Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, Well, well, well, look who we have here? A caller on the phone.
Speaker 2: MM surprising, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: What is your name?
Speaker 2: My name is Bridget.
Speaker 1: Bridget. What are you doing right now?
Speaker 2: Right now? Well, I was supposed to be writing a paper for college, but then you started streaming.
Speaker 1: What what was this paper about?
Speaker 2: It's actually my end of undergraduate capstone high research paper that I'm doing on crop subsidies and water use.
Speaker 1: Well, that sounds extremely boring and I'm glad that. Well, I don't know, maybe it's not boring for you because you signed up to do it. But anyway, Bridget, what's what's up? Man? Would you call in to talk about if anything?
Speaker 2: So I called them for a bit of life's advice. I'll be graduating in December here because I started a semester later and afterwards. I'm molling over possibly in Prontt moving to Ireland for a lot of reasons, mostly centering around the fact that my well has a you know, it's things weird, but my dad died.
Speaker 1: Make things, make things however you want to make them. Yeah, I mean it's I'm reading the notes here and it says that your dad died last year and that he had a lot of connections in Ireland, and you're hoping to to, I assume, talk to people that knew your father to get a little bit of a better perspective on him. Is that is that accurate?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Pretty much? And also just like a connection to the land, I guess because my grandma was born and raised there obviously my dad's mom, and she died before I was born, so I didn't get to know her, but I always heard of Ireland through my dad, and my parents divorced very young, and my dad never remarried, and his family is alreay pretty small, so I guess anybody who's like had divorced parents knows like when that happens, that parent kind of like gets in a bubble and it kind of feels like you and maybe some family members are only like the connection they have anymore. And now I don't have that because those family members and him, besides my sister in Texas, which is a whole nother story, are gone, so I really only of Ireland.
Speaker 1: What was your father's connection to Ireland? Was he did he live like a significant part of his life.
Speaker 2: There, not a significant but was there like commonly with because my Grandma would always bring him and my uncle there and back. And he actually has a few cousins there who I want to reconnect with, but I don't know them. He was there a lot, but I was only there four years ago for about a week and it was just sightseeing. I met two of them for like a day, and I know they're cool people.
Speaker 1: I just it's like, do.
Speaker 2: I want to move to Ireland to experience this part of my life that is technically gone? Or should I just stay here?
Speaker 1: These people that your dad has had connections to you do you Do you have their contact information? Do you have them on Facebook or a cell phone?
Speaker 4: I think I.
Speaker 2: Have one of them. I think, uh, yeah, he had a cousin who would be like the age of an uncle to me somewhere, My my blood uncle probably has it. So him and my dad were estranged one he died.
Speaker 1: So, so tell me about where you're kind of at in life right now? You are You told me at the beginning of this that you have homework, So you're in school? Are you about to graduate?
Speaker 2: M looking like graduating this December and then afterwards is where the question kind of comes into play. Where I'll be graduated? I don't really have any job lined up, so I feel like if I'm going to make a big change right now, that would be the time.
Speaker 1: I actually, I totally totally agree with that as a sentiment where it's like, if you are going to go take a risk or do something fringy or unexpected, right now is totally totally the time to do it, right because when you have started and what do you what are you trying to get a career in crop.
Speaker 2: Stuff basically environmental policy?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you know, look when you're when you're you know, three years deep into your career, and you know, maybe you have a significant other of some kind and you're really just are are kind of rooted down where you are. You know, you're not going to want to go take off and run to Irelands because there's gonna be a lot more left behind. There's gonna be a lot to leave behind. But at this point that you're in right now, where you haven't started anything yet, you don't have any real commitments. I don't know if you have money saved up or anything like that, but now feels like the time to do it. If you're going to go do something like that, if you desire to do something like that, because you know, worst case scenario, if you know there is no sustainable future for you in whatever fringe thing you decide to do, you can always come back and get a crop job, a croppy job. That was stupid. So can I have I do have to ask you this. I do have to ask you this. I love this idea. I think it's great. It seems like you're very passionate about it. And if it even interests you a moticum and you you know, cand afford a plane ticket whatever, totally go and do it. Life is short. Why do you want to move there and stead? If if your primary goal is to learn about your dad and connect with all these people, do you do you feel like you couldn't just accomplish that in a a you know, trip of a month or two or three, Why are you considering moving there?
