Speaker 1: I miss the green.
Speaker 2: For example, I'm already upset. When I find my ball in the bunker, I'm really upset. And when I find my.
Speaker 1: Ball in a brid egg Friday egg, the dreaded Frida Egg Friday Friday Bride egg Lie.
Speaker 2: I'm about ready to run off of the course. Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome back to another episode of the Three Man Weave, joined by now out on his own, semi homeless DJ Piehowski and No Laying Up's elite amateur Tron Carter. Welcome all the time.
Speaker 1: I'm getting my dude, welcome John down to like a four point six. We're talking us open pretty quick here.
Speaker 2: It's right around the corner. DJ, How's how's life on the dark side.
Speaker 1: It's good. It's good, you know, its uh, getting my getting my hands in a lot of different stuff, working with a lot of different people. Just it's good, man, It's good. I'm excited to excited to work from home, excited to just get involved with all of it. I love it. He got called No Laying Up HR today. Yeah, did some did some fun stuff with you know, Laying Up crew last weekend, working on some fun golfer's journal stuff. It's coming up, just you know, unrestricted free agent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you got the woogie man.
Speaker 1: He's he's happy. The dogs, it's very happy. Yeah, he's you know, we're going on a lot more walks. We're getting into a good routine napping together, which is good. Sky paddle boards every morning, paddleboarding all the time. While it's actually we're under rip current advisory right now with the impending tropical storm, so Hurricane William, Hurricane der McGirt is looming out there in the Atlantic, So my paddle boarding has actually been kind of put.
Speaker 2: On the hiatus hurricane the most famous Wafford Terrier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt, but yeah, it's good. Thanks for asking, big curmudgeon William McGirt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Wyndam this week, so big week for top one twenty five. Got a lot of guys on the verge, on the brink. You guys want to talk about the PGA or all or we done with that?
Speaker 1: I think we beat that one at Yeah, I don't know. I'm gonna be honest with you. I didn't really see I was aquill hollow. I think I only saw, like, I don't know, maybe three of the holes. I think I saw fourteen and fifteen and ten. You saw those holes were great like those That was I was hanging out really among the infrastruction, sure with Neil big Rayavy.
Speaker 2: That's what I was gonna say. You got to see a lot of the tents and how ye a lot of.
Speaker 1: The stuff they're not going to show in the Telly Cat that's great. Got to hang out in the TV compound, dining, got to hang out kind of Paul fine bomb out there among the among the people.
Speaker 2: Paul fine Man was the what's the greatest?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he stole that video, the golf adjacent video.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely check it out.
Speaker 1: But yeah, the the the PGA, I don't know, John, you were out there in force. You got to take it was so hot. I mean, anybody has a problem with moving the PGA to May They're insane. Yeah, it was. It hadn't move it next year. It's so hot. It was not good.
Speaker 2: Saint Louis. Saint Louis is like the hottest place on the planet in August.
Speaker 1: Humidity. Oh like, I don't think I've ever felt humidity like that. I don't think it can be hotter than I grew up in Atlanta. It was it was I don't know how it could be hotter than what it was this week. You just you're walking like you're just zapped by the end of the day, by the end of the week, Like I'm still well energy. I know too. I was like trying. It was a Sunday of a major and I was just like straight up just fell asleep.
Speaker 2: You guys, you guys gotta get in with big coconut water.
Speaker 1: I was at, Yeah, that's not really for me. You gotta get in.
Speaker 2: You gotta get in with my buddies greater than shameless plug.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's like coconut water, Gatorade. Can't go wrong with it, all right, you guys.
Speaker 1: That's all I know is I went to bed last night at eight o'clock.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I woke up in mind normal time. Yeah it was I'm still zapped. So if my takes a little bit low energy tonight. You guys know why I said.
Speaker 2: You know, Quail Hollow like sucks the life out of me for the whole week. So just having to watch that golf course all week.
Speaker 1: Was yeah, you were you were pretty salty in the It's just a disaster, disaster, it's a disaster. I thought it was there's some really mediocre holes out there. There's some good ones that could be really great if they made some subtle tweaks. Why don't you expound a disaster a little bit.
Speaker 2: It's just, you know, like they always have holes that set up so okay, if you take it like a perfect example of sixteen, and if you take it over to that bunker on like this aggressive line and do like it's a dog like right three hundred and twenty yard carry, you should be rewarded with a good shot to the green and you almost get penalized.
Speaker 3: You do get penalized because it's firm and you're on like a side hill downhill.
Speaker 2: Why it's just like all the angles don't make sense there. If if I play towards a hazard, you get a like that should be you know, like you should get a better and you never do.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 2: There's a few holes on the back nine that are good, but for the most part just unimaginative, narrow, you know, rowback golf at its finest, I.
Speaker 3: Did think that the greens were too fast for the slopes and the and just for how wet the greens surrounds were earlier in the week. It was just weird that you couldn't you couldn't run the ball up like up the front of the green. It would just either stop in its own tracks, or if it landed on the front, it would go all over the back.
Speaker 2: I liked how the how thick the rough was and how firm the greens were, but I can definitely see how.
Speaker 3: The it just didn't match the course, like the souther subair. Somebody was asking in the over unders or is sub air overrated? I think subair is properly rated. It's just a matter of don't overuse it.
Speaker 1: Do re use your path. Yeah, yeah, don't try to be god. Sure. Yeah, I would.
Speaker 2: Like to know exactly how Seber works, you know, probably something we can research, you know, maybe maybe maybe a future three man we all right, let's talk about the window we go to, you know, we go to good golf course architecture. This week we go to Sedgefield Country Club, a rare, you know, really good architectural site, old school Donnie Ross.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: One of the things I love when you look at this golf course is it's not over hazarded. Like you don't see like twenty five bunkers on a hole. There's like three you know, and three bunkers are placed some places for Yeah, a lot of a lot of dog legs, good greens, and uh a lot on the line. So not a lot of big names, which is something that this pod thrives on.
Speaker 1: The little gun man speak for yourself. There's love the little guys. Some decent names in the field.
Speaker 2: I know. I mean, it's uh, it's okay, it's it's not lacking star power. My boy Polly is is convinced that Stenson is strictly playing to hit his fifteen starts and he will likely w D mid round Oh.
Speaker 1: My gosh, towards fifteen starts or not.
Speaker 2: No, no, he has to. This is what he needs. He has to play this one to get to fifteen.
Speaker 1: That's an interesting subplot. That is a great subplot. That's what I know what I'm Polly. Polly seems to mega woke.
Speaker 2: Polly is all over this ship. He uh, he's a smart ass dude. But huh but yeah, so, I mean, who's.
Speaker 1: Knock out anybody else has fourteen starts? I know, That's what I was just looking at strict early as twelve. He doesn't care.
Speaker 2: Stricker doesn't care. He's got like.
Speaker 1: U can't last. That's an we got twelve stats, sents it only as twelve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe that's what he has to start to get to the FedEx playoffs. Like I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's where it is, or maybe I think the playoffs count. Adam Scott's already at fifteen. Sned's is at fifteen. That's probably why he withdrew.
Speaker 2: Yes, Sned's is done for the year.
