Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio. You want your Dan Patrick Well good news. He goes everywhere with If you miss the show, you can podcast it. If you want to see the show, just go to Peacock and we stream it live every weekday.
Speaker 2: Watch past episodes too.
Speaker 1: The Dan Patrick Show available anywhere you are, anyway you want it.
Speaker 2: Welcome to The Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 3: I love Dared Patrick Away.
Speaker 1: Home to the biggest guests and best sports talk on radio.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 5: One of my favorite.
Speaker 2: Normally owned the Dan Patrick.
Speaker 1: Hope you'll missus Watson today, Dan and the dan Uts are off.
Speaker 6: Don't see another radio show mine event.
Speaker 2: And filling in. It's Steve Covino and Rich Davis.
Speaker 7: Here we go.
Speaker 1: It's good broadcasting from the Mercedes Man Cave.
Speaker 2: This is the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 8: Men came good morning live from the West Side. Shout out to all the Vaptos locals forever, and shout out to the East Coast. We'll be heading there today later today for an event with Dallas Goddard, Super Bowl champion of the Philadelphia Eagles. And I read an article, Actually I'll be honest, I saw an article. You read a headline I saw a headline that says it's okay to applaud when your flight lands.
Speaker 3: Nowadays it's appropriate again.
Speaker 8: My god, I'll be so excited I might ask clap now, start talking to the aisle. Yeah, I just want to land right side up. If that's okay. I hope I'm not asking too much. But we'll be heading to Philly later on today and filling in for Colin on the Herd on Friday. You heard Covino and rich Ron five to seven on the East Monday through Friday, normally two to four on the West. But if you search Covino and rich our podcast is right there. We have a bonus pod called over Promised. You can also watch that. I want to see our Punchable faces on Fox Sports Radios YouTube page right now, Live from the ti rack dot com studio, the official tire expert and retailer of Dan Patrick and The Dan Patrick Show. Go to ti rack dot com slash Dan try the tire decision Guy. I see the full line of Firestone tires, Roy Firestone Style Special offers, freewood hazard protection and mobile tire installation. Tire rack dot Com a tire buying should be I'm Steve at Lombandi Masuappo Covino, that is Rich, I got the weakest sneakers ever. Davis, Danny G's on the phones, let's say seven to seven ninety nine on Fox, and Miss Mary Mack is here.
Speaker 9: If you missed that conversation yesterday, it's on the podcast. Because this event we're doing with Dallas Goddard tomorrow and Philly, we had to buy non branded white.
Speaker 3: Sneakers for this shoot.
Speaker 8: It's not easy to find all white sneakers with no logos on them. Rich, but psyches, I bought like the most butt, no balanced sneakers. I bought the US as you said, not pay less, pay least to the worst weakest leaders I've ever seen.
Speaker 9: You can see them at Covino and Rich. But you know, before we get into baseball more, let's say what's up to? Kenny up in Canada?
Speaker 3: A what's up? Kenny?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 3: Kenny?
Speaker 10: Hey guys. Yeah, I'm from Canada and I've been listening to your guys in podcasts because i love the damn pastorc podcast. So I'd like to ask a question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's up? Man? So?
Speaker 10: How you guys were talking yesterday about Lebron James wearing street clothes. I was just wondering, do you think that's just because he's becoming an old man?
Speaker 8: You know, I don't think what he did was intentional, but he gives Lebron haters more ammunition. That's why he rubs people the wrong way. It just looks bad. It was a bad look. I don't think that was his intention. If you missed the story. He decided last minute to not play in the All Star Game, so that took up a spot, so that caused some speculation there. But then when he did the team photo with other super stars, not just like young players superstars, he rolled up in his street clothes and posed with him, in my opinion, ruining the photo. The photo did look funny, but then again, people pointed out Lebron the first, right, Lebron is not the only guy.
Speaker 3: Kobe did it back in the day.
Speaker 8: Other super star Kobe didn't have Lebron's reputation. Everything Kobe did wasn't scrutinized.
Speaker 11: The way Kobe was also wearing a suit.
Speaker 7: Right, makes it a little different.
Speaker 8: Lebron shows up in his street clothes, he takes a photo. Yeah, he looks handsome, but he looks like, what is he to coach? Is he better than everybody? What's going on here? He couldn't throw on the uniform, so, of course, and it's a slow weak of course, people are gonna speculate.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but you know what, Kenny just called Lebron the old guy at the Jim locker room using the hand dryer for something else.
Speaker 8: You know, when people are speculating why nobody cared about the All Star Game, people are gonna point to that and say, well, look they don't even care. So again, you're just giving people more ammunition. It was just bad timing and a bad look. Is he the worst guy ever? No, but we did think it was a misstep. Is it because he's old?
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 8: I think it's just because he didn't care much about it, or else you would have put the uniform on. We talked about that yesterday. Hey, thanks for checking the podcast. We appreciate it. Thanks Kenny. Now back to baseball. Cavino and I were having conversations last night with our old school pal about how there seems to be a great buzz in the baseball world, and I was wondering, like, yo, are the Mets definitely gonna make the playoffs, Like, I don't think there's any question. I'm not a Mets fan. So the guy, the fact that you guys were debating that was odd to me.
