Speaker 1: What do you have, Eddie?
Speaker 2: So I saw that Ringo Star is releasing a country album, and I know you've talked about like, oh, these people releasing country albums. Like what do you think about a former beatle, a British guy releasing a country album and botes even the album cover, he's wearing a cowboy hat.
Speaker 1: It's like a profile shot. Yeah, what do you think about it?
Speaker 2: I haven't heard it, but I think it's kind of silly for a rock legend to put on a cowboy hat. I mean, this is a rock star who, like Ringo Star, wears sunglasses, earrings. His whole image is around being a beatle and being a rock star, and then come into country music for what reason, just because he wants to change the sound for one album.
Speaker 1: Kind of weird. I don't have a problem with it one because he's old and he doesn't need the money. I think the problem And it's not even a problem because I don't. I just don't put enough thought into it to actually care. But when people come to country music because they can't make it in their own genre, that to me feels like you're using us as a landing pad because you couldn't land where you wanted to land. I don't think Ringo needs to ever do music again. I think he wants to do music again. I also think a lot of that Beatles stuff before they went into like the psychedelic era. I think that music, probably if it came out today, would have been country. A lot of their acoustic stuff. So I don't think it's a far stretch. And then if you like Ringo's gonna do music and you're just wondering, like what kind of music is he gonna do? Like what it almost even if they don't call it country, would have to be like Americana or country, because again, he's not gonna put a dance track behind something. He's gonna use instruments that you play with drums and a bass, four or five people. I just feel like that's the only place he could have made a record. Even when Paul McCarney did his latest pop record that was a country album, if he wanted to call it that, I don't have a problem with it because he doesn't need country music. And I think in the end that's where I get annoyed. I don't have to like it. I don't have to go that's for sure. Country nobody does because it's interpreted so many ways by so many people. The only people that I get irritate with one or people that use the format as a landing powder, people that have this is absolutely country and this isn't because they've been wrong so many times ever generations, like the gatekeepers, they've been wrong so many times. I saw more in the cowboy hat. I don't know. He's old. I gotta help get a big part of us because he's old.
Speaker 2: It feels like too that some of these artists and yeah, good point, right, like you're not a starving artist trying to make it.
Speaker 1: So you use it. He wants to. I think if you want to do it, I think it's different than you have to do it.
Speaker 2: He does, But it's also kind of it feels like he's using it as a playground, like, hey, let's go to Nashville and make us a country album.
Speaker 1: It'll be fun.
Speaker 2: We'll make country western music, you know what I mean. And that kind of sting makes kind of the format feel silly, like now you're just gonna put on cowboy hat, You're gonna start talking about pickup trucks like, well, I don't again, I haven't heard the songs, but I feel like it's the song silly Playground, Go to Nashville.
Speaker 3: Is it change the fact that he's put out a country album before in the eighties.
Speaker 1: I think it's okay regardless, So I guess you'd be asking Eddie that question. He said he has put out a country record before, back in nineteen eighty.
Speaker 3: What was it called b A Cup of Blues?
Speaker 1: Well, you know the Beatles were always transparent. No, that's his question. He's put out a country record before. Does it change? Does it changed? Forty years ago he put out The County.
Speaker 3: Recorded it here in Nashville.
Speaker 2: I mean Bob Dylan, he did, but it wasn't Bob Dylan goes to Nashville and records.
Speaker 1: Really, But Bob Dylan did come to Nashville and record.
Speaker 2: And the album's Nashville skyline. It just feels like Bob was already a country folk singer. So it fits Ringo Starr.
Speaker 1: But I think Ringo's been a folk singer for twenty five thirty years at this point, that's all he's done. It felt unnatural. I saw it, and honestly, I just thought he's old. Who cares? Let all people do whatever they want, And I feel like if he was going to have to define a genre with any music he made, it would be a country record, because what other music is he going to make? Hip hop? Ringo does a rap record? I mean, I think, what if Paul McCartney came out said him, I really love the country genre and these are the people that really inspired my songwriting. I want to do a country record. How dold you know about that?
Speaker 2: Not fair, but I would I would feel better him doing it because he is known as a songwriter. Ringo played the drums, you know, like, yes, did he sing on a few songs? Did he write maybe one or two of the Beatles songs?
Speaker 1: Yes? Massive songs Octopus Garden? Did he right here?
Speaker 2: It comes to son, No, that's George Ringo really didn't write a lot, probably maybe two of the Beatles catalog.
Speaker 1: What if it's even one to even one makes a massive songwriter, maybe even one.
Speaker 2: But I don't think he wrote any of the big ones. But unfairly, if Paul McCartney said I want to do a country album, I'd be like, oh, I'd love.
Speaker 1: To hear it. Ringo star Beatles songs. Let's see which one's he's written he wrote, it's giving me unfairly every song he played the drums on. Yeah, that's not that's not right. Hold on the Beatles song, Okay, let's do Could you what the biggest ones?
Speaker 3: I see? Aren't that notable?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Number one is occurpus as a garden Like you guys said.
Speaker 1: I didn't Eddy knew that. I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: Don't pass me by, don't.
Speaker 1: Pass me by.
Speaker 3: That three is what goes on for is Maggie.
Speaker 1: May, Maggie May, Hold Maggie. I wonder if he wrote that for Rod Stewart.
Speaker 2: WHOA If that is true he wrote Maggie May the Rod Stewart song.
Speaker 3: I guess that's when he's credited because they all wrote it together.
Speaker 1: Yeah that counts. Dang, that's a big song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if he's if you know what else he did?
Speaker 1: Oh? I wonder if Act Naturally from like Help. I wonder if that's the song that Act Naturally. I wonder if that's the same song in the room I can play on my phone. Yeah, Beatles Act it's off the Help album? Is that what it said? Naturally?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: I don't know, you might, I don't know. This could be that song? Yeah, this is it? Oh? This ended up being a massive country song. It's country. This was this was a country song. I mean, yeah, okay, I mean then I didn't but I didn't know this. I mean, all you gotta.
Speaker 2: Do is ag naturally and it says there it's off the Help album. Yeah, so you're looking the sixties like he's been. I mean, that's Buck Owens. He's been in love with country music for a while. Then I guess, let hey, let the man make a country record.
Speaker 1: That's pretty cool. I didn't know that that he wrote act naturally. Wow. See, I guess I assume Buck Owens wrote it. However, I shouldn't assume that because nobod wrote anything right. The singers just saying them right for the most part a lot in this format more than others. That's good. Uh. I wonder if that is that ringo? What was the other one? Mike? He said, like, what's I'm wondering if we know these songs and the Beatles cut them, but then somebody else cut them as singles way later, like for example, Joe Cocker ended up cutting the Beatles song Sure, what would you do? How they wrote it though, is what would you do if I sang how did tune? But a lot of people don't know that was a Beatles song. It's the wonder your theme song and Ringo sang it. That's true, But write it? He didn't write. He didn't write that one. No.
Speaker 3: The second one was don't pass Me by, and that's that's not.
Speaker 1: Don't pass me bye? Okay, act naturally, uh now, and then there's got to be okay, So was he one of the writers I get back, get back now.
Speaker 2: I saw the documentary. He didn't do anything. Would sit back there. I mean, like really that. I love that doctor and what's it called?
Speaker 1: It's called I can only watch it and clips on TikTok oh Bones. You know. I try to watch Disney Plus it was too much. I couldn't watch it for the two hours. Really, I like to watch like three minutes of at a time. Oh dude, I have watched every minute.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They're like a real Beatles fan. I'm a I am moderate Beatles fan.
Speaker 3: He did not write on that. It was John and Paul.
Speaker 1: Okay. Well, yeah, man, you saw in the documentary he just sits back there. It was created in cooperation with Ringo star Yoko Ono and Olivia Harrison.
Speaker 2: Oh, and you know what, I do remember a part in that film where he's sitting back there and they're like, how about Jojo was a man from it?
Speaker 1: And then Ringo's like, hey, JoJo's a good name.
Speaker 2: So maybe he added like a line and they're like, Ringo will make these kind of a writer.
Speaker 1: What is Don't pass me by? There? Now that's in my head, dump bones, it's not doing. That's why I got to get out of my head. Don't pass me.
Speaker 3: By, Don't make me cry, don't make me blue.
Speaker 1: The Georgia Satellites ended up covering it, but let's hear the Beatles. You think they just gave them songs like ring fine, you put one on.
Speaker 2: Here, Yeah, for sure, just to be nice.
Speaker 1: Do you know this? No, never heard it.
Speaker 3: This was the first one he wrote by himself for the Beatles.
Speaker 1: That one was yep. Okay, Well, I'm okay with him. The country album, and I think you're a little more okay with it now after this conversation. I'm more okay with it. I have the top Southern rock songs of all time, which are basically now would just be country songs. I have the list. You want to say, how you can name out of the ten. Now I'm kind of confused. You said what you say about country. What if they were put out now, they'd probably be a big country country rockish. But these are the best southern rock songs. They're all old though, they're all seventies. They're all sixties seventies songs. Yeah, how many can you name? I would say we can. I can name about five. Sweet Home Alabama? Sweet Home Alabama comes in number three on the list. What's the one? Midnight Rider? Good one? Is it on? There? Yeah? Greg Allman sing a bit of that for the for the listeners, I love not gon let you go not going to the midnight Ride? Has a jam? God has a good one? What's the one? Bob Seger?
Speaker 2: Uh no, no, no.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you're thinking of. I can give you some secret songs, give me some old time rock and roll.
Speaker 2: Obviously, not that that's not the one I thought of. Night Moves, Night Moves, Night Moves.
Speaker 1: Not there. I don't know, okay. Also, he was from Detroit, I believe, really yeah, not that all these people have to be from certain places, but he was from Detroit.
Speaker 2: Bob Seger not on that list. Uh, what's the one that we like? Uh, man, I love this band.
Speaker 1: We do love like love some of these songs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's take a quick pause for a message from our sponsor, and we're back on the Bobby Cast.
Speaker 1: There are three more skinnered songs on here. Oh Skinner's Okay, okay, simple man, you have Sweet Home Alabama. You already got that one, simple man. I'm a simple kind of man. Sure, that's number ten. Okay, let's do Freebird. Yeah, number two. I'd have to cut that down though for country radio a little bit. Well back in the day it didn't matter. But yes, free Bird is a number two. Oh give me what give it? Close? You have it. It's the amount of steps that you're give me two steps, three steps, three steps, give me three steps, give me three steps and miss and you'll never see me no more. That's it. Yes, Because they do come of the bar and he's dancing with a girl and he's like, hold on, let me get out of here. That's all right. So those are four of the Leonard SKINNERDS songs. So you have a two free Bird, three Sweeteme Alabama, four Midnight Rider, Guy Minute Writer is so good. I put that above it. So farth the other ones, and then the other two skinnerds are at nine and ten. Give me three steps in simple Man, So you have five left? Are? Yeah? No more Skinners? Okay, I will give you ooh got. One of these songs is so good. It's the only one that I would put up there. I'd probably put it above Midnight Rider. What about the Joker? Oh, Steve Miller bands in in there? Didn't make it. Don't know if that's a southern rock song. Could be, I don't It didn't make the list, but I don't know that I would consider that southern rock. I also don't know where Steve Miller's from, don't know.
Speaker 2: I saw him play one time, though he I love it. He dresses like a well, I don't know how old he is. Seven year olds seven year old man Milwaukee got it and he dresses like a seven year old man.
Speaker 1: I love it. He's got like Kaki oh like he plays Oh yeah, oh that's cool. He's got reading glasses on. We like that. We like go to their true selves. It's awesome. Okay, what about I can give you a little bit of the songs. Okay, this one, I don't think you're going to get because I think this is the one I would not get.
Speaker 2: Oh, I got a guess real quick for you to give it to me. I give not to Monkey Dixie Land, pretty Mama, won't you take me by the hand?
Speaker 3: Hand?
Speaker 1: Hand? Hand, hand, pretty mama? So do you know who it is? Yeah? Yeah, you can do it. H Michael McDonald's in the band, Good good, good, gosh. I can't get Reo Speedwag. I get out of my head. It's a different era. It's the Oh, it's the boys, It's the Doobie Brothers. Correct, not on the list. They have a bunch of cool songs though, like China Grove that one you were singing. The Brothers are pretty awesome, but they did make the list. Okay, good my not my list though, Okay, this is I'm gonna play you that. I would not have gotten this one. You'll recognize it. But in a million year you could. You might have gotten of it from my phone. It's all you get so far. Mm hmmmm hmmm. I wouldn't have even gotten who sang it? Is it Billy Joel New Yorker Dan.
Speaker 2: That sounds cool though, whatever it is, Okay, that's that's uh yeah, Well Garth. Garth covered it. Hold on, can you stop playing for a second?
Speaker 1: Oh no, oh gosh.
Speaker 2: Man Garth put in one of his albums, Memphis Queen, something about Memphis Queen Dixie Chicken and I'll bet my.
Speaker 1: Tennessee Lamb Dixie Chicken by Little Feet. I wouldn't have gotten that one in a million years. Yeah, Garth did cover. I don't know if he did that in a live show or an album. I don't remember. That's why I gave you that one, because you didn't know better than I did, but mostly because it was a Garth cover. That's the only reason I know that song. Let me give you that this is their list, not my number one, but I can give you a little bit of the number one song on their list. I'm the band is so good. The band is so good. This is number one on their list. Yeah. Yeah, it starts with a bassline. This is not my favorite song from this band, but it's not my number one, but it's there. I'm gonna play a little more of it. Pacific Queen. No, it's a good guess though, But I mean, just that song should be on here. I mean, I've heard this song my fast forward. Yeah, why do you think you've heard of that song? I don't know, and we've played it on the golf course. It probably comes up on some of our playlists. I don't know it.
Speaker 2: I'm drawing a blank, and that's sad it's number one. I don't even know this song.
Speaker 1: I do think that you'll know the song. I'm probably a little more of it. I'm just standing. I know it's weird to number one to me too. I think they put this number one to be a little controversial. No, it's all my brothers Whipping Post, so I like the Alm Brothers a lot. That song I would not have picked. I don't know. That's not my favorite all my brother's top five songs? Did we did? We already mention one all my brothers song? No, yeah, we haven't mentioned it. But but like all my brothers for example, I don't want to say too many. Well, okay, I'll give you. Do you know any how many? Can your name? I don't know who sings who on the southern rock stuff. That's a good point. I just I know the song. It does blend together, and we weren't born then, so you had to really focus on it. Arkansas Keith would make me memorize all the songs. Five. Yeah, that's why I know a bunch about southern rock now because I was just genuinely drawn to it. He would just cool nine if I would come want to be like you know that one, and I wanted to like have someone to talk about with them.
Speaker 2: So I memorize every song. I love that because that's what I do with my kids. And my mom did that with me. Like, that's awesome that you had him to do that with because I think that's a well, not every dad, but I feel like that is a parent thing.
Speaker 1: So all my brothers have a bunch of songs. Do you know, Melissa, do do do?
Speaker 4: Do?
Speaker 1: Heard it? My? They have two? Okay, I'll do this one. My favorite song on here is not an all brother song, but you should know this one. It did make the list you ready, m Yes, of course. Let it start out here rambling man. Yeah, but I was born rambling made.
Speaker 3: Trying to make a living and do it the best.
Speaker 1: Who is that? That's the own brothers, brothers.
Speaker 2: Help you honesting, I was born rambling many.
Speaker 1: That's so good. That's a number five that should be covered today. It's it's a good I mean it probably is. That's like Marcus King or somebody's probably doing. Okay, so here's what we have. There's two left. I'm gonna give you a big hint on six. And I think the number eight songs should should have been the number one song. Okay, but I go to the number six song. It's a Texas band. Okay, Little Texas is easy top exactly. Now, which which one the lagrange? Do you think that's their best song?
Speaker 2: No, I'm just asking. They have so many songs like Lagraine, like Legs.
Speaker 1: One of the first songs I'm not playing guitars because you could play that little easy yeah, and then Texas, and then they got a lot of Okay, so there's one that's so good. There's one by the way. Yeah. Their style though, to me, went from southern rock to like what was pop? Then? Was that rock sound they did She's got less, she knows.
Speaker 2: How to use like that synth, guitar, like that sound, and ever got crazy about a shop dress.
Speaker 1: See that felt like a shift a bit because they were just so freaking famous. They were like, let's do what we do and just pop it up a little bit. And they did add the synth money for nothing and my Chicks for Free different? Is that nothing? No, that's uh, that ain't working that that's uh Mark, the way you do it, Mark Kneffler. I'll check that in a second. But you're right, they had had that sound. Is this a little more southern? That's definitely seven. This is a little more. I think I had more to do within the decade. There's Direstraates, not Markopfler's have Direstraates. And Mark Knopfler might have been a dire Straits. I don't know how that's all coming together. Yeah, I can do it. That's good.
Speaker 3: Much Lead me downtown.
Speaker 5: I look.
Speaker 3: And he was in the dire Straits.
Speaker 1: So it was dire Straits and Mark Knopfler. Correct, job, dude, dude, straight, just muscle memory. It's in there somewhere in there. I do not know why. I know that. That's so cool. Okay, last one, Yeah, the last one I think is the best. I'll give you a Hann's. I want to see like Mark Knopfler, he's the singer for dire Straits, right, Yeah, but he did some stuff by himself too. I think he was like a composer. No, he had he had to hit trust me, trust me, No, but I feel like I read something where he was like, spell his dang name spell Martinoffler A n oh, yeah yeah. Does he have any solo hits? Eli, I'm looking at it right now, Mark Knopfler greatest hits, dude, dire Streets are so good.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think I ever listened to him enough to note what it is is his biggest song? Was he the original dad? Or was he the dad of of Stephen Tyler's daughter? But then turns out this is another one? Maybe think maybe think of a different Mark. We look up liv Tyler's original dad before she found out it was Stephen Tyler, it could have been a different Mark. I mean this for sure has been googled because she was at that was her dad the original It's not Martinopfler, it's a different Mark. Todddron gardis Yeah, Todd ron Gran So she thought Todd was until she saw Stephen Tyler perform once she was like, that looks like me, and they had they honestly had to tell her. Wow, Yeah, that's a crazy story. Okaylet's get a number one. M hmm, come on, give me a good what do you think I just before I have what's the greatest classic I'm just gonna say classic rock, what's the greatest classic rock song of all time? Because this isn't like top three to me so much. Oh and it's not a band that would be a top five band. Classic rock, dude, I mean it's classic rock and it's awesome classic rock you could possibly get.
Speaker 2: I give you, I give you a little please give me something led Zeppelin, I gave you just this is a little inty inty.
Speaker 1: Okay, gosh, I can't now I hear led Zeppelin going to California. If I give you, Oh, I give you any more that you're gonna get it?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, give me one more, come on, give me one more note.
Speaker 1: We for sure sing this song all the time. We do all the time, all the time. I want you, that's not it. Same type of situation that like on the golf course. We'll sing this on a bunch, but we win that train. Yeah right, dun.
Speaker 2: Gosh, we're so close play against see I'll here's midnight writer. Now gosh, we were just singing it the other day.
Speaker 1: We sang it.
Speaker 2: I think the whole round. What on earth dude, I can't get it.
Speaker 1: Come on, you sing me, sing me a note, nomin it any more than that, it gives it away. I don't know it. No, no, no, no, no, oh station. Can't you see? Can't you see what that woman she's been doing to me? Oh? Jam it's the jammiest of jams ever. Should be number one? I thought so too. And why did you did you start singing this the other day? Because you were like this, I can never see my golfall No, like if I find my golf, see it, I'm like, can't you see? Can't you see? That's so funny? That song is so good? Got they got a flute in there? Oh dude? Who put a flute? Freaking classic? Come on, gutsy, who's the band that played the flute? Though? There's a band? Uh dun dun dun dunt dun du. Then they play the flute in there, deep purple?
Speaker 2: Uh citano je jela flute?
Speaker 1: Really, Mike, you go go jeffro Jela flute. I know lives over plays flute. Yeah, she doesn't play flute. I think jeth throw told my play flute.
Speaker 2: I mean, what's cool is like a lot of these bands artists like musicians.
Speaker 1: They played march. They were in the Marching band. Mikey.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that first picture you pull up is him with the flute wail.
Speaker 1: That's funny. Give you one more deal here, and I'll ask you if you remember this. These are the famous albums banned by Walmart. Do you remember any albums banned by Walmart? It used to be a thing back in the day, and it actually helped these bands. Uh. Number ten was from Arctic Monkeys and it was because of the title. I'll give you the title the record, and this is a more recent one, but the album title is called suck It. And see you know the band, but I don't know if I would know this album. You want to guess who had suck it? And see that's not Arctic Monkeys. Oh did I say that? Yeah? You say it was. Oh dang, I run that one. Yeah you did, dang.
Speaker 2: But to focused on sucking and see if that's crazy too, because like you know what they're saying, but it's still clean enough for you.
Speaker 1: To suck it and see I'm the title at Walmart though on the front. Okay, here's this one. The inside of this album included to male and female nudity, a cow licking itself, members of the bands with pins in their heads. There was a sensored version, but it included a form you could fill out to receive the missing artwork for free. Is that Aerosmith? No? Because they have the nipples from the utter? Yeah. The album title is undertow can in the artist. Oh, that's tool? Good job? Were you a tool guy? Undertoe? Wow? I like that. I liked a few of their songs. I'm impressed. Good job, before you go keep going on? Is the Black Crows album on this one? No? Okay, do you remember that album cover? No, I don't know which one.
Speaker 2: It was a bikini bottom, but a lot.
Speaker 1: Was shown from the oh, like, oh, the top of the top of the bush. Yeah, I remember that. I remember that. I don't even call it bush, but it seemed like that was the era of the bush. I remember that's what they would say like that. Yeah. I remember going to the music, which was like a weird worst gross. I don't know like that?
Speaker 4: Is this picture the Bobby Cast will be right back? This is the Bobby Cast next. Walmart objected to the pot leaves on this cover. They made an alternate version. The album is called Countryman. Can name the artist.
Speaker 2: Country man, it's gonna say snoop or chronic. Yeah, chronic countryman, though nut you do. The album was called Countryman. Oh, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson.
Speaker 1: Of course Willie in this album and in this album's art. Poop bombs, monkeys throwing feces, an atomic mushroom cloud, an angel with a harp, watching it all, Dookie correct, Green Day, Dookie, Great Job.
Speaker 2: I never saw anything bad about this album cover Great Job, Like I really you have to really look into to see that it's poop falling from the sky.
Speaker 1: Them banning that helped that record so much. Yeah, because they're like, oh it's bad, maybe we should see what's up. I love Dookie so much. I loved Green Day. Everybody, if you mean, if you're our age that that record came out. It was the first like punk that was awesome. Mainstreaming flight on the radio, it was awesome. It was crazy because you're a dude, you have that time. It was like amazing.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I got to see him performing and then it's an entirety album that was awesome.
Speaker 1: Did they end the hidden track? Yeah? Did they end with the hidden track? I was alone. I was by myself. I was all by myself.
Speaker 3: I didn't the dden track.
Speaker 1: No one was watching. I guess I was thinking of you hidden tracks back in the day. You guysn't even know it would be a seven minutes to be like wow, don't even like halfway hold down the foreward just to skip it there.
Speaker 2: And now if you stream it, they still have the hidden track where you gotta wait and no one's waiting.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's still like far on.
Speaker 2: It's a last sound track, you know, your last song in that album, like say like Pearl Jam ten after release the song which is the last track.
Speaker 1: If you wait, you hear the it was like an eleven minute track. Yes, that's stupid. They just make it a fun you know, you're't hiding anything from anybody, know. Okay, this one wasn't really about the band or the name of the record, but one of the songs, and I know the song, well, it was smack Mountain. Uh Smack Mountain?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Is the B word might be smack? Yeah? You remember the song M Done done smack that m You know you remember smacking my jumping day weeks less to all time. Parents wouldn't let me listen to that kind of music. Well, I didn't have parents and they didn't give a crap and I didn't and it wasn't a Prodigy guy at all. Oh Prodigy, but the Prodigy have like a big fight with the Beastie Boys or something, and I was like, I hate Prodigy and then uh, then I was like, oh, THO song is not bad though? Yeah? Yeah, uh smack my mike, you know that song? Huh?
Speaker 3: I know that one.
Speaker 1: It's like the is this the only one I know from them?
Speaker 3: Something that I can see?
Speaker 2: Was he Prodigy or the band Prodigy? I remember the guy with the pink hair.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it was one person or dude, because I just remember it being Prodigy. Smack my jubb smack my job, yeah, Prodigy. I never I never was into dance or anything dancy. Unless it was a real good song, then I was. But I'd be like, I don't like dance. I'd like musicals. I hate musicals, but I love music. Did you you know what I know? Breed from Prodigy? I know this. Do you know this? Idun familiar? Yeah, Breed smack my breathe up. That's the bea.
Speaker 2: Let's see what it says. How you go damn, I've definitely this one. I used that for like some like high school videos. How about this one? Can't just see checking checking to make sure what were we gonna say?
Speaker 1: I was listening.
Speaker 2: I don't know why it popped up, but I was listening to fab Boy Slim the other day talk about like I don't never listen to DJ music.
Speaker 1: I praise you also, Fat Boy Slim had, Oh it's good. The big one is Oh my gosh, there's there's like three.
Speaker 2: That's the big one though. I think that's their big his biggest saw. But even the Rockefeller. No, you're right then, brother, check it out now, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: The Funks so I don't praise you is number one more string, but I still think that Rockefeller skank to me feels like the biggest. But praise praise you.
Speaker 2: What's the number three? Because that was a jam too. It popped up too.
Speaker 1: But he has new stuff too held out. That's pretty cool. Oh I do know this one though, Yeah, yeah, it's newer or later in his career. Still probably fifte years old, twenty for sure for sure. Let's see, praisey is good weapon of choice on that. We did that one wonderful, wonderful that he has another one though that I feel like we should know what is it? As soon as you plague me, Like, yep, unless I'm getting that mixed up with another uh dance guy that I no he had like when they put out new stuff though, it like overrides the hits in their streams pray. I feel like he had another slow one though they had the actor in it that's from New York. It's like walking in Phoenix. I no, uh, Christopher Walking, Yeah, unless I'm mixing him up. I think that was praise you the music video where he's like walking, what's his name? Christopher Walkin? Yeah? Yeah? Uh fat boy Slim. I want to find that Christopher Walking.
Speaker 3: Weapon of choice?
Speaker 2: That was that?
Speaker 3: The music video?
Speaker 1: Oh with Christopher Walking? How does that one go? Oh? Right here right now, right here, right now? You remember that one? Uh? Okay? Is that that one?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: That's right here right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right here right now?
Speaker 4: What other.
Speaker 3: Their other highest charting was, yeah, right here right now?
Speaker 1: But who else am I thinking of? That does like music like this? Mobe? That's who it is. I'm thinking of. Mobi. Does the same person to me? Did we ever know what he looked like fat boy slim. I know what Mobe looks like. I thought it's fat boys. I feel like he looks just like Mobi.
Speaker 6: Dang.
Speaker 1: I sure thought that was a movie of this one right, I don't know, not yet. He just says right here, right now that I'm mat By the way, if you want to the audience from my phone, far away from microphone, because you can't play music. Oh yeah, look here's a picture. I don't know this right here right now. Oh yeah, typical British guy, shaved head. I don't think so. Yeah, that's that took me back. Moby was jammed though. Moby was good, but only for like two songs. Then it got weird like then it got weird like, oh loaded, trouble so hot? What is that one? Natural blues? Oh troubles And this is a sample, Oh lord, trouble so hot. Nobody know my troubles, but god, don't nobody know my troubles. But bring the beat in. That's cool.
Speaker 2: And then por one, Yeah, yeah, yeah, this is a gym.
Speaker 1: Yeah geez dang. And then there was another one though that I'm thinking of Mobi that I it's not in this top five that I think we'll know me put some of those on my place. This is mobi, I wonder woke, not googling it. What are Moby's biggest I mean not going into the like iHeart or Spotify, Like, what are Moby's biggest songs? Just on the internet, because I feel like there's one I'm not finding that's in.
Speaker 6: My head, like charted or just like streaming charted, I guess maybe even charted as highest charting was Move in ninety three was a number one.
Speaker 1: Move Huh, it's called move. There's flower. I don't I don't even see move on this on his list of songs. I don't know. Movie wasn't it wasn't awesome. But when he did have awesome songs, they were awesome with them. It's fair. Did we ride a cab where someone said they took Moby No, they read Moby Dick. That's it. That's it. Let's try this, my bad. This is move. Oh that's like run with music. It sounds like late.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like we're on hold.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Oh, south Side is the one I'm thinking of here. And then Gwen Stefani ended up doing it with him too, I think did him and Gwyn do south Side together later that sounds I remember the music video I made the vos here we are now going on the south.
Speaker 3: Side, Yeah, south side.
Speaker 1: So this is without Gwen, but he did one with Gwen, right yep. Oh and then this one too, but body rock y'all to the beach y'all, the body rock y'all.
Speaker 2: Dang okay as jam all right, anyway, let's finish this lesson we go.
Speaker 1: Number five on the Walmart list is the Real Words? But g d Evil? Do you have that album? G d Evil?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Godsmack Striper And you know what's interesting about Stripper? A Christian band. Christian band, they're Christian metal and it's anti evil. But Walmart objected to it the message they were sending. So this one. There's a song on the album that had a line about kids killing each other with guns they bought at Walmart, and the artists refused to change the lyric, therefore lost a bunch of album selves. But she refused to change the lyric because this had happened. Oh apparently, what year? What give me like a nineties? I love her? You love this artists? Name of the song, then, the name of the song is love is a good thing. Love is a good thing. I know that song. Sharyl Crow. The album was Sheryl Crow. It's second her second album Maybe was a song love is a good Thing. Okay, I wasn't a sing Gold or anything. Next up, the album is called Mister Happy Go Lucky. The original cover had Jesus and the Devil on it, Mister Happy Go Lucky, Let's go Ozzie John Mellencamp warm This one's easy. I'm not gonna read you either of the band or the title, but the back cover included fetuses. Do you already know it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Nirvana in utero and the song rape Me and then very controversial mm hmm, that whole thing.
Speaker 1: Nirvana made changes to get it on the shelves because the NEUTERROI didn't sell as good as the other. Probably the label did. They were like, I mean I like that one. I did too, but probably because I loved never Mind so much. They have a heart heart shaped box in it two and is that I think so?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yes?
Speaker 1: And in Holy and number one is Nirvana never Mind just because of the baby baby have you seen the video? But the Walmart gave in on that one though, because there it's like it's a baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it's strange, strange that they decided, like, you know, what.
Speaker 1: The penis do that I know, but easily taking the penis off. Have you seen the guy recreate it? And he sued and then lost? Oh he sued. I believe so because like I'm sure somebody got paid, right, Yeah, I don't know, and I lost him. Uh. Nirvana's never mind number one and that whole article the basis that's from all to Metclassic rock dot com. All right, good deal, good stuff, man, Thank you very much. You bleeding yeah, room is so hot, bleeding call number one, Mic and let's let's turn this off. Thanks for listening to a Bobby Cast production.