Speaker 1: Two Teas in a Pod with Teddy Mellencamp and camera jeedge.
Speaker 2: I, guys, welcome to another episode of Two Teas in a Pod. But it's myself and.
Speaker 3: Alexia.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 3: Hi, how are you a podcast with me?
Speaker 2: You know it's all right.
Speaker 3: I know I'm not camera. Like I've always said, I have like big shoes to fill, but it's it's a lot of fun. I'm really enjoying watching the show and talking to you about it.
Speaker 2: I agree, and we I feel like each week it's getting juicier. I feel like last week we had a little bit of a filler episode, and then this week it starts become a good one.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I have.
Speaker 2: Some theories that I want to debunk a little bit once we get a to that, but before we have some housewife headlines we need to dig into. Okay, this first one, Vicky Gumfilson sued by seventy four year old woman for financial elder abuse. In this in Touch exclusive, it says, according to documents obtained by in Touch, Vicky sixty two, I love how they always put our ages.
Speaker 3: I hate that, by the way, like I don't actually that's so important, right.
Speaker 2: But also like I don't need Peloton to put my age either, Like I don't need to know that. I'm like riding my bike and somebody of a certain age is beating me. Like I don't need to know your age, Like your name is enough. I agree, But she was sued by a woman named Diane Field. Also listed as a defendant in the lawsuit is Vicky's company, Codo Insurance and Financial Services. Diane accused Vicky and her partner Alie of financial elder abuse, claiming they had her Interer inter harmful deals. She said Ali convinced her to transfer funds and stocks to an outside firm managed under Ali at Fidelity Investments, had her take out life insurance policy without telling her it cost three hundred thousand dollars a year.
Speaker 3: That's expensive, it is, that's a lot. That's a lot for life insurance. I mean, I don't even know what the limits are. I think it did say a limit. I think there was a three million dollar policy. So it is very very pricey.
Speaker 2: But I mean, how do you just get surprised with a three hundred thousand dollar bill. I was annoyed today because I had to log onto this new website and pay twenty four dollars, so three hundred thousand, and then Diane said.
Speaker 3: What are you getting for that? Right? Because I mean it's so much money. I don't know if it had like a cash value. And some of these life insurance policies have a cash value, which means that it's like accumulating. The money's there and it's accumulating more money, and you can at some time cash out.
Speaker 2: But this woman's seventy four years old. When is she going to cashaw?
Speaker 3: I agree, and I think this is her main concern, right, she wanted this money for her children.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so she said. Diane said it in reliance of Vicky's fraudulent sales taxics and her promises that this anunuity would help lower her income taxes. She transformed money into the Aliens two to two indexed and unuity, she said. In December twenty twenty two, she told Vicki and Ali she was concerned about their investment recommendations over the years, explaining that she felt uninformed by them and that the annuities and life insurance policy they convinced her to open did not seem to be the best investments for her, as they tie up large sums of money for a long time that she may never be able to use for maybe longer than she will live or be too old to enjoy. The lawsuit demanded unspecified damages for the defendant's alleged contact. Back in twenty eighteen, Vicki was sued by an eighty two year old woman named Joan Lyle for fraud over life insurance pol she was sold. The suit was dismissed months later. So of course we don't know. We're not lawyers, we don't know what happened here. People like to sue. There could be truth to this, or there's this could be not but nobody in their businesses want to be sued, especially publicly, and especially when it comes to elder abuse like was Jinshaw was elder abuse as well, right.
Speaker 3: Of course, and this did make me think of that obviously because it brought me back to what jen was doing, which was different. But it also involves elderly people, so it always makes it more more sensitive, right, And you're more sensitive to these kind of things when you're dealing with, you know, elderly people that are confiding in you. But is Vickie a financial advisor? I mean I think she was just selling insurance.
Speaker 2: That's what I was confused about, because like I have, Yes, I have somebody I went to try to get life insurance. Granted I was rejected because of all my skin cancer stuff and I waited too long to get it, But that is a completely different person than I have.
Speaker 4: For your finance, my finances, Like I have somebody over at you know, whatever it is, Bear Stearns or blah blah blah, forget Morgan and Stanley, whatever company it is that that's now morphed into that, right.
Speaker 3: I agree same, I feel exactly the same way. So I'm very confused. How you know this woman just really confided and big PI for all of this advice that apparently she wasn't able to to give it properly, you know, to advise her properly. I mean, that's what I'm thinking. First of it's a lot of information. I mean, the article was so long and it had so much information in it that you would just have to like go step by step. And like you said, we're not attorneys, you know, we're not in this business, so we don't know how much truth to it there is or isn't. It's allegations for now, I mean, she is being sued.
Speaker 2: But also I think this goes to show and this happens a lot in the housewife world we're seeing. And I'm not accusing this person just allegedly.
Speaker 3: I know what you're going to say.
Speaker 2: This Alli at Fidelity Investments is probably some sort of partner of her. She probably has not much to do with whatever it is that he does, but they work together. But that's the problem, especially when you're in the public eye, you join forces with somebody else, and we see this all the time, to that person, fox over somebody and then your health.
