, like he literally was like his bucket.
Speaker 3: Yeah okay. So then eventually was bloodrushed into his head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So then we got the frame taken out of here, right, Okay, So then I ordered him a bigger mattress, full size mattress.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and.
Speaker 1: I ordered him a bed frame from Ikia.
Speaker 3: Why we know, we are done with that place. I know, like I don't. We were done with that place in college, right, So I don't.
Speaker 1: Know why I got the Okay, I know why I got it because years ago I had my entire interior designer like come up with a a rendering for like to like design their rooms. Yeah right, but I was supposed to like execute it. It was like more like a like a I don't know, like a e design thing, right. So in the rendering it has like all the places to like buy the stuff, and one of them like the bed is for my kid. It was it was like nice, it has like drawers and blah blah blah blah. Then you who's putting this together exactly exact? Oh god, I'm tired right now. Just listen to the store exactly. So, like I have ordered the parts, they're they're here in my house, but I just haven't had anyone come to put it together. So I've had this bed frame that in that that comes in four boxes.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you know you can get like a handyman. I know you can rent a handyman. I know, and you know I have a handyman.
Speaker 1: But you know, well no that other handyman one that messes things up.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So I'm like, okay, listen to Kevin.
Speaker 1: So I'm just like, but I was like, Robben, this is traveling. Your poor chow's keeping on a mattress on the floor, and you have the bad hair, but you just haven't had to put together bed here, haven't put it together. And then additionally, I already told you all this a long time ago. His dresser his he don't have a dresser. He got rubber made bends.
Speaker 2: Okay, Carter, Carter's out here living so like you don't even belong in the Dixon household.
Speaker 3: And Corey probably got everything.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this is so and y'all wonder we like Carter gonna grow up and have like.
Speaker 1: Really some some mental issues here. It's gonna be all my fault. Yes, it's gonna be his mama's out so much. I know, it's so bad. So I was like, oh my god, Romen, like this is bad.
Speaker 3: Yes, get it together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that that's on my project list.
Speaker 3: Free Carter.
Speaker 1: So let's hope next time from his mama. Yes, yeah, okay, so between now and next week, they let's get that handle. Yeah please, yeah, okay try Okay.
Speaker 2: So my shady moment, I was, and this has been all over the internet. I participated indepriparate.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah I did see that. Yes, I I was. I was there. We had a float and I'm here for the pride.
Speaker 1: It was beautiful. I'm here for the pride, I'm here for the love. I'm here for all of that. What are you not here for?
Speaker 3: So you know, if you get on a float, you can't get off, You're stuck. How long was that? Okay?
Speaker 2: First of all, nobody told us, and this is you know, per Ashley Darby.
Speaker 3: Nobody told us.
Speaker 2: But first of all, there was three hundred some floats. Okay, let's be I'll back all the way out. Girl Pride was in DC this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So World Pride is different than just regular pride.
Speaker 2: Like people have, cities have pride, they celebrate pride in the month of June in their cities, but when a city is hosting World Pride, it's whole thing.
Speaker 1: I didn't know it was World Pride. I thought that was DC Pride.
Speaker 2: No well yeah, no, so and they were the hosts and like, for instance, maybe it was five years ago or so or six years Andy, we were all on the Pride Parade in New York.
Speaker 1: New York was hosting World So that was the same thing, the same thing. Okay, nice So.
Speaker 2: And I don't know, maybe because it was Andy, maybe because Bravo did something special back then.
Speaker 3: I don't remember being stuck on a float for that long.
Speaker 2: So there was three So for this one, there was like three hundred some floats and we were like number eighty.
Speaker 3: Wow exactly, Holy moly.
Speaker 1: But you gotta be like on your float, like near your float, on your float, waiting to gosh, and how long is the path or was it like two miles two and a half miles, sothing like that, but slow.
Speaker 3: It's slow. But you got to be there all day because you gotta wait, wait, and waiting for your float to go. Oh gosh.
Speaker 2: Okay, So there was that. So then we get on the float and you know, we had a DJ. So we're all dancing. We excited.
Speaker 3: It's love and the air, it's positivity, all the things. Yeah, my body is still trying to recover.
Speaker 2: From me being on that freaking time well, standing up, dancing around, just being excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I was in the bed for three days and my body still has.
Speaker 1: Not And it was probably was a hot outside.
Speaker 3: It was hot outside because it was to rain. It didn't rain.
Speaker 2: It was like eight pack degree our float, the ground of our floa actually the whole day and float was black, so we were absorbing all of the sun.