Speaker 2: Well, that's a good question, and it's something I'm still like kind of moving over because I still have like my mom and stepdad here and friends here. But what's kind of like pushing me to think about moving is something my dad would always say when he's still alive, or he would always mention how my uncle who I've mentioned previously very well traveled man, lived in the abroad for many months, lived in Germany for a year, all this stuff, and my dad never did that, despite loving the aspect of different countries, different places, different cultures, and he said he always always regretted it. And I'm wondering that if I don't take that chance right now, am I going to regret not just taking a trip, you know, because you take a trip and you leave, you know, you people are just like, oh, she was nice. But if I moved there for let's say, at least a year, then I'm actually like instilling myself in the culture and knowing just being a traveler.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I I like that. That's a good explanation, and that actually does make a lot of sense to be like, no, I'm going to actually, you know, really try to to to live in a place, and why that would be different from just you know, a trip of a couple of months. That makes a lot of sense. Bridget I think you should do it. I love shit like this, I really do. I really do believe that life is short and that if you want to have a career in environmental policy, I think that you know, you got your degree and you know, the job prospects are not going anywhere if you want to spend this year in Ireland, and I think I think you should do it now. If you're going to do it right, like you you can always start your career afterwards. Who fucking knows. Maybe something happens in Ireland that you're like, oh, I don't even want to do environmental policy. Maybe I want to do this or go to this place. Maybe you meet someone who's like, hey, I got this startup going on in fucking Laos. You want to come, and you're like, okay, sure, and then you're in Laos and then you meet the love of your life and then they break your heart. But then you meet someone else who's even better, and then you go to fucking Japan. And I don't know, I just just life is short. You should do these things if you feel like you want to do them. I'm fully in favor. Also, it's cool, it's this is like a movie thing. To me. This feels like it's a plot of a movie. You might come out of this with a good screenplay and it has a purpose too. Yeah, I like everything about this. I I I think you should do it. I'm I'm I'm in favor, and I'm not just saying that because I'm green and biased. Because of that, I've said too many stupid things over the course of this call. But no, I think I think you should do it. I like the idea of taking your big risks early because it's you're You're never gonna be in a better position later on in your career to do.
Speaker 2: This kind of shit, right right, Yeah, Wow, that was some solid advice.
Speaker 1: Well have you been talking to your your mom about this? What does she think?
Speaker 2: I've mentioned it to her. She's not not opposed, as all moms are. She'd like me to stay close to home. It's just a little difficult of a topic in our families because my parents had a very nasty doors, to say the least, and it happened when I was like three, so I barely even remember it. But long story short, I can never remember them having a pleasant conversation. So it's like, it's not that she opposes Ireland, it's just the I guess relationship to my dad. But you know, she's not saying don't go, but she's not like grinning as a fact, H.
Speaker 1: I get why you want to stay close to your mom. And your stepdad and your friends. But you know, it's a difficult thing. You want to be close to your family, but also you're aware that life is short and you want to go out and live it. And you know, I think you should, and you know, go to Ireland, FaceTime your mom, you know, once a week at the very minimum, and you know, I, yeah, I think you should go for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, thank you. I'll call in if I'm there next year.
Speaker 1: Is there anything that you want to say to the people of the computer before we go, Bridget.
Speaker 2: I guess your dad dies moved to Ireland.
Speaker 1: Solid advice. Thanks, take care.
Speaker 4: Too.
Speaker 1: I like, I liked her. She had first of all, like I said, great movie premise, great movie premise. I who knows what kind of I cannot see the trailer for that movie in my head. The characters that she meets, she'll piece together her father's story. It reminds me of what's that movie? Extremely loud and incredibly close. Isn't that kind of what that movie was? Anyway? I liked I like. I like that a lot. I think that's a great life experience. And I I really, in my fucking core, I do believe that life is short. And that that if if she is in a position to go and have this life experience, she really should. I mean, who, who the fuck knows what could happen as a result of her taking a chance. I'm inspired, I'm excited for her. I think it's gonna be cool. I think she's gonna learn some stuff. I think she's gonna feel really connected to her father, connected to her family. And I'm glad to hear that her mother is not actively discouraging her from it, because it seems to me that she holds her mother's opinion in a solid regard. You know, she wants to be close to her and the stepdad and the friends, and I hope she has the courage to do it. I think she should. Shall we shall? We take phone calls? Hello, Hello, Hi, Hi, how are you?
Speaker 5: I'm good? How are you?
Speaker 1: I am feeling I'm actually feeling uh really good. I'm feeling good. Uh. How are you feeling?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: I'm feeling good. I'm a little nervous about telling you this story. It's funny, but.
Speaker 1: Listen, trust me, it's five minutes from now. I guarantee you are not going to feel nervous. What's uh, what's going on with you. Jane, tell me, tell me everything. We have no time for anything, but we only we only have. Now what's going on, Jane, tell me the tell me the thing.
Speaker 5: Oh nothing much. My husband and I we we like to on his off not and so on his off notes, we like to we'll smoke, you know, we'll smoke, maybe pop a notable, you know, get a little, get a little uh jazz and this party I was just a few nights ago. We were just having a grand all time, getting into it, you know, and Uh, I could have sworn I felt. Now let me purpose this by saying we are not new to butt stuff but stuff. I mean, let me just I mean, you say, we can say anything on here right, Like that's the pab I opening the porn hube, you know what I mean, Like like that's that's the stuff that I like. So this isn't new for me. But for some reason, I mean, I guess maybe it was because I was I was stoned. I don't know, I could have sworn it was slipping out. And so he's behind me going to town and I'm like, hey, bro, can you like poke that in just a little bit. I think it's about to slip out, and he does. He does it, He does it, and then he doesn't see it. He doesn't see it. It's gone. It's up in my butthole. He pulled out.
Speaker 1: Are you talking you? Are you talking about his penis? No?
Speaker 5: No, I should have purposed that. I'm so sorry I have.
Speaker 1: Because because when you said his penis disappeared into your asshole, I'm like, that's, first of all, would be terrifying. That would be an awful trip to the hospital. If he lost his penis so like a.
Speaker 5: Prosthetic penis and he just lost it, that'd be horrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But no, it was a vibrating butt plug. And I mean, I'll admit it was like I don't know, I don't know if you, like are around anybody that baps regularly, but I mean that's the size of like a like a like a bigger, like a bigger size of bape. But it was, you know, butt plug shaped, and it vibrated. Well, there's a grand old time until it got lost. So I sent him to the kitchen because he's freaking out.
Speaker 2: I'm high.
Speaker 5: I'm laughing and crying at the same time. It was honestly, it was kind of an amazing mix of emotions.
Speaker 1: But he uh.
Speaker 5: He goes in, he gets the kitchen gloves and he's like, I can't.
Speaker 4: I can't feel it.
Speaker 5: The whole time, shit's still vibrating. I'm like, we got to go to the hospital. He's like, no, you gotta go to the hospital. Mind you, we have a two year old. She's in bitter sleep. I'm like, I cannot. I cannot go to the er in this condition and explain to these people why I have a butt plug stuck in my asshole. I can't do that. I was crying still. I was like, I can't. It's just this is ridiculous. It's humiliating. And he finally caved. He caved.
Speaker 4: He went with me.
Speaker 5: He got the baby up, ain't got me in the car. We get in there, I walk in and there's I just walked. Yeah, man, I can't leave a baby at the house.
Speaker 1: And I mean, look, that's perfect, perfect timing, right, because it sounds like the baby is just young enough that you will not remember any of this. It's perfect, perfect Okay, so happen when you get to the hospital. I already DoD why you know, people who look, I understand why if you have a currently vibrating butt plug inside of your asshole. Why you would be embarrassed to, you know, go get help for that. But these are medical experts we're talking about here. I mean, they've probably seen much worse.
Speaker 5: This is true, But I was not anticipating the security guard. And the security guard had to let me into the ere and she's like, Okay, where are you needing to go to? Not I'm like, oh, the ere?
Speaker 4: What brings you mean?
Speaker 5: I'm my bro, this is this is humiliating, but I have something stuck in my butte. She tries to keep a straight face and she couldn't and I was like, yeah, she calls them. They called me back. It dies in the middle of the intake question. I look over at my husband and I'm like, it died. The nurse lost her shit, he lost his shit. I'm like, this is not funny. Kind of is because it died at just the best moment, because I think if it had a still been vibrating when the doctor tried to get it out, I would have legit di embarrassments.
Speaker 1: Oh the battery died.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the battery died, mind you. This was this was like thirty minutes later. It was sitting there, you know, just doing this thing for about thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: I feel like the battery on the bluff, I feel like the battery on a butt plug. It doesn't really need to last longer than thirty minutes, does it.
Speaker 5: I mean, I feel like it doesn't. I feel like it doesn't even need to last that long.
Speaker 1: That well, So Jane, you know, look, I'm glad that you, uh, that you shared this story with us. I hope that it was cathartic for you. And I want to know, did you did you learn anything from this experience that you can take with your own maneuver through the universe. Get bigger butt plugs.
Speaker 5: That yeah, no, not bigger necessarily the ones with the little rings at the end that you can pull out. They won't just like yeah, smart oh did this give you anything?
Speaker 1: I mean, did this give you any sort of a like adversion to butt stuff in the future, like butt PTSD of like I don't want things near my ass because then they'll get stuck in there type of thing. Or were you or did you guys have butt sex that night?
Speaker 5: No, we didn't. We didn't. I mean, it's not like an aversion like I had to like genuinely. It was kind of like a birthing experience. I've never birthed a child, but I would say that that that has to feel very similar what I was doing in there.
Speaker 3: And so.
Speaker 5: No, I mean, I just I still enjoy it. I still like we Obviously we didn't get to finish that night because we had to go to the e R. So I mean the next night I was back at it again on the porn hood no aversion. I do it again, honestly, just not with that specific boot clog.
Speaker 1: Wait, is is your daughter adopted?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: Yeah, there was.
Speaker 1: I like the idea. I like the idea. I like the idea that you reveal to your daughter that, uh, she's adopted by telling like, by telling them that story.
Speaker 5: She would be mortified. I mean, if she's anything like me, she's just probably gonna laugh.
Speaker 1: But You're like, the plage got sucked up into me and then I had to birth it out, which you know, felt weird because I've never birthed anything before. Oh, by the way, you're adopted, that.
Speaker 5: Would be great. That would be a terrific way. Yeah, I'll take it under.
Speaker 1: It bot Uh, Jane, is there anything else you want to say to the people the computer before we go.
Speaker 5: No, just everybody stay conned, be kind. Everybody needs kind words. And I hope you have lovely not and thank you so much for taking my call you as well. I'm bye.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello? Who is this?
Speaker 4: This is Cam?
Speaker 1: What's up? Cam? How's a gun?
Speaker 4: I'm chilling?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What do you? How do you chill? What do you? What do you do to chill?
Speaker 4: I lay in bed in the dark and stare at my phone.
Speaker 1: You lay in bed at the dark and stare at your phone. That actually does sound pretty chill.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm a professional?
Speaker 1: Are you? Are you in the dark right now?
Speaker 4: My curtains are cracked because there's a really pretty sunset. But other than that, Yeah, So.
Speaker 1: Cam, what's going on with you?
Speaker 3: Is there?
Speaker 1: Is there a thing you called in to talk about?
Speaker 4: Yeah? So I'm going on trips in exactly sixty four days, five hours or five minutes. I have a countdown with some friends that I met online and we've been friends for like a couple of years, and we were just like, let's do it.
Speaker 5: Looks meet up.
Speaker 4: But I haven't in like two years. I haven't hung out with anybody but family in person. So I'm a little nervous that you know I'm gonna get there and they're gonna be like, wow, this proves really weird because I am very awkward and clumsy.
Speaker 3: M hm.
Speaker 1: Can I ask why you haven't hang out with anyone except for your family in the past two years.
Speaker 4: It's kind of isolated out here. Before I moved out from in Nevada with my fam. But before that, I lived in New York and I lived in an update and I was I lived at roommates, and I had friends and we could go out and do stuff and that kind of and did madly. So I came back to you with my family, and it's way more isolated out here. And I'm kind of antisocial anyway, like I have to.
Speaker 2: It takes it takes some.
Speaker 4: Time for me to go like, okay, let's go like to be social.
Speaker 1: Are you are you anti? Are you antisocial by choice? Like you just prefer having alone time and and or or is it a mainly just because of a difficulty meeting people and summoning the energy to do that.
Speaker 4: I think it's a little bit of both. I like my alone time. I don't mind being alone, Like I'm not sad that I'm alone all the time, but I you know, I do have fun when I'm out with friends. It's just like, if it's easier to be alone, I guess it's convenient.
Speaker 1: Hm, it is. It is a lot more canvenient, unquestionably to sit in your room on your phone in the dark as much as you possibly can, as opposed to going out into the universe undeniably more convenient one hundred percent of the time.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: Uh, So you're going on a trip with these friends. How many of you guys are there?
Speaker 5: Five?
Speaker 3: Five?
Speaker 4: How did you meet them fortnight?
Speaker 1: Cam? You know, I know that you're nervous, but I think and do any of them? Do any of them know each other? Or none of you guys have met any of each other before?
Speaker 4: Not none of us isn't in person. But one person is in California, so what's not even six hours for me? And two people are in Florida, which is where we're going. So we're all like not all that, we're like kind of cloth already, some of us.
Speaker 1: I'm excited for you, Cam. I know that you have these these fears that people are going to judge you for whatever reason. I first of all guarantee that that will not happen. I think it is a high probability that your internet friends are likely thinking the same thing themselves. So it's like a weird, you know, freshman year of high school or college thing where everyone is going into it, uh nervous and a little worried, but also excited and ready to to make connections. I'm excited for you. I also think, you know, if you haven't been interacting with people socially for two years, it makes perfect sense why it would scare you. But like I said, I'm excited for you. I think it's good to be nervous. I'm learning that a lot more now. I think it's good to be nervous because it means it means that you have something that is about to challenge you in some way. You know, you said that you're you stay on your I'm actually I think it's I think it's great that you're doing this, because you said that you've been spending the past two years on your phone in the dark, and you could have said no. You could have well, you could have said no. You could have been like, I'm too nervous, I don't want to do it. But you were really you noticed, you were really I'm sure you were really nervous when you got the invitation, but you didn't let that stop you. You said, yes, I'll go out and I'll do it. And I'm proud of for doing that. It takes a lot to go against your central nervous system and dive headfirst into a new experience and to take active efforts against the convenient lifestyle you've been living in the hopes that you'll have an experience that will improve your life in some way. That takes a lot to do. I'm glad you're doing it. You will probably be nervous for the rest of the sixty four days because the central nervous system cannot be reasoned with. It can only be beat by action. That's what I've learned as my own personal experience with my own central nervous system that I've been having a complicated relationship with over the past few years. But here's the thing. You will go on this trip. You will face your fears and meet these people. You will have a great time, and afterwards you will have had an experience where you were nervous to do something, did it, realized there was nothing to be nervous about, and then next time you're facing a situation that makes you nervous, you will have first hand evidence that your nerves are not telling you a truthful story, and that will help you deal with them a little bit better. And then you'll face that, and then you'll encounter another situation that makes you nervous, and then you'll have two sets of firsthand evidence that your nerves are lying to you. And then you keep doing that, and you keep doing that, and then eventually you just get better at facing your fears. I like that, What are you guys going to do in Florida? Are you going to bush Gardens?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're probably gonna go to bush Gardens and do like a tour But you're actually I just I just said a random thing.
Speaker 1: You're actually going to bush gardens.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's like a tourism past and it includes Busch Gardens, So I mean, why not?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Ah, man, Cam, You're gonna have a good ass time, Dude, you got nothing to worry about.
Speaker 4: Like, I'm not just anxious, But I don't know. It just kind of hit me the other day and I was like, Wow, it's been a while.
Speaker 1: Anxiety is a form of excitement. I think. I don't know. I don't. That comes from absolutely no information whatsoever except personal anecdote. I think it's like anticipation, right, That's what the end is, an anxiety anticipation. Again, no information. But okam, is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 4: No, but thanks for being you because you're awesome and you make life fun.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you one more thing? If do you believe? And I guess you won't know this until you're actually there, but do you think that if this goes well for you and you do have fun, would you consider when you return home seeking out more situations where you can put yourself out there to make friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I've been thinking about it, you know.
Speaker 1: Not.
Speaker 4: I'm like, obviously I can't get into my whole life story, but I haven't had a lot of opportunities to do things for me, just like because I think I would have fun doing them. So in planning this trip and like buying a plane tickets and like finding somewhere to stay, just like doing it together as a group, I've just kind of been thinking on about like what I want to do, like just for me to have fun, even if it is scary. So I definitely think if I go or when I go, obviously I'm going, I paid money, but look after I definitely think that if it goes well and stuff that I want to do more beautiful, which is more scary?
Speaker 1: Well yeah, you know, well you know everything I said you you'll you face your fears once and then it becomes easier the second time and so on. So you know, again, good on you for taking the steps to uh do something even if you're nervous to do it. Yeah's too short, thanks for calling kem by Lyle. Okay, let's see. How can I make this about me? Yes, I will talk about my live tour again. One of the things I really learned doing these shows is is that process that I and you know, whatever doing show is going to meet friends. Is any fucking thing that it is that could raise your fucking blood pressure and cause you to get all squirmy, is really just that process of like learning to jump forward and it just watching it get easier and easier every time you do it. And that's something I'm trying to like for myself. Just I'm trying to like exposure therapy myself out out of nerves, whatever those nerves may be. Because I think I think the I don't know. I'm not a fucking doctor or a scientist, but I think you're adrenaline stuff can only raise so much that it just gets tired, and then you become numb to your nervousness, and then you can just do stuff. But like I've said multiple times, I have no idea what I'm talking about. Next caller, Hello, Hello, is this the gek? This is the gek?
Speaker 3: Oh? My god, my days? The maid?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 3: Man? Huh? Not a whole lot. I called to talk about backyard wrestling.
Speaker 1: You called to talk about backyard wrestling, Yes, sir, uh yeah, man. It says here that you are a backyard wrestler for a local backyard wrestling federation. Is this what you do for a living? You're a backyard wrestler?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I do.
Speaker 1: How did you get into that?
Speaker 3: It started when I was about sixteen. I was a big wrestling not as most people usually are, and I ended up hanging out with friends who also like wrestling. We just started wrestling around on a trampline Casually. Over the years, I kind of just leveled up from that. I went and wrestled on like mattresses and stuff after getting out of the trampline thing. And now I'm in a ring, so still not a full trained professional, but it's fun. It's a good hobby.
Speaker 1: Now, when you were wrestling around with your friends, did you ever get into a situation where someone got like seriously fucked up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's been a few of them. Not in the group i'm in now. Our group's pretty safe, but I've seen some things, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anything you want to talk about a few of them. Yeah, I'm down to where.
Speaker 3: Probably the scariest one I've heard, which ironically got me into a really crazy match. But this guy was wrestling another guy. He had a chair, you know, typical wrestling. Hit a guy with a chair, right, and the guy ended up not protecting his head when he got hit with the chair and part of the chair was broken off and nobody knew about it and slashed his head like big time. He had to have like multiple staples, couldn't wrestle for a very long time. It was. It was some scary stuff.
Speaker 1: That's pretty gnarly. But wait, so how did that get you involved in a match?
Speaker 3: So the day after the guy who wanted to wrestle that guy because he couldn't wrestle. He saw I was doing some crazy stuff and he was like, hey, I want to wrestle you. So I kind of got his misfortunate end up being my gain. As bad as that sounds, but it was also the craziest match in my life. We had. We had like a table, fladers and chairs kind of match, and this guy didn't really fly off latterers. He jumped out of a giant tree at me.
Speaker 1: All right, did that's scary? He was jumping out of a giant tree.
Speaker 3: I was scared of was me and the guys that were not going to be able to catch them. That was the scariest part because like he had to have been like a good twenty feet up and I'm thankful we all caught him and no one was hurt. But I was like, you're nuts. I'll take the move, but as long as I have some help catching you, because I don't trust myself catching you. Tell me I have a tree maybe twenty feet in the area.
Speaker 1: You know, So you've been doing this since you were sixteen, and says you're thirty two now, so it's been about Yeah, it's been about sixteen years. It's been half your life sixteen years. So how has your relationship with this thing evolved over the past sixteen years? Like you know, is there is a passion for it all, past Or waned Or tell me how it's evolved.
Speaker 3: It's a actually been a wild roller coaster. So sixteen, like I said, just starting liking it eventually became something I became fascinated and fell in love with. After I graduated high school, my group was starting to wind down and people were losing interest. So, like a typical thing in the late two thousands, Messenger forums right back then, and there was one specifically for backyard wrestlers called GBYWN and I ended up going on there meeting some people. And that's actually how I ended up going to that group. It wasn't even my own group. It was in Indiana. I ended up traveling a couple of states down to head there. So I ended hanging out.
Speaker 1: Oh I keep going, keep going?
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, So I started traveling and just meeting other backyard wrestlers while my group was not around. She became more and more fascinated by it. As the years went on, I've calmed down a lot. I don't have people flying out of trees or anything at me anymore. Like we've we've gotten smarter over the years, of course, but wrestling in general kind of saved my life in many ways, as weird as that sounds, I depressed kid, just didn't have anything going for me, and then all of a sudden I found friends and we liked wrestling and just kind of evolved from there. And then once they left it, I always found a way to like bring wrestling into helping me through my mental struggles.
Speaker 1: You know, to this day a lot with your mental struggles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's kind of like I guess therapy, you know, in a way. It's a weird way to say it, but it's kind of like it kind of just gets me out of my zone and makes me feel like Superman sometimes. I don't know, m.
Speaker 1: Do you have Are you in a relationship at all?
Speaker 3: I am not. I'm single, Okay?
Speaker 1: Have you had any relationships the past?
Speaker 3: A few toxic ones just didn't work out mostly, I don't know. I'm kind of a bigger guy, so like I'm not the best looking person on earth.
Speaker 1: I have to ask, do you meet like like these these toxic exes? Did you meet them through wrestling or through other means.
Speaker 3: Other means, but I don't know, like they always supported what I did. It's just things didn't work out pretty much every time, and then they just kind of, uh pretty much just dumped on me because I'm two nights of a guy. Mm hm, Like they just took advantage of me and stuff. So it's like, uh, relationships aren't really my thing. Wrestling is kind of what got me through at all. Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Uh So moving forward, I mean, you've been doing this for half your life. Uh, I mean for the rest of your life? Do you do you plan on? Uh? Do you see yourself wrestling?
Speaker 3: I'm hoping to continue for another couple of years for you.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: I'm on a really good run with my local group. I ended up finding some guys and we got we ended up purchasing a ring and we have a ring in my friend's yard and that's what we're doing now. And I want to at least keep going on as long as i can on it because I'm really enjoying what I'm doing currently at this time.
Speaker 1: So I have another question to me, you know, I have another question. Uh, you know, I feel like there is sort of a double edged sword to build your life if I'm getting an accurate picture of you. Uh, it can be like a double edged sword to build your life around one thing, you know, because.
Speaker 3: It's very self destructive in a way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell me about that.
Speaker 3: Hobbies and stuff.
Speaker 1: Mhm, tell me about that. How how is it as a negatively affected you at all to build your life solely around wrestling.
Speaker 3: Not necessarily, Like I have other hobbies, but that's like the big like part of me that it's like the dominant part of me, you know.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: Like I play Magic of the Gathering. I have a group of friends who play magic. I I work quite working at a taco bell met a lot of friends there, so like I'm a very social person, but like I just never find anyone good for me, you know, in terms of relationships and stuff.
Speaker 1: Mm hm, Is there anything?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Probably is there anything in your your like to sort of keep you moving forward. I feel like it's important to have these, uh goals or things you want that kind of help you, you know, figure out what your next moves are going to be. Would you say that you have any like goals for the future that you're aiming for insider outside of wrestlem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean outside. I'm hoping to eventually set on my role a little bit within the next couple of years and hopefully find someone by then and just kind of figure things out from there.
Speaker 1: Uh So you said you're gonna do this for about two years. What would you what would your life look like should you retire from wrestling, Like, what else would you want to do?
Speaker 3: Well, that was the hard part because I've already done it twice and then it just kind of find find it finds its way back to me. So like I've already like said, all right, I need to stop, and then I just start feeling better, get the catch come back. Yeah, but I know I'm not going to be going more than two or three years because I don't think my body could take it. So I've been slowly trying to figure out what's the next move, and it's not going to be there for me all the time anymore. You know.
Speaker 1: Have you come to any conclusions or leaned towards any ideas of what that might be?
Speaker 3: Not one hundred percent sure I have. Like, honestly, it's just kind of recently become a thought in my mind. And that's actually really good. You brought that up, because that's something I've never really addressed, even to myself yet. I haven't think I'm kind of avoiding that idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is it? Is it a scary thing for you?
Speaker 3: Kind of? I am on the autism spectrum, so anxiety is definitely a weakness of mine. So it's it's kind of hard to like, you know, I don't really know how to explain it.
Speaker 1: Is this something you've been avoiding.
Speaker 3: A little bit? I would say I would say I've been avoiding or buying time sleep probably be a bit better word for it. I'm installing, Yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I don't.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: I feel like I hope I don't sound like I'm asking, like leading questions to make this seem like a bad thing, because I actually think think the opposite. I think you know what you seem you know, I don't know you, but you seem like you're very happy with where you are in your life. And that's probably as a result of you not thinking so crazy hard about what you're going to do when wrestling ends, or you know, what life is going to look like later down the line, or how you are going to somehow you know, I mean, all these questions I'm asking you, you know, how you're going to you know, complete whatever is incomplete about your your life. I feel like a lot of the happiness that I'm hearing, you know, out of you comes from just fucking being in the moment, doing the wrestling and living your life.
Speaker 3: You know. I tend to have a bad habbit of I have a bad habit of saying here for a good time, not a long time. But I should definitely be thinking the opposite too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I mean the way that I'm trying to phrase it is like it it doesn't sound like it's a bad thing. It sounds like it's a source of a lot of joy for it that you're you're you're here for their time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's kind of what I live for. Life's too short, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with that. I think you're doing it right.
Speaker 3: Appreciate that, geck.
Speaker 1: Sean is the anything else you want to say to the people of the computer or anything else about your life that you feel like we could I, uh.
Speaker 3: Could I possibly plug my channel?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Let's here? Yeah? What's the channel?
Speaker 3: All right? I have two of them. One of them would be r CW rules for like the U R L R c w N r U l Z that's my personal one. And then for the federation I'm in now, that would be the channel name would be w c KEAT like the flame kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Sean, thank you very much for calling.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. I appreciate you. Have a great night.
Speaker 1: Like I had an interesting perspective. I felt like I maybe I was asking leading questions. I ask questions like that, not hoping to get an answer, but sort of with a genuine curiosity about it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I mean, here's a guy who lives his life in the days of his life, not stressing out about the overall portrait that he's painting across years and years, just fucking hanging out and wrestling and being with friends and you know. And I kept sort of asking, like, you know, is there anything beyond that that you want? And the answer kept I I hope I was listening correctly, but the answer kept kind of being like, you know, hey, I'm here for a good time, not a long time. I'm not thinking so much about, oh I need to find a wife. I'm not thinking so much about oh what am I gonna do when wrestling ends? Because he's enjoying the moment and he kind of started at the end thinking of that as a bad thing. But I think that's a good thing, because I mean, this is dark, but way you know, Fuck, we never know how much time we're gonna have. We don't know we're gonna be around in five years. We don't know what the fuck could happen. They go, I mean, this guy's living in the moment, and uh, if you live in the moment for eighty years, that's a good life. So shout out to him. Hey, folks, it's Lyle here, ending the podcast with something a little different. As you guys might know, I've been on the road doing live shows, and in every city I go to, I also record street interviews with random folks walking around. I'll be ending today's podcast in several podcasts in the future with an excerpt from those street interviews. So here is one from outside the Washington Monument in DC with a guy who operates tanks for the military. If you want to hear all of the interviews I recorded on this day, you can find them by going to YouTube dot com slash Lyle forever, or just go on YouTube and search for being a Gecko at the Washington Monument Okay, let's get into it. What's your name, Zach? What's your life like? What are you all about?
Speaker 6: An army? Last five years? I got another five years ago.
Speaker 1: Are you aware that you're I'm just gonna say, your voice does not match?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I get that a lot. Yeah. People think I'm like thirty years old or something like that.
Speaker 1: How old are you?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 1: Twenty three? Yeah, you're like the voice of your Every different part of you is a new age.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know, I know. Can you guess what I did in the army?
Speaker 1: Hell? Optors? Give me one more fucking rocket launchers? Tanks?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I was too tall for him, So there's a high limit for tanks.
Speaker 1: What okay, what sort of life analogies have you learned from operating tanks?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Like a tank? How in what way is a tank like life?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 1: How is a tank like a relationship? How is the tank like running a business?
Speaker 6: So there's four people in the tank?
Speaker 1: Yeah for the United States?
Speaker 6: And uh, it's all about teamwork. So you learn a lot about teamwork because if your driver ain't doing something, you can't move, your gunner are not doing something, You can't hit anything, loader can't not doing his job.
Speaker 1: All right, So, uh, what position were you in the tank? Are you doing?
Speaker 6: I was a start off as driver, a loader, then I moved up to gunner, and then I finished off his tank commander.
Speaker 1: Takes a tank commander. And what did you learn about like commanding people? How do you get people to respond to you if they were like on their phone playing tetris when they should be.
Speaker 6: Respect and they'll respect you because I feel like a shitty leader. Excuse me language and all, but uh, I was going to respect you, and they're not going to do what you say. But if you show that you want to work with them and you respect them and what they do and you listen to them, they'll follow you.
Speaker 1: Anywhere have you ever been, I mean being in the army. You before you became a leader, you were under the command of a lot of different leaders. What from your experience would you say, Uh, is the difference between a good leader and a bad leader?
Speaker 6: So I had both. I had bad leaders and I had good leaders.
Speaker 1: Okay, what were the bad leaders like? You know, you don't have to give any names.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, so this is one dude, I be in a game of checkers. Was my sergeant and he was like you being in a game of checkers. I was like, hell yeah, I did. He smoked me right there push ups and stuff. Yeah, and then he was like you sure. I was like hell yeah. Because I fooled a lot, I had to do it anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So I just didn't like to style leadership. And then I had other leaders that call check upon me on the weekends and stuff like, hey, how you doing. You need anything? Just my number. Hey, I'm it's gonna be like one hundred miles away, but if you need anything, just call me. And I took that and I was like, damn, that's a really good way to like lead, and I made that in my leadship style.
Speaker 1: So you it sounds like you lead with a lot of kindness. Yeah, what's your line between Like there's there's a problem. I feel like leaders run into where you want to be kind, you want to be benevolent, but you also have to fucking lay down the law when it comes time. Is that something you you are good at doing?
Speaker 6: Absolutely? So there's a there's alignment team working play, like when does joke? Ran went on to sure, and I try to like shout out with the guys. That's like under me and I really haven't had any problems. I mean, if there is, we try we like to try to solve it on a lowest level, because the further up it gets, the more people that know it's just pay the ass.
Speaker 1: How about this six year old version interview react If he saw you commanding a tank.
Speaker 6: He probably stooped. They'd be like, holy ship, dude, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Where do you, like, like, have you driven this tank on like an active battlefield before?
Speaker 6: No, So with the would like I was in California with the training. There's a giant training area out there, and we train on different armies. I worked with the Japanese, the British, the Canadians, the French, to Germans, South Koreans, countries from all over. And but we do we do war games games. Yeah yeah, So basically it's like it's a giant game of laser tag.
Speaker 1: So that so instead of giants, uh fucking rockets, the tank shoots lasers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and it's like it and then we have like systems to say, oh, you're dead, and and we also shoot blanks and stuff and all like simulated rockets. But yeah, that's it's a really cool.
Speaker 1: That's so interesting. Man, So are you in a position where like if if I have no idea the military works, if shit goes down in some place that we and we're at war, like, are you you gotta go over there and bring that? How do you Where is this tank right now?
Speaker 6: Or mine? Yeah? I jumped tanks. My last tank was in for Irwin, California.
Speaker 1: It's in California.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 1: So here's what is confusing me is, let's say there's a war in Let's say we go to war with France. How are you going to get the tank over there?
Speaker 6: Tanks already over there?
Speaker 1: You have tanks everywhere?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so? Or the US military, we have tanks everywhere. There's bases everywhere, so I have, like I have the opportunity be stationed anywhere in the world basically.
Speaker 1: Really, so there's a tank. You know you got tanks in Alaska.
Speaker 6: We don't have tanks over there anymore, there's.
Speaker 1: No if there's an Alaskan war.
Speaker 6: They put me on a gun truck.
Speaker 1: There is a gun truck. Sounds like another name for a tank.
Speaker 6: No, no, it's not. There's only one time of tank. That's the abrams.
Speaker 1: Okay, is a gun truck? Kind of like you're sitting in the back of a pickup truck and you have a gun. Yeah, I said, this just a truck.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what they call a gun truck aus there's a.
Speaker 1: Gun gunman in there.
Speaker 6: Kay, makes sense.
Speaker 1: What made you want to get into all this stuff in the first place?
Speaker 6: Joined out a high school, travel see the world and it worked out for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Because I'm from a small farm town. Okay, it happens population like fifteen.
Speaker 1: Interesting, So I would be honest, you know, I feel like, and I don't know what you're what you see out there, but I feel like the public perception of joining the military is split back and forth. And I've talked to people who they joined the military and they kind of regret it. I have to talk to people like you, seems like it's done great things for you. What's your kind of like take on that, Like should people join the military at a high school or is there like a certain kind of person that that would be.
Speaker 6: Good for Everyone has their different views.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I've had soldiers who got out the army because like I was like, oh, I'll try, it is not for me though, And they got out and thenyone, they're living a better life. And some guys are like, oh man, that's all I got, just going that. My experience has been good. The Armies paid for my entire Batcher's degree. I'm about to start my master's and they're going to pay for that too. I've got job experience. Uh met people from around the world. I enjoy. It does have its ups and down. It's definitely roller coaster, but just take to go with the bad.
Speaker 1: What do you what are you getting? What do you hope to do in the future? What do you getting your degree in? H?
Speaker 6: Well, I have an agree in environmental science. What folks fishwallefe management and I wanted to work with like the National Park Service? Are you used to fish walleye service? Helping threatening endangered species?
Speaker 1: That's awesome? Yeah? Well man, what's your name again?
Speaker 6: Zach?
Speaker 1: Zach?
Speaker 3: Zach?
Speaker 1: Is there anything else you want to say the people in the computer before we go?
Speaker 6: Ah? No, no, good Zack.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much for talking to a real get go man. Thanks support, Thanks for thank you for your service.
Speaker 6: Thank you for your support.
Speaker 1: Of course, man, take care brother, you too, very nice to be shoot. I'm gonna think of you next time I see a big tank. Right that is ch I didn't know that. I'm like scared now. I didn't know that they have fucking tanks everywhere there could You could be just walking around and look, you're there's a fucking tank behind a bush that you don't know about.
Speaker 3: Bed goes on the.
Speaker 1: Line taking your phone calls every night. The Beacon goes doing his eye.
Speaker 6: He's teaching you cloud in the mid of your life, but he's not really an expert.