Speaker 1: You're listening to Fox Sports Radio Radio.
Speaker 2: Coops Off, Welcome to the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 3: We are the most unathletically decorated show in radio history.
Speaker 4: I think America's most revered sports talks.
Speaker 2: You respect the position that you.
Speaker 4: Have, but today Dan Patrick and the Four Day Nuts are not here. So setting in for Dan Patrick and hosting the Dan Patrick Show, here's Fox Sports Radios odd couple, Rob Parker and Kelvin Washington Indeed on a.
Speaker 3: Funky flashback Friday, our number three. This is the Dan Patrick Show, no no doubt about it, and we are the odd couple.
Speaker 2: Rob Parker, Kelvin Washington City in for Dan.
Speaker 3: Dan that's you could catch the Odd Couple Monday through Friday, seven to ten pm Eastern on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Show that delivers.
Speaker 3: Fun work, that's fun and informative and values your opinion.
Speaker 2: Jack Kevin, I like that.
Speaker 5: Listen, man, we made it through the week. We know what your week was last weekend. I'm not gonna tell the Dann Patrick audience. They don't need to know about your No, what are people saying about you? Well, people were coming up to you.
Speaker 4: In Atlanta.
Speaker 3: We went to the National Association to the Black Journalist Convention Kelvin and I did not get thumbs down at all.
Speaker 5: I mean I had away sideways, sideways, some sideways. I guess it's all right. No, no, people listen. We had a great time and but no, definitely it is. There's been a post conference conversations that have happened Rob where people are like, oh man, you boy, Rob dang, what happened to Rob shoe? His shoe was talking and and and then some other people shoe exploded.
Speaker 3: My Jordan's my one of my favorite pair of all black on black Jordans fives. They just came apart. I don't know if it was the sticky floor at Magic City.
Speaker 2: I have no idea what.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna lie seeing Rob g seeing this grown man and you know, his advanced age, walk back into the hotel lobby up the escalator, mind you, with one shoe off. It was in my head hand the shoes flapping open, and we all know where he was, and we know what kind of night it was.
Speaker 2: It was. It was a sight to behold.
Speaker 6: Rob.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna lie. Only you could pull that off and and and then live to tell about it.
Speaker 2: So I need to know where you what they dancing for you or were you dancing for them? I'm making a couple of moves. That's right.
Speaker 3: It was that kind of a night and it was a lot of fun. We do want to say coming up here on the Dan Patrick Show, we're going to talk with us Sean King, the former NFL quarterback and of course Fox Sports Radio NFL analyst, so we'll have him coming up. We got a lot to get to in this final hour of the program. I can't believe two hours down already.
Speaker 2: Look at you made it. You're still here.
Speaker 3: I am, and we will not nt be on the odd couple tonight. Normally we'll do a double dip.
Speaker 2: I would at.
Speaker 3: Least, just can't do it scheduling, why yes, So instead we have a Feelings tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That who's coming in, Uh, Martin Weison from Salam.
Speaker 3: Okay, Martin wiss and from Salam. They'll be in for US seven to ten pm.
Speaker 6: And it's gonna be a great show. You should definitely listen and watch it.
Speaker 2: It's still gonna be a good listen even though it show some enthusiasts. Right, I'm not ripping the show.
Speaker 5: It was an improving on how you did it yesterday. Yesterday was true? Ridiculous? How you did it?
Speaker 2: So you haven't? Who smart?
Speaker 7: Who?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: Are you sure? Rob G? Is that real? They're doing our show? They're doing our show? Did I approve that? Tell them they can't call it the our couple? No, just tell them it's a couple. That's right.
Speaker 3: You just called the leftovers, just a couple of leftovers here on our fove sports for I like that, Alex, A couple of left's the show.
Speaker 2: We gotta have to make an open for when people feeling.
Speaker 5: There should be this is the well, it's the leftovers. Rob and Kelvin aren't here.
Speaker 7: Hope you have a microwave, because it's okay.
Speaker 2: It's okay, hey, rob G.
Speaker 3: College football season is on the doorstep about to get started.
Speaker 6: Well before that, we got the youtubeians. Man, the odds woke up early with us. They want to weigh in on the chiming in. Of course they are. Jed made a very good point today, Jed, Jay, you want to weigh in check us out on YouTube and reading Common Rights show says. By watching today, we are assured why Rob was banned from the Damp having made loud yelling hayting on everything.
Speaker 5: Loud. It's so funny because all my life I've been told I was loud all my friend's parents. You know, sleep your your voice carries quite down. And then all of a sudden, I've been doing the show with you, and no one ever says I'm loud. Well, maybe once or twice, but they say you are always loud.
Speaker 6: And then Shawne Sacramento, who called in an hour one what he say? He has an entire narrative about how this thing's going on. In the background. He says, you know, Rob G is telling the detective says, so we hear you know something about Robert Parker, and then me saying it's Robert Lee Parker Junior. First, where do you want to start? Tax fraud or stripper traffickame? Wait a minute, Wait a minute.
Speaker 5: The worst part about it is Rob G is I have been witnessing some of these crimes you and I. You know, ROBBG. I'll get back home and I'll say, I swear, Alex, I swear I had the steakhouse receipt, my receipt.
Speaker 2: Rob Kelvin, I'm sorry, did you go out to dinner you get to receipt? Did you get your receipt. Yes that I used that. I have my receipt. Rob, Why are you asking you about my RECEI.
Speaker 3: Guy's got some nerve talking about tax forw right on the national radio show Thank You.
Speaker 2: How much was your DM leftover?
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, gosh, we got some more. Just a lot of people weighing in six eight six, all right stuff. And this one, I'm just gonna remind me how fat I am. I didn't want to read this one, but Alex said I had.
Speaker 2: Okay, here it is wayman, it's not about you.
Speaker 6: It's not about either one of you. I didn't want to read it. Uh neilad I think he says, says man, Rob g built like a notebook. He got the posture of a French toastick. Wow, what did that even mean?
Speaker 5: Well, as somebody who has three daughters and I make French show sticks all the time, you are very French toastick.
Speaker 2: What did that even mean? I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know if he wants to stop you up with some syrup. I don't know what he's trying to say, But no, you do. I think it's that he's saying you're kind of sometimes they bend a little bit.
Speaker 2: Just maybe your head is bringing you down a little bit. That is messed up, Robie. You're supposed to be looking good. Your wife shined off on this.
Speaker 3: You know you're losing weight, You're getting no more jabs right an stop the CASKI drops. Rob's talking about You're not gonna stop. You're not done never.
Speaker 6: This is ready, So I don't got to get ready, you know what I mean? This is the restaurant idea. All I know is when Barry Bonds was good and they became great, I'm trying to be good.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: Hey, real talk, real real talk. So there's uh, you know, me and the girls. We go to YMCA my daughters and I saw a guy I had seen in a while. He works there, and I'm like, man, you know he didn't thin all right, maybe whatever. A couple of months ago by see McGain Alex Borderline disappeared and I'm like.
Speaker 2: Man, how much he lost? No?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, he wasn't that big. That's the That's the thing about the is like Robber never really needed the jab. Just going to gym for three months he'd have been fine. So I'm like, hey, man, Dag you're looking thing what you been doing. He's like, oh man, I've been working out hard. And I'm like, okay, great. Then I see him again. Now it's borderline concerning, like okay, his face is and mantid like. I'm like, like, what is going on here? I don't see him again, Alex for a couple of months.
Speaker 2: Stop. Dude is like seventy pounds heavier.
Speaker 5: So what I think happened was to Rob GI's point, he got off thought he was good.
Speaker 2: You know, I can do whatever I wanted to do. Yeah, and they can't put it.
Speaker 5: And they say, for some people, you put on more weight than you had when you started. If you if you don't you know monitor it. I saw that guy again, Alex, and I was.
Speaker 2: Like, whoa Rod Parker?
Speaker 6: Though he wouldn't know, I was saying Robs, like I can relate to that story.
Speaker 5: Hey, notice I didn't say his name. It might have been Rob Parker. I didn't put a name.
Speaker 6: You know, we ever heard Rob making his trainer once in the last four and a half months.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know what, there's a story behind it. But I want to get into our god when he.
Speaker 2: Was mad at your numbers or something. No, no, no, no, he wanted me to work out thirty minutes a day. Because you believe that, ro can you believe it what he charged me.
Speaker 5: Down?
Speaker 3: You're onto something to kill now. I got the bill after the first month.
Speaker 2: Am I doing this real? I'm sure you had to agree to the price? Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Alright anyway, rob G college football is.
Speaker 6: Uh a right, yeah, college football right around the corner. We had Robert Smith and hour to check that. We had a good conversation with him. A lot of off the field storylines going on in college football, and there is another one off the field that's kind of percolating, and it's not in a good way. Because Deon Sanders Colorado Buffaloes, you know, they were the new hotness twenty twenty three. They had higher ratings for their game against the Oregon than the same day Notre Dame Ohio State. And if you remember, Oregon beat the Brakes off of Colorado. People didn't care. They want to see coach prime shador, Travis Hunter. Everybody was locked in well. Front Office Sports revealed that since that phenomenal twenty twenty three season, it's been a ratings disaster, sixty seven percent drop in television interest in Colorado, and they're projecting with the team they have this season, coming off the year they just had, it's gonna get even worse for Coach Prime and company.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 5: I don't see the ratings all of a sudden taking a jump back there, spiking back to what they were rob You know this, anytime there's something a novelty, right, there's a new guy, new coach.
Speaker 2: New thing, new hotness for sure.
Speaker 5: So that that absolutely makes sense to me when you look at what he brought when you got a guy and Travis Hunter coming all the way to Colorado. Obviously his sons, who by the way, had been on TV been stars, and not to mention, Coach Prime too already a star just naturally from his playing days and what he had been post playing days.
Speaker 2: So the hype was there.
Speaker 5: And one of the things he does well is he it's been a mentor and been kind of that that unk to so many people that people love him in general. So they're gonna show up, they're gonna support, they're gonna be there on the sideline. And it looks cool like when USC was thriving with Pete Carroll and you had Snoop and Will Ferrell and everybody hanging out on the sideline. So I do think an element of the fanfare will go away. You'll still get people because people love him. Certain rappers, certain entertainers, certain former athletes are gonna come support their guy, period. But I look at it more like this. To me, this year is gonna be big for him because I'm looking at it. A first year, they improve and they won one game. The year before they come, they win four. They were one and eleven. The season before, okay, they're four and eight. The next year, the second year with him, they're nine and four. They're seven two in the Big twelve. And so you got something cooking. You're right, you got a Heisman Trophy winner as well. Your son played well, and both sons played well, but especially Shador. And then last year, which was year three, Rob three and nine. And so the question to me becomes, and now he was going through hell stuff. He had a part of potty on the sideline because the man was dealing with prostuted.
Speaker 2: Giving him you're giving him a pass.
Speaker 5: Because of that will get me because if a coach is dealing with all of that, I'm asking you what I say, you just saying that's the reason, that's the regular the reason I'm so I'm saying, if I'm if I'm the athletic director, I'm saying, you just lost a bunch of talent. That happens, and then also you're dealing with major health implication the man I think it was prostate cancer.
Speaker 2: I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 5: So my point is this year is going to be a better test of are you closer to the nine win season? Are you closer to the three last season? I think that's what.
Speaker 3: But I don't even think there's a really what what expectations do they have? You think they're going to be closer to the nine win season. I'm just saying, you know, I'm not. That's what I'm saying. But you know I said closer, meaning you don't have to only win three Say they won three games. Say they win three games? Should he be fired?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: They're not firing.
Speaker 3: No, that's not what I asked you about. What I'm asking you. Should he be if they turn in another three win season? Should he be fired at Colorado?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: I think I will give him one more year. I'll tell you why real quick. I'll answer your question why for me, if I'm looking at it realistically at Colorado, what he has brought, the tickets, if sold, the fan fare, I got a Heisman Trophy winner, eternally, that stuff does me stuff when it comes to the fanfare of a team, and.
Speaker 3: I can get them when you're not winning and you have to come up with a reason to.
Speaker 2: Keep and I haven't been winning.
Speaker 5: That's the point, and so I want to get I would give them one more season and then then we'll reassess after that. But I asked Colorado, I want to know again that nine win season. We had some great players. We know one and one was a high draft taket travels.
Speaker 3: So if you won one game against the ranked opponent and the time he's been there, so you keep talking about what they've done the turnaround, they haven't beaten anybody who they won one game against the ranked opponents since been there.
Speaker 5: I can only beat in front of me, and I beat my conference. I was seven and two in the Big Twelve at that time.
Speaker 2: I just I don't I don't buy into it.
Speaker 3: And the whole notion that people showed up it was just something to do. Nobody was really in the Colorado football where's Shannon Sharp and Steven A walking around on the sidelines. Where's Lil Wayne with his concerts? All that stride up? Because there's nothing there. If you really believe that there was something going on there, you wouldn't just abandon Dion like they have. They were there for themselves because it was a place to be seen at, not because they believe Deon Sanders had turned around the program or he was building something special to be a part of. They all dropped Dion.
Speaker 2: They all ran the other way.
Speaker 3: He's not getting the players that you might have thought he would be getting with his high profile. And he's an extraordinary athlete who played Major League baseball and football at the highest level. To be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame he has, he checks all the boxes. He's a great orator, he's a great motivator.
Speaker 2: He's very power.
Speaker 3: There's a million things I like about Dion, But I'm not gonna sit here and act like he's done something at.
Speaker 2: Colorado and ask you a question wrong to change things. I don't believe it.
Speaker 5: You You you are a professor here in la usc You are a man who's going to twenty two colleges and universities. So you understand as much as they like to sell us on the idea of higher education, and it's all about that. You know, they're businesses, right, And when you start to look at the fact that they say publicity advertising value that they estimate because of him, they made maybe three billion dollars, they talk about what the school has made ninety million in advertising revenue and then specifically in ticket sales. The first year thirty one million, last year twenty four million.
Speaker 2: So my point is that's going down. It's going down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what I'm saying, they're making massive money. Let's not act like that doesn't help in these types of things. I agree, I'm not saying it all about this. It's a lot of Alabamas.
Speaker 3: Say why that doesn't work is that a lot of these big colleges they sell out regardless.
Speaker 2: Of the of who today to Colorado.
Speaker 5: Colorado, ain't that I'll give you.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying is they're gonna sell out of you living in Boulder. There's not much going on. You got six home games is all you have. Ain't nothing else going on in Boulder. I hate to break it to you, and you're gonna go out on a Saturday afternoon in the fall and go to football games because that's what you're in towns.
Speaker 2: You don't want to take Coles with me, that's all.
Speaker 3: And all I'm saying is you're giving Dion a big pass. And at some point you got to take a look at the program and see, really which way it's going. But they win three games again, dude, you got to start to look and say, is he really has he really done that? Or did he just catch lightning in a bottle for that one that one year? And and uh rob g. Who was the school that they beat a game was TCU. I don't remember the national because you don't believe. You don't believe that's your.
Speaker 2: No, I don't go, babie, come o, ride gov run. They'll be like that, brother, you see what we do it over here? Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then we realized after they beat TCU that was a school that was in the national championship the previous year. We realized all of a sudden that TCU wasn't that good, and so that win didn't feel nearly as good as maybe people thought it would happen.
Speaker 2: Is not a believer, just say it. I'm not a believer. I'm a believer. I'll sue you ry, Yeah, I'll show you.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 3: Eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox eight seven seven nine nine, six sixty three sixty nine. Has Deon Sanders really changed the football program at Colorado? Kelvin is all in, I'm all the way out. We'll continue that conversation next with you. It is the Odd Couple in for Dan Patrick, and we want to hear from you. This is a radio show, not some lame podcasts delivered by some ex players who have no pushback and information to give you. This is a real, real radio show and we want to hear from you. Eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. And they say, I'm.
Speaker 2: Too loud and it's the morning, and I'm gonna take it down just a little bit.
Speaker 5: Don't fall for the Days, right, that's the problems for it was one one person. Now you calling them the Days one person?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: It is the Odd Couple on Fox Sports Radio. Stick and stay.
Speaker 2: Unless it's a little too loud for you.
Speaker 4: In the USFA, Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 3: This is Rob Parker, and I'm here with an important public service announcement. Whatever you do, do not listen to the Paulie and Tony Fusco Show. Fox Sports Radio asked me to do a promo, but I'm here to do a no mo, as in, don't listen to this show. No mo the host of two fools from Philly who have the dumbest takes ever in all of sports talk. And you know, if I'm saying that, they must really be bad. I have no idea why Fox Sports Radio picked this up, but I know where to put it down in the trash can. So please don't listen to the Paulie and Tony Fusco Show. No way, no how, Elijah.
Speaker 5: We might need you to put the pause up on the screen just because you missed a while wan to hear Rod Parker. We can't even go there with you. We won't even say it, Alex, don't worry about it. But you missed a wire. Yeah, you missed too early.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: We don't want to be banned from the Dan Patrick Show permanently, although it might be too late, might be too late dealing with you. Sean can't come up in a little bit, We'll be down with the kid, we will be down with the king. It's the odd couple Rod Parker, Kevin Washington filling in for the damn Patrick show. Dan and the Donnuts are off, but appreciate us allowing us to be in. Have you ever wiped with the piece of dry toilet paper and wonder is this as good as it gets?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 5: It is not switched to life changing wet extra large flushable dude wipes because wetter just cleans better. Available at Amazon and major Retailerzation Wide Dude Wipes best.
Speaker 2: Clean pants guys. Some calls about Coach Prime down there, come oke a Robbie to believe a baby.
Speaker 7: I love I love you, Kate, I yeah, I love you, said you know, allowing us to fill in for us. I love that I said that you did forty and slippers something because we could have said no, but we said yes.
Speaker 5: I wasn't gonna say it, Roger, you know what I mean. We couldn't said nobe. We gonna be doing that. We love damn Paggie, but we go a couple of baby all Fox, Okay, thank you, coach?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: How about James in Detroit you're on the odd couple of Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: What's up, James?
Speaker 8: What they killed me? Man? You you sound like a cheerleader for the Sanders family.
Speaker 2: Bro, that's the problem.
Speaker 9: Jase, Hey, how much flag.
Speaker 10: Did you get beyond for winning three games? When he won the four games, y'all said, Oh, he brought him from one game, he turned the season around, then he went. Now he went back to three games. Now you're talking about giving them some more time. I mean, I don't get it.
Speaker 5: I told you I want to see what I told you. You lost players. That happens in college football. And then also the man was going through.
Speaker 10: Cancer, Okay he said, he said himself, don't make that as excute. By time the season started and he was coaching, he was squear of that.
Speaker 6: So that is the man.
Speaker 2: He couldn't coach last year. I agree with you on that coach.
Speaker 10: What are you talking about? He was on the sideline every game, and.
Speaker 5: He was on the sideline with a part of pouty that still was a coaching. He was coaching and he ain't even there and you are doctor visit. Look, I'm totally with you, He comes up. Yes, I would no, No, I would have added I would have said, that is remarkable that the man wanted off, given that you can't have it. That's not both ways. I'm just I would be doing the exact same thing. Thanks for holding you.
Speaker 2: Listen. You can absolutely fire him Jay if you want you next year. I'm not mad at you.
Speaker 5: If you want to do that, I said, I, as Colorado would want to do it, want to see it one more time.
Speaker 2: I'm not mad at that.
Speaker 3: Tyron and Tennessee, you're on the damn Patrick Show couple filling in.
Speaker 2: How are you? Tyrone? Man? I thought, Man, what's up?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 11: You're doing on the Mano Deon's first Dion's best one since he's been in Colorado? With his first year? Would he beat tcun't the opener? And then he beat Nebraska? Don't say he don't nothing since then?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 11: I get the since Listen, I'm sympathetic towards that, and I'm glad he's doing well. And I like the man as a as a person, as a motive railer, as the greatest cornerback taver. But when it comes to Colorado, if we don't get it done this year, he's gone it roll. They don't now whether that happens or that remains to be seen, because it seems to me his escape, his escape class to this is he's selling the stands, merchandise sales, you know, business wise, they're booming. But results, oh, he's done that. Maybe as a coach he's a clown show. He's been a concert for a couple of years, and quite soocal. He needs to go back to the NFL networking and get that get get that game day final back on the map, because man, he as a coach, he just ain't got it. Man, he's done nothing in the last few years. And I don't think he's gonna do nothing neat. I don't see how it's gonna tek.
Speaker 2: You did nothing.
Speaker 5: You just acknowledged that he won nine games for an organization for a school, that one one before they got there.
Speaker 2: I'm with you, listen, I'm okay with you.
Speaker 11: I agree with His first.
Speaker 5: Year was four games, his second year was nine, His first year was the first year is the one he got the TC.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying, man, you go seven to two of your conference. So I'm listen.
Speaker 5: I'm not acting like he's Nick saban Or in his prime or Jim Harborough at Michigan.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe he might need to cheat little bit more, that might help.
Speaker 5: But my point is when i BA was able to win him, if you were to fire him after next year, I'm not even mad at that he has.
Speaker 2: It's not as if he's been this prolific.
Speaker 5: But I'm saying I've seen a guy that has helped the school that had been terrible prior to that, and I'd want to give him one more year.
Speaker 2: That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Wayne in Long Beach, California, you're on the odd couple filling in for Dan Patrick.
Speaker 2: What's up? Wayne's Rob?
Speaker 9: Hey, Rob, you've been on point all morning. I just want to let you everybody know Rob's been on point on every single subject this morning.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 9: I just want to say that he gives crap to everybody. It doesn't matter what color you want.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I'm an equal opportunity guy, and I'm just gonna call it like I see it, whether people like it or not.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, But where the color was there rumors out here?
Speaker 6: What it was?
Speaker 2: What was that all about? Rob?
Speaker 6: G Was that was that saying? I don't give crap to what we know? Rob hates black quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 5: I wasn't gonna bring it up. But you know, you know, well, you know he picks one every year. I guess it'll be Lamar. It'll be Lamar Jackson this year. Who's gonna be a black quarterback this year?
Speaker 2: Rob, I don't know last year. I'm not moving by any of these guys move by exactly. Oh, I'm telling you what. I'm trying to think. Who else anybody wants to be missing? Somebody emerging? Then we can think of Rob G.
Speaker 6: Rob said he was mad that Baker Mayfield wasn't black. He said he would have liked him.
Speaker 3: Hey, I'm all about Baker. I told you that before, Rob G, when you were jumping on Baker Mayfield. I was the only one me had and Chris had a go go look it up on YouTube. Kelvin, Rob, do you remember we had a knockdown drag out over Baker mayfel.
Speaker 2: I might have left the show. I might have just got up for my chair.
Speaker 5: Let me see, I'm a google. Let me see if I can find that. All right, we got Sean King in a moment. We'll get to him and ask him about this, which, by the way, Sean King, he's doing it the right way. I'm ask him about this when we get him on the line here the second, Rob, he's working out, he's trying to get his life together the right way. He ain't just going with the job.
Speaker 2: He's too late. It's too late for too Why is it too late for him? But it's not too late for you. You're like ten fifteen years older than him, Sean.
Speaker 1: You hear that.
Speaker 5: Sean King joined US now former NFL quarterback, five sports radio NFL analysts. I'm stitching, Rob, No, I'm snitching. Don't worry about it. Snitches ain't getting stitches right now, Sean. I was complimenting you, man, you know I follow you. I said, my dog is out here getting back in the gym, getting active and trying to get you know, back to it. And Rob said, it's too late for him.
Speaker 2: Sean, you got you got like you got nine kids, a wife. You're busy. I don't know how you're gonna do it. Sean, Howe, I'm divorced.
Speaker 8: I only have four kids.
Speaker 2: And so he was half right on everything.
Speaker 8: If Philip Rivers can make a comeback, well I can't show my Did.
Speaker 2: You see what Philip Rivers looked like in that uniform.
Speaker 8: But the performance was there. Maybe the body type and evolved a little bit matured. I'm gonna call it because I saw your high school yearbook picture. You don't look like that either.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 8: And so it's good for the goose, gotta be good for the gander. And I need to I need to clarify something. Unless you're doing something illegal, unless you're a part of an illegal organization, Snitching is not a real word.
Speaker 2: All right, No, I was real, So then I wasn't snitching. Uh yeah, yeah, because we got he got we gotta call him back. We're gonna go right back. I heard they say the same thing. Apparently he's also divorced from his phone service. I'm just saying, you know, I.
Speaker 5: Can't up to date with all your friend and all that stuff. Well, we know divorce, divorce, and you've never been the best. You might have been the original person who threw a divorce party, like you might be the original person who threw a celebration and a big time party. Matter of fact, I know where you were at the date of divorce cleared and went through officially.
Speaker 2: You know, is that Alex Oh? He was very excited to say it was divorce.
Speaker 7: Dude, you hear that he was I chose Tiger Woods.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm okay. Does Tiger Woods know that you chose him? By the way over? Does he actually have you had a chance to tell him that anything? I don't know. All right, let's get to Sean King.
Speaker 8: We got a first of all your production chirping in the background, and there's nothing exciting about a filled marriage. But I also wanted to clarify and have the truth, you know, be a part of the conversation. Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Okay, No, no, no, no, we're talking about We're talking about row, not you, my marriage, not yours. Come on, and we would never do that.
Speaker 3: We're talking about mine. I celebrated my twentieth anniversary of my divorce, that's all.
Speaker 12: I wait, talking about you, that's diabolical and every word I'm just saying, and uh, you know that's all good.
Speaker 8: So anyway, what I don't want you to do, and what we're not gonna start the season off doing, is looking down upon each other's dreams. Life's about ambition, hope, you know, skull setting, I am about to get back sexy. My new name gonna be shirt Off Shorty because if I just walk on my shirt off all the time. So encourage me along this journey. Don't be telling me I'm past my prime. I'm too old.
Speaker 3: Rob all right, I feel bad now. I want you to uh, to get back in the swing of things. I want you to have that great life. I'm happy for you, Sean. I'm gonna root you on. So yes, very nice. I mean we go way back. Another guy Uh from ESPN ESPN days. All these guys I work with Sean and we used to.
Speaker 2: Have good people.
Speaker 8: Forget that we how to pulted Skip Bayless's career. Okay, so they're used to win First Take. Well, first Take used to be Cold Pizza. It used to be filmed in New York in the New Yorker Hotel. That's how far back me and Rob go. When they moved Cold Pizza to Bristol and renamed it First Take, Skip would alternate guests every day of the week. Rob had a day, I had a day, the two live students had a day. So we go back to the very beginning of Skip Skip. I want some I think Skip ows a percentage of what he's going on to make to be honest.
Speaker 2: Rocks right man, and you know what's showing.
Speaker 3: People are always ripping on the whole debate thing. That show, when we did it originally was one of the best shows. When we used to sit at the table together, right and debate like you do in a barbershop or at a sports bar with your friends.
Speaker 2: That's what the show used to be like. And it was great, absolutely, And.
Speaker 8: It wasn't about polarizing topic. It's about no proof. It was a search for the truth and every topic. And just to show you how far ESPN has come. It was taboo to talk fantasy football. It was absolutely taboo to talk camp gambling. I remember they had not come up with numbers, never lied, which is a show. I think Colin Coward, who was still at ESPN, started with Michelle Beadle and Marcellus Wiley. Well they would look at tweeting no SportsNation.
Speaker 2: You mixed in, yeah, but the two shows.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Sports Nation. They hadn't even done Sports Nation yet. I remember working there. It was the most, oh my god, the tightest atmospherever. I got called an HR guys because I put a Tampa Bay raised hat on on Sports Center. I'm from Saint Petersburg, Florida. I'm a dahar rais fan. They happened to be playing the Yankees, god forbid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, used to used to be just venning a little bit on a Friday. Good. Well, hey, hey, you said search the truth. Go ahead, let's talk about the Raiders.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and what did you see last night from your number one over pick and mind?
Speaker 8: He's the goods. He's the goods. You don't find guys his size, his stature, with his athleticism for a guy that big, he's a really plus athlete. He has a big time arm. He throws the ball with anticipation. He looks calm with its chaotic Yeah, he's gonna make mistakes, but he's also him. And I would say Fernando Mendoza and the Raiders are in a perfect situation. Clint Kubiak and your one really gets to instill his culture this year. There's no expectation. Nobody's thinking that they're gonna be a fringe playoff team. They just get to go out and develop their young players, evolve their schemes, and they're gonna have a bunch of cap space next year and probably a top five draft pick. So I think the Raiders are in a great position moving into the future, and Kirk Cousins will be the quarterback as that offense works out a lot of its kinks.
Speaker 5: Well, stay there for a minute, Rob and I would just we just talked about this. Do you subscribe to the no, this is number one pick, he won a national e shit put his butt in there. Or you, Hey, Kirk Cousins, you know you take the lumps and the bruises as we figured this out because we've seen both things happen for guys who are high picks before.
Speaker 8: I'm so glad you asked that question, because here's the little dirty secret nobody talks about. In order to play quarterback at a high level in the National Football League, the guys around you have to play an above average level. So this is a new system. This is a bunch of new pieces. This is an offense outside of brock Baroers that does not have a top one hundred pass catcher. So as they work out the nuance of all those guys gelling together, not being super talented on their edges. Instead of Fernando Mendoza getting beat up potentially losing his confidence, he gets to look at Kirk Cousins handle success and failure, learn how to prepare so midyear, third fourth quarter of the year, Mondoza will become the starring quarterback, but it'll be in a much better, more stable situation than week one.
Speaker 3: I just if a guy's talented and can, he should be playing. The only way you learn how to play quarterback is by playing in games. I just don't buy into that.
Speaker 2: I think you can see it. You can see in Aaron Rodgers confidat had twenty eight interceptions.
Speaker 8: Okay, that's like I'm not buying that.
Speaker 2: I'm not buying that. I'm just saying no, no, no, I'm.
Speaker 11: Asking a question.
Speaker 8: Does confidence matter?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it doesn't mean Also he can come in.
Speaker 3: What if he comes in and he's and he can turn it around and they start to win games.
Speaker 2: Most guys playing, most guys playing, not just that's.
Speaker 8: Not the expectation. And here's the part you're missing. In college football, even though the NIL is changing college football into minor league sports, the coverage of college football has not gotten to the aggressive level that the professional leagues are covered. Can we agree on that, correct? So there's a mental evolution that has to happen at that position. With being able to handle criticism and scrutiny. So watching somebody else take some of it is a great learning tool in college. If you play a bad game, you're not on every platform for the next seven days until the next game.
Speaker 2: Sean, I listen.
Speaker 8: I played the position, and this is something I never thought about before I got into it. You know how hard it is to turn the TV on and see Rob Parker and Skip Bayley saying you suck? Do you? I'm serious? Like, then you turn the channel and Colin Coward is saying you suck. And then you turn the channel and Pat McAfee is saying you suck. And then you turn the channel and Steven A. Smith is bloviating about how terrible you are and how terrible of a draft pick. That is an adjustment that people don't talk about. And when you go through that, man, I'm just I don't care who you are, it impacts you.
Speaker 2: I can understand that.
Speaker 5: And that's something that we don't talk about enough and professional and peoplecause don't know what they'll say. Sean, You're making millions of dollars, So what that's going to be the immediate replace?
Speaker 3: So what everybody's not going to be on a team. Everybody's not down with the King like we are. Everybody's not going to like you or think you're good. That doesn't mean that you can't work through it. There are plenty of people who never thought I was good enough or could have been good enough to write for the largest newspaper in the country when I was twenty two years old at the Daily News. You know what they did, Sean. They didn't coddle me. They didn't have me not write stories. They sent me out to go do the job. And that's how you learn to get it done. And here we are forty years later.
Speaker 2: I don't buy it. I don't buy it.
Speaker 3: There's no easy path into being a good quarterback in the NFL.
Speaker 2: There is none.
Speaker 8: I'm so glad you brought it up, because sometimes advice can be construed as criticism, and really it's just constructive information. All I'm doing is adding to the picture that people analyze when they evaluate young quarterbacks. It's a part that nobody in, a component that nobody includes in the development. If I kill his or her confidence before they get the experience necessary to be good, I can actually set them back instead of propelling them forward. So my point is, when you have a chance to learn if it's a five game stretch, a half a season stretch, a whole season stretch behind it. Kirk Cousins, who is the consummate pro when it comes to with pairing week the week for a game we started on the reality show. That's advantageous for a young quarterback. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: All Right, Okay, Sean, we got to run here on a Dann Patrick show.
Speaker 3: But we do have my divorced song that I played to celebrate twenty years of being Dan Patrick.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 8: It'll be hilarious rock, Rob.
Speaker 2: You trusted a big button? Smiles that what you're saying?
Speaker 8: Did I want to see you do that?
Speaker 2: Are you dancing right now? Right now?
Speaker 5: Show?
Speaker 8: Y'all have a great weekend.
Speaker 3: Us you.
Speaker 5: And it is the odd couple Robert Kelvin and for Dan Patrick and the Dannats on a funky Flashback Friday.
Speaker 3: You think they ever played poison on the Dan Patrick Show in the forty years has been on the air.
Speaker 2: Probably not.
Speaker 5: However, Rob is telling y'all never trust the big button to smile that Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 4: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot Com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 5: It is closing time forty odd Couple, Robin Kevin and for Dan Patrick showing Dan and the Dannets appreciate it. Shout out to Sean King. We were just down with the King and it's always great to have him all. Of course, we're doing on Fridays during football season, so you can expect more of that. If you miss any of today's show, you can check out the podcast not just on the Pan Damn Patrick feed, but also the Eye Couple feed as well. Search the Dan Patrick Show or the Eye Couple wherever you get your podcasts, and right after the show the pod will be posted again. Just search the Dan Patrick Show, or you can search for our hers the Eye Couple wherever you get your podcasts. Well, a full version, best of version, the whole nine, so good stuff. Hey, Rob, you know you're you're because you are our senior in this particular case.
Speaker 2: You've been don't hurt me now you know you've been on.
Speaker 5: I think you appreciate that you've been unk for a while. And Rob g asked a great question when I walked back in the control room over there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the question is at what age do you become unk? Because Rob's been unk for thirty five years now, right, so it's it's nothing. But for the rest of us, I had to know, so I asked up because me and Alex looked it up before I asked him.
Speaker 5: I don't agree with what they looked up Rob, but I'll say my reply to him was, I said, like mid thirties, like Mitt, because I was in the same thirty five exactly. Because at that point, Rob, g let's say you have literal nephews, or you have like you're a assistant coach or a coach somewhere, or you have mentees like Rob and I. You know, you started realizing all this kid's eighteen, nineteen twenty. I'm not big brother who could have been twenty five to him? So you the next natural thing is unh So you I've embraced it around in unk status.
Speaker 6: Where's the problem? AI disagrees with all of you. It says anyone twenty five or older. See that's true, can be considered uncle literally an uncle. That's like, oh, your sister or brother had a child and now you're own.
Speaker 7: But it makes sense so because think about these kids using the terms are like twelve thirteen, so so many twenty five is like you got a house.
Speaker 2: Listen, twelve year old, though I know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So it's more like, for instance, Rob, we were just in Atlanta and a lot of people there could have called him uncle. Obviously he's their mentor, but they could be like, oh, unk like because that's why Shannon Sharp has become unk to so many people, because the point is you ain't granddaddy, You're nothing old like that, and clearly little too old to be big brother, so you just unk like unk. Pat I said, I wasn't a cool uncle that you hang with the at the you know, the kickback at the cookout.
Speaker 3: You know, I had the greatest uncle, Uncle Junior, who's passed. But I'll never forget when I got my nineteen eighty four Dodge DAYTONA Oh God, I went down. I got approved for the loan. Of course I didn't have the money for the down payment. So I said to my uncle Junior. I said, hey, Uncle Junior, I'm getting a new car next week. He said, that's awesome. What kind of car is it? I said, Dodge DAYTONA talking car. Nineteen eighty four model. I was in college.
Speaker 2: I said, just one thing. I just need the two thousand dollars down payment? Can I get it?
Speaker 4: Can I?
Speaker 3: How you getting the car? If you know down payment? I said, I figured I would get the money from you. And you know what, when that day rolled around, he drove, came over to the house, dropped off to two thousand dollars for the down payment for the car, picked it up. And I want you to know that stuck with me all my life. So all my nieces in nephews I bought their first cars. And that's because my uncle Junior helped me get my first new car.
Speaker 5: Man, that's a great story. Shot the uncle Junior, man RP doing great stuff and that man. You know what, Man, that those types of things matter because you end up and now your nieces in ne fus you know life. Who knows where life will take them, but that will always stick with them and how they will turn the favors.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, you love hearing stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 5: I didn't grow up with a lot of means, and it was extraordinarily modest, but there was always just enough. I always believed God through just enough, Like you said, little opportunities like that where somebody looked out of hand, you know, someone offer the hand offered to help out just enough that I think that's why people like me and you we feel so compelled to give back and uh and be there for other people and embrace hunkstatu is, Rob G, you.
Speaker 2: Unk too, That's right, Rob G. Alex you're un too. Yeah, you're on two just because you got a bunch of hair slick back, Alex. I can't believe it, the odd couple.
Speaker 3: We got a Friday night off for change man man.
Speaker 2: The streets in New York and not say it's about to be an unction. I don't even know. Do you play our thing?
Speaker 5: You can't even play it all? Dang all right, what's the Dan Patrick Show? And if you don't listen, damn we wreck your show again. Sorry about that,