Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Hecma Harrison, and Newie Scruggs.
Speaker 4: Here we are Friday Friday.
Speaker 5: Friday Players Lounge brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming in the SWBC podcast studios Here in Prisco.
Speaker 2: Home Kid the.
Speaker 4: Dallas Cowboys is Friday two.
Speaker 5: Is entering and going into the cowboys first home game.
Speaker 4: Of the season.
Speaker 5: They're riding high one and after beating up the Cleveland Browns thirty three to seventeen, they take on the New Orleans Saints, who demolished the Carolina Panthers forty seventy ten at Jerry World. Highest ticket in the game this week twenty five for the highest ticket. If you want to go to that Chargers Panther game in Charlotte, North Carolina, it's twenty five dollars.
Speaker 6: Here you go to Marking Basement, bring the family. It's a difference between one hundred dollars and ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: You know, that's that's true.
Speaker 5: One of the things I have learned many years in the business of when they're selling tickets, quit called the family four pack. When they get to the family four pack.
Speaker 4: Four tickets, forts holders and four hot dogs for X amount of dollars, you know the team is going to be bad. So you see the family next to the right.
Speaker 5: They are that all right, players labs, the participants are Heck Mayarrison in the building, Bury Church, former Dallas Cowboys safety, I am knew, he shrugs before we dive into.
Speaker 4: The Cowboys deeply. Last night, we were all wrong about the Miamians.
Speaker 2: O the man. Ah, we did ourselves.
Speaker 5: Yes, Church, you have Miami winning twenty eight, twenty four. Heck, but you had them winning seventeen to ten. I had them winning twenty to seventeen. Tua knocked out with a concussion and Buffalo just ran right through them. Buffalo now two and zero. A lot of people wondered if they were gonna fall off here. Now the questions are like, okay, to how much?
Speaker 4: How much? How long do you want to keep doing this? Young man?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's tough. I mean to watch that happen. Now it did.
Speaker 8: And then to me that there's always a telltale sign is when the guy's kind of rigid sitting there on this you know, arms stuck in it. I forget what the word to describe that is. But that's a scary scene because I mean, that's what number three or four for him, And I mean, you know, I know the quarterbacks are protected in this league, but all it takes is one of those shots once again for something devastating to happen. And that wasn't even like one of those blow up shots, like like we were talking about Troy Aikman the other day when you were there, when Arrington went through them on on that concrete surface out there, it wasn't even one of those type of hits.
Speaker 4: It was a routine, let me thudge you up.
Speaker 8: But the way he hit his head on the side and that guy's chess played, it just happened to affects Tua and man, that's a scary situation he has a decision to make or that.
Speaker 5: Video, ma I sit the other day the vide your uncle uncle Joe Steelers right right down. They were out there w getting out of that.
Speaker 4: That's a wild video in it.
Speaker 6: It was you know what I really thought that the irony of DeMar Hamlin being the one that tackled him on that play.
Speaker 4: Sick about it.
Speaker 6: I mean, here's a guy in tomar Hamlin that literally died on the field, and man, we talk about how dangerous this game is, and we talked about obviously we're on the other side. We talk about the money, we talk about Super Bowls, we talk about all these other things. But then on the flip side of it, it's something is something can happen like this. It really turns your stomach upside down. To me as a parent, I'm sure you guys are the same.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Look, I told my son, men.
Speaker 6: Pick anything else, pick up a golf club, pick up something, you know, do anything else. But you know, just like my wife said, he gonna he gonna do what you love. And as soon as he could grab a football is like a mult to a flame.
Speaker 2: He took right to it.
Speaker 6: And it's like, it's hard to tell people not to do something that they love. And I feel more for his parents, the people that love him more than anything, because this isn't like it's the first time that this has happened, with three, four, five occasions, and you start to say to yourself, like, okay, when is somebody else going to intervene in this situation to kind of save him from himself. But his passion is locked up in football, and as you understand, as you know and growing up playing this game, it's hard to say, look man, it's time, you know, And look man, my heart goes out to him and his family, and I know it's gonna be a tough decision to make. The money doesn't mean anything, man, if you don't have your health and you're not there to enjoy it with your family.
Speaker 4: Yes, so wish too well. But the Dolphins, that's tough.
Speaker 6: They are in a tough situation because of the money that they paid to her, and now obviously as a fan base, as a franchise, they got to be really more forward thinking about him than they are right now in their own current situation. So they need to be combing every roster in the NFL right now trying to find a guy to come in and help them, because you know, this is this is tough.
Speaker 2: This is a tough situation.
Speaker 5: And their scouts better be out there looking at quarterbacks this year because you have to at some point in time address that you have to go look at play and b because of what's going on with a tongue of Byaloa their quarterback in Miami. The quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys is in a very good spot.
Speaker 2: Right yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 5: Highst paid player in the game finished second last last year in the MVP voting. Dak Prescott did not have a big time statistical game against the Cleveland Browns, but he did the job that he needed to do. So the Cowboys come back home. They ball out okay last year, well even in the playoff game that that put up four hundred some empty calories.
Speaker 2: Right, you can say it, but you know he just say it. Come on, job sat Yeah.
Speaker 5: Two ways context. He did put those numbers up game over, but he did it put up so the Cowboys are good at home and and this is this is where he excels. And of course he talked about how many because he's from Louisiani and his friends you know about go Saints, that kind of thing.
Speaker 4: I want to ask you, Church, what's that feeling like?
Speaker 5: Man, when you're you're from the Pittsburgh your friends all know you played for the Cowboys and then they're playing Steelers this week and they're like, you know, I'm a Steeler fan.
Speaker 4: How does that hit you man.
Speaker 8: Oh man, I used to love it because you know, I played the Steelers when I was here in Dallas and when I was in Jacksonville, undefeated against Pittsburgh the entire time I was. Actually I did lost one time, but that was a Jacksonville anyways. We beat them in the playoffs anyway. So I love it because people always hit the group chat my boys from high school. Man, they about to whoop you big Ben's about to do this, that and the third man and we go out there and whoop them boys.
Speaker 4: I got Bragg and Rice for the rest of the year.
Speaker 8: It's like what you said about what you said about the Cowboys, what you say about Jacksonville.
Speaker 4: Oh, Pittsburgh did what?
Speaker 8: So this is the same thing with Dak Prescott, I assume, I mean, his boys probably hit him with messing with them.
Speaker 4: Man, the Saints about to do you dirty.
Speaker 8: You know, Derek Carr is the real number before blah blah blah blah, man car or that car. Prescott's about to go out there and showing what it is. I mean, I just don't see this as being a big time matchup, man. I see this as being the Cowboys wrecking shop.
Speaker 4: On the Saints.
Speaker 8: And I'm sure we'll dive further into it, but I just don't see Derek Carr being back there, being able to orchestrate in the offense like he did against Carolina. He's going to be seeing ghost out there. He's gonna get those happy feet, and that's where the Cowboys are gonna eat.
Speaker 6: Now that's I mean, that's that home. You know, this is home, home, cooks home. And he's already admittedly been a Cowboy fan his entire life.
Speaker 2: So it ain't nothing changed.
Speaker 6: He's, like he said in his interview, it's like, man, it'd be a different thing if I grew up a Saints fan, but he didn't. But to still, that's a big rivalry. I mean because we're right next door to each other. So obviously, like my my whole thing is, it's gonna be so many Saints fans at at and T Stadium, so so many Saints fans converging on the metro plax getting ready for the game.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 6: I mean, obviously, you throw you can throw the records out. It's just like when it Eagles, we hook up with the Eagles, the Commanders Giants throw the records out because you know, it's gonna be fuel, it's gonna be competitive.
Speaker 2: I'm with you.
Speaker 6: I expect this to be a game that the Dallas Cowboys come in and they handle them. But at the same time, with some of the things that they have going on right now in New Orleans that I saw, especially in that first game, it's gonna be some pressure. They're gonna They're gonna apply pressure from a lot of different places. And as we talked about it yesterday, communication is gonna be key. I think Dak is gonna have to make some tight throws in this game, some tight window throws in this game. He's gonna have to pick it apart. He's got to read this defense very well, and he showed in that first game against Cleveland that he has the ability to do it.
Speaker 4: So he's gonna have to build on that. Church. Let me go back to that Pittsburgh game. That was the ze game.
Speaker 5: Yeah he took off when but but before the touchdown.
Speaker 4: With Ben Roethlisberger, that was when he did the deep.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's why he did a fake spikes and yeah yeah, yeah, the fake spight there.
Speaker 4: So what was that? What was that theme? Like?
Speaker 5: Defensively like a man, he got us, and then you see dak Z cook up and you and you win the game.
Speaker 4: Well, you know when you get got like that.
Speaker 8: On the face and you're like, man, these tricky MUDs like you can't beat the straight up, you're gonna pull some Shenanigans out here and hit us what he did.
Speaker 4: But you know it's a veteran quarterback.
Speaker 8: He understands how to how to work the system and get those touchdowns happening.
Speaker 4: So when that happened, everybody was sitting there like, man, here we go.
Speaker 8: Because the year before, you know, anytime we got a little bit of the leader, a little something, we knew, here we go. And I think that's the year we had Castle in there at quarterback, and like I said, no disrespect, but he wasn't the greatest of quarterbacks. And we knew if we did, if we didn't have at least a you know, a two touchdown league, something.
Speaker 4: Was gonna happen.
Speaker 7: So once again we get into that situation.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 8: Man, we're relying on these two rookies to go out here and try to lead us to the to the promised Land, and that's exactly what they were able to do. And then that From that point on, it was just like, man, you know what, that to me is the game where everybody was like, hey, force that guy like he's that guy. He didn't buck under no pressure. He's a rookie going into that situation and you're thinking, all right, you know the weight's on you.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: Just crowd the crowd in Pittsburgh, like you.
Speaker 8: Know, it's loud, all that stuff is going on, and he just cool, calm and collected, went down the football field, dropped the perfect dime off the zeke, and he did the rest. That's when we knew, man, these two young len are special man. And the rest of the season was that. But that was a little cheap move by Ben, a little fake spikeing and faded up on us like that.
Speaker 4: I'm like, come on, man.
Speaker 8: Protect yourself at all time, straight up. Gotta be on a swivel. But yeah, you know he got us with that one though.
Speaker 5: That was good when I know, I know, I know your household was going crazy.
Speaker 6: Come on, man, everybody got their circles right now. I mean, we still we got to steal this year. Don't don't think they ever forgot about it.
Speaker 5: That would mean something. Of course, that that one still means something. Pittsburgh Dallas is just something about it going up there.
Speaker 4: Heck Mann. I we're still not over super Bowl thirteen. You don't grow up a.
Speaker 5: Cowboy fan and have some of you. There's certain game you just never forget. Referee decided to make sure Charlie Waters got locked. It was the Cliff Harris, his Franco just run straight up. Stuff was stuff happening thirteen. Still he's still so about it.
Speaker 4: Day to day.
Speaker 5: I've always said this, and I believe it to my core, and I've had several of the great Cowboy players. When the Cowboys lost Super Bowl thirteen, there were a lot of gold jackets that were lost. Some of them have been recovered, like ray Field Right and Drew Pearson and Cliff Harris. But the Cowboys won Super Bowl twelve, so they would have been back to back, would have been the first team in NFL history to win three Super Bowls. They would have been the team of the seventies, not the Steelers, who ended up winning three championships in four years and one four in the seventies. A lot lot you know, all the gold jackets basically went to the Steelers. They got to spoils. The Cowboys didn't get him, and it was it was that first of all, the greatest Super Bowl game ever played at that point. Some people will argue someone, but at that time you ever seen a higher game.
Speaker 4: It was tremendous.
Speaker 5: Jackie Harris dropped the dog on ball, got to be the sickest man in America. So beaten him in the chest. Yeah, yeah, you gotta get that. And then he got in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: Go figure, remember.
Speaker 5: He got in the Hall of fam Yeah, I mean so so no. I mean, as a kid man, it was hard to go to sky. I want to go to school, man. Ye, black parents don't care. I try to go, try to hurt. That was hurtful, man, it was hurtful. So yeah, a tremendous game. I said, a lot of a lot of gold Jackets lost that day. I mean you start to look at those those two rosters in Super Bowl thirteen. There's a lot of Hall of famers, you know, from the coaching staff, assistant coaches play. I mean, it was a man, it was the start of the game.
Speaker 6: This summer, I did a panel discussion with Drew Pears and Clint Cliff Harris. Uh Joe Green and Mel Blunt and they talked about that Super Bowl, and I mean, some of the things that come up in those discussions about that particular game, and the still is just ADMNTIMN. How did y'all go away from the running game?
Speaker 2: How did you?
Speaker 4: How did you? I mean?
Speaker 6: And the thing and the thing is like guys like Drew Pearson, He's sitting there, He's like, I've never heard and he looked over at Mel Blunt said, I never heard you say that.
Speaker 2: Well, I never heard you say that.
Speaker 6: But those are things that resonate from a game that was played fifty years ago, fifty years your uncle.
Speaker 5: Joe Green told me that about seven years ago. He's like, you know, we couldn't stop it, and it was just it was Tom Landry out coaching himself. And then you talked to Tony Dorset, Pittsburgh native, by the way, you know, won a national championship the University of Pittsburgh in a high spot trophy.
Speaker 4: Tony Tony d still.
Speaker 6: Man to this day, to this day.
Speaker 4: When when when a player like Joe Green.
Speaker 5: Tells you we couldn't stop it that day, and you you know, he's like you Kyle Shannon time out there, like Kyle Shannon had beating himself that day.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, straight. How do you get that straight? Kyle Shanahan got that? How lucky with you to get to do that panel?
Speaker 6: Man, I'm blessed, come on, man, Yeah, And you know, I'm just really kind of a prisoner of the moment. I'm saying to myself, Man, like so many people's childhood was wrapped up, and it's so many people that loved the game of football. That was a moment, especially coming from the Cowboys being that dynasty in the seventies and all those great players associated with it. But they even mentioned exactly what you say, the gold jackets that were handed out in games like that, And I mean, look, that just goes into the nostalgia of the NFL and people think that this is a game that people I just woke up and loved it, you know, But great games have happened and so much you know, pageantry around this game that we love so much.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 6: But I tell you what, I was a prisoner of the moment just sitting there and realizing, man, like this is Hall of Fame for sure.
Speaker 5: Thirty five thirty one incredible, incredible football game. Tremendous performances in that game.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I am going up to Pittsburgh for the first time this year for that Cowboy Yeah, I definitely want to go see that. Let's get our first break in here. Let's get back into previewing and talking about the Cowboys as you get ready for the Saints. We need to do our YETI cool customer who is the player that we thing has to be cool under pressure getting things done for the Cowboys in order to win this game. He's Heck Maharis has Berry Church on new Scuts plays last back to you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 9: Hey there, Cowboys Nation, Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a Proun sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred Gambler.
Speaker 4: That's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 10: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even us pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 4: Prescott kitts it slides for the.
Speaker 10: First down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookianc crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 11: Perfect bro, My goodness, wow, did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 10: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 9: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 4: The Jack Black Playmaker is four of.
Speaker 9: Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP that's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 2: Are you the.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallas Cowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year, Go Cowboys to the players Lounge.
Speaker 6: Yetti official cooler and drinkwaar of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Yes, Sir, Yes sir, he's hec.
Speaker 5: Maharrison in the house, Barry Church, former Cowboys Safety have new restructs. Cowboys and Saints. Hi noon, Okay, let's do it. Public service message. It's the first game. It's gonna be packed. Better leave early. You know you got Saints fans coming to town. They're gonna tailgate. They're gonna bring the good gumbo and everything else. So get there early. It's first off.
Speaker 4: So you go ahead. Mooch off people. I was gladly you come to the tailgate with nothing. Wow. What team come with.
Speaker 5: It's I don't even get I'm not your water.
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 5: I'm not bringing that team that teams bringing a smile.
Speaker 4: You cut hey man, you want yeah, let me get a plate, quick, let me get a plate.
Speaker 5: Oh heck, just showed they want a smile. They gonnat they want to give it to you. They want they want to feed you. Oh yeah, no, no, bro, I come to the tail game. These games nothing but the appetite and smile.
Speaker 4: I ain't gonna never drink up your liquors. So I can't. That's the beauty of me, the beauty of me.
Speaker 2: I'm just drinking with you.
Speaker 5: You're coming with your red cup. Yes, he's coming with his yetty mean see that's like me right there, man, I'm not coming. Keeps be that plate exactly the plate.
Speaker 4: Give me a plate, yes, yes, yes, all right? Who who do you want to pick? Everybody get your saying your person.
Speaker 5: Last week I went with mister Guitton for the cool customer, yetti, cool customer, and he came through. You guys had dak that did his part. That's depth, specially on the Blitz. They came through through a perfect time to Brandon Cook. So I'll go first, Okay, Tank Lawrence, stop the run. Yeah, it's about stopping the run. We saw last week New Orleans thirty seven runs in that football game, thirty seven one hundred eighty to one undred eighty yards and two touchdowns. That's what the Saints did to Carolina, stopped the run. The new offensive coordinator for the Saints comes from that, Kyle Shanahantree. That guy's already said, Okay, let's figure out how what do we do? So that's for me the YETI cool customers gonna be able to stop the run. And I'm gonna look at the Marcus Lawrence to help lead the way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm with you as far as the front seven.
Speaker 8: But I'm gonna go with Kendricks as my cool customer because I believe he's gonna have to. Somebody's gonna have to match up with Kamara out of the backfield. I mean, we understand how great of a receiving threat he is with the screens, with the option routes coming out of the backfield, and he's usually ice laid it on one of those linebackers. And I believe they'll put Kendricks, you know, at least to start with on Kamar coming out of the backfield. I think he has to limit that guy to force Derek Carter think more downfielders that are getting the ball out of his hands quick and when that happens.
Speaker 7: Your feet right into the hands of the defense man.
Speaker 4: It's tough.
Speaker 6: Y'all win defense. I was expecting y'all to go to offense again. Y'all left me too many options. So I'm gonna go Ceedee Lamb. I'm gonna go Ceedee Lamb. I think the Ceede Lamb has the ability to break this game open. I think with the blitzes that the pressure that Dak is gonna see getting the ball out of his hands, allowing this passing game to flourish. I think also Ceede Lam's gonna get an opportunity to carry the ball as we saw last week.
Speaker 2: So a lot of that attack.
Speaker 6: Going up against guys like Latimer Latimore that we don't know it's going to be healthy, but a table on the other side for him. So attacking this secondary and getting those big plays at home, we're going to be important.
Speaker 8: Who was that guy he had three sacks for the Saints last game.
Speaker 4: Corner. I want to say it was Yeah, they rushed a lot of people. Man, that dude was coming out there.
Speaker 8: I'm watching the tape like, man, yeah, they said this guy off the middle, and I'm like, this dude.
Speaker 2: Is a corner like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so they got I mean, look, the Saint's got a lot of different options, man. And the thing is, like I said yesterday, Dennis Allen love him, I hate him.
Speaker 2: He gonna bring. He gonna bring the kitchen sink.
Speaker 6: And the one thing that I love about Dak in this matchup is he spent all summer and this offseason going up against the defense that he knows been aggressive. That's the one thing that you've heard coming out of Oxnard is I don't they are applying a lot of pressure each and every day. I don't know if there's cover two, cover three, what it is, and so he's seeing it every day in practice.
Speaker 2: Obviously right now it's.
Speaker 6: All scout team and all of that stuff, but still just knowing that you have on the other side DBS that you will break on it and will take those chances. And I think that the Saints are going to be able to bring that same type of atmosphere to at and T.
Speaker 5: We were looking for Cleveland and try to run the football. They could not do it effectively at all. Is this what Mike Zimmer's going you know, is he does he figured it out here because it's been a problem for three years. Running as good as Dan Quinn was in his time as defensive coordinator, the Cowboys just were never where they needed to be to stop the run against the good football teams. And the Saints are a team we saw last week they wanted to run the ball. We don't know yet if they're going to be a good running team, but so.
Speaker 4: Far, so good. Let's see what the Cowboys can do. Can they handle another test?
Speaker 5: And if the Cowboys are able to do this replicate what they did against Cleveland, well then I'm going to be I don't have the final box stats here that's in the game, but that to me is going to be something pretty key. It was my concern coming into the season from the defensive line standpoint, can you stop the running on the other side of the offensive line, can you block it up? And can you run the football? And so to me, I just really believe with this Cowboys team. We know they're going to score at home. Okay, they're putting up thirty plus if you can stop the run and limit them from scoring UH and making making life tough for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, this is UH.
Speaker 6: And just to recap what we'd already talked about throughout the week, man, we talked about Mazi and Osa Diggi Zua this being a very important game for them because you know that the Saints are gonna try that offensive line. They're all about getting to the second level. And Alvin Kamara as he is one of those guys that once this offensive once this running game for the Saints gets going, everything else is gonna come behind that. And so look, Chris Olave to me, big time wide receiver, but I don't worry about him as much because of the dbs that we have.
Speaker 4: We've got.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think Diggs can handle this match. I'm not against anybody, but I'm taking Digs in this matchup because I think even for him and on the other side, for the rookie, this shouldn't be too overwhelming of a match up. The first week they go up against Amari Cooper, So like I had, I had more hesitancy knowing that they were going up against Coop than I am right now.
Speaker 2: The way I feel about a lave.
Speaker 8: What I just don't understand is what, you know, what these offensive coordinators do when they go against the Cowboys, because when you look at it, you're feeding right into their hand when you try to drop back and pass the football. I'm looking at these numbers from you know, the game against the Cleveland Browns. At the end of the first quarter, the Browns had a total of three rushes. Yeah, like, you rush the ball only three times after the first half, six you rush them ball six times in the after the third quarter, you had a total of.
Speaker 4: Ten rushes and the game was not out of hand by that. They abandoned it.
Speaker 2: They abandoned it completely.
Speaker 7: Its every time I don't understand it.
Speaker 4: Maybe the Saints, you know, will put more effort into running.
Speaker 8: The football, but it's just see like you fall straight into what the Dallas Cowboys do best, and that's get after the past. Or you would think you want to make it a little bit more balanced. But three rushes in one quarter that that ain't gonna do that. Six for the first half. I mean, they're gonna pin their ears back and get.
Speaker 6: After you all day. Alonte Taylor is the guy you're talking about. Number one for the Saints. He's the one half the three sacks and he's and that's the way that look didn't have a clue.
Speaker 2: He didn't have a clue where the pressure was coming from.
Speaker 6: The clock never went off, And so that's why it's so equally important for Dak to get the ball out of his hands.
Speaker 5: That first game for the Panthers is Church having played here.
Speaker 4: How do you view a first.
Speaker 5: Game like that where it's just like, hey, these guys didn't have a clue.
Speaker 4: What is the how do you not eat the cheese as parcelsa.
Speaker 8: After that first game or during that first game, after the first after the first game, I mean when you look at it, if you're the Cowboys and you see who the Saints went up against, you're looking over there like, man, all right, you know obviously they didn't play against a top notched caliber team when you talk about the Carolina Panthers. But we can't fall into that same trap, you know, thinking that all man, you know, we got these dudes. They beat up on the Panthers, but they ain't got nothing for us. You know, we beat them in the past. We understand who they got. You can't fall into that track because each year is different in my understanding, and I will give credit to Mike McCarthy on this one.
Speaker 7: He always seems to have his team outside of the playoffs.
Speaker 8: He does always they seem to have his team prepared to go and doesn't sleepwalk on anybody going into these games. They beat up on the team that they're supposed to beat. We saw that all last season. You go against the Giants, you beat up on those guys. You go against the Carolina Panthers of the world, you beat up on those guys. So he always has his team ready to play and ready to go. So to me, I don't see them falling into a trap saying, Okay, you know we're going against the Saints. And even though the Saints beat up on Carolina, they ain't got nothing for us. They treat every opponent with the respect that's due and then they go out there and handle their business.
Speaker 6: When you watch the all twenty two, those thirty and watch those thirty seven runs, those were all downhill runs.
Speaker 2: I mean, shortyard runs. That was the one thing.
Speaker 6: But when you see them picking up you know, those seven, those eight, those five, you know, and they distributed distributed the ball amongst four running backs.
Speaker 4: Those thirty seven times.
Speaker 6: So that is a heavy commitment even though you're you're up big in that game, and that's what you would expect to run the ball like that. I just don't see Kobyak coming into this game and abandoning the run like you saw the Browns. And so it's gonna it's it's gonna have to be a commitment to making sure that your balance because the number one thing that you know is that this defense is that they're advantageous. They want to turn the ball over, they want to force fumbles, they want to get sacks, and Derek Carr is at his worst. I mean, like his carriage turns into a pumpkin when you are hitting him and you are intercepting him. And so that's the key to victory on defenses, not letting that run the game going.
Speaker 8: Were you surprised that they did so many downhill runs knowing that you know, usually Saints rushing attack is the zone reads. It's that like everybody going sideways and they let Kamar pick which hole he wants to go in.
Speaker 7: Were you surprised that it was that many downhill runs because I was.
Speaker 8: I thought for sure it was going to be more stretch runs and letting Kamarro figure out what he wants to do with it.
Speaker 2: I was surprised with those downhill runs, No, he wasn't.
Speaker 6: And I was more surprised with them going with a fullback, Like damn, that's old school and they come with a fullback.
Speaker 4: I mean they were gashing them.
Speaker 6: I mean, and they were being playing very physical against Carolina. That was a beat down. That was a don't come back up here, no more type spanking that they gave him. And like, you know, seeing the Saints in this new it's like a it's literally like a new consciousness for the Saints. They have changed their offense completely under Kubiak, and I think it fits everything that they do. I mean, they're not as they don't have the Michael Thomas's of the world anymore on the outside, and so they have to play to what they do best, and that's the power game.
Speaker 2: And you know, I like it.
Speaker 4: I like it because what it.
Speaker 6: Does is it forces you to stop it, and if you don't, it's gonna be a long full quarters. Not just for the Dallas Cowboys, everybody that's in the NFC South that think the Saints are still the same. You look at this offense, the way that they are putting their carr. They're not trying to put him in harm's way, but allow thirty seven. Come on, thirty seven carries for one hundred and eighty yards. That's saying, look, man, that's bullyball, and so we're gonna have to chase the bullies in this game.
Speaker 5: You're right, And then it's just that whole thing of you weren't with the Cowboys, and you remember it the time they had to face the Rams and the Rams weren't any good. They were going up to Saint Louis and Pacman Jones is on the team and they're like, hey, what about the Rams, and he just kind of looked at them.
Speaker 2: Oh god, it.
Speaker 4: Brad Johnson if they went up and got beat.
Speaker 5: So I don't want to say it's the Panthers, dude, but you you uh, and even for the for the Saints and SAT Fan, you know, SAT Fan is like Cleland and I'm like the Panthers.
Speaker 4: Dude, it's the Panthers.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, just it's the homecoming, Okay, it's it's it's you being a Power five team and you book you t Martin to come in here, you're supposed to give him that work. Don't sit around Here's like, don't don't assume this is what it's gonna be. It's the Cowboys. It's gonna be a little bit different this week. But I just know that the Cowboys. You Yes, you won game one and you look good doing it, but the last time you were in your building, you embarrass yourself.
Speaker 4: You need to you still need to make up for that.
Speaker 2: No, that's an absolute truth.
Speaker 5: The fans, the fans deserve you to go out there and do what you did against Cleveland.
Speaker 4: You older fans after after the last year's.
Speaker 6: Now that, I mean, hopefully they got the chalk up, the yellow tape is gone.
Speaker 4: Don't let the things come out with a boom box.
Speaker 6: No, I wish they would come out with a boom box, maybe bo box.
Speaker 4: Of the dude spreading some voodoo.
Speaker 6: They we're gonna run there, Okay, don't don't y'all listen to that'll come out here with those sage.
Speaker 2: We ain't going for that.
Speaker 6: Man shadow Man from We're not going They're gonna have to come with more than that, you know, But you're right, I mean, but also on top of that, this victory would be seventeen regular season home victories, and come on, come on, it means something newly. Don't do that. Don't don't do that, it means something. So yeah, really, really, seventeen seventeenth the crib?
Speaker 2: What does that?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, seventeen at the crib?
Speaker 4: That's what is it? That's that's the game? Are we gonna do this game? Are we gonna do this? This game?
Speaker 2: We're gonna do this all season? Are we gonna do this all season?
Speaker 6: Where the Dallas Cowboys can't enjoy a little bit, we can't even do it, can't come. You know what I'm saying, we all year long. We're gonna come next week it's gonna be Baltimore. And I already know what it's gonna be all week long already.
Speaker 4: Man, y'all, ain't you know who we got already? Man, we gotta take you.
Speaker 6: But I already know. So what y'all not gonna do is make me enjoy the regular season at all. I gotta do that. I have to hobinate until we get to the to the playoffs because I gotta be able to enjoy something. I mean, even in Cincinnati, doll they get a chance to go game by game, and I said seventeen.
Speaker 4: That don't mean nothing, know it? No, no, damn no, it doesn't.
Speaker 2: I try.
Speaker 5: You know it doesn't you know your heart when you're one of the ultimate cowboy fans that I know, listen, even you know that's all. That didn't mean anything when you watch the Packers come in here and take your part.
Speaker 4: Didn't it?
Speaker 5: And then well two years ago when they had the nice home record, then the forty nine come out with the boom box and lay the wood te on offensive defense.
Speaker 4: It means nothing, not to much.
Speaker 6: But as much as you say that, a lot of these everything that's on here, this means something. Forty one point five career sacks, that means something. Sixty one interceptions since twenty twenty one. I mean, come on, that means something. You can't take it. Oh, this is trivia. It means something, don't it. Don't the numbers mean something?
Speaker 4: Watch this?
Speaker 5: You know my man Ivory LT Yeah, hunting the Lions has more career playoff sacks and Mike Parsons.
Speaker 4: You got got more playoff with. All I can do is he with Who's next?
Speaker 6: I can That's all I can do it, That's all I can do is deal with who next. I can't even I can't project out into the playoffs. I can only project out into what's going on on Sunday.
Speaker 2: I can't do it. And I'm gonna be here all season.
Speaker 4: Long, just letting you know. The regular season it just doesn't it doesn't matter. It doesn't, it doesn't you know what it.
Speaker 5: Has if I don't if I don't win them, it doesn't hit like that anymore.
Speaker 6: If I don't win the games during the regular season, I don't even get to go to the playoffs. So you're not gonna do cowboy fans like that and tell me, tell them that it don't mean nothing, because I'm not gonna let you do that.
Speaker 4: Man. Okay, you know who's not gonna let you do that.
Speaker 5: Jerry Jones gonna do McCarthy said, Jerry, look at all these regulars he's winning. Okay, uh a contract. I need to see something in the playoffs. I mean, this is this is.
Speaker 4: Where we're at.
Speaker 2: That's true, this is where you're at.
Speaker 4: So so what you're saying.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna take this from us math, it's true.
Speaker 6: But what don't do that? You're putting don't do that you know how hard it is to get a win in the NFL. Do not do that, man, It's every week we're gonna have to do this.
Speaker 5: Man trying to have every bander he can, trying to hang a band. Seventeen raised in the playoffs. Seventeen Yes, we them boys.
Speaker 4: The boys.
Speaker 2: That's all right, let's be crying.
Speaker 5: Let's pick some games next the players line. Watch you by Aristocrat game.
Speaker 6: You just let that go man, seventeen Baby, I'm Cowboys alumni. Dannie mccraig, Smoothie King asking, what's that sound. That's the sound of me sipping one of their powerpacksmoothies with over ten grams of protein, with real fruits and organic veggies.
Speaker 2: Because that's Smoothie King.
Speaker 4: What you see is what you sip.
Speaker 6: So grab a delicious Smoothie King Smoothie, throw a straw in your jaw. It gets sipping Real Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 12: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 4: Hey their Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 9: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels, Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a Proun sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one hundred gambler that's twenty hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 11: Raising Canes presents the other rules of football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to Order Cane's chicken fingers is prohibited.
Speaker 4: Rule twelve no crinkle.
Speaker 11: Cut fries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation and Rule thirty one. Anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of canes when it comes to winning game day Caines rules raising canes, chicken fingers one Love Go Cowboys.
Speaker 2: To the players.
Speaker 6: Loud Rally Days presented by give NFL fans and experience of a lifetime the day prior to Dallas Cowboy home games on September fourteenth, Enjoy activities at Miller Lighthouse, get a behind the scenes tour of at and T Stadium, and more. Visit at T stadium dot com Slash Rally Days for more information and to get your tickets to date.
Speaker 5: That is heck Ma Harrison buryed Church from a Cowboy Safety and the Restructure Players lines brought to you buy Aristocrat Gaming, Cowboys, Saints.
Speaker 2: Let's get right to the seventeen Man, I miss something. Are you guys ready?
Speaker 6: You gotta shoot me down like duck Hunt as soon as I come out of the bushes.
Speaker 4: Hey that right, man?
Speaker 2: I was ready for Picks?
Speaker 5: Yes, Church, put your money away, We're doing Picks.
Speaker 13: Pittsburgh at Denver. Pittsburgh is favored by two and a half.
Speaker 2: What I'm sorry, Chris, What I'm sorry?
Speaker 13: Pittsburgh at Denver. Pittsburgh is favored by two and a half.
Speaker 5: You know what, let's ride that's right right with Russ.
Speaker 4: He's playing rus I mean and even Russ.
Speaker 5: He's gonna be on the sideline clapping, doing some knee ups and whatever to help out.
Speaker 2: They're going to Denver, right, going to Denver.
Speaker 4: There a way for us.
Speaker 5: Everybody gonna get together this one for Russ.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Chris Man.
Speaker 6: Pittsburgh won last week without scoring a touchdown.
Speaker 2: I don't right, it's crazy going.
Speaker 5: Against a Rooie quarter twenty two, twenty one, rough fighting, Russell Wilson.
Speaker 7: Give me the Burg as well, give me the Burgh seventeen ten.
Speaker 6: Gody, all right, I'm going with the Stellers. I'm going with the Stellers on this one. To Man twenty five twenty one.
Speaker 13: All right, next game up, we got the Rams at Arizona. Arizona is favored by.
Speaker 7: One who couldn't them out though, huh, pooka out of there.
Speaker 4: Give me Arizona, okay, twenty five twenty yeah, give.
Speaker 8: Me give me a mister, call of duty, let me get that. Twenty eight.
Speaker 6: Twenty one. Wow, man, I'm going with the Rams on this. Man, don't give me the rams. Yeah, give me the rams. I'm gonna go twenty four to twenty three. Just give me something crazy, all right.
Speaker 13: Next game, we got Cleveland at Duvall. Oh Man, Duvall by three? Ooh, how you picked this?
Speaker 4: Give me?
Speaker 8: Did that look good in a second half? Cleveland either, Yeah, give me Duvalls. It's you know it's at the ball. Give me uh yeah. Let me get Trevor Lawrence and them twenty four fourteen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, don't know if they got an even sage therapist and helper.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: Now he had a tough week.
Speaker 5: People coming out of the woodworks trying to get their sue on one more time. Give me Duval to go ahead and get this thing done. I will take a twenty to fourteen win.
Speaker 4: For du.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I have to see in the after seeing the Browns. I can't do that. Man.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with Duval on this one too.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 13: Seventeen ten, all right, we got the Giants at Washington. Washington is favored by one and a half.
Speaker 14: Man somewhere toilet just f brother, you don't want the toys, the problem plus the toilet says coming out all on you, Oh God, as that media that former content they ended up admitting tape.
Speaker 2: Poor guy, poor guy.
Speaker 5: Give me DQ DQ and company. You know what, I'm gonna go twenty one.
Speaker 4: Sixteen.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I will never again back Daniel Jones. So yeah, give me DC man, we're together on a lot of these picks. Man, all right, seventeen fourteen.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna command this too. Uh, it's gonna be an ugly one, man, So give me twenty.
Speaker 2: God, it's twenty to seventeen.
Speaker 4: Okay, And next game down New Orleans at Dallas, thirty three, twenty three Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Yeah, give me the Cowboys on this one. Let me get the Cowboys twenty four to seventeen.
Speaker 4: School over thirty A games.
Speaker 6: So yeah, come on now, y'all, don't go with the cowboys. I had to pick come on, reseats. We already picked it, y'all. This y'all had it already picked on our on our on our boards. So I had the same getting to the area losing this one. Yeah, So I mean I got the boys here, so on this. Look, let's let's go thirty five. I'm going thirty five.
Speaker 2: Twenty. I think we smoke them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, get our seventeenth regular Yeah, yeah, seventeenth regular season home victory at the.
Speaker 4: Koreb Rep where you're from. Raised the flag, Raise the flag.
Speaker 2: All that man is going up. Man, you're not taking us.
Speaker 6: You're not taking this from us, New We're gonna go game at a time, one game at a time.
Speaker 2: We've got Baltimore next weekend. I know what you're gonna be saying.
Speaker 4: All week next week.
Speaker 2: But anyway, let's deal with my game right now. Deal what we got. Come on, Newie, Oh y'all.
Speaker 6: Man, ain't no way, ain't no way, ain't no way, ain't no way.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: We do it every time, every time, every time.
Speaker 4: Man, where's my phone finger? Chris?
Speaker 2: I need my phone finger back and my phone helmet?
Speaker 4: Man, I need I need it back. Then we need to bring it back. One win. What you mean outfit here in a minute.
Speaker 6: I'm not gonna put on the crazy rate outfit, but what I will do is pull out the pham finger and pointed at you after we get this dumb all right, So come on, man, I love it each and every week of you, Right, Chris.
Speaker 4: I would go shopping in the pro shop.
Speaker 13: Of that happened was that if you want your pham finger your hot Yes, yes, you need, you need. The thing around your neck is a big old star, right.
Speaker 4: Yes, come on, give me the light of the glasses.
Speaker 5: That was the old Taco Charlton chain hot Boy, Hot boys chain to boy.
Speaker 2: Does it have to hear talk? See what I'm saying. How you put a negative?
Speaker 4: You see how you borrow, borrow take large? Lawrence Boy.
Speaker 2: Now, y'all not slick hot boys a website.
Speaker 4: The boys had chained though.
Speaker 5: Remember everybody would go sue San Francisco. They in the Super Bowl. You argue about who's the hot one?
Speaker 14: Joy, better leave my team along.
Speaker 2: Cowboy Nation, y'all know what time?
Speaker 4: Many boys?
Speaker 6: All right, okay, let's get your boy merch. Listen, seventeen year home. It starts Sunday at twelve o'clock. What'd you say, get there early? Get there early? You didn't share. You didn't share the direction to get there with with all the people camera.
Speaker 2: Al right, well, let us know man.
Speaker 6: Look, Cowboy Nation, when you find another Cowboy fan, make sure you tell them that you hope they team win.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 4: He