Speaker 1: Welc up to Reality with the King.
Speaker 2: It's me Carlos Kings, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years a production experience. Twice a week on Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about.
Speaker 1: Watched Hey rain Job.
Speaker 2: On today's episode of Reality with the King, we have to talk about the breaking news that happen over the weekend, which is Karen Huger did not show up at the Real House Watch of Potomac reunion, and she also released a statement stating that she has checked herself into rehab. Additionally, we're going to talk about ESS's magazine. Oh Mia, I still love your girl and may be the only one, but whatever I digress. Mia thor In was a topic of conversation in this op ad that Essen's magazine did, saying that, Honey, they're not entertained by me. However, I have some thoughts and so does my guest. Welcome back the amazing DJ Richie Scot.
Speaker 3: What's going on sky Squad, rain Drops, what's going on? I love the collaboration.
Speaker 1: We do two. We do two.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to reality for the King and Honey, let's just dive right into it, Richie. So Karen Huger did not show up for the Real Housewives of Potomac reunion. And not only did she not show up, Honey, she has checked herself it to rehab. So what I would like to do for you and the rain Drops is to read this that Karen Huger made. Well, the thing was this her manager, I think, made the statement about how she has checked herself into rehab, which, by the way, look I think at the end of the day, that's something that I'm happy she did. But this is the statement that her team submitted. So I want to be able to read it to everybody. And here we go. Karen made the important decision to enter a private recovery program, so was unable to attend the reunion taping today. The statement read she was fully supported in this choice. We stand behind Karen as she embarks on this meaningful journey and are proud of her for taking such a significant step forward and her personal growth. Richie, what do you have to say about this because I read the statement and I again, I'm happy she decided to take the steps. A lot of people think it's too little, too late. Considering on this current season of Potomac, Karen kept saying, watch the footage, you have to see what happened, stay tuned, pretty much declaring her innocence when she was found guilty facing up to two years in jail. Is Karen doing this so that the judge can see she is at least accepting some form of responsibility and that her sentencing can be lowered.
Speaker 3: She should be. I mean, if you think, okay, let's go back, let's let's let's take it all the way back. You know, when we saw Karen on this season, it was very much giving. I will be vindicated. You know, I'm not speaking about this, you know, and to a certain degree I could understand why, right because and not to I draw this comparison, but like, we have three instances of something like this happening on a show this year. We have Shannon Badore, we have Maurice from Love and Marrick Huntsville, and we have Karen. Right, everybody handled their situations very very differently. So what I saw with Maurice, what I suspected was given his you know, I mean, he's in the field, he's in the law field, so obviously he's gonna know. I can't really respond too much because maybe I'm trying to do something so that this is either dismissed, it goes away, plea whatever. So I thought to myself, that's probably what they're advising Karen to do. Maintain your innocence, you know, speak very little about it. And then as we continue this season and as she it really felt like and I love Karen, I really really do, but it reallyind of felt like, ah, just wait, I am levitating above you all. I will be vindicated with Like it was almost like she she considered herself like a goddess at some point. And then when we saw the footage, I'm like, girl, did you see the footage? Did you could not have seen this footage? Did yo? Did anybody show her that before she went into the season. So when you think about all of that, and then you process the fact that they casually dropped that reunion poster, you know, they slid that out there yesterday afternoon in the evening time. You know, after all the headlines have broke, and with more information to follow, I was like, hmm, this is real interesting. So when I saw that statement, I also noticed that they did not say rehab. They used recoveries. You know what I'm saying. It was hmm a play word. Yeah, it's the presentation. So even if she comes like I would have, I would imagine that she's coming back to the show, right I would. I would imagine, Yeah, I would imagine that show without her, right, So I can imagine even her phrasing of her experience won't be one of rehab but recovery. And I think that's gonna make a big difference because words make a difference to Karen.
Speaker 1: If you notice, it does it does? It does?
Speaker 2: And I think that's the reason why she told me Richie. I ran into her a few weeks ago and I said, come to my podcast. She said, I will never go on your podcast.
Speaker 1: But I love you though, I said, but I love you too.
Speaker 2: It and it's fuddy because I told the rain drops and they said, Carlos is because you asked the real questions and she can't dance around it. So listen, you love Karen. I love Karen. I prayed for Karen like I honestly prayed for her as well. But listen, it is what it is. You are right in the sense of there is a play on words, and this is what I think about the situation you brought up. Maurice Scott from Love and Marriage Hunts Bill my creation. He was booked for Dui h. Everybody on the cast asked him about it. The reunion is coming up in a few weeks, I asked, But I say to you, I grilled him like a panini when it came to it, I came, if you guys to watch it. But like you said, Maurice Scott is an attorney. He was valedictorian in law school, which for a a young black man from Contact, Michigan, that is a that that's a huge accomplishment.
Speaker 1: And he said in nauseum, I'm not talking about it. Let the let the course do what to do.
Speaker 2: And I'm happy to report that the case was dismissed. I think everybody should join the Maurice Godschool of the Fleagship because apparently, like to say, it does work, it worn't it.
Speaker 3: It's like, okay, if you're especially if you're trying to fight the case, right, So it's it's best to say listen, I only have I say all the time a Law and Order SVU university degree in law. That is the my knowledge. But even I okay, who was salutatorian of my class.
Speaker 2: I know you aren't wait high school and college or one of the other.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about law school.
Speaker 1: That's still good.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about my imaginary law lord of SVU.
Speaker 1: Work like a child that shall.
Speaker 3: But listen, No, I'm just saying that with my limited knowledge. Even I know right, don't say anything, especially if you're trying to fight this when you're on a reality show, because everything you say and do can be used again.
Speaker 2: It can, And I think that's the reason why Maurice Scott did not say anything.
Speaker 1: If you talk.
Speaker 2: If we look at Shannavador from the Real House of Wasing, Orange County, one thing she did that I thought was worked in her favor.
Speaker 1: She I'm not gonna say she admitted to.
Speaker 2: What happened, but she never once deflected from it to the point where you got a sense she was in denial, you know what I mean. I think from what I gathered, she kind of owned up to it. She had her reasons as to why she was in that place, but she was.
Speaker 1: She handled it honestly, very well too.
Speaker 2: The thing with Karen that I think was a disadvantage for her is what you said this season. She kept saying, you will see, you will see, and it's like, girl, we saw, you know, like we saw. And to answer your question, I am not sure she saw the footage when the show was filming, right, the footage of her arrest, because if you did, you would be like, eh, I'm not even sure her lawyers may have seen it, because there's an investigation and you got to get the prosecutors to allow you to see evidences the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Nonetheless, she denied the plea deal.
Speaker 2: And according to my sources, and I don't think I got this wrong, but I want to say allegedly, to be careful, allegedly Karen was awarded the opportunity on a plea deal to have six month house arrest. Now if that is true, and according to my sources it is true, but I'll say alleged, Allegedly she was offered six months house arrest. When you're offered that, that's the time, Richie, you see the footage of the arrest.
Speaker 1: I am shocked that based on what we.
Speaker 2: All saw that a plea deal was not accepted because we all experienced COVID the pandemic. Okay, six months in the house, ain't that bad. It ain't that bad. Bring the party to you. Let's go to Instacart, door dash Uber, eat honey, and bring the food the party to my house. I strongly believe if Karen knew about this plea deal, if she knew, if she decided to not pursue the plea deal, I strongly believe she did not do it because she did not want to admit guilt in front of her castmates. And that's that's that makes me sad that anybody's real life could be heavily impacted because you don't want to deal with your reality on a reality show.
Speaker 3: Well, Carlos, I was actually gonna say also to her defense, and it's I'm not defending what she did. I'm just trying to understand her strategy, right, or maybe her mindset as she's navigating this, because Karen is typically the target on that show, so I can only imagine that every season you're going into it on defense, and to a large degree, the show has worked because of Karen being the target. So I can only imagine her thinking about the embarrassment of what that would feel like to know that they they now have a house arrest against her, right when maybe what if this whole recovery center situation was the plan all along?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But this okay, Yes, the issue I have with that is the fact that you can't play with the terms of your sentencing because and again I'm saying alleged, because I just have to allegedly she has more than.
Speaker 1: Two DUIs, right, well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean we heard Robin say on the Reasonably Shady podcast that there were four, so I and again I will saying allegedly as well, because I'm like that that blew my mind when i heard four, I'm thinking to myself, wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait. This has never really been brought up on the show before in this way. So the fact that they that they kept this, they nobody mentioned it like at all on the show. We know that Karen has stated before that she had had a DUI or something similar to that, right, yeah, but when you add two, three and four, this that's another story.
Speaker 1: It is it is, it is.
Speaker 2: And listen, you mentioned how Karen is always the target and listen, she is for sure, and so much Gazelle's fashions, you know what I mean. So you know, but you did, but you don't see Gizelle trying to do a.
Speaker 1: Deal with she by Cherie to get free close child.
Speaker 2: So it's one of those things where you kind of accept your faith, like I love Gazelle's fashions, Zille's beautiful woman inside out. And at the end of the day, Karen, when you are the star of the show and the force multiplier like Gizelle is, it is what it is. But what is interesting is the fact that these ladies knew this information and they did not reveal it. I think we all have to look at the collective of the Potomac Girls and say, as much shade and a hard time they have given to Karen, there is this weird sense of protection that they did. Because I was told by very reliable sources associated with the cast.
Speaker 1: Okay, I want to make that very clear the cast.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was told that Richie months ago, months ago. And I'm not here to gossip about someone's unfortunate situation.
Speaker 1: One thing about me and my professionalism.
Speaker 2: If it's on the show, I'm gonna talk about a child, you know what I mean, Like, if it's a storyline, gonna.
Speaker 1: Talk about it.
Speaker 2: I was told that as well, Richie, months ago. And to hear that Robin Dixon did say it on her reasonably shady podcast. Robin that was very shady, not reasonable, But you're supposed to be reasonable of Robin. And Giselle is shady. But again, give Gisell her props. Giselle's a shady one. Admittedly, that's that's what she said, and she didn't reveal it. And I think that's the reason why Richie, I'm shocked if that is true.
Speaker 1: If that is true that she has four.
Speaker 2: I'm struggling as to why amplete Richie six months house arrests with a tenth on your ankle, I would have dazzled it.
Speaker 1: I would have called Wayne.
Speaker 2: I would have called thereat and said, you know, all of your fabrics from Beverly Beach by Derey that is now defunct, do you have any fabrics derea that I can add onto my tether?
Speaker 1: Do you have it? Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I would have said, Gizelle, you know how to build houses, that's very you know, creative. How about you come and give me a room. I would have made let me through something. Karen has a fan base. I imagine the scene rain drops, Karen luxuriating in her room with waiters and waitresses, do you know what I mean? Like, I would have made it so grand that when you see Kathy Hilton sipping a straw getting her face done, I would have done that only to show Karen getting dressed up to go into the basement.
Speaker 1: Like. I would have made it a thing. And it makes me sad that.
Speaker 2: There isn't somebody that Karen could listen to say we care more about your real life fate than what these girls are the addists is gonna think.
Speaker 3: But then wouldn't that be the attorney's job. I mean to a degree, right, they can only advise, I'm certain, but yeah, I feel like that's where the attorney comes in and says, listen, girl, no, this is this is serious. At this point, we need to we need to strategize now early and have our messaging like the difference. Like you said, there was something different about Shannon. This was a build up for us with Shannon visually on the show. Right, you could see that this was going to at some point become a thing for Shannon, and it was going to blow at some point. It was just a matter of time, unfortunately. And what Shannon did on the show I felt like was she there was a bit of there was there was a lot of contrition, you know. She she seemed just distraught by it, right. So I think with Karen having to put up that defense because she knows that this is going to be the topic of conversation, that to me is the sad part, because now you can't even process your actual feelings with the with with the audience because you're so fearful of what your castmates may say or do with this information, or if you give anything, they may use it against you. That that is her fear. That's sad, No, and that is sad. Child.
Speaker 2: We are just getting started. This is reality with the King and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show. So Karen missed the reunion. She did check herself into some sort of recovery. You know, we are saying rehab. You know, possibly that's a child. I don't know what the other recovery it is, honey, but that's that, you know, it is semantics. She Karen has a large following of fans who love her regardless of what she does. Right, Okay, yeah, Richie said the child you so you are a laddam.
Speaker 3: I am a ladam. Listen I interview her one time.
Speaker 1: I think you ship. I can't get ship from Karen, but.
Speaker 3: I couldn't get it no more.
Speaker 1: Karen. Give me the exit interview child. Goodness.
Speaker 2: Wait, give it the anti first, Hudy. I'll take the second. Child Lord, Listen.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing with Housewives. I mean, listen, Look, they waited for Teresa, right, I mean it's it's this is not something she can't bounce back from the star or the lead of a show that usually becomes or or reaches that legendary status in reality TV land because they can take the hits from every direction and they can keep it pushing and if and to me, that is Karen. She fits in there with the Kniannies and the Teresa's. At this point in.
Speaker 1: My mind agreed she was.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I agree with that question for you.
Speaker 2: There are people who Villa Domes who are like, Karen, we love you, babe, you know, just we're praying for you. There are some people who are disappointed after watching the footage, but at the end of the day, there's a lot of people who are like, we love you despite of what we saw.
Speaker 1: The question for you, let's have a real conversation.
Speaker 2: Okay, if that was Giselle Bryant in that video, do you think the response from the audience would be vastly different?
Speaker 3: Well, just picture. The problem is I can't pictures. Here's the thing. The absurdity of this is that I can see this happening to Karen. And it's not because I don't. Karen's not a She's not a sloppy woman. Don't get me wrong. Karen is a She's Karen is pulled together, you know what I'm saying. She is pois, she's beautiful. But you there, yo, you can't tell me this in some small way that when you saw that video that some part of you was like, oh yeah, okay, I can see I can see my girl having that kind of a day. I cannot picture Gazelle in this state. I just can't. And I think that's the difference. So it would the response be different. It would be drastically different, I think because we tend to view as a very controlled person and I for you know, for whether you like her or not, That's the thing that I think I respect about her the most after all of these years, is that she is so controlled. She doesn't explode on social media. You won't get a response from her. If you are coming for her on social media, she will get you in another way. Yeah, And that's just the truth, I mean, And and it works for her. You know. I feel like it's a virgo thing, but I'm not. I can't be sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now, they said Gazelle is very much control.
Speaker 2: She's very much poised in a very different way than Karen, like j Jail's poisonous.
Speaker 1: That's a word, is a lot.
Speaker 2: I mean, it has a lot to do with the fact that Gizelle is that I was gonna says it's.
Speaker 1: Her background, being the first lady.
Speaker 2: Giselle is a Gizelle is a strikingly beautiful woman, right, And I'm going someplace with these guys and Giselle from the pictures I've seen, baby gazill has been beautiful her entire life, which means Giselle has always been conscious of that people are watching her and they're looking at her. And I think Gizelle since birth has always been aware that she's the center of attention. And when you are the center of attention, you know that one move you make is going to be talked about. She was the first lady to Jamal Bryant, the first lady in a black church is the grandam of the church and the community. And you are very poised. You sit there on the on the front road of the pool pit, honey, and you watch your man past her to the congregation, and you sit there with a Lais cross and a pearl cloth over your crotch, honey, and you you make sure that you know.
Speaker 1: You gather of the girls. You know you gap, you gathered the US shirt, you gap of the girls.
Speaker 2: And you the first thing of the church is really.
Speaker 1: Like the first lady of the United States. Okay, so I.
Speaker 3: Mean slightly, and there's a slight. I'm looking down upon you.
Speaker 1: You got it. You gotta admit that. I mean, let's have a conversation.
Speaker 2: Look, yeah, we've seen Jazelle Kobe Bryant, look Donald, some people are her own show.
Speaker 1: So I can an that's my love.
Speaker 2: I don't care what anybody says. I love Jazelle, but I also love Karen and Karen. Look, we are all praying for you. Rich and I are huge fans of you r. We are part of the ladam Klik. Richie was blessed to get an interview with you. I am waiting with beata breath for that to ever be an accomplishment. You said no to my faith, you said, you said the words never. I am somebody who lives in reality. I'm not de Lulu, so but I'm hopeful. But all jus aside. We love you, Karen, We're praying for you, we want the best for you. And look, do I think Karen is fire? Absolutely not. Do I think the show will be put on Paul's depending on her sentencing.
Speaker 1: I this is my opinion.
Speaker 2: I think the difference between Karen and Teresa, and this is just me being honest.
Speaker 1: Karen definitely. Let's be real.
Speaker 2: Karen and Gazille are the leads, They're the anchors of the show.
Speaker 3: Yes, I agree with that.
Speaker 2: Okay, Teresa had no no co anchors on Jersey.
Speaker 1: Teresa was you know you.
Speaker 3: Just did a little old Melissa Lovelessa Gorga.
Speaker 2: I do no, let's have a real conversation. Theresa had no co anchor. She was a captain of the ship. So without the captain, what are we doing here? So I think the only reason why they would not pause production depending on whatever sentencing Karen gets, is because look, you got your Zelle, you got Mia, you got Wendy. You know, like you, you have a healthy bunch of women that can carry the torch shell shell Karen sentencing the interferes with the sun of production. But do you agree or disagree with that?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say this, and this is no disrespect to the other ladies, because you know, I think that what you would be missing if you don't have if you have a season of no Karen, is you're missing a level of sass that a cast member like Karen or a Candace brings. It's it's this snap that it brings to the show that adds to the comedy of it at times. Well you know what I'm saying, depending on how how how feisty they feeling right that that can go from that can go from laughing to low right, But they got what I'm saying is they got they got a quick with it. Now Wingy's quick with it. But it's it's a different level, right. Yes, to me, I would liken more to a Giselle and in the sense of her control, like she is a controlled person, right, Yes, whereas I feel like Candace and Karen have a snap to them. That's just it's almost it's bonkers the things that they say and we and you know what I'm saying. It's just it's it's off the cuff like that. So I just for me, I might would pause it for a minute. I mean hopefully, I mean, listen, I hope that, I hope that whatever I'm open, I'm praying for the best outcome for Karen. That's what I'm praying for. So but in terms of the show, if you don't have Karen, let's bring back let's let's bring back Candice into the mix.
Speaker 1: If we can't, oh, I mean I'm not mad at that.
Speaker 3: You know, her and Gazelle, they're gonna have to work it out, Yes, work it out, and let's let's keep the let's keep the checks coming.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, I want to keep the checks coming for all of my girls, including Mia. So Mia have first chair after reunion and Gazelle set opposite of her, and Gazelle has reclaimed her throne of getting the first chair. Some people shaated my girl Gazelle and said it's because Karen ain't there. But look, at the end of the day, Giselle, think about that.
Speaker 1: Leave Gisella alone, y'all.
Speaker 2: She has first chair and I'm happy to see my girl acclaim her throne.
Speaker 1: So look.
Speaker 2: Essence Magazine had an op ed recently where the baby this headline gagged me. The headline was, there's nothing entertaining about Mia Thornton's Real Housewives of Potomac storyline. Mia is right not to stay in a toxic relationship. But between ever changing stories, moving her boyfriend in immediately with her kids and those Instagram posts, could she go about things any worse?
Speaker 1: Richie?
Speaker 2: As you know, I am part of the Mia b Lion crew.
Speaker 1: Mia b Lion.
Speaker 2: Refused to accept that that's her fan base name. She says, Carlos is called the Mia Moore's and all, I'm like, it don't stick the same.
Speaker 1: I love you, be afore it doesn't. I don't like it be a bore. It doesn't.
Speaker 2: It doesn't right, Richie doesn't stick the same me and Blatt ran.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So anyways, I want to get your thoughts first about this article because a lot of people are having some very very strong reactions to mea this season. And before I give you my opinion, I want to hear from you.
Speaker 1: Do you think Mia is declassing the show.
Speaker 3: So specific? Okay, I did this disclaimer, right, you know Mia, I know Mia? Right? So Mia is Actually we have a friend circle that you know Mia is is also very much entrenched in and I personally haven't been able to spend a lot of time with her in that friend circle because typically it's either I'm leaving at that time and she's arriving or something like that.
Speaker 2: The way you leave, you leave early to go home and have a rest but night and Leah, Leah, Mia enters around like one am.
Speaker 3: No, no, I'm in by eight Okay, So it ain't even like that. Okay, and that's only been a couple of times, right. But here's the thing, So I give that caveat to say this. You know the person that I that I'm that I that I know more of is obviously you know, she's you know, she's a cool chick, she's some mean, you know, she's super nice, she's super sweet. So so as I give this what I'm about to give you, I give it in love. Okay, I gotta say that, but I also got to be honest the story for her, and I know that they've used storyline, so I'm gonna follow their leave from essence, It's confusing. It's confusing, and as a reviewer, it's difficult because I don't ever really feel like talking about nobody's kids. Okay, you get in trouble when you bring up kids, and I just don't feel like I just don't want to talk about it, So that part of it alone makes me uncomfortable. I wish that I wish that they had left, that they had cut that out of the show, to be quite honest with you, because then I think that this whole situation would be a little cleaner for her. We I could almost deal with the confusion of Ink and Gordon, but when you throw in a paternity sort of storyline with this, then you make it like we as an audience are kind of like, well, I'm trying to judge you as a mama. You know I'm trying to do that, but you know now, I mean, it's so many different little layers and elements to it that it has become convoluted. And if the storyline becomes convoluted, then we as an audience. We're not entertained, We're just confused, and then we tired. I'm tired. I am weary by it. So if it's it's like, clear it up, resolve, how do what's the result here?
Speaker 2: Okay, So this is how I feel about it. And first of all, I get exactly what you're saying. This is how I feel. That's the reason why MIA is necessary for the shell to me everything you said like having these strong feelings, these strong reactions right that are rooted in how you really feel.
Speaker 1: I feel like we.
Speaker 2: Don't get that anymore on reality TV because a lot of the people sign up for the wrong reasons. They sign up for immediate fame, they sign up for immediate success in terms of monetary means. They sign up to promote whatever products, brands, stuff they have, but they're not willing to give their real lives and exchange anymore. I always go back to Season one of the Real Housewives of Atlanta, my first ever production credit in reality television.
Speaker 1: When Niini leaks storyline.
Speaker 2: Season one of that show was the paternity of her father, right, and we saw Niini go through the emotional roller coaster of rather not the man who raised her was her biological father. We find out at the end of the season he was not. And then season two I was we went to Athens together and Nini, which is a true story. This is why I I.
Speaker 1: I missed the days of real reality.
Speaker 2: We're in Athens, Georgia looking for Nini's father and he's on a park bench, like you can't you can't script that, and her biological father looks exactly like her oldest son, Bryson, And it was it was, It was real and it was emotional. And I think the difference is the audience judges women who may be going through fraternity issue versus men. Even on my show Bell Collective, when Glenn had a fraternity you know, scandal based on having an affair on his wife Latitia, I was more repolished for the day hosting the reunion and they agreed to have the results. A lot of people was like, Okay, great, And I think it's because it wasn't Latitia in.
Speaker 1: The hot seat not knowing who the father of her son was.
Speaker 2: It was Glenn trying to figure out, like, is this other woman some mind? So I do think women dealing with that get a bad rap. And I get it because that's just how society is. But I think what Mia is giving me, and I'm gonna be very honest when I say this, I feel like when it comes to Potomac, especially this season, Karen d ui situation was arguably the strongest personal storyline, but she gave what she gave us nothing to work with, nothing, nothing, no conversations about it, no meetings with nothing, no court nothing, nothing. And I struggle with that. I miss Candace because Kansas gave us her mom Dorothy issues, you know, her, her her husband Chris, you know, not being the bread and you know. I miss Michael Darby because we had real personal.
Speaker 1: Stories that we were like, oh Lord.
Speaker 2: And I do think because Mia is the only one giving us.
Speaker 1: That this season, a lot of the eyeballs are on her.
Speaker 2: And when it comes to kids, I agree with everybody. I don't like seeing kids who are minors having to deal with that. So I want thousand percent agree with that and I want thousand percent get it. I do think Mia is getting a bad rap too, because we have been conditioned to accept the mediocrity of what we're given that is spoon fed by reality stars who don't.
Speaker 1: Want to give us any reality anymore.
Speaker 2: And when you have a cast member who's like, I'm just giving y'all the real and here you go, and I think she's being judged harshly for it.
Speaker 3: Okay, so let's let's dive into that, because what you have introduced to me is something it ain't. It's not new, but it's a reminder that real life is messy.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Real life is messy and we may never understand it. And so when you put it into that context, I think because we also have added in the kid element, which makes me uncomfortable, especially because this is also someone I know, I think that is it it and that that's why I mention it, because I want when I say I'm uncomfortable, these are the the real reasons why I personally am uncomfortable about it. Right. And it's not like I'm going to pick up the phone and call her and say, hey, hey girl, what's going on with this with the storyline. I would never do that because even if we did happen to, I wouldn't mention the show. I wouldn't mention anything about it because that's not what I want any of my relationships outside of this to be. Right, So I wouldn't know what to say to her other than I guess just be yourself and if this is actually your real life, And she does make a really strong case for that on the show, which is also a little bit of breaking the fourth wall that I really hadn't processed until you just mentioned it. She's directly saying it to them. I'm showing my real life. You girls are not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's the reason why I will defend Mia until the end of time, because you know, listen, you Richie, you of all people know this. You know people love to shade me and throw my name into stuff that I have nothing to do with. So of course the narrative is and I'm sure you saw this, Carlos HiPE Mia up as Carlos fall He said Mia was the star of the shall carl I'm like, and I'm gonna stand ten tones behind it because Mia is doing exactly what I knew she was capable of, which is being real. And again I'm not agreeing with what she does or how she lives her life.
Speaker 1: That's not my job. I'm a viewer.
Speaker 2: I'm watching her and I am entertained by it. I'm entertained by it. What I'm not entertained by is people who don't want to address real things happening in their real lives, and they get away with it because they try to give you a moment, or they deflect, or they do a rehearse read, or they bring on fake relationships and they try to have meetings behind the scenes of the cast members and say this is going to be our main story.
Speaker 1: I don't like that, y'all.
Speaker 2: So so my thing to the audience is what do y'all want? When someone gives y'all real y'all mad at it. But when someone gives y'all a fake boyfriend, where someone gives y'all a fake storyline that was conspired against y'all accepted, Well, so what is it? Y'all want reality or you want the reality that fits you. And I don't want to watch TV shows that makes me comfortable to watch.
Speaker 1: When I watched the eleven o'clock.
Speaker 2: News, I'm uncomfortable what's happening in the neighborhood or in the state that I lived in.
Speaker 1: It makes me uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: But I'm watching it because it's really happening, and I need to understand how the world works, you know, not to get all political and stuff. But I had a conversation recently with a few friends of mine about Kamala Harris, and you know how she lost the election and how a lot of us was surprised she lost because we are in this echo chamber.
Speaker 1: Well, according to everything.
Speaker 2: I saw, I thought she wasn't shoe in, but again right, I thought she was a shoeing And then when the results came out, it was like, oh, it was a landslide loss. So I don't want to live in a world to where I'm being spoon fed things that makes me comfortable.
Speaker 1: I want reality of life.
Speaker 2: And Mia Thornton is giving us the reality of life.
Speaker 1: And it's not our job to be comfortable with it.
Speaker 2: It's our job to watch it and yes, have comments on it and judge it. You know, we're all we're a judgmental world. But it's what we signed on to watch. And it makes me sad that Mia unfortunately is giving the show what it needs and no one appreciates it.
Speaker 3: But I have a question for you.
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 3: To bring it back full circle. Okay, so the name that you christened her Mia be lying your audience believe her, and do the castmates believe her, because every interview that I've seen from Giselle to Wendy is them all saying she's lying. So I think that also adds a layer to this is it? Is it real? That's what I think is also a little like do I trust my own eyes?
Speaker 2: I love it? I love it. I love it, I love it, I love I love it. And and you raised a very good point. Mia did not do herself a good service by not remembering things that should be rememberable. Right.
Speaker 1: I coined the phrase Mia be lying for a reason.
Speaker 2: Right, So I now that I agree with and I did even think about that, So thank you Richie for that too. If the audience is struggling with whether or not we can believe it, I tenth toes down.
Speaker 1: Understand that, got it.
Speaker 2: If we're questioning whether or not it's believable, got it, get it understood.
Speaker 1: Let's have a real conversation about that.
Speaker 2: Right, Mia, girl, we all call you me and be lying, And you know, even my interview with her, thank you me and for saying yes to me. Karen said never, I accept anyone who says yes to reality with the king. So I said to her, Richie, you saw the interview said, let's talk about this, be and be lying, and she goes, Okay, let's talk about it, and she goes, look, it's not that me and be lying. Mia, don'te be remembering and Mia sometimes forget the truth.
Speaker 1: But Ritchie, she's so damn likable. I'm like, look, be Bitchie.
Speaker 3: That I did. Yeah, you know what she is like I mean, and that's what I try to like. I do try to balance that with telling people like this is this is somebody that in reality is likable, Like you can't help it. She's just she's just like that. But uh, the misremembering is not helpful to us in the in the form of the story. And I have to love I love Jacqueline for her, but I have to wonder if Jacqueline helps or hurts her at times.
Speaker 2: Jacqueline's having a bad season too, and Jacqueline knows I love her, and Jacqueline, please don't send me another deal.
Speaker 1: I love Richie. These girls be reading me the DLS. I'm like, look, dude, Richie, I.
Speaker 2: Get a da from a girl who reads me. And I'm like, why is that. Everybody in the world can have.
Speaker 1: An opinion but me. I'm just give me.
Speaker 2: I don't say anything this sparatic about the girls. I just said to you, I was told something about Karen munth Ago. I would never expose that if that is true, because I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm not like that.
Speaker 3: But look, because we're saying this, I feel like we're saying these things in love, right because we love the show so it This ain't no bashing session. This is literally us dissecting the show and the elements of the show. But we got we gotta be able to say what we what we.
Speaker 1: See you would think.
Speaker 2: So unfortunately, looks in the words of Kansas La Bas said, the line is always moving.
Speaker 3: Not a lot is gone.
Speaker 2: A lot of gone, honey, and I'm coloring outside of it. Richie, thank you so much for stepping in this week.
Speaker 1: You have been such a joy.
Speaker 2: Let my rain drops know Richie with the find you follow you and support your amazing podcast, YouTube channel and do we call it a travel blog, like explain all the amazing things you have going on?
Speaker 3: Okay, So first of all, follow me at dj Richie Scott everything on all social media Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, YouTube, snapchat, all of that, and then when you do dive in come travel with me. We got some trips coming up to Thailand. We're doing group trips to Kate Town and Zanzibar, so we got some exciting things coming up. So you guys can if you are a traveler, if you've never traveled out of the country, if you want to travel with the group and your friends don't want to go because they can't, you know, make up their minds, then this is the place for you.
Speaker 1: Richie, I'll see you the next one.
Speaker 2: Love y'all, I love you.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to Reality with the King.
Speaker 2: New episodes drop on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King wherever you get your podcast, visit Reality withthe King dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Yes Baby, my YouTube channel where you can get all of my visuals, baby, my expressions, Yes, and don't forget Tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag Reality with the King. Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom Rain Entertainment, an executive produced by me Carlos King, Kingdom Rain Entertainment, Baby