Speaker 1: Welcome in friends to leading off. That's right.
Speaker 2: We are here, We are live, and we are here for the playoff run.
Speaker 1: The Fantasy playoffs should be here. I am Chris Welsh.
Speaker 2: You can find me on Twitter at is it the Welsh In Joining me today is Andrew Seifter on Twitter Andrew underscore Sifter.
Speaker 1: It is playoff time, Andrew, How are we rocking? How are we prepared? Who are we streaming? Tell me every little detail about your playoffs? Go? All right?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm a rotisserie league guy, so I like the slow build to the end.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: But I'm still in a neck and neck race for first place in my oldest league, so I'm sweating it out, staring at the categories every single day, figuring out if I can get that one extra saver or that one extra home run that I need to jump up a spot in the standings, because it really could come down to anything. I remember a few years ago I won I tied for the league championship on the final day because Carlos Correa stole a base. So it really can come down to the end, even in those retissary leagues. But of course in head to head it's even more intense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have that.
Speaker 2: I mean, y'all you have those memories too. There's that There'll always be that one Fantasy Baseball memory, whether it's roto or whether it's.
Speaker 1: Head to head. And I had one of those with one.
Speaker 2: Of our buddies where it was the last day, last Games Sunday Night baseballs of years ago. Hunter Pence hit two homers which tied me in homers, I think in runs, and we tied eight eight, and I moved on to the tiebreaker to go to the championship. And one of my good friends always remembers that that's what it is, and Fantasy baseball is built around the grind.
Speaker 4: So hopefully, yeah, and we count pens. This is awesome, man.
Speaker 3: I bet you he would appreciate that if you told him that story on Twitter or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I probably should. I'll always remember him and me and my buddy.
Speaker 1: What we do is we just text each other.
Speaker 4: Eight eight.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: The eight eight tie is what it was because it was a big head to head categories league, very good stuff. But we are here for the grind and hopefully we can help you make all of those decisions. We're talking about Andrew's top pickups. We are going to be going through all of the stuff and things stat leaders from over the weekend home run calls. What do you guys think the leaderboard looks like? Because I'm gonna give you a little hinted tip. We got a brand new person at the top. We have a new leader that we have not had all season long, and we've only got a couple weeks to go, so it should be awesome. What was awesome, especially as a personally Diamondbacks fan, but was a really just great record. Zach Gallen had the scoreless streak extended to become the number one Diamondback of all time, but he just lost his scoreless streak, which was forty four in a third consecutive innings.
Speaker 1: It was snap when CJ.
Speaker 2: Crown had an RBI single in the fourth inning, but an incredibly impressive performance by Zach Gallen. And this had me thinking over the weekend, I was working a lot, and we're going on a lot of ranks right now, and I was working on my early twenty twenty three ranks.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm I focused.
Speaker 2: I finally focused, and I'm like, that's the one I'm going to get done first, and then I'm going to move to my dynasty in prospect get those cleaned up. But going through and looking at twenty twenty three ranks and comparing performances can make it really difficult.
Speaker 1: On values.
Speaker 2: Zach Gallon is a tough one because he was dominant, had a lull, and he's gone back to complete dominance on.
Speaker 1: A subbish par team.
Speaker 2: But that scoreless streak nonetheless probably one of the more impressive performances of the year.
Speaker 3: Andrew, Oh, yeah, absolutely, And of course it has to end in course field of all places. Not really fair. I think that they should have like a stat for consecutive scoreless innings at normal elevation, and we should be able to just keep it going. But I'm glad that he gave us a nice parting gift for fantasy with eleven strikeouts in that outing, So even though he ended up giving up a few runs, it was still a very nice performance to help us for those stretch runs.
Speaker 2: And on the year, one hundred and fifty eight innings, he's a twelve and two record, a two five era X fifth that is around three three to two. He doesn't have a fifth that's under three.
Speaker 1: On the season.
Speaker 2: He's cut the homers by a dramatic marker was one point four to nine last year down to point six y two walks that were cut by a full walk. And the strikeouts. He's taken a little bit of a tickdown in the strikeouts, but he's been phenomenal three three three Sierra, which is just proven that he is in the elite.
Speaker 1: Class of pitchers.
Speaker 2: And I think he's going to be a primary target after the Big Dogs next year, whatever the big Dogs look like, by the way, but Zach Gallon having that streak broken really nonetheless impressive of what he does. Speaking of impressive six ninety seven, Albert poolholes hit six ninety seven off of Chase to Young in the ninth inning, passing Alex Rodriguez for fourth place all time on the home run list, now three away from seven hundred and kind of a cool story. The woman that caught it came back after they brought her back to give him the home run ball, and she had talked about, oh man, it was like losing a job and had.
Speaker 1: Lost their father or whatever it was.
Speaker 2: There's a whole bunch of like stuff there, and Albert ended up saying, you keep the ball, this will mean more to you and signed a couple more.
Speaker 1: Balls for her, which is pretty cool.
Speaker 2: He's gonna probably want seven hundred, to be honest, if he gets their Andrews. So we are now, you know, twenty less than twenty days away from the season, and you and I were looking before the show and Pools is still not playing every single day. They got to get him out there every single day.
Speaker 1: He is three away.
Speaker 2: There's no way he can fall one short. They would be everyone to be devastated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, this seems like a no brainer. They've got an eight game lead in the division at this point. Just play the man. Everyone wants to see it, you know, give give your fans what they want.
Speaker 4: That's what the fans want.
Speaker 3: They if they come to the game at Bush Stadium, they want to see Albert pooh holes. You know, they'll be disappointed if they don't. And the way he's hitting, it's not like it's exactly hurting the team to play him either.
Speaker 4: By the way, and.
Speaker 2: He's at home for the next two series. At least, He's got a two game versus Milwaukee and then they've got Cincinnati, both at home.
Speaker 1: He should play all of those. He should be.
Speaker 2: Out there for every single one of those to break this record because we are getting so close.
Speaker 1: But I just have an eerie bad.
Speaker 2: Feeling that we are going to end at six ninety nine. Maybe it's my anarchisis in that's inside of me. I just feel like we're going to end at six ninety nine.
Speaker 3: Andrew, you're such a pessimist man. I'm saying he's gonna break it with a week to spare.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, that'll be nice. Well, maybe we can get it going pretty pretty soon. Some other stuff around the league.
Speaker 2: Kenley Jansen allowed two homers in the bottom of the ninth, took a loss on Sunday against the Mariners. I believe that was the game that Julio Rodriguez had a one seventeen ev home run. Who continues to be the top dog. And you know a big move I made. I hadn't made this move quite yet, as I told you, I was only working on my redraft, But in Dynasty, I moved Tulliou to number one in Dynasty right now, and I just think it's hard to justify anybody else. Tatis, you know, obviously going to miss games and questions. Akunya's power has kind of wavered out Soto is a hitter I think can improve, but doesn't steal bases. Just across the board. There's a lot of big questions. But I made this about Julio here, even though Jansen got blown up. Any Jansen or Julio takes.
Speaker 3: Well, there's the guy on the other side, Michael Harris that we love, who's rocketing up those rankings as well. Maybe not quite the number one just yet, but that's in the range of possibility for next year if he keeps doing what he's doing this season.
Speaker 1: Some claiming for MVP votes for Michael yeah, wild.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: With Jansen, I mean they they may need to give him some low leverage spots at this point because he's really been struggling for a while now, and you know, they're in a pennant race. They need they They're not like the Cardinals with an eight game leading their division. They need to win these games, try to win that division. It's it's neck and neck with the Mets right now. So I would yeah, I would expect, especially with a guy like Razel Iglesias there as well, who's a proven closer, that they could, you know, move Jansen to some earlier innings and let him work things out because they want him ready to rock for the playoffs. I mean, he's had some ups and downs over the over the years, especially in the last few years, i'd say, so you know, he does bounce back from those, and he can bounce back from this. But they their priority has to be, you know, don't blow games now, try to win that division and make sure that he's ready to go come playoff times. So you know, it's not what his fantasy managers are going to want to hear, but I think there's a real chance that he doesn't get the next save opportunity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's the that's kind of the big rub here is that you know, you might be out Kenley Jansen's save opportunities in the most important time here. I think they might want to push him back, and they've got other options. That's why they you know, the main moves they did Seay McClanahan, who had that scary injury, likely to return on Thursday and start against.
Speaker 1: The Blue Jays. So you guys can feel good about that getting him back. I feel very good.
Speaker 2: And I know Wonky tweet about this saying, you know, I was probably freaking out somewhere and Chris Clig was on the show. We literally talked on Friday about Josh Young and I said, I was like, I'm not sure I see Josh Young hitting a homer in his first game, but I absolutely see a hit, and sure enough, first at bat gets his first career.
Speaker 1: Home run, Josh Young does.
Speaker 2: And since then I didn't even think to pull up the numbers three for twelve. He's got that homer, had he did steal a base hitting two fifty. I told you the sneaky, the sneaky speed is out there. So hits in two of his first three games. I've actually got a double header here on Monday. So Josh Young looking like a pretty good pickup right now.
Speaker 3: Andrew, Yeah, for sure, And you know we are going to mention him again, I guess later in the show because of the golden Sombrera that he just had. So it's not going to be all smooth sailing necessarily. But he's just such an impressive prospect. And he's one of those guys where I feel like we haven't fully got to see it because there's just been you know, circumstances take looking over. He had that flucish injury last year, then he had the flukeish injury in you know, the winter this year with weightlifting, so he's missed a lot of time.
Speaker 4: But when he's played, he's he's.
Speaker 3: Looked exactly like the prospect that you would expect, and the power is legitimate, batting average, abillia is there, as you said, maybe even some sneaky speed. So yeah, there's lots to like and the future is bright.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The speed thing, to me became something that like all of a sudden appeared when he was rehabbing, Like he became so much faster, he leaned out a little bit, and we probably would have seen a lot of him had he not gotten injured.
Speaker 1: But he's a good bet the rest of the way.
Speaker 2: If he is still sitting out there, he is only again read it for what it is for dead leagues and whatnot, but twenty three percent owned in Yahoo, which you know is probably closer to like of active league, probably like around sixty percent, So he might be sitting out there someone I would probably take a look at on the injury front, and then we're going to talk about some pickups. Rolldis Chapman had a scoreless ending on Sunday in a mind League rehab stint, which I think the minor leagues are done or into the next day or two, so that's going to be all done here in double A, so he could be coming back here in the near future. Mackenzie Gore toss one two thirds one in two thirds of a scoreless frame on Sunday in a minor league rehab start and triple A again, that'll be the last one. He'll probably get a start at least started to to end out the year. Nico Horner was removed from Sunday's game against the Giants du to tightness in his right tricep and Trevor Story was removed from Sunday showdown against the Orioles due to pain in his left hand. Trevor Story had been a disaster this year, and Nico Horner has been sneaky, sneaky good in getting stolen bases, a little bit of power one of those guys. Again, I was doing my twenty twenty three ranks. I was really looking at and trying to figure out how I want to value Nico Horner because I feel like he's been sneaky, sneaky. But you know, with this any type of banged upness, you can probably move on immediately with only a couple.
Speaker 4: Weeks to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean he's a player that I kind of had dismissed really as maybe just like a point league points league's kind of a guy. But then all of a sudden, the soul basis just I've really come out of nowhere this year.
Speaker 4: I mean not totally.
Speaker 3: He did have five and forty four games last year, but to be up to eighteen already this season, I mean part of it's obviously playing time, but the power. Also, he didn't hit a single home run in twenty twenty or twenty twenty one. It's got nine this year, so still still not exactly Albert Poohols, but you'll take it, you know. It's it's the sneaky production that can really help you win if he's healthy. But again, don't hold when he's day to day.
Speaker 2: No a last thirty days, six stolen bases, two homers, hitting two sixty two, sixteen runs and eleven are of you. And that brings us to the question of who are you picking up? So even in the chat, if you guys have any comments on pickups and who you're picking up or who you might drop it. But Andrew you drop an article. Who are you picking up? Who are some pickups people should be focusing on.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm definitely picking up Hunter Brown, the pitcher for the Astros. He's a prize prospect. He looked really good in his first start against Texas last week. He gets a matchup with Detroit. That's a really juicy matchup coming up. You know, we have to see about whether he's in the rotation for the entire rest of the season or not. The Astros always have a lot of options, and if Verlander does come back off the IL, we'll have to see what they decide to do. They've been rolling with a six man rotation recently and they'll probably stick with that, but even so, with verlanderback, it could be seven. Then again, a guy like Erkidi has been struggling, so you could easily see him getting moved to long relief if Hunter Brown continues hits really well both there on.
Speaker 2: Hunter Brown had worked some relief in the minors before he was called back up, so they could put him to that. But you know, Texas, he just diced six innings, had five strikeouts. He can give up an earned run and then on Tuesday he's got Detroit it's like a must star. That's actually one of the biggest must pickups. If he's still sitting out there, you could do is Hunter Brown against Detroit. So I completely agree with that.
Speaker 3: Who else do we have for Yeah, he's only like thirty four percent rostered or something like that.
Speaker 4: I believe in Yah, yahoo, So what thirty nine percent? But yeah, still pretty low.
Speaker 3: Cal Raley, you know, this guy is not exciting, but he actually is right up there for the league leading home runs among catchers. So and he's got a decent number of RBIs for a catcher as well. So, uh, maybe that's a sign of some of those dead leagues you're talking about that he's still available because there are just there aren't that there aren't enough catchers to go around at any given time. So if this guy's putting the ball over the fence like this, I mean, he's got twenty three homers and fifty four RBIs in just three hundred twenty six at bats. Batting average is going to be gross, we know that.
Speaker 1: But it's catchers two hundred over the last thirty days.
Speaker 2: But over the last two weeks he's up to two forty two and has five homers in that period of time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. So you know hot bat had a weak position, go for it.
Speaker 4: You know, Pete.
Speaker 3: Fairbanks is you know, he's not going to be the exclusive closer for the Rays, nobody is, but he's been really, really good and he is the leader of the committee chair at this point. So I saw a stat that he is the lowest expected weighted on base percentage out of any pitcher in baseball according to Stackasse. It's a pretty small sample size, but still like he's pitching great and belongs on a fantasy roster at this point, I would say.
Speaker 1: Some good pickups we got in the chat.
Speaker 2: We had McCarthy, Carroll, and Escobar as pickups, all guys that you should be looking at. Diamondbacks roster in general has been turning out some fantasy options and Escobar has been a half decent corner infielder to take a look at.
Speaker 1: So there are some guys out there. For sure.
Speaker 2: McCarthy you can't imagine available anywhere, but you know, the Carrol might still be floating around out there. JP Friedel, there's another one of those. Actually some good early matchups this week. That's another one of those guys to take a look at. Some good pickups if you guys are looking for some hitters. Pitchers are a little bit tougher, but you know, I don't hate Cole Reagans. I don't hate Cole Reagans. It's sitting out there. I think he's got to start today and that'll give him a two start for the week.
Speaker 4: So yeah, Bailey Falter is another one you could look at.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I believe he's got the Marlins again, and his next start, he just pitched pretty decently against them, so, you know, not massive upside, but a pretty solid floor.
Speaker 2: I would say some pickups for you guys, and if you guys have any questions during the week, feel free to drop them and we might do a focus you know, maybe like mid episode. I probably need to dedicate a time for it. But throughout the week, if you guys have any questions in the chat, you can drop them and we will will answer a few of them, and maybe I'll tell you at the beginning of the episode.
Speaker 1: Win we'll do it so you guys actually know. But you guys can drop it in today. Let's keep going here.
Speaker 2: Fun fact Edwin Jackson officially announced his retirement from baseball. This was on the tenth vias Instagram, and Jackson played for fourteen different teams, which is an all time record. He also had the no hitter for my Diamondbacks. I think he walked seven in it or whatever it was, and I actually have this memory of that matters to anybody. There's this series called the Dreams Series where it was out here in Phoenix, and it's a series of like it's like high school and down to fourteen year old kids and stuff like that. It's like the Martin Luther King Dreams Series, I think it is. And I remember Edwin Jackson just rolled up and was talking.
Speaker 4: With the kids.
Speaker 2: He just rolled up in like, you know, whatever, big suv and he just walked out and he was all bling down. I always liked Edwin Jackson, But none of that actually matters. But fourteen teams that Jersey room probably looks quite amazing for him.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I was going to say the fact that he played for that many teams is kind of fitting because I feel like he's the kind of player that could have played for every team in your fantasy league in a given season, because he was like that guy that you would always consider streaming, but you would never roster him for the whole season.
Speaker 1: Jackson.
Speaker 2: Everyone's own Edwin Jackson at some point, it'd be hilarious. You go and look at like all time, there's no way someone has never not rostered Edwin Jackson at some point, some point you're streaming, some point you're doing your eating innings or whatever. So hat tip to Edwin Jackson. Some stat heroes from the weekend and yesterday. Tony Kemp three for four with a homer, three RBI, Rowdy Telez had two bombs, going three for five with four RBI, Alo Lopez three for three with a homer and three RBI plus three runs. A lot of three run categories you can pick up here. Justin Turner had two homers, five RBI. Thomas Nido Thomas Nido Nido homer three RBIs going three for four. Julio had two homers, three for four, two RBIs, two runs. Michael Harris had two bombs, Glaber, Johannio Suarez and Brian Anderson all all big two homer performances, Lots of RBIs, lots of runs in there, and anybody that you want to touch on, whether it is a low low named like Tony Kemp or you know you did mention the Michael Harris stuff.
Speaker 1: I don't know who we can get out of it, but you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I could talk about him forever, but I will say, you know, with a guy like Justin Turner, it's a good reminder of just how long the season is in fantasy, because this was a guy that really really struggled in the first half of the year, but he had this very long track of production to fall back on. You know, I wouldn't have blamed anyone for dropping him at any point, but if you were the person that went and took him off the trash heap and put him into your lineup in the middle of the summer, you've been getting exactly vintage Justin Turner production out of him. You could say the same thing for Max Munci specifically.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Max Mounsey has been picking up specifically right now though Justin Turner over the last two weeks, hitting three seventy eight and has had just about a third of his total home runs for the season have happened in the last two weeks, So it's catching fire. So it's picking him up, getting him out there while he's catching fire, and he is doing so a lot of multi hit games. He I mean, since September one, he has had a run This is a wild number in seven of nine games he's played in. So if you're looking to get some run categories, Justin Turner is that guy.
Speaker 3: To your point, Yeah, well, when you play for the Dodgers, it's a good lineup to be in. So and I'm sure the Dodgers are happy that he's playing his best baseball this season as we head to the fall as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well this is when they need it the most.
Speaker 2: On the pitching side, Mitch Keller wins seven, giving up only two hits, three walks, those six strike six strikeouts. On the day, Brady Singer had a seven inning performance six strikeouts, giving up four hits, walking only one, Taylan Walker seven and ten k's, Kyle Bradish seven innings, three k's, and Marco Gonzalez five k's six innings. Kyle Bradish has just been impressive. You need run support, you need wins. Plays on a team that kind of struggles with that. But over the last thirty days he's got two wins with a two five to five, twenty eight strikeouts and a one to one three whip. He has been more than serviceable, and the Toronto game wasn't fantastic.
Speaker 1: But three of his last four starts.
Speaker 2: He's gone at least seven innings, and he does have Toronto coming up again. Actually, you know, you know it's weird.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at here his whole schedule.
Speaker 2: He's already faced Toronto three times and this is his fourth start coming up of Toronto, and none of them have gone well. So just pointing that out to everybody, But anything on Cale Bradish for.
Speaker 3: You, I mean, I'd have trouble really trusting him. But you know, if you're in one of those leagues with no innings limit and you are just trying to pick up as many wins and as many strikeouts as you can, I don't have a huge problem with it, because, like you said, this is the best stretch of the season for him by far. I will also point out with a guy like Brady Singer, like he has been excellent over the last couple of months, but I just dropped him this morning because his next two starts are at Boston and against Seattle, and we're at the time of the season where it's not what you've done for me, it's what are you going to be able to do the rest of the year, and I had John Gray coming off the al I activated him and I had to make room. So sorry, Brady Singer, You've been huge for my fantasy team, but it's time to move on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and i'd looked here.
Speaker 2: By the way, this will be the fifth start for cal Bradish against Toronto. It's just kryptonite. I want to see what is Era look like if he didn't face Toronto, because each one of those he's gotten lit up in all four of them, with number five coming up, so if you're planning to start him, just beware on the stat zero side. Jonathan India oh for five with five strikeouts. Boy do in India has not been anything we hoped for this year and it has just gotten worse. Josh Young, as you mentioned, oh for four, four strikeouts. Well, Myers also oh for four, four strikeouts, and then some over four with three strikeouts. Fried Old Black Men, Garlic von Grissom, and Austin Hedges all ohver four with three strikeouts. On the pitcher side, Luis Bettino got lit up one in one third, nine earned runs, gave up three homers, walked four, no buy zero Justin Dunn six earned runs in three, gave up a couple of homers, Johnny Quato a rare light up four and two thirds five earned runs, gave up eight hits, and Jesus Lozardo just when we were getting all happy three and one third, five earned runs, three k's. Homer Cueto's are probably probably a good example of like the quick burning churn. He's been so good, he gets lit up. There are you immediately turning that into a streaming spot? Are you holding tight?
Speaker 3: You know, it's been so hard to trust Johnny Quato, even as he's been putting up these good numbers all along. So like at this point in the season, trust is so important when when you can you know you're in a head to head league playoff matchup and one bad outing can literally end your season. So yeah, I can't say I have a ton of confidence in him right now. If there's someone with a good matchup that's pitching well lately available, I wouldn't have a problem making the switch.
Speaker 2: It's like head to head in relationships. Trust that's what it's all built on. It's all built on trust.
Speaker 1: For your head to heads home run calls.
Speaker 2: Baby, we have a brand new leader at the top of the board because Cat Fox got two correct home run calls over the weekend, has passed d Blum for everybody that is paying attention to it. Our home run call race has been a wild one throughout the season and cat Fox is now at the very top with fifty one home runs. They had Christian Walker on Sunday that did not end up working out. Cat Fox is at fifty, dee Blum is at I'm sorry, cat Fox at fifty one. Dee Blum is a fifty go cards, tied with High Cubby at forty nine, l Scale at forty eight. And that is how the list looks right now. Brand new Catfox. I don't believe it's ever been at the top of this leader board and is the leader and it is a tight race, frendo. So make sure you're getting those home run calls in. And if you've heard this all season and wondered how you can check it out, make sure you go to the discord on Fantasy Pros and you can be a part of it. Get the Premium discord and you can get in all the rooms. There's amas, there's access to people, and there's the home run call room, which is just easy. You can just literally type in like apostrophe hr dash the person and your home run call is registered and tracked and that's all that anybody needs to do. And you can go and check out our friends over yes at bet MGM.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of scheming.
Speaker 2: Today blue and Blue putting on my Tierra no crown like Joe Piezapia for our friends Elver. I bet mgm, where you can get a one thousand dollars risk free first bet by using the promo code leading off. So just go do it. Go do it, Kings, go do it. Queen's don't be afraid. You can put on that tiara. You can make some money today. Leading off is a promo code and you guys.
Speaker 1: Can make some bets. I made some bets this weekend. I even had a nice little two strikeout pitcher prop.
Speaker 2: This weekend, and then I did some football ones and I use BETMGM. I will tell you this, the one thing I've noticed when I use different books, bet MGM seems to be one of the best with giving you free plays. They are free play monsters with if you bet on some stuff, then all of a sudden, you got a ten, a twenty, a forty dollars free bet in there, So if you like to play that, go and check them out bet MGM on the app or you can get them online.
Speaker 1: So some props today, I've got Andrew. I'm going to out four for you and you let me know what you did. You guys know the drill.
Speaker 2: I got you the top prop total base and the top strikeout and then I give you the plus money one and see what you like. The top total base for the day is Rodolfo Castro, who you need one total base from. It's on bet mgm and it's minus one ninety.
Speaker 1: So Pittsburgh's at Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: All you need is a single hit and that is their top hit and top bet on the algorithm for betting pros. The plus money play is Aristides Achino, which it's one and a half total bases, but it's paying you one fifteen plus one fifteen in the same game, So two bad pitchers. The expectation is there's going to be some runs on the pitching side. The top strikeout play is Connor Pin.
Speaker 1: Is it Pinking ten?
Speaker 2: Who is three and a half strikeouts projected to v five on DK. This is minus one sixty five on DK, and then the plus money plays read debt Meers, who's going up against Cleveland four and a half strikeouts are projecting just barely over it.
Speaker 1: It's plus one of five.
Speaker 2: So you've got Pinkington, You've got Debtmer's on the strikeouts, A Kino and Castro. These are not It is not a big name prop generating thing today. Andrew, are any of those for your liking?
Speaker 4: Oh, it's tough.
Speaker 3: I mean the Dettmer's one like feels like it should be pretty doable. That the problem is that the Guardians really don't strike out a lot, so.
Speaker 2: And Detmers can also get very not strikeout. Ye, I actually don't particularly like that one.
Speaker 3: I don't Yeah, yeah, I might go with Pilkington honestly, just on the other side of that game. You know, the Angels seem to outside of Mike Trout and Otani seem to have kind of given up on the year. And it's such a low number three point five strikeouts, so I think if he can just get five innings, he can probably do that.
Speaker 2: It's just one of those things I just couldn't say his name Pilkington. Also, I had my text type way too tiny. I need to bring that up. You see how tiny that is. That's a seven and a half.
Speaker 1: Who does that?
Speaker 2: I need to put this up to ten and a half. That's I'm doing crazy stuff. I even read the name. The one I would take a look at. I don't see it listed on here is Spencer Strider. I don't even see it on the list. I'm always a Spencer Strider over. If the numbers eight and a half, I'm comfortable with it. If it's nine and a half, I probably don't want to play with it. But Stryder's on something and him and his teammate Michael Harris, they are vying for the Rookie of the Year, so I don't expect any slowdown. So if you don't want to play any of these algorithmy plays of like, here's the top one they generator, here's the plus money, just go to the old try and true and go with Spencer Strider and you feel you feel a lot better about yourself.
Speaker 1: Trust me.
Speaker 4: Over.
Speaker 2: On the DFS side, Fan Duels Striider is ten to four. Bassett is even ten and probably the play of the day, probably the biggest chalkiest play is going to be Framber Valdez, who's eleven. I don't have a lot of pivot plays. I don't see a whole lot of pivot plays on pitching, so I think Framber is going to be highly owned. Chris Bassett might be the best pivot off of those guys, even though I love Streider as a play for your implied runs, I believe La is the only one implied over five runs, but your top one are Mets, Cincinnati, and Toronto. So I think, as if you're getting like a gist here is maybe go and take a look at that Pittsburgh Cincinnati game, which has got awful pitching. Bryce Wilson is in there, and stack some of those guys, maybe a jack for maybe a freely you can put in there. Just stack a couple of those players, because there should be a whole lot of offense, and Cincinnati is on those implied totals. And friend, does that take us to the home run calls? We're gonna get it. We're gonna see what the leaderboard looks like. Andrew, what do you think who you got on your home run call for today? We don't have a full slate of games, but we got some hitters to choose from.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna go with Jose Altuve. He's got really nice career numbers again, Seiguardo Rodriguez, He's been hitting pretty well recently as well, and most importantly, I have him on my fantasy team. So I am putting some good karma out there into the world for Jose Altuve to put one over the fence for me.
Speaker 2: Very impressive numbers too. When you break down second base, you break down overall second If you don't look at Yahoo eligibility, Yeah, who's eligibility is like silly nonsense. Sometimes they still have BOOKI that's listed there. You've got Trey Turner still listed there. So if you go into real world stuff, pretty easy argument that al Tuve becomes the number one second basement again in Fantasy Baseball ed then is a definitely question. With the stolen bases, you can make the argument Ozzy Albi's has missed a lot of times, but you know you're looking at redraft stuff for next year. Al Tuve has just done his stuff again.
Speaker 1: And that's a good one.
Speaker 2: I believe you've also got may Or going in the same game. He's going with Bregman, Wonky is going with TJ. Friedel and I'm gonna go with Vladimir Guerrero junior bad pitching, give me Vladdie Daddy.
Speaker 1: For the home run and friends. That is it. That is what we've got for you.
Speaker 2: So make sure you lock in tomorrow because like I said, we'll probably take some fantasy questions as far as start and sit in whatever you've got, and I'll give a designated space for it, so you guys can all know that and we can get you guys set for the playoffs because it is grind time, baby, whether it's rot or head to head. Andrew, what do you got going on on the baseball front? I know you just released the pickups article, I believe on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Anything else going down?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know that's the main thing.
Speaker 3: Just doing that waiver Wire article each week over at Fantasy Pros, and I can continue to do my rest of season rankings podcast. We're talking a lot of football there at the moment, but we'll try to get another baseball pod in here soon before the end of the year.
Speaker 4: And you can follow me on.
Speaker 3: Twitter at Andrew Underscore sifer ros Rankings dot Com is the website, boom go check it out.
Speaker 2: Follow me on Twitter at is it the Welsh. You guys know the drill and everything else. Until next time, friends, good look in your playoffs, win some stuff and come back and.
Speaker 1: Talk to us about who you should pick up. Right here, I'm leading off, Bye baddies,