Speaker 1: This is Command Center Special and this is Brian Mitchell here with Santanna Mosas, and we're coming to you right behind enemy lines in Philadelphia. In this episode of Command Center Special, we're gonna be talking about matchups, memories, and who's.
Speaker 2: Going to be our hero. Coming to you right now.
Speaker 3: Command Center Special from Philadelphia is brought to you by Northwest Federal Credit Union, the Fittier Credit Union of the Washington Commanders invite you to stop searching, go Northwest. Check out NWFCU dot org slash Washington to see how easy it is to join and how Northwest can help you make your money work for you. Stop by a branch or visit NWFCU dot org slash Washington today.
Speaker 2: Good evening.
Speaker 1: This is Brian Mitchell and this is Command Center Special. I'm here in Philadelphia with my man, Santana Moss. The Commanders tomorrow are taking on the Philadelphia Eagles. We're gonna go through some things today, try to chop it up a little bit. But you know about some memories we had from here, some great moments and things like that, and what we think needs to happen for the Commanders to get a victory tomorrow Tantana.
Speaker 2: You've come up here many times.
Speaker 1: They call you the Cowboy Killer, but you did great things against the Eagles as well.
Speaker 2: What's the biggest moment you've ever had playing.
Speaker 1: Here or even in back in in Landover against the Eagles.
Speaker 4: You know, one of my most fondest memories of this matchup has the date back my first year a part of this team, you know, in two thousand and five, we actually came up here the last game of the season. We played these guys on New Year's Day, Wow, and it was a part of the five game win streak that got us into the playoffs that year. And I remember that game being special because we had beat them at home on I believe on a Sunday night game and we had to face them again, just come off for four game win streak, and we had to win this. We had to win that game to have a great slot in the playoffs.
Speaker 5: And we won it.
Speaker 4: But it was a hard fork game and it's one of those games where I don't even think I had a touchdown. But it was just one of my fonnest memories just knowing what it took for us to get into postseason and we was facing a good team, you know, in the Philadelphia Eagles back then.
Speaker 1: I think you take this thing back to I don't care how long you go nineteen ninety I started playing against this evening. I ended my career up here playing for them them. But the ultimate thing is, I don't care how good Eighteam was.
Speaker 5: The battle was always great. You know.
Speaker 2: I can remember the Body Bad game.
Speaker 1: That's probably my biggest memory because everywhere I go somebody remind me of it. We're playing against them and they hurt basically nine people, and of the nine, I was backing up four and you.
Speaker 5: Was a quarterback that game.
Speaker 2: I end up quarterback of that game by a return. They pus that game.
Speaker 1: We player running back that game, so I had to do a lot of stuff. But the thing about it is for me, and I'm very much like you. I know, competitive, you are people. They were so happy about how they were hurting people, and that pissed me off. And I remember coach Gibbs saying, don't worry about it, We'll see him again. And we came back up here in the playoff and we knocked them out of the playoffs.
Speaker 2: And when I came.
Speaker 1: Here to play, everybody, man, you remember by the back game, I see you remember the playoff game, you know, because like the whole thing about me, I could be a jerk. Yeah, like they were jerks in this town for the most point. I wanted to be just like them, you know, because if you're gonna sit up here and tell me about the game when you got the upper hand, let me know what you did when it mattered, and that's going to the playoffs.
Speaker 5: What is it about when it comes time?
Speaker 4: Because you know, one of the things that always stands out to me when we get ready to face the teams in our division. You look at the records that we have and I didn't realize we was leading the series because you know, it been so competitive amongst these two teams, but I feel like Philly have had the edge in the past decade when it comes to wins. What was it about what transpired back in the day before I got here that made this game so competitive? Because I know they talk about the Cowboy Game and we know the Giants to me, has always been on our toughest opponents our division.
Speaker 5: What was it about this game and us?
Speaker 4: Because I feel like this is where we got beat up the most playing against Philly, Well, you got beat.
Speaker 1: Up by the players because they were always tough. Buddy Ryan came in with the mindset where we're going to beat them up and see if they can have a mental toughness to get through the game. And one thing about coach Gibbs, who didn't curse. He rarely got highly upset. But the man was as competitive as anybody, and he raised us to be like that and coach us to be like that. And I tell you that body bag game I think had a lot to do with what has transferred over the years now because think about it, they normally come to Washington beat us, and we normally come here and come and no matter how good they are, we can knock them off.
Speaker 2: So I think the thing about it is that this this a blue collar town.
Speaker 1: The team was very very they weren't brash, the town was brash. And after they had that game, they began to ask for the team took on it because I remember coming here and we played against the Giants and it's like the Giants will always beat us.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what the hell is this?
Speaker 4: You know, like the boring game against the Giants and we've seen to always take the ill.
Speaker 1: So it's just like, you know, I really believe that. You know, these towns are so close, and you see him twice a year. And the thing about our division, you may see the Cowboys in the playoffs, you may see the Giants in the playoffs, you may see the Eagles. And I think just playing a team twice a year is enough. But when you got that playoff imprecations and you can go to the super Bowl or not go to the super Bowl based off a team of your division, that makes everybody just have a little bit more, you know, vitrol to come after the player, you know.
Speaker 2: So for me, you know, I had that one.
Speaker 1: And then I can remember coming up here in some games where they were basically trying to kick the ball away from me. And you know, that's the most frustrated in the world. You practice all week, you want to be out there. This is football, It's not keep away. And I think Ray Rose was the head coach and the punter.
Speaker 2: I guess he's shank one.
Speaker 1: And I timed I quite on the run boom cut back score and I went back to the sideline. I was telling the specialties coach. I said, I told you, And after that game, he was team coach anymore. Wow, So it just seems like they were they And then when I saw that like they when I would play against the Eagles, everybody talked but the special teams guys. Everybody talked but the defensive backs. So I basically say, I'm a make and I started trying. You know, yeah, I call all of that bluff. I say, if you tackle me, you won't make it through the game.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It was just that I just think that this team brought everything out of you if you were a competitor.
Speaker 4: So so so I want to ask this question leading to this game this week against our team. Our team just come off of a tough loss, you know, And I mean it's one of those losses where you look at and you say, man, you only could you force yourself? And it's not like you went out there and just played the kind of game that we've seen that these guys played.
Speaker 5: You know, you know the two games before and.
Speaker 4: Although the Buffalo Bills, everyone kind of thought that the Buffalo Bills was a better team than us, how do you bounce back now you're facing the Eagles team. That's what three and oh they might not be clicking on offense the way they was clicking last year, but they still putting up points. The run game seems to be what second and none? They probably is second? Right now, coming to this game, what is it that we have to do as a team to come out of you know, Philly with a victory.
Speaker 1: Well, I think, first of all, we can't beat ourselves. You look at the game last week against Buffalo. As bad as we had played, that game was sixteen zero going into the fourth quarter. You mess around when you come out of the halftime, you have score seven.
Speaker 2: You're looking at sixteen seven. That game goes anyway.
Speaker 1: And I think the ultimate thing in the NFL. I know you said every week about win the turnover battle. He completely lost that. Yeah, okay, and then when we lost it. I think what I look at football is this way, the team that gets the upper hand has control because now that team can relax and settle into what they do best. And you watch with baltim I mean Buffalo did against is Buffalo began to try to run the ball a little bit.
Speaker 2: Then they had Josh rain the ball to digs.
Speaker 5: They do every other play on second team routes, you know, scramble, drill, so.
Speaker 1: It made us press and already we're a young football team. We have a young quarterback trying to get this thing, an offensive line that I don't think has got their chemistry completely.
Speaker 2: Together just yet.
Speaker 1: So when you're trying to click on that, because everybody keeps saying, well, why didn't they stick to the run, let's think about this.
Speaker 2: When we went for fourth and goal, fourth and two, it was whatever, we.
Speaker 1: Lost yours because they were ready for it. But then when we started running later, they were more in prevent They were trying to make sure we don't have no big plays against them.
Speaker 2: So yeah, there was a lot of spaces for us.
Speaker 1: But ultimately for me, you going to this game and our defense steps up because our defense is going to have to have a big game for us to get a victory here.
Speaker 2: If we can step up and kind of make Swift have to work, make.
Speaker 1: The office ask the way because they're passing game, as you stated, is not.
Speaker 2: Up to par right now. Their running game is legit.
Speaker 1: This is where the six first rounders have to step up and play and just don't turn the ball over. And I think you got a chance because against a division rival, it's nothing like playing against another team from somewhere else because you don't see them all the time. I was, I was liking it to Colorado, went to Oregon and got embarrassed. I think today they did better.
Speaker 5: Because they know that they see them enough.
Speaker 4: Speaking of defense, you're talking about their I mean our defense having to step up. Their defense one of the best when it comes to stopping the run. And we're saying, I've been here in all week. I'm pretty sure you're heard.
Speaker 5: It on your show. We need to run the ball more.
Speaker 4: I heard you telling folks, you know, you don't necessarily need to run the ball more. And don't look at the yards that we did run well because those yardists in the game where they were probably.
Speaker 5: Playing a little bit of the defense. You know.
Speaker 4: Okay, safe fans, as we do go out there and have that approach early, how do we match up against the guys who they have on the other side, because that defensive front is something else too, which you got Fletcher Cox, you got with Jordan Davis.
Speaker 1: Jordan Davis Carter comes off the bench and he's probably as good as anyone.
Speaker 4: You have some of the best guys on their defensive front as well. You can look at it like how fresh move mentioned. You could look at it as the SEC matchup. They had Georgia, we got Alabama. You know what I'm saying, So like save Fancy, we are trying to take this game and have the approach that we had last year. Last year, I feel like we ran the ball well when we played them up here and beat them in November. We ran the ball well. But we haven't shown that yet this year with this new offense. So do you think that's the approach against this team, trying to establish the run or should we just like how you know Logan Polston talk all the time about Santana. It's not about just running the ball. It's about sustaining those drives. Basically, any way you can to move to change. Butether we run a couple of times, dumble ball off of two here and there, here, the splash paper, whatever it is, is going to be sustaining drives. That's to me, gives you a better chance than trying to force the ball. Until when I running backs say, I.
Speaker 1: Think if you sit up here and you this is what I love about football. The fans can say what the hell they want to say? Yeah, I said, The media can say what the hell, we want to say, Eric, Ron and Jack some of the people that come to the final say so. And I played in his offense, and I understand why.
Speaker 2: Eric does what he do a lot.
Speaker 1: You know, it's a lot of the passes are sometimes trying to get the quick hit and then early on you look, you go down the field and they do the the zone or rezone or whatever. But the ultimate thing is whether you're using the run and says of the pass or vice versa, you have to execute the play that you're calling. And the thing about it, everyone said we should have stuck to the run. We weren't executing enough. We moved right down the field, got inside the twenty and we didn't get the we didn't get the points. That's not the fact that we weren't running the football. It's just that we didn't execute in the end. And I think the ultimate thing for me is a lot of the short passes are extensions of the run in the West Coast offense, and that's what Andy Reid will do, and I know that's what Eric does for me. I think that we have to hit the plays when we need to hit him. Like last year, the ball hits Goddard bounces, hits his foot, somebody's there are intercepting and run.
Speaker 2: You know, we made the players when we need to make them.
Speaker 1: And so many times I listen to people and I get frustrated because a lot of people don't understand this old game.
Speaker 2: But I don't want to say you don't you don't play the game.
Speaker 1: Allow.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be that guy.
Speaker 1: But ultimately, if this offense goes out and execute on the plays that are called, they can keep them off balance. Now, I think the Cardinals showed us the recipe. I was ready to stop a pass rushing team. Okay, they ran right at Michael Parsons, they ran right at Lawrence.
Speaker 2: Well, they got guys that like the pass rush. How many pass.
Speaker 1: Rush is like taking on a three hundred and twenty three and thirty pounder. And I think for the offensive line, they feel better when they're firing off instead of being passing. So I think you got to find a delicate balance into it, because you can't run the.
Speaker 2: Ball fifty times, and your damn sure, I can't throw it fifty times, but you could get somewhere in between and see what happens.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel the same way. I think when it comes down to just establish it the run, you should try to get the ball and be rob Hans a little more. I think he's a guy that's more than ready to carry the load. But I think also with just this offensive, you know, set up the way they have things going on right now, that's not the makeup of us right now. I do believe that we should try at least I mean, he needs more than five carries going into halftime. You know, you can't see your start running back, and he's still averaging probably what seventy yards apart twenty yards a game this year already within three games. I feel like you do need to establish a run. But I think one of the ways that we can if we do necessarily or don't try to establish a run when we do when we hit those players, whether we run the ball or getting the ball hands quick, we want to get those guys up front, going side the sideline, because those big guys. To me, I feel like we get those guys tired enough, then we now we got them playing, we got the advantage. Now we can stuff it at him a couple of times, but Stephan at them and they ready for it.
Speaker 5: Nah, that's not gonna be the rest.
Speaker 1: That's why I kind of fight back when guys said we have to run the ball so much early, because it's not about necessary. Are you running it or passing it? How many yards are getting on first down? Okay, if you throw a pass and you get you know, young quarterbacks normally wait for the guy to get open. Veteran quarterbacks you play with them, they throw the guy open. So when I drop back, if I don't see the guy, if I throw it to a space where I know he's going, he may show up and catch that ball. Because normally the defensive back is looking at the receiver and the receiver is looking at the quarterback. But if you run the football, do you gain yards or lose yards?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: And I think that's what you have to come by because you don't leave away from it. But when you have the opportunity, because we had the ball first, we went down, if we score there, we now put them in a position because I learned now I don't care how great the coordinators are. The team that gets the first teschdown normally now dictates to them because the next offensive coordinator is going to do what pull it in the air, pull it in that because everybody, for some reason seemly they got to get it all at one in one big player. And I think if they just find a way to whenever you get down there, at that point is where you have to be more cautious with the football. Turnovers in the red zone are the absolute worst. Yeah, And if we can avoid things like that and make sure we leave with points. If you can't get the seven, at least get three, don't leave with nothing at all.
Speaker 4: Speaking of our turnovers, you think about it last week, you know we had a lot of four interceptions I believe you threw. And we coming to this game, you're going up against two of the better defensive backs and brad Berry and Slay and Slay might be top three defensive deep cornerback.
Speaker 2: Terry has his lunch with Terry.
Speaker 1: Terry.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, he civilly reminds me of how they get He gets up for Slave, how I got up for the Cowboys, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Like he had some for some odd reason. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 4: And we've been talking about, you know, finding ways to get Jahann active, and you I've heard you mentioned saying, hey, he's not number one. You know, Terry's number one. But even with that being say that, if you really watch the film like I watched it, you know, all twenty two, and you see the guys, see some of the routes that's Terry running, it's not really the routes that we probably want to see, you know, our big play guy having, but you want to see him get the ball more like to me, I feel like, do you think that we need to because I'm looking at it like this. We can, we can get in the passing game and try to affect those guys in the past game. But if you dropping seven and rushing only four, then it's come on. It's kind of one of those situations where you know, you plan you they basically want him to throw the ball so they can do what happened last week.
Speaker 1: That's and that's the thing where when people tell me about what we should do and shouldn't do if a defense can win with four.
Speaker 2: They dictate everything to you.
Speaker 1: You know, but if you have if the officer line I think plays just slightly a little bit more, not better, but more consistent, you know, you out you allow a guy a chance with a strong arm that Taylor Heineke, who came in here last year in November and beat this team when they were undefeated. You now have a guy in Sam how who has a on arm. You have a guy Terry.
Speaker 2: I think, who has multiple, uh.
Speaker 1: Like eight nine reception games against this football team. The dude he gets into his groove against them. And you have a guy and through to him against that was the second game against the dever that.
Speaker 2: Ball he threw to him.
Speaker 1: That's you give those chances to Terry, but you have to be able to step into your ball. And I think that's the ultimate thing for tomorrow night. I would hope that he would be more. I call him a ballerina, a ballerina in the in the in the pocket where it's not about wanting to get out of it, it's just working in it. The little slide forward, slide back, because I watched the game last week and I watched Jalen Hurts and I saw him move. If we look at this camera here, we got the mics. He moved from there, slide back, slid here, slid back and through the football and the office and then the defensive line players saying was right here. But he was able to deliver it if he had tried to run or just run the other way, he gets sack, but he was able to maneuver. And I watched guys like Tom Brady and like I would say, he is he has such a strong arm. But I think when you're an athletic quarterback, your mindset is normally I can get it done. And I was just say me as a quarterback college, what David Cully told me was, you don't need to do it. You got all these guys to help you, and guys like Terry and Curtis and Johann and then you got to be robbed behind you ag you know Logan is gonna be playing.
Speaker 2: You have all those.
Speaker 1: Guys that could take that pressure off of you, and you just gotta run the office in a timely fashion and not think you gotta wait for the big play, because the little plays, multiple little plays, will open up the big play.
Speaker 5: For you, no doubt. And that's what I that's my take on it.
Speaker 4: Like as a receiver, when I'm watching them, I'm looking at Sam and Sam, Sam.
Speaker 5: I get it, and I appreciate you because he's.
Speaker 4: Standing in the pocket for he wants to throw that ball to the open he wants that guy to get open, and he also like, screw this, I'm waiting on you.
Speaker 5: But as a receiver.
Speaker 4: Same way I told Jason Campbell when he was here, Bro, if you don't see me open, take off because I understand that clock and I'm running my route thinking about that clock. I remember back in when I was playing with the Jets and a coach told me coach got on me. He was pissed off with me, Paul Hackett, I'll never forget this. I ran a route in practice and it was a dig where I was a sixteen yard dig roud, So we had to run sixteen yards, put your foot in.
Speaker 5: The ground, and come back like a curl. That was our dig back then.
Speaker 4: So normally you can call a dig a fifteen yard in or you can call a dig of sixteen and come back.
Speaker 5: So it was sixteen and cut back, and I didn't run it how I looked on paper.
Speaker 4: I ran, put my foot in the ground like I was going around, and got a God turned his hips and I came back.
Speaker 5: He threw his clipboard. Ah, you don't run it that way. I caught the ball, made the play.
Speaker 2: You don't.
Speaker 4: You don't run it that he cursed me out in front of everybody, young pup. So I'm looking at him like, what you mean? Like he was sitting at thirteen. You want me to run the sixteen and come back, And he said, that's the only way you can run that route.
Speaker 5: I want you to run the way I taught it.
Speaker 4: Well, I overcame coaching because if I run the way you taught me, I'm gonna get blanketed. So I put I put a little something on it, and still got to my route on the right. Timing the reason why I bring it up because half of the time it's about timing. Yeah, West Coast offense is about timing. When I was with the Jets, it was a West Coast office.
Speaker 5: It was about timing.
Speaker 4: When I was in college, we had a time and offense too, and the things that I did with the Jets, I learned it in cottage because my cottage coach told me, Santanna, I didn't teach you this, but you can do it because you have the speed to get there, do what you do and still get to your spot. So when I'm watching the game, I'm looking at the quarterback and I'm seeing some of the things he's waiting on. I'm like, you got to say, scratch that, where's B, Where's C? And I gotta go you know what I mean? So fast forward. Just you spoke on Logan being back. I'm happy that he's back, although we had you know, col turning on W I believe is coming into his own. But I think Logan would be a brick help too, because we know use a quarterback one day, I mean before and I believe tight ends are quarterback safety nets. You know, those are guys that can always look, you know, look for in the middle of the field. And I'm just hoping that this week going forward, knowing what, we're probably going to see the same kind of front, the same kind of you know, back in I'm hoping that he used the safety nets a little more and often. And I think if you get to in a rhythm of dumping it off in the swing, swing passes over the guy over the ball, eventually those linebackers got to come up and then you can hit those holes.
Speaker 5: You can hit those guys in the.
Speaker 4: End cuts, you can get those openings in those zones that you need. So I feel like we have what it takes to beat these guys. We just got to go out and get the job.
Speaker 1: Answer this question, and I think we look at the offense and we understand that they're growing a lot. Defenses, the person is supposed to be leading this football team, what's the most important. The offense plays a lot better, the defense plays more dominant for them to get the victory.
Speaker 4: I think it's go hand in hand. Yeah, I really do think it's go hand in hand. I feel like I want the defense to be the tone setter. To me, I really believe that our defense, like if we paid this money for you guys to be who you are, let me see that.
Speaker 5: I need to see that. I need you to be the.
Speaker 4: Defense of the old days, back when the still curtain was here and we knew we was gonna come see a defensive game from them, and then you're gonna get a big player too, from Lin Swann to somebody out.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: I want to see that.
Speaker 4: I want I feel like we had that kind of defense, and we had those kind of players here as a whole. So I would love to see the defense always be disruptive, always be dominant, always set the tone, have the hand on the ball at least twice a game, you know, do those things that big time top five defenses do, and then offensively just just score because we can score.
Speaker 5: We can move the ball. We showed that.
Speaker 4: I mean the last four or five years we talked about stackning offenses. We actually have an offense now that has moved the ball up and down the field.
Speaker 5: And you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So now now we know we can move the ball and it's not a big problem with what the scheme, how we're running things. We might want to run the ball a little more, but I just feel like in order for us to win the way we want to win here with what we have with our makeup, the defense have to start it. They have to be who they are. You know, it's no last week I can't see a last week game coming from my defense. Again, I understand it wasn't a defense fault that we lost that game, but even with that being said, they should have had.
Speaker 5: Josh Allen on his back at least once or seven times.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know what I'm saying, And I saw that many times.
Speaker 1: For me, I asked the question I ask you because I know you're going to answered just like you did. You ask that question a lot of times, and most people feel like they have to choose one side or the other. I feel teams winning on football games when you have both sides and special themes coming upping you out. And the ultimate thing about this team is the big dogs are the defense. We all know that, but offensively you garner a lot of confidence in those guys when they do it. I I want to see this team come out fast and star fast. Yeah you know, I don't care if the first play is a pass. You come out and you get positive yards. A four yard pass, a four yard run is positive in my book, because if you get four, you get three. You going third and three, you know, you can do whatever you want the book and I look at it a lot. A lot of people put the pressure on air, you know, to put the pressure on Jack. But ultimately for me, people that's getting paid the money to do this thing. Of the players, and I understand we need coaches, but I always tell people, I've never seen a great coach with out great players. I've seen a lot of great players without without great coaches, but I've never seen a great.
Speaker 2: Coach with out great players. So these players have to understand.
Speaker 1: You were drafted where you were, You're paid the money you paid to be big time players, and I think it's just that time where all of a sudden, like you stayed and you figured out a way to make the play work.
Speaker 2: I've had coaches tell me do it like this.
Speaker 1: I said, coach, you are the coach from Monday to Saturday. On Sunday, I'm the coach. I'm gonna do what the concept of the offense says. But sometimes that doesn't work. The player on that time on Sunday going in suddeny at one o'clock is not gonna do what you had the player do on the card. So when he does something opposite, I gotta adjust to make it work.
Speaker 2: As long as it work is all that matters for me.
Speaker 5: Who would be the hero?
Speaker 4: I mean when you I think you mentioned this a week ago, you need somebody to be a hero. Who's going to be that hero that step up this game that lead us to victory.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go to a defensive player, and I'm not gonna say one. I'm gonna go with two guys because I think what they do they lead the whole personality of this football team, Jonathan Allen and Deron Payne. Because I think both of those guys by themselves are wrecking crews.
Speaker 2: But if they both go out there the three place series.
Speaker 1: We saw dorond in two weeks ago where he got a sack, he had attacker for lossy back theball. Now what if he does one series and John come to the other. Do you think chasing Monte is not gonna want to do it? You think the other guy's coming off the sideline ridgeway and all those guys are not gonna want to do it, And you think the offensive players are not gonna.
Speaker 2: Get a little little jealous and say, well, I gotta do something too as well.
Speaker 1: I've always felt that there's a very very good thing about constructive I mean constructive and that friendly competition. Every time I went on the field, we had this every it was like nine to ten of us. We had things that we had to acquire to We'll put one hundred dollars in per person per week, and you had things you had to acquire to be able to win it.
Speaker 2: So if I had to get a hundred.
Speaker 1: And seventy something yards total offense, one guy med get an interception. Running back got to get a hundred yards. But if one person does and stuff and nobody else he gets the money. You don't want me to get that money. So you go out there and you're competing, and we did it as because of that reason, and we won a lot of games based off of it. We wouldn't try to harm anybody. We were trying to go out there and we say, look, I.
Speaker 5: Can get mine every week, can you get your exactly?
Speaker 1: And then all of a sudden it comes to a point where everybody is striving to play their absolute best, which in the turn makes it hardest hell for that defense to stop you from doing your job, whether your offense or when you flip it over and their defense got now stop us offensively. Yeah, you know, And I just think that that friendly competition, you know what, what's not going to be something harmful. It's going to help the team out. You have had it if I'm I can see myself if I was chased or hey, I may have more saxs you this game.
Speaker 5: I mean no, I trust me.
Speaker 4: I feel you because I'm smiling when you talk about the funny competition, because me and my friends to this day, you know, outside of playing.
Speaker 5: Football, but just how we live.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure you got guys you hang with or guys you can go have a drink with, to go you know, golf with. And when someone do something good, like we go bowling and my brother rollers strike, we have a we have a sin TAXI that mean I'm wanting, I'm going the same way, I'm coming behind you. So we got that from playing ball. When someone made a big play, tax a, I'm following you. So I mean you you hit it, you hit a spot on. I would say my hero needs to be on the offensive side of the ball. And I'm gonna say, b Rob, I think b Rob has made for what these guys have, you know, in their front seven, front five, whatever you want to call it, their front line and their linebackers. B Rob is a guy that he took it to them last year. It's a rookie, and I think we're gonna have to lean on him. And I'm not necessarily or primarily saying that we have to run the ball, stuff the ball, but I do believe teams like this that's made to stop your run, you have to you have to almost poke holes in them some other kind of way, then stuff it and shove it in them, because now when you get them crippled, when you get them to the point to where they so tired. Like we talked about stretching the field, making them run sideline. The sideline, now you have them planning into your wheelhouse, and now you can stuff that ball down. I'm gonna say, okay, now we can keep converting these third downs, moving the change, doing the things. But I think we can do that with rob And I think one of the things watching just from the past few weeks be Robbers in the game. Out the game, he was almost playing less plays than he did last week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you see what I'm saying. So we have to find a way to implement him.
Speaker 4: And also in the passing game, he has to come in on the third down and say, okay, I'm going to be that back as well.
Speaker 1: With that, I think I think that people look for him in the game. They say they gonna run it.
Speaker 2: You're gonna run the ball.
Speaker 1: When ag comes in the game, they're gonna throw it. Well, they both of them do the same thing. I think that that throws the defense off a little bit, you know. But for me, I say this, this team has to understand when you put yoursela, you work so hard to put yourself in a position. We've had several interceptions that were hit and dropped. I mean hit in the hands and dropped. Jalen Hurst is giving people opportunities this with this our year, and he didn't do it as much last year. But I think right now something is just off. If a ball touched the defensive player hand come down with to come down with it, and offensive players, I don't care if you get the extra two yards makes you're at the end of the play, you're turning it back over to the ref to put it down for us. You know what I'm trying to say is you have to capitalize off opportunities that you get. You know, the football is hard, and you know last year they were the ones that turned the ball over, made the mistakes at the opportunity times, and we just have to do that. If we're smarter than them, have less penalties in them, and we win that turnover battle. As you always say, you win the football game time. I don't care who they are or who you're playing against. If you do those three things, you win the game.
Speaker 5: I think that's a good way to close this thing out.
Speaker 4: I feel like if you go out there talk about the turnovers, win that battle, and like I said before, you got Jalen Hurts, who's playing phenomenally the last two years, but already coming into this game and three games, got three picks. So that tells you offensively, and he's not seeing it the same way. We've touched a lot of balls this year and haven't came down with him. So come down with those those opportunities that we get. Don't give them the ball were planning their home, or then.
Speaker 5: Take it to them.
Speaker 4: We got to have a kind of mentality and who knows we should come away with a victory.
Speaker 2: And I believe this.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's this offense and defense, both even special teams. You have a game plan going into it. Why not have the attitude I'm gonna be the guy, you know, and that I'm gonna be the guy. May take fifteen more minutes tonight, fifteen more minutes in the morning to study what you have, and you may see something I have gone in the locker room and start looking at stuff and pick up something I didn't see all week and go in the game and see it, and it made it.
Speaker 2: I had a big playoff of it.
Speaker 1: I've also I used to always be the guy where Jim Johnson when I was here would tell me watch for the different fakes and stuff. So I had to learn that the defense was going against their offense. I'll say, Jim, that guy hadn't been in the game. They tried to do it play we get them. So somebody has to be able to make the play for whatever they think is going to help this team out, and it does. It's not always just your position. Keep your eyes open and learn the whole aspect of the game.
Speaker 2: You know. I was a former.
Speaker 1: Quarterback and I had to learn everybody's position. I told everyone do the same thing I'm doing. If we all know what each other has to do, we may see something that the person doesn't see and we can give him a little hint to help him out. So we hope that this team will go out here have a big victory, just like they did last year. If they walked in here in November. We're here now September. Let's close it out with a bang, and we finished this first our quarter at three and one, it'd be unbelievable. Thank you all for joining Command Center Special from Philadelphia here with Santana Moss and Brian Mitchell. We'll see you tomorrow on Commander's post on pregame live and postgame live.
Speaker 2: Thanks for watching.
Speaker 1: Command Center Special from Philadelphia, brought to you by Northwest Federal Credit Union, the official credit union of the Washington Commanders. Invite you to stop searching, go Northwest. Check out NWFCU dot org slash Washington to see how easy it is to join and how Northwest can help make your money work for you. Stop by a branch or visit in w f c U dot org slash Wasston today.
Speaker 2: H M hm
Speaker 1: Hm