Speaker 1: I'm a little duvall and this is Conversations with the Podcast. Today's guest is an actor, stand up comedian and your favorite shift leader. Let's welcome Nav Green Live and Direct. Can your ear box dripping wet? It's your boy, little Duval. That's that. That's that DJ Florida talk. See you know we Live and Direct. Got somebody new on the couch. He part of the well. I don't know if he parted because he's he never really claimed was, but he will claim haha, mafia and whoever else. He eight to five South, but he never showed love. The risk broke but it's cool.
Speaker 2: You know, man, he don't cant.
Speaker 1: But now that he going through ship in life, he want to come talk to me now, so I'm gonna let him come talking vent So without furthering the introduction, you might know him as the shift leader.
Speaker 3: Y'all give it up for Nav Green. What's up, my boy?
Speaker 2: I guess I'm a platform.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Ain't nobody in here, nobody, Man, you're a man with a lot of wisdom. I feel like people are supposed to talk to you. What's been going on with.
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 2: Right now? I'm in a good state though, Man, I don't know what.
Speaker 1: I said, what's going on? I didn't say what's saying in life? I'm just start now. No, No, I don't want you to be I really don't like hearing niggas vet because then that means they want me to find a solution and I don't really care.
Speaker 2: That ain't the option.
Speaker 1: No, I don't want to. I don't really be caring enough, but I have to act like I care. So I don't let so many people in my circle. But you want the people that's in the circle, you know. So, but tell me what's been going on with you?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: What's been going on in your life? And whatnot?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: Right now, everything going good? What's been going on in your life?
Speaker 3: What so?
Speaker 2: What's what's good going on in your life? Just like like life period? You know how like if you wake up and you not really like stressed about problems, you would have been stressed about like months previous.
Speaker 3: So you get money, that's you telling me, telling me you getting money.
Speaker 2: I'm getting a little money, right, I.
Speaker 1: Know you because you you can't. You won't even go on the road with me. No, not even that.
Speaker 2: It's just like like you know how like sometimes you been like wishing and want certain stuff out of life, and then then when you get to the point where you could do certain stuff, you don't even really want to do it.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's life because the things that you thought you would like when you get there, that's why you gotta find learn how to be happy with yourself.
Speaker 2: And it ain't even got like the money that you know what I'm saying. I'm talking like that. I just would want to go do a little track. I was like, I go this place when I get some money. Then when I got the money to do that show, I want to go that. What made you want to travel? Then? That that's what I thought. You said, No cuss as soon as I said, fuck, she's just speaking, say fucking say fucking the mic. But what was you saying? But nah, like you know, like places where you would see I guess, like you know, just seeing certain stuff Like man, when I get some money, I just would like take a break and travel. Then it's like why I'm taking a break from so you like working? Yeah, I would I like to travel while I work. So if I go somewhere, yeah, and I can stay an extray day on they dime?
Speaker 3: What make nav happy man.
Speaker 2: My kids though, it's like after all, like anytime I come off the road and like just doing a little small stuff with my kids.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: The other day I took my youngest daughter. We went to chuck e cheese and do ball. It's nothing. It's nothing in that we could have did that could have affected me.
Speaker 3: Yea nigga.
Speaker 2: She wanted some of the prizes that her tickets ain't even winning. Yea, Daddy'll buy that ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's feel good. The way you can take care like we were talking before, that's the goal.
Speaker 2: You like.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's just the fact that you can do stuff for people that you want to do stuffing right, and.
Speaker 2: You know they appreciate it.
Speaker 1: They only asked for us, like you said, Like you said, our parents moms, they don't even ask so much. But the little stuff they ask you won't be able to say, all right, fuck it. Yeah, yea, like little stuff like.
Speaker 2: I'm like, that's my MoMA, Like you need anything you like now, I just want to pay off their Mason's card.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Mason's cause she still got like.
Speaker 2: Hey, my mama came from the country, like it was a Mason's.
Speaker 3: Where she's from Georgia. South Georgia.
Speaker 2: Ya, South Georgia. What America's Georgia?
Speaker 1: What they're near all Bennies, Oh down there on the web by tell as, Yeah, close to that area like all that shit you have been down Did you grow up down there too?
Speaker 2: No? I used to go down there every summer. Like that's how my grandma, so like I feel like I would grow I used to love hanging around old people anyway, So.
Speaker 1: It used to be in Albany every summer to go check with your grandparents. Yeah, so like yeah, like that grandma and granddaddy.
Speaker 2: My grandma and granddad. So he passed. My granddaddy passed when I was I think in fourth grade. But my grandparents they were older, my mom the baby. So it's like I had grandparents who like already in their seventies when I was young.
Speaker 3: That's my grandparents was seventies. So I had three grandparents.
Speaker 2: So like little shit that I used to like like look forward to, like coming from the city, like when we would get go to the country. Nigga yard seals, Like niggas don't know about yard seals. Your grandmother in the whole week beens circling ship that she was gonna hit and say y'all wake up and go get some shit.
Speaker 1: Then nobody won't do you see how how that time instilled in you as an adult?
Speaker 2: Now? Yeah, for I think for the most part, like you know what, I will say, though people were happier, what they seemed happier about little stuff, they still are. Yeah. Like you know what I'm saying. We go around certain people when you feel like you gotta obtain more and like get this and get that. But then you, like bro, like it was so simple, like in the country, like going at my grandma house. It was so much the same.
Speaker 1: So simple things make you happiness, Nah, because you still need someone, I know that. Even so when you get them, what do you do for simplicity?
Speaker 3: For naw? Now I know you say your kids, But what do you do now.
Speaker 2: You know this?
Speaker 3: I do GiMA Okay, okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: So I always watch sports, but I can't watch sports without having some type of money on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, likes it better. Yeah, it makes it better. But other than that, I'm doing record like I don't.
Speaker 3: Be doing much, just chilling, just chilling, yeah, chilling, waiting on your time to shine, waiting.
Speaker 2: On the time to shine, because like Bro, since I was how long you been in the comedy game since I started? I had did Your Mama in high school, the MTV show in high school, but stand up comedy I started full time in twenty fourteen, So what's that about?
Speaker 3: Nine years? Nine years?
Speaker 1: So how much? How long was the direct duration from your Mama and stand up shit?
Speaker 2: Seven years? Seven years?
Speaker 3: Different?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I was. I was in eleventh grade, which you're scared. No, I thought I was gonna blow up being from your mother. I thought of you be, so you didn't have a couple of times you thought you're gonna be. But I'll be fucking with him all the time for your y'all to listen. I fuck with him all the time because he always tell me, Man, this next thing. Yeah, I'm telling you. I think that would keep me going though I always be feeling. But on some real ship, I thought somebody was gonna be watching the MTV Your Mama Show, like, oh, we gotta get him in the car. I want a couple of show. But that shit didn't happen like that.
Speaker 1: And that's everything, Like I told you, even off off the phone, I mean off this ship. It's like, you don't you want to hope for the best, but you don't want to put all your eggs and one and one basketball think like, man, this gonna I always told you this ain't gonna if one thing ain't gonna blow you up. It's your consistency of keep doing things back to back to back. And then once you do get to that level, everybody's gonna be talking about that. Oh shit, you gonna be like, Damn, I ain't think y'all gave a fuck about this ship. But that'd be the classic ship, just like your Shift Leader ship. People were raised off that ship. You get what I'm saying, Like, in your mind, you've been chasing I want to be that start to get that kind of money, but you you was molding the next generation to want to be what you is to be like, Man, you raised me to be the shift Leader. So you have to understand where you are to where you can capitalize off of it and be great at what you are.
Speaker 2: I think the thing that when you say the while I think we're coming to America about to come out, I was talking so much shit. I just knew.
Speaker 3: I knew it wasn't gonna do shit.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 1: For those y'all know, he was in coming America too, Like you probably ain't see it, and if you did see it, you probably ain't see his part.
Speaker 3: His boy, it's hard. He thought he was finna be the next Eddie Murphy. You thought he was finna be. He's like, boy, I am finished, shine man.
Speaker 2: It did, like but you know what that taught me though, on some real ship.
Speaker 3: Like hey, teacher ship, because you're still thinking like that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It did. Man, When when it first happened it came out, I was mad because you know, like I'm not understanding how the scenes get cut and stuff like that. I know what we shot and they cut a lot of stuff out. But bro, I was really the whole weekend after the movie came out, I was really down playing it, like I really like that nigga Lone lived Clay. Clay really got me back on that pedalestal where I got back though, talking that ship because he was like, you know how many people moved to LA and would give they give they all to do what you just did. But you know, Clay talked shit too, but he knew I needed to hear that at that time. Two weeks later he come back nigga, you had a suit on, thought you were edit much like so he knew at the time I needed, you know, because I got back moving as soon as he saw I was moving normal. You got let it talking.
Speaker 1: But that's what I'm saying, you looking for That meant she was looking for validation from from yourself, and so I said, you already got it.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So no matter what happen, it's just like I can get something tomorrow and I would love it. But my arrogance and cockiness of who I am.
Speaker 2: Already knew this.
Speaker 1: You see what I'm saying, So it don't really matter what this person say. It's like, you think you lost a lot of weight. I know you didn't lose weight. You know the confidence you got with what you're telling about you losing weight. That's some bullshit, but in your mind you think you did. So you need to apply that same confidence and bullshit and manifestation that y'all call lies, that y'all call lives, manifestation, manifestate that in your career you'd be like, I know I'm the shit, I know I'm popping. Even if you don't get this, nigga, even if this next show that y'all got dropping don't do shit. Oh, departments is on the way. Weh ain't talking about the apartment. Apartments is on the way. I'm executive producing it. The apartment is on the way.
Speaker 2: Apartment is on the way, and that's where Hey, I'm backed banking on that with I'm I'm back more.
Speaker 1: Than But if it don't do nothing for you, because what if it does something for next Nick? It might do something for our next though, and you're still sitting in your chilling with Drew Ski just like you know what.
Speaker 3: You gotta be cool with that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, for sure. And I think don't get down because I ain't gonna be like Claar. I'm gonna call you and laugh in your face.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know the difference, though, Low I'm gonna say this though, I ain't never been no like, no no hater in like competitor with niggas around me, though, I think that's what like, when niggas be doing that ship, i'd be like that shit weird.
Speaker 1: I've never been half neither. But that's a good thing. It works in your favor, like I don't. Sometimes it might it might not work in my favor. Because if I if I had thought I had competition, I work harder. But I don't feel like I don't feel like I have too much competition. I do get inspired by people, like when I see people under me that's doing their thing, and I mean not under me, but that's younger than me, that got in the game young and me came up that look up to you, somebody like you. I see you doing your thing and inspiring like, Okay, these niggas doing they ship, I can't. I gotta give up and do my ship. Or that's why I take people on the road with me. I got my openers are funny. The most headliners around the country, you know what I'm saying, So I take people around that to put people in there, to put that that heat in front of me, to make me want to do it.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You can't go up there and be bush. Yeah, I ain't gonna be bullsh but you know how it's like, I think what an era. I think that you that you probably came from. Niggas will take niggas who want fun on the road so they could just look like a.
Speaker 1: Beast, And I think that was It's weird to me, I like to I like, I like to have a show like I don't do it.
Speaker 2: I really do my ship for the people.
Speaker 1: That's why I still get nervous for our going on stair, because I really want them to be enjoyed, so it don't have to just be me. I want them to see a whole good show. So if I have people that go up in front of me, that's bullshit. That means that means they gonna stake up the room and make it ten times harder for me. Yeah to where I think some people get that the person in front of gonna be funnier than them. That's gonna make it well if you like me and and cocky enough to know, it ain't nobody funny than me to do what I do. So I don't give a fuck what you do in front of me. You see what I'm saying, And the only thing I want you to do is laugh.
Speaker 2: I don't see shows were like you know, people might be funnier than the person they came to see, but guess what, they still want to take a picture with the person they came to see.
Speaker 1: And I want to and the person If I got you on my show and you know this about me. If I came on my show, I want them to say that they funny. I want them to share, because that's why I put you on my show, to get you that attention, to get you that platform, the way you can be seen and go off and do.
Speaker 2: Your ship and that. So.
Speaker 3: So I don't want nobody on my show. They ain't funny. They ain't.
Speaker 2: It's I don't. I don't like not funny niggas, you know.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying. I seen that the people.
Speaker 1: If I don't put you on it because I don't want somebody is like, I don't put them on my show they think they ain't funny, you know what I'm saying. But at the same time, if I got them on the road with me, I know for a fact that they guaranteed funny, you know what I'm saying, And they gonna do their thing, and I hope they rip that bitch up so hard when I do, gotta work harder because it makes me so if that's competition, cool, but I've never seen nobody's competition.
Speaker 3: Like, man, they gonna take my spot?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I think you in a different lane though, anyway, because like outside of stand up comedy, you more like an entertainer, like with just I ain't gonna lie, Bro, I ain't think you could God damn drop nothing after a smile bit I ain't gonna hold everything. Yeah, then you can't. But it's like, Bro, that was like a hit, Like, how could you got there? Even get close to that?
Speaker 3: Again, you're trying to get close to that.
Speaker 2: That's something, but you were making music organically. Yeah, that was for the ecosystem. That was from God.
Speaker 1: That was God using me as a vessel to give out to the world to give them that energy that they needed at that time. It still did. So that's I was just a vessel and God used me as that vessel. So so everything I would be your food. To try to even try to match that, that's like trying to match Mariah kare trying to match all I Want for Chris her song Oh yeah, and you're gonna hear that every Christian. Yeah, you're gonna hear it for the rest of your life. While trying to match what's a big song we Are the World, You're never gonna match.
Speaker 2: Ship like that.
Speaker 1: Uh So, so I just look at that like that. So, but my music music is just it's just it's just who I am. Everything is just a reflection of who I am. For the music, the movies, the comedy, the outside like the social media, the family person, the friend everything. So it's just the evolution of who I am. I'm just good. I'm like, I'm like the the song every Woman, I'm every nigga.
Speaker 2: It's all in me. I'm glad you switched to give me a chance to finish my thought. So look, if you were doing a song, you just say I'm mayor woman. So look doing not what what you made me think of a point though, that you do music? Who which female artists right now? That you were like, oh man, me and her together do a song a rap hard yeah, yeah right now, Like I could see you, I can see you in But I'm talking.
Speaker 1: About Corella though, because Goreala she she she hood. But at the same time, she she got sense, she got she got a lot of I could see she.
Speaker 3: You could tell she was raised by grandparents, older people.
Speaker 2: Man, when you around them, older people, they instilled different morals and they're still the right ship into Yah.
Speaker 1: They're trying to get into heaven and you know.
Speaker 3: Trying to get in life around you.
Speaker 1: You know, when you got when you got parents that's in the twenties, they ain't gonna do nothing and steal money into you. And that's why you end up crazy older. When you get older parents that's established. Ain't worry about the money, neg established, stilled the good.
Speaker 2: Shipping because you know how like when the like families talk about old stuff that you to happen with their grandparents and stuff like that. Like nigga, my granddady when I was like growing up, all I seen him do is yard work, go to work, eat and lay down. Man, they talked about him like he was a big drunk when come home on the weekend. Like why would you tell his grandson and dad about him? Like shit?
Speaker 1: If I tell you having shit, we did do a bad job at molding the next generation. We could tell him because I don't even want talk about because my mom be getting in theough feelings.
Speaker 3: I gotta wait till a lot of people die before I start talking.
Speaker 2: About sh So you can't wait.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't rate Nazi.
Speaker 2: But my grandma she lived to be ninety five, she died this year.
Speaker 1: You know it's crazy about that shit? How many How how you got more girls? The guys in your family, Oh the girl family. I got family.
Speaker 2: It was actually even six girl, six boys.
Speaker 3: Who lived the longest, the girls of the guys. The guys for real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well my grandma lived. My grandma outlived three of her kids.
Speaker 1: Though, ship I don't really I say it because like in my family, the only old people is the is the women. Yeah, like I might be. I was just thinking about this. On my Bahamian side of my family, my mama's side, I think I might be the oldest man.
Speaker 2: For real.
Speaker 1: I think when I break it down when I'm thinking, because all the older they were all old old.
Speaker 3: Like I said, I was ready about older people. So they was all older older.
Speaker 1: And then my mama, my granddaddy had a number of girls, so they all my aunties. They girls. My uncle Everett, he died. I'm the oldest out of all the grandkids that's boys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he might be the older.
Speaker 1: I'm the oldest motherfucker niggas. So I'm like God, damn cause that shit do be mad? Like I was like, damn, who the old like the women they live, the women they live in that Like my grandma right now, she's nine and three years old. You know what I'm saying, but the niggas, I gotta I gotta break that record though, because I feel like, like I know you're gonna die, but I feel like I'm gonna live forever. Like it just feels like I don't feel.
Speaker 2: Like I'm doing this age where you belying, I don't ready to go now.
Speaker 3: I don't know. But my grandma mad she's still aliveing you gotta think like I get it to talk about it.
Speaker 2: I'm laughing. I'm laughing because I understand you, right.
Speaker 3: And she she in the hospital now.
Speaker 1: She just moved to Bahama because they just got out because she thought we thought she was finna be gone last week while I was doing the show. We thought she was gonna die, but she she still kicking. So they moved it to the to the Bahamas, back to the Obama. So she's down there now with my aunt Rare.
Speaker 2: But she she's still in her right mind and all. Yeah.
Speaker 1: She she called COVID but she I guess she beat it this like I don't know what it is, but she won't go like not the seven COVID one day she was she thought she was that because she you know, they be everybody else did and she don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah like they lost. You gotta think not just.
Speaker 1: Your friends died, your life, your coaching, like you ain't got nobody to say, hey, remember that time and if you think, like give a fuck, you know what I'm saying. But my grandma one time she sucked around and passed out in the garage and thought she was dead and laid there for two hours and then got up and walked back in and realized she wasn't dead. Brother shouldn't like Joe Cameron was on the Little I Ring, she thought she was laying there because she thought she was dead.
Speaker 2: And realized I'm not laying I was.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna edit this part out because I'm waiting on her to die so I could tell that story. But I'm not gonna tell her now because she's still here and I don't want to feel.
Speaker 2: But now I know how you said, because my grandma she stayed with my aunt and one day she had wake up. She thought she was like I thought I was gone. She was gone. Well she was like I thought it was over it, So I'm like, dang, But my grandma liked so she left. She was still in her right mind though, like she she still knew what was going on, like she could talk the conversation like, because you know, when you get old, don't nobody really give a shit about you like that?
Speaker 1: And my grandma wanted them super holy than now and all that, and when you go to the house, it's boring and the motherfucker you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So she was like, it's like you coming to see me. I said, yeah. She said, no, You're right, and I'm gonna go see my grandma.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna, matter of fact, next time I go to Bahamas, I'm gonna stop over in Nassau and go see her too. I gotta see her, even though I know she don't give a damn.
Speaker 2: She she understands what you're doing, how big you are.
Speaker 3: I don't think she care. Oh, I don't think she care, like just like ninety some years though, it's like and she did.
Speaker 2: It was one of the ones.
Speaker 1: Like I had three grandparents, so she was one of the ones that raised me too, so and all of them raised me individually in between each other, like they my mama works so much.
Speaker 3: So they all was the babysit there in between them three.
Speaker 2: So but that's what I want. I want to be a granddad and half.
Speaker 1: I can see myself as a granddad. Like my granddaddy was one that lived till like seventy something, so I and I, I got a lot of me and him, the one that the ham mean one. So I think I'm old. But if you don't lose some of that, that that that that gut man.
Speaker 2: You crazy's head.
Speaker 1: That's why you want to let you get back around again. Listen, after we did, you caught me when I had just started my foot you said this, we happened to your vegan day, bro. I had to be vegan for real. I had to stop playing.
Speaker 2: And you know, people really start getting offended and mad when I would post like real food because I was actually tagged.
Speaker 3: Remember the time about sarcasm. They don't get it.
Speaker 2: So I start, you know, I hashtag vegan recipes and it might be a slab of ribs. So one person really got damn cursed me out in my d M. It was like ya, you fat sloped, Like what the fuck out? Because I hashtag they got all type of Instagram named vegan. So it's like I but he just caught just being I started off playing. But then like people like man, you ain't posting that vegan in a minute. So I started just doing that ship. But I had to slow down on that food though anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to slow down. So so what you what you ate today? What was your diet today?
Speaker 2: So this what don't? This is what I'm like on lately, I be doing like the little bro. That's how I know I'm changing. I'm getting you keep saying everything, but you ain't saying nothing. All right, you keep saying you keep boosting yourself up. Listen, all right, listen, because I'm it's like you going s or what what is that? You know with the granola? The fruit?
Speaker 1: You're lying upside? That was your that was your advertizing I had a s bowl. You're lying to me?
Speaker 2: Bro? All right? I asked them how.
Speaker 3: America? Third piece in pepper?
Speaker 2: Now? But see that's how I know I've been because it used to be like a twin out and eat a tway by yourself? Man, what nigga ever grown? Man?
Speaker 3: I can't eat more than I.
Speaker 2: Don't see you. You don't eat, You don't finish your food.
Speaker 1: I don't I eat six. It hurts you. You should listen. I promise you if you go on the road with me. I guarantee you will lose that good. I guarantee you everybody going the road with me lose weight.
Speaker 2: Cap everybody who's going the road with you get bigger.
Speaker 3: Yeah they that I forgot. You got a lot to edit. Yeah, we watched not direct before.
Speaker 1: Man was getting bigger and bigger, and that nigga used to let's get.
Speaker 2: So like, what is it in your family? Your family y'all? Y'all can't get big though.
Speaker 1: No, I just don't eat like that. I don't eat they like. I don't don't wake up thinking about eating. I just eat when my stomach start growling. Yeah, I'm not a I'm not a I just eat the lift they put if they put a peel to fill you up and give you all nutritions.
Speaker 2: You want to eat.
Speaker 1: I do that for the rest of my life. I think waiting on them to do it. They should have it by not.
Speaker 2: No, I got like I like I like food. That's weird. I can tell you like food is show. Hey, all right, tell me this. I don't want to ask this. So like, as long as you've been an entertainer and you don't seeing like the ups and highs of the game, up high, yeah, like the like you don't see the No, I don't think I'm trying to speak life in the youth. That's the difference with niggas.
Speaker 1: It's sucking it up. I thought you trying to see the ups and highs of the game, not of me. I think you don't seen the ups and the highs of.
Speaker 3: The game of my life, my career.
Speaker 2: I think what you said of both though of life it has been entertainer and your career. Okay, what's when you realize, like, Okay, this is what I want out of it? Because a lot of people, a lot of people do this shit and they still don't know what they want out of it, or they don't know what they what they trying to obtain from this shit.
Speaker 3: It's kind of a good question.
Speaker 2: And I feel like you you kind of figured this shit, and I.
Speaker 1: Figured it over time in life, just evolving in my career. Like you you set up a goal because like it wasn't no blueprint on what it is on life in general. I didn't have one, so I was learning as I go. I've just been a good observer of life. And I was like, all right, and I always stay a step of heads, like all right, this is what they're doing. What I need to do next, what I need to do next, and I just beat it before everybody else. So y'all watch me and see what to do next. But I'm always paying attention what's next too. So I've all like when I first started, like I want to be the best in the game, and you go to I want to be the best in life, and that's where I am not. It's like, I don't want to be the best entertainer, the best commedity. I want to be the best human being to where because who all we think of one hundred years from that, It wasn't the best rapper, it wasn't the best actor as the best person.
Speaker 2: Nigga still celebrate Martin Luther.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I want to be able to celebrate this man person.
Speaker 1: The person you know, it's in our generation is the entertainer, you know, but that's evolving to what entertainers is nobody that's just another person.
Speaker 2: Because I think with Atlanta comedy, like niggas still have to mention and talk about you know what I'm saying tripping on Tuesday. So it's like seeing that you donet like you did that? What that was like fifteen, sixteen, how many years ago? There there was shit about sixteen years ago Nigga still mentioning and talking about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so she gave him. You gave him a moment, that's what. And that's why I say, you give people's moments and give yourself moments and those what that's that's what you do. Even with the shift leader, you give them the moments. You know what I'm saying. But you got to understand what you're doing so so you can And that's what I always did.
Speaker 2: I was able to.
Speaker 1: Able to capitalize off of it, maybe not all the way to the t like, but the next generation capitalized even double, which I already knew what was gonna happen. But even with social media, you give people an understanding of how to use it and then they use it and apply to the next back. At the same time, I wasn't one of them old niggas that he did a lot for the game and didn't make nothing.
Speaker 3: Off of him.
Speaker 1: I think that's the worst. That's the worst, and that's what I never wanted to be. So I don't want because then the leader, what they call it, the the trailblazer.
Speaker 2: He used to be the pot nigga. Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: And I didn't want to be that. And I'm not even the money chaser. But I ain't finna be no poet as a nigga neither man, because then they'll view you as that. I think it's like when you I feel like which.
Speaker 2: I don't give a fuck if they view me like that ship because you got money, But when you were a poet, I think that's a difference. Like I used to get so offended when my baby Mama would call me a broke ass nigga because at the time I was a broke ass nigga. So you know, it hit different.
Speaker 3: So if I say you still kind of chupping, I don't think you lost.
Speaker 2: What that that don't affect me. But when a female called nigga broke ass nigga, that shit is different.
Speaker 3: Poe ass. Yeah, I learned that too. What you call people post, they get offended.
Speaker 2: That's how y'all just because you got a little money and you weren't even speaking on that.
Speaker 3: Don't even talking like that.
Speaker 1: Like when we say poor, specially for Florida, it's a it's like a Now it's a person, place, a thing. You can use it any gaming the way you want. He said, it's a Poeass room, It's a poe Ass chain.
Speaker 2: That old poe Ass So it could me something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know, people being their feelings because you hit home like you say, you hear her, because they are in their mind, so they let their mind dictate that.
Speaker 2: I came up with a whole little scenario wild like don't don't ever play with me like that, Like come, my uncle always told me, like you know what I'm saying, just made up some lying ship, but I just was broke. She was like, you get all man that she didn must it must be true.
Speaker 1: So what's your end game? What's your end game? Nath and this and this thing we call life not just in just in life because I don't know if you see it, but you're doing your thing. You actually but like the marathon, like if we got damn running whatever, but you're doing it, then you look up. That's what I'm saying. You don't worry about you doing it. By the time you look bad, you're like, damn, I did all that and you And what happened is the people that you don't even realize that you raising and molding they're gonna come up to you and they're gonna give you that. So that's why ain't worried about that. What's what's the end game for now?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, bro, I don't me personally. I want to have like a farm. Mh. I want to have cows on there. I want to have pigs. I want to be a granddaddy. Why are you doing that? About that? Who?
Speaker 3: Now see this?
Speaker 1: And I say this all the times of people because only I ask people that, because people really don't know.
Speaker 2: They go with the fantasy of it.
Speaker 1: Just like how you said I want to travel and all that, and when you start traveling, like I really don't want to do it. You gotta program yourself to want to get to that point. So so in order to say, all right, I want to farm and all that. Are you farming now?
Speaker 3: Are you doing? Little plant?
Speaker 2: Sit there?
Speaker 3: You ain't gonna never foigure?
Speaker 2: I want to do it? When them, oh, I don't want to do it, as I'm saying, you old dirt.
Speaker 1: You know how, you you know how, you you know how you get ready for retirement. You pre read your time, you practice, you you gotta practice because when it's gonna it's gonna come.
Speaker 2: Nigga, I've been in how long? You said, since you've been in the game twenty fourteen?
Speaker 3: That the nine years I've been gave twenty four years. This shit came.
Speaker 1: That shit coming so fast because I was doing what you're doing, tunnel vision, just doing my ship. The next thing you know, I'm the OG in the game. And you see what it happened.
Speaker 2: And what happened when the first nigga called you, like, how did you?
Speaker 1: I already was prepared for it, Like I said, I already set myself up to be until when I get in that position.
Speaker 2: But you always was young, like it.
Speaker 1: I think it happened so quick, programs it did, But I already was ahead of my my.
Speaker 2: Career because you were young.
Speaker 1: Even when I got cold when I was doing got cold, already knew by the time this ship hit them, i'nna be a old nigga, So let me prepare to be an old nigga. So now that I'm the old nigga, I've been preparing this shit for ten years. So now y'all see me as the old nigga. Before before you know, you could look at some nigga be like, damn, that nigga look old. I transitioned enough before y'all to where y'all gonna see me as the old nigga, to where y'all see me as unk.
Speaker 2: I think you did that ship on purpose, though there was like I'm saying, like, because it's like, yeah.
Speaker 3: I did you. Yeah, I prepared myself to whin I.
Speaker 2: Got you was young twenty years then one year you just came grat out like I feel.
Speaker 1: Like you did ill this bitch op with an accident. This ship went all the way a way when I got hit by the car. All that white that was on that car came on my chin.
Speaker 2: But the only reason I say, I am I'm not ready to start showing that I want to be a farmer. Yeah, he's showing it to you. It's for you. It's I'm saying, I'm I'm not ready to do it yet. I'm not trying to wake up that early yet, because I feel like all that plays a part in that.
Speaker 1: Do something simple, plant a tree in your house, Just just do something.
Speaker 2: I did some y'all work the other day.
Speaker 1: Okay, y'all work, cool, But I'm just saying, you've gotta if this is what you think gonna bring you happiness. You're gonna have to find that otherwise you're gonna be around this bitch how you was when you said you went to traveling like, man.
Speaker 3: I don't want to do this ship. Yeah, because you don't know what you.
Speaker 2: Because you know, you know why I don't want to travel like that because when you go people they want to do a scourge which is cool, which is cool.
Speaker 1: You don't have to be a person like people think traveling Brian Peace, You don't have to travel. Sometimes people travel worth to find out. They happy just being right where it is, right at the house, yeah, which is cool. But like you said, your family, you gotta understand too, they gonna grow up and say fuck you do. So what you're gonna do when they that's where you're gonna start your fall. Probably you ain'tnaby do it there because then you're gonna you gotta You're gonna be laving programmed old and then you're gonna be frustrated.
Speaker 2: But see, look, okay, well traveling I do like seeing different places in the world. I will say that I'm not big on doing all this scourge and type ship like all that. Hey that ship. No, you don't have to. I don't do excursions at my house. Nigga, you'll do it, skurge.
Speaker 3: I live in an excursion life.
Speaker 2: Maybe, yeah, you do a.
Speaker 3: Lot of shit.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's a nigga like you would swimming like a lot of ship.
Speaker 1: It's just I be chilling and vibing like like I might be smoking, like we're doing that, and I'm saying, let me go jump off my boat and then go have fun. Bill y'all. Yeah, Scooba diving, but that ain't That's just what I like to do. I swim. It's like swimming. Just go and explore the ocean. It's just y'all ain't used to doing it. But when you see a nigga like me do it. And then once you get to that level when I'm telling you about you gonna get bored. You're gonna look at a nigga like me. It looks kind of fun.
Speaker 3: I might are you.
Speaker 2: You know what, I'm gonna try this Lego ship. Nah nah, that's on some other ship that you're doing. That Lego ship.
Speaker 3: That Lego shit good for you?
Speaker 2: You know how peace you gotta be to buy Legos and build them and.
Speaker 1: You don't want to be at piece too. At one point, you just ain't that yet. You still want to get to a point too in your career. Once you get to that point, then you're gonna transition. But you want to prepare for that part too.
Speaker 2: But listen, you be on the roll sold out shows. You leave a sold out show to do some legos. You don't think that shit weird at all.
Speaker 1: You know it helps me with my show because it keeps my It keeps my thought patterns going, It keeps me thinking, keeps me creative. It helps you a lot, and it helps you because the older we get the heart unless we use our brain. I like playing spades and shit like even social media it makes you. It makes our train of thoughts. Oh yeah, you know what I'm saying. But stuff like that keeps my focus.
Speaker 2: So look tell me this without you know how you do get your page suspending a lot other than that. Do you feel like people should take social media breaks?
Speaker 1: I don't, but I know what other people do because I understan Dan did it honest, But I think a lot of people should.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't. I hate when people announced that shit, huh. I hate when people announced that shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's people have to do what they do because people, you gotta think, majority of the people on there talking to theirselves trying to it's a self esteem, that's all. Because it's self esteem. They talking to themself to make themself feel good. So that's what they need to make themself feel good. But at the same time.
Speaker 3: Social media do great things.
Speaker 1: It helped me a lot with that accident, like all the love I was getting from that ship and all the people that around the world that went through the same shit I would do.
Speaker 3: So it's all in.
Speaker 2: How you use it and to see how you had bounced back though. Did you feel like you was being at the time? Did you see that you would be a vessel to other people live?
Speaker 3: Like Damn?
Speaker 1: I was always like God, he wanted this, He must think I'm wanted his best words to have me go through this shit. So I at the moment I knew it was he used me as an example because I knew I was gonna be good because I believe.
Speaker 2: In them, like right, true?
Speaker 1: Can't you can't believe in God and then have doubt, you know what I'm saying. So I already knew in my head I was gonna get that good. So I knew to come up and I knew what he was using me for backt the same time he was sending me people through social media, through my friend's family. You know what I'm saying, uh close people around me. They gave me the little shit that I needed, you know. You know I ain't eve talking about financially, just the little shit, you know what I'm saying, Like even like a call or a text, or a drop off some shit or just come over there a day and check out. So he gave me everything I needed, you know. And so social media works some good and sometimes it works fucked up. But you got to be on understand which side the work. That's like life. You can go outside and find a greatness and the shit. You can go outside and bump into some bullshit easily, easily. It's all perspective. So anything else you want to ask me, don't kind of tired of talking to you for real now.
Speaker 2: I've been tired of talking to you though, for real. Yeah, because I felt like, you know, when I thought I thought you were gonna give me some ship to write down and I could use as a quote.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you why I can't because you're shielding yourself. Do you see it?
Speaker 1: He's shielding itself like he's you're blocking off something and you're using comedy to try to overshare.
Speaker 3: And I get that.
Speaker 1: What it is, I don't know yet because you're good at it, but it's gonna come an, it's gonna come out.
Speaker 2: So you read me right there now. Because times when we don't talk, man, you like I felt like when you cried to me that day, That's when I started looking at this ship therefure. Did I cry you back? I had no problem saying I cried? Where did I cry you back? I forgot what we was talking about.
Speaker 3: You thought that was gonna work. It didn't go.
Speaker 2: I thought you were gonna be mad.
Speaker 1: I cry, what's the last thing you cried about? Give me the real shit? Don't give me the shits you think. All right, I can say that without going too deep.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I ain't want to do that.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Bro on some real shit.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: One of my buddies he died like two years ago, and this had nothing to do with him. Bro. I was just Ryan thinking about his like his daughters and stuff, and not just like damn, that's crazy that we think we're supposed to live to a certain time.
Speaker 3: Who's who's this weight?
Speaker 2: When I say we as a people humans like that. When you think about it, if you die at fifty or one hundred, it really ain't but fifty year difference in the big scheme of things. You know, we just have a thing in our minds as human as you don't. We think we're supposed to live forever, but death is a reminder that we're just human. We're no different fan any other thing in life, any other living organism, from the tree to the But our arrogance make us think we ain't.
Speaker 1: And so every time some to die, it's a reminder like damn, I'm next.
Speaker 2: Need to live forever?
Speaker 3: Or we think we have enough time to do everything.
Speaker 1: The question do you think if we live forever? You think we don't have enough time to do everything we want to do. I think we don't have enough time to do everything we want to do. I think I've done everything I wanted to do and more things I never thought I could do. So I can't say that because I've done everything. If that's the case, they'd be done, been checked me out. I like just living. I like watching other people live. I like to see how this ship play out. That's the only reason I want to live, to see how this shit play out, because because everything nothing is. I want to see how humans, because humans are retarded and crazy and they arrogance lead them into a lot of stupid shit. They're bump into ship and it's crazy to see where it goes. Even in this last ten years, to see how we just the narrative, how humans, like we were saying by sarcasm, how sarcasm has went from sarcasm to to offensive, right, And that's just because it ain't nothing changed the joke, but something changing the culture and then the people how they digested mentally.
Speaker 2: You know, like I think what up went too deep for him? No, I said, I understand what you're saying, but I think how certain people was raised. I think like like if you was around your uncles and around your dad, around people like that me and talk shit to me. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: If that makes sense, you do, But that's not what I'm getting that I'm saying like the evolution of how humans just bumping into little things, like something little thing in the world can shift everything into how like even like saying's twenty twenty high shift everything to how the inflation went all the way up because how they drove all the money in that that made all inflation go up, which made the black the black people feel like we had more than what we head So now that we're back in reality, were still up here mentally. But you know what I'm saying, that was a time. It never fucked me up because I saw it for what it was. But I'm entertained by watching people get fucked up in it. Man, that COVID was.
Speaker 2: She was right there.
Speaker 3: We was laughing about it with me.
Speaker 2: Hush.
Speaker 1: We always watching just the world just it was almost like because it's niggas that much money though, it's just to watch how the system the effective. It didn't affect people like us because we've seen it for what it was, but just to see how it can really control them the mass amount of people is so fucking entertaining me.
Speaker 2: Nigga. I don't know, and I can't speak for every city and their restate, but in Atlanta doing that COVID, it was.
Speaker 3: A great time.
Speaker 2: What I feel like they should make a movie bout that.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: The clubs, the lamb chops, theiga an't even know about Lamb Chops took COVID.
Speaker 1: He felt like I felt like I was like Frank Lucas at the front that Javonte fight when I saw all them black people with Jerry on.
Speaker 3: I know that she ain't gonna last long. But right now, this ship is a nigga.
Speaker 1: That ship, that ship felt good seeing all the motherfuckers, all the call of your watches.
Speaker 2: That's when the business popper and I knew that she was nigga. We was going to Orlando's just getting a little you know, the little little houses with the pool in the back, having crab balls. Nigga. This wasn't nobody's birthday, Like, man, let you go down to Orlando.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But like I said, it's just to watch it evolve. And that's why I think. I think people just worried about dying. I'm not scared to die, but I want to live, you know what I'm saying. So I think people just.
Speaker 2: Man, I know, somebody ain't celebrated since COVID. What you mean, like they was going out doing ship, like celebrating life like they was always on the scene. Hyeah, Yeah, that when dried up. But I mean, at least you know what's gonna happen. They fucked up now, but ten years from now, that's gonna be they time they tell these stories.
Speaker 3: So that was their life. Seriously, it's just like people in high school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, still living all day high school. Ain't nothing right or wrong about it.
Speaker 3: It's life.
Speaker 2: You knew you were gonna be all start in high school. Uh before high school, Before high school, they tell you one time this how I do too?
Speaker 1: And I just found this out. I just put two and two together. I was one of the you know, I do a joke about being to feed the children, like the ten sets of day. Well, I was one of the kids on the United Way thing, you remember the United Way. I was one of them kids on that.
Speaker 2: I was a real shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my mother put me on that ship. I was one of them poor kids that was on that And so my whole life, the people used to look at me. I got famous off that. But in my mind I just thought I was gifted. I thought I was the one that I didn't realize was the pole kid. I didn't realize this whole I didn't relact to like I'm forty, that's who I was. I was that poor motherfucker. But by me not knowing the cockiness in me. Yeah you know you guys, you know how a bitch in the club that she find as fuck bitch with a big fake ass.
Speaker 3: She think everybody looking at her.
Speaker 1: Because because she finally they judging, but they really looking at it like this little post. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I've always thought I was I've always been famous.
Speaker 1: But then even when I got I like when I was when I was a teenager, I thought I was older than I looked like.
Speaker 3: I had a seventy eight Cadillac Deville, longer than the muffler.
Speaker 2: I was like this big.
Speaker 3: Like now when I look back at like I see people post on video and their kids and.
Speaker 2: That was me and I.
Speaker 3: But in my mind, I did not know I looked like that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So now that I'm old, I realized that's why people used to laugh at me so much. I used to get away with a lot of shit because nobody saw me as a.
Speaker 2: Threat, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Look at it in my mind like, ain't nobody fuck with me? And motherfucker protect me And I don't even realize they protected me. But in my mind and.
Speaker 2: Laughing at all.
Speaker 1: Seeing all this ship here, they looking at it look cute. Look cute, I mean, look cute.
Speaker 3: Who I was? So it worked in my face.
Speaker 1: So I've always been the ship in my head, even once I realized, you know, I molded it into to whatever it.
Speaker 2: Was, respected rich brother lifestyle.
Speaker 3: So you're not going to open up?
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 3: I told you.
Speaker 1: I cried.
Speaker 2: That's aeno opening up.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: Telling you that I cried, that's not opening up enough.
Speaker 3: We all cry, We all cry.
Speaker 2: You hear man, I told you I want to be a farmer. I done told you enough a farmer. I never told nobody that.
Speaker 3: You was just saying that though, But you don't really show you cracked nothing about you, say farm, bro.
Speaker 2: Every farmer is built bad. Oh so you bill bad? So you admitted no, my granddady had.
Speaker 3: My Thanky'll listen. Tune in to the next revelation that I'm gonna pull out of the next guest.
Speaker 2: We got this bitch.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listen to another episode of Conversation with with Me, Little Duval, We got this bitch. Don't miss an episode of Conversations with Listen to subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network, iHeart Radio, app or wherever you get your podcast. Conversation with Podcast is a production of the Black Effect podcast network and our executive producer is Dolly Bishop and produced by Aaron A Keen Howard