Speaker 1: Shut it down. Muckel Roy is only at eleven. He doesn't care, so he just he knows, he's hey, he knows he's above the law. No man is law. I didn't even make ribs. Well, how about mc grid might be thrown away his player of the year boat, how about Snedeker? How about how about bryceon being ahead of Snedecker or ahead of mcgrid? Bryce has played twenty eight events, it's a lot.
Speaker 2: Well, he's that man, he's a machine.
Speaker 1: Well he's he's he's resting up in the Bahamas this week and I've been scoping him on the on the ground. Really he's done it all. But wow, it was so big cat. The big rib is basically just saying, all right, I'm gonna win the FedEx Cup again. I don't know. He might be Justin Rose. Only fourteen starts thus far. Has Justin Ros's been hurt or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got that lingering back injury.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he did a photo shoot golf DODGECT yesterday though that can't be good for it.
Speaker 1: Sergio fourteen.
Speaker 2: It's alright. So but you know, one of the things I've been looking at this list and it's crazy, how many how many of last year's winners are outside the top one twenty five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was sticking to that.
Speaker 2: It's like, you got you got Bill Hurley, Triple Sticks.
Speaker 1: Wild Bill Hurley.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, Billy Chucky. We're talking about Bill Hurley, b A.
Speaker 1: G.
Speaker 2: Mac G mac G.
Speaker 1: Max Man just simple Purple Mamba is outside the top one twenty five. J. J.
Speaker 2: Henry Aaron Badley winner.
Speaker 1: Stinks Wow, Triple sticks outside the top one twenty five.
Speaker 2: Harel Varner the third Smiley, Yeah, a lot of people, but Smiley's got exempt All these guys have exemptions, so like it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: My man every outside the top on every not for lack of trying. It's played by twenty eight twenty nine events. Kyle Rifers, Big Costa thirty one events.
Speaker 2: Kyle Kyle rifers, Well.
Speaker 1: Are there thirty one events on the schedule? Is he playing like this week where they have opposite fields. He's just flying back and forth playing both events.
Speaker 2: Zb's played thirty one. He plays everything, gosh, thirty one.
Speaker 1: The best part is ZB has played thirty one events and on his off weeks he just goes and takes golf trips.
Speaker 2: He plays.
Speaker 1: He doesn't eat, no, not even his off weeks. And sometimes this is on week missed to cut up the John Deere and then once played.
Speaker 2: Probably Yeah, he plays thirty six holes a day, regardless of if it's a tournament or not.
Speaker 1: He plays more when he's not in a tournament. Soren Kelson, I feel like he's had a better Maybe I'm just conflating last year this year. I think he's just a big game hunter. I think you just see him in the big moments. Yeah, he's not gonna show up at your colonials. You know you're Windhams.
Speaker 2: He's kind of like Toto Ghana.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, great great call there.
Speaker 2: Just goes into the big moments just for.
Speaker 1: The big He lives for the big moment real quick.
Speaker 3: When we go back to Bransonedeker real quick. I just want to say he's no longer calling it a rib injury. He's not calling it a sternam injury.
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Which is chorus? Just feel like collapeel, like he's trying to head off the McRib junior tag at the past. Wow, that's smart, good pr. The folks over Crown Sports are super woke on the twitter goings on, says agent. I think, so who else did they have? I don't know. We don't have to get into it. Let's move on, curious, we'll talk about it offline. It's the nitty gritty, Yeah, the game within the game. So here's the game.
Speaker 2: Who's moving? Who's moving in inside the tap? One twenty five?
Speaker 1: First of all, let's.
Speaker 3: Talk about let's talk about one twenty five because really I was looking at it last year. There weren't a whole lot of guys that there's been a surprising lack of movement the last few years between Yeah, how little volatility there is the last few years.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 2: I asked my man Will Gray earlier in the week, shout out Will Gray, Golf Channel.
Speaker 1: What do you thought?
Speaker 2: Shout out out? What he thought the number would be? And he said three point fifty to three fifty five.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I mean I can yeah, I mean that's yeah, no offense at will. I just that's Tron's revenue manager. You can make those projections.
Speaker 2: Trn's got Tryn's analyzing the day with price and.
Speaker 1: He's doing that that move the price of desert drops, the digital golf up first. Yeah, solving problems with technology. Uh all right, So we're at three fifty five. So that puts so zb is at one twenty. That puts him three sixty two. I think he's I think he's pretty much greenlit and less a bunch of guys.
Speaker 3: I think he's going to win this week. Though he says he's gonna win. He's two twenty five to one the place.
Speaker 1: When we get at it. Yeah. So after that, we got the hitman, David Hearn exactly three fifty five. I feel like he's you know, is.
Speaker 4: That like that one that's the Tron Special Commission out at the Colonial last year, and uh my guy's staring down in Fort We're he was.
Speaker 1: We've followed hern around for a little bit. She's pretty good and after every t shot he's like, good, that's great.
Speaker 2: He's just such a nondescript player on the PGA Tour.
Speaker 1: Well, we're gonna get to that, Yeah for sure. All right, So he's a three fifty five. I feel like he's he's in good shape. Richie Richie Warrensky Uh. Side side note, the first golf story I ever wrote at Golf Week was about Richie Warrenski when he was a junior player the International Junior Golf Academy.
Speaker 2: Shot shout out for form. Wow.
Speaker 1: So's dude, it's a pre production.
Speaker 2: For former Big Break champion, former Big Break.
Speaker 1: Champ On's at Georgia Tech. Yeah, we do all the stats on Ritchie. So he's, you know, obviously playing well, he's he's three fifty three. What lost in playoff?
Speaker 2: I think you're big Big Week it Reno lost of space, he's trending lost of the loss of the ever patient Chris Stroud.
Speaker 1: That's right, the coach. Uh seamous power at one twenty three. I like Seamous power. I mean like he's I don't know, he's like a gregarious Irish dude that's not anyone to East Tennessee, like any any Irish dude that went East Tennessee War years East Tennessee recruits overseas talent like Augusta State, like U A B for.
Speaker 2: Sure, Jacksonville State. Yeah, I think I think Seamous Power possesses pop.
Speaker 1: He does uh eponymous pop the Medium Tabernacle Daniel Summer Hayes at one twenty four He and he and he and Power are tie. Yeah, I mean stuns me that on the weekend, like he's he's.
Speaker 3: Had probably more share or one or two off the leads after the first or second round this year.
Speaker 1: There are a couple of like yuh, there are a couple of members of like the All Thursday team that always kind of tend to find themselves right here in this one twenty four to one thirty five, Brady and Medium Tabernacle are playing together. This week's huge. It's gonna be a big, big parent. Toron said over the weekend that if if zb Summer Hayes and Fina were ever paired together, he would fly to the tournament and dressed up like Joseph Smith just to like just to build some excitement for that group, just all.
Speaker 2: All the all the Tabernacles together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh, Andy, your guy is the bubble Boy. Jeff Jeff Ogilvey.
Speaker 2: He's the wokest dude on the planet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on the plant. I thought we're gonna say on tour, but on the planet it's probably closer.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I saw there was an article today that he talking about how he just plays a guitar.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's the best.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: All he does is play guitar and sir plays.
Speaker 2: Guitar, serfs golf, does little, does a little little architecture and sure, and his meantime went in his free time, he wins the US opens.
Speaker 1: It's great, nice little family. Yeah, I just hasn't figured out. I think he recently got the worst. Is that right? Yeah, If in fact that's true, I apologize.