Speaker 3: You're the one your headline, right, yeah, I know, and the headline is that, you know, it's like the Real Housewives. You know, that's why this is picking up traction because of who she is, and she's a public person, and you know a lot of people feel that, you know, it's just easier to go after someone when they're public, and you know, maybe you know, they just want to like shut everything down and they'll come to some you know, kind of mediation or agreement. But you know, we'll just have to give it time, right to see, because the other person that did to her apparently it was discharged or you know, nothing.
Speaker 2: I was dismissed, but I don't think back in two thousand and eight, Ali was a part of it. So I think, I don't know. I think we might need to do a little deep dive into Ali and what that business is and is that tied to her insurance company or is that somebody she just refers or you know what I mean, like how.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean it just came out. Maybe in the next couple of days, you know, Vicky will release a statement, you know, stating her defense or her part.
Speaker 2: I don't think she's going to release anything. I think that, especially when our lawsuits involved, you have to kind of keep quiet, which I think for somebody like Vicky is extremely difficult, especially if she feels like she is in the right. It's going to be hard for to be quiet, especially now that she has a podcast where she can openly speak. So hopefully for her sake, Hopefully for her sake she stays quiet and let's play out and that you know what we're reading isn't actually true. I mean, regardless of how I feel about Vicky, you never want to believe the worst in someone. In that regard, I agree. What about this next one? Peacock sets Real Housewives dating show spin off with Luanne de Leceps, Giselle Bryant, Shannon Storms, Thedoor, Ashley Darby Peacock is giving Real Housewife fans something they're sure to love. The streaming network has set a new dating reality series which will gather eligible singles in a quest to win the hearts of four of Bravo's Biggest Bachelor. This actually makes me laugh. And then filming will take place in September and Cabo sam Lucas, where the woman will be offered a diverse dating pool. The show is expected to air sometime next year. The one Okay, My main thought is okay, I'm watching Too Hot to Handle I recap it with Emily Simpson. I watch Love Island, I watch The Bachelor, Like if it's a dating show I want. But when you look at these women we're discussing right now, they are so different.
Speaker 3: They are to me, this is well. First of time, I'm super excited that they are going to have a show like this because I feel like that's what the audience wants to see. You know, everybody loves to see love, you know, and finding love and relationships and you know dating. So I feel like it's going to get like a lot of attention and people are going to love this. But I was a little bit confused about the choice of women, right, and not only because I feel like the biggest thing for me is that Ashley Darby's in it, and she's thirty nine and the rest of the girls are like, you know, in their fifties, so there's like a twenty year age gap, and she's so legally married. So right, she's legally married. I mean, yes, granted they're separated, but I mean whatever, bachelor's there, you know, ye man, I feel comfortable with her situation, and I don't know, I just found it like kind of weird. I'm excited Gazelle because I know Gizelle is very private and she's never really shared to watch on TV about her personal life. I happen to be friends with her and we'll on you know, to my Girls trip together, and I did get to know her personally, and she's like, I love her, and it's going to be interesting to see her out of her comfort zone because I know this is for sure not like she's not going to feel comfortable with him, but maybe we see a ug of Zelle, right, like a new side to her. Well.
Speaker 2: Also just imagine like first dates are awkward in general, but like first dates.
Speaker 3: On camera right on nationally right that like.
Speaker 2: First dates with a complete stranger. But my only other concern is on any other dating show you have complete you know, people coming from you know, obscurity, Like they're coming from all over the country, nobody's known. All of a sudden, now we have known people, we have men vying to win them over. Like, does this mean all the men are going to be starfuckers?
Speaker 3: Could be? Right? And how can you invent gate that? Right? We already have that on TV on these shows already, right, Like the guys start dating these women can potentially be that or want that, So it's going to be interesting. Like it didn't say anything about their bachelor so I don't know how that bachelor pool is going to be you know, figured out. And also it kind of reminded me of like the Millionaire Matchmaker, Oh, which right, so it was like you know, celebrities and just like regular civilian guys or whatever the other way around, And it's like, are these what are their intentions? Is it because the guys want to date somebody famous and be on TV and have that platform, or is it because they're really, you know, just looking to date someone and have fun or fall in love.
Speaker 2: But the other thing is that we're not really discussing which millionaire matchmaker or any of those other types is these women they all live except for Giselle and Ashley, they all live in different locations. So the biggest thing I think is hard for a relationship to be sustainable is a long distance relationship, especially if you've got busy women on television shows. Right, So, like, when this is all over, how is love going to be sustained? These men are going to move to where they are.
Speaker 3: It's not it's not gonna be We already know the conclusion. It's not happening. It's just gonna be fun to watch. We're gonna laugh ause new end. It's very entertaining. And and she loves to date, you know, I think she's gonna be great on the show. And and you know, Shannon is like a new stage in her life, you know, so we might be surprised, you know by her too.
Speaker 2: And yeah, of these four girls, who would you date?
Speaker 3: I date? Okay, so I'm not into girls, but if I already date one of them. I don't know. I think it would be probably Gizelle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too, I know Gizelle. I think Gizelle would be my pick. Like I always, I get that vibe.
Speaker 3: We have the same taste in women's teddy.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, let's fight it out right now.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. This next one, Alexis Bellino and Johnny j do Carlos King's podcast, Reality with the King. Of course, I love Carlos King, but I'm going to break down. I'm going to read through exactly the things that they said, and then we'll talk about it after the majority of people don't know that John didn't want to film with Shannon, but she wouldn't have survived if she didn't have the job. He's hurt financially and emotionally due to Shannon's lies about him. Bravo isn't at fault for this, and the cast doesn't like him only because they believe drunk Shannon. Okay, just keep moving on. Carlos asked that what it was like dating Shannon. John responds, I just challenge people to think what it might be like dating Shannon. Being with Shannon was like failing all day every day. Alexis says she started filming three months after the death of her mom and her breakup with her fiance, which is why she was so emotional. John is not a fame horror because John offered to pay Alexis the same amount of money as Real Housewives of Orange County if she didn't do the show. John only does red carpets with her because she asks him, and John regularly denies the interview request. It will be shown probusely throughout the season that Shannon's words have no merit. Alexis says Shannon is a liar and again alludes to that being exposed later on in the season. How does he love bamb you if he's broke and doesn't give you anything? Huh and you're paying for everything? How does that make sense? Nothing makes sense. You'll see more of Shannon's erratic and emotional roller coaster as the season progresses. Real Housewives of Orange County has true friendships, and so does Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.
Speaker 3: But the other inside is Miami. By the way, I I was like, what about that?
Speaker 2: And she goes but Themi but the other franchises don't, which is why they're not as good as Real House plays Orange County, I'm like, I actually beg to differ. Alexis adores Ryan and Jen and she says he's a stand up man for taking in Gin and her kids. She doesn't want to speak on his legal drama. Okay, it's okay for someone who doesn't want any attention and doesn't want to be talked about and would be willing to pay his significant other what she would make salary, yeah, or her friend of self first.
Speaker 3: So I already have a problem with that because you have money to pay your significant other not to be part of the show, but you don't want to pay for your ex girlfriend's facelifts and you're actually suing her. So I'm just not okay with that.
Speaker 2: But what I begin with the issue with is like, if Alexis wants to do the show, let's say it has nothing to do with him, I would be so freaking pissed at my boyfriend or husband or whatever it was if he was like, I'll pay you not to do it, Oh, why so you can control me?
Speaker 3: Of course, there's a sign of a narcissisist and of a control freak. Yeah, Like, I don't like that. And by the way, Alexis's storyline is John.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, it would be one thing if Alexis came on and maybe this is going to shift. And I'm not saying that we had a lot of fun with Alexis when we hung out with her, I did not see the side that we're seeing throughout this season so far. But I agree it feels like they're just trying so hard to stick it to Shannon when really, yeah, do I think Shannon's perfect?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Do I think that Shannon and Johnny Jay's relationship was toxic? Absolutely? Do I think Shannon was at fault for a massive amount of it, for sure, But that doesn't mean that you don't need to tread lightly if you're going to start a relationship with somebody's ex and enter her television show with them.
Speaker 3: I just I agree with what you're saying. And she knew what she was getting herself into, Like you know, she knew who he was and he knew who she was, and she came. She's come in strongest season to just make Shannon feel uncomfortable and just to like stick it in her face, and all she talks about whenever she is on TV is about John and her.
Speaker 2: And sex and the gym and this and that and how great he is and how wonderfully is it? Like I want to learn more about her. I'm happy to hear about her, you know, past breakup with her fiance, where her lives changed, her kids, her family, her life, her friends were like anything.
Speaker 3: Well, she has a friend row for now, and maybe that's why she's just you know, participating in a smaller capacity, had less time. And where was she at Where was she at the Coyote Ugly Dancing Night? No, she wasn't this episode. You don't see her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's why she must have gone on Carlos King so we could still talk about her. So here we are.
Speaker 3: Okay, congratulations exactly right. And then as far as like she's saying, well, you know if John has like no money, how did he love moomb you? So love bombing is not only with material things, you know, love bombing? Yeah, I was like, okay, these you know, first of all, I have a problem with like all these women on the show that they miss you know, use all these terms, right. They love to say gas lighting and love bombing and narcissism and all these terms that are like overly used, but they really do exist, and it's a real thing. But love bombing isn't only with material things. Love bombing is most dangerous because it's their words and their actions and their lives. You know, they're like, you know, telling you, telling you how much they love you, and you know, they want to spend the rest of the life with you, and they want to take you here and they want to take you there. So it's not only material things, but it's like promising a lot of like empty promises.
Speaker 2: And telling you that they're going to make you feel this certain way and doing things that make you feel a way that somebody else hasn't made you feel. And being a friend of is her disadvantage because she doesn't get to show a personal storyline. But here's where I have an issue with that. So they're only showing her talking about John, Right, there is a lot of friend of that still get into the mix with the other women and talk about the drama within the show, not solely about themselves. Right, we have not seen that yet.
Speaker 3: So that I've seen the same thing. So and that's her disadvantage for sure, because she could have gone in there and started a friendship and a relationship with you know, a few of the other women because she knows them, and that's what we're all there for. You know, it's a show not only about you going in there and saying you know your story or what you want the audience to know over the other girls, but it's about opening up and being authentic and genuine and just you know, getting in there with the rest of the women and you know. Sure, she has a disadvantage.
Speaker 2: And I hope that we you know this throughout the season. I hope we see heislows. I hope we see a change in her. I hope we see her friendships bond. I hope we see a shift with Shannon. I hope all of these things happen. But all of this happening in the press before we see any change. It's just hard.
Speaker 3: No, this is gonna make it harder. I agree. I mean, John just doing this interview with Carlos King just kind of again, he's like feeling the fire. It's like, if you really don't want anybody to talk about you and you don't want to be part of this, then just step out like this is not your show, and compose her pictures and Shannon in the storyline, and he gave Shannon the storyline. I mean, this is what happened. This is what happened, and she's sharing it now, and you know, I think it would have been different if Alexis wouldn't have come in as a front. For sure, you know it wouldn't have been the same because obviously Shannon does have a relationship with the rest of the girls on the cast, and you know they treat her differently. You know, they're being empathetic, they're listening to her either calling her out when they need to call her out, but you know they're also her friends and you can tell.
Speaker 2: But I think she's about to hit the fan next week for Shannon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure. You know there's one episode like that then the next one comes back, so for sure.
Speaker 2: But the episode starts where Heather and Terry have a drink at their penthouse. Heather says she is in a good spot with everyone since Terry's stroke. She doesn't have time for drama. But the whole scene on the balcony, all I could think was, what if there's an earthquake.
Speaker 3: Like, well, you you're thinking that, you're so funny. I would never think that because we're in the balcony out here all the time, so we never have to worry about those things. I you know, hurricanes, but you know hurricane usually you know there's it's advice before, so we're aware of it. But so you were thinking that how scary, because like.
Speaker 2: It really was a big It was a little bit dicey there. But what I have realized is there's not been many I was kind of going through a history of trying to find out the relationship between Heather and Terry because they always seem pretty much on the same page. So they're like kind of well oiled machines with showing the relationship on camera, giving us.
Speaker 3: Enough they work well, I need to we need to learn from them. I was gonna say, to learn from Heather.
Speaker 2: She's a pro at that. But then Tamra, Emily, Gina, Jen, and Katie take a party bus to a bar. Tamar did not invite Shannon. Then we see Emily Piana Bush and she falls in it and kind of pulls Ham into the bush as she's doing it. I'm not gonna say it with Piana Bush, not.
Speaker 3: Like camera though, I feel like we've all done it on our show, Like the girls love to pee anywhere because the girl might.
Speaker 2: Didn't you guys peet a polo field? Am I getting?
Speaker 3: I feel like we peet everywhere, honestly, especially like Marisol, Like she always has to pee. You know. Obviously they try to go for the bathroom, but if there's no bathroom, they have no shame in just putting down their pants and peeing. But I did, like, I just need to wipe myself, so like if there's no paper, like, there's no way I'm doing it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I know I'm not a drip dry kind of gal, but I did understand having to make if you've never met somebody's husband or their kids and you have to make small talk within seconds to go pee, I probably would rather pee in a bush joo.
Speaker 3: No, I don't. I'd rather go in and say excuse me, But like I have to be so you know, I'll stay hello and goodbye at the same time. But I need to be. But I would have gone inside. But it's a funny moment. It was funny.
Speaker 2: It was funny. Do you think it was done for TV or do you think it was just.
Speaker 3: I think she can do that. No, I think that Emily would do something like that. I think she's so much fun I'm really enjoying her on the show, and I'm enjoying Gina a lot.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, mm hmm. She did some funny things.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: Then Katie's friend said that Heather this storyline honestly is punishable one the fact that me and Cynthia were both brought up in regards to the story. I'm like, I mentioned it on the podcast years ago, like no one cares anymore, no one gives two shits.
Speaker 3: Well they do, because they're still bringing it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like, Okay. So Katie's friend said that Heather hired paparazzi at Disneyland and she has a screenshot.
Speaker 3: Tamra said, that's very housewipey, right, Seddie.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I'm just trying to start with that. Yeah, but if I was going to show the screenshot, it should not because this is where I'm having issue with all of it. And I know we're skipping to the end of the episode, but I feel like we just cover all of this right now. Katie saying, I had no idea there was drama about There was no idea. I had no idea there was drama involving this paparazzi thing, and my friend reached out to me and blah blah blah, and now I just feel like she's a liar. That's actually not what we saw. We saw a text that said, can you confirm something along the lines of can you confirm that Heather called the paparazzi on herself at Disney And the response was yes, yes, that that is very different. That is somebody that's doing the same thing that she's accusing Heather for.
Speaker 3: She's accusing that head and professional. Heather made that point.
Speaker 2: I mean, it would have been different if we saw the text that Heather sent saying to that pop razzi, right, but like Heather just asking, I mean I could text that to my freaking mom right now and she could respond back yes, and we could show the text.
Speaker 3: Of course. Well, I mean I think first of all, it proves that so that's so new season, first season housewifely that you have to come in, you know, especially to get into the group and to kind of like cop your moment and make a moment where you have to bring up something like that and you know, go against like the star, which is Heather. I mean, they're all stars. Let's you know that. I see them as all of them as stars. But you know Heather, which is kind of like the one that they're afraid of that you know, get some sort of different like respect or you know, she's always like had like that role, you know what I mean. It's like I felt that. That's how I feel, you know that they've always So she's going like the underdog is going like after Heather and even though the rest of the girls are like, are you sure you want to do that? Like, oh my god, we're so scared for you. So she came in, you know, as as the rookie, as a new one already like trying to fight Heather.
Speaker 2: But if you're going to go for somebody, you got to go for them for something good. Because the two things of like calling paparazzi and yourself. Yeah, I laughed at it on the podcast with Taraman said pop parazzi really aren't at Disney searching people out, but I will.
Speaker 3: Everybody knows that. Even Kim Kardashian and Jaylo called the paparazzi like yeah, like I'm waiting outside of Disneyland waiting for Heather and Terry. They're not here. We care.
Speaker 2: But also the whole thing about Heather accidentally tagging her in a photo on her birthday and like, can you believe? But who cares?
Speaker 3: Who cares? Well, you know, I think that they need to like dig a little deeper because it's like a lot you know. I feel like to Heather obviously because she has been part of the show for so many years. When you have a new person that's coming into the group, you're gonna do your homework. Yeah, you can do some digging, and you know, you want to have information about this person. Everybody does that. I'm not even not offended. Yeah I'm not on the show.
Speaker 2: And I still went on Katie's Instagram and looked.
Speaker 3: Right, but I wish that well, Heather did say that, she said that she's girled like through the instagram her with Emily, I think, and so she did admit to that, but it's kind of like, you know, you should have told her. Yeah, you know what, Katie, we've been you know, this friends group, have been friends for X amount of years and you were coming you into the group, and I had to do a little bit of homework. I mean, I wanted to get more information about you, and that's what it is. And by the way, you were doing the same thing. You know, Katie was doing the same thing.
Speaker 2: And then I didn't appreciate that our girl, Cynthia got Branda, and Cynthia is one of my good friends. I love cynthiaa and Cynthia really isn't she.
Speaker 3: Should have been on the dating game.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I would have been one. Yeah, maybe there's maybe more people and announce like why is there only four girls? Like you know what, I'm gonna I'm gonna text Cynthia when we get off. But I don't think that. Cynthia probably went to Katie and was like, oh, by the way, all Heather could talk to me about was you. I think Heather probably, like all of us, when you're about to meet a new housewife, say oh I saw your friends with this person, give me the juice.
Speaker 3: Right right, being detective, like they all do that, right. But I think for sure, like Katie wanted to have her moment like going against Heather, like saying, you know what, like I'm new, but like I don't care. You know, I'm gonna call you out and whatever. I need to call you out so like you can respect me and and you know, kind of like to set the grounds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, then Gina is upset that Katie told the women about Heather, and Emily says, Heather is going to fucking destroy her. You see, but I do think can.
Speaker 3: We talk about it? I love how Gina said. I'd love this that Gina said this. So when she has Katie come over, she's like, are you going to talk to Heather about it? Because if not, I'm going to tell Hewther. Yeah, but she gave her that opportunity. I think that that was a great movie. You know, That's something that I would do. And I thought that was really incredible. I mean, that's what real friends do.
Speaker 2: And we ultimately find out that Katie pusses out and so then Tam has to step in and do her work. But before we even get to that, we're still at the bar. We're at the Coyote ugly time, and I just all I could think about is the next time my drink comes out of the soda gun, I'm going to re think about this scene because I'm going to think about my choices, what beverage I've ordered, And I also want to think about the man sitting at the bar who's living his best life in his plaid flannel just like.
Speaker 3: Thating so good, that was fun. I would have wanted to be there. I've never done something like that, so I thought that was cool. And I'm all, I love a creoty moment, So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't. I didn't hate any of that moment. I didn't love, and I would tell Emily to her face I didn't love when we got the flashback of Emily making the comment to Jen that she looked rich wearing her coat.
Speaker 3: Oh that was mean.
Speaker 2: Yes, I thought it was a little like we'd already. Jin's taking me accountability for not having money. It's very clear that anything she does do her boyfriend's paying.
Speaker 3: For, right, But isn't that the case for like a lot of women, you know what I mean. It's like the only thing is that Jen's not legally married to Ryan. But you know, when you're in a relationship, whether it's your boyfriend or your husband, you know, the men usually pay for the trips or by you gifts or you know, take care of the expenses.
Speaker 2: I mean, do I need it with that? Are you saying I need to marry somebody else? Because why is that not happening for me?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Sometimes this morning I texted Tamra because we have one million things to do today. And I said, why didn't I just wake up and be like doctor Nicole, Like, why is it just not endless finance? Like I just want to have all the things.
Speaker 3: Well, you don't know, I mean, yeah, but you know, you never really know everybody's real life behind closed doors. You know. That's all I can tell you. Not everything you know that glitters this gold, you know. And I'm not speaking for her. I'm just saying I can speak for like a lot of women you know that you know, they may have like this, you know, beautiful amazing life financially or you know, have a certain kind of like life that a lot of women aspire to, but sometimes there's a big price side to pay for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean personally, I like to I.
Speaker 3: Personally rather work, to tell you the truth. I mean, it's great if you're like married to you know, a wonderful man that supports everything you do, and you can like keep your money and you can just pay for everything. And you know, we can work because it makes us feel good. And you know, we love our careers, we love what we do. It makes us feel good about us. And yes, you can contribute to the home or to vacations or whatever it may be. But it's not like necessary. But you know, I'm sure if your household needs it and you make good income, like I don't have a problem with that with contributing, Yeah, yeah, but I mean, Jen is in the situation she's in now, and of course, no matter what she does, whether it's glam or going on a trip or driving whatever car, other girls are going to come after her and say, you know, why are you doing this, Like you don't have the money to do this, And I think that's like really mean, but also and literally necessary.
Speaker 2: Clearly she doesn't have the money to do it. She's I think this is also something that happens to so many women her entire life. She has had somebody else manage her money, manage her life, manage her financials. She's unable to do it on her own, and now she's in a situation.
Speaker 3: She says she doesn't feel like up to part with the rest of the ladies, Like she doesn't feel good about herself. She doesn't think she's good enough, you know, for this group of women, because you know, she doesn't feel good about herself because her life right now is like falling apart, but then other girls are like, but you're not doing anything about it, right, Like that's like their defense.
Speaker 2: But I would be pissed if like you loaned me your jacket and then you walked up to me like as we're leaving and you were like, oh my gosh, I didn't recognize you, teddy because you looked rich because you're wearing my clothes. I'd be like, go fuck yourself, me too, Like why yeah, like why wouldn't she find herself in that moment? Like she didn't find she just kind of was like, yeah, I am broke. Ha ha. I was like, no, that's where you step in and be like fuck you.
Speaker 3: Well, because you have that personality, so do I. But I think she's just kind of just like just wanted to go away, and she's just like embarrassed and she's just rather, you know, puke fun of herself and that's what she's doing. Okay, Yeah I'm broke, who cares?
Speaker 2: But no, I think they would stop if she would actually grow some cojones and be like, yeah, you know what it is, what it fucking is. I am broke, I've made poor financial decisions. But you either like me as I am and with my shit show relationship or you don't but don't fucking love me your coat and then make fun of me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't think that was cool.
Speaker 2: But then Vicky goes to Shannon's house. Vicky says Tamama didn't have the balls to call and say she was dropping out of the Trace and Meta show. Vicky says, Tamara has been a girl in her veins and a black heart. That's a fucking that's a big statement. Then Shannon says this was an opportunity for her to make additional income as a single mother of three girls in college, and tam are dropping out devastation. I'm going to clear a couple things up that I know for certain, because.
Speaker 3: Yes, please do that, because I had some questions about that.
Speaker 2: Okay, So first and foremost, Vicky and Shannon can spend what you know, spend whatever narrative they want. But I know for a fact that Tama was very upfront with the women and Paris the rep or the agent or whatever he is about how she was very busy with her podcast businesses, home and Big Bear her family to continue the Trace Amiga's tour. She also booked traders and was going away on that as more things were being booked, then she told them multiple times. And then when Paris, who again signed without Tamor's consent while she was in Scotland, asked Tammar to do more shows, she said no. Also, Shannon's financial should not be Tamor's issue. That to me, that's a weird deflection. Like I love you, I think you're great. You know, we we do a good podcast together. But like, at the end of the day, your financials are not my problem and mine are not yours. Like I'm having as a friend.
Speaker 3: When you can't make your decisions, you know, based on my finance. It's like you have to look out for whatever's good for you.
Speaker 2: When you're filming a show, when you have like Tamar and I podcast multiple times a week. We have so like we are both spread very thin and I don't even film a TV show, so like I can only imagine what she's going through. But she I heard and I saw multiple times where she was like, this is too much for me. I can't do this. I also don't you know, like and I think they also, I mean they hired Paris while she was in Scotland, so she had to say no.
Speaker 3: To him.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like she term was not somebody to be afraid to tell somebody.
Speaker 3: Now, Yeah, that didn't seem true to me. You know, I just didn't believe that, you know, after so many years of friendship and you know, doing the tour and the whole thing, that she would just like step away and not have the conversation with him or let anybody know.
Speaker 2: But also, it wasn't so many years. It was like four shows. That's what we have to do. Four Yes, our podcast has been going on for years. Their show like they had four or five shows. But also we need to make one additional point. Paris the rep he actually no longer works with Vickey and Shannon m So, okay, you rest your case. Yeah, so you know what I'm not. You know, I'm not always gonna be biased, but in this instance, I watched it play out, and I don't like when I see those two coming. I mean, Tamar did four shows and a span of five months with them. Tam and I do probably five shows in the course of a week.
Speaker 3: Right, That's what I'm saying. It was her decision of financial and besides out, like you said, she was in Traders too. It was too much for her and as.
Speaker 2: Your proba, can't do this from our living room, right right, you know.
Speaker 3: And besides that she has a choice. I mean, you know, I get it to Shannon and Vickie me tamar but you know, Tamarra did it what she can do it and enjoyed it, and it was just time for her to you know, continue with with her with her things. And it wasn't that.
Speaker 2: But then they showed Shannon got a letter from John's lawyer saying she owes him seventy five thousand. Shannon gets emotional, saying even going to court will cost more than seventy five thousand. Then they showed Jen and Ryan packing for Vegas. Jen wonders if you can't post in Vegas because everyone will be judging why her broke asses in Vegas. She starts to get emotional. Ryan says, bank accounts come and go, but being rich in your soul is what matters. Jen gets emotional, sayings she is hyper sensitive because she doesn't feel equal to the women. All I know is Jen has never met a home goods that she hasn't needed to buy a mug from. Like I have a real issue with sayings on things like I used to give Marisol ship when she would like have the bedazzled cups, and it would say things like I don't like words on things. I really don't, okay, And what does she have?
Speaker 3: What does Jenna? Oh my god, I mean between she did have something.
Speaker 2: Yes, I can't even remember what it was. It was like something having to do with what was going on is said on the mug and it's and we called it. Oh it said be fucking nice. Okay, mug.
Speaker 3: So the mugs are like sublip or be fi nice. There's sb liberal messages to what you're trying to say. I rather just say it with my mouth. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't hate this scene, but I also like, I don't know that I would really care if people thought I was broke or not broke and going to Vegas like do.
Speaker 1: We do you? Do you?
Speaker 2: Of course no.
Speaker 3: I didn't enjoy it either, And the fact that she made it seem like, oh, I'm worried about if we post. You know, it's like who cares? Like, you know, do you and go on your trip and you know you don't have to give people explanations And by the way, everybody knows that you are living with Ryan and he's you know, taking care of everything. And what's wrong about going on a trip with your friends, I mean with your with Ryan, like your friends should be happy for you. You know, she's going through a lot of shit, so I never go to Vegas and have fun.
Speaker 2: I think that might be the problem.
Speaker 3: We're not.
Speaker 2: We're seeing like I feel like a shell of gin. And I don't know if this is because of Ryan or what the situation is, but I haven't felt a real connection with her in any of the women. So we're just seeing her like you know, hitting the balls away. But I mean, I think because then we get like top editing where it's like Gina says Jen will spend money on gleam for the golf event, and then they show her in this glam chair like it's it's all of it, But we're not. I haven't yet seen Jen connecting with the other women. Really. It's very.
Speaker 3: Protective. She's being protected of herself and you know she might be scared, you know when you're in a like situation like that too, and the girls aren't really being so nice to her and kind of like giving her that moment where she can be vulnerable. She's just kind of like trying to avoid that.
Speaker 2: But then we get to this golfing event and I need to know, could Katie have really put her foot in her mouth or did she know that hosting a drinking and event police.
Speaker 3: And Shannon was right next to her. That was like the funny part. Shanna kind of like laughed and continued, like, you know, doing her her nail.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 3: I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't think she hadn't laughed. I think she like died inside.
Speaker 3: She was like no, but she was laughing. I looked and she was like laughing. Yeah. And Heather of course called it out. But you know, Shanna did laugh about it. But I thought that was like poetaste. I mean, she didn't make it funny and whatever. But you know, she was being a house like listen, these new houseworks come in and they know all the things they have to do.
Speaker 2: They come in, they've got their friend, they've got their script. They're like they're going for it, like they're like, I'm gonna get it where I can get it. And so that it may have been funny if it wasn't, because.
Speaker 3: It was still so painful for Shannon. I wouldn't have said that but I.
Speaker 2: Mean we probably would have said it, but there's a way to say things with shade, and there's a way to say things and then pretend that you don't realize you're saying it. That bugs me. If you're going to be an asshole, own that you're a fucking asshole, right like when you're like yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like, but usually assholes don't own that they're assholes.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love to own that I'm an asshole. I'm the biggest asshole there is. I can be lovely, but I'm an asshole. But then Katie goes to Gina's house, we hear more about the paparazzi thing. But what I did get confused about was now we're talking about Gina and Travis. Oh, yeah, she's worried because they're not to get.
Speaker 3: You made this, you did this, you did this, You created the situation, and she made the choice. Well do you think she's taking it back? I mean, she feels lonely and I understand that, but they obviously still have a relationship. When her kids were at Travis's house, so I did like that. And she says he lives like across the street or across the corner, like very close by, so I'm.
Speaker 2: Sure they both have those same you know, they look like they're in a development where every you know, you just rent those places. He probably rented one nearby so their kids can go to and from. But I thought the whole reason was that the kids needed separation from the other kids, So then why are you sending them over there? Oh?
Speaker 3: I didn't. I didn't think it was that Benny did separation. My understanding was that the house was in like big enough that you know, everybody was on top of each other, so you know, they needed more space, and they really didn't have you know, the money right now. But no, I mean I think the kids.
Speaker 2: Am I not smart? Help me? If you're going to rent two places in the same budget area, Kate, you put those two moneies together and then get a slightly bigger place that you can rent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I think there's more to that. We always said that, you know what, we've been on the podcast before. We've said that we think that there's more issues there. You know, it's not only that, you know, they needed a bigger place and they couldn't afford it.
Speaker 2: But Gina owned her place. Gina owned her place. I didn't realize that Gina bought her place. I do think it's very different. They wanted to buy something, for sure, Yeah, they wanted to buy something. And if she solely owns her place and they were feeling like on top of each other, then she's like, you got to figure it out until you can step up and help us figure this out. But then we get to Katie's golf event. Katie's as the winner gets protest sunglasses. I gotta say I was expecting Katie to be a better golfer.
Speaker 3: I think we all were. I think everybody's going to be surprised. Besides that, you would think she would also golf with her husband, Like that's a fun activity to do, like as a couple. Like if my husband was a golfer, I would totally try to like take lessons and be better, and that's something you know you can do as a couple. I would think that that's fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I actually I would hate to golf. I'm very grateful one it's not a golfer, but I love to play pickleball. But I also probably wouldn't have been so attracted. I couldn't take it to somebody who worked in golf like it's just not my it's not my thing, but she said she was. She was like, when I saw him, I couldn't even take it. Yeah, so hot.
Speaker 3: But how do you feel like about him? Like that seemed that they had together on the dinner table that she's like, you know, talking her head off about everybody. He seemed you know, well. I mean it's the first time on camera, so it's like part from him as well too, so kind of like the men don't know what to say, they don't know how to act. But I feel like he looked uncomfortable between you and I. I feel like he looks uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think he's just like a nice, normal guy that's going with the flow. His wife wants to be on this television show all of a sudden, and he's like, all right, i'll show up. I'll do what you want to do. I don't think he's upset that he's on, but he's also like, how much do you really want me to get involved?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Like please?
Speaker 3: I got that feeling for him too.
Speaker 2: Then Tarama tells Heather that Katie said she called the paparazzi. Heather asked for proof because she's never done that. Heather tells Katie she knows she's been talking about her in line. Katie says she has a screenshot of the text, and Heather swears on her kit. I really don't like when people swear in their kids life. I know.
Speaker 3: I don't think any of us liked it, or even the girls that were there, they were like, what are you doing? I never do that? And if I have to do it, it's like, you're like, and if I.
Speaker 2: Have to do it, You're like, and if I have to do it, I'm lying because I really no, No.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'd never like to do that. I agree, but you know it is but with her in her case, you can tell she's lying. I mean, because we all know that, we all know that you have to reach out to the paparazzi. They're not going to be there waiting for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, when you walk outside of Craigs, you don't have to reach out to the paparazzi.
Speaker 3: No, there's certain places right which Tamra brings up that apparently Heather likes that, you know, where everybody's different, Like Tamara doesn't like it. I don't like it, but you're right. I Craigs is there sometimes at mass Jo's in La There's the other places, Giorgio Baldi, There's a lot of places in La where you have the proparazzis waiting for you outside, but not Disneyland but.
Speaker 2: Not and but also it's at this point I wish Heather would have just been like, yeah, my friend, you know someone that works for me, probably let them know was there.
Speaker 3: It is what it is.
Speaker 2: There were rumors about my marriage at the time, and then I wanted to clear them up. Like that's really all she needed to say, because it was during that same time that we were hearing rumors correct. Things were not great between Heather and Terry, and then all of a sudden we saw all these pictures of them everywhere.
Speaker 3: Just say like, I feel like a lot of the ladies have a problem, just saying it like you see it that way. I see it that way too, because we're like authentic and real. But a lot of people, and a lot of these girls on the show will never be that person. You know, they'll never admit it and they'll never say hey, you know, yeah, you know this, I was going through this in my life.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: We thought it would be a good idea to get a nice picture of us showing that we're together. It's important whatever, like you sink, But it's never gonna happen. Do you think she's gonna admit to it? Do you think ever? Do you think the rest of the season she's gonna have But no, I got MoMA or in their reunion and she's gonna admit to it.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: Some of these women stick to the story and to their life and they're not gonna move on and say, you know, ever say the truth.
Speaker 2: And I truthfully think that if Katie doesn't move on and find something else to talk about, this might be our only season that we see because it's not enough. It's not enough, not enough.
Speaker 3: You know, this has been done so many times already. It's like the typical move, you know, your first season, and this is what she's doing, you know, So either she's doing it because she really wants to do it, or somebody's behind the scene is kind of like egging her on to do it, and it is what it is. But I agree she needs a lot more than this to keep her on the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the drama between Heather and Katie, it all feels so surface and I don't particularly care about either of it, but I do care about the scenes for next week because they look delicious and it looks like the dramas coming in hot. We we hear tam get a little mouthy, so good.
Speaker 3: I'm waiting for that. I'm waiting for ten. And I did.
Speaker 2: Appreciate Tamra just telling all the women, even Shannon, who she wasn't really talking to, like hey, I'm going to tell Heather now because this feels weird, and like, you know, if Tamar's gonna stir it, she's not doing it in a way that like behind everybody's back.
Speaker 3: She's like, no, they were all there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And she wouldn't handle it. She didn't make it more drama. That was and I don't think she ever really made fun of Heather. She like lightly joked about the situation, but I was like, you know what, I thought she handled that well mm hmm.
Speaker 3: And it kind of vindicated also camera when that was brought up, you know, seasons ago, which I was happy she got to prove her point because you know, sometimes you went to season when you never get to make your point and for people to believe you. So I was happy that that played out because we see that, you know, we see that what Tamara was saying, you know, seasons Ago are is actually the truth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's I think it's gonna get good, guys, and I think we're gonna start to see the dynamics in the friendship shift. So I'm excited. Please keep tuning in, send us all your thoughts, questions, concerns, and we'll dig into the next episode.