Speaker 1: Second date update. We've got a listener named Mandy on the phone right now for a second date update. And I have to say, Mandy, you instantly peaked my interest with three words you wrote in your email, champagne and shackles.
Speaker 2: That sounds night.
Speaker 1: I saw that, and I said stop, delete all the other requests for second dates. We must speak to this woman because normally we hear about people meeting up at bars and restaurants for dates. But champagne and shackles.
Speaker 3: Why do I think the local county jail no one else? I don't know. You can bring it in. You can smuggle anything in that place.
Speaker 1: I didn't even need to take my black market pills after I read that. So Mandy, thank you for reaching out. You can smuggle those into prison too many. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, can get.
Speaker 2: Jeff to not take his bills as worthy of our time?
Speaker 3: That's right, you already sound like a firecracker.
Speaker 1: I've got my pen and my paper ready, Mandy, So tell us exactly how does champagne and shackles work?
Speaker 4: Okay, so, really a champagne and shackles party, it's a partly Yeah, it's a party and it's like a college thing.
Speaker 5: It's fifth and cuffs, Yes, fifth and cuffs.
Speaker 4: You want another You and another person get tied together and we're both holding a Magnum bottle of champagne.
Speaker 5: Magnum bottle must be going to a private college, because there was.
Speaker 3: My poor is by the Magnum champagne.
Speaker 2: You're chugging Carl ROSSI.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so, yeah, your hands are tied together, okay, and you can't untie until the two of you finish it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you finish the drink.
Speaker 3: Here's my question.
Speaker 5: Do you get to choose who you're tied to or is it randomly selected?
Speaker 2: Does it?
Speaker 4: Everyone that single that goes has to find a hinge date to shackle up with.
Speaker 5: Oh, so you're bringing a beau called it's a date that that would.
Speaker 2: Sound so fun. If a girl invited me to this, I'd be like, oh yeah.
Speaker 5: But if a girl ask a guy to put on handcuffs, yeah, probably most of the women did the inviting.
Speaker 1: So that's what you did.
Speaker 4: Yes, I went online and I did some scrolling, and so I met this guy named Jack.
Speaker 3: Okay, and why did you pick him?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: I told him about the idea, and right away he was in cool, well a.
Speaker 1: Little shady, didn't ask any questions.
Speaker 3: Just right away.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's you know, he probably brought his own shackles to the party.
Speaker 3: He was like, I guess, did you meet him for the first time when you guys arrived to the party.
Speaker 4: Yes, we met outside and then it was like sixty to seventy percent couples that had Hinge dates.
Speaker 1: Oh that's the majority of the party.
Speaker 3: That's a risk. Can you imagine seeing the person in real life for the first time?
Speaker 5: I going, oh my god, I have to be tied to you for three hours or however, I well, that's.
Speaker 1: When the champagne comes in hand.
Speaker 3: Will you just start chugging?
Speaker 1: I guess, so you and Jack got your hands bound together with a giant magnum bottle of champagne. How did that go?
Speaker 4: It was actually really fun. You start to figure out how to navigate things and like how to move together.
Speaker 3: Did the novelty of it ever wear off?
Speaker 4: Like no, I would say, like we were really kind of just trying to get around that big obstacle, which is you're trying to finish this bottle before one of you asked to use the restroom.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing. Unfortunately I lost that battle.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, you I had to go so badly.
Speaker 4: I just I like, I kept putting it off and putting it off. But since you're tied together, Jack had to come with me, and it was just like beyond. I was trying not to make any noise.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, dude, but that first pe when you have to go so bad as so loud?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and I was a little tipsy.
Speaker 1: We don't need the commentary. I think the sound describe the pay well.
Speaker 3: I know what it sounds like, you.
Speaker 4: Know what, I mortified, like rethinking the details.
Speaker 3: At least he's not sober though too.
Speaker 2: You're both in an embarrassing situation, so he can relate.
Speaker 1: Well, what what was his mood or tone while that was all going on.
Speaker 4: I mean, he honestly was a perfect gentleman.
Speaker 3: That's that's a good answer.
Speaker 2: He sounds like a great yeah what happened?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and like even a whole Rushian part, like it was funny in the moment, but like, I don't know, I thought that might be hard to come back.
Speaker 1: From, ye, because it's because it's one thing to do this as like a college party. It's another thing to do it when this is supposed to be like kind of a romantic first date. Romantic at least, you're trying to make like a good first impression on somebody, and that' kind of tough to do with half of your clothes off.
Speaker 5: I don't know about that time that I mean in that in that situation, you know what I mean, Let's finish up with the bathroom part.
Speaker 1: What happened after?
Speaker 4: Okay, So we do end up going back into the party, and at that point he was able to finish the bottle.
Speaker 1: Okay, did he like chug it immediately after the bathroom incident? Was like we need to get in.
Speaker 4: We ended up splitting off for a bit, and then towards the end I caught him and like he had to go, and I thanked him. And there have not been a second date, and like I thought he was really cool and I'd love to redo it as a normal date, like in a chamber setting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, did you see him talking to anybody else after he split off?
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm just thinking there's so many hinge singles.
Speaker 7: There, right right?
Speaker 4: Not really just he was just getting along, just enjoying the party and the bike.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, we can.
Speaker 2: Get you guys an olive garden or something.
Speaker 1: I mean, the good news is, like the goal of any first date is to build camaraderie and connection and have memorable moments. You definitely have those from your first hang out.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, if you said who after.
Speaker 1: Oh no, we'll find out. We're about to give him a call and we'll try and get your Champagne and shackle second date up there. Right after this second date update, when you hear about a first date where Champagne was involved, and then a few restraints are added in Suddenly you end up in a bathroom alone with this person. I'm thinking Fifty Shades of Gray Part four, Oh is back and added.
Speaker 3: Again, Wait there was a part three?
Speaker 1: And yeah, yeah there was three movies immediately.
Speaker 5: The thing is you watch them together, one hundred and fifty of Gray by the time you.
Speaker 1: Get to that, Yeah, it wasn't that though. It turns out in this case it was just a Champagne and Shackles party. Yeah, where our listener Mandy was bound together with a guy that she meant on hinge named Jack. And again, if you're just tuning in, those things work like this, you and your date have to finish off an entire bottle of champagne before you can unlock from each other.
Speaker 3: And I think it was a magnum bottle, like a big boy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, in this case, I mean it's a headache the next day.
Speaker 1: The idea is college esque for sure, and alexis, do you miss those college parties hearing this back? Or do you just not remember not to.
Speaker 3: Go host on this weekend? I'm so inspired.
Speaker 1: The weird part of the night that happened, though, was when Mandy had to use the restroom before they were able to finish their champagne, so Jack had to tag along for that ride. They got through it, but might not be the best first impression for a first date.
Speaker 5: Because he chugged the rest of the bottle right afterwards and then ditched her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mandy, is that a good description of what happened?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 5: I mean the thing is is like, you want to do a regular date with this guy, right, Like the first one was fun and exciting, and now you got to see if there's like truly a connection totally.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess we'll just see what he has to say.
Speaker 3: And he's not strapped to another woman when we call him.
Speaker 1: Oh, that would be who's going to answer the phone in that case.
Speaker 2: If we hear a stream hang up right away?
Speaker 1: Okay, but I'm going to dial Jack for you right now. Here we go, Hello, Hey is this Jack?
Speaker 8: Yeah? This is Jack.
Speaker 1: This is a radio show. We're called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 8: Hey Jack O Hello.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, this doesn't happen every day, we get.
Speaker 1: It feels good to be on the radio in front of a lot of people, doesn't it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that sounds like a lot of people over there.
Speaker 1: Going on as we're doing a segment here called a second Date Update, where we're trying to help out one of our listeners that you met up with not too long ago. You went to a champagne and shackles party with a woman named Mandy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the cup and date. Yeah, I remember that right.
Speaker 5: What did you think when she hit you up on hinge and asked you to go to this?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Honestly, it kind of gave me flashbacks when I was in a locked up the present. I'm just choking. Guys.
Speaker 9: Okay, we're on radio.
Speaker 1: You know it turned on for this. Okay, well that we appreciate that. But on a more serious note, We are trying to help Mandy figure out if there's gonna be a second date between the two of you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what did you think of her?
Speaker 8: Uh? Mandy's a nice girl?
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, we spoke to her and we got that impression.
Speaker 3: No woman wants to be called nice. No, nobody likes that. Just that nothing else. I mean when you first sorry, were you attracted to her?
Speaker 8: She's pretty?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is there a reason that you're not speaking to her anymore?
Speaker 8: She's a she's little bit different than some of the other girls I've gone out work before.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's usually a good thing if you're single, right, Like it means the other ones didn't work out.
Speaker 7: Sure, Yeah, but.
Speaker 8: We had a bathroom incident.
Speaker 5: Oh you can talk about that, because she actually already told us about the bathroom.
Speaker 3: It's not yea. She said you were like a perfect gentleman.
Speaker 8: Oh really? Okay? Why she well, part and were tied together, and she says she wants to.
Speaker 6: Go into the bathroom with me, right, And I'm like, oh.
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah, going to the bathroom with you? Oh yeah, yeah. We go into the bathroom and I'm about to kiss her, honestly.
Speaker 5: No, no, oh my god, you didn't know that she actually had to go to.
Speaker 8: She turns the light on and says, can I turn around because she's going to use the bathroom?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you thought she was trying to create a little private, romantic moment for you that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I had no idea. I was pulled my shirt up, you know. I thought it was a moment.
Speaker 1: You could go, really go for it.
Speaker 5: Wow, So you were like the disappointment that what you expected didn't turn out to be is why you're not calling her back?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: No, not at all, not at all.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's good.
Speaker 1: What was it.
Speaker 8: Well, she uses the bathroom through and I'm just like ready to go back out there. She says, no, hold on, I want to touch my makeup.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, So she did that for for a while.
Speaker 2: Oh so you're standing there in the bathroom.
Speaker 3: Why is that that?
Speaker 1: How long is a while?
Speaker 8: I'm not timing the girl, but could have been anywhere from seventeen to twenty minute?
Speaker 2: Thomas, Well, seventeen, Oh.
Speaker 5: My god, So you two were in the bathroom for a very long time.
Speaker 8: It was some time. Yeah, and I tried to break up the time I was added a little small talk. So she was really really into her work and doing her makeup.
Speaker 3: Okay, you said you said she was attractive. I mean, I'm sorry. It takes a lot of work to be attractive.
Speaker 8: As I noticed, it.
Speaker 6: Took a lot of work. Yeah, you're right, that's what I was.
Speaker 1: Well, I would be careful with the things that you say there, Jack, because you should probably know at this point that Mandy's on the other line listening to this. Oh oh yeah, she wants to talk to you.
Speaker 4: Okay, I mean, Jack, I can't even believe this, Like you're gonna be judging me for putting on too much makeup.
Speaker 8: I didn't say too much.
Speaker 3: Seriously, Oh that was a hole.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 6: Here the line period?
Speaker 1: Long time period?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 2: Was it long though?
Speaker 4: Or were we just tisy, like, come on, we're enjoying herself.
Speaker 8: Whatever.
Speaker 2: Could have been five minutes and you just thought it was a no.
Speaker 8: No, it was like twenty minutes.
Speaker 4: I thought we were having a good time. I'm not even really paying attention to any of that, just enjoying her attention.
Speaker 1: Yeah okay, but Jack, listen, you have to consider the circumstances that you guys were in. She doesn't have both of her hands to apply the makeup with so right there seventeen minutes. You got to cut that in half. When you add the second hand.
Speaker 5: On your right hand to your left hand, that was a musical if you were having to use your wrong hand.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was not my dominant hand.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, So she's using her weak one hand to apply makeup. Plus she's tipsy, So maybe Jack, do you think you're being a little bit judgy about that part of it?
Speaker 2: If anything, you should have helped her, bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, helped her put her mascaro.
Speaker 7: Well, I, like I said, I tried to talk a little bit, a little small talk, but she didn't seem to want any small talks because she was so focused then on her job.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you're feeling ignored. I mean that's really.
Speaker 6: What it comes to, for sure.
Speaker 1: Did you feel that same way with your cellmate in prison when starving Champagne?
Speaker 8: Actually know they were a lot more touchy, feeling.
Speaker 1: Very attentive.
Speaker 5: I really really think you should give her another chance, because you two you sound funny together.
Speaker 3: You know, it's just a weird first thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, had a.
Speaker 1: Moment, and we're going to offer to send you guys out a second time on a date that we would pay for a normal date, right, it could be normal or if you want to do zip ties and Zeena, okay, that's your college days, blindfolds, whatever you want with myself.
Speaker 5: Why's yeah?
Speaker 1: So Mandy you say yes? Still?
Speaker 4: I mean I've still had a really good time. I guess these things I didn't remember because I was tipsy. But like, if you're down, I'd really like to see if there is something.
Speaker 1: Okay, Jack, that's cute balls in your court.
Speaker 8: Come on, Jack, the alcohol could have ben play. I agree.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, alright, yes, okay, Well, congratulations you two.
Speaker 1: We're gonna hop on Amazon, get some zip ties ready and uh you guys have a great time.
Speaker 8: Jack.
Speaker 1: Are you happy now?
Speaker 8: I'm really happy.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I think it'd be a great go with Mandy. Well, hopefully it'd be different.
Speaker 1: Than Yeah, Jeffrey in the morning. That was a successful second date update in more ways than one, because now there's a couple texts that we're getting asking if Brooke and Jeffrey would sponsor a Champagne and Shackles night for them.
Speaker 3: That would be so fun.
Speaker 5: Ye, Champagne and shackle Wait, I don't know what kind of waivers we'd have to get for people to sign.
Speaker 3: It's more of a friend thing. I think.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe there's another one from a seventy eight year old woman at a retirement home asking for a champagne and shingles night. That would be better.
Speaker 3: I would recommend the shingles vaccine. Yeah, that would that's whe you should go with.
Speaker 1: It takes the fun out of it.
Speaker 3: It's a little more painful.
Speaker 1: Jeff it'll be interesting to get another update from this couple. Jack did fold pretty quickly once he found out that she was waiting on the phone to talk to him.
Speaker 3: Well, that is like how I would be, you know, like if they heard me or shoot.
Speaker 1: Some people really care about looking good on the radio. They don't want to come across looking bad. But I don't give a crap.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so there you go.
Speaker 1: I'll say anything, all right, whatever it takes to get you a second date. Right, No, No, we'll do whatever. Just email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back.
Speaker 3: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning,