Speaker 1: Okay, we just need to apologize right now for taking over your TikTok for you page. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sorry, sorry, my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all the old ones are going viral, but the new ones are so much better.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm so glad you found them.
Speaker 1: Follow like whatever you're supposed to do on these podcasts and just sit back and listen.
Speaker 2: Second, this is embarrassing. I just discovered I actually had no idea what the bases were. You know, like when you go out on a date and you end up getting to first base with this person. Yeah, I always thought that involved a lot more than the Internet says, because they say first base is just kissing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's all it is.
Speaker 2: Kissing is an intentional walk in my playbook. But maybe I need to put my bases up on my Instagram at it's Young Jeffrey Kiss. Oh but you know if reverse Cowgirl is between first and second, it's not. You're gonna want to hear what third base is. Please check it on my install It's Young Joe Down.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I only bring it up because one of our listeners, Brett, emailed us saying he got to second base before the date even really started. Are you twelve, Brett?
Speaker 1: How are we talking in these terms?
Speaker 2: That'd be a good team mascot. By the way, go cowgirl, welcome to the show man.
Speaker 4: I'm really curious now what the other bases are.
Speaker 2: I'll have you over for a party soon and we can go over and tell us about the girl that you want us to call today. What's her name?
Speaker 4: Our name is Rachel?
Speaker 2: Rachel, all right, Rachel.
Speaker 3: So I met her online and I always like a girl who has like a really nice sense of humor. And so she had a picture of her with these two dogs on each side of her, and it's like, do we look like family? Like?
Speaker 4: That was one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And she had a costume to where she was like Mario, and I liked that she was a little different, like it was her and her friend Mario Luigi.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she sounds fun.
Speaker 2: Fun did you end up doing for your date?
Speaker 3: So we spoke a little bit, you know, obviously over online for a bit, and then I found out that she never been to a hockey game, and I'm a big hockey fan.
Speaker 1: Oh And the great thing about hockey is that you don't have to like even know the game to have a great time at a hockey game. They're high energy, they're exactly And I.
Speaker 3: Made sure to get tickets like really close to the.
Speaker 4: Glass so you can like bang on the glass, maybe a.
Speaker 5: Puff would come our way.
Speaker 2: Good seeds within blood spatter range.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because that's how I got into hockey. Like when you were at a live game, it's totally different than watching on TV. TV little boring, agree, but in person amazing.
Speaker 2: What did Rachel think of her first hockey game?
Speaker 4: She loved it. Actually, uh okay.
Speaker 3: But you know, we pre gamed a little bit before the game, so went to my apartment, had.
Speaker 4: A good time.
Speaker 3: It got a little hot before, like we had a couple of drinks and then ended up making out for a bit. Games started.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little reverse cowgirl to start the.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I don't even know what base that is anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're just making out. That's exciting. Yeah, you guys have like instant chemistry one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: It was really great.
Speaker 3: I mean I had to stop and I was like, wait, hold on, we're going through quick, let's.
Speaker 4: Go to the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Sometimes that's like should we even go?
Speaker 2: That's about the tickets?
Speaker 4: Yeah, half and half?
Speaker 3: You know, I was like I definitely want to stay, but it was also my home team, you know, big games. I wanted to make sure, like, hey, let's enjoy this. We always come back, like I think there's a good thing about mixing up energy, you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah for sure. So did you guys go back? Is that too quick to jump to that part? Now I'm curious.
Speaker 3: Well, no, so we could probably get there, because that's where I have some questions why I'm calling Okay, so you know, at the game, obviously we had beers pretzels, Like I thought a really good moment if she had like some melted cheese on the side of her face and I was like, hey, so I reached over, pulled off my finger and I ate it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love in any form, but that is not hot. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It may have been cute at the time, but the description just then didn't sit right.
Speaker 4: Look, she was smiling and we were laughing.
Speaker 2: At least grab a pretzel in white. I wish she was drunk. Okay, that doesn't sound too harmful.
Speaker 1: No, you guys are having fun. You have fun.
Speaker 2: That's all that matters.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, And and we got put on the kiss camp.
Speaker 1: Ye oh my god, you guys are just sending that energy out to everybody around.
Speaker 2: Good thing we practiced before.
Speaker 4: It was good. We had a good kids. The crowd was cheering. I mean, like the Knight's going pretty freaking great.
Speaker 2: It sounds really good.
Speaker 1: I wish I was at this game, seriously, So where did the bad stuff happen? Where the weird stuff happened?
Speaker 3: So the game was like near the end of the third period, we probably like two minutes left, and she was telling me, Hey, I'm getting kind of tired.
Speaker 4: I'd like to leave early.
Speaker 3: And I was telling her like, this is my team. It's still tied. I want to say for the end. It won't last much longer. But she was really adamant. And then she was like, well, I'm gonna head out.
Speaker 2: And I was like, okay, comes because they stopped selling beer in the third period.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I almost followed, but it went overtime.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh my god, so wait so she actually left?
Speaker 4: She did?
Speaker 5: She left?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, say she said, hit me up, I'm gonna go home. I'm really tired.
Speaker 2: Now, that's bro, that's a girl. Test girls will be like, sure, you make the decision. I don't care, but then they really care.
Speaker 1: Yea. Also, I wouldn't even leave a game though of nice seats like take advantages, and I don't think she was testing them. She was saying I'm leaving, like she wasn't saying are you coming with me? Like I don't know, I mean, what do you think.
Speaker 4: I'm wondering if it's where it is?
Speaker 3: I mean, look, I'm not into the whole testing thing when I first meet you because of the previous trauma. Sure, but I'm glad I stayed because the team freaking won was shootout, you know out.
Speaker 4: I was like, I'm good.
Speaker 2: Text her you missed out?
Speaker 3: Yeah right right, Well I hit her up and I was like, we won, we won, and she just has an answer to my text.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say so. She hasn't said anything since she left.
Speaker 4: That was the last time he talked to her. Yeah, that was it.
Speaker 1: Maybe she's secretly a fan of the other team.
Speaker 3: Hey, then it wouldn't have worked out anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna play a song, We're gonna come back. We'll call Rachel for you and try and get you your second date.
Speaker 4: Update all right, Brett, Yeah that sounds great.
Speaker 2: All right, hold on, man updates. We just got done talking to Brett about his first date the other night at a hockey game with a woman named Rachel, and there was a lot going on there. But we probably need to circle back to his email where he mentioned that before the game they had some drinks where he ended up getting to second base second which it reminds me of a sports chant that I do all the time. He got a piece of it. He got a piece of it. We need the r rest of it. Yeah, is that appropriate for the scenario?
Speaker 1: Not appropriate for life? Really, I would actually put that one in the back of the pocket and never bring it out again.
Speaker 2: I never take you to a hockey game.
Speaker 1: That's the wrong cheer for the wrong Yeah. By the way, there's a baseball chair.
Speaker 2: She's a bee. I kind of like, I'm not gonna spelling, but I think I know. Let's just talk to Brett. Brett, we're about to call Rachel here. Man, is there anything that we missed from your first date that we need to highlight?
Speaker 4: Nope, that's it.
Speaker 3: No, you made out.
Speaker 1: With her, you went to a hockey game, she left you didn't.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's a good point. That could be the main issue that she ended up leaving and Brett decided to stay to see how things played out with his home team.
Speaker 3: I could see, well, you chose a team over me, you know kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Either way, if Jeffrey makes any to baseball references and our phone call to her, we're not getting you a second date. I'm just gonna let you know.
Speaker 2: Probably yeah, I was gonna help you score a home run. But that's all right if you don't want you, all right, let's just know it.
Speaker 3: I'm very wrong.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying third base for you.
Speaker 3: It's probably fartherest than I think I was ready to go anyway, exactly.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, baby steps, we'll get there. Let's just dial her phone number and see what she has to say. All right, here we go. Hello, Hey, is this Rachel. Yeah, this is Rachel Rachel. My name is jeff from the morning show Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning on the radio. Okay, are you a hockey fan? By chance?
Speaker 5: I mean I do like sports.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're taking our hockey pool.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: Did I want tickets or something?
Speaker 2: Depending on how the rest of this call goes, Maybe because we heard that you went on a date recently with one of our listeners named Brett to a hockey.
Speaker 5: Game, oh okay, yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: See, okay, yeah yeah. What we're doing right now is called a second date update because after the hockey game, Brett's been having a hard time getting in touch with you, and he's not one hundred percent sure of the reason why.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know what to say. We went out to a hockey game and it was okay, it was all right.
Speaker 1: Wasn't it your first game ever? He said that, like, you had so much fun, is what he told us.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't say I had so much fun, but it was okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, he had so much fun, I guess, is.
Speaker 2: What I should say. Then, from what we heard, it was a really good game and a big night for everybody. I know that he did mention that you left early before it ended, and I understand that. I'm an old person at heart. I know you got to be. You don't want to get stuck.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's fine. I took an uber home. It's just the way that Brett acted. He just went a little overboard. Now, not a little, he.
Speaker 2: Went overboard with what you mean?
Speaker 5: Well, okay, So to give you an example, at one point he was trying to get everyone to do the wave, and it wasn't working. People just weren't having its fun.
Speaker 1: If you're with kids, maybe at a game, like my five year old loves it once, but he even got tired of it.
Speaker 5: But it wasn't just that. So when nobody did the wave, he stood up and he actually pointed at these three guys that were two miles down and he told them the man up.
Speaker 1: Who was he still talking about the wave or was he referring to something else that they needed a man up about?
Speaker 2: It was the wave.
Speaker 5: It was like it was so uncomfortable. He was yelling.
Speaker 1: I don't know, this sounds weird, but do you think he was like show voting, like kind of like weirdly trying to impress you.
Speaker 5: I don't know, because at one point he actually ripped his jersey off and he was running up and down the aisle and it was like it was so hard to watch. I was so embarrassed.
Speaker 2: You're saying he doesn't look good with his shirt off.
Speaker 5: That's not That's not what I said. It was crazy, like a crazy for.
Speaker 1: A huge.
Speaker 3: No matter.
Speaker 1: How is that why you left you embarrassed?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was a huge part of it. Before we went to the game, it was fine. I really liked his personality. I liked him as a person, but then that side of him, that sports fanatic, it was too much for me. It was a turn off.
Speaker 2: That's so embarrassing. That's not even on a date, it's even And maybe he didn't even realize that he was being that intense.
Speaker 1: I guess how could you not you with your shirt off running down the aisle.
Speaker 2: Well, let's let's ask him directly, because Rachel, I gotta tell you on the other line, we have a little surprise eyes for you. Give me a bee. No, give me an r.
Speaker 1: That's what we're telling Brett.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 1: Did you hear what she said?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rachel, that's Brett.
Speaker 4: I did. I mean, I didn't think it was that intense.
Speaker 3: You know, you go to a sporting event and that you let loose and you support the team, and uh, you're there to have a really good time. And I mean I didn't have any I didn't get any indications that it was too much for her, Like the kiss can't happened after I ran up and down the aisles.
Speaker 2: Well, you're kind of forced a kiss.
Speaker 3: No, No, you're not forced to kiss. No one forces adults to kiss like you do it, you don't.
Speaker 1: Rachel, are you still there? Did you hang up?
Speaker 5: I'm here. I just don't understand how he doesn't think that was overboard. That just help me that this really is his normal behavior when he goes to a sports games.
Speaker 4: Well, it's what I do.
Speaker 3: I don't do it when I'm like going around in my regular life like run around like a preach show. I just have fun when I'm at a game like you're. I'm there to enjoy my damn team and let and I think a lot of other people bred aside are in the same exact boat.
Speaker 2: Like when you're at the sports game, you're in sports mode. Well nothing else was doing the way of.
Speaker 1: Starting the way like you weren't just at the sports game, you were also on a first date like you. You can't separate those two things. If you can't act appropriately at a sports game, then maybe you shouldn't take a girl out on a first date.
Speaker 2: And he didn't do anything too over the line, like pain his face or something.
Speaker 5: When he ripped his shirt off, he had their logo.
Speaker 2: Okay, well that backfire. He thought it out and he knew he was going to.
Speaker 3: Playing Wait wait, wait, wait, hold on, hold on who says what the rules they're supposed to be.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm like, that's who I am.
Speaker 3: And if she didn't show me that she didn't like it, it was still exciting. So if she didn't like it, maybe I would.
Speaker 5: Have What do I say? It's the first date. It's not like we've been together for months and this is how you suddenly acted. It was the first date, Like you showed me your true colors and the amount of times that you who yelped, you suck at the other team. The others like your borderline of bully.
Speaker 4: It's a game.
Speaker 5: I could really hurt people feeling.
Speaker 3: I don't know about that.
Speaker 2: In a way.
Speaker 1: In a way, here's the thing. Why don't you just apologize for embarrassing her?
Speaker 3: No, I'm not going to apologize for making the other players feel bad.
Speaker 1: I meant to her for embarrassing her.
Speaker 3: No one looked up at tears the penalty box.
Speaker 4: These guys are missing teeth. You think they care about me?
Speaker 3: Say they're not no flakes here. Like I played sports, I didn't care what the fans said.
Speaker 1: Or the sports. It's about your date, Brett. That's what you're missing. That's what you're missing. You're trying to defend being a fan. Being a fans fine, but also treating somebody that you're with with respect.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, I can understand that. If I didn't have any indications, and I know now, I'll apologize.
Speaker 4: That, maybe it was too much for you.
Speaker 3: And if I would have known, I would have I would have traded my two.
Speaker 2: Okay, Rachel like, look at that. We've reached this middle ground, and now it's a good time to ask, would you too be willing to go out on one more date and we'll pay for it? Give me a why? Give me an ea? I missed the chance you're.
Speaker 5: Gonna I have one stipulation. I will give him another chance, but we are not going to a sports game.
Speaker 1: Oh fairy, that is the only way you're going to get hurt to like.
Speaker 2: You until you take him to the olive garden.
Speaker 1: He's like, give me.
Speaker 3: That stipulation is pretty tough because the only thing I had in my mind with sports. No, no, no, of course you can do anything else.
Speaker 4: I'm down.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a yes from Bread and a yes from Rachel.
Speaker 2: That successful second date update, guys, and we did it. We won the game.
Speaker 4: I'm looking forward to I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys, he got a piece of it.
Speaker 3: Hits us Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.