Speaker 1: I'm Honey Germy. My parents are Dominican. I was born and raised in New York City. I love speakers and I'm a body positive advocate.
Speaker 2: I'm Carolina Bermudez, soy Nika a weinsay, but I was born and raised in Ohio. I'm a wife, a mama, and a worker bee.
Speaker 1: This is life in Spanglish. Welcome back, Carolina. Another week of life in Spanglish.
Speaker 2: Another week of life in Spanglish, Another week of diving into the nitty gritty of other people's lives, which I feel is so great because then nobody is diving into our lives.
Speaker 1: But that is a fact. We're doing the job for them. They don't need to do it for us exactly.
Speaker 2: We were actually talking about this the other day, you and I were discussing what exactly is going to happen. I feel like weeks ago we found out about the real housewife from Atlanta and how her extravagant spending and gambling problem caused her to force and no, no, no, And I brought it up to you in passing and you were like, wait a minute, wait a minute, what you didn't even so you don't watch housewives, right or you know, I watch housewives.
Speaker 1: We're talking about Kim Zoziak, right.
Speaker 2: Right, right, But like are you? Because I am an avid watcher of certain housewife franchises.
Speaker 1: Well, Atlanta is mine, okay, okay, Jersey and Atlanta. I need them to be very problematic, and I need them to be very over the top. So those are my two shows. Which ones are yours?
Speaker 2: Yeah? See, I get into Beverly Hills, I got too rich into well, no, their next level. I got sucked into Salt Lake City for a while, just because that the one woman who went to Lake City.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know that one exists. A carriage.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm telling you, like, you can get so caught up in all of these, but this one in particular, I thought was really interesting because well, I'm not a gambler. I'll put it out there right now. Do you love to gamble?
Speaker 1: Girl's got enough money to be loving things like that, right. I go to the slot machine and that's it, and then I lose two hundred dollars. I am depressed for the rest of the day.
Speaker 2: I agree. So, you know, Mark, my husband loves to gamble. He's actually really great at like blackjack. You know, he's very strategic and with numbers and things like that, and so like for him, I'm sitting there counting on fingers. No, okay, fine, I hit me, you know what I mean, Like, I'm not that quick with it. So like for me to sit at a table, people get annoyed with me because I am not a true gambler. But like whenever I would go like.
Speaker 1: If she don't get up and give up that seat, bro is going to be on?
Speaker 2: Well no, because then the way that you gamble determines if the rest of the table wins, right, so they're relying on you to like know your stuff in order for the rest of the table to win. So, for example, and I know there are some people who are listening that absolutely know this, but there are some that don't. If you get a seventeen and the dealer is showing like a fifteen, you are supposed to stay on that seventeen. I have seen adults get in full blown fistfights at the table because somebody doesn't know and they're like, oh, seventeen hit me, and they're like no, you.
Speaker 1: Know, the wrong situation into the mix totally.
Speaker 2: So people get really twisted about gambling. So for me, gambling is not a thing. I don't even do scratch offs because I remember my mom used to do scratch offs.
Speaker 1: Looka you know I scratch offs?
Speaker 2: Do you? I'm not down for a scratch off unfortunately. Yeah. So I'm just like I'd rather save my five or ten dollars. No, you know, the one that I love is the crew.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna win a million dollars? Then, Carolina?
Speaker 2: I know what is the saying? Hey, you never know, right, so they hook you with it.
Speaker 1: It's such a you gotta be in it to win it.
Speaker 3: You gotta be in.
Speaker 2: It to win it, exactly. So I saw this story and I thought to myself, how do you get to this place where or your house is being foreclosed on, you have an estate sale, you have to like you're behind in your taxes. There's like all of these things happening. None of that bana go inside the moohead. But no, people say, like it's an illness. Gambling is just as much an illness sometimes, like the people who are addicted to it, just as much as people who you know. Some people would compare it to like alcohol or drugs or things like that, because like, you have this need. So I am so grateful that I do not have that desire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's actually you know, they say a person with a gambling disorder, they experienced similar freaks to the like if you have a substance abuse disorder. Right, they correlate to like very very close. And they've put it in the books as something that is legit a disorder.
Speaker 2: Right, And so I had just like you, I had no idea that this woman on Housewives, because that's the other thing too, you know.
Speaker 1: So put together, right, Like when you look.
Speaker 2: At these housewives you put at the inn in Gosa at Marca, you know, they're only luxury brands. They're only showing up in Mercedes, and like all of these like lavish cars and their houses are crazy, and like this is just such proof that it is all smoke and mirrors.
Speaker 1: How do they even sleep though, Caroly? You know, it's like they owe a million dollars in taxes. Girl, the irs want fifty dollars for me. I am stressed out and looking for that money.
Speaker 2: Right, Like, how would you be able to fall asleep at night knowing that you like have so many bills to pay? Now, A lot of people say that, like the Housewives, they rent a bunch of their stuff that's not really their clothing, that's not really their handbags. And I have to be honest with you. I do I rent clothing because I have so many things that I have to go to, like I do new Ly, or I'll do rent the runway. But this is like taking it to a whole other level.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these people be driven in Fendy, Gucci, Prada, like you can rent that type of stuff.
Speaker 2: See that's what I'm saying. I don't know because the stuff that I'm renting is like from freaking anthropology or urban outfitters.
Speaker 1: You know, of the mankind right right right, So.
Speaker 2: It's not even that high end. But so I did a deep dive onto her gambling habit, and I actually wanted to bring up something that my mother told me about years ago, which I don't know if your parents have ever done something like this, but I'll bring that up in a second. But they were talking about how when she was in the Bahamas once she lost two hundred and fifty thousand dollars gambling, and I was like, oh, hell.
Speaker 1: That is a bag, Carolina, that's a home.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's that is a nice home. Actually, you know what I.
Speaker 1: Mean that's a manschait. I don't know about New York, but in Texas that could be living good with that money.
Speaker 2: I mean, right, So the fact that like I'm like, first of all, how do you even have two hundred and fifty K if you don't even have the money to pay you know what I mean? Like, so I guess it's prioritizing, maybe putting your priorities in the wrong space.
Speaker 1: It's like they have the cash, but they're not using it for the right thing. Cause I saw a clip of her, like I think it was Don't be Tardy for the party where her and Kroy went to a casino.
Speaker 2: That was a spinoff Yes, yes, yes, that was their spinoff show.
Speaker 1: And they went up to the counter and he was right there with her, so I'm not even blaming her, and they were like, O, can we get twenty five thousand dollars? And they just went to the slots, Carolyn and went ham on them slots for hours.
Speaker 2: Wow. Like, I gotta be honest with you, I wouldn't even know how to take money out on my credit card like that, Like what do you do? Like how like what is the process? Can somebody walk me through?
Speaker 1: This like, how you don't you want to even and you know it's crazy because on the show they had like an assistant with them and they showed Kim at a one hundred dollars machine and they showed the assistant and a penny slot.
Speaker 2: To me, it really does sound like she is absolutely addicted to gambling. There there's no other for me. I mean, I'm saying, like me basing it off of like everything that I've read and heard, and so it's like, how then do you maybe that that's what it is. It's it's that you don't really have the logic or the ability to reason, you know, like I need to save money because she's got like four or five kids.
Speaker 1: I think with you know, with gambling, it's it's a thing of the moment. It stimulates the brain's reward system, as does a lot of different things.
Speaker 2: Did you ever see that thing on Instagram? And this is not Kim Zolciak, but there was another woman who was at the slots and she didn't want to leave because once you start putting a lot of money into that machine, people think, oh it's going to hit now, Like I've been here for twelve hours. This machine has to hit.
Speaker 1: But ask me my little with my little dollar machines, I'd be stalking looking from the side to see if somebody's gonna sit in it, and if they sit in it, I watch to see if they hit. So I guess I could rate myself. I don't know what I'm gonna do if they do hit on a machine that I was sitting at.
Speaker 2: Well, no, but this woman ended up peeing her pants it, but she peed the I have to send it.
Speaker 1: To you because she wouldn't go, because she wouldn't leave.
Speaker 2: She would not leave the machine. And that's why I'm saying. It's like, I thank god that I don't have something that has that much of a vice grip on me, because it has to be challenging, that has to be super difficult. But like this whole housewife thing, I feel like it brought it to the forefront because you know, you hear about men gambling, You hear about guys betting on like football games and basketball games, and you know, even these celebrities that will go out on golf tournaments. And I remember hearing like one time Michael Jordan bet like a watch or so you know what I mean, Like Devin like Drake.
Speaker 1: He stays betting all the time. I think, sure he has some type of endorsement, but he talks about betting all day long, so like normal, and I don't. I don't. I don't flinch at it. I see everybody betting on the boxing matches. I don't flinch. But this Kim Solcia, I think threw me for a loop. But I'm like, wait, hold on, she's addicted to gambling, right, But.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm saying it's like And by the way, Kevin Hart totally has a legitimate partnership with Draft Kings. He said, gambling should be fun, it should be entertaining. He has like a really healthy outlook on it. And he said, he's like, you know, clearly we want people who are able to, you know, bet and do all of these things, like to do it in an entertaining way, like where you're not like because you can sacrificing your livelihood, you know, you could have fun exactly like and how amazing would it be like right now, right now, how amazing would it be if you like went and you put one hundred dollars down and you won like two grand. That would be enough for me. I would be like, dude, I'm out, Yes.
Speaker 1: But I don't know Aboudy called me till next week.
Speaker 2: Right, No, but that's what I was saying. But I don't even have the like instant or I wouldn't even want. I don't have the desire to go and do that because I would rather spend that hundred dollars on something that is going to benefit me, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: See, it's something that's tangible. It's like, Okay, I spend a hund dollars, but I brought something home with.
Speaker 2: Me, right, And you know, I want to get into the thing that I was talking to my mom about because I want to explain how this actually has ties to our community and our culture. So I'm going to tell you guys what I found out, and we'll do that after the break. So when my mom was here a couple of weeks ago, she was here for Asher's communion, and she stayed a couple of days later because I said, Mom, like, I could always use the extra help, like the boys love when you come to their like games and this, this and that. And that's when this story broke. So I was talking to my mom about it, and my mom goes oh no, I'm on kuchuan. And I said, what is a kuchua? Are you aware of this? Maybe it's a different name.
Speaker 1: I probably use a different word. Explain it to me and I'll tell you a Dominican word.
Speaker 2: So my mom said, like, so I think the way that she broke it down, and I wish I could. I wish I took notes on it. When she was explaining it to me. You get twelve people in a pool, Okay, do you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 1: I know what you talking about. We call it associated or a some essay.
Speaker 2: Then okay, So my mom was saying elucud persona, he said familia or you know, your your friends. And every month you guys decide you're gonna put in let's say twenty dollars a week, so eighty dollars a month, okay, each month the pot goes to one person, so everybody contributes to this. And then at some point, like you could say, oh, you know, I really always need the money in April. I don't know, because you know whatever, I need the money in April because my kids have their birthdays in April. Let's say, so you can arrange with the twelve other people because there's twelve people in it. There are twelve months in a year. You all contribute the same amount of money and then you get that windfall basically once a year.
Speaker 1: Get that big bag. But it right, it's it's so weird because it's like you could have saved the money yourself, Caroline, but we get involved in these weird situations, like when I associate that on Sushu. They call it all types of different words. I've heard it, but I've never been involved. Talk to me, your mom, she'd be in it.
Speaker 2: So my mom and dad used to do that because they had six kids and when they were young well yeah, when they were younger, when we when we were younger. Yeah, So so they would always go in and they have like my mom has five brothers and sisters. My dad has four. So they would go in with family and friends.
Speaker 1: Oh I love that. Yeah, And you can trust because that's the reason I've never done it, because I'm not trusting people with money.
Speaker 2: Well no, And but you know what, you're all accountable, like you have to either you either give up the money up front, like at the beginning of the month, or you do a weekly thing. Right, And I would say to her, like, what would happen if somebody didn't pay, they get kicked out? You bring somebody else in, you know. So it was like legit, it was the real deal, right, And so I said her. I was like, I had no idea that this was like a thing, right, So she told me, she said, yeah, Daddy and I I used to do it. We used to ask every December or January. We were open for December or January. December because we wanted to buy you guys Christmas gifts or January because if we charge things then we could pay off those cards.
Speaker 1: People still do it now, Carolina. They be big though they'd be like ten twenty thousand. I ain't down for none of.
Speaker 2: That, no, I mean for them, it was like twenty dollars ye then yeah, yeah, and back then it's a lot of money. Eighty dollars a month. That's a lot of money. But I said, I was like, you know what, that's actually kind of like a bright idea because you never know when you're gonna need the money. And even so, like if you get all that money, basically it's just money changing hands, right like, and it just comes to you at a certain time when you feel like your family will benefit from it. So I said, oh my gosh, I said, gift. I don't want a gosa, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So Dominicans love that, and whoever handles the money, they always take the first number. I can get down with that, I'll be number one. I get the money first. There's always like an issue with where your number lands. But Dominigans and Puerto Ricans they love doing that. Susu sang Socia that they'd be telling me.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, yeah, or come ivanco, you know what I mean. I would not want to be doing anything. I would be taking care of my own money because you know, people also like that can totally ruin relationships. So back to this Kim Zolciak housewife. Her daughters actually were talking about how their mom would just drop just what bands and bands and bands of money on gambling. And I'm like, what kind of an effect do you think that has on them? Like they're either going to be down to gamble or never be down to gamble. You know.
Speaker 1: Those girls they idolized their moms. I can see them thinking this is perfectly okay. I saw a clip where Kim was at a casino for a eleven hours Carolina. No, I'm pretty sure they know mommy was gambling for eleven hours. She's passing that down.
Speaker 2: Definitely. Well, you know what, there's we were looking up stats too, because we didn't want to make this seem like we were coming down on people. No, no, no, it's just it's very intriguing to me because you know, and I think that it's because this woman is such a high not not high profile I would say, a high profile reality TV star. I guess if that's you know, putting it, you know, giving her a title. But this gambling disorder, it affects about a one percent of Americans who just can't stop despite the consequences. Years ago, Honey, I don't know if you remember. Do you remember the guy on the radio, Craig Cartin. He was on sports radio and he ended up getting fired because he was pulling like he was gambling and betting all of this money, and like, do you you don't remember recall that story. He was a host of a show with Boomers Siasin and this dude was in so deep keep on gambling. I think he ended up going, well, you know, I should look that up before I even say it. But he did end up losing his job. There's consequences, and it's really truly like a sickness that people just can't stop.
Speaker 1: But sometimes it I don't know, here I am, sometimes it pays off. Here's one story you are gonna remember, Carolina. Remember when Jennifer Lopez's mother won the two point four million dollars in the casino.
Speaker 2: Wait, no, remind me of the story, because I think I remember thinking to myself, why in the hell is Jlo's mom winning this kind of money? She already won the lottery with like Jennifer as her daughter exactly.
Speaker 1: I was so mad, I said, hold on, her name is Jalla Loupe. I think, I'm like, why is why Lupe winning two point four million dollars and not my mama?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: But can you imagine I's at the Borgata right here, and I know I think the first time she won was at the Borgata in two thousand and four, and then she won again.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. But what is it like to have that luck? You know, there are just certain peoples. We are so lucky because like my girlfriend Christina, my girlfriend Christina, I can go to any charity function. She can go to any kind of a fundraiser. This girl will walk in. She'll put her tickets in each you know, they have raffles and little raffles forget it, game over. She'll win like two or three prizes. I'll be sitting there looking at my one little number, like all right, yan, yeah, are they gonna call out number seven O three at the end? Seven o three? And always seeing there waiting, she will walk up to the stage three four times, just getting all of the baskets. I'm like, girl, how do you do it? There are just certain people who are lucky like that.
Speaker 1: I've never won anything, like I always do those raffles when I go to parties, but I never win anything at all.
Speaker 2: I know, why are we like this? How can we like it at them? We need to like get something on our side over here or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but these casinos they be full Carolina cause I like the slots. I don't do but I go and a lot of old people are there, so it's like it's normal. It's not even a young person thing. It's not even a Latino thing. It's everybody thing.
Speaker 2: No, you know what it is in Florida, though, I do see like because my mom likes to go to the casino. She goes to the hard rock. Sometimes I go to that one too, like but saying like that, it's sometimes I feel like when you're older, you don't have the same hobbies that you did when you were younger. So it's a place to go. You know, they entice you with gifts and stuff. They were giving my mom presents and stuff to get her to come back to play. She got an air fyer, she got a bottle of gray Goose. I was like, my bottle of gray Goose, I said, not the bottle of gray Goose. Mom like, what's going on? She's like, oh, Mandy, I don't want to nautch you well, okay playa who got it? And they give her dinner? And I was like, girl friend, are you a heart roller?
Speaker 1: These casinos they don't make it any easier. So it's like, if you're already here struggling with a gambling addiction, minding your business, all of a sudden you get a text message, pull up tonight. We're giving away this to the first one hundred people because I've gotten them. I go to hard rock over there.
Speaker 2: Because they do Yeah. No, they in Hollywood Florida, right, So you know what they're doing because I was.
Speaker 1: I get the text messages and I get the emails, and I'm like, if I was in Florida right now, I would pull up and do some gambling.
Speaker 2: Or they'll give you, like tickets to a show, like the one time she was like, oh, Pitbull is gonna be there, and I said, okay, She's like, Mannie, you don't take it, bet On. You know. I eat and I'm like, mom, why are they giving you free tickets? And she's like, because I go and I play, and so they're looking for ways to entice you. But when we come back from this break, I'm gonna tell you what women, what more women are getting involved with, and what more women are playing And this is interesting to me, so i'll tell you right after we take this away. Well, now you know we have to talk about it because now in my circles, so have you ever played that? I can't even believe I'm asking you this. I have girlfriends who have majong and canasta groups.
Speaker 1: I've heard the canasta I've heard for like the Latino sense, I've never heard it like in America. Okay, sods.
Speaker 2: So my friend who is my age. She's in her forties. She has a magen group, she has a Canasta group. So these women are getting together two three times a week now, and they're not playing for like, you know, a ton of money or whatever. You know, they're playing. I don't know how you would even bet on that because I've never played them.
Speaker 1: It's more for fun, yeah, she said, it's.
Speaker 2: More for fun. It's more for like camaraderie. And they're saying that women now are looking for these like non strategic forms of gaming so that they can like form a camaraderie or that they can like get together and you.
Speaker 1: Know, it's more like a community thing versus a gambling addiction thing. I could get down with that, right.
Speaker 2: Like bingo. Okay, I'm done with bingo, I'm saying, but that's what I'm saying. Like, so for me, I look at like this whole big story and how it's like grown out of like, yeah, you know this four. I feel bad for them. Anytime I see people getting divorced, I feel terrible, you know, because you think of the kids and all of this stuff.
Speaker 1: But like when with them Carolina's he adopted her kids, So how does that even work?
Speaker 2: Well, those were her two older girls, and then they ended up having like a bunch of kids together.
Speaker 1: Okay, so they share some too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, she they had their little boys, I think after I think they had two little boys and a girl.
Speaker 1: You're right, the ones that he adopted should be grown women. Now there's no custody, there's no child support, there's nothing.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: She did file for soul custody of the children. So I don't know if there's like another layer that we are yet to find out about with this consousiac.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean things are gonna keep coming out and you know.
Speaker 1: These somebody do you think somebody cheated here?
Speaker 2: Oh no, I think he adored her. I don't know. I don't think so. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe Papa's back in her life.
Speaker 2: Oh want her, big Papa, Big Papa.
Speaker 1: That's how we got to know Nini was not with that.
Speaker 2: That is so throwback, like old school. That's when it was really good.
Speaker 1: And that's when that's when I got addicted to it. I can tell you anything about the Atlanta Housewives that you need to know.
Speaker 2: No, well, you know what I mean. Listen, you just said addicted And if you know anybody with a gambling addiction, and this was I mean, I just wanted to discuss this because I had never really seen a woman being put out there. You know, you always hear about men. You always hear about guys and sports and betting and all of these things, and this is like the first real, you know, highlighting of a woman having a gambling addiction. I thought, wow, you know, we we really do need to talk about there are women out there that may need help. So you know, you should absolutely reach out and get help if somebody is addicted to gambling, like in your family, or even if you think you know, look, now they're getting kids to do it on there on the video games, Like my kids are playing NBA two K and Noah and Asher were arguing because they had to exchange money, I guess to get different players and they were like, oh, I'll bet I said, guys, guys, guys.
Speaker 1: Whose credit card is on that game?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, no, no, no, we don't. We don't put any cards. In fact, we were smart about this and I'm so glad that we did this. From the very beginning, we put like an amex, like one hundred dollars card so they get there's nothing like they are not linked to our thing, so like on accident, if they purchase like.
Speaker 1: Oh that's that's smart, so.
Speaker 2: Then yeah, so then they're not running up our credit card, you know what I mean. But I even thought like, look at like they're trying to get in early with these kids with like Fortnite and NBA two.
Speaker 1: K and skins and all that stuff, right.
Speaker 2: Right, right, So you know, if you know somebody who has a problem, it's a really easy number, one eight hundred Gambler. You can chat at one eight hundred gambler chat dot org, or you can text eight hundred gam I mean, I don't want to come off as like being preachy, but I do think that it's really important for us to like figuring out these these conversations and highlight you know, maybe this is something that we should be paying more attention to as women. You know, No, it definitely isn't.
Speaker 1: And I was looking and the treatment resembles that of like alcohol use or like substance abuse disorder, and I was like, Okay, they're really really treating this as something serious. Like you think like, oh, yeah, this person gambles. But the more I read and the more I researched. I'm like, this is serious. They need medication sometimes, they need counseling. They even have rehab centers where you could go live at for gambling addiction, Carolina.
Speaker 2: But girl, that's that's because it's literally in your hands. The phone is in your hands, Like, you can access this anywhere. And that's the thing. It's like, you know, with alcohol, you can go to any street corner and walk in and get a bottle of alcohol. With gambling, you literally can be on any kind of these apps or these sites all day long from your computer or from your phone.
Speaker 1: And nobody will know you're just sitting there. You're like, yeah, yeah, I hear you, hear you. Meanwhile, you're gambling on your phone. Can't you do lotto in some states on your phone?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: How elarly?
Speaker 2: Is that all of it? And that's why I'm saying, I'm sorry, yes, all of it. That's why I was like, holy wow, this is really like something that we should just be aware of and be open to discussing.
Speaker 1: For sure, because it has long term effects. I was reading the like more than twenty percent of compulsive gamblers and the filing for bankruptcy, Caroline. You know, what bankruptcy does to someone's life.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, I don't know a whole lot about bankruptcy, but what I know is just that, like what you're wiped out, you basically have to like begin building your credit from zero from nothing, Like how do you do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're I've seen people do it. You're you're wiped out. The only thing that stays with you forever is your student debt. Them student debts, you won't pay them regardless, And I think like IRS debt, stuff like that, But I think your credit is shot for like over five six, seven years, Like you can't do anything once that bankruptcy hits your credit. And we know you can't buy a home, you can't even rent an apartment, you can't buy a car. And then it spills over because then you got to start asking a familia.
Speaker 3: No no no no no no no no. You never ever lend anybody money.
Speaker 2: You give them money with the expectation that you're never going to get it back. Unfortunately, if they give it back, then it's a bonus. Then that's a win for you. But if you're giving money to somebody, you better be prepared to take that lass You did your parents ever talk to you about that, because my parents would always say that.
Speaker 1: No, not really. I just adopted that myself. I don't let nobody borrow money, Carolina, I'm always broke.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: You don't need to know what I have in the bank or I don't have in the bank, because, like you said, that's it. Unless it's like somebody very close to me. They're like, I need ten thousand dollars, you'll get it next month, and I trust them. Yeah, but like, oh, you could kiss that money goodbye. These people are not coming back.
Speaker 2: I love how you said, I'm always broke. Don't come knock on my door because I don't have money either.
Speaker 1: It's that's me nothing, you know, because you have to. It sucks, but sometimes you have to put that narrative forward when you have friends and families who are always looking for money to be buy.
Speaker 2: That's like I had a nanny and I know we have to wrap it up soon, but I do have to say this, Like I had a nanny back in the day who I absolutely adored. Oh my gosh, she was so amazing. She had family back home. They were always calling her la like one needed.
Speaker 1: Dentist, expensive girl, help.
Speaker 2: One needed her car broke down and uberg and and so I finally told her, I said, I said, why don't you tell them that you you're not making as much money, except tell them that we reduced your pay so that you can save your own mind. We had to strategize because get.
Speaker 1: The culture, how to get the boos of, how to get the vultures off my back?
Speaker 2: I said, people are vultures. I said it get band sung seeing the netto like what like, what is you're out here helping me raise my two little boys. This is way when the kids were way younger. And I said, you're you're not sitting out here watching TV and hanging out, You're working, you know. I felt like protective of her, and I feel bad for encouraging her to lie. But I told her, I said, if you don't lie, you will go home with nothing.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you coached her. And because that's how I lived my life, Carolina. That's why I said, somebody very very young. If it's a food, I will always give you the money. But if you're trying to go on vacations, if you're trying to buy bags, if I see you flexing on the gram, do not hit me for a penny.
Speaker 2: Well, wait a minute, how are you going to go on all of these occasions and then be asking me for money so that I'm going to see it on social media basically a week from now and then.
Speaker 1: You're gonna yeah.
Speaker 2: And then by the way, if you got a better bag than me and you're borrowing money for me, I resent that say, like, wait a minute, I'm out here using my target Hunter bag that I got from the Drop three years ago. You know what I mean, like cause I like, I like to use my stuff until it's all worn out right and now to the but you're going to be out here, so you know, I think that, like this was a really good episode for us to talk about and and just basically give people the heads up. Watch your people, maybe check in, like if you see one of your friends or one of your family members that's constantly like, you know, playing. Oh and by the way, did you see that over the summer, CBS is gonna start this game show.
Speaker 1: Called because it sounds like something I might watch.
Speaker 2: It's like a Mexican game show that they based it off off of, and I think that it's going to it's gonna be on CBS.
Speaker 1: Okay, so Cbhicano and it's gonna why wash it and bring it to America?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no. The guy from Jane the Virgin is gonna be honest.
Speaker 1: Okay, good good, Okay, A Lisa Latino is gonna host.
Speaker 2: Yeah. His name is Jamie Camille. I think it is and.
Speaker 1: HEMI I know exactly is it?
Speaker 2: Okay? Yeah, that's j I mean Jamie come in.
Speaker 1: You know why watched his name?
Speaker 2: Right? I sure did. I didn't watch j in the Virgin, but yeah, JB it is, well, you know what, look I like it. I feel like it's gonna be something good. Maybe we can watch it with the family. And that's you know what.
Speaker 1: It brings us to the forefront. I'm always down for something that that stays true to our culture, our roots. Does it make us look crazy and just puts us in people's faces. I love when Latinos are in peoples. I think that's why I was so obsessed with Bad Bunny, because it was just like, here we are, and you can't make us go away.
Speaker 2: You can't deny us. Well there you guys have it. When you see Lori Loka this summer, you're gonna think of me calling himeen Janie.
Speaker 1: Guys, you will.
Speaker 2: Exactly exactly well, you know what, hit us up on the Gram and hopefully you got something out of this. You know, I know that sometimes we're you know, we have fun episodes. We have episodes that are a little bit more thought provoking. Some episodes, you know, that are a little bit of more substance. But you know what, that's what we're here to do, just to have the conversations.
Speaker 1: One of the main reasons gambling is so popular is because people see it as a social activity. But we live in a world where you can socialize in so many different ways and do so many different things that if you drive by the casino you think you're going to go in there and do some socializing, kill that idea and keep driving right past that casino.
Speaker 2: Amen, save that money, I want to said it nao and always always in.
Speaker 1: Case kroly Naneda loan, save your money exactly.
Speaker 2: I'm at the Real Carolina on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Hit me up on a Gram. I am honey German, and make sure you give us those five stars and subscribe and.
Speaker 2: We'll see you guys back here next week. Thanks.
Speaker 1: Thanks Lifens. Banguish is a production of life Pnce Banglish Productions in partnership with Iheart's micro through That Podcast Network