Speaker 3: So there's a quite a large gap between yeah, five and twenty six seven points between Ogilvy and cam Triangle.
Speaker 2: Cam Triangle can't.
Speaker 1: Triangles kind an all Thursday team too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's never really done anything for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm kind of with you. We're gonna we're gonna get to that. Sam Sanders, Sam Saunders, think about this. Sam Saunders is one twenty seven, Brian Palmer twenty eight.
Speaker 2: That's kind of crazy. That is quite ironic.
Speaker 1: Actually, Uh, and they're tired. No, sorry, they're not three thirty six, three thirty seven. So Ryan Palmer's another one I know's he's kind of had some person. Yeah. But as far as on the course too, Yeah, he's one of my guys. Man. I love seeing that guy play well, flights his ball, yeah, best.
Speaker 2: They're just certain enough tournaments in Texas for him.
Speaker 1: It's true plays willing to waii too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's gotta be happy about this PGA move for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, opens up some options.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh Hurley, Billy Hurley, the third, Uh, thank you for your service, Thank you for your service. Chance to move inside. And then the guy who I think is going to make a move this week too, the Postman, The Postman JT.
Speaker 2: I love the Postman, love the too.
Speaker 1: He doesn't.
Speaker 3: He's got twenty seven starts, but the two and twenty seven start should effect years.
Speaker 1: I should, in fact take some of your times when you're saying he's not getting upstairs, but the fact that he didn't get into Harbor Town, like that's that's the perfect event for Yeah. According to this, it looks like you probably had a lot of chances his way. Yea.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing, though, is like golf is so much about like streaks, and posting. Then was playing so well, like that was like he was.
Speaker 1: Probably like a top seventy player, Yeah, top sixty player.
Speaker 2: He was lights out then and and now he's kind of in a run. He's been in a run, like hopefully.
Speaker 1: Played all those courses for the first time too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, his butt off Riviera and then he flew across the country, played well at.
Speaker 1: Vals Bar. I mean, he was crushing it there in March.
Speaker 2: But it's it's like everything you see, you see even like look at DJ now. DJ said, DJ's not the best player ever ever to walk a golf course.
Speaker 1: Anymore, like JJ spond. He was a top five player in the world in my opinion for the couple months of the year. Where's he is. He's safely inside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he respawned in the top one hundred.
Speaker 1: He kind of respawn late this season.
Speaker 2: Here's who I here, Here's why I'm I'm pulling to make a move in. I don't know who. I want David hern out, get him out of here.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 3: Should we go ahead and discuss the death panel real quick?
Speaker 1: All right? So we've we've been working on a theory and this is your podcast. You cut us off. This ever gets if it gets too loose. But the theory that we're talking about is what what we've kind of been loosely referring to its working title as the Death Panels, and the idea is that basically, anyone who finishes outside the top one hundred in the Fax Cup at the end of the year Top if you play top one hundred, you're you know, you're golf and your ball you're in. You're You're onto the next season based on your merits. Anyone who runs a Cincinnati, anyone outside the top one hundred has to go before the death panels. Death panels are made up of people like myself, Tron. Yeah, I think we throw former players. I think Brandle goes on the death panel. I think you know, you guys can kind of throw in throwing whoever you are, maybe throw some current players needs to go.
Speaker 2: I think the death panel's got to be on the death panel, and.
Speaker 1: The death panel is basically just deciding whether or not you're allowed to continue playing professional golf at all at all.
Speaker 2: I know, well, it seems seems a little harsh.
Speaker 1: That's how you call it the death panel. So basically the thing is we've got you got too much dead weight on the tour. Too many guys that are keeping their cards for too many years in a row without accomplishing anything and other than keeping their card. Yeah, And I think a lot of it is kind of at like, you know, not to put my uh my brand manager hat on here, but a lot of it is looking at like marketability and how much we want to watch you when you're on TV and a lot of that stuff. I think you're rewarding the people. You know, it's still meritocracy. If you finished inside the top one hundred, you're you're safe. But outside that top one hundred, it's you know, you gotta have a little bit. It needs to be some have some flair. You gotta have some something if.
Speaker 3: You're object development to it. Yeah, like no offense to Chad Collins, I could. I'm probably gonna be in hill for me.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take you out of a lineup, Greg going get out of here, someone like g Mac at one thirty one, dude, you're in Yeah. See that That's where I have a little bit of a problem though. Well that's why I get I think we'll have a spirited debate with g.
Speaker 2: G Mac spends spend too much time at known a blue eating g mac and cheese. Like, he's got to start playing some good golf.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm gonna give him a pass. He gets give another year.
Speaker 2: Just because he has the best restaurant in in Jack's Beach.
Speaker 1: That's false. I like, I like none, but that's inherently false.
Speaker 2: That's just this is so sad that here's the same man.
Speaker 1: There's there's just shut up.
Speaker 5: There's so many guys that like a a. There's too many guys with tour cards, right, Like it's too hard even for if you get low on the priority list, like and you don't play well.
Speaker 1: It's Sony and the career builder. Yeah, like you are behind the eight ball for the rest of this season, which I don't know if that's necessarily right. If your card you should have, your damn card shouldn't be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So let me ask you death penalty. What what happens with death penalty?
Speaker 1: It's got a bad kind of death panel.
Speaker 2: Death panel.
Speaker 1: Media is going a death panel?
Speaker 2: What what what do you do with Tyrone van Ashwagen?
Speaker 1: Uh? I followed it, you know what I think? So this is the interesting part is I think play would get to make their case. They get to make a presentation. Ty Run someone that I personally found to be very engaging. A great swing. He's got a great swing. I'm not crazy about the iliac clothes, but uh, you know, I think I think you can make a case for him.
Speaker 3: But you know what, I'm almost in the mind where if you finish, if you finish one twenty five, say two years in a row, then you're eligible for the death panel.
Speaker 1: Like I feel like if the first year you should get a pass. So you said one hundred twenty five, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's you know, there needs to be more spots for the web guys to come.
Speaker 1: Up exactly agree. Yeah, oh that's exactly what crazing for this? Yeah, how about Bubba one eleven.
Speaker 2: Bubba doesn't even want to play. He wants to just go be the mayor of Pensacola.
Speaker 1: Bubba Buba played like six weeks in a row. That's true. He's getting it. I give him a lot of credit for that.
Speaker 2: He's he's got burgeoning businesses down there. He's got a scream shop and some other store. Bubba Bubba's moving into.
Speaker 1: Office candy store. It's a candy story.
Speaker 2: Trying. I find it ironic that Bubba will likely be the governor of the state that you live in.
Speaker 1: Bubba getting into a couple a couple of steps away from that, Yeah, that would be. That's gonna take a few few I don't know. Yeah, I'm not sure the world's gonna last long. That's a good example of a guy. And he's like the nicest guy in the world from what I'm told.
Speaker 3: I've never actually met him, but Cameron trink Galley, he's been on the tour how many years now, five six years?
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot. Has he ever come even close to winning? I think he lost the playoff in Texas one year.
Speaker 2: He finished twentieth on the FedEx Cup one year.
Speaker 1: Oh it's crazy, but like but that was like he so much third at Cherry Hills or something. He's made so much money, like you know, m Morgan Hoffmann, Like there's there's guys like that that, like they're never even in the realm of losing their car. I mean, gallis in the bubble this year. But and they've made like twelve million dollars in their career. Yeah, in four or five years without winning anything or without you know, coming to top five. Well, one of the tough things too, is always looking at like, you know, if you finish one thirty or you finish one forty five or something, look at like how many starts those guys get the next year. It's always like, you know, the kind of the narrative is always like, oh my god, these guys are playing for a job or whatever. They I mean, they still get a lot of the time, they still get fifteen starts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how do they slot in versus the like the upcoming web guys as far as.
Speaker 1: That took yourself confusing, but a lot of time it's I mean they typically get like you know, they're going to get their sponsor exemptions, they're going to get like a lot of that stuff. They're they're going to play i mean priority for like a lot of the you know, the office field events and like stuff like that. I mean, they still end up getting up starts.
Speaker 2: Bob As has got fourteen starts like about and.
Speaker 1: He's always for the champions. He's elible for the death panel. Also like to be on the death panel. I feel like, I think we need some dissenting voices. He seems like a dissenting voice, so he might he might be got one last year.
Speaker 2: So you're saying bob Asis might be in front of the panel while being.
Speaker 1: And then like walk around the table. To become a panelist, you would have to accuse himself, right, So.
Speaker 2: If you guys, if you guys could give one guy outside the one twenty five this year a special membership next year.
Speaker 1: See this is the beauty of the panel. This we could you know, we could do that with it number five people. Yeah, so say that again. So anybody outside the top one twenty five gets a free pass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gets a free pass. Any any guy outside one twenty.
Speaker 1: Five one year past or a lifetime pass.
Speaker 2: Let's give him a lifetime.
Speaker 1: Who's the guys, Oh, well there's one that we should throw out because it's too obvious.
Speaker 2: Duke.
Speaker 1: I forgot about him, Specier Levine. Yeah, that's gonna be an obviously needs to be. He's a lifetime.
Speaker 2: Hey, Ken Duke is out too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because that's fair is fifty? I know, I think I was thinking that he already he's already a lifetime member of the tour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got he's got a lifetime membership.
Speaker 1: It's like like, for instance, last year, Peter malnaughty nice guy death panel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Peter Mal nod, he's out.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say no, seven so good. No, you're not gonna say Jason earlier. I was gonna say, yeah, I like Jason Gore. He might be up there. He's just he's older. I think he would even you know, admit it's probably it should probably be better served him when a little younger. I'm gonna give it to uh, go back up. I'm gonna give it to Steve Marino. Okay, that seems to reckless with your vote. Uh, I'll tell you what, man, I'd love to see.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: I love to see my man Max home, I get another crack at at tour life, get.
Speaker 2: A real chance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I love to I'd love to see that. It's hard, you know, when you're starting one tournament a month. He'd probably be my answer. Yeah, I think i'd uh Barlow, How does Craig Barlow get three starts? I think, Man, this stuff is, it's crazy, it's not good. Charlie Wee six starts, Charlie we would be my guy John Merrick, the Elephant Man. Nine starts.
Speaker 2: Charlie Wee would be the guy that I gave a lifetime exemption to. Really, you know why, because we.
Speaker 1: Want to pick someone young and kind of like, we need guys for the future of the game.
Speaker 2: We need guys out there on the range practicing the hammer and drill.
Speaker 1: That's true, that's true. I don't know if he was part of the hambrick.
Speaker 2: Of ball, him and kJ Tooy, those would be my guys.
Speaker 1: I can't I would think about kJ Toy love Kjoy. How about real Ishawa nineteen starts trying to John Peterson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tron, I'm surprised you didn't go with Andrew Luke.
Speaker 1: No comment, the fiasco, the Big Fiasca.
Speaker 2: Here's here's a question I have. Will John Peterson continue to troll the PGA tour social media accounts from the web dot Com tour If he's down there next.
Speaker 1: Year, is he? Is he on a major medical still or is he just I think he's I think he's done with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he's. I think he's Web Web Tour Finals.
Speaker 1: No, it means he's gonna be in uh. I mean, just beach. Look how many break bread Shane Lowry won forty six, didn't win the dogc last year. I think he just had a kid two years ago, two.
Speaker 3: Years ago, like Ricky Barnes, thirty starts one forty three.
Speaker 1: Uh, your boy, your boy beast to Troy Merritt, DJ's boy.
Speaker 3: Truman is a past Julian Etsu Lane, Like that guy did nothing for me.
Speaker 1: Winner though he's been he's slayed the dragon.
Speaker 2: Here's here's what I like about tu Every year on tour he's gonna read those Harry Body Potter books at least like five more times.
Speaker 1: He's great. All right, anyways, can we talk about Roberto castro Oh he would be my past. I take it back. He gets a lifetime, lifetime exemption for me, really lifetime. Yeah, love Roberto Castro No, But like that's that's part exactly fun, is that he can feel like the volatility. I love that. He's the most volatile guy out there. What if you gave him a pass, but you didn't tell him that he gave him a pass until every year it was kind of like, okay, we'll give you one more. So he's so now he's gone twice. The full circle. It's basically it's basically the full it's the season long full Camilo, or you make it to the tour championship and lose your card the next year. He's done twice. How hard that is to do.
Speaker 2: It's it's actually pretty astounding. It might be the most impressive thing that happened all season. I don't think anybody's ever done it, and he's done twice. I know, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: What's up with your boy? Riowa?
Speaker 2: My boy?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Why is he my? I don't think I've ever written about Iskawa.
Speaker 1: It just seems like I kind of got to be your boy.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think he just plays on the Asian tour.
Speaker 1: No, he made like nineteen starts this year. Can I get a let's.
Speaker 2: Do a Remember when it was a big deal that Rio Ishikawa was playing in the Turn?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's what I was gonna say, So let's do a Let's do a s A T question here? So who would we say? Matsuyama is like the Japanese who like Golfer, Yeah, like Tiger because he doesn't want major yet.
Speaker 2: He's like, uh the Japanese film Phil Nicholson.
Speaker 1: All right, So Hideki is to fill as Rio is to who. I was gonna say that too. I think that's reckless. Ricky Barnes, Ricky Barnes, Yeah, I a ton of young promise us am her.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So so then so then that makes so who's Shagaki mar Allen? That's a great question.
Speaker 2: Who's singer? Who's single? Kadama?
Speaker 1: I don't think she go Japanese?
Speaker 2: Japanese Japanese for sure. I love that guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I use a man that hat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so good, Well, I say Oki, he'd be like Dumbo Azaki.
Speaker 1: We're getting down a wormhole here.
Speaker 2: Jumbo Azaki would be like Jack Nicholas, Right, I think so, how could anybody be like they?
Speaker 1: Jumbozaki would be like Bobby Jones. Yeah that's that's better, all right, write this up for a post, will Andy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'll let's get on my horse start riding. Yeah, what anything else on this tournament?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't think that should just get some questions a shiploaded questions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's start with somebody I forgot who was asked about the US AM so sorry sorry. Somebody quote tweeted it.
Speaker 1: I haven't watched it yet.
Speaker 2: Watched it? Yeah, your boy mav lost.
Speaker 1: Kind of a kind of a blood bath as a human being. I don't think that should be on the on the Walker Cup team. I'm just gonna why why say that? I just don't think he had a good year. Okay, he didn.
Speaker 2: Make the cut in the last two tour events. He made the cut. It one of your major championships, Tron. He made the cut of the Deer. He was low. He was low am at the Deer.
Speaker 1: Big deal. Following the footsteps of Jordan's. Yeah, Patrick Rodgers thinks where to Patrick Rodgers? He's high on the list, had.
Speaker 3: A comple Rogers another guy at some point, he's gonna face the death panal think.
Speaker 1: I think he played himself in.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do uh, let's do a question from Mike Iration, big friend of the pod.
Speaker 1: Shout out Micah, shout out Barbara.
Speaker 2: Shout out Iration. Great great reggae band.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is it reggae? I think they call it.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the exact genre is. He's a decent golfer, too, great golfer. What is your least favorite course in the country?
Speaker 1: Very very odd brand question for this, and I feel like you should lead that one off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a there's a course in Gurney, Illinois, and it's called Bittersweet Golf Club, and we used to have to play there in high school matches. And this team with Warren played there and literally every every fair away was crowned into water hazards.
Speaker 1: Oh that sounds exactly like the course I was.
Speaker 2: Going to describe it, but on both sides, and like it was like you just had to aim right at the one fifty stick every hole. That was like the whole like just hit it to the one fifty stick and then like hope, like you can play well and shoot good scores out there.
Speaker 1: But that was like sweet part.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh exactly, so bittersweet golf club. A bomb should probably be dropped on it.
Speaker 1: Wow, I'll kind of I'll jump in and follow us something very similar. There's a course in Orlando. I lived in Orlando for a couple of years, and there's a course called Dub's Dread Golf Course right in the middle of downtown. That is like I think that's another Depth Dread about fifte miles north.
Speaker 2: That that would be a good contender actually after what Reefs did do.
Speaker 1: It after it was restored restore, Yeah, dumbs Dread. They have like one of the coolest ranges in Orlando. They have a lighted range where you kind of hit balls, like you know, into the ponds and they retrieve them, which I was like sweet, Oh it's fun man. You go out there at like ten o'clock at night and listen to music and just fireballsh It's great. But there were a couple of times where there were like no other courses to play or the cheapest option or whatever. You go out there and be like be one hundred and five degrees and yeah, all the faaraways are just like you go out there in like August July, it was like just completely like we talk about firm and fast a lot, this was just completely baked out and you just all the faariraways are crowded the hazards and you go out you'd like just lose ten balls because like there's a lot like blind shots too, where you're just you know, yeah, it's not good. Not good. That's that's the least fun I've ever had playing golf.
Speaker 2: Not good not good. Penal design.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna say. There's a course in Hiltonhead called Palmetto Hall and they least have an AGA event there and it was I played, I played the qualifier a few times and it was literally the most penal narrow golf course. But the thing that and there was ob there's houses, it was like the worst elements of of resort or.
Speaker 3: Kind of flat you know, penal golf. But the worst part about it was all the features, like all the bunkers and all the mounds and all the greens were shaped like like geometric shapes, so like the.
Speaker 1: Were like polygons are like parallelogram. All the bumpers are like completely square, completely complete circles. It was like, I'm I sort of got to look it up online. It was. It was.
Speaker 3: It was the most brutal place of It was always welteringly hot, so I just have bad memories of that place.
Speaker 2: It was an auto care question masterpiece.
Speaker 3: Yeah, actually I think I think it was like the first golf course like designed exclusively on auto cap But it was Bob Bob Kopp, who normally rest his soul, did a pretty good job with horses. He was a pretty pretty solid architect. So yeah, kind of a bizarre, bizarre place there on the island.
Speaker 1: Great question.
Speaker 2: Here. Here's another good question from and it goes back to the focus man on tour, Druid ned Zinski wants to know can Ricky Fowler get to Jeff Ogilvie's career, well, who will have a better career in twenty years.
Speaker 1: How many wins does Ogilvy have? I was just gonna look it up.
Speaker 2: You don't think he has eleven or ten worldwide, three WGCs and one major.
Speaker 1: Well, who's gonna downgrade those worldwide wins? Boa he has eight PGA Tour wins. It's a lot of wins. What's he won? So he's won, He's won one two or three WGCs.
Speaker 2: Three WGCs and a major in the US Open?
Speaker 1: What were the wgc's two match play and.
Speaker 2: There was another one Firestone one year.
Speaker 1: I think that sounds right. He's like next closest to Kat. Didn't he win? Like did he win a couple of tournament champions too?
Speaker 2: Yeah? He did? He won that twice.
Speaker 1: That's not a good look.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: So, although it's very woke architecture, I think.
Speaker 3: Just just be a law of just like as far as volume goes, I mean, Ricky's gonna have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna say, I'm gonna say Ricky, but jillion more chances to win. Ricky is definitely trending. He plays, he's got to get relatively speaking, it seems like he plays a lot and he's got to get one major I mean, he's going to get one major. Ricky's already what six wins, seven wins something like that. Yeah, yeah, I don't I don't know. I don't know. I don't think this was as close as as it sounded at first. Blush.
Speaker 2: You know, I saw this, I saw this question, and I think I have to do a follow up here. Why does why does Ricky get a free pass from being a golf boy?
Speaker 1: Oh? Man? This on the on the trap draw, the before, it's it's ridiculous. I think it's It's one of the greatest justices of our time, like the fact that and why why was Ben Crane a golf boy? I think Ben Crane was the reason that golf boys existed. I think it was his idea is I think I think he was kind of the driving force behind We not talk about this just puts a bad do.
Speaker 2: You want to talk about the death panel?
Speaker 1: I'd keep Ben Crane around. I know it's not a popular opinion with you two here essimists, but he's a great dude. He's good for the game. Seems like kind of a thirst budget No, I don't know. I think he's just him. I think he I'm a huge place slow. I'd be final. It's not good. That's that's a bad look. But you know, it's kind of like Trump says, you know, you don't like he fixed the loopholes. You know, you change the rules. He's not going to play slow, you know.
Speaker 3: So back to the Ricky thing. How many how many career wins did Duvall have?
Speaker 1: Oh got he won? He probably fifteen. I'm guessing. I think I think Ricky Duvall would be a that's a better comparison. Yeah, I like.
Speaker 2: That Duval had fourteen wins.
Speaker 1: Fourteen, so that's a really good that's a really good comparison. Fourteen player, a.
Speaker 2: Major, number one in the world, WGC Tour Championship.
Speaker 1: Man, and it checks all of that does that's a coin flip for me. That's that's the total.
Speaker 2: Tops up, runner ups and the Masters.
Speaker 1: The I would probably pick you ball in that in that, man, I think Ricky might fizzle out and kind of count his money after a while. I don't know, ball kind of into I guess I didn't count enough. It's bad, bad analogy, I guess.
Speaker 2: But here's a good question. I felt like Ryan Sney needs some help just by by the things they threw out here about what's his go to purchase? What's our go to purchase at bucket list courses, logo ball, yardish book, beer, mug et cetera, logo logo ball.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna pick none of the above.
Speaker 2: But he's asking I think he's asking.
Speaker 1: For Yeah, I think he's just thrown out some examples. No logo ball, No about a lot of ball, local ball. I think the I think the pencil collection is kind of replaced the logo ball collection. Loco balls are just stupid, have kind of like a DT solo. Yeah, pinnacles, pinnacles gotten super deep in the logo ball game.
Speaker 2: I don't like the idea of the logo ball either, because like the only reason to get a ball is to use.
Speaker 1: A ball exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, like I can. I still use my logo pencil, Like I use my pencils all the time at my desk. Sure you know there's still pencils. They got to have some functionality.
Speaker 1: My I My purchase is always I think my power Rankings goes T shirt is number one a schlub and because I have approximately one hundred and fifty golf polos and like one hundred and forty five presidents. That's true. Yeah, I don't know. I just I don't ever. I don't need golf polos. And there was you know, one hundred and fifty dollars. Give me a T shirt any day, I go, belt, T shirt, hat, golf polo. You got some good belt, you got some get belts.
Speaker 2: About the belt some money one. I like hats.
Speaker 3: I like belts are timeless, Like you're not gonna Yeah, if you got enough of them, you're not gonna wear it out less get fat or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a motivation to not get fat. Also exactly, I actually think one of the uh, I think a beer mug is an underrated one. If it's like a really awesome course, like if you know this is gonna be the best course you may ever play. That's where you get like a rocks glass. You get rocks, and then.
Speaker 1: And then every time you pour yourself with drink, you're just like, oh, I like, uh, I'm gonna adopt it. Some of the South now, so I like my tervice tumblers. Also, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: But you've got to be careful with those. Only by them at really good places, Like I don't want to I don't want to see whistling strates. I don't know whistling straights.
Speaker 3: But I got a I got a bay the start ofst that I like, I'm so listening streets.
Speaker 1: Well, we don't have to trigger you guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, let's see.
Speaker 1: We had a bunch of a lot of questions.
Speaker 2: I know, it's sifting through these. Oh, here you go. How wide does a whole slash fairway have to be to qualify for the wid an angles term from Jim Anderson looks like up in the Twin City.
Speaker 1: Right, it's completely subjective.
Speaker 2: Depends on length, right, it depends who's playing too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so let's say for amateur golfers.
Speaker 2: I think forty yards. Yeah, gotta have forty yards.
Speaker 1: What's like the tightest tour fairway twenty twenty Yeah, well like Houston, you.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah, but like players, Uh, Stockgress is a good example. Is like that place has angles for tour pros, but that's like tour pros, yeah, like, but for a regular golfer, No, no.
Speaker 1: No, you kind of close your eyes and try to hit the fair way. Andy, speaking of with the angles, you would have been just absolutely horrified at the fourth hole this week last week at Quo.
Speaker 2: I was horrified from my couch, you.
Speaker 3: Know, just the way like it was. It was at least it was one hundred and fifty yards wide. It's part three, and it just had all this unnecessary grass and then the green was super wide, all these crazy undulations, but it was just like it was like width for the sake of having width, so it was totally pointless.
Speaker 1: Yes, didn't didn't see.
Speaker 2: That one they plays stinks.
Speaker 1: Well, that's a good one. I like ted Ted McCarten. Overrated, underrated, are we getting into over it? Undert well, just let's just just make it kind of a smortgage ported. Yeahtuff uh. Overrated. Underrated phones on the number ninety to make a food order at the turn.
Speaker 2: Oh so underrated.
Speaker 3: I think I think it's overrated because because half the time nobody's on the other end of those phones.
Speaker 1: You think, show.
Speaker 2: Well you've had bad experiences. They are so underrated because you can get like a burger at the turn, and then when you get to the turn, it's ready, like you don't have to wait if it keeps play moving like I thought you, of all people, a slow play Nazi would be before this.
Speaker 1: I love I love the phone, I would say way underrated. The only reason I would say overrated is because it makes you order food when you're not hungry. Just to utilize the technologies. They're just solving problems with technology. Yeah, that don't speak.
Speaker 2: Then I think Bryson needs to get involved with that. You might see what the Microsoft Cloud can do for that. Shout out call.
Speaker 1: Tricks, shout out panto mic. Somebody replied to them America being old corkscrew and Stero Florida. I disagree.
Speaker 3: I think that's it. It's a Nicholas. But it's a good course. It's just really hard.
Speaker 2: Here Tucker Blankenship best three hole stretch at Riviera.
Speaker 1: Oh man, that's going to be that's a you question. Oh, I just I have an uneducated opinion of that question.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The one hole I don't like is is fourteen out there?
Speaker 1: Which one is that said par three?
Speaker 2: It's just like going to be dead because I would say I really like twelve thirteen, but I have to go five, six, seven. Yeah, five and seven are like two of the greatest part fours. They're so underrated. Seven. I think seven is the most underrated hole in.
Speaker 1: Golf, and six is such a good part three too. Yeah, six is just a vibe with the trees, and six.
Speaker 2: Is bringing that that whole group down.
Speaker 1: This is a This is a really good question from at banks W what's the course on tour that's most enjoyable for amateur golfers.
Speaker 2: It will be probably Trinity Forrest.
Speaker 1: Wow, you're so deep in with big crunch eye.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be it's so wide, it's gonna be so much different. I'm trying to think of what else is. Uh, it's pretty friendly, I know I'm forgetting. I mean, Riviera is pretty friendly to the regular golfer. The bunkers are a little deep.
Speaker 1: I mean, Augusta should be friendly. Aga be fun when to play, I.
Speaker 2: Bet whiley is fun too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why all I could be so good? Though, Like if they've made they truly embraced the the template.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what's not PGA National.
Speaker 1: No, I have no interest. It's gonna be a note for me. Doug.
Speaker 2: I played there with a buddy who's like a sixteen handicap and it was probably one of the longest days of go half of his life.
Speaker 1: Overrated, Underrated, Overrated, underrated, bpt n W A M. I don't even leave his best player to never win a major or to not win a major, overrated, super overrated. I think I think it should be the best player to win, to not win two majors. Wow, what was that stat you had the other day, Eddie.
Speaker 2: I think it's like two hundred and eighteen people have won one major, but only eighty one have won two majors. And I think that's so true. See, I'm kind of majors are it's hard, especially now in the era we're in now we're with technology. It's it's made like in the skill like there's so many more good players that it's gonna be harder and harder. Like there's only four majors year, it's kind of hard to win a major, like you just have to win play Like to a certain extent, they're very overrated when you're looking at a career of a player like Westy is a perfect example.
Speaker 1: Great example right there by the way, Yeah you have me twenty dollars by the way you figured it out.
Speaker 2: I got venom year. But but like in general, I think the best player to win, Like it's like if Ricky doesn't win a major, but say he wins, like you know, Memorial Riviera. Like you say he wins twenty times and doesn't doesn't win a major, like is he did? He have a bad career.
Speaker 1: It's the mantikndum Monty is the best player. Uh over a and underrated wipey fades. It's for Benjamin McIntyre underrated. I think for me and Trod, you're gonna get a big underrated super.
Speaker 2: It's right, Yeah, you've brought into my line.
Speaker 1: Come over to the dark side. Brandon thorn Thornberry overrated, underrated, under underrated as he plays pretty accurately. I love it.
Speaker 2: You know, he's got he's got really good hands to around the greens. He's he's got game.
Speaker 1: He's a reactionary player. I think that.
Speaker 2: I think I heard his father is a was a UPS driver, and his or worked for UPS. And his mom was like a FedEx driver, which is cool too.
Speaker 1: You know, it's like Tas versus It's like Westwood winning the Saint Jude that this is a good one. Too overrated. Sorry, I'm just taken over overrated, underrated from Chad Williamson out of Bounce. I think it's I think it's underrated. Really yeah, I'm gonna say criminally overrated. But I'll let you make your point.
Speaker 3: So I go back to the first hole at hoy Lake, Yeah, which is the third hole in the tournament.
Speaker 1: It's got in course out of bounce over the dog leg as well as the question could just be in course out of bounds, which I would ironically say is underrated, but I would say it turns into otherwise nondescript strategy as hole into one where you're you're really thinking your way off the tea, which without the out of bounce you'd just be mashing one.
Speaker 2: What what if the out of bounds? What if the out of bounds was a hazard?
Speaker 1: What if the out of bounds is a hazard in amateur going off in out of bounds and professional golf? I mean then we could just have a different ball too. Oh yeah, which I'm into. Pretty sweet. Yeah, bifurcation underrated.
Speaker 2: I think. I think out of bounds is underrated. I like out of bounds really yeah. Yeah, I think if you hit it off the golf course, there should be more of a penalty than hiding in the water.
Speaker 1: All right, that's fair.
Speaker 2: No incourse outbounds, in course outbounds.
Speaker 3: I love in course out of bounds over and underrated Buck Club hype.
Speaker 1: I say underrated for sure. We're talking about the food selections yesterday, and yeah, not just trying to tell the guy what he wants to hear. He's got rabbit ears on on bun Club material. Shout out ZB, shout out cultures. But I love it, man, I love wearing the hat around. People wreck ignize it all the time. It's a movie, it's a movement betweeting the grounds crew of Ferrell today. So good.
Speaker 2: It's not, it's not.
Speaker 1: It's awesome.
Speaker 2: The book Club isn't just about this golf course that is going to get built one of these days. It's more about the idea of like what good golf course architecture is, and like the principles of good golf course architecture. It's not just about like a golf course. This is more about, you know, uniting.
Speaker 1: State of mind.
Speaker 2: Yes, there needs to be no hate about the Buck Club.
Speaker 1: I agree that everything that you just said is like too hard to fit on a hat. So he went with a logo, Yeah, overrated underrated. DJ Part's career golf journalism to date.
Speaker 2: Oh, super very overrated, super underrated, super overrated. He just came in last year with like a you know, you never see anything written by DJ Pie and he wrote the best piece of the year on PGA tour dot Com, the Ricky Fowler like you know, basically a history of how he came back in that player.
Speaker 1: Helen Ross would beg to disagree. Shout out, Helen Ross. That's very nice of you to say. I'll say, I'll say overrated. Significant others who liked to golf as much as you. Oh, luckily you say overrated. I'm say kind of overrated. Now, watching golf is a different story. My wife likes to watch golf, golf tournaments all that, but playing golf is kind of my my deal, my stick, And yeah, she just feels like that's don't you know, not trying to infringe upon my territory. Yeah, I think that's fair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my soon to be wife, she doesn't golf, she has no interest in golf, So it's my thing.
Speaker 1: It's nice space, sure space between.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Here's some good overrated under raiders Alex Noorn popular.
Speaker 1: One, properly rated. Yeah, that's what I was going to say. I was blown away this week just watching him on the range and watching him play a little bit. How how low his trajectory is Alex Norn low key bald. Also really oh yeah, Swedish though, sneaky bald. All right, not really relevant, Just throw it out there is Ogleby sneaky bald. Nobody's like Jonathan Bird, like Jonathan Bird, sneaky bald. People say that I look like Joe. Really who said that?
Speaker 2: Joe?
Speaker 1: Remember you got that fist fight with Joe Ogleby.
Speaker 2: And I didn't again in a fist fight with Joe Ogilby. She just got heated. Well, what it was in the media center and he was he was sitting in my seat, first off, and they were having a conversation about the way it was is that in Austin and they're having a conversation about the matchplay format and I and and he like looked up at me, and I was like, by the way, matchplay format stinks. And he didn't know who he was, by the way, No, I had no clue, And he got so mad. I mean, he got just so mad.
Speaker 1: He's like, by the way, you're in my seat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like, give me you get up. I gotta do some work.
Speaker 1: What uh? What was his argument for saying the mashplay format doesn't stink.
Speaker 2: He just was like, you don't understand how hard it is to sell a sponsor or something. I go, well, before I did this, that was my job. Was was selling sponsorships for things. So I do understand. Well, it's like to sell sponsors.
Speaker 1: Didn't you drop some line on him like he doesn't understand uh, playing professional golfer something? No, No, it was something like that. It was something to understand amateur. I'll have your know, sir. I played the US mid amateur. Yeah. I had a pretty good feeling. I know what's what I'm talking about here?
Speaker 2: Did I tell you guys I forgot to sign up this year?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're a train wreck. Yeah we heard that on the car ride.
Speaker 2: What oh god, it's terrible. All right, here's a good question.
Speaker 1: Todd Mitchell ejected, that was horrible.
Speaker 2: Sign How did he get out of the scoring area without signing his only job the scoring guy has?
Speaker 1: Here's overrated under sign cards? All right, cool, you guys are good to get overrated. Underrated that I'm making up as we go, Uh, signing scorecards very overrated. No, I don't know. I disagree. You put your signature down. It's in principle you're signing your name.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's important in smaller events, but like a professional event or a like USAM which has live scoring like no, like if he walks out of the scoring area and walks back twenty minutes later, he's still shot sixty seven.
Speaker 1: Right, That's what I'm saying. I agree it is uh here, this is.
Speaker 2: A good question, Kyle Binkley. You have to choose one to design your course, Reese or Robert. I'll hang out them liston Robert Robert Junior?
Speaker 3: How about your boy Matti g Over in Ireland just is toutling a new Robert Trent junior course.
Speaker 2: How did you get hired to design a course?
Speaker 1: Why would you go to Ireland to play Robert Trent June and junior course? Insanity?
Speaker 2: I was reading the comments on that post on Instagram and I just I still wanted to dive in there and be like, is this real life?
Speaker 1: Like none of you guys should ever be able to step foot on a golf course Again. I'm gonna say we got to answer the question here. I'm gonna I'm gonna stick with my brand and say junior really yeah, I mean your brand? Are you big on Junior? Big on Chambers Man. I feel like I gotta keep doubling down on Chambers Bay.
Speaker 2: Andy, how was that pod you did with I've Got It on Friday.
Speaker 1: Don't dodge, don't dodge your question. No, I'm going Reeves.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I mean they like he's just gonna shoot himself.
Speaker 3: A number of golf courses that Robert Trent Jones Junior is designed, like his his ratio of hits to just complete schlock.
Speaker 1: He's like an Adam Dunn type player. You know, it's like a he's like a freaking like late late career one pu like career here, a lot of slap singles, Like the hits are slap singles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then he's striking out and not getting on bass at all and playing below the average defense, below replacement level like like Robert Chard Jones Junior is below replacement level player my book, Who's.
Speaker 1: Who's like the Mendoza line of architects. It's a good question. We freaking address it in the future.
Speaker 2: The Fat, the Fast, I.
Speaker 1: Feel like the Fast just like does stuff that his clients want to do, though he's a bit of a victim of his own success.
Speaker 2: Yeah, by the way, I take Junior all right, that's validating. I feel like, you know what, I take Junior because he's got blassy m does he still have him some mut I feel like that's a good influence.
Speaker 1: All Right, what else we got? Keeping your club's organized in your back? He used to be underrated for me. Now I think it's overrated.
Speaker 2: Considering I can't what are we.
Speaker 1: Talking micro seconds to find the club that you're.
Speaker 3: Good for considering, Well, it matters if you're walking or riding. If you're riding, I don't care where they're at. If you're walking, I think that's a good.
Speaker 1: That's a good it's a reasonable take.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's actually true. When you're walking, you have more organization, you have more time. Yeah, oh this is a This actually was a good question that we kind of addressed from Sarah Endicott. Are there too many ways for players to retain tour cards? And should there be more volatility and relegation? I love that she used relegation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's gonna She's always got a good question. She's out in Columbia. She super woke.
Speaker 2: I think I think that there should just be an instant relegation.
Speaker 1: Should there be a mid season relegation? I think there should be arbitrary relegations, maybe even shot to shot relegations.
Speaker 3: That kind of goes along with like the DJ is the greatest player of all time totally, even if you're just just looking at one shot at the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, here's a good question. Overrated, underrated, Wearing Lululemon pants.
Speaker 1: Underrated. Not enough people repurpose Lululemon stuff for golf. It's expensive.
Speaker 3: I don't buy it on my own, but like if people buy me gift card or whatever, I got a couple of pairs of Lululemon pants and shorts that I wear on a golf course that are just straight fire.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say I don't. I don't have you know, enough data to really weigh.
Speaker 2: In if people that rip on Lululemon pants have never warn Yeah, because they're the best thing that I was wearing Lulu Lemon pants today. They're the best.
Speaker 1: It's just like I've got these Callaway pants or these Patagonia pants. Sorry, wow, there, I got these Patagonia pants. They're like waterproof, they're like hiking pants, and they're they're looking my rain pants and I wear them and they're like the greatest rain pants you could ever ask for on the golf course. They're Patagonia. He wore them to Quill Halloween. Okay, my mistake. Jy regrets the error. Also underrated and during the mystery of what Airbnb meant with that thing, he said, Oh my god, that's the biggest of the twenty seventeen season. Yeah, if somebody gets a chance. I think you need to set up the storty case the case for some reason. You know, somebody's not in on this inside jokes.
Speaker 3: I think we're out at the We're out at the It was the heritage, right, yeah, right, we're out the heritage. I think sitting there on the putt and Green talking to Catman and Strubber DJ and Big Grandy and I and Honorable walks by, it's like, oh.
Speaker 1: Sweet, it's Airbnb. Niggas not till July. My friend and he kept walking it, smirked and just kept walking. Had no idea what he meant it was. My mind was blown. My mind is still blown anyways. So you say underrated because still I still think about it, probably daily.
Speaker 2: Hey, uh, I want to know you know a friend of a friend of the pod. Yeah. Uh, web web to our web to our star Justin Huver asked a question about wolf hammers his wolf.
Speaker 1: Tron was corrected very harshly, that it's wolf hammer.
Speaker 2: It sounds like that kind of a silly game if nothing matters until the last two holes.
Speaker 1: What a horrible take.
Speaker 2: He says, overrated, underrated first sixteen holes, and he.
Speaker 1: Was kind of implying he was kind of trying to put his thumb on the scale of the overrated underrated there.
Speaker 3: But well, I mean, I think of all people, Hubert should should. I think that that's underrated, right, somebody set the value because I lost.
Speaker 1: Hubert got booked into a different tax bracket based on the last two holes and all the money you won from Tron on those last two holes. It was just yeah, it's just sick of fining the club place all of a sudden, Yeah, it's just kids at home. Don't don't bet real money with guys who are second on the web dot Com Tour and scoring average. Tron went blind lone wolf, getting no shots. I guess the guy who's leading the web tour all around breaking this. It was a suicide. You don't have to always it was.
Speaker 3: It was the generational driver, the off balls, So sure, basically just got to set yourself up for the second shot, and yet you know she got to hit a good, good flip wedgend.
Speaker 2: There you guys, got anything else you want to ask?
Speaker 1: I think we're pretty maxed out. Shout out how about your New York Times. Shout at cricket Andy and the faily New York Times today you believe that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what a world Sweetens, What a great place. That place everybody should go.
Speaker 1: If you haven't had the second favorite course I've ever played?
Speaker 2: What's your favorite past man? Sweden's is above Fishers.
Speaker 1: Sweetens is one spot above Fishers from the wow elite company.
Speaker 2: Very elite. I don't know where Swedens would rank on mind.
Speaker 1: It's just it makes me so much like Janella said something a nine about are you this afternoon? About Sweden's being a short course. It's not a short course. It's a nine whole course. And it's not even nine whole course. It's got nine green complexes. It's got like a hundred fifteen holes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he doesn't know what he's talking about because he has used to go there. Yeah, that's that's the course you should go to. I don't know to go anyways for the love.
Speaker 1: Of golf, you have to go. All right, so player quick question though, somebody said Dunes clover Swens out of ten rounds. I've never played Dunes Club.
Speaker 2: So I'd go.
Speaker 1: Over and underrated out of ten rounds. Questions underrated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's the best way i'd go. I go eight Sweetens to Dunes.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wow, Mike Kaiser's not gonna like hearing that.
Speaker 2: They gotta cut down a lot of trees out there.
Speaker 1: We gotta go back to Sweetens when it's firm and fast. It was soaked when out there.
Speaker 2: I think i'd I'm going to go in October.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go late September. October is the best time. Let's turning. We should organize this little beat up friends of the pot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we could do gathering.
Speaker 1: I listen if anyone made it this deep in the pot, it wants to go in October. Tweet ass, let's let's figure Sweetens Mountain the farm trying to play only rainers.
Speaker 2: Oh, I want to play that date. I saw this one that was a Dave Axlent course. It looks unreal. It's another dine holder right around.
Speaker 1: I'm not familiar with Dave Excellent's work. There's swany en haants know.
Speaker 2: Dave Excellent is like core and Crunshaw's like right hand guy.
Speaker 1: Awesome, let's do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, by the way, shout out to the guy that redd Cedgefield, like I don't know Chris Chris Spence years ago. Yeah, he did a really good job. Of course, is like low key, really fundamentally sound.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's got all the bones. All right, you guys be well.
Speaker 1: Last thing overrated? Underrated? That beach at this at the window this week? Remember the beach in the one hole. I feel like paper. They're trying to downplay the beach a little bit. I don't know what they're doing. The chair bit, I'll say overrated, it's not it should fly us and hang out of the beach. I think it would be. I think we would be out of our weight class. Fluid pros the last time.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what what the beach you're referring to is.
Speaker 3: Just keep an eye on the Thursday Friday telecast. We'll see so I sound like one Wait Park four seventeen. There's like a beach over to the right on this one lake. It's pretty dumb, but.
Speaker 1: It's also the.
Speaker 2: Way it is, I'm going I'm gonna watch it all right, all right, don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm glad we got that in there, all right. See see yeah, Anything to any concern