Speaker 3: Listen, Pride beat me down, y'all. Oh gosh, I mean, I'm here for the pride, y'all. I mean, and this is the thing everybody needs to know. If you get on the float, be clear. You cannot get off.
Speaker 1: You're not getting off.
Speaker 3: You're not getting off.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wow, yes, I do remember when it was. What season was that season one or two of Housewives? We did season two, Yes, it was too it was two. It never aired, but we walked in the.
Speaker 2: We did with d C, which I kind of feel like, and mind you, they didn't show us, so this was a whole day thing. This is when they lied to us and said this was seen. It was gonna be an hour yeah, and it was eight hours long. Yeah, So I think that was better. I think being on a float you have to like break your body has to brace itself really, because the thing is moving subconsciously or unconsciously. You're like bracing yourself, plush your dancing around, you're having fun. I think that is more exhausting, I think than walking.
Speaker 3: Walking is just walking.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, So I don't know, but let me tell you so and and back season two, ain't nobody know who we were, So it was just kind of just walking exactly.
Speaker 3: It was like whoa wow.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm here for the Pride, but y'all I'm gonna need I don't know when it's coming World Prize, coming back to DC, I'm gonna need that entire time to recuperate.
Speaker 1: Yes, because y'all put me through it. Okay, So guess what Love Hotel is over? Oh okay, yeah, you feel me? What are we are? We I have talking about the results. Yes, we're talking about the results.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So if you are watching Leve Hotel and you're not up to speed on it, disclaimer like okay, five four.
Speaker 3: Three two one, okay, Okay, So I picked my person.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: His name is Theo. Theo. Okay. THEO lives in New York.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's an oral something oral surgeon may be nice, okay, divorce has two children. THEO was like, I think he's in his late forties, I think, And I picked him over Phil because Phil was just like a little older, just a little bit more soulf Phil was the guy from La La. Yes, okay, yes, so after I can this is now tea I after the Love Hotel, so me and THEO had made plans to like do Halloween together because you know, I'm always in New York.
Speaker 3: So it's like, okay, cute, this is cute.
Speaker 2: And that's kind of like why I picked him, because it was like, I'm always closer.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, La is like the other side of the world. Yeah. So yeah, THEO lost quote, lost his phone.
Speaker 2: So me and THEO were communicating like right when we left the Love Hotel and then all of a sudden and he was communicating. Now, mind you, the guys are all friends and they they talk on a group chat like every day.
Speaker 3: Oh oh that's cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah that THEO got himself out of the group chat or I don't even know if he was in the group chat, so like maybe he mad at the guys, I don't know. And then he stopped communicating to me what and then he said he lost his phone and then and then he found his phone.
Speaker 3: But at that point I was like, THEO, you can kick rocks. Player has a wife. THEO has a fiance. I got two wives.
Speaker 1: Yes, THEO, why did you come to Cabo? He has people at home that are like, is this you want television?
Speaker 3: That's not me? THEO.
Speaker 1: We trd to figure out why did you come to Cabo? Why are you at the Love Hotel? I think we go to each other, but I mean, like.
Speaker 3: THEO, why were you there?
Speaker 1: When did you call to the Love Hotel? That's wow, makes no sense. Okay, so we're this. Let's give us a timeline, y'all. Film Love Hotel September. In September, and this is what June? This this is June. So when's the last time you spoke to THEO?
Speaker 3: Maybe October?
Speaker 1: Dane?
Speaker 3: Then what the hell is wrong? It was the Ghost Motel.
Speaker 2: She and you have to understand this is a show, so you can imagine like production was losing their minds.
Speaker 3: They were like, we can't find this man.
Speaker 1: What and you know, like to do like pick up scenes, interviews or something.
Speaker 2: Not necessarily interviews, but like they had they had press I mean not press.
Speaker 3: What do you call it when you when you learn how to do press? Like training? They had press training. They just had stuff.
Speaker 1: And he wanted to know parts, why did you calm right? Nobody put a gun in your head? So why did you pick him?
Speaker 2: I picked him because he lived in New York and I just felt like and he was younger, so I just felt like, Okay, this is a little bit more my vibe. Okay, yeah, okay, But when he was there, did he seem like he seemed told me please, I'm all about you?
Speaker 3: Or yes, yeah, totally, but like so it's weird. So it's like listen here, ladies.
Speaker 1: Had an ex like a like a girl at home, and he was like on again, off again with talking for it. She saw him on the on the TV and got all jealous and mad and then no.
Speaker 3: She didn't seen him on the TV. She he probably, oh no, I.
Speaker 2: Did he goes He disappeared in October and October so he probably got home and said, yeah, I just did this show and I maybe maybe he said I met somebody and she was like, what the hell are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Theo you might be the biggest loser. Oh, because my only issue is because he came late. He was in the last group of guys to come. Why would you even do that to yourself?
Speaker 3: Volunteer to come? Nobody? Right, and this is like you didn't get made to come from New York to Cabo.
Speaker 2: That's a that's a long flight actually, like the layover that might be ten hours.
Speaker 1: Okay, and you didn't get paid for this. You volunteered. Joe asked to come, and when he was there, he was like like he didn't tell happy normal, like Luanne was even flirting with them, I mean the whole nine.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Yes, so it worked out for me, all right, I gotta go watch the last episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it worked out for Jaselle. Okay, So can we talk about Coco Jones please?
Speaker 3: Because she won what does she win? The French Open? Coco Golf.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm thinking you're talking about Coco Jones this finger Coco, Yes, Coco Golf. Congratulations. Yes, I'm so happy for her. Are you really you don't really know her name, don't?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Cocoa Golf, Yes, that's who I meant, Coco.
Speaker 3: How's conquered the class for the first time in a decade, there's.
Speaker 4: An American champion at rolland girls.
Speaker 1: I love her like I love her spirit. I love this sheet like just she's just out there trying to way. I love her whole family, yes, you know, supporting her all that. I didn't know her backstory, Like I didn't know her family like kind of gave up everything to like help her her career.
Speaker 2: They had to move, they had to move to Florida. Yeah, so they quit their jobs and moved to Florida all for her. Yeah, for her career.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: It paid off, Yeah, it did, and I'm happy for it. So she won the Coco won the French Open final, So now she has a US Open. She's a French Open. How old is she? She's like she's very young, like still a baby twenty something, early twenty, maybe even just twenty. Lives with her parents. Oh she still lives with her parents.
Speaker 3: Oh that's sweet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so did because Serena won it the last time, I mean the last time I Black or no, last time a US won it.
Speaker 3: It was the French Open.
Speaker 2: Yeah did I'm sure Serena reached out her of course, But like, is that known like this, is there something that Serena said that we all know about.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I haven't. I haven't, I haven't heard anything. It's like the French Open. You know, I like tennis, but the French Open doesn't get as much play here as like the other ones. That's like Wimbledon and the US Open. But still it's like a major. It's a big deal that she wants. Yeah, so I don't know what happened.
Speaker 3: I'm sure Serena has yeah, or mentors her or yeah. Yeah, but that's because that was who she always like looked up to. Yeah yeah, and so did you.
Speaker 2: So she was on the Today Show afterwards did you see this? And she had brought her trophy.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, the trophy is miniscue.
Speaker 1: The trophy is like, well like pretend trophy, like baby trophy. But you know, I like that, so it's probably more like this. Is it the size of like a Grammy? It's yes, okay, yes, but that's I.
Speaker 2: Mean normally they hold up those plates, they hold up like those humongous trophies.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The French people coming in short like okay, y'all come in cheat. They're like, keep this little minimal trophy because nobody has space to put all these trophies. I appreciate that. I don't.
Speaker 3: I think they look very cheap. So did you know her opponent?
Speaker 1: What was kind of cyblanca arena Arena arena Cybolanca. Okay, she's Russian. She's like super emotional and super competitive, and so she lost the game, and in her speech she's like pretty much like, yeah, I lost. Coco didn't do anything good, Like yeah, she pretty much just like Coco didn't play well. I just lost. I had so many unfreforced eras and I played Badna.
Speaker 3: You better shut that her up. Girl, good to talk about a poor sport.
Speaker 1: I know, yes, but that's her, that is that's oh that's her if you yeah, yeah, yeah she she like, you know, crashed, She throws her racket. She yells at her her box like yeah, super emotional. So like I, okay, she's Russia, a German Russian. Okay, we won't talk about her because Bootin ain't gonna come.
Speaker 3: Out of us. However, girl, no, you lost. Coco won. You lost. Yes, yes, Coco played better than you at the at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: What Coco had more points than you? As she won and we got Coco's back word Coco Jones the end.
Speaker 2: Now let's talk about the Real Housewives of Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Oh yes please.
Speaker 2: Okay, So, for those of you all do not know, they have filmed their reunion and it's not air Jet, but they have filmed in.
Speaker 3: And it hit the blogs that what's the kind name Britt? Britt? Did not seasons show up? Britt?
Speaker 2: Yes, your first season and your last season. Yes, okay, you didn't show up?
Speaker 1: Yes, clearly that means she quit.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then the next day, yes, there's a twenty million dollar lawsuit that was dropped against Bravo from her right for what.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna look in the ceiling and look in the sky, like what. And she's apparently said, so she skipped the reunion. She apparently put a message up saying that, okay, first of all.
Speaker 3: First of all, reunion is not optional.
Speaker 2: I just want everybody to be clear, like, you can't just skip the reunion if you still want your.
Speaker 3: Job, right okay, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: So I was like, clearly she don't want her.
Speaker 2: Job or walk off the reunion and I finish it, just say okay.
Speaker 3: So she.
Speaker 1: Put a message out that said like, oh, I recently found out that the pictures that Kenya posted or you know, printed out, weren't actually me.
Speaker 3: Right, So what who is that? What the lawsuit?
Speaker 1: What was she suing Bravo and truly production for?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm very confused.
Speaker 1: But you filmed, you this whole incident happened. Yeah, you filmed the entire season. Yeah, you showed up to work, you were fine, you were fine. They actually got rid of the person that printed your supposed pictures.
Speaker 2: Kenya's gone. Where Kenya should be back? And okay, let me say this. If anybody should be suing, I think it's Kenya, right like, or if anybody might have.
Speaker 3: A suit, maybe maybe maybe it's Kenya, not this girl, right, not her? I don't know, like, I mean what, I don't even understand.
Speaker 1: I don't I can't wrap my head around what she.
Speaker 3: Would be suing for.
Speaker 1: You know what I said to myself, and I'm not pointing any finger at anyone, Okay, but I said to myself, I don't know who's doing casting. And when I said I don't know who's doing casting, I'm lying, do better, do better, because this could have all been avoided.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, but I.
Speaker 1: Think some people don't present their real selves a cast. Okay, but this there was history on this girl. She was a Stevie J girl.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean there's so much that that that should have signaled to them this is not a good choice.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, yeah, I want to I wonder why they made that decision. I don't know.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so that that's a hot mess. That is that's a hot mess. That is very And then Kenya wasn't at the reunion no, like, and she kind of like made an announcement saying like she was uninvited to the reunion or something like. But I didn't really think I didn't expect to see her at the reunion.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't expect to see her either. I mean, listen, I think that if they would have known that this girl wasn't coming, Yes, I'm sure they would have called Kenyan, like, hey, just come.
Speaker 3: Give your point of view.
Speaker 2: Maybe I don't know, or at this point, everyone could give their point of view of what happened, because I'm sure the other ladies have something to say, like Keny, you were wrong for that or whatever, or it just would have even given Kenya the opportunity to apologize if she wanted to apologize.
Speaker 3: Just state your case.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, you know, I guess it would have been nice to give her the opportunity just to speak on it, apologize, yeah, you know, whatever, give a statement something and just be done with that. So that would have been nice to give her the opportunity to do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, and it.
Speaker 1: Seems like she was. Kenya has been like deeply affected by this whole experience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you totally, because I think that, you know, she didn't feel supported. You know, everybody feels everybody gets in their feelings when they feel like they're not being protected or supported. You know, Kenya has made it know like she didn't feel protected by the by the production company.
Speaker 3: Okay, can we talk about Keith Sweat? Yeah, what happened with them.
Speaker 1: Women making Last Forever and ever?
Speaker 2: So he did a little concert and in the middle of his caud you see this and then I love his concert.
Speaker 3: He's not complaining about women. What it's hard for him out here? Is this recent? This recent? Because women out here they don't cook. Oh no, I'm joking. He talked about me and they ain't bringing nothing to the table.
Speaker 1: Oh and you know these women out here and they think that it's okay for them not to bring anything to the table. Oh okay, keep shut up, right, But the problem is because because why are we just talking about food that's really with overeats with doordass? Really that's your complaint.
Speaker 3: I can't get out of here.
Speaker 1: Boy. But but I mean, but when men meet a woman that brings stuff to the table, you know, not figuratively, but or not literally but figuratively, they're too much for them, you know what I'm saying, Like they can't handle a woman that is independent and has money and does what she wants but also can like run a household or whatever, kiss can like handle things.
Speaker 3: They don't want that either, right, So.
Speaker 2: Just say you unhappy or my question? My thing is with Keith, say who hurt you? Say her scorned you like, call out her name. Don't be just taking jabs at all women.
Speaker 3: He can't be singing a concert.
Speaker 1: First of all, most of the people in the in the women audience are women.
Speaker 3: Women in order ticket, and they're screaming your name. They bought a ticket. They screaming your name.
Speaker 1: They're saying, oh kay, make it last forever. Yeah, but you know, I bet there were some women, I'll cook figure. I was like, boy, if you don't call uber eats, it can leave us alone. That's you know, something they say away to a man's heart is through something, It's through.
Speaker 3: Something that is true. So do you feel like that's how you got your husband?
Speaker 1: No? I mean I cook and I can, but I don't cook all day every day. Yeah, but no, that is not why. That is not why he married me, not for my cooking.
Speaker 3: Okay, and the man I married I could have cooked for him four times yeah, so, oh my god. Seven Okay, oh my god. I mean it's just you know, so a man will marry you if he wants to marry you. Yeah, it has nothing to do with food. By the way, speaking of these guys, shout out for Father's Day.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, totally for got Father's Day. Guys, Happy Father's Day. I want to give Jamal Bryant some love. He gave me three beautiful daughters.
Speaker 2: Yes he did, and without him then I wouldn't have them.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, so good job Jamal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks for the donation. Yes, thanks, yes, But happy Father's Day. Do you have any like, I don't know, special memory, like something just something you want to share about either your father or Jamal or any father or uncle.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: My father would always like, like I remember when I was a little, like anything he knew that I liked, he would make sure he got it. Like I love like donuts or whatever, so he would like get a dozen donuts and he would like always surprised me. He was into like little surprises.
Speaker 3: Thoughtful. Yeah, he was awful, very sweet when I was little.
Speaker 2: Then I oh, you know, my father was always like until I got married, he would always like give me a Valentine's present. He would so I was in college and he would have like chocolate scent to my dorm. Yeah, and I would always be like, how did you even because you know your parts drop you off and they're like, by how do you even know the address to my dorm?
Speaker 3: But he would figure it out and he would always make it happen.
Speaker 1: That's sweet, Like he was showing you this is how a man, this is how you should expect to be treated by a man.
Speaker 3: Totally, how a man treats a woman. Totally. He's beautiful. Yeah, I love that. Yeah yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And my dad, you know he was awesome or he is awesome. He was awesome when I was growing up. Yeah, but he always had a sense of humor. But he's also very disciplinarian, very firm, and you know, so I feel like it was a nice little balance like, Okay, you didn't have me out here in the streets disrespecting myself. Good, but also I was able to you know, sit home and laugh at myself and you know, not take life too seriously. So I like like that he has that balance in life, like sense of humor, but also like, okay, we're going to respect ourselves, respect other people. To tell him me kind, we're going to be good people, teaching me all types of manners. One would call the house this back then you had to call, you know, using landlines house phone, Yeah, house phone, And he called the house and be like why, would say, is robbing there? And he'd be like, oh no, son, when you call my house, you speak to me first.
Speaker 3: Hello, you know, mister Dixon. Yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 1: So one will credit my dad with like really helping him evolve as a man, just teach him like a lot of like you know, just manners and how to communicate and stuff.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, cause it's funny.
Speaker 2: I'm not funny, but it's if you especially for boys, like if you don't. A lot of times we get angry or we don't understand why somebody is the way they are. They weren't taught. It could be a situation which they just weren't taught. They weren't, so that's nice. I'm glad you know your dad gave his two cents.
Speaker 3: Dads are very important out here, y'all. Yes, yes, no, they definitely are.
Speaker 2: And I think that because you know, my kids are dating, and I asked, always ask the kids, and then so when I meet these guys and they're dating, I'll always ask, like, you know, are your parents divorces, are your parents together?
Speaker 3: Do you have a relationship with your dad, relationship with your mom? And you can kind of tell when kids are in college their upbringing. So yeah, it matters, it does.
Speaker 1: So we appreciate the men out here are being amazing fathers, not just to their own kids, but to the kids in the community as well.
Speaker 3: Totally. It's funny because you look at like, you know, you think of like dad's like, what do you call it? TV? Dads?
Speaker 2: And so it was always kind of like Bill Cosby, right, we had to throw that in the track.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna give it to Barack.
Speaker 1: Well, we love Cliff Huxtable. You don't love Bill Cosby. Yes, that's it right, we love Doctor Huxtable, we love the scripted yes, Doctor Huxtable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we love we love you know, the Barack.
Speaker 2: I love how the Obama's especially how he is, like, you know, showing up as a dad.
Speaker 3: I love you know. It's it's funny people.
Speaker 2: Some people don't know this, and it's good that Michelle has her podcast so she can remind people that he used to like teach basketball. No, he's the basketball coach for Sasha. Oh really Yeah, he was the basketball coach one year. Oh my gosh while he was president.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Yeah, how crazy. That's so cute.
Speaker 1: Yes, but that's a memory she'll like always have totally. And maybe at the time she'd probably be like, oh my god, dad, why you know, But she'll always remember being coached by her dad, and those kids will always remember their coach was the president, right of the United States of America.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's wild, that's wild. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I would be like, so, I if my kid was in class with a Sasha or Malia, right, would I tell them don't be friends with them?
Speaker 3: Or be friends with them.
Speaker 1: Oh, because of like the secret service of it all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, because if you're friends with them, you got to deal with all of that, right, I would say.
Speaker 1: Be friends with them, because that's an experience that just being around someone you know, close to the president of the United States, Like, that's an experience that most people don't get.
Speaker 3: That's true, you know.
Speaker 1: So it's like, you know what, just go and enjoy that experience and whatever comes with it. Yeah, and you'll have those memories, right, like you know, camping out at the White House, right, yeah, I like all that.
Speaker 3: Speak out a White House.
Speaker 2: The boys are fighting, the girls are fighting. They're fighting, the Elon and the Trumpers just fighting.
Speaker 1: Well they made up now that the best He's again he apologized.
Speaker 3: Who apologized to who?
Speaker 1: Elons I missed it? He apologized first of all, the like when when Elon was going off on Twitter whatever last week.
Speaker 3: I was dying, like we all got out.
Speaker 1: I want to say, I think I predicted this on the podcast.
Speaker 2: Like you said a while ago, you said that they were gonna get into a fight. Yeah, okay, you probably did.
Speaker 1: I said. I said it's gonna blow up, but it's gonna not end well. Because I think my thought process was like Trump is not going to like the power and the voice that Elon like.
Speaker 3: We said that, we said that. Yes, So when it.
Speaker 1: Happened, I'm like, I called it. I knew it was gonna happen, and it was so funny.
Speaker 3: They're going back and forth, back and forth. Yeah. So okay, I'm glad that's over.
Speaker 4: Then.
Speaker 3: So did Trump accept his apology? I don't know.
Speaker 1: So the last thing, so this was just yesterday that Elon was like, I apologize for the things I said. It was like too much, he said, I took it, I went too far or something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you think, but you know, you enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: You were given, but you would get he was giving the rope to go too far, like he was giving the rope to do anything he wanted to do. By the way, speaking to Elon, so I'm driving here today just now.
Speaker 3: So are Tesla's self driving?
Speaker 1: They can be Yeah, you can get a self driving one. So i'm driving somebody you were. So I'm driving and I passed this dude.
Speaker 2: He's legit, no hands on the wheel, he's on his phone, he's got like dark sunglasses on.
Speaker 3: He's not paying attention to the rope at all right, at freaking out totally.
Speaker 2: I was like, let me get the hell away from this car because I don't know what was about to happen.
Speaker 3: But I did notice the car was in the list driver. It was like not swerving. Yes, yes, yeah, that was crazy.
Speaker 1: Isn't that crazy? You can get a self driving one. So one of my old neighbors is a doctor, okay, and she would work the night shift. She was like an er doctor and she has a Tesla and she actually like told me that when she drives home from work, she puts it on self driving mode and goes to sleep.
Speaker 3: What yes, and it gets her home. Yes, there's no way. Yes, so you can put in the address and it like takes you. Yeah. I don't want that. I want to be right.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, And she's like, you're not supposed to do that. So like, disclaimer, do not if you have a self go to sleep while.
Speaker 3: You're driving it. Don't even buy a tesla.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say that too. Okay, y'all can't come for me. Don't even buy the tesla.
Speaker 1: But this woman would go to sleep, that's why her car is driving her home.
Speaker 2: I'm like, girl, you are nuts nuts, that's crazy. But if it gets her home, it gets a home. Because the man driving down the highway had both hands on his phone and was completely didn't even.
Speaker 3: Look up to look at the roads. Crazy.
Speaker 1: And so I had never actually been in a Tesla until I had to take an Uber home from the airport.
Speaker 3: It was twice.
Speaker 1: It was like it was like all of a sudden, I got these Ubers and Tesla's. The backseat of it, of that ship was so uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 1: Yes, it was like sitting on like a cement wall, like you know what I mean. It's like, so, I don't let me know. Has ever said that I think that's cushion? Back then, it was it's not comfortable. It's too up, like straight up and down. And then it's just like very firm.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Tesla's do better with that? Yes, well or not, we don't need to know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean right well, I mean you can't help with Uber who you know if you're right?
Speaker 4: Who?
Speaker 3: Who? Yeah? Yeah, like, oh my god, get me out of this car. Okay.
Speaker 2: Last lastly, I want not lastly, but I want to talk about Jane Doll.
Speaker 3: In the listen Sean Puffy Comb's trial.
Speaker 2: If you don't know, Jane Delle has been on trial for I mean they've been what do you call it, We.
Speaker 3: Asked our questions, she's on interrogating or.
Speaker 1: She's us questioning.
Speaker 3: She's been in the witness box, yeah or whatever for days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, damnity, like four four days at least.
Speaker 3: So for those who don't know, are we gonna say who she is?
Speaker 1: I mean, okay, we allegedly, we can speculate. I want to tell you. As soon as I read the very first question they asked her or what they'd said, that's.
Speaker 3: Just what Oh that's Daphne Joy. Wait what did what did you?
Speaker 1: They said? It was something like your your baby, your baby's father, your son's father and Diddy don't get along, or your son's father doesn't like Diddy? Right, yeah, it's like yes. So as soon as I saw that, I was like, oh, that's fifty cent. That's fifty cents baby.
Speaker 3: So we saw years ago. Okay, Jiselle ill speak for myself.
Speaker 2: Jazelle saw years ago Daphne and Puffy like around each other. Right, But I thought that was just like a moment, like I didn't know this girl years with him?
Speaker 3: Four years years, like.
Speaker 4: Four yards at least, like right, he got d you still and then he beat her ass after he beat after the Cassie video.
Speaker 3: Came out, after the Cassie video.
Speaker 2: That's insane and it made me feel like girl. So you can't say you don't know who this dude is. You saw the Cassie video. Your baby dadd didn't told you.
Speaker 3: But she didn't.
Speaker 1: I think up until the Cassie stuff, she really didn't know, like she really.
Speaker 2: No, okay no, because she said because so he a couple of the freak offs.
Speaker 1: He was making her sleep with like three four men. Okay, they're not freak offs anymore. Their hotel nights is that crazy? He changed the terminology to hotel nights. The freak off was just for Cassie and hotel nights are for Daphney.
Speaker 3: Oh that's what he changed the name. That's what she called. They call him hotel nights.
Speaker 2: Okay, so your hotel nights, I eat freak offfs. You're sleeping three four dudes at a night. You told him you don't want to do this some more anymore. You told him this is disgusting, as you should have, but you still kept doing it.
Speaker 1: Right, so, but they and this is see I.
Speaker 2: Waitm so, then he calls or threatens her like, girl, you better get it together. You basically you're not gonna get your money, right, Okay, so you're getting I'm sure.
Speaker 3: I'm sure.
Speaker 2: I'm not trying to count anybody's money, but I'm sure fifty cents giving you money.
Speaker 1: Child support supposedly forty seven hundred a month.
Speaker 2: He gives her forty seven hundred. Yes, Puffy was paying her twelve.
Speaker 1: Ten thousand for her rent.
Speaker 2: For her rent sasan's dude, math, that's fourteen something. Yeah, I don't know what to say here. So it's really sad because she sold herself short. She even said like, oh oh wait, I'm sorry this is the last part. And then he's publicly out right another woman.
Speaker 1: With more than not just one. He is the gena, the one he has the baby with.
Speaker 2: Yes, you're publicly out with her and your public please yes, so.
Speaker 3: And you getting the short end of stick.
Speaker 1: You don't even get the Chanelle bags or the mayback or like all your bills faced right right, and that's a raw deal and some extra.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the thing.
Speaker 1: She she sold herself way short, and you put your.
Speaker 3: Own career on hold, what career?
Speaker 1: Well, she was like she she was like an influencer model, like she could make money.
Speaker 3: Okay, I didn't know that, so she was.
Speaker 1: I think she probably was able to make decent money prior to doing like Instagram modeling.
Speaker 3: Shit, I'm not judging her.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying you have made some poor decisions, ma'am. Yeah, yes, yes, but I'm happy now that.
Speaker 1: You put all in the name of like probably just ten thousand dollars of that life or like just being affiliated with him.
Speaker 3: It can't be. I mean it can't. But he wouldn't even take you outside.
Speaker 2: I know he would not take you outside of that hotel room.
Speaker 3: That's so crazy, that's insane.
Speaker 1: He really he saw her.
Speaker 3: She's a beautiful one.
Speaker 2: And I feel like did he was he doing this just to get back in fifty because he knows like there was beef between the two it in.
Speaker 1: I mean, okay, if you're doing it to get back and fifty, you do it once and then you're done. Like you know what I'm saying, just four years, yes, or at least four years he has this one yo. You know they get back with fifty, Well, I mean back then, I mean fifty I'm just saying back then, back then like that.
Speaker 3: It seemed like a better deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she clearly, I mean clearly she wants that lifestyle. She wants the rappers or the you know whomever, the famous men, right nearly attracted to famous men, and that for her was the was the trade off. It don't matter what they was giving her or getting mat up or well. So it sounds like he only put hands on her that one time, all that one time, Okay, yeah, that's only I've only heard her talk about the one time after the Cassie video came out. It was it was something like she was upset over him being publicly seen with I think Young Miami. Oh yeah, and she like pushed him into a table and then he just went off on her. Yeah, even to the point where he then she somehow calls Young Miami. I guess I assume with Young Miami, and Young Miami's like, you know, going at her, yelling at her while she's getting beat by Ditty.
Speaker 3: Oh this is terrible. Yeah.
Speaker 1: By the way, I want to give a shout out to the people on threads who I get all my updates from the trial from.
Speaker 3: I'm like, who these people.
Speaker 1: Demitria Lucas, you know Demetria demitri was on what blood sweating?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, she's outside.
Speaker 1: No no, no, she's just compiling the reports from like all over in Washington Post and she will just really like summarize it and it's like really great succinct. So I get so at the end of the day, I'm like, oh, let me get my diddy updates. I'm wild. It's so it's wild. It's just like, yeah, we're like a void there. I feel like we're voyeurs into his life.
Speaker 3: I don't want to know anymore. I think I know enough. I want to know more. Okay, I want to know all.
Speaker 2: I want to no more. It's sick, but I want to know more. I think I'm tapped out. Yeah, it's just it's a cautionary tale. Get two young ladies. Yes, Like, don't ever get in a situation in which you feel like you need to sell your soul for to make sure your rent is being paid.
Speaker 3: That's just cautionary tale.
Speaker 2: By the way, Simon go Badia, yes, has here is Simon go Badia is Adiya all right, So for those of you all don't know poorscha Williams, who's on Atlanta? Her I guess now ex husband has been He was detained by ice for months.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was.
Speaker 1: Trying to get a divorced over a year maybe oh wow, could be.
Speaker 3: No, he wasn't when they filmed Atlanta. Where was he? He was in Dubai. He was not attained. He could have been entertained for maybe four months, I would say.
Speaker 2: So he they let him out and they sent him straight back to Nigeria, and he's out.
Speaker 3: Of here, never to be seen again. He's probably back already.
Speaker 1: No, that is no way he's back already if he would take that chance and get on the plane to try to come back to the United States knowing so supposedly he was in like I didn't know there was like vip ice. Oh really yeah? Oh so they treated him nice? Yeah okay, I mean I don't know what that means, but you know, comfortable. Yeah, he was comfortable.
Speaker 3: So I want to like, where are ip Where's Simon's money? Where is does he have money? Is it hid him somewhere? I don't what does money have to do with this? I don't like, I don't know because.
Speaker 1: He purported to have a you know, lavish life. Yes, right, yeah, okay, so you know, I don't know whether he earned his money legally or not, but it's gotta be money somewhere.
Speaker 3: Like, what do you do? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: When you get detained, yes, you get back to your country, country, the bank account still work?
Speaker 3: Is that what you're asking me? Oh, I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you.
Speaker 3: Por gonna get to the boom of the act? Right? Maybe? Maybe not? I don't know. I won't even want it. I don't want that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think the issue is just like, can can she find I don't know if she's finalized the voice the divorce? But can you define a lie divorce?
Speaker 3: Just like married to this man for the rest of her life? Oh? God no?
Speaker 2: But I mean, like, what then happens legally as far as the divorce is concerned. Right when he clearly can't come back and sign any paperwork?
Speaker 3: Right, where do you even send the paperwork?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: She can be married him for the rest.
Speaker 1: Of her life, Porsche, Robin's being shady.
Speaker 3: I can't. Oh god no, we want her to be free.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, we're out of here, guys.
Speaker 2: We love y'all so much. Don't never forget to live your life. Either reasonable or shady, We're both.
Speaker 3: Bye bye.
Speaker 2: Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows
Speaker 2: And you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady.