Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Mover's Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: Let's get to some stocks on the move on this Wednesday with This is Bloomberg News. Cross At reporter Isabelle Lee. Isabelle is in the studio. We've been talking a lot about retail with a good reason.
Speaker 3: Definitely good reason. So I'm talking about game Stop. Shares are actually falling almost ten percent. So that comes after it announced that it will purchase more than four thy seven hundred bitcoin. So this is the first bitcoin purchase after it announced plants in March. So of course this follows in the footsteps of Michael Saylor's strategy and game Shop just really joins the growing list of public companies putting bitcoin on its balance sheet. I think this is interesting because the accounting of bitcoin has been questionable, we're called them. Over the past quarters, we have seen an adjustment with how Strategy has accounted for their bitcoin gains or losses. So but we still see a growing list of companies adding to it. Definitely inspired by the stratosphy or gains that Strategy has seen.
Speaker 4: I just hear game Stop and I got to look.
Speaker 3: I know, it's like, what is the business you think of twenty twenty one when it was a meme? Stock or the empty stores when you walk by them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it's also a challenge for investors who want to hear from company executives about what the strategy is. And you know, they have these earnings calls that end up being not actual question and answer sessions. The press releases lack detail, but still we're talking about it.
Speaker 3: I feel like, once you do this, there's no turning back. You know. It feels like I'm not saying it will do any it will ruin a reputation, but it will do something to it.
Speaker 4: It's like, I think it's.
Speaker 1: Fair to say, right, investors look at it differently, right as they try to figure out kind of what it's, what it's going.
Speaker 4: But nonetheless, on the move today, where do you want to go next?
Speaker 3: I want to go to Abercrombie and Fitch see retail, Okay those could be I guess yes, Stock is searging doubles up by thirteen percent, So it's a good day for this doc. They surged the most inter day in over a year, although paired back some of those games, but still that's thirteen percent. So the retailer increase, it's full your outlook, and it just really suggests confidence in its ability to just navigate this really uncertain tariff landscape. So Abercrombie now is these fullier net sales growth of three or six percent, that's up from its March estimates, and if this includes approximately fifty million of tariff expenses, so that's good news for them. I actually have been liking Abercrombie and Fitch personally.
Speaker 4: Abercrombie or Hollister or Abercrombie.
Speaker 5: That's what I was going to ask, because is Mary Ross Gilbert has like are you looking at me?
Speaker 1: Some of their vintage doesn't look like two shirts crass shirts?
Speaker 4: Just ask you?
Speaker 5: Does like I buy any clothes?
Speaker 4: You do have a mode? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Show me all though with this top? Actually I think, is you what are wearing? Yes, they frevamped to office clothes, but.
Speaker 4: Abergom and Fitch still dad like forty one percent year to day, like we you know, it's it's it's a story. It's a story. Okay. Looked like my by club.
Speaker 3: The only vice gloves for his Pointson ivs, Yes, exactly, it's Joey and friends.
Speaker 4: We're all waiting for.
Speaker 3: Yes, this is It's not moving by much, up by just almost one percent, but I think it's really the talk of the day or the week. I mean, the company starout the early season, so it shares jump forty percent from the April low, and it reports just in over an hour after the market closes.
Speaker 4: It's the less of the big tech to do so.
Speaker 3: And it's kind of encouraging because Microsoft and Meta have showed outlook that were made mostly in tech. So I think investors are really hedging their bets because that, of course overall has fueled a tech rebound. We are seeing though, based on options, that a roughly six percent move is expected for in video and that's kind of low compared to the roughly eight percent average in the past, and that's according to options pricing.
Speaker 4: So I think this it's.
Speaker 3: Because before in video was the story, but now it's moved on. It's more tech or I meane inflation or recession fears, but not really in vidio anymore. You rarely see it driving Macro.
Speaker 2: The stockmovers report from Bloomberg Radio check back with us throughout the day. For the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street, and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.