Speaker 9: Well, because you know, there are teams out there that have a reputation for not living up to the hype. And as a Mets fan, I'll admit the Mets have fell short so many times in my life.
Speaker 8: Well, thank Lindor for that, because and that's why he should be captain.
Speaker 3: I really think he changed at.
Speaker 8: Failure face sort of culture that the Mets had, like, oh, the Mets were admitting, No, I think the Mets are really good. Now they're not the Dodgers, but they're really good. If they didn't make the playoffs, it's like a colossal failure with the money they're spending and the players they have, so I think they're guaranteed.
Speaker 3: A playoff spot.
Speaker 9: The minute the Mets signed Pete Alonzo, the odds in Vegas changed. And you're not far off when you said who's favorite to make the postseason and go on a World Series run. We haven't played one spring training game yet and we're already talking about the playoffs in World Series in October.
Speaker 3: But going into the season, You're not far off.
Speaker 9: The Dodgers are by far the biggest World Series favorite.
Speaker 8: In decades, and we speculated that the Mariners single season regular season record will probably be in jeopardy this year.
Speaker 9: I mean, it's hard to win one hundred and sixteen games, but if anyone could do it, it's the all star team known as the Los Angeles Dodgers. Yeah, the Dodgers are plus three hundred to win the World's Series. Now, for the non gambling fool, those odds, that's like the worst bet you could possibly make. That's they're insinuating, like yo, easy, breezy Dodgers win the World Series bet one hundred win three hundred. That's a terrible odds for a future's bet. That's how confident people are that, Hey, the Dodgers could very well repeat and go back. Then you got the Yankees at plus eight hundred because of the Alonso signing, and I guess now it looks like the Mets have more of a complete lineup with Lindor Nimo Ventos Soto.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I thought not signing Alonso less than the impact of the Sodo acquisition. It's like that's what made it a dope lineup the fact that you had Alonzo still, so you.
Speaker 9: Got the Mets at plus eight fifty, the Braves at plus nine hundred, and then the Orioles, the Astros, the Phillies, the Padres, and you know, then then you start getting down to the twenty five to one. There's a lot like like Cleveland or Texas and the Mariners of the Red Sox d Backs. But before the season even starts. Is baseball the type of sport where when you spend a ton of money, the postseason is guaranteed, not a World Series, but the postseason.
Speaker 3: Like if you're spending the money, sea.
Speaker 8: Give the credit to the owners and to the gms because they're not just spending money. I think they're making great moves. I think they're creating great teams. In the past, we realize that great players don't equal playoffs or championships.
Speaker 3: You know, you need a team chemistry.
Speaker 8: I think they're making solid moves, Like I think that the Mets have a solid team and they're gonna have a solid chemistry. I don't think they're just piecing some Frankenstein team together with a bunch of big names. I think they're a good team. That's the difference here. It's not just spending money. I think you're creating really great teams and credit to them. Is there a four headed monster or.
Speaker 3: Five they are?
Speaker 8: Is there someone we're disrespecting when we're having these conversations, because by no means is that the goal here?
Speaker 3: Because I'm not overstanding my Mets.
Speaker 9: I wouldn't be shocked if something goes wrong because it just typically does. But to me, the Dodgers and Yankees are the only teams in my mind that I would be shocked.
Speaker 8: Okay, if it's the Mets and Dodgers in the NL in the al Am I disrespecting the Yankees? And who do you know who you're discounting? The Phillies, the Braves, the Padres. They're not as sexy to me, Bro, They'll they'll be, you know, like many Chattle is not a sexy team. Bryce Harper's a stunning all but you know you don't he makes a mean banana bread. But yeah, I don't know, Danny g are those teams that you're like worried about as a Dodgers guy, is are they the fourth?
Speaker 3: Like? Who gets the fourth spot?
Speaker 8: If we said the MLB is a foreheaded manster because I see it as a three.
Speaker 7: If the Braves are healthy, then yeah, it's the team.
Speaker 3: I think the Mets.
Speaker 9: The reason why I as a Mets fan on I'm like, oh no, is that you get Soto, you resigned Alonzo, you got Nimo and Ventos, and you know Marte still there.
Speaker 8: You have a pretty stacked lineup. That's just scary about the NL, though there's no guarantees. There's better teams in the NL than the AA. Like why is is a Yankees fan? I'm like, the Yankees are They're going back?
Speaker 9: Like why would it shock you if the Mets won eighty eight to ninety games, came in third place and snuck in as a wild card.
Speaker 3: It's what they did last year.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but I still think they'll make the playoff. You certainly hope. So so let's round it out the other way real quick, and then we'll move on from baseball because I have a random, dumb thought that has nothing to do with sports.
Speaker 3: It has to do with neighbors. What do you think the.
Speaker 8: Worst odds are to win the World Series in twenty twenty five?
Speaker 3: Like, who is the bottom feeder? There's two?
Speaker 9: One of them I think is obvious based on how bad they were last year. But I want to know who you think the other team is that people think is trash. We'll put the White Sox in there, obviously four hundred to one to win the World's Series.
Speaker 7: It's miserable.
Speaker 9: If you're a White Sox fan, do you watch with the hopes of like, yeah, it could be a fun season, maybe we'll surprise.
Speaker 8: People, or is it Yeah, the buzz isn't the same if you're a White Sox fan.
Speaker 11: So I get that, which I know there's a stat out there about how the Marlins didn't spend any money during the office.
Speaker 9: They're the third worst odds three hundred to one. But there's a team that shares the worst odds with the White Sox at four hundred to one.
Speaker 7: See National League. Last year, the Rocky struggled.
Speaker 3: Bro, Yeah, you nailed it.
Speaker 9: And I think it's because their division consists of the Dodgers, the Padres, the Giants like teams, and the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 8: The Marlins still have to spend money. They're thinking about or people were talking about maybe getting Marcus Stroman just to just to spend money. They have to spend some money at that threshold exactly yeah, so moves are still being made. Some teams are pathetic. But I do think that baseball's more exciting. You know what, It really proves the obvious that baseball is way more exciting when these teams are good. But that's Yankees, Dodgers, Braves are still good, the Phillies are still good.
Speaker 9: I get at the parody in football is unbelievable every year. Think of the worst team a couple of years ago, like Washington. Now, all of a sudden, you get Jayden Daniels and you're winning twelve games. The forty nine ers are in the last place. They get healthy, next year they'll, in my opinion, you know, win twelve plus football shifts, worst teams could win the division the following year. There's a slower build and a layer of time needed to grow in baseball and basketball and other sports.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 9: I think the cool part in baseball is that I don't think it's just the Dodgers and the Yankees. I think the Braves, Phillies, Mets, Padres, Cubbies are going to be better Diamondbacks.
Speaker 8: I think the West it's exciting for teams that are really good. I think because they want to knock out these superstar teams. Red Sox, satisfying is going to be for the Braves and the Phillies and and the Orioles and the Blue Jays to beat these powerhouse teams. These powerhouse teams have targets on their backs. So I mean that is exciting to see. Even if you're not a fan of the Yankees, Dodgers, and Mets. Don't be so certain that you know, like the Orioles don't make noise, no for sure.
Speaker 3: So I don't know an Orioles fan.
Speaker 8: That's why I would be excited the chance to beat this these ridiculous odds that you just mentioned.
Speaker 3: So baseball, before.
Speaker 8: You know it will be it'll be your background every day, and I think that's I.
Speaker 9: Think that's what makes baseball special. We talk about how you know, when you were a kid, maybe your grandpa used to listen to the games on the radio. I think for our generation, at least for me, baseball is the ultimate comfort background television.
Speaker 8: It's your constant too, because it's almost every night something Monday or Thursday, without a doubt, you're cooking dinner or grilling because you know, I'm a great cook.
Speaker 9: We learned that in the first hour. Yeah, you know you're you're making dinner, you hang with the family. The volume doesn't even need to be that high. You just you have the game on the background. Baseball is the ultimate background comfort food to me.
Speaker 11: Don't sleep on the Lucas Show, though, JJ Reddick made it known that Luca has no more minutes restrictions because of that thigh injury. So tonight hornets at the Lakers and I hope Luca balls out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Lucas Show is good, but the Lebron's Show is off.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 9: Don't get me, don't get me, don't get me wrong, Danny g come playoff time. I'll be the first to admit I'm the definition of casual NBA fan.
Speaker 3: I'm the guy that will watch a game, maybe like a game a week.
Speaker 9: I'll throw it on, I'll watch highlights, but until the w until the NBA.
Speaker 3: Playoffs, I'm not locked in every day.
Speaker 9: I just find the NBA and I'm not the guy that's piling on Adam Silver.
Speaker 8: Look, that was the significance of They're all star break here, Like that's why I needed to hit to real the casual fan in And they really did drive metball here. That's why we're talking baseball when we should be talking to NBA.
Speaker 9: I know it's going on in the NBA, but to me, when the postseason hits, that's when I'm really locked in. It's very tough for me. On the Wednesday night, right right now, Wednesday night, I'll tell you what, it would be very hard for me to take serious. I took the Sakai to Kai more serious than the NBA All Star Weekend.
Speaker 8: I mean Karate in the Valley. We learned there's a big deal in cover Kai. And I'm not even kidding, but that's to see that being serious.
Speaker 9: Listen, Hornets at Lakers, Lebron's out, Luke is in. You know, you might turn it around the background. We get to Philly tonight, you're in the hotel room. You might turn it on. But it's hard to be locked in when you know that even when the postseason hits, there's the playing games and the ten.
Speaker 3: Seed and the nine seed, and in the in the East.
Speaker 9: Right now, it's embarrassing that all four teams that would be in the playing round, the seven, eight to nine in ten seed are all under five hundred teams that have no business like being talked about. We tune in, though, and we turn it on as fans because they turn it on as players, and we could feel this is this is it. It's like an insult to the intelligence of the sports fan. We know they're coasting through the season. We know they're coasting through the All Star Game. You could see it, you could feel it.
Speaker 8: There's no passion, there's no heart there, and they're just playing their way until when it matters, which is playoff time, and that's when they turn it on. Like Jimmy Butler would be a great example of that, right, Like he's capable of playing that way all year, but he doesn't, right, so he turns it on. And that's when you get interested because you're like, oh, well, look how great these games are. If they were like that all season, we'd be tuned in all the time.
Speaker 10: You know what.
Speaker 3: It's like.
Speaker 9: It's like the couple that's not very active in the bedroom and then like on the dude's birthday, the wife puts on lingerie and axel kinking. It's like, you're capable of this all the time, honey.
Speaker 8: Right, it's not just because it's the playoffs that we're tuning in. It's because they're actually playing hard like it matters like they're supposed to because they're getting paid lots of money, so therefore we're now invested. So if they played like that, we'd be invested. We'd be talking about the NBA and not baseball. Right now on February what is today, the eighteenth nineteenth.
Speaker 9: Not that I'm king Jeoffrey or you know, Joaquin Phoenix and Gladiator, But there's a part of that has like my thumb ready to go up or down, and I'm like, come playoff time they compete, and that's I mean, yeah, I'll be tuning in. But Danny's right, is Luca the caliber player to make you want to tune in? Absolutely, So I'll be checking that out tonight when we arrive on the East coast.
Speaker 3: But the Eastern Conference.
Speaker 9: In the NBA is sort of embarrassing, Like Danny, I know that the Spurs are, you know, still like five games or so under five hundred.
Speaker 7: But at least they got a deer and Fox on the square.
Speaker 9: Yeah, at least they got Wemby and d' arnon Fox, and they got some life and some stars. Stars in the Eastern Conference right now, if the season ended today, the Chicago Bulls would be in the playing game, and they are eleven games under five hundred, eleven games under five hundred. Yet they because the Eastern Conference is so imbalanced now and there's Western Conference teams that are like right now in the West, the Golden State Warriors are twenty eight and twenty seven, they're the ten seed. They would be like the sixth seed in the East. There's a little imbalance right now, and I think we just want to see these players step it up next level.
Speaker 3: That's all.
Speaker 8: That's all, that's all, But that's also why we're excited baseball. This excited about baseball. We could take a few quick phone calls, but also I want to get you hyped up. Form Midweek Major the biggest stories in the world of sports and pomp culture. Danny G's getting ready to bring us the headlines, and we decide we that means you too, Fox Sports Radio Nation. Are these stories mid week or major?
Speaker 3: We'll get to that. I'm guessing most are mid though that's my best just I guess.
Speaker 8: We'll get to that in a little bit. I have a story about there's a reason Dan Patrick's off right now, and there's a lot of people off right now because most of these stories are mid it's a.
Speaker 3: It's honestly like the sports world right now.
Speaker 9: That's why I love what we do, because we don't need to talk about sports all the time. Because I have a ridiculous thought about You do a whole other hour on how bad riches sneakers are, trust fantastic. We'll get to that and more next right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: Cavino on Rich.
Speaker 6: Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine to noon Eastern or six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for The Dan Patrick Show at Foxsports Radio dot Com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app by searching FSR, or stream us live on the Peacock Act. Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich to and together. We're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 8: You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 8: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something.
Speaker 3: Right, So check us out.
Speaker 8: We like to get you involved too, Take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say, the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe.
Speaker 3: The most interactive show on planetar.
Speaker 8: Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media.
Speaker 3: That's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 8: Welcome back to the show and good morning from La from the West Side, life in the barrios of La the mean streets of La Voto Loco. It's Covino and Rich. Screat Gangster Well today, dannyg Danny Gangster right there producing on the phones at eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox Mary Mack, Covino and Rich and PDP.
Speaker 11: Man I miss Bushwick, Bill rest in peace. Ghetto Boys one of the most underrated rap groups of all time.
Speaker 9: And this song reminds most people of a movie that came out twenty six years ago today, My Dabler. Office Space debuted in theaters twenty six years ago, nineteen ninety nine, All New Day.
Speaker 8: Can I tell you a little fun fact about my life. There's a lot of people probably speculating who are these Jabbronis? Well, maybe about you. We spent most of our come up working in radio.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 8: I worked with a guy who was the inspiration for Milton from Office Space. So I worked with guy. I worked with the real my deepler guy in Storage Room B. In Storage Room B. I worked with him at k Rock in New York.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: One of the writers.
Speaker 8: Was inspired by this fella that we all worked with, and that's who he's based on.
Speaker 9: When you see when you saw that guy, like, it was very clear he was over here, dude.
Speaker 8: Yeah, very strange but very nice, very nice guy.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 9: Not to make you feel old. Twenty six years ago, that movie came out. Wow, and uh Lumberg and all the all the references in that movie.
Speaker 8: I saw Lumberg at CVS out here in La people think you see stars all the time.
Speaker 3: You don't.
Speaker 8: But I did see Lumberg picking up a prescription. I was in line with.
Speaker 9: When you live out here in Los Angeles, it's not who you think you'd see. Like I saw mister T ordering turkey at the deli counter at Ralph's.
Speaker 7: Got a half a pound.
Speaker 3: The boards had a turkey, fool, that's what you see.
Speaker 8: Was he there to buy some mister T cereal? And he told him it wasn't nineteen eighty before.
Speaker 3: Where was he wearing overalls? For real?
Speaker 9: No, he was wearing a red, white and blue bandana and the kindest guy everyone that passed him. He was like, God, bless you have a great day. Like mister T is someone you've see in the valley here.
Speaker 3: Something clubber lang in the flesh. That's pretty awesome.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so again live from LA It's Covino and Rich next hour. By the way, I just want to remind you again, THENYG working on midweek Major the biggest stories in the world of sports.
Speaker 3: And pop culture. We go over them. Are they midweek or major? Plus?
Speaker 8: We got to talk the money team, Floyd Mayweather and his involvement in football.
Speaker 9: We'll get to that now, not only is it an anniversary of Office Space, which was a classic movie. I mean, I think everyone it's a cult classic. Yeah, I think it turned out to be a cult classic. Maybe not a big box office smasheroo, but later on, I think every college kid at one point, you know, you would quote in that movie Lumberg and all the flare. Remember they worked at what like a TGI Friday's type place, a classics.
Speaker 3: So happy anniversary nineteen ninety nine to Ron Livingston.
Speaker 8: The star of the film was also in another very famous cult classic from ninety six.
Speaker 3: Do you know what movie that is?
Speaker 9: Swingers? There it is, Hey, you go look at that. So there's another anniversary today. But first let's go to our buddy Shawn and Sacramento. We were talking about the buzz that baseball seasons bringing Yankees, Dodgers, Mets, Phillies, Braves, and I think the Lardy.
Speaker 8: NBA excitement is adding to that. Cubbies, Padres.
Speaker 9: There's a lot of teams, you know, the Orioles, There's a lot of teams that have a lot of fun hype going into the season and just seeing spring training highlights on social media.
Speaker 3: If you're a big baseball fan like us, you get hyped up. What's up, Sean Yo?
Speaker 5: My favorite Dan Patricks feeling is man good hearing y'all again on the tri effect of this morning real quick, brother, yep. An honor of Dan Patrick. Shout out DP show bets on Twitter. He's always taken these pie to the face bets. Just in case anybody from the Dan Net Marvel yesterday, I want to take a pie for a fan bit if the Oakland I'm sorry, the Sacramental Age.
Speaker 2: Yeah, make it to.
Speaker 12: The World Series. Brother. We got Rob Parker coming out here, Raw Parker coming out here in April to come check out these guys. MLB bro. If we could get to the World Series, can we please get Kobin or Rich in northern California Danny G's old stopping ground for a live show.
Speaker 3: Cause, I mean, I'd like to do that. That would be a hell of a story.
Speaker 9: I'd like to do that, irregardless, regardless of the you know, a's because it's.
Speaker 8: Having not a word by the way, I know, I just I realized that as I'll say it, irregardless, irregardless.
Speaker 11: You know, we have a new affiliate in Sacramento, California, and we've been trying to work it out with them for a live appearance for the Coveno and Rich show, So that would be great. Yeah, we're not far from a live show there and that show.
Speaker 3: We'll be up there eventually. I know they wanted us to come up there.
Speaker 9: They wanted coveni On to answer like a pil eating contest and they stay fair or something. We were like, yeah, I think that weekend didn't work, but.
Speaker 7: I think it was beer drinking like a beer fan.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, but I didn't want everybody chanting like lardess.
Speaker 11: Yeah, let's be honest too. You drink one Guinness and you're bloated. Yeah, come on, guys. But I think that would be cool. That would be a great story. It's unlikely to happen, Like Rich said, we'll come out there irregardless, because I don't think the A's are going anywhere, but it would be cool if they did.
Speaker 9: By the way, I know, am I wrong by saying that they're not going with a city name.
Speaker 3: Aren't they just known as like the A's now for now?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 9: If that's the case, because they're not gonna temporarily be the Sacramento A's or even the Vegas A's when they go there like they're they're in this process where they're just they're like Madonna, They're like Prince one name A's the athletics.
Speaker 3: Are they gonna they're keeping the green and yellow and everything?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 3: That's it's just a.
Speaker 8: What is the road Jersey gonna say instead of that Oakland script?
Speaker 9: Is it gonna say Sacramento? Or is it Are they going to have just that the A on the chest? I don't know, you know what, I'll look that up.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it says that the Jerseys will simply say athletics.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look at that.
Speaker 8: So hey, if you're an A's fan, it's been a rough little run for you guys. All right now, I said, this is another anniversary today, not just office space in Milton in his Stablu and Lumberg in nineteen sixty eight, before all of us were born, before were twinkles in our parents' eyes, there was a show that debuted, and that show has a spin off that your kids might watch nowadays, don'kay? A show that debuted children's programming a spinoff now?
Speaker 3: And that show better call Saul oh.
Speaker 9: Close, mister Rogers neighborhood And if you got little ones Daniel Tiger. Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood is the great cartoon they have on PBS. But yo, mister Rogers did so much for children. You ever see him in front of was it like Congress or Senate or something. You ever see that famous clip where he talks about the importance of children's programming when it comes to when it comes to any social topic, mister Rogers slated.
Speaker 8: Back in the day, Oh yeah, diversity, all kinds of things. He had his little puppet show the land and make believe.
Speaker 7: Put his feet in that little pool with the mailman.
Speaker 3: I saw that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, like, hey, mister mailman, I want to put your feet in the pool with me. We could unify cultures and our titsies Mary. You ever see mister Rogers breakdance with the little black kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a cute. They ever bust the movie.
Speaker 11: But as far as as far as race stuff, mister Rogers started poplocking on that episode.
Speaker 3: Mister Rogers saw he saw no color. Mister Rogers was honestly like, wouldn't he be equivalent to like he would be your guy's building.
Speaker 8: Ar No, he would vr like Steve from Blues Clues or something else. Ah, he would be our blippy.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 8: I was hard core into mister Rogers for sure. I used to watch this guy cut little Today. We're gonna cut these sponges into little shapes and we're gonna stuff them into this little hole I made on the top of this tupperware.
Speaker 3: Like he do the most random stuff.
Speaker 7: Puppets creepy on his.
Speaker 3: Show that they were made of. Nightmare that one, especially that wholehole looking lady that looks like you know what she looks like.
Speaker 8: Mean, I'm not even gonna say that a lady Elaine Fairchild. No, Lady Elayne Fairchild. I like scary ass puppet that gave you nightmares as a kid.
Speaker 3: What was going on with that? Well? If you watch have you got Little Kids?
Speaker 9: Daniel Tiger is a cartoon and it's based off of the Tiger from the Land to Make Believe. So remember like Danny g Mister Rogers had King Friday. Yeah, Daniel Tiger's buddy is Prince Wednesday and all the characters are sort of tied in to mister Rogers. It's great programming if you got little ones. My kids are over it now. My kids are five and seven. But when they were like two or three, I went to go see Daniel Tiger live. Like Daniel Tiger's a big deal.
Speaker 2: So on the.
Speaker 3: Anniversary, is it still a big deal? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Just see your kids outgrow things, like like, my kids are almost done with blue and it's sad.
Speaker 9: I'm like, oh right right, you don't know, you know, you gave me that heads up. You're like, y'all do just when you think your kids are into something, they're over it. Yeah, they move quick onto the next thing, and it makes you feel bad, like you don't like Daniel Tiger right now? Now my kids watch gravity Falls okay, and like you know, they're like, we want bigger kids stuff.
Speaker 3: Regardless, it made me think.
Speaker 8: I saw a meme on social media and when you think mister Rodgers, to think, won't jib be my neighbor thin get that sweet little neighborhood They lived in a little fake neighborhood, little train that goes out.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I also think of him changing his shoes. Hey, neighbor, want to change our shoes together?
Speaker 9: And oddly enough, there was nothing creepy about mister Rogers though when you think about it, he's.
Speaker 3: Sort of weird.
Speaker 8: He's just Fred Rogers was just a different time. He was just it was like slow moving programming. Putting my sweater on. It just seemed like mister mcpheely has a package coming today. Yeah, Like if you even just think of that sentence, you said, mister mcpheely has a package, he has a speedy delivery. Well nothing speedy about the show. But you were a kid and you're bored, and you're like, yeah, this is great, something very special. We're going to feed the goldfish today kids.
Speaker 3: Something very special about Fred Rogers. He was a great dude.
Speaker 8: Like I said, I want to make it clear, I'm I'm sort of having fun with the stuff he did. But I was a big fan. I wasn't a Sesame Street kid at all. My favorite part of Sesame Street was the pinball thing one, two, teep.
Speaker 3: Five, six, seventy nine, ten, eleven, twelve.
Speaker 8: I didn't care much about Big Bird or any of those people I watched MI str I.
Speaker 3: Was a mister Rogers dude.
Speaker 8: So break it down nineteen sixty eight, nineteen sixty eight, and I bring it up not to pay tribute to mister Rogers on Fox Sports, but why not but it got me thinking of all the dumb TV shows we've watched in the eighties, nineties, two thousand's, twenty tens, even now in the twenty twenties, he was always about Hey, neighbor, who were the best TV neighbors of all time? When I say TV neighbors, is there someone that pops in your head? Like, oh, of course, because my first thought is there might be one on the top of the list.
Speaker 3: Did I do that? Is Steve Rkle the best TV neighbor?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 3: Of all time? He's not Gottny Cheese Mary.
Speaker 9: Then you know what, let's get the phones going, light them up? Eight seven, seven, nine nine on Fox? Who is the best TV neighbor of all time?
Speaker 3: Because I've won to counteract that one. What you got from Martin? That's the first one to come to from Martin.
Speaker 8: By the way, a lot of people don't realize Martin remember he was a radio DJ. That was his job on the show.
Speaker 3: I love What's Up? What's up.
Speaker 9: Is a great answer? You know what I have? I have two more. But I don't want to steal all the good answers. Because Cavino often calls me the male version of this character.
Speaker 8: Oh, Kimmy Gibbler. Rich is a full on grown man. Kimmy Gibbler.
Speaker 11: By the way, the other morning, you guys were asking who would be the modern Eddie Haskell, and a caller called up. They couldn't hold but they were saying they thought that would be Kimmy Gibbler.
Speaker 8: Kimmy Gibbler, that's Rich Davis, Hey Tannerinos. You know, because she was always there. You know, we have those people in life. They just show up. No one invited him, Yeah, why are they here? Who invited that person? But she was that neighborhood person who was there, the neighbor, the friend, and she was there all the time. The Kimmy Gibbler. But the most famous I don't even think of that. I think of like I think of Like Kramer, believe it or not, because he was a neighbor. But I think, sure, yeah, he was always busting in. And I think of Larry Dallas. But again, I know what, there's so many legendary and classic examples.
Speaker 3: Let's not still the good ones.
Speaker 9: But when you said, Larry Dallas, if you were a kid of the eighties and your dad was watching Three's Company and you were sitting there watching with Mom or Dad. Larry might have been the best neighbor because you know why, Larry would go to Jack's house, knock on the door.
Speaker 3: Jack, there's some hot girls down at the Regal Beagle. He was the ultimate wingman.
Speaker 8: Larry only knocked on Jack's door when Booty was involved. I assume that Larry lived in that same complex in Santa Monica, like I assumed he lived right there.
Speaker 3: He was always down the hang.
Speaker 9: But did Larry ever contact Jacke if it wasn't about Let's be honest, it was Larry, Larry get his chest hair sticking out with his chains on.
Speaker 8: When I was a kid, I thought he was Neil Diamond. He was the same guy to me. He looked the same in my little kid mind. So his real name was Larry Dallyopolis.
Speaker 11: I got I got one really quick, rich. I don't think anybody will say this. I think of tool Time Home Improvement.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Never.
Speaker 11: The famous neighbor Wilson. You just saw the top of his face, and he was famous for just his eyes. His eyes and forehead and hat were famous.
Speaker 9: And you know what, I feel like, he gave great advice. He gave great advice to Tim Allen so listen, we didn't steal all the good ones. The phones are all hot Inny, so I'll let you get on.
Speaker 8: Gave one, I gave two, Sorry, Kimmy Gibbler, Steve Erkele, Larry Dallas. I loved Mary's answer, Shanane from a funny, great answer, Kramer, best TV neighbors having a little fun But is there.
Speaker 3: A number one? Here?
Speaker 8: We're gonna wait, let's everyone spit it out, and then we'll be like, you know what, that is the best.
Speaker 3: We'll discuss as of right now.
Speaker 9: It's gonna be hard for you to convince me that it's not Steve Rkle, because that show is never supposed to be about Erkele. But he was such a great neighbor and character that the show about the Winslows became a show about Steve Rkle because he was such a funny.
Speaker 3: Gotty cheese. Did I do that? Hey, Laura?
Speaker 8: I only felt like he fell in a category of like annoying neighbor?
Speaker 9: Did you ever see this? You see the story in his biography. He recently Julia White just came out with a book. He also came out a strand a weed called the purple Rkle. I've never tried it. I would though sounds good. Steve Rkle Jaliel White, in his autobiography talks about how he got to an age on that show where because the suspenders pulled his jenes so tight that the producers are like, yo, Erkle, you're showing.
Speaker 3: Too much ball.
Speaker 8: So there was a point where Erkele's boulder is a distraction.
Speaker 3: So that alone makes him the greatest neighbor number one.
Speaker 8: So I well, uh, whoa, whoa Wowser's we got more covin on retch and for Dan Patrick next.
Speaker 6: Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah this day and h reading some good news on the newspaper page.
Speaker 3: You know we have theory. You know we have a theory.
Speaker 8: If you're new to the Covino and Rich Show, Covino and Rich and for Dan Patrick live from Mercedes Benz Studios.
Speaker 3: If you need some.
Speaker 8: Positive vibes, some uplifting in your life if you're looking for answers, they all live in eighty steam songs, eighties television theme song.
Speaker 3: Seriously, it's true.
Speaker 8: If you listen to them, you're like, man, I was inspiring, thank you. There is a brand new life around the bend. So anyway, Covino and Rich Everything at Covino and Rich eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. We're gonna go over all the headlines in the world of sports and pop culture midweek major We do it every Wednesday on our regular show five to seven on the East. And we'll talk some football. Floyd Mayweather is involved. Yeah, now we'll explain, So stick around for that. But it's a very special anniversary Tony Tony, Tony style.
Speaker 3: It's anniversary, not ours.
Speaker 9: The anniversary of mister Rogers. Neighborhood debuted on this day in nineteen sixty eight, nineteen sixty eight.
Speaker 8: But you know, when you tell young people that today, like how old are you, We're like, no, we live in a world of reruns, guys, and this stuff aired forever, right, So I grew up watching mister Rogers all the time, frightened by his puppets, lady, but I loved the dude. I really did, and you look back, you see what a nice fella he was. And he was great with kids. He fought for kids' rights, and I was a big fan of the show. Makes you think of other neighbors, Hey neighbor, because his whole vibe was you be my neighbor. His whole vibe was going around the neighborhood meeting everyone.
Speaker 3: So please, won't you be. Guy's begging you.
Speaker 7: To be his neighbor.
Speaker 8: My neighbor, my neighbor, Hey neighbor. And I said, it's very tough to say that there's a better TV neighbor than Stefan Urkell, Steve Rkele. Is he the king? Is he the king of all neighbors? Think about that. We're gonna go to your phone calls. But let me just tell you where my mind went, because it is Fox Sports Radio. When I think of my neighbors. Right, it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. You realized that you grew up in a way different time where you kind of knew all your neighbors. You know, I live in a condo complex here in Los Angeles. I could and tell you who lives next to me. I have no idea It's just such a different world, different time, right. But my neighbor was like the grumpy guy who's if your wiffleball went on his lawn, he yelled at you. Right, oh, I had a mieke into people's backyards because you hit a home run.
Speaker 3: I'm my neighbor.
Speaker 8: There was one dude that we hated, but you knew him, right, You knew them. You know, you were living in the neighborhood when when we were.
Speaker 9: Playing tackle football in the yard in the front lawn, it was my house, this guy Vinnie's house, and then my buddy. So follow me here, our neighbor that's in between us. Looking back, We used his front lawn as a football field.
Speaker 8: Right, and you would hate that now now would be like, get off my lawn, right, I'd pay good money for that grass, Nervody's kids. But back then he would turn his sprinkler on just to disrupt our football game. So football time turned into let's jump around in the sprinkler time.
Speaker 3: And that's how I see it.
Speaker 8: But I was thinking about how you know, I grew up with just a bunch of grumpy neighbors. But it was a fun neighborhood. You riding your bike around. You knew all the neighbors. We had a listener call up this show one time. Do you remember Lauren Portella. Lauren Portella had a high school son, she still has a high school son, and she was telling the story like how her son went viral because he ran to the neighbor's house to help him out with a prom posal. But it just so happened that their neighbor was Bryce Harper. Can you imagine if someone like that lived in your neighborhood. I just immediately did the math. I'm like, she must have been a really nice neighborhood. Bryce Harper's her neighborhood. But Bryce Harper just lived in the neighborhood with one of our listeners here on Fox Sports Radio, and he actually jumped at the opportunity to help this kid with a prom posal and asked this young lady if he'd go to the prom with this kid.
Speaker 3: I thought that was awesome.
Speaker 8: So let's go over some of the greatest neighbors in TV history. I mean, we've nailed a bunch of them, but let's go to you, guys, Marshall and Charlotte Covino rich In for Dan Patrick, what's up Marshall, So.
Speaker 5: I'm actually gonna go to a different nineties show.
Speaker 12: What about Wilson from Home Improvement? You know it is always a nice next door therapy session for Tim. You all hang up and listen.
Speaker 3: Love the show, guys, Thank you Marshall.
Speaker 8: Got those eyes poking over the fence. You never saw the full face. That was the first that came to mind for Danny g too. So you know what, because he was such a neighbor, his role was just neighbor guy. Yeah, you know so I think that's that is a top answer. Does it beat Erkele though? I think Erkele's top of notch. Kimmy Gibbler, I love Urkle had a toy, so that puts him over Wilson in my opinion.
Speaker 3: He had a pull string doll.
Speaker 9: I loved your answer though, of Larry Dallas from Three's Company, because he would always just knock on the door to get Jack to go down to the Regal Beagle.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Mike and Illinois.
Speaker 4: Mike, You're on, Hey, guys, thanks for I've got a couple and one's a little off meat. The first one is the Jefferson's Archie Bunkers neighbor.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's going and the spin that's how the spinoff happens. That is pretty cool.
Speaker 3: What else you got?
Speaker 4: And then I think no one's gonna probably go there but me. I got Maddy Martie and Betty Rubble.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I was thinking about them.
Speaker 8: They were the neighbors based on kind of loosely based on the Honeymooners. Right, they're like the Ed Norton of Ralph and Alice kind of right. You know what, Everyone hang on.
Speaker 9: Because we're gonna take all your feedback next now, I now that i'm thinking about it, Yeah, I said no one could beat Erkele. I think I have a new answer, really a new number one. I think there's a neighbor. It's a couple that might out shine Steve Erkle.
Speaker 3: Did I do that?
Speaker 9: We'll take your feedback next Wednesday. Nock In for Damn Patrick