Speaker 1: Francesca, are you ready?
Speaker 2: I'm ready, Wit should be ready.
Speaker 1: No, No, you're good.
Speaker 3: Just just you're gonna want to get this, Okay, you might want to put this on your hosting reel. Okay, here we go. Three one?
Speaker 2: Is it? Did you clap track?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Oh boy, it looked good to me.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you don't seem delayed now though.
Speaker 1: I think it caught up.
Speaker 2: Jack, are you in?
Speaker 1: It's intermittent like my feeding window.
Speaker 2: You mean you're fasting window.
Speaker 1: I think that's mm hmmm, m m sure. Yeah, six one, a half dozen, you know, and that joke didn't land because of the delight of the flag. Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna blame it.
Speaker 1: It was actually really funny in the moment. Guitar is out of tune. Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three point fifty eight, episode five of production of iHeartRadio. And this is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's air consciousness. We are America's only undecided podcast. I thought the VP debates were gonna do it for me. Still we don't know. You know, they both make such good points, so the times hit us up. I'm not sorry, not sorry. New York Times. We're still out here.
Speaker 2: Thanks for the Yale Boy bullshit.
Speaker 1: Huh, We're still that thing you crave. We're undecided, love that beard. Anyways, It's Friday, October fourth, twenty twenty four. What does that make it? What? What's the election? November?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Really there? And I can't wait because it's just entertainment to me, and I'm just like excited to see what happens.
Speaker 3: And I know that's I love being a white man because you get at it that wow, it's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: So this election, like I started off conversation crazy, this election is pretty nor.
Speaker 2: For real though, on the day after whatever, November ninth and twenty sixteen, the day that Trump is elected, walking around like the Mission District in San Francisco is like gentrified ass, you know, community and just like people actually having brunch and I'm just like, what the fuck is wrong with you? Like just the most disinterested, waited foreign foreign if they're foreign exactly.
Speaker 3: Okay, if they're not from Haitia, I don't yeah. But anyway, ten four, good buddy. It's October fourth. That means it's World College Radio Day, National Body Language Day.
Speaker 1: That's a pseudo Science.
Speaker 3: National Manufacturing Day, World Smile Day, National Golf Lover's Day, give us the golf courses. What's that National Vodka Day. I'm back in National Cinnamon Bun Day.
Speaker 2: Good I like a couple of those cinnamon buns and vodka. That's this is a good.
Speaker 1: Day, cinnamon bum flavor flavored vodkas.
Speaker 3: Thing recnice at Chelsea Handler's friend of the show, Friend of.
Speaker 2: The show, Chelsea Friend of Israel.
Speaker 1: M hm, that's right. My name is Jack O'Brien ak, and I feel like it really depends on weather. So is it warming in a bottle?
Speaker 4: O die coke and fountain ash hold dissl ray past.
Speaker 1: The mini came and I need there we go and we need that one.
Speaker 4: Courtesy of Snarfula on the discord in reference. You know, I grew up making fun of those cords light ads where they were like our beer is better because it's coldon I was like, that's the dumbest shit I've ever heard. And yet I now kind of believe that diet coke in a can is colder than diet coke in a bottle. I have been converted to some drinks just are colder and must be colder.
Speaker 2: Not a lot, no PBAs or other microplastics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, and the can shit is basically health food in a Canni can pretty much when I'm drinking out of a mini can. What it's saying that people is like, I'm my body is a temple and I care about what those.
Speaker 2: The Coca Cola I ever actually want is what's in a mini can, Like I want like four SIPs and then I want it's kind of like I do. I'm sorry, this is so it's a little bit like me in pornography, you know what I mean. I'm like, that's enough. You know, that's just a yeah, I'm good exactly.
Speaker 1: M spritzing of pornography. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that anyone out there relates to that. That's everything in moderation.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm. I will kill like six straight mini cans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I drink an entire pack of it.
Speaker 1: I do do that, unfortunately, because the main thing I like about mini cans they are colder. Anyways, I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles Gray. You already know what time it is.
Speaker 3: It's the Lord of Lakers, mister Shuga with Noga and the man with podcasting, but on my road to recovery because I am doing the exercises getting my glutes looking like that of a youth's.
Speaker 1: Anyway, shout out Toda. Thanks for having me back for this season.
Speaker 3: And I say that meaning someone under forty that's just it's got Oh my god, but so great you Yeah, thanks again, thanks again, thanks again.
Speaker 1: You're Elsa. Yeah, thank you, and you're welcome.
Speaker 3: Grimey Elsa here to talk about everything that's wonderful and not wonderful.
Speaker 1: I thought you were talking about Keith van Hornets, you know, but anyway, cool reference. I'm thrilled, weird, thrilled to be joined by a brilliant comedian, writer, journalist, activists you know from places like Al Jazeera, MSNBC, The Young Turks and from her podcast The Situation Room. Francesca, you're in.
Speaker 2: Teenage aka why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends?
Speaker 1: Oh? Friends? Yeah, just caught that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't do enough. I hate people.
Speaker 1: I'll be friends. No, people call you friend alone sometimes?
Speaker 3: Oh well, I mean on your but your handles are like Franny, do you prefer Franny.
Speaker 1: Do you prefer Frank?
Speaker 2: Franny is definitely preferable to fran. But it's okay. I let people get it. It's all good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get it.
Speaker 3: But it is kind of wild when people do just hit others with the shortening, shortened name, like out of nowhere, without the familiarity. I do that a lot, actually, and then I'm like, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to just change your name because I thought it'd be Gregory. Yeah, you go full you take it to the logical extension. Yeah, yeah, all the way. Okay, Bart Simpson what Sorry, it's thought it'd be cool to call you that.
Speaker 1: My bad. How are you doing, Francesca.
Speaker 2: I'm fine, uh you know, yeah, a little nervous for the election. I'm just like, I'm again not trying to I'm getting twenty sixteen vibes, and I'm trying to shirk those vibes.
Speaker 1: I don't want.
Speaker 2: I think in the face of insurmountable stupidity from the right, there is I like to think this country is better, but I've always been I've been disappointed before. Yeah, so yeah, I'm otherwise pretty good.
Speaker 1: I'm okay, yeah, Okay. The fear is on me. I've been said for about a week now, I'm like, this feels like twenty sixteen again for some reason to may like there's just subtle things.
Speaker 3: There's just a lot of like spiking the football like on the ten yard line kind of new news headlines I see where it's like data scientist finds Kamala Harris has sixty six electoral vote.
Speaker 1: Advantage, and you're like, I don't give a shit.
Speaker 3: It ain't this ain't election day, Like, don't put that shit in the air.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, And there's all kinds of ways I was talking about on the Situation Room that the you know, the Republicans are already trying to like make sure that you know, twenty twenty, which was an embarrassing attempt at a steal, is now sort of you know, a more just a more respectable power grab, you know, a lah two thousand. So oh yeah, that's that's making me nervous as well.
Speaker 3: I think was that episode called start the Steal, Start the Steel. Yeah, yes, yes, I recall that. I recall that people tune into the.
Speaker 1: Good Yeah. Yeah. Well, anyways, I have brunch reservations for the day after the election. You guys, one way or another, we are going to have and laugh anyways. All right, well, it's great to have you here. We're gonna get to know you a little bit better at the moment. First, we're going to tell the listeners a couple of things that we're talking about today. We're going to talk about the October surprise in quotes, Jack Smith dropping the big chunk o documents, the indicting documents, big dumps, redacted, taking a big dump on the news cycle, a lot of just filling in the blanks of stuff we already knew. Not sure if it's gonna register with anyone who is planning on voting, but it is worth looking at as a kind of preview of what this election might look like, at the very least if if the Republicans lose. We're gonna check back in with our good old friend Tim Kaine, remember him speaking of We're just gonna say, remember him, and then look at the person he's running against, who is a character who I don't know how I had missed him up to this point. He's a he's a blast. And ask the question on everyone's mind, what the fuck is going on with music biopics? Right? Now yeah, all of that plenty more. But first, Francesca, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 2: Yes, this is uh sad, but all of my search history has to do with my child, of course, and.
Speaker 1: So why is that sad?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean it's just like it's all like, you know, we'll do kill baby, you know, like what baby? Yeah, why baby, baby baby exactly like why baby who is one year and three hundred and sixty two days old. My kid is about to turn two, is acting in one way, thank you. But so it's funny to like you're like they're starting to be human now, you know, and there's like a weird like as a parent, you're like, a what point do they become human? Because they're just kind of like alien creatures for I would almost say like a year, and you don't know how their body reacts to normal things, like you know, like a big gulp of mountain dew or whatever. But like so like for me, I'm like, she's got curly she's got curly hair, like there's no way around this. Her dad is very very curly hair. And I was like, I'm like maybe it's like kind of like, you know, I've got I mean like I'm got like Italian Chinese hair and like, not to brag, but they make a lot of wigs out of our hair. I've sold my entire No, I haven't, but.
Speaker 1: You've got that Italian.
Speaker 2: Hair, got the Italian hair, and so she Anyway, the point is this, I'm like, when can babies use conditioner? Like when do we start doing I'm a big product bitch, Like I love product. I know it's bad for us generally, but you know it's like if they have enough, you know, write labels on the bottle, I'll be like, this is fine. So I'm like, what is the best conditioner for kids? Gentle and effective? And I'm just like, what is you know, looking into all this shit and it's it's like it's hard and all the things that are marketed at parents and it's all bullshit.
Speaker 1: Are babies curls popping?
Speaker 2: No kind of She's very bald. She is also quite bald, So it's like they're tough and they're adorable. And I'm like, i want even as a baby, I'm like, let's give her the dignity of figuring out her haircare. Routine so that she doesn't isn't just like a like kind of a frizzy mess, you know, and we're like whatever. My mom, when I was a child, decided to just do straight bowl cuts on myself and my brother because why do any not? Like why not? And I feel like I have trauma from just being like like a straight straight across, straight across. I was misgendered when I was little, which I guess, you know, someone should have really you know, broken down some like Judith Butler to me at that age and been like, you know, it's not a big deal. But I was like, oh, little boy, you know, like that that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is two years old too young to use a straight iron? Have you looked into that? I feel like there's probably.
Speaker 2: Yes, I would love because I have a flat iron and that I use ironically to make my hair curly. This is all boring. The point is this, Yes, i'd be very funny to just try to straighten.
Speaker 3: Your last Google search, Okay, to relax baby's hair.
Speaker 2: Effectively?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah? Yeah, maybe too young for a conk I don't.
Speaker 2: Like yeah yeah yeah, and like a little bit like maybe too young for latist, you know, because I feel like she could really yeah.
Speaker 1: Just like make the eyelashes pot yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Or also like she's gonna have a unibrow. You know, I see it coming in. I have a unibrow. My husband has unibrow. Like it's it's like that is the Italian in me, it's the Ukrainian Jew and him can't Like what if we just lasi and don't tell soul? You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: That's so fucked up.
Speaker 2: I'm getting canceled a million ways.
Speaker 1: On this discordio. Yeah, yeah, no, it already happened. Francisco. What is something you think is underrated? I was at a.
Speaker 2: Show, a stand up show the other night, and a comic made reference to Chuck E Cheese because they have kids, and nobody in the audience had kids, uh, because they were all like young and whatever and like and and I want to tell you guys, Chuck E Cheese is underrated. Chuck E Cheese is great, Chuck E Cheese is wonderful. Yeah, I'm glad it still exists. There need to be more places for kids. Obviously we've destroyed all toy stores. It is, as you know, one of the comics said, it's like a casino for children, and there's a jump part and it's adorable and it's like fairly affordable. It's air condition Yeah, Chuck E Cheese is really terrifying, the sort of animatronic dude that comes out if you get if you do get one, but like it's great. Yes, there's germs everywhere, but like you need a place where they can just you know, where a kid can be a kid, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, which I think is their logo, their slogan, or it used to be. I don't know what it is now, but Chuck Entertainment Cheese is a good spot and I and I support it. I feel like it's like the working man's like Charmed Kids playhouse that costs two thousand dollars to rent.
Speaker 1: You know, you do put the full name on people. I appreciate that. Charles Entertainment Cheese. Yeah, I mean it is a legal name.
Speaker 3: Do you remember like the ones that were kind of trying to be like Chuck E Cheese, like Pistol You ever go to Pistol Pizza Pizza?
Speaker 1: No, that's how it was coming.
Speaker 2: Where was that Philly?
Speaker 1: There was? Now there's one in the valley.
Speaker 3: I remember going to and it was just kind of like one of those it's like we got a we got freaky robots and shit too, it's not chucky cheese pistol piets.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: Where I did go though, in the in the in the peninsula in California was Rocky and Bullwinkles. Do you guys ever remember that?
Speaker 1: No? Oh fun yo, oh wow, I have that that place in a minute.
Speaker 2: They were like animatronic Bullwinkle and Rocky. It was so it was good.
Speaker 1: It was good.
Speaker 2: And yeah, it's always like it's just pizza arcade, maybe a jump house. Hell yeah, I love it, got it all.
Speaker 1: I like the pistol Petez was doing like kind of committing infringement on two from two angles because there's a famous basketball player named Pistol Pete. Yep, like his nickname was Pistol Pete. And then also they're ripping off chuck E cheeses, and they were like maybe it'll be like so so much infringement that they're just like if you.
Speaker 2: Look a pistol Pete, it's men's underwear. What pistol Pete, it's all about the field. Oh wow, Oh there's that is sheer all right? And I've seen a penis Okay, wow.
Speaker 1: Okay they saw jos Okay, not the brag, but I have seen a penis sprinkling of pornogas.
Speaker 3: Oh these we all y know that you don't you're not coming to play if you're rocking, Yo.
Speaker 1: We have to share with the viewer.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Now we will be banned from any kind of video ever again if I if I show the base of the shaft.
Speaker 2: Yo, I really like that. These are hot. These are hot.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of I got a full soldier boy from Miles. Yeah, exactly. I was looking at that and I'm like, hey, this.
Speaker 2: Is yeah, Okay, anyway, should we go to my overeating moving on?
Speaker 1: Nah? Sorry, I just I just got.
Speaker 2: And you're gonna miss out on this, all right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's we've all.
Speaker 2: Seen really jacked man lubed up in a sheer song.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean this is definitely like you know you you see you see this kind of stuff out there, pride when you you're showing off that hard body and letting them know what you're working with.
Speaker 2: But see, yeah, the the pride. Yeah, I've seen more of like god, what is the fair in San Francisco?
Speaker 1: That's a oh fullsome Street, fullsome Street fair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my favorite is the is like in Pride or fullsome Street, Full some Street. It's definitely more about like you know, a BDSM and whatnot. But like when it's Pride and there's someone who doesn't have a great body, but they are a newdist and it's just like it is the it's a call for like the con shell rings out and every guy who just wants to be nake nack, like just let it hang out on a corner is just like they're just standing. They're just like, this is my nick, look at it. I'm here and it's like, here's my little like seventy two year old flat ass.
Speaker 1: I got podcast or ass podcasts.
Speaker 2: Very much podass, yes check. Just like imagine what he's gonna be like when he's older.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, give me and you should let people know some retirement.
Speaker 2: This ass has made some money. Okay, we've started podcast empires with this booty.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's right. Yeah. Actually, like for a minute, from from my tailbone, it goes in from there. That's kind of a the tailbone is actually the furthest out.
Speaker 2: Something else that's underrated is a wedge, A wedge pillow. I don't have one actually, but you should sit on a wedge. It really makes you know, makes you sort of like pelvic tilt. Yes, get your pelvic tilt going so your lumbar's correct, and you know, get your foot pep stool or whatever.
Speaker 1: I'm doing it right now. What Francesca is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 2: Okay, So I come from like activist culture. I come from. I used to be a you know, anti war activist, global justice activist, and we sort of you know, pioneered a lot of this, like a consensus decision making speaking of body language, body language around consensus decision making, which is things like you know, instead of clapping, you twinkle or you snap. Right, if you have a direct response to somebody, you do this. If you have a process point, you do like the the Illuminati Illuminati sign the Jovah.
Speaker 1: What is it this delta delta.
Speaker 2: Or your delta. This is a process point, meaning this conversation is like it's like out of order or whatnot. Anyway, all that's fine and good for doing like organizing an activism that you want to do, like direct democracy and all this, but the snapping has permeated into broader culture and snapping has also permeated into stand up audiences. And when I go and try to do joke jokes to make the left laugh and I am greeded by a snap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it makes me.
Speaker 2: Want to die, and please do not do it. No it It's like, this is not slam poetry. This is not like it's okay to class you if you clap, it's okay, it's okay to laugh, just don't snap. I can't imagine like, and it's very gen Z and I'm sorry, but it's so gen Z and I can't does gen Z like look at content on their phone and are just like like snap at that, you know what I mean? Because sometimes when you're in live audiences, you get sort of like dead eyed, you know the face of someone who's like scroll, I'm gonna scroll the next joke kind of shit. And again I'm not saying I don't crush, because I crush, but some audiences are just like much more just fucking like, I don't know where you came from. I don't know if like I yes, it's okay, it's not like it's not You're not going to be canceled for laughing, you know what I mean? And so the snapping is so overrated. I'm sorry, I'm done with it. I'm done with the snapping. Say that's hilarious, that's true totally, but like the snapping and especially instead of laughing or instead of clapping, is makes me feel like I just read a bad poem to you.
Speaker 3: Then like a joke you've been workshopping. They're like, right, you know that's right.
Speaker 1: So that's I mean, that's all I have to say about that. Overrated is yeah all day. Yeah, I do wonder and this is this is like morning Zoo talk radio.
Speaker 2: Just what's wrong with these kids?
Speaker 1: That's what I'm from, like from a fifty year old. But like, is it because they're used to like consuming content quietly and so they're just you know what I mean, like they're they're on the bus or something, and so they don't want people, they don't want to laugh out loud. I think that's so their wiring has been shifted to just like quietly appreciate what you're doing.
Speaker 3: Or I wonder if you're like getting everything like off an iPad too, Like like you see so many kids just with headphones on and they're kind of just in this very like it's just me and this thing happening, and you don't know if they're having a good time. I always wonder that about kids when I see them. But yeah, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, are you having a good time when you're watching you know whatever, the third season of the Bear, fourth season, whatever season?
Speaker 3: So always a great time whatever I'm watching. You're just like fat loud. Yeah, yeah, I gotta wear.
Speaker 1: It on my face. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, I'm always I think I'm just generally pretty. I have big reactions all the time. So I think it's a harder thought experiment for me to be like I'm at a comedy show because also, like in comedy, you know, you want to be generous with your laughter, and you want to be generous with the energy that you're putting out to the performer, because that's the fucking juice game.
Speaker 1: Yes, now is the performance?
Speaker 3: Yes, So I can totally see like the frustration in that is like, no, like I'm gonna make you laugh, but y'all have to fucking laugh.
Speaker 1: So I go, okay, yeah we're vibing. Here we go.
Speaker 2: I am a big time like I border I mean, I don't tackle, but I borderline that when I'm an audience member of a show, because I know, first of all, I know what it's like on the other side. But also that's just how I roll, because I get social cues and I'm like, and there's a lot of people who are like, hm, like it's okay for me to just sit here quietly, silently, not even smiling, And you're just like, I don't understand you.
Speaker 1: I don't. Why don't withhold your laughter?
Speaker 3: If anything? Laugh at shit? You wouldn't normally laugh at you. It'll just feel even if you don't, it'll feel better. Yes, Yeah, there's a reason why they say laughter is a form of vents.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: Those of us who struggle with eye contact feel attacked right now, but I do. You can keep your head down and I will try harder. Yeah, on table.
Speaker 2: You struggle with eye contact, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I've always struggled with eye contact for some reason, just in person eye contact.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a bit of a shy guy, a bit of a shy boy.
Speaker 2: You so you you don't like to do the like, let's stare into each other's eyes for like three minutes and just see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, right, conversationally hate it. But if I want to create an awkward moment. I'm like, hey, let's talk eyes for three straight minutes.
Speaker 1: The second the silence, this is the second the silence descends over that when you go right in for the contact and just start moving in slowly.
Speaker 3: I like to.
Speaker 2: I like to look at people when they're not looking at me, I think, is what I'm hearing.
Speaker 1: I like to. That's right, Yeah, it's called being a creep snooper. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back to talk about October. It's October, baby, We'll be right back, and we're back. And this is the time of year where any major Ish news story involving the presidential election will be termed the October Surprise. And that goes for Jack Smith dropping a bunch of documents and evidence for the case he is building to suggest that Donald Trump did a bad when he tried to overturn the twenty twenty election, and that it doesn't count as official police business when you're just trying to do crimes NonStop, openly, with full knowledge that what you're trying to do is crimes. And this does tie into I think the only two takeaways I've seen from the VP debate that seemed to be like having any traction are JD Vance saying the roles where you weren't going to fact check, which is so good, amazing moment, but also his refusal to admit that Donald Trump lost the twenty twenty election and.
Speaker 2: Him, Tim Walls, you're just doing his little whoa oh ye.
Speaker 1: Oh wow. Guys. Now that's one where I'm gonna have to disagree with you on. I'm gonna have to disagree with your police work on that one. There. Hold on, guy, what'd you just say you're a good cop. You're not.
Speaker 2: You're not one of the bad apples. No, he is literally a bad apple. What are you doing, Tim.
Speaker 1: Wall, stop it stopping stop bad guy.
Speaker 2: He's the bad guy.
Speaker 1: But uh, and then implying that he would have helped for the alternative electors. Yesterday he told one of the comedians from The Good Liars that he thinks Trump won the twenty twenty election. Is that what it's called? Yeah, the Good Liars, And also that I feel bad for you man, and I just this is a good this is a good Vance little piece of Vance Vance Lore Vance being Vance, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Who won the twenty twenty launch could you just answer, did Donald Trump win yesterday?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: He did win?
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: So will you will you can see?
Speaker 3: Will you can see that.
Speaker 1: If your opponent gets your opponent gets more votes, will you concede? I really feel bad for you, man.
Speaker 5: I just want to know if your if your opponent gets more votes, will you concede?
Speaker 1: All right? Yeah? Yeah, cool? Cool? Just do that. Who's laughing really hard when he says I feel bad for you man? Is that jd Vance laughing?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, he loves in his own jokes all the time. That's his that's his whole thing.
Speaker 1: I really feel bad for you, man, Like all of his handlers are like, he just said the thing that we didn't want him to say.
Speaker 2: I so yeah that I love. That's Jason Selvig from the Good Liers I think his name is, and I love. Here's my thought about trolling MAGA. And I know it's been it has been done by other people, but you have to be a like at least six foot two white guy who looks very like super waspy, because like allowing Jason to like continue and follow them like a woman would never person of color never, like you just cannot get you exactly you would get bosses out, you would get like put in a headlock at that point. So it just I love that, I mean, and and like I'm a big fan of Walter Masterson, Like I just love how these guys are able to you know, use that and be like I just kind of look like I'm with you, and you don't know me well enough to know that I'm like clowning on you. So but yes, of course, yes you did. It's the simplest question. They don't even have a line on this. Forget abortion rights. They don't have a ligne on whether or not Trump won the twenty twenty election. He beat me by a whisker, right, wait, so he beat you?
Speaker 1: Uh shit, I mean it may be that whisker being legally, but we smoke bomb, smoke bomb.
Speaker 3: But yeah, this this documents that Judge Chutkin sort of released in terms of like Jack Smith's you know, case against Donald Trump or the United States' case against Donald Trump, Like you just kind of realized, like, like, man, the fucking Supreme Court is so fucked up because they put all this all these weird standards now because Jack Smith essentially had you know, had a retool the entire case to be like, Okay, what's official act? What are acts that are done as a private citizen? How do they overlap? Do they overlap at all? And trying to create this like labyrinthine structure to try and be like and he can't do anything to Trump. But when you start reading it, you're like, you'd have to be truly like off the deep, off the shits to say like, oh, yeah, this is all very normal, like yeah, half of because a lot of this stuff in it, it wasn't necessarily new, but there is just a little bit added texture. I think when you see some of the quotes and some of the anecdotes that kind of were the behind the scenes of it all, and like and seeing that, you're like Jesus Christ, due, they're gonna they're you know, like in Jurassic Park, like the raptors they figured out defenses and then so for the second go around, they're going to be a little bit more effective.
Speaker 1: And I think that's what Yeah, that's what's scary about what you see here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I mean I think that the real thing, you know, I saw Elie Mestaal, you know who writes for the Nation reports on the courts, basically is like none of it really matters, you know, And and yes, we were all sort of scratching your head, like house Tanya, chut, can getta get around this, this presidential immunity that the Supreme hand picked Supreme Court just gave him. How do you get around like the king saying that everything is official. And they were like, oh, he was a candidate. I'm like, okay, that makes sense. I guess you can argue that. Sure, So I'm glad that that they're at least putting it back up again. And and this is moving forward. But none of this is going to be decided before the election, right, none of it, not even the you know, sentencing from Judge Juan marshan in in the financial like the falsifying business ocke of the right right, so that the fraud case is not even gonna be settled, so no accountability, Like it doesn't actually fun.
Speaker 1: If he wins, it's gonna go poof.
Speaker 2: It's all gonna go poof, all of it. We've made sure it's all going to go poof. My overrated was gonna be the American justice system, the judicial system, it is so fucked and oh my god, to icing on the the cherry on top would be should somehow there'd be some function in one of these swing states, and heaven forbid, it gets elevated to the courts. Then the Supreme Court's like, thank you, we'll take that, and you know, and they will decide like it's just perfect. They set them up, Andy knock them down. So it's just like, I can't believe we're here. But guys, greatest.
Speaker 1: Democracy on Earth, greatest democracy on yeah, greatest democracy. It all works out. The table of the people has always been acted by the politicians. Absolutely, Yeah, I did like the moments where Trump is obviously like not does not believe his own bullshit. Like there's a part where he mutes his phone while he's on with Sidney Palell and like calls her crazy to the other people in the room and says like she's like makes reference to Star trek as being like how fantastical. The arguments are that she's presenting like he knows, you know, and yeah, he knows. There's other parts where he's like, yeah, whether you win or lose, you have to fight like hell, which like sounds like a like a football coach, you know, slogan that like you could get behind but like that is the end of the mock.
Speaker 2: This is this is right out of Roger Stone's mouth. This is Roger Stone Steve Bannon stuff. You know, those are the people who are truly in his ear, and those are the people who know and they're the people who helped January six happen. Steve Bannon's in prison right now because he refused to testify about January sixth, right like like, oh, I just I'm keep pretending like, oh my god, you know, but yeah, I love I love the It doesn't matter if I won or lost. Like that's those are details, Yeah, exactly. I think that was another part of this of the documents, like me having more delegates is a detail to what we're trying to do here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I guess the other thing too, is like when you see like the sort of the quotes about it is like, yeah, like if they're talking about like just let them riot at the capitol to keep the chaos up and you know, the stuff that we all like. I think in Jack Smith's documents, you also see him talk about how they were purposely having confrontations outside of ballot centers to create the like the optics that something was afoot and people weren't allowed to be account like a be weren't being held accountable because of that. And you look at sort of what they're planning, you can already sort of see like, oh, they this whole thing is going to be as much about creat as many optic opportunities for people to be like, oh, what happened there? What happened there? And like to your point about any kind of fuck are you going down? I almost I feel like it's almost certain that they are going to manufacture some kind of fucking fake elector person, someone that they could pay to be like you know, forge ballots or whatever to open the doors to this kind of election denialism that they that's the only way they're going to win, I think, right.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's all about whether state election boards will certify the results, and if they won't, there will be a lot of legal battles. I think. You know, in Georgia there's already a legal battle again from Democrats. They're suing over the hand count that Republicans have instituted at the last minute, which completely throws that election into the fray. And it's so cumbersome. They're not training people it's unclear how that would happen. The human error in hand counting is really huge, So like, yeah, it's all about these state election boards and like whether or not I think yeah, and then it it all just go to the courts yet again. But it's interesting. Also now I don't want to politicize Hurricane Helene. Hurricane Helen is politicized anyway. Let's just be real. It's climate change, just like every mass shooting is politicized and gun control terms. But it is interesting like these states that Trump is like, h the Democrats are deliberately not trying to give you aid and they hate you. But you are seeing like this level of coordination where Joe Biden is like all the rescue efforts will be one hundred percent paid for by the federal government. We've called these governors multiple times, you know, and people are really I don't know, I'm just like it is interesting now when these are the same states that will be leaned on by the Trump campaign are now being you know, are seeing actually un effective although genocidal Biden administration really like work with them and like this is normalcye that other thing you're about to be asked to do in a month. Not normalcy, do you know what I mean? So I'm wondering, like this is me maybe carkening to the Republicans better Angels, but it is just a sort of interesting moment, given the hurricane and whatnot. Yeah, yeah, anyway, but the documents, yes.
Speaker 1: Seems good. It seems like the one takeaway I think we can come away with is that they were ultimate like their main goal was to subvert the election openly. They were doing that. We will never have like a normal election again, whether he wins or not. Right, Like, this is fucked permanently. I think I feel like we're not prepared for how fucked twenty twenty four is going to be that we being like I just don't think like legally, I don't know. I've heard like I've heard people say that, well, the Georgia thing is actually not like no legally serious like that they'll be able to knock that the hand count thing down. But like nobody saw that Supreme Court case like decision coming where they were just like no, Trump's basically the king. Baby. Yeah, we're I mean, we're all here.
Speaker 3: I think we suspected it though, because you're like, these are all flunkies that they have in there, So I don't think they're going to come out and be.
Speaker 1: Like, no, actually start the trial now for Donald Trump. God go off, y'all. Yeah, I mean's just seems to be always worst case when it comes to the judicial branch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what remarked Trump saying, we'll like Mike Pence's life is in danger. So yeah, and this is like it was sort of couched a lot of niceties. But yeah, when Tim Wall said I'm concerned about why Mike Pence is not on the stage tonight, he could have gone a lot harder as so, like, I'm concerned about where your neck is going to become January, my guy.
Speaker 1: You know, like you know, we're all worried about you, JD.
Speaker 2: We're always worried about you, JD. And you know your skincare routine and whether that's when you get imprisoned by the mobs, which they obviously it is different because Biden is in office, and if only Biden could crime the way the Supreme Court has allowed him to crime, but in but crime for good stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, that'd be just cheat the way they're claiming you cheat.
Speaker 2: You know, yes, but Biden, Biden, you know, it'd be very funny. This is just me playing. It'd be very funny if there was some sort of crisis in democracy and like we just get like six more months of Biden and Biden's like, yes, just what I wanted. I can do the job. Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But then they start, They're gonna they're gonna roll his ass out looking like Jimmy Carter pretty soon, and I'm gonna be like.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a new player in the political realm that I just want to introduce our listeners, our viewers to or not from Virginia who are probably well aware of this person. Yeah, yeah, but this is the person running against Tim Kaine. Hillary VP candidate Tim Kane.
Speaker 3: The one that speaks Spanish. You know, we were all impressed by his Bible Baby Hills.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. We were like oh that. We're like, Hilary found a Spanish speaking white man. Here we go. You know, it's a rap.
Speaker 3: But anyway, so Tim Kain's running for election this year and again this guy he's running against hung how is someone who is just so dumb in that special Maga kind of way, that Gunning Krueger kind of way where you're like, yeah, man, I think I just got to say stuff, and like, you look like I think you're a politician. He's a retired Navy captain, and not only is he an alpha male, but he is also ignorant as a hell.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 3: One of the first clips that I think caught my attention I don't think we talked about on the show was when he said that witches were taking over California as a way to like prove his christ cred amongst the voters of Virginia. But now that we're at the business end of the election campaign or the campaign season, we got to see him in a debate against Kane and.
Speaker 1: Wow, wow, wow, wow wow wow.
Speaker 3: When you have to answer questions out loud, sir, sir, what are you saying? So here he is basically going off on how like DEI is gonna lead to drag queens fighting on the front lines of our forever wars or something. But I don't want to mess up his words. Let me just let you you take it away.
Speaker 5: With when you're using a you know, drag queen to recruit for the Navy, that's not the people we want. Look, what we need is alpha males and alpha females who are gonna rip out their own guts, eat them and ask for seconds. That those are young men and women that are gonna win wars.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, okay, yeah, so eat them and ask for seconds. Alpha females. There's a lot happening here.
Speaker 3: It's just so wild again because his whole thing is like, I'm an I'm a Navy I'm a retired Navy captain.
Speaker 1: I know what it takes. You have to look.
Speaker 3: If y'all don't know how to self eviscerate, don't even bother enlisting, okay, because we don't want you.
Speaker 1: We don't want you, and so.
Speaker 3: On top of like being an authority on that topic, he's also a bit of a policy wonk, just in my estimation, and by wonk, I mean he has no idea what the fuck he is.
Speaker 1: Talking about on any level. And here he is again the sound of his head hitting a hollow block.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is him with his take on Kamala's you know, and like this has been a Biden proposal to about you know, taxing unrealized gains. And this is also fantastic demonstration of his lack of knowledge on anything. He starts off by doing a thing as like we're taking better care of like immigrants.
Speaker 1: Shame on us.
Speaker 3: That was sort of like his lead into this next thing about taxation.
Speaker 5: A lot of these Americans they're homeless right now due to the Hurricane Helene, and we need to put them into the hotels and getting room service instead of giving it to illegal aliens. And the fear with what Kamala Harris wants to do with unrealized gains is if my house goes up in Zillow, you know, it's just go up in Zillo, but then I don't have that money on pocket and she wants to tax that. And that's exactly what's going on right now. Is you know, one of the great things about being an American is the freedom. And the second thing is ownership. Okay, a lot of countries don't allow you have.
Speaker 1: To own the lands.
Speaker 5: And what they're doing right now is there they want to push out of ownership of your home and so only corporations and and very rich people can buy it.
Speaker 2: And tried though like like this is I I like identify with this really fervently because this is me when I like know a little bit about a little bit of nothing about something that I just kind of bounce around. We've all been there, you know, the zillo and it's not and then you don't have the money in your pocket. And then they she just wants to give them money to corporations, and it's.
Speaker 3: Like we need and like we need room service, not room service for immigrants, you know in the hotels, Like okay, yeah, my zillow went up, so now I got all these capital gains or some shit like again for people that need a refresher, right, this would only apply to people that are worth north of one hundred million dollars in se okay, So, but he is doing a great job of tapping into that fear that like capitalists like to put, like the wealthy like like to put in people's minds of like.
Speaker 1: But what if I become a billionaire, Well, then that's right, surely I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be taxed on capital gains if I'm worth over one hundred million dollars. And it's like this whole thing, my zillo went up, and then I don't see that money, and we're talking about shit like Elon Musk's like Tesla stock going up twenty billion dollars and then be like yeah, sorry, we're we're taking we're taking a bite out of that, Like that's that's the kind of shit we're talking about, not the person.
Speaker 1: This is the same.
Speaker 3: There's like sort of it's just as absurd as when they were saying when vance was like, you like immigrants or the reason why we have a housing crisis and everything's so unaffordable, and you're like, sir, that's have you bought.
Speaker 1: You immigrants coming into our country buying up our real estate.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is also like again, and I have to just say this because he is Asian American, he's from Vietnam. You know, he's an immigrant. Stephen Chung, who is Trump's yeah, fucking spokesperson who literally looks like a chicken mc nugget and grimace at the same time. See, you got to look him up. He is a he's like a very disgusting looking person, which matches his personality and what he says. But the point is is, like I just it really bothers me that these are like the attack dogs of the right and they think that like the right, the neo Nazis wouldn't sell them down the river in a heartbeat, And especially I feel like I don't know, there's something different about especially like Asian Americans who are always been painted as the outsider. You know, it's different to like throw down with someone like Mark Robinson or like God who's a football the football guy who hurt hershel Walker, Like it's different when when when it's like African Americans, it's you know, whereas like Asian Americans have always been seen as like outside or other dirty fuckin wuhan virus, like China virus, all this ship, you know, and you're just like and now you're carrying water for these people. It's so gross.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so just happen.
Speaker 2: Look at all you got to do is look at a vec won't.
Speaker 3: You please think of he sat down, he did his song and dance for them, and then they ate your ass and spit your ass out.
Speaker 2: And look at and look at Nikki Haley. And it is very funny that he said alpha women. It's like anyone who traffics in that kind of bullshit will tell you there's nothing, no such thing as an alpha woman. The fact that there are women even in the military is woke, ye, And it's the reason that we are like losing wars or whatever, even though we don't want to start neon wars. It's like the reason Donald Trump almost got shot because there was a female Secret Service agent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so which one is it? Yeah, I mean that's signs he got his signals crossed. Look out the men or alpha women?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, wait, because but then he also did that thing too, where like you're so right, it becomes a full circle and then you have like a progressive take. It's like, because corporations are going to buy up the houses and that's really going to drive It's like, wait, so what what are you saying against that you're gonna is that? Is that a policy you would advocate for, for like stopping corporate landlording?
Speaker 2: Well, that exactly That answer reminds me of what Jade Vance did multiple times, which was talking himself out of a job and actually into a staff position on Kamala Harris's administration straight up, like you know, in multiple moments, I mean, you're Kamal Ayers has been saying it's like the best part of her housing policy, which I think doesn't nearly go far enough, but it's talking about corporate landlords, right, and the buying up of you know, available units and whatnot, And it's like yeah, and so the same thing is like you realize you're all making the case for someone who actually has a plan. You could have a plan. There's nothing wrong with Republicans actually having a plan, but they don't. It's just illegals. And I think this other big is like it's so funny me. Have you ever spoken to like a recent immigrant and ask them like, hey, what's your living situation? Like are they ever like I mean, I've got like a one bedroom, you know, and like I've got great Wi Fi here. It's like really so high speed. No, no, no, it's.
Speaker 1: Like I'm in a condo in Santa Monica.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, it's a really good view.
Speaker 1: No it is.
Speaker 2: I live in a want a studio apartment with twelve of other people and one day I hope to maybe only have six roommates straight up, Like that's how immigrants live in this country.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you're not. But again, it's like everything has to be.
Speaker 3: It's always a zero sum game and a way to be like, well, because you have less, we can attribute that to this presence. Therefore, activate your hate and you know, vote Trump and yeah, just go against everything you believe in or believe in.
Speaker 2: Who knows and uh, you know, pay more for uh workers who have been here for forever and are like, actually, I kind of want more. It's like it's like that's the other thing. You're like, we're coming out of a time when like fast food workers are getting twenty five dollars an hour and right wingers and billionaires are like what the fuck? No ow dare they They're just so greedy and nobody wants to work. And then immigrants are like, we do, We're chill, well it will work. I'm like, no, not you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back. We're back, and it's biopic season. Everyone is that actually a season or did you just season?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yank you yank, thank you?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah. It's just like this is the type of movie they like to put out to get get some love. There's usually I feel like there's like a one point five ex multiplier on your chances of getting an Oscar if it's a musical biopic like Bohemian Rhapsody, Like Ronny Mallock deserved well into that Oscar tooth act, into the tooth acting.
Speaker 3: Maybe the gompers, Yeah, gompers in an accent, and I'll do it.
Speaker 1: I think the Elton John guy got some love that song. The I walked the line did some numbers number that's right? Yeah, yeah, yeah. So anyway, we're cap now, I'm just capodi get uh. Specifically musical biopicks. We've got three coming out. Two some would say too many, but they they kind of seem to have had that same thought, and they're like, Okay, how do we make these not all the thing that they made fun of in Walk Hard? You know, yeah, yeah, yeah, And so we got the Bob Dylan one, which seems like it's a pretty straightforward, like could have been one of the movies being made fun of him Walk Hard. It's just they're like, yeah, but we got Timothy Shalomey as Bob Dylan, as young Bob Dylan might be Yeah enough said, it's only covering him up to nineteen sixty five, so it's like gonna cover his him going electric. I don't know if you guys know about this whole controversy during Bob Dylan's career, but he was like an acoustic troubadour and then like people were so bored at the time that when he decided to start playing an electric guitar, they were like Judas, Yeah, fuck you man, wear at your fucking back on us.
Speaker 2: Well, but arguably there are they gonna just like stop before like nineteen sixty eight and like the height of the anti Vietnam War movement and the height of like what kind of made Bob Dylan even more legendary. It's just gonna be We're gonna just deepoliticize everything about.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be more about like the iconography, the music, the music, the pair the yea. We're going to see him like go to a store and be like, what about those sunglasses? Yes, yeah, no, no, no, you don't classes make you look like shit, and he like puts for any.
Speaker 2: Elderly You're like, oh, and then he's it.
Speaker 1: Takes him off the face of a blind guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, you can borrow mine. Yeah yeah yeah. That's every musical biopic is just like someone at a piano messing around or on their guitar and we're like, yeah, Brote, like.
Speaker 1: Play that again, Bob dain fan. The trailer did get me, but that's I'm a sucker?
Speaker 2: Is it in black and white?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Well, I mean everything's almost think.
Speaker 3: Timothy Shallomey is also just like in so many IP type movies, right, like they're not original scripts, like he's in Doom, he was Willy Wonka, Like, uh, call Me by your Name was like based on a novel? Like is this always kind of being like it's like he's the IP god, Bob Dylan, get Timothy Shallomey, Man, I.
Speaker 2: Didn't Call Me by your Name was already a book. But I feel like that doesn't count as like a big IP.
Speaker 3: No no no, But I mean but in the I sort of mean that and sort of like the inside Baseball Hollywood way, because we're like everyone in Hollywood now says everything has to be IP. Intellectual property has been based on something else to the point where like I know writers who are writing scripts and just claiming it's based on a book that exists because they're counting on development executives to not read it or actually part through that amazing and they're like, oh, that's great, and you got the rights and they're like yep, and they're like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's actually a post credit sequence and call Me by your Name where it threw v that it takes place in the g I Joe Transformation just to anchor it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I mean, like that's like everyone just because the amount of creative thinking in this town has just gone fucking just ooof that.
Speaker 1: It's now everything Like is it based on something people know about?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got these terrible fucking movies or like half assed biopics that like about really interesting people.
Speaker 1: Like that Amy Winehouse thing. I feel I could have probably been interesting, but I yeah, there's a big string of missing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't even see that one. I haven't seen a lot of them, just because you're like, I could watch a documentary, like I didn't watch Anina Owe one. I have watched Amy Winehouse documentaries. I'm like, that's that's depressing enough, you know, I want like the real depressing thing. I mean it's also, by the way, I didn't even talk about this. I was going to but like the Manette, I'm deep in the Menandez brother situation, okay, And I'm like the documentary on max HBO whatever is great, Like it's really good, and I don't want to subject myself to fucking Ryan Murphy's you know, sensationalized bullshit on Netflix. It's just like that, you know, he's the real thing that he says is been the best thing that happened to Menendez brothers in thirty years.
Speaker 1: Shut up, He's like, I mean, I don't believe they were incestuous, but.
Speaker 2: You know, but like what if they were and it was hard?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Right, But anyway, they have them fucking stars, Okay, yeah, they should be.
Speaker 2: Thinking nobody knew who they were. I put them on the map.
Speaker 1: The schall May thing like, we don't have to show the trailer because you can just close your eyes and picture the trailer and it is that that is exactly what it is. Bob Dylan and you know, Timothy shell May put a Bob dylanwig on Timothy Shellman. So in order to and be probably as a result of some of these other biopics, there was also a Whitney Houston one that didn't do very well. Studios are trying to figure out, like, how what do we do here? How do we spin this so that it feels like it's different than every musical biopick that you've ever seen. Also, they usually try to hide the fact that movies are musicals. Now, like that seems to be the trick is like make a musical and then don't show any of the songs in it, and oh, what this a musical? No like that the Mean Girl's remake that the entire reason for it existing was The Mean Girl's the musical, but they like cut the musical out of the title and made a trailer where it was just a remake of Mean Girls. Yeah, and I did great because people wait, yeah, and they're saying and I guess I'm okay with that, but I guess it's like not a selling point, so they're trying to come up with other selling points. We've talked before about the upcoming Pharrell biopic that.
Speaker 2: We're just doing people who were alive. I mean, Dylan's alive.
Speaker 1: Dylan's alive. I do think a big part of the problem way whatever biopics is that like if the person like is so iconic that like, you know, everybody knows, like Tupac, for instance, like everybody knows exactly what they look like, everybody saw a lot of them on camera, and then you like have a film with somebody else playing that who's not as magnetic. The Tupac movie wasn't L.
Speaker 3: The Bob Marley movie wasn't L and a lot of it was because these people look nothing fucking liked them.
Speaker 1: You're like, what the fuck is?
Speaker 2: But Straight Out of Compton was not a l I love that movie.
Speaker 1: That was.
Speaker 3: I mean that's where it's like thank god you had Osha Jackson, Junior.
Speaker 1: Ice Cube and like that and the acting was great.
Speaker 3: But like with the Tupac one, they just went after a dude who went viral for looking like Tupac and we're like, get him some acting classes and that's what you got there. So the for real, I'm like a huge I'm a gigantic pharal fan. Oh really growing up oh like because people are like, oh, you kind of look like is he Asian or not? And I was like, oh, you know what, this might be like a style lane for me, like when I was like seventeen years old, and like the Neptunes, I have like a near encyclopedic knowledge of like every song like produced and artists they collaborated with. But when I saw the trailer for this, when I went to see Beetle Juice Beetle Juice, and I growned so fucking hard. I was like, why is Pharrell a fucking lego? Like what are we even doing here? And also this isn't the time for a Pharrell biopic.
Speaker 1: It just came to me. It came off as such a weird cash.
Speaker 2: Grapes like me or the Minions involved as well.
Speaker 1: It just Lego should I mean it should or like he never more inspired than when he is making music for the Minions.
Speaker 2: Or animated like, yeah, dude does.
Speaker 1: He seems to be very artistically inspired by like cartoons and kids entertainment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's very whimsical, Like it's great. No, I don't think so, Okay, there were a lot of times I remember in the early days of the Internet it was like, oh, you know he's Filipino, and like are like, well really really really, people are like really digging in it's it still seems it seemed like a mystery.
Speaker 1: Unless you probably Wikipedia and the answers there.
Speaker 3: But all that to say, it's like, I don't this again, Why is it a Lego? Is it because the Lego movies do well and you're just trying to have some synergistic thing here where it's like for real, plus Legos take your kids and then you can hear Snoop Dogg talk too, But they.
Speaker 1: All look like fucking Legos. You know what Jack said.
Speaker 2: It's it is a cash grab.
Speaker 1: It's a cash grab. And all Lego toys look pretty similar, like all the Legos I know, and I'm trying to work on that.
Speaker 3: And I said that first, and I have to check my old white supremacy in my bad.
Speaker 1: But like they like show these people who are supposed to like go Barner, uh oh wow, yeah, like oh yeah, he's this is where he gave that song idea to that famous artist and it's just like another Lego person but like they have a goatee and you're like, uh oh guys, buster rhymes in the world.
Speaker 2: Of like famous producers, And given how Diddy has gone down right.
Speaker 1: Why what happen?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It does make me feel like slightly like like let him do this, because like maybe maybe this is just me being naive. I know, Diddy did come out with some sort of documentary like about himself or like you know, people do all kinds of crazy things. But I'm like, maybe it means like because like if you also had like really awful shit on you, would you want to be doing press tours? Like you know what I mean. It makes me feel like, oh, maybe he's like a good guy. Like, it's the way I feel about fifty cent and fifty cents got a documentary I think about Diddy where which makes me be like, oh, maybe fifty cent is like actually not a bad person, Like maybe he doesn't have rape allegations and assault allegations, because why would you be doing his documentary?
Speaker 1: Quick Google sears, Oh, quick Google sears.
Speaker 2: Probably not.
Speaker 1: But no, But I don't know.
Speaker 2: There's something about this that I'm like, Okay, maybe maybe there's still good people in music out there. Who are you know, we once admired.
Speaker 3: I think at this point it's a safe bet to just presume that anyone at the height of the entertainment industry probably has like a graveyards worth the skeletons in their closet.
Speaker 1: I think so too.
Speaker 2: The me too moment really passed over the music industry and was like too much, too big, We'll get back to this need.
Speaker 1: Music, I need music to do drugs to at least it's too much homework.
Speaker 2: Yeah, too much homework, yeah yeah, yeah for real.
Speaker 1: Though for Rell, the one so suggesting that this really is just them trying not to have to cast somebody who looks like the iconic person, we also have the Robbie Williams movie that is coming out soon. Robbie Williams is a massive star in the UK. He's a guy right, No, that's Robin.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's Robin Fix's son. Right, that's Alan Fix's son, Alan Thix's son, Robin. Okay, now that Robin. Robbie Williams like had a couple songs of the early two thousands that like broke through in the US. I think, yeah, Millennium is one where he's and like he's basically like hot, right, Like that's kind of his thing. He's like a hot boy idol like, but he's still alive. He's still too fresh in people's memory to have a biopic starring anybody who's just like a what we're saying, yes exactly exactly. And so what they've done is they were like, Okay, so they're thinking, like, Okay, we have this problem that we can't solve with Robbie Williams, this Robbie Williams biopic, Like how do we cast it? And then they at around that time, the Planet of the Apes movies are coming out, and they're like, what if Robbie Williams a monkey for some reason? Yeah, And not. Not everybody in the movie a monkey. And now I'm gonna start talking like the politician that we were just meeting for the first time out of Virginia. Not everybody monkey. Robbie Williams though, he mon, let's see this teaser really quick. Thank you? Yeah, their kids kicking a what's the monkey, Williams?
Speaker 3: What is the true story here, this chimpanzee who evolved into a hot singer or what? Okay, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Does he become human at some point?
Speaker 1: No, I think it's it's meant to be. Because he said different. I've always felt a little less evolved, yes, and interesting, Yeah, it's evolved.
Speaker 2: Okay, this feels like a cover for me too.
Speaker 1: Stuff.
Speaker 2: I've always felt less evolved. My animal instincts got the better of me. Haven't you seen my biopic I'm I'm a monkey.
Speaker 3: I'm a bit of one of those freak chimps that will rip your arms off with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah it so. The really shocking thing about this is that it has come out like at various festivals and people think it's good, Like it got of eighty six percent on Rotten Tomatoes. People are like, this thing actually goes it's fucking cool or tears shed somehow, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I look, I don't want to judge it. Like do something different, you know what I mean. It's better to have this than the same old, same old biopic, which for the longest time I thought was biopic, which I still think it should be pronounced biopic. But that's all a biography, like a biopsy.
Speaker 3: But like, are you getting a biopsy?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I always think of like cancer check, that's.
Speaker 2: Whatever biop But but right like it's like, okay, there did something different. I don't know why it had to be about Robbie Williams, but it sounds like it's a nice movie about a chimp that finally learns it's his place and it's on.
Speaker 1: The stage and inspires a generation.
Speaker 3: No, like, I'd prefer some just weird thing where it's like if Pharrell was an alien, you know, because he says that a lot and amongst people growing up, he's like, I always felt different, my creativity out Like he says that a lot.
Speaker 1: Like I think it's even in the trailer about how he said I always felt different.
Speaker 3: It's like that's a better thing to see than like, oh so now you're a fucking lego.
Speaker 1: No, not right, no three thousand biopic that it needs to be him secretly he's been an alien the whole time. Yeah, he's been trying to tell you the whole time. That's what at Aliens was like. Everybody like that. That shit was not ironic, nothing, not a metaphor for aliens. You are to me. You are not listening to me. I am what actually from it? I just want to be heard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no one even noticed my flute is using alien technology. Everyone goes, wow, we've got cool flute. He's got it's from another fucking planet, y'all. Anyways, Hollywood, make that happen.
Speaker 1: Things are so weird though, at this point that I saw this tweet, So somebody retweeted a thing from at discussing film blue check mark, so you know it's real. That announced an animated Phil Collins biopic is in the works that will take place in the world of Grand theft On. Collins will voice himself. It's almost like, Okay, what the fuck is going on? And I was just like, yeah, no, that is not that. The strangest biopick that I've heard of of a musician yet this year.
Speaker 2: That really sounds tight. Like I don't even know Grand Theft's Auto very well, but I know Phil Collins music, and I feel like those two things work kind of well together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Animated Genesis Phil Collins thing is fine. But this is this isn't real. I'm guessing because this this can't be. I don't understand why this would make sense to anyone who's actually making films to be like, all right, man, can we get the biggest video game franchise ever and use that IP to then mash that together one of my favorite musicians, Phil Collins.
Speaker 1: Man, it's a sick fucking movie right there. No it's not true, right, it's not true. It's not true. No, no, okay, yeah, And I'm the same way as we would be sitting there reporting that it was true. But our writer JM McNab was like, guys, this isn't true.
Speaker 3: You guys, hey, don't do it. Don't don't say it's true. Believable, it's all about IP.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is, and and and also a little bit of like not paying actors, and I you know, I don't know what the state of the animators strike is right now, but I'm like, you know a lot of this you gotta imagine these were films that were being made during the writers strike and the SAG strike, So that's my we might be seeing the product of that as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's such a fun, whimsical origin story where Pharrell was just like playing with legos and we were like, oh my god, no, actually it was to fuck a bunch of people out of as much money as possible.
Speaker 3: We told Farrell this is that this he probably is going to get the biggest return on it being animated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's gonna announce he's a billionaire at some point too.
Speaker 1: Right, could be.
Speaker 3: I wonder, I mean if Selena Gomez just became a billionaire.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm so disgusted with I don't know, you know, you guys talked about I'm just so disgusted with these stories billionaires, Like a newly minted billionaire. Shut that fuck up. This is so.
Speaker 1: Illia's jealous, Yeah, because you'll never be one.
Speaker 2: Well, I make like a third like what I make. I don't even know how much I make compared to a million dollars, but like it is, we were talking about it earlier. It is really funny that people who make like good money, like millions of dollars a year who are fine, who are like taking great vacations and live in wonderful homes. Truly, we are being told and somehow believe that they are closer to being a billionaire than they are to like, you know, being a McDonald's worker or a Walmart greeter, you know what I'm saying, Like and like, no, no, you have way more in common with a Walmart greeter than you do with billionaires. And by the way, you're being taxed at a eight that like anyway, it's just like you're the ones.
Speaker 1: Who should be so mad, and yet you're voting for Trump at.
Speaker 2: Like people who make like half a million dollars or a million dollars a year, which is like, good, good on you. That's fine, you're a hard worker. But if they realize there's a pro public study that came out that it was just like shows you the discrepancy. People who are in that mid tier are paying way more in taxes than the richest and they should be fucking livid.
Speaker 3: About it, right, And those are like people that they I think it's like a perfect group to have that because they become the fighters for like the taxes are killing Yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, because they have their phone owners, they have political power their voters exactly, and it's just.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that Zillow argument is going to be hitting with them. Yeah, people love their home.
Speaker 3: Fin we just got a curb report or whatever that shit's called. What your what your mom house worth?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: But yeah, forell I mean, come on, yeah, they have whatever. Dude, just he's not a billionaire yet, you know. Did you see Sina Gomez though, she said when they brought it up, She's like, I'd rather not talk about money. I think it's in poor taste, Like you fucking billion that's such a fucked up answer to give. Like, I think it's in poor taste to talk about the fact that I've become a billionaire, Like y'all, yeah, come on.
Speaker 1: You lose the right to do that once you become a billionaire.
Speaker 2: It's not importance, exactly. It's not importaste to be a billionaire. It's importaste to.
Speaker 1: Talk about it, right, right, you better give make a bunch of that money away so you're no longer a billionaire. Then we'll stop asking you questions about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, She's like, dude, I'm in that sweet spot, dude, million.
Speaker 1: Francesca Fiorantini. What a pleasure having you on the Daily Guist as always. Where can people find you? Follow you and is there a work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 2: Yes, follow me at Franni fo f r A n I fio on all the socials, and then you can listen to the Situation Room podcast wherever you get your podcasts, but also streaming live on YouTube YouTube dot com slash Frannifeo Tuesdays, break Wednesdays and Fridays one be a Pacific four pm Eastern. Yeah, it's been fun. We've got a few more shows to go before the election, so yeah, come on, we'll be streaming live for the election. I let's see if I can pull some of these these guys over for a live election stream. If you guys have a moment, I need Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Need at least three days of post on any video that I appear in so that they can turn me into a lego version of myself. All right, we'll see.
Speaker 2: Well what worked that out? And a piece of media I'm enjoying it is a tweet that I've been saying out loud to myself all week. It's uh sachow chow, mister Shaw on Twitter, who says al Pacino saying, moo dang.
Speaker 1: Got a great ass.
Speaker 3: Mo dang, they got a great ass.
Speaker 2: Oh god, that's so good. I didn't know your al Pacino was that good.
Speaker 1: I love that part of Heat only.
Speaker 2: But got a great does he say got a great ass?
Speaker 1: She got a great, great ass? And you got your head all the way up And wait what you just turned into?
Speaker 2: When did you decide to only act by yelling? Like I watched The Godfather Too again and it's just like you know and one and were like, remember what he like didn't yell all the time, and like did subtlety?
Speaker 1: It was the math is so simple on that Francisca. It is when he won an oscar. He won an Oscar for sen of a Woman, in which his character had a Southern accent for no reason and shouted intermittently and he was like, oh, this is what you want, Okay, I got something. It was so much more than he's done that ever since.
Speaker 2: And he also danced tango. I love that movie.
Speaker 1: Oh god damn. He makes love to the screen in that movie so creepy. He yeah, there's a part of that movie I can never get over. And he smells a woman's perfume and is able to guess her name based on the perfume.
Speaker 2: So creepy.
Speaker 1: That is some pickup artist fantasy. Yes, yeah, exactly. Let me smell your neck, birl, Yeah, Brenda, Yeah, it is straight up no, not at all, not even fenda. I do think like somebody needs to write a three hundred page dissertation about the connection between scent of a woman and like pick up pro culture. Yeah, he is basically Superman of pickup artists.
Speaker 2: Speaking of biopics that were good, I mean the Ray Charles biopic with Jamie Foxx. But I always think about that risk thing that apparently Ray Charles would do is feel like, meet women and then feel their wrists and then decide whether or not they were hot based on that risk.
Speaker 1: What if the woman is just beautiful but has like has broken her wrist in three places?
Speaker 3: Yeah no, sorry, because my man was off heroin man, he had methods.
Speaker 1: You know, he's actually just looking for a good vein. My favorite person.
Speaker 3: Is like, okay, girl, let me I can feel right there. Oh yeah that's healthy now. Just my favorite part of Ray is bolhem wood buying. When he's like this saying No Weed Ray and we ain't snorting, no bitch this boy that and boil make your ass nulling boyd.
Speaker 1: That whole fucking monologue. No Weed Ray is a strong touchstone of the I mean, now that we're doing video episodes, we might as well just insert that right here. It's very definitely it's fairy. Yes, yes, it's a touchstone. It's one of the video touchstones of No Weed Ray. Amazing. Well, thank you, Francesca. Miles. Where can people find you? Is there a working media you've been in? Yeah? Twitter and Instagram at Miles of Gray.
Speaker 3: If you like basketball podcasts, check Miles and Jackie Bob Mad Boosties. That's Miles and Jack's an NBA podcast. If you like ninety Dance, check me out on Fortuny de Fiance Malibu Barbie.
Speaker 1: What else did I say that?
Speaker 3: I think I said check Jack and I on the basketball podcasts, jack ont ma Booties, and like check out Fortuny Malbou Barbie and is uh some tweets? I like, there's actually some good tweets, Like when I every time I open the Twitter feed, it's always like the weirdest.
Speaker 1: Mix of shit.
Speaker 3: Elon's trying to push on you now and then things that are semi relevant to you.
Speaker 1: So it's nice to see some tweets.
Speaker 3: I liked first one at Melissa m where tweeted, kids aren't reading entire books because they are not being offered personal pan pizzas. Upon completion BAM policy solution for people of a certain age. You knew about how that pizza hut personal pan pizza was hitting, even though I wasn't always reading the books, but I said I was. At Lorena Escunzale tweeted, so immigrants come to this country with fentanyl en guns to sell, but steal your job, demanding to work for less than minimum wage. Then with all those sub minimum wages outbid you on a house and maybe eat your pets. Okay, got it, got it, got it.
Speaker 2: That's beautiful.
Speaker 3: And then finally a friend of the show, Margaret Killjoy at Magpie kill Joy, we always talk about how like compassion you could like the one side of seeing these disasters happen, even in places we're like, oh God, what's gonna come of us is that you ultimately people do show each other. Compassion and mutual aid is very real. So at Magpie Kiljoy, she tweeted, disaster, compassion is real. Here's some things I've seen today and yesterday in western North Carolina, like an entire thread of just like really fantastic like anecdotes observations.
Speaker 1: She made Like this is a really long thread, and.
Speaker 3: It's everything from just just the simplest things of people, you know, helping each other, to like tool libraries opening up to help people fix things and.
Speaker 1: All this other stuff.
Speaker 3: So I think for a world right now where we lack a bit of hope and thinking that we have lost total compassion for each other, I think this was like a really nice thread and also underscores the importance of mutual aid and solidarity.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, and a lot of groups are accepting donations to whether like on you know, monetary or even just like goods, clothing and all kinds of sanitary stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we will link off to some of those places in though footnote tweet. I've been enjoying Friend of the show at Danielle Radford tweeted Megalopolis is a lot of things, and one of them is like if Baz Luhrmann made a Batman movie but lost the rights halfway through production.
Speaker 2: That's because like the beginning I was like I'm going to make a Batman movie, like I'm here for it. I can't believe that hasn't happened already, right.
Speaker 1: And then I also Daniel lieu at Daniel day Lewis tweeted top ten funniest acting choices ever made. Here, Miss Kidman is searching for a clue that might help her find her missing child, and for a brief second, she chooses to look around this dark room with a pair of binoculars, almost as if to say, what are binoculars and how do they work? It's really she's like shuffling through a desk, like looking at all these like papers and notes, and then she just picks up a pair of binoculars and just does this with them, which might see I'm gonna put the link in there for people watching to check out.
Speaker 2: Is this still Megloopolis?
Speaker 1: No, this is just a a new movie. I don't know what it's from. Okay, And that's a great if if I was better at my job, I would have I would have looked ahead of time. But I did not. Let me say, is anybody in the comments? Is it the next anything useful? No? It's Twitter now, of course not anyways, you can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore o Brian. You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeitgeist right the daily zeit Geist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page on a website daily zeikeis dot com, where we post our episodes and our footnote no link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy. Miles, what song do you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 3: This is a track by the group Common Saints, and it's called Sweet Release, and it's got like really kind of nice sort of folk trippy, folky vocals in the beginning, and then like the like the full drum kit comes in and it becomes a little bit more or of a head nodter groover track. But I really love the vocal mixed specifically on it. So if you got headphones, check that out, go go into a wonderful place.
Speaker 1: This is Sweet Released by Common Saints. All right, We will link off to that in the footnote to Daily Zeitgeist does a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from my heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you find your favorite show that is gonna do it for us this week back on Monday to tell you what was trending and we will talk to you all then. Bye bye,