Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Prize Picks. Whether you're starting a new routine or making picks for the first time, trying something new can be hard, but in life and on Prize Picks, it always feels good to be right. With the high pressure of playoff matchups every weekend and Elite Hoops action every night, the action never stops on Prize Picks.
Speaker 2: Let's take control.
Speaker 1: Football season is winding down, but the fun on Prize Picks is just getting started.
Speaker 2: Playoff push after this week Drake may All.
Speaker 1: Damn day Man, ninety percent completion, five touchdowns, more, more, and more. New feature alert. Prize Picks has early payouts. If your lineup gets off to a hot start, you may now have the option to cash out early winnings before the game even finishes. Prize Picks is simple to play. Just pick more or less on at least two player stats. If you get your picks right, you could cash in. Download the Prize Pick app today. Use Coach Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup. That's cold, Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup prize fix.
Speaker 3: It's good to be right.
Speaker 1: Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. What looked to be a blowout early turned into a very very interesting game. The Falcons hold on and win twenty seven to twenty four. Three Matthew Stafford interceptions was the big reason why Vjon Robinson had himself a night Tonight. Twenty two carries a buck ninety five, including a ninety three yard long and he had a touchdown rushing and a touchdown receiving, and that was enough as they take those three turnovers, turn them into points and they win twenty seven to twenty four. I am your favorite unk and that is my partner in co host Liberty City's own Bengals Ring of Fame, Honoie, a former pro bowler and an All Pro. He's Chad o Cho Senko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button. Do us a favorite, Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We would like to thank you for your support and you'll continue support because because of you, Nightcap has become the phenomenon that it is, and only because of you we shall continue to rise, be even better in twenty six than we were in twenty four twenty five. So again, thank you for your support and you continue support. If you look at the purchase of bottle of Shay by Laportier and you cannot find it any state or city near you, remember we have the og bottle which is the seven fifty. We also now have the three seventy five. The same great quality, same great taste, the same smoothness, just in a smaller bottle. It is a premium VSOP the best tasting premium vsop kgnac on the market. But don't take my word for it. Tried it and against others and you'll see it is the smoothest, best tasting cognac on the market.
Speaker 2: Please drink responsibly and stay safe.
Speaker 1: Go check out my media company page on all of its platform Shay Shee Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out.
Speaker 2: That link is pinned in the chat again.
Speaker 1: Guys, the night the game that you watched, the night that Atlanta Falcons pulls off a Shoka with a twenty four to twenty one victory over.
Speaker 2: The Los Angeles Ram.
Speaker 1: But it was Bjon Robinson that had himself a Knight, and he showed you why he's going to the Pro Bowl. There's a great chance he's gonna be a first team All Pro because the way he can start stop on a dime.
Speaker 2: Hell O, yo, I thought he was four to four. That ain't.
Speaker 1: No four to four could do? Wint got it? Can he should have had two ninety y'all?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Absolutely.
Speaker 5: And then before you before you go talking about the game, I want to talk about Bejon real quick and how specially and when I look at in NFL history all the running backs that had the agility, the quickness, the ability to the jump cut, jump start, come to balance and reaccelerate again, I can only think of four who who looked like Bijon Robinson. I think of Barry Sanders for one. I'm not saying any Barry Sanders. I'm talking about his style the way I'm not seeing Barry Sanders. We got Lashawn McCoy. Yes, we got Marshall Faulk and we got Bjon. Now, for those in the chat that watch football understand what I'm talking about. I'm not saying, I'm not comparing these players at all. I'm saying the styling play in which they run the ball and the abilities that they have but they had the ball in their hands are damn they're similar.
Speaker 1: He definitely reminds me more of Leshan McCoy. Barry was more of a two foot jump stop guy and keep going. I mean, if you look at bad, I mean, I've never I've never seen a guy and you'll probably never see another guy that can do with Barry.
Speaker 2: I mean his joints.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised he ain't got hit replacement and double knee and double hip replacement, Joe, because you've never seen a guy that can start and stop. I'm talking about he hopped, stopped with both feet, shimmy, and then take off running again.
Speaker 2: He was unbelievable.
Speaker 1: But Bjon Robinson, boy boy, boy boy, you beast shot. I mean, but he reminds you. Let me tell you why he looks like Barry, because Barry can take a five yard loss and you forget that it was a loss. You like, man, he shook six people, Yeah, but he lost five yard.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about that. Don't he worry about that. It's second to fifteen.
Speaker 1: I know, but you see all those guys laying on the ground, he shook them. And that's what bijon, bijon, I mean that thirty one yard run on Joe. Three guys had him Dann right what verse I think actually had him pulling him down.
Speaker 2: And how he get out of that, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: But they didn't win this ball game tonight, twenty seven to twenty four. B Jon Robinson twenty two carres above ninety five to one score and he also had a receiving touchdown in the first quarter of the ball game. And they took an early twenty one to nothing lead, built that lead to twenty four to three. But the Rams come all the way back. They get a touchdown past to Ferguson, they get a block kick, they scored a field goal, well they scored the field goal first, and then they get the touchdown to Ferguson. Then they get the block kick, and then they get the jet screen to a Pooka who gets the ball into the end zone. But the Falcons go down the field bleed the clock almost been.
Speaker 2: A great catch by Pooker that was unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Because it looked like a oh joey really until they when the ball actually came a loose from it looked like a catch.
Speaker 4: It did it did? Poo poo poo. Man. Listen, he's been making some unbelievable plays.
Speaker 5: He been making some catches and that would have been a dope catch for him to come up with that one.
Speaker 4: But I mean, the ram did this to the cell phone. Now, listen to the.
Speaker 5: Offense that we've seen play all year long, putting up thirty damn there, thirty thirty five game every They just weren't clicking on. They just weren't clicking tonight offensively, and Matt didn't make it any easy he did making eensier throwing Helly had what uh what three picks? He had five interceptions all season long, and he comes in tonight and he has.
Speaker 2: Three those three.
Speaker 1: And look the he overshot, he overshot and base the third got him runs it backboard pick. But the three by two, Oh joe, he passed off three and jumps too. We just talked about that last week. The guy jumped, passed off too, and jump one. So we see that that is a very common thing. They're like, bro, they're not throwing you ball they looking to throw the ball. They're trying to get me up out of there so they can throw in behind me. I'm gonna pass that off. Let the safety worry about that, and he did. Thirty one made a great play. He had two picks tonight which were outstanding. Yeah, but you said that, o Jo. The Rams don't have anybody to blame but themselves. And it's kind of hard to like, no matter what, we're the fifth or the sixth seed. You know what I'm saying, Ocho, is not like we can't we can't win the division. We can't get a home game. So oh well, it is what it is. But you never know. I mean, hey, the seventh seed might make it, and there so the fifth, the fifth or sixth seed, and you do get a home game, so you never know what could happen. But the Falcons and I told you, I said, oh yo, the Falcons defense better than your Fagan, They better you. I say, they can gay Floyd and Pierce. They can get after you. Ellis, I like that linebacker. I said, they can get after people. Remember how they made Josh Allen. Look, didn't they beat the Buffalo Bills thirty to nothing?
Speaker 4: Absolutely Hey and that the back in the backing is really good too.
Speaker 1: Aj Terrell Ajterrell played really well. You got base the third, uh Xavier Watts had an outstanding game. They played. They played really well today, Uh, oh jo. They called holding. That wasn't look I think they ended up scoring anyway, But that wasn't no holding. The linel was going down the left tackle go ahead and throws him down the nickel because Pooker made a great you know, that was a long touchdown pass day.
Speaker 2: I think they ended up scoring on that drive anyway.
Speaker 1: But this was a game and Zaying Gonzales made a fifty one yard field goal with twenty five seconds left, which turned out to beat the game winner. The Rams will get the number five seed in the NFC if they win against which is a home game, and the forty nine Ers lose to the Seahawks. If the Rams lose to the Cardinals or the forty nine Ers beat the Seahawks, the Rams would get the six seed. That might not be a bad idea because you get an opportunity to play the Uh the Eagles. The Eagles are not as not as vaunted as they were last year.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe.
Speaker 1: They're not clicking on all similar seventeen total yards in the second half. I think Jalen Hurts had two yards in the second I don't think he completed the pass in the second half.
Speaker 2: Looked at him. I don't think he completed the pass in the second half. O't Joe.
Speaker 5: I think I think that would be a good matchup, especially in favor of the Rams, the Rams being able to score it. Well for the back it would be a good thing because the Eagles defense, the Eagle will show Yes, now what what portion of what part of the Eagles offense?
Speaker 4: So we're going to get that game?
Speaker 5: Are they going to give us a portion of their office that we just saw this previous weekend?
Speaker 4: Then they going home, They going home early.
Speaker 1: Well, Devonte will be back. You forgot Davante being gone the last two games, and he looked good. I mean he was warming up on the field. That kept him down. Yeah, so there's a chance that they keep him. They keep him out one more time and give him another week. So I'm assuming that when he gets back. Now, the thing is, oh, jo, you know, hamstrings, they like warm weather. They don't really like the cold. You're going outside in Philly's and maybe that storm that hit the Northeast, hit New York and Philly and upstairs, you know all that area.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's blown over.
Speaker 1: By that time, by the time they get there, it wasn't two in two weeks. Maybe that storm is gone and another one won't blow back in. But uh yeah, I thought the Falcons played really good, that they Cousins didn't have to do a whole lot. He was thirteen to twenty one, twenty six, one touchdown but b Jon Robinson. They had thirty three carries to nineteen and a touchdown and the one touchdown to b Jon Robinson. But Bijeon was sensational to day that. I mean, what can you saying. I'm glad people get an opportunity to see him. He's been a couple of national televised games, but you get an opportunity to see one of the better backs in the league, and you see how he can catch the ball, he can run it, and TV you know if I'm teams, but I'm scary, I'm afraid don't show that he might slip because I really want to blitz him and make him stay and blocked.
Speaker 2: But just my look, I bless him and he slip out the ball.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's one of the few players you don't want to see in space.
Speaker 2: Nov So.
Speaker 1: Obviously Karen Williams ran the ball. He had thirteen carries for ninety two yards. Didn't have nearly enough. They had twenty rushes one to fifteen. But because they fell behind by so much, it kind of neutralized the running game. They went back to it, but not nearly as enough as Sean McVay would like to call the running game because he likes to do a lot of play action off of the running game All Lah Kyle Shanahan in the San Francisco forty nine, and they do a lot even when they go in motion and they insert the wide receivers. A lot of times those wide receivers looking to run cross the routes or they're looking to run the sail routes. And because you see most times when people motion the wide receiver in and he leads up.
Speaker 2: Inside it like oh, here come the run block.
Speaker 1: But they'll fake it and then all of a sudden he'll go to the far across or he'll go to the seven. Yeah, but they didn't get an opportunity to do a lot of that to night because they fell behind by so much. They turned them all over Atlanta Capital lives on it. But uh, this get I am so glad to fire because one because this thing would have been real a mister Blank would have been very disappointed with Ryan.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, it's it's it's unfortunate obviously that the head coach is responsible for losses like that, when when the onus is on the players. You know, all the coach you can do is they can coach, they can go through the exit and o's they can get a game plan, they can get the scheme. They can tell you what we need to do.
Speaker 4: You know, and and it's up to you. It's up to you to execute it.
Speaker 5: And when mistakes are made on the field, it's sad that you know, the responsibility is on the coach when it's actually the player that makes that makes those mistakes.
Speaker 4: That that's the part that sucks.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: They get they get they get a lot of credit when things go well, far maybe far too much credit, and when things go bad, they get too much of the blame. But at the end of the day, I try to put you in the best position that I possibly can. Now it's left up left up to you to go execute those but you know they're foul because they're still fighting hard. Now you look at them, like, bro, the way y'all play, it ain't no way y'all should be under five hundred.
Speaker 2: Y'all.
Speaker 1: Y'all should have been so the last weekend should have come down to you guys and and and Carolina and Tampa for the division, not just now. You guys are player. You know A want to finish out strong B eighty nine. Nah, y'all too. They got they got too much talent on show you. I mean when you look at them, look at b Jon Robinson. Now year you look at the receivers of Mooney and Robinson and County Drake London, David Sills, the fifth uh stepped up tonight. They got too much talent on the offensive side of football. And that defense isn't bad. There is a bad they can get after the quarterback. I lo like Lennon Floyd. I always thought he was good. I like Piers Ellis, the linebacker's really good.
Speaker 2: They got a J. Terrell, they got good player.
Speaker 1: If if I misster Blank, if I'm mister blank, I'm giving Raheem an ultimatum, make the playoffs, say you got to go.
Speaker 2: It's really that simplow Joe, damn.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, on which when you're right on which, when you're right, this is this is right? He third year? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Uh, it's his second year in it?
Speaker 1: Is it third or second? Because didn't they take it? Might be a third year old, j if I'm not mistaken, this is the second year, because I remember they took they took Pennick Jr. Last year, which was his first year, right, right, But you look at what they got. They got aj Terrell, they got Jesse Based third, Lennard Floyd Piris Junior. They got some guys. Those interior guys are really good. They're not in the names like a Jeffrey Simmons. They're not a name like a Chris Jones. They're not a name like that. But they're solid players.
Speaker 2: Yeah in that division, oh Joe, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: You gotta make the playoffs in that division because they ain't No, ain't no hell Raisers in that division. There's some solid teams, but they're not. There are no there are no Rams in that division. There are no Seahawks in that division. There are no forty nine ers in that division. There are no Eagles in that division. There's no Chicago or the Green Bays.
Speaker 2: In that division.
Speaker 1: Nah, that's that's one of the week of divisions in football. And I expect better than what I got this year. At some point in time, Ojoe, we can't keep kicking this thing down the road and say next year and next year and next year.
Speaker 2: You got enough. He's given you enough now to go make it thay happen.
Speaker 4: Definitely have enough to compete and compete. Definitely got another.
Speaker 2: So it's gonna be very interesting.
Speaker 1: The forty nine ers, the forty nine ers, if they beat Seattle, they're the number one seed. Seattle wins, Seattle's the one seed. Those are the only scenarios. Those are SiO.
Speaker 4: Good thing about those scenarios. Either way or go. I'm in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Well, if the Bears hold on, if the Eagles win and the Bears lose, the Eagles will go to the two slot, the Bears will fall down to the three slot, and the winner of the NFC South will be in the four slot.
Speaker 2: So there's still very much there's still a lot to play.
Speaker 1: For, There's still a lot on the line, and it's gonna be very very interesting to see what transpires. Who the Eagles got the Commanders. Eagles got the command the Cowboys got.
Speaker 5: The should be easy out. I don't mean to be respectful who the Eagles.
Speaker 4: It should be easy.
Speaker 2: Out, you know now?
Speaker 1: I remember they ran the score up on them. They say we got something for y'all. We see y'all a couple of weeks. Now what they say on y'all, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know that.
Speaker 4: Listen. I know one thing.
Speaker 5: We can have the bottom of the offense fall out like it did last week.
Speaker 4: We can't have that.
Speaker 5: We can't have we can't buy week. But anyway, you can't go into a second half of seventeen yards of offense.
Speaker 4: You're not gonna win that game. You can't do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cause you definitely want to be playing your best football going towards the playoff momentum.
Speaker 4: You need that momentum going into the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, I agree. I definitely agree with you.
Speaker 1: But the Falcons win, Uh, they get an opportunity to close out the season on a positive note, if they can go, if they can beat.
Speaker 2: They got New Orleans, right, Yeah, they got New Orleans.
Speaker 4: New Orleans.
Speaker 1: They hate New Orleans, hate them, and they hate New Orleans.
Speaker 2: The fans hate each other.
Speaker 1: He O Joe, you would think that this is Baltimore, Pittsburgh, or this is uh the Cowboys commanders. It used to be uh, you know, the derogatory term the Eagles Giant.
Speaker 2: You would think it was one of those O.
Speaker 4: Yo, it's bad. Got understand, and I'm just finding out about it.
Speaker 5: I'm just finding out about it, you know, trying to try to trying to have everybody come together and have a kom by y'all moment, you know, a great game, having the Saints fans and Falcons fans sit together and enjoy the game as one man. They told me, fuck, wait.
Speaker 2: A minute, and they wasn't. They weren't very hospitable when when hurricane control to.
Speaker 4: Get either, they wasn't. They wasn't.
Speaker 2: That's what they like. Don't break your hands up here, go down to Houston, to go to gow, go somewhere. They come here.
Speaker 1: I said, come on, bad, we can y'all can resume that of a later day time. No, it's always it's been that, it's always gonna be.
Speaker 4: I would love to know.
Speaker 5: I would love to know the backstory on why the hatred is the way it is. I understand if it's you know, it's a division game. You have you you have your teams that you love, but it's a it's a it's a real hate. When I talk to all Saints faces like there's don't like not damn what happened? I need, I need the backstory on why it really is like that.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, do you think they could have called that? Because to me it wasn't arm bar offered.
Speaker 5: You can't do that now when you're hand fighting's okay, but you behind, if you're hide your start even in your hand fighting, that's one thing that's that's fair. You have an opportunity to make a play for the ball, but knowing that you're behind, and the only way what you can do is it's almost it's almost a betteran move too, uncle. You grab it is you hold one hand down the best way, the best way you can. But it's hard for the rep who's it's hard.
Speaker 1: For the rep whose body is being blocked by the receiver to see it that But guess who's not blocked. That back judge, the side judge might not can see it, but there's a back judge up under the gold post. That's far enough fact that he can see it, or you can see it.
Speaker 2: Hell, yeah, you can see.
Speaker 5: I think he blocked. I think he blocked off on. I think because you got a thing where to with the way to.
Speaker 4: Was going on the deep ball, the ball was over his over uh of.
Speaker 2: His inside outside I know it was over outside shoulder.
Speaker 5: It was like, I mean, the ref K, the ref K see what's going on on the other side.
Speaker 2: Think about it.
Speaker 1: If I'm going like this, I'm coming towards you and I reached. He's got my left R opinion. So theoretically, if the if the side judge is blocked, there's the bat judge.
Speaker 5: Right there, and you know what the side judge is he all the way down the field too. Can't you even see that? I don't even think the side judge got a visual.
Speaker 1: He should because they'd be throwing flags out of nowhere from somewhere some of somebody be having yellow flags let'st in the stands.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: But it was great And I'm not so sure, Ojo had he caught it, because there was ten seconds on the clock. I'm not so sure, Ojo. They could have got everybody to the line and killed it to get a chance to get a ball.
Speaker 4: Get out the timeouse already. Yeah, it was out of time.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Joe, if they could have got down there in ten seconds them lineman, hold on.
Speaker 4: That's another thing the NFL might need to go back.
Speaker 5: Why don't you allow people to at least get themselves set before you start?
Speaker 2: And now they ain't got nothing to do with me. I'm let that clock run, TI.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that's fair.
Speaker 5: You said, at least give a team opportunity to get to the ball once the referee says the ball, and then let the clock go.
Speaker 1: The clocks going regardless. See, you try to get the old college rules.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Just Drake Maye just took a.
Speaker 1: Big lead in the MVP updated odds across all sports book. Drake may have a total of two incompletions in week seventeen. Meanwhile, Matthew Stafford threw three interceptions. Matthew Stafford now has updated he has forty two touchdowns, eight interceptions. Drake may has thirty four touchdowns eight interceptions. But he was exquisite yesterday and everybody saw it. And Matthew Stafford everybody saw the three interceptions, so a less something. And I'm trying to think, who did the Jets play the Dolphins just played No, I mean, I mean the Patriots play the Dolphins played Itdolphin. Yeah, the Bills got a bye week.
Speaker 4: You know what I did too yesterday.
Speaker 5: I don't know what you do yesterday when we asked about who would be the MVP, and I chose, I chose to Stafford.
Speaker 4: But what Matt Stafford is doing, he's supposed to be doing that. We've seen him that before.
Speaker 5: I want to make I want to change my pick, and not because it's a nice performance, because I look at the body of work that Drake May has put over throughout the entirety of this season and how he's put the Patriots on his back. And the reason, I mean, honestly, the sole reason why they're in continent this year and having a chance of going to the playoffs and playing for Lombardi Trophy in absence of Tom Brady is because of him, Not because jos not because of Josh mcdame, not because of Mike Vrabel, but Drake May. Because he's the one has to make those decisions with the ball, and he's done extremely well at protecting the ball and making the most of all his opportunities.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, he's played extremely well, but I think we can't. We can't say enough about what Josh has done and Josh ability to get on that wave length. He under the quarterback, He understands the quarterback. He always plays to his quarterback strength. We saw this where he had Tom Brady. But and then you saw I think, I think, no, that's Bill O'Brien there because of what you coll him had already left, Uh, Charlie Weiss, And I think Bill O'Brien was there then. Wasn't Bill O'Brien the OC in two thousand and eight when Matt Castle came in.
Speaker 4: After after Tom towards knee?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Bill O'Brien was there. Yeah, he was, because remember when they went to the Super Bowl and lost. Yeah, yeah, Bill O'Brien was the head coach, wasn't he? I mean the OC? Yeah, but you look at what he's been able to do with the quarter when he had Mac Jones. Mac Jones looked really, really well, went to the Pro Bowl, they went to the playoffs. Then all of a sudden, No, it wasn't all of a sudden. Josh McDaniel's got the head coaching job first Oakland and still instead of coach Belichick hiring somebody because look, coach Belichick always keeps, he rarely goes outside. Normally, the people that he hires he hires from the end. If you go back and study his history, Bill O'Brien was already on the staff and everybody that normally that he hires is already on his staff.
Speaker 2: Rarely, rarely does he go outside.
Speaker 1: And that's why he had Matt Patricia and Joe Judge take over the oc OC job when he should have gone outside. If you didn't trust somebody that was already on your staff, you can't hire. You can't hire a special teams coach and a defensive coordinator all of a sudden to be co offensive coordinators and being a young players there, you just can't do that. But Matthew Stafford, Yeah, he definitely hurt himself tonight. It reminds me of the situation that Patrick Mahomes was was leading in the MVP race and and they played the Atlanta Falcons and they won, but Patrick Mahons did not play well and and Aaron Rodgers through like three touchdowns and took over the lead and he ended up winning the MVP. So we might have a very very similar situation on our hands. Sixty three percent of the chat is taking Drake May for the MVP, thirty percent is taking Matthew Stafford. O Jo, an NFL agent, say the biggest story of the off season could be the Ravens trading Lamar Jackson. The biggest story in the off season is going to be Lamar. That's going to be crazy. According to The Athletic, the agent loved Minnesota as an under the radar destination.
Speaker 2: The Vikings would send jj McCarthy, don't you do that? We don't want They don't want him.
Speaker 1: As part of the deal, giving both quarterbacks a fresh start, Jackson on artificial turf and.
Speaker 2: A dome lookout.
Speaker 1: McCarthy would Harbaugh work well, No, send him to San Diego. If if Minnesota said, okay, if y'all want to trade it, we'll send him, send him to his old court.
Speaker 2: That's that's John, That's not Jill.
Speaker 1: But anyway, Ojo, McCarthy with a Harball worked well in Michigan, whereas the coach is gim not John.
Speaker 2: No ish.
Speaker 1: Lamar being traded could be similar to the Mavericks trading Luca Donget. The agent said, the Mavericks are were complaining about Luca's toughness, taking care of his body work. At Luca gets moved, he loses all that weight, he gets in shape, and now he has a new lease on life. Lamar might be the same. The key difference from Baltimore's standpoint is that the Ravens, unlike the Mavericks, would be getting strong value in return.
Speaker 4: No, that not strong value. What struck man?
Speaker 2: Y'all need to stop. At least Anthony Davis on Joe.
Speaker 1: At least Anthony Davis was an All NBA selection, an All Defensive selection. He is a top seventy five player, and he even won a championship. What the hell has JJ McCarthy done in the NFL?
Speaker 4: I see you're going with that, Listen. I like the move anytime.
Speaker 5: I'll say this, I'll say this anytime their their rumblings, their rumblings when it comes to a player of this magnitude, that there's always a little truth to it. Yeah, you know, where there's smoke, there's fire, you know. And if he's gonna get traded, I mean, I like the destination of Lamar actually coming home and and and the Dolphins being able to rebuild and doing what they need to do. Uh, Minnesota, that's a nice destination as well. You pair your pear god damn Lamar Jackson with one of the better receivers in the league and in Justin Jefferson and Addison and Hockinson, that would be oh hell no, that would almost be unfair either way.
Speaker 1: But I don't want but I don't want J J. McCarthy that people talk about, Oh that's great value.
Speaker 2: That ain't no great value.
Speaker 4: Who said it was a great value.
Speaker 2: I guess the agent that's doing all this.
Speaker 4: Talking don't know. He probably he probably needs his iron check.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 4: That's all. He needs iron check. But I don't I don't know.
Speaker 2: But what I don't get, O Joe.
Speaker 1: He also said, and he finished up with this, if Lamar were put on the block, even quietly, you are to that that that that is not established at the quarterback, you do whatever it takes to get him.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, they had an opportunity.
Speaker 1: Now there's no there, there's This is not to say the Ravens wouldn't have matched, but he had a non exclusive. You could have had Lamar Jackson for two first round draft picks. You could have had him. Now again, that's not to say the Ravens wouldn't have matched nobody. No, think about how many people needed quarterbacks three years ago.
Speaker 2: All these teams that have drafted.
Speaker 1: Quarterbacks, whether it's Atlanta, whether it's Carolina, whether it's Houston, whether it's the Saints, Uh, the Giants. I mean it's a half of it's more than a half. The league needed a quarterback and nobody took him. And he was an League MVP at the time, So I'm comfused.
Speaker 5: Regardless, Hu, he wasn't going to regardless, even if the Ravens had the match, which is what they would have done. He was Lamar Jackson was their identity. Lamar Jackson was their team. He was the face of that franchise. There was nowhere else they can go that would make a difference.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine him in Atlanta on that turn in that city? Oho, I.
Speaker 4: Had to take my glasses off. Man. Listen, Hey, Breake London.
Speaker 5: With Jon Huh, with Kyle Pitts, with that, with that defense. I'm not saying that the Eagle defense. I'm not saying that the Bronco defense. But they're they're good enough.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know if they get Lamar, they're gonna be able to get Bejon because they're probably not going to be that bad to be able to ok.
Speaker 4: That age.
Speaker 1: So that would have been boy. Can you imagine him in the backfield Lamar and b.
Speaker 4: John they think about them to run a RP O Man stopped playing.
Speaker 1: But you know what I like Jon? I like Jean is an eye back. If you notice most of his stuff happened to die. If you go back and look at if you look at Oho, you look at Saturday the game, what formation did they have a king Henry?
Speaker 4: You were back there seven yards?
Speaker 5: He is on the line straight down hill with Pritchard, with Pretcher right in front of him. Most of the time. He like a Pretchell looking like looking like Lorenz O'Neill. My bad, I said it wrong. Yeah, it's all good.
Speaker 1: Hell, people don't realize he's three hundred pounds moving like that, the four back ways three hundred.
Speaker 5: Yes, hey don't hey he got Patrick. Yes, that's that's a well put together three hundred. Because he don't look nothing like that.
Speaker 2: I don't he don't.
Speaker 4: For sure he is here.
Speaker 2: They're throwing they don't really throw it to him.
Speaker 1: See, they don't use him like they use Caleus and Sam Frank, Sam Frank. Hey, they'll throw They'll throw him a screen, They'll throw him the ball down the field.
Speaker 2: He go down the field and catches like hold on, how you get your you know.
Speaker 1: It's called count to a similar play we used to call f to split where you know, to pull back, fake it, get up the field and they throw it to him behind the once the linebacker step up. But they throw it the coleustchick going down the field. But look, this is this might be.
Speaker 2: A lot of talk.
Speaker 1: Like you said, oh Jo, there's a little truth even in a lie, and maybe we're gonna find out.
Speaker 2: We just know this. They're gonna have to do something.
Speaker 1: They're not going to let him play on that seventy plus million dollar cap hit next year. They're going to do something. This team is going to look different next year than it does now. They've got to They've got it. Is an absolute must. Other than getting Lamar Jackson contract under control, whether you extend him or whatever, the games means. You've got to get past rushers. All you have to do is look at last night's game, when they couldn't get to the quarterback. You end up having a score of forty two to three.
Speaker 4: I got I got a question for you too.
Speaker 5: What if to be able to get the pass rushers, what if you want to get the pieces that you need to do and you you you end up letting Lamar go somewhere else to have the cap.
Speaker 4: Room to do just that.
Speaker 2: That defeat the purpose.
Speaker 5: But then that puts you further behind because then offensively, where you go from there, exactly where you go from there, because you're not going to get a quarter You're not going to get another Lamar Jack.
Speaker 2: Now, you're not gonna get an equal quarterback to.
Speaker 5: Lamars because the ones that would be equal to that are the league number one quarterbacks on other teams.
Speaker 1: They're dug in, They're not going anywhere. My problem is is that the problem that I've had with this this year's team is that Deck Henry should have had damn near nineteen hundred yards.
Speaker 4: Again, Yeah, he ain't that fault.
Speaker 1: Look at when they give him the football twenty to twenty.
Speaker 2: The man carried it thirty six times and he wasn't tired.
Speaker 1: No, you do real oh, Joe, you do realize he's like thirty plus yards away from fifteen hundred. Yeah, and people like, oh, he had a quiet think about it.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 1: He was like seventy yards away, almost eighty yards away from two k. He's already gotten a two thousand yard season on his belt. Then he comes Then he gets a nineteen twenty one the first time there. Now he comes back, he's at always fourteen hundred. Now we know the Steelers are style against the run. They're gonna do everything they can to try to take that away. But I don't care take it away.
Speaker 5: I meant to say that yesterday too, especially when you but you had to be so upset about your your thoughts.
Speaker 4: Sorry, honey, I forgot to say.
Speaker 5: I'm like, wait a minute, where you can give him the ball thirty times a game, you know, and do what you did last week, but you also playing the goddamn steal his defense that you not for the just impose your will on and run up and down the field like.
Speaker 4: You want to.
Speaker 2: I think he had.
Speaker 1: I think he had he had about seventy yards last time they played Ojo.
Speaker 5: Yeah, them boy, them boys coming down here and they coming to the party now.
Speaker 1: But the problem is is that it's just hard. Oh Joe, you know, it's hard when you pay a quarterback that kind of money to turn it to say, okay, well we just hand the ball off. When you got a Joe Burrow, when you got those guys like that, it's just hard because I paid you all this money to do what ojo for the football. But see, and I think the problem that we're running into that you run into. Do we think any less of John L. Wade because he had Terrell Davis?
Speaker 2: We don't. He won the Bowl.
Speaker 1: Everybody says John Elway won two Super Bowls. He was the MVP in his last one. Let that's ink end. So if Lamar has to hand the ball, if Derrick Henry has to run him to a championship, or if James Cook run Josh Allen to a championship, so we're gonna hold out.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: We don't hold out against Troy Aman. We don't hold against Tad Bradshaw because he had Emmitt Smith and Terry had Franco Harris.
Speaker 2: We don't hold that against him.
Speaker 1: But now, all of a sudden, now if a quarterback and elite quarterback has a nice running back, well he got carried. Do you realize I be looking up go back and look at the Steelers and look at what they had defensively and offensively. A Pro Bowl center, an excuse me, a Hall of Fame center, a Hall of Fame running back, two Hall of Fame receivers, five Hall of famers on defense, and a Hall of Fame owner, and a Hall of Fame coach.
Speaker 2: But don't nobody say he got carried. Look at what emmittt had.
Speaker 1: Michael Learvins is in the Hall of Fame, Larry Allen is in the Hall of Fame. Emmitt Smith is in the Hall of Fame. Charles Haley is in the Hall of Fame. Deon Sanders is in the Hall of Fame. Darren Woodson is on the ballot to be in the Hall of Fame. Nobody said, as these guys got carried. John Elway, Shannon Sharks in the Hall of Fame. Gary Zimmerman is in the Hall of Fame. To Real Davis is in the Hall of Fame. Steve Atward is in the Hall of Fame. Nobody says seven got carried. It depends on but we want to put because we want to devalue the guy, because we want to problem. We want to keep our guy up here. We'll devalue that the hell with y'all.
Speaker 5: Making up a reason on why, right, ain't nobody ain't nobody look ah.
Speaker 2: There ain't nobody. Judge jayleen Hurst did that he threw.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's nice to have a running game, But ain't nobody talking about no carried man.
Speaker 2: Y'all, y'all gotta stop this.
Speaker 1: Go back and look at the game, the Super Bowl that Peyton won, and see how many yards they rush for.
Speaker 2: Go back a look at it.
Speaker 4: Damn I forgot who that was. That was who was running edge? Was a running back?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, dad trading Joseph and Die and what's the other guy name? They had almost two hundred yards rushing against the Bears. But we gotta stop this. It's okay. At the end of the day, I'm trying to win. I don't care who's getting the credit. They're like, man, you ain't doing nothing in the Super Bowl. I got a ring, and they got just as many diamonds as John's got it, got just as many diamonds as TV's got. My ring got just as many diamonds, and all three of those guys with the MVPs my ring just as big as bears.
Speaker 4: Well you got your ring in that with you?
Speaker 1: Uh, uh, they had a safety deposit box and and uh, and I want to.
Speaker 4: See you know, I ain't never seen no Super Bowl ring. I want a few of them on mad.
Speaker 2: But Dominique roads roads.
Speaker 4: Remember Dominique. And I ain't never seen no super Bowl ring up closed. I want to see it.
Speaker 1: But at them things and got mad. Them things so big now, old Joe, Oh you're small. Yeah yeah, they like normal size. I don't know, I don't know when they got you remember those those ring those three finger rings.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, back.
Speaker 1: I don't know when they started making super Bowl rings that big, but that's what they are now. And I think each year because somebody's like, oh, man, man, you see the Patriots man, the Patriots ring this big, Well, I gotta be bigger than there. And they said, man, you saw the Patriots man, you saw the chiefe the Chiefs like, I've got to be bigger than the Patriots. And then you get, uh, you get the Rams saying I gotta be bigger than the Chiefs, and you get the Eagle said I've got to be bigger than So I mean pretty soon, o't joke. Pretty soon, I was they're gonna get them medallion. They're gonna be looking at flavor.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm gonna get me a ring maid on.
Speaker 2: Well you go to you go to jameson.
Speaker 1: John what I think there's only like that I can call off the top of my head. Jostin's bow for because Johstin and Balfor used to do class. Now most everybody when they go to get rings b n B A w n B A NHL Hill.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jada playing, he made a couple of pieces for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got a couple of pews from Jay's good do man.
Speaker 1: I like it, Uh, John Arbrod now is today it would be if it's to beat to be determined whether Lamar Jackson can play Sunday Night against the Steelers with your crowd the AFC North Champ. Harboy said he's coming off a very serious injury and he's working at it. I think we'll know a lot more Wednesday, James Harrison and Uh James Harrison had some interesting thoughts on lamar snoop hunting debate. Let's take a listen to what Deebo had to say on he De Boy and Joe early this morning.
Speaker 6: Right now, I hope Lamar comes back, bro because I wouldn't right, you right want him him because the Hunt League can get a gear right now that Lamar Jackson can't get to or is afraid to get to because he's gonna pull something. And I also think that with Lamar in there, we gonna have a better chance of winning simply because the Ravens, I feel, would be stupid enough not to give Derrick Henry the ball thirty five to forty two.
Speaker 4: Ah, I like what he said. I like what he said.
Speaker 2: Oh, you like what he said. But when I said that last thought you.
Speaker 4: I like what he said, but that's not gonna happen. What's the first thing I said, Lamar? If Lamar is healthy, he's gonna play.
Speaker 5: Matter of fact, nobody's healthy this time of the season, right, Lamar has a back in tusion with that need that went to his back, right, So whatever he's to do, he's playing his last game. Who gives him the best chance to win having Lamar Jackson a quarterback. If Lamar Jackson plays right, and then you have to worry about the threat of Derrick Henry as well, and you have to worry about the threat of Lamar Jackson and his legs, even if it's Lamar Jackson as seventy percent. He still can be efficient and do things that other quarterbacks can't do. I think it's it's okay use that for him, because you know Lamar is hurt.
Speaker 4: What do you do?
Speaker 5: We're going to put the onus of the offense on Derrek Henry's shoulders instead of Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 1: I mean as but if that's the case, why not go with it? Why not go with a healthy guy? Give me, give me Lamar. Since he's been back his rush totals because he's he's running for a career low. He was averaging fifty plus yards a game.
Speaker 5: You do have to understand Lamar. Lamar is a throw a throw first quarterback. Now he's not just dropping back. Oh my first read or my first reading out there.
Speaker 1: I'm not worried. I'm not worried about it. I'm not I wanted a digression and lame mess your question. As the defensive coordinator, you're more concerned about his arms or his legs.
Speaker 4: Both because it improved Hell as a passer. He just threw for forty one five last year. What are we talking about?
Speaker 1: I'm just ocho. I'm just saying I'm more concerned about his legs.
Speaker 5: Because he's a threat there as well. But this is the same quarterback that just threw for forty one touchdowns and five as Yes, he had Aaron Rodgers and Prive numbers.
Speaker 1: Okay, in twelve Stars this year, Lamar Jackson is six and six. He's thrown for less than one hundred and ninety three yards per game, which ranks twenty fourth among quarterbacks with at least ten games played. His three hundred and forty yards rushing is a career low. And filling in for Jackson, Huntley has won both of his starts, beating the playoffs Chicago Bears and the Green Bay Packers. In those starts, Huntley has completed seventy nine percent of his passes, two hundred and ninety three yards, two touchdowns, no interceptions. He's also run four hundred and thirteen yards and two starts.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: Now, one guy in twelve starts have a three hundred and forty yards rushing, another guy in two starts have one hundred and thirteen yards rushing, and he ain't beat no pushovers. Because I know what you want to say in chat. I know y'all want to say, are the Chicago Bears any good?
Speaker 4: Are they good? They are great?
Speaker 2: No, I'm just.
Speaker 4: They are great this year.
Speaker 1: So I'm just it's a it's a rhetorded question, though, Joe, he ain't for you to answer them. So, hey, Chad, are the Bears any good? Or do we think the Green bat packers?
Speaker 2: An? That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: O Joe, I'm looking at it like since he's been back, I don't know if he's afraid. And I think he's afraid to run on Joe because he knows that hamstring is not one hundred percent. And the last Oh, Joe, you know, when you got a hamstring, you ain't finna open up. I don't give damn what nobody say. Anybody say you're gonna open up when you got some tweak has never had anything to ye because if you had a tweet, ah nah Son, hey son, you got to get it.
Speaker 2: Bro, this is all I got. Ain't no getting Uh.
Speaker 1: So it's gonna be Look, it's gonna be very interesting to see. And I think the thing is the biggest thing. Look, sometimes you have to save us for ourselves, Goto, because like you say, we play football, we want to play. We want to play that's in us. I want to be there for my guys. But I think Lamar's gonna have to be honest with himself. Can I I if the rubber needs to meet the road and I need and I need to open up, will I be able to open it up?
Speaker 2: See?
Speaker 1: Oh joe, But they used to have the thing chat anybody that's my age. You're a little older, you know, they used to have a stock like in your car. Oh yo, you can only master the pedal down so far before it was Yeah, you do you want all the now so far before? Stop on, Joe. But you know we got slick. We take it out. Hey, So that's the question. Because they only wanted the car to go so fast. That's also why they got that little mechanism right there, oh joe, where the car hit that far as it goes as far as it goes right there?
Speaker 2: But see, then guess what they say. You know what?
Speaker 1: They want to go faster. I want something to run out of numbers. I don't know where it stop, go back right, go back round the team.
Speaker 4: Be t uh, Hey, I all that. Oh that's a tough way. That's tough.
Speaker 1: But that's why you that's why you're the head coach. That's why you make the decisions. You're gonna have to assess this in practice. You have to look at him in practice on Joe and see. And it's hard because I don't.
Speaker 2: Want to wait.
Speaker 1: When I go to the Jim Mojo, I don't really be doing no warming up them reps count. I go in the gym and get right up onto something and start lifting. Jordan take by forty five minutes to warm up. I said, Man, them reps they count. I got like sixty reps in me. If I warm up a twinty, I got forty reps. I ain't doing all the No, I'm good to go. I get in there, Hey, I'm good. Get you paid. So that's the thing is, O Joe, I don't want them to do anything that that a jeopardizer or aggravated or irritate. Aggravate means to work, make worse, irritate means to bother. I just don't like a gnat like a fly, O Joe, that bothers them fly. They don't make things worth. Ain't nothing gonna be?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just don't.
Speaker 5: I don't like the discourses with Lamar having it down here, having injuries to deal with and now we help stay out of you know, the facility in the organization and about trading and just stuff like that. It just it just shouldn't come about because you would never hear anything like that about Patrick Mahomes. You never hear anything like that about Joe Burrow, Josh any of these other top top tier quarterbacks like La Jackson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you see Josh, what didn't Josh get that money?
Speaker 1: You see, Josh got his money because remember they said they was gonna take care of this Lamar don't need to worry about anything. So I don't know if that was in the back of his mind or Joe he saw what Josh Allen got. Josh Allen got paid, got two hundred and sixty five million, fully guaranteed three hundred and three you know, guarante, whatever the case may be. With Joe, And I don't know if that maybe that was in the back of his mind, maybe like, oh, bro, y'all told me, y'all gonna take care of me.
Speaker 2: I wasn't gonna be in this situation. But yet ye.
Speaker 5: And it's the thing about it, if you don't want to take care of him, go ahead and let him go. Somebody else will play play Clay, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, absolutely, So we're going to find out. We'll we'll know more. Tomorrow is an off day, nobody really doing anything then. But as Wednesday and Thursday, we'll see how he's progressing. They'll start saying Lamark. You know, they're probably not gonna have Lamar do a whole lot while practice is open, the media is there. They normally come the first fifteen minutes of an open practice and then they have to get out of there, so they won't The media will not have a really good indication of what's going on.
Speaker 2: But we'll see Friday and as the week.
Speaker 1: As it wanes down later in the week, as it moves closer to Sunday, we'll see what they're saying.
Speaker 4: Damn Man.
Speaker 1: Adam Schefter estimate the Steelers Ravens upcoming NFL season finale will have a border a broader implication on John Harbar and Mike Tomlin's job security. Schefter said today, somebody's going to lose that game, and somebody's going to lose. And when somebody loses that game, we heard the Steeler fans channing fire Mike Tomas Earlier this year, we've heard Ravens fans saying they could should be a conversation about John Harbaugh after the season. One of those fan bases is going to be unhappy. Sheefter says in the realm of possibility that Mike Tomlin leaves the Stealer where they lost on Sunday and goals does TV next season or coaching somewhere else in twenty twenty six, Oh, Joe me, I don't see a scenario in which Mike Tomlin leaves and goes into TV. But what do you think is gonna happen? What like, like you said, somebody gotta.
Speaker 5: Lose, somebody has to lose. Honestly, on I don't see Mike Tomlin. One thing the Seedlers have never done. The Steelers have never fired anybody. They've never fired anybody, if I'm.
Speaker 2: Not well, not anybody since nineteen sixty nine.
Speaker 5: And I don't think it's gonna happen now. It's never been a part of what they do. I just now Harball on the other instance, I mean, are the are the Ravens closer to winning with Harball at the helm? Do they need another voice? You always say in that building may maybe so, I'm not sure how they feel about them. There's so many different things that need to go go right for the Ravens now for them to get back in contention and be able to compete, you know, for the Lombardi no year in a year out the one they gotta.
Speaker 4: You gotta get your quarterback situation right.
Speaker 2: I don't think either. I don't think either is close.
Speaker 5: But listen, well, changing coaches put you further behind the ball. It don't put you no closer. You take, tear it down and build it back up.
Speaker 2: That makes your question, did it uh move Chicago closer? For other way?
Speaker 4: What do they have in place? What's the one important piece of every team?
Speaker 2: You say they got Lamar Jackson, you say they got it what they need?
Speaker 4: What? Damn?
Speaker 2: I need you to make up your mind. Either Lamar is that or he is Yes, he is that.
Speaker 1: Okay, So the quarterback is going to do what we're talking about. Coaching, we don't move, okay.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, change and changing the coaching well hell coaching.
Speaker 5: Harvard don't play defense, he don't play dB and he definitely ain't no defense in.
Speaker 2: Y'all. You know what?
Speaker 4: You know what pieces your team need to be able to compete, and they don't have it right now. They just don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think either team is close, And I don't think either team is close with the coaches that they have.
Speaker 4: How about this, What do you think about Brian Floyd is coming up coming to Baltimore?
Speaker 2: Who is gonna be as oc do I think? I? Look?
Speaker 1: I me personally, they need personnel. They need better personnel on defense. They need they need a right guard, but they need defense at the end. Yang could they use another receiver?
Speaker 2: Yeah? They need big.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know what what what happened with Rashad Bateman this year? He is a bigger receiver. Uh, but they need they need a big receiver. Watch Kansas City gonna go get a big receiver.
Speaker 4: God damn Candy City got a slew of them boys over there.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 4: I mean we I mean we talked about she Rice last year like he was the second coming.
Speaker 1: Ain't got a huge catch radius? When you got guys five eight, five, nine, five ten on your how big is the catch radios?
Speaker 4: Right? He tall?
Speaker 6: Ain't he?
Speaker 4: I thought he was like six four six five.
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm but you know on TV, I ain't never seen him in person?
Speaker 2: Boy, how tall? Right? Six foot?
Speaker 4: He looked tall as hell on TV.
Speaker 2: No, he doesn't look tall to me. They said he's sixty one.
Speaker 4: Okay, so he uh he?
Speaker 2: But how tall is Hollywood? Okay?
Speaker 4: Hollywood short?
Speaker 2: They short?
Speaker 4: I mean I see them all the time. They from the crib.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm how tall? How tall is h Yuju? Is Juju? Six foot tall?
Speaker 4: Juju not tall either?
Speaker 2: The Juju six one?
Speaker 4: Shoot, I'm six four. They could bring me back.
Speaker 2: I think I might be able to run Juju though.
Speaker 4: Juju never a burner unt burner.
Speaker 2: So if he wasn't a burner eight years ago, how fast is he now?
Speaker 4: A little bit slower, a tad bit. He might not know it?
Speaker 2: Oh he knows it.
Speaker 5: You know, Hey, a A these team need a weapon. Man, I'm always available. I'm always available.
Speaker 1: I look at it like this here, Oh Joe, If a team can five Bill Belachack with six Super Bowls and ten Super Bowl appearances, guy, dang, they can five Mike Tomlin and John that.
Speaker 4: When listen, when you when you use that analogy.
Speaker 5: Perspective, you know, for for better context, that's that's that's a possibility.
Speaker 4: But you gonna understand.
Speaker 5: What message are you sending your team, your players, and your fans when you say, you know what, we're letting Harball go, We're letting Mike Tomin go, We're starting all of it from scratch.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this when you throw, we throw furniture and putting new furniture in, and what messages you sinding?
Speaker 4: Well, you ain't got the good you ain't got the furniture to bring in. How about that got what you mean what furniture're gonna bring in?
Speaker 2: A new coach's furniture?
Speaker 4: Damn you you got new furniture. We still got the same people sitting on it. What's ship?
Speaker 2: What's gonna be the difference?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You the same people when your grandma got new, got a new catch it got the old count your stack, yo, You and Chouncey was still had your ass hold the couch.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, hey, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 5: Like all Jesus side, the Ravens organization, the Steelers organization, they have some tough decisions to make.
Speaker 4: I'm very very very tough ones.
Speaker 5: And and and honestly, for me, the fact that the way Lamar is being done because he's had this one injury see this one injury prone season and the stuff coming out about him that we knew nothing about, and all of a sudden, people that are not in that building, they all of a sudden know about It means just coming from inside the house, you know.
Speaker 4: So you know at that point, I I would much.
Speaker 5: Rather him have new scenery, go somewhere else, and and and and start and start over.
Speaker 2: I give a prime example, look at Andy Reid.
Speaker 4: They fired Andy.
Speaker 1: He went to Kansas City. Now he's the Hall of Fame. Now you can make a case that he's a top five coaching in the game. Jeffrey Lourie had to say, you know what, you was taking us as.
Speaker 2: Far as we can go.
Speaker 1: Maybe Mike Tomlin and John Harbaugh is taking these teems as far as they can take them. Maybe it's somebody else need to navigate.
Speaker 2: And that's okay.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying they're bad coaches, but maybe it's just time for a different voice to be heard in the locker room.
Speaker 4: Damn, hey, ye, that time for a new voice.
Speaker 2: Outlier.
Speaker 1: Everybody's outlined. So what what was Tom Brady? Tom Brady with he's an outlier. Let me get this right. Peyton Manning he's an outlier. Of course they're outliers.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm just saying, so what you just hold so.
Speaker 2: You just hold on to him.
Speaker 1: I guess it sounds good. Though Mike Tomlin has never had a losing season. I thought the job was the win. I thought the job was to win and win championships. So in the last decade, how close have the Steelers come to winning a championship?
Speaker 2: Realistically?
Speaker 1: Let's be honest, making the playoffs just because you make the player come on, because they've been They've lost the first round every time in the last decade. So realistically, how close have they been? I'm waiting on you Steeler fans. I know y'all black and yellow and all that, the terrible towels. How close Stealer fans? Realistically in the last decade have you been to winning a championship?
Speaker 4: You know you got affiliation over there in Baltimore? Huh you played that you want to ring there? You know what that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I'm realistic.
Speaker 5: I was realistic with the prom I don't even see why I'm going with it though. That opportunity for you know, a head, can you imagine that?
Speaker 4: Coach shark, no coach shark.
Speaker 1: I don't want to I don't want no part I like talking about football. I don't want to look at those tape. I don't want to look at tape and try to evaluate players and bring players in and none of that.
Speaker 2: You know that, you know, I got my time.
Speaker 4: Exactly what you're looking for?
Speaker 2: You know what you do.
Speaker 4: You don't be the perfect person for the job. And that's that's the problem.
Speaker 2: God, is what I looking for? You something about five five seven five?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I mean that's what I'm trying to evaluate. I mean, see see you saying I know what I'm looking for.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, goody.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay? How many? How many do they?
Speaker 5: How long before your approbation? You know, I gotturday thirty?
Speaker 2: Are you good?
Speaker 4: You good?
Speaker 2: You good?
Speaker 4: You good?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 5: But I listen, I'm first one on board, Lamar. I know shit, Lamar might be watching honestly, all hey, it's so funny. All them all them boys be tuned in. Uh and they don't even but they don't. They don't type nothing in the in the chat. They be tuned in.
Speaker 2: Oh yo, insane. Statord Steelers are winners O four and one of the last.
Speaker 1: Five games versus teams entering with eight plus games below five hundred times, the longest streak in NFL history, and twenty two they lost.
Speaker 2: Excuse me.
Speaker 1: In twenty twenty, they lost to the Bengals, who were two ten and one. In twenty one, they tied the o and eight Lions. In twenty twenty three, they lost to the two and ten Cardinals. In twenty three, they lost to the two in ten Patriots. In twenty five, they lost to the three and twelve Browns.
Speaker 4: Hey you think Sterling want to coach? What?
Speaker 2: No, bro, I can't get it to come on once a month, he tell my coach.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, Hey, you're a brilliant mind when it comes to the game, and I'm telling you are probably what not only the NFL needs, but the players in today's game need. Even the players it's a different era, but you coming in with those your old ways and mixing that and balancing it in moderation, allowing them to have a little structural discipline.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you, I'm telling you.
Speaker 5: You keep denying, You keep denying God's calling, and that's the problem. Yeah, I come be your assistant.
Speaker 2: Now. I'm good. Mm hmm. I don't watch enough tape as it is. I don't.
Speaker 1: I ain't got time for guys to come and be coming in late. Because I don't, I don't do the excuse thing.
Speaker 7: They were not gonna come in late with you. That's what I'm trying to make. I fake the figure because I had to learn. I had to learn with Club Shay Shay. Because you know, I'm thinking the interview. They say one o'clock, they say twelve o'clock. Okay, twelve o'clock we're starting. We're starting twelve fifteen, twelve thirty one, one thirty.
Speaker 5: You know two olock famous people. They famous people will be on their own time. They ain't got no regard for nobody else time.
Speaker 2: They're the one that set the time up. Yeah, they how you set the time up in.
Speaker 5: Late head make up and all that. You notice when we did our club Cha Shae, You notice I was there thirty forty minutes early. I wouldn't go quite thirty forty minute early, but you were, you were, You were thirty.
Speaker 4: Forty minutes early because I was outside smoking a cigar. I beat you there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I said it was gonna be at one o'clock. I got there twelve forty five, and I
Speaker 5: Got there twelve ten because I knew I wanted to smoke and drink my coffee outside and see, I'll be on I be on time, like my God on time.