Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season two ninety six, episode four of Daly's side production of iHeartRadio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness. And it is Friday, July twenty first, twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: Ooh, National Be Someone Day. I don't know what's doing. You are someone? So I'm meaning Ppday National Junk Food Day, So destroy your guts with that. In National Lamington Day. That's the thing they have out in Alms Night. Australians love Lamington to Night. What are like, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I only knew this from like when I briefly dated an Australian woman to It's like you ever do you guys have Lambington's up here? I'm like hey, and it's like a chocolate coconut type cake.
Speaker 1: Ooh, I would love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love both those things.
Speaker 1: Love a combo. I'm a Mounds baby.
Speaker 2: Although like it's named after Lord Lamington, Governor of Queensland, Australia nineteenth Send you so can we imagine what kind of fuck let's bring into I.
Speaker 1: Feel like without any research, we can just say probably a good dude.
Speaker 2: Probably man sounds pretty word like he's on the cakes named after him.
Speaker 1: It sounds cool. A lord jeez, I wonder if he was one of the Lords of Leaping. If the only other place I.
Speaker 2: Know Lord's song Oh Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow, sick Christmas song Wrath in the dead of July. My name is Jack O'Brien aka and Delay and Delay mommy ai ai oh oh, who's writing scripts tonight? And de lay and a lay mommy ai ai oh If the spelling's right, that's I's there every night. That is courtesy of the Castle Role Casanova. He makes love to those cast roles. And I'm thrilled to be joined as always.
Speaker 2: By my co host, mister Miles Gray. Miles Gray aka the editor in chief of The Good the aka the Good Thief Keith aka The Good Thief for Sutherland is Jack Bauer in twenty four anyway, Shout out to everybody who's been supporting the new podcast, The Good Thief, and shoutout to Castle Role Casanova akas.
Speaker 1: On wag fucking Castle Roll Casanova is on one. Well, Miles, we are thrilled to be joined by a very funny stand up comedian and writer out of New York City who's got a stand up special dropping in a couple of months. You can go get it other content on his YouTube channel, Django Industries. It's Django God.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello danlian Zeitgeistians. Do you guys have a nickname for your your listeners?
Speaker 1: Gang bi Gang Gang Hiang?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What's going on man?
Speaker 3: Not much, man, I'm just enjoying the splendor of a splendor of summer. You know, a lot of a lot of garlands, tomatoes, that whole thing, all right, garlands and tomatoes. Are you guys a tomato fans?
Speaker 2: I mean not in a way that I would articulate I'm a summer tomatoes, but I know to buy tomatoes in the summer, it's.
Speaker 1: More so than winter tomatoes. Yeah, whaen, tomatoes are trash.
Speaker 3: It's crazy how good they are, and yet they're only available for like six weeks out of the year. So it's really like an artificial scarcity thing where it's like your feast, you know, if you're fiending for those tomatoes come about mid July. That's where I'm at right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, so wait, I'm hitting a farmer's market later. What do I what am I? What am I scooping up? If I'm putting my jangle lens on the tomatoes.
Speaker 3: I think you want those big, ugly heirloom tomatoes, the ones that look like an organ. Yeah, kind of like.
Speaker 1: Get diseased organ.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, this is what happens when a tomato smokes cigarettes for fifty.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly, it's an unhealthy tomato. But those kind of be I think the best ones, the ones that are the craziest looking. And then you got your standard plums, which are also nice. But if are you, I'd go for a crazy looking, multi colored heirloom tomato. Slice that up mayonnaise, mayonnaise and toasted bread is a great sandwich man.
Speaker 2: Whoa yeah okay, oh so okay, I got you. I was like thinking of like just rost tomatoes like a little mayonnaise.
Speaker 3: Bo Yeah yeah, basically tomato sandwich is looking for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, oh okay, okay, yeah that's my recoo.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah for sure. Yeah, because I love to cook and make like like pasta sauces and stuff with tomatoes, and so I feel like I got to strike while the iron top. The other thing that's really good in July peaches. That's the one thing I will say, peaches in July are also fucking nasty, especially if you can find anyone who has the July flame. Peach is like for peach enthusiasts I was put on. It's like it's one of the rare peaches you can find in like only a few places where people have them.
Speaker 3: So what a beautiful poetic name that is a July flame.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, it only happens like I apparently like in the this like everything has to come together at the right time and that has to be extreme heat in this one period, and when that happens, they just come out like sweeter than ever and like the flame like so vivid, it'll.
Speaker 1: So succulent, more succulent than even I could.
Speaker 2: Have Jerry, I just checked on your duck and it's more succulent than even I could have hoped. Yeah, exactly, poppy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just know, like my kids asked me to just like cut up aroma tomato and like and they just ate it like it was you know, like I've never eaten it, just like piece by piece like a piece of fruit.
Speaker 2: I hated tomatoes as I did too.
Speaker 1: That's why so I was like, man, kids these days, But I wonder if they're just like sensitive to the fact that the tomatoes are particularly good. We don't talk, so I couldn't have asked them.
Speaker 2: But yeah, don't don't ask the boys how he feels.
Speaker 1: Now, No, no, no, no no. All right, Well, Jenko, we're gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're gonna tell our listeners a couple of the things we're talking about today. JFK Junior is.
Speaker 3: I went to Washington.
Speaker 1: Sorry, RFK Junior, Sorry, I'm mom. I'm still coming over from my Q and I podcast I was doing earlier. Our FK Junior goes to Washington. We'll talk about how he's defending himself. We'll talk about Jason Alden being the new Kyle Rittenhouse, Trump being the new Moses, Jim Cavesl being the same old Jesus that he has been, and then we might get into some UFO stuff. There's some UFO.
Speaker 2: I'll give you this. This, this, this is wild.
Speaker 1: I couldn't stop writing this section of the doc this morning. I was like no.
Speaker 2: When I saw this story yesterday, I was like you way we go?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Anyways, all of that plenty more. But first, Jngle, we do like to ask our guest what is something from your search history.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I hope this doesn't weird you guys out too much. I've been reading a lot about the Frank Sinatra Junior kidnapping.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a good one.
Speaker 1: Kidnapping.
Speaker 3: Basically in the sixties, Frank Sinatra's kid, also named Frank Sinatra, got kidnapped out of his motel room by essentially like the Three Stooges is three like bumbling duficses who like just like fucked up every single like level of the plan, and they actually got the ransom money delivered to them. They managed to successfully get their payout, which for the record, they I think they wanted like two hundred thousand something like that. Frank Senior offered them a million and they're like no, no, no, two hundred is five. So they short sold themselves by you know, a factor four or five whatever, got the money. Let Frank Sinatra juniors like walk around and then obviously they's like got caught because they're they're dumbasses, you know. But it was I've been reading a little bit about it, and it made me think, what was it? Like, wh why aren't celebrities being kidnapped more often? You'd think with all of the crazies out there who want to like, you know, marry Jessica Simpson or whoever, you think like that would happen like all the time. And I'm not saying your listeners should do something crazy like that.
Speaker 1: To impress Jessica Simpson.
Speaker 3: To impress and marry Simpson. Yeah, I'm just surprised it doesn't happen more often. I mean, like you think, you know, given all the technology we have these days, we can get some high class kidnappings happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of them saw how poorly the Jodie Foster approach worked in the early eighties that she wasn't into it.
Speaker 3: She she Foster method.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Foster method didn't work out that well the first time around. Was that Hinckley, Who is Kley trying to impress?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 3: Try try again, There's nothing, there's nothing stopping Hinckley from should stop stop Now where that logically goes? Then you get the idea? Yeah, right?
Speaker 2: Is he the one who said he loves Jersey mics now Hinckley? Yeah, I actually.
Speaker 1: Haven't been keeping like when he first got released, I was like, you know, totally up on his sandwich preferences. But I don't think I kept up?
Speaker 2: Did he did? He say he's absurd tweet He's like, guys, not gonna lie, Jersey. Mike's really good.
Speaker 3: That's the thing about being a free man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good podcast. Is actually just interviewing people a month after their release from prison and be like, all right, so, like what's better than you expected? Like what what is like hitting from your like nineteen eighties perspective? Like what what what are the advances that are good? What are the advances besides the world going and getting itself in a big damn hurry. They're not too fond of.
Speaker 3: John Hankley's storming on prison. Like, first thing i'mna do right now is listening to some men at work. Let's listen to their new album Come on, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I gotta see where these guys went.
Speaker 3: They seem to really being a cabbage patch kid buying spree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: There are so many stories where when you dig into the details, the criminals are not that good savvy like it. Every time I read a true crime like history, I'm always like a little bit inspired to be like man like that. I feel like I could have done.
Speaker 2: Not like these jokers. Yeah, that's why I hate to plug my new podcast. But the guys in the podcast I'm doing the good thief like these Greek Robinhood dudes. They they were not fuck ups by any means. Like they they cut the whole out of like police transport vans to escape prison like while it was moving and ship. So yeah, they got for every for every bumbling ones, you got like the really good ones.
Speaker 1: But I wonder if we never find out about because they never get caught.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. And I think what's like, I don't know, the with like bumbling criminals or just like in the US, I don't know if like we're so aware of like the surveillance state that it's kind of like, I don't know, can you get away with kidnapping anyone these days with all the cameras around or something that we just don't have theation for it.
Speaker 3: You know, Well, regular people are still getting kidnapped as far as I can tell, right, And yeah, I think so they have cell phones, they have GPS locking out of their position. Yeah. I think it's just a lack of all American gumption. Our country has lost its way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, We used to do this to like, you know, annex places like Hawaii. You know, just like Hi, we took your queen, give us, give us everything.
Speaker 1: She's ours now yeah, jego, what's.
Speaker 2: Something you think is overrated?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Well this is going to kind of fly in the face of my whole summer tomatoes love. But I am coming to the conclusion these last couple of years that I think the season of summer is overrated. I think, no ship, Well, there you go. It's a consensus. I think it's just too hot. People are a little too weird and angry. In New York City especially. It just kind of like bucks the brain chemistry a little. So I think as I get older, I'm quick transitioning to a fall man. I think falls, where it's at falls where all the dreams come true. Summer is just sticky, repetitive day and day out. Yeah, rain falling apart, can't sleep at night, three showers a day, I just I just can't take it anymore. Guys, you're a fall guy, fall the fall guy.
Speaker 5: There you go, yeah, yeah, Yeah, it's it is like we it gets really positive media, Like we were talking about how heat waves the deadliest weather event in the United States year and year out, and.
Speaker 1: The photographs that get like posted next to that story and the news is like children playing in a sprinkler, like drinking out of a fire hoser, right, Yeah, like going to the beach, or just somebody sweating while pouring water on their head. So it's like, but yeah, summer, I mean, in addition to just like the straight up heat deaths, like violence always rises during the summer bedtime.
Speaker 3: The bureaus to be like a guy freaking out of the subway, like my car's not working, my car's not working, my car's not working, Like yeah, losing his mind. That's what summer kind of evokes for me these days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's interesting too how climate change is just completely souring people now in seasons that used to be like the coolest one, like like it used to be like no one I think summer is overrated unless you're like someone was like I get burned easily. But now it's truly it's like it's fucking unbearable at times outside and that isn't a good feeling. But I wonder if then that swings with like winter, when we get like more intense winters and we're like, yeah, I'm fuck the Arctic freezes that we have every six months too. Yeah, got a lot in store. It seems like what's uh, what's something you think is underrated?
Speaker 3: Oh? Boys, strap in for this one. I've become all about room temperature water. Okay, I think I think I want my water the same temperature as my bi I don't want it hurting my teeth. I don't want space and my refrigerator, my tiny New York refrigerators old. So lately it's been a pitcher of water on the counter at you know, a nice eighty degrees pound it easy. That's that's my approach going forward.
Speaker 2: So it's a sipping thing. It's more like you're doing like an F one pit stop just to get the hydration in quickly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, purely, efficient, efficiently, and also like I think like this in this in the same way the media hypes up summer, the media will hype up glistening cold glasses of water with perfect, perfect cubic ice cube. But I don't think that's about it. I think waters nice, nice and mild, so it's not to offend my delicate sensibilities.
Speaker 2: I can I feel like I can only drink ice water. I don't know why. I just like it feels. I think that's how in my mind I elevate ice like water to like a fun thing. Oh it's cold and nice and crisp. But now I can just drink jugs of it. But yeah, yeah, body temp water, all right, I'll try it. I'll think of it in the way of like it's more about how can I get it down quickly?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, I'm alos like neurotic drink a shill a lot of water every day, guys, So I think it just makes it easier for me. So maybe if you have more like pleasurable relationship with water would be different, But for me, it's all about the function, right right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Why do I think room temp water is like drinks slower than cold water? Is that just because that my preference is cold water? I'm not sure, but yeah, I think I can like just hammer back a lot of cold water, and room temp water is like harder to get.
Speaker 3: Down, don't get shivers.
Speaker 1: I don't know you a little.
Speaker 3: Like I'm a delicate little flour. I think it's the lesson we're learning here, is I really?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, don't the water can't be too hot? Or too cold. Now it has to be just around the temperature of his internal organs.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Something related to what you said about tooth pain that I've just discovered is underrated for me is sensitive toothpaste. I was I wasn't for some reason. I was just not not paying attention to that as an option. I've started using it lately, and my teeth don't hurt anymore when I when I eat stuff that's cold or so.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I thought I picture. I thought like I limped lumped sensitive toothpaste in with elderly toothpaste for some reason, people with dentures.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how it started, you know what I mean. But we all we all got those little sensitive spots. You know, sometimes it's better to do it like that. You got a G T A five poster behind you.
Speaker 3: I was just me, Oh Jesus, Now, this is southeast South Vietnam. North Vietnam would be a great, great place for the G T A franchise to go far jacking people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, exactly, the fall of Saigon. Okay, because there's a there's like that little peninsul at the bottom. Because I'm so yeah brained, I'm a GT.
Speaker 3: Five mat bro totally. Yeah. Yeah, yeah. That does have a little icons like banks and safe houses.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, yeah, cool, cool, cool, All right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about and imploding presidential campaign.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back, and we're back and our FK Junior. He was invited by the House GOP to testify in front of the House Select Committee on Weaponization of the Federal Government.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is a real thing now because the Republicans have control of the House, they can just put these committees together to make their lives seem like official government business, which is really fun.
Speaker 3: Does a weaponization is that literal as like guns or does that just be like generic, It's just.
Speaker 2: More like government bad to you, right, yeah, because you know you spit out information constantly that's being weaponized against you. It's their favorite way to just describe accountability. But yeah, RFK, I think you know. He was basically invited there to be this like older buff attack dog to come at Joe Biden essentially under the guise of like talking about COVID and other things, and I guess in the process take down his own candidacy. But very interesting appearance here because anyway, he was out here testifying under oath like the fucking Internet doesn't exist. I want to I'm just gonna play. I'm just gonna go clip for clip here, just I'm not gonna set them up. Here's one of the first things that this man said, I.
Speaker 7: Have never been an anti vaxx. I have never told any I have never told the public avoid vaccination the only thing I've asked for, and my views are constantly misrepresented.
Speaker 2: So he said he's never been anti vacs, and we that's how we know RFKG like we know him as the anti vax guy. So again shout out to add the real truther who put out just subthing, like just juxtapose that clip with one from him in twenty twenty where he's out here being like, don't get vaccinated. So here's him in twenty twenty one, just his own words talking about what it's. You know, the responsibility of informed citizens to stop the wave of vaccines.
Speaker 8: Job is to resist and to talk about it. Everybody. You're walking down the street, and I do this now myself. You know, I don't want to do I'm not a business body. I see somebody on a.
Speaker 2: Hiking trail with a carrying a little.
Speaker 8: Baby, and I said, I can I'm vaccinate.
Speaker 3: It, just enjoying this wonder of nature?
Speaker 1: Are you hey, better not getting vaccinated?
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 8: By?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what the fuck are you talking about? And then he goes on to be like and then if he hears a from me, and if he hears it from ten other people, then maybe he won't do it and save that child from the vaccines.
Speaker 3: All like, these is ten more presidential candidates to come up from in public, And yeah, exactly has this voice always sound like that? The first time I ever actually heard him talk. That's horrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's surprising. He has some condition that.
Speaker 2: Sort of like Susan Collins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, pasmatic.
Speaker 3: Now I feel bad now a conditioned well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, voices so weird, like nobody really knows where it comes from, the vaccine. I think, yeah, I think it might be vaccination. And then he goes on right with this interesting parade. He said, I never compared COVID restrictions to Nazi Germany. I never did that. He did do that, and Sheryl Hines at the time was like, I know this is my man, but that's not how I feel. So here, let's just hear him again, act like you know, the Internet doesn't fucking exist. He's talking to Representative W. Wasserman Schultz here where she's being like, all right, let me put you on the spot about these comments.
Speaker 4: See that you're trying to rewrite history here. A few months ago, mister Kennedy, you compared COVID public health policies to barbaric, murderous tactics of Nazi Germany, saying that Jewish people in Nazi Germany had more freedom than Americans facing COVID health restrictions. In hindsight, mister Kennedy, do you reject this absurd and deeply hurtful and harmful of comparison or do you still stand by it?
Speaker 7: Congressman why you are saying why that.
Speaker 2: You said it? She said, first of all, congress Woman fam it's a lie. Oh I did not.
Speaker 7: I never can tell you.
Speaker 4: I never ever, mister Chairman cod when mister Kennedy said that, I reclaim my time.
Speaker 2: Okay, So again, just to check in that exact quote that he said. Maybe he didn't say those exact words. What he did say was quote, even in Hitler's Germany, you could cross the Alps to Switzerland, you could hide in an addict like an Frank did, like it was cool worked out well for her, which like what does that even mean? Yeah, but again here he is. And then just because he was like, sir, you're trying to like rewrite history, here's him being like, I never said anything anti semitic in my life, and sir, we just talked about this. But again here's his passionate defense about how he's been smeared but.
Speaker 7: Inflation about the war on the middle class in this country that we need to be having. And and by the way, I want to say this while I'm on the record that in my entire life and why I'm under oath, in my entire life, I have never uttered a phrase that was either racist or any semitic. I haven't spent my life.
Speaker 2: Okay, sir, we just talked about We just talked about that fart dinner where he's like, yeah, COVID, I don't know. It could be designed to spare the Chinese and Ashkar Nazi.
Speaker 1: Jews, right, folks, I don't think.
Speaker 3: I don't think you've used these statements as being a racist. It's just him telling it how it is. Are you kidding me? I was just making some common sense comments about phrenology, race science. Anyone can see look at any of the books that I wrote. Also, shout out in that last clip to the intern who's rocking the red bow tie. That's definitely what you call it a statement intern piece. So you're trying to stick out among your fellow congressional interns, you know, that's what you got. Do you have a very you have just one.
Speaker 2: He's got cousin Greg from succession.
Speaker 3: But that's what Yeah, yeah, absolutely, that's the way I do. You got to stick out from the from the from the hoard by having a old, uh what do you call it? Statement piece like that?
Speaker 2: Or you're just saying I'm a big Tucker Carlson fan. Yeah, yeah, he gets he can kill so many birds a one tie.
Speaker 1: Cheryl Hunt specifically called his comments on the M Frank comparison reprehensible and insensitive. So his own wife, it must be very exhausting to be married to him my husband, right, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: It's just such a weird that comba. I still don't understand. But hey, here we are, and again we're this seriously unseerious human is up here sucking up airtime. But you know Fox News loves to just clip that stuff out and be yeah, he's getting attacked because Joe Byron's government is a weapon.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, they're having to come up with heroes on the right. You know Jason now Dean, who I hadn't connected this, but yeah, he was the he was the artist who was on stage during the shooting in Vegas. Yeah, and yeah, now he is like the News, the New Cause celebra on the right totally.
Speaker 2: And I think, you know again people are taking his try that in a small town or other. Fuck it's called you know, since it got pulled from CMT, I don't know. He's like, I don't know why it did. I mean us, it looks like Kyle Rittenhouse's Mushroom Trip, like with the weird, fucked up imagery, and he's like, I don't know what the fuck happened there. But I never said anything racist or talked about race. Just the imagery was so terribly racially charged. And you know, I sang in front of a courthouse where someone was lynched in the twenties. Anyway, all that aside, so many pet pundits and like other people on the right have just come to jump in to defend him. Senator Marshall Blackburn said the Libs are doing cancel culture to him. Jesse Waters actually evoked Kyle Rittenhouse. He said, it's the same thing they did to Kyle Rittenhouse and Kenosha and the mccloskey's in Saint Louis. That was the white couple where the lady had the little handgun pointed all weird and the guy with mustard stained shirt and the marine in the subway.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, scare you out of defending your racist stuff.
Speaker 2: But listen this, he's saying, scare you out of defending your land, family and property. Once you are scared, you're easier to control, and then it's open season on all of us. Damn. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also, it's like the Libs at CMT, Yeah right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well cress Sarah Huggaby Sanders said the left is now more concerned about Jason Old's song calling out the looters and criminals than they are about stopping looters in criminals. That tells you everything you need to know about the priorities of Democrats and the woke companies like CMT that came into the liberal mob.
Speaker 2: What the wokem Some things are just reprehensible objectively, it seems maybe that's what it is, but yeah, I don't know. Again, it's just like what's wild, Like you're saying, Jack he was on stage when the shooting erupted in Vegas, you know, I was in twenty seventeen. And then like the lyrics in the song are talking about like shooting people because you like gun control. Yeah, it's like you want to take my guns and I'll shoot you anyway. Try that in a small town and everything. Like, I just love this stupid dichotomy of like in the city people are fucking they're knifing each other every day as they go ride their limescooters to the jamba juice.
Speaker 3: Smallun it's this weird combination where like a city folk are like soft little cry babies from our lattes, and also we're murdering each other day and night because just like it's a fucking bloodbath here while we're like doing liberal things and listening to you know, fresh air and stuff, right exactly, Yeah, it's like massacre.
Speaker 2: They're like, you did you know in La you have to drop kick a police officer in the back to be able to buy a Dodger hat just so you know, that's the initiation process.
Speaker 3: That's what it is jumped in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they just have like a clip, like a thirty clip highlight reel of violence, like closed camera TV violence from cities that is just constantly on loop in all of their brains. It's like this is what this is just what you see walking down the street. You know, there's no selection bias here at all.
Speaker 3: This is the clockwork orange like eyes held open things? Have you voluntarily doing it? And watching commercials for flomax in Betwen they're so concerned about us.
Speaker 2: I mean like, I'm good.
Speaker 1: We're just here in our cities.
Speaker 2: I love that. You know, there's he's trying to say, like that's the songs about you know, just being against violence. It's no, you're projecting more vigilante bullshit out there in an era like we're already like white people are on a literal hair trigger when it comes to the outside world. How many people are just getting shot because like someone walked to their door or something like even like that, like white woman gotten someone's carcasla is uber and then you got shot. Like this isn't again good to see that. His way to spread the message is to be like, yeah, I just need to stoke more fear out there and also get people on there like I'm gonna fuck you up type ethos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, And finally another new cause celebra and a new hero of the right. I mean he's been, he's been here, He's been Jesus Jim Cavizl who is like an Avid q onon weirdough like the I guess the events of the movie don't specifically reference QAnon and is pretty much like a straightforward Liam Neeson film about like people going to other countries to like fight against you know, is it like not not saying that the politics aren't fucked up in the movie, but just that like they're not doing the overt QAnon water carrying that I think I had assumed because it stars Jim Caviezel and because of the way it was being celebrated. But he is straight up and down like QAnon thinks that Donald Trump saves like is Liam Neeson and saving people from child trafficking instead of probably accidentally a party to sex trafficking like on a regular basis. Yeah, yeah, Like.
Speaker 2: At least here's something just getting down to the nitty gritty of what's next, you know, in this battle against Satanic traffickers, go after the traffickers. Do you think he do you think he understands that we.
Speaker 9: Were with him last night, Donald Truster, Yes.
Speaker 2: He's going to be moved to do this.
Speaker 9: He's talking about He was he's gonna this is the new Moses. I mean, I'm still Jesus, but he's the new Moses. Pharrell let my children go free, all right.
Speaker 3: I did not know that was a new prince. It was too much.
Speaker 2: It was even too much for kill Meat. He was like, dude, what.
Speaker 1: This is Jim caviasl and like I don't know who's next to him, but it feels like a very nervous Jim cavisl handler.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And Brian kill Me interviewing him, and he has the glassiest like just straight like walked out of the cult indoctrination ceremony of which he is like the Messiah and is just like speaking slowly, not breaking just intense eye contact with Brian kill Meat, talking about how we met with him last night. Okay, I am still he said, I'm still Jesus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is fucking wild, Like he didn't even say it like tongue in cheek, like the look in his eyes. I think that's why it fucking weirded, you know, meet out, because because he's just I just want to just one more time.
Speaker 9: I mean, I'm still Jesus, but he's the new Moses.
Speaker 2: He's not he's not laughing meat is like God, what.
Speaker 3: Jim plays it pretty straight man?
Speaker 2: Yeah, seriously amazing.
Speaker 1: That didn't that get Like the Beatles in Trouble when they compared themselves to like on the Q meter, Jesus' is Q rating. I feel like like we're as big as Jesus right now, and you know, the the right was up in arms, but this dude is like, we're not bigger. I'm not bigger than Jesus. I am Jesus.
Speaker 2: I am him a basketball court and ship made the name on the back motherfucker Christ up in here. But what does that even? Like, what what's their relationship at that point? Because what Moses, you know, a.
Speaker 1: Couple of years Testaments, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what do you? I don't whatever, I don't know. I'm like, I'm like all my like, you know, religious school teachings are coming back into my mind, trying to make sense of like that relations, Like, so what does that mean. Yeah, he's he's Moses, you know, but I'm Christ. Uh huh.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's also interesting just like Trump, you know, already was president and not only did he not solve the problem of human trafficking, he actually made it worse with you know, the like his immigration crackdowns, which.
Speaker 2: What policies can you point out? Jack? Don't just say Donald Trump made it worse because I'm tired of these libs doing this kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Those immigration crackdowns kneecapped legal and humanitarian avenues and so like people were not able, you know, the the organizations that are there to police, like what is happening when when people immigrate to the country, we're just not able to It was just open season and so there was way more trafficking and way few were human trafficking arrests. Sex child sex trafficking prosecutions in federal court went way down under Trump.
Speaker 2: So I guess, okay, well that's just like your opinion, and it is it is striking, like seeing the upward trend of federal prosecutions for child sex trafficking and then it's Trump and then it's just way, way way down.
Speaker 3: Look, how low they are on Bush though, what was happening there? I guess we were just like so bogged down in Afghanistan at the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think we just didn't also like societally just had no mind to make sense of you what trafficking was or like child abuse because everyone's like what do you what does that mean?
Speaker 3: It was a simple time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think the biggest thing was like Jared Fogel at the time for people like yeah, like that guy him bad, and like we're completely ignoring all the other ways in which it happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's take another quick break and we'll come back and we'll talk some UFO disclosure and we're back, and so you know, I'm open to this. Like sometimes I say, like every time I read one of these like do a deep dive on UFO reporting, disclosure all that stuff, I'm like, why do we ever talk about anything else? Because it feels important. So it felt like there was an ebb, like things were kind of coming to a close with this new wave of you know, the New York Times reported on like some military surveillance and military acknowledging that there are these videos and you know, evidence of things that they can't explain, and you know, there were efforts, there's a hearing on Capitol Hill, but it seemed like it ended with a bunch of like redacted material where the mainstream media's takeaway seemed to have been they didn't say, it's definitely aliens, so we can all move along. Like it just felt like we were like, all right, well, we're kind of tired of this story, and it felt like things were calming down. So during that time, they introduced some whistleblower protections for people coming coming forward with like evidence of you know, things happening around u a PS that weren't supposed to be happening. U a p S is unidentified aerial phenomenon, which is like what they call UFOs because they don't want to be they feel like there's a stigma from the era of flying saucers and shit. Exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But so Chuck Schumer and a bipartisan committee is not letting it drop and has proposed what The Hill describes as stunning legislation because it implies that, you know, after all the reports and information gathering that they went through in the past couple of years, they think quote the US government or private contractors may secretly possess recovered UFOs and biological evidence of living or deceased non human intelligence.
Speaker 10: That's the Chuck Schuber like introduced right that you're being like, yo, man, they got cruise out here, just scooping up crashed spaceships and the fuckers inside, and you're like, huh.
Speaker 3: Love it loves seeing mainstream politicians come around to the David the Company's school, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I Mean the thing that I hear a lot of smart people say is like every time this comes up, I'm like looking around to see what they're trying to cover up. Like this always feels like a distraction, like a smoke screen for you know, whatever.
Speaker 3: We're or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly, But it also feels like.
Speaker 3: That should just happens all the time that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh man, it feels like they don't need that. And also like this is the most high profile like politician since I guess Harry Reid to come through and like attach his name to something that was just like yeah, man, it feels like aliens are real and we like have them like hidden in a warehouse or some shit. I don't know, Like we should look into this.
Speaker 2: Thing for the last two Democratic Senate majority leaders just really into UFOs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like it feels like maybe the reverse is true and they're like, yeah, no one's really paying attention. So now would be an okay time for me to like introduce this weird legislation that because I think a lot of people are just like scared of acknowledge, like attaching their name to something that acknowledges the possibility because it's been like crackpot seen as crackpop for so long.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think people will get behind it. I mean, like you like, it's just so much more interesting. It's like it's a bipartisan thing. Like who is not interested in aliens?
Speaker 1: Like why even Marco Rubio is, Yeah, Marco Rubio is all over this shit. I mean I think he was kind of the public face of the first round, and I had kind of associated that with the thing of like, well, they said that they're not definitively alien, so we're good here. But according to the legislation, non human intelligence is defined as any sentient, intelligent non human life for regardless of nature or ultimate origin, which may be presumed responsible for UFOs, which, like, I don't know, it just feels like they're aiming at something, and.
Speaker 2: I yeah, the what the the words that are being used are striking, especially when you're talking about like clandestine programs of recovering crash spaceships and right, the thing that gives me a little bit of pause or gives it a little more like seriousness is bec because the Senate does not like hearing about shit they don't know about, especially when they have oversight committees and things like this. So when a whistleblower comes and tells them, you know, there's all this shit that it's happening that you guys have absolutely no fucking clue about, that's when like their egos get in the mix and they're like, well, hold the fuck up, what And now they want to start getting some answers because you know, I'm there are plenty of programs that obviously may be shielded from the Senate, but it sounds like from Schumer's perspective and the other senators, they're like, it seems like a lot of this is going on and we have zero idea about it. And that's what's kind of fucking with us because now other countries also have programs like this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're saying that the US is not alone. So the thing that I hadn't realized it felt like it was happening behind the scenes, and there is a lot of reporting on it, but it just didn't feel like it made a huge dent in the zeitgeist. Like this guy David Grush was is like this super high clearance intelligence official who you know, we talked about Lou Alizondo, who was Elizondo, who was leading like the Pentagon program on this, and then in twenty seventeen he kind of defected and was like, look like we need to just be transparent about this, like this is what we're looking at. It feels like nobody's acknowledging the possibility of this. Well, there's been another one of those, this guy David Grush, who, like, you know, the pictures of him, he just looks like a like military dork, Like all the pictures of these people's That's the thing that just seems so strange. It's like all these guys with like silver hair just like combed like with like you know, huge hair spray like silver. They just look like they're the picture on the wall at the local like military recruitment office. Like they just look so buttoned up. They have like you know, the salad on their chest and like all all the you know, military ribbons, ribbons ribbons and little tags and stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like they're really going a long way to like subverting the stereo types of these people, like bringing them like respectability is just no longer. I think like the professor with like the tupuffs of hair on either side. Yeah, you know, the dreamy look in their eyes. Now like some square who works in a like high level clearance office and you're like, look, this is an issue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is really weird guys. Yeah, the the guy like the person I keep picturing you, like whenever they talk about like government officials who are like aware of this stuff. I picture the scientists from Independence Day who has like long raddy like rats nest hair and glasses and the alien like takes over his body. Like I'm like, yeah, sure, there's a couple of years for the Star Trek. Yeah, sure there's a couple of weirdos from the military, but but yeah, all these guys are just and when you like that, there has been like there was an astronaut who was like yeah, before I was an astronaut, I was an Air Force pilot and I saw a flying saucer and like chased it around the sky and then it just sped up and like I couldn't catch up to it. Like there's there's a lot of testimony from people who just don't seem like the stereotypical person who like makes this shit up, and like that was the thing. Like Marco Rubio came through and was like, look, there's two things. One of two things is happening here. Either what this guy is saying is partially true or entirely true, or we have some or like part two, we have like a bunch like a network of really smart educated people with high military clearance and very important positions in our government who are crazy and are just like making shit up in a very like coordinated way to like send us on a weird wild goose chase and like that that feels wrong, you know, but like if that's true, that's also worth looking into. But yeah, so this guy, David Grush, like he basically came out. There was a bunch of retaliation when he started trying to like be transparent about the stuff that he was seeing, and then they created this like whistleblower protection to make it so that you weren't allowed to retaliate against people for like coming forward with this sort of information. And once they did that, like all of these dudes started coming forward and just being like, yeah, there's like it seemed I guess there's all these different agencies just like nested inside like other military, like parts of the military, who like their purpose seems to be investigating and like sometimes recovering crashed spacecraft.
Speaker 2: That way to say it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like that, like this doesn't seem right, but yeah, yeah, like that that's the question, Like what, like Margo Ruio also said, what incentive would so many people with that kind of qualification, these are serious people have to come forward and make something up that would completely ruin their career.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, And again the words that Grush like says this is when I was like, oh, fuck, this is wild because he's talking about like this is a coordinated effort but like other organizations involved to recover the craft or whatever and then fucking disappear them basically and then.
Speaker 1: Also learn from them and profit from them, right exactly. Yeah, that's the thing that's getting brought up that scares the shit out of me, is there They're like and there's a lot of private military contractors who are also aware of this and also in the business of like recovering this stuff and then trying to learn from it and profit from.
Speaker 2: It and reverse engineer the technology. That's what makes it really And I don't know if that gives credence to the idea of like some of these other tic TACs are again this is like super wild out there shit, But when they talk about how they are people like from his perspective, they are actively trying to reverse engineer the technology and try and figure it out. That I wonder if if this is true, like if does every country have like little crashed space people that they're trying to fucking be like, hey man, show me how to turn this, turn this iPod into a bomb or whatever. But I don't know that that's what makes it. I think maybe of more interest to the Senate if they think, now this is maybe like we're talking about technologies that we're barely understanding and like people are fucking having laboratory time with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's all like the idea of the stuff being privatized this quickly out of the gate. It feels like like, I mean, you know, the last twenty years like you know, companies in general just like taking every step they can to fuck with our lives in every little way, be it you know, pop up ads or like you know, ads of the gas. So imagine like alien technology being used to extract even more of our happiness of our lives, like likes. So somehow like photon photon photon pop up ad or photon photon atm FEE is not not very inspiring to me right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, capitalism with extraterrestrial technology, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just a couple more quotes front. So Jonathan Gray is a generational officer of the United States intelligence community with a top secret clearance who currently works for the National Air and Space Intelligence Center, where the analysis of UAP has been his focus. And this is just a direct quote from this person. The non human intelligence phenomenon is real. We are not alone, Like, just get over it. Retrievals of this kind are not limited to the United States. This is a global phenomenon, and yet a global solution continues to elude us. This other guy, who is like a Carl Nell, retired Army colonel who worked with Rush on the UAP Task Force, says his assertion concerning the existence of a terrestrial arms race occurring sub rassa over the past eighty years focused on reverse engineering technologies of unknown origin is fundamentally correct, as is the indisputable realization that at least some of these technologies of unknown origin derived from non human intelligence. There's a retired Army.
Speaker 2: Colonel that's just like his opinion so fucking weird, man, Like, yeah, what do you do with those quotes?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I don't know, like I don't trust the military, but I also like just don't understand why these people are necessarily all coming out and coordinating to be like, yeah, like this is what's going on. It's really fucked up. We really don't want this in like private hands, but it's like everybody's doing it, so we might as well just like tell the truth, like it it doesn't seem more profitable. Like the one of the arguments that I'd always like had in my mind is that, Okay, the military is going to start doing this to justify like increased military budgets, which like part of the problem that explanation is that nobody is significantly pushing back against military budgets, so like they don't they don't need to create.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they pissed aliens every day.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And also like what and the direction of these quotes does not seem to be so we need to like get on our ship and start out spending people. It's like we need to tell people the truth about what's happening, right, I don't know, very strange.
Speaker 2: I mean that's I think what the military. People in the military know one thing, power and violence. And I think what potentially, if they're motive, they're probably motivated by the idea that some some terrible shit could happen that Like we're not quite figuring out the fact that he said a terrestrial arms race occurring like in a clandestine way for.
Speaker 1: The past eighty years. Like he's basically saying our current technology, like the past eighty years of military development has at least been partially influenced by this ship.
Speaker 3: God, you imagine like waking up one dayend China just all of a sudden has like some god awful.
Speaker 1: Like silent like hovering craft over.
Speaker 3: Hey, guess what this is over now?
Speaker 2: Sorry? Yeah, we built five iron men, so good luck and a doctor Manhattan for good measure, So here we go. But yeah, I think that's to me, that's What I think gives me a little bit of pause is when you have these guys who are all about destroying shit with weapons. It almost feels like, hey, y'all, like we got to figure this out because I don't know if we're behind or ahead or whatever, but like we got to know about this ship and people need to know about this ship. That's that is a little alarming. So where I wonder where this storage unit is with all the cool spaceships, Like, that's the thing.
Speaker 1: It seems like it's every like there there are multiple all over the place, some in private hands. Like that's what scares the shit out, private private sector. Harlan Crove, that's where fucked up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, welcome by Alien Wing.
Speaker 2: Yeah he's like, oh, he's like yeah, the Nazi stuff is so trite.
Speaker 3: Check out this spaceship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if you look at it you will get ocular cancer.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know why. We're still trying to figure that out, so just only look for a little bit.
Speaker 1: The House oversych Committee will hold a hearing on July twenty sixth, so next week, featuring roughly half a dozen what they call superstar witnesses who served in both Democratic and Republican administrations talking about this stuff. So it is an ongoing story, and it seems like this is going to be more and more of a thing, I would think, because it really seems like the whistleblower protection just opened up the floodgates and now everyone's just like all right, so I can I can like say the thing now. Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, we're not my god weird dude. Yeah, it's crazy out here. Real vindication for a lot of people could be real vindication for a lot of the people who uh with desert.
Speaker 3: Having a great year. He is climbing back up.
Speaker 2: Man, When Travis Barker comes knocking on his door to get the band back, say quell itchy, we.
Speaker 3: Come back for the wacko. Sorry, I got testified for the house tomorrow. I can't join your full garage band.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. But you guys are laughing at me about you. Oh fuck you man right now. But it is interesting to see like what this process is going to be of if this is true truly, how do you begin the reckoning with that? Like that's a huge fucking mental bridge to cross, YEA like as people as a government whatever be like so y'all, yes, We've been real quiet about this ship, but there are people have been recovering stuff for a while now, and we're not alone, and some people are kind of trying to start fucking around with the technology actually have been for years that like even I have trouble being like.
Speaker 3: For really like I'm for Congress. That's like you know, arguing about like you know, LGBT flags and like you know, Jason Aldian songs just now start grappling with like existential question. Yeah, like redefine how we view the universe and how we view ourselves. Like that doesn't seem like they didn't really know to handle that.
Speaker 2: They're going to be like, we need to we need to kill the woke aliens, right what?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, like that I had that thought during the course of this is like what's Marjorie Taylor Green can do with this information?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean, here's the thing. I can imagine that you could get a lot of religious fanatics like again on Edge. Absolutely that would because that's fun. That is a fucking that would completely fuck their world view up, you know what I mean? Unless what are they going to say, it's Christ come back into spaceship Are they going to say it's Satan on a spaceship. Are they going to say it's a lie because we are the Actually everything revolves around our little earth because God says, So, I I don't know, this will be.
Speaker 3: Something tells me they'll be able to very easily invents some rule that automatically resolves. They don't. They never see me that that caught up by.
Speaker 1: They seem to be good at converting large events into outrage in somewhere out there.
Speaker 2: Right, What are you gonna blame Joe Biden?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, so all of this does.
Speaker 2: Alien scourge upon us? Joe Biden.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: One of the things, Yeah, deal with it. God, what if Trump's the president when all this ship breaks through? One of the things this creates is a nine person like congressional committee that is sort of the acknowledged like, you know, all this stuff was happening inside a closed box, and this would at least be a like that this nine person committee would be able to review all documents having to do with any you know, discovery of extraterrestrial objects or materials or whatever, and then like make a decision as to whether to declassify it or share it with the public. So I'm guessing like it won't just be they won't be like Yop post it on the discord. It's going to be pretty you know. But but at least it like opens the idea of there being a release valve to the public, which has to be better than just the closed, you know, underground thing that's been happening. But then it does. Ultimately, I think land with the President like that would be the design is that the president gets to decide if it if something is declassified.
Speaker 2: Dude, if Trump was fucking president again, he wouldn't he would keep all the alien ship for himself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he'd just be.
Speaker 1: There next to some boxing gloves from Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm getting some wild radiological readings off of that metal on your desk. Oh my god, the side of your face is blue. Oh that's the one I I I kind of nuzzled against the sheet medal last night. Now yeah, it's uh, I don't know. We love an alienoe folks, we do, we love them, We love we love the alien folks.
Speaker 1: Well, Jango, such a pleasure having you, Yeah, find you, follow you all that good stuff.
Speaker 3: I think the best way to find me is on various social media platforms like Instagram and YouTube and even TikTok lately at Django Industries one word, it's Django d j A n g O Industries, And I like we mentioned the being the show. I will be having a stand up comedy special dropping in a few weeks and a few can be a number at this point that let's just let's just say, let's just say September, all right, all right?
Speaker 2: I like that good mine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks for having me, guys.
Speaker 1: And is there a work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 3: Oh? I forgot, that's right, it's actually this actually will double back to the Jason Aldon thing because the tweet and question that I liked was from the Eve six guy aka Max Collins. I retweeted only pulled up right now. Max Collins tweeted this morning, country music has gone from like quote I shot a law man just to watch him die end quote. Two quote if you don't turn your music down, I will call the police, not to mention my state senator end quote. And it really is. We'll just become a nation of cry babies. It's really a damn shame.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Miles, where can people find you? As the work Amedia you've been enjoying.
Speaker 2: Find me on at Based life Forms, at Miles of Gray wherever you get them, and find me on my new podcast The Good Thief, talking about Greece's modern day robin Hood. Really awesome podcast. Also catch Jack and I on our new regular basketball podcast, Miles and Jack Got Mad Boss. And also check me and Sophia Alexander out on Fiance. I'm hitting the entire spectrum of podcasts right now. It's kind of fucking wild and let's see. Tweet I like is from Caroline Renard at Caroline Renard Underscore tweeted, replacing actors on set with AI means you're replacing a hairstylist, a makeup artist, a costumer, a script supervisor, a stutman, a driver, a stand in, small a smaller skeleton crews, et cetera. Because the studios will say there's no need for these other jobs because no actors. Yeah, there's a lot of there's a lot at stake here. And then also at Luke Barnett also tweeted, it's going to be interesting. This isn't just sag WGA or ups. This is all workers. In nineteen eighty CEOs made on average thirty times the pay of their lowest worker. David Zaslov makes over one thousand times as much as the lowest paid MAX employee. This is a workers deserve more, CEOs deserve less. Fight. Yeah, I think that sums it up pretty well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, work media I've been enjoying actually contradicts, like, you know, a lot of the strike stuff we've been talking about, because Amy at loll anu I tweeted hearing disturbing rumors that some of these protesters on the pigot line are professional actors.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and U I again and U I loll on.
Speaker 1: We we all got our struggles, you know. Mine is to correctly pronounce on we every time. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore Obrian. You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeikeeist. We're at the Daily Zeicheist, on Instagram, we have Facebook fan page and a website Daily zeikeist dot com, where we post our episodes on our foot nope or link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy. Miles, is there a song you think people might.
Speaker 2: Think they're gonna enjoy this track by Nala and a l A, who's a DJ from Miami but now you know doing stuff in l A featuring Nicky Nair. It's called the World Is Always Ending but like the vibe is like it. It's it's just the music that she's making. It feels like Chemical Brothers kind of stuff from the nineties. It's really cool, like sort of chopped up breaks with like cool sense and like vocals over it. So I think if you like, if you were a Chemical Brothers fan back in the day, or you're open to some neck breaking beats, check this one out.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: We will link after that in the footnotes. The Daily Zeik is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeart Radio ap Apple podcast or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That is going to do it for us this morning. We are back on Monday to tell you what was trending over the weekend. We'll have a you know, best of the week over the weekend, the Weekly Zeitgeist, and then a special episode on Tuesday, so we'll talk to you all then, Bye bye.