Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio at the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Kaddy arm Strong and Greg and Key Arms Wrong.
Speaker 2: I had to say hello to my unhoused street person friend who hangs out behind the trash can right where.
Speaker 1: I walk in the door of the building every day.
Speaker 2: You know, kind of watch him out of the corner of my eye, make.
Speaker 1: Sure he's not gonna attack me or anything like that. We're just sneak in the building. Jamake's ball talk. How's the meth these days? The good good crank. What I like is how. What I like is how I how fearing for my life? First thing?
Speaker 2: Walking in gets my heart rate up and gets me prepared for the show in case I'm feeling kind.
Speaker 1: Of logie or whatever.
Speaker 2: The whole this equivalent of ten pushups, the whole. This guy might kill me. Yeah, it gets me ready for the show. So it really has a benefit.
Speaker 3: Why don't we call them alertness ambassadors instead of junkies.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm Gavin Newsome. Let's call them alertness ambassadors.
Speaker 2: Thank you once again, sir, for alerning to be my core human feelings of terror and excitement. Uh, live from Studio c C signor blah blah blah. Today we're under the tutelage of our general manager. Pete Hagseth, Secretary of Defense MPR said it looks like he's going to go through. So if they are even saying that looks like it, they also just said as an NPR that Pam Boondi is probably going to go through as attorney General. So so much for the controversy around those nominees.
Speaker 1: I guess I have.
Speaker 3: Dialed up the NPR lately. I've been a little stressed, and I know that might drive me right over the edge.
Speaker 1: I can do sixty.
Speaker 2: Minutes because you know it's short, it's only an hour. But so you know, as often happens in Washington, d C. A whole bunch of this could happen. That could happen, and.
Speaker 1: Then whatever, I actually love our lives.
Speaker 3: Indeed, Yeah, I have a couple of examples of the incredible divide between the progressive left and the seine in terms of, for instance, men in women's prison where they're raping and sexually assaulting and impregnating women. And if you bring it up to a progressive person who believes that you can just wish yourself to be the other sex and therefore have become the other sex. I want to be a unit card anyway that that excuses all of that sexual assault. I don't even know where to begin forming an argument with them.
Speaker 2: Oh I heard I was watching Fox this morning and who's the hot blonde chick? We shared a stage one at one time for something on Fox. That's a hard thing to nail down, Tommy Lara, Yes, it was her. She said something that I thought was good was all these senators who are so worried about women being mistreated in the military or not getting their fair shot. I wish they would stand up for women in sports and having not having to compete against dudes. You wish they'd be quite as interested in that as they are, whether or not they're combat soldiers who are women, or at least not let a person with schwantz which a person with shunshtuka, which I believe is the preferred term into the locker room. Use that into women and protecting women. Keep dudes out of the locker rooms, your pervs, your sickos, your dreamers.
Speaker 1: Your nuts jobs.
Speaker 2: Probably probably we have the saying in charge that doesn't why is that not in the constitution?
Speaker 1: Tack it on the ENDPS.
Speaker 2: Anybody who's completely freaking nuts should not be in charge. Uh, I'm gonna say something. Oh, probably the headline out of the like if you're just kind of doing a barely paying attention to whether or not this guy Trump picked to be Secretary Defense is going to get through or not. Jony earnstuff Iowa female combat veteran who's really worried about some of his stances, grilled him on some of that stuff. We'll play it later, and came away thinking I'm fine with it on a yes vote.
Speaker 1: So that's pretty much the end of the deal.
Speaker 3: Then here's the behind the scenes information that you really need. And some might quibble with this, but it's close enough to being true you might as well accept it. The Republicans feel like they can boot out one of Trump's cabinet nominees, maybe two.
Speaker 1: The Democrats are the Republicans.
Speaker 3: The Republicans okay, without really whipping up magnation, Oh, I see, they can pick out one and say, hey, look, mister President, we're putting in all your folks.
Speaker 1: We just get to one guy or gal. Maybe you could pick somebody else. And everybody went, big hugs, it'll be great. But two is pushing it.
Speaker 3: Two is standing up against Trump, inviting primaries, the rest of it.
Speaker 1: So and Matt Gates was the one.
Speaker 3: Um, No, I think one now, because Matt Gates was practically I mean, he was injured in the pregame warmups.
Speaker 2: I don't think he counts twisted his ankle before the national anthem.
Speaker 3: Exactly twisted his ankle putting his uniform on. So yeah, I think there could be one more, uh, you know, deer.
Speaker 1: Head on the wall as it were.
Speaker 2: But I was thinking about an only one. I was thinking about old Matt Gates today when they're talking about Pam Bondi's going to get through, you know, all of the chatter in DC and people who like to talk about this sort of stuff even hardly even remember Matt Gates's Attorney General thing.
Speaker 1: I mean that was like two weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Nobody will remember it at all, and you know, a year from now, it's just it's right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Who's in, who's out, who's got power, who's got the big desk?
Speaker 1: In Washington?
Speaker 3: D C is an obsession. You can't even picture it, you can't relate to it. Unless you've you been close to it and felt it that it is. It's feverish it. I mean, it's like sexual desired times three.
Speaker 2: I must say, though I was kind of neutral on Pete Hagsath, I just wasn't right super fired up either direction. If that's Trump's choice, fine put him in. Until I heard a montage on I Think Fox Today that we'll play for you later of some of his answers and some of the q and as. That got me a little fired up, thinking he could be a a breath of fresh air for the whole thing, So we'll play that later.
Speaker 1: Have the same effect on me. Absolutely.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he will be like the greatest Secretary of Defense for the next twelve years under multiple presidents, but he absolutely brings something that needs to be brought to the Pentagon, and that is an acute sense of the fighting men and what they need.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: And there's a chance, and I hope this doesn't happen, but there's a chance that Peaked Hegzeth as sect Deaf and Mark Rubio as Secretary of State are in history books for dealing with some major freaking world event. The way we talk about second deaths and Secretary's of State from you know, major conflicts in the past. I hope not, but man, there's a decent chance of it.
Speaker 3: I would say, combine that with my possibility, and you've got an excellent chance and my possibilities between the two of them and some of the other foreign policy team players Mike Waltz, who I absolutely loves national security or as what is he the National Security Director? It's a Jake Sullivan's position, and there's too many jobs. Yeah, council, that's it. Are Between the three of them, they change America's war readiness and posture significantly enough that it prevents the sort of terrible conflict you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Right, which is a harder thing to write in the history books. It's hard to write things that didn't happen.
Speaker 3: But you could argue it's a better thing if you can pull it off absolutely, frecolutely.
Speaker 2: If China thinks, oh, we got some real real kick ass, hard ass grown ups in charge over there now, maybe now is not the time to take time.
Speaker 1: W Let's give it a few years and see what happens.
Speaker 2: Maybe we can get another dementia riddled old man who's unwilling to do anything. Wait, for him to come back.
Speaker 1: Let's start the show officially.
Speaker 2: I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this it is how did it already get to be Wednesday, January the fifteenth, the year twenty twenty five or Armstrong and getting what we approve of this program?
Speaker 3: All right, let's begin officially according to sc rules of regulations. Here we go at Mark.
Speaker 4: How many senators have showed up drunk to vote at night? Have any of you guys asked him to step down and resign for their job? And then how many senators do you know have got a divorce before cheating on their Why wives? Did you ask them to step down?
Speaker 1: Fax? Was pretty good?
Speaker 3: Bring it Mark Wayne, the fabulous Mark Wayne Mullet of Oklahoma.
Speaker 1: That was pretty good.
Speaker 2: And is the camera panned across some of the Democrats there blasting exits for drinking and cheating on his wife.
Speaker 1: You can see on the faces.
Speaker 2: Oh he's got a decent point there.
Speaker 1: Many many collars were simultate. How dare you.
Speaker 2: Drink on the job? And I have you ever showed up at night to after a couple of drinks to yeah?
Speaker 1: All of you often?
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, that's different because we're senators on the whole cheating on your wife thing. Come on, remember when we found out a couple of years ago that giant slush fund that exists in DC that is tax payer money or yeah, tax payer money to help.
Speaker 1: Was at the time anyway pay off.
Speaker 2: NDAs and things like that for people in government who get accused of things.
Speaker 3: Right, Yes, giant slush fund for gropins and harassments and the rest of it to keep it out of.
Speaker 1: The news, and then you taxpayers, you pay for it. Isn't that lovely? Nice? Wow? So how does mailbag look today? Oh, it's very strong, full of insight. Cool. I got a lot of news to catch you beyond.
Speaker 2: The fires continue, the wind continues, the politics of the whole thing continues.
Speaker 1: So we'll have the latest on that. Our text line is four one five two nine five KFTC.
Speaker 2: I was just reading my favorite political newsletter from Mark Halpern, and he thought Heads's performance was baffo yesterday. But in his newsletter he points out all the stuff that goes into these things besides just the lead guy, the prep team and the nuts of bolts and the details that he said that Trump people really killed it with yesterday things I hadn't thought of. Maybe I can explain that to you a little bit later. It was news to me.
Speaker 3: It's interesting, yeah, yeah, indeed, And we have a number of really interesting clips from that hearing to sprinkle in throughout the day today commentary on it.
Speaker 1: Pete's looking pretty good.
Speaker 2: Here's your freedom loving quote of the day.
Speaker 3: Let me, I usually look up if I don't recognize the name of the person who said it, I look it up to make sure they weren't like, you know, the best known torture of the Paul pot regime or something like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, this guy definitely was not.
Speaker 3: Eckhardfeiffer was the CEO of Compac in the nineties when that company was growing like crazy.
Speaker 1: The computer company.
Speaker 3: Today is either the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning. Today we are making history. It's kind of a carpe DM sees the day idea that you know.
Speaker 1: Whatever you want to do, today's part of that.
Speaker 2: What was the one you had last week that I was going to remember the rest of my life, but I've already forgot it was so.
Speaker 1: Forget a great saying because you'll use it later.
Speaker 2: I believe that was It was something along those lines of, you know, it would have been great if you got your act together years ago, but how about you since you didn't start today.
Speaker 1: It was one of those kind of things. Yeah, I don't. I'll bet I could find it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then less seriously, two more Galileo the Great Scientist. He says, if ire, this is the end of our series of quotes on beginnings, because it's January fifteenth.
Speaker 1: It were in the meat of the year now.
Speaker 3: Anyway, he says, if I were again beginning my studies, I would follow the advice of Plato and start with mathematics.
Speaker 1: I thought that was mildly interesting. Is a guy who's bad math?
Speaker 3: And finally this Douglas Adams, who of course wrote The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy in the beginning the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. I love Douglas Adams. Mail bag WHOA WHOA. You can communicate with us through a variety of means, the text line, or drop us an email mail bag at Armstrong Getti dot com. Matt and Honolulu writes Mazie Herono is an effing idiot. Oh Matt, that's Matt, Senator. Do you have a clip of the esteemed woman from Hawaii?
Speaker 2: Michael?
Speaker 1: Would you carry out an order protest sy in the legs?
Speaker 5: I saw service agents to get injured, bias riders trying to jump over the fence, send church on fire, and descry.
Speaker 1: That sounds to me that you will comply with such an order, you will shoot protesters in the leg.
Speaker 3: And later she said, would you invade Greenland?
Speaker 1: If the president or it? Would you invade Greenland?
Speaker 2: It sounds like you would invade Greenland.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Matt writes, embarrassed from my state and my fellow Hawaiians, I apologize on behalf of my state. Tucker once said she's the stupidest member of Congress, and he's right.
Speaker 1: This isn't partisan.
Speaker 3: Our other Senator, Brian Schatz, far left progressive, is very bright. I'm interested in his ideas, though I often disagree with him strenuously. Uh, Mazie is a full fledged moron. I don't know why we keep all thatting here. And then he says, I know you can't say this on the radio, then says something we cannot say on the radio.
Speaker 1: Thank you Matt moving along, I.
Speaker 2: Wonder how many people if you if you divorced the the you know politics from it your your you agree with their views or not. If you divorce that if you sat down with them, you'd come around thinking, man, that person's really sharp, or you'd come across sick and that person is definitely not sharper than me.
Speaker 1: All right, what would you guess?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: My, more just.
Speaker 2: In general of Congress? Yeah, you think it'd be more of the former or the latter. You think most of the time you think, wow, they are really sharp, or you'd think anybody could be in that job.
Speaker 3: Apparently, I'm thinking it would be one third impressive, two thirds.
Speaker 1: Mah, maybe that's best you can do, wild guess.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, uh, of course it depends on with all due modesty, I mean if I had IQ of seventy seven, my number would be different. It varies by person, obviously, but in general, yeah, I think probably two thirds math one third.
Speaker 1: Wow. You know.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite things to remember is it's so obvious and so simple. But I was as dealing with customer service problems over the Christmas break the old saying that half of people are of below average intelligence class are is very helpful sometimes to think about right right, and it's also helpful to remember nobody chooses that as long as somebody is reasonably pleasant. I have a great deal of patience for those not not terribly blessed anyway, JT and Livermore for frequent correspondent. Rights people on the left are trying to blame the LA fire disaster on climate change, but that only proves what idiots they are. Let me ask it this way, which is worse. A to be skeptical.
Speaker 3: Skeptical about climate change is an excuse for why you don't prepare for hotter, dryer fire seasons. Or B to be certain that climate change is real and be certain that it will result in hotter and try your fire seasons, but doing nothing to prepare for said climate change related fires, a point that's been made over and over again. Gavin Newsom, Karen Bass and their ilk are obsessive. They blame everything on climate change.
Speaker 2: They give out billions of dollars to their cronies in the name of green energy and climate change, and yet well, we couldn't do anything about it climate change well, and also, as I said last week, I think even with their projections if we did the things they wanted to do, it would be tiny adjustments over decades. So oh, that ain't gonna make any difference for like a long time. So how about we only talk about you know, the reality of now.
Speaker 3: And preparedness would be your ninety seven percent emphasis if you were serious.
Speaker 1: But they're not. It's a scam.
Speaker 3: JT also writes, you guys were wondering whether the fire disaster lack of preparedness is enough to convince California voters to vote Republican going forward? No is the answer?
Speaker 1: Well, or a reasonable Democrat? Sure?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, a good point. A lot more good emails. Maybe we'll sprinkle them in throughout the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Republican takeover is a fantasy, but maybe normal Democrats taking back over could happen in California.
Speaker 1: We got a lot to talk about. I hope you can stay.
Speaker 2: Here, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 6: The thing that excites me about his background is the overwhelming support I've heard from veterans groups across the board that our soldiers, sailors, airman, marine, the veterans, especially from our generation's war, the War on Terror, not only support him, they're excited for him. They're excited to have him there, and they identify with him.
Speaker 3: That's Congressman Mike Walls, friend of the Armstrong and Getty Show, and friend of patriots everywhere.
Speaker 1: I think that's interesting.
Speaker 2: We're going to talk a little bit about the hearing yesterday for Trump's nominee for Secretary Defense. Pretty big job, this guy, Pete hegg Zeff, who's known by people who watch Fox as a morning guy and Fox and Friends. Other people know him more as the military guy that he is, and was a couple of things that Mark Alprin pointed out in his newsletter, Anti woke is a far greater source of adhesive for any Trump project that requires center right support than the dominant media and Democrats understand slash realize. I think that's true. I think as long as you're anti woke, which exeit went to a lot, I think that really brings a lot of people into your tent.
Speaker 1: Right well.
Speaker 3: And it's no surprise to hear me say I think that's appropriate in large measure, because again, the woke thing is not just a harmless, we want more diversity thing. It's an effort to overthrow Western civilization in the name of neo Marxism. So if you're on that page, we can talk about our differences.
Speaker 1: I think we'll get along.
Speaker 2: Mark Alprin also wrote in his newsletter, and he knows about this sort of stuff in a way that I don't. The squad of sherpas and deputy Shirt is around hexif did a first rate job doing all the things such crews need to do to have him completely prepared for this thing, the way they handled the interviews with the various senators before the confirmation hearing, for the confirmation hearing yesterday, and his point being that during the election shortly after the election, there was a lot of question whether or not the second Trump term could draw high level talent and helping rights for at least for now, the answer is yes. Apparently you can get top talent to be involved with your various people. And then he got to this, which is something I'd never thought of. Team Trump knows how to win battles that are fought in the world of pr politics, press and policy, technology, the media landscape, the level of nature of partisanship are all things that the Trump team knows how to handle, and they get to details right packing the hearing with supporters who laughed at Hegz's jokes, cheered him on, and basically he created the soundtrack for his gladiatorial moments. Something the grasping and stuttering Democrat senators lacked was a brilliant move by the Trump team.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I wouldn't even have known that that was a thing to be able to get enough people in there that you know, people laugh at your jokes and applaud and gas but your brilliant comments.
Speaker 3: Sure, yeah, how interesting behind the scenes there. I want to hear one more from Congressman Mike Waltz here.
Speaker 6: Sixty Michael, I think Pete sech Hegseth is going to be a great Defense secretary.
Speaker 1: It is time for change. When you have a.
Speaker 6: Situation where we've had the worst recruiting crisis since Vietnam. When you have our major defense systems like the Joint Strike Fighter have a readiness rate in the thirties despite being the most expensive system ever, when we have a shipbuilding crisis, our navy is going backwards and getting smaller while China's is now the largest in the world. And this committee, the Armed Services Committee in the Senate, has had hearing after hearing for years, if not decades decrying all of these problems, and yet we have someone with an unconventional background who's not a defense industry executive, who's not a former general.
Speaker 1: I say, good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And the good news and the bad news is because I'm intrigued by Pete Hegseith. He's a surprising choice and unconventional choice, and I can't guarantee you he's going to do a good job. But the good news and bad news simultaneously is that the Pentagon is so enormous and so stubborn and so difficult to reform. If he turns out to be not great at it, he's not going to be able to do much damage. And if he is a godsend to the Pentagon, it's going to be herculean task to accomplish much. That's you know, like I say, the good news and the bad news.
Speaker 2: I have breaking news, and Katie, I'm gonna need your input because I'm about to go perhaps misogynists in a way that I don't intend to, but I don't know how else to reporting this story. Here's the problem, here's the problem with the Attorney General hearing that is kicked off the day with Pam BONDI she's too hot. I just don't think I don't know why. I don't think that's okay. But she's too hot, she's too stylish. That outfit she's wearing's too stylish. She's too hot. You need a gray haired guy or a frumpy woman who looks like she spent her whole life studying. You can't have a woman that hot the Attorney General. I just think it's you, responds Katie.
Speaker 1: Misogynistic meter shattered.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, really, you probably ought to suspend yourself.
Speaker 1: Is that misogynistic? It just yese, get past it, adolescent. This is sick.
Speaker 2: But if I'm a misogynist, i'd be wouldn't I be anti female attorney general?
Speaker 1: Which I'm not.
Speaker 2: I just, for some reason don't think you should be super hot and stylish.
Speaker 1: And I don't know why. I don't even know what to do with that. It's hard. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I guess it makes maybe this is that this is definitely misogynistic. I find it hard to take her seriously because she's hot and stylish.
Speaker 3: There you go, Jar just exploded.
Speaker 1: Okay, right, yeah, this is disgusting. I tell you what.
Speaker 3: Among women well into their fifties, she is a honey holy cat. Anyway, well let's talk about her legal qualification.
Speaker 2: Now we're talking about Pete Hegsith. Oh sorry, who's a handsome bloke himself. Yeah, and then that's funny. See that's where it's misogyny, because he's as for a dude, as hot as you can get. And that didn't bother me, Right, I take him seriously, Katie, you got.
Speaker 3: To give him points for self diagnosis any yeah, right, yeah, okay, back to Pete Hegsith. Let's see whereas Oh, there it is, Okay, I wanted to make a couple of points. Mike Waltz just just mentioned that he wasn't a former general. This is from Pete's testimony, clipped number seventy.
Speaker 1: This is interesting.
Speaker 5: We won World War Two with seven four star generals. Today we have forty four for star generals. There's an inverse relationship between the size of staffs and victory on the battlefield.
Speaker 1: We don't need more.
Speaker 5: Bureaucracy at the top, we need more warfighters and powered at the bottom.
Speaker 1: That scratches me or right, h yeah?
Speaker 3: Absolutely. This is viewed by some as the definitive statement he made. The clip that will be played for ages seventy two, Michael.
Speaker 1: President Trump also told me.
Speaker 5: We've repeatedly placed people atop the Pentagon with supposedly the right credentials, he believes, and I humbly agree that it's time to give someone with dust on his boots the helm.
Speaker 3: Like the spirit of that. And again, if it doesn't work out, it will be fine. If it does work out, we'll be much stronger for it. Let's go ahead and tip our cap to the criticism he took, the hard questioning he took from several of the congress people or I'm sorry, senators, including senatorettes, some of the the woman senators, but were pressed for time, so to to save that time, this is a montage of Elizabeth Warren, Kirsten gillibrand uh, some other gal whose name I don't recognize in Tammy Duckworth all yelling at Hexath at the same time, Clip number sixty six.
Speaker 1: Michael, it's.
Speaker 2: Right, that's enough of that before everybody goes completely insane. I wanted to this drove me crazy yes days watch the CBS Evening News and their tone on the Hexath hearing was just so clearly this is a very questionable choice. And uh and man, he really was up against it today, which is not the way most fair commentators took it. And he's gone to get confirmed. So interestingly, it set that tone on CBS. But here's part of the CBS Evening News report.
Speaker 7: The former Army major was quickly bombarded by rapid fire grilled about his views of women serving in combat. The Xbox News host was also pressed about accusations of sexual assault at a Monterey, California hotel in twenty seventeen. Heg Seth underwent an FBI background check, but Democrats claimed it did not include interviews with.
Speaker 1: Heg Seth's accuser or ex wives.
Speaker 7: The Trump team is pleased with Hegseeth's performance, with one advisor telling CBS News it sets the tone for the rest of their nominees.
Speaker 2: Democrats claim that the FBI background check wasn't thorough. That's what you went with CBS News, was it or wasn't it? They get to claim and you just put that on as the news. You don't do that when Republicans claim crap. And what was it with that gal?
Speaker 3: Why was she so obviously trying to force her voice lower and speak in an inflection that no normal human Beings speaks it.
Speaker 2: I'm glad this story never really democrats alleged scandal.
Speaker 1: Nobody talks like that.
Speaker 2: I mentioned this yesterday and you wouldn't know it unless you watch Msnbcerior some left wing media.
Speaker 1: But that was their narrative all day long, the phony FBI.
Speaker 2: Background check based on an anonymous source in the New York Times. Luckily it didn't grab hold and it didn't seem to like make normal.
Speaker 1: News for the most part.
Speaker 2: But what is that kind of a news story? Democrats claim? Well, they can claim whatever they help they want, is it real or not? If you don't have any way to substantiate that it's true, leave it out of your freaking news story.
Speaker 1: I know they're absolutely shameless.
Speaker 3: So one of the allegations was that on one or two occasions, like at evening functions, mister Hegseith had been drinking. Mark Wayne Mullen's brilliant response to that after word from our friends at Prize Picks playoff time now in the foots ball very exciting, great performances, and Prize Picks is the best place to win cash.
Speaker 1: Well watch the playoffs.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised that that Bills Ravens game is basically a toss up.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the more or less is on the various stats on that. Anyway, you should download the Prize Picks app Get Involved today. If you sign up today, you get fifty dollars instantly. When you play five bucks. You don't even need to win to receive the fifty dollars bonus.
Speaker 1: It is guaranteed.
Speaker 3: Lamar Jackson's one of the great players to ever don the spikes. He's just a one man offense. Anyway, Moving along, so Price Picks is so easy.
Speaker 2: You just pick more or less on a player projection at least two players and watch the winnings.
Speaker 1: Roll in. Get the Prize Picks app. Use the code Armstrong.
Speaker 3: You get fifty dollars instantly if you play a five dollars lineup. That's right, you just play a five dollars lineup to give you fifty dollars instantly into your account. You don't need to win, it's automatic. Use that code Armstrong again the Prize Picks app. The coat is Armstrong. Prize Picks were on your game. So I admired Mark Wayne Mullen. I thought he was an interesting and good dude. He was a guy who built a plumbing contractor's business in Oklahoma.
Speaker 1: He was a mixed martial art fighter.
Speaker 3: He's a father and a husband and a normal human being, and he's I hope he lives to a ripe old agent is.
Speaker 1: A force in the Senate for a long time. But some of the uh, you know, I wish we don't really have time for the whole sequence.
Speaker 3: Mark Kelly went big on these instances of drunkenness?
Speaker 2: Are they tru or falls? And hexaths went with us. These are anonymous smears. Why am I even answering these questions? Which is a good question in itself. Senator Mark Wayne Mullen got his chance up clip number seventy six.
Speaker 4: Senator Kane or I guess I better use the senator for Virginia starts bringing up the fact that what if you showed up.
Speaker 1: Drunk to your job?
Speaker 4: How many Senators have showed up drunk to vote at night? Have any of you guys asked him to step down and resign for their job? And don't tell me you haven't seen it, because I know you have. And then how many senators do you no have got a divorce before cheating on their wives? Did you ask them to step down. No, but it's for show. You guys, make sure you make a big show and point out the hypocrisy because a man's made a mistake and you want to sit there and say that he's not qualified.
Speaker 1: Give me a joke.
Speaker 4: It is so ridiculous that you guys hold yourself as this higher standard. Do you forget you got a big plank in your eye?
Speaker 3: Yeah, to quote the Bible, And then you got Senator Blumenthal, king of stolen valor, grilling an actual combat veteran on his character.
Speaker 1: It was too much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why doesn't it happen more often that people point out things like like he just did there? You gotta tell me you guys don't show up drunk the vote sometimes. How many friends of yours cheated on their wives? Give me a break? Is it because it's the Quaubman, you're not supposed to say that about your fellow senators?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely. That's why nobody hammer's Blumenthal. They figure he's already gotten outed and humiliated over it. But it would have been tough for me to take watching that yesterday without saying that.
Speaker 2: I assume if Pete Hegseeth shows up drunk at the Pentagon. It will make the news and become you know, it will be a self correcting problem.
Speaker 3: Well right, and the idea that no human being has any agency or ability to change. If I am like the night clerk at an all night car.
Speaker 1: Wash, I might come in with a buzzer twenty years later.
Speaker 2: Twenty years later, when I've straightened up and I've got my own car washing company and I'm at the meeting with the accountants, I'm probably gonna be sober. I like somebody who's grilling him on did you or did you not take your staff to a strip club when you blah blah blah, and like really, so none of these people in government they are ever going to script clubs or anything like that.
Speaker 1: Who are you trying to kid?
Speaker 2: I mean, that's hilarious. We've got k these headlines on the way and a bunch of other stuff.
Speaker 1: Stay here, strong and getty. Oh, you're going to talk about, uh.
Speaker 2: What it costs to be a Trump's inauguration on the three richest top three richest men in the world are going to be there sitting together, which is kind of interesting. Maybe we'll talk about that an hour or two. If I raise a million dollars.
Speaker 3: I'm calling saying I would like to sit at table four please, and I will get a you're joking, right, million dollars might not get you in the door. More on that to come. Let's get the headlines now, who's reporting what?
Speaker 1: It's the lead story with Katie Green? Katie starting with kt LA.
Speaker 8: Increasing winds bring extreme fire danger to southern California Wednesday.
Speaker 1: How Wendy's is supposed to be? You know, they're still in the red flag warning.
Speaker 8: They've been seeing fifty fifty to eighty wow, miles power.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the gusts, Yeah, yeah, it's still plenty dangerous.
Speaker 8: From Katie Grimes at the cow Globe. Will California's wildfire failures usher in a common sense political era?
Speaker 1: God one hopes from Breitbart dot com. Trump did more to free.
Speaker 8: Hostages and reach a ceasefire agreement than Biden.
Speaker 1: Did all year. Well, there's a couple of reasons for that.
Speaker 2: I think I think Hamas leadership believes that Trump would let be be neet Yahoo do what he's got to do because it's true and they knew that Biden Harris, specifically when Harris was running for president. Every time Israel did anything they got a scolding from the presidential candidate.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna do for a ceasefire. Exactly.
Speaker 3: To whatever extent Israel's had success made progress, it has been in spite of Biden, not with his health.
Speaker 8: From a Wall Street Journal, Zuckerberg debuts quote real Mark in push to wu Trump.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I saw that He's trying to make the point. Look, this is the real me. I compete in jiu jitsu. I'm a real guy. I'm in favor of free speech. This is the real Mark. I wear T shirts, I have.
Speaker 2: Long hair, i wear million dollar watches. I'm a regular guy.
Speaker 1: From the Washington Post.
Speaker 8: Surge in Americans getting sterilizations due to abortion laws.
Speaker 2: Oh, for goodness, men are women? Are both? How do you get a sterilization?
Speaker 1: What do I do to you? Your tubes tied? In the cases?
Speaker 3: What they mean best secony in the case of women. Okay, they call that a sterilization.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, a strong term, but it's accurate. I saw a congresswoman I think it was, saying the other day, the day Row versus Wade was overturned was the darkest day in American history. It's resulted in more abortions, You numb skull, what do you talk?
Speaker 1: Well, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: The truths and politics occasionally brush up against each other while passing, but they're not regular companions.
Speaker 8: From Radar Online, Leonardo DiCaprio branded a hypocrite after escaping La wildfires on a private jet despite his climate warrior image.
Speaker 1: Wow what fine? Oh my god? So what is he supposed to do? He was supposed to go to uh Burbank Airport and get on Southwest. It's let's take the butt. Hope he's an A or B so you can get a decent seats. Well, they're all phonies and hipochris. I don't need more evidence.
Speaker 8: From the New York Post, disgruntled customer begging door Dash and Instacart to allow an option for female shoppers after male employee gets eighty percent of her order.
Speaker 1: Wrong. Wow, you really enjoyed that one? I did. I did a lot.
Speaker 8: And finally the Babylon be Biden comforts fire victims by telling them about how he once ordered a steak medium but it was served to him.
Speaker 1: Well done. Oh wow, I just came across this. This is a good one.
Speaker 2: Megan Kelly blames DEI obsessed fire department leaders for cent unfit obese Lesbians into Wildfires.
Speaker 1: Megan does not have much of a filter these days.
Speaker 2: FT obese lesbians well, wow uols, no uols showing up to fight your fire. More news of the day and commentary and whatever it is that we do, coming up an hour or two. If you miss it, get the podcast Armstrong and Getdy on demand
Speaker 7: Armstrong